Speaker 1: The best meteorologist I know, well, at least the one on the phone with me right now. I do know more than one meteorologist. And as I said that, I was like, oh my gosh, what if they hear me and I hurt their feelings.
Speaker 2: But you're my favorite day. I'll say it. Bye.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 1: So everybody wants to know what the weather is going to be like for the fireworks on Friday, So let's jump right into that.
Speaker 2: First, shall we.
Speaker 3: Yep, I was anticipating that, like we talked about last week. I just got through with the updating our seven day forecast and looking into the details for the afternoon in the evening on Friday the fourth. And it's not bad news. It's not dry, but it is a low chance for scattered thunderstorms. And I have to underscore the words scattered. There's been scattered storms the last few days here and there. There's many people who could probably listening to you right now say I haven't seen the drop of rain, and that's going to be the case on Friday. I think there's storms tomorrow. Thursday come up a little later, normally we say two to six tomorrow. I think we may have to wait till four to seven to see a few scavenge songs, and then on Friday. I think it is a traditional two to six in the front range. So think from Cheyenne, Wyoming all the way to say Castle Rock, Monument Hill in Colorado Springs. They'll come off the foothills, they'll dot the landscape. They may have dusty winds, they'll have some lightning, you might get some rain out of them. Sometimes you get more wind than rain at this time of the year. And then they move east onto the planes. But even on the planes, it looks like the timing is they're out of the state by eight o'clock. So for evening fireworks displays, the professional ones, the community ones. I think we're looking good. I really do. But if you have outdoor plans on Friday, you're going to be near a body of water, or you're out camping or whatever, you just have to be listening, watching the skies, and if something heads your away, just give it a little time and wait about a half an hour after the last rumble of thunder and go back to whatever your festivities are.
Speaker 1: For the four of course, you can always download the pinfoint weather app that will give you lightning wars that they're in your area too.
Speaker 2: That's the easiest way to do that.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you something Aeron And we're talking about this in the begin of the show. I was talking to my personal trainer about this, and she's a native Colorado and she's, you know, in her sixties and she's been her entire life, and we were talking about this summer is a little bit weird for Colorado. And I'm not saying bad because I love it that things are not catching on fire, right like, I'm enjoying the heck out of that. But we've had a very it's been humid, you know, we've had regular rainstorms and thunderstorms and things like that. Is this a strange weather pattern for us? Am I misreading this?
Speaker 3: And no? Actually I think what it is is it's the short term memory of the last couple of maybe three to five summers of blazing heat and fire concerns. This actually made was very good to us. As you know, we were above normal for precipitation and the temperatures were just a little below. June has actually been sevenal I mean what we experienced in June, we had stretches of slightly below normal temperatures but nothing cold, and we had stretches of ninety plus degree heat. We got the ninety nine a couple of days in a row almost one hundred degrees. Didn't reach the century mark. But the month of June actually only ended up zero point eight degrees, eight tenths of a degree above normal. And it wasn't the highs it averaged us up that eight tenths of a degree. It was the morning loaves that pumped us up just beyond normal, which was kind of interesting. So even though we had those hot stretches, even though we had ninety eight, ninety nine, ninety seven degree days, it was the lows that pumped us just above average, and from moist we ended up a quarter of an inch ahead. The most we had was one point three inches. That was a soggy I'm trying to remember what day it was. It might have been a Saturday early in the month. So we're okay, and here we are. You know, last night we start the month of July. Yesterday we hit ninety three degrees. That's above average. Average right now is eighty nine, so it's four degrees above. But we have a thunderstorm come right up over the airport and it dumped three a third of an inch. So here we are the second wettest month, and on the first day on a month where we get two point one four inches of rain, we already got a third of an inch. So that was fantastic.
Speaker 1: To your point, though not everybody's getting the rain equally. What's what's fascinating. As I was driving home on Sunday night from Aurora down into Dougco and it was pouring in Aurora, I mean pouring, and then by the it's like I crossed the doug Coot line and nothing nothing, It all stops and it's like, oh, okay, well it's not raining here. So if people are not getting the kind of rain that we're talking about, you're just unlucky, I guess. But overall, I mean it's been it's been a net positive. But I don't recall it feels humid. Is our humidity higher? Am I just having residual humidity attacks from Japan?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, Actually it's been right where we should be at this time of the year. We tend to kind of look out for the start of the monsoons, right, So you and I you and I've talked here on your show many many times about the humidity and due point and how humidity is a percentage of the moisture in the air, where due point is an actual measurement of the moisture. Generally, what we look for is due points that signal the start of the monsoon rains that are going to be in the mid fifties. Right we've been going back and forth from the upper forties to the low fifties. We've had a few days that got in the upper fifties, and those are the days that it may have felt more humid and yielded us good rain. But right now, our due points are just about where they should be. They're not high enough to be considered monsoon. They're not really significantly above what we would expect, but they're high enough that the heating of the day, and we're getting into the hottest part of the summer here in July, that we can trigger storms as the landscape heats up. So it's decent, but I wouldn't call it, you know, for Colorado. I mean, you know, fifty sixty percent humidity is like, oh my goodness, yeah, exactly, that's it. But you've got to go to the Midwest, where like we look at due points in the mid fifties to about sixty degrees to be considered Colorado humid. But you can go into the Midwest and find those same due points oppressively thick seventies and eighties where you can drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean when I remember when I first came out here, right after I got my job, so this would have been like April May before. No, wait a minute, it was August. I guess when I started out here. I can't remember. The days are all jumbled together. So I go to a baseball game with my boss and his boss at the time, and.
Speaker 2: We're sitting there.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm coming from Louisville, Kentucky, where every day is a swamp right to your point. Every day it's like eighty five percent humidity. It's miserable every day. And we're sitting at coursefield and I'm thinking to myself, this is glorious. This is the greatest weather I have ever experienced in an August in my lifetime. And they look at me and go, God, it's so humid right now, because they're apologizing.
Speaker 2: Because it's not normally.
Speaker 1: And it was like forty percent humidity.
Speaker 2: Dave and I just laughed. I was like, you've got to be kidding me. This is glorious.
Speaker 1: So I've got a couple questions from the text line I want to get in before we ran out of time. This one is Mandy Sunday evening. We had a thunderstorm that had constant thunder and lightning rumbling, but the lightning never appeared to come in contact with the ground.
Speaker 2: Please ab Dave explain this.
Speaker 3: It's cloud to cloud lightning, so that that is a type of the strike that we can get and that generally happens with what we call nocturnal storms. The storms are still electric, but they're not as vibrant as they would be during the day where they have a little more electricity. And so we call that cloud to cloud lightning that you see at night, and it is vivid and it lights up the sky and it can be continuous in that type of an environment. We also I'll just briefly touch on you know, people in the Midwest always refer to a lightning that they can't hear thunder a heat lightning because you know, it's on a warm, humid night in the planes and you're looking off in the distance, you can't hear the thunder, and people refer to that as heat lighting. There's no such thing as heat lightning. It's just the thunderstorm that's so far away you can't hear the thunder. So got as long as we were talking about lightning.
Speaker 1: Here's the possibly most ridiculous, but question I really want the answer to.
Speaker 2: We've ever gotten?
Speaker 1: How many different suits does Dave have to wear for all his shows? Does his closet look like Henry Hill from Goodfellas?
Speaker 3: You know, we rotate, throw, we try and update, and it's like a typical wardrobe. You know. Here's the funny thing. I talk with guys that work about this all the time. You know, women I have to go on TV and they have to have numerous ouses. Honestly, a guy could wear a black suit with a white shirt and change in kigh five days in a row, and I guarantee you most people won't know it. And there was a guy in Australia television newscaster in Australia who did that for an entire year and nobody noticed, of course that he was wearing the same one. And there's some guys locally that do the same thing. I mean, Jay Leno wears the same pair of jean shirt and jean pants. He's got, like, you know, so many of them. But it's the same thing every day. And there's a couple of guys on Nightline on NBC that do the same watch them. They wear the same attire. It's the same black eyed white shirt and black suit every single time they're on.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, my little side project, I got this YouTube show with my friend Debrah Flora, and we are literally like, oh my god, when can we start repeating outfits? Because neither of us are what you would call a clothes horse.
Speaker 2: And you know, I work in radio, Dave.
Speaker 1: I mean, I barely wear pants to the office most days, so it's like wearing clothes that people are gonna see. That's like a whole new ball game that I'm not quite sure what to do with.
Speaker 2: So I don't envy that at all.
Speaker 1: For the folks working in TV and having that added pressure of having to look good.
Speaker 3: Too, Yeah, well, and there's seasonal right, certain suits looking a little better in different seasons than you rotate through. And then everyhow and then you know, I mean a couple of years you go out and buy three or four suits and kind of spice up the wardrobe. I really think it's the tie that makes the difference, and I look for ties that are bold but not flashy, that stand out against a white shirt. I always wear white shirts. I think white shirts are better than colored or striped or patterned shirts. I think the tie pops on a white shirt. I always wear white shirts, and I look for ties that can cross over different color suits. You know, the color stands out with a black suit, but can also stand out with a gray suit, and so you can get multiple uses out of ties with different setups.
Speaker 2: Dave gets my fashion. Dab Frazier gets it. Baby, he knows.
Speaker 1: Dave knows what's up, and you can see and judge his fashion accordingly. Uh as he gives you the most accurate forecast on Fox thirty one. Dave Frazer, good to talk to you, my friend. I'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 3: Happy fourteen. Hey, hey Rod, everybody over at iHeart and to all of your listeners and our viewers. Everybody have a safe holiday.
Speaker 2: Hey you too, my friend. We'll talk to you next week.