Speaker 1: It's scinety sixty nine in the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla. It's time for West Trending, brought to you by Hilo River Resorts and Casinos.
Speaker 2: And this past.
Speaker 1: Saturday, Global Citizen Festival in Central Park took place.
Speaker 2: It was awesome. I love that wheat.
Speaker 1: iHeartRadio is a proud partner of the festival. So it is dedicated to ending extreme poverty now in driving change towards sustainability, equality and humanity by taking action every single day.
Speaker 2: Benson Boone performed post Malone. It was really cool because Cold Place.
Speaker 1: Chris Martin was only set to speak, but he ended up performing with Ed Sheeran and then Jellyroll performed.
Speaker 2: But it was really cool because there's really raining and.
Speaker 1: Everybody was outside and he was like, you know what, I'm going to stand in the rain with you guys, because you're out here in the thick of it. And I just love what he had to say to his fans.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: I will not let y'all stand alone in the rain, baby, I will.
Speaker 4: Stay in here with you.
Speaker 3: The rest of it said, that's mob and we will get this together tonight.
Speaker 5: My name is Jay since jelly Roll Desa and I'm from Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: This is my first time and since you park in my life.
Speaker 2: I just love jelly Roll.
Speaker 1: You can tell that he's so grateful for where he's at in life, especially after you know he's had a rough life so far.
Speaker 2: This is really great.
Speaker 1: Francis Bean Cobain welcomes baby boy with husband Ailey Hawk. Yes, the daughter of Courtney Love and late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, announced on Instagram that she and her husband Riley, who is the son of retired pro skater Tony Hawk, had a baby boy.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to them and Hoda.
Speaker 1: Last week announced that she was leaving The Today Show, but it looks like she may be leaving because they asked her to cut her twenty million dollars salary. Word on the Street aka the tabloids are saying that NBC just had a hard time justifying her salary given the TV industry's decline. Despite Hode's value to the network, but she just couldn't justify sticking.
Speaker 2: Around for a paint.
Speaker 1: She is denying salary had anything to do with her leaving, but I think, of course, right, I don't know anybody that would admit that's the reason why who knows Okay on the way with our sip of the day, Bishop Briggs, she's the one that sings Lackariva.
Speaker 2: We play here on mix scinety six nine.
Speaker 1: She shares why that's her name, because her real name is actually a different celebrities name. It's kind of cute. We'll break it down just after six point forty. It's Fix ninety six nine, the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla. Now, imagine being a celebrity and your real name is actually the name of a different celebrity. So that's the case with Bishop Briggs.
Speaker 2: You know her. She sings this song.
Speaker 3: Shut Up.
Speaker 1: Ch It's so good and I actually really love her vibe and her sounds.
Speaker 2: So she was doing an interview hyping that song up, and she.
Speaker 1: Opens up about what her real name is and why she had to go by the stage name Bishop breaks.
Speaker 5: My given name, it's Sarah McLaughlin.
Speaker 6: So, like you guys, I have to tell you I recently ordered a postmate.
Speaker 5: The guy came to the door and he said, Ah, I thought you were the Sarah McLaughlin.
Speaker 6: I was so excited and I just was like, oh, I'm sorry to disappoint you, and he was like, no, it's okay.
Speaker 5: He was like it's fine, and he was genuinely disappointed.
Speaker 6: And for some reason, I'd get instinct I wanted to be like, you know, I'm a singer too.
Speaker 1: Oh awesome would it have been if she broke out into song just to prove.
Speaker 2: It to him. She's so cool though, such a fun vibe. I love her. Check out her music.
Speaker 1: You can hear it on our iHeartRadio app or right here on makes ninety six y nine. Okay, on the way, just after six fifty or so, have you ever done something that you thought was completely normal and then someone saw it and said are you insane? Like why are you doing that? And you're kind of taken back. Okay, well that happened to me. I didn't know something that I was doing was so controversial. And I'll share it with you just after six fifty right here, I'll mix it's excinety six to nine in the Valley's Best Mix and Priscilla don't forget to tune in at nine am this morning to find out the details on how to win one thousand dollars with alternative income So sid Have you ever done something that you thought was normal and then someone saw you do it and they're like, what are you doing? Every so often, of course, I feel like that actually happens a lot to.
Speaker 3: Me and you.
Speaker 2: I think it happens two more.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, and just recently, I think just a couple of days ago, I posted on Instagram and it wasn't even about this. This is just what I was getting called about. My husband does not like social media. He just stays away from the camera as much as possible relatable, So me and my daughter were like trolling him. But the camera was facing us while we were eating ice cream, and I thought people were going to comment on Michael, but they commented on the way I was eating ice cream, which we were eating it out of the curton and I had a.
Speaker 4: Fork, so weird why and Jack's had a spoon like a normal person. Well, there's a logic to it, and I think once I tell you, you'll understand.
Speaker 2: Okay, break it down.
Speaker 1: So ice cream in general, especially in a home freezer, is hard, and it's like it takes a minute, right, So the fork kind of like chips away at.
Speaker 2: It like a PABs it like a pit. You pick away your ice cream.
Speaker 4: I just see you then like stabbing it with your fork and then chewing your ice cream like a.
Speaker 1: Psychuy, I have been, you know, bit under the what do you call it the spotlight before with my ice cream as well, because I bite into it sometimes when I'm eating a cone.
Speaker 2: Maybe I am just weird with ice.
Speaker 4: Creams saying I don't know why the fork, and I message you in all.
Speaker 2: Caps the fork is crazy.
Speaker 1: Listen, Once you just get past the idea that it's a fork, you'll understand and logistically it makes sense and you'll vibe with it too.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all I'm saying. We'll allow it all right on the way, we are going to get into our jaw dropper of the day.
Speaker 1: Wait too, you hear how much Carrie Underwood gets paid just for like three minutes every week.
Speaker 2: She's got the best job ever. Yeah, we'll break it down to staff for seven right here on Mixed Sinday six ninety It's six ninety six nine. I'm Priscilla. It's time for the jaw dropper of the day. It snock girl, I think you dropped something my.
Speaker 1: Job, so sid you're actually the one that found this Carrie Underwood and the amount of money she's getting paid to sing the Sunday Night Football theme song.
Speaker 2: This is mind blowing. It was a big argument in my house this weekend. Why was that? My husband just didn't believe it, and fact check said it was true.
Speaker 1: Yes, So Carrie Underwood is paid one million dollars per week for singing the theme song of NBC Sunday Night Football. And let's see, there's eighteen weeks in the season, so that's eighteen million dollars per season.
Speaker 2: And it's not even she doesn't sing it live or anything.
Speaker 4: It's just pre recorded performance. And she's been doing it for ten years.
Speaker 2: I mean, why does she work at this point, That's the only thing she needs to do.
Speaker 1: You're probably wondering what this In case you don't know, I guess what this song sounds like here?
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: Sunday.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is fun. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I think she switches it up a little bit each uh each year, but it's definitely the same song. I mean, yeah, I'm sure that's one day's work. She shows up and gets that thing knocked out.
Speaker 2: But what do they say?
Speaker 1: You don't pay for your time, You pay for experience and talent.
Speaker 2: I guess so there you have it. Good for you.
Speaker 1: Carrie Underwood, all right, coming up with what's trendy. We're gonna fill you in on who we're gonna send you to go see in Las Vegas. Plus we're gonna give you the it's excinety six to nine in the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla. It's time for What's Trending? Brought to you by Heala River Resorts and Casinos and Hurricane Helene.
Speaker 2: Oh Man.
Speaker 1: It's been devastating seeing the updates on social media, especially in Ashville, North Carolina. The governor talks about cleanup and recovery, and he says that getting people out and getting supplies is the priority in the aftermath, and it's so wild seeing these videos. The governor also described that this is like biblical level type of flooding. More than four hundred thousand people in North Carolina are among the two million throughout the southeast that are still without power. People have lost cell phone service, and officials are saying that's contributing to the high number of people missing or being reported missing because their family members haven't been able to get in touch with them because no cell phone service. But the hurricane is being blamed for at least one hundred deaths in the Southeast after it made landfall in Florida as a category for hurricane.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna do is.
Speaker 1: We're gona on our Instagram stories at Mix ninety six nine FM, We're gonna post some links on how you can help or donate if.
Speaker 2: You are interested in doing so.
Speaker 1: Our Arizona Cardinals lost unfortunately yesterday fourteen to forty two to the Washington Commanders at State Farm Stadium. It's okay, we'll pick up. We'll recover, I hope. Who knows, but it is so fun to have football back. By the way US across the US, Phoenix is ranked number nine for the worst cities in dating and no and it all contributes to the amount of singles the opportunity to meet single people.
Speaker 2: But it's better than like New York. New York is number one on the list and then LA is number.
Speaker 1: Two, which is surprising to me because I feel like you would find a lot of single people in LA and New York, you know what I mean. Okay, And finally it is time to share who's going to be performing in Las Vegas. So we want to say you to a trip a one night hotel stay at Park MGM Grand March fourteenth and fifteenth, one hundred dollars gas card and two tickets.
Speaker 2: To go see B five Babies.
Speaker 1: They are kicking off their Las Vegas residency N five l V at Doby.
Speaker 2: Live at Park MGM, and we want to send you there.
Speaker 1: So if you want to go, give us a call right now. Six oh two two, six oh oh nine six nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six nine for your chance to go.
Speaker 2: It's six ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. My name is Priscilla.
Speaker 1: It's time to play American Aidol for a chance to go to Las Vegas to see Maroon five.
Speaker 2: We have Lewis and Rachel on the phone.
Speaker 1: They are a couple and they're going to help each other out, which is amazing.
Speaker 2: Good morning, guys, Hey, good morning. What are you up to this morning? Are you guys in the car carpooling together?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: What's the jam? Yeah, carpool and we'll just dropped off the kid and then off to work.
Speaker 1: I love it all right, So is this a trip for both of you guys to go together.
Speaker 2: Correct, absolutely, all right, so let's do this.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is guess what song Ai is singing.
Speaker 2: Take me by the tongue and I'll know you. Kiss till you're drunk, and I'll show you. You want the moves like Jagger? I got the moves like Jagger? All right? What song is Ai singing.
Speaker 1: Like Jagger? By move? Yeah? Congratulations, you're going to Las Vegas to go see Maroon five perform live.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get a whole.
Speaker 1: Trip, which is two tickets to the show, a one night hotel stay at Park MGM, and one hundred dollars gas card.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much of course.
Speaker 1: Congratulations and have a wonderful full morning. Okay, thank you, all right, no problem, but bye, Okay. On the way, we have our hot topic and we're gonna get into outside clothes and inside clothes, and we're bringing in our friend Brooke from Knix because her and I are at battle with what is what.
Speaker 2: We'll explain in a couple songs.
Speaker 1: I'm mix That's fits in the Tan trums on Mix sinety six nine in the Valley's Best Mixed Don't.
Speaker 2: Forget nine Am.
Speaker 1: Tune in to find out how you can win one thousand dollars with alternative income.
Speaker 2: On Mix ninety six nine, it's time for our.
Speaker 1: Hot topic, and I'm so excited. We have Brook from Knix hanging out with us.
Speaker 2: Said, hey, hey, good morning.
Speaker 1: So the reason we brought you in is because today's hot topic. I feel like you and I have gone back and forth on text message about like wearing outside clothes inside your house. Oh yeah, because you've seen me on my couch and my jeans and you about like lost your mind.
Speaker 7: Listen, I believe that that's serial killer behavior. And I'm not saying that everyone who does it is a serial killer, but every serial killer wears their jeans like Jeffrey Dahmer at night. Okay, I just think it's crazy. You're telling me you wear a bra and your jeans just relaxing on the couch.
Speaker 2: I do, I do.
Speaker 1: But you know what I also think is serial killer behavior. Is you wearing your socks outside on the pavement. That that is also a serial killer behavior, and you do that I think is worse.
Speaker 2: So here's yes, here's might be worse. No, No, here's the problem.
Speaker 5: Stick with me.
Speaker 7: I grew up in the South. I always want to be barefoot outside. I hate wearing shoes outside, so I but it's too hot in Arizona.
Speaker 2: I don't know, dude, so I gotta wear the next best thing. I'm still not not there. For me, to be honest with.
Speaker 4: You, it turns it to be that you don't change into your companies right when you get to the house, because that's what I do. Yes, put Jamazon, like right when I get inside, unless I'm going back out.
Speaker 1: I think it's because one, my upstairs and just walking upstairs changing feels like a lot of work. And two, I'm also like in and out of my house when I get home, I'm not just home for the day, like I have to go pick up my kid from school.
Speaker 2: I have to go run errands.
Speaker 1: Like my husband works like sixty hours a week, so I'm the only one in our house that does all the things.
Speaker 2: I mean, you are too brooke because your husband works a lot.
Speaker 1: But I don't know You're just going like athleash ware because then it's outside clothes, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I pick up my kid in my spandex at the end of the day. But you wouldn't sit on your bed in your outdoor clothes. Would you know that's a cryme. Now, that's like big time.
Speaker 2: And I have one more serial killer question.
Speaker 7: Do you unpack your suitcase and put it in the drawers when you go on vacation in a hotel room?
Speaker 2: No, it depends.
Speaker 4: Oh no, Sid, wait you do if it's a long vacation, I like to unpack.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't anything. I just live out of my suitcase.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I leave things on the hangar, show up at the hotel, PLoP it in the closet.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine, persona. I was gonna have to call Dateline if that was you too. All right, So that's the question.
Speaker 1: Is wearing your outside clothes indoors criminal or wearing your socks out in pavement? Yes?
Speaker 2: Call it right now. Six oh two two.
Speaker 1: Six oh oh nine, six y nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine six. It's six ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: The Valley's Best Mix. My name is Priscilla.
Speaker 1: We're in the middle of our hot topic, and the question is is wearing your outside clothes, like the clothes you were to maybe work or to go run errands a big deal if you wear them inside?
Speaker 2: I don't think it is.
Speaker 1: Our friend brook at Knax thinks it is a big deal, and Carla on Instagram actually sent us a TikTok where the guy says it is a massive deal.
Speaker 2: Indoor closer for indoor activities like laying down on the couch, reading a book, watching TV outdoor close or for outdoor acting these like commuting on the subway. Think about all the booties that have been in this seat. Do not bring subway booty into your home. Sand goes for shoes.
Speaker 5: You're not bringing your flint stone feet into my house.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I agree with the no shoes in the house. I've had that rule in my house for a long time and I think that's a good one. But I think it's okay to you know, if I'm wearing jeans right now and a tank top, I can wear it inside my house.
Speaker 2: I'm not ump on the subway. There isn't one that exists here.
Speaker 1: So what do you think our indoor clothes, I'm sorry, outdoor clothes allowed to be indoors?
Speaker 2: Is that a silly rule?
Speaker 1: What are your like home rules that you're like, Okay, this is has to be the case or it's gross.
Speaker 2: Give us the call.
Speaker 1: Six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine. That's six O two two six oh oh nine six nine. It's six ninety six nine The Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla, So just a reminder. At nine am, I'm going to give you all the details on how to win one thousand dollars with alternative income on Mix ninety six nine. So if you want that MOLA, don't go anywhere. At nine am you'll get the details on Mix all right. Coming up just after eight o'clock. This employee at Marriott tried to blackmail a guest. But the reason why, I'm not gonna lie. I kind of love it, Okay, I don't love it. I'm not saying not condoning blackmailing at all. I just mean that if this is all true, maybe the guy needs to rethink his choices. We'll talk about it just after eight on Mix. It's Mix ninety six nine, The Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla, So, sid this Marriott employee is getting in trouble and facing like disciplinary action for trying to blackmail a guest.
Speaker 2: But the reason why.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I condone it. What did the guest do? I'm just saying don't be messy.
Speaker 1: So this guy outed himself and he posted on a Marriott like customer thread and said I was staying at one Marriott property with a young blonde female colleague.
Speaker 2: Were just being friendly, nothing to worry about.
Speaker 1: We had worked in half a dozen countries together, so naturally we're really close. But one employee at the hotel decided to look me up on Facebook for whatever reason and saw that I was married. Uh So, then she messaged me and threatened to tell my wife that I was having an affair unless I sent her.
Speaker 2: A thousand dollars. I don't need much thousand bucks, he goes.
Speaker 1: Luckily, my wife knew all about the trip and about her, and I was able to let my wife know that this Marriott employee was trying to get me.
Speaker 4: Listen, that overnight lady that's working the desk, she's a girl's girl.
Speaker 2: She is a girl's girl.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, if she wouldn't have asked for one thousand dollars because she was willing to keep the secret right.
Speaker 2: So right, but wanted the money. She wanted the money.
Speaker 1: Also, this guy, he's trying to like get ahead of it, like I just she's a colleague.
Speaker 2: We've hung out lots of times. Naturally, we're close.
Speaker 1: Naturally we're gonna come off friendlier than we're supposed to.
Speaker 2: No, you're not, sir.
Speaker 4: You were being messy. Okay, we've got matching passport stamps.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. So this is what I tell my husband all the time.
Speaker 1: I was like, just because you think that, not acting like he's the one that did.
Speaker 2: This, I'm gonna go home just because you think you're being slick.
Speaker 1: Social media exists and people know how to let people know things. Okay, everyone's watching every lies everywhere, everyone is watching all right. On the way, we have commercial free music plus your chance at one thousand dollars with alternative income on Mixed ninety six nine coming up at nine am. Right here, I'll mix. It's six ninety six of the Valley's best mix. I'm Priscilla. It's time for What's Trending, brought to you by Heeler River Resorts and Casinos.
Speaker 2: And it is the end of an era. Just kidding. Chris and and her boyfriend Mark Estaz, I've breaking up.
Speaker 1: You know the Montana boy, you know the one that's like twenty four years old, and she was convinced they were gonna be together forever maybe who knows, But their lifestyles didn't seem to match up. She's got three kids, she's almost forty, he's twenty four and a TikTok star and hotty and that just.
Speaker 2: Doesn't seem like a recipe for success.
Speaker 1: But you know, wishing them both well. This was so cool to see on social media. Johnny Depp recently visited a children's hospital in Spain, dressed as his iconic character Captain Jack Sparrow. He interacted with medical staffers, took group photos, was there for the kiddos. It was just really cool to see him revive that role, especially for the kiddos. And we all know how hot it's been in Arizona, but one Arizona mom is.
Speaker 2: Really struggling with the water situation.
Speaker 1: So basically, because it's so hot in Arizona, the pipes get hot, the underground water like tanks get hot, and she fills the hot or i'm sorry, fills the tub for her baby and the water ends up being one hundred and three degrees where she has to put ice in the tub to cool it off.
Speaker 2: And if she's like.
Speaker 1: This isn't right, and we agree it's just too hot and it's gonna be October tomorrow and we just need it to not be hot. So like Arizona, get it together. Okay, Okay. On the way, don't forget Alternative Income on Mixed ninety six nine, details on how to win that thousand dollars at nine am. Plus we have your tickets to see Imagine Dragons all.
Speaker 2: After nine o'clock right here on mix.
Speaker 1: These beautiful Benson Boone on Mixed ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla, so Sid it's time for the vibe check, and uh, I'm gonna guess this is something you are so excited about. Pop Up baby raves are gaining popularity for kids under the age of ten, so it's more so like a kid's rave, gotcha, But also toddlers and as young as six months old have been seen at these baby raves back. Yeah, buddy, I was gonna say, you're about to have a baby. What do you think about these? Said baby raves?
Speaker 2: I am one hundred percent here for it. It sounds so fun.
Speaker 4: Baby girl already has little pink headphones that I put on my registry.
Speaker 1: I just imagine this is gonna be you like, your baby's gonna be like three months old, and you guys are just gonna go, let's go.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the race.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's like a little baby.
Speaker 4: I mean honestly, we do have a festival coming up in March in Phoenix. Well I was gonna plant us to bring her Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, if you want a pregame, I just looked it up and Little Ravers Phoenix is coming January eleventh, twenty twenty five, and they're gonna have a unique and fun DJ giving you and your kids an opportunity to rave together with kid appropriate and sound music, face painters, inflatables, kid entertainment, on site food.
Speaker 2: If you want to check it out, it's holy coming. It's like baby Chuck did do shopping.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm not gonna lie like I was looking at this. I want to take jacks because the pictures look so fun. They have like these lights everywhere, lego set up beatas it looks like so much confetti.
Speaker 2: I'll put up the link on our Instagram. How about that. Let's do a little outing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, listen, I don't know, baby girl might be too young by three months might be a little.
Speaker 2: Young bubb We'll see.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's a d one baby and she'll be taking it a little six months.
Speaker 2: It'll be fine, exactly all right.
Speaker 1: On the way at nine.
Speaker 8: O'clock, I'm gonna give you details on how to win one thousand dollars with alternative income on mixt ninety six, and I don't miss it.
Speaker 1: It's the Valley's Best Makes Mix sinety six ' nine. I'm Priscilla so Sid All week last week and all weekend long, we were talking about alternative income and it was a chance to win one thousand dollars every hour. So before I give the exact details on that, what would you do with a thousand dollars right now?
Speaker 4: I would do a massive costo run stock the house up for maternity leave. That would be awesome, so you wouldn't have to leave for three months, freeze a bunch of stuff, get all the baby things we need.
Speaker 2: That would be awesome. It's not a super fun way. I would like to spend a thousand dollars like a trip to Vegas or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when you're an adult, it actually is fun to spend free, like one thousand dollars for free at.
Speaker 2: Costcoy, Yeah, what would you do?
Speaker 1: I think I would because I'm decorating my house right now and I want to buy a couch, I want to buy wall art, I want to buy literally everything to decorate, and a thousand dollars would actually be really helpful right.
Speaker 2: Now, huge help. It all adds up. But the fun the part about this is we don't qualify.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so but it's okay because I know there are a lot of people out there that would love an extra thout or commercial free. I'm Excity Six's nine in the Valley's Best Mix, I'm Priscilla. So there is this TikToker going viral right now because he thinks that every single artist should have a Kelly Clarkson clause in their contract or when they're recording new music. So he's trying to get the word out and by Kelly Clarkson clause, he means that anytime you create a song or you record it and it's your own, you have a clause in there that doesn't allow Kelly Clarkson to sing it because she will most definitely do it better than the original. And that's all on the heels of not only every song she covers on her show Kelly OK, but most recently her performing Celene Dion's My Heart Will Go On Listen to this?
Speaker 2: I mean, are you kidding me right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: If I was a musician I would have a Kelly Clarkson clause as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't forget your keyword to win one thousand dollars of alternative income on Mix ninety six nine is coming up in about ten minutes, right around nine twenty five