Speaker 1: So we continue on Fred Rogan Rodney Pete at A five seventy LA Sports Big Time Reminder, Spotlight twenty nine, Casino tomorrow and Coachella. Come on out, be there be a part of it. Want to see you noon to three.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Give it away opening day tickets, not opening day, opening week tickets for the Boys and Boys upon date. We're giving away a Westinghouse fifty five inch TV and two hundred dollars. Again, I don't know why you're getting two hundred dollars. Maybe you can pay to ship at back. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I've been reading two hundred dollars, read every every dollar count.
Speaker 1: I understand. Maybe I don't know why, but we're giving you two hundred dollars. I don't know why we're not giving you fifty dollars with a ticket. It's but we're giving you two hundred dollars with this. We are giving you a Christian Decoyer signed jersey, Eric Dickerson signed jersey, all kinds of stuff. Want you to come out AM five seventy LA Sports dot Com Slash Promotions, get their register and be out there tomorrow. We could do a good time. People, come on out. We had a good time.
Speaker 2: Last year when we did it, it was a lot of fun, a lot of stories, a lot of surprises. And I don't mean surprises that you know in terms of gibaways, but I'm just surprises in terms of where the conversation turns. We don't know when it's gonna happen, but it always does, and so just get ready to have some interesting conversations.
Speaker 1: Well, one of the issues is Rod need to be honest with you when Eric's son, We never know what's going to happen. We really don't. And then when you throw Chris into the mix.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and see those two go at it. It's it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: It really is a fun time.
Speaker 2: Yes, it should be a uh, they need to put the viewer discretion advised listener discretion is five hide the women and children, you know, no holds barred kind of discussion.
Speaker 1: Which is great. It is great, all right.
Speaker 2: That seven second delay might be a fifteen second delay, Fred, But.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. If you're there before we hit the delay for the air, you'll actually hear what was said. Yeah, because the way it works, if you're there, you'll hear it. And if we have to dump it, you won't hear it on the air. So there are things said there that you won't hear on the air, but you'll hear there. Yes, I'm trying to remember. You know, I don't want to talk out of school. But why wouldn't I wouldn't because I always do. Of course you do. I can't remember if last year Christian told the story of the women he met while he was playing in the NFL. I can't remember. Do you remember if he did that? I don't. Oh, is that a dinner? I can't remember which one it was?
Speaker 2: No, they are all blurred together, right, was Ooh? Dinner was definitely an HBO night. Dinner was definitely an HBO after dark night. Yeah, but I don't remember the story, and I don't know if he told it on the air off the air, But the fact that you brought it up and the way you brought it up, I'm assuming that that conversation happened at dinner.
Speaker 1: Well, good, then I can bring it up to him on the ear tomorrow. We'll let it. We'll see how that goes. Yeah, anyway, come on out. We're looking forward to seeing you. We're really gonna have a great time. And again we got you cover. We're gonna feed you. We got you hooked up. Come on out Coachella Spotlight twenty nine. Just jump on that tin and keep driving. You're not gonna drive all the way to El Centro or Brawley. You won't end up in Arizona. No, that going to blike not going to Blythe, not going to Blythe. And when you're out and the weather will be great. So come on out, be a part of the show. All right. So here's what Bill Plaski wrote. Now, you remember a couple of years ago, he guaranteed they were gonna win a World Series of Dodgers. You did, and we all know how that went. And then he tried to accept some team called the Diamondbacks got on a roll. Fred. Yeah, And I didn't blame him because I thought they were gonna win the series that year as well. So now bet he said he would never do that again. I will never ever do that again, And he hasn't. Now he's just written they're invincible. They're not gonna win the world He didn't say that, he just said they're invincible. Now, Dodger fans understand something. And we had Tanner Scott's news conference on earlier. Maybe we'll play a few of his comments later. But understand this, and we've lived this before. On paper, this team is a monster. On paper. This team should win, really shouldn't lose a game. They should be one hundred and sixty two and zero. I mean on paper, that's how good they are. Around the country, people hate the Dodgers. They are the villains of sport because on paper they should win everything. But we've seen that movie before. We know how that movie could play out, because on paper, in the past, they should have won. Now, they weren't loaded like this, but they were loaded and everybody assumed they would win and they didn't. So everything they've done puts you in a position to be really in the conversation, and that has sustained success. Yeah, they should win. That doesn't mean they will. It only puts you into a position where you should be there, and then who knows what happens. So when Bill wrights they're invincible on paper, they're pretty damn good, and in practical application they should be as well, because we know all of those guys. But I would ask you to consider last year during the regular season, the trials, that tribulations that Freddy Freeman went through that wasn't as great as year. Okay, now in the playoffs it was a different story. So I just think it's it's probably a little much to say they're invincible.
Speaker 2: Probably, no, it's inappropriate to say they're invincible, because you still have to play. It's still we are not AI and we're not human. I mean, we're not robots going out there looking at the paper and saying, Okay, this is how AI would, this is how AI would map it out, and the Dodgers sweep whoever on paper they should. You still have to go out and play, which is the beauty of it. So they're not invincible.
Speaker 1: They're not. But you want to believe that.
Speaker 2: You want to believe that there's nothing that can get past the Dodgers that they can't overcome. But unfortunately, and real life plays us out why we love sports so much and why it's still the last area and my people still spend so much money watching it and betting on it and all that kind of stuff because you don't know fred you don't know the outcome, and so that's the beauty of it. So, yeah, they're invincible until they play.
Speaker 1: I think that's fair yeah, every night when they go out there, we'll see how invincible they are. But I just don't want people to make a mistake. And I know how fans get, and I know how Dodger fans get. Oh well, you look at this team and we're gonna murder everybody. No, no, all Andrew Friedman has done, and Brandon Gomes and stand Casting and Mark Walter. All they have done is assembled a piece of a number of building blocks that put them in a position to have perhaps the best chance to win it all going in. But it is a long season. And during last season, I would say the same thing, don't get too up, don't get too down. Just don't because it doesn't matter until you get to what it does. And I think as a show we stayed pretty even keel last year. Didn't get it two up, didn't get two down. When ten in a row lose three in a row, it didn't matter. You're playing for something much bigger. And in the case of the Lakers, for example, I'm saying the same thing, don't get too up, don't get too down. They beat Boston, they don't beat Boston, that's okay. The difference in that situation is I'm not saying because you're playing for something bigger in that situation. I'm saying because it is what it is, and there's a distinct difference. When the Dodgers go in, you expect them to be there at the end. That's how they're going to earn their money. In theory, on paper, it's not going to be luck. If they end up there, it's not going to be boy they call it lightning in a bottle. No, or on paper. They have gone out and committed the money, it assembled the building blocks, and they should be there. That's not luck getting there. Maybe it'll take luck to win it, because there's always luck involved, but getting there that ain't lucky. They should be They're going to be there, they will be there, right, So it's not lucky. Right. So with the Dodgers, don't get too up, to get too down, because the real prize is down the road and the expectation is they will be compete eating for the real prize. With the Lakers, don't get too up, don't get too down, because that is what it is. I mean, maybe in their minds, maybe Lebron and ad as competitors, believe we're gonna win the NBA title. They're not I'm not gonna win it. So don't get too up and don't get too down, because at the end of the day, that's what it is. It's the same philosophy but applied in different ways to two teams in this market. Like the Clippers. You get really excited if they beat a good team. Why nobody expected much, So that's really cool. Wait, but do you though, Fred, do you get overly excited?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like it when they be I know what, I know.
Speaker 2: It doesn't the Celtics last night, right, would you be shocked overly excited?
Speaker 4: Or O?
Speaker 1: Hum, it's regular season and they beat the Clippers.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: If the Clippers had won that game, yeah, I thought that was pretty cool. That was a good one. I would I thought that's pretty cool. But would you have been shocked? No? I wouldn't have been shocked. And here's why. Because both of the local basketball teams are what they are. They're good, not great. They're not bad. They're an average NBA team with some guys you know, well, on any given night, an NBA team can beat another one if you're competitive and good and they're good. They're both good, neither one great, So a good team can win on a given night, but if you use the blueprint of but it really matters in the NBA in April May. I don't see anything happening for those two teams then. And the Lakers are what they are finding guys on a periphery to help. They still haven't found those guys. The Clippers next year have some money so they can go out and try to make a splash and get some help for Harden and KWHI Okay, I like the Clipper supporting cast one hundred times better than I like the Lakers right now, one hundred times better. So for those two teams, you know, if they beat the Celtics, it's like the Lakers. You beat the Celtics tonight. That's cool, that's cool, that's good, but ago, but it doesn't mean they're gonna win the NBA title. And I think what's happened is the level of expectation the Dodgers have set in the market colors your view of everything. Now. The expectation because of the Dodgers is these guys going to be there at the end. Again, can't guarantee it, but that's the expectation because of what they've done. Even the Rams have somehow created their own sense of expectation with a team that no one thought would be where it was, and aside from two mistakes, they could be playing Sunday for the championship of the National Football Conference. Okay, I think the Rams have established a bit of an expectation for themselves in the market, but the Lakers and Clippers have not. When you have a team that is so dominant and an ownership group that is so committed, and you see how that plays out, all of a sudden, you feel that way. Well, hell yeah, I expect the Dodgers to do those kinds of things. I expect the Dodgers to make the right decisions. I expect the Dodgers to be there at the end. But what about the other teams in LA. I think it transfers over, especially ran like the Lakers. Well, if the Dodgers are doing that, I expect the Lakers to be there. They've signed Lebron, they have a d but they're not And because of that, you just can't get to what and you can't get too done. They win, that's great, and if they lose, you can't be mad. You can't because it's what they are you. You know, it's terrible. But I'm not saying you're like in Orlando in the NBA. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 2: But it's trying to figure out, Kevin, you help me what pictures Fred trying to paint for us right now?
Speaker 6: I think mostly that you know, the Dodgers have set such a high expectation level that anything less than a World Series championship is devastating. The last couple of years before this, prior season, when they lost in the first round, you're like, oh my god, this guy is falling. They need to fix this. This can't happen for as the Lakers can knock down in the first round of the playoffs, Like, man, really sucks. But I kind of could have seen this coming. Not saying that you're not disappointed and that you don't want them to go deeper. If anything, I'd guarantee you Rodney, that year they went to the Conference finals with Darvin Ham, you were shocked and surprised, like, oh my god, this is spectacular. Yeah, now, you were expecting to build on that and they didn't do it.
Speaker 1: But nobody thought.
Speaker 6: Going into that year, at least I don't think most people thought with Darvin Ham, first year head coach, and the roster that they had, that they make a run to the conference finals, you were surprised by it. For the Dodgers, you're not surprised if they make it to the NLCS. If anything, if they make it to the NLCS and lose, you are greatly disappointed because the expectation level has been set so high. I think that's what Fred is trying to say.
Speaker 1: No, well, that's what I said. Thank you, great, Okay, that's exactly what I said. You're speaking a different language, though. No. I think what I said make complete and total sense, and I think most people agreeing Kevin said made complete sense. Wait, just at what I said, Rodney, really really we did it in fewer words. Somebody he said what I said? All right, Dodger Fancier's a question? Is this team invincible? All right? I mean we had Tanners kan on. All we need is uh Yates and that'll be everybody. Then everybody will have been on once he gets signed. So is this team invincible? A six six nine eight seven two yeah? Way in? It'd be curious to find out. Is that a dangerous word to use? Invincible? Yeah? Or or wait a minute right near. We had a bounds here. Maybe they're invincible. Oh oh okay, let's get into that. It's a six nine eight seven two seventy. Oh yeah, it's the MP day. I mean, not a hop day. It's a throwback day. What am I talking about? Fred? It's a throwback Thursday?
Speaker 2: Man, come on, come on right to Pete, Fred Logan, Man, come on ready all right?
Speaker 1: Eight six six ninety seven two? Are the Dodgers invincible in your mind as we move into spring training? Let's go to Huntington Beach and Kahala is on the line. Kahala, thanks for holding go ahead.
Speaker 7: Fred. I've been listening to you and watching you ever since I was in high school, so it's been a long time. I gave Roberts. You guys are why are you so high on Dave Roberts. He took over the Dodgers. He never should have gotten the job. He stole a base once. Okay, so what.
Speaker 1: Is this real?
Speaker 7: And he has been given real The roster is real, just beyond belief. And he screwed up the World Series against you, sent Kahala. He lost to the Diamondbacks to a bunch of twenty three year old guys.
Speaker 1: Kahala, No, Ronnie, you didn't. You didn't get puddled down. No, no, no, I want to talk to Kahala. Bring him back, bring him back. Okay, good, yeah, you there, Kahla.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question. You got a minute, just one man that can ask you something?
Speaker 7: Absolutely all right?
Speaker 1: Good? What E's wrong with you? What are you doing? What are you doing? Wrong with the guy just won the World Series and no one questions his roster. You could no, no, no, no, Khala wait wait wait no, no one questions the job he did. It's pretty much acknowledged that was one of the great managing jobs in baseball. Why why they had no pitching? Yes, they had no pitching.
Speaker 2: What do you think why multiple guys playing multiple positions?
Speaker 7: All right, you don't have a lot of pitching, but you've got three MVPs in your lineup.
Speaker 8: Overcome that?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no what what why are you doing this? They just won the World Series? What's his winning percentage history of baseball? He's got?
Speaker 2: But you can't take of the dogs, Paul, No, I could not, No, I could you could.
Speaker 7: I could not the.
Speaker 2: Level every Dave Robertson no, no, no, what are you doing.
Speaker 1: To him.
Speaker 7: With my buddies for the last few years?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, when you went round and round with it h with your buddies, did they all look at you and go nokhla be smoking?
Speaker 7: Oh? Yeah, they all think I'm not well.
Speaker 1: Why are you calling us?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 1: Here's my question?
Speaker 7: When I think I have a great point.
Speaker 1: You got at the ridiculous point. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: If you if you criticize him, if you can criticize him every time they lose, don't you have to give him credit when they win?
Speaker 7: Rodney, I would give him credit if like he was the manager of the Baltimore Orioles or the cant of Day Raised. But the Dodgers have handed him a lineup and a roster that how can you possibly lose?
Speaker 1: All right, here's a fair thing to that.
Speaker 7: Why you guys are asking the question if they're invincible?
Speaker 1: Not really, No, that's not why we asked the question, to have you call up and say fire Dave Roberts. But let me ask you.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I'm not saying fire him. Oh, I'm just saying that he that guy gets a lot to credit. Okay, but he has Fred Look at what they did in the last couple of weeks. It's unbelievable what they have given him.
Speaker 9: Series.
Speaker 1: Okayla, hold on, now think about this for a minute. You know, managing a major league club is more than just who's playing tonight and who's in the bullpen.
Speaker 7: You know that, right, I know you got to manage personalities and.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait wait wait wait, go ahead, Rodney, Wow, what did you just say?
Speaker 7: You have to manage the egos of the guys.
Speaker 9: I get that.
Speaker 1: Oh so that is a part of it. Okay, okay, just being yeah, and if.
Speaker 7: You look at you guys, I'm going back to his failures. But why why because he gets too much credit it for last year?
Speaker 1: All right, No he doesn't. All right, goodbye, Cohala, goodbye. But thank you for calling. Thank you. Look Tony and Santa Clarida, Tony, are you there? What do you think? Are they invincible?
Speaker 4: They are invincible unless they start thinking that their minor leaguers are sacred and they can't be traded like they've been doing in the recent past. Where Gavin Luck should have been traded a long time ago, this Kartaya guy should have been traded. The Ruiz guys should have been traded sooner. A lot of the Dodgers could have been better sooner if they would have been willing to trade their minor leaguers. That's why they're taking so long to win the World Series.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, that makes that makes sense. So they won the World Series last year and Gavin Lux was on the roster, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they traded him for nothing. They got nothing for him.
Speaker 1: They didn't need him anymore. They got a young years ago.
Speaker 4: They could have got who him for something better than that guy they got from the Rangers. Remember the picture from the Rangers. There was another team they wanted to give him a picture, but they wanted Gavin Lux and they said no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you don't know there the guy they got for Gavin Lux wasn't I'm trying to remember. Wasn't that the guy that they tried to draft years.
Speaker 4: Ago roster from Cincinnati. He's not even on the roster, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: They don't need him for the roster. Now, that's what I remember.
Speaker 4: Alex Guerrero, that guy choking.
Speaker 1: But listen, they should have traded uh cartaya, Okay, why for what? They didn't need anything?
Speaker 4: You should trade gath LUTs tomorrow.
Speaker 1: But no, they don't need They didn't need it. You hold on to guys, you hope you. You evaluate guys and try to figure out what their ceiling is, and if you think they've hit it, then you move them. Gavin Lux had a lot of upside. They were counting on him. He was a top prospect. They wanted to give him every opportunity, and they really and they really to be fair tony last year. No, he didn't hit three point fifty. You know what. He came around. He hit the ball, he hit the ball. He came up with some big hits. But they went out and signed this new guy from Korea that they really liked. That made Gavin Lucks accessible. I can assure you if they believed Gavin Lux was gonna hit three twenty steal forty bases this year, they wouldn't have trained them. I promise you that.
Speaker 4: So when you guys go to the spring training, don't don't tell us about any minor leaguers. We don't care about any of them. Who cares about him? Okay, thank you, goodbye.
Speaker 2: Don't care about the minor leaguers, hey, which is the reason why the Dodgers are the Dodgers, you know, because their whole system, their whole farm system, top to bottom, is as good as it gets in Major League Baseball and in fact all of sports, because they do scout, draft develop better than anybody else.
Speaker 1: So using Tony and that was good Tony. Okay, we're not gonna mention any minor leaguers, but that means we'll never mention Bronnie James again because he's a minor leaguer in the NBA, so we can't mention him.
Speaker 2: I can't believe Bronni caught astray from you, Fred, No shocker.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm just no, I'm using Tony's philosophy. We should never mention.
Speaker 2: Why would you bring that up? Why would you bring him up in a straight and we're talking about the Dodgers. That's awful, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, I don't know. I don't know. It's just the way you looked at me. It upset me. And I don't even know why I did that, all right, Joy Joey brings some joy in Alpine. Joy. Are the Dodgers invincible? Yes or no?
Speaker 10: It's a It's a joy, a j oy.
Speaker 11: A joy joy, a joy, a joy Okay, as far as I'm being invincible, I mean, I don't think you could ever say that about any team, right.
Speaker 10: We had some great teams that went over one hundred games. We're supposed to be invincible then, and then we show up to a divisional series with like one pitcher left, right, So baseball is a long season, man. I don't think you could say that until you we really figure out where you're at about July August. But I just wanted to kind of touch on something that somebody was saying earlier on one of the calls, just in regard to Dave Roberts. You know, Dave Roberts gets a lot of a lot of you know, people coming after him for he has a team, right, but we got turned guys like Justin Turner, Max Munsey, and you go on and on into household names, and he did that, right, So it's something that we deal with on a daily basis. They said that he didn't steal enough bases, right, We're one of the most aggressive base running teams is last year as a winner, so you know, he gets a lot of slack or some things that I don't think too many baseball fans really pay attention to But to answer your question, I don't think we're completely invincible. I think that we just put together what we can to get to a season. See what we've dealt with in the past, right, and I think it's gonna be awesome to watch. But definitely I want to see where we're at. Come JUNI or July again, right, because we see you had some ro of July is like last year?
Speaker 1: All right, stream of consciousness for a joy? Good job, good job, all right, good job, Lee and Robert. We see you're sitting there, and if you want to hang a minute, we're gonna get John. Yeah, Lee and Robert, you want to hang when we get back, we'll get you right on. Okay, question is are the Dodgers given this roster invincible?
Speaker 2: All Right, here we go home stretch. Rodney beat Fred Rogan. I'm gonna throwback Thursday. Come on now, Freddie Freddy. I'm a little uh wow, I'm a little taken aback by some of a couple of the calls we had.
Speaker 1: Fred all right, well, we gotta get to the rest of them. Gotta get to the rest of them, Rodney before we get out of here. Let's get it. Let's get it all right, let's do uh Lee in Corona and Lee get on here. Make your point. Please? Are the Dodgers invincible?
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, love your show. No, they're not invincible, because, like Rodney says, that's why you play the games. I just want to real quick talk about Roberts for a minute. I know that's not the question you asked, and I'm not a Roberts fan by any means, but he gets a lot of credit for last year with the way he managed the pitchers. Yeah, and what people don't even realize in twenty twenty three, even though they got swept, if it wasn't for its good bullpen managing in games two in Game three, those games would have been blowouts. You know, he couldn't help it when Lynn gave up three straight home runs or four whatever it was to start. It happened so fast. But I'm not a huge Roberts fan, but I don't believe. I believe in being fair. And if you're gonna criticize him, which I've done for twenty seventeen, starting Darvish in Game seven twenty eighteen for taking out richell ye seventh inning against the Red Sox, you gotta be fair, and you also have to give him credit. But no, no team is invincible. And I was just listen to your guys comments and Rodney fight on baby.
Speaker 1: Fight home, right home, Robert in Long Beach, Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Robert, Hey, guys, thanks piking the call. So if there's a Hall of fame for backseat drivers and moneymoon quarterbacks, those previous two guys are in their first ballot, let me tell you. But as far as invincible, invincible is a big word. But I will say to a Joy's point about the pitching injuries in the playoffs, we have got a six man rotation now, five of which are aces on any other team. I think they're gonna go into the playoffs a lot healthier, and I think there's there's a better chance than not that these guys repeat the World Series.
Speaker 1: Guys, all right, appreciate it. Robert in Menafee ne amiyah, go ahead.
Speaker 5: How's it going, guys, Invincible is a is a big word, Like the callers said before, But I like to go back to as saying, I've always been told practice makes permanent, not perfect, and the Dodgers' history has been nothing short of permanent. Everything that they've been doing up to this point has shown us that they are an organization to look out for and shout out to my guy, Victor brick Man. Haven't heard of him in a while.
Speaker 1: All right, appreciate it. Neamayah, let's wrap it up. One final person. Here we go, Here we go. Come on, who you think? Oh it's not Isabelle in Anaheim.
Speaker 2: Ah, hey guy, don't make it quick, Nodren.
Speaker 8: I inventive, so you will win games, your own news game, the Dodgers, every team we news and win game the Dodgers on any any special team. I mean, yeah, I said the team, but they they dare I invincible? So okay, So anyway, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Okay, you too, you too, Isabelle. We love when Isabelle calls. And tomorrow you can write in for your secret decoder ring. We can figure out. Uh that was bad, Ronnie, thank you, Kevin, appreciate it. All right, folks, Tomorrow spot like twenty nine, Casino and Coachella. Get down there. We want to see you. We're gonna have a great weekend and Rodney, I'll see you there. Absolutely