Speaker 1: I suppose I am. A matter of fact, the adventure I am good to late was one of the most gruesome experiences I ever hoped to.
Speaker 2: In the contest.
Speaker 1: I never think of it if I can help, or perhaps they're not tell it after.
Speaker 3: All wings up and news about come back to watch and they're not going back on as now the Cornish Horror or the adventure of the Devil's Foot, that was the main work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Devil's Foot. They were to make my time tingle with horror. Oh well, argue on it. It was the spring of the year eighteen ninety seven. Homes iron constitution has shown some signs of getting away due to a particularly arduous and nerve wreck in winter. In March of that year. Dr Moore Eger of harle is creaking positive injunctions that homes get out into the country with protected risks of the mords first.
Speaker 2: But I finally persuade him well.
Speaker 1: The third week in March found us to set over the small cottage near Port of Bay. The third of extremity of the Cornish pensus is that rather a bleak country for a convalescent doctor Watson Bleak is bringing mildly. Never known that grinning surrounding machine hose ever reature. Our little whitewashed house stood on the grassy headlands. From its windows we looked down upon the hose sinicter semicircle of Mount Bay, and that old desk wraps with its fringe of black clifts and surge sweat reefs on the landside of views a songbirds on the seat country of rolling moors, lonely and dun colors. In every direction there were traces of some vanished race which had left its soul records strange, and monuments of toes host that most of his time pattering round above these weird ruins. Well, everything was going along peastfully until one morning a simple and healthy route was violent into.
Speaker 2: Rutting, and we were precipitate.
Speaker 1: It is a midst of a series of bosom and nerve shattering of it.
Speaker 4: Quite a curse this morning, he watchn't you can see the spray run up against our windows. And we're a good one hundred feet above sea level. I don't think I shall venture out today in bad weather. The old boy is certainly lacking himself into.
Speaker 2: A fine friend. Raise, well, what means the old thought the devil?
Speaker 4: What the devil himself.
Speaker 1: What you're raving about?
Speaker 4: Didn't I tell you that the native hereabouts we heard to that seeving gets stepped down There is the devil's caldron. They think the old gentleman himself lives there. Nearly interesting two positions, you don't want. Some of this locality is supposed us in the last resort if several worship in England. And he's trying to believe that those used the historic monuments of Stone were part of a temple given over to the Prince of darkness.
Speaker 5: The flush, I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's logical, as most of the scaries and endevil would explain the existence. The two petition goes on to say that when the devil was finally driven from his temple, he took refuge in the bay down there, as they claim that on stormy nights you can hear his hook speech, and he raced it up and down the rocky home.
Speaker 2: What are you trying to do?
Speaker 5: What I said?
Speaker 4: Someone running about path, it's flapping about like a giant's back. Quite the.
Speaker 1: One who boards one of us again?
Speaker 4: Then when what's happened?
Speaker 2: Sat as white as.
Speaker 4: Tea opened the door from the door.
Speaker 2: Thank you I find you at home. The most terrible thing I can scarcely be denominated.
Speaker 4: Man better. Perhaps you're gonna tell us what's happened. I only take.
Speaker 6: It nice sadly, my sister and my two brothers. It's too terrible by just stuff like idic water.
Speaker 4: It's called ah well the betting with straight cars. And now without the warning, I can eat eat it again easy, easy traps this because you can manage to give it a few of the facts.
Speaker 6: I listened there last night, like the sip and there and my two brothers l and Joan, and what time is that we're talking to? Just keeping over the puge with chiming tim talkadi cs the door behind me. I had little all in the card room, laughing in a good street hand.
Speaker 2: This morning, be an any writer. I was out taking a walk.
Speaker 6: The Poectice when Dr mister g took me in his carriage with the news that keeping sent for one of thirty call from the Denis Water. Something terrible that happens in my penless.
Speaker 2: I jumped into tide of him.
Speaker 4: You could set the posting and why you find it to Danny water home with the home. It's just terrible of stuff.
Speaker 6: My two brothers and my sister sad in the card room, just as I had left them.
Speaker 2: But what is change you want to cost me too?
Speaker 6: I can't bring Jeneta do the care and my two brothers set on each side of bat nothing in shouting and singing that sends me sixty feet out of them, and all three of them lift the most two the minute brothers the same.
Speaker 4: From their bases, and the prison of gust, the.
Speaker 6: Horror, the conduntness tenor whol.
Speaker 4: House were it.
Speaker 6: I've got to r the sils that come into place and the thinking into a turn.
Speaker 4: Anyone else in the house to tag your sister and brothers the.
Speaker 6: Minute reporting the old house to go, and he said, there's nothing getting a life if you go on with shield.
Speaker 4: Found them this morning.
Speaker 6: Yes, the Alders goes through the house in the morning. Everything counts before the family comes down.
Speaker 4: When she pass the card room, she told me she found them.
Speaker 5: The toctor m much for her.
Speaker 4: She had a nervous collective.
Speaker 6: We had to book at a dab. I don't wonder what except for a case lost, except not just the people with the time, those peaces haveing this with all around the house, letting the stolen nothing fun.
Speaker 2: Because of these you're the only ones in frog. The case of the home, she means fifty only.
Speaker 4: To bread and handle a matter of pause. But first time I ask you two.
Speaker 5: Question, anything to go home?
Speaker 4: Anything to begin with, mister Gannis, why do you live with the vicar separated from your family? Canny coldness a family.
Speaker 7: A less a step.
Speaker 6: We did tell us a bit art Amu a few years ago got some property at all, so that all tret as long as though we were on the bus.
Speaker 4: To Sturve right now, it's to guennis bablah call anything ending at all, that's was out the ordinals.
Speaker 2: It was one thing that occurred to me, I guess, as he said to the card table. My back was to the window. George was facing me.
Speaker 6: Suddenly I saw him look hard over my shoulder out of the window. I turned quickly, and just for a moment I thought I caught a glimpse of something moving.
Speaker 4: Men or animals, I don't quite know.
Speaker 6: My brother said he has the same feelings you investigated. No, mister homes we did not, Oh.
Speaker 2: My mama, seems to any unimportant to me.
Speaker 4: In fact, you had no premonition of evil.
Speaker 2: No, mister Holmes would to heaven we had sound, Kenny.
Speaker 8: That's what it is.
Speaker 6: Something came into that room, and that's something killed with my sister, and that's the light of reason for my brother's minds. Something Deluis was that should.
Speaker 4: Be the case. I feel I should be a very little assistance missus aganis come up.
Speaker 1: Come.
Speaker 4: I think we's that go down to gedeic wather at once.
Speaker 6: This is a house to whom.
Speaker 4: Whose carriages are coming down the drive, but the blinds down.
Speaker 2: The money.
Speaker 6: He took to Richard's carriage, she's taking it's.
Speaker 4: Again, and keep a sip up a lift man. We've got to find out who's responsible for this. Pay. Yes, I supposure right, I'll do my dash. Which are the windows of the card room? A good one?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 4: Alcohol, Look, how come you sorry? Forget if I'm afraid I've drenched your boots? No Metadi, the room is no matter.
Speaker 2: Shall you go in mad?
Speaker 4: Yes, I've seen all I need up here this way? God rooms over here? Do you notice anything wanted?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I can't say I do. This is the card room, and I see the window is still open. I'll keeper left it that way.
Speaker 6: I suppose, yes, she said this was locked on the insane when she came.
Speaker 4: Candles quite got it up. Yes, card's still on the table. If that risen from that chairs, I think it Youlef's about ten when I set you up there some time for eleven.
Speaker 6: Fire burned up a fire.
Speaker 4: Fire And they always aquire in a small room in the spring.
Speaker 6: Evening is cold and dam las night at the room the fire was in shortly after my arrival.
Speaker 4: I've seen we were off. No disturbance is any time strain or come a young home.
Speaker 2: It don't give me the gems.
Speaker 1: It's something about the year.
Speaker 2: I wonder, what are you going to do now, mister room?
Speaker 4: I think I should resume the course of tobacco poisoning with what and so justly condemned? Come what comes to return to what? Currige? You don't think it's curt a in aguinnis. I should communicate with you.
Speaker 2: It won't do.
Speaker 4: What's in it won't do. All the facts are negative, imit?
Speaker 1: County questions?
Speaker 3: Last night?
Speaker 4: Which quite what? Quite remember the answers of the still watering cans? And I did that took did an impression of his foot, I think it I did, But that printed the sample I was able to take this movement last night. The story is correct. He left the house about ten, went straight back to the grison. Didn't return, now did anyone else, And so I'll leave the house.
Speaker 1: Then it must have been the man for the animals, if they thought the sawny bushes to them.
Speaker 4: There's no such man or animal on last night was a dark knight, and anyone who had the wish to frighten these people would have been compelled to put his face against the glass before it be seen. Well, there's a three foot flower border outside the cardroom window. There are absolutely no footprints in there. It means the beginner's sister and her two brothers were alone when death shut the sister down and drove the brothers in pain. Why that was I hope not what the night?
Speaker 8: Hope not looking becomes a never being at that time strange right word got huge kid to the seizing a wizard.
Speaker 4: Here that, my dear, what is than the famous doctor there? And stand there?
Speaker 5: What the man?
Speaker 4: I've read the owner the carriage about tide miles down the shore, because they've lived there after the manself, and he is no more a sect to be. Tell mine, what come of mine? I'll do them whom presume this is my friend, doctor whom I've come to you about the Forginnis affair.
Speaker 2: The police style utterly at a loss, but you you have a keener brain only there.
Speaker 4: But why are you Spencer as fair?
Speaker 2: Will you see it?
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, during my many residences and the locality, I have come to know the family of Forreghennis very well.
Speaker 2: The powerful state has been a great shock to me.
Speaker 4: Was a sign as a matter of fact.
Speaker 2: I was on my way to Africa. I've gotten as far as Plymouth when the news reached me this morning. I came straight back to help me in quietly.
Speaker 4: But that makes you lose your ship one sail for after the afternoon. If I'm not the saken, I can take the next. And when did you last see the Friginnis family? That's stand there?
Speaker 2: I saw Brenda mister three days ago, just as I was leaving for Plymouth.
Speaker 4: Oh the Plymouth the last three days not give the news so quickly? Surely the Primoth paper didn't carry account of the matter. In this morning's adition, I received a telegram Setagram, But I asked them whom your very inquisitiveness to Holmes, and.
Speaker 2: My business that to stand out telegraph.
Speaker 3: The telegram was sent by the vicar surround planty. Now, mister Holmes, have you reached any conclusion?
Speaker 4: Inclusions all would be excited to do. But I have every hope of bringing this matter to satisfactory termination. Satisfactory to me, that is, would you mind telling me of your suspicions point in any particular. I don't feel this is the moment to answer that question, not to stand out.
Speaker 2: And I see that I've been wasting my time.
Speaker 4: I need not prolong. It's hys, good afternoon.
Speaker 2: M hello. That doctor home he told.
Speaker 4: Us more than he realized. Wasn't but he knows even more?
Speaker 2: How was if he was in sinner?
Speaker 4: But was he wasn't? Was he that stay?
Speaker 5: But there's something for us to look into.
Speaker 4: The home?
Speaker 1: Must you go on smoking that full pipe?
Speaker 8: And why on? Yes?
Speaker 1: Hardly see across the rooms?
Speaker 4: Oh all right, I seek expressed.
Speaker 1: Who knows what he would be talking abroad around neighborhood?
Speaker 4: And I like the layer pots, the gathering twilight of mature blue being rubbish?
Speaker 6: Look here?
Speaker 1: Who what about that doctor Sterndale?
Speaker 4: Do you know what's another of communication with the criminal hotel. The story is correct. He had been there for the past three days. We did receive a telegram for the figure this morning, and.
Speaker 1: He couldn't possibly have had anything to do with the begin its preadily lost.
Speaker 4: Oh now.
Speaker 5: Open the door, Oh my dear, they could come in, come in, come in. Didn't need to me because a girl.
Speaker 7: It's tracked him down the curse of the family. He's dead, dead, with that same look of curl it. Stayle's dead, Mortimate's again. But my study at the pickarage, my servant town in there, sitting beside his table. His stay turned towards the window and distorted me that ten convulsion of fear.
Speaker 2: That Martha teached of his sister.
Speaker 7: Oh my poor parish shaped himself with loose among the west, double with in his own devil.
Speaker 2: And this is what is study.
Speaker 4: Depressing a post.
Speaker 1: It was worse.
Speaker 7: I had the servant over the window.
Speaker 2: It's hill from the shop football, Oh, terrible look on her. Gunny safe.
Speaker 4: The whole body is content results in the very characters, and what fear. You've never seen death in this format before, Watson't never You know of no poison that would have this effect. No lamp is lit it's been burning over an hour. Notice the oil consumed, and yet doctor's only just sed in. Did anyone called the victors?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I was out my shirt.
Speaker 7: But my chervant says you had no money?
Speaker 2: Then was alone?
Speaker 4: I wonder the window was shut the time of death, but the lamp was lit.
Speaker 2: Curious the window you see?
Speaker 4: Let me see the window of the window. Yes, yes, my job, I think I found something. What's that?
Speaker 1: You're being your lap?
Speaker 4: The lamp of clause the lap?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Notice this power which is still the face of the lamp, red brown power. Give me a give me, I must have the start.
Speaker 1: Why are you so excited about the power that contains a solution about?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 5: Wasn't it is a thought and the solution, I.
Speaker 1: Say, Holmes, you haven't touched your supper.
Speaker 2: Whole night? Who was righting?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Required?
Speaker 4: Required?
Speaker 2: Don't want to require? I would talk. I listened to the ring and roar the first down below when you got the sturn.
Speaker 4: Because here's an authority and obscure African poisons? Why you don't there are two striking points is common in both cases under observation In both cases, the atmosphere the room at a curious effect and the person's the first entity. The housekeeper and the baker servants both were overcome, as was the doctor would call him right.
Speaker 1: I hadn't thought that the rule was stilled.
Speaker 4: Right In each case, there was compulsion going on in the room. The fire on the first place, the laugh the second, and the laugh was not necessary, but still daylight when it was late, you see, something was burned in each shase would produced an atmosphere causing strange topic effects an unknown point. I believe we have a sample of that poison, the brown powder still and the bag of the lamp. But how you will to prove it? I'm going to burn some of that powder, and not to protect just a small pink of powder. Perhaps you putter leave the Romans. You will know me here.
Speaker 5: Sin is not I want you it.
Speaker 4: It's risky.
Speaker 1: Oh god, let's come on very well.
Speaker 4: Say shore cheer ups in man, and then we can watch each other for development.
Speaker 1: Okay, come on, come on.
Speaker 4: I I put a pinch of the powder into our lamp.
Speaker 1: Silk muskie couple, nosious.
Speaker 2: Listen to the woman oom oom h, I'm a face. I don't know why that wouldn't I that lester right.
Speaker 1: Home is deep that's south Bank whirling black and sinister as my press.
Speaker 4: It's concealing something something for from Eddy home. It's coming yellow.
Speaker 2: Gone spring, minister.
Speaker 5: You'll let.
Speaker 1: Boofy boofy.
Speaker 5: I know what you I just you.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm saying a full love of heaven. Dug it in, don't breathe. Yeah, I'm a bast the window now bringing what bitten in good clean ass. When a letter was take I had no idea with the power bot. I know, I know what's the pois the technics and nerves canis with the imaginations. The strain is enough of killer man not right and crazy someone is nothing, but I don't. Yeah, I think the thing out the finger was a high wind. Yes, I told the tellers we got a peasant.
Speaker 2: Yes, I over the doorway and for me, you look rather pail, both of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, a little experiment. There's a poison that kills again it Yes, have to sturn air that should like to tell us why you killed Marmitt Gunnets. I you can't prove it. No, I'm gonna tell you how you did it. You came over to the regulated afternoon. You didn't want to one's log in it. He was to let you in himself. But how's but you attracted attention. You've got some pebbles with you, pink pebbles from the heat to side your house. You're through the easy to study windows. I found some of these pebbles in the window. Dow Beginners came downstairs let you in himself. You had a talk with him, made him light his lamp, place the pins of the poison powder in the plane, and left.
Speaker 6: You're right, I did kill Mormness, but I'm not guilty of the other acrosty.
Speaker 2: I swear I'm not. I believe you that turned hell.
Speaker 5: But you know who did do it? Perhaps you go to tell us about it very well?
Speaker 2: If it's mort again, he admitted it before I before he died. Mister Holmes, I have been in love with Brenda's again for many years. We were to have been married when my work in Africa was finished.
Speaker 4: I've lived so long in places.
Speaker 2: Where man is a lawn to himself. I took my own revenge. He killed Brenda in cold lovely killer.
Speaker 5: I have nothing more be for.
Speaker 4: I haven't it you in again? And how did Marma Aginnis get hold of the poison? Be something unusual almost have known. He was ably.
Speaker 2: A route found in African shaped like a foot up human half toad life.
Speaker 3: I have the only.
Speaker 4: Specimen in England, and you showed us together here. He was over the other afternoon when I was packing he was interrested in my Africans joined up to beat part killer.
Speaker 2: He the smouted. I thought no more than a matter until I received the biggest telegram.
Speaker 4: And learned how they have died. I returned once I'm looking into but I was convinced more metrogenis as a murderer, and that he had done it to gain control of the family fortune. How there was a client.
Speaker 2: What was to be his punishment? Once during would believe such a fantastic story, I decided to take.
Speaker 4: A law into my own hands. Perhaps if you have ever loved.
Speaker 2: Anyone, you will know how I felt.
Speaker 4: Let's turn here. What were your plans when you set out for finish?
Speaker 2: I hadn't sent it to bury myself in Central Africa. My work is only half since go.
Speaker 4: And see this the other half. I don't feel called the term to prevent you.
Speaker 2: What a gruesome story got to one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Next to the famous hound of the vascul Aventure, that was the most gruesome experience.
Speaker 2: We ever had just one thing.
Speaker 3: I'd like to know. What did you think you saw in that cloud of smoke?
Speaker 2: Mister der You have to.
Speaker 1: Believe me when I tell you that it was too horrible to mean, just to think of it enough to make my blood turned to voice.
Speaker 3: I wonder well, let's not think about it anymore. Ladies and gentlemen, Today, those who need money for emergencies will find that the household and an antelan plan makes that money.
Speaker 2: Available quickly and privately.
Speaker 4: Quickly because there is no.
Speaker 3: Red tape involved in the making of a household finance loans. Privately because you need not call upon relatives or friends for help, the household finance loan plan is truly the simple modern way to borrow kang and the plan is open to single persons and married tumbles, and both may borrow on their own signature. Anyone who can make regular monthly payments may apply. Why not spend a profitable hour tomorrow talking over your money problems, get your bills together, and then visit a household finance office early Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Discuss your situation with a friendly household finance.
Speaker 4: Representative in a private consultation room.
Speaker 2: And remember household finance pleaves that.
Speaker 4: A loan in itself is not sufficient.
Speaker 2: Their plan goes further.
Speaker 3: Once a household finance loan has helped you make a fresh start, households Doctor of Family Finances will help you keep even with the help of his money management plan of ordered spending.
Speaker 2: Ordered spending is not another old.
Speaker 3: Time cut and dried budget system, but a practical method of stopping those tiny loops in the family pocketbooks that are daily robbing you of many of the rewards of life. Act Monday, don't delay, arrange for a household loan and help yourself to a fresh stock at one hundred ninety three locally managed household Finance offices in one hundred and thirty four cities, and you'll find an office conveniently located in your city
Speaker 6: In the local four two households, an office conveniently located in the book in the shop