Speaker 1: Kubbe Thompson, my guest for the evening at Cubby XO xo exactly where you think it is links to everything in the episode description. That description, Cubby, thank you so much for coming on with me tonight.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. I love being here.
Speaker 1: Let me start with the basic boring. Every show starts with this. Oh my god, it's going to bring a new answer that no one's ever heard before. How did you initially decide to get into the adult entertainment industry?
Speaker 2: Well, my start might be a little different from what you've heard, so maybe I can surprise you a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure your answer is different. My question is the most hack beginning question anyone could ever ask. So I appreciate gotcha, gotcha.
Speaker 2: But yeah, my start was a little interesting. Browsers reached out to me years ago asking you if I would like to shoot for them, and I declined. I was like, you know what, no, thanks not for me. And then they reached out again a couple of years later, and I was like, you know what, let's give it a go. Why not? And yeah, So I wish I said yes the first time, but I'm happy I said yes finally.
Speaker 1: Sure, well, let me ask then, I mean, did you were you okay? Were you an accountant at a bank and browsers asked you? Or were you an online model at that point? Like why did they have a reason to reach out and ask you?
Speaker 2: Okay? So I do live streaming. I live streamed on MFC and I still stream over there occasionally, and I absolutely love it. I think it is a wonderful community and everything. And I have a lot of fun being creative coming up with fun ideas for whether it be an outfit or for like a set that I want to create, or like a theme for like the night or something. I absolutely love being creative and like testing the limits and seeing like, okay, what can I do with this like simple idea? How can I make it like a crazy fun idea instead of just like a simple idea? And I think they noticed that on my streaming. I think they noticed my dedication, my creativity, my passion for it, and so I think that's really what caught their eye where they were like, okay, so you know you look all right, but like your creativity and your passion that's what we love. And so I think that's really what caught their attention you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's nice. They probably would have done the same thing if you were six foot five, four hundred pounds because of the creativity and the passion and all of that stuff, Like they offer me all the time. They're like, please come shoot with us, You're so creative and passionate, and I just go, no, guys, I'm a monster. Actually I'm not an attactive guy. So you were camming first, then you were on MFC, and what was the entrance into that? Like then when when you did you have a vanilla job before then? Or was it like eighteen years old? Let's hop into the you know whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I did. I've had vanilla jobs. I have, but I've I'm a huge workaholic. I'm gonna be honest with you, and so any chance I can get any downtime I have, I'm like, okay, can I ask something onto my belt? Is there something else I can do? Is there something I can do more than what I'm doing now? And so yeah, I owned a couple of businesses when I was under eighteen, made decent money off of those and were able to start my life, Like I bought a house and everything before I even started this career and then I got to like a pretty like happy place, and I was like, Okay, I want something new and exciting and fun. Is something I can really just put all of my effort into. And so then I found cam And because I had a house where I had like a guest room that I can make into like a fun little cam room, now, I was like, you know what, Yeah, this sounds fun. And like I said earlier, I'm like a super creative person. I used to do cosplay for a living, and so I kind of turned that into like a bit of the Cami RealD, you know, kind of merged the two and just had some really fun with it, and I just fell in love with it. So I just went and did it full time from there.
Speaker 1: No personal details, But where does that drive to work so much come from? Because I have never found that in my life, and I am significantly older than I should be at this point. I fucking hate work, but I do like my passions. I'll stay up editing this till five in the morning and then get up and edit some more and do this and that. But my day job, I couldn't give a shit less half effort, don't really care, just kind of run through it and collect my paycheck. Bosses aren't going to like hearing that. But but what does that come from?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: I know what drives me to do that is personally? Is that thunder?
Speaker 2: Yeah, something just got struck by lightning.
Speaker 1: I was interviewing a lady the other day and a fucking motorcycle ripped by, and she said she didn't hear it, but I couldn't hear myself fucking saying the question.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you heard it, so I'm not for no reason.
Speaker 1: That was crazy. We don't We don't cut on the show unless you need me to cut. But uh man, sorry, I don't know that was so loud. I'm terrified that you're gonna be electricated.
Speaker 2: Now the lights off in five minutes.
Speaker 1: Well what does your drop? Where does that drive come from?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Again, I don't want to. Did you grow up broke? I have a theory that people grow up broke either go one or two ways. Their stay broke forever or they go I'm not gonna be broke forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh that's basically what it was. My family was pretty much split up into two and one was doing pretty okay and then the other side wasn't doing so okay, and so I got to experience what honest drive can do for you. And then what if you just want to like be okay with this, So you could just be okay with this, And yeah, I chose to really try and get myself out of that situation and really try and make a better, different life for myself. And I feel like I've done pretty okay. Honestly, I feel like I feel like we're doing okay over here.
Speaker 1: I think you're doing great. I think you're doing from the homicipt for the fucking weather outside. You haven't figured out how to change, you know, Okay. I always and I don't want to delve into personal I just always have this theory that some of the most interesting and hardest working people I speak to in this industry again, nothing about the personal stuff, but grew up maybe realizing I need to get out of this, I have to get out of whatever this is. And you did that even before getting into the adult entertainment industry. You were just like, hey, I'm not going to be fucking broke.
Speaker 2: Yeah. From a very very young age, I was obsessed with like credit score and learning about mortgages and everything. So then before I even got to that age where I needed to start worrying about that. I knew how to handle it. I knew what to do. I knew what to prepare for and do like re prep before whoever I even got to that stage than when I got there, I was like, oh, I understand it, I know it. I'm set. I know what I need to do, and I'm going to do those things. And yeah, that's what happened.
Speaker 1: So going into then again, you're already successful in all these different things. Now you want a new creative venture. How does it get to I'm going to take my clothes off now? Because it seems like a leap, Like I couldn't get to that leap. I would have to be like gun against my wife's head. You have to take your clothes off now, and I'd be like fuck, I guess yeah, how do you get there? How? Cause it it seems drastic. But you're very attractive, so it seemed like that's a logical step if you want to make a ton of money right away.
Speaker 2: You know, I've always been very confident. I've always been very a little bit of a I'm going to dress up so I can get some eyes on me rather than like cover up and just hide in the corner and just blend into everything. I've always been a little bit more of like a I'm going to stand out, and so yeah, it just came kind naturally, Honestly, I'll be brutally honest. I was always one of those people that was just like posting selfies online for like what reason. I wasn't like an influencer or anything, you know, and so it's just like, let's take these selfies a little bit further. I get a little bit more eyes on them.
Speaker 1: You know, you're my free cams?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Was that just solo? There we go, There we go, there's the thunder again? Was that there?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: Was that solo?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did by myself. I occasionally collabed with other NFC models that were on there and stuff, but I would say ninety nine percent of the time it was just me myself and.
Speaker 1: I'm so, how about your first boy Girl shoot? Was that for browsers? Then im? And no?
Speaker 2: I shoot content for myself as well, and the first boy Girl video was actually on there. I did a campaign on my stream one month where I said, if we get like a top number for the model on the entire site for the month. I was like, if we get above this number, I'll release my first ever boy girl video, and yeah, they coleared that goal and so natural progression from there.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah that makes sense. How about your first time on set? Was that Browsers like a set set, like a you're not in control of this set?
Speaker 2: It was? It was. It was my very first mainstream video ever was for Browsers, which I have come to learn that that is a really cool thing that not a lot of people get to say, and so I'm getting much more proud of seeing that now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it did. It's it's no offense to you. You work hard on this and that, But it seems like if you were to tell anybody that would be like, what was your first car? I was a Mercedes brand new? Off the lot? It's like, oh, kubby, what was the first thing she's got? Brawsers? Oh, interesting, Well, her own content after she had built her own businesses up throughout her life, but also Brawser's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to stroke my Ferrari off the lot.
Speaker 1: It's fine when you when you step onto that set, is there any anxiety with that? Is there any fear or are you just full confidence, is it full energy, like what's going through your head in that moment.
Speaker 2: Whenever I work with a new crew, there is always a slight anxiousness in there where it's like, oh, I wonder how they work, I wonder how they perform. I wonder how the day is gonna go. I wonder if they're nice, is they like joking around or if they're just like stone cold serious, like you know, there's always that side anxiety where it's like the unknown of how people are going to react that you've never met before. But especially once I get on set, once the cameras start rolling, or if it's a crew that I've worked with tons of like tons of times, there's no nervous is there. This is what I'm supposed to do. I feel like this is like my calling in life, And so as soon as the cameras start rolling, I'm like, yes, it's my time. Now, it's what I'm supposed to be doing, Like let's do this.
Speaker 1: You know, It's no, it's it's it is not more evident then I don't know what the fuck I'm trying to say. It is very evident that you are not just kind of a one note type person because going through your bio that was sent over by Erica, the lovely Erica. We all love Erica. I don't know. I don't know why I said that, like a president. We all love Erica. Eric is the best. She's the greatest there's ever been.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 1: But going through the bio, I'm like, Okay, what do I need to plug for sure? Here? Holy shit? How much does she have going on everywhere? Tell me about First off, very simple, and this goes back to another thing. Tell me about your Etsy shop because I pulled up your Etsy shop and first question I have for you it seems like the futured items are your calendar every year? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, they are a highlight items each year.
Speaker 1: Sure. Second question is do you have to buy them? This sounds really I have one of the hottest women in the world on with me, and I go like this, do you have to buy them in advance or they print to share?
Speaker 2: Okay, so we'll get down to the manufacturer questions. I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it. Supply chain now I want to know about supply chain.
Speaker 2: Yes, what kind of discounts to you?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: No, I yeah, the calendars are definitely the hot ticket item. I also have cub cult surets, which is what I call my fandom. They're the cub cults, and so yeah, you can rock your cub cult merch. You can hang me up on your wall. There's also other things in they're like stickers and like little resin things that I make, which is really fun. It's really I'm a painter. I like doing art, and so it's really fun to like either have a painting or like little resin things that I make or whatever and put them in there. So then it's not just like a merch item. It's like a piece of art that I actually created. And it could be like sneaky, like oh, you know when people are over, you don't have to tell them like oh, a porn star paint of that, but like when your friends are over you like a porn star hated me this, Like it's a little more fun than just like slapping my face on something being like, oh, merch, it's just me. It's like no, there's like you're like obvious merch and then like sneaky merch.
Speaker 1: My wife just got into felting. You ever fuck with felting?
Speaker 2: I have I poked my finger too many times.
Speaker 1: And I was like you know this is me, So I'm looking at seeing your resin school. We haven't really dug into resin in our household. We're an artistic household as well. And by that I mean and I make jokes into a microphone.
Speaker 2: I don't love it.
Speaker 1: I love it. Going back, one question, the twenty twenty four calendar. Now here's my question. Do you have like ten boxes of those sitting around somewhere that you're like, fuck, man, these got to pick up, like did October hit? Or are you good? Like you have limited quantities left?
Speaker 2: We're okay, there's definitely limited quantities left. But I will say last year I did make a slight buck up and when I was ordering them, initially we're fine now, thank goodness, I sold them. But last year when I was ordering them, I accidentally my fingers slipped and I hit an extra button and so rather than like two hundred, I had like two thousand. You know who, not ideal, especially when they get delivered and you didn't realize until the boxes just keep showing up and you're like, oh my god, what did I do? But yeah, thankfully, thankfully, we're good. Now. There's limited quantities, so you know, got to get it.
Speaker 1: If you're on it, do you start looking at the inventory around octob and you're like, fuck, we gotta move this. Let's get this move in. Are you okay?
Speaker 2: That's just a j I honestly, I do it per month. I'll get so many each month and then I'm like, okay, so this is about how many go each month, and so I'll get that many. But then if there's like if we didn't do that many that month, then yeah, I'll be like ooh, little deal going. You know, I can't a free stick over the calendar. Let's see.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I need to move on from supply chain otherwise the listeners are gonna fucking kill me. You know exactly where to find Kubby Thompson here at Cubby xoxo. So just moving aside separately OnlyFans. What kind of content do you produce for your only fans? Is it a little bit of everything? Do you have like a niche you kind of stick to?
Speaker 2: You know? I tried sticking to like certain things and have this be like my thing that I always do. But then I realized that it got a little too repetitive and a little too like, oh, they know what to expect, which can be a good thing, but I really like my creative side. Once again. I just really like having it be where like you're like, oh, she's online right now, like I have no clue what she's going to post right now. Like I could be like in full like Grinch body paint, or I could just be in like a sexy little outfit, like you know, like you never know what you're going to expect, and I kind of like that. It kind of makes it fun because like sometimes we'd be like super like sexy shows that are you know, you're there for something specific, and then there's other ones where we're being silly or we're body painting or I'm just doing chores like naked around my house. Like there's so many different things where it's like you never know what you're going to get, and that's what I like about it.
Speaker 1: Sure sure now, as I discussed with my wife, men are the problem in the world. Do you also get complaints on those things like you post cleaning around the house and some guys like do the bedroom, what do you do in I don't care about the kitchen, you know, or or guys like, oh, fucking go take a shower, don't post all this other kind like they want specific things or is everyone pretty happy? Is everyone in the cult club? No, the cub cult. The club is what I'm starting. And if you want to sign up, you just have to drink the flavor Aid. Oh my god, it wasn't actually cool aid at jonestown. It was flavor aid anyway. Uh, what was my question? Oh? Do you get complaints on it though? And what does that feel like if you put your heart and soul in your creativity into something and someone posts like some guy with a you know, I don't know of some kind of anime fucking avatar comments like boring period.
Speaker 2: You know, Thankfully I don't really get any complaints. I think the cub cult is very understanding of like who I am. That I sometimes am in a silly, goofy mood. Sometimes I'm in a sexy mood. Other times I'm like, hey, I want to hang out with you, like let's just like and like catch up and everything, or watch a movie together. And I think they truly understand that that I'm just like me on there. I'm not putting on like a character, like I'm trying to be like this like perfect person or anything No, I'm just like it's more like girlfriend experience, Like not every day would I be just like putting on a full on production show. A lot of the times I do. But then there's other times where it's like, no, let's hang out and like cuddle and like watch a movie and like have dinner together. Like you know, there's like there's there's the whole thing. So I think they really like the girlfriend experience that I sell on there.
Speaker 1: Sure, and sometimes your girlfriend wants to just sit on the couch in sweatpants and watch Netflix. I suppose that, do you know that?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, getting into the industry or not getting it? Have you had any this is a question I recently added to my repertoire, and maybe not. Have you had any firsts in porn? Not like in porn like you did it for the first time. Obviously you did all that, But was there anything you did in porn that you had never done in your personal life before that then you had to experience it for the first time in front of X amount of people with giant lights on you, you know.
Speaker 2: I think there's like there's tons of different ways that I could answer that, because I did start in the adult industry almost as soon as I could. I would say a lot of my first have been on camera. Like the first time I've ever been with a girl was on camera. The first time I ever did a threesome was on camera. The first time I ever did like some more like kinky like bondage stuff like was ever on camera. And so like, I think there's a lot of things that people would be surprised where it was like, oh, that was your first time, because like you know, I'm just I'd get into things, I enjoy things, and so a lot of the times you can't even tell, like it was my first time ever, but a lot the times it is my first on camera.
Speaker 1: So how do you prep for any of those types of things, Like how do you prep for your first girl girl seeing? Do you like find a very feminine looking boy and kiss him a lot? Or like what is that was just a real bad joke? What do you do to prep for these types of things? Was there anything or were you just kind of like fuck it, let's run in and try this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a very experimental person. I will try anything once, whether that be sexual, food, like anything. I will try anything at least once. But I always say, you have to try it twice. The first time could be a bad restaurant, could be a bad cook that night, but if you go back, you're like, no, this is the best meal I've ever had. So you know, you always have to try things at least once, but definitely try it twice. And that's how I've kind of always been. So I'm always just like, oh, I've never tried that, Let's try it. If it's for me, then fuck yeah, it's for me after that. But if it's not for me, like they let me try with somebody else, let me see if it's a different vibe or something with somebody else, and then if it's still not for me, then it's still not for me. But you gotta try things. That's the exciting part of life.
Speaker 1: I understand the variety that your creativity takes. But let me say, let me ask this, if there was one specialty, kink or fetish that you especially enjoy. Everything else is in ninety nine? This is one hundred is there? And it just whatever it was, you started getting a bunch of requests for it on your only fans, would you be thrilled? No, that's not even a question. I don't I tried to word it in a way where it was like, don't sound stupid, and instead I believe, Yeah, I don't. I don't you sound like my wife and not my mother. Uh So, let me ask again, what is like a specialty? If you will that if you had to stick to just one thing you'd be happy doing that? Is it? Just do you like doing joy stuff, solo stuff, boy girl stuff? Like again, if you were only fans had to rebrand as one strictly one niche, blah blah blah, what do you think it would be?
Speaker 2: Honestly, if I had to pick one, that's so hard because I like it all, but I think I would go with more of the like cosplay themed, like storytelling, uh like niche just because like I have, some of my favorite videos for me personally and for my viewers are the ones where like I make like full sets, I make full storylines, I make like costumes to go with it. Like I have ones that I'm like a devil girl and I made like a full dungeon with as salt rain candles like this whole thing. There's another Harry Potter one where I like, I rented out an entire train station just for like a ten second clip in the beginning of the video of me or at the school, you know, like there's just I love fully going out with like the cosplay and the storytelling ones where it's like, no, I'm like role playing as a character, Like I love those ones, and so I probably would pick like cosplay role play to be my thing.
Speaker 1: What is your favorite theme of cosplay that you like to dive into? Is an anime stuff? If is it Star Wars? Do you really like Willow stuff from the eighties and don't even get that reference.
Speaker 2: Listen, I am a huge Star Wars nerd. Like I posted something yesterday of me swinging lightsabers, Like I that's like a daily exercise for me at this point is lightsaber fielding. So you know, yeah, let's for sure let's go that. Oh my gosh, I did Darth Maul last made a fourth full I have to do it again this year. Like I never felt more myself was when I was Darth Maul. I was like, oh my god, this is me.
Speaker 1: Okay, but are you making in the cosplay?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, yeah I have. I have some posters where it's.
Speaker 1: Are you read all over? Yeah?
Speaker 2: These hours?
Speaker 1: Want you just be.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've done a bit of it all.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I done some Lay, I've done some Luke. I've done some Darth Vader Darth Maul like you know I've done. I've done a couple of characters.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: I gotta do Jaba next.
Speaker 1: I'll do jobafore you. I'm not that big, folks, by the way, I'm okay, I'm I'm all right, I'm okay, I'm all right. That's what I have to keep reaffirming to my wife every night. You know, I'm okay. I have nice eyes and good teeth. That should be enough. You also have. Now, Look, I take this very seriously because I've never had the balls to actually get on stage. I have to do it behind a microphone. You have comedian light on your Twitter bio.
Speaker 2: I do, I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? Have you ever actually done like stand up stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I used to have a comedy stage show when I used to do cosplay and stuff. I had a comedy stage show that I did and it was tons of fun. It was I traveled to so many states and just made people laugh, which is like my entire purpose for living is just to make as many people laugh as I can. Sure, That's why I started my YouTube because it's kind of like me being silly, goofy, like I want to make you laugh. So yeah, that stage show really like spawned so many things where I just like, I just want to make people laugh.
Speaker 1: You know, I always try and put anxiety on other people, So I apologize for that. But here's what I'll ask. Is it more anxiety inducing to stand up in front of two hundred people at a stage show or to step on a set where we're doing a you know, male male female today like something like that.
Speaker 2: Honestly, and I know people would think I'm crazy for this, but I think they're about the same, which is crazy because one you're just standing there with a microphone and the other one you have like your clothes taken off and everybody's staring at you. But like they're they're about the same. To me. You I get that like tiny bit of nervousness, like the same thing where it's like I wonder how they're gonna react, Like I wonder how they're gonna be, And then as soon as you get up there and like it starts and everything, then you're just like I'm in my element.
Speaker 1: Let's do this to be fair. Here's why it is scary because as an audience member I'm a lot more likely to heckle you if you're standing on the stage with a microphone rather than naked on a couch like the second one. I don't give a shit what you say. I'll just yep, she's right, she's got it, she says is good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you're up there and you're like, you have airplane food, I'm like, Yo, get this chick off the stage.
Speaker 2: You have an airplane. But okay, honestly that deserves me heckled a little.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you ever want so? Here's what I love hearing about you is you do these grand productions. It sounds like, or you at least try to when you work on and you build up these grain productions. What is the crossover to mainstream gonna be someday? Because I don't know that this world can contain you creativity. I think you can only play step daughter for so many years before you become step mother, and then you just go I'm tired of being a step something. Do you have mainstream ambitions at all?
Speaker 2: Like like mainstream mainstream, like like movies, movies, And I don't mean like oh, Cubby and Leo, like, look, sorry, Brass's was your first one here, but you may have to start a little bit smaller when it comes to Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Hollywood. But I mean, I mean, I mean, like, uh, do you have any ambitions too? I know a lot of porn stars start off doing like horror movie roles and stuff, and I think that's pretty much because they can get the tops off, right.
Speaker 2: It seems like, yeah, they just gotta stream and they're like, you your books, you got it, so you know. I feel like I feel like that's a pretty good place to start for a lot of people. Yeah, no, I would. I would love to. Honestly, I was a theater kid growing up. That's why so many of my uh, mainstream movies currently in the adult industry have long scripts or a lot of acting in them, because the directors know, like, hey, this one, this one can act a little bit. So I genuinely enjoy acting. I love like pretending to be a different character, So I would love to. But I more importantly, I think I would really like to eventually be behind the camera in the adult mainstream industry and direct I would love I have so many ideas for videos and stuff that I would love to really just get them out and do them. And I think with all like the grandeur of how I like to do things with like sets and costumes and themes, role play and everything, I think I can make some really fun stuff. So I would love to try one day.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, you have a very. And I'm not just blowing smoke here, I'm being serious. You have a very. Uh it was ironic. I used Leo in that thing, your very, Margot Robbie looked to your face. Are you told that ever?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: I compliment it is. I love that great. If you hate it, Margot Robbie and you're just like, yo, fuck her, I was just like, this is okay, No, she's great.
Speaker 2: And I love that she's Harley Quinn because I have like my own little like clown persona, and you know, so I feel like we're just like par on par on that like I feel like I'm the adult industry version of her.
Speaker 1: I think that's the way I always. I love hearing what you said there too, because I make no judgments on anyone in this industry. You can go whatever path you want to do. If someone girl says to me, I want to make three million dollars and then I'm out, wonderful, good for you. I want to shoot until I'm doing granny stuff, wonderful, good for you. So rare to hear people say I want to get behind the camera and I want to work in a way that's not judged just based off of how I look or how I perform in front of.
Speaker 2: It, exactly like, I really want to show my creative side, Like while I look okay, I'll be in front of the camera, but then eventually I just want to get behind the camera. I want to write scripts. I want to show my silly, goofy side. I want to show my creative side. I just want to you know, I want to take what I do for my own content and do it for companies and make it really big and grand and amazing.
Speaker 1: Is there a chance you grow your brand big enough where you don't even think about working with the mainstreams in that way? Because you say I'd like to grow myself big enough to do this and that, But I mean, we both. I'm sure no women in this industry who the stuff they make is almost bigger than a lot of the mainstream A lot of the interviews I do with people. They say, I shoot mainstream to advertise my personal stuff. You know, you slap a big face at the top there, and someone goes, I need to see if she is an only fans at cubby xo xo. I need to see that, man, You know, that would be great.
Speaker 2: I I have started coming up with a business that I could transform into a production company one day. I'm starting to set up with the tiles, you know, for the future and everything for what I want. People always talk about how scary a ten year plan is, and I'm like, no, I'm already on my twenty year plan. Like we're already not far in advance. So yeah, I would love to make a name for myself in this industry, make friends in this industry, and then eventually transform that into my own thing where I can have my own ideas with my own company, and then have my amazing, beautiful friends that are in the industry shooting for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let's set a milestone right now. Today, the day we're doing this interview, I want to do a thing we call stat check. Now. Stat check is a thing where we use the Internet Adult Film Database IAFD, and it's almost like IMDb except it is nowhere near as accurate. All the numbers are wrong. I'm gonna say, I'm to you, and your response is gonna be this. I just know it. You're gonna go. Those numbers are off, even though we've established at the beginning those numbers they're off. I told you so, you probably won't do it, but you might do it anyway and go. Those numbers are off. Let me run through it. So, according to IAFD dot com scenes thirty one, you've done thirty one scenes. Now, this doesn't count personal stuff, this and that. It counts so many VIDs but not it's wrong. We're just gonna check on it a year from now when you own your own studio and we're like, oh my god, remember when she only did thirty one scenes. Number of guys you've worked with twenty two, so that means you can still get into heaven. A number of girls you've worked with eight. No. Now, as far as nominations, I'm only going AVN here. I know you have other ones as well, but no AVN nominations yet. Is that correct? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So far all of these are wrong, but that's fine.
Speaker 1: She did it. She did it, folks. We knew she'd do it because we know how valuable numbers are to these adult performers. It is their livelihood, which means make sure you go sign up at cubby XO XO linked everything in the episode description, but we knew she'd do it, so no, no, no wins yet. You know it was funny. I interviewed someone the other day and she was at her computer and she goes, hold on and I hear typing, and I go, okay, what are you doing? She goes, I have a spreadsheet with everyone I've worked with, and I was like, oh, oh, this is great. So I go your IAFD says this many scenes. She goes one, two, three, she goes, no, that's wrong, thirty eight and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, iconic, No, I have been nominated for a v and Awards. I think there was six maybe in total that I've been nominated for. I haven't won any with av IN yet, but I have one. Oh my goodness, I have one, the Lightning Back. I have won three Expiz Awards and seven Foreign Awards as well as like thirteen Cammy Awards and everything. But yeah, no Evans yet, but we're coming for you next time we do this. I'm I'd be like, I got one.
Speaker 1: And then I know that absolutely the ALT Awards interesting because that was my first one. I first look at you, I go again, I was born way later than you, earlier, late whatever, I'm older than you. And I look at and I went, oh, this girl's alt or what we called it back in the early two thousands, we would have said, goth, that was wrong your tattoos? Are we going to grow it out to a full body? Are you happy? Wor you are? Now? Is a couple more you want to pick up?
Speaker 2: I definitely want a couple of more on I know I completely covered them. What's perfect for this conversation right now? This arm, this arm is a full sleeve. It's like fully covered. This arm has like little sticker ones here and there. I would love to get a few more sticker ones that have meaning and stuff. But I don't really think a full like body sleeve is every in my future. I have some of my legs, but you know, I like I like you to see like me a little bit still, but also some stuff that I'm into, so I'd like to keep it that way.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, the hocus pocus on the back of your thighs? What is the story behind that.
Speaker 2: I'm honestly just a huge hocus Pocus fan. It is my second favorite movie of all time. And I got it on my thighs because you know that's where the magic is.
Speaker 1: My wife and I every year we're in Jersey. Every year we drive up to Salem for Halloween. Oh we stay there for a week. We've done it for like ten years now, save for one COVID year in the middle. But it's you're coming, get out of here. Actually, actually, my wife would leave me home as long as you were driving, that would be fine. But we go every year. It's it's just the most have you ever been?
Speaker 2: I haven't one day.
Speaker 1: It's the most beautiful little just walking down just small shops everywhere. If you drink, there's a brewery, there's the best restaurants. Oh I heard those.
Speaker 2: Really good museums too. I love a good museum.
Speaker 1: See. I never want to hit the nerd ship, but yeah, there's some great musings up there.
Speaker 2: I told you when I was a kid, I had read books about mortgages. We're getting you don't think I love a good museum.
Speaker 1: We got to get back to this too, because you are very funny too. And it is not ever my It's never been the thing I see where I go hot chick and then she turns out to be really funny and you are really funny and you're hot ship and oh also she's a nerd, which normally is kind of bullshit. Normally the hot girls who do cosplay and stuff are like, hey, I watched an episode of Star Wars episode seven. Once.
Speaker 2: It's all just for a show, and then you're like or like Legos. Everybody's into Legos all of a sudden, and I'm like, oh, really, what's block number two, story four seven? Yeah, you don't know, do you like exactly? So we have a pink Lego? No, they don't liars, you don't know anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, So I don't mean I don't I don't mean this an insulting way. I have to ask, though, were you always an attractive person or did you glom to the nerd stuff, because maybe you were like kind of a weird girl and then like you grew up and got hot and everyone's like, oh my god, that fucking girl that likes legos is hot now.
Speaker 2: I would say it was a little mix of both. I was definitely like the weirdo in school, like for sure, like the teacher's pet, like four point oh gpa, like oh my god, okay, book Nerd. I was that type of kid in school. So I was always a little bit of like the outcast. But I haven't really changed too much how I look. I don't think like you can look at photos on me earlier and like I look a little bit different, but like pretty much the same. So I think I was just a weird mediocrely okay nerd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I think about however the universe creates people and the soup that they drop in, and I think mine's mostly water with like a carrot in it, and yours is this big, grand soup with creativity and beauty and intelligence. Four point zero. Dude, I had like a two point two in college and I went for film. Do you know how dumb you have to be to get that in college? A film?
Speaker 2: You know? I'm sure you did great.
Speaker 1: Uh well, I'm good. I'm good enough to be sitting here talking to Kubby Thompson. Uh you said, hocus Pocus second favorite movie of all time with.
Speaker 2: Your favorite Jaws by car.
Speaker 1: You just like, I mean, you won my wife over ten times over.
Speaker 2: No, that's why I have sharp tattoos all over me, Like I literally am covered in shark tattoos. And it's just because, like they're my favorite animal. I admire them so much. I love the movie Jaws. I think it is a masterpiece. So yeah, I just for the greatest.
Speaker 1: You know what you're not, though I don't. I'm read I'm trying to read you here. You you have the altish style, you have nerd culture. You're not a snake girl, though, yeah I am. I have a no folks run. We had a this one, this one will ruin your house. Okay, yeah, okay, all right. One time I was down the beach with an ex girlfriend and I won this fucking it was you could have a goldfish or a little lizard. I had never owned a lizard before. I have no interest in owning a lizard. So I chose the lizard and we come home. So of course you chose the listener none whatsoever, And I'm like, okay, it's five bucks to win this thing. Great, I'll take the lizard home. The lizard will eventually die and whatever. And then I felt bad. I was like, oh, I can't just like let this lizard die because I've never been animals or whatever. So I had to go out and spend like three hundred dollars on this fucking full setup and had a lamp on it. And this dumb lizard lived for like four years. Do you know how long those animals at the beach die? They're begging for death when they're in those little bags waiting to be picked up from the corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you know what kind of lizard it was? It was in a knoll, h So it was like the little green ones, just.
Speaker 1: A little guy, and it terrified the shit out of me. And I had to feed it crickets, and I would have to pick up the crickets by their legs with a tweezer and drop it in and then I.
Speaker 2: You can also just pick them up with your hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you could do that. Sure, you could do that. That's true. You're becoming your house to deliver crickets to your lizards, folks.
Speaker 2: But that's my next business venture after this adult world. Forget the directing thing. I'm going to deliver in my hands.
Speaker 1: What kind of lizard do you have?
Speaker 2: I have a bearded dragon.
Speaker 1: Okay, see they're cute. They are kind of cute because they're like creepy looking, but like when they run towards you and stuff this, Yeah, they do that. Well that's what I do, jazz hands. Huh. Okay, So what do we have coming up in the future? Do you have any type of scene or shoot coming up? You don't have to say names or whatever, but that you're so so excited to do.
Speaker 2: I will give one a shout out because I've already done it and the lightning is back. I've already shot this video, but I think it's really going to be one that people need to look out for. I shot with Angela White and Kieren Lee, and it was Kieren Lee's big brasser comeback in almost two years, so he hasn't shot from them, so it was his big comeback video. Obviously, it's Angela White, who was an icon, and then I was thrown in that mix somehow, and so you know, I definitely think it's the one that everybody should go watch when it comes out. There's not a release date yet, but you better watch it for me. Better hype it up, you do?
Speaker 1: You just okay, I don't mean this in a rude way at all. Do you just expect it now that you'll have all because again your first offer, your first big thing or whatever, getting in brassers just throw away at whatever, just browsers.
Speaker 2: Now they're like, Ferrari, do you.
Speaker 1: Want to be the comeback scene for Kiaren and to work with just Angela White too? By the way, do you are you expecting it now? Like if you showed up on set and some dude was just kind of like average, would you just be like, all right, we'll get through this.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't expect anything in my life. I think you genuinely have to put your whole heart and soul into something and then you'll be rewarded. And so I think that that is what is happening. Is I am I got a small reward for my dedication and passion to this industry. But I yeah, the grind isn't going to stop because I think I am gonna just get everything now Like no, definitely not. And it's exactly we're gonna go harder than ever.
Speaker 1: Last question I have. I have two questions for you. This one's a little more complicated and then just a nice wrap up question. But are you nervous about AI at all? Because I thought also personal experience. That's what I had always heard. I don't want to talk to someone that looks like Kubby Thompson. I want to talk to Kubby Thompson herself. But there was a new report that came out that said only fans revenues for AI models may surpass real models in twenty twenty six. Are you terrified of AI? Do you see it as kind of a benefit because some of the stuff they've been doing with like Sora and this and that is very interesting, very very interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, So my personal opinion on AI, I think that it can be really helpful in so many ways. I think there's so many ways that we really need AI to make things better. But then I think there's other ways like that where it's people having profiles that are almost solely just AI based people and it's not even a real person. I think that can be very harming and dangerous. I think people there's a lot of people that I've seen on Twitter even there's been like AI photos where like I look at it, like she has seventeen toes, like, of course that's AI. But then you'll look at the comments and there'll be tons of people that won't know that it's AI, and so I think it can be very dangerous. I think if it's going to happen, there needs to be precautions put in place where the profile maybe look different or is different, and that clearly states, hey, this is not a real person. This is you know, like there needs to be like banners on things or something. There needs to be something that lets people know this is not and never will be a real person type of thing. But I think once precaution is like that can be made and then somebody can easily look at a profile and be like, oh, this doesn't have the AI things all over, so this is a real person. Like, I think, once things like that get put into place, it won't be as scary of a thing. But I think right now, where we're in this weird limbo stage with it, and some people can tell, some people can't tell, I think that is where it can be a dangerous, scary and not good place that it's in right now.
Speaker 1: I really like it for it because I understand the argument that artists make too. You're taking things away from artists, You're not giving the opportunity or the AI is drawling from artists. Where I think it could be really beneficial. Ease right there where I think it could be really beneficial. Is you shot your thing, you closed off that train station. What if we could just green screen that You're not really hurting any artists, You're not doing anything, so background work I think would be great. Stuff you can't do, like if I have to fix my voice in something, AI can help with that. But I agree the scam thing is just completely like your scumbag if you're doing I get it. Last question, what's the endgame? Are you just gonna keep growing? I asked you before about mainstream, but also it sounded like you kind of answered it is endgame behind the camera for the next X amount of years. Or is porn which there is no problem with this is porn a pit stop, not a pit stop in a bad way, but a stop on a more creative journey you're doing.
Speaker 2: I definitely wouldn't say porn is a pit stop for me. I definitely think it is something that has changed my life, and so I would like to eventually do the same and hopefully change the porn game a little bit, change how things are shot or done, or like do new interesting things that haven't been done yet. I would love to be the call maker for some of those things, but I'm definitely not ready for that yet. I'm definitely loving being in front of the camera for right now. I think this is where I want to be for a bit longer, and then maybe like ten years down the line and we can switch it up and then you guys can start watching some of the movies that I produce.
Speaker 1: My guest tonight, Kubby Thompson. You know exactly where you can find her at Cubby xoxo. Make sure you go to the episode description, follow everywhere that's free, bare minimum. Go pay for what you are able to pay for. Don't put your family in you know, debt, because maybe do it if that's kind of your thing. I don't know. I'm not gonna judge your relationship, but make sure you support these people because if you don't support them, then the AI takes over. Ladies and gentlemen. My guest tonight, Cobby Thompson. Cubby, thanks so much for coming on.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.