Speaker 1: And this is when Captain hot stuff. I gotta give it to him. He has to explain to these goddamn millennials what a break is.
Speaker 2: Huh. Can you believe these kids?
Speaker 1: I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: I think they're I don't think they're millennials.
Speaker 1: Oh not like my generation, we worked, We knew what a break was. That was, you know, yeah, wake up at six in the morning till and I didn't even have shoes. I used to have to like tie tape to the bottom of my feet. I'd have to walk to school in snow six miles. Can you believe that? Not? Like these goddamn gen z ers don't even know what a goddamn break is, drinking coffee all the time. I don't even know what coffee was. You know what coffee was for me. I'd squeeze whatever fruit was rotting in the backyard into a cup and I'd drink it. Yeah, that's because that's what my generation did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like these goddamns.
Speaker 2: Do you have a cold?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Hi? Hello, and welcome, Welcome the Bad TV. I'm dying, that's pat.
Speaker 1: Welcome to bad TV. This is us Recappy below deck.
Speaker 2: Dude, I gotta do you mind if I blitz up a little bit. Oh, for I've had like three coffees today.
Speaker 1: Oh I just had my first energy drake. Hey, I'm gonna turn that microphone off because I don't want any room noise. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Do you hear a room noise?
Speaker 1: I think I hear something. Maybe it's that gigantic fan behind me.
Speaker 2: He's naisily. Everybody he's getting naisily. Guys, girls, ladies, gentlemen, and everything in between. We are here to break down below deck. What is going on with you? Cowboy?
Speaker 1: Hmmm?
Speaker 2: That was a can I take that back ahead? I wanted you to talk about housekeeping when I said that very unclear, very vague directive, I got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So we are recapping. I think we're on to the last three episodes of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. It's been a decent season. Dylan thinks it's been a horrible season. Anyway, We've had a lot of fun recapping it. But what's coming down the pike is a show that we really enjoy, and that's a show called The Valley. I think that's going to be on the free feed just because so many people love it and I think it's gonna be a very popular show this season. But we'll be recapping that and we'll figure out where we'll be placing that. But behind the paywall is our recap of Summerhouse. So you can head off over to Patrioch dot cop Slasher of the podcast Network, pay us five bucks and you can hear our recap of Summerhouse. And also a couple times a month we do a show called another podcast show.
Speaker 2: Five bucks a month is easy to come by. There are lots of ways to come by it. Scratchers take fifty bucks, right, go buy ten scratchers one of them. We'll get you five bucks. Yeah, So I'd say that's a pretty easy way to go about it.
Speaker 1: But listen, if you throw yourself in front of a bike list.
Speaker 2: Throw yourself in front of a bikeist.
Speaker 1: And go I'm going to sue the hell out of you. Yeah, and then he goes, hey, I don't want any lawsuits. I got a house and all a bunch of ass. Let's go, hey, I'll make it easy for you. Give me five bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, people love our zombie corner. I saw one today, well, actually three, a collection kind of like a network of spores, you know. Uh, and they were at a bus stop and they'd really taken over the bus stop, right, I mean God.
Speaker 1: Referring to our unhoused neighbor.
Speaker 2: God forbid anybody has to actually take the bus. You know, you have to sit next to a guy who is he was doing some kind of yoga maneuver. He was self help, self help, self care. The problem is he was probably like two to eighty stained, scarred, track marks, burns, I mean, anything that could happen to the skin. You saw it, a real kaleidoscope of awful on his back.
Speaker 1: News for us, Dillan, Yeah, is that it was just released yesterday that Los Angeles County is in debt one billion dollars. So I'm sure they're gonna have enough money to solve all these problems that they've created.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so move to Los Angeles, everybody. We love it out here. Let's get into the show. Guys. It is guys, cows, ladies, gentlemen said everything in between. It's time to get into below deck. Oh we have an episode. Boy, everyone loved that Chef's Arena episode. Well, we're just gonna be booking Rando Sea Rats from the Past, President Future we have Hailey Pinto, who from that epic season where it was Alyssa fighting with Camille and it was Frasier's I think first our second season, Kermit was the chief stew We're having Haley on this week, yeah, studio, and.
Speaker 1: We'll see what her future beholds.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, yeah, that's a great plug. Sorry. I pulled up my phone to get my notes out and Instagram was open, you know, as it is, and it was a picture of him. It was a video of a muck bang of people throwing up all the food.
Speaker 1: Oh gross, I know, how what have you been looking at it? That your feet is?
Speaker 2: You know, see, I don't really like this at this algorithmic accusation. You know, something surly is on someone's for you page, and all of a sudden it's because I, you know, imbibe and that I don't watch people fucking puking up carbon r. I don't do that. The algorithm said, you know, we've got a we've got a little curious monkey here. Let's throw him a Let's throw him some vomit content. You know what I mean. It's not my fault. I don't like that, all right, thoughts pots, I I love this episode this season has not really let us down once yet. We and really has not let us down one yet. He is a surly little butt plug man. He is. He's very averse to a lot of the kind of commonplace responsibilities of the environment.
Speaker 1: Not only that, and I'm not trying to take over your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Are not stealing well that you are doing that.
Speaker 1: He's a character in an Adam Carolla movie getting.
Speaker 2: A text uh huh, that is to say, an Adam Carolla.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Adam Sandler, Now that Adam Corolla character took three hundred grand of PPP? Buddy, did he really? Yeah? You should didn't ever take any money from the government except when I do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was my accountant's farm. No, and he's had a lot of really good movies that went directed to.
Speaker 1: Uh Adam Sandler.
Speaker 3: Oh, Adam Sandler took Now the other guy. Should we cut this out?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Adam Sandler movie? Okay, so we hand v hand gets a text uh to apologize for telling him to go fuck himself and make his own che sports. He proceeds to process that as this chick wants.
Speaker 2: Me yeah really quickly before we move on. Let's do a which would you rather watch You're at Home. Right, It's Friday night. You had a couple of different ideas, Right, you got two movies. You got Happy Gilmore, Right, Okay, or you could watch Road Hard Jesus fucking Christ, Jesus Christ. All right. Yeah, So I give this episode ninety pots. I mean we and is really kind of the the the kid at liss of this show. I mean, he's carrying so much on his back, he is at the he's at the focal point of so much drama on this boat, and his kind of delusional, unearned hubris is really a lovely thing to behold. Ninety pots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's uh, he's living in another dimension. We talk about the walls of this vessel, talking to some of mostly people that are cooking in that galley. Yeah, but he's uh, he's in a parallel universe of his own. He's hearing and seeing things that the rest of us are not.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I mean you know, imagine, you know, somebody comes up to you and they go, hi, do you know how to get to Lebrea? And your response is I actually have a girlfriend. You know. It's like, are you in Fantasia? Buddy? Like what's going on here?
Speaker 1: He's on Mars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's on Mars, all right.
Speaker 1: I like the episode two. The walls are closing in on Vhan. I think there is a possibility this man does not make it through the entire season.
Speaker 2: I'm willing to put a couple of shekels on weih in getting fired.
Speaker 1: Enjoyable episode. I give it fifty nts.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we start out with the rotting for tatas and yeah, well tell if you don't buy let us kurdled clotted cream.
Speaker 1: There was some fun editing here. The show begins with quite the visual representation of all the beautiful life that we have on this planet. The stingrays. One of them took out that.
Speaker 3: Uh I love money all take all the money I could get at all, put every cent back into conservation.
Speaker 2: How are we going to take that guy out? I mean, what's going on? God?
Speaker 1: Well, it was fucking with its tail. I know, I stab them too, Hey, why you mess with me? Dude? Well, anyway, we have cute tortoises, we have some beautiful birds, and then we also have flies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, flies, right right right.
Speaker 1: I think those flies were treating that croissant like it's a condo. I hate flies though, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, kind of a plug for another show, Summerhouse. You know how im rule treats women at sex parties. That's kind of what the flies were doing for that clotted cream. You know.
Speaker 1: You know, PTA needs to give us humans some wiggle room on flies. I think I think they should allow us to kill flies and and and not look at them like they need to be respected like the rest of it. They hopknob on a pilot dog shit. Next thing later there talking all over your potato salad. Kill them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've done this hacky bit before, I think, And I'm sorry to the people that have been listening to us for years again, I love you and ask how could you be listening to us for this long? I am flattered and confused. How did we give flies the entire verb? It's such a beautiful thing. I mean, think about the things that fly, eagles, falcons, dragons, the verb of flight. We give to this bug that bounces around on logs of shit.
Speaker 1: Come on, God, and your potato salad, and your potato was just dog dukie. I'd be like, okay, live, you know, to each his own y Hey, But no, no, enough. Yeah, the wide spectrum of places they like to hang.
Speaker 2: Out, live and let live, kill kill. All right, so the editing is doing we and dirty. I mean, he is lazy, but they really lean into it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Dylan, this is I've got to create a new segment where Patty helps out sea rats regarding the flies, and then we'll move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh hung up on that.
Speaker 1: Uh I am well because I actually had this happened to once. It's one hundred and six degrees there pretty much every day. Add mesh food covers to the.
Speaker 2: Provisions, I would say, so. Yeah, they're fairly easy to acquire, be it Amazon dot Com or otherwise. Pretty cheap too, Yeah, they're pretty cheap.
Speaker 1: We had a crab boil in our backyard of three years ago. I know, I know, I know, but we had like twenty guests over. The guy's cook it all day with that pot and then what he does is he just dumps it on the table, sure like it's a pile of garbage. Yeah, and then within three and a half seconds there were twenty flies buzzing around the shrimp. And anyway, fortunately for us, we had purchased food mesh covers.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something I mean this with love and respect. It's the most choogy la white thing to do you could ever imagine. Let you know what I want to feel like like I'm from Maryland, you know, let's bring Mayrild to our backyard and studio city. It's it's like so stupid.
Speaker 1: We're always trying to find new things to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, So speaking of handsome, we Am looks in the mirror and says, oh, I'm so handsome. Poor Alicia. She feel I feel a little bad I went a little hard on you with the whole crab boil thing. I think it's a great thing to do.
Speaker 1: Hey, we had a good time.
Speaker 2: I mean you guys, did you do the hibachi thing?
Speaker 1: We didn't do that. I think we're gonna do that this summer.
Speaker 2: Okay, too expensive though a lot of metal involved.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred and twenty dollars a person. That seems a little expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's not even a tip, not even the tip. You got a tip the guy guys, yeah or girl?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can bring bring Benny Hannas to your backyard. Yeah, hey, back to the show.
Speaker 2: If you wan't to talk about the show, oh yeah, I'll talk about the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Breanna Radio's Lara for her Eta, and I feel like this is my life playing out on this television show.
Speaker 2: You this is one of your biggest pet peeves.
Speaker 1: She goes, when do you think you'll be here? Lara's answer, I'm leaving now. Yeah, great answer, because you provided zero information regarding my question.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey honey, when are you and Elliott going going to be home?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I'm going to Trader Joe's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, thank you. You know. I had to go to that god forsaken, goddamn fucking parking lot yesterday.
Speaker 1: Which one of the one on Vanturable art YEP. I hate that. I am so anxiety ridden driving around that parking.
Speaker 2: I went into Trader Droe's because I needed a good beer for this baby shower we're throwing.
Speaker 1: M h.
Speaker 2: I go to Trader Joe's. I get these cases of stella. I've waxed furious about Trader Joe's so many times. They don't operate like normal stores. Right, it's just a snack factory.
Speaker 1: How's your day going, palell Nope, nope, you can all find everything you needed in there. I have a great shiny day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 1: Go fuck your son.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I get the case right, two cases is done. She scans the bottom of the box. But this isn't a normal store, right they They can only this this discounted bulk buy. It doesn't make sense to these people. They're not at any other place, so it does make any sense. So she scans it. She goes, oh, I go, what's going on? Do you mind opening them? I need to scan the bottles. She I go, okay, I crack the thing up. But she takes one bottle out, She scans it and types in forty I go, hang on, I just want to make sure you're not charging me per bottle. She goes, well, that's what we have to do. I go, okay, So how much is the case? She's like it was like forty five dollars for a case of beer. And I was like, this is not how this is done. If I get this many, it's not, it's not how is this done?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something, just in observation, I bade a trader does. Take a look around Trader Jos. The next time you go there, you'll never see more unhealthy looking people whoa there. Skin looks like it's ready to fall off.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So she goes, well I can ask, I go, yeah, ask. She takes it an exact knife and just with a languid wrist smacks the bell like she's pissed at me. Oh oh my god. All right, Alicia feels.
Speaker 1: Very Badick her name's Alicia, but but I'm not one to correct.
Speaker 2: Let's call her Sue.
Speaker 1: Fine.
Speaker 2: So Sue gets a text, or fires off a text, Hey feel bad, go with your heart right, and we in interprets this as not only she's into me, but this is kind of the Bobby Fisher paranoia of I would say Bobby Fisher. He thinks that not only is she attracted to him, but that she is trying to make him and the other women aboard this vessel jealous. In a mirror second, he has built the scaffolding around this. It just doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: And you can't convince him otherwise, as Harry tries to, oh yeah, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Har Man is just having such a good season. He's so great.
Speaker 1: I love Harry. I think we're gonna be talking to him pretty soon too. Now, Alicia tells us that the intent of that text was because when she came on this vessel. She wanted to make a good impression, and she's already ticked off head of department. And I want to say this, You've made a very good impression on the people that are important, and that is us. I loved when you told him to go fuck himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that is That is the most important. The audience is the most important. Fuck the sea rats, you know what I mean? Mm hmm. All right, So Fahitas are on the floor of the boat is rocking. Jason has to head up find another anchorage. But we get back to the beach picnic and Serena has brought England to the say schells? Can I say? I don't really have any idea how to say that? I don't really have any idea what it is, where it is, And further confusing, I have no desire to unearth this mystery of where we're at.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: I mean I haven the faintest idea.
Speaker 1: I mean, even when we go out to the nightlife on this in this particular place, I have no gauge for Africa.
Speaker 2: We are okay, Yeah, we're in Africa. We are okay. Yeah. It's just crazy, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I want to say this, and I'm sorry to harken back to the flies. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here. But does the chef or the staff owe it to the paying customers to let them know that a fly has gang banged that bunt cake for the last twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: No, definitely not. Got to keep that quiet.
Speaker 1: But then you watch yourself eating it on television months later, like, hey, oh.
Speaker 2: Man, we tipped your twenty four grand, twenty four grand, you.
Speaker 1: Let me eat that part of that bunt cake where they're like three flies.
Speaker 2: There, I mean there were. It was it was like an egg burst and they were just it was so gruss.
Speaker 1: Jill, did I ever tell you this? When I broke that girl's heart and dumped her ass, and then she was, hey.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey, let's soften the language up a little bit. Given the ninety nine percent female audio, I APR.
Speaker 1: You know what, let me go take a look in the mirror. Okay, I just did right, Okay. Anyway, as as luck would have it, I had noticed that my toothbrush was at a different position because we were still living together. As we were breaking up, she was using my toothbrush to clean the toilet. Yeah, I wish I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you're doing fine right now. I am what did you contract something?
Speaker 1: Because now I scheduled the cleaning just in case. I'm pretty sure I caught it before she did that to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's a good idea. I got to get into the dentist after that, all right. So people are pretty peeved at we Hand because he is fairly useless. The crew is there at the beach setting up. Meanwhile, back at the boat, you know, he's getting text from Alicia. You know, Narcissus drowned in his own image. Really Yeah, we Man is not as pretty a name, but I feel like he could fall to the same fate. I mean, this man is obsessed with himself.
Speaker 1: Johnny says something later on which I wish I had written it down, but it was basically like, he's a good worker, he knows what he's doing, but he will eventually destroy himself because the tukson's in his hid, that's right that he hust to purge.
Speaker 2: So we head back. Jay Man's hot asses joining for dinner, and the passion fruit rum is flowing. Now, Bat Curry, I don't ever want to eat a bat I love bats. I'll say this, They're so amazing.
Speaker 1: I'd eed cowballs before i'd eat a flying rat, which is what a bat is. You want to talk about things that God gave wings? Why'd you give a rat wings?
Speaker 2: Because rats deserve to fly too. We all do. I love bats. Get in the common let us know if you love bats.
Speaker 1: Was that really a bat? Or were they fucking with us?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, that was a bat.
Speaker 1: So when did they serve the bat? Was that during the fear factor?
Speaker 2: I was during the fear factory.
Speaker 1: So they were feeding them fake hippopotamus eyeballs that were blueberries.
Speaker 2: Well, those are tough to source.
Speaker 1: Then they snuck in an actual piece of bat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And if these fuckers say that it tastes like chicken, I'm gonna lose my goddamnit.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean a lot of things do taste like chicken.
Speaker 1: I've heard that alligator tastes like.
Speaker 2: Chicken, alligator frog tastes like chicken. I've had both snake tastes like chicken.
Speaker 1: Really, h I wouldn't think snake would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just white meat. It's white meat.
Speaker 1: I wonder if we taste like chicken, you know, I wonder if we do, maybe we'll get into plane crash with a soccer team and then we'll get stuck on the mountain. I'll have to eat something.
Speaker 2: How many days you think it would take you to start feasting on a rump?
Speaker 1: We eat like my sister or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, long, pig.
Speaker 1: I think we can survive two weeks without eating in three days without water?
Speaker 2: Oh no, we can survive way longer without eating.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Month, month, But then i'd have to live with myself, and what kind of life is that?
Speaker 2: All right, well, what about this. You're nine days into being stranded. Your sister has succumbed to some exposure, right, she's passed. The environs are humid and corrosive to uncured flesh. And if you are to eat a rump, you're gonna have to get after it pretty quick.
Speaker 1: And my luck, they'd be a fucking fly on it, and I'd say, no.
Speaker 2: Right exactly, So do you partake in the rump?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I think I just died. Yeah, you just think I just died. I take a long I'm going I go, Hey, everybody, I'm gonna go take a walk. They're like, where are you're going? It's freezing out there. I know.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you too? If I was with my wife, then maybe i'd fight to serve I have a little bit more. But like, God, would I give up so fast? People are like, you can you can look, moss grows north on all these survival tips. I'm like, well, there's moss all over this stump. What are you talking about? North? I mean, what are you talking about? I'm gonna walk into the mouth of a goddamn grizz if I don't just sit down here and give up right now. Good God.
Speaker 1: Well, I got young kids, so I guess I gotta stick around.
Speaker 2: For a while. All right, Serena has to make back curry and the anchor isn't going down. The gang is sitting around looking at turtle picks while Johnny, I mean, I'd rather eat fucking long pig than shove my hand even for a second into that chain.
Speaker 1: Thought that for a second, that is definitely against protocol.
Speaker 2: No, that is no bueno. You can off. Yeah, I mean, good god, so Ween is growing on a dare a little bit.
Speaker 1: And I couldn't believe she said that what part? What part?
Speaker 2: It's sad to see, but I think that a dare knows what she's doing. Yeah, okay, So there's there's two aspects of this. One for sure, psychological garbage compactor, right, but two we and if he's trying to enter you, we'll let you get a wait with murder. I mean, she's going getting coffees, she's she's got free.
Speaker 1: Rein this take. I like this take. She just what do you call it? Where you just keep someone going thinking.
Speaker 2: It's hamster wheel, hamster wheel.
Speaker 1: She just keeps playing the sucker. Well, let me tell you what's going on in Vhan's parallel universe, which is inside his head. Yeah, he's saying, look out, Alisa, she's coming for your man. Yeah that's what he thinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, well, and he's also like, so, how are you doing? And she's like good, and he's like not, we can't do this in front of everybody, you know, I have to keep my pants gone.
Speaker 1: A great take, Oh thank you. She's playing the motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I hope, so, but I don't think that. I hope. So the j Man gets a little info on the beach picnic and it turns out that we Man is in hot water. More on that letter. It's time of the jungle sfari. We have games to get ready for Harry, and we enter tasked with excuse me, getting paint buckets of loose spaghetti ready. Ween ish. He just kind of drifts off into the mirror and leaving everybody else to do the task. And and Harry's you know, Harry's really stepping up his woman. Big Red is still very confused about what's going on. It does big Red just want like, does she want sex now?
Speaker 1: I think she's ah, And I need this now with my wife. I need constant kind of letting me know how much you love me, how much you care about me. I'm very insecure about my marriage right now. So I need constant Well I don't know what the hell word it is, but anyway, she needs that affirmation.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's your detachment style affirmation.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is now? Yeah, okay, So because I think she wants to get detached.
Speaker 2: That's funny. So you guys are getting divorced.
Speaker 1: No, never, I never let that happen.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you'd never let that happen. You'd kill her?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I don't want to be on a forty eight hours that'd be the worst thing that ever happened to me. I'd be like in jail, I'd be like, hey, let's check out this forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: Oh it's me yeah yeah yeah. And then your cell mate would be like, hey, dude, you're a star.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just killed my wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah I told you that. Yeah. Well, everybody get in the comments, wish pad good luck, tell him not to kill his wife. All right, so she's gonna kill you?
Speaker 1: No, she was looking at that insurance policy the other week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we've talked about it before, you a lot more with a lot dead. Is there any way for me to get my name on that policy?
Speaker 1: How would you do that?
Speaker 2: I would I would need you to do it for me.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no. And then now I got two people coming for me.
Speaker 2: Well, we wouldn't be coming for you. We would be supporting you. You imagine me and her Row schambelling over your death.
Speaker 1: If I die under questionable circumstances, I have it in my policy no one gets squat.
Speaker 2: Well I won't be questionable. It'll be a perfect crime. So God, I can see it now. I get you into a slightly adventurous hobby bird scootering for example, right, and then one day you know that we have the the videos. I put them on our stories. Pat's getting into bird scootering and then one day he's thrust into the middle of the fucking road. Pretty brutal. All Right, Big Red is still a little confused. We mentioned it. Johnny is laying it on thick with Alisha. Yes, Sue, my god, this Greek and we're doing fear Factor dinner. Cockroach's fingers, eyeballs, we're going to manage uh, and we're gonna rummage around the paint buckets now, Serena pulls the bats. They're moist and Johnny and when are listening to tortoise orgasms.
Speaker 1: Well, they're supposed to be down there working and they are, in fact, technically doing housekeeping, which brings me to my point. Men have fought wars over women.
Speaker 2: Bill.
Speaker 1: You know what else we've done. We've cleaned a stranger's urine off a toilet seat. That's how powerful women are to men. They can get us do anything they.
Speaker 2: Want, anything, literally anything. I mean, I know these fat cats up on K Street and Wall Street. You know they'll, yes, you know, they'll they'll plunge the world into disrepair. But us, normal folks we're essentially prisoners to our wives. If my wife is upset with me, I mean really upset with me, I mean really anything I can do to remedy that situation, you know, because that's just not a fun spot to be.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I want to be able to watch television and not feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, yeah. Do you see Severence yet?
Speaker 1: No? But I heard the finale's fantastic?
Speaker 2: Is it really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know me.
Speaker 1: I get bored, so I went on Wikipedia.
Speaker 2: No spoilies, No, I won't I won't give.
Speaker 1: I won't give these boys. But I read the whole second season.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I'm excited because this one's a.
Speaker 1: Real fun one. You you said it wasn't good.
Speaker 2: No, it's been complete fucking nonsense.
Speaker 1: Really reading it on the paper, it sounded like the fun.
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't watched finale yet. I hope it really ties things up, but I think it will. It's a bunch of goddamn nonsense so far.
Speaker 1: What you're really hoping for is what's going on with his wife? Right?
Speaker 2: Well, I want to know what Cold Harbor is. I don't even need the goats at this point. Who gives a shit? About the goats. All right, let's come on dinner, roast chicken and prawns. Where is the bat? I thought this was going to be bad. I thought it was too Meanwhile, Jason says coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. This is something that we really have to use our platform to get out there. Sharks are not dangerous. Hey Pete, Oh my god, I'm so.
Speaker 1: Soda listens because they thanked us for shitting on that lady that was keeping that poor chimpanzee inner basement and feeding at McDonald's. Hey, Peter, I know you listen. How about we make a deal here. We're gonna get the backs of great white sharks who barely kill anybody. Right, but let's how about a green light for killing flies? Because they have this famous advertisement. It says, if you like to pull the wings off flies, then I bet you like to kill two?
Speaker 2: And who's pulling the wings off?
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. I hit it with a fucking beach towel, is what I do. Yeah, yeah, I eviscerated.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, great white sharks have been really cast as this great villain of nature, and I blame Spielberg for that.
Speaker 1: Oh he got blamed quite a bit for it.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's so funny the misconception that we have of these creatures. You know, my wife the other day was we were talking about an orca of versus great white and it's it's literally no contest.
Speaker 1: An orca will eat you.
Speaker 2: An orca outweighs it by you know, I don't know, eight hundred to twelve hundred pounds. It's much more nimble, it's much more intelligent, it's much more sadistic. I mean the great White shark, I mean, look at the Great White chart with pity. In this circumstance. The Great White shark can do nothing compared to an worker. It is not the apex predator of the ocean. It is chum.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you teach a great white shark in a pool in front of four hundred paying guests now to flip around and let you ride on its back?
Speaker 2: Too dumb. They're essentially the quasi moto of the ocean.
Speaker 1: That's right. We're advocates for Great White chart one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there is no schedule and know anything from weehand. He isn't a fan of working, and then they can't get him on the walkies because him and a Dara are talking about their fucking feet. This guy's feet are sore constantly. I don't know what the issue is.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something. Vhan is trying to walk a fine line here, which is the laid back management style. But also you can have that, but then you have to make up the difference and not give a shit for your laid back management style. So when the team starts to slow down or kind of have more of a good time than actually focus on work, you need to make up the difference. And so he's he's committing two crimes here, laid back management style also a lazy asshole.
Speaker 2: Right right right, And and you can't be petulant, and you can't be petulant if you're going to be you know the fawns, all right, that's not the fawns was and petulant. The fauns was the fawns water off a duck's back, you know, most of the time, all right. So he heads back in and tries to mac on Serena, who tells him that he fucked up. And that's when he sits down with his team. And this is an MVP moment. For Wi and starts rattling off these defenses that mean absolutely nothing, and Harry just tells him straight to his face, that doesn't make any sense. What you're saying doesn't make any sense. He's he's it's like a Roman candle of this doesn't make sense and it's Lara's fault and I'm not responsible for this, and you don't need it's it's just like, this man is perfect for this show. We're perfect.
Speaker 1: You're referring to Harry. No, oh, Will Harry is too, But I think Harry more so because Harry is able to navigate kind of the the troubled waters of back channeling and kind of backstabbing a little bit. One would say, also come off as likable because he's doing it to the right people.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Remember he spreads information quite a bit on this boat. Sure, sure, Yeah, and he also calls balls and strikes, as he did in this particular conversation. He says he cites communication is the main problem with Van.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, the J Man ropes Harry into the bridge and he drops a dime, but he drops a dime under duress a little bit, you know, the J Man really squeezes it out of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hot captain pants eyes like he's like it was like that moment where Robin Williams realized that Matt Damon character and Goodwill Hunting was probably sexually blested as a kid. Sure it was exactly like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's okay. I don't know that it was like that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I saw something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of stakes are a little lower, you think so here Yeah, so we an overhears this drive this dime dropping and he begins to spiral.
Speaker 1: Now the editing made it look that way. Could was he actually listening to them?
Speaker 2: I think he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's possibility.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get to the fear factor test. Oh this is gross.
Speaker 1: Also cut this out. This is so dumb. Who wants to do this on vacation?
Speaker 2: You know what, I solemnly swear to never ever accuse Bravo of needing to cut things or God, I'm gonna I'm gonna eat my words here. But one thing, maybe I'll amend that. One thing I'll appreciate about Bravo and Below Deck specifically, they're not love is blinding us. It's forty two on the button every time, you know, sometimes they extended a little bit, but it's never I mean these Love Is Blind episodes were I mean, like the severance finale, it's but but but but but but about Sarah and Joey talking about politics.
Speaker 1: I hated Blind.
Speaker 2: Oh was so bad.
Speaker 1: I hate it. I'm still traumatized by me too.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're ever going to do it again.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we'll. I'll watch the first three episodes when it comes around again, and we'll see if it's good or maybe we'll get.
Speaker 2: Screeners by that, yeh, screeners.
Speaker 1: I do want to say, you know, a good show, deal that we're not watching that our friend of the show, Mark Wahlberg, is hosting actually doing a temptation of guest interviews and here with people on the show. I'm five episodes into that they're already cheating on each other.
Speaker 2: Oh, really banging.
Speaker 1: In the shower, and then the person has to watch it on a video.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I never realized Mark Wahlberg on There is like a relationship therapist like Navigates. The young thought he's through their troubled relations Yeah, Mark's great.
Speaker 2: He was very confused with my energy when we talk to him. He thought I was angry and I was like, I am, but calm down.
Speaker 1: I remember that it was really uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was uncomfortable. I was like, calm down.
Speaker 1: Him and I had a great time.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, no, you guys had really hit it off. Okay, so we do this fear of ex tests and the next thing I have is Gary getting a little or Harry getting a little guest suite permission.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He basically asked Laura on the night off, can he come back to the you know the fun room those rooms. Yeah, we're the banisters where the handprints are.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah and the flies. All right, next day, Happy birthday Marine. This is really sweet. A lot of sea rats don't do this for other sea rats, so this is a good mark for Laura.
Speaker 1: I agree, got a tough week on our podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you know, nobody's perfect. The only person that was perfect was who jesus?
Speaker 1: Yeah he died on the cross for all our sins.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly. Okay, So Adare is really warming up to weigh in, and this is where case In points she gets to slack off entirely. She goes, I think I'm gonna get a coffee. He's like, no problem, I haven't bet you yet, so absolutely go get that coffee, because what's he gonna do come down on her? Now?
Speaker 1: You can't do that right now, get back to work now. And this is when Captain hot stuff. I gotta give it to him. He has to explain to these goddamn millennials what a break is.
Speaker 2: Huh. Can you believe these kids?
Speaker 1: I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: I think I don't think they're millennials.
Speaker 1: Oh not like my generation, we worked, We knew what a break was that was, you know, Yeah, wake up at six in the morning till and I didn't even have shoes. I used to have to like tie tape to the bottom of my feet. I'd have to walk to school in snow six miles. Can you believe that? Not? Like these goddamn gen z s don't even know what a goddamn break is. Drinking coffee all the time. I didn't even know what coffee was. You know what coffee.
Speaker 2: Was for me?
Speaker 1: I'd squeeze whatever fruit was rotting in the backyard into a cup and I'd drink it. Yeah, that's because that's what my generation did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like these goddamns, do you have a cold?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You know what I do have a cold. I do have a cold. I'm not feeling well.
Speaker 2: Great baby, I didn't want to say that. Got a baby shower tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I plan on coming.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, can you just can you do me a favorite? Can you just elbow bump my wife? Don't don't hugger too much.
Speaker 1: I won't.
Speaker 2: You know what coffee was? And by dad'd go outside, I'd squeeze a frediture a cup. That's like this, fucking gen zas, I don't know what I got. That break is I had to take my shoes. What who are you? I'll tell you what I think A break?
Speaker 1: What am I? What am I?
Speaker 2: I think you're gen X. A break is it's pure exhaustion. It's it's whether it's psychological and you're working an insurance company or you're on an oil tanker. It's a moment where you need it. You you go, oh, I got a break. That's the American dream right there? You know what I mean? You know what where are we as a country? I mean, it's just crazy. Gen Z's got it. Figure it out.
Speaker 1: When I worked at North American Insurance, it was so fun because I never had this type of existence prior to that. I had college and I worked at work study. I oversaw the recording studio at the school. I also delivered pizza, and that were my jobs. Then I get a corporate job in a cubicle and you'd have to show up at seven thirty and they'd be keeping track of your hours, and you get written up if you showed up five minutes late. And then at ten am a bell would ring that that you got ten minutes to yourself. People would all walk around, and then at eleven forty five a bell would ring, and that meant it was five minutes till you got to go on lunch. It was forty minutes and you better not go over that. And then at two o'clock you got another ten minutes.
Speaker 2: God, and then on Fridays you don't get off and rip your clothes off and have public.
Speaker 1: Sex TGIF's parking line.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: It was the Blue drinks that did it.
Speaker 2: Or uh, someone needs to take control, Willian says, He goes, I know, I watch going on has somebody needs a tight control.
Speaker 1: What's hilarious is she's like, that's literally your job.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. Uh Tony Robbins, can you jump in for me, yeah or no problem. And then he comes in. He goes, it's you. That's why Tony Rock, it's you.
Speaker 1: I think his voice a little gravity or too.
Speaker 2: If you want to take the bull, that's my that's why Tony roight. He boy, is he talented?
Speaker 1: How's he doing? Is he still around?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah he's been around for a while.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is really helping people, all right. So dirty little, dirty little bitch, let's get to breakfast. Johnny wants to take a leisure out for a drink and he goes up and he asked Captain j Man. Now, I would say you might want to check with her first, but I think that she's in, like with the big Greek.
Speaker 1: Oh she's more than in. Like yeah, I think she wants to have his baby.
Speaker 2: Me too. So the guests apart and Wean has a little sit down with the Captain j Man.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, he reads him the riot act. I enjoyed this. He was right on the money here. He tells him to quit bitching or he's fucking fired. And how does the hand respond, I am.
Speaker 2: A good leader. I am a good leader.
Speaker 1: Well he says, uh uh he do. How does he respond to a reasonable request about tempering his negativity. He walks down the saras and says he doesn't have time for this bullshit.
Speaker 2: Yeaheah, yeah, I mean he's a bad egg. He is a bad egg. Let's get to the tip meeting, Pat, what'll we got.
Speaker 1: Twenty four k biggest tip of the season, eighteen and change each. That's a lot of money. Why did Marina get the helmet?
Speaker 3: Uh, it's a birthday, all right, that's a dumb peasant. Jason said, it's your birthday, so I'm gonna give you the helmet because its your birthday.
Speaker 2: Even though he should have given it to Wien. That's right, right, So the heads of department sit down.
Speaker 1: This was hilarious. Captain Hotpants goes, all right, heads of department, Well, let's all meet up. Let's have a chat here. Yeah, all right, now that three of you are sitting there, okay, great, Uh, you guys figured it out. I'm gonna go take a piss.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love that too. It's a little bit like the Joker snapping the pool Q in half and he just goes you guys sorted out. Weien is obviously on the defensive and obviously tells the women that they're not strong enough to work on jet skis and obviously takes no accountability for the mistakes he's made. So we'll see if that improves. I think, uh, you know, if you want five dollars to uh to go to Patreon dot com, slash another podcast network. I'd say, find some illegal online book that has these odds and bet that Wien's gonna not get past episode nine and a half. I would say, I love you guys very much. Getting the comments, Oh quick time for you know the reviews have been coming in. We really really appreciate it. Comment No, we got some good ones. Yeah, we got some great ones and really appreciate that. So let's take a moment to read this one from Little Auntie, Sally Joe. Love you guys, five stars. My husband and I listen to you all the time. You're the only podcast he listens to. Well, there are a lot of great ones out there that can teach you about economics, or science, or Spanish or how often people are murdered in America or other countries. But thank you for listening to this one, and that goes to all of you who are listening. Love you all. Have a great week, I'm Dylan saying goodbye Pat, and say goodbye.
Speaker 1: Lay it out