Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. When is winter going to be over? It was just summer on Sunday and Monday, and now it's winter.
Speaker 2: You're already bored with it. I got my car washed yesterday.
Speaker 1: I put a tank top on. You got a car washed, and we get this winter?
Speaker 3: Lame lame decision on This is an anonymous talkback.
Speaker 2: I have been in the airport.
Speaker 4: I have seen Shannon Farron on today.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Welcome to the club. It's big. It's a big club.
Speaker 3: But we didn't we didn't determine if that woman that was completely nudity was.
Speaker 2: In Dallas though r I think yes, through Dallas. I is there a time stamp on that video?
Speaker 1: That is definitely not me? Why she looks great? Oh she looks great? What was I gonna say? Oh? Adolescence.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was talking to another friend on the phone, she also has children, and was like, you told me about adolescence.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what did I tell you? She's like, you said not to watch it. I said, right, it was horrible.
Speaker 1: It was so hard to exactly it was hard to watch when you don't have children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my wife and I watched the last episode separately. Yeah exactly. I mean part of it was because I talked. I went on with MO.
Speaker 3: What was that Tuesday night? I guess it was, So I watched it. She was gone and I watched that episode and she came home and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, it's awful, but it's really well done.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we'll talk about it. Coming up a time for world champion Dodger Baseball. Tomorrow, Dodgers will take on the Tigers for Opening Day at Dodger Stadium, first pitch just after four o'clock. You can listen to every game on the iHeartRadio app. Used that keyword AM five seventy LA Sports and the new Hollywood Pantagious season is a home run? Get a seven show package at Broadway in Hollywood?
Speaker 2: Dot com?
Speaker 1: Is it the Dodgers returning to Chavez Ravine? Is that why we're getting the Blue Blob?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: What else is going on? What the hell are you people talking about? Is what Almar's thinking right now. But he's just not saying.
Speaker 2: Enough there he checked out a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Oh really yeah, Oh you didn't I love you guys.
Speaker 2: Oh well, then what else is going on?
Speaker 5: Time four?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: So about the winter. The cool down has begun today. But when I say cool down, I mean like low seventies. Marine layer will drop temps to the sixties and seventies. This is the way it's going to be the rest of the week, probably into next week as well, like high sixties, low seventies.
Speaker 2: We're all going to survive this. We could see a default.
Speaker 3: Government will run out of money to pay its bills as early as August or September, although I did see one that suggested that sometime May is also one of the options that we could run out of money.
Speaker 5: Yay.
Speaker 3: They said that the government Congressional Budget Officer issued this warning, so the ability to borrow using extraordinary measures will probably be exhausted in August or September, and added that a precise projected X date is unclear because the timing and the amount of revenue collections and outlays over the intervening months could differ from the CBO's projections. But this is just designed to give Congress a pretty rough timeline to deal with the debt limit to avoid default. If we do not raise or suspend the debt limit before all extraordinary measures are exhausted, the government could default on its debt, something that's only happened a handful of times in the history of these United States.
Speaker 1: Have you heard about the mystery seeds? No, there are packages of mystery seeds being mailed to Texas from China showing no signs of slowing. Whomever is sending the seeds to Texas unsolicited is branching out. According to the Texas agg Commissioner, a full plant was sent to one resident. It's been shipped off to horticulture experts at Texas Texas Tech for ID and is now part of a larger investigation by the USDA. It's possible that the Chinese, they say, may be testing the limits of our male system.
Speaker 3: Security or just trying to get us to plant a bunch of stuff that would be an invasive species and wipe out other crops and plants that we have.
Speaker 2: So well dive starvation.
Speaker 1: Doesn't China know that we only live off ultra processed foods and not the food that grows out of the ground.
Speaker 2: Who do you think makes the ultra processed foods? Good point? Oh, my god.
Speaker 3: So they're trying to kill us faster. They're just trying to find new ways to kill us, maybe not faster.
Speaker 2: There is a blob, a blue blob that I referred to. It's fine, what it's not a blue blob. It looks like a blue blob.
Speaker 1: And it's been spotted over Europe, floating in the night sky. It's all over social media over the UK, Croatia, and Poland. They say it was likely caused by a space X Falcon nine rocket.
Speaker 2: Launch earlier in the day.
Speaker 1: I say it's to welcome the Dodgers back to Dodgers Stadium officially for the regular season.
Speaker 3: There are sections of southern California that business wise are dying, and in one of those once thriving places, the famed Sunset Strip, is seeing a whole series of restaurants that will be closed. At least five businesses said they'll be closing. One of them, the La Petite four restaurant I'd been open since nineteen eighty one. There is a go fundme that's up to try to save the restaurant, but it's only gotten a couple thousand bucks and it needs about one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. The den on Sunset Sunset also say yesterday that they are going to be closing down. Rock and Riley's Irish Irish pub closed down just before Saint Patrick's Day. The Sunset Trip location, which is just a couple doors away from Whiskey a Go Go, has been open for nearly a decade and a half. Rock and Rilly three other LA locations are going to stay open. The Hudson House, a newer Sunset Strip establishment, also recently closed their doors for good. They said they shut down on March nineteenth.
Speaker 1: This is a horror story out of the timeshare world. Like you needed another one. There's a couple, Christy and Paul, sixty years old, have been held in Mexico for fraud over a timeshare dispute. They're from Michigan and they've been held in a maximum security prison in Mexico because of a billing dispute with regard to their time share. They were arrested shortly after they landed at the airport in Cancun for a family vacation. They've been held for twenty two days. Their daughter says Mom is terrified. She tells us every single day through the phone call how scared she is. She cries a lot. They had signed up for a timeshare with Palace Resorts. However, they said when the resort didn't allow them to use their time as promised, they disputed the contract and reached out to their credit card company to dispute the charges. American Express found for the couple and refunded them over one hundred thousand dollars of wrongful charges, but Mexican authorities say the refund instead saw the refund instead as the cancelation of thirteen transactions, which was done maliciously by not recognizing the charges.
Speaker 2: What a freaking nightmare.
Speaker 3: There is a Facebook post in which the wife walks a bunch of other timeshare owners through how to get out of the charges, but the Mexican authorities said that that was describing how they committed fraud. That's their allegation, and a judge gave the timeshare company six more months to get more information about all of this while these two are being held in jail.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's why I'm going to start vacationing at your house? Why, well, I don't have to buy it the charge share and it's not my home.
Speaker 6: Well, we'll have to drop a contract here, Garry, Does your wife know you're picking up eight year olds? No?
Speaker 2: It seems kind of creepy.
Speaker 4: Good day.
Speaker 2: Did you just hear what I sneeze you've ever done? I just thought about it. I got snot on my hands. Yeah. But it was worth it, wasn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just thought about it. I said, I'm gonna sneeze. I'm gonna think about it. No, don't use my vocal courts, don't use my what I did in my head. Don't use your vocal words.
Speaker 1: And I sneezed into my hands and it was quiet, but I did end up with snot on my hands.
Speaker 3: By the way, the context of me picking up eight year olds is just I don't know how much an eight year old ways. I'm not going to go pick up an eight year old just to see how much it weighs. I'm saying the last time my kids, my kids had not been eight for a long time, So I don't know how much an eight year old ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the fact that you looked at me, You're like, I don't know eighty, I'm like, I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't pick up eight years old. That's your damn sure you're weirdough.
Speaker 3: That incredible show and extended what you watch on Wednesday. Coming up next, we'll talk about adolescents we come back.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Would you like your Jeopardy question? I just found it here. It was hiding. I haven't done it for a couple days because they've been so stupid. It's not even worth the paper they're printed on.
Speaker 2: Ends with oh for one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: This company's pop line of small figurines includes two versions of Alex Trebek, one without a mustache and one with.
Speaker 3: If I was even five years younger, I would know the answer to that, really, because we had a couple of ours.
Speaker 2: I know what they are. I don't even know. I sure they are. They're the ones with the like heads like this and the little bodies.
Speaker 1: Oh funko funco. It was a blind spot for me because I've never picked up an eight year old the way you have.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 3: Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth is one of the administration officials being sued by a government watchdog group for the use of the signal app to discuss military plants to strike the Hoothy targets in Yemen. A group called American Oversight alleges in its lawsuit that the chat on the signal app mistakenly included Atlantic editor in chief Jeffrey Goldberg and that it violated several federal records laws.
Speaker 2: So that's one of the things they're looking at.
Speaker 3: The Pentagon has announced that four American soldiers were killed in adoring, I should say, a training exercise in Lithuania. And the interesting thing about it Lithuania borders Belarus.
Speaker 2: Belarus is one of.
Speaker 3: The allies of Russia and it's ongoing conflict with Ukraine. And they said that these soldiers were at least near the border with Belarus. Now that's not to say that anything nefarious happened to them. It could simply be an accident, but that there is still questions about exactly what happened. They were on a mission, apparently to recover another vehicle that had gotten stuck in the area, and they're saying that they may have driven off the road into a swamp and then gotten trapped inside their vehicle.
Speaker 1: I read a review for adolescents I believe this was in People magazine a few weeks ago and it said it's a must watch. It's each episode, just four episode limited series on Netflix, done in one shot, incredibly acted, specifically the young boy and the show, and all of those things were true. And then someone I sat down to watch this now. I blew through it in a day because I wanted to be over as soon as possible.
Speaker 2: It was so well done, but so hard to watch.
Speaker 1: It's about a family whose son, whose young son, adolescent son, is being arrested and charged with murder of a classmate.
Speaker 3: It gets into some of the issues of online bullying, social media, the relationships between boys and girls, what's expected in that age without doing too much.
Speaker 2: It also spends time without giving up too much.
Speaker 3: I mean, it also spends time talking about the impact on the family of something like this happening.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of what's not said, which I loved about this show. There are long shots of in particular, let's say a detective walking from the office to his car and it's no sound, it's just him thinking, and you know what he's thinking. You all know all the things that are going through his head. And they do that with several of the characters where it's silent and they're working through things in their head, and all the weight that comes with all the things that they're working.
Speaker 3: Through well, and the fact that they do it in one shot. I mean each episode roughly an hour literally one shot. Not made to look like one shot like the movie nineteen seventeen, or made to look like one continuous like The Bear or something like that. This is just hitting record on the camera and fifty eight minutes later, hitting pause on the camera and letting the.
Speaker 2: Actors do what they do.
Speaker 3: There's no moment for you as the viewer to relax, There's no moment for you to take a breath. It's as weird as that sounds. It just continues to build the tension or the frustration or the anger or the sorrow or whatever it is, over the course of fifty eight minutes. And I was telling mode the other night with my wife and I would watch this. We watched the first three episodes together. After each episode, the good five or ten minute decompression conversation of like, what was that? What did we just how did they do that? How did they possibly do an entire show, an entire episode and never take one break? And then it was a lot about the feelings of if your kid is accused of something like that, why would you even possibly come.
Speaker 1: To quel with it? And you don't know the outcome until the very end.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: I don't want to ruin it, but it is your worst nightmare as a parent. You love your kid, your kid's great. You think you're doing the right thing. Sure, there's some questions that you have about you know, you're not with your kid all the time. You don't know what they're doing on their computer all the time. You don't know any of that. You just know that you did the best that you could, and that's what you're supposed to do. Do the best you couldn't let them fly away. And and oh my goodness, like it is just it is who it's any.
Speaker 2: Bless you? You put your vocal cords.
Speaker 3: I did, but I also blocked my So the first episode is the arrest. The second episode is them detectives going to the school talking with other kids about what's going on. The third episode is the main kid in this case, Jamie played by Owen Cooper, who is talking with a psychologist a therapist.
Speaker 1: Basically, there are characters in the show that are getting an eye opening about their relationship with their kids. That you'll probably get watching this show.
Speaker 2: You will find yourself in one of those characters.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And that's the part that's just it's almost terrifying, it's almost scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And when the fourth episode is all about how it impacts the family, it talks more about mom and dad, and in this case, Jamie has an older sister who's involved or who's part of the family.
Speaker 2: And it's.
Speaker 3: I mean, first of all, it's gonna win every Emmy award. It's gonna win everything. And I went through and I looked up, like what categories there are. It's gonna win casting, it's gonna win writing, it's gonna win directing, it's gonna win cinematography. The only thing it's not gonna win is best Editing.
Speaker 1: Or that because they don't have any who knows how good their PR machine is. But yeah, you know, and there's there's so much said in those those moments of stillness or not thought and like they're saynes where you know someone is not there and it's I don't know, it's just it's just it is credible. There's a lot that's said that's not said. I guess I should say, did you guys?
Speaker 8: I read this that the kid the star, his father I believe, passed away shortly after they shot this, and the guy that plays his dad offered to adopt him.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: I knew that he had never acted before.
Speaker 3: And Stephen Graham, the guy that does play the dad, was one of the writers of the show.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Oh my gosh, I hadn't heard that. What a great character. The data is unbelievable. They all are the mother. I mean, oh my god, this is incredible. All right, more watch watching on Wednesday when we come back.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: President Trump is holding an event at the White House today, at least to mark Women's History Month. There's an expectation he's going to make some comments as well about the ongoing chat on the signal app that got so many very high level government officials, cabinet level officials into some trouble because they included the Atlantic editor in chief Jeffrey Goldberg, when they were discussing plans to attack Hoothy rebels in Yemen. We told you earlier this week also about twenty three and meters and how they're going bankrupt and the attorney general in the state had suggested that we all ask that our information be deleted and asked that they dry up our spit so that they can't use it anymore. There were so many people that went to twenty three and Me's website that it went down at people trying to get rid of their information.
Speaker 1: Oh, the guest list for Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez is being revealed, and do you want to know who's going?
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be the event of the year. Who's not going is more important? We're not.
Speaker 3: Well, there's that, But I mean, were there high level snubs that we don't Is Elon Musk going.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've got Katy Perry, Eva Longoria, Orlando bloom Oprah, Gail Chris Jenner, Kim Kardashian, Jewel, a lot of one name singular name people. Avonka Trump, Jared Kushner made the list. Russell Wilson, Russell Wilson, Yeah, why, I don't know. He's throwing out quarterbacks. He's the headlining today. I loved how russells Yeah, I loved how the Russell Wilson news alert came with he won the Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium. It's like, that's your connection, that's how that's it, That's what Russell Wilson's got left.
Speaker 7: That's hellohak Aary and Enna on watching Wednesday, what you're watching. I watched Inno Sence.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the third.
Speaker 7: Episode really for because I think that shrink saw evil. Yeah, cracked up at the end. But where was the victim and the victims family and what exactly happened in the trial for that kid. There's a lot of unanswered questions. Plus again what happened to the victims family?
Speaker 2: Aloha? Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: The there are questions about I mean, the story's not perfect in that it doesn't wrap everything up neatly in a bow for you at the end. But and you could probably have done a fifth episode, you know, you could do another episode in there about that viewpoint as well. And then somebody else had asked this realized we weren't okay.
Speaker 2: Talking about adolescents.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me what it means when you say it's shot in one done in one shot.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means, all right? They called a woner.
Speaker 3: Sometimes if you're in the business, nobody actually says that, but that's what they call it. It's one continuous shot. Literally, one camera the entire time. You don't switch between cameras. You don't go from over the shoulder one guy to the over shoulder the other guy when they're having a conversation.
Speaker 2: It's one camera in the room the entire time.
Speaker 3: And to that end, they did two takes per day over the course of about five days for each episode, two takes per day. A couple of them they got on, like the second take, some of the others that took him till the last take.
Speaker 2: Listen to this story.
Speaker 3: So the guy who plays the detective I loved him, Ashley Walters is the actor's name, and he ends up at one point and this is after this towards the end of the second episode. He's chasing somebody. I don't want to give it away, but he's chasing somebody and in the chase he's supposed to yell out the kid's name. He yelled out the kid actor's name. He yelled out his real name. It's five minutes left in the shoot, so they had done forty five fifty full minutes of and they're trying to get it all in one shot. Because you mess up anywhere you got to go all the way back to the beginning. He's five minutes to the end and calls out the actor's name that he's chasing as opposed to the character.
Speaker 1: It shows how much he was in that moment. And when you're watching that scene, he looks, I guess you can't call it scene. That part he looks so tired, like that rings so true that he's exhausted from.
Speaker 2: Running, and he said that he was devastated.
Speaker 3: He referred, I mean he used his sports analogy like you're at the end of the game and you dropped the ball, Kyle Williams and every yes, exactly, and everybody's got to go back to the beginning. Man, in his case, they get to go back to the beginning. They didn't just lose the game and it was over.
Speaker 1: But still because then you let down everyone, Right, if you like getting to this part of the show and then having to do the whole thing again.
Speaker 2: Please no, no, please a please no. I told you I'm sorry to watch Paradise on Hulu.
Speaker 1: That was a fun show, Sterling Cara. If it wasn't Sterling k Brown, I probably wouldn't have lasted. But I will say this, it's one of those shows where each episode is there's something in each episode. It's not one of those ones where you have to watch four episodes before you get into it. There's something right off the bat for you.
Speaker 2: They do a good job.
Speaker 3: I only saw the first episode, so they do a good job of bringing me back for the second episode.
Speaker 2: They will, They'll continue to bring you back.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean, Like at the end of each episode, you're like, oh, I got to see the next one.
Speaker 3: The only time I remember feeling that grabbed by the end of an episode like that. I mean specifically that trick of doing something at the end to be like what wait what yeah, and then you got to go find the next one. Was Was it making a Murderer?
Speaker 2: Yes? That the reality documentary they put together.
Speaker 3: That was one where they're like they would do one little they'd take like five seconds the very very very end of that episode, and then they would blow it up in your face and you couldn't not start the next one.
Speaker 1: So what I started watching yesterday and fell into it for three and a half episodes is the Karen Reid documentary. Karen Reid was a woman in Boston who went on trial for killing her Boston cop neighborhood. They say that they were all drunk she backed her car into him. Her defense maintained that she was framed, that there was some fight with him and his cop buddies and they framed her to make it look like she was on the hook for the murder. Anyway, she had cameras following her from the onset of her trial, and this is the documentary and behind the scenes. She did not testify, so this is her testimony. She says, I was immediately pulled into this one. She's not an entire a likable defendant, shall we say, but.
Speaker 2: It's it's really good.
Speaker 1: And then also what I wanted to talk about was why I want it to everyone at White Lotus. I know there's only one murder and that's been alluded to and the White Lotus show, I want everyone to be just set on fire.
Speaker 2: This show's full of awful people. Gary and Shannon will continue. I don't really want the people to be set on you know what I mean. They're characters.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: We're in the middle of a Watchwatch Wednesday. A reminder that we've got our trailers up when you go to the website KFIAM six forty dot com slash Gary and Shannon, we got some trailers up for l e O from from Pixar.
Speaker 2: We've got Duster, the new show on Max.
Speaker 3: And then Paul Walter Houser as the Luckiest Man in America. Guy Who Michael Larson true story, A guy who broke the game show winning record, taking home one hundred and ten thousand dollars from the old game show Press Your Luck back in nineteen eighty four. Remember that no whammies, No, Yeah, sure. I love that he figured out the pattern. It's basically how he cheated at it and I was able to make away with one hundred and ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: There is a new series out today on Apple TV.
Speaker 2: It is called The Studio Seth.
Speaker 1: Rogan stars as Matt Remick, the new head of Continental Studios who tries to balance his desire to make good films with the needs of the industry. Kind of an inside baseball if that's how it works in real life type of a series. They say it is a star studded cast and it is defining the portrait of modern Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Before we get to your white lotus but up.
Speaker 4: Gary and Shannon Germ from Valencia. I am watching The Resident on Netflix. I actually finished it up this morning. I would like to work Lucky up employs. I can only aspire myself when he's watching Murder Mystery. Really definitely worth watching.
Speaker 1: I've heard The Residents get great reviews. I watched the trailer or whatever the little trailer is that Netflix shows you, and it looked too.
Speaker 2: Sticky to me. Yeah, I didn't. I didn't like.
Speaker 1: They said that it's kind of it's a Shonda Rhymes show, which I didn't know, which made give me gave me pause to kind of go back and check it out again because I love everything Shonda rome Rhymes does. But they also said it was like, which, what's the one.
Speaker 2: With Daniel Craig, Oh, knives Out?
Speaker 1: It's like knives Out, that same kind of feel that they're going for, which I could kind of tell, but it just looked too kitschy to Uh, You'll give it a shot. I think I probably will now that I write with Shonda Rhymes.
Speaker 2: Because of the Shonda Rhymes, it brings a little bit of credibility to it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But Shannon, I've been watching the America Heads on Channel four a doctor Nevin on the environment in the country that we live in. Is that the tomtography is there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is the Tom Hanks one. Yeah, that looks really well done.
Speaker 3: Some of those those old Richard Richard Attenborough kind of nature shows like that can be really mesmerizing and such a change from what we're used to watching of It's got to be active, it's got to be a mystery, it's got to be this.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's just an owl or a butterfly. Yeah, why do you want everybody in White Lotus to They're awful? People canceled and it's slow.
Speaker 1: It's like, I I think I'm done with the White Lotus experience. I love the first season, second season, I like this season.
Speaker 2: It's just been kind.
Speaker 1: Of slow for me. There's zero people to root for. Parker Posey's great. I love her and everything, but she's awful. I mean, she's an awful character. She's a great character, but she's awful. That whole family awful. The poor Buddhists that had to take part in this, I feel bad for I just and it's just slow moving. I've been waiting for this guy to kill himself for a very long time, and he's just not doing it. In fact, they the last episode they had him kill himself and then he woke up from that dream, so he didn't kill himself, and so now we're still waiting for an episode for him to kill himself. And then they end the episode with him killing himself and killing his wife, and then he wakes up from that dream. So it's like we're all just waiting for the inevitable to happen. And it's a really hard spot to be in, as if you were waiting for someone to kill themselves.
Speaker 2: Is this one of those shows that should have ended after the first season.
Speaker 1: I think many people disagree. I am of I don't know. I liked both seasons. This season I can do without. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm just over it. Like Emily and Paris loved the first two seasons and then I was out.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes you just get tired of the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I have one more quick adolescence note, oh adolescence the show on Netflix and raving about episode three. Okay, this is when the therapist comes. When Jamie yawned, that was really Owen yawning when she says, am I boring you? That was not supposed to be in the script. There at the end of a long day of filming. It was the second taken the day. He'd been there all day. Thirteen year old kid, not used to working like that.
Speaker 2: That was a good moment. It's a great moment. Wow, totally improve Oh that's good. And it came across very real because he laughed. She says, yeah, am I boring you?
Speaker 3: And he laughed at first like, Oh, I've screwed this up, but then snaps out of it.
Speaker 2: Perfect for the character. Really great. Wow, that is a fun fact. That's a fun fact.
Speaker 3: We'll get through that, all right, John Cobbal shows coming up next. We'll see it tomorrow day.
Speaker 2: Drive everybody, blessings. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.