Speaker 1: Five O five fifty five k r C the talk station.
Speaker 2: A vation.
Speaker 1: There it is.
Speaker 2: Thank you Sean McMahon, Governed four, Joe Strecker, appreciate you being here all week man. And a very happy Friday, everybody, of course always love Fridays in a very cheerful mood. Thankfully, my wife is back from Chicago. She was gone all week and that's uh disrupting for someone who realizes so much on his wife, but more fundamentally taking a week off. So next week I am doing a mental health week. Dan Carroll's going to adequately take care of the program Monday through Thursday, and Kevin Gordon's filling in on next Friday. So thanks in advance to Dan and covering for covering for me. Well, I well sleep in, which is really the only thing I look forward to on vacation. So yeah, staycation and a special shout out and thanks from the bottom of my heart to be if being invited last night to the Warren Lincoln Reagan Dinner, the reborn kind of Republican Party Lincoln Reagan Dinner. I was great because Orlando Sonza did the MC work and I quite often am asked and I'm honored when I'm asked to introduce people, and Orlando, who I dearly love. I think he is just an outstanding guy, and I know he's got a great political future in front of him. Whatever he chooses to do, he's got a great future.
Speaker 1: Period. But he did a great.
Speaker 2: Job facilitating and I was asked to introduce Vivek Ramaswamy, which was a distinct pleasure. Our next governor without question. That guy is mind blowing. Every time I hear him speak, he's just he's inspiring, you know. And I hate to draw a parallel with Ronald Reagan, but every time Reagan spoke, you know, the great communicator, you felt good. He felt good about the country, He felt good about what he was having to say. He was always uplifting, he had positive things to say. That's Ramaswami, without question. And he spoke without even looking at a note for I don't know, twenty minutes or so, and out why all his policies, his strategies, his future for Ohio, which is all bright, shiny, you know, everything's going to be great, and what an inspiring guy he is. And it was just it was great being there. I hated to have to bow out a little early, but I do get up early, so I bailed. I don't know, it was like eight thirty or something. The event wasn't over yet. But to everybody in Warren County, what a wonderful audience, What a great group of people. The Bikers for Trump folks were there, all these motorcycle enthusiasts who support Donald Trump, and I was invited to us to go out on rides with them. So I got to meet those guys and I'm looking forward to taking a ride or two with them over the summertime. So made some new friends, met some you know, Frank le Rose was there and gave him a hard time because he basically stole my thunder introducing Ramaswambi, because you know, I had all these notes prepared on Promisami's background and the of the books he's written, and Frank took care of that. When he was speaking, That's okay, But I didn't manage to get a few points in. And I just I felt great about being invited, and it's you know, it's like being with an entire room full of friends. You Warren County folks, man, I'm telling you you got it all together. I even recounted the story about my wife after the November election, when the Hamilton kind of returns came in. She's like, we need to leave Hamilton County. And I looked out in the room. I'm thinking Warden County. Maybe, yeah, exactly. So anyway, wonderful event. Although and the only reason I'm explain this only because when I pulled into the Manor House driveway, you know, the leads to the Manor House where the event was taking place of right off Mason Montgomery Road. There are protesters out there. I don't know about maybe twenty five thirty. I didn't count them. I didn't read the signs that they were holding, but you know, and I came in, I said, are those people protesting? Everyone was like yeah. And vv Robinson. I mean I actually went out and spoke with him, which I thought was a good thing. And I can't got the impression that they didn't realize why they were out there. But as I pointed out to the audience, it's Thursday at five pm. What are you doing at Thursday at five pm? You know, I'm my children have grown, but you know, I'm thinking about sitting down with the family and having dinner and under no circumstance in my entire life, and I've been political since I think the age of sixteen. Juck Barkholtz, you're out there. Thank you very much for encouraging me and my dad. God bless my dad, because of course my politics came from my dad and our dinner table discussions about politics, which quite often pissed my sister off. But I had never considered going to a protest. If Democrats are having a meeting, if they have a support for, like some candidate they want to elect an office, I mean, I am not getting off of my chair. I am not interrupting my daily routine. I am not going to go stand out in front of a roadway with a sign. What's the point You're not going to convince anyone that's driving in that you did? Oh well, I read a song and I'm going to give up on the war and a Republican party, and I'm not going to attend the Lincoln Reagan dinner because of what you're saying. And I don't know what point they were trying to make, but the point I came across is that they have absolutely nothing better to do in their lives. With the standby road where with a stupid sign saying you know, Trump fascist or something. And again, you know you're driving down the road, I'm paying attention to the road, I'm minding traffic. I'm pulling into the driveway because you know, I don't spend a lot of time at the manor house. I want to make sure I'm at the right place. I'm not gonna stop and like, let me see, let me let me read what's on your signs, which is why I had to go in and ask people were they in fact protesting what's going on in here today? Which was well, the Lincoln Reagan dinner had some great speakers there, and of course keynote speaker vivig Ramiswamy, who, of course, if they listened to what he had to say, they probably would have been inspired about the future of the state of Ohio under his leadership, which will begin next November after he's elected.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you know.
Speaker 2: Whatever, I just I felt, you know, on some level, I felt kind of sorry for him. Thursday at five pm, and they were on a timetable too. I think somebody else had joked about that they looking at their watches. We're supposed to be here for two hours or an hour and a half, and that's what we're being paid for or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Anyway, I'm sorry, it is Friday.
Speaker 2: I'm in a good mood. I want to hear from you if you got something to say. Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk. Let's do the rundown. It is Tech Friday. Dave Hatter coming up at six thirty. Love talking with Dave today in the Orwell Report, a car exploit allows you to spy on drivers in real time. Okay, New York police departments sending drones to the sites of nine to one one calls. And third topic, the latest car technology is starting to drive people crazy, so we have cars in the Tech Friday Report, the RWORL Report. Troy Day they Trust in Valor program. It's a program for veterans and first responders. So he'll join the program at seven o'clock to talk about that. You know, I love my first responders and my veteran friends out there, so Troy Day will give us the trust in Valid rundown. Daniel Davis Deep Dive couldn't get him on Tuesday. Do technical difficulties Today? We get him back, and I saw NATO SAMs the United States involvement. We're talking about troop deployment, peacekeeping troops in the event there is a negotiated peace deal. I guess they feel the need to have some presence there of troops, although it's widely noted that since they have sat on their hands and not done anything by way of funding their own various militaries and all these European Union in NATO countries while allowing the United States taxpayers to basically handle their defense for the past I don't know, fifty years plus, they don't have any military resources or troops necessarily not as many is they would need to fund and manage the troop levels too, I guess ensure whatever piece deal that's reached is upheld. Well, that's what we get, Daniel Davis. So Daniel Davis and I will talk about that. Captain Douglas Ernest will join the program at eight o'clock. The Spirit of a True Patriot The Inspiring Story of Retired to Captain Douglas j Ernest, So he'll be on at eight o'clock to talk about that book. And then military pastor David Scarlett with his book all for his glory. The near death experience of a modern day job. That'll be at eight thirty. So interesting and fun rundown this morning, and great topics to talk about. We may see the end of daylight saving time. I know the Democrats and Republicans have been sitting down actually talking about that, and I welcome whatever resolution they get, as long as we don't change the clocks anymore. Let's see. There's just a multitude of different stories I got in front of me. But since it is five point fifteen, I'll pause and we'll give you an update on more information from DOGE. I guess the protesters probably angry at Elon Musk, but people who haven't even been born yet have been filing jobless claims. Okay, that among other new revelations from the Department of Government Efficiency, which apparently will continue even after Elon Musk leaves. Thank you to the Trump administration for creating the concept and for bringing to our attention, generally and collectively speaking, Republicans, Democrats, independence, communist, socialists, and all political stripes the insanity and waste of government don't go away.
Speaker 1: I'd be right back about krc DE Talk Station. Have to try.
Speaker 2: A little motorhead and get you out of bed, as his tradition, money talent.
Speaker 1: Thanking Sean for pumping up the jam there.
Speaker 2: Let us see here, I wanted to get to this doughs thing real quick. And it's you know again, within the context of people protesting Elon Musk, Evil Elon Musk former the Savior of the planet. With his electric vehicles that don't commit any carbon or pollutants. He invented rocket ships that can land themselves like a nineteen fifties science fiction movie, employees hundreds of thousands of people. He rescued astronauts from outer space, and he didn't do it personally. But you know, he's a brilliant businessman. He's a brilliant man himself. But he assembled a team of geniuses who effectively run these countries or these companies. And that's what he's trying to turn the government into an efficient, well oiled machine. Somebody's got to do it. It's respect for your labor. Ultimately, the taxpayer dollars that you sent to Washington, and they just don't give a crap about how they spend them. They're not interested in keeping the and minding the bottom line. Because they don't have to mind that they don't create something, they don't you know, build, or they don't provide goods or services that you and I would consume that will be profitable. They subsist on your labor with zero obligation like a fiduciary obligation to properly spend it and mind the store. So what do we find out when doach comes in, they start looking around and like, holy crap. So here's the latest release. Department of Government Efficiency posted serve unemployment insurance claims since twenty twenty. They found individuals under the age of five as well as over the age of one hundred and fifteen, claiming millions of dollars in benefits. This is based upon an initial underscore of the word because I'm sure there are more revelations to come. Survey of Unemployment Insurance Claims again since twenty twenty, revealing the twenty eight thousand individuals between the ages of one and five.
Speaker 1: Pre K through twelve.
Speaker 2: Collected two hundred and fifty four million dollars in benefits, and men go, well, you know, government spends billions and billions every single day. I don't care. This goes back to the whole point. Mind the pennies, the dollars, mind themselves. Twenty four thousand, five hundred individuals over the age of one hundred and fifteen claim fifty nine million dollars in benefits. And if that's not bad enough, the real shocker in this seven hundred individuals, and I use the term loosely because they don't exist yet. Seven hundred individuals with birth dates fifteen years in the future claims sixty nine million dollars in benefits court to the release from the Department of Government Efficiency. In one case, someone with a birth date in twenty one p. Fifty four claim forty one thousand dollars. So all those you know there's aborted babies out there that the left wing loves to talk about. They're claiming unemployment insurance court to the Elon Musk state. But your tax dollars are going to pay fraudulent unemployment claims for fake people born in the future. Sure, this is so crazy that I had to read it several times before it sank in. He continued. The oldest living American is one hundred and fourteen years old, so it's safe to say that anyone one hundred and fifteen or older is collecting unemployment due to being dead? No sanity check for impossibly young or impossibly old people for unemployment insurance. You see what I'm talking about here, something that's so easy to figure out. You know, we have maybe outdated, antiquated computer systems that are dealing with these various claims in these various administrations. But how difficult do you think it could possibly be? I mean, you call interest it Dave Hatterill come over and figure this crap out, and probably about five minutes. Do we have anybody in the system that has a birthday that makes them older than the oldest living human being in the Yeah, we've got hundreds of thousands of them.
Speaker 1: Well let's stop that from happening.
Speaker 2: Labor Secretary Lori Chavez d Raymer said, another incredible discovery by the DOGE team finding nearly four hundred million dollars in fraudulent unemployment payments. We will catch these thieves and keep working to root out egregious fraud. Accountability is here. Yeah, I want to see some serious prosecutions on this. I want to see people locked up. I want examples made and to everybody behind the scenes working in these various departments over the years. Where in the hell have you been. Why did it take the reelection of Donald Trump and the creation of the Department of Governmental Efficiency?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: I mean, and look what a short period of time. It's only been since January that they started doing their work. And look at all that we have learned since January. Joe Biden is sleep at the wheel. His administration obviously didn't lift a finger. And listen, We'll go back to prior administrations, including the former Trump administration. And I know he had a lot on his plate. They kept him in court most of the time. He was fighting impeachment hearings left and right, and all the other revelations that were going on. We had a lot on our plate. But this problem, this seemingly easily solvable problem, has been going on, probably for decades. Your labor wasted and a wide open door, an opportunity for fraud existing with a seemingly simple solution. Let's just check the data and see if we've got dead people on the rolls. Let's just check the data to see if someone who hasn't been born yet is receiving unemployment benefits. Five twenty six fifty five k CD Talk station local stories, including the Bengals request for three hundred and fifty million dollars this after the they approved the budget in Columbus the other day. Oh whoops, wait a minute, can we have our slice.
Speaker 1: I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Five thirty one. Happy Friday, one hour from now. Tech Friday with Dave Hatter Love Hearing from Dave, Love Hearing from you two five, one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred y two three talk five five fifty on AT and T phone, fifty five cars dot com. You tryheart Media ap so you can listen everywhere you go to aelve I heart Media content, including the podcast. Congressman Warren David said, O the program yesterday. Great conversation with him. Always appreciate that, and of course I love talking with Jay Ratliff, our aviation expert. And George Brunneman joined the program as well. So also it being Lenton season, the Lenten fish Fry Friday list is posted up on the page today, so thanks for adding that.
Speaker 1: Sean.
Speaker 2: Well, it's going to the pund so here before we get to the local stories, Pete, welcome to the program. In a very Happy Friday to you, sir.
Speaker 3: Thanks Brian and the subject of incarcerating all these people that are stealing us blind. It costs US thirty six thousand dollars a year to incarcerate somebody. I think they should have a program and give them a choice of house arrests or incarceration. But with the house arrest comes an ankle bracelet where they can only go to work and then take a percentage of what they earn a payback what they owe, and if they violate the terms of that, then they do get the incarceration, but get the money back for our country instead of paying out thirty.
Speaker 4: Six thousand dollars, you're to keep these.
Speaker 3: Plows and also leave them with a felony hanging over them. They could get eliminated if they pay everything back and stay within the program.
Speaker 2: Well, it's an idea. All I know is is ankle monitor bracelet things don't really work very well, and you have to pay people to monitor them. And can you imagine the thousands of people that would have to be monitored with ankle bracelets. The resources necessary to do that alone would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Listen, I understand the cost of prison, but you know prison is a terrible place. It's a living hell. It is an absolute nightmare. You wouldn't want to be there. One of the reasons I don't believe in the death penalty. I don't mind paying thirty six thousand dollars years in an American taxpayer to keep someone in a living hell if they're deserving in the death penalty, because I don't believe the state should be able to take someone's life. But they're in there for the rest of their life, and every day they wake up realizing they're never getting out. That to me is hell on earth. And maybe it's worth the American taxpayer dollars to put them through hell on earth for stealing from us.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't have any easy solutions of those problems, quite honestly, but you know what think about being in prison, especially if you're a child in mo Lester. Anyway, thank you WCPO for reporting. I'll give you props to let us see here. Dan Monk and paula Christian Since an Bengals in Hemon County asking Ohio lawmakers daylight and dollars short for the ask, it's been three hundred and fifty million dollars on renovations the pay Corpse Stadium. As they write Dan and Paula, the surprise request comes after the House already passed the budget, which gave the Cleveland Brown six hundred million dollars of state bonds to build the domed stadium. Anyway, the joint request asked for roughly forty two percent of an eight hundred and thirty million dollars pay Course stadium renovation, which, without citation or authority, they say, predicted to trigger five hundred million dollars in new investment at the Bank's entertainment district. Okay, where did that figure come from? But and there's always a big butt around but Senate Financial Jerry Sereno said that no one from the Bengals or Hamilton County had reached out to him about the project. This would be the man responsible for budgeting up in the Upper Columbus Governor Mike Dwine also described as surprise at the request. He met with then Hamilton County Commissioner president of Alisheriz last summer about stadium funding, but said he never heard anything further or any specifics on the proposal.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: I've not seen anybody in the state legislator put this forward. Their discussion with me was a general deon. I got the impression that they in the Bengals, had not reached any kind of agreement. Governor de Wine speaking with WCPO oh really oh, my House Finance Committee Chairman Brian Stewart back in or April. First, it's not an accident. This amendment is designed to refer to the Cleveland Browns proposal only. That will be the amendment in the budget which only qualifies counties with at least one million dollars to get any money for sports complexes and facilities. House Finance Committee Chairman Brian Stewart, Ashville Republican said the Bengals never asked to be written into the bill. Quote, we've not received an asked about any other proposal. Okay, that may be coming, but it was not on my desk at the time this budget is done. You feel we are incompetent hands here in Hamilton County in connection with a course stadium five thirty six. If you five carsen talk station, don't go away, William, I will be happy to take your call as soon as.
Speaker 1: We return and stick around.
Speaker 2: Of course we can even when Joe's not here. Jeffrey I know you're happy. I have a listener, Jeffrey, you always chimes in, can't wait till five forty. I got my base out. Let's go to the phone before I get to the stack of stupid. I've got a couple of callers online, which I always enjoy. Let's start with William, who was first in line. Tom hang on, William, Welcome to the program and happy Friday to you.
Speaker 5: Sir Bryan.
Speaker 6: You make so much good points. But the thing it really gives me a buzzaboo is that these lawyers are I mean not lawyers. I'm sorry, the judges of Keith interfering with the progress of us moving forward. I mean, there's got to be some way that this can stop.
Speaker 2: Well, we need better informed voters. If the majority of folks want tough being, want people to be tough on law enforcement, as opposed to these woke lawyers. These you know, I don't know what is in the name of social justice. You and I are responsible for electing them. And when we see that they you know, low bond or no bond for violent criminals, not looking out for society. They give zero prison sentence for people who've been convicted going through due process beyond a reasonable doubt, and yet they are given a slap on the hand. Then we need to do something about it. We have no one to blame but ourselves. Under the current system, all the way judges are are elected. So you're right, I'm not arguing with you, but it's our own fault societies.
Speaker 6: Thank you there, Brien, there's no argument. But the thing is is that the but the Biden administration, they've seen what's coming. I mean, these people seeing what's coming down the road and they elected like five hundred and fifty. I may be wrong, but these judge Oh.
Speaker 1: You're talking about judicial appointments.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Every administration gets the opportunity to appoint judges and you and I have no control over that. But as voters, we do have control over who's president and who we elect. And of course under the Trump administration, you're not going to get a bunch of woke judges appointed to the federal bench. Once they're there, they're there. I mean, elections have consequences and they have lasting consequences. Look at the makeup of the Supreme Court. Nothing pisses the liberals off as much as the makeup of the Supreme Court and they're angry and they know elections have consequences as well. But fortunately the opportunity to appoint Supreme Court justice came up under yah Republican administration. So while you have a goofy sort of makeup, it's still a five to four most of the time conservative leaning court, which means strict constitutional interpretation as opposed to judicial activism, which is basically I mean, at least on one levels, a lot of us to secure and maintain our Second Amendment right to keep in bare arms, among other decisions that have come out of this Supreme Court, you know, pairing back of the administrative state by virtue of the for example, the West Virginia versus EPA decision, No, you can't call a tablespoon of water on private property a navigable stream. You know, there's been some great decisions. Had we as an American population gone different direction and not elected Trump during the first term, we would not have the makeup of the Supreme Court, and we would have a federal government that would override and trample upon our rights even more than they're already doing. You know, I mean, what more can you say about the process. This is the way our country is run. It's the way it works, and we deal with the consequences of bad decisions. Joe Biden being elected bad decision. I know some say it was stolen, whether or not we ended up with him. Look what happened. Five forty five if you five KR City talk station, get five fifty two if you have Ksity talk station and jumping over to the phones. Tom's been waiting, Tom, thanks for holding over the break.
Speaker 1: Welcome in the morning shown Brian.
Speaker 8: So, I got a question for you. When you go to sleep at night, do you leave every light on in your house all night long, all year round?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: Okay, So these Bengals owners, I don't know the county pays, leaves those lights on that stadium all night long, every day of the year. Really want to waste the money.
Speaker 2: I'll grant you that I was not aware that that was the case. I really was not. I remember the old days, remember the energy crisis in the nineteen seventies. Prior to that, they used to do the light up Cincinnati nights was you know, across the country they do light up Chicago, light up New York, and people would leave the lights on intentionally. And then we had an energy crisis, and then it was beat make sure you turned the lights off. There were little signs above the switches, turn the lights off, save energy. So yeah, I think it's an important thing to do. And I don't know why they leave them on. Maybe it's just to make the skyline look prettier, but yeah, taxpayer expense, yeah, and light pollution. Good point, David, Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for calling on a happy Friday to you, sir.
Speaker 4: Thanks to you.
Speaker 7: Brian.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 9: I was talking about the judges previous collar before the time there, and I understand you made them. You made them when I was thinking that once they're appointed, there's.
Speaker 7: Nothing good about it.
Speaker 4: This is how it is.
Speaker 9: I guess you can't tire them like I think you can't some judges, but may you're.
Speaker 10: Not certain judges and the way you said.
Speaker 9: We elect the judges and stuff for or no matters of dinner and prow to repose. And so my point is it seems like that even though I guess there's no black and white when it comes to law, because they judge depending on his I guess, uh political way of thinking. Uh, that's how you just want to think about it. And uh, it's not going to be. I don't think it's real fair. I don't think there's no such thing as a blind justice anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, you obviously didn't call looking for an argument. You know, there are so many law schools that teach and preach this idea of the you know, uh, the sort of judicial activism as if a judge sitting on the bench is in a position to sort of legislate from the bench, that is not their role. Their role is to interpret the law within the confines of the Constitution United States of America or the States, or in the case of criminal law, dispense justice and of course sentence within the confines of the sentencing regulations. I mean, at least those are defined very clearly. You can be light on sentencing or strict on sentencings, but they come within you know, written guidelines. But as far as judicial activism, it's concerned a lot of people believe the Constitution is this living, breeding, evolving, you know, capable of being molded into whatever current reality. And going back to the Second Amendment thing, that was the point of that that very important decision that was handed down. What what were the found what was on the laws, what were the what was the realities of the right to keep in bear arms At the time the Founding fathers enshrined the Second Amendment right to keep in bear arms, very few restrictions. I mean, you get have a twelve year old with a rifle and that was aoka and understood and perfectly abceptible. Back then, were there issues with you know, young people maybe discharging firearms or going crazy with them running them. I imagine they're probably were because there's always been crazy people and accidents have always happened. But they took that into consideration. So a strict construction is a properly within the confines and the meaning of the Constitution says, listen, you have the right to keep the bear arms. Or if, for example, it's not within the constitution some federal power that they seek to control our mind, our lives is not within the powers vested in the federal government, then I'm sorry, it's extra constitutional, ergo fundamentally illegal. Now some liberal person with this broad interpretation of this living, breathing constitution and documents say well, you know, well it isn't within the confines of the Constitution, and it's not expressly written there I can determine that, and then they'll come up with some reasoning to say that it's a okay.
Speaker 1: They teach that stuff in law school. You have strict construction is.
Speaker 2: You know, law professors, and you got these liberal people who say you can pretty much say anything from the bench. They're out there and they're everywhere. You need to keep that in mind when you're voting, and quite frankly, when it comes to federal judges and lifetime appointments, unless they do something that's illegal or that is subject them to impeachment, and that's few and far between, you're stuck with them. Fivefty seven, fifty five KARSD Talk Station. I'll be right back after the news six o five, a fifty five KARSD talk station. A very happy Friday to you, Brian Thomas. Looking forward to the bottom of the hour as I always do every Friday at six thirty Tech Friday with Dave had Or. Today, a car exploit allows you to spy on drivers in real time. That's creepy new or police department sending drones to nine one one calls. That's creepy and also creepy. The latest tech car technology is starting to drive people nuts. So or we'll report bottom of the hour Friday with Dave at or one hour from Roy Davis joins the program the Trust and Valor program.
Speaker 1: We're going to learn all about that.
Speaker 2: It's a program that is designed for veterans and first responders involving horses.
Speaker 1: Daniel Davis deep dive.
Speaker 2: Daniel couldn't join the program on Tuesday to a technical difficulty, so today we get Daniel Davis probably giving us a further update on Russia and Ukraine, including the NATO countries meeting the other day to talk about troop deployment in the event that's some negotiated peace deal. The logistic on that one is kind of a comical, given that the European Union pretty much gave up on funding their military or building up arms or the ability to defend themselves in the absence of the United States for the past multiple decades. So anywhile, I mean, most of them are kind of stepping up to the plate now realizing that they're in a precarious position in the absence of the United States defense dollars and troop presents. They can't defend themselves, and that comes at a great cost of the American taxpayer. Captain Douglas Earnest the book. At eight o'clock, we'll talk about the spirit of a true Patriot, the inspiring storre of retired Captain Douglas Ernst Ernest and military pastor David Scarlett joins the program at eight thirty to talk about his book All for His Glory, The Near Death Experience of.
Speaker 1: A Modern Day Job.
Speaker 2: Apparently died and came back five on three, seven, four, nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. I may have to get into the stack of stupid since I didn't do any stack of stupid in the last hour, since I had phone calls, which is always a preference. But I have to go back to this two things. I started the program first with a thanks to the Warren kind of Republican Party for allowing me to be there, and actually introduced the next governor of the state of Ohio, Vivek Ramaswami. Brilliant man. He is get in touch with his campaign. Help him out. He's so far ahead in terms of the primaries. I don't I think the other candidates, as decent as you may think they are, should probably drop out. He's got more endorsements than you can shake a stick at already, and the election isn't until next November. But brilliant, dynamic, and husiastic speaker. And again I'll go back to my Reagan analogy. When you hear Vivek speak, you get a real sense of optimism about the future of the state of Ohio, a true sense of optimism. And he's got great ideas for the state. So I think he's going to be a wonderful governor. And thanks to everybody that came to the Warren County event last night, what a fantastic time. And again the protesters outside, what the hell was your point? I mean, I really don't get it. Obviously, you have way too much time on your hands. Spend some time with your family, go it's dinner time, be at home, cook yourself up a meal, and spend some time with family or friends. Or maybe they don't have family or friends and they have nothing better to do than stand outside with a stupid sign that nobody read. Because we're busy driving into the parking lot and avoiding running into someone, because we don't want to stop in the middle of the road and look at your stupid signs.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Anyhow, I have newer listeners and say o'clock hour, that mean this is going to sound redundant from the five o'clock hour. But this whole revelation from DOES yesterday is just mind boggling, revealing the absolute stupidity of our federal government when comes to mining our taxpayer dollars. Something as simplistic as looking through the system and figuring out if there were people that are dead or not even born yet are getting unemployment benefits. So, I mean, we've dealt with the Social Security Department and the problems and they ferreed it out that unemployment insurance claim since twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Just twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Forward, twenty four thousan five hundred people over the age of one hundred and fifteen years old claim fifty nine million dollars in benefits fraud much twenty eight thousand people between the ages of one and five claimed unemployment benefits to the two hundred and fifty four million dollars, and even crazier and seven people with birth dates in the future over fifteen years in the future, including one with a birth date of twenty one to fifty four that claimed forty one thousand benefits, but these collective nine thou seven hundred people that haven't been born yet claimed sixty nine million dollars. According to DOJE, California, New York, and Massachusetts accounted for most of these improper claims, totaling three hundred and five million in unemployment benefits. Additionally, they said California accounted for sixty eight percent of the unemployment benefits paid to parolees identified the customs, identified by the Customs and Border Patrol, on the terrorist watch list, or with criminal records.
Speaker 1: Have fun going to.
Speaker 2: Work today realizing that this is the kind of crap that goes on with the federal government and its refusal to pay any attention whatsoever to how they're spending your money, and you're going to protest them.
Speaker 1: This is the kind of thing.
Speaker 2: It needs to be repeated over and over and over again to these idiots that stand around with signs saying Elon Musk is a Nazi or something.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't make this up.
Speaker 2: And thanks to WCPS reporting this, this could come from the stack. Is stupid regarding his pay court stadium upgrade. Again, props to Dan Monk and paula Christian for writing about this and providing a little bit more details than any of the other news outlets. I reviewed this story over the since I have Bengals and Hamilton Kenny asking Ohio lawmakers to spend three hundred and fifty million dollars for renovations to pay Corps after the House passed the budget the other day.
Speaker 1: Whoops.
Speaker 2: Of course that included six hundred million dollars in state bonds for the Cleveland brown so they can build their two point seven billion dollar mega complex, funded in large part on the Ohio taxpayer dollars. This joint request from the Bengals and Hamilton County asked the state for forty two percent of the eight hundred and thirty million dollars pay Course stadium renovation. And I love this. These fun facts are what makes it to stack a stupid story. Apparently, Senate Finance Committee or Senate Finance Chairman Jerry Sereno said that nobody from the Bengals or Hamilton County ever reached out to him about the request.
Speaker 1: You wonder what they were doing.
Speaker 2: I mean, this whole lease deal problem has been you know, something you could see from ten miles away, I mean from the moment the contract was signed.
Speaker 1: As bad as it was, you knew at this point in time was coming.
Speaker 2: You were gonna have to deal with the stadium upgrades. You're gonna have to negotiate terms of conditions, and if it involved our elected body in Columbus, that you're gonna have to start working with them early in the process to maybe get the state dollars that you're now asking for. After the budget was passed, Governor of Wine apparently well described as surprise at the request. Last summer, he met with Alicia Reese, then Hamilton County Commissioned President, but he said he'd never heard anything further from her or any specifics of any proposal that was last summer. Speaking with WCPO, Dwine said in an interview quote, I've not seen anybody in the state legislature put this forward, meaning the request that they're asking for now. Their discussion with me was general. I got the impression that day and the Bengals had not reached any kind of agreement. Well, I suppose he's right on that, because my understanding they haven't reached an agreement.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Dwine, for his part, renewed his call for state lawmakers to pay for stadium projects wherever they may be, with a twenty percent increase on how sports betting tax. But that wasn't in the budget. What wasn't the budget specifically excluded anything involving the Bengals because the bond issue is limited to counties with at least one million people. Of course, Cuyahoga County meets that. Hamilton County does not because we don't have more than a million people in the county. So the ask itself is outside of the confines of what can even be asked for since it's a stadium project in a county that with less than a million people. And of course House Committee Chairman Brian Stewart told reporters back in April first the point of that one million people county requirement. This is not an accident, he said. This amendment is designed to refer to the Cleveland Browns proposal only. Man, the Cleveland Brown family must be really connected.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 11: I'm not much on speeches, but it's so gratifying to leave you wallowing in the mess you've made.
Speaker 1: You're screwed. Thank you, bike.
Speaker 2: Well played. Sean asked for a Republican going back again. House Finance Committee Chairman Brian Stewart quote, we've not received and asked about any other proposal, okay, meaning referring to the Cleveland Browns proposal. They had asked for it, They told them what they wanted. We got this two point seven billion dollar megacomplex dome stadium thing that we want to build the suburbs. Here it is, here's how much money we want. They had lobbyists lobbying for it, and obviously it worked really well. As for the Bengals project, quote, we've not received an asked about any other proposal. Okay. That may be coming, but it was not on my desk at the time. This budget is done.
Speaker 5: I want a dollar.
Speaker 2: Also reported by WACPO in this article, the Bengals don't have a state lobbyist at present. The Browns have five that according to the Ohio Lobbying Activity Center. Also report of the Bengals lost a key ally in the House this year when Republican Bill Sites retired. The Governor wouldn't say whether he would veto portions of the House budget if it isn't altered by the Senate, and that maybe the last leg upon which the Bengals stands is maybe a modification by the Senate. Dwayne said, I just want to make it very clear that we do not have this money. Of course, referring back to the tax that he wanted to impose on sports betting, we do not have this money. If he just bonded the money that the Browns want, that's a billion dollars over a pair to twenty five years, it's about forty two dollars or forty two to forty five million every year out of the budget. We do not have that money. We can't take it away from education. There's a pathway, but that's not the pathway. So clearly Governor to one is not happy about this provision either. And now the Bengals are going in a day late and a dollars short. For another ask, Charlie foxtrot comes to mind. My military friends know exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't get the joke, well then you can look up Charlie Foxtrott and find out for yourself. Because of course, the FCC does not allow me to say out loud what that means six seventeen, feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty eight hundred two three talk pound fly fifty on at and two phone six a fig about car CD Talk Nation. Very very very happy Friday, David, Yeah, extra special. As I segue into a week of vacation, Dan Carroll covering for me Monday through Thursday, with Kevin Gordon taking care of Friday, and thanks and advanced both those guys for let me sleep in taking a mental health week off, getting away from the insanity that I read about every single day. You know it really is. It can bear on you after a while, well positively okay, and recognizing again going back to Doge's work and the realization that we find out that hundreds of thousands, I can't remember the specific number of illegal immigrants ended up receiving Social Security numbers and actually voted in elections, which is illegal. The Safeguard American Voter Eligibility Act cleared the House yesterday. Question mark whether it's going to get to the Senate. House voter in favor of the SAVE Act, which requires proof of citizensship to vote in federal elections. Vote two twenty to two oh eight. All Republicans that were there voted in support of the SAVE Act, only four Democrats And do you scratch your head and wonder about that election integrity anyway. SAVE Act amend's a national voter Registration Act in nineteen ninety three, requiring proof of US citizenship to registered to vote for federal elections. It lists several forms of valid identification to proof citizenship.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: A form of identification issued consistent with the requirements of the Real ID Act of two thousand and five that includes the applicant is a citizen of the United States, namely a valid US passport, US Military ID alongside a military record of service showing the applicant's place of birth was the United States, A valid government issued photo ID showcasing that the individual was born in the US birth certificate issued by a state. Chip Roy primary sponsor quote. Despite the ridiculous attacks and purposeful misinformation spread about the bill, and pleased to see that the House of Representatives once again passed the SAVE Act on a well he called it bipartisan basis, barely to ensure only US citizens vote in election. So I'd like to thanks Speaker Johnson, Chairman Steele, and Senator Mike Lee for partnering with me on this effort. In order to preserve this republic, we must uphold what it means to be able to vote in the United States elections. I'm grateful to my colleagues answer the call and pass the Save Act. Yeah me too. Election integrity. There's a whole lot more work to do, though. Stick around Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. We'll start out with a car exploit that allows you to spy on drivers in real time. Sounds creepy, probably will be. Things are usually creepy in the Tech Friday Report. For the nationally recognized and award winning segment we call tech Friday with Dave. How it brought to you my interest I find on my line at interestIt dot com. Because if you're a company, you have computers and you may very well have problems, maybe not right now, but in the future. Because Davie you all the reasons why you will probably end up with problems and all the ways to avoid it. So get Dave and the team on your job to avoid them and give you best practices and ensure your systems are safe and scire. Welcome back to the morning show, Dave hat Or, love talking to you.
Speaker 5: Always good to be here, Brian. I feel the same way, and holpeful they're doing some good out there.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean also freaking people out. I didn't get the article because Joe's not here and it doesn't matter, but I know what the topic is. Tell us about this car exploit that allows you to spy on drivers in real time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is just one of many, I would say, Brian.
Speaker 5: You may recall we talked about this briefly the Mozilla privacy non included website and their expose of newer model cars. I think it was the end of twenty twenty three when it came out. But this is pointing out though. Just reiterate something you and I talk about all the time. The so called Internet of things.
Speaker 4: Aaka smart devices.
Speaker 5: You're smart coffee maker, your smart TV, a stat your doorbell, and now your car are vulnerable in the same way that your computers are because essentially everything is computed at right. It's got computer chips, and it's got software embedded in it that gives it the wile factor and cool functionality that people like, including your car. And you may recall, Brian, way back we talked about a Wired article where a reporter worked with two hackers and they were able to remotely control this jeep Jeep Grand Cherokee while the reporter was driving. They did all kinds of things to it caused a giant recall back in the day. And this is another illustration of this where in this case this is a third party pioneer head unit right, pioneered the people that.
Speaker 4: Make car stereo and stereo equipment.
Speaker 5: But they hackers, you know they're thankfully, Brian, there are good people out there, white hat hackers, trying to find vulnerabilities in these products, inform the manufacturers, get them fixed, and frankly, inform the public at large about why so many of these things are privacy and security dumpster buyers.
Speaker 2: Basically doing the job that the manufacturer should have done ahead of time to avoid this stuff from happening in the first place. As you always point out, they don't think about privacy and security when they're building these devices. They just rush to get the device out because it does something really cool, but failed to incorporate the requisite security measures in there.
Speaker 7: Excellent summary.
Speaker 5: Well, I was going to say almost the exact same thing, which is again, their whole privacy model or their whole business model on most of this IoT stuff is backwards. It's market share, speed to market ease, of use for the consumer, not privacy and security. And you know, at one time it would be bad if there was a buzz in software and.
Speaker 4: You could do your job.
Speaker 5: But now everything is that are connected. You have systems that interface with and if it's a manufacturer system control your car, which means your vehicle could potentially get hacked and be turned into a weapon.
Speaker 7: Of some sort.
Speaker 5: You and I have talked about that many times the pass and you know, I'm not the only person saying this. There are lots of people in the industry and security experts that are warning about this kind of thing. But in this case, the hackers went to a conference and demonstrated that they could chain together various flaws and the software inside this thing, and once they had access to it. Now, admittedly, you either have to get hotspot access to it or you have to have physical access to it, so it's not as easy as just and over the air exploit to this head unit. But you know, if you're tak it in for repairs, could it get hacked. Could someone get in your car, you know, perhaps a spurned spouse or lover. I mean, they lay all these things down in the article, but the bottom line is once it's been hacked. Yes, they can basically see who you're calling, they can watch you where you're driving, and do a variety of other things. Not nearly as bad as some of the manufacturer based systems that have been hacked, because you know, they interface directly with the systems of the car, the brakes, the engine, that sort of thing. So yeah, you know, before you go out and you change the electronics in your car nowadays, you know, I'm sure Brian, like me, your old enough ter day it's like, well, I'm going to upgrade the stereo of my car because the thing that came from the manufacturer is no good, right Delco.
Speaker 4: Yeah or something right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: And you didn't have to worry about these kind of things then, right, because you know it was just you know, or.
Speaker 1: Maybe just hold on one second. Explains something to me.
Speaker 2: First off, that people still replace they had units in their car. So that's that's the thing. I guess. That means you bought an older car that doesn't have one of those you know, built in wired up to the entire system sort of units. You buy a substitute unit from Pioneer. It's got a camera in it that records the inside of the automobile.
Speaker 5: Uh, some of them do because they want to give you a video capability, just like the stuff that's built into the car.
Speaker 1: Why in the hell would I want video of me driving the car?
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't mean think about it, Brian, I don't know. Again, I'm, as you know, against almost all of this.
Speaker 2: No, I know, but I'm just it is a fundamental proposition. Why I mean, exterior of the car to record accidents or you know, what's going on around you at least have some comprehension of why you might want that. But you know, picking my nose or eating a sandwich or doing whatever I'm doing in my car. I don't need a video record of anything going on to the inside of the car.
Speaker 1: I agree with the wholehearted thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, people Still, people still replace the head units in cars. You know, you can buy these and really advanced ones that sound better. It's getting harder though, because you know, again, most of these so called infotainment systems in modern cars are deeply integrating the overall folks now of the car. It's not just a radio anymore, right, oh, all kinds of things. So, but they make like replacement kits because to your point. You know, the thing is a weird shape. They do it by design. It takes up all this weird space. You got to have a special kit. But apparently there are still companies out there making their you know, aftermarket stereo systems for your car, and like most of this IoT stuff, they have.
Speaker 4: A lot of the same problems.
Speaker 5: So while you know, I would be careful about upgrading your cars systems simply because of the impact on the car, you have to think about this kind of stuff. And the bigger point is Internet of things in general, moldering, dumpster.
Speaker 2: Fire period every week, the reminder and you can't say it enough day maybe people will start listening to you don't hook your coffee maker up to the internet. Five six point thirty seven will continue with Dave. Apparently they're sending drones to nine to one one calls in New York. You dreaming of a smile is brilliant and forty outcrecy De talk station check right with Dave Hatter. All right, so Eric said, you might want to be able to have that camera in your car to track your kids driving, which I guess I kind of get, but he said recording passengers. He said, for like Uber lift people. They may want that, but you know, I guess you can just go ahead and get one of those independent, non Internet connected cameras and just put it on your your your windshield and record the passengers in the car.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's not something that I have any concern or care about and think it's either it's creepy and stupid, but Internet of Things is the broader point on that one. Moving on New York Police Department using drones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is an interesting story, and I think this is unavoidable Brian, and probably happening in other places.
Speaker 4: And this particular writer.
Speaker 5: Seems to not be a fan of the NYPD based on the tone of this article. But again, you know, drones get cheaper and cheaper and cheaper and more and more capable, whether it's you know, the flight time, it's altitude, it's the cameras, microphones, et cetera in the drone.
Speaker 4: So I'm not saying I don't I don't like it.
Speaker 5: Don't misunderstand what I'm saying I think, but I think it's inevitable that we're headed in this direction because you know, they mentioned here these particular drones that the NYPD are using can go forty five miles an hour. Obviously, they can fly in a straight line. So if you have some sort of unfolding event, even something like a bankrupt it doesn't have to be a arrist vent or something, right, you can get eyes on the scene quickly understand what you're up against. But the point they make, which I fully agree with, is as these drones get smaller and more capable, you know, they can hover high enough that you can't hear or see them. Yet when they're telephoto lens, they can zoom in on you see what's in your hands. This article claims that these particular devices the NYPP are using can recognize people and license plates from a mile away. And the concern, yeah, the concern they're raising is that, okay, you send out the drone to wherever you know alleged crime is taking place, Well, it has the potence with to suck up everything in its path along the way. Right, So you know you're just out for a stroll, and you know now you're you're on the drone footage. I know that you know you have no expectation of privacy out in public, indeed, but you know I have some concerns about this again, I think it's inevitable, but I think it's important for people to understand and there ought to be a public conversation about this kind of technology and do we want this sort of super invasive technology. You know, you're in your backyard. The drone is up there, it's you know, hovering around, it's filming you, you know, with parabolic microphones. I don't know how far away you could probably listen to you. I'm sure it pretty far, I know, that's the thing. So yeah, it's interesting to see where all this is going. And again, I just don't see a way around it, because it's only going to get less and less expensive to put this sort of technology out there, Sue.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm a fan of sporting clays and skeet and trap shooting. Dave, Yeah, me too, you know how to lead?
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 2: The other thing that I think about is that there are so many satellites up there, and they have to be positioned properly so they don't run into each other in outer space. And I don't know how they manage that with the thousands and thousands of satellites. But I'm thinking of, you know, someday in the very near future, all these drones are flying around, and then we have these individual car sized drones and fly people around and drone taxis. You know at some point we're gonna have a lot of mid air accidents and collisions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, you have to be super confident in the technology for these things to avoid each other. And you know, obviously we don't have enormous amount of these things now, but I think over time you're just going to see more and more of it. And to your point, Briant, larger one air taxis that sort of thing, And as far fettered as that may sound, I think it's company. There are already companies claiming to be able to do this. Now. I'd be the first to say, not a chance I'll ride in any of these things anytime soon, because I don't trust the software in cars rolling on the ground, much less something's flying me around. But you know, I believe certainly within our lifetime you're going to see a lot more of these things. And you know, there are instances where these things fail, fall out of the sky, hit something, hit somebody. Again, I'm not too too worried about that, but when you think about this from a survey perspective. And you know you mentioned the satellite right. We know there have been satellites in the sky that can you know, read something in your hand and that sort of thing for a long time. But to your point, they have to be positioned. They only fly over every so often, or they're stuck in one place. You know, this gives you, This gives a government entity the capability for a relatively small amount of money to surveil you or anything they want, pretty much any time they want, for as long.
Speaker 4: As they want.
Speaker 5: And you know this is going to be abused, Brian, I mean, think about it. We've seen we've seen examples of companies like ADP where their technicians go in and you know, set up cameras to film attractive women in their house. I mean, it's well documented. People have gone to jail over there.
Speaker 2: Well, look, you know that we know the NSA is soaking up and basically soaking up every piece of data, email, text message that anybody in the United States or anywhere else in the world sends. So if our own government's doing it, you know nefarious actors are going to take hold of this technology and too for nefarious purposes. It's just it's so obvious. Oh well, we live in a frightening or wellian world.
Speaker 9: Day.
Speaker 1: You prove it every single week.
Speaker 5: But again, and I mean, I think all at this point, all you can really do is be aware, you know, act accordingly, and then you know, try to raise awareness with other people and talk to your legislators and you know, see what you can do to try to keep as much of this teenie in the bottle as possible.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree with you wholeheartedly. We'll continue coming up next. Latest car technology is starting to drive people nuts. One more Dave Hatters Tech Friday so Roofing a reputable company that provides quality roofing and repairs. Visit Fashionproroofing dot com six fifty one five care CD talk station intrust it dot com where you find Dave Hatter and his crew for your business computer needs and I'm sure you probably have them. Thanks for sponsoring the segment day. I've always enjoyed talking with you about it. Let's find out what's driving people nuts with the latest car technology.
Speaker 4: Yeah, back to cars.
Speaker 5: And it's interesting because then the article is talking about this, they have another article about how your modern car is spying on you and you don't know it kind of back to our first segment, and I encourage people go out and check out privacy.
Speaker 4: Not included in particular the exposity.
Speaker 5: On modern cars. But this is all about and I get this because I have a newer car.
Speaker 4: It's like at twenty eighteen.
Speaker 5: And my wife has a newer car.
Speaker 4: It's like at.
Speaker 5: Twenty nineteen, and you know, almost everything in it is no longer mechanical, right, everything is electronic.
Speaker 4: You've got to go to the entertainment screen, or you've got.
Speaker 5: Some kind of weird control that's not very precise, versus just I want to I just want to press the button and go to a certain channel, or I want to turn on the air conditioning or turn off the air conditioning without having to go through fifteen screens to figure out how to do it right. And that's one of the things. One of the things they point out. It's not only irritating for people, because a lot of you and I agree with this, are increasingly it's not only less intuitive. Yes, it's dangerous because you have to take your eyes off the road button, then you got to go to another button.
Speaker 2: Dave, think about this. It's illegal to use your cell phone in the state of.
Speaker 1: Ohio while you're driving.
Speaker 2: And yet, yeah, they got that giant screen which you have to use and operate to navigate through, to to deal with really literally anything you want to do in the car. How now you drive down the road and just your air condition You're like, oh, what screen do I need? And you're staring down at that your your your your your, your eyes aren't on the road.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So that's a pro recent study drivers feelings on the intuitiveness of car controls cell from seventy nine percent and twenty fifteen when you've had a lot less of the text and entertainment and digital buttons and so forth, to fifty six percent and twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I'm surprised it's that high.
Speaker 5: Because you know, I can't tell him because I've runted a car that I'm not familiar with, and then I have no idea what I'm doing, right, and unlike the old school. Again, here's a button, it turns on the air conditioning. Here's a button that turns on the deep roster. You know, some cars still have some combination of that, but a lot of it is increasingly digital. And I get it, but Also, I think the part of the people overlook.
Speaker 4: When they think about these things.
Speaker 5: All of this tech is very expensive when it goes bad, versus I just need to replace a switch that opens and closes a circuit to turn on the air conditioning or whatever. You know, if I got to replace the whole entertainment system.
Speaker 4: Very expensive.
Speaker 5: And you know, I think one of the greatest innovations in cars in the last several decades are backup cameras, right, Yeah, backup cameras super helpful, reduces a lot of danger. But you know, when those things go bad, and now cars have sensors all around them, those things can be extremely expensive to replace when they go bad, So you're not only adding to the cost of the car, you're adding to the maintenance of the car. And again, I understand the benefit of some of these things, but I agree wholeheartedly with this article that most modern cars are a lot less intuitive in the.
Speaker 1: Way you operate them.
Speaker 5: And I agree with your point, Brian, that it's dangerous to have to constant kee taking your eyes off the road to go three screens in to figure out how to change something you want to change about the environment or the behavior of the car. I find it very frustrating person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you all day long, and I hate to even admit this out loud, but since we gave our son the old Honda, we had to replace. We needed a larger vehicle because we have dogs, we have a yard, and you have to deal. So anyway, we got a modern used vehicle and it's got one of those systems in it. And when they were trying to upsell us on the extended warranty and it was really expensive for the extended warranty, the guy said, well, you know, something goes wrong with that. You know that screen, that infotainment system that's connected literally everything. It's more expensive to fix that than it is then replacing the engine in the car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: That was his you know, his upsell. You know it's like, well it's still under warranty and how often does this happen? Well, but basically was They don't have any problems with it, so anyway, it's just it's scary stuff. I mean, I hate having one of those cars that's literally recording everything. And you know, to your point about the car spying on you, that information can be purchased by insurance companies.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes it can.
Speaker 5: In fact, you know that was another recent scandal. You may recall we talked about it briefly. GM had to come off. They were essentially selling the data collected from people's cars to insurance companies, and people were getting premium increases and canceled without voluntarily signing up. It's one thing, like the progressive thing, right, you get it, you pluge it into your car. You're volunteering to do that because you know your potents are going to get better raids. It's another thing, and they talk about that and that privacy not included thing. I keep referencing about how these cars are collecting all this data and potentially selling it to third parties, including your insurance company, who might decide you're not a good insurable risk based on the driving heb it's coming from your car. So things to think about as we head into this increasingly dystopian world where everything has sensors in it, and everything wants to track you if you'll let it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just so scary. Anyway, important information, know and think about. Dave Hatter, I always appreciate you bringing it to our attention every week here in a fifty five Caresity Morning Show. Look forward to next Friday in another edition of Tech Friday with Dave Hatter again brought to you by intrust dot com. Get in touch with Dave and the team at interust it dot com. Take care Dave, thank you again. Have a wonderful weekend, and I won't be around next week. I'm taking all week next off, so I think if you're doing the segment, you'll be doing it with Kevin Gordon next Friday.
Speaker 5: All right, well, Brian, you enjoy your time off and I'll look forward to chat with you when you're back.
Speaker 2: Thanks brother, Take care Man six fifty seven and fifty five care City Talk Station. We're in here from Troy Day. The program is Trust and Valor and it's a program for veterans and first responders. Should be really interesting. Plus the Daniel Davis Deep Dive Special Friday edition since we didn't get him on Tuesday. That'll take place at seven thirty. I'll be right back seven oh six, a fifty five KRCD talk station. If everyone's having a happy Friday, I think this will put a smile on your face. If you're not having a happy Friday, Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show from an organization called Mustang Journey. Troy Day, Troy, Welcome to the show. It's great to have you on today.
Speaker 7: Thank you for having me. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I appreciate what you're doing because I am a huge supporter of, of course, the American veteran and first responders. My sister was a twenty five year police officer of the Cincinnati Police Department, and I'll tell you, I do get the idea of stress from a job, and I learned from her over the years what they face under pressure and the crap that they go through each and every day. And of course the American veteran, most notably combat veterans, deal with post traumatic stress and the day to day hardships are just being in the military obviously a very stressful reality. You obviously recognize that we're going to talk about your Trust and Valor program, but first let my listeners know about Mustang Journey, the organization, how you got started, what you do. It's online at Mustang Journey dot org. It's fascinating.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, I appreciate that, and thank you to your family members for their service. Mustang Journey is a is a five O one C three nonprofit organization. We operate solely on donations and volunteers. And what we do is we adopt, tame, gentle and rehome wild mustangs. And you know, in this as you even mentioned what a great way to help and support two iconic American symbols of freedom, the wild mustang and the American soldier.
Speaker 2: So I understand you work with the Bureau of Land Management. Now these are as you mentioned, wild mustangs, and so they're they're they're they're rounded up and collected. Is there are they? Do they represent a problem out in the wild? Is that the reason that they're collected and rounded up by the Bureau of Land Management.
Speaker 11: Yeah, what has happened is the free ranging ranchers has gone to the government and asked them to remove the mustangs. They actually the ranchers actually round them up with helicopters. They claim that the wild mustangs are taking all the resources in the foliage and water.
Speaker 2: Yes, huh, well, I suppose you've probably questioned that reality or that that assertion. But nonetheless, because of those claims, they are rounded up, and I imagine that's got to be quite stressful for the wild mustangs.
Speaker 1: Just in and of itself.
Speaker 11: Yes, it is very stressful, and that's you know, we've noticed, you know, a parallel you know, examining the parallels between the life of a wild mustang from the round ups separated from their families and then also to the to the first responders and also.
Speaker 7: A ve and you know there's uh, there's that.
Speaker 11: The time to decompress that they need, the stress from around up, the stress from as you mentioned, even the combat, the traumatic experiences possibly even loss, uh you know in combat. Yeah, so the highlights, you know, shared a characteristic extent or you know, I guess you could say themes of camaraderie, you know, forging that trust between the veterans, the first responders and that wild mustang trust is going to be one of the.
Speaker 1: Biggest ones understood.
Speaker 2: So you mentioned gentling the mustang and and and getting into uh an animal that's that's rideable, So you're you're you're looking to it. I guess the old word for it is breaking a horse. I mean, I think about the old Western days and I'm an break a horse. You got a wild horse, and you learn how to calm it down, put a saddle on it, and make it into something that's actually rideable.
Speaker 11: Right exactly. And that's where we use the term gentle. There is no heartbreaking of these horses. They've already been through enough stress trauma, so we use these we use the type of training where you gentle them and it's it's there's no there's no heartbreaking of the.
Speaker 2: Horses, understood, and I appreciate your having a concern for the horse and inappropriate treatment. That's what it's all about. And so and that's where the veterans and first responders come in. You train them how to gentle the horses, and then you ultimately place them. It's it's like a forever home for the for the Mustang after you go through this process.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So we actually we have different programs for the veterans and first responders. Have to say, one of those individuals they just want to learn to how to take care of a horse. That's we have something what we call a care team. That's where you just we teach them how to feed, water and muck and just spend some time with the horse. And that's really when some of the trust is built, just just take taking care of them. We also have a handling program where you can learn to halt or lead load a horse if you want to just kind of take it knowledge and experience a little step further. You mentioned the trust and valor that's learned how to tame tame a wild mustang from what we call untouchable to someone where you can halt or lead and load in a trailer. And then we are moving on to hopefully in a very near future, a riding program in these individuals, veterans and first responders help us get them to their forever homes.
Speaker 2: So the concept is this is this is very therapeutic for perhaps maybe a veteran who's struggling with post traumatic stress. You're giving them something that's really beneficial. It's distracting for them in the sense their mind isn't on other more traumatic things. They're helping this horse get, you know, you know, become. I guess is I hate to use the word usable, but you know it's it's a wild animal, but you're turning it into something that someone might want to adopt. And I guess all of this is really beneficial to the psychology of the veteran or first responder in that regard.
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, you know there's a lot of there's a lot of life skills that you can learn just by just by spending time and and and here's the thing, it's it's not us, it's it's a it's the horses. I I kind of, you know, just kind of missed myself as a as one beggar showing another beggar where to get the information from. And you know, those life skills, you know, it's there's it's not a a canned answer. You don't know what that individual is going to receive from spending time with the Mustangs, but some of those, you know, transitioning life skills could be you know, confidence, confidence back into the civilian world, if you will. Patience is another one. Uh, Presence, being in the moment is a big one that one has. That one has been a big one for me spending time with the Mustangs. And then you kind of mentioned it there too. Is just a peace of mind, right, even if it's for just a little while. It's just a peace of mind so you can forget about your daily challenges just for a little while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean everybody has something along those lines. You know, people who can't go to sleep at night they think about all the crap they did during the day, all the things they need to do tomorrow, and it's the worst possible time to think about those things because you're supposed to get a good night's sleep so you can then cope and deal with it the next day. So in this regard, when you're working with the Mustang, you have a task at hand, you have to have presence, you have to pay attention to what's going on in front of you. You have this beautiful, beautiful horse Mustang in front of you that's obviously you know, enjoyable to be with. It's a distraction from the day to day cares of life. I can see the brilliance of this just in thinking about along those lines.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, wow, Yeah, And.
Speaker 11: I think that's you know again, you know, you're not sure what the individual is going to get out of it, but that's you know, again, just being able to focus, you know, focus and then use those to to move on. You know, you hold on to that for a little while to get you through your next days until until you can come back and spend more time with them.
Speaker 2: So this uh is does the program, this trust Environur program, is it for a specific period of time? Is it? Is it sort of like a show up when you need a kind of thing. How does it work? How does it operate?
Speaker 11: We can, Yeah, anyone could reach out to us and we can fit it into their schedule. We do have some type of a schedule right now. However, we do have folks coming that you know can't make it, you know, for instance, on a Sunday. Maybe they can't make it on a Sunday, so we will open up other times for them to come in and spend time with them, all right, and and just go and then go through the programs or you know, even at their even at their level where they're at the FORRCES. We've had several folks come through that have had, you know, grew up with horses. They possibly even maybe trained horses before going in into the military, and or they have little, little to no knowledge at all about horses and we just start them with the horses where their knowledge is at.
Speaker 2: Now, how long does it take from when you get one of these wild mustangs from the h Bureau of Land Management? How long does it, I guess normally take I suppose different mustangs vary like personalities. There one can take a longer time to train, others may adopt and accept the training earlier, but generally speaking, start to finish from when you get the Mustang initially till it's properly gentled and manageable. What's the length of time?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 11: You made a great point. They're just like humans. We all have our we all have our personal bubble to begin with.
Speaker 7: That's when it starts.
Speaker 11: We can start building that trust and we like to twelve months is what we like to shoot for. Can some get uh you know, rehome prior to that, yes, do some take a little bit longer, yes, but that's we We figure that twelve month period is a good time uh to get them, to get them decompressed, to get them through the training, and then uh typically put them we have x amount of hours we want to put them under saddle before before we do re home them. That's our goal. However, there have been some folks that have adopted the horses at the time and they wanted.
Speaker 7: To finish the horses off themselves. Oh, and that they can.
Speaker 11: They can do that as well, And that's an agreement between the individual who's adopting and us the board it Mustang Journey determine the best if that's going to be the best scenario for the horse, all.
Speaker 1: Right, case by case basis, this makes perfect sense.
Speaker 2: I know some people who are truly horse people, and I can see them perhaps wanting to pursue that path, but they've owned horses for decades and they know everything there is to know about them. Now, is there is it difficult to rehome these horses? Is there a waiting list or do you have to reach out and sort of market them? How does that work for Troy?
Speaker 7: You know, that's a great question.
Speaker 11: The Mustang network, if I can say, it's across the United States and there's several thousands horses out there, several thousands of people that are involved with Mustangs. But it's a very intimate community. And there's a story about a horse spirit that we had a very photogenic horse in the herd management area in Honaky and Utah. She's a well documented horse by professional photographers. She's been on some PBS shows and uh, once we put her up for adoption, there was a mustang owner actually owns a Mustang. She owns her herd mate in sunny San Diego.
Speaker 7: So it just goes to show you it's it's.
Speaker 11: Intimate, but yet it's it's a tight knit, uh network.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 11: And once you when you know, once you put it out there, you know, folks, folks will find them, Folks will find the Mustangs.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, my wife and I have just that way of example. It seems to be somewhat of a parallel were Doberman lovers and there are there's a network of Doberman rescues, just like there are there's a network of pitbull rescues or any other breed, but they are interconnected. So if you know, there's somebody in Cincinnati that's looking for to rescue a Doberman, and it doesn't have to be any it doesn't there's not one necessarily in the area. You can reach out to the one in Kentucky, or they reach out with the one in Indiana.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: That's that's how that works a lot. I understand how that connection works. So there is a Mustang community out there. So I'm glad to know that because I, yeah, my wife would love to own a horse, and I just you know, like honey, there's no way. So it's just it seems to me it would be an uphill challenge to place these Mustangs, but apparently it's not now moving aside from the uh the valor program, UH, the Trust and Valor program. Do you take volunteers? But I know you're located in Goshen, so my listeners know that, and do you are you looking for volunteers? I know you want donations, and so I will encourage my listeners if you want to donate to this wonderful cause. It's Mustang Journey dot org. There's a little donate button. But how about just folks who would like to spend some time there mucking or leading or doing whatever. Does you need them to do?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, We're always looking for volunteers, you know, to support Mustang Journey. And typically the draw to Mustang Journey is the care team that I mentioned, Folks that just want to kind of mountain just you know, take care of them, you know, feed water, mock, pick up a miller and you know, and just spend time with them. But they can certainly reach out to us, and there's obviously some some paperwork that they would need to fill out, and yeah, just and and get started. You have two or three orientations, depending on the level of horse knowledge.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 11: You know, when you feel comfortable being the in the pen and taking care of them, then we'll just kind of not turn you loose, but go through the orientation and then you can start taking care of them. That we have a we have a community. We have a we have a community calendar h that you can you can put your name on a certain time. It's called time tree and uh you can put your name on the on the calendar when you want to. If you once a week, once a month, twice a week, it's up to you.
Speaker 2: That's wonderful. I have a feeling you may get some calls on this or some some outreach and I see on your your website how much a bail of hay is, how much the grain is, and you know, veterinary visit and all that. There's donation levels. You can be a sponsor of a horse for a full year at a certain level, so there's a multitude of ways to help out. Or you can just show up and and help them clean the stalls out and work with some beautiful mustangs and they are absolutely beautiful beasts.
Speaker 1: Troy Day, thanks.
Speaker 2: For the time you spend with my listeners today and explaining Mustang journey to my listening audience. I think it's a wonderful thing you're doing. And keep up the great work, and uh hopefully we'll have you back on the show down the road again sometime.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, I appreciate thank you for having me certainly appreciate it, and like to invite you and your wife out, come on out and meet the Mustang.
Speaker 2: Well, get the horse part out of her system for a little bit. She grew up on a farm and had a horse when she was young, so that's where that comes from. And thanks again for the work.
Speaker 11: The way you can, you know, have somebody else take care of the horses and you can just come out and spend time with them.
Speaker 2: I like that idea, man, I like that idea. And thanks again for helping the American and first responder Troy Day. It's been a real pleasure. Mustang Journey dot Org is where you find the organization and help him out in some way. Troy, take care of yourself and keep up the great work. It's seven twenty two at fifty five KR. See the talk station bottom of there. We're gonna hear from Daniel Davis with a deep dive, So to stick around for that. Seven thirty here fifty five CARCD Talk Station a very happy Friday, and so please do a special edition with retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis since we missed out on an opportunity due to a technical glitch. You know, sometimes without Joe, the show don't go, even though Seaman Man is doing a wonderful job covering for Joe. Better late than never. Welcome back Daniel Davis at the fifty five KRCY Morning Show. It's as always a pleasure talking with you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm just feeling really like almost withdraw symptoms from heaven not talk to you on Tuesday, so I'm glad we made it up.
Speaker 2: It's always an enjoyable and engaging discussion and very informative. And I didn't get a topic from you, but I kind of assumed it would be a continuation of our ongoing discussion over the situation between Russia and Ukraine. And if you want to go in a different direction, that's fine. But I had to ask you about this because my friends over Breiitbart were reporting that the British Defense Minister was meeting yesterday they got around thirty countries to move forward with plans on deploying troops to defend Ukraine or otherwise, you know, after a peace deal is negotiated to secure the perimeter or something. They said two hundred military planners from thirty countries were working to develop plans for deepening European involvement in Ukraine. But here is the and it's not funny because we're talking about war and we're talking about people dying. But as briip Art right, real quick, as breibart Rite's building a force big enough to act as a credible deterrent is proving a considerable effort for nations that strength their militaries after the Cold War, I mean, no kidding, I mean without us, they can't even defend themselves. How are they going to take on this large responsibility when they don't have any armies of any size any longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is truly bizarre.
Speaker 13: I'll say their meeting, by the way, that was the Coalition of the Willing Military arm meeting there yesterday.
Speaker 1: You're talking today.
Speaker 13: The defense ministers are meeting in Germany to talk about nuth aid, which apparently just a couple hours ago was released like twenty twenty one billion dollars in additional aid something like that. But I mean it's puzzling because the Russians are saying, hey, we're working with Trump to try to find a way to end this war, but we keep telling you that no NATO countries will be allowed any kind of a peacekeeping force at all. It's a complete and total non starter. So then the question has to be if we're telling you that is not even on the table for the Russian side, and you can't have them in there unless there's an agreement on both sides, then why are you going down a path that is not going to be acceptable to anyone?
Speaker 1: It is bizarre to me.
Speaker 13: And then, as you said, it's also alarming because they can't even come up with enough people even to put on paper that could go up in there. And I don't know that they realize it, but that is signaling significant weakness to the Russian side to get more bold because they see that their paper military on the whole Western side, and that's something that should trouble all of us.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, and I'm certain Russian intelligence is painfully well obviously aware of the limitations of the European Union's military forces. But you're I mean, you understand military warfare and deployment of troops This isn't like if they had a sizable military force and sufficient assets and missile systems and weapons systems and satellite capabilities, they had everything they need in order to wage a potential war. They're not that far away from Ukraine. I mean, they're right there on the perimeter. It's not like deploying forces from you know, the Gulf of Mexico I'm sorry, Gulf of America over to Saudi Arabia and and and and even to launch missiles at the Huthis that takes a long time. But if you're already in you know, Western Europe, it's not that far of a drive to get to Ukraine, right, I mean missing something?
Speaker 13: No, And in fact, we you know, when I grew up in the Cold War in the in the army, in the US Army there, and we used to have what's called Reforger or return Forces Germany, where we would do this big movement every year or two, would send you know, huge numbers of forces and be tens or hundreds of thousands of troops would take part from all the different NATO countries moving around to show that we had the capacity to physically fight in the event that the Soviet Union ever invaded.
Speaker 1: Well, now then.
Speaker 13: You see that how far the whole, the whole NATO itself has deteriorated, that it can't even muster a handful of thousands. I mean, originally they were looking for as far back as December two hundred thousand peacekeepers, and then they said, well, maybe one hundred thousand. Now then they're saying maybe thirty thousand. Yeah, and they're having a hard time with that. What kind of signal does that send to your potential adversary on the Russian side, who, by the way, have expanded to one point five million active troops and growing.
Speaker 2: Well, that is I mean, I suppose one could characterize it as an as an existential threat, but recognizing that you're still talking about some nuclear armed countries in spite of the fact they have very few people to you know, wage a war, you're still looking at the potential of the you know, the holocaust like nuclear holocaust scenario, which is the only thing I suppose that prevents Russia from actually going in and invading Western Europe, which I don't really believe. And maybe you've got some thoughts on this that that's something Vladimir Putin wants to take on.
Speaker 13: No, he does not want to do that, but he is building up a force that could do that if he feels that he is threatened to the point to where the NATO nations are actually thinking about going beyond where they already have, which is supporting a war against Russia, and if they don't reach a peace agreement.
Speaker 1: They're saying, hey, at some point.
Speaker 13: If we can't assure our security on our western flank through negotiations to end this war, then we'll take whatever actions we need to to go first. There are many in the Kremlin that are pushing hard for that. I'll just tell you straight up. I see it in the Russian media. They have been very open. I'm talking Russian state media has been very open about saying that's what we should do. They're building a force that could potentially do that. Meanwhile, we're just talking on the other side. And Brian, all of this puts in great relief that when you look at what we talked about a lot, the balance of power between the two sides is just irrevocably on the Russian side for the Russia Ukraine War, It's now evident it also extends into the NATO alliance and instead of recognizing that and going, holy crap, let's get this war over with and see if we can fill the holes here, they're ignoring the reality, still trying to pretend it's back during the time I was serving and when Reforger, when the balance of power was evil equal, And instead they're continuing with this fiction that they're going to try and beat Russia through Ukraine.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make any sense at all.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, looking forward, let's assume the worst case scenario that Okay, the warmongers that surround Pewton have their way and Russia goes ahead and tries to take over Western Europe. I don't care if they have two million troops, how many millions of people live in Western Europe. I mean, you can't. You can't hold the block, if you know what I mean. If you've got enough people, you know, willing to take pot shots and random Russian soldiers, you got this potential long term, you know, unsustainable girl of warfare. I mean, think about we were in Afghanistan for how many years, one single country, and we ended up pulling out. The great American might, the great American military couldn't hold one country. And I don't know the size of maybe Texas or something. I don't know what the geographical realities are, but when you really practically think about this, it's almost it seems like an insurmountable challenge.
Speaker 13: Well see, and that's that's if Russia wanted to occupy all of Europe, which they don't even even in. And the version what they're talking right now, these warhawks in the Moscow side is that they just want to defeat the military capacity of NATO and then so that they can ensure that they're safe because there won't be a threat, and then they would return home. So this is more like an exponential expeditionary event, not a conquest event.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I think that boiled down though, that's bluster on the part of the warmongers over in Russia, because as you and I have just talked about, the NATO alliance isn't really a threat.
Speaker 13: Well there's that, and maybe that's why Russia or Putin himself has pushed back against the hawks, because he said they don't really represent a threat, but they do want this.
Speaker 1: War over, yeah, and they're willing to do whatever it takes.
Speaker 13: And I think that that's where they could and according to General Sersky this morning.
Speaker 1: I just saw it just before we came on an air.
Speaker 13: He said that the Russian offensive that they've been warning about began apparently yesterday the day before. It's apparently a slow greet, but it's an increase in the Zaparisia and in the Sumi area in the north.
Speaker 1: And we'll see where that goes.
Speaker 13: But Russia may be deciding to just solve this on the battlefield if they can't get a diplomacy.
Speaker 2: Well, and the more they take over, the better their position becomes in a negotiation, and maybe that may be the point of moving in. You know, if you guys aren't sitting down at the table and working on terms that are at least palatable to the Russians, because guess what, we're winning and we continue to win, and you're running out of soldiers and munitions. I'm sorry, you don't have any negotiation here. So let's get it over with. You give us the Russian occupied primarily Russian people regions, that's what you know we want. We'll let you have the rest of Ukraine because they don't want to send there, you don't want to send there. Let's get this thing over with because that's the obvious conclusion if you're going to negotiate piece, that's what's gonna happen, right.
Speaker 13: Brian, Listen, I think I'm gonna see if I can't get a hold of President Trump this morning and puts you in charge of the negotiating game, because you got it, you have it figured out, and we just need to make sure that you bring Europe alongside your obvious logic and ration thought there, because that's the only way this is going to get to an end, because no war is going to end until one side at least recognizes finally that they can no longer continue to put forth effective resistance and to the point of where they go, all right, we either keep fighting and dying or we make a deal. And apparently the West, certainly it's not, and I guess Ukraine hasn't gotten to that point either. So we have a new Russian offensive and we'll see where that goes.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, maybe they can play this conversation to the collective that's going to be meeting today. All I'm saying is, you know, listen, we lost Vietnam. We pulled out and we lost, but you know what, now they're a trading partner with us so over the long term and ended up working out.
Speaker 1: We licked our wounds. We looked bad, and you know you move on right. It's time to do this.
Speaker 2: It's time to quit killing. End the story. Daniel Davis Deep Die find them online, listen to this podcast. I always love the conversation, Danie'll look forward to and actually not next season. I'm off all week. Next week I'm taking a mental health week. Got to have one ever once in a while, So I'm taking the week off. But fast forward a week from Tuesday, we'll hit the ground running again.
Speaker 13: Well, look forward to it, and I'll let you know what President Trump says about you being the negotiating team.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Take care of yourself. My brother will talk soon.
Speaker 1: Seven.
Speaker 2: If it's five KR Seed the talk station, it's seven fifty fifty five car Seed Talk Station. After having a happy Friday, Hey, Sean went opened the phone lines up just in case somebody wants to call. I want to thank again as I had such a wonderful time hearing vivik Ramaswami last night at the Warren Kind of Republican Club, and I had the I was blessed with the opportunity to introduce him. But just the guy is great. If you haven't heard him speak, if you haven't met him in person, and when you have an opportunity, please do so. He will be the next governor of the state of Ohio absent something insane going on. I can't imagine Ohio flipping blue between now and then. And I can't imagine anybody voting for Amy Lockdown acting think about that. I always think of that the Blues Brothers. You know, you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here when the bar closed. You can stay here, but you can't order a drink after ten pm. But what the hell that's going to stop COVID from spreading. What a bunch of nonsensical garbage that you and I lived through. And as it turns out, apparently the China has now admitted or rather there's this new report out. I'm going to get my stories about China mixed up, a new report out that the Biden administration sat on talking about this. The spread of COVID nineteen started a couple of months before it was actually let out to the public that there was such a thing as COVID nineteen. Going on twenty twenty two Defense Department report, described as long withheld by the Biden administration, has now surfaced, revealing that seven United the State's service members showed COVID nineteen like symptoms after having competed in the World Military Games in yes Wuhan, China. This is months before the virus broke out in the United States. Discloser now suggesting the virus was circulating around the city of Wuhan months before China let the world know in December of twenty nineteen that it was circulating. The games took place in October twenty nineteen. According to Fox News reporting, this report was legally required to be released publicly online more than two years ago in a searchable format that's in quote, so it's based upon the obligation, but it only became available sometime in late March of this year, when the Trump administration finally uploaded it to the Defensive Apartment's website. Given credit to the Washington Free Beacon outloard report of the Bide administration did send copies of the report to the House and Senate Armed Services Committee back in December of twenty two, but the report was never made available online by the administration. Says that there was no significant outbreak of COVID nineteen like symptoms at Defense Department facilities after the athlete's return, although service members were not tested for COVID nineteen or antibodies as testing was not available at that early stage of the pandemic. So it's certainly possible that this was spreading around and people were struggling with COVID nineteen like symptoms, but they didn't put their finger on it being COVID nineteen because the world wasn't aware of it yet. Apparently, other international athletes reported having come down with COVID nineteen like symptoms, according to Daily Mail reporting back in June of twenty twenty one, and they say the Games have long been suspected as a super spreader event because it took place close to the Wuhan Institute for Avirology. Don't drink after ten o'clock, Tom, Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for calling today.
Speaker 10: Why good morning, Brian. How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, man, It's Friday. I'm always doing creatd on a Friday, especially when the precedes me taking a week off.
Speaker 3: Ka.
Speaker 14: I figured i'd better get in now before you take your week off. I'm I'm getting very close to wrapping my job up, but you see, and and hopefully getting back on more of a normal schedule.
Speaker 2: Well normal meaning we're going to start hearing back from you at five point thirty in the morning on weekdays.
Speaker 10: Oh absolutely.
Speaker 14: I mean if I if I wasn't having to start work at five o'clock, you would have had to endure all my rants for the last year.
Speaker 10: So it's it's been a tough year.
Speaker 2: Well, I've missed hearing from you, but we do have your don't vote Democrat on SoundBite format and do run it occasionally. I don't know if you've ever heard heard us play it, but it certainly comes in handy from time to time, and it makes me thinking of Tom.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to hear from you. Everything good in your world?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, it doing all right.
Speaker 14: Recently, have to give props to my lovely bride. I've gotten into golf the last couple of years, a little late in life, but hey whatever, started playing some golf. And I've yet to play in Ohio, but just a couple of weeks ago i played Tory Pines. Oh yeah, in La Joiah. She heard me talking about it, and my birthday was coming up, and she booked me a tea time for Tory Pines. I got to play both courses, and uh I got to give her all the credits. She set the whole thing up and we had a We had a wonderful week out in the San Diego area. Beautiful place to visit.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. That is a long course.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's the courses are long, but it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: I played that course. Actually, I'm not much of a golfer. My dad did insist that I learned how to play golf, and so the partner at the firm that I was working for, we were out there on business and we ended up playing Tory Pines and we walked it and I remember I was just exhausted by the.
Speaker 1: End of that bro.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, why does anybody play this game?
Speaker 10: And did you play the North or South course?
Speaker 1: I don't remember. I just remember it was long.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they're both they're both pretty long. So yeah, that was good time. I recommend visiting, but damn man, it's expensive out there. It is pricey. I think the keep US I pay for gas was four sixty nine or something like that.
Speaker 10: Everything there, Yeah, everything's expensive.
Speaker 14: But you know your last story you just did with the uh, with the whole COVID thing. If people haven't figured it out by now, how much we're being lied to by the Democrats especially Uh, I don't I don't know what else is going to take to get people to understand that you cannot, we cannot ever let the Democrats gain any power or control in your in your town, your counting, your state, and especially not the federal government.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 14: Whatever we got to do to make sure they don't have any power over anything. Don't let them have the Senate or the House back, don't let them get the presidency.
Speaker 7: All that.
Speaker 14: We we've got to make sure that doesn't happen because we are, we are reeling from the damage of the last you know, you say four years, Really it's been.
Speaker 10: Going on for a lot longer than that.
Speaker 14: It so finally, you know, it's gonna take a bull in a china shop like Trump and and Elon Musk to come in here break things down. Unfortunately, that's what's kind of happen. So people don't panic, it's relax. It's gonna get fixed.
Speaker 7: And the only way.
Speaker 14: It's gonna continue is if you keep voting for Republicans to keep them in there so they can fix things with all their problems they have. Whatever you do, don't vote Democrat. Have a great day, Bryan Coo.
Speaker 2: Waiting for that brother. You too good to hear from you after a while. Seven fifty seven The Coming up Douglas, Captain Douglas Ernest The Spirit of a True Patriot. That's the book we'll be talking about right at the top of our news eight o six I fifty five p r C be Talk Station. By time's switching, You're on a very very happy Friday. I having a little extra good mood. Not that I don't love being here and talking to my listeners and enjoying engaging in conversations during the fifty five KC Morning Show, but every once in a while I do need a little time off. So I'm taking what I'm calling a mental health vacation next week, Gonna sleep in, and I'm gonna do my best to try to ignore the problems of the world. So it's just been I guess maybe a little too long since I took a break. So that's how I'm feeling. And I'm sure that Dan Carroll will cover the situation quite well. Between Monday and Thursday, and then Kevin Gordon's going to handle matters on Friday, so you can enjoy them and take.
Speaker 1: A break from me. Maybe you'll be happier about that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's something you want to talk about. I was supposed to have an author on at this segment, but sadly not answering the phone. I know that always frustrates the hell out of Joe's Treker. Sean McMahon, who's covering for Joe'streker this week, he taking it and stride not taking it personally. But then again, he didn't set the guest up Joe is. That's why he always takes it personally. So anyway, well can take phone calls. Maybe this a particular topic you want to talk about. I did bring it up earlier. I was just really laughing at the situation with the Bengals in Hamilton County now going to Columbus and asking for three hundred and fifty million dollars for pay Corse Dum upgrades which are going to total eight hundred and thirty million dollars. And I mean, it's mind numbing, isn't it. But and I've been given props to the WCPO, who actually interviewed the Mike Dwine among others, but Dan Monk and Paula Christian did the reporting on it.
Speaker 1: So props to them.
Speaker 2: That the Senate Finance Chair Jerry Serena said that nobody from the Bengals are Hamilton kind of reached out to him. I mean the budget just got pasted the other day. That's the one that had six hundred million dollars in bonds for Yes, the Cleveland Browns and they're huge, mega complex. Governor Wine also said he was expressed surprise at requests. He said he met with Alisha Reice last year about the state he but never heard anything further or any specifics regarding a proposal. So big mystery up in Columbus. And apparently no lobbyist on behalf of the Bengals either. Just pretty funny anyway.
Speaker 1: So do we have him now?
Speaker 2: Oh great, Welcome to the I have Cassey Morning Show author Doug Ernest and the name of the book we're talking about this morning, The Spirit of a True Patriot, The inspiring story of retired Captain Doug Ernest, who also now is a successful businessman. Doug, It's a pleasure to have you on the program. Let me start by thanking you for your service to our country.
Speaker 15: Thank you for that wonderful pleasure and that introduction. I cannot say thank you enough.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll get to the business because I think it's an integral part of what you learned from. Obviously a horrific situation in the military. You served in Operation Desert Storm, and as you described in the book, jumping out of your M one thirteen personnel carrier, it sounded a lot like what the experience on the beaches in Normandy. We get all this mortar rounds and gunshots and explosions all around you. I mean, how old were you at the time.
Speaker 15: I had just turned eighteen. I had joined the Army at the age of seventeen, spent six months in training, infantry, airboard school, and some other classes, and then I went off to Saudi Arabia about two weeks after I finished my training. Eighteen years old when that experience happened.
Speaker 2: Eighteen years old, and you know, I've sort of come to the realization over the years they have a cutoff with enlisting in the military because guys like my age. I'll be sixty in September Doug and Douglas, and you couldn't I have a problem with authority anyway, But jumping out of an M one th thirteen personnel carry amid bombs and blasts and gunfire, that scares the living crap out of me right now. But as an eighteen year old, what was your emotional reaction to that and the other warfare and the challenges you faced during the Operation Desert Storm.
Speaker 15: My emotional reaction.
Speaker 4: Was really simple.
Speaker 15: I had a great one reakingship with the Lord when I was younger, because I was grew up in that type of environment with my family, attending a Lutheran school and always having a presence with the Lord. And I was just communicating with him consistently throughout the day, and so were my brothers that I was with. We were having prayer groups together, we were having spiritual caather, We were every time we could get together. We have each other's hand, and to say, please, Lord, guide us, give us direction, Please ask us the Lord to end this conflict quickly, because not only did we not want to get hurt, but we you know, as human beings and loving men, we don't want.
Speaker 10: To hurt other people.
Speaker 15: And it was hard as a kid. I think the hardest part too, was knowing that I might be inflicting collateral damage on people that we were firing these weapons at. And that was hard for me because I grew up as a kid peaceful. Yeah, I did not want to hurt people. I did not want to. I could not take the pain that I knew if I had hurt someone, I wasn't ready for that yet. That I had learned how to train, I had done this in simulation, but I wasn't ready to actually kill another person.
Speaker 2: Is that the general mindset of the majority of your comrades, because you know, we had this ridiculous notion. And I feel so badly for the men and women and mostly men who served in combat of Vietnam and they got treated so miserably. They were called baby killers, and they got a reputation with all the Hollywood movies depicting Vietnam that they were just running around gleefully killing women and children. I think of, you know, like, uh, the machine gunner and the helicopter at.
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 1: What was that movie?
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter, but that they relished in the fact that pulling the trigger had no concern or care for collateral damage. What's reality as you saw it in Operation Desert Storm.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and it's the opposite is truber what you see in these Hollywood movies when you have these cycle paths that are trying to, you know, inflict damage upon their human beings. Ninety nine point nine nine percent of those that serve in the military in our country are always number one concerned is not hurting somebody else. And if you do have to inflect damage and use these ammunition and these rounds to get your point across to get your territory, you do a shock and all you get the damage over with, you attempt to get the other side to concede so that you can stop. And you know, and we and that's the way we've concted been this in the military. In the last two hundred and sixty years of our country. Has there been some outliers where there was some things that maybe should happen, of course, but that's that one percent of one percent of one percent that happened ninety nine point nine percent of people in the military. And the way that I was trained and brought up in the military is you just have a complete one percent on adulterated shock and all program where you get to your point across and you get it done swiftly and quickly so that the enemy will concede. You can move on and we'll stop the damage on both sides so that the war will come to and end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're talking earlier this morning with a retired lieutenant colonel about the situation with Russia and Ukraine. And we just pray that they'll put end that ridiculous dispute soon because the loss of life is just overwhelming. And you know, your your your faith in God, is I somehow have a sense and having never been in combat or served in the American military of a since if you have a profound belief that your connection with God and that you will be embraced and have this this wonderful after life, having you know, served God and committed to your faith, does that take the pressure off of the idea of dying?
Speaker 15: It does?
Speaker 4: It gives you you know?
Speaker 15: And you use that a few moments ago. You use that example from the movie called The Populips.
Speaker 16: Now people, you know, as a kid, I watched that movie and then later I was put myself on a battlefield and I asked myself, what in the world have I done so.
Speaker 15: Yes, the people that I served with, the majority of us were Christians. We had a few people that were in my platoon that were Buddhists and so forth. But everybody had some type of outer spiritual connection to a Lord or something they believe was a Lord, or something that they believe was their savior. They're guiding universal force. And without me having that universe of force, I don't think I could have mentally or cognitively gotten true. So for me having that spiritual connection to my Lord at that point in my time, not only did it resonate with me and my fellow brother that I was on the battlefield, that gave me that chance to be able to stay connected with the Lord and that relationship with my Savior. It stayed with me my whole life.
Speaker 7: It's with me.
Speaker 15: You know, I just said a prayer, you know, only fifteen minutes ago, to make sure I speak well and I do a good job to you know, to serve my country and to serve my fellow sisters and brothers that are serving right now, so that I can do an excellent job. And I did this relationship where I feel like the Lord comes through me, he guides in my life at a where I'm going to go every day, and it just seems like it's just a part of my life. And I think you know, in our communities in our country, most of our country, about seventy percent of it this Christian base.
Speaker 7: So we do have this.
Speaker 15: Well that do embrace it, do use it. They can actually have a better life, help themselves and to just have a better life that's connected to our Lord.
Speaker 2: So did your service in the American military, along of course with your profound faith which is coming through clearly, did that serve you in your business world? Because I understand that you have a very successful might be jealous about this corvette car dealership in Dallas, Texas. See you sell exclusively corvettes.
Speaker 15: Yes, and absolutely the name of my business is Corvette Warehouse. If you can just Google search a Corvette Warehouse, you can't miss it. We're the largest corvette dealer in the Southwest. And the skill sets in the military absolutely on, definitely, without a doubt, added to the business sense of mine, my business acumen. They teach you skill sets in the military like how to get things done, how to make things happen, how to work with a team, just playing all down to to the nitty gritty skill sets that you need in life to be successful, things that you need to need and life to be happy, to be fulfilled, to be able to work hard, and then no one to take the break and sit on the sideline. So I learned these skill sets and I had the best mentors and the best leaders anyone could ever ask for in the military. When I was in the infantry, I had the best leaders. When I was in a staff job, working at a brigade, when I was doing boring workle supply and signing for millions dollars of equipment and never being on the field, you know, being in a hotel room if you will. I never had a bad leader. I've been so fortunate. I've met so many people. I've everybody in the military, the most nine to nine point nine percent of them want to get ahead. They want to educate themselves, they want to learn, they want to be good parents, they want to be good people that want to take care of themselves physically. So learning these skill sets one percent gave me access to the knowledge. It gave me access where to go get the knowledge I need. And when I got out of the military, I set my goal. You know that I was a hobby that I loved playing with Corvette, that I wanted to do something I love and I was passionate about. And I definitely understood that these skill sets let me into the direction I'm using my falling in life so that I could be good at it, but also having something fun I can enjoy.
Speaker 5: Every day of my life.
Speaker 15: And one of other things I'd like to that book on the Spirit of a True Patriot, I write about the skill sets you learned in the military. You know, the quick heuristics, the shortcuts, theology, being on the move, always doing something, to have your body in motion every day. If you have your body in motion, your inersial forces will propel you forward. You can't be three hundred pounds overweight and expect to be a great business leader. You can't be four hundred pounds overweight and expect to be a great parent, because you're going to pass those skill sets off to your children. So I learned that if I can one and ten percent use the skill sets that I learned in the military and passes off to people, that actually reinforces my skill sets and it gives me a sense of satisfaction to fulfillment that I've done the best I can do by passing off these heuristics that I learned to other people in this world.
Speaker 2: So the name of the book is the spirit of a true pay to the inspiring story of my guest today, Retired Captain Douglas j Ernest. Who are you hoping reads this book? I mean, I obviously had a target audience in mind, and I presume it's maybe the entrepreneurial folks out there.
Speaker 1: But who else might benefit from a book? Douglas?
Speaker 15: You know that's a great question, and I was when I wrote this book. My intent was to direct it towards people that were thinking about military service or those the parents that were thinking about military story, because that's where my aim was. But as I wrote the book, I was told later by friends and colleagues, man, that's a good book. That's a management book, that's an executive leadership book. And I didn't recognize that part of it until after I wrote it, because I had been living this life of leadership and going to leadership school, and it's just ambred character. It's a part of my life. Later when I read it, I've been told, and I reread the book.
Speaker 12: Over and over that it is.
Speaker 15: It is a management book. It is something how you can not only manage a business, manage your life, manage your career, but also have a better life with your physical, with your spiritual, with your children, being a great parent, being involved in your community. It just has just basic shortcuts they teach you in the When I joined the military, I was twenty five pounds overweight. After I joined the military, that weight was gone and I've never put that on. I'm in the best physical shape you can possibly imagine. For the last thirty years of my life. I feel like I'm twenty years old.
Speaker 5: And it's because of this that.
Speaker 15: They taught me in the military. Well, Book of a True Patriot has those shortcuts in there that you can use to make improvements in your life. And I believe it will help anyone that will take the plunge and go spend the fifteen bucks to take the opportunity and buy the book.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'm sure it sounds extremely uplifting and inspirational, and that's a lot. Well, that's a lot of what we need right now. Douglas Ernest, thanks again for your service to our country and for the inspiring book. I'll encourage my listeners to get a copy of it, which will make them easy to do at fifty five KRC dot com. Will add it to our blog page with a link to buy a copy. Thanks again, man, it's been inspiring talking with you. Man, it really has well.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much.
Speaker 15: I greatly appreciate you, and I appreciate you getting the message out to those people out there that need want it some more than's good stuff. So help our nation it prosperous and continue this nation for another two hundred and sixty years.
Speaker 1: Amen to that, brother.
Speaker 2: You have a fantastic week, you too, coming to an eight twenty one I fifty five k site talk station. How about twenty two to three out on rap caught about eighty thirty one to fifty five carsite talk station. A very happy Friday to you, really inspirational Friday on the heels of the spirit of a true Patriot, which, of course, author Douglas Ernest was very, very.
Speaker 1: Very profound man of faith.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to welcome to the fifty five carssee Morning show author of All for his Glory The Near Death Experience of a Modern day job, Pastor David Scarlett. Pastor David is a pleasure to have you on the fifty five carsee morning show today.
Speaker 12: Well, thank you for having me. It's a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Well, and my father had a dear friend of his who was a I think he was a heart surgeon. He was a physician of some sort who ended up on the operating table and died and they brought him back. But when he died, he had one of those you know, post death experiences, and he was in the operating room looking down on the operating table where he was lying. And my recollection is he met his mom who had passed prior to his passing, and had this unbelievable post death experience, only to be revived by the wonderful physicians who were taking great care of him at the time, and from that point forward he didn't have a care or worry in the world. My understanding is something comparable that happened to you. You were a former US marine and you're telecommunications executive and also founder of His Glory Ministry. Tell my listeners about your story in brief, which of course they're going to read about in your book.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's exactly very similar to what you just described. I was the least likely still in the least likely person on the face ear to be a pastor and run a ministry that reaches twenty five million people in every country of the world. But God had a different plan. I rose the corporate ladder after being a marine, a three director of three portram in our companies, lots of ego, lots of money, and the Lord had a different plan. So on seven seven seven, I got a bad chili dog which had botulism toxin and I ended up dying three times. The first time that they put me into the Cleveland clinic was Friday the thirteenth. I died that night, but I didn't have an near death experience. They revived me, could put me on a breathing tube, and then they tried to pull the plug again. And that's when I went to have it. I immediately saw the panic on the doctor's look on their faces. And when you're in the Cleveland clinic, I see you, and you see the Cleveland Clinic doctor's panic, you know it's probably not good. And the pain took There was no pain, there was no anxiety. Life took me up to the saw the beauty of heaven. This just unbelievable, joy, peace, love, pake sures everything is more vivid than we ever see here on the earth. Everything was more of The music was music that I've never heard ever. He showed me these beautiful mahogany pictures of my life from the time I was born to the time to the age. So I had to be dead, for I wasn't having probably ten fifteen minutes, maybe more, but I think I was only clinically dead for two or three minutes. And he showed me a couple of key things in those pictures. First, those pictures would never take in in my entire life. Those are pictures that he took. He showed that in heaven, those pictures were perfect, because Heaven is perfect. But he later told me that my report card was empty. There's nothing I did good for him in those pictures. So he brought me back and I was just couldn't believe I'd just experienced heaven. They stabilized me, and just as I coming back, I said, I didn't see Jesus when I was in heaven. I said, Lord, I want to see Jesus. I prayed that because I couldn't talk. And before I even got that prayer, right at the end of my bed, was the Messiah Jesus, and he was just glowing, beautiful, beautiful blue eyes and just absolutely love, peace, joy, hope, and just overtook the room. So I knew exactly what you said that I had no fear from that point on. And then it went really bad. I had five surgeries, woke up in the stomach surgery right well, they're operating on me. Collapse, along, pneumonia, you name it. It happened just barely hanging on. They finally got me stable to pull the plug again.
Speaker 4: And as soon as they did, they.
Speaker 12: Had all the top doctors and there's probably thirty of the top doctors at the Cleveland kind of watching this time to make sure nothing would go rock. And sure enough, as soon as that happened, it started cold blue, cold blue deeping, and I went up. I hovered above them exactly the way you described in the hospital room, and I saw them and they were panicking, and I said, Lord, I feel fine, I feel your love, your joy. I don't why are they panicking? And he said, my son, I'm going to bring you back. You're going to start a ministry called by my name, his Lord. You're going to come out of the world and it'd be used for me. And again, being a director at AT and T, and I was the least likely person to come back to drop everything and do that for him. And he brought me back. And later there was a nurse that was kind of mocking this, saying, you know, I'm not sure if you really experienced this. And then I overheard two doctors that were in the room, and he says, whatever happened in that room, we've never seen a light radiate from the top of his bed of his bed before.
Speaker 2: So when I hear you hear the words the peace of God, which passes all human understanding, you actually did experience a piece of God and do have an understanding about what it is.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, it's absolutely amazing when you get that was called in the Hebrew the shalal, that piece that can only come from Him. You don't fear anything. You don't fear death. People ask me to do you fear death? Not at all. When it's time to go home, I'm going home and I'm not worried about it. One bet. The only thing different this time than the first time is my report card's going to be full because I'm going to do what he told me. To do, be a servant for him and to reach souls.
Speaker 1: Well, David, were you a man of faith before this happened?
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously you experienced an enlightenment like few people would ever understand going through this experience. But how deep was your faith in your connection with with with your with your Christianity and your religion prior to this happening to you?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 12: Well, I was raised. My mother was a prayer warrior. She prayed for me many many years, twenty five years until I would get to the point in my life that I would pick up a Bible. So I thought it was about me. If I was going to get there, it is going to be my own doing. So I was a nine one one Christian. I would only pray when I was in trouble. As soon as the Lord got me out of trouble, I went.
Speaker 1: Back to my worldly ways like a C and E Christian right Christmas in Eastern.
Speaker 10: Exactly, and probably.
Speaker 8: Not even that.
Speaker 12: It's just you know, something that was good that I needed help with, And once he helped me, I was out the door. But I had a severe mentor a marital problem, and that's in the book, and that shook me to my core just before this near death experience, like if I wouldn't have had that, that's what triggered me to say, wait a minute, maybe it's not about me, Maybe I need this search. And I got into the Bible, studied King David, and then.
Speaker 10: That started my walk.
Speaker 12: So I truly believe that if that wouldn't have happened, I wouldn't have made it to heaven. I thought I was saved, but.
Speaker 5: I was not saved.
Speaker 2: So since you talk about it in the book, I guess I can ask you, perhaps was your marital issues work related?
Speaker 1: Perhaps?
Speaker 12: Yes, I was a workaholic and my wife I took over as a director for Ohio and had to move my wife and young step daughter, and I was just a workaholic and that created an affair on her part that went really bad. And most people would have just left.
Speaker 4: But I had a choice, do I leave or do I.
Speaker 12: Stay and humble myself? And how am I going to get out of this? Because I was always able to get out of things myself through the rising of the corporate world, and I couldn't, so I had to get on my knees and seek the Lord. And that's what started the process and again, if that wouldn't happen, I don't think I would have made it to happen.
Speaker 2: Wow, and amazing what you've done with the ministry. And if my listeners are interested in checking it out, it's his glory dot M the growth of that. It's just I don't know clearly you have been blessed. I would imagine you were blessed in business, but your life wasn't fulfilled. This happened to you, Lord Almighty. You almost ate a hot dog to die, and then you built this amazing, huge church. I'm just reminded of if there was a line from the movie Pappion a Steve McQueen and he was standing as a dream sequence and he's stand in front of a judge who says you are guilty of a wasted life.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is that the kind of thing when you're when you when you said that you were told your report card was empty? Is it some sort of Was that that the kind of realization or or is that a way of summarizing how you felt reflecting on your life.
Speaker 12: That's exactly right. You know, you could be the CEO of AT and T. You could create the iPhone. At the end of the day, that doesn't impress God, and it doesn't matter. It's only what we do for him once we accept them in our heart and become servants. And that's hard for people to get up the ladder and to become a servant and give that all up. But that's that's why Satan was thrown out of heaven.
Speaker 10: Is his pride.
Speaker 4: We have to get rid of pride.
Speaker 12: God can't work with a pride, and once we get rid of that pride, we can be used for his purpose.
Speaker 4: He can do amazing.
Speaker 12: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you what, Pastor David Scarle has been a real inspirational conversation. I'll have my listeners get a copy of every book. We'll put it on my blogmin podcast page fifty five carosee dot com. All for his glory the near death experience of a modern day job. You know, I'll tell you what. While you're you're you're you're dealing with other of the of the deadly sins, figure out a way to get rid of the sin of envy. I think that is the root of most all of society's problems. Yeah, I agree, David. It's been a pleasure having you on the program, So keep up. The great work, and I'll encourage my listeners to get a copy of the book and get inspired themselves.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much, and God bless you, and God bless your career listeners.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir. Have a wonderful weekend. A forty fifty five carosee the talk station, fifty five par CD talk station. Damn right, it's a wonderful world.
Speaker 1: Jeez, are.
Speaker 2: A red blue.
Speaker 1: See we're looking in the right place. Well, I am looking in the right place today. I always feeling frisky on a Friday, But I do.
Speaker 2: Have next week off, and I'm looking forward to exhaling and decompressing and uh, purging my brain from all of the pollution that is in the news. And it's uh it's a tough road to ho to shut that off and uh, but you know what, you gotta do it every once in while, just exhale and think about what is important in the world and look for those little things the guy called like life's everyday miracles. Could be really tiny, could be something profound, but they're out there each and every day if you're thinking about it along those lines and you're not dwelling on the negative the whole time. So I'm dwelling on the positive this morning, and I'm glad my wife's back in town after her conference, and I am blessed to have been at that event last night. I've been mentioning it quite a few times this morning, and not to dwell on it, but I want to give a shout out to the Bikers for Trump who were I was joking with them, I said, are you like the Hell's Angels at the Altamont concert with the Rolling Stones? And they were cracking up sick. No, We're not here to beat the crap out of anybody, but they were helping out, and help out they did, and I got to meet some really terrific guys. Bikers for Trump, just a fun group of guys, and I've been invited to go on a ride with them. Thank you to to Jeff for sending out the invitation. Let me know that you guys are having a ride at the end of the month.
Speaker 1: I said.
Speaker 2: All the guys I used to ride with have moved away, so I don't do much of a motorcycle riding. So as a consequence, now I have a bunch of guys to go ride with. I don't know if I have to get one of those bikers for Trump vests, but they did say it was okay that I don't ride a Harley. They have all kinds of bikes. They kind of all look like Harley guys, and I think most of them are. But a real great group of guys anyhow, And again props to vv ram Ramaswami, terrific candidate and I'm just excited about him running for governor of the state of Ohio. Also a story I started out with, I did mention it also again, but I just have to bring it back up because it's just it quite frankly, and closing out the show, I hate the phrase it this way. It just pisses me off. I think almost everything that DOGE is doing, not what they're doing, but the revelations they have given us, and it should, it should literally piss off anybody who's paying tax dollars and they're just revealing so much about how little the government gives a whit about how they manage our tax dollars and how simple it seems to have been for a small group of people rifling through the records using computer, artificial and ellligence or however the hell they're doing it have been able to uncover things that you'd think in the normal order of business government would be doing and would have been doing for years and years, and a most decent recent revelation on top of already having found, you know, tens of millions of people that have been dead or never I mean, couldn't be alive. Possibly, they started rifling through the uninsured, the unemployment insurance claims, and only since twenty twenty. It's not like they went back behind twenty twenty, where I'm sure they will find probably thousands and thousands of more of this type of claim but they found out that individuals who are in no way, shape or form possible possibly eligible for unemployment insurance getting unemployment insurance benefits children under the age of five, twenty eight thousand of them. Remember this is just between twenty twenty and I guess maybe we'll say as of yesterday. I don't know if they started doing County are twenty twenty five, but at least since twenty twenty, say four to four years and a few months, twenty eight thousand individuals under the age of five years old collected two hundred and forty five million dollars in benefits fraud much. Now, how isn't that an automatic red flag in the system? Birth date not even legal to work at those ages? Shouldn't it just be immediately chucked out of the system. Don't you think a system that cared would have already been built to just forget or deny that type of uninsurance or unemployment insurance claim two hundred and forty five million in benefits as for those older than one hundred and fifteen, and as the reporting points out, the oldest person living in the United States is one hundred and fourteen. Twenty four thousand, five hundred individuals over the age of one hundred and fifteen fifty nine million dollars in benefits claimed, and then adding insult to injury because you know, you think, well, how much worse can it get? Nine thousand, seven hundred individuals who haven't even been born yet birth dates fifteen years in the future claimed sixty nine million dollars in benefit dose revealed in their words. In one case, someone with a birth date in twenty one fifty four claimed forty one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Fraud much.
Speaker 2: Elon must said, your tax dollars are going to pay fraudulent unemployment claims for fake people born in the future. This is so crazy that I had to read it several times before it sank in, which is really one of the reasons I focus on this this morning. So many times it's just beyond my comprehension. But there you are, and there they were outside of the Warren County Republican Lincoln Reagan dinner protesting. They even made a comment about that. It's like, why what are they doing out there at five o'clock on a Thursday evening. Don't they have anything better to do? Don't they have families, don't they have lives to live that they're standing out there holding a sign that no one can possibly read along Mason Montgomery Road as we drive along in heavy traffic. Look, we're busy trying to find the driveway. We're busy trying to navigate the traffic situation. When don't have time to stop our cars and turn our heads and look at some stupid sign criticizing Elon Musk and doge, which I presume some of the signs had for doing work and exposing this kind of fraud. And this just is a tiny sliver of all the other fraud that they've uncovered in this short period of time. Look at what Donald Trump and his administration have been able to do in this such a fraction, I mean, a few months ferreting out fraud, waste, and abuse, and you know, not done with the work. And according to Donald Trump, you know, Musk will go at some point he's statutorily limited to one hundred and thirty days or whatever. He'll move on and go back to running his businesses and being successful businessman. But the Department of Governmental Efficiency will continue and we can all be thankful for that. Yeah, this is the kind of information you just kind of have handy with you when you run into one of those people who's calling Elon Musk satan or something like that, because you know they can't defend themselves and you hand them information like this, you're like, you're against this.
Speaker 1: Do you pay taxes anyway?
Speaker 2: Tech front of with Dave Hatter, your car is exploiting how your car can apparently spy on you if you get one of those head units, it's got a camera in it that records the inside of your car.
Speaker 1: For reasons that sort of escaped me.
Speaker 2: But New York City Police Department now sending drones all over the place sort of really orwelly in reality. That and then the latest car technology driving people nutcase. That's a great conversation it always is with Dave Hatter trying to keep us out of trouble. Troy Davis this great trust and Valor program he's doing with the Mustang Rescue out in Gosh and you can get involved in that one. It's great therapy for those struggling with post traumatic stress. But it's Mustang Journey dot com. If you want to just hang out with the horses, rehabilitate them, clean up, spend some time with them, great opportunity exists and they could certainly use the help financial or just as a volunteer. And of course if you're a military veteran or first responder, you can get some great therapy working with those beautiful, beautiful horses. Daniel Davis Deep dive. Yes, the situation Russia and Ukraine getting worse for the Ukrainians, and of course European countries really can't effectively do anything about it. Captain Douglas Ernest The Spirit of a True Patriot. The inspiring story of Retired Captain Douglas Ernest and an inspirational story from Pastor David Scarlett all for his glory, near death experience of a modern day job. Sean McMahon, thank you for helping me out all week. You did a wonderful job, my friend. I hope you have a wonderful week next week, and I'll be back the following week, folks.
Speaker 1: Terrific weekend to you.
Speaker 2: Fifty five care See dot com for all the podcasts, and stick around Lundbeck's coming right up.