Speaker 1: It's time for Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do it five o'clock hour here on a Tuesday edition of Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. Don't forget to sign up if you have not yet to become a member of the Refreshing Awards program at Thortons. You're gonna save money at the gas pump. You'll also just be better off. I can't you know, I can't prove that to you, but just just trust me. You trust me, right, I hope you do.
Speaker 3: Sign up. It's easy.
Speaker 2: If you have a smartphone, the Apple App Store, the Google Play Store, you'll find it.
Speaker 3: Just search for Freshman Awards or search for Thornton's. It's there. You sign up.
Speaker 2: It's free to sign up, and then you start saving money, so it's almost like they're paying you. I mean, not really, but you know what I mean. So sign up today and I think you'll be happy that you did. All right, five O two five nine hundred is the number if you guys want to jump in and join us on the phone lines. We do have phone lines open now. You can also text in five O two six five three zero seven ninety. That's the L and N Federal Credit Union text line. Would love to hear from you guys. Have some text I want to get you a little bit later on that that have come in today, but usually by tonight or Tomorrow's when I'll start taking a look at, you know, the we the you know, the upcoming games and not on the NFL, but also in college football. And because Louisville's coming off a bye week and they've got their first test, I really haven't paid, you know, a whole lot of attention to the uh, you know, the slate, as they say, at least not yet.
Speaker 3: I'll get to it. But when it comes to this.
Speaker 2: Louisville game, I'm gonna do a little look here to see if we've got any early info here on what betters are doing here. So right now, it opened up at Georgia Tech plus nine and a half. It's now at Georgia Tech plus ten and a half. I'm a little surprised by that. I think Louisville is a good team. I think Georgia Tech's a good team. I think Louisville has the edge, but you know, Georgia Tech's more tested. They're not coming in here. I mean they've already taken a loss. They've lost to Syracuse, a team that looks to be solid this year. We'll see if that plays out to be the case for the rest of the year. They did beat Florida State, and man, Florida States made it to where you really don't know what to make of that win. The George Tech got against him. They took care of state against George. They took care of business against Georgia State the following week, and they're coming off of a blowout victory against VMIS. So they're sitting here two and one with their one loss being the Qus on the road. Now they've got another road game coming here to Louisville. And we let you you know, we didn't play the sound. But Brent Pryor is a Brent Key. I get a mixed up. There's two Brents. One's the coach at Virginia Tech. One's the coach at Georgia Tech. It's easy for me to get for me to get confused, I'm pretty sure it's Brent Key.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is Brint Key.
Speaker 2: So you know, I'm looking here at at at some of the you know, if you got a sports line dot Com, not to give him a free plug, but they've got a lot of good info when it comes to sports wagering and whatnot, and they've got those that make their make their expert picks. And uh, the first pick that's been logged here from their experts at sportsline dot Com is Georgia Tech plus eleven and a half. So what he's done is he's he's added a point to make it, to make it, you know, where they don't have to. You know, he's he's he's losing some juice here on the bet, but he's more confident in them covering eleven and a half. But you know, not ten and a half or nine and a half, which is what it what it was in the uh, in the opening line. But this game last year, like people keep bringing up how close it was last year, and it was. But more than anything, I think it was due to the fact that that Louisville just kind of came out and honestly, can I say it, Jack Plumber, like he was really bad in that first half. We didn't know what we had. It was a veteran quarterback who played for Brahm, who transferred in from cal And you know, Jack settled in and certainly did did his part to help Louisville get to a ten win season. But we all know last year it certainly felt like a good chunk of the season that when it comes to your offense, your weakness was your quarterback as far as his consistency and whatnot, decision making those things.
Speaker 3: So, you know, I don't to go.
Speaker 2: Back to what I talked about yesterday when people bring up like previous trends from years back, like that didn't have anything to do with this year, especially when you've got teams that are you know, most of the most teams I think at the power for level, not all, but a lot of them are gonna be vastly different every year now because of the portal. So I mean, yeah, I know it was competitive last year into Louisville and the second half really took over.
Speaker 3: But you know, I.
Speaker 2: There's something that adds a level of excitement here knowing that I don't know what to expect. I think Louisville fans should expect to win, and if not, I think it should make you kind of reset what you think this team can do, because, with all due respect to Georgia Tech, you're gonna play a lot better teams than Georgia Tech in my opinion. I mean, right now, I'm not sure Georgia Tech's better in Boston College, which is crazy to say, but Bill O'Brien's a hell of a coach. And they just took Missouri to the wire at Missouri who which is crazy to say it out loud, but it's true. Missouri is a top ten team right now. I don't know if I believe that they're that good, but they're coming off of a special season a year ago, and so far they've they've managed to look pretty good so far early on in this season. So you know, there's all kinds of layers here to this matchup that has me excited. The biggest one is that it's the first test to kind of see where Louisville is. But also, you know, the unknown, right That's that's I mean, the intrigue of the unknown is something that does excite me. It does excite me. But again, if you if you struggle with Georgia Tech and lose, it doesn't mean that you're destined to lose the next games that you have on the slate, but like a home loss to Georgia Tech, what would that do? What would that do for your vibe heading to the road, heading on the road to play Notre Dame in South Bend just a week later. I mean doesn't mean you can't win. Northern Illinois did it, But I just I would love for Louisville to not only win, and I'm not trying to get greedy here, but I'd love for them to, you know, win and not really even make a statement because I don't know if you can really make a statement here. If you won, like fifty six to seven, yeah, that would be a statement. But would the statement be more about Georgia Tech or Louisville.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess that could be for whoever wants to make that determination to decide. But I really like the thought of having momentum when you go to Notre Dame because here's best case, I mean the best case scenarios. You went out, which is unlikely, but you take care of business against Georgia Tech, you win, you feel good coming off that win. You go into Notre Dame. I still think you're going to be underdogs there, so that would be an upsome set and I don't know. I can we still say, John, you're an outsider, you're not a Louisville fan. Winning at South Bend. That would put Notre Dame with two losses and essentially out of the playoff for good.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: Again, And that becomes like that, that becomes the bigger takeaway from that outcome than Louisville winning.
Speaker 3: Does it not much? That's exactly what happened last year? Did it not?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: But I can't remember they were coming off the Duke game, correct, Yeah, and they ended up finding a way.
Speaker 2: No Notre Dame, who did Notre Dame to lose to last year they already had I think they already had one loss, didn't they?
Speaker 4: Or maybe no?
Speaker 5: Because the not got to look at up scenario was that both teams were were unbeaten or something like that for Louisville. I'm talking about whenever they came into that game. I know you're looking it up right now, but I do remember some intrigue on the Louisville side of things.
Speaker 2: As they lost to Ohio State two weeks prior, and they should have lost to Duke at Wallace Wade Stadium. With their current quarterback Riley Leonard, who played for Duke at the time.
Speaker 3: That's what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ohio's State was number six in the country at that time. It was a close game fourteen seventeen, so you really didn't lose any luster if you're a Notre Dame when that happened. So how it's set up was, Yeah, they have one loss already, but they you know, they lost to Ohio State, who most teams would lose to, so they were still ranked in the top ten when you got them. They and you beat them, So yeah, it would have been even better had they beat Ohio State. But yeah, I mean, look, it's out of your control. And even if even if Notre Dame didn't have a win against or didn't have the loss against Northern Illinois and you beat them, there'd still be people out there trying to claim Notre Dame wasn't as good. All they don't have. You know, they got a soft schedule this year. So again, it's hard for me as a fan not to get caught up in it. But you know, I think it's also normal to want people to respect your team and give them their due. Again, I probably need to remind myself moral, I need to take my own advice and say, look, you can't control it no matter what people are gonna apod because that's the thing Louisville. Let's say Louisville did pull off a really special season where they end up one loss on the year and it's against Miami at home and they beat everybody else. Again, I'm not saying that's what happens, but if it did happen, I think, you know, Louisville would be clearly in position to get a rematch with Miami in the ACC Championship game. They have a good showing there and maybe their only losses to Miami, maybe they get one of those spots, maybe they beat Miami and then both those teams go to the playoff. I mean again, I'm getting way ahead of myself, and I'm not in any way predicting that that happens. What I'm saying that if it did, there would still be people out there claiming, oh, come on, we don't need two ACC teams in here. We need this thing to be represented by nearly every team being from the big ten of the SEC. Like that's just how it's gonna like. There's never no matter what you do, there's gonna be people that'll find a way to act as if you're not deserving for a spot in the playoff, or that your schedule is why you have a really good record. But I guess the reason I'm so defensive about that is that I would hate for Louisville to be because last year, I honestly believe they hit their ceiling. Like that team in all aspects, I think ten wins is probably what we should have like that, That's probably that was the ceiling. It's hard to say that because they you know, they had they had ten and should have got eleven because they should have been Kentucky. But also you could make the case they should have lost ends he stayed on the road. Heck, Indiana was a play away from taking the lead on them up there in Indianapolis. So again, I still believe the ceiling for that group was ten wins. That's what they got. Good job by Jeff Brahmin his first year, got to the ACC Championship game. I think this year, like if they look really good, if they just blow teams out, I would it would bother me a lot as a fan, even though I have no control over for people to say they're only doing that because of the league they're in and who they play. And I guess what the demon that I'm fighting is that it may play out that way right Like again, I don't think it will because I think maybe we find out that Clemson's lost to Georgia was more about Georgia than anything else. Hard to believe that now that Georgia nearly lost to Kentucky. But still Miami right now is a top ten team. Boston College, I mean, they just fell out of the rankings, but maybe they'll be back in. They lost him to Missouri on the road. SMU has not shown to be remotely good enough, you know, to be to have gotten the hype that they got heading into the ACC. I don't think anybody was claiming they were going to win the league, but you know, they were looked at as this darling that could really transition nicely to the ACC to the power for level. So I guess what my insecurity is is that I don't want to not know myself. I feel like I'm talking to John here and he's like my therapist. I'm laying on the couch and he's just like he's sitting there with his with his with his paper and his like sweater vest, and he's just taking notes on what I'm saying. But like, I don't want to not even be able to know myself when it comes to like, all right, how good is this team? Because again I said this yesterday and to me it's a rather obvious observation, But I don't hear many college basket or college football fans like myself bring it up when you only play twelve games, like you could have seasons where you really don't even get a chance to figure out how good you are. Now again, you're as good as your record indicates. If you lost a lot more games than you won, your bad team. If you won a lot more games than you lost, you're a good team. But like how good will be dependent upon who you beat? So you know that's the if you just beat If you go seven and five and eight and four annually, and you just beat all the teams you know you're supposed to beat, and you losed all the teams that are expected to beat you, that are favored, like what are you?
Speaker 3: You don't know?
Speaker 2: And I have this desperation to always want to know where my team stands. And I guess my issue is that sometimes it may just play out to where you don't know. So I'm hopeful that if Louisville does end up being a really good team and they beat Georgia Tech, they go on the road and win it South Bend. They take care of business against an SMU team that I don't think is any good. They beat up on Virginia, who sucks. And then let's say they lose a close game to Miami, but then they bounce back and beat Boston College on the road. They pull off a win against Clemson in Death Valley, which sounds insane to say out loud, but let's be real, beating Clemson and Clemson is not the tall task it once was still going to be a lot easier, a lot tougher to do. It's not an easy thing to do, It's what I should say, But like, that's now a realistic thing that you could say that at least make. It's more realistic now than it used to be. And then you play Stanford, who sucks, You play pitt who sucks, and then you got Kentucky. So like if you ended up going eleven and one this year, again not predicting it because again, I don't even know how good Loivvillo is. I think we're justified in believing this is the top twenty team that has the chance to do something special, but they haven't been tested yet. That's what comes Saturday. So let's just say, hypothetically speaking, they do go eleven and one. I want to be able to say anybody doubting this team at eleven and one is foolish and their haters because look at who they've played. But really, again, you can't control it. You would need Miami to continue to do their part if they're the only team to beat you. You'd need Clemson to still look as if they were a good team, but they just happened to slip up and lose to a good Louisville team. And again, all those things r out of your control. So I'm just gonna let it ride. That's all I can do as a fan. And I think Louisville beating Georgia Tech and then beating Notre Dame a week later, like I want there to be a level of hype that is that because again I feel like again this is like a psychological thing with me. If you remember last year when Louisville did start off five and oh or was it five and oh or six games?
Speaker 4: Five?
Speaker 2: I think it was five, Yeah, I think it was it was six. Either way, They got off to a great start and then they beat Notre Dame at home, and that led to people, at least even though it was a four team playoff, there were people out there looking at the rest of the acc not knowing who was good or not and thinking to themselves like, damn, could Louisville be Could Louisville be in the playoff? And just by where we were in the season, they had a top ten resume win at that time, they looked pretty good. Their league was winnable. Like it wasn't crazy to say that at that time, but I couldn't really. I was just so intoxicated by brom being home. They're being new life within the fan base to where I wouldn't even think it playoff. I'm just thinking, you know, this is awesome. I'm gonna live in the moment here. So anyways, Louisville, Georgia Tech, We've got you covered. Pregame show will start at two thirty, presented by Jefferson Animal Hospital and Pellow Windows and Doors of Central Kentucky. So two thirty to three thirty will be the pregame show. Kick off at three thirty, and as soon as the game ends, you'll come back here the Sports Talk seven ninety for the Louisville Football postgame show presented by Alex R.
Speaker 3: White Lawyers.
Speaker 2: To Distracted Driver dot com, I've had a lot of different reaction on the text line in regards to the potential traffic nightmare on on Saturday. Some people claim they're actually not gonna go to the game because they're worried about being caught in traffic and like it impacting their experience. One person has said that, So it's not as if like everybody's saying that. But I mean, I mean, aren't there ways around? I mean, I don't know, there's a lot. The thing about the fairgrounds is there's a lot of ways to get in. I know, sometimes they block off certain exits after they fill up a certain capacity of the fairgrounds. So maybe the later in the day that it gets, the tougher it will be to get in. So I mean, I tend to lean more towards it's going to be more hype than actually being that much of a nightmare. Just because we've already talked about it being that way and that's typically how it works. I feel like maybe I'm wrong, And I mean, you never know if people are consuming you know, sports talk radio like this. I mean like you never really know what people are truly aware of. But I feel like if you just expect to just roll in like you typically would on any other Louisville football game, like like again, you could prepare to leave way earlier and still get caught up in traffic like nobody knows, but like, this is at least something that will be expected, right, It's not like, Wow, there was a very unexpected eighteen car pile up on sixty five where nobody could get to the game. So again, there's no scenario where you're sitting in traffic and you're like, well, okay, I'm happy about this and I'm not upset because I knew it was gonna beach. I knew it was gonna happen like nobody's I mean, anytime you're inconvenience and you can't get somewhere, you're frustrated.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm I'm.
Speaker 2: Very bad at that. So I would just encourage you to, you know, get there. As early as possible, because I think that would be the best case scenario for you to avoid a big mess of traffic from the music festival and if the weather's on your side. Like U of L, I mean, they're not paying me to say this, trust me. It's not like I'm trying to you know, send them business. But the Alley is an awesome place to go tailgate, and you can tailgate without having a parking pass, without bringing anything. They've got food trucks, they've got you know, you can get any kind of drink you want. They usually have live entertainment, they've got areas for the kids to play cornhole, like the Alley was a really really awesome investment from u of L to give folks a chance to like participate because I know a lot of people like this sounds crazy because tailgating is such a big part of the college football experience for a lot of people. But over the years, the more I've done this and met more fans like they're people who've had season tickets for years that never tailgate. It's just not their thing, right, They're not, you know, they don't They're not somebody that wants to, you know, have some pre game beers. They'll eat before they go, like you know, and look, if you pay for a ticket, do whatever you want, right, Like, you don't have to tailgate, it's not a requirement, but like if you knew, you could have the tailgating experience without the work being put in, Like you don't have to bring your grill or pay for a parking spot that's close to the stadium, Like the alley's right across the way, and it's awesome. The vibes are always great, and you can get like premium access to the alley, like to certain spots that like I think is like you got to either pay admission or have a ticket or something like that. And I've not done that before. But if you're somebody that just wants to get there at three point thirty, well, you know, good luck any on any Saturday. But if you had to add an hour and a half or two hours maybe, which does seem like a long time, but like if that had to be added to the overall experience because of potential traffic issues, I think if you went to the alley and you got a chance to experience with that is I think I think you and look, you can just walk around like. That's one of the things I learned doing vibe checks is I saw an experienced tailgating that I'd never even knew existed, Right Like you, I used to just park, you know where my parking passes and make my way in through the tunnel then you come overpass, and I mean, I knew of certain areas, but like there's all I mean, there's there's tailgating going on in places that's not on like the actual stadium property.
Speaker 3: That is awesome.
Speaker 2: And you know, so I mean not that you just want to walk around in the heat for two hours before you go into the game to avoid traffic, but I think there's ways you could do it and have a lot of fun. And again, I think the alley is perfect because I know there's a lot of fans that would love to tailgate. But you know, if you don't know anybody that has a set up, and you don't have a spot yourself, and you've never done it, like it's not something you mean. Tailgating to me is a culture thing. I feel like a lot of people who are really into tailgating and they they're there every day, every game, rain or shine. They've got their setup they've probably been doing it for many, many years, and it's probably something they've been doing with family. Their dad did it. They took over the tailgate, and that's awesome, that's a beautiful thing. But there's a lot of people that don't have that, and they, you know, they don't even know what they're missing. So again, go to the alley before the game, enjoy yourself. I think I think you'll have a lot of fun. All right, let's talk. Let's talk about underdog Fantasy, shall we. Speaking of fun, Underdog Fantasy is a lot of fun. I did not have fun last night with the result, but overall, the action, the experience, it was great. So if you don't know what underdog Fantasy is, you've been living under a rock, because last year over a million fans across thirty three states got in on the action. Competing on Underdog Fantasy, you can went up to one thousand times your money just by choosing high or lower on your favorite player stats touchdowns, passing yards, etc. Think player props, But of course you know that's not what this is. This is just higher or lower on what you're on what these individual players are going to do at a game, and what I've my experience has been this, and I know there's a lot of different ways to do it. But you know, you go to matchup in the NFL, or you can do it in college football as well, or college basketball. In college basketball season comes up. As long as you make a pick on both sides of the matchup, right, you've got a hire or lower for one player on this team, or hire a lower for a player on the other team. You put that together and you can just do two picks. You can do four, you can do eight. There's all kinds of different ways you can do it. It's really your preference and it's a chance for you to make some real money and enjoy a great experience. So making picks as straightforward as can be. Signing up is super easy as well. So all you need to do is head over to Underdogs simple to use mobile app or go to Underdog Fantasy dot com, sign up with the promo code Nick seven ninety. And here's what Underdog's gonna do for you. They're going to give you a free pick to use on your first Cash Champions entry. Plus not just a free pick, They'll they'll give you up to one thousand dollars in bonus cash. When you deposit so a free pick and they're gonna match, they're gonna they're gonna give you bonus cash. When you put money in yourself. It could be a small amount, they're still gonna They're still gonna give you some bonus cash as well. So it's Underdog Fantasy promo code Nick seven ninety To claim your new customer special of a free pick and your deposit offer must be at least eighteen and up in president of a state where Underdog Fantasy operates. Terms supply concern with your play called one eight hundred Gambler or visit NCP gambling dot org telling you guys Underdog Fantasy. It's a lot of fun. I'm already looking forward to getting out the app and figuring out what I want to do and all the Week three NFL matchups the college football stuff. So it's a lot of fun. And I don't know why I feel this way.
Speaker 3: This is me.
Speaker 2: Speaking, not anything that you know I'm being told to say or reading any copy. I'm just being honest with you. When it comes to just needing a player to have either higher or lower of a certain stat I feel like I have more control over that even though I don't I don't know what it is, but anyways, it's underdog fantasy. Use the promo code Nick seven ninety and I'll be happy and I'll appreciate you if you do that. All right, quick break will come back on the other side. Keep it rolling along and get back into this nil conversation. As Tennessee becomes the first school to let their season ticket holders know there's going to be a tax added to your season ticket so we can pay players. And understandably so a lot of fans have strong thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: Stick with us. It's Coffee and Company.
Speaker 2: Feel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: It's right, Coffee and Company. That's us.
Speaker 2: We are fuel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Let's go to the text line five O two six five three zero seven ninety. It's the L and N Federal Credit Union text line members get more at Ellenn Federal Credit Union. You can learn more and open your account today at LNFCU dot com. All right, So I mentioned earlier about doing vibe checks and how that was a good chance for me to get out and really see all the different tailgating spots that I didn't even know existed when it comes to to to louisll football games. And then somebody asked like, Hey, what happened in the vio Well, nothing happened. Just I it's not you know what do you want me to say? I would have missed my son's football games if I did a vibe check for the last two Louisville home games. And I didn't want to do that, and I don't regret that.
Speaker 5: So, you know, if we can make it happen, and you're wanting to bring back the vibe checks, I think we should start with Louder than Life next week.
Speaker 3: If we can make it happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm gonna what I what I what I got to figure out is what the identity of the vibe check is? John, You know what I'm saying, Like, I never expected those to get the reaction that they did, because if you know me, and I don't want to act like I'm not who I am here on this show. In real life, I think I think I am. I think I'm a little more maybe turned up here that makes sense, not Louder, but just you know, maybe a little a little more animated. But you know that's that's not even on the air, Like that's not my comfort zone to walk up to strangers and try to be funny. I mean, I hate to even say that, because I don't think I'm a f any person, But like the goal in making those is to is to you know, be entertaining in any way, And more often than not, the entertainment from the vibe check comes from the encounters I have with people, and they do a lot of that as well. At the Louder than Life vibcheck last year, I had nothing new with me at all. I mean, that's just and we could have done hours of footage there and made you know, an eighteen minute video. So when I say I got to figure out like the identity of it, like I don't really I I don't want to make it to where like, hey, every single chance I get for a Louisville basketball event or a football event or an event like Louder than Life or the State Fair, I right now it's just kind of, Hey, if I can make one happen, I'm going to and I'm going to try my best to continue to make them worthwhile for people to watch and that's that's kind of where we are. But yes, so far this year there hasn't been one. And I struggled at times when I would, when I would try to do something just because like for example, basketball was just a no go.
Speaker 3: It just was there was there was no way to do one. Last year, was it? Did you go with me last year?
Speaker 5: I did for a few of them, Yes, But do you remember no for basketball? Yeah, for basketball. So for whenever I first started working with you, and it was the first time of Kenny Payne, you did.
Speaker 2: A few you didn't, yes, because nobody because nobody knew how awful it was going to be. But the ones you tried, like last year, I went to two louisll basketball games. I thought you were with me on the line a bit, and I never put anything together because, like it was, there was no way to make that entertaining at all. It would just be sad. And I've gotta I gotta be careful. I don't like I like to laugh, to not cry at times about things in life.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't. I don't. I'm not.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't do that to to louisvill basketball because as much as I care like it's not.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 2: It doesn't impact my livelihood in that way. But my point is this, I don't want to piss people off who think I'm literally making fun of Louisville basketball to be mean, you know what I mean. So like that was really the only way that would have worked out last year was to just completely lean in and go and make fun of how bad the team was. And that's not fun for anybody, and that's really sad overall. Like the first year it was new, and we didn't do many vibe checks after like the first five six home games because it was the same thing. We did one on the last game, one of the last games. It was like Virginia Tech. So I bet people ask me about, like why I don't do it anymore, And it's not that I don't do it anymore, it's just I haven't done one in a while because there really hasn't been an opportunity to do one. And I went to games last year for football at least one, and it was just like, actually, know, there were two where it was hard, like it was hard for me to put something together that I thought would match or even be close to what we've done in the ones that do really well as far as viewership and feedback, if that makes any sense at all.
Speaker 3: So, like, I don't want to put out half assed anything.
Speaker 2: So I've done vibe checks places and never released it because I thought it's stunk and it's not that like it would be an embarrassment and people would say, man, this was terrible. But we got off to a good start with them. I feel like because one it, I mean, there's nobody else that I know of doing that kind of content in this space of you know, U of l athletics, and you know, I just I gave it a shot. I tried to see if it would work, and you know, I mean it also helped me as far as visibility, not that that's like a you know, a great thing, because I'm not. I'm not great to look at, but I work in a you know, my livelihood is this radio show and this this company I work for. But it's all I mean, it's it's all audio. It's not visual. But I feel like there's it's not a coincidence that in the last year and a half two years, I've had way more people at least recognize me, and it's because they've seen me other than just hear me because they watched they what I mean, I had some of those videos that did like sixty thousand views, which maybe that doesn't sound impressive to people, and maybe it's not impressive, but for me, I mean, that's a big deal for me.
Speaker 3: Again, that's not to brag, trust me.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's people doing bigger numbers in a variety of things, but like for me, that was like that was you know, that was that was that was a sign that, hey, I've got something here. But I'm also not going to sacrifice time with my family, you know, and I don't. It's not like it It's not like I'm stressing out, like, oh man, here I am watching my son plays first football game, but I should be asking drunk people tailgating what the think's going to happen? Like, you know, it's it's it's it's not something I'm battling with. It's just, you know, I hope to do many of them in the next year, and I hope they're up to the standard that we've set with them. But when I say I don't know what the identity is, like, I don't. It's not a series that you can just expect there to be a vibe check video.
Speaker 3: Every single week.
Speaker 2: Is it's going to depend upon like what I'm able to do, and I can't do it by myself. I have to have somebody, you know, that's available to run the camera, that really knows, you know, what this is. And I've had two people, John's one of them that have been perfect for it because they get it, they know what I'm doing and they're usually available when I need And there hasn't been one that I haven't been able to do because I couldn't get somebody. But I just you know, it's not like it's it's just not as easy cause again you see a two and a half minute clip, maybe sometimes it's less than that, and really at times that could take two and a half three hours of time, which isn't like you know, manual labor where I'm out there working my tail off.
Speaker 5: But like most of the clips that you have with people, like they see a couple seconds of it, you usually.
Speaker 3: Talk to for usually a minute or two.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And I also try my best not to deceive people to where I will let them know as best I can sort of like what I'm doing, and I kind of stopped towards the end, and nobody's given me any grief about it just yet, and hopefully hopefully they don't. But you know, I've interviewed people for two three minutes and I'm like, all right, you said some thoughtful stuff and talk sports, but like, I'm only going to use the I'm only going to use the clip whenever I called you out for wearing a shirt that said, you know, I'd rather be at Wrigley, And I'm like, hey, why would you say that? You're here at the Kentucky State Fair? What's wrong with the State Fair? You'd rather be at Wriggly, Like, what's the issue?
Speaker 3: Like that was.
Speaker 2: Probably a three minute conversation, but there was seven minutes of footage shown, And by using that, I don't feel like I'm miss leading people. But I don't know, like I've never had anybody tell me you better not use that, or you know, I better get you know, the full conversation, better be there because some of the stuff is, you know, kind of out of context. I like the dude you met the head gout along with oh yeah a lot than life guard. You had a different, different accent, Oh you saw the pop whenever he and I both realized we're gout brothers.
Speaker 5: He was from he was from England. Do you remember I remember him having either that or Australian accent something.
Speaker 2: It's like which walk you walk with the limp man, you know, okay? And he was like, yeah, it's okay, a little bit of authoritis. And I'm like, oh, hey, I've been there, man, I got gout. He goes, that's what it is, it's gout and I'm like, we're out brothers. Yeah, And I hope I eased his pain that he was going through with gout there. But I actually watched somebody sent me the Louder than Life vibe check over the weekend asking if i'd be back, and I don't know if I am or not. I'll just be honest with you. That just specifically depends on if I Heeart's going to give me a pass and they don't. They're not required to, they don't need to. If there's one available, I would take it and use it. Same thing with John, like they don't owe me tickets or anything like that, and I'm not certainly gonna buy them because I don't have any interest in going to any of the actual you know, the show part of it, it would really just be for content. But I watched it for the first time all the way through, for the first time in a long time. And I don't know if we'll ever top that one.
Speaker 3: It'll be tough. Yeah, I mean, and the butthole guy, which we do talk a lot of butthole stuff here. Yeah, I mean the girl who just had just something covering her nipples, yep, and she talked about the things going on in the campground. Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But also, and I mean this sincerely, the nicest people I've ever collectively interviewed at an event, a game, whatever. Were those people. They were so welcoming, they were nice. They were I mean, it was not a single person was red. Yeah, they were very very I mean I asked a guy what stage Creed was on. Creed wasn't there, obviously, and he pulled out his phone trying to help me out. He wanted to help me find where Creed was even though they weren't there, like, you know, and I felt bad about that one, because, you know, he's just a guy trying to be an eye. I mean, he's trying to be a nice guy and he he Yeah, So anyway, shout out to h to Louder than Life. It was a great event. And to answer your question, we'll do some uh and you know, hopefully they're good. And I'd be lying to you if I said I was going to be doing one for the game Saturday, because it's just I mean, I have my family with me, and my wife would never give me any grief about anything when it comes to that kind of stuff because she's so supportive of me and always has been. But like I just i'd have a hard time being at a game with my kids as their tailgating and I'm like, hey, I'll be back in an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: I got to go.
Speaker 2: You know, it'd be different again. And this is something I probably should have led with. I don't get paid to do that, Like there's chances to monetize. I've had some brands that were very much interested in like figuring out how they could help, and it just hadn't It hadn't worked out just yet. I mean, I'm hopeful that eventually that does work out. That's when I really realized I might have something cool here. Is that like it was doing pretty good numb on the internet and people found it to be funny to where they're like, do you have any sponsors? Like, Hey, we're having this festival, would you want to come? And I'm to the point now where I don't need to do it for content. I can find stuff to do, but I also want to make it worth my while. So I've never made a dime off doing those and they're fun. I'll continue to do them whenever I can. And it's you know, it's convenient. It's like I'm asking people to pay up or anything like that. But that's another factor, is like when I tell you I'm not going to like leave my family to go do it while we're tailgating for the Louisville game, It's not like I'm not going to go do my job. But as like Ihard has nothing to do with that. I used to be worried that they would be bothered by me doing that, just because you know, there's been some.
Speaker 3: Pretty i mean, the lot of them.
Speaker 2: Life one speaks for itself as far as what was witnessed there, but they they actually, you know, my bosses have been supportive of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: So all right, let's get to a quick break.
Speaker 2: We'll come back on the other side and we won't have much time, but I will let you hear Arkansas athletic director encourage his fans to pony up in a much more politically correct way than Mark Stoops did. But like I think, fans, man, I know there's this expectation at all. They're not going to do that. Fans are already paying enough. I think these athletic directors know you'll pay whatever you can because you love the Hogs that much, you love the cards that much, the balls, the cats. All right, quick break, don't go anwhere, keep a locked right here on Sports Talk seven ninety So. I'm sure Tennessee will not be the only school that will add some type of attacks to season tickets that will go towards the bill they're going to have that they've never had before, which is twenty two million that major schools.
Speaker 3: Will be allowed.
Speaker 2: I hate that word because it's so misleading to the whole situation. If you want to continue to compete at a high level, you're not just allowed. You need to pay top dollar among all of your student athletes or you'll get left behind. So they're calling it a talent fee, I think, or a let's see what got it that's what it's called talent fee. And you know they won't be alone. And I'm not even sure if their fans are upset. I mean would assume if you've got the means to pay for season tickets, and everybody's financial situation is certainly different, nobody wants to be paying more. But I just some of the belief that fans will pay for this, like they will support their university and not really question if they need their support. And what I mean by that is they're asking you for your support, so therefore that insinuates they need it. But there'll be some people that'll say, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: I give you enough money as it is now, thanks, and some people who just turned off by all the money they've invested in being season ticket holders and everything that comes with it, right, and some of it doesn't go Like if you're traveling and paying a lot of money to go to a game or a bowl game or a tournament, like you realize a lot of that didn't go to the school. That's just you paying to get there. But it's still support that I'm sure the school appreciates, but it's not money that goes directly to them. So yesterday at the I think Little Rock Touchdown Club, I think is what it's called. The athletic director Hunter Iyraicek, who's the ideat art K and Saul he was I'll just let you hear it. I was gonna say he was pleading for Arkansas fans to step up. But again, I'll let you hear for yourself, and you decide what he's doing here.
Speaker 6: By loves it. Old Missus in the top five right, No, we hate it.
Speaker 4: We hate it.
Speaker 6: Old miss is about five thousand members in their football collective, five thousand.
Speaker 4: We have about a thousand in our football collective. Right now. They have five thousand members, we have a thousand.
Speaker 6: If we're gonna catch up like it's I'm gonna I'm gonna make it so easy for you. If we could get ten thousand households across the state of Arkansas to give one hundred dollars a month, ten thousand households to give one hundred dollars a month all year long, we would be in the nil game from a football perspective.
Speaker 4: It's that simple. But we can't. We can't say.
Speaker 6: The Tysons, the Waltons, the Stevens, the hunts Hey, they'll take care of it, because they're not.
Speaker 4: They're not.
Speaker 6: They are so incredibly generous and they have done so much for our program. But if we're really going to get a handle on this nil remain competitive, we need to rally people across the state, and we really got to take some pride in the Razorbacks.
Speaker 2: So listening to that, listening to that for the third time in the last couple of days, or really in the last day, I feel even different now, like that that is like it's almost kind of very delicately kind of shaming. If you want to show some pride in the Razorbacks, then this is what we need you to do to pay one hundred dollars a month, which was a month. You know, it's it's it gets all relative as far as what that amount of money truly is to to each individual. But Reddit college Football, the Reddit college Football twitter account says that Hunter Yerochek's career earnings are eight point seven million, and the average median house of income is fifty four grand, and seventy percent of the state lives in poverty, which is the seventh highest. I mean, like it, it just doesn't look good. And if you talk about all the money you got from the Waltons, which is Walmart and the Chicken guy Tyson. I mean, like, if they're paying all the money for you to go get John Calipari, right, what's the money you're getting from the billions that is shared among sec for TV contracts? Like, it's just I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, that was a very like political campaign. It sounded like he was running for election, didn't it.
Speaker 2: We anything you have, anything's generally, yeah, I mean anything help. Yeah, that's exactly what it sounded like. All right, when it comes to helping people, that's what the Jefferson Animal Hospital does. They've been doing it for a long time, folks. We're talking we're talking forty four years. That's how long they have been helping you keep your pets safe and they're always there for you in the case of an emergency. Nobody plans for an emergency, but you know what it happens, it does, And just know that if you do have an emergency with your pet, you can reach out to them, stop in and see them. They're over there on outer Loop Fibo two nine hundred pets. You can visit pet bloodbank dot com to get inform get more information on their upcoming event. They're gonna have a pet blood drive, which is really cool and it's gonna be very informative for people as far as educating yourselves how your dogs and cats can donate blood just like we can. So again, it's the Jefferson Animal Hospital. We certainly appreciate them. You can check them out online Jefferson Vetts dot com. BABO two nine D pat Sorry, we're out of time, you guys, enjoy your evening. We'll be back at it tomorrow right here on Sports Talk seven ninety