Speaker 1: Is so different from when we last spoke yesterday. The world has fundamentally changed. Maybe you didn't feel it. Well, if you're in San Diego, maybe you did. I think they had an earthquake that they felt, but it didn't do a lot of damage.
Speaker 2: That wasn't it. No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: To see how the world changed overnight, you have to go to West Texas, where a group of you know, motivated, dedicated, hard working, highly trained astronauts made their initial flight up just to the Carmen line and then they hung out there for four minutes and then just basically dropped back where they were. And again, I would be saying nothing about this at all, like I mentioned yesterday, but you wouldn't let me just go, oh, that's kind of cool. They're sending that that uh, that pop star I know up there, Okay, all right, and then that would have been That would have been the end of it. But no, I have for weeks been getting to jam down my throat that this is some big feminist thing, and I'm like, can we just can we just do our thing? Let them do their thing. That's fine. Tell me it's some names that I know, and then that'll be the end of it. But but I decided to watch all of that yesterday. It was about a half hour after the show. Rocket goes up. Everything looks good. I'm glad. That's great. And then Rocket comes down, and I even stick around for the post game because I found it kind of interesting. Now, to be fair, really, the only one I watched its entirety was the Shatner one. Ross did you watch the Shatner one and even and the post game?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I talked about yesterday how he was going on and on and Bezos was spraying his hose with champagne. Yes, yes, it's like big interestspective, you know, change of life event, right right, right.
Speaker 1: Right, and and so so there you go. But yesterday, yesterday, in fact, let's just real quick. Let's listen in on this three.
Speaker 2: And twenty eight thousand feet one hundred kilometers.
Speaker 1: Welcome to space, ladies, or shall I say astronauts.
Speaker 3: Oh the moon.
Speaker 1: I will have to look.
Speaker 4: At the moon.
Speaker 5: Oh my, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 1: All this is awesome. I can't imagine freaking out up there. That's cool, that's fine.
Speaker 3: It wasn't clear.
Speaker 4: Those are the astronauts, those are their voices that you're hearing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think Katie Perry sung it's a one ear the beautiful, see the highest point in flight, well.
Speaker 2: Over three hundred and forty five thousand seats.
Speaker 1: What was the common line, like, that's really cool to listen to how people are reacting to it. So how did it change? Well, it changed because I also once they crashed or got crashed down, it's the wrong word. Didn't mean that word. Once they landed, although it was interesting because towards the end of the landing they were screaming like it's a roller coaster. Not because I think they were scared, but it's just weird. It's just weird how people people react because it literally sounded like six women screaming all at the same time. But I didn't get the vibe it was a terror scream, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: But whatever.
Speaker 1: Again, that's not the issue. The problem is when they got out and started doing interviews, because here was the central Well, let's listen to Katy Perry and understand that she pretty much represents everything.
Speaker 6: It is the.
Speaker 7: Highest high, and it is surrender to the unknown trust and this whole journey is not just about going to space. It's the training it's the team, it's the whole thing. I could have recommend this experience more.
Speaker 2: This is like up there.
Speaker 7: With all the you know, different tools that I've learned in my life, from meditation to the Hoffmann process. This is up there because what you're doing is you're find you're like really finding the love for yourself because you got to trust in yourself on this journey. And then you're feeling the love when you come down for sure, and you're feeling that strength. So I feel really connected to that strong, divine feminine right.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, divine, the divine feminine. Okay, didn't her dad wasn't her dad? Her parents are like super religious, right. I thought her dad was like a pastor.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like a preacher, you think. Yeah, i'thing like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. When you were talking about her mom was sitting there, you know, waiting for to come down, speaking in tongue. So obviously like, yeah, it's a very religious fan.
Speaker 2: Being a music radio at the time where her songs are coming out, it was a big deal because their songs were you know, very sexy and she's weird, right, Yeah, it was a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I never knew if that was marketing, because that sounds like straight music industry marketing. There the preacher's daughter. All right, So here's the thing. So my beef with Katie is not what it is with the others necessarily. Uh, it has to do with the training.
Speaker 2: What the whole thing sort of pisses me off. And like I said, I think it's really cool. It's a cool thing, but you're not an astronaut. And then someone's gonna call up with the technical definite listen of all the training we did. You're not docking, you're not launching a Space Shuttle docking with the space station. You're not even technically an outer space right.
Speaker 1: Right, You're in you're in lower Earth orbit, just above the Carmen line.
Speaker 2: And our our former boss, Brian the Bad boardop postedly yesterday and it nailed it. It's a glorified theme park ride, That's what these things are. And do you have to do some training? Yes? Do you get to put on a cool suit? Yes? Are you an astronaut? I'm going to stand by No. I don't care what the technical definition.
Speaker 1: I know. I remember this argument, and I remember they were starting to like recession. They were trying to groom the definition.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's okay. I can imagine those calls coming in, so I'm preemptively stopping them. You know, shut up, you're not an astronaut.
Speaker 1: You're you're a space tourist. You're a tourist.
Speaker 2: It's okay, yeah, and that and that's super cool. And the same way for Shattner when he went up, he's pushing buttons and launching the rocket and doing the math and doing the calculus involved, and it's none of that. You didn't go through the How many years of training does an actual astronaut, say, like buzz Aldrin or back in the day.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're talking about guys, should remember any of them you're going to the moon or they didn't know.
Speaker 2: Or the the two that were recently stranded up in the space station. How much training did they actually have? What are their actual degrees? What are there I'm sure they're all PhDs and something involving science, right right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And and and uh, I think two of the women on there were I mean, so that's fine, but that's that's only part one. The and again, you invited all the rest of the world of this party because you wanted to make this some sort of diversity thing when in reality, like space the the you know, it was all women on there. I think two of the women were black, one was Asian, right, So this isn't just a not oh, it's just the way people think. No, like like, we don't even have to bring any of this in here. So I am unified then in the problem that I did notice, And the problem that I noticed is a little bit or a lot in every one of the interviews where it sounded like they were interviewing people who just did the hyahuasca thing right, and and they're like, I I was. I was up there and it dawned upon me. We're all in this together, and it's so small and and I'm in fired now to seek change, so blah blah blah. I'm like, yeah, except brawling this together and tell it's an opinion you don't like, and then you want them canceled. So stop it, Gail Can.
Speaker 2: They're all turning into Aaron Rodgers in the cave.
Speaker 1: If you're an aspire a cult leader, hear me out, save up the ducats, get you know, scam your first few followers. But if you really want to grow the operation, go on one of these trips go up there and be like, Hey, I was up there, I looked out the window, God talk to me. It turned out I'm him.
Speaker 2: So it's weird now. It at least turns out that way, right, What do you mean? Like with these cult leaders? And so you know, he starts off one way and then at the end it's like the big reveal, the Shyamalan type reveal at the end.
Speaker 1: Oh twenty yeah, is that what you're doing there?
Speaker 3: Ross?
Speaker 2: I'm Jesus like every time.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Do you ever go to space look out the window and talk to God?
Speaker 2: I didn't, but I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So if you to question me, if I did go up there, which I wouldn't, it would be super were cool and it would be amazing, but it would not make me an astronaut. I don't care what you say, I don't care what you put in front of me. It's not the same. I'm not buzz Aldrin. I'm not faking the moon landing in a in a in a you know, in a studio stage, and I'm not that's not me. I'm kidding about that part, but not I wouldn't be you know, I'm not the it's not the same, man, it's just not.
Speaker 1: I saw you. I saw your as I saw your astronauting skills. I tuned in when you were playing that one video game.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, deliver Us the Moon. Yeah, that went great.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, the other one, the star or whatever, the big one.
Speaker 2: I don't know which one that is. I was a yeah, Starfield.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although I only watch you use the like character create things.
Speaker 2: No, because I I did know. Yeah. The first thing I did was, let's see what happens when I take my space helmet off. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: So my point is like, you would probably need some additional training based on what I was saying in there, I don't think you're supposed to take it off. Now Here is all of this full circle because you're like, I was kind of joking about the cult thing, but let me, if I could, for just a moment, let me not joke about it and be more specific. Okay, all right, So on the very set, you know, obviously with everything going on here, I'm sitting there and I'm watching some of the other coverage, and I guess they during the morning show yesterday, So when we were on the air the CBS Morning show or whatever it is. They had a former astronaut. Okay, her name is doctor Mae Jemison. She did not just go through the carbon line. She you know, went to the space station. This is so astronaut fine with that. The problem is she also is super woke. How do I I know? Because of this exchange with the seat whoever is interviewing her on the CBS Morning.
Speaker 9: Explain to our audience why even a trip like this one, all the trips that we.
Speaker 2: Take in the space benefit mankind.
Speaker 8: So it benefits humankind. And I'm gonna keep correcting and the man made and the man missions, because this is exactly what this mission is about, is expanding the perspective of who does space.
Speaker 1: Well, women in space is not a new thing, and nobody I know has a problem with it. Do you remember how excited everyone was around Raleigh. Well, I probably stayed in North Carolina. But the NC State woman who went up there, uh, well, she was going to do what the first and then they were gonna do like the first double female spacewalk, but then they didn't have enough suits or so. I can't remember what it was. But she was up there for a very long time and everyone was very proud, and that's great, especially you know all the wolf packles awesome, one hundred percent. Nobody had a beef with it. The problem, the problem I have is you couple that attitude, right, that, that smug know it all attitude with a bunch of very influential Hollywood people that could go up there or you know, others with an industry, and it turns into, well, your opinion is invalid because you've never seen the earth from where I have. Do you kind of get the vibe with that that that that that that little inserted cast system there where? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I think the issue with that is most people are going to look upon that and say it's so dumb.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you're another example, Ross, How how do you have opinions about European politics? Uh?
Speaker 2: Not really, I don't really care about it.
Speaker 1: You've never done a story in the UK and you're like, oh, that's insane because they're turning in sharpened spoons, right.
Speaker 2: I tend not to have a lot of like, I just don't care about Europe. I don't care about it enough to learn about it even.
Speaker 1: It's my point is, you know you've heard people go, well, if you've never been over there, how can you comment?
Speaker 2: Well, No, it's so dumb though, because you can pay for this. It's just space tourism. Like you said, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I'm saying it's going to be a problem when a bunch of celebrities get together and a bunch of you know.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody cares about celebrities these days, so it's not going to have any well.
Speaker 1: The ruling class, so to speak with anymore. I understand that, but I'm telling you that's not going to stop their smug miss their smugs saying there.
Speaker 2: They're always going to be smug forever about everything. The problem is the majority of people, and you see this with the ratings and the oscars and with political endorsements. People don't care anymore. It holds absolutely no waight, like when you're in space. Yeah. That woman doesn't.
Speaker 1: Even claim it's going to be impactful. I'm just claiming it's going to be damned annoying.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: I'm more worried about the cult guy who figures it out.
Speaker 2: All right, it'll be completely annoying. Yeah. I wrote down, by the way, the definition of man kind when I heard that, because it was like space lady must know more about language than I do, because she's really smart and she's actually so man mankind is a noun. It means the whole of the human race, including both men and women. Synonyms are humanity, and even when she's using the word which is a human kind, it still has the word man in it. She's an idiot.
Speaker 1: That should have been I actually looked, I actually looked up the definition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the definition is Mick Foley, So I did. Yeah, that was the second definition. Oh all right, correct, Yeah, so I was tweeted that yesterday. But it's just so it's so dumb.
Speaker 1: Ah, but she's doctor.
Speaker 2: That should have been the end of the interview. That should have been, like, you're so dumb, I can't continue this interview. Bring me a real astronaut with a brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, buzz Alder and still are out. At least he punches people. Get him in there.
Speaker 2: Then I'd ask him about that sound studio and then he punched me right square in the jaw, and it would be the greatest moment.
Speaker 1: Of my life. You know what made that dude? Nobody knew who that WORDO was, So.
Speaker 2: You're telling me if buzz Aldrin punches you in the face. That would be a top ten moment of your life.
Speaker 1: You don't wash your face for a while, even know you don't get it cast a blaster cast or something with your jaw off to the Sidecause he was a real man who did a real training and flew really crazy aircraft. So now and and again, if you want to go on the really expensive ride, go ahead, but it does not make you an astronaut.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, yesterday it was the first time Marky had seen the Blue Origin spaceship. Like what it looks like? Yeah, she had never seen it before, and she's like, that looks like something that that. Why does it look like that?
Speaker 1: What you mean like a pringles can or something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well there's theories. There's stairs the way it looks like that.
Speaker 1: Uh. And then do you see Katie Perry get out? Hold she had a daisy she brought with her. She's like holding up in the air. You didn't see that.
Speaker 2: I can't believe she made potatoes out of her own poop? Did you see that? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just think it's I just think it's clear that she misunderstood what women and stem mean. So probably want to work on that. So but hey, I'm glad everyone had fun. But oh except a lot of Hollywood is very mad at them because you know, Trump or Eco or who the hell knows, but whatever, Livia Wilde, Amy Poehler, several others, We'll be back.
Speaker 2: Hang on.
Speaker 5: I was just talking to uh Tell Ross about when they were doing all the screaming going up the ship. Oh my goddess, And she said that was Katie Perry. Whatn' her? If I remember? Great, wasn't her father or minister?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I think I just mentioned that too. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean I don't have they want to adhere to all this stuff from way way back when, but that the Bible says, you know when Jesus told when the teaching the sciples out of praise, said our father, who are in heaven, right, it shouldn't be a debate and training.
Speaker 1: That's again, this is training.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say again, I wouldn't care what some Hollywood individual says, but you guys cram this whole diversity part of this flight now my throat. So you've now engaged me. And then secondly, I'm just I if there's if they're gonna be really annoying, not just necessarily them, but the more of the uh, you know, the celebrity class or the political class that you shoot up into space, the more obnoxious it's going to be to listen to them, because they're all going to feel like they have great insight and they just went on a right and that's okay, it's okay to do that.
Speaker 5: I just don't know how you change your your whole lexicon of how you speak to say, yeah, have you.
Speaker 1: Heard of pronouns?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Look the training they're getting, it's not like they're not getting functional training. And they have actual astronauts that literally on staff because trying to get yourself. I actually saw this described not necessarily I think they described it a little yesterday, but saw this described by I can't remember. I can't remember what the guy's name is an he's an astronaut who or what what flight he was on. He was on one of the later moonlands. He was like in the second to last moon landing, whichever one that was. And I remember him talking about like like how every little thing required, you know, NASA to science it out man, and literally they had to develop little things just how to get yourself back in a seat in zero gravity and all the steps that go with it. So this is the stuff they're training. This is what bothers me about the actual astronaut with that running with the Oh, I'm gonna have to correct you. It's explain to our audience why humankind even a trip like this one.
Speaker 2: All the trips that we take in the space benefit mankind.
Speaker 8: So I benefit humankind, and I'm gonna keep correcting mankind man made.
Speaker 1: But here's the deal. This woman probably has I again, I nerd out on the science stuff. Give me some history, give me some space stuff. You know what I fell asleep too last night was a space documentary with David Attenborough's voice. Oh that's good stuff. Oh that's great stuff, good stuff. YouTube's littered with it. Check it out anyway. So, like, I want to learn and I'm beat. She has some really cool stuff to impart. Now I don't care because I'm just like, oh, it's that. It's that shick. She isn't suffering, right.
Speaker 2: You're just discounting it immediately because she used the word and the word that she replaced the other word has the word in it like humanity. Yeah, we're not going to say mankind. I mean we could say humankind. Oh you mean like humankind. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Huh Oh? Look at you caught her, and you're right right.
Speaker 2: She probably is some really cool stories. There's something she could teach us. And at that point I'm like, I'm out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But then I realized, uh, I'm right there, So she's she's not my space better because I ready, I when I was in Seattle, I went to the space needle and ready for this.
Speaker 2: I've been on space Mountain.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a that's a double, that's a that's a dub. There, Rossier been on space Mountain.
Speaker 2: Girls, I'm gonna be available anywhere.
Speaker 7: You see my name on the marquee. How you can ride space Mountain all night long?
Speaker 1: Foreto did you're eighteen years old or over?
Speaker 2: I have not ridden space Mountain. I have not not that space mountain.
Speaker 1: A different one.
Speaker 2: Oh which one?
Speaker 1: We are trying to start stuff? Why do you have Rick Flair random space mountain in the system.
Speaker 2: Why would I not?
Speaker 1: I don't think he was talking about space Mountain.
Speaker 2: I mean he said space mountain in the cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't. I don't think that's what he was talking about.
Speaker 2: I think it might be something now, you know, we went to Tweetse this past week two weeknds ago whatever it was, and they have this ride where it like it's uh, it takes the kind of piston thing where it takes you up way in the air and it drops you. I'm a space I'm an astronaut.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool. Did you go above the Boone Big Beer line?
Speaker 2: Not quite that high? I mean at that point, if you're in the Boone Big Beer you're an official astronaut. That's yeah, it's the space station up there. No, it's a glorified theme park ride. That's what happens. And it's cool and it's awesome, but it's not what they're making it out to be.
Speaker 1: And and I've and I have long argued that I want this, by the way, because you had all these people like this is irresponsible. Only the rich people get to go. Yeah, that's how big innovations in travel have literally always been.
Speaker 2: That's how all innovation has worked, right when you think about the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm trying to just keep it a travel But you're correct, Yeah, you could get out.
Speaker 2: Every awesome thing that we have now originally was just for wealthy people.
Speaker 1: Go look at this one of the like the the latest cees the big electronics store, and there'll be some insane TV. They're like what if your entire house was a TV? Right, And you're like, that's amazing. How much they're like a million and a half And you're like, well, who would buy that? Really rich, really rich people will buy that, and enough will buy and then the price comes down. And then the technology because you get to, you know, produce more, that makes it more acceptable and cheaper and cheaper. And like try an HDTV. Remember back in the day when you're having to go through and like figure out what's gonna have burn in not gonna have burn in the US like five dand I remember there throwaway one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Now how expensive a VHS video cassette record player was because we had a beta. We couldn't afford the VHS. We had the beta, okay, and it was a piece of gard It would suck because you would go to Blockbuster to pick up a video, right, and you'd have this whole entire store of VHS tapes in this one tiny aisle of beta.
Speaker 1: You go in the pores room proom, but don't go in the other room. That's for the adults.
Speaker 2: But that's funny, right, because eventually everyone could afford a VHS and it was like nothing. I mean, that's how everything is everything that yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And so this is how and and specifically this is how travel ends up blowing up. Like there's so many historical references and I'm gonna have to just go to the you know, the brink of aviation. You know, traveling on a ship, a good ship was not something that poor people were doing. And and then you know, and then you got you got larger ocean like they would commission ships. I'm seriously going back to like Columbus kind of stuff. They would commission ships. That's that's not cheap. You'd have to have your own. And then you know, they figured out how to uh, you know, build that, and eventually you got into these ocean liners that while they weren't cheap, they were affordable for people. And then they became so affordable that immigrants could put together everything they owned, which wasn't much, and head towards Ellis Island for a very nominal charge. And they were packed in there like cattle. But it was. It was in that burgeoning time when you know, you if you got enough numbers, you could you could expand it and expand it. And now, for like three hundred dollars, if you want to go down to Miami and get on a carnival cruise and uh and just hang out with just the worst trunk people you've ever seen for three days, you can do it. That's that's the thing you can do. That's insane. And then air travel remember, remember you start to see pictures I'm sure you have, and some of you might even remember it air travel in the fifties, sixties, especially like early sixties. Or they're all sitting there in suits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're putting on a suit for that thing.
Speaker 1: And and like some of the plane the seat layouts are like you know, everyone's got their legs crossed, they're all looking at each other. There's nine thousand stewardesses. They're serving you cocktails and straight you know, actual like cocktail or martini glasses. That wasn't you didn't have there's that was expensive. But eventually now you can go and you can go check in if you get one hundred dollars ticket at Frontier and then get charged ten dollars because your one bag's oversized and fifty for your other. And that's got it. Look at that innovation, man, that's where we are.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: No, Boston Paul, your input is not needed. Boston Paul's making dirty jokes in my email there anyway. Uh sorry, I ranted on that for a while. Don't worry. We got other stuff to get to. Like uh, oh, I will say this because I'm gonna we'll get into the audio here in the next segment. So, I guess Trump made a little joke about going to space, and now I see these idiots on Twitter. They're like, So you have people on the left who are like, yeah, he said he's gonna do it. He should, he needs to do it. He cracks some joke. I didn't even hear the joke. But whatever, I saw people debating this yesterday, and it was far more interesting than watching all of you debate each other over real ID all weekend, which ruined my Twitter timeline. But whatever, Ross, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You see some of that. Yeah, from what I gather, right, you have to get the real ID. If you keep it real. Is that how it works? Oh, I'm keeping it real? But what happens when keeping it real goes wrong? Is that? Wow, that's a that's a good question. Casey, Yeah, have you ever thought of that? You should make They should make a documentary about it? Nerd just one. Yeah, maybe like an ongoing series.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, yeah, I want to keep it updated. So so anyway, and and and then so the left like, yeah, I shoot him into space, Like I actually understand their motivation. But then I saw people there clary Trump fans like yeah, you should go to space, like he drove a garbage truck and he he serve McDonald's fries. And I'm like, we're not going to shoot the eighty year old president into space, okay. And and by the way, it's it's not to say that an eighty year old can't go to space. Wasn't buzz older in eighty when he went up? William shatter was what how old is William Shatner when he went up?
Speaker 2: But ninety or something?
Speaker 1: Right, So I'm not doubting that Trump could physically, but he's the president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Plus he those elon musks. So first what they would do is they would put him in some sort of mech suit or something. They'd put his brain into the cyborg suit and then they launched him into space. Right, that's what they would do.
Speaker 1: What that was a movie I watched not that long ago. But whatever, No, they're not going to do that. That's not a thing. We're also we're not going to shoot the president in the space. Okay, they don't let the dude drive. I know you're not allowed to drive, but here strap yourself to this bomb essentially. And by the way, I also don't trust some moonbat not to pull a wire. And I mean that, I don't even care if it's Elon's company. There's just so many people, so many people, And I remember what happened to Jody Foster movie Contact, Right, all takes is one lunatic who saw God and thinks he is God. Look at that full circle. We'll be right back. Boys. You miss out because it turned into this at one point, this crazy tag team match on Caitlin Collins, which she earns every bit of it. And it's over the narrative of this guy who they're like this Maryland Father. Sorry, this is how they frame it. Maryland Father accidentally deported to this prison in El Salvador. Okay, A couple things. One, he's not a Maryland father. He's a citizen of El Salvador who came to the country illegally, has not one but two findings of being MS thirteen. But even if not MS thirteen, if you want to hold onto that, he also has had deportation orders. And of course Collins is gonna beat on this dead horse. So they did like a round robin to her. It was Bondie, it was Rubio, it was Steven Miller, and and Trump himself. However, the most and I'll get back to the other thing, but the most thorough takedown was actually Bouquel the Salvador, and I want you to consider it from his perspective. And frankly, I don't know what these did, these judges think they're gonna do. Send rambo in listen to this on this.
Speaker 5: Do you plan to return him?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I suppose I suggested that I smuggle with terroristed today the United States?
Speaker 1: How can I return him today?
Speaker 4: And that it's just like I smuggle him into the United States or whether you.
Speaker 3: Of course I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: It's like, let mean, the questions for busters, how can.
Speaker 9: I smuggle the terrorists today?
Speaker 1: United States.
Speaker 9: I don't have the power to return him to the United States inside of Hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm not releasing I mean, we're not very fond of releasing terrorists into our country.
Speaker 2: We just turned the murder capital of the world to the citius country of the Western hemisphere. And he want us to go back and to the releasing criminals so he can go back to being the murder capital of the world.
Speaker 1: That's that's not going to be. But they'd love to have a criminal, you know, I mean, I mean there's that's a fasting.
Speaker 2: They would love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sick.
Speaker 9: These are sick people, all right.
Speaker 1: So and he's right, he's a thousand percent right. What do you you What you're asking him to do is he has two choices. One is to smuggle him into the US. I know that they'd say. Another choice is to hand him over the US. But we only have we only do that when we are when we have some sort of extradition, international extradition, or under a narco. There's a narco exception, which if you remember, we've used with El Chapo, we used it on the Columbian drug cartels. This is none of those things. So you're asking Bukeul there to smuggle him into the I guess, or fly him in, which wouldn't be legal, that would be a problem, or to release him into the interior of El Salvador. And if Bouqul and his government also believe he's MS thirteen, why would they do that? And so would that soothe Caitlin Collins that another head of a state that she has no pullover follows her demands to go ahead and release this guy into the interior. That's insane and that's honestly, that's all. That's all you need. That's why this judge, And yes, I understand the Supreme Court kind of upheld it, but what they upheld is an order that if they were going to do it, then they need to abide by it. But if Bouquel's not going to do anything, because his position seems pretty clear, then the then even what the little side ruling from the Supreme Court, it wasn't a full panel, it doesn't rigor into what they say has to be done. So this is the issue is done. It's there's no there's no there's where, there's nowhere else to go. And yet obviously they're still going to dwell upon it Now, that wasn't it? Because depending on where you were watching the the whole press conference yesterday in the White House when they started in on Caitlin Collins. Is it only tuesday? Oh? Man, boo hate that? Oh well, or no, excuse me, not tuesday. My brain's not working, is it? Is it only Tuesday? It's I should say, is it only Thursday? And then you know, possibly we can get out of here a little early because I was just looking at it. Ross. We don't have we don't have vacation until well, I mean we have vacation, but we don't have like a company holiday forever. Oh this time of the year, man, Ross, and I do have a coming up my long about way of reminding you why I got my calendar to stay open. Thank you. We will be off the week of the fifth through the ninth. We'll be training to go to space or something. I can't remember, is that what it was? Ross? You guys are you're doing space training?
Speaker 2: I know they're putting us in one of those tourney chairs that you've seen in all the movies. Yeah chair and like flips around.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well you're trying to Yeah, So we're going to be in that chair for a week straight, passing out over and over again. Yeah, that's the commitment there, man, that's what you gotta do. So you know, put that on your calendars to freak out and pretend like I never told you. Okay, all right, very very good. So I was mentioning in the in the oval office yesterday it just turned into it. You know what it was. It was like it was like a wrestling match between two people and all of a sudden, the referee gets distracted and like three other nWo guys run in and then you know, beat them with a chair for a while on.
Speaker 2: The run out.
Speaker 1: That's what was happening with Kaitlyn Collins yesterday. But she really brought it on herself. And I played the audio from the president of El Salvador is like, you're telling me that I need to deport I need to smuggle one of my own citizens into your country. No thanks, not going to do it. That's my it's my citizen. Who the hell are you, Caitlin Collins from CNN. But if you watched it on CNN or if you watch it on Fox, you've got two different experiences for really the rest of it. So let me play out just a snippet of what happened. Here's about a minute of it. This is on the Fox broadcast. O.
Speaker 9: What they've done to us at the border should never and can never be forgotten. It's a sin what they did, and you are helping us out and we appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Prince.
Speaker 9: Actually, what you're doing with the border is remarkable as drug what ninety five percent? It's murder as this morning, nine ninety nine point to be exact.
Speaker 1: Why are those.
Speaker 9: Numbers not on the media, Well, they get out with the fake news.
Speaker 1: You know, CNN over.
Speaker 9: Here doesn't want to put them out because they don't like they don't like putting out good numbers. They only like putting out because I think they hate our country.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, but it's a shame.
Speaker 9: You're right, isn't that a great question?
Speaker 1: Why doesn't the media?
Speaker 9: Why don't they put out numbers?
Speaker 5: It's crazy, right, we're doing right?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, you think that's not remarkable unless you're unless you're the executive producer of whoever's running the broadcast on CNN. And let's hear hell out.
Speaker 4: We have been listening to a lengthy live dose they cut out conference inside the Oval office with the leader of El Salvador bu where we have heard a lot of uh it's of information, a lot of news nuggets that we want to definitely focus on a lot.
Speaker 1: By the way, can you hear it dripping in her voice, how not pleased she is with what she just heard, because remember you can tell they cut away because she doesn't really know what to say. She has no idea what to say. She's just a rambling fool, all right, which, by the way, I'm actually I'm surprised because it's something you learn to do. You guys have no idea how many times I'm going to go cut to Ray or I go to cut to a guest or a phone thing, and then in my ear while I'm still talking, Ross is telling me things and you have to just be able to roll with it. So it's actually like, how can you not do that?
Speaker 2: Just roll with it?
Speaker 1: Were you know?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you're not giving yourself enough credit because it is a talent to do it. I wouldn't be able to do it if I was CNN level. If you work at you're at that point you should know how to Yeah, because.
Speaker 1: TV people are getting cues in their ears A lot more than I.
Speaker 2: Am, right, because I would be like, yeah, I raised not there, you know what I mean? Like I would be.
Speaker 1: Oh man, all right. So anyway, so it's just dripping in her voice.
Speaker 4: But listen to this of some misinformation as well. But we want to digest all of this right now with our terrific panel here and our reporters. Jeff Zelliny, I want to start with you, you are at the White House. Before I get to you, I just want to say, for the record, since we heard President Trump say in the Oval Office that CNN hates our country, CNN does not hate our country, that all really should go without saying.
Speaker 1: IM sorry, are you? Are you the spokesperson for CNN, because I also work for a big media company and one of the things that they beat into us during training ross do you remember this where we don't speak on behalf of our company? Right, They're very clear you do not speak on behalf of the company. You speak maybe on behalf of yourself, and it needs to be within the bounds of your job, but you don't speak on behalf of the company. And frankly, that's a standard employment agreement thing for just about everywhere. So this Cnnacre, did you run around and do a poll? Real quick? Do you ask everybody at CNN if they hate America? I don't believe you did. You are fake news.
Speaker 4: Continues, and I see a rhetorical device in him trying to say such a thing.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, So CNN's mad because you because there is an interpretation of one's actions or words that you then use to draw a conclusion or that Trump did, because that's literally what you guys do every day, and the way that you do it is what Trump is in fact critiquing. But also, you know what, if you gave me vibes of it, gave me vibes of like high school bully stuff. It like where you know some it's like a group of students is picking on another students. They they start a rumor going like, oh, you won't believe it pooped himself a gym class. And then now you're that dude, right, and eventually you got to go out and you got to like, I didn't poop, I didn't do that, right, And then it's all like and that was the goal to get you to do it, because now you're explaining, which means you're losing. Dude, we had we had a kid in school. He was two grades ahead of me, So I had no part in this naming that poor son. His name was Morgan and everyone called him big m Little Organ. Well not everyone. He was a senior when I was a sophomore. But like, that's what that poor son of it. And he would try to explain a lot which was really weird. And that's what that's the vibe I was getting right there. Man, So you got absolutely bodied in the oval office. Uh, you got bodied by a dude in his third language. That's crazy, that's crazy. He took you apart. I didn't have I didn't have to interpret that. I didn't have to find somebody interpreting that. He took you apart in this third language, going away to say your numbers. Suga was in the media do it, which is really really funny because from an outside perspective looking in, and if you just threw it to somebody who really didn't have a in the fight, that's a very fair question, like why would they go from insanity to ninety nine percent better? And nobody would report it? That's what that's what. That's what an outside looking in person who could honestly be an arbiter and didn't really have a skin in the game. Although I understand that Buckell and Trump seem to have a relationship.
Speaker 8: But.
Speaker 1: Like that's a logical question, and that's where we find ourselves. Also we find ourselves with this is a mixed bag here. So, uh, remember publisher's Clearinghouse. I know you're all still waiting to win it, very excited. Well not anymore, apparently a business bottle of just giving away millions of dollars, not a long term thing. But also the part where you know, magazines aren't really a thing anymore. They have announced that they will file for bankruptcy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is karma or for disavowing Ed McMahon. Oh, here we go, all right, explain this, Okay, it's a it's a it's a famous Mendela effect where when I was a kid, he'd publish his clearinghouse and their spokesperson was Ed McMahon, absolutely, and they would show him on TV and he would show but your door with a giant check in the balloons and his face was on the envelope. His face, the imprint of his face was on the envelope. And apparently they say that never happened. He was never part of Publisher's Clearinghouse, had nothing to do with it. Was never on the envelope. Bull crap. I must be from a different universe at some point I transferred over to this universe. And that makes it a Mendel effect because they say that was never it never happened.
Speaker 1: What were we seeing him on TV all day for? That?
Speaker 2: Was it never happened?
Speaker 1: Oh? He was just on Johnny Carson, which I didn't watch because I was too young, So I should have no memory. You and I should have no memory of it.
Speaker 2: Right, It's completely insane because that happened, right he was He was on the envelope, dude, and I saw a video of a person.
Speaker 1: It was some TikTok or something that somebody's claiming that that's it.
Speaker 2: No, that is a thing. Google it. He never had anything to do with Publisher's Clearinghouse. I'm not joking. There has to be a lot of people right now going you're out of your mind. He was part of it. If you look it up, apparently we're all crazy, all right?
Speaker 1: Hold on, Oh, he was a competitor for American Family Publishers, not Publishers Clearinghouse. According to yes, Yeah, I don't believe it. No, it was publisher's clear published, I know. Shut up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you're wrong. It had nothing to do with it. He was never on your porch holding a giant check with balloon.
Speaker 1: You know, it's tough growing up on a ranch because you realize they're never even if they were, like we did win, they're like, I'm not driving all the.
Speaker 2: Way out there. There's a video I saw though, it's from some you know, TikTok account that was retweeted on Twitter x. Yeah, and they were saying, you know, why does gen X have such a problem with authority and people in control? And you might think, oh, it's covid h. You might think it's you know, the stuff we've seen in the government. But what it really comes down to is we were all raised, we all saw ed mcmahonon the envelope, and now you're trying to tell us it never happens, So we don't believe you about anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that's that's absolutely one hundred percent fair. Although here's the duality of this of this update though, and I guess you know what, maybe it's a good thing. I was gonna say. The bad thing is you're never gonna you're never gonna win the publisher's clearinghouse anymore. So if that was your dream, you will not achieve it, I'm sorry to say. The other thing is, now there's no reason to answer your door when.
Speaker 2: Somebody knocks on it, not at all.
Speaker 1: That was the only that literally was the last reason, right because now if somebody knocks on your door, who's who's there?
Speaker 2: Joseph witness the Mormons.
Speaker 1: Somebody that you wanted to tell you something could be religious and maybe they want change for quarters or whatever. Do you want change or oh, no, five dollars in quarters, just one at five dollar quarters? Could be that person could be your kid's annoying friend. You're not answering the door, and you don't even have and here's the deal, and you go, well, what about food delivery? They'll leave it right at your door, So technically it's not answering because you wait for them to go away. Because if you break, if you make eye contact, your food doesn't taste as good. I know you guys know this. Yeah, it's science. I tested this during COVID. So if you never see the delivery person, food's awesome. If you guys make even brief eye contact, it just SAPs the flavor. So no reason to answer your door ever. Again, absolutely amazing. So that is I guess the one upside all right, seven nineteen Hang on the guy in custody, Cody Balmer's name, who allegedly bombed firebomb the governor's mansion up in Pennsylvania. We talked a lot about I'm not going to get into all the details, but they were giving him the old purp walk right, and she's you know, flank with Trooper's handcuffed, and he's making like he's sticking his tongue out and stuff and making weird faces. Although he has quite an interesting look, and I couldn't put my finger on it. And then I realized what the dude looks like. He looks like one of the bad guy the bad cowboys in a western, but not a high ranking bad one, so like one who you know, the man with no name is probably gonna shoot within a moment, very early on in the gun.
Speaker 2: Fight, like they kind they pull out of an outhouse.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Yeah, he just got pulled out of an outhouse, never stood a chance. Yeah, that's exactly what this dude looks like. He looks like one of the dudes who was in the in the in the house playing poker there in Big Whiskey while his other dude was getting murdered in the outhouse. So he runs out and gets himself murdered because they shouldn't have cut up that whore. So yeah, yeah, it was a very interesting look there, all right. So and I am seeing reporting and of course we're we're already into this where we're playing the what's his politics game? I I I don't know. I still I don't know that we have a full handle on it. I think some people are finding where he was doing some socialism stuff. I think the dude just hates government man, and he has particular beef against the Pennsylvania government. So I guess, I guess we'll see when more information came out. I'm not a fan of Trump. There's he's tweeting pictures or posting pictures on Twitter of himself with f Trump and uh and he's got he posted like what do you what's the thing where you needle point right where you so into like a circular thing to make a picture. It says, be the light you want to see in the world. It's a picture of a Molotov cocktail, So there you go. Obviously he wants to see it burned down. We just still don't know all the reasons why. But yeah, I did think the purp Wlalk thing was pretty interesting. In fact, it was my though. It was the second most interesting purplok I saw the most interesting happened here in North Carolina. I'm gonna explain that to you. Coming up in just a moment, real quick. Phone called David, What up? What's going on? Good morning? Good morning?
Speaker 5: Kay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the lady, well, I will want to go back to the published clearing house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all the people that got their money every month or once a year, there'd be out.
Speaker 1: No, they these are annuities. They buy annuities, and it's a whole thing. They're gonna be fine as long as the insurance companies there.
Speaker 5: Oh they're gonna be fine.
Speaker 2: Okay, then it ain't me though, let me tell you that.
Speaker 1: And I mentioned purp Walk. And of course the guy who was accused of fire bombing the governor's mansion in Pennsylvania looks like a bad outlaw in a Western That was one of them. But the one that I think is great is local. So maybe you heard this story. I did to hear Kyle had this in news, yes, yesterday he mentioned it. But you had you had two men connected with an attempted murder of a deputy in Franklin County. So here here, let me give you that. Let me explain kind of what happened. Okay, specifically, so the deputy is, why didn't that didn't pop out there? Okay?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: So anyway, I believe that it was marijuana possession, possession of cocaine, felony, fleeen arrests by car, and resisting a public officer. All right, So that's uh, We're just looking at some the charges here. But the gist is this, the deputy is attempting to, I guess, do something with them. I'm not sure what the initial rest was, but at some point one of the criminals is alleged to have attempted to kill the deputy by shooting into his vehicle which he was in. Thankfully he didn't hit the deputy. But what's crazy? And actually I don't know why I got to clip off my thing there. Hang on, hang on, sorry, I did not realize that till just now. But let me go go because I have it right here. Sorry, sorry, very unprofessional. But Ross and I were talking string theory during the break, so I was it was a booboo not making sure I had.
Speaker 2: My thing here.
Speaker 1: In case you're wondering what we talked about during the breakes, man.
Speaker 2: Do do do?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Here we go. This is This is the description from Sheriff Kevin White, who is the sheriff there in Franklin County. All right, so the the deputy's name is Spleeze. I hope I'm pronouncing that correctly. And here's what happens. So on Saturday morning, two individuals tried to kill him, firing multiple rounds at his squad car. So he didn't get hit, and that's great. What do you think he did? Do you think he went, oh all right? You know everyone showed up like, oh this is crazy, all right, sit this one out, go ahead. Yeah, you've had a long day. Somebody's been shooting at you. Its is very We're gonna we're gonna send the other the rest of them ount and hopefully they catch the guys. No, that's not what happened. That was good enough for Deputy Spleeze or Sheriff White there. So, according to White, Spleeze then spent the entire rest of the day leading the man hunt to capture both of them. And there's this great photo of dirt bag dirt Bag number one being let out of literally you can see he's like run into the woods, I guess. And and here is the deputy who got shot at just hours earlier, who got his man, and it was just just like a dog with a bone. Man, he wasn't gonna let it go. That's pretty badass man. And then I saw and then I saw people commenting on the r L part of it, and like, I don't you know, this is the problem. He's not in the right frame of mind. If you send him to go, you know, arrest these guys, he's he's gonna be angry because they shot at him. He's gonna murder him. You know, well maybe you would, because you don't know how to you know, exert control keep your head in certain situations. This guy is uh, I believe marine as well. I want to make sure I have the correct branch here, like a million I don't. I don't know if I have it in front of me. But the dude, you know, dudes serve time in the military, and partly you know, transferred then into uh working in law enforcement, which is not unusual. But like, he obviously kept his head about him because he didn't go just run down and shoot the guy.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: This isn't like when Boston Paul was around Boston. You shoot a cop, you're as good as dead kind of stuff, right, you see in the movies back in the day. No, No, he went in there. He clearly led an effective man hunt, and he and the rest of his colleagues apprehended these two. And they're gonna go and they'll face you know, they'll face a justice system. And if in fact they did attempt to murder this officer and it's proved beyond a reasonable doubt, I hope they never get out of prison.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're willing to murder somebody and you have all the rest of this stuff stacked on, I don't want to see stuff laying there. So hit him with the top attempted murder charge, hit him with the drug charges. If in fact that's what it is, you don't get to do that. That is a conscious decision to fire into a squad car. So kudos to this deputy for being like I you know, no, no, no, I'll handle this. I got this and actually gotting it apparently. In fact, I retweeted out I'm gonna retweet just the sheriff's thing again. So it's right at the top you can see the picture of him being let out of the woods there by the deputy who got his men. I should say, wait, can I say men? Ross? Or am I going to get corrected by that astronaut check? That'd be very careful? All right, hold on there, All right, yes, Tyler, what's up?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, I was just calling in.
Speaker 3: I was on Molten Road where they found those guys. My uncle lived like right there in the area where they picked the the suspects. Up at that day when I was coming off that road, all of that was unfolding, and that was the largest police presence I've ever seen in our county. So tudos to all the guys here in Franklin County and the surrounding areas that all pulled together to keep everyone safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally, Like, if there's two ways to get all the police there, one if somebody decided they were gonna shoot at or god forbid, actually kill a police officer, it tends to amp up the rest of their colleagues and uh, chicks fighting at spring Break. You'll get a lot of cops there for that. Man, I want to keep.
Speaker 3: Everywhere probably not probably not hard to get them to show up for that.
Speaker 1: I want to keep it. That. That is their thanks for have called. That's their commitment to ever tell that story about Daytona. When I was down at Daytona Beach, it was it was not as spring Breaker was right on the edge of it. And there's uh it's down by where the w Hotel is. I can't remember the name of this bar, but it's just across the highway from literal Daytona Beach. There it seemed like a I don't know, it's a weird three story business center. So but if you sit up on the upper balcony, you see you can watch everything. And these there was like these these girls that got into this fight and everyone like hair pulling, bikini tops were getting ripped, and every bicycle cop in Daytona Beach showed up to keep the public safe. Good on them, but uh yeah, those would be the two. All right, check this out, Hey, you want some science That CBS then had to woke up. So here we go. Researchers have located, for the first time in Guatemala, an ancient Mayan child sacrifice altar that was part of what was now thought to be a very metropolitan, very weighty toity kind of place where people from all different cultures would come to, I guess watch children get sacrificed and trade goods. And it's they've been uncovering this for a year and a half, but it's really every This thing is really impressive, and it actually has a carving of one of the known or the previously unknown Mayan gods that is a secondary storm gods. They're all geeking out over this thing, which is very cool. So that should be the story, right, Well, no, you'd be wrong because if you scroll through the CBS news article, they ignore the archaeologists who led the discovery after the first two paragraphs, who are you know, nerding out as I said, And then they decide to bring on another one, an archae on other archaeologist. Her name is Maria Blaine Mendez, who is a kind of woke archaeologist, which is exactly what CBS wanted because she then says the following thing. Okay, we see how the issue of sacrifice exists in both cultures. So what she's talking about, she's talking about up in Mexico, that part of the of you know, what you had up there, and then of course what you have now down in Guatemala. So she's looking at comparing, contrasting some other known stuff of the Mayan between three hundred and five hundred a d. And then she says this, it was a practice. It's not that they were violent. It was their way of connecting with the celestial bodies.
Speaker 2: Right, they have to defend it in some way, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, you can call it violent. I don't know if you guys know this. The further you go back into history, kind of the more violent things were ross any you're reading the Old Testament right now, any hints of violence in their.
Speaker 2: There is a bit, yes, Okay, But I saw this on Twitter yesterday, like people in the comments trying to defend this, and they're trying to like step away from it, like oh, you know there was this reason or that reason, and it's like, well no, I mean, they were sacrificing children for the climate. Really, when you think about it, it was right, we want good crops, So you know, it's to bring up little Bobby on the altar here and so kind of what they're doing now, Well, yeah, you need to sacrifice a lot for climate change. It's the exact same thing. Well not really. Yeah, it's a little different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like, no, oh, well, they weren't violent because they just if they just thought that they had to do it, does that count because that's that's literally the worst excuse. Hitler just thought he had to reunite the Rhineland. You want to go down this road, give me a break. But yeah, no, they I just think it's funny. They had to drag in like an outside person so they could get the woke taken there and we could have dumb arguments like this anyway, raced agic from the weather Channel. You see yuh all right?
Speaker 2: Not on the phone today.
Speaker 1: That's what I like to see.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, normal, normal, back to normal.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's not going to be normal. Yesterday wasn't normal. Yesterday was June. What are you doing, man? June?
Speaker 2: Not likee June.
Speaker 1: But I go like later May, yeah, late May. Yeah, no no argument there. It's gonna get a little fouled up for a few days. Allergies are awful today. Oh yeah, Ross is just awful to men. Well, they it was they. They targeted him because not only is there you know, all of that, but they had freshly mowed the like the grass in this I sneezed.
Speaker 2: On the way to work probably thirty forty times in the car, and at one point I'm driving down this road and it's just all like cut grass, and I'm like, od, it's.
Speaker 1: Towards Yeah, hey, by the way, real quick, I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to Yes, let me just say this, but I know a bunch of people anna call in. Yes, I understand the abortion reference to the the Guatemalan thing. So now it's been said, yes, I do understand that. So if you don't think that's finely don't think all right anyway, I'm sorry. I just I just saw all my calls blowing up, and I know they only make the same point. So all right, let's make a weather point, and better make it a good one or you know else.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, today probably the worst of the next five seven days. Those June temperatures will come back after We're more seasonable for the rest of the week until Friday, maybe a little relief with a shower trying to pass through noontime into the early afternoon hours, but really not gonna be much rain, and those showers associated with a front, so with gusty wins. As the front gets in, we're in the upper sixties low seventy today, the winds a gust twenty five plus a little cooler tonight, load to mid forties, clear, and then sun mid upper sixties tomorrow with a stiff west wind, so you know, temperature is a little bit below normal, and then tomorrow night we'll be in the upper thirties to low forties, and then we'll start a nice recovery as we're close to seventy Thursday, closer to eighty by Friday, and the weekend looking pretty good right now, Load to mid eighties mostly Sunday, Saturday, Easter Sunday partly sunny. So early today, which isn't really going to be all that bad. It's probably going to be the worst of it. The only shower mentioned. After that, we get a big bridge high pressure're gonna park off the east coast and kind of dominate our weather for several days near season will temperature some cool mornings, pleasant afternoons un till about Friday, then we'll start warming up right now, a nice sunny to partly sunny, warm and dry Easter weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that's it better be, because then you never had the kids have to do it. It's a little rainy out and that's what egg hunts and they get all dirty. Yeah, by the way, did you ever put well, you know what, I'll approach you with this in the next hour because I was going to start this. Let's see, I'll explain it then. But thank you, Ray, appreciate it. Correct, All right, there you go.
Speaker 2: Race agent from the Weather Channel.
Speaker 1: We were talking. It was funny Ross. We were talking about the Mandela effect and it's just popped into my brain. And it's not a Mandela effect thing. It's just you ever do something in your community growing up, or the way that you did something, and you just assumed everyone did it that way, and then once you'd leave, you realize you're the only ones who do it that way. I'm not doing a good job of describing, but this will make sense in just a moment on case O Day radio program. Just assume this is how everyone did the Easter for the kids, right, Although there were some we did have some family friends who are very religious and they would not do anything but the religious component. But you know, we did. Yeah, four kids, I think my mom just want us to shut up. So so, you know, they would conduct an Easter egg hunt and most the time to do it there sometimes the cousins come over whatever, so it would grow. But so we do the Easter egg hunt. And I thought the way that my family did it was just normal because that's how I kind of knew all the rest of the families did it. Imagine my surprise when I learned later in life that most families didn't just use actual hard boiled eggs with one exception. So everything was a hard boiled egg with the you know that was colored, and then there'd be one that she had one golden plastic egg and inside would be like ten dollars, so there was only one of those. And then I, you know, I leave the little cocoon that is, you know, growing up, get out in the real world, talking to buddies at college, and like, no, man, what do you mean you put actual eggs out there? Is that even healthy?
Speaker 2: We had the same experience growing up in New York. We would use real eggs the night before or the day before you a few days before we would die them and color them. And then those were the eggs that were hidden to find. And it wasn't later on until I started hanging out with Markey's family when we started dating, and there was at Easter and she they were using plastic eggs, and the plastic eggs had money and and gifts inside them, and it completely blew my mind. I was like, I was cheated as a child. Not only that, but the eggs were hidden outside because growing up in the city, our eggs, the real eggs. We didn't not even a gold egg with some money inside. It just all go real eggs. They were hidden in the flat because we didn't even have a real house. We had a flat in the city.
Speaker 1: Well, I want I want to point out too that you didn't get to keep the money. I left that part out in mind.
Speaker 2: Oh we attacks, No, you tithed it, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so when you went to when you went to Mass for Easter Sunday, you had to put it in there, which, by the way, is not an easy thing to do as a kid.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's a pretty sacrifice for a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but let me tell you, it created a mindset where me and my siblings. Even though we knew that's where it was going, we still wanted to be the one to do it and rolling here on our number three. So yeah, So, so we were just talking about So Ross has explained this to me. I don't have kids, so I have I have not kept up with where Easter egg hunts have gone. How have they morphed into a prize package from the Wheel of Fortune?
Speaker 2: Oh, you're talking about the easter baskets these?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, the Easter baskets which in my day had and you correct me if it's different for you.
Speaker 2: You would have the.
Speaker 1: Basket and then you would have the you know, the fake grass stuff that would get everywhere, and like if it did get everywhere, we'd get in trouble. And then it would have a lot of little the tiny chocolate eggs. I would get the reeses because I like chocolate less, but I like the peanut butter more, and you know, just and then it might be candy corn in there for those of you who like candy corn. And but that's what it was. I mean, you were it was probably like two dollars worth of candy. You're not breaking them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was still amazing because you would get out.
Speaker 1: Oh it was great. I'm not down in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No. When I was a kid, once again, we had real eggs and we would hide the eggs in our flat. We didn't go outside because you can't hide an egg by what outside by the fire hydrant or something, and we didn't really have a backyard. It was very time.
Speaker 1: The crackheads would steal it, right exactly.
Speaker 2: They'd pawn them or whatever, especially eggs nowadays because they're super expensive, so you can't do that.
Speaker 1: Point.
Speaker 2: But no, and the easter Easter basket was a basket full of candy with a chocolate bunny. That's what you would get. And now nowadays kids get like presents and stuff in their baskets. It's like I woke up and there was an iPhone in my basket, or there was what do you need an iPhone for a box? Or there was a video game or there was yeah that's a thing. Now how did that work?
Speaker 1: Like all right, so you will never you will not have to suffer eternal damnation, and you need an xbox? Like how many gifts do you need this weekend?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know I saw somebody. I think it was like a family friend or something a few years ago where they woke up and there was like a bike in front of the easter basket.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know when that happened, but that's definitely the thing that happened. I escalated that.
Speaker 1: So do you do you do you do an Easter egg hunt with Lincoln around the house.
Speaker 2: We do do it. And because we have know, we have a bigger yard they had when I was a kid. You know, when when you when you get in in a good relationship, or you know, you get in a marriage, you have your traditions from your family side and your spouse's side, and you sort of you can either go with one or the other or compromise. So sure and listen. When I first started, like I said, hanging out with Marky's family and realized that their traditions were so much different than ours. They didn't use real eggs. They had property outside they would hide the eggs outside. That makes complete sense to me, if you have the property and your you live in the country, whatever. But also they had the plastic eggs that they would put little candies in, put money like they took money in their eggs, And I remember thinking, man, I was like robbed as a kid, and you realize it's it's kind of like a class thing, like we couldn't afford the plastic money eggs. So yeah, we get the plastic eggs and we put little stickers and stuff inside them, and we hide them outside. They're they're all outside.
Speaker 1: But do you put hard boiled eggs too?
Speaker 2: We do not, Okay, because because because I eat them all and they won't last in the house.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, so they won't make it out there.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is just one of those things. I was just thinking it was so funny because it was such a shock to me. And you're right, it was probably a class thing because remember most of the people were telling me about how they were doing it, were you know, Southern California kids, I mean.
Speaker 2: Or it's a generational thing. Maybe somewhere like the easter baskets evolved, maybe the real eggs evolved into the plastic eggs. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, when I was well do, when I was very little, we used to have to reach into the chicken and get them ourselves. Oh well, yeah, so that that farm ranch living will do for you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You got to sit there, you got to sit there in like a gilly suit and wait for the hen to lay, then snatch it before your siblings. It was very competitive. So all right, Well, I'm glad I wasn't alone on that because I just thought, for a moment, maybe it was just an an agricultural kid thing, right, because you know, most most of us had chickens and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So you know, they've been trying to evolve Saint Patti's Day for a while. I know that's been a thing, and and Lincoln said it once or twice and we just stopped that imdiately. He's like, what is the leprechaun bringing me today the tomorrow? Or like he's never gonna Yeah, I'm like, this is never gonna happen in this house. What if he brings a bottle of jamison? You got to watch out, man.
Speaker 1: You haven't seen the drunk Eleprechaun on the weather forecast thing. We talked about this extensively. What do you think that guy's bringing you an STD? Probably you know there's some patties that's not a good So they're trying to make that No, you can't have the adult holiday. I'm sorry, what are they doing for Cinco to Mayo. You getting your kid a rodeo bull or a matador's outfit. I mean, hey, you don't want the other kids to think he's poor, So you got to go in this jout. What'd you get for? What'd you get for for sinking to Miyou I got to gore a bull in a matador's outfit was amazing, by the way, singing to Mayo. Uh, let me just give you some predictions here because we have this story. Uh, the city of Chicago has canceled this year's sink Go to Mayo. I predicted this going back to Saint Patrick's day when I was doing my annual making a point that you could never have an obviously drunk cartoon mascot helping you do weather. You hear the weather forecast. In the holidays, they have little graphics. They always have this Leprechaun. It looks like he's been drinking for two days straight. And then Sinko to Mayo. You could never have like a drunk dude in a sombrero taking a siesta. Right, everyone can lose their minds. But then I pointed out, what Trump doing the deportations this they're probably going to cancel Sinco to Mayo. I was tongue in cheek. It was a throwaway joke in another conversation, and yet here we are. Yes, the City of Chicago. Organizers say immigration policies from Trump administration are creating fear in the Mexican community, and canceling the event put safety over profit. All right. Two things. One, go to any bar that's having a Sinko to myol party this weekend, or maybe you go for the crew from work on Friday or something whatever.
Speaker 2: Go in there.
Speaker 1: When is actually when, actually is Cinco de Mayo this year? Hang on what day of the week. It's a Monday? Oh man, look at that. You guys got an excuse to drink on a Monday? Oh good? And I avoid the nerd holidays. It's on Sunday.
Speaker 2: That's bonus.
Speaker 1: So go there. And it's nothing but drunk white college kids, I mean, and like office goers. And that's okay whatever. I don't begrudge you that. But it's not like the only people showed up for a Sinko to Mayo thing, which most people don't even recognize what it is. They think it's Mexican Independence Day and not a battle thing. And whatever, that's fine. We pride ourselves in not knowing things. Have you seen how many don't even know what the Holocaust was? I mean we're doomed historically with some of the teaching. That being said, there's plenty of people are still gonna go out wear a sombrero or not because you know they're woke. But they're gonna drink too much. They're gonna come in on Tuesday. They're gonna be relatively unproductive. It's just the way of things. However, I do have one additional theory because I would do it if I was one of these moon bat woke protesters. I think you're going to see people protesting people having fun on Sinco Tomiel, Right, So if you do have like a big gathering, like they had a huge Sinko to Mio thing that they do in Santa Barbara every year, and it would take over like parts of State Street. So if you want to say this is cultural appropriation while while their history is being a race by this evil Trump administration, I promise you we're going to see some videos of Sinco to Mio party going, you know, Frat Bros or whatever, and then some other woke pain in the ass kid they go to school with, who's got it all figured out, glues himself to stuff out there, going, how dare you celebrate this while the world's burning with Trump in the office. It's going to happen. It may not happen right here, but I bet it happens near a college campus near probably, I don't know, Maybe I think California is a good bet. I'm just trying to think of really the hyper focus New York right anywhere you're gonna have an these big celebrations. Man, they're gonna be out there, and ironically, they'll probably end up protesting people who are of actual Mexican heritage who are legally here, which is not who anybody has a problem with. And you know it'll turn into yet another example of some woke white chick yelling at a person of color over appropriating their own culture. And I can't wait for it. I'm super excited because you know, I love playing audio of really the dumbest among us speaking of the dumbest among us, Ford's chief learning officer, And I don't know what that is. What a bad time to be doing this right here. I'll share that story coming up here on the CaCO Day radio program. There has been another helicopter crash. Obviously, you've probably been following what happened up in New York. I see the conspiracy theorists can't tell the difference between a family photo and a news photo from two years ago, so they're now pretending that it's two different helicopters.
Speaker 2: Have fun.
Speaker 1: I guess that's how you spend your time on Twitter whatever. But you know, it's a pretty gnarly accident there, and talking about literally the rotor blade just shearing off.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I saw a video of a guy who's a helicopter flight instructor, and he was talking about some movements on the I can't remember what the secondary joysticks called.
Speaker 2: And it's not a joystick.
Speaker 1: I know you can get mad, but whatever that The the upper stick is that if you pitch it downward and you do it too abruptly, you can shear the rotors off of which makes sense, right the amount of force now you're putting up onto those things. And I don't know if that's what happened, but that is kind of what happened with this other one. This one happened in South Africa, though, and the question then becomes why would a pilot who knows what he's doing in a helicopter pitch the helicopter so aggressively downward so as to shear the rotor off the top. And the answer is the pilot didn't. According to investigators, the crash of this Sorry, my mike's a whistling today.
Speaker 2: This screen's in the wrong position. There we go.
Speaker 1: Apparently they figured out that the cause of the crash and what caused the the stick there to essentially do this movement and share the rotor is described as an unsecured penguin yep. According to officials, the chopper was transporting a penguin out to Bird Island or coming from so there's you know, you get penguins that obviously come up to the islands there and even come up to Southern Australia and South America and especially South Africa there, and so they were hauling up. But they just kind of put it in the cab and apparently it freaked out and it hit the Yeah, the controls pitched it down, tore the roader and of course they crashed. Now, it initially had been in a box but was sitting on the lap of one of the pilots, which is crazy to me. And they just busts out of its box and then goes willy nilly in there. How do you this is what I understand. How on God's green earth do you don't put that thing in something a little more substan It's in a cat carrier box, you know the like the cheap plastic box you would get when you when you get the replacement cat at the you know, the at the pound, because you actually ran over your kid's cats. You have to go find one that looks like it. And and so that box because it flipped out. I think everybody knows. Until you put an animal in a car a few times, you don't know what.
Speaker 2: It's gonna do.
Speaker 1: Some some cats, dogs, penguins probably I don't know, they're cool with it. You put them in a vehicle. There a lot of them. Just if they're chill, they just go to sleep. Or if dogs, they stick their head out their window to their eyeballs should be dry and they're just living loving life. Man, God forbid, they see a squirrel, you ever stuck and I'm sorry, they pick on cats. You ever stuck a cat in the car? Seeah, well, that goes Rozi ever had to transport one of your cats in a car? I did, Yes, how'd that go?
Speaker 2: Back? When I still had the minivan?
Speaker 1: Smooth sailing?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 2: Huh all over the place? Yeah, all over the place. Yeah, it was. I was like, well, I'm gonna die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's worse than a bee in your car. It is because of the b You're like, all right, maybe I get stuck once with a cat. You're like, you're gonna rip bib balls, aren't you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, So yeah, yeah, it's probably probably. I don't want to transport him like that right there. I feel bad because clearly it looks like they're trying to do a good thing there. But oh man, ty you got this is why you got to tie your penguins down. That's the rule. Man, trank the little guys.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, but uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a crazy You just don't ever hear accident assessments in the US like that, Oh what happened unsecured penguin like that? That you can make a band name out of that? Good for you, all right, let me pivot away from uh murderous penguins. I mean that's the other thing. What was going through that penguin's mind, right, maybe it's like this is what a what a what crazy life I live? I don't do anything, it's all always cold, it's hard to find fish. The other guys are just come by and push you in the water, which is something penguins will do to other penguins. He's like, I'm out of here, which is very unfortunate. All right, let's talk about this Ford guy real quick. So for this is interesting because obviously with everything going on with tariffs, and you know a lot of it, the discussion is around us not being able to sell vehicles into many markets without huge, huge tariffs, whereas every other car on the road in the US is seemingly a foreign vehicle clearly not with huge tariffs. Many of them are among the most affordable. So how did we get here? And how our company is going to respond? And you know, Ford Ford. One of the ways they're responding, and I think it's a very smart way for them to respond, is hey, remember us, we're Ford America. I think they actually have a new slogan. It's like from Americans for Americans, which is almost fu boo but close. And if you buy and and we manufacture the most here, and if you buy our vehicles, then you don't even have to worry about tariffs. And oh, by the way, we're going to do employee pricing. I saw they rolled that out for f one fifties, so that's a smart way to go. We're the company that didn't take bailouts. We're doing American pricing and our employee pricing. And if you're buying American manufactured here in America, you don't have to worry about any of the tariff insanity. That is the way to tackle it.