Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started hour number two. Here on a hump day Coffee and Company. We are fueled by Thornton's. I say we because it's not just me. My name's Nick Coffee. I hope you knew that. If not, now you do. We've got Austin Montgomery back after a successful day at Churchill Downs for FABO Tuesday, and now he's continuing to have success. He has one race down thus far, and we'll see if he can keep it rolling. We've got thirteen minutes to post here in race number eight, and I don't know if I'm gonna be so. I totally forgot that TVG is now owned by FanDuel. Did you know that?
Speaker 3: Yes? I didn't. I forgot all about that until so.
Speaker 2: Is so like I used to just go to the I guess I'm getting twin spires and TVG confused because at twin spires is that a different thing? I mean twin spires totally different? Okay, never, that's that's what that's the issue. Because I I'm trying to sign into TVG whenever. I probably don't even have a log in. I'm I'm confusing that for twin spires. So maybe we'll let you hear it, or maybe not, because you probably don't really if you're not betting on it, you wouldn't care. But either way, I got it too.
Speaker 3: I can pull it up. Okay, good, I got the TVG. Good. Good.
Speaker 2: So we've got race number eight coming your way before too long, and uh, we'll see what happens. Have you picked one here yet?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: I like the five horse. I haven't seen the name. It is a favorite, six to five favorite. And then for value, if I'm going to do an exact up, which I think I'm gonna do, I'm going to go the five three right, Okay, I got get a decent payout. I've got to go game warden.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: That's that's one of the favorites here, and it is trained by Norm Cassie, somebody who uh, you know. As much as I talk about how I just you know, never really got into horse racing the sport. Don't know a whole lot about it. I love Derby and everything that comes with it, but I'm just not knowledgeable and have never really even been interested enough to to study up on on on horse racing, you know, to be even a little dangerous when it comes to talking about it. So despite despite all that, I did grow up with, you know, close to a family that that is very successful in this horse racing world. Uh, Norm Cassie, his father, Mark Cassie. Uh they Mark is Mark's been. I mean he's very successful. He's had many horses in the Derby. Uh He's he's probably most I don't know, if you're not somebody that really follows it closely at all, you probably would would recognize his name because he was involved in the whole scratch that you know was controversial, but it was the right call. And he's the one who had to basically come out and say, look, I hate it because that was one of those things that like if you are in that business of horse racing, that's your world and you have a Derby winner, but there's a scratch and it's going to be you know avoided, like you know that would that would that would be a dream come true, like a you know, career changing moment for you to be a Kentucky Derby winner. Yet you know you had a scratch like that would be brutal, and I think everybody tried to handle it like, man, that's tough. But then when they fought it and acted like it didn't happen. I mean that's whenever Mark had to come out and basically say like, and I'm paraphrasing here, but he essentially said, you would have thought that the horse was drunk, like the way it was moving around. So Mark has been really successful and Norm worked with him for many years and now Norm's doing his own thing as a trainer. And my grandparents where they lived the whole time I was growing up. Their house was probably five houses down from the Cassie house. So Joel is the younger brother. He did not get into the family business of horse racing. He's actually in law enforcement, but he's just a year older than me. So we were around each other a lot growing up. And yeah, the Cassie family, I mean north bullet in the house. There's not a whole lot that uh, not a whole lot that we can throw out there from my alma mater that you know people would really think is oh wow, that's here's somebody that you know, because I don't know, maybe you don't think it's cool. But I think it's cool somebody who isn't even a big horse racing fan to know that. Uh, you know, Norm, he comes from Northbold. He was a big time baseball player and now he's, uh, he's doing this thing as a as a trainer. So I'm gonna go with uh, I'm gonna go with number two here, game, Warden, And which ones did you say? You said two?
Speaker 4: Three, and the five and the three and three three to come in the second. But the but the two horse scares me. Here's what I'm doing. Good, this is something just to get me.
Speaker 3: A win.
Speaker 2: It may not be a big monetary win by any means, but I'm actually just gonna put number two across the board. That gives me a better chance of you know, oh yeah saying that that that a cash to winner. Now it's six depending upon Yeah, it's gonna say, depending upon what money I put down, I may lose money, because you can actually lose money on a win comes in. Uh yeah, So we'll see, we'll see how it shakes out. But yeah, it looks like we've got h nine minutes till that one gets started.
Speaker 3: I think two.
Speaker 4: Across a board if a win should be solid might get like maybe seventeen to twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: Let's let's let's see what happens. Let's give it a show here for that's right, a horse racing show. So but right now, I would say in the wild world of sports, now that the NFL Draft has concluded, uh and the shit or Sanders stuff has kind of calmed down. I mean, it's still a big talking point obviously, and he really dominated the NFL Draft when it comes to being the story. And not to say I told you so, but even before the first round started, I just felt like, no matter what happens, man, this guy's all anybody's talking about. And sure enough, because he fell all the way to day three, he stole the shine from a lot of people who might have you know, had I mean, I don't know if I buy that like cam Ward is the most disrespected number one pick overall, because I don't. I think cam Ward got plenty of love, and I think one of the reasons why there wasn't a whole lot of buzz about him going number one is because we've known for a while he was going to be number one. So I don't buy that, you know, cam Ward is the least talked about number one quarterback taken in the draft, although clearly he didn't get the same amount of love that you would typically get because of obvious reasons. As mentioned, it was a known thing that he was going to be the number one pick. There wasn't a whole lot of build up anticipation. And also the Shad or Sanders thing has shitdro Sanders gone late first round. I mean, imagine what they would have talked about on Friday and Saturday. It still would have been out there as a storyline because it was a big talking point leading up to the draft. But you know, anyways, what I'm getting at is that you know, now that the NFL Draft has concluded, NBA playoffs, you got that going on. But I don't think it's crazy that to say that right now the buzz story that you know, talk shows are discussing, the internet's discussing. Podcasts are discussing people probably at work or discussing regardless of what they do for a living. Bill Belichick like this is this is beyond weird. I said this yesterday and there's probably no point in resetting the entire thing, but hear me out. Imagine telling someone two three years ago that Bill Belichick would be in this position coaching college football at North Carolina. That alone is just wild. But also, I mean dating a twenty four year old woman like that, Like you can't make that up, but it's real and it's happening. And when things just kind of don't seem real and you know, you think there's got to be something to it, usually there is. And I'm not here to tell you that I don't believe that they're sincerely an item, but I could easily be persuaded into to seeing that this is just a mutually beneficial relationship for both of them, and yet it's not in any way like romantic. I mean, I said this yesterday and somebody texted in kind of commenting on what I'd said about her bringing her boyfriend home to dad. I mean, yeah, it's Belichick, and yeah, you know you love your daughter and you're gonna want her to be happy and you're gonna want to support her. But I mean, you can't be happy, right, Like the guy she's dating is old enough to be your dad. It's one thing if she's dating to do your age. She's dating somebody that can be her grandfather, so you knowless regardless of the fame here that Belichick brings in the money and all that, and maybe it could be a beneficial thing for everybody in her family. I mean, he can't actually stop it from happening, and I don't know anything about her family, but like it's just another one of those things that we kind of just like, oh, okay, all right, that's wild, and it is, but like also it's probably not what they It's probably not what they're presenting it as. Like, clearly the story of them meeting on a plane is not true, and she told us that without telling us that by how quickly she yelled out, we're not going to talk about that whenever the CBS Sports or not CVS source, but the CBS Sunday Morning Interview when they asked, how did you guys meet whenever, he clearly knows that they met, like he knew the story that was out there. My guess is that that guy, pretty good at his job, knew that that wasn't true and was going to see if they would bite and they wouldn't. And that's what made it kind of a story as far as like Okay, well maybe they didn't meet on a plane like they said. And Belichick couldn't answer any questions because I mean, like it almost seemed as if there's really not a whole lot of substance to their relationship. It's just that, you know, it's all for him looking like he might relate more so to the younger crowd, and with her, I don't, I mean, I guess she becomes I guess she becomes notable, like famous, and you know, with fame, you can, you can, you can monetize that, you can, you know, you can clearly benefit from it, and some people just like it, regardless if it's for good or bad. But like, she is a she's a young, attractive woman who I assume she has a successful path in her world. Whatever she's going to do is a in her career, but she's always going to be known as the dude who or the girl who got with the guy old enough to be your grandpa. And nobody like believed that they're really an item. And there's something really weird going on, and everybody's going to die trying to figure out really this is. They're still claiming that it's all legit, but this thing has had new layers to it each and every day, And I swear the one that came out this morning, I feel like it's probably it's super believable and and it doesn't make her look good in any way as far as how you know, if you're somebody who's got the the vibe that she's way too involved in the football stuff. She's around the program like most girlfriends of the head coach, you know, especially one that's not the wife that is, you know, about as old as the players on the team, Like that's not a normal thing in any way for them to just be an item. But having her around the program, it's just weird. So you know, she's clearly injecting herself and wanting to be a part of Belichick going to college, and he's clearly letting her. But we now know that the Hard Knock show that was gonna happen then didn't. And I remember thinking whenever they announced they were going to pull the plug on the idea and not feature you and see, I thought, well, okay, this makes total sense because Bill Belichick. The story itself is wild, But how much range do you think Belichick has to be entertaining or interesting on a show like that, like maybe the circus behind the scenes as far as like seeing him, I guess adjusting to coaching college kids and not NFL players. But like, that's not what Hard Knocks is. So I just assumed that they had the realization, Yeah, the overall story is wild, but we don't have a whole lot of range as far as what we can do to make that an interesting television show. That's just what I assumed.
Speaker 3: I was wrong.
Speaker 2: Run off of sports TMZ Sports now now reporting that the reason that that show was gonna happen and then it wasn't and then it didn't is because she got in the way. She pulled the plug on it, because they were they had they apparently had no interest in featuring her in a way as far, you know, as part of the Carolina thing, or maybe at least not the way that she wanted, because look, we all know what documentary realityality type TV is. If you gave us like a behind the scenes look of them like she wanted, I feel like, if you're, you know, the producers of Hard Knocks, she would think this is we couldn't we couldn't make this up. So again here I am thinking like that it'd be boring. Well, if you're going to feature this weird relationship that like people still can't believe is true. But we're going to see behind the scenes stuff every week with HBO camera's role in similar to the type of stuff we see in Hard Knocks, Like I think it would be phenomenal, but apparently they didn't want to do that, or maybe they wanted to do it, but she wanted to have full control, because she certainly seems like a control freak. But yeah, it Carolina having to release a statement on the situation officially is I mean, that's kind of confirmation that this has been a bad look for you. It's been a distraction. It's kind of seen as a joke. And look, if it ends up working out and there's a lot of success, there's a lot of wins, then that will become the story. But also, you know, I can't imagine that as of right now. You feel like you've got a really good return on your investment. Now again, you invested in Bill Belichick to win your games that he hadn't been able to coach one yet, But so far this just looks like it looks like a circus. But here is a quote from Belichick, so I guess he released the statement. I thought it was from the school. I guess it did come from the school, but it's just him talking. I agreed to speak with CBS Sunday morning to promote my new book, The Art of Winning, Lessons from My Life in Football. Prior of this interview, I clearly communicated with my publicist at Simon and Schuster that any promotional interviews I participated in would agree to focus solely on the contents of the book. Unfortunately, that expectation was not honored during the interview. I was surprised when unrelated topics were introduced, and I repeatedly expressed to the reporter Tony Docapil, I know I'm saying that wrong, and I'm embarrassed because he's very well respected in what he does and butchering his name. But anyways, the producers that I prefer. He goes on to say that he expressed to everybody involved that he preferred to keep the conversations centered on the book. After this occurred several times, Jordan, with whom I share both a personal and professional relationship, stepped in to reiterate that that point to help refocus the discussion. She was not deflecting any specific question or topic but simply doing her job to ensure the interview stayed on track. Some of the clips make it appear as though we were avoiding the question of how we met, But we have, but we have been open about the fact that Jordan and I met on a flight to Palm Beach in twenty twenty one. And then he goes on to say the final eight minute segment does not reflect the productive thirty five minute conversation we had, which covered a wide range of topics related to my career. Instead, it presents selectively edited clips and stills from just a few minutes of the interview to suggest false narrative that Jordan was attempting to control the conversation, which is simply not true. Fair enough, Bill, however, I mean, I know you're not really like human, seemingly like you're a robot, but you're seventy three. You're Bill Belichick, not just a successful coach that's seventy three, Like you are an odd bird and you're dating a twenty four year old smoke show and you're doing interviews with her present. What do you think people who work for you know, networks like CBS are going to do. They're going to take advantage of that that's what this is. And if it is everything you claim, why would she be there? Oh, because you have a professional relationship with her. I mean, I just I don't know how you can act as if you're the victim here whenever you're the one who ended up making it public. And let's be real, they could have kept this private. They're not hiding that they're an item. I don't believe in any way that it was uncovered by somebody who you know, leaked it. I think Bill Belichick wanted it to be out there that he's dating a twenty four year old girl for reasons I think I understand, but I really don't know if it's worth it from my perspective. But again, what do I know? Like when they asked him questions about him doing Instagram and social media stuff and laying on his back with his legs in the air as she lays on him doing some weird yoga stuff like he he made it quite clear without saying it that he actually doesn't post any of that. He doesn't have anything to do with that. It's all part of this ruse of like, oh wow, Bill Belichick, Like you know, the Grench grows a heart, yeah, from Whovill around Christmas time.
Speaker 3: Two sizes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like Bill Belichick is growing, like, you know, somewhat of a dare I say, personality. I mean the bar was low, right, like when he when he made the awkward, painful laughs at Tom Brady's roast and you know, smiled and looked like he was in pain. Like that made Bill Belichick look like you know, Jim Carrey in his prime and stand up like because the bar is so low, right, Like you're not expecting him to do anything, but it'd be like laughs, You're like, oh wow, Bill, look at you letting your hair down. I mean, that's that's just kind of what it seems like. So you know, maybe they did edit it to really tell that type of story to get this kind of reaction, but like you can't be that dumb, right, the story itself is real, and you know, the herd once with the herr once, like there's nothing you can do about it. But it's very much a public thing. She's around everywhere. She doesn't need to be involved in your football program. You're coaching. Doing that is wanting her to, you know, wanting it to be out there to look at Bill he's out here, you know, knocking down girls fresh out of college, young enough to be his granddaughter. Not an exaggeration, like I mean, So, I don't know. I I feel like this is going to have a bad ending, but I really don't know what that would be. And she doesn't seem like somebody that's just gonna go away, if you know what I mean. So here here is Charles Barkley earlier today on Dan Patrick. This is a couple of minutes long. I'm not sure if I'm gonna play it in its entirety, but I do want to let you hear at least some snippet of it, because you know, Charles is clearly an entertainer. He's very funny. But I don't think he was joking when he mentions that he's concerned about Bill Belichick here, which you know, maybe I'm maybe I'm overreacting, but I kind of feel like this is this is pretty telling as far as people that actually know him thinking, this doesn't make any sense. What is Bill Belichick doing?
Speaker 5: Well, this is a very slippery subject for me because Bill is one of my really good friends. I don't I'm not sure what's going on, you know, He's been a great friend for me for a long time. I'm we've been fans since he coached for the Browns. I think he got to be very careful right now. This is starting to be on a very slippery slope. He's the greatest football coach ever for him and Nick Saban for college, Nick Saban for Bill the NFL. Yeah, I from what I'm hearing, it's starting to be a very slippery slope. And I never talk about people's personal relationship. That's that's another rule I got. But I will admit I'm a little concerned with some of the stuff that's going on, and I might actually reach out to him and make sure everything's good. But I am concerned from what I'm hearing.
Speaker 2: So as the questions asked, Dan Patrick's doing the smirk like, you know, wow, this is kind of wild. And I'm not even sure if he realized how close those two were, meaning Barkley and Belichick. I'll admit I had no clue they even knew each other. It doesn't surprise me, given that, you know, both are pretty prominent in their own world. But I mean Barkley's was There's not a look. I mean, you know, you all didn't see the visual, but you heard it. I mean, he's not that he didn't. He didn't, he didn't you know, make jokes about it. I think he's genuinely worried about like what this is, because again, it just doesn't make sense. And when something doesn't make sense, there's usually you know, an underlying story that is bad or you know, it's just it's for a specific like I just what could Bill Belichick ultimately gain by this relationship? And look, if you if you're thinking, Nick, what is wrong with you? He's in his seventies. He's got a chance to you know, to sleep with a twenty four year old woman that's attractive and successful, something that like every man in his older age would dream to do. So Bill's just doing that. Like if that's the case, it would be private, like it would be like he might already be doing that. Who knows, maybe he was knocking him down different broads every night because he's Bill Belichick and he's got the money. But like, you know, the way she's been able to become a figure in this entire thing, and clearly, like she can claim that she wasn't trying to control the interview like it was portrayed. But regardless if it was just a brief moment in said interview, we heard it, we saw it, And why was she even there? Why was she why was she present during the interview because of your personal relationship, because of your professional relationship. I feel like a lot of people not to play matchmaker. Here go doctor Phil on you. But like, I don't know if people would say that it's great to have a professional relationship by also having a personal relationship, right, like love my wife. We work well together, you know, trying to raise a family. But you know, if we truly were co workers, like that could become weird. And I don't know if they're co workers, but if she's like, you know, chief of staff or whatever at Carolina and basically his publicist or whatever, I mean, like that makes me even more so think that the romance situation here is not genuine. But again, they say it out loud two years ago. Somebody tells you, this is Bill Belichick, this is the situation he's in. Not a soul on planet Earth would believe there's any chance that was possible. But here we are, all right, I haven't even looked had it finish.
Speaker 4: First was honor Marie. It was a it was a it was a one horse. Okay, I should have known that. Second was time out, the eight horse, third was game warden, and uh so yours came in third, right mind, mine's still running.
Speaker 2: This is technically considered a win for me.
Speaker 3: As across the board.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, so hey, here's momentum. Let's let's hope the momentum builds here.
Speaker 3: Let's hope.
Speaker 2: All right, quick break, we'll come back. Keep this thing rolling along. It's coffee and Company fuel abut Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: All right, so let's run through this uh Barnstable Brown guest list and see if there's any celebrities that either of us don't recognize. Sound good, let's do it. Machine Gun Kelly, we know him?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: So really some ombiles, I mean we know of them. Yeah, I mean I'm sure they know who we are too. You know what I mean, you're listening right now? MGK, someone bile else.
Speaker 4: Feels like the Derby in Kentucky is like so not MGK, but he is from Ohio.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and do you like him? But we ask you this, do you like his music?
Speaker 3: I used to like it when I was in high school when he was like uh.
Speaker 2: Oh, when he came out, when he when he became like a known name as a rapper from Cleveland, he was I thought he was awesome. Like I really enjoyed his his you know, lace up kind of movement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and you know it started.
Speaker 2: Into but I still think he's really talented too, if that makes sense. Like he he actually got on a song with STG from from from Louisville here and it was a couple of years ago, maybe last summer actually, and it was just him just rapping like you know, you heard him ten years ago when he became famous, and it was a reminder that like, when it comes to that, I think he's talented now obviously you know he does other stuff too, and and and really he's just he's become a rock star. And I don't mean just because he has dabbled in rock music, but like his image is, you know, I'm with you. I think there's some bozo vibes, right, but also like I think he is who he is. I don't think we're seeing like a you know, somebody that's trying to be you know, an image. I think like he's you know what he sees what you get Megan fox Hell Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Derk Bentley, we know him.
Speaker 3: Yes, met him a few months ago.
Speaker 2: Aaron Rodgers has become a mainstay. Like he's he's always at the derby and uh, you know he'll be asked about a situation and he'll be smug and you know he'll be Aaron Rodgers. But uh, he's certainly a recognizable name. Tracy Morgan, I feel like he's also been a regular really funny.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Selma Blair, I know that name. I can't think of the face. Yes, you know so so you know the name though, right, Yes, Selma Blair got to be an actress. She is an actress. Oh and I definitely recognize her. But she is a good exam. She is somebody that is clearly a recognizable face because she's been in things, but never really is like the star like she's in She's been in Legally Blonde, she was in Cruel Intentions. These are all movies of course that came out. You know, I love them a lot long ago whenever I was younger. But yeah, I know the name, I know the face, but I you know, it took me needing to see a picture of her to know who she was. I feel like she's in a lot of movies that like are well known, maybe you know, somewhat like popular, but never is the actual star at least that I can think of. So yeah, she's uh, she's the first that you know, we knew that there may be something that we don't even know the name, but we knew the name, didn't didn't couldn't pick her out? What about this one?
Speaker 3: This one?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know. I don't know who Wilmer Valderama is, do you? Oh?
Speaker 3: Sure you do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's that's that's Fez from that seventy show. Okay, did you ever watch that show?
Speaker 2: Totally know who that is? Would have never known the name, and I don't think i've ever heard it.
Speaker 4: Remember that show that came Remember that show that came out at Yo Mama where you got the like disc people on Instagram it is like your Mama joke battle off.
Speaker 3: No, you don't remember that. When was this?
Speaker 4: This is like heurly mid two thousands. I think I think it was called Yo and he was the Uh, he was like the host of it. Like they would they would let competitors like go to each other's houses and find something to clown them on, and there would be like this big ultimate battle at the end, and Wilmer Valvederamo was there.
Speaker 2: It was it was I'm looking at it here at the Wikipedia, and I do see the show you're talking about.
Speaker 3: And you're right.
Speaker 2: It was called Yoma. It was on it was on MTV for.
Speaker 3: Like what a year? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did, they did. They did two seasons. Okay, it was from two thousand and six to two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know Wilmer Valdoram.
Speaker 2: So look if you'd just said is it Fez, Yeah, then I totally would have known, just because that was That's like, that's a very well known sitcom that uh. I mean, I've never been a big sitcom guy, but I feel like that was a really popular one. Oh yeah, it's huge. It had a big following. Brothers Osborne. I'm actually a big fan. Sure, Little Big Towns, Karen Fairchild and Jimmy Westbrook. I mean, I I know who Little Big Town is. I didn't know their names individually. What about Blair Underwood? I feel like I know the name because it just sounds he it's weird. Well it's a hymn. I thought, Okay, I know the name. It's a it's a it's a woman. But no, Blair Underwood is a dude. And uh, he's been in a lot of stuff. But I don't even wreck. I don't really recognize.
Speaker 4: Tyler Perry like, yeah, yeah, very dramatic stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's not there's not any movie here that I'm looking at that that I that I know. Okay, he was, I mean, uh he was. This is where he got to start. Makes total sense. This guy was destined for success because he was a cast member of season one and season two of The Cosby Show in nineteen eighty five. Oh wow, I mean that's that's talk about getting.
Speaker 3: Your big break.
Speaker 2: Lee Brice, Lovely Bryce, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Boys here a couple month weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Last week in Lexington, boys to men, we know them? And then Mickey Guiden know the name, can't think of you it is?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I feel like I've heard and seen that name.
Speaker 2: You think a guy or girl all has to be a chick, right, It is a chick all right? And she oh no, she's a country music star. Her artist I don't know about star. I kind of feel like Mickey Geitten came up last year in the same spot where I did this and realized, I don't know who that is, but hey, she's she's successful enough to be invited, and she's got she's got an impressive music career. Yeah, she's a she's a forty one year old country music singer songwriter. It looks as if she's made her biggest impact in the country music world as a writer.
Speaker 4: So oh, okay, well that will makes sense. Those yeah, those people never seem to get their their credit.
Speaker 2: And then maybe the biggest guest of the event that I'm actually kind of now thinking, I've got to find a way to get to the parties because Scott's staff's going to be there.
Speaker 3: Oh are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding you.
Speaker 3: That should be a good one. I mean, the resurgence of that guy.
Speaker 2: Can't step, won't stop, you know what I'm saying. I mean, come on, Travis Tritt.
Speaker 3: We know him. Yeah, he's a mainstay.
Speaker 2: Here's a quarter called someone who cares dmc Darryl dmc mcdai. That's a known name. Yeah, uh, DeVante Adams, we know him Washed, Brantley Gilbert Washed.
Speaker 3: Is he just as well?
Speaker 2: He came in to do some type of some type of thing for the for the veterans. We had like a veterans breakfast at the old studios that AMZ put on. This was years ago, long before you worked here. I was probably my first couple of years, and he came in and I think at that time he had a lot of notoriety, like it was a big deal, Like we got him to come in and talk, but he didn't perform. I guess we didn't, you know, iheard didn't pay enough for that. But he was doing something a project to kind of help veterans and whatnot. But I kind of feel like at that point he was a really really big name and I could just not be following it. But has he had like is he still like he's still is he still relevant? Like is he still making music that people like listen to?
Speaker 4: I don't know about this year last year, but he was on tour with nickelback like two years.
Speaker 2: Okay, that would make sense him man, him.
Speaker 3: And Chad Kroger are like best friends.
Speaker 2: Dougie Fresh. That's a little bit before our time, but I certainly know who that is. And uh you mentioned earlier Larry and Danny Lynn burkehead.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Danny Lynn. That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joey Fatone, we know him now. Jordan Smith. I'm gonna guess that you know who Jordan Smith is.
Speaker 3: Jordan Smith, No, not at the top of my head.
Speaker 2: A Kentucky native from far eastern Kentucky who recently competed and I believe one American idol.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, he did.
Speaker 2: Win American Idol. I'm sorry, he won the voice. Yes, that's right, Yeah, he won the Voice and uh yeah, he's uh. I think he's been coming to these parties since he became, you know, famous from winning the Voice. All right, how about Billy Gilman. Billy Gilman, I know exactly who Billy Gilman is, and you have to play Billy Gilman's one voice when we come back, and that's the name of the song. He's a he's not a kid now, but he was a young kid who had a song that they never stopped playing on Country Raid whenever I was young, like late nineties, early two thousands, I believe it was late nineties, and it sounds like a little kid singing and he's got like this beautiful church voice, but like wasn't a whole lot of range. He was a one hit wonder. And he, to me, is the most random celebrity that has continued to come to this because he could maybe still be like really irrelevant and I just don't know it. But I would have forgot he ever existed had it not been for me seeing him on this list at least the last few years.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: So Nappy Roots we know them. Yeah, mainstays ray Lynn. That's a country artist, right, I'm guessing just one word ray Lynn.
Speaker 3: It's just one word Rayln. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I looked her up and she's worth looking at. And yeah, so she's a country music singer, songwriter and she was also on the Voice and she's since then been successful. A big fan, A big fan of ray Lynn. One word, yes, Yes, Randall Cobb, we know him. Jimmy Graham, we know him. I mean, this is where it just gets into all the packers coming. Randall Cobb, Jimmy Graham, A Jhawk, Matt Flynn, David Baktari, and then I don't are these all I mean they just they just they round out the list. Making it look linkedier by just putting nothing but packers former packers, because I mean Brian Bloga, Brian Bloga, he's a packer, or at least was. I don't know if he still plays or not. Yeah, I think the last.
Speaker 4: Like Brian Blagan. No, he was like their center, right, yeah, tired, Corey Lynz Lensley, Yeah, I think he's I.
Speaker 2: Know, Alan Lazard is a packer, so like, yeah, you got a bunch. I mean, look, the last seven, the last eight names are just guys who played at some point with Aaron Rodgers, with the Packers. So like as much as do like their packer reunion is the barn Stable Brown Gala for the Kentucky dert.
Speaker 3: They're right in that they're riding that coattail.
Speaker 2: So Travis Kelsey's coming to Derby, but like, what do you think? Where is he? I mean, he's he's gonna be at one of these parties, but he's not at this one.
Speaker 4: Sure interested, I hope have to look it up Sports Illustrated party here.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh is it jocktails? It might be jails. Joey Wagner might Yeah that's probably jo Yes, you I mean people now that they know Travis Kelsey is gonna be in Louisville, like people are gonna mistake you for him all week.
Speaker 3: I hope not.
Speaker 2: I get that all the time. Anyway, You're just trying to enjoy yourself and live your life. I mean, go on like it's it's we haven't.
Speaker 4: We have an agreement to where whenever he starts to like he's fine with dealing with the fame now, but whenever he's like done, he's gonna hire me as his doppelganger. So I leave out the front door, draw the crowd, and then he just exit stage left.
Speaker 2: Makes total sense, all right, quick, brak fuck hour on the other side, And something I never thought i'd say, having a platform in radio, you're gonna hear Billy Gillman's one voice on the other side, let's.
Speaker 1: Go now back to coffee and company. Fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: I don't remember him sounding as much like a girl. But that first thing I thought this song, I mean I think it was. I mean, it was a one hit wonder. I think it was like maybe I'm stretching it to say that it was like the number one song in country music, but it was, however long it was around. It was seemingly all they played on the radio. And uh, I feel like I can't remember this at all. You had to be really young this had. This song came out in Let's see, this song came out in two thousand, so it was recorded in ninety nine and released in May of two thousand, and you know, it was it was a big deal. So yeah, I don't see here on Wikipedia that he's done a whole lot of music since then, but you know, this one was a big was a big hit. It looks as if it it was a top twenty single. I'm trying to see like where it was on like charts, but it's not. It's not showing me. That's like a very religious song, oh it is. And it's really sad, like the words are really sad like, that's what I mean. It just talks about sad things that like, you know, are really happening in life and whatnot. And it's just a you know, at that point, it was rare to hear and really see a and you think the guy was twelve at the time, or maybe even younger than they. I was twelve when the song was released and it was not just like a song that was marketed to kids. It was like it was a huge Yeah, he performed it at the Grammys, so yeah, that's how big it was. And then he kind of, you know, fell off. So but hey, he's Billy Gilman still getting the invite to the big Derby party, and exactly I'm not you know, not many can say they're getting invited to that. So, you know, shout out, shout out to Billy Gilman. All Right, here's what we're gonna do in the five o'clock hour. We've got one hour left and we're going to make the most of it. I do want to talk a little bit about the drama last night in the NBA, just because something that did appear to be you know, I mean, it was drama. People certainly pay attention to that. The more people pay attention to the NBA playoffs, the better it is for the NBA. But a very unusual and certainly a story that I would highly be I'd be surprised if if Adam Silver won. This thing to happen, meaning a star player's parent getting in the face and mocking you know, a multi time MVP, and then those two getting you know, close enough to where they had to be separated. That's not a good story, but I think it made me like both of these guys better than I, you know, better than I. You know. I've always liked the honest and I want to love Halliburton because he's I mean, he's he's the star player for the team I love, and I think he's a good player. I just I kind of find, like, put it this way, I have no choice but to like him and cheer for him because it's my team. And I don't think he's like the worst, but I get why other people think he's kind of cringe, if that makes sense. And you know, last night probably doesn't change that, But I don't think when you consider what played out that he had no control of, Like he can't control what his dad's going to do. And I do believe him that he didn't even know that it had happened until he got back in the locker room and heard about it. Well, I think he heard about it out there and then saw it in the locker room, and I thought he handled it as bout as good as possibly could in that situation. So we'll get into that and a lot more, and I'm Sorry for this really short segment, but I'm trying to keep this thing on track as best we can here before we run out of time, So five o'clock hours next, Keep a lock right here on Sports Talk seven ninety