Speaker 1: This is the In This League Fantasy Podcast network, In This League Fantasy Baseball podcast online at in this League dot com. Now here's your host, Bogman and the Welsh. What's up?
Speaker 2: Friendos are welcome into the in This League Fantasy Baseball Podcast. I am the Welsh, that is the Bogman And this is the last couple of days of June. This is the week of June twenty ninth, which gets us into the fourth of July weekend. The halfway point of this, I know, like the theoretical or the you know, the one that people really look at is like All Star Break, but this is like, you know, the a half point of the season that we are rolling out here, which is kind of crazy to think about. We'll be talking about some of the latest news. We'll be looking over the last seven days, some definite new names that have popped up that we're going to get to talk about, uh LUs Garcia in particular, one we're going to get to chat about here. We'll also be taking a look at the pitchers and some closers, a lot of weird closer stuff that's out there. So a lot in store for this episode. If you guys want to support the boys go to. In this League dot Com, you can sign up today for the Prospect the Dynasty ranks. Those are updated. We're gonna have a new one in July, and the July one is gonna be nuts because we're gonna have the MLB Draft, which as we record this is like twelve days away or whatever, so we're gonna have a whole new crop of guys that are going to be joining the crew. Be a part of the conversation, have access to bogmin and I ask questions. You can private message us on Patreon, be in the group me rooms talking baseball with the rest of the people. Think of it like Discord, but it's more tech spased. Some people just don't like Discord. We've always had that, like people are weird about not wanting to be in the tech that can sometimes be very like audio based. But hey, it's a cool place with our like minded people, and you are directly supporting us in this League dot Com. In this League dot Com, Bogman. I also have an episode coming up this week on Fantasy Pros or Betting Pros actually with Joe Pizapia talking about some bets, some of the newest and latest stuff. Won't be talking about that, Jose Ramirez bet might not be talking about to be honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we'll have some new bets on that show. That's that's for sure. But uh Man, tough weekend to be a Diamondbacks fan. Junior Cameranaro just beat our brains in and then I my buddy Joe sent me a text and he's like, this guy's gonna sign with the Dodgers and just beat the brakes off of us for a decade. I think it will be.
Speaker 2: There's no human being hotter than Junior Cameerero right now. We actually started the first leading off and say first pitch. I believe first pitch, by the way, was posted if people are looking out for that, but we started leading off talking about it too. There's literally nobody on the planet hotter right now than Junior Camenaro. Absolutely ridiculous. Diamondbacks helped it. I kind of agree with you. By the way, hitting three twenty nine, three twenty three with nine homers he's ending June he had is actually hysterical. He had a homer every single game against the Diamondbacks. He had three against the Royals, so that is six homers in four games, but it's actually seven homers in six games because he had a homer a couple games prior to the Royals.
Speaker 3: They play a double header in there is that like also in five days?
Speaker 2: No, it was five at bats? Yeah, five at bats ridiculous, dude. I will say, nothing will be more annoying, but maybe whatever baseball thing is gonna, you know, work itself out or whatever. I say, like, nothing will be more annoying than the Rays crying poor and how they have to trade Junior Camanio. Like that's the stuff where you just eye roll, Like I guess it's one thing if a player.
Speaker 3: To San Diego for the entire system.
Speaker 2: No, but it's like it's one thing I guess if you if a player like adamantly does not want to come back and stuff like that, and maybe that'll jump up or whatever. But like like take a Trek scooble or in this case, I imagine Junior Kamanaro loves being a Ray and like teams should have the ability to sign players they do in basketball, you know the super MAXs and stuff like that. You would love to see all teams have a viable option to sign players. It's just when a billion dollars is being thrown at players and stuff like that, Like I don't want to have that. I hate Actually, that is maybe the only thing you know, in all the baseball's nonsense of this stuff, I don't like having. The conversation is is like, well he's going to be a Dodger or a Yankee. That we have the same conversation about every single player, and it's like that. Definitely, you want to see players be able to I want to see players like Byron Buckston. I want to see them want to be on that team for their career and stuff like that. It's just hard when a twenty two year old is pacing to have his like second straight forty plus homer season. He has a he needs twenty six homers to cross one hundred career homers and he's twenty two years old. I mean, this sky's the limit. He and nobody is hotter on the overall basis. He has a batspeed average of eighty miles per hour. Bogman, That's an insane number, Like everything is insane across How how.
Speaker 3: Could that dude want to stay in Tampa though? You know what I mean? Like I would rather go to it somewhere, even if it is the Dodgers somewhere that is going to be in the playoffs constantly. Now, the Rays have done a really good job of making the playoffs with a lower payroll, like historically, they've been one of the best teams at it. I just don't know how much you can depend on that long term. And you're right, it sucks that some of the teams are willing to spend money and some aren't. And hopefully the new CBA will have something in there. I know they discussed maybe contract limits so you can't sign a guy like fifteen years like Juan Soto signed and all that stuff. So don't know what that's going to look like. It seems like the negotiating is just still ugly. So but Cameron Aro is white hot, super young, unbelievable right now and beat our brains hit for the entire weekend.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, me and Joe we're talking about this. Who would you rather next season Cameronaro or Kunya Camon Arow? So, okay, so I know you're going to I kind of knew you're gonna instantly answer that, and that's not necessarily the wrong answer. All the tricky thing about Cameron Aro, unlike all the other first round picks, is he doesn't come with the stolen bases and he just never will. He has zero stolen bases. But real quick, you've got Soto who stole the bases. You've got Bobby Witt, You've got Corman Carroll, You've got Ellie Day La Cruz, You've got Julio Rodriguez. You go across the board. All the first round dudes are significant stolen bases that go with batting average or solid stolen bases with batting average homer potential. They are true five come outcome, true five outcome players. When you look at the first two rounds, the only guys that really don't have that in them is what Camonaro and your Alvarez, Like, I'm not sure I might be forgetting another Nick Kurtz. I guess would be another one of those like those are the only non stolen based guys. You do need elite power to justify it, and he does have that, but like, do you think that makes it tougher for him that there's no stole and he's a four category type of player.
Speaker 3: It does, And what I was gonna say was just asking me who has more upside because it's still Acunya, Like Acunya still has more upside. I understand that, but I just don't think. I don't think Acunya is ever getting back to that insane season that he had. I think he's gonna miss chunks of games moving forward. You just kind of have to plan for it. And as you mentioned before, Junior Camonaro eleven years old, right, like, he turns twenty three on July fifth, so he's still very super young. One hundred and fifty four games last year, he's already eighty one, and that he's played every game or all but one game for the Rays this year. So, and you know, third base probably not as bad as we thought going into the year. There's some guys that have moved up, right, Miguel Vargas has been great, great, so is south Stewart, who still qualifies a third. But well, Jone's argument was third base has become kind of worse, and that's a positional. Maybe it is worse because I am looking at Yahoo, So yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: It's a lot worse than you're thinking. Let me let me ask you a different player then, Okay, Julia Rodriguez. And let's assume Julio's like he was last year, thirty thirty to sixty. Who do you want? Camon Aro Julio. M that's tougher because maybe Akunya is the only thing. The thing that's holding him back is just games played, the injury stuff. So but if you take that out and you look at like the overall like stolen base overall potential, he's kind of struggling with batting average. It's like, would you rather camon Aro or Julio?
Speaker 3: I think it's still gonna be cam and Aro. I just think Camanaro's gonna hit forty five and driving one hundred again.
Speaker 2: Camon Aro or James Wood.
Speaker 3: James Wood.
Speaker 2: James Wood's twenty homers, thirteen stolen bases, two fifty eight average.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I think James Wood has more upside for like, I just I think the power is a little now. I don't know if it's more sustainable than it is for Julio, but he's you know, Julio's in one of the worst hitters environments in Seattle. So Corbyn Carroll or who or Junior Corbyn Carroll?
Speaker 2: Corbyn Carroll's thirteen homers nine stolen bases to seventy eight average.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think the stolen bases will pick up as well, Like there's no reason that there's no reason for him to only be at nine. He has. How many triples does a guy have? Like he's got a time they need to let him. See.
Speaker 2: I guess what I'm getting at is like, is a two sixty twenty five to twenty five guy enough for you to go over Cameron Aro or is it more unique? Because I mean because corbyck Carroll is paid sixty thirty. Okay, but Corby Carroll's not pacing to be to be that guy. Yeah, but he yeah, you know what I'm saying like that, you're right, but he could easily get there.
Speaker 3: You know, one good month, he could have nine stolen bases, ten stolen bases in a month and be right on base. So uh yeah, I think I think it's probably still Carol for me. Okay, Yeah, I mean, and it's like Julio's qesable, Like they're all I'll say this as long as everybody finishes the year with and we're not going into the year twenty twenty seven with you know, injury issues. They're all going to be in the same tier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like I'm just throwing out too, I'm not just again, I'm not against this idea. Elite homers have a big place. I do think it. Things got hurt a little bit by like Chandler Simpson completely falling apart, and then elite players stealing bases like Bobby Witt and Jose Ramirez were leading. So that argument where you can get later stolen bases, it's hurt a tiny bit more, but you can still get those stolen bases. You can still, I mean, unfortunately Pete Crow and like guys like James Wood, They're going to be more valuable. But there's the Bryce terrings of the world. If you can give me forty plus homers, I think there is a space that I just needed guys like Camonaro and Nick Kurtz to hit for average, and they are hitting for average, and Nick Kurtz is hitting two seventy nine. You know, Jenna Kamenaro's XBA looks great, huge batspeed, huge power, and they both are probably pacing out to be close to forty homer guys. I think that's okay. I think it's going to be a really interesting discussion. Into next year of do I want now floor Homer power guys more than I care about five tool potential because a lot of these five five tool potential guys are coming with weird caveats. Julio has had part of a down year. He has these first and second half, so kuniyas injured. Ellie had got hurt multiple times, Like would you rather just have the big power and tackle stolen bases a little bit more? And the second or the third or the fourth, you know, you get Bryce Terrag and then you get like, you know, I mean here the top stolen based guys. By the way, here is your board. You have Naesiem Nuniez, who is free but is kind of stunk, has thirty two, Bobby Witt twenty eight, Jose Ramirez twenty four, Jazz Chisholm with twenty four, ONEO Cruz with twenty one, and Pete Crow with twenty. So all the guys with twenty four of the five were pretty high value guys. But you could still get ONEO Cruz cheap. You could get cheap ish Jazz, you can get cheapish. And then some guys further down road near Randia Rose Arena. Unfortunately, a lot of this looks bad. This actually is bad for the list change. Let me pick up Marcy Bull.
Speaker 3: Let me make this point. How many hitters there are? I'm just gonna give you the number. There are thirty three qualified hitters that are hitting two eighty or higher. How many of those guys do you think have fifteen or more homers? Right?
Speaker 2: Homers are stolen bases homers.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking of the Camonaro side of combining the average with the power. That's why I gotcha.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. So there's how many thirty three?
Speaker 3: There's thirty three guys that are hitting two eighty or higher and are qualified. How many of those guys also have fifteen homers? Oh? Ten, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, seven. So those guys are William Contrerez has twenty or I'm sorry, Jordan Alvarez is twenty five, so seventeen, Otani has seventeen, Caminaro has twenty two, Walker has eighteen, Schmid has sixteen, and Wilson Contreras is hitting two eighty one and has seventeen. That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I mean this, Yeah, I mean and a lot of those guys are high. I mean again that this is why like the second first, second round picks. It's like Elite power, Elite stolen bases or the combo players. It's gonna be interesting strategy stuff. But all I know is like Junia Kamanaro is lighting the world on fire and stadium be damned and whatever. It's it's been pretty damn cool. No one hotter crazy stuff. Over the last couple of days, Carlos Mendoza was fired by the Mets Andy Green. By the way, I thought this Andy Green was like the former Diamondback Minor League Andy Green. It's not him, is it.
Speaker 3: We both have that this is the former padres man try.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, not the not the former farm hand of the Diamondbacks. You did it with Chad Tracy, I did, yeah, Red Sox, who was a different one, which is stupid.
Speaker 3: Because we had already done the Chad Tracy one before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's the interim coach Mendoza. You know, I'm just so indifferent about, Like Joe has all the thoughts in Da Da Duck because he's as My.
Speaker 3: Favorite part was mister Mett dancing behind the reporter who was reporting Carlos Mendoza being fired, and here comes mister Met doing a break dance behind the guy. It's so funny, very very funny. I would just say, though, like it's just a scapegoat, Like it doesn't matter. Yeah, I think it was just a scapegoat. Well, are we surprised that he got fired like two days after they had six errors? Right, like they're a complete embarrassment. Everything is awful. Uh. Yeah, it's not a surprise at all that.
Speaker 2: He got Maybe the lack of fire is in that, like sometimes you might need a manager to light a fire under guys by just benching a bunch of dudes, Like how about like you know, get into Lindoor and Sodo's face, how about bench Ventos and try. I mean they kind of did it by giving like binge and ewing opportunities. That's why I'm so weird about it. I don't really care. I think it's it's just like the pieces Mets fans. I think they needed a fall guy for the amount of money that they've spent to build this team to be playing.
Speaker 3: As bad as they are.
Speaker 2: They didn't make bad moves necessarily, you know what I mean, Like they did let Edwin Diaz walk, whatever, they brought in Devin Williams, they brought in Freddy Peralta. They brought in Bobashitt to be fair, and Luis Robert. They made all the moves that made people go, wow, we're happy. It's just all the pieces were wrong and I'm not sure if that other Usually the managers are not involved in like a lot of the player talent acquisitions, so it's like that's why it's to look somewhere else, but it's whatever. Also, the Angels ended up firing Perry and they brought in John Moseleyak, Who's gonna be intern GM and help hire the next GM. So Angels and Mets just kind of clean the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah Mozillac, you know, he worked for the Cardinals forever and yeah, was big in their organization. But I was like, is he just gonna be the new GM there? And he said he was pretty much like nope, I'm gonna help them hire somebody else I'm not doing I'm not gonna be the GM again. So it was almost kind of like, you're not gonna blame this Angels team on me, Like I loved having a I love having a job in baseball.
Speaker 2: But I'm not gonna be either way. That's an adult saying like, no, don't put me in the position that's gonna get me fired. I will help in the consulting to bring the person I.
Speaker 3: Want to live in Orange County. Please and talk about baseball as my job. That's what I want to do.
Speaker 2: Percent I want to make, you know, probably super high six to seven figures and not have the responsibility. That's a great job. That's getting older and wiser. But a couple firings out there. The one of the bigger, more frustrating pieces of news. Wyatt Langford. Man, Wyatt Langford came out like gangbusters off of his so season, started underperform, gets hurt, has a bad reaction, comes back and is like, oh, he's back. Three seventeen in June seven homers, three stolen bases, almost had more RBI than strikeouts, which is pretty impressive. Three seventy one OBP. He had hits in what is this nine of his last ten games. We're like, dude, Wyatt Langford, he's rolling back, he's increasing his barrel percentage a bit, he's luring his strikeout rate, he's getting the ball in the air, and he's gone because he's now out until after the All Star break with a hamstring strain. I don't believe that what was the last thing? Wasn't it his like shoulder, it was something because because he took a bad swing and he was out. Now he's got a hamstring strain. Maybe it's just going to be one of those like weird losty years. I'm really torn on what to do because him being able to turn it around it's key to the future value. I just don't know if this is going to be a permanent problem with him or is this just like a time in a the small little time capsule of where we're at with him, and people are gonna over inflate like he's massively injury prone. All I know is there a people that are writing him.
Speaker 3: The hell off. I mean, I think it's fine to write him off for the rest of this year, right, like I know, out through the All Star break and all that stuff. But like my man guy is constantly hurt. He keeps going on the il.
Speaker 2: No interest in buying him second half of this year.
Speaker 3: No, it's a hamstring over and over, isn't it. Hasn't it been the hamstring? A couple of times I thought, now I want to see, like I'm looking, I'm.
Speaker 2: Looking at as Wyatt forearm. I guess it was the forearm early, That's what it was, because remember I was it was out here where he swung and hurting himself, and I didn't think that was.
Speaker 3: It was a quad earlier too. Yeah, right, squad, the forearm, the hamstring, oh, my throat, neck, chest, you know what I mean. Like, it just seems like it's everything then the oblique last year. So I don't know it's it is. It's nice that it's not the same injury happening over and over and over. That's a good point, right, But it's some injury happening over and over and over. So I think I think you're right in the fact of we don't know what to do with him. Uh, you know, I'm not gonna buy him low. I understand. It is a good time if you're gonna buy him, buy him now. People are frustrated. We had someone in our grooming room. They're like, this dude is made of glass. He is never going to you know, he's never gonna get right. People are frustrated. So it's gonna be good time to buy in Dynasty. It's a good time to buy if you believe he's gonna come back after the break and have uh, you know, a nice rest of the season. I I just think for the rest of this year, I'm probably a no go on Langford and going it like in Redraft, I think I'll be low. I did not low in Dynasty. We've seen it before, like the floor is already established, so u it is still very good. But I don't know, Uh, depending on what he looks like at the end of the year, That's how I'll think of him going in. But I don't want to buy him now because I'm afraid he's gonna miss more time than they think. Because when it's three injuries in one season, you're g gotta baby that guy back too.
Speaker 2: So I just wonder is part of the babying this, Like if you really wanted, you know, you could you could have let him push through it or maybe push back like a tiny bit like Quicker, But this is like a you know, we're gonna have him push after the All Star break that gives him roughly probably close to three weeks to get right. I don't know, You're You're probably right in that buying him this year it's really risky. I think if you wanted to do it. I could co sign if it doesn't cost a ton because his return was so vintage Wyatt Langford and vintage. I mean again, you know last year he to forty one. He was a twenty twenty guy. He was easily pacing out to surpass that this year, which looks like better at least in the short term. It's been better contact skills. His XBA is only two forty one and at two seventy eight, But like that, he showed you a good sign of life for this month if you wanted to buy, like, okay, he could get right. I don't hate it. I just think it's really risky. It's better dynasty play. It's a much better dynasty play for you.
Speaker 3: Go see what he is in dynasty, especially if you're a bottom feeder, like, go see what the cost on Langford is.
Speaker 2: Yea, if a winning team has Langford and he's banged up and you've got some you know, you probably have to give up, you know, probably multiple pieces, something that's like really overperforming and then something that abides him for the future a little bit while you take white Langford. I like that idea, and looking.
Speaker 3: Back at his injuries from last year, it was really the oblique all year that dogged him. So it was one injury last year that bothered him throughout the season. This year it has been different injuries. So I'll take this year over last year for sure, because it doesn't seem like it's anything long term.
Speaker 2: How he needs to drop some weight. Not in that he's fair, he's just like dude's built. He's like musk, really muscular. I wonder if like maybe a little less stiff. Yeah, yeah, maybe you need to go for a little bit more agility and take off a little bit of that muscle or something.
Speaker 3: Well Schwantson'm working with a Yogi stat yet, get Let's get him some bendiness in here, some flexibility, Please.
Speaker 2: Do something, man. Kyle Schwarber has reached thirty homers pre All Star Break. How many homers did Kyle Schwarber have at the All Star break last year? Probably thirty? He had thirty. He had thirty homers at thirty five by the time we get there. Now, Yeah, he's pacing out better. He's also pacing out way more strikeouts as well. Thirty four percent k percentage.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 2: He's kind of insane because he's hitting for a better batting average, he has higher homer and totals, He's striking out way more, the outcomes are becoming a little bit more predictable. But he looks like he's I mean, he's on pace to put up another sixty home run season, which is absolutely absurd. And he's he's pushing the boundaries of the cost to a player that has batting average risk. Again, Like, now, let me let me tell this at you. If you had the option to take Man, if I could get the right guys here, I'd have to be looking at I'm not going to get the right guys here on the player raider. But it's like if you had the chance to take Junior Camonaro and let's say Fernando Tatis. Let's say Tatis is gonna move himself out into the third he can't hit home or second round he can't hit homers anymore, get some stolen bases, or you go and take a Ellie de la Cruz and the second round get a Kyle Schwarber. So get where I'm going here, Like, yeah, yeah, you have some batting average risk with the power in the second round and you get your stolen bases in the first, Or do you just like the idea of the floor of a guy like Kurtz or Camonaro, and then you take a stolen basy guy in the second I'm using probably the best upsided sample. If you believe his power is going to come back. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I think there's stolen base's, stolen based guys to get so you know later, So just give him the power.
Speaker 2: Would you do Junior Camanaro and Kyle Schwarber together?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I mean camin arow hits for power for all traverage and so he'll bring up that's like, that's like two two sixty guys that are going to average fifty homers. Yes, please, thank Do you think it all?
Speaker 2: Falling Knife is gonna be a part of Kyle Schwarber or is it? If he has two fifty plus homer seasons like no one's. And what I mean when I say falling Knife is he's thirty three be thirty four next year? Is that the time where thing I kind of don't feel like a guy's a d h you know, big thick bodied guy like you look at thirty four you kind of feel like you can do this till thirty seven, which by justifiably that should probably be a wheel pick if he if he hits another fifty plus homers. What was his ADP this year?
Speaker 3: What was Kyle Schwarber's Kyle Schwell, he was in the twenties.
Speaker 2: Let me see, two thousand.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was lower than that.
Speaker 2: Was it eight?
Speaker 3: Last year? Fifty six?
Speaker 2: Was it? I'm hoping this is pre drafts. He was twenty one consensus, Yeah, seventeen on Yahoo twenty in the tent. He's going to be a wheel pick this year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean he's just showing consistency. I think you're right in thinking about falling knife, like specifically if he has you know, if he gets to fifteen, then like falls off at the very end. I think people will worry about that and maybe maybe he won't be a turn player. Maybe he'll be right where he was last year. But I think you start thinking about that stuff when the cracks really start showing, and can they show up at any point after you know, thirty three? Sure, but I would for a guy like him that doesn't have to play the field and just gets to go out there and hit every day thirty five, that's probably when I would start worrying about it.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. He's absolutely insane. Season other news is floating out there. Ellie Daily Cruz, after returning from an injury, sprained his ankle on Sunday, but he did stay in the game, so that's good.
Speaker 3: Maybe give you an imaging today. I haven't seen any I haven't seen an update yet today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's probably it's all just like precautionary stuff. Jack Kagleon was scratched Sunday with groin tightness. He'd been on a little skid after being you know, the Kyle Schwarber at that time, one of the hottest players in baseball. Tiny little skid going on fourteen homers. Everything's rolling. Probably need to watch the back probably something to do with it, you know, maybe this back thing there's or I'm sorry, was groin soreness. If if you had some of these this soreness kind of lingering for the last couple of days, maybe this was finally like that was the cause of the skid. Let him rest, get a couple of games, I think, you know, kind.
Speaker 3: Of like the Royals are going anywhere, so might as well let him rest it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Jaska Hernandez is expected back today. Another We got Connor Griffin back on Friday, which was great. Some injury stuff floating out the Yandi Diez left with a shoulder strain on Sunday, hopes to play on Tuesday. Johneo Suarez left after being hit in the hand on Sunday. X rays were, uh inconclusive, So that's not great. Maybe because of swelling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because he did he get he got hit and they you know, X ray him immediately after the game. So another one that we're waiting for an update today. Will probably hear something, but I just don't see anything quite yet.
Speaker 2: Crazy Willie Damas dealing with some back spasms. Chris Bassett had a procedure to remove bone spurs in his back. Will be reevaluated a couple of weeks, probably out until August. Some ilestins Jesus Sanchez il the ankle sprain, Marcus Simeon ile hip strain, and then some other floating back news here, uh Seawan Keys, Cooper Ingle, and then Christian morr Is actually option Ingle called up. Shawn Keys called up. I don't think there's a ton of fantasy Cooper Ingle. Maybe if he gets more of a long term not a ton of fantasy value. Hilariously, two former diamond back signed some minor league deals. Carlos Santanas signed to deal with Atlanta and then Tommy fam your boy returning to the Phillies. Right, yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: Probably played everywhere. Uh so hopey, what what is the triple A for the Phillies Lehigh Valley?
Speaker 2: That sounds about right, Yeah, good luck.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Carlos Santana went is hlaiers. I saw some account just crying, like so you're saying he was injured the whole time and then he could just sign brother Carlos Santana was horrible. The Diabacs kept him down here because they did not want to bring him up.
Speaker 3: I mean they still don't have it. And this is what the worst first base of all time or whatever you gave us, that's that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know where that's at now.
Speaker 3: The worst war in the history of baseball ever? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ops, it was the worst. Ops.
Speaker 3: And he can't make that squad. He's just done, like, yeah, there's nothing there. Get him a microphone, man.
Speaker 2: You know. Trade deadline is gonna start looming a little bit here, and interesting that Orioles are planning to buy at the trade deadlines, so we have to see what that ends up. Looking like, they got a couple young pieces that haven't materialized. I wonder if they would be trade bait like you know, the Kobe Meos of the world, the Dylan Beavers. They definitely have some pieces in their minor league system. They got some interesting pictures. I don't think any blockbustery type of guys, but Luis de Leon, Nestor Herman. You know, they got some fun hitter like They've just they've got the pieces. I don't think to make blockbuster trades. I think they're gonna do what they did in free agency. They're just gonna make like boring moves. You know. They're just gonna like go and acquire like a I mean, you know, go and look at the trade market potential. They'll buy someone on the bottom half. Maybe they buy a bat like. I just don't know what the buyers for the Orioles look like, but I think that's interesting that they are buyers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you think after I think we're a game below five hundred now, just got swept by the Rays all these picture injuries. Do you think the d Backs are still buyers or do you think they're starting to look at selling.
Speaker 2: I mean they should. They're twelve and a half back in the divisi Let me look where the wild card is. Yeah, they're I mean they're only three back in the wild Card, but they're.
Speaker 3: The division is almost like can we even count the division anymore? It's probably the Dodgers by ten games every year.
Speaker 2: But I mean by that standard, like, no one's really out of it. But Giants, Mets, and Rockies are at least nine games out of the wild card. Diamondbacks are only three. I think they gotta like they gotta lose like two more series for them to do it. But the problem is is, like Meryl Kelly and and Zach Gallon don't have any trade value. Who would want them? Like, who would want unless there's a team that thinks they can fix something or pitching in their ballpark, like the Cubs of Gallon or whatever.
Speaker 3: But somebody with a pitcher injury, they'll just try to get somebody to eat anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I was almost gonna say, like if you were trying to piece the Orioles with like the dime, I just don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think the Diamondbacks pieces are good. I don't think there's any fit unless they want depth. They want to be like, oh maybe we can get Meryl fixed or whatever and you get them in Baltimore. I could totally see that for like nothing, but it it'd be Interesting's to be interesting. The next couple of weeks is going to be super fascinating with you've got Future's game, you've got draft, you've got All Star break, you've got trade deadline looming. Like there's just a lot of we have, by the way, our second half draft to take a look at. Like there's just there's a lot of interesting conversations around all this. Some guys coming back from injury. Kyle Tucker returned on Saturday with a homer after missing a couple of games with the back spasms. Daniel Palencia is rehabbing, but he's gonna be out until after the All Star break. Mike Trout took thirty swings, did some running on Saturday. Might be back before the All Star break. I bet they'd take it easy on Yeah, there was rumor he wanted to do the home run derby. I imagine that's not going to happen.
Speaker 3: He did say that that's going to keep him out.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Okay, Trent Grisham is going to be returning at some point this week after that hamstring injury. Nick Pavetta should begin throwing off a mound soon. There's no timetable, but they're saying like sometime after the All Star break, probably August. We had Adlie Rechmand chased a lot of Christian Scott All activated from the IL and then negatively, I suppose Baltimore Jackson Holiday had been out for four games of growing tightness, but he did return on Friday. So a lot of injury things loomin out there. All right, let's take a break when we come back. Let's take a look at the last seven days. There's a guy named Luis Garcia that pops up on some of these lists because he has quietly been having a ridiculous season. Give us an opportunity to break down some players, a couple of struggling guys we can throw out, look at pitchers and closers, and that's what we got for you right here on in this league.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, let me.
Speaker 2: Explain something to you.
Speaker 1: I am not in this league. You're in this league.
Speaker 3: I'm the dude. You are one pathetic loser.
Speaker 2: Production. Over the last seven days, no hitter had a better batting average than Louis Garcia. He's also up here in the homers. The RBIs we're going to be talking about the runs. He did a little bit of everything. He had five twenty six over the last week. Freddie Freeman is right behind him, just under five hundred. TJ. Runfield has been on this list multiple times. Four fifty eight, Yon Di Diez, Xavier Edwards, Miguel Vargas, a lot of guys that you kind of have seen but I had, And it happens all the time, dude. You know, you just doesn't matter if you do this five days a week like I do, or sometimes into the weekends you do daily shows. You just get lost in players, especially if you don't own them in fantasy or whatever. I had one of those moments when I saw Louis Garcia's two homer game and I was like, sixteen what? And then I go and look at the profile and I'm like what. Luis Garcia is quietly having a bonker season. He hit all of sixteen homers last year, eighteen homers a year before. He's hitting two seventy nine with sixteen homers. He's stolen bases are way down, only two compared to fourteen last year. He's got a five forty three slug and eight fifty ops, obviously all career highs. His barrel percentages up, his exit velocity average x velosity is up two miles per hour, his heart hit rate is up close to two percent out percentage points. He's getting the ball in the air more than he has ever done before. He's pulling it more than he's ever done. Not elite, but he's pulling it. XBA is at two ninety one with a better k percentage than in years prior.
Speaker 3: It's just crazy. It's just absolutely crazy. The season that he's had quietly pretty ridiculous. What are your thoughts on Luis Garcia. I mean, it's just like you said, it's this month, right, it's June. He hit well in April and May, like he hit two fifty three. He had one homer between March and April. In May at eighty eight. Picked it up a little bit with four homers, but he's only at seven runs. He is hitting at thirty RBI this month, eleven homers, twenty five RBI. He has seventeen runs as well, and he's hitting three h four. The average has climbed every month. The power has gone crazy here. This is a dude that is not looking forward to the All Start break right, like he wants let's play through. Come on, no All Star break please. So he is white hot. So I don't know what you do with him. I mean, try to trade him now, but you just ride this way, get anything for him.
Speaker 2: He's one hundred percent one of those dudes like he is better for your team than he is in the trade market. I know I have said this once or twice before in the years passing. It might have been more in prospect one. But I will never forget back to when he was here in the Arizona Fall League, and I remember watching a beat because at the time Luis Garcia was not a homer guy at all. He was a contact across his body hitter. But then I was at a BEAT. I was at a session over i Puire Sports Complex where he was running VP, and I saw him in batting practice just pulling the ball, just doing what opposite of what he does in game, and dude, he was hitting tanks and I was like, man, there really is just like there's a real ability hit for power, but it never it didn't feel like it was ever going to materialize, and then it just started to. So it's like it's it doesn't feel out of pocket, especially knowing that like he can be a contact guy. I mean, he's run higher xbas than his batting average over the last two years, and he had a high XBA three years ago as well. It's low strikeouts and you can see the improvements. Plus by the way he's dominating against righty's. Fourteen of his sixteen homers have come against right handed hitters. Now, to be fair, it's a little platoony. He's not playing a ton against lefties, but he's hitting two eighty six against lefties.
Speaker 3: Does he need to play against lefties with those numbers? He doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't have a babbit issue.
Speaker 3: I mean yes, this month, like, uh, you know, his war is like fourteenth or whatever. Because of his defensive numbers, he just plays first base. He doesn't do a lot on defense, but his offense number is you know, batting and base running, he's four. It's Pca cagleon Otani. Those are the only three guys I had of him for June.
Speaker 2: Trying to I mean, I don't know if you know, if you could do, like, let me look at this real quick at first base? Although, like, who'd you rather? I'm gonna pull up my rest of season ranks because I again I just did not have him where he should be. Would you rather Luis Garcia or Bryce Eldridge? Bryce Eldridge is hitting knows it, thinks about it, is hitting two seventy nine with six homers in one hundred and forty at bats so far this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's Garcia for me, and that's Washington is leading the league in runs. The whole offense is healthy, They're just not as San Francisco, so uh, if we are splitting hairs, that would be it.
Speaker 2: Here's a really interesting how about this rest of season Luis Garcia or the injured Vinie pas Quentino, who hit FO Yeah, I don't want Vinie either. I think I would do that. This is a really tough one. How about Casey Schmidt who also has sixteen homers, hit two ninety with seven stolen bases in San Francisco though, really hot star, Which one of those hot bats.
Speaker 3: Would you rather? Is there someone that's gonna end up on a team a different team quicker than Casey Schmidt, right, like the Giants they got a trade for something.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, but no, but I actually think the opposite. Like they've got three contracts that I think are almost untradeable. You can't start then trading away your young assets that can help you in that time. I think Casey Schmidt can't be traded for that.
Speaker 3: How much how much team control they have. He's twenty seven, Yeah, I think they've got a couple more years on him, right, he's he's arbitration eligible next year. But he is a free agent twenty thirty.
Speaker 2: And they've got twenty five million on Chapman. They've got like thirty plus terrible covers, terrible, three terrible contracts they're sitting on. I suppose he's doing a real great job. So yeah, I don't think he can go anywhere. But like when you start, okay, here here's one, this is a better one. It's Garcia for me, Luis Garcia or Alkamoto who's nineteen homers but hitting just two thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll take a Kamoo there, Like those homers are coming crazy.
Speaker 2: And three more than Garcia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know a Kamoto has been playing great recently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not trying to argue that. I think that's the kind of the line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, but I think that's a good I think these are good names. Casey Schmidt is tough. I think a Kamoto would definitely take. But that's you know, that's also a borderline. Garcia. You know, Garcia got no love in the off season. I feel like, so yeah, but here we are sitting in June, and he was pretty pedestrian in the first couple of months, but this tune has really picked him up. And it's just so good to be on the best offensive baseball right now.
Speaker 2: A guy that has been hot kind of all season long too, TJ Rumfield, who is on here hitting two ninety four, twelve homers, three seventy two OBP. Batting skills are kind of like weird. That actually remind me of like what Trevor Larnick has changed to. It's like low, hard hit, not crazy barrel. He does get the ball in the air and he pulls it and he has really low strikeouts. That's like this new version of the players we've been seeing. You know, they're the guys that have crazy, hard to hit, crazy barrel, they get the ball in the air like insane, crazy bat speed. And then he got these guys that they don't live in that world. They've got slow bats that wait, they get the ball in the air and pull it. But it's not big barreled stuff. It's not big hard hit stuff. And that's who TJ. Rumfield has been. He had one little blip in April where he hit two twenty nine, otherwise three ten in May, three eighteen in June and has put up just this really solid season. Are you a buyer of what TJ. Rumfield is doing or do you just still hate the kind of the weird profile that he's putting out ninety one point eight percent zone contact right by the way, Yeah, it's not that.
Speaker 3: I hate the profile. It's that I you know, his xba's two forty seven. Uh so I don't expect this two ninety four to stay. And I mean, just across all these you know projections, I think is average, where'd it go? Yeah, it goes. It's usually in the two fifties, two fifty six, two fifty nine, two fifty four, but up to two seventy four. So I just don't know what he's going to hit for the rest of the area's stealing no bases. I think the power is replaceable. So and does he have any home road things? Two eighty four verse three or four? Uh seven homers at home and five away? So the power is playing, which is nice. I would say I'm lukewarm on TJ. Runfield. I don't hate him, but I don't think I'm going out of my way to acquire him now he is. What do you think his ownership percentage is? Oh, I was just about to look I I'm on Yahoo.
Speaker 2: Well, I have the consensus, okay of these, so I'm going to guess his Yahoo percentage is around sixty five percent forty six percent. Okay, Well, this is going to surprise you. His consensus between Yahoo and ESPN fifty one percent. So I'm surprised. Yeah, well, I think he's points the guy, though he is clearly a point. He makes a lot of contact, doesn't strike out a whole bunch. You know, he's actually better on the road than he is at home. Like, I just think it's sustainable. I don't think he's gonna be sexy or anything like that. I mean his XBA tells a much different story. Hitting two forty seven.
Speaker 3: But I just don't think there's anything special. And if he hits two forty five, he's going to be a jag, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And to be fair, if if because he doesn't have a ton of homers, if it does pace back, he might have a good season looking total where he hits like two sixty five with twenty homers or twenty four homers or something like that. But if all the good already came out and it's like the next three months is mediocre, you know, it's tough to justify in a ten team league or whatever. But I just think he's sneaky. I'm willing he's definitely sneak right now. Lots of his own contact, doesn't strike out, does a good job pulling in the air, you know, better on the road than he's.
Speaker 3: Been three or four basically all year in the lineup two. I'm still good with that.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Colorado, here in a second homers the last week seven by Junior Camonero, half of them by the from the Diamondbacks. Luis Garcia had six, a couple players with four, Jack Peterson and Hunter Goodman. Have you seen the Hunter Goodman split thing.
Speaker 3: Which one Okay, Colorado splits. Get take take a guess at.
Speaker 2: What you think his his split looks like. In Colorado. He's hitting two forty two on the season. He got twenty five homers. He's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Uh, let's say twenty at home and five on the road.
Speaker 2: And what do you think the batting averages?
Speaker 3: Oh, to seventy verses like two fifteen.
Speaker 2: Two eighty four versus one ninety three. Holy crap, But that's in favor of the road. He is hitting only one ninety three in Colorado, two eighty four on the road.
Speaker 3: And guess what those homers have to be on the road.
Speaker 2: Then eighteen of the twenty five homers on the road, He's hitting seven homers with a one ninety three batting average in Colorado.
Speaker 3: Huh did he do that last year too? Is this a trend for him last year? I don't believe it was last year. No, he hit three seven at home and two forty eight on the road. He did hit eighteen homers on the road, so more than half of his thirty one homers. But that's I'm going to say this is an anomaly and it will not continue.
Speaker 2: That's actually kind of where I'm at too, which makes him scarier. That makes Hunter Goodman even scary. If if you are underperforming at home in the best hitter friendly environment out there to this level, I just have to assume, like hnter G. Goodmin's going to hit forty plus homers, Like, I just don't think that's going to continue. I've never seen it before. What's the cause of it?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 3: Is he doing very strange?
Speaker 2: Is he over? Because check this out too.
Speaker 3: Think he's pressing at home teen.
Speaker 2: Degree launch angle with a thirty percent pold rate. That's absurd. Those are that's some of the high and with a seventeen percent barrel rate, those are some of the highest out there. How is that not working in Colorado? Is he not able to do that in Colorado?
Speaker 3: Is it over? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just don't know what it looks like. He does have a thirty almost three percent k percentage, which is bad, But it's one of the weirdest splits I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: That's very, very strange, and it's so weird that I would say it probably cannot continue to the end of the year.
Speaker 2: I kind of think so too, But it's like, I don't know what you do with him, But I just thought, like me and Joe were talking about it, it is like it's one of the weirder things that's that's out there for sure. The other guy I wanted to mention Jacques Peterson. I don't know why I can't get him to pop up now, but Jock hat there we go. Jock had four homers this past week up to thirteen with a two forty ish batting average, but hitting almost two fifty on the month. So I don't know if you have any thoughts on Jock as he starts to roll it out.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, let me ask you this, would you rather rest this season Jock or Rumfield?
Speaker 2: Rumfield?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you Yeah, I think so too. You know, Jock. Jock is all just power in driving and runs so uh decent producer. But I probably try for some upside with Rumfield. But yeah, I mean it's it's a good year for Jock. And he can still hit righty's like crazy, He's still you know, two forty six with twelve homers, and he but it cannot hit lefties one seventy six and one homer and only seventeen at They just won't let him even try. But if he can be a dog as a as a side platoon. Yeah, yeah, you can manage, especially if you're in daily it is. It can be a little bit tougher when you play in like weekly moves leagues and stuff like that. When you play in like daily moves and you can just move him in and out, I think it makes it even a little bit better. In the RBI department, two guys at fifteen last week that was Junior Camerino and Dansby Swanson. Number two was with nine Luis Garcia, also Ryan O'Hearn, and then a group of guys that had eight.
Speaker 2: Dansby Swanson. Definitely a forgettable year. He's hitting only one ninety and.
Speaker 3: Definitely have like six RBI in that Mets game. But it was, yeah, he did.
Speaker 2: It was seven rbi actually, but he actually had as I'm looking here, he had a stretch of three games. It was four, seventeen and four, so nine fifteen of his nineteen RBIs came into three games stretch. The problem is is like everyone was like, oh my god, we were wrong about Dansby. Dude. It was it was a six game stretch. He had a hit in each game. It was the ending of Colorado, the Toronto series and then part of the Mets series where he ended up having four or five multi hit games, he hit a bunch of homers, RBIs, had some stolen all that stuff. And then guess what he is now, Oh, for his last sixteen and you know, his average get back under two hundred, he's just like super super inconsistent.
Speaker 3: His xba's one ninety nine. It's in the bottom four percent of the league. Yeah, great spike week for Dan's May. But I'm not expecting more like this.
Speaker 2: Not I mean, like I would like to be optimistic, but I'm not really.
Speaker 3: I mean, you would be as optimistic as you want. It's not gonna spike like this again.
Speaker 2: No, another guy Ryan O'Hearn two eighty six, thirteen homers, a stolen base, one of those just quietly sneaky awesome seasons. Profile, relatively solid, you know, like I do. I'm not going to write home about like average x velocity or barrel raid or anything like that. But his XBA to sixty plus, he's hitting to eighty plus. He's a little bit overinflated on his babbit, but like he's just been. He's another one of these guys. So let me ask you TJ. Rumfield or Rhyin o hearn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: A lot more k problems with Ryan O'Hearn, but it's true.
Speaker 3: Umm, let me look at splits here three tj U sixty nine away nine homers at home four a way batting over three zero six two seventy three, two seventy one. So it is dipped by the way, but the same. I love that.
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna say. No swings, just straight up two seventy plus.
Speaker 3: For three five three five on homers. Uh yeah, I probably Ryan O'Hearn slightly, just because you know we've seen him do it before. Uh, older guy, all that, But I there's not I'm I'm good with however you answer this, but I I'll go with Ryan O'Hearn. I like Hearn or Louise Garcia. Luis Garcia, Okay, yeah, I think I'm oh Hearn just he's hitting clean up a lot, four or five seems like almost every night now. He has dropped down to five for the last six straight games, so maybe they're moving him down a little bit. That's also Connor Griffin came back, so it's probably just going to be five but I you know what, even dropping him in the line, it's still all heard me. Uh.
Speaker 2: In the run department, we had the most by crew, you know, Camon Arrow and Louis Garcia. We had Dylan Cruz with seven, Yandi Diez Horner and Pa Has also in there, and a handful of guys with six. I wanted to get Dylan Cruz. You know. It's funny. I there's like videos they do in Fantasy pros. For the last three weeks, have continuously tried. I'll look and I'll be like, oh, the last seven days Dylan Cruz has been good, and I'll kind of look and it's just it's just still it hasn't gotten there. Even though there's these little glimpses, it's still not quite consistent enough. Like he's he's only hitting two twenty eight in June, and that's surprising, but it's it's heavily weighted to that point. Though he has raised his batting average forty points from the beginning of the month of the back of the month. So that's why, like, Okay, the month hasn't exactly been good, but he's finding these moments. He has hits in what is this eight of his last I think eleven games. He's got hits in three of its last four games. You know, he's he's got multi He's got four multi hit games in his last eight games or nine games, you know, So like he's finding some of that Consistency's profile starting to like even out a little bit.
Speaker 3: If he qualified average x velocity hard hit would be up there. His bat speed looks good. His XBA is actually way better than where he's at. It's two fifty nine right now to his two twenty six batting average, but it's still it's kind of mediocre. So it's like I want to get on the train early and say, like, Dylan Cruz is turning around. I kind of think he is, but I just don't know.
Speaker 2: If the turnaround matters, if it matters enough, if you know, you know what I mean, Like, I just don't know. It's gonna be something where you're like, man, I'm so happy I picked him up. He just might be like two fifty fifteen fifteen by the end of the year or something.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the uh there's a South Park episode where they're trying to it's the You Got Served episode, and Butters is like putting a crew together and chef chef is their coaching. It's like, you know, you have the heart, but you don't have the soul. No, No, you have the soul, but you don't have the heart.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: No, hold on, I'm sorry. You have the heart and the soul, but you don't have the talent. That's what I'm getting at. That's how you just sounded with Dylan Cruz, right, you just don't have I don't know that it's going to matter, and I think that I think you're correct in that. So I'm you know, it's nice and I tell you what not hitting in a bad spot either five, three, five, down the six a couple of times. But he's in that top, you know, top end of the lineup between five and four and three. So that's been nice, uh for him recently. But I I think you're right. I just don't think it matters too much.
Speaker 2: In the stolen base department, naesem Nunia has continues to roll guys in the lead the league. He had four along with Victor Roebliss in the three department, cob Ra Opinia in Chandler Simpson. Chandler Simpson finally showing up, but it's a little too late.
Speaker 3: It's been starting more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean unless I mean, I only care because like I'm.
Speaker 3: In the you're upside down on your uh your Simpson Lease.
Speaker 2: I'm upside down on my Chandler Simpson stolen based marker here. And obviously, like Jose Ramirez can't do, but Chanler Simpson is, he's ninth, He's eleven, twelve, thirteen stolen bases behind the seam Unions. I mean you would need I mean, if naeem Unias were to go down, there's like a world where Chandler Simpson could start picking it back up because like, dude, three stolen bases and he's like top five in stolen bases out there, and then you're really cooking. But naeem Nunions would have to completely disip here because he's just right. I mean, Bobby whit by the way, is second with twenty eight. He's been on an absolutely ridiculous clip here and good dude wants to steal fifty bases or whatever. But that's what the current landscape looks like and interesting in the walk department, you always put this. Jordan and PCA is in their PCA continues to roll.
Speaker 3: I mean the bat is so hot that they're pitching around him at this point. So and it's great that he's walking, yep. Keep stealing bases, keep getting on base. It's what we want.
Speaker 2: Some bats that have struggled over the last couple of weeks, by the way, last two weeks, James Wood hitting only a buck seventy nine for fifty nine with one homer. Matt Olsen averages there but no counting stats to sixty eight, no homers, no stolen base, whatever. Jordan Walker t forty four eleven for forty five, no homers, no stolen bases. Andy pat has two twenty four, no homers, one stolen base, Riley Green two fifty one homer. It's actually really not a struggle. It's just a little bit down. Drake Baldwin though, holding a buck fifty one with one home or not a bus zero five? Yeah, zero point zero five to one of that group, where's your biggest concern? If anybody, it's a lot of big names, so I think it's hard to be crazy concerned. James Wood and Andy Poster are not in the same world.
Speaker 3: Jake. Drake Baldwin having two hits since coming off the IL is very concerning. One of them was that massive four and seventy foot homer, and then he had one of the hit and that's it. Like he's clearly still some may right, So what are we doing? Like I might have to stick him back on the il. Maybe his catching is great and that's why they're not doing it, but that something is wrong. I mean, that's bad for this list. So you know, James Wood is going to be up and down. He's still very young. Matt Olsen was white hot, so not surprising this year. Same thing with Walker.
Speaker 2: I'm a little worried about PAHs a little bit because he's trailing down. April he hit three nineteen he was oddest player in the world. Down to three sixty two sixty six in May, which was okay, it was fine, still good, eight homers, three stolen bases this month though hitting two oh eight ton more strikeouts, power down, not stealing bases, actually got caught. He's five attempts. He's gotten caught four of his last five attempts. I don't know what to deal with that is. And things are starting to tick down, Like I still like him and I still think he's going to piece together a solid season, but things are tapering down a tiny bit. His season total isn't representative of like the dramatic kind of drops. But I wonder, you know, maybe the break is going to do him good and stuff like that. But I always slight concern about Andy pa has just throw that out there.
Speaker 3: They haven't moved him down in the lineup, which I think that would be. That would be to me, the big the big deal is if they do shift him down, but he's still hitting two right now, just hat can't buy a hit in this little streak. So I think you're right. I think they don't move him down before the break, and I think they give him the benefit the doubt after the break. I think if he struggles those first couple of weeks, if he doesn't pick it up before the All Star break, now, if he struggles those first couple of weeks coming off, they are gonna move him. Now. There's too many talented bats in this lineup to keep him at two if he ain't hitting. So I'm with you. I don't think it's a major thing, but it's just one of those you know, Yeah, maybe I am looking like I'm not gonna exclude him from a deal at this point. As honest, the.
Speaker 2: High percentage pictures. Going over to the pictures that had some good starts. Yamamoto six innings, four k's against the patter's two earned runs. Chris Sale ten strikeouts and six innings against the Giants. Mizerowski slipped in through one oh five point five. I don't know if you saw that. I think that's the highest registered pitch ever. Now six innings, eight strikeouts, did have four walks against the Cubs. Logan Webb continues to roll seven innings, one hit ball, six strikeouts against the Braves. That's a huge start. Zach Wheeler seven innings, five k's won and run against the Mets. Hunter Brown six innings to earned runs, two walks for strikeouts. Really good to see, you know him come back with consistency. Speaking of consistency, haesus Lozardo broke up his home road split thing he had and he was bad on the road.
Speaker 3: I guess it was.
Speaker 2: And then he comes out and he's just going again. Five innings won and runs, six k's against the Mets. Maybe the Mets got him right. He's just the weirdest pitcher this year. Like, put your hands up a little bit, like I still kind of believe in him because of the big strikeouts and stuff, but he is super inconsistent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been inconsistent, but he's good, you know. So, I mean, like like him getting back on track here. Evaldi too. Evaldi had been getting a little ugly and he had a nice start down here.
Speaker 2: Sonny Gray seven innings some point one seven and one third, one hit, no one runs, nine strikeouts against the Yankees. Hello trade market. Drew Rasmussen dominated the diamondback six innings, no one runs, five strikeouts. Nadie Valdi seven innings, nine strikeouts. Evaldi kind of piecing those starts back up together. He was a little bit bad.
Speaker 3: It was like this is his first good one in like I think four or five starts. So let's get him back going like this start.
Speaker 2: Speaking of a couple of guys that we want to keep, you know, we want them to get back going. Kyle Harrison five innings, nine strikeouts against the Cubs, He rolls, Davis Smartin bounces back five and one third, zero earn runs, three strikeouts against the Royals. Max Meyer continues to do it. Seven innings, five strikeouts, Robbie Ray eight strikeout or eight innings, nowe and runs two strikeouts. I put on a video today. I am a seller of Robbie Ray. Uh he has Sorry, you're gonna have something like why no.
Speaker 3: Why is Robbie Ray gone soon? Is? Is he a free agent too? Because I mean he's he's gonna get traded. He's a free agent after this year. He's one hundred percent. He insane month. It's like a one e R. He's but he's got huge home road split spot. That's what I was gonna say. We looked at him, I think last week and.
Speaker 2: More and a half on the road to something at home, bad strikeout rates and also his stuff from matically down stuff plus location, pitching plus it's all down.
Speaker 3: The stuffty four fifty four that's home ROADR.
Speaker 2: I'm the seller of fifty four. Ye Emerson Hancock five and two thirds six strikeouts against Cleveland, and she And had a nice one five innings, five strikeouts. Him and Roki Sazaki maybe battling a little bit right now. Roki was crying, I know, That's what I'm saying, Like he's like crying and stuff, and she In is a good start. Redettmer's five and two thirds eight strikeouts against the A's we love that. Foster Griffin just duty continues. Seven innings, nine strikeouts against the Orioles. Awesome, and that's where now the seventy percent owned under that. Luis Castillo had a nice start six innings, four strikeouts, Michael Walker seven and two thirds with seven strikeouts. Trevor Rodgers is on my by list. Trevor Rodgers six and one third, one in run, zero walk, seven strikeouts, Peyton totally had a seven strikeout against the Yankees, and Taj Bradley seven strikeouts and seven innings against Colorado. Why is that the stopping point? Because those were all fifty percent or higher owned on Yahoo? Correct, Yes, these are under fifty percent. We've got Jack Flaherty who went five innings, zero earned runs, nine strikeouts against Houston, Joey Cantillo six innings, nine strikeouts, wonder and run against Seattle, hold on, and then Brandon Young five innings, eight strikeouts Washington. Who do you like most of those three? Brandon Young, Joey Cantillo and.
Speaker 3: Flarerty Cantello is I think it's like five or six great starts.
Speaker 2: So you're why was why is he still so under?
Speaker 3: Why is he still under fifty percent rostered right now. I mean his era is three eight seven, so you know he's under four. He's been a great start last couple starts six innings, one run, eight innings, one run, five innings, one run. He had the blow up right the seven against Texas at Texas over five innings, but he still struck out seven in that game, four to four zero four than zero one. Like, he has one game with over four earned runs in a game and he's gone, I'm under five innings, pitched two three and four starts only of seventeen, so he's getting you five, he's allowing under four, and he's you know, striking out eight point nine per nine. So everything is pretty good for Kantio. I'm wondering why he is not rostered in more spots.
Speaker 2: Probably you're not wrong, Yeah, I mean, then that should be one that you can go rectify. I think if I had to pick between the three, I'd probably go with Cantio. Here as well, Brandon Young's kind of fun flairty is pieced together as those Tigers are saying they got to win more games, but Cantillo would be the one I have more trust in. Also, if you threw Michael McGreevey in there. Does that change anything? He went six innings, four strikeouts, thirty one percent.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, I like McGreevy, but it would still be kntio from me.
Speaker 2: Interesting lower percentage guys under fifteen percent or lower. Jake Bennett six and one third, three strikeouts with an under and run. Yeah, Slaye Chraconi six innings, four strikeouts, zero earn runs. He did that against Seattle. You have Kamar Rockers six innings, five strikeouts, zero and runs against Toronto, and then Connor Prelip six innings, ten strikeouts against Colorado. Of those four guys, any intro, where's the interest in? Because I think Jake Bennett's kind of got the talk of the town right now for a lot of people in Boston, and.
Speaker 3: You know, once they have their fire sale, Jake Bennett's going to stick in that rotation too, right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and there's a lot of lefties, by the way, just pointing out like if Garrett Crochet came back, they'd have Crochet totally early and Bennett you'd have four or five lefties.
Speaker 3: And Prelip, I mean, I love those ten k's, but he has been you know, the last start was three earned over six and only four strikeouts, only two strikeouts against Saint Louis, So like, those strikeouts are not guaranteed. And he does have a six and a five in here, and he doesn't have any games for yet, has given up zero, so little interest in prelip. But he needs to get more consistent for me to really buy in some se arts.
Speaker 2: I think Arraghetty had won. He's kind of been a very common expected regressive type of guy. He gave up eight eared runs. The the other one I think that hurt though, was Walbert. Walbert Urana had been solid and give up seven earned runs against the A's.
Speaker 3: So is that like so so when Walbert Urania does something like this, is this like a hey, look, if Cantillo is available, I'm just dumping Walbert Or are you still holding out a little bit for for Walbert? No?
Speaker 2: I think Walbert and Cantio are in the same like range. Like I still like, by the way, he still has a three one for you here.
Speaker 3: Ah. Yeah, he hadn't given up more than three runs. He had given up more than three runs one time before this start in thirteen starts. So yeah, and it was yeah, like you said it was in April, so it was a long time ago. You know, bad start, it was at home against the A's. You know that A's had been run.
Speaker 2: Who was more least though, Arraghedtty or Urana, Like if you had to pick between them.
Speaker 3: The rest of the like, even though we expect him to come back and we expected regression, the rest of the year has been pretty good. So I think it probably still longer leaves for Aarraghedtty.
Speaker 2: I think I might go Urine if I had to pick between the two, But Aragedy is more owned. He does have a higher roster percentage, so there's that.
Speaker 3: The correct answer is probably neither.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like if you can find someone else on the wire in the in the closing department. Some closer blown saves Ryan Helsley, I believe that's like a second one as of recent He blew one against the Braves, Gregory Soto blew one and took the loss against the Royals, Louis Varlin against Texas, and Kenley Janssen blue one against Houston. Those are four guys thrust into a closer role that they have solidified. Some non closer saves Tyler Alexander got one after Jacob Latz, who, by the way, I'm a big buyer on he had pitched back to back, Jimmy Herbert, he had to save Justin Lawrence, PJ. Bolan, Jordan Wicks, Sam Ntira. I mean, there's kind of a huge list of them, between the closers that drop some and these random saves out in the market. What what's got your eye here?
Speaker 3: I mean, Jimmy Hrgantt is not listed as a co closer in Colorado, so you know, if you're just desperate for saves in a roto league or something, maybe he'll get some same thing with Chase Petty after I think Santillion went on the IL, so he's listed as a co closer now and got a save as well. So those two guys in particular, and who is who is behind Kenley? Is still vest in Detroit because Kenley has been garbage coming back. He's been real bad.
Speaker 2: So I'm trying to look.
Speaker 3: Here, Yes, Will vest right now, Will Best has two saves, Finnegan has one, but he also they both have blown saves in their last two appearances, so I don't know who they go to outside of Kenley, but Kenley doesn't his ERA is up over five and he's been pretty bad. It's coming back, So.
Speaker 2: I can't believe one of the things and just point out a gett. Not to just regurgitate some of the stuff I did today, but like I was looking Jacob Latz, by the way, only fifty two percent roster between Yahoo and ESPN. He has been like elite this year. He just dropped, had nine saves in June. Great strikeout percentage, low ERA, bad quality of contact against Like he looks like an absolutely legit closure that I don't think the team looks to just I don't think they would trade off because I think the Rangers are a team that they could sell a piece or two off if they're out of it, and then they want to still compete to next year, like they're built that way that they're still competing. So I don't think getting rid of someone like that would and by the way, like Ory would be as if he's into a team not closing That's what I'm trying to get out, Like that would suck about having him, I don't think that's going to happen, and that's why I want to buy him right now.
Speaker 3: Tyler Alexander actually had saves in back to back nights. But the reason he got the save on Sunday is because Colwyn blew it the inning before in the eight, so Tyler Alexander came in after they retook the lead and got the save. So you know, I just puint that's good news for Lats. They just weren't gonna put Lats in anyway because he had pitched forty pitches on Friday and Thursday, so they were giving him the next two days off anyway, so he wasn't gonna come in. That's why that looks weird, but it's still Lats as as the guy. There you go.
Speaker 2: That is the episode, My friends, everything getting a prepped for the week ahead of you. We got more coming up. I don't you know, I don't I think we maybe just some player debates this week because I think we've done some blind play stuff that might be a good play here to get some player debates as we are about to head into an All Star break and we can kind of look like a second half player debate edition we can roll with. So make sure you guys are locked into that. Subscribe to the podcast you don't miss any of it. Also, like I said, I don't think there's any crazy time stuff. I don't like All Star break. We might have like a weird episod, so just be on the lookout for that, But regular schedule this week. I believe regular schedule for next week, so make sure you subscribe so you don't miss any of it. Follow us on Twitter, is it the Welsh Bogman Sports and in this League dot com for all the updates. Again, MLB Draft is right around the corner. Trade market should be kicking up, so make sure you're supporting us over it. In this League dot com we would very much appreciate it and love you for doing so.
Speaker 3: That is it.
Speaker 2: You guys, have a fantastic one. You know where to find us for bogmin I'm Welsh. We'll talk to you next time right here on in the site.
Speaker 3: Bye by