Speaker 1: It's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. One of the things that we have been tracking incredibly closely is this zebra story. And I don't mean the Chris Arnold fuel Fuel City zebra. I mean the one that's running around in the wild. Is that in Tennessee? Where is that thing Kevin called the Ridge Mountain? What's it called, Murphysboro, Tennessee. Murphy's bro called the city Hall. We've got resolution on that and we're gonna get to it here in about eighteen minutes or so.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Mountains around the sports k t queints as all the sports huge softball game tonight, the College World Series softball game. Fine, oh we're not doing that, Okay. Game one of the NBA Finals last night. It is actually good Texas and Texas Tech. Texas Tech just gave their pitcher who's gonna pitt for the third night in the Road to Night, another seven digit in IL deal for next year. Wow, So she's kind of it is kind of interesting. Patrick Mahomes is there and not a stuff who cares? So NBA Finals got kicked olf last night, yep, and it went off and you know, I was at halftime kind of a little boards as a little nervous, as kind of how the series is going to be.
Speaker 2: But we should have known by now.
Speaker 3: Don't you sleep on the Indianapolis Pacers.
Speaker 2: The Indiana Pacers.
Speaker 3: Don't you sleep on them, because they got the juice and they may not have the best player in the league, and they may not have this future dynasty going on, but they have the juice and that outweighs anything.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's happening. It's like the hot goalie in hockey.
Speaker 3: This feels meant to be. Dude.
Speaker 1: You know, my wife asked me going into this series, who are you pulling for? And I think I've told you guys this before. Generally, if I have no attachment to the teams, all I want is I want it to be exciting, and then I'll find whatever whatever I'm pulling for will just happen naturally. It's not something i'll go into and decide. I get caught into the emotion of whatever it is. And I realized last night at the So basically, if you didn't know anything about the game, Indiana had nineteen turnovers in the first half. They played twenty four minutes of basketball and had nineteen turnovers. Nineteen turnovers in a game is terrible. They had nineteen and a half and they were sitting there down twelve on the road at halftime, and I was like, how does this even possible? And then during the third quarter, I was having a conversation phone conversation with Ben and I'd paused it, so then Ben and I, you know, hung up, and I kind of got caught up. There was some moments in the third quarter where Indiana kind of got it to eight or nine, but they never really broke through. And then at the beginning of the fourth quarter, Oklahoma City built up big lead, got it to fifteen, and they were hooting and hollering and lou Dortz was draining threes and I was like, yeah, that sucks, man. I wanted this to be a better game. And then suddenly you look up, it's like, okay, it's an eight point game. And then suddenly Miles Turner hits a three and you're like, uh, it's a five point game. And then what happens is everything that's gone on during this playoff run, in which they've had a huge comeback win against Milwaukee, a huge comeback win against the Knicks and a huge comeback win against Cleveland. They're this like team of destiny and you start sitting there going.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's gonna happen again. It's gonna happen again.
Speaker 1: And dude, there was a moment with about I think a minute and a half or two minutes to go and Tyrese Haliburton goes in the lane. They're down four, and he kicks it out to Miles Turner for a wide open three and he breaks it and Oklahoma City goes down and scores, and you're like, Okay, they had their chance. Then it got back up to eight, and you're like, all right, they had their chance. It didn't happen. But I'll be damn man, this team.
Speaker 2: Does not give up.
Speaker 1: So many wild things happen, and they got a stop down one with eight seconds to go. Rick doesn't call it time out and Halliburton just dribbles down and hits a game winner. Again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I I was picking my wife up from the airport and she goes, is there some big game happening right now?
Speaker 2: I was like, why she goes?
Speaker 4: The airport just erupted And it was right after that shot was made by Haliburton, and I was like, dang it because I chose not to watch that game because I was convinced it wasn't going to be close.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm now on the Pacers bandwagon. It's it's it's.
Speaker 3: This feels like the Raptors a couple of years ago too, though, And you know the Raptors lost. That's good, that's good, but it feels like this is kind of like, Okay, this could happen. And because one guy's playing otherworldly and crunch.
Speaker 1: Time like Kai and you know who was on that team helped me Outam?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, that Wasam's third year and he was talking the other day about Man, I thought I was going to go to the finals every other year that was new in the league, and we won this championship and I didn't. So he's soaking it up. And man, it's what I realized watching last night's game is that I was like, Indiana is not gonna be back here. I mean, they've maximized this team, dude. Now the East is pretty wide open, but I would be surprised that they got back there and a lot of it.
Speaker 2: Did you guys see the clip going.
Speaker 1: Around as Steve Nash and Lebron James talking about Indiana's offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really fun.
Speaker 1: And so I was watching that last night and I didn't have a rooting interest going in, and then as the game was getting tight, I started pulling for Indiana and I didn't have to think about It's just what I wanted to happen. And I realized last night after the game, I was like, Man, I'm pulling for Indiana because Oklahoma City is going to be back.
Speaker 2: Here, be around Bend.
Speaker 4: I Mean, one one thought I had was, Man, I want Oklahoma City to win, because once your belly's full of that championship sports meet, it's hard to stay hungry. And I know they're gonna be good for so long that I thought maybe it would be hard for them to.
Speaker 2: Go back to back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I just I hate them, and so I'm rooting against them in every possible way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just can't stand lou Dort way too physical and I just feel like Sga is a free throw hunter. I'm just not a fan. I don't like him and I hate him because they're a huge rival and they're gonna be good for a long time.
Speaker 2: It's one of the things that's insane too, is just the evolution of Rick Carlisle.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's truly a basketball genius. He adapts to any period of time, any movement in basketball, he adapts and he gets ahead of it, like he was coaching Pacer teams that were winning games eighty six to eighty. I remember when we got him, and at the time, you know, I didn't know that much about him, but I followed the Pacers, and one of the reasons we got him is because Avery's offense was so stagnant. And I remember my commentary at the time we were on the ticket. My commentary was, we got Rick Carlile to open up our offense. We're fed that guy's the biggest control roll freak. Every single possession he calls a play. This is not going to be a free flowing offense. But dude, he adapts to whatever the moment is in basketball. And I don't know that a team has ever played as wild ass as the Pacers play.
Speaker 2: It's like fun, it's fun and frenetic.
Speaker 1: And he is okay not calling a timeout on the road for a game winning play.
Speaker 2: Go do it, tyres. I mean, that is an evolution. Rights to just go do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and every time he does something great, I'm like, Man, the whole league voted him most overrated player, Isn't it great?
Speaker 1: I went back and watched the clip last night of when they asked him about it at the press conference, and he handled it great. He handled it wonderfully. Man, it's fun. It is a fun, fun series in his own. Hey, let's do a little Wildlife new shall we?
Speaker 2: Coming up next?
Speaker 1: What's the latest on that zebra on the loose right around the eagle