Speaker 1: It's interesting, there's a there is a smaller parallel. I mean, what's going on now is unprecedented, I think, but a smaller parallel would be during the Nixon administration. Nixon saw the CIA as part of the of the deep state, like they're against me, and he made a bunch of cuts to CIA that actually came into effect during.
Speaker 2: The Carter administration.
Speaker 1: And my point there is that there's like this sort of like story, there's some mystique around it, even about all these laid off CIA officers who went into the private sector and from there it was like the wild West for the for these guys. And it's going to be interesting to see where this generation of you know, disenfranchised intelligence officers end up.
Speaker 2: I mean, some of them.
Speaker 1: Will end up working for the Europeans, the Australians, you know, things like that. Some of them might just go over to the other side.
Speaker 3: I mean, what's up, everybody. Welcome to another episode of Eyes On. Today's a special one. We got Jack Murphy and Mark poly Moropolis. A lot going on, more fallout from the chaotic meeting in the Oval Office last week. We just found out literally just now before we got on that the US has paused or suspended intel sharing with Ukraine as well as the military aid from the other day.
Speaker 2: So what's up, guys, Mark, how are you? What are your thoughts? Okay, before you know, Well, first of all, it's always dangerous for the Teamhouse and for Eizon to have Jack and I on together because this can now spiral into not only kind of gloom and doom, but also some rage. Now this is great. I'm always happy to be back, but I want to say thank you guys. I received a package in the mail yesterday and my wife is like, what is this, Like I fucking car letter bomb. No, it was two T shirts appropriately double extra large because I'm fat from the team house. So thank you guys. I will wear them proudly. I am honored. Love it great, great, I mean, who doesn't love like you know, bling good swag, sag swag. So thank you, Thank you both very much, our pleasure. Good show.
Speaker 3: That was great, just a little quick merch plug. I loved it. So yeah, back to reality unfortunately. Yeah, this morning, I guess it just popped off that the US is uh cut the cut the flow of intel into Ukraine, which is insane to me. I feel like the next the next step is Starling probably.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and so but one key thing on this, just for the kind of the This will probably come out in a couple hours or maybe tomorrow, but just you know, that story is confirmed. I'm hearing from all my contacts, both in the government and on the Ukrainian side that the intel has been has been stopped. There's some confusion, not confusion. There's some discrepancy on whether it was targets inside Russia or cutting off the INTEL targets against Russian forces inside Ukraine. But the bottom line is I think that that is confirmed. And John Ratcliffe, the CI director, just went on Fox just this morning and then said the same. So this is you know, I think this is something that I was dreading happening after the cessation of military aid. But it really does kind of put this in perspective. And Jack will understand because it's not just on the Ukrainian battlefield that Jack, you might be able to address this in a much more professional manner than I would based on your background. But overall, I mean, our durability and credibility as an intelligence partner globally, I think is going to take a hit. So you know, again, there's there's never a bottom, and I think we're still plumbing downward. But Jack, welcome your thoughts on the military effects of this.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's gonna put definitely put Ukraine on their back foot, and I don't I'm like you. I mean, I'm trying to understand or like search for some sort of like logic or sense behind some of these decisions, uh, but can't find them. You know, Russia is has within put a basically on the ropes their economy is creating. It's it's a position that we've never really had the upper hand on them like this before, and I don't know why we would sacrifice that advantage in this era of you know, pure near peer competition or whatever the hell we want to call it new Cold War. So, yeah, it's a it's a mess obviously for Ukraine, but as you point out, Mark, it signals to the entire rest of the world that we're not reliable, that you can't work with us. And you know, there's some thought that the reason why we fought so hard in Vietnam, sort of a somewhat obscure country in Southeast Asia at the time that not many Americans had ever heard of the reason why we fought there so hard was because we were trying to prove to Europe specifically that we were willing to stand up to communism. Right now, what we're doing in Ukraine doing this like heel turn on them, it signals something to Taiwan, it signals something to our partners in Europe, and also our partners closer to home, such as Canada that just got slapped with a twenty five percent tariff just yesterday.
Speaker 2: I think one of the things is that, you know, the little I say, I wake, I get up early. I got up at five in the morning. Often I have to do TV at that time too, so I'll kind of roll into my computer and I'll do it a hit on MSNBC. But you know, every morning there's three or four different stories which are kind of head spinning, and then that only is based on that day, because because just twenty four hours earlier there were three or four stories that also were head spinning. So it's you know, the news cycle is such that there are really significant ramifications for these national security for these moves by the administration. But I don't even know if we have time to even kind of do a deep dive or dissect because it's just eclipsed by something else, the cessation of military now this isation of intelligence sharing. Yeah, you know it's but you're right, it's intentional. I mean, isn't Isn't that the what Steve Bannon talked about? What was it his zone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's also following the playbook of that weirdo Curtis Yarvin who came up his whole plan to like break the government. And they're pretty much following it. They're following the game plan. I saw today one another one of those head spinning stories. Veterans Affairs intends to lay off eighty nine thousand employees this year, which is pretty wild. VA is a big organization. It's funded almost or has been funded. We'll see how long that holds out, uh, to the tune of almost three hundred billion dollars a year. And you know, there are a lot of complaints about VA, but that organization has also come quite a long way in the last twenty years thanks you know, a lot of it thanks to public and congressional pressure that people are like fix this, like because they feel that veterans deserve better care, you know, especially all the things that we're you know, people were hearing about the g WAT veterans twenty two a day, and all this sort of stuff did have an impact. And I'm I have a number of friends who are veterans who work at VA in different capacities, in different parts of the country, and they're already impacted by this.
Speaker 2: When I was telling.
Speaker 1: You earlier, Mark, I mean, it's a little hard for me to rasp or understand. Like, if you go and log onto Facebook right now, all I see is retirees, military retirees just cheering this on, right, and they will tell you with a straight face. All these were all DEI hires. They were all woke. We're cutting the fat, We're getting rid of unnecessary spending.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't worry.
Speaker 1: This isn't going to affect anything as far as veterans care. It's like, oh, where are we going here? I'm all about trimming some fat. But yeah, if you're like, if you're like firing the McKinsey consultants or something, sure, but they're firing like the therapists and people.
Speaker 2: Who actually work there. This is madness. I mean again, it's I think it's part of the disinformation bubble. I'm sorry this is the bullshit on Fox News. I mean, I have friends who work there, but you know, it's it's you know, if you turn on Fox News, you don't hear about any of the pain. You know, This administration, you know, you know, says it supports veterans, yet it's crushing them right now with these cuts. This administration says it. You know, you know, there was a touching moment last night on the President's addressed to Congress about a young cancer patient that you know, kind of got a lot of attention, except they're cutting funding for cancer research and so pediatric cancer research, pediatric cancer. There's the actual truth of what is going on, which is gutting the federal government without any kind of plan looked. I think all of us here in the show would say, sure, there's a ton of waste in the federal government, but it has to be you know, done in a in a a in a smart, systematic fashion, and then passed by Congress, which I'm not even doing. Congress they just passed.
Speaker 3: A budget in the House that raises the deficit by four hundred billion dollars this year.
Speaker 2: So it's you know, none of this is all I mean, just as someone you know, uh, you know, Okay, I'm from New Jersey, so deal. You know, you guys Brooklyn and Queen's folks will make fun of me. But you know I wasn't born you know, yesterday. I have kind of a brain in my head, and so it just it under this makes sense. I mean, you know, it's it's it's the it's the bullshit pr versus actually what's happening on the ground. At some point, perhaps it'll catch up to them. Jack, You're right, that's the former intelligence community. A lot of folks too, who are on LinkedIn, which I actually got off because I couldn't take it. Who cheerlead or cheerleading all this stuff, and now I'm going to get the audience all pissed off. It's a bunch of old white dudes. It just is. It's old, cranky white guys who are really angry for some reason about the state of the country or cheering this on. But I think there's there's tangible effects. Let me throw one of the kind of thing out there. I got it. I got an email, a signal message. Let me be very clear on that, from a case officer CI case officer who on Monday was fired a probationary officer. They're starting to fire probationary officers, but they're doing it based on anyone who had any kind of blip in their file, a security violation, some kind of bad performance appraisal. Every single one of us in the IC would have been fired. Then I had security violate. You screw up everyone, so you leave that, you leave the station one time, you don't spend the lock on your safe in your office, you get a violation. It's it's it's not ever career ending. It's just saying like, hey, tighten your ship up. They're fired now. Uh. And this case officer was absolutely stunned. Someone had gone through language training, spoke fluent Russian, uh, served uh over there in that part of the world. Uh, and was less than two years into into their their probationary status and now they're they've been walked out the door again. These kind of cuts make no sense. And I think that uh, you know, the only question is will the American people have ever kind of step up and understand what's happening.
Speaker 1: Mark, I'd love to ask you if there's a bit of an insider's view you can share with what's going on with Ratcliffe and C. I A, that's one of the appointees. Like at least I haven't seen in the news too much or I haven't heard from people know so much yet, like what's going on behind closed doors? Like because I remember during the first Trump administration there's a lot of concern about Pompeo, but I talked to people who said he was okay, he wasn't bad as d C. I.
Speaker 2: I'm one of those people you talked to. I mean, now it's a that's a radically different administration because there were adults in the room. You had you know, Jim Mattis, you had various national security advisors, but ultimately AhR McMaster and John Bolton. You had people who would stand up to Trump for kind of his crazy ideas, including Pompeo. Pompeo, who clearly was partisan nonetheless let the Director of Operations do its job and so uh, I think you're right. Uh. And and he was he was visible, you know, he I mean, he actually you know, went to work and you saw him. And I remember in in you know, even in briefings with him, when we asked for something like concurrence to do something, he'd be like, why are you asking me this? Go do it? And that's kind of music to ours from the operation side. I think this is a different time though, because there are no adults around Trump and so, you know, the best, the best characterization of what I think those in the Pentagon and the intelligence community are feeling now is disoriented. Uh, And that's just you know, it's just there's so much coming at us. And it's both based on policy, such as the abandon of Ukraine, but also that your job security. People don't know if they're going to have a job. I just got a message from a friend of mine from the IC. Hey, I'm going to work. I'll text you later if I have a job when I get back there is you know, fear is the wrong word because fear is something you use when you're in Afghanistan or a rock and getting shot at. But I think, you know, you know, significant concern is probably better because you don't know if you're gonna have you can pay your bills. You know, people have mortgages, people have health care. I mean, this officer who just got fired doesn't have health care right now. And so people are extremely nervous because it's both you know, trimming the fat if you want to call that, you know, with reductions in force at the top, or this idea of getting rid of kind of the lower level employees as well. And so so I think the people in the IC are just disoriented right now, and it's what the jack the thing is that of course nobody, I mean, I hope some of your viewers listeners will will understand there is no deep state, There's no cabal of people stopping you know, Trump from anything he wants to do. People put their heads down and they just do their job. I mean, Pierre, I literally I had no idea what anyone's political orientation was in my old shop until after I left, I retired. And then I see someone and they turn out to be from the left to the right just because they're Americans and they can say that. But I think now there's just there again, there's there's significant worry about the US role in the world now since we've switched sides to our enemy. Remember, Russia is an enemy of not only the Nited States of the CIA that is one of our Absolutely, it's not it's not just a competitor, not even adversary. It's an enemy. I mean, Russia put bounties on US soldiers with the Taliban, they've you know, and they've they've done a tremendous uh you know, harm to to colleagues of mine. Uh So again combination of we've we've you know, flip sides, but also you know, do I have a job tomorrow. That's not a good mix. By the way, if you're if you want you know, what I think is, you know, you want our kind of nation's first line of defense to be kind of at the top of their.
Speaker 1: Game, specifically about Ratcliffe.
Speaker 2: What what are you hearing.
Speaker 1: About him behind the scenes?
Speaker 2: Got it? I mean it's I gotta be careful on this exactly. I mean, you know, I think that that you know, you know what you'd want to see someone? How do I say this in a in a in a more positive light. I think the director and deputy director have to be more visible to the workforce at a time of upheaval, which means doing things like Leon Panetta used to do, George Tennant used to do, literally go down the affacteria and sit sit down with a unsuspecting case officer analysts and have lunch with them, which happened to me. It's you know, and that's that's really and I think that was even a scene in zero dark thirty with the character of that stuff used to happen. So the director of deputy director have to be visible, especially at times of turmoil. So if I would have any one suggestion, I think they should be more attuned to upheaval in the workforce. I was there.
Speaker 1: That was that was that was pretty professional, market held it together.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on the Director of National Intelligence going on news and uh I basically parroting kind of Russian talking points and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Well, do I expect you to be up at five am from a MSNBC hits So if you were to have been up yesterday, you would have seen because this is the only thing I addressed from five until five to fifteen, and then I've actually forgotten it because it was so early and I was so tired. But but look, this is totally not with what someone uh UH who role as an intellig intelligence chef should do. So so basically President Zelenski UH gets dressed down by Trump UH in the White House in the Oval office, and what happens usually is the rest of the government then who has contacts with the Ukrainians will be like, hey, that's in the political sphere, like things are gonna be okay. That's not what happened because Telsea Gabber then went on Twitter and basically was cheerleading and dissing all overs Zelensky. Uh. That is absolutely against what any kind of professional intelligence chief would do. It's not their role. What should have happened after that is that that the CIA UH and the Ukrainian side would get together and say, look, our political masters are having a big ship storm, but we're gonna kind of we're gonna, we're gonna work through this. That's just what's done. It. It happened to me when I was at the agency when you know, in Trump won, when when you know Trump would insult on Gla Merkel, the you know, the German chancellor in a Twitter rant, and then I'd have to go, you know, men ties here in Washington with the German intelligence chief. Uh. And so no, that's just what is done. If you think back to the first Gulf War, I know I'm gonna I'm dating people here, but this is when when King who then King Hussein cided essentially with Saddam Hussein in the invasion of quoit if you remember that. So the Jordanians were quote neutral, but the CIA and the Jordanian General Intelligence direct Director g I D kept the ties open, and King of Dullah, the current king, now credits that for the current state of US Jordanian ties. They said, hey, I remember you all, CIA, you know, stuck with us under the table. Now this is done on purpose, of course, by design, because you work through those political differences. Telsey Gabbert going on Twitter and cheerleading for you know, Trump's kind of you know, evisceration of Zelenski absolutely throws that into question. And I cannot imagine the migrain headache my old colleagues and the operations director it had realizing they'd act to note, try to figure out how to unscrew this with the Ukrainian colleagues, and then of course that falls or that now we see today a suspension and intelligence sharing. And so you know, Gabbard is, as I said on TV, so I'm not gonna I'm not gonna try to downplay it here. She was not fit for the job, and she's acting like a political toady to Trump and that's just not what her role is. And that is that actually feeds into all the worries we had about her as the d N. I just a an awful moment. And uh and and this this is just not me talking. This was kind of the you know, my colleagues, the formers, even across the political spectrum. I had Republican friends who are like, yeah, she really shouldn't have done that. You know, what is she doing here?
Speaker 1: Hey guys, it's Jack. I just want to talk to you for a moment about how you can support the show. If you've been watching it, enjoying it, but you'd like to get a little bit more involved and help us continue to do this.
Speaker 2: You can check out our Patreon.
Speaker 4: It is patreon dot com slash the Teamhouse, and for five dollars a month, you can get access to all of these episodes of The Teamhouse ad free. The same goes with our affiliated podcast eyes On with Andy Milburn, Jason Lyons mcmulroy that one you will also get all of those episodes ad free. And you support the channel and the show, and we really appreciate it. The Patreon members are literally what has helped this company, this small business survive, especially during our early years, and you are what continues to help this thing going even as we navigate the turbulent world of YouTube advertising.
Speaker 2: So we really appreciate all of you guys.
Speaker 4: There's going to be a link down in the description to that Patreon page, and there is also going to be a link to our new merch shop, so if you guys want to go and get some Teamhouse merchandise. We got stickers and we also have patches, and I should mention if you sign up for Patreon at ten dollars a month, we will mail you this patch as well, so we really appreciate that. But they're also for sale on the merch shop, and additionally, they got t shirts up there, water bottles, a tote bag, coffee mugs, all that good stuff, So please go and check them out and support the show.
Speaker 2: We really appreciate it, guys. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an interesting time and it's challenging to talk to friends, colleagues, et cetera.
Speaker 2: In many cases.
Speaker 1: I mean, something is happening within the United States government and to the United States government right now that I don't think most Americans have, like it hasn't sunk in yet. They aren't really clear about what's going on or what's being done, or how this fundamentally takes America in a different direction and maybe it's not the one they think.
Speaker 2: So Jack, that's a really good point. So, you know, there's the kind of the data, a you know, outrage or concern over over what's happening. But then there's the bigger picture, you know, in the sense of you know, who are we now this? You know, and you know this this kind of war on the on on government. Uh, there's always going to be a debate on how much kind of government intrusion in our lives is necessary. But I think we could also say that, you know what, it's a good thing to have weather forecasters, you know, on the government payroll. They were fired the other day, you know. I mean, it's it's a good thing to have people fighting wildfires out west. They were fired the other day.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And the same thing with with you know, uh, you know, workers at the at the VA, including many veterans. And so I don't know if the American people have woken up to the fact that this is a complete dismantlement of of the federal government. And people hate government until they need government. Yeah, And so to me, I mean again, there's you know this is uh, you know, go back to to you know, your old kind of theories of of I mean, I don't know are we going to turn into you know, and rand I gotta go back and re read an Ran the whole idea of total libertarianism. There's no government at all? Is that really what we want? Because that you know what, no one's picking up your garbage, no one's fighting your fires in your house. There's gonna be a tornado. It's going to demolish your house. No one kind of warned you about it. So there's there's parts of this that I just kind of I think are And the last part of it, let me just say is as a former government employee, you worked for twenty six years, you know at some point, you know, I'm starting to get irritated. I don't need a patent the head I worked the CIA, no one ever knew what we did. But this hatred on the federal workforce is getting is wearing a little thin. It's I mean, what do you attribute that to?
Speaker 1: I mean, you touched on it a little bit about some of the anger, like there's something I'm not to like wax poetic or play. Sigmund Freud a little maybe a little bit too much, But I mean, there seems to be this like total disenfranchisement with the very idea of government that that government can come in and through policies and reforms they can improve conditions for people. It seems like there's just no belief in that at all anymore across the spectrum and just the The other thing I would point out is that a lot of people are treating politics as entertainment.
Speaker 2: And I can't really.
Speaker 1: Totally blame them either, because our politicians and our media have both packaged and branded politics as entertainment to them for decades, and I think that has led us to maybe where we are today.
Speaker 2: But I mean, what are your thoughts about you know why? I mean this is clearly there is clearly.
Speaker 1: Some support public support for this at the moment. There may not be in another year or two. Where do you think some of those things come from? That difference in perspective?
Speaker 2: So I think, you know, so let me let me answer this. You know, I was in New York City after nine eleven, and I saw how the New Yorkers came together, which was remarkable. I mean, I'm never forgetting I lived up on eightieth and New York then uh uh nice Upper East Side living there. And I remember there was a pizza guy on Second Avenue in the eighties somewhere. It was Egyptian, and I was worried about him. And he hung American flag outside his his pizza joint, and he was embraced by the community. Really impressive. I remember President Bush saying that, hey, there cannot be kind of any they cannot be anti Muslim sentiment based on this. You know, this is not that, this is not what we're not going We're not going to war with this flom. We're going to war with al Qaeda. But there was a feeling of kind of collective goodwill. And then then I remember that, and so then then compare that to then, you know what happened to COVID. A million Americans died in COVID, and there was a point in time where there was a feeling of unity amongst the country. But that then all fell apart. And why is it I'm trying to answer your question, because government, I think took measures which I think were understandable at the time in terms of mask mandates and quarantines and shutting down basically the entire country because they were scared and people didn't know what to do. I mean, my my stepbrother's an erodoc in New York. He had dead bodies piling up. I mean, the doctors have still a pts from this. He said they had no idea what they were doing. They would treat a patient coming in they looked okay, they'd send them home. They're dead. There was bodies. But one of my one of my stepbrothers fellow doctors committed suicide after this because they had such trauma for I mean literally hundreds of people dying on shift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but my mom worked in a hospital and they had like the refrigeration truck out back.
Speaker 2: It's bad, it's donning and so. But but then the government reaction to this, which I think was very understandable at the time, is you know, uh and they got some things wrong, but you know, you know, whether it's shutting down schools, which was very harmful to kids, but mask mandates, which I thought were fine, but people kind of freaked out about uh uh and and I think that is where you see this hostility to government now, because there is a large percentage of a population thinks there is huge government overreach on there, So I was thinking about that the other days. You know, why this hatred of the government, But I think it was people saw that as an infringement on their rights. And that's the only way you can explain how this fucking nuts job is now our hij secretary. In terms of RFK Junior. I mean, the man is certifiably insane if you talk to any medical professional. Yet he's lauded last night in the State of the Union as well. Well. Why is that because he again is part of this kind of you know, anti government sentiment. I don't know, so I think I think it goes back to a reaction to you know, government measures during COVID. Perhaps it's more deep seated than that, but to me, that was and by the way, and that is not that's across the political spectrum too. I mean, this is a silly statement. What I'm going to make is, you know, my son's big baseball players. He's played baseball college now, but his high school season that you know, was canceled because of COVID. This was a season in which they thought they'd win the state championship. And most of the people I live in Northern Virginia is certainly are not Trump voters, and they're still furious about this. You know, why did they cancel school? Uh? And and you know, and so maybe it's maybe it's just the reaction overall to COVID.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's definitely interesting. I hadn't really thought about that. But I'm sure you're right that that did pull the country apart in more ways than one.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know, like I mean, I'm I'm like, it's there's something something off with me now. While there's probably a lot off with me now, but every time I go on a god damn plane, I get sick. I get the flu. I don't get I've had COVID a million times. But so like the other I was on a flight the other day and I wore a mask. I might as well have had a giant dick growing out of my head. Like I was like, like, people are staring me like I was a pariah. And and I was like, you know, hey, man, like I'm not getting the flu again. I've got to go on this, you know, I gotta go on this, uh this airline flight. But you know, wearing a mask. I mean, there are measures in certain states banning the wearing of masks, right now, that's the that's the reaction to to COVID, and so yeah, maybe that's I.
Speaker 3: Mean, it's interesting that they want to ban masks and like want to talk about like you know, your body, your chill, and like you could do whatever you want to do. But if I want to wear a mask, that's wear a mask. That's what I'm saying. Like, if you don't want to wear a mask, that's fine too. Like why he's getting so triggered over the fact that somebody wants to wear a mask in an airplane with like three, you know, two hundred other people.
Speaker 2: All Right, I have a great I have a great little plug for a show that that the hopefully the listeners will like. There's a there's a show on Max now called The Pit. Have you guys seen it. It's about an er emergency room in Pittsburgh. I saw like clips from it. Phenomenal. It's an incredible show. Again, my brother, who's in the r doc in New York's said it's one hundred percent realistic. But there's a great scene in there in which there's someone who's against masks comes in and in the er and she's screaming at other people for wearing masks, and then she's about to roll into surgery and the doctor says, ma'am, I just wanted to clarify something with you. You know, is it okay if the doctors here wear masks as we're performing surgery on you? And she said, well, I don't know. You know why. I said, well, you know, if we don't, you know, you can get infected and you might die. But if you tell us you don't want us to wear a mask, we're happy not to. And she looks at them and she says, wear a mask.
Speaker 3: There you go, and yeah, yeah, all right, swinging back to Ukraine and stuff like that. Can I ask a question, can Europe fill the void? Great question I saw?
Speaker 2: So you know, I'm a member of about forty five different signal chats on this on Ukraine, so I gotta I gotta roll through them every morning. But you know the majority of people I talk to, and again, as a former intel officer, I'm not a former you know, professional military officer strategist, but I think there's a lot to be said that that first of all, Ukraine can hang on. And just remember we have written Ukraine's death you know, obituary, death notice so many times, and so just keep in mind that Jack will get this. You know, there's there's a couple of things in war that I think are relevant. One is, of course material resources, but also it's the will to fight, and the Ukrainian have that, and that's kind of that that intangible. But if you look at the battlefield, you know, so much now is less dependent on kind of the I think that the way we thought of things before with you know, with maybe with armor, with tanks or even things like that, and now it's now it's all these kind of not only drones, but indigenously produced drones. The Ukrainians have an incredible capacity uh for these fpvs uh, these FPP drones, and so ultimately I think they're gonna be able to hold on to me. I think the big thing would be air defense, uh, you know, and getting the Europeans to kind of step up on that. But again we've written Ukrainians, you know, obituary many times, and so at some point I think, and this is not a bad strategy, Europe should say, well fuck it, the United States switch sides, go bye, You're not relevant anymore. And I can't believe I'm even saying that, but I think there's something to that, and that's if the Europeans can get their get their craft together and lead, and there are a lot of signs that they will, you know, in terms of leadership from Germany, from France, from the UK and then don't forget the kind of the smaller frontline states or just savages, you know, go talk to the Estonians or the polls about what they want to do and how they want to kill Russians and it's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we've kind of like resisted the idea of like not Europe being unified economically, but being unified militarily is something that we've kind of like discouraged because Germany will ultimately become the leader of that army and there are some historical things there that we don't want to repeat. But there's also the larger question also of five Eyes and how that relationship is going to work. Because we're talking right now about the Europeans filling the void that we leave in Ukraine, but if we really are completely out, I mean, how does that affect the five eyes relationship in our European partner's ability to collect intelligence?
Speaker 2: Sure? Sure, and so so just for kind of the background for your your your listeners. The Five Eyes is this incredible, you know, decades long partnership between the US, England, in the UK, uh Canada, New Zealand Australia. And it is an intelligence sharing relationship in which we share things such as human intelligence that's you know, you know, reporting from our spies on the ground, and then signals intelligence that's the communications interceptions. And I think that on on this signals intelligence side, there's been a lot written on this. There's there is interoperability in the sense of like the US and the UK share systems. It's very hard to break that. I don't know how, you you know, how how that gets broken apart because the NSA National Security Agency that's our outfit, and the g c h Q that's the British one are are in essence one, and so breaking that is gonna be difficult. Where I think, I think it's already happening for sure, because I talked to my especially old friends in the British security establishment. You know, find if I get them, you know, drunk a little bit, they'll admit this to me. On human intelligence, that's a choice. And so when British version of Russia House, and I know you've had former Russia House folks on the team House. So when the British version of Russia House collects something based on their penetration of a member of Putin's inner circle, they have a choice. And in the past they would share that with the United States. They would sanitize it, probably not tell us the identity of the source, but they would sanitize it to a degree, but still provide critical information. You have to remember, for an intelligence service, they have a sacred duty to their agents, to the sources to keep them alive. And so I don't think anyone in their right mind in the British Security Service right now it's going to say, hey, we can share this stuff with the Americans like we used to. And what you'll see is there won't be a stated policy of it because that would risk the wrath of Trump. But they will just slowly ratchet this back. And I've talked to numerous British officials on this and they say that's exactly what is happening. You just will never know until you wake up one morning and you're like, you know, we don't get the same kind of stuff from our counterpar arts. And I'll tell you no CIA officer would say that they don't understand what the British are doing, because again, you have a sacred duty to your asset, to your agent to keep them alive. And the US cannot be trusted now, not only with you know, uh, you know, dopes in charge uh sorry of the US intelligence apparatus, but also the notion uh that we have in essence switch sides to Russia.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know. The the one thing, Jack that I want to throw out to you. This will be a fun exercise because if we had this discussion three months ago, so many of the things that we would be saying, we would have said, well, we'll never do that. We'll never fire officers of the CIA, will never withhold you know, intel or military aid. We'll never gut the VA because that's insane. So one of the one of the really interesting things is if you if you look at let's even get you know, move forward, the US pulling out of NATO, uh, the US telling the Chinese you can have Taiwan. I mean, I think there are some things that in the past we would have said are absolutely beyond the pale. We would never do I think we should consider because when people, you know call me up and say, you know, well Trump will never you know, just declare himself, you know, emperor and run for a third term, I'm like, I don't know. I mean, you know, nothing is sacred anymore. So what are your thoughts on that? And maybe I find what are some of the things that in the past you'd say could never happen that perhaps could happen now. Yeah, I mean I totally agree.
Speaker 1: I mean we have to get over that, that that hurdle that we have mentally of a you know, that could never happen or that shit doesn't happen here. We need to get over that real fast, because it is happening. And Yeah, throughout just my life, you know, relatively short period of time, historically, a bunch of things that would never happen actually happened. I mean everything from Brexit to the twenty sixteen election of Donald Trump. I mean, all these things we were told repeatedly would never happen took place. So I think that, yeah, we're moving in a direction that is more authoritarian. You're right to point out that some of these things can't just be undone. You know, if we pull out of NATO. It's not the same as US like renaming Fort Bragg every four years. Like there's a little bit more to it than that. But I think that, you know, when I make this argument, I'm at it. I feel like I'm at a disadvantage because, quite frankly, making this sort of argument for international cooperation is not as compelling as the America first argument. It's saying, fuck all these other people out there, they're taking our money, they're cheating us, and we get nothing for it. I admit my argument is not as sexy or as compelling as their America First argument is, even though I feel that it's really America last, that our partnerships are vital strategic necessity for us, and you know, our enemies acknowledge that. That's why the Chinese and the Russians and others are always trying to attack our alliances around the world.
Speaker 2: Well, Mark, can I say something about the America first thing?
Speaker 3: And I agree, it's like an easy rebuttal to what you're saying in terms of like being involved internationally and like giving aid or whatever. The problem is, America First doesn't happen. Our quality of life is not better. Yeah, you're telling me, even if we pulled out and we cut our budget in half in terms of defense and foreign aid, and we saved five hundred billion dollars or trillion dollars, that something would happen for the regular middle class person that's struggling day to day to pay rent, to pay for groceries, to do all the things that they need to do to just live a fucking life. If you were telling me, maybe I'd be a little bit more on the America first side. If you were like, you know what, we're gonna save money from here, and we're gonna give you guys some type of affordable or universal health care that's quality that the rest of the world has, basic things that people should deserve, then I'd be like, you know what, I'm kind of on their side too, but I've yet to fucking see it. The only people I see benefiting are the robber barons, whether it's those musque correct. If I was a hedge fund manager or a significant shareholder and a big company, yeah, i'd be loving it too, but I'm not.
Speaker 1: They might not nobody else be loving it much longer seeing the way the styck market's going.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, so this is my This is my Jersey blue class, you know, upbringing right here. You know, I just went to see Dropkick Murphy's by the way, in concert. I think I told you guys that, yeah, awesome, that's like the new resistance. We're actually I was talking to Adam Kinsinger like we want to get like a drop Kick Murphy's, uh, you know, resistance concert form. But but one of the things that I you know, the amount of grift that is going on is stunning. And I get I guess the American people don't care that you can go and you know, pay a million bucks to have dinner with Trump or this this Golden visa where for five million bucks anybody, including a Russian oligark now can now citizenship. I mean, it's just it's one thing after another. Uh where kind of the the blue collar guy and gal, the middle class is not being advantage whatsoever. And you know how about the tariffs. The tariffs are gonna crush the working class. So the whole thing is just, uh, you know, preposterous in terms of you know, I didn't do that well in economics in college, but I'm you know, I know a thing or two. It just doesn't even make sense, uh, you know, with with with with economics. But I think one of the things, uh to look for is that what I thought was kind of interesting is these these town halls where people are are kind of pushing back to the point where there was a kind of a directive from the Republican leadership in the House saying, don't do them anymore. Well, if you can't face your constituents, I mean.
Speaker 3: From the Republican Campaign Committee, which is like you go to the town hall to try and you know, make some money, and they raise some money.
Speaker 2: And you know, if you look at again, I'm gonna quote the American Enterprise Institute the AI that's a think tank in the United States that is certainly not the you know, the bastion of progressive liberalism. It is a conservative think tank. And in their study on Ukraine aid one hundred and fifty plus billion, you know, a huge majority of that actually went to defense contractors, which who do what they employ American citizens, and so it actually the aid to Ukraine is excellent for the US economy. Now you can make the whole argument like, oh my god, this is the military industrial complex blah blah blah, but ultimately the American worker is benefiting from our aid package to Ukraine. And so I think that's the way you kind of and and by the way, most of these jobs are in Red States. Yeah, that's the way. That's the retort you say, well, we're giving all this crap to Ukraine and said, yeah, but your brothers and sisters down the street and you know in Alabama have a job because of it.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you want to talk about bringing jobs back to the United States. I mean, the war in Ukraine brought back the artillery shell manufacturing to the United States, where I mean we made them all along, but we ramped up production, like drastically, opening up a number of new facilities to do that. And a lot of Americans they don't understand that, you know, how foreign military sales in general work. And it is a little scary when you, you know, hear about it, because it does sound like a military industrial complex. But the larger point is that when we give this military aid to a foreign country Israel, Egypt, Ukraine, whatever, we're not just like giving them money, and we're not just sending them more material. We're basically giving them monopoly money and saying, hey, you have five billion dollars. You can spend it on whatever American defense you know, weaponry you want, and so that that money never even leaves the United States.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like star credit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it goes to the United States arms manufacturers in American jobs, as you point out, in the States, in the United States, and then that that war material is sent over to Israel, Egypt, Ukraine, wherever on is. So yeah, I mean it's important to understand.
Speaker 2: That, Hey, I got it, let me just let me switch topics, just because something was on my mind. That was that that was what came up last night in the President's address, and that's uh that obviously in an operation run by the intelligence community and with the help of the Pakistani government. Uh, it looks like we're going we're about to are extraditing one of the masterminds of the abby Gate bombing at h k I at Hamid Karsi Airport. If you remember, thirteen American Marines not all marases, sorry, and and and some other folks as well from I think Navy and uh uh and the army were killed in a suicide of bomb attempt. But so President Trump makes these remarks yesterday a couple of things on that, and then of course you see all this stuff on social media which I have to stop reading from from you know, from the FBI director, from CI director, et cetera, et cetera, from people around the Trump national security operat is saying this is Trump, he did this again. So we take an event which I support, of course, which is the apprehension and extradition of a terrorist, uh, and we fuck it up. And this is how because number one, this operation, a high value target operation takes months, if not years to Germany. It's intelligence driven. The agency was following this individual. It's been out in the press already. And when you know, when we finally get them on the X, we can do a couple of things. We can, you know, conduct a drone strike, calling the Jaysock brothers and sisters, or go to Pakistani leson for help. And they that's what we That's what they did. They went to the Pakistani's and they captured them. This has nothing to do with whoever's in power. And literally the you know, the Secretary of Defense and others were saying, this is a victory for Trump. We made this a priority to get the perpetrators of Abbey Gate. Once we got into power. And that is utter and complete bullshit because this operation has been going on for months and months, this was a high value target. Everything is intel driven, and to compound all that, then Trump's goes out and says, in the state of the Union, thanks to the government of Pakistan, who right now is having a fucking aneurysm, because if you understand Pakistani domestic politics, it goes like this will help you, but please don't tell anybody about this. So now we've screwed up a relationship that if we were trying to rebuild with Pakistan on CT which has always been strained, now it's kind of gone down the shitter. And it reminds me the Solomoni strike of several years ago. Righteous strike killed a really bad guy. But then Trump has to has to brag about it. So there's this inability of this and every administration is going to try to take credit, but in particular here saying that chest stumping, saying that this was a priority of Trump. That's just total bullshit. This is based on dogged work by the intelligence community, following a high value target for years and it finally comes to fruition. And I know this because this is what I did for a lit for years and years, and it doesn't matter who's in power. You got the guy in the X, figure out a way to bring him to justice, either kinetic strike, maybe put you know, you know, Jaysack on the ground, or you go to liaison for assistance. But they take they like taking curtain calls even when they don't. It's just it drives me crazy. No. Now, every president does.
Speaker 3: This, sure, but at the same time, like you could probably do it in a better way where you don't expose or kind of like expose your allies in terms of the people that helps you. Because Pakistan and the American's intelligence sharing has kind of been a tailor to fucking faces right for the last twenty years.
Speaker 2: Right, so so this this literally has been called the Trump Operation. I'm just like, oh my god. And it's you know anyway, so.
Speaker 1: That's that's there's like this interesting like desire for instant gratification right now.
Speaker 2: And people talk about, oh, he's.
Speaker 1: A businessman, and you know it's transactional, but transactional is not bad. You know, there's a give and take, Like Okay, I get that, but when you're really just looking for like short term successes, and victories that you can tout in the media. You're sacrificing the deferred gratification, the long term strategic successes.
Speaker 2: Especially when in South Asia right now with the rise of isis K and I'm sure you've had guests on talking about this. You know, ices K is probably the biggest threat to US interests at this point as a kind of classic old terrorist group not so old, but but we need that, We need all of our allies assistance because we have no you know, boots on the ground, We have no eyes or ears in Afghanistan anymore. And so the Pakistanis as much as I find them completely you know, irritating, as I was subject to multiple one hundred and seven millimeters rockets fired by the Government of Pakistan at my base in Afghanistan. I've talked to you about that story before. The Pakistanis and AQ were kind of shooting at us. But ultimately the pakistan Is a would be a an intelligence partner that's worth investing in again if we can in some fashion, but kind of thanking them globally, it's not something back in any government because domestically it's now now they're going to be on kind of under the gun anyway, that was just kind of something this morning with with all this kind of chest thumping that they're doing. And it's a great ct success the other But again, what I find this administration and think others are guilty to other administrations. But and I've criticized by the administration when they did stupid stuff like this, But the idea that somehow this is the the you know, the political masters kind of paking credit for this is ridiculous. I mean, there's a lot of work in the intelligence community and military that probably went into I'm sure went into this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm sure they've been looking into this since that day in August twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's not like you know so so the press reports were like, you know, CEI directors said on his first day, this is going to be a priority, except it was a priority on his you know, the day before he got there, because you know, conceivably my old colleagues have been working on this. Again, it's high value target operations don't just kind of come from the snap of a finger.
Speaker 3: He didn't walk into seven to eleven and somebody called the cops and they got him, right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like that's that's what it sounds like, because and so just you know again, it's just you kind of just.
Speaker 3: Something that's breaking right now, I guess in a response to the tariff stuff Chinese embassy. If war is what the US wants, be it a tara for a trade war or any other type of war, ready to fight to the end.
Speaker 2: Great if you're China, right, and you see.
Speaker 3: What's going on with Ukraine, and obviously there's a different relationship between a bit of a different relationship between Trump and she and Trump and putin. If you and you see that America is gonna probably invest in like our own US made manufact like chips, the chips that are like the high end chips.
Speaker 2: Well that's what he says.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, if you're Taiwana, you're China, are you? I'd be freaking out if I'm Taiwan and I'm licking my chops if I'm China if they were really serious about taking Taiwan.
Speaker 2: So Bill Burns, who is the CI director obviously before Ratcliffe said in a speech a couple of maybe a year or so ago that twenty twenty seven would be beent, would be when the US assessed China would be ready to invade, and I will tell you that we'll basically giving them a green light. You know, we are not going to stand by Taiwan as an ally, We're not going to put US lives at risk. And I think Trump again, we'll see this as some kind of weird transactional thing. Yeah, but if I were the Taiwanese, I'd be crapping my pants because and let me say alongside that, if we were to come to the aid of Taiwan in defense of Chinese invasion, we would have to have a significant US military build up. And right now they're cutting the Department of Defense. Now there's a whole other issue on that, you know, whether you believe in kind of a defense build up or not. But d D right now, I don't think is configured at a war against China and the defense budgets, uh, with this kind of cost cutting, this DOGE cost cutting, are not going to reflect that as well. But I think our allies would be very well served to look elsewhere. It pains me to say that. By the way, I'm getting text right now from a good friend of ours who should be on the show. Are you really Nick Mulroy's ship that's going on, so you know, what the hell he should be on with us right now. That's so funny. I think in the second when I get off here, I said, hey, we're just talking about you. Yeah, he texted me to the group chat tell them we are on air, mocking his absence being anyhow. Yeah, I mean, I guess you know. One of the things that you know, Jack, you know, for you to think about too, based on your you know, your experience in the military, is you know, what do you think? I'm curious, what do you think people in the seventy fifth Range Regiment, or in the Special or the Green Berets are thinking now about this kind of this abandonment of an ally because and I will say that more than likely, just like the officers of CI in the para military world, probably those in SF as well are generally pretty conservative. But I would think that they're bothered by us walking away from an ally, that they spent a lot of time with your What are your thoughts? Yeah, I can't say that I have my finger on the.
Speaker 1: Pulse necessarily, like across the board, but I think there's going to be a range of opinions. But probably the predominant one is going to be leaning towards your point, being upset about some of these partnerships dissolving that they put a lot of hard work into. Even if they are, you know, whatever their politics are, I mean, it's still you know, impacting their mission. So I think from purely a professional standpoint, some of them are going to have problems with what's going on.
Speaker 2: So think about this, Jack, All right, so you're still back in You're you're in the military. We've decided your career in journalism is done, and you're going back in the new chairman. You're the leading champfe You're leaving your Cafe Lattes in Brooklyn and your you know, your poetry readings and uh, and you're back in there. But on a serious note, if you were in an o DA right now, and let's say you are where I'm going to make this up, and you know, working with the Philippine government on their counterinsurgency, you know, at some point someone on the on the on the you know, one of our allies is going to say, hey, thanks for your assistance right now, but you know, can we count on you all because we're looking at what you did in Afghanistan, we're looking at you did in Ukraine? How can we And so the question for you would be what is your what is your response to that? And I just say that because you know, there's the there's the s F slash case officer model of you know, case officering or schmoozing your partner. But they're not stupid. Yeah, so you know, so how do you address that? Well, I mean I've seen.
Speaker 1: It and I've been in the room for it a number of times, including in the Philippines. Actually, and I mean the answer to the question is, I mean, you're going to give them the party line, which is the United States Government stands shoulder to shoulder with the Republic of the Philippines. We're in this together. We have the greatest commitment to this country. Blah blah blah blah blah. But as you point out, yeah, they're not stupid at all, and they're looking across the table at you like hmm okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so as a military professional, you're putting a very challenging position there where it's like you kind of like have to walk into the room and lie yeah at that point, and that's not a great feeling. I think for most soldiers to talk to an ally like that, but it exists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's you could say, hey, we're gonna be here until we're not. Everybody I saw that. I have a funny story. I was up in northern Iraq with the Kurds in two thousand and two, December of O two before the invasion, and I was obviously that you know, what is it now, twenty twenty five, So that was twenty three years ago. I was much younger and younger in my career, and I remember giving a senior Curtis official that rah rob bullshit us speech about promoting democracy, and literally he said stop. He said, we have been betrayed by everybody. He said, We've been betrayed by the Iranians, the Iraqis, you know, the Israelis, the United States, the French, everyone under the sun. So you go stop with the bullshit. And I said, okay, that was it. Because again, because our our Leison partners are smart and so perhaps one of the things that you know, uh, you know that that that notion of the bright, shining city on the hill, that kind of speech ain't gonna cut it anymore. And it's it's much more transactional. Hey, we're here to help you, help with you right now. I'm happy to do this. The problem is, of course, and what I what I'm sure you're seeing amongst the paramilitary crowd at CIA. Remember they have been with the Ukrainians since twenty fourteen. And then you know this, you've reported on this one. The one of my before I left as as ops chief over Europe and eur Asia is you know it was and that was before the Russian invasion, was you know, investing in this relationship. Uh and so, uh, there's going to be some pissed off you know, uh uh, you know paramilitary officers. I would imagine s F as well, just because it's impossible not to. If you make repeated trips over years to Ukraine, that means you break bread with these people. You know about their families, you know about people who've been killed, maybe their families have been raped and murdered, maybe they've had obviously they've had members their unit killed in action the Ukrainians. It's it's just a human reaction for US national security professional to get close to their liaison partner. And so I think there's gonna be some you know, just as as the Afghan wh's ro all traumatic. I think there's gonna be some pissed off people here now saying, well, hold on a second, I just spent ten years investing in this partnership. I know, Sergey or whoever, it is like, these are my brothers and sisters and and and the other thing is is the Ukraine wasn't Ukraine Russia wasn't David versus Goliath fight like this was. We talked about it last time. This was the moral clarity that we didn't have in the twenty year GUI, which went all sideways after a while. It was an actual just cause you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's interesting, there's a there is a smaller parallel. I mean, what's going on now is unprecedent that I think, but a smaller parallel would be during the Nixon administration. Nixon saw the CIA as part of the of the deep state, right like they're against me, and he made a bunch of cuts to CIA that actually came into effect during the Carter administration.
Speaker 2: And my point there is that there's like this sort of like story.
Speaker 1: There's some mystique around it, even about all these laid off CIA officers who went into the private sector and from there it was like the Wild West for the for these guys. And it's going to be interesting to see where this generation of you know, disenfranchised intelligence officers end up. I mean, some of them will end up working for the Europeans, the Australians, you know, things like that. Some of them might just go over to the other side. I mean, especially if that's our new national policy.
Speaker 3: Is that there was a report a few days ago saying that Russia and China are turning their eyes towards the people that have been let go to see if they could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course they are. Yeah, okay, so yeah, I mean think about it. So, first of all, one of the one of the you know, as someone else someone retort would be, well, well fuck those people if they're going to go spy for Russia or China, you know, they didn't deserve to be. Uh you know, they're they're not great Americans. But that's not how the intelligence business works. What I'm concerned about is the i'll call it the LinkedIn model, is that they will be commercially recruited now that the Chinese and the Russians are all over LinkedIn, and so someone who has just been let go from the US intelligence community with a TS clearance who has a mortgage and doesn't have healthcare is going to get it. It's getting an email and saying I'm going to do Bai based consultant and I would love your assistance on X, Y and Z. And it's totally done commercially, and people are going to bite at that. And and that's going to be the modus operandi of the Russians and the Chinese and going after our folks. It's not it's not you know, Vladimir from the Russian consulate city coming up to someone. It's a commercial recruitment and people are going to be desperate because you just are tossing out people with TS clearance, top secret clearances, who have bills to pay. I mean that One of the amazing things is when we advise other countries on stuff like this, on a purge of the security services, this is the exact thing we say, don't ever do. And this is of course is what we did in Rock with debatification. If you put you know, several thousand angry you know, former security service members out in the street, they're going to turn on you. And so I just think that there is a big counterintelligence concern. And it's not again, someone walking into a Russian embassy. It's someone responding to a commercial recruitment and they you know, and it's going to be over time, but they're going to get wooed by some Dubai based or Singapore based entity to end up providing intelligence that is. I mean that, you know, my former my friends in the FBI literally are writing these signal messages saying this is a problem right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit. A couple of things to look out for for tomorrow, I think March. I think it's tomorrow, March sixth. The European Parliament's going to vote on a big aid package eight hundred bill yep. So we will see if the Europeans do step up.
Speaker 2: Hopefully they do. The colass who is the EU foreign policy chief, she said, we need to have a new leader of the free world now America is no longer the leader. I mean that to me, these are devastating statements. Might not be wrong, I mean it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: See how you know that role right now for the time being is being filled by Zolensky. I mean yeah, yeah, this guy in Ukraine who he's standing up to both rushing in the United States at the same time.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's got some balls. The idea that he was supposed to apologize for that oval aful meeting, I think is so patently ludicrous. Again, I'm going to piss off a lot of people listen to this. But what I said on the air the other day is, you know, those who demanded an apology from Zelenski, those who are screaming at him for quote, disrespecting the president, which I think is ludicrous. I've seen the clip a million times. I think it was totally set up, and JD. Vance was acting like this little yappy terror terrier attack dog. Nothing against terriers for the dog loving of viewers. But but this, anyone who says that Zelensky must apologize, that is actually a tacit admission that our president is a petulant toddler who has to be handled with kid gloves. If you're the president of the United States and you have a far ahead of state, come they can have a frank discussion. Yeah, but but Trump is acting like a mafia. Don you know? His skin is paper thin too. It's paper thin. And so people who say, well, Zelensky mishandled this. Are actually admitting that Trump is a toddler who can't handle any type of criticism. I mean, it's it's it's to me, a great leader is someone who will sit there and have a discussion with someone and you're gonna have opposing views, and you say, and that whole exchange, even though it should never have been in public. The right retort would have been, you know, you know, President Zelenski, your passion is so admirable. You know, we'll continue this discussions later. Yeah, that's not happening from trump Man, right, But I'm saying, but but the fact that it can't be is an admission of his you know, narcissistic, sociopathic personality and again that he's a he's a toddler who just you know, you know, he cannot handle any type of criticism. So Lindsey Graham, the Senator, when he throws a fit afterwards in a press conference, saying, you know, Zelensky mishandled this. You're admitting he mishandled it because Trump is you know, it's is such a kind of this flawed individual.
Speaker 3: Well, Lency Graham's a mutant, like he he just goes to having the wing flows. You know, like a week before that, he was on stage with Zelenski praising him, right, yes, yeah, so you also Secretary of Rubio right after tweet like Trump did the right thing for America. Meanwhile, he looks like he's about to get a colonoscopy when he's sitting down on the in the Oval office.
Speaker 1: But that's what I was saying before about how I think this country is changing in some ways that people haven't really wrapped their heads around, and this like cult leader following is not a healthy direction.
Speaker 2: I mean again, it's it's it is amazing to me. You know, Marco Rubio has been someone who's been a champion of human rights. He's very well respected in the Senate. Obviously, you know Cuba is a huge priority for him. But if you if you are anti Cuban, you are just by definition ingrained in your freaking DNA anti Russian. Cuban Russia are the same thing. And the fact that he uh is kind of signed onto this. I mean there's an article in Vanity Fairy, yes yeah I saw it, which which talked aout Rubio is kind of upset about his lack of influence I mean, if he had honor, he'd resigned, everyone thought he wouldn't last a year. But he wants to be president. He wants to run for president, is what he wants. Well, I mean, it's just I mean, you know, these people have to be able to wake up and look at themselves and their children, you know, in the eye. But you know, but again, I was, you know, I've I have kind of this Jack, I know, you kind of like this stuff. I have friends in like in the Cuban exile community down down in Miami, who who you know. I was talking to them yesterday and uh, and they were big fans of Rubio and I'm like, well, hold on a second, what's happened to him? Like this is something that's not right here. He's supposed to be anti Cuban, that means anti Russian, and he's not signing on to that. So we'll see if if these these people who've kind of signed on to the cult ever kind of get a spine. But even you know, Mike Wall, same thing, former Green Beret. Just just you know, they've they're kind of bending the need to Trump and I find I've heard that Rubio and Waltz are both on the way out. They should be they should resign, I mean being fired. Yeah, yeah, I've heard those things too, but who knows. And you know, it's but but ultimately, you know, you have to be able to kind of look at yourself in the mirror. But this is, this is a cult, and this is this is a country that is now tilted completely to Moscow and that just is inconceivable. And that's why I said before that, you know, you said, what's the reaction inside the old the ic? I say, it's just it's disorienting. That's I mean, you know, what are we doing? And uh and the other the other part of this too, and I know we will probably kind of coming to the end right now. There isn't and I'm gonna I'm gonna be I'm gonna be kind of hammered for this. But there's no bureaucracy going on right now. Bureaucracy and national security at times is important. There's no National Security Council process and Jack and Dee, you know, you know the way this works is things come to to fruition at lower levels. You have meetings at the NSC. Then it goes up to the Deputies Committee, which is maybe you know, with deputies of different cabinet levels, or they are chaired by the National Security Advisor. Then there's a Principals Committee where the president might sit with the varied cabinets. None of this is happening now. These guys sit in the Oval and kind of they are totally winging it. And so you know, my friends and government were like literally the freezing US aid to Ukraine. People. All the national security reporters down the Pentagon who sit in the Pentagon said their Pentagon contacts didn't know. I mean, we're winging it. Yeah, So that that actually makes it challenging in the media because you don't even know what's happening half the time. There's no people to even tell you that things are going on because they're finding out literally real time. And that's not the way to do really smart, effective policy. You don't want a four hundred man with women NSC like President Obama. President Obama had, which is then stultifying, but you don't want nothing. And my you know, friends of mine who have been down to the White House recently and it is empty. The NFC is not staffed yet, the State Department's not staffed yet. We are winging foreign policy right now. Probably not a smart idea.
Speaker 3: Oh brother, I don't understand why I never feel good about the end of these shows. Every show we do no no, not with you, just to you, Mark, I'm saying like, even though once we do on the weekends with Mick and Andy and Jason, it's like, fuck, why about a feel good story?
Speaker 2: I guess there isn't one, Mark, where can they find you? Until I get kicked off. I'm still on Twitter at m Polymer. I've actually decided to go back onto Twitter full force because it's fun fighting with all the magaloons. But there are a couple of people that I kind of have normal dialogue with. I'm on Blue Sky as well, whatever the hell Blue Sky thing is, and then I'll be on you know, I'm on TV all the time I've been on I think I was on MSNBC fifteen times last month, but mostly on IT five. I'm way too early, which hey, I'm old, I get up now any early anyway, So Jack Murphy we to five. The link is in the description. Marks links are also in the description. Check them out.
Speaker 3: Mark's cooking something up to in the podcast world, So I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and get some merch.
Speaker 3: You know, Mark just said that I love Credible T shirt, So the link is in the description there. And the best way to support the show is Patreon dot com slash the Teamhouse. You get ad free episodes, both audio and video for both eyes On and the Teamhouse, so two for the price of one. If you join it at a ten dollars level, I myself.
Speaker 2: Will send you one of these patches at the ten dollars level. So support the show please. One good thing for you guys is that with uh this is not a good thing for America, but maybe for the show, is with flu of retirements and people getting fired, you're gonna have some new guests coming on. There's that. Yeah, yeah, I guess that's good. That's good. Thanks. I always I will always keep referring people over to you, so appreciate that. Mark,