Speaker 1: I know daylight save times blows. I'm like, it's five o'clock.
Speaker 2: And I want to go to bed.
Speaker 3: It's tough on the dogs, you know, it's like it's it's already like pitch black and it's like five o'clock and they're like why, Yeah, they don't like it. They don't.
Speaker 1: They just know what their body says, and it's time to eat, so they're like, okay, why aren't you feeding me?
Speaker 2: Why is it dark outside?
Speaker 1: And it's depressing And the sun was shining all day to day and I was stuck in my office so I didn't get to even enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: But now I look out, I'm like, cool, it's almost dark outside.
Speaker 3: Aren't you going to a Ruba in a few days? Is that not true?
Speaker 1: In the morning warm up there, I think I'm still freezing, like chronically cold from Colorado?
Speaker 3: When did you get back from Denver? Like it's hard to like even keep track of where you are Florida.
Speaker 1: I need Detroit was saying that today and Slack for Wager talking's like, yeah, okay, world travel. I'm like whoa, And like, you guys should be happy. I canceled all those case football games. I was gonna go to Thank god they sucked.
Speaker 2: You think I wanted to go to weddings. Oh no, that weddings. First of all, they're exhausting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think all the family members are gonna have small talk with it. You gotta be nice to and that I have to be up early for hair and makeup, and it's just like.
Speaker 2: It's a lot.
Speaker 3: I think it's harder for women because it's so easy for a man to get ready. It takes like fifteen minutes. Women have so many steps too.
Speaker 1: When you're in the wedding, it's so much more like I want to go do stuff, but you're just sitting around a room all day with a bunch of women.
Speaker 2: Like is it too early to drink? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Probably, But I've been up since six am because I drew the short straw and have to get my makeup done.
Speaker 3: That's tough. That is tough. You were you were in Denver last week? How to tell us about that? Did you did you make any scenes? Did you cause any trouble? Were you bossing everybody around? All of the above, not that.
Speaker 2: I know of.
Speaker 1: We did a Halloween party on Thursday night. That was fun. I went to bed early because I was exhausted. H And that was the smart play, I think, because then you weren't. Then I wasn't like completely miserable.
Speaker 3: You know, going to bed early is always the smart play. I just never do it.
Speaker 1: It is definitely sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. But I think, like the four am wake up to go to the airport to fly for four hours, to get the rental car to go see all of your family members so you can check those off the boxes that aren't going to the wedding and all the new kids and the pregnant women and all the fun stuff. And then you get to the hotel check it and it's like, oh, Halloween party. But I did go meet with Joel from Splash so that I could right off the trip.
Speaker 2: You know how that goes.
Speaker 1: That's great idea, right, Like Joel's like, hey, I live right over by where you're staying.
Speaker 2: I'm like perfect.
Speaker 1: So we got a glass of wine and talk some talk about Splash and now I feel like my account's totally gonna let me write off everything that I did for the next four days after right.
Speaker 3: You feel like you should have put this on the show, you know what I mean, Like you've put this out in the universe. You're committing tax fraud.
Speaker 2: Tax fraud.
Speaker 1: I just paid my taxes, I know, because I just I put on my credit card so I could get the points.
Speaker 2: Of course, it's almost like twice.
Speaker 1: It's like you felt like you paid it and you're like, okay, it's off my plate. But then the credit card book comes and you're like, son of a bitch.
Speaker 3: Well, the good thing is your tax dollars are I'm sure going to people that really need them. And yeah, I can't wait. Uh yeah, yeah, So what you guys are No, I did. I'm supposed to do a show on Sunday's Ariel.
Speaker 2: She's gonna be there, She's hosting, you know, but I did it.
Speaker 3: Last Sunday with a gentleman named Dan.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we had a little mix app misshap.
Speaker 3: Uh available for the show.
Speaker 1: Well okay, so Ariel, Okay, So here's the problem with Kelly. Kelly's got master calendars and master spreadsheets right. Well, turns out I also did not copy and paste my spreadsheet correctly, and Joe was supposed to be hosting. Joe Madden was supposed to be hosting for Ariel because Ariel's on vacation and I'm like halfway up the mountains with my sister and her husband and Lou text me.
Speaker 2: He's like, where's joke, It's three minutes to showtime.
Speaker 1: Whoops. So anyway, Dan Alexander came into the clutch. By the way, that was our most viewed last call ever.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe it turns out that like our viewers don't actually like women. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh well that's a pretty I don't know.
Speaker 2: Me back this weekend.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna maybe they.
Speaker 3: Just wait, wait, wait wait, maybe they just like Dan Alexander. Dan's great, Like, why are you jumping to this conclusion of all they hate women? Maybe they just like Dan because it's me.
Speaker 1: All and Joe that hosts that show, and all of a sudden, the most views ever Dan gets. Dan, the guy who went in a little big Lebowski for Halloween because that's what he looks like on a day to day basis, gets the most views.
Speaker 3: What were the did you have a different set of guests? Could that be a factor? Could that be a variable? So they just like Dan better than you girls? Okay? Obviously, I mean the ratings. The numbers never lie, you know.
Speaker 1: So I missed your segment, but I heard you did wonderfully. Well.
Speaker 3: I bet we did. I mean, obviously that was the best Sunday the Books have had all season. I can't that was.
Speaker 2: Again, so that the books can and the underdogs you.
Speaker 3: Can have whoever you want. The games are gonna go like that. Obviously our best Sunday for sure. I don't really, I can't remember. That's too far in the past to remember what any of the games were. But I know we did really well. Was there a big the Lions? The Vikings beat the Lions. That was the big one.
Speaker 1: The Packers, which was crazy because I went back and forth on splash. There was like three or four teams that I could have used, and I and the big one. I went rams because I was like, I don't want to go all in on Packers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whoa, Well, we we did. We didn't do as well in the Green Bay game, maybe as people would think, because usually when a team is that big of a favorite, the public doesn't throw them in their money line parlays. Green Bay was like a fourteen point favorite. It was. It was more Minnesota was a really big one, and a lot of people bet the Colts against the Steelers. And then for once, you know, because I like to just complain, but for once, I have to say, the Bears covering was incredibly lucky for us.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was Bears my list of needs in case you wanted to know.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I didn't want to know. But it was a miraculous covering.
Speaker 1: We got four teams sext to me and not the Bears were not in that list.
Speaker 3: How did those four do? They probably went four and all.
Speaker 2: They went four and out complaining about fund five.
Speaker 1: Oh but the freaking Broncos defense knocked out CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud. Speaking of we were supposed to start the show with Thursday Night football.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, is there a Thursday night game tonight? Oh yeah? Broncos Raiders? Good god?
Speaker 2: Is there a Thursday night games? Speaking of game every night except for week eighteen?
Speaker 3: Not in my household, there's not. I don't get that channel.
Speaker 2: Uh you get that channel. I don't get the other channels.
Speaker 3: Now, Raiders Broncos should should be a good one. Uh, we're at We're at Broncos minus nine.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Most of the money here looks to be on the Broncos money line. Parlays with the Broncos people.
Speaker 2: The Broncos even though they're at nine, do they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're teasing. They'll tease them down, They'll they'll get them under three. There's a little bit of money to be over. You know. It looks like we've taken some money on Raiders first half. Raiders plus six first half was a sharp play. We moved down to five. Tough scene. You know. I think if if you're watching that game tonight, I mean, what are you doing? What do you what? What is? What have you done?
Speaker 2: You should be watching instead anything else.
Speaker 1: I've been watching the cular documentaries like Netflix and Peacock and let me tell you, I should be watching Thursday night football.
Speaker 3: What what do you mean? What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Which one are you watching? I just watched them.
Speaker 1: We just watched John Wayne Gacy. It wasn't near as bad as Ed Dean. I still can't sleep through the night without having like horrific images in my brain.
Speaker 3: You got your house is safe, You've got Brett, You've got your.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter about safe, what do you what else? It's just like you can't get those images out of your mind. Like Charlie Hunham was like one of my favorite characters ever in Sons of Anarchy, he is ruined forever forever.
Speaker 3: Did you ever see the show, like probably his first big show, Undeclared? No, it was so, it was like twenty five years ago. It was like Seth Rogan, Jay Bearschell, and it was a show about college freshmen they hadn't declared their major. And Charlie Hunham was like the really cool British guy that stole everybody's girlfriend because he's just a good looking British kid. It was a good show, and they were all those guys were like all these guys before start them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, undeclared, he's undeclared, all right, have never heard of it? Yeah, well I don't know. I'm just gonna picture him dancing around in green Lingerie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I never.
Speaker 1: I'm scarred. I'm scarred like between. But that one was really bad. And then the other guy, the cannibal Jeffrey Donald.
Speaker 3: Oh god, did you watch did you watch aka Charlie Sheen with Charlie Sheen? Yes?
Speaker 1: Really really it kind of ties in with the serial killers, except he didn't murder anybody. Uh.
Speaker 2: That had a really weird twist.
Speaker 3: Well, he did shoot his ex girlfriend accidentally, Kelly Preston Fair. Oh I thought was good.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Brett was pretty upset with Denise Richards when she popped up on screen. He was apparently that was like the first love of his life, and he was like, holy shit, she's old, and I'm like, fuck, I'm so screwed because Denise Richards has access to like all sorts of medical advancements. And if he's just winding about how she looks.
Speaker 3: He's thinking about Denise Richards from thirty years ago. Yeah, what is she supposed to look like?
Speaker 2: Like as good as Cindy Crawford looks. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 1: I thought, Denise, there are some like Hollywood women who look great. I mean, look at Martha Stewart. Martha's or looks great. Look at Jennifer Aniston, Look at jen Jennifer looks great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jennifer Lowan.
Speaker 1: If you, if you get the right work done at the right times, I think you can be good.
Speaker 2: But maybe she got work done too young. I don't know. He was right. I was like, dang, look at.
Speaker 3: This is my fault. I got us off track because I was talking about a boring I think the NFL game tonight is going to be I guess we'll probably need the Raiders. I mean, if they could win, that'd be nice. There's a stat going around about teams that play on Sundays in an overtime game and then they go into Thursday night football and there they have a horrible record against the spread. It makes sense. The Raiders played a lot. They played an overtime game on Sunday against Jacksonville, which they lost. Now they got to go to Denver on the short week. Denver is good. They're they're pretty good. I mean, they seems like they've been lucky a couple of times. They've also been a little bit unlucky a couple of times too. I mean, that was a good team. I have zero interest in the game personally.
Speaker 1: But well, I'm gonna watch it instead of some weird serial killer. But because I have, I have Broncos. So remember the splash two point five million dollar guarantee that I did six entries in, I've got one left. We had the Rams last week, sixteen hundred and one thousand, six hundred and eighty nine of us left out of sixteen thousand, three hundred and thirty seven. So I gotta kind of like play next week. Starts double Pick week, which is gonna be nuts.
Speaker 3: But what are you considering using?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm using the Broncos tonight.
Speaker 3: Oh oh okay, Well then you've got a lot of You got a lot of reasons to rout. Plus you're a diehard Broncos fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I redid my background a day and I took away the Broncos helmet. I was like, who cares about the Broncos? I mean, I can't remember them tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. There's not a ton in Survivor. You know, once you get knocked out of Survivor, you don't care anymore. And I gotta say, I really agree with a lot of our listeners who would complain about how much Survivor talk we did. Once you're knocked out, who gives a ship? Those guys were right, man, No, I know that, But I'm saying you're a.
Speaker 1: Thousand Survivors, a new one actually this week as well. John Murray starts next week, Week eleven. I'm going to send it to you in the chat.
Speaker 3: No, thank you. My NFL season as completed.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna okay, I'm gonna send it to CT and Joff in the chat.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fine, but my for me NFL is over. I'm out. But why I get it now? I just don't care at all.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna send it. You need it.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think about you good for my soul.
Speaker 1: I think it's good for you because it like makes you actually care about the NFL. It makes you talk to your like think about that chat.
Speaker 3: I love both of those guys, and I love you obviously, but I don't care about the NFL at all.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I think I've been maybe unfairly critical of some of our listeners in the past. Now I agree with them. They were right. It's pretty painful.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting for your own to ding because I just text it too.
Speaker 3: I got it. I do not distrip. Do you want to do? Do you want to do college football? College football is great? You want to do college football or NFL first?
Speaker 1: Let's do college football first. Actually, it's crazy. Xavier one of the guys I met at Aviva event and I still chat and he is still alive in our Kelly and Murray one hundred and fifty thousand dollars college Football Survivor.
Speaker 2: So he was asking me for some help.
Speaker 1: He's like, you know, do I take North Carolina this week, and so I was like, WHOA, send me what you got left, because I think that seems a little a little crazy, like North Carolina, like you want at least beyond teams that are going to win. And he's like, well, I've got to save this team, this team, this team because you have to use the conference championship weeks. But there's two hundreds han people left. I'm really curious. Sixty seven got knocked out last week and by your West Virginia Mountaineers.
Speaker 3: Hey, that was a great win for West Virginia.
Speaker 2: That was a talking win.
Speaker 1: I had ta plus the points because you said that it was a sharp side.
Speaker 2: But you didn't tell me about the money line, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't know they were gonna win, now, Kelly, did I? But we did, Yeah, we did. We saw some sharp money on West Virginia. Last we get okay on Saturday. You know, Saturday is always such a roller coaster. There's so many of these like there's just there's so many games and just goes up and down. Of course, the whole day was building to Game seven, which was a tremendous disappointment for us, and I think a lot of sports books around the state. I don't know how the Blue Jays managed to lose that game, but they did.
Speaker 1: We also games maybe they shouldn't have lost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we also had, by the way, our best Breeders Cup in like years. I mean, you got to go back.
Speaker 1: How do you have a cup?
Speaker 3: Isn't it handle? It's not very easy to handle?
Speaker 1: But wait, I thought it was pooled, so you guys don't actually make money off of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do. We had a commission. The more handle, the better. We got to go back to before COVID for our best for a Breeders Cup. That guy, we had a super Breeders Cup. A great NFL weekend, good college football weekend. Very disappointing world series, but overall the weekend was terrific for US college football. I got five plays and then I want to know what the Hotty threesome is?
Speaker 2: You know what it is? Last night.
Speaker 3: I just took the text for the t Jake Palermo. I never looked at it again, so I have no idea.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 3: That's definitely true. That's exactly what I did. They played. I think this first one's tomorrow because today we're recording on Thursday. Every first one is I'm right. It's USC minus fourteen against Northwestern. That's a Friday night game. They laid fourteen. Saturday they played Rutgers. They played minus one and plus one against.
Speaker 2: Maryland, against my favorite Maryland.
Speaker 3: Maryland fired his coach this week too, Mike Loxley.
Speaker 2: Believe oh I missed that?
Speaker 3: I think so, wasn't he?
Speaker 2: Or did I dream free got fired?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 2: Maryland's coach got fired. Did I miss that?
Speaker 3: I thought he did.
Speaker 1: Sammy Pete, maybe.
Speaker 2: Maybe he dreamed it.
Speaker 1: Sammy Pete told me today on the show that coach that teams are six and one against the spread after firing their coach.
Speaker 2: Because I looked at.
Speaker 1: Auburn after Hugh Freeze that they did not make the haughty threason, but I considered them.
Speaker 3: Maybe I got nailed by one of those fake accounts and I just kept scrolling, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Kind of like when told me after I was drinking on Saturday that Mike Shula got fired, and I was like, I don't believe you. Like I've been asking for the guy to get fired it all year and then he sends it to me. I'm like liar anyway.
Speaker 3: Mike Mike Shula is South Carolina's offensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, goodbye.
Speaker 3: They played I'll give you some non fake news. They played Stanford plus nine and a half and plus nine. They're at North Carolina. Your friend mentioned maybe. Your friend mentioned maybe is in North Carolina. Stanford's a team that's really overachieved this season.
Speaker 1: Think about this.
Speaker 2: They actually want to win.
Speaker 1: They do. And when your team is crappy and they still have motivation to win, that's not a team that I want to go against. Right, Like, they played really they beat who Florida State? Then they played Miami really tough for the first half. Granted not the full game, but how much does North Carolina really care about this football game and want to win? I mean, Bill Belichick Year one has been nothing short of a disaster.
Speaker 3: Hasn't been good. It hasn't been good. They played this one I thought was kind of interesting. They played Nebraska. That numbers come down a ton, So that numbers come down from like Nebraska was in like the plus three range, and now it's a pick them at UCLA. Yea, he is out, he's out. And they played a game that probably when the schedule not probably when the schedule came out, we thought it was gonna be bigger than this. It's it's still semi big. They played LSU plus eleven and plus ten and a half against Alabama. Brian Kelly got fired. That's not fake news. Brian Kelly's out Alabama. I think Alabama's The team is quietly maybe a little better than people realized. Like they had that just horrible, horrible performance against Florida State, but ever since then, I mean, they played a lot.
Speaker 2: Of South Carolina.
Speaker 1: This team is just kind of the last couple of weeks. I can see why people like LSU.
Speaker 3: They did win at Georgia, but I know what you're saying. And then how about this one, because you you guys got mad at me on Saturday, I guess Notre Dame. Last week we saw our best accounts laying thirty Notre Dame against Boston. Notre Dame played a horrible game of football. They were terrible. Their kicker looked like it never kicked the football before. They did manage to beat Boston College, they did not even come close to covering. But this week they laid twenty five and a half and they played it under We've taken multiple sharp bets to the under in this game Navy at Notre Dame, that game Saturday night in South Bend. I don't know what to make of the Irish now man, because they you know, they they're not winning impressively. Their their win from earlier in the year against Miami, it doesn't look as good earlier in the year. I'm sorry their loss. Excuse me right, I'm sorry their loss to Miami doesn't look as impressive right now. A and m keeps winning, which does help their case.
Speaker 1: But what is Notre Dames on Saturday?
Speaker 3: What's Notre Dame's win usc, I guess is the answer. I mean, they don't. They don't have a good win. I think Notre Dame will be the really interesting test case. And I say this as somebody that bet them to make the playoff. If they go ten and two and they get in over nine and three teams out of the SEC, out of the Big ten, basically.
Speaker 1: Care out of the Big ten or Big twelve, because Big twelve, if you have three losses, you're getting home. But somebody in the SEC, like Lane Kiffin, is going to riot.
Speaker 3: But but and I'm saying this is somebody that bet Notre Dame to make the playoffs. There's no way they should get in at ten and two over one of these SEC or Big ten teams that's running this gauntlet and goes nine and three when they don't have a single quality win.
Speaker 1: I think it depends on which nine and three.
Speaker 3: I think what you're telling teams then is schedule easy out of conference, because all we're looking at wins.
Speaker 1: It's always been, that's always been, and they get it.
Speaker 2: It's always been, don't schedule.
Speaker 3: But then why is the school like Auburn to tie it together? Why is the school like Auburn scheduling a home and home with Notre Dame when they're already in the SEC to begin with? What is your upside there? I guess no. I said Big ten two, that's not true. I said SEC or Big ten. Those two conferences are gauntlets this season. Anybody denying that is not watching college football. Yes they are. You're just you're too big of a Big twelve homer to really see what's going on on.
Speaker 2: So many a case for the Big twelve.
Speaker 1: I said, top to bottom, the Big twelve is got the least amount of parody. I think that there's like six teams. I said it before the season started, there's six teams that could win it easily, and now it looks like there might have been eight.
Speaker 3: Well, I again, I have a Notre Dame ticket. I hope that they let them in. But they if they go ten and two and their best win is home versus USC and they're just skating by against crap like Boston College, I mean, that's not really fair. Forget about the SEC. That's not really fair to a team in the Big Ten that went nine to three and maybe lost a really tough out of conference game. Just my opinion. I mean, I think I think we're still trying to figure out how to work the playoff system. But to Kelly's point, I agree with, don't schedule anybody out of conference. If you're Texas, don't go play at Ohio State. Why for what.
Speaker 1: I've said that forever I don't understand, because it doesn't they don't care. And then guess what Then they'll say, oh, well, Alabama lost a Florida State.
Speaker 2: They're gonna go, oh well, that was Week one. It's fine.
Speaker 3: Let's just say let's just use Texas as the example. Let's say Texas loses to Georgia. That's the big game next Saturday. Okay, they're underdog in that game. And then let's pretend that they beat Texas A and M. For the sake of this argument. If they go nine and three and two of their losses are at Ohio State at Georgia, that is objectively a better resume than a ten and two Notre Dame team. Yeah, how can you argue with that? I'm not I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: That anybody, but you've already pissed off all the Notre Dame fans this year by by snipping out excerpts of the show and putting it on TikTok.
Speaker 2: So here we are.
Speaker 3: I never look at TikTok. I don't. I don't know because irrational. I've been right about I think I've been right about Notre Dame every step of the way the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: I'm when was I ever wrong about Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: I've been right the whole time. They even made it all the way. They made it all the way in the championship game last year when I was betting on I've been right all along? So so what are they mad about me being correct? I guess now they're mad at me.
Speaker 1: They don't you what did you do?
Speaker 3: Oh? Because you don't like them?
Speaker 1: No, I actually we already did the top ten list. I don't like Notre Dame doesn't even snip the top twenty five. I can care less about Notre Dame fans.
Speaker 3: Well, I like first of all, I like Notre Dame. I like Marcus Freeman. I think I like the whole, the tradition and everything in South Bend. I'm just saying that if they make it a ten, and I also bet them, by the way, so I'm saying this with somebody that stands to make money if they make it. I'm just saying that they don't play anybody, and they're not playing well, So why would they get in over an SEC or Big ten team? That makes sense. I hope they do, but I hope they don't.
Speaker 1: I hope they don't.
Speaker 3: It'd be good for me.
Speaker 2: Why they don't.
Speaker 3: Your friend is.
Speaker 1: A couple more games, There's see, there's plenty more fandoma if Texas.
Speaker 3: If Texas loses two more games and then got four losses, then forget the argument. My argument is very specific. It's they lose to Georgia and they beat A and M. And they're nine to three and their losses are at Ohio State, at Georgia, and then a bad loss at Florida. That's a pretty good resume with their schedule, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then they also play teams like sam, Houston State.
Speaker 2: And UTEP.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't play you can't play at Ohio State for all four of your conference non conference games.
Speaker 2: Did you guys try to make it seem like that they have this No?
Speaker 3: I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I said that they played at Ohio State. Is that a good enough non conference game for you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe they should play the Chiefs. I mean, what do you guys want? That's a pretty good game, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I don't think I am. I think I think I'm spinning too many truths for you. Do you want to talk about? Uh? Do you want to talk about this UFC thing? I've spent my whole week talking about it.
Speaker 2: It's in the mailbag, so we're gonna wait.
Speaker 3: It's in the mail back.
Speaker 2: Okay, the mail bag, so you can go in depth.
Speaker 1: I want to talk NFL because I have only got one game this week. Todd Dewey's blowing me up, asking me for all of the I'm gonna put my handy daddy kicker in my in my notebook so I don't forget all of your sharp so I can keep track of you. Like, hey, send me, send me your NFL plays, and I'm like cool, I like the bucks, Like, but.
Speaker 2: You got to pick five. I gotta pick five in the super contest.
Speaker 1: I think I'm just gonna pick five underdogs and hope that we had to have the same result as last week. Tease a bunch of there's a bunch of teaser spots the NFL last week was good, but it really took the wind out of my sales.
Speaker 2: I didn't go five and.
Speaker 3: L Yeah, we don't. I mean, you're gonna be mad to hear it. I don't have a lot this week. You know, we got we did see money on we did see money on Indianapolis. But you know, I hate those Europe Games. I love I love visiting Europe, but I hate the Europe Games. I don't I never know what's gonna happen. Yeah, it's in Berlin and they played Indianapolis minus say that again loss? Yeah, Indianapolis minus six in Berlin against the Falcons, we went to six and a half. I mean, the Monday night game is objectively a good game. Philadelphia at Green Bay and lambeau Field. They took plus three minus twenty here with US, so plus three minus twenty on the Eagles. I mean, other than that, we've got like we're kind of getting into that part of the year where you just get these super ones sided ticke accounts, where you have teams that the betting public is going to completely give up on. Somebody like Washington. Washington several dreadful performances in the row, just an absolute embarrassment on Sunday night at home against Seattle now and then their quarterback gets hurt. Yeah, so I mean everybody is going to be on Detroit. Detroit is also off a loss, yes, to make it even more one side, So Detroit is going to be.
Speaker 2: Extremely Campbell like and one off a loss or something insane.
Speaker 3: I loved. I don't know, but I thought I read.
Speaker 2: Them earlier in the week. I'm just trying to convince myself.
Speaker 3: To bet the Seattle is a team too that's getting a lot of one sided action. Seattle is at home against Arizona Arizona's off of a good win. You know, they they finally benched their I would say, on the short side quarterback. Well, now they're saying he's injured. Yeah, come on, Kelly, So they benched him.
Speaker 1: The other guy you saw on like some random act account if it's real.
Speaker 3: Too chere. Uh. And then I'll say this, there was a there was an account that I do respect that put a little bit put some money on Jacksonville, but it mostly got rejected. Jacksonville is at Houston. Yeah, I mean, this is gonna be a week where we really really have, maybe even more so than a normal week, super super public favorites. Buffalo at Miami, Baltimore at Minnesota is going to be really public side. And then of course I mentioned Detroit, I mentioned Seattle. Just really lopsided Ticke accounts are coming this week, everybody.
Speaker 1: The Panthers minus five. I considered them for survivor. I just couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: The Panthers minus five. Yeah, no, they are, they are. It's a good that's a good point. Carolina is a very public side, and uh, everybody's on Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay is against.
Speaker 2: Great May.
Speaker 1: I'm not buying the high John Murray, everybody pumped the brakes.
Speaker 2: Calm down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, see how he looks against that Buck Stephens off of Bye. I also teased the Patriots for what it's worth, everybody relaxed.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're just I feel like you're just somebody that what Okay, everybody's saying this, so I just believe the other side.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not that centrarian.
Speaker 3: Like that's how.
Speaker 2: Besides the Bucks, I gave out the Bucks on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Uh, I didn't know that. Well wait, what's uh what's your best bet?
Speaker 2: The Bucks?
Speaker 3: Bucks?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Ship egg on my face?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, what do you mean? That's the only game that I actually played. Minnesota was on my long list, Arizona was.
Speaker 2: On my long list.
Speaker 1: Why I didn't play Seattle there? I don't think I could take Washington. I don't think I could take the Saints. I don't think I could take Miami.
Speaker 3: I like, that's like, why would you Why would you take money that you earned and betted on Washington.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, they're just like sometimes you just have to say, okay, right now, they're not good enough for my money, no matter how bad they're right, because we're betting. We're betting numbers, not teams, but the team still is associated with the number. And I don't know how much Washington cares right now.
Speaker 3: That was pretty pathetic on Sunday night. I mean that that was that was just embarrassing. I mean, just to not even when you basically have your whole season on the line and you're at home and you're down twenty eight to nothing in the first half, like that's that can't happen. So pretty good that.
Speaker 1: Damn Darnold who's suddenly good at football?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, he looks pretty good. You gotta say, he does look pretty good, right.
Speaker 1: Wild Danny Dimes looks good.
Speaker 2: Baker leaves the Browns, he's good.
Speaker 1: It's just I think that there are some cursed franchises, and I think the Giants, the Jets, the Browns.
Speaker 3: Are well so much. I mean, we've talked about this before, but unless you're like the elite of the elite, almost your whole career is going to be based on what team you go to, who's around you, who's calling your plays. Daniel Jones now with one of the best offensive lines in the league, and Jonathan Taylor and Shane Steichen and now all of a sudden, he looks competent. It's not like that's a coincidence. It's not like that just happened. I mean, I think unless you're like the best guy, like I think Josh Allen could have just gone anywhere in the league and he would have been a superstar. He's just that good. But most guys need to be put into the right scheme.
Speaker 2: Do you think Patrick Mahomes could have gone anywhere and been I.
Speaker 3: Think Mahomes is like the example of the best guy, and then he also went to the best possible system, and that's why he has three super Bowls, you know, like he Allen hasn't gotten the help from his teammates or his coaching staff. Mahomes not only is he the best of the best, he's also in a great situation and now he's been to the super Bowl five freaking times because he's so good. Mahomes is awesome. Joe Burrow is a guy that I think also belongs on the level with those two, But he might have gone to like I like Lamar Jackson. I like Lamar jacks but Burrow's a guy. I don't think Burrow's necessarily gone to a good situation. Yes, they have good receivers there, but other than that, what do they have. They've got a cheap skate organization. They've got a terrible defense. They don't get him any blocking. Yeah, Jamar Chase is awesome, I get it, but they have they've put very little around Burrow. Lamar Jackson is another great player, but he's a guy that's gone to like the best possible situation for him and when he and he's been awesome. He's a two time MVP, he's gonna be in the Hall of Fame. But when he goes to these playoff games, it catches up to him. Okay, yeah, that's what I think. That's what I think. I like, I like Burrow. I think I feel bad Burrow is in a really bad spot and I hope he doesn't end up like Andrew Louck.
Speaker 2: Ooh, all right, let's go to the mail bag.
Speaker 1: Since you wanted to talk about the fixed fights, talking about Boss wants to talk about has the West gat ever been affected by potential fixed fights?
Speaker 2: In the UFC or box.
Speaker 1: Also thank you to John Murray for reporting sharp action on West Virginia last week and saving me from selecting Houston in your survivorpool.
Speaker 3: Wow, Hey, you're welcome, buddy. No, I think I'm I'm coming around a little bit. I think I like the listeners. Now I was wrong about.
Speaker 1: Them because Kevin, who writes in all the time, said thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks Kevin. Uh yeah. Look, we have seen it before over the years, and we've talked about this on the show. The sportsbooks are probably the ones that are gonna have the first indicator that something's up. Here's an indicator. People come to the sports book. They're trying to make bets without players cards. They're trying to bet as much as they can, and they don't care what the price is. That's pretty suspicious.
Speaker 1: You're saying they need to act less suspicious and just be like normal. Go get a player's card, act like you've been there before.
Speaker 3: Well, they're always gonna first try to get the bet down without a player's card. They're gonna they're gonna do that first so that they don't have to give up any of their informs. But once we say no, then it.
Speaker 2: Because I've never been asked for a player's card.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what you're betting on, and I don't mean I don't mean that as a joke, But.
Speaker 1: What's the threshold? Is it like you're betting two or three dimes in cash?
Speaker 3: It depends, it's it's all. It's all events dependent. Because if you wanted three thousand dollars on the first half total in some little college basketball game tonight, we'd make you go get a player's card. If you wanted three thousand dollars on Bronco's money line, go ahead. So it all depends on what the house limits are. But if guys are coming in, I can't go to too much detail. But if people are coming in looking to make very large bets on very small UFC fights and they don't care what the price is, and they try to do it without a player's card, you are every red flag there is. And if you have competent people that are experienced, Oh the other one too, here's another one that they love to do. They love to come in late at night. The reason that the less people, yes, but they probably are also reasoning that the most inexperienced people are working, that the lead managers probably isn't there at ten fifteen pm because he's not there at ten fifteen pm. In a lot of cases, we're lucky here we have we have some really experienced, really good people that like to work the night shift. It suits their schedule better. It's it helps me a lot because I don't have to worry at night when those guys are here and.
Speaker 2: They know of this.
Speaker 1: Normally, would you just get a phone call for let's say it's an inexperienced manager you're at a different sports book, would you they would have to still call and get it approved.
Speaker 3: If they would, I mean, if they'd even noticed that something was up, if they would even notice, I mean, is like.
Speaker 1: I want ten dimes on this little tiny UFC fight. Surely that would raise anybody's spidy senses just enough to say, huh, I've never seen this person before and not.
Speaker 3: Sure it certainly should I agree with Oh, you're right, I mean, you were right, it absolutely should. But are you sure that that's going on at every sports book now? The reach of sports betting now is all over the country. Yes, of course, for experienced people like the guys that I get to work with, they would certainly do that. But are you sure that everybody at every sports book and every corner of the country would catch that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I guess that's.
Speaker 3: I don't know. My guess would be probably not. But I do think though it's another good example of what we talked about after the the Terry what's his name, Terry Rozier or that whole thing. It's a lot easier to get these things done under the radar when you're betting through unregulated channels. When you're betting it in a regulated environment like a sportsbook in Nevada. We have your ID, we have your name, we have you on camera.
Speaker 1: So you just would what three or four of those different people, you would just report them all to gaming because even so, let's just say I get in, I get that experience, inexperienced sports manager, I got five grand down on this fight.
Speaker 2: The fight happens.
Speaker 1: When I come in to try to cash that ticket, you're gonna nail me then anyway.
Speaker 3: Nail you. We have to pay you, probably.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna not ask for an idea or a player's card then after the fact.
Speaker 3: No, they probably they should. They should.
Speaker 1: Even if you missed it on the first transaction, would you, by the time the fight's over and realize that maybe something was up ask for it while you're paying out the transaction?
Speaker 3: They should. I mean if it goes over ten thousand, they have to, yes, But if it's even if you stay with ten thousand in a suspicious case like that, they shoul should ask for all the information. Will they every time? I'm not so sure about that, but yeah, I think I think it's important that people realize that these things get caught and they become harder to execute. If this is all true. Right now, it's just allegedly true. They become harder to execute when people in a regulated environment do their jobs correctly if they collect them.
Speaker 1: This is all alleged, right Did they find out it's true?
Speaker 2: You guys are just sool.
Speaker 3: We don't. We don't. Our results are not overturned. It's like when we we took bets on UFC two hundred. One of the main fights was brock Lesnar against Mark Hunt. This was in the summer of twenty sixteen, and we took a lot of money on that fight and brock Lesnar won, and then the result was overturned because I think he tested positive for steroids whatever he tested positive for something. So countless people came in saying they should get paid on their Mark Hunt ticket. But we don't recognize overturn results. We graded whatever it was that night. We're not gonna the UFC fight that you and I are talking about right now. No matter what happens, we paid out the winner of the fight. We don't recognize it being overturned, and it did cost us some money, but we have to go with our house rules.
Speaker 1: Interesting, okay, I think it's it's somewhat interesting how often this sort of thing happens.
Speaker 3: And the one thing that's very consistent is how often does something happen to tests our house rules.
Speaker 1: I don't know, no, how often does something happen that it raises suspicion. I remember you telling me years ago, Okay, I remember telling me a story years ago about Tom Brady going to the box and you're like, well, he's going to the box because some guy came in and you change the price and he's like, okay, I want to bet it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that happened two in twenty twenty, summer twenty fifteen. I don't know the year that twenty sixteen, the year that Durant went to the Warriors. People just started showing up trying to bet as much as they could on Warriors futures and then of course Kevin Durant went to the Warriors. Doesn't happen. It's not common. How often are our house rules tested all the time, all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't you see the screenshot that was going around on sports gambling Twitter where some kid is like trying to negotiate with his local bookie and is like, well, fan duel avoided this ticket the guy and he's like, but he was there during kickoff. He got the player got hurt during kickoff, and he's like, yeah, but he didn't. He didn't take a snap that's in your rule. And he goes, yes, he did it his kickoff and the guy's like, that's not a snap. And it was like a funny interaction because it's some kid crying that the player he bet on got hurt.
Speaker 2: But it's like the local guys.
Speaker 3: There because there's no ball snapped on the because there isn't a snap on the kickoff.
Speaker 1: There isn't a snap on the kickoff. But he was in the game at kickoff and got hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the guy got hurt on the kickoff.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's bad luck.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean like like these kids are screaming to avoid everything.
Speaker 2: Like I think we've created monsters.
Speaker 3: Well, we we've created we've created some very inexperienced people. If you're if you're crying that you deserve a refund because the player got hurt, you're obviously not a very experienced better to people like me and you, that's just part of the bet. It's it's no different than if you bet the under in a game and it goes to overtime. That sucks, but it's just part of the bet. I don't, I don't. I mean, we've we've It's just like your I mean, I tease your listeners. But when I say that the sharp guys bet Notre Dame and Notre Dame plays like shit and they don't cover the spread, I was like, oh, I thought it was sharps on them. It's like they were. It's just very very inexperienced people. There's so many people now that they have no idea what they're talking about. They don't understand it, but they have a voice because of social media. I don't even know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe it's a good thing. I mean, they all have a voice now, but they don't know what the hell they're saying. I know that.
Speaker 2: I needed a lot of times they were just yelling into the void.
Speaker 3: Oh well, that's but I'd say that's most people in every walk of life.
Speaker 2: You know, they just want to be heard, John Murray. They just want to be heard.
Speaker 3: I know they do it, and I think that for the most part. I think actually most of them are pretty well intentioned. And I will say this, I don't blame them. How about that. If I'm one of these kids that just started betting a few years ago, and every time one of my players gets hurt, I get to avoid the ticket, and every time I cry, somebody comes running over to dry my tears. I would expect that to continue.
Speaker 2: Their entire lives, and then when and then.
Speaker 3: When somebody takes it away from them. I don't blame them for cry. I'm not I'm not even trying. I'm not joking. Like I get it. It's like all I do is cry. I'd sit on my floor and cry, and you guys give in to me every time. I would expect you to give in to me. Again, I don't blame them. I'm serious.
Speaker 1: I can't a whole different turn. I get it. John Murray, he would not let his kids sit and cry no, we're out of time. I'm saving this last question for another show. I got a pack, I got ship to do. I gotta go to the banking get cash because arid.
Speaker 2: There's casinos on a Aruba.
Speaker 3: Kelly, you're going on vacation every weekend. If we if we interrupted our show schedule around your vacations, we'd never tape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you wanted to run long, it's it's forty. It's we're almost a lot. We're a minuting forty forty eight seconds long. Already.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fine. I hope you have a safe trip. Tell Ariel, I said, Hi, she's the best.
Speaker 1: She's going to do pop on the show next week.
Speaker 3: I would like I'd like to do Last Call on Sunday with Dan. Let me tell you why. I am a ratings whore and Dan drives numbers, So I think i'd like to be beyond there with Dan.
Speaker 1: Dan on his only day off during the week, he wants to join you on Last Call.
Speaker 3: I want to be on. I want to be on a successful show that's pumping.
Speaker 1: Is really hungover on Sunday, I'll give her the day off and I'll call Dan and say, hey, Dan, can you get up at nine, Get up and be presentable human being by nine am Pacific.
Speaker 3: Where does he live? Where does he live? Oh shit?
Speaker 1: I don't miss the West Coast at all, not for one second.
Speaker 3: I have a good trip and hopefully, hopefully I don't hear any complaining about any game this week. Honestly, I can't do it. I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Lew peas lower past lower seat,