Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera and Jay Gonzalez on Fox Sports fourteen fifty powered by Nova Insurance Services and Sure Your Most Prized Possessions kat z R two SAD at iHeartRadio Station at.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about today.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have Troy on who give us latest updates on whatever he knows and what's going on with the team. Never say this. We have a guy who we think the world of David Kelly. Did you see his question? Now, here's question to to and it's kind of been kind of controversial on Twitter by a certain person to Brett David Kelly. David Kelly asked coach Brennan, and I don't we don't go to the press coming, so we're not gonna criticize because we're not asking our own question. So he asked, yes, Coach Brennan, uh, your team one by twelve, your favorite by three five? Saw you celebrating in the middle of the bare down. What was up with that?
Speaker 2: He asked? The probably better than that.
Speaker 3: Yes, your vote, your eyes and your your your ears kind of are telling me exactly what you feel.
Speaker 2: It was an odd question. It's like so so.
Speaker 4: David Kelly saying because you didn't beat him by enough, you shouldn't be happy.
Speaker 3: That's what it sounded like. That's what I sound and I respect the hell out of David Kelly. He's one of our colleagues, is one of my friends, our friends, he's been with us a number of times.
Speaker 2: But that was it was. I didn't hear the question until I.
Speaker 3: Sat on Twitter, where that's kind of how it came off, and then they showed the Twitter he was having fun. I shouldn't apologie if I if I win, if I win, I'm winning exactly. You've been into a bad, bad, bad defeated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well why why why should Brent Brennan not celebrate winning a game?
Speaker 2: All Right?
Speaker 4: I will always in that, you know, in that conversation, I will always, always, always, always go back to the time that that TV reporter asked Dick Tomy or said to Dick Tony about a win over Oregon, it wasn't pretty, but it win's a win.
Speaker 2: Right, He grabbed the microphone.
Speaker 4: He grabbed the microphone from him and yelled at him and told him how hard it is to win a football game, and then gave him back his microphone and said start over rephrase the question, reprase the question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember, and this happened to maybe me. I don't know what's happened to Bruce a time or two with Kevin O'Neill, and he went off with that. Uh, I get it, I get it. But apology is not here. You know, Brennan does not have to he doesn't have to pologize.
Speaker 2: Very much.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean, you know, yeah, I'm not going to criticize David for asking the question. I wouldn't ask the same question exactly. Guys can ask whatever they want to ask. But if Brent says, f you to that question, I don't have a problem with that either. I I don't because why why for after all that Arizona's been through, Why is it?
Speaker 2: Why are we going to be.
Speaker 4: Now taking knits about what they should be doing after a win?
Speaker 2: Right? Right? That'll be for later. That'll be for later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I just how good do you feel? We talked about yesterday? We talked to that a lot about it yesterday, wet Troy again here in the first hour. But how do how good you feel about Friday night?
Speaker 4: I don't feel honestly, I swear to God, this is true, I don't feel any different than I did before Saturday.
Speaker 2: Or over the last two weeks.
Speaker 4: Right, I don't feel any different because just because Steve, these games are games where they're trying to figure themselves out.
Speaker 2: Right, They're doing things, they're trying things.
Speaker 4: You know, maybe they didn't run some stuff Saturday night that they might have had to run if they thought they were in danger of losing the game. Injury and and right, there were guys playing out a position. And I get Brent Brandon's question answer to his question when they before the first game, when he was asked, you know, are you got are you going to hold stuff back? And he said, we're gonna call the players we need to call to win the game. And maybe that's what he did. That's a they as it relates to Saturday night, maybe they did hold some stuff back because they called the plays to win the game.
Speaker 2: Guess what, they won the game, So who knows.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't feel any different because they're because they did win the two games, and that's what you expected.
Speaker 2: Have they looked as dominating as you wanted them to look.
Speaker 4: Well, their offense sure did on in the first game, and the defense was pretty and I think part of why people didn't like what happened Saturday was just the offense, because the defense did its job right. They held the opponent to ten points, and they got those ten points in the first half, and they shut them down the rest of the game.
Speaker 2: That's what a good defense does.
Speaker 4: It's just the offense didn't put another sixty one points on the board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, no, good, I agree with you. They didn't look so good in the first half. They they did what they did. They had to win. Yeah, they won the game. Okay, good, good. So I was like, we're back. We hope that everybody's listening to us live here.
Speaker 2: Ran Well, we've got some technical things to Ryan.
Speaker 4: We don't have a clock over here, so you've got to give us a ten second or thirty second countdown or something like give us a thirty all right, Well, we got thirty seconds to go off the air and then give us a countdown so that we know when we again, this is our first day, first day here, we're trying to figure things out. So yeah, we're sorry if we were late or not late, but we were on the air. We just couldn't get everything on the same page. It looks like we're on the page now. We're talking a little about offic see the big game on Friday, and I want to say it's bigger.
Speaker 2: Kansas State's fourteen. Are they that high?
Speaker 3: Or I think they're our twenty and it'll be two right teams, even though it is.
Speaker 4: Two ranked teams and there aren't a lot of those games. There aren't a lot of those games this weekend. Arizona is twenty, right, So I'm looking at up right now Kansas State. Yes, Kansas State's fourteen, Arizona is twenty.
Speaker 3: I think the last time two ranked teams with Arizona, it's been a while, in a while, I think, well Elmible, yeah, but regular season, regular it's been a while.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Was Utahon rank by the time Arizona played him last year?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know, but that was that was a surprise game November twenty three.
Speaker 4: Again, you know, let's let's get to this game. I know we keep saying get to the next game, get but really, I mean we've said all along, what were we going to find out about Arizona In the first.
Speaker 3: Two game again, we got about to what ten seconds maybe ten seconds Okay, we're going.
Speaker 2: To take a break. Come back with Troy.
Speaker 3: See what he says about the situation going on with the team, maybe what he's hearing from his message boards and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: On the other side.
Speaker 5: Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instack cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for ready to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect with type, color and style, and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the window deepot dot com. The Window Depo more than a windows store.
Speaker 3: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock and Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. We'll call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 2: Where do you buy exercise equipments Arizona.
Speaker 6: Health Arizona Health, Arizona Health. Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals, your health and fitness to serve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty second, just west of Wilmot Ward.
Speaker 7: Season for summer sports leagues and time to look at trophies for baseball, softball, volleyball, and swimming seasons for youth and adult leagues. Summer has arrived and it's time to replenish your promotional products for your companies. Giveaways keep your employees looking great in fresh new apparel, polos and caps with your sharp looking logo. Creative Awards is here to serve your professional and promotional products needs. Visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight Westtrackman Street or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 8: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs, whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or call five two oh six eight five six two six Today n MLS three h eight seven, arizon A BKO, NINEZ two nine pot two Equal Housing Opportunity, how to commitment to Lyndrix in credit rates and available loan programs subject to change.
Speaker 9: The Unumbice Sports cards at Memorabilia are setting record sales last month of nineteen fifty two tops Mickey Mental So for twelve point six million, Lebron James Rookie SO for five points six Also, collecting cards is a family fun hobby that can be very profitable. If you want to start a collection or expand your collection, check out Showtime Cards. They are one of the leading card shops in the country and have served our local community for twenty five years. They are located on e Speedway That's Showtime Cards.
Speaker 10: Ready to save but not sure where to begin? Take the Pyramid Federal Credit Union ten thousand dollars saving Challenge and we'll guide you along the way. Save five hundred dollars over six months as a member and you could win big. Watch your savings grow to help you reach goals like buying a car, owning a home and more. Visit Pyramid FCU dot com Slash ten k challenge to get started today. Been really insured and CUA?
Speaker 11: Got bugs, termiteesweeze or rodents. Arizona Pest Control We'll hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management Specialists can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents. Serving Tucson and southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azypest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 3: Selling your home want to get more money for it? Will Danny Roth can help you? He told me about as you Flip the Home You Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Omni Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home, called Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand.
Speaker 1: Breaking down all the exes at all. It's Steve Rivera and Jagin Salvid. This is I on the ball Fox Sports fourteen.
Speaker 3: Fifty tre Hey, welcome back to the ball here Fox Sports Sure, jackins a stick stick comes here.
Speaker 4: Next, I'm not hearing you from here. After the headphones, I'm go ahead and say something hello, Okay, okay, you the music still Yeah, the music was going.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Thanks for hanging in with us, guys. We're still in the new We just got into the new studio. For the first ten minutes, you may not have heard anything, but now we're trying to get a hold of Troy Hutchinson.
Speaker 2: Uh, Hutchison Hutchison.
Speaker 12: And see yeah, can you hear.
Speaker 3: Me Italia, Troy, thanks for joining us. Uh, we have a lot to talk about any word on the new on the return of the Stark Running Back.
Speaker 13: You know, right now, they're still leading that up.
Speaker 12: To it's going to be a game time decision. They're looking into details as to what exactly is going on. But anytime there's eligibility questions that come to light, the smart thing to do is to not play the player and that way you're not you know, having any games taken away later on down the road, Troy, do we even know.
Speaker 4: What it is, what the issue is or might be, or you know, does it have to do with the fact that he was basically at three different schools you know, this last year.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's going on with it? Do we know?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 12: You know, they haven't made clear exactly what the eligibility issue is. But it was well documented that j. Cory Krofsky Merit had some eligibility questions in terms of he had eligibility or not when he went to Old Miss and when he was being recruited by Arizona. I think that was Texas A and them that brought those to light. Arizona did their research, they felt like he was all good to go, so they.
Speaker 13: Brought him in and.
Speaker 12: We're able to flip him from Ole Miss and now it seems like maybe that's possibility of those type of things coming back, But no official word as to what those issues are per se.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, you've been to a lot of the practices when you're allowed to, You've covered the team on the daily basis any any we'll go to the good side on the bad side, But right now we'll go to concerns. You were at the game Saturday, you saw what are your maybe top three concerns.
Speaker 12: I think number one is the offensive line, and you know, we talked about it a lot during the off season and going into training campus if they are healthy, that this offense line was going to be a really good unit for Arizona. But you saw the lack of death last Saturday, when Josh Baker isn't in there, when Ryan, when Rhino isn't in there, and they kind of kind of have to move Ryan Stewart on the outside to left tackle. There's just not a lot of capable bodies right now for Arizona with a guy like Michael Wooten who has been injured the last couple of weeks, not being able to participate, and you're throwing in a guy like Matthew Matthew Lado who is a true freshman. So if the five starters aren't able to go, there are issues for Arizona's offensive line and you saw that with no Facida really being pressured throughout the whole entire game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he got he got chased around all night long. And as you said, you know, we knew this going in. So do they have time to fix this? I mean, what you know, who's who, who's going to be available this weekend? I mean this is going to be a lot harder game than NAU. So what do they have And is that a concern going into into this game with Kansas State?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, they obviously do not talk about injuries at Arizona, but Josh Baker, we did see him on the sideline and warming up with the team against NAU he just wasn't able to go. So I would be under the impression that he probably will be able to go against Kansas.
Speaker 13: State, given that it seemed like a minor injury U.
Speaker 12: That kind of plagued him throughout training camp in spring practice as well. But who knows the severity of that. But if he's able to go, I think that's going to be one of.
Speaker 13: The key pieces Arizona needs to get back.
Speaker 12: No offense degrations soleball. But he doesn't have the experience that a Josh Baker does with this unit on the offensive line, where you had that veteran at center kind of pointing everything now, pointing out the blitz packages, pointing out the cover schemes and whatnot. When you take that away, you saw a play out the communication is array and you have a situation where you have four guys blocking one defender. I think it was Michael Leed that tweeted out that photo layer's going to have four guys on one defender because the communication just isn't there. If you're able to get Josh Baker back, even if Rhino isn't able to go, the communication is going to be better. Everybody's going to be put in the right position, and that can go a long way.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk about the centerpiece. Obviously he was not the centerpiece on Saturday night. How are they going to refine that?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, I think you just have to get a little bit more creative of.
Speaker 13: Getting them the football.
Speaker 12: And then again, you know Arizona was trying to distribute the ball and no if you made it a point of wanting to get the ball two different guys outside of Tetorol McMillan. But you know, two catches for eleven yards after posting three hundred yards is somewhat concerning if you're just a fan on the outside looking in. But you know, you also have to take into account that they are playing in Au, you have Kansas State coming up, and how much of the offense or even route running schemes and concepts do you want to give up ahead of the Kansas State game? How how how much simple are you going to make the offense? How how simplified is it going to be for NAU And I think it's a combination of that and just not just having a good day Saturday night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so well, and I am my thinking too was that, I you know, I'm sitting in the seat, so I'm watching this as a fan, and you know how much analysis can do it, but it'll looked to me, I just had this feeling that they were trying too hard not to throw the ball to McMillan all the time. Right, they come out, first play of the game, they throw him a pass, and then they didn't throw it to him again until they forced a couple. They threw a defade pattern, they threw that one pass that got tipped in intercepted. It just didn't look like it looked like they were trying hard to get the other guys involved to the to the point of their offense became ineffective because they weren't throwing him the ball. And and then on top of that, Fafidos running for his life from the outset, you know, the whole night, and so they didn't block for him, so he didn't have time to look for h That's how I saw it, sitting in the seats as a fan.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, I think that's a very good take, because they were trying to get other players the ball, and he even said after the New Mexico game that he wanted to do a better job of that and that was on him during that game. But I think at the end of the day, when you're under for most of the game, it is hard to scan the field. I think there were times where he was open and they just weren't able to get him the football given that somebody was in Faciita space. So if you're able to get the offensive line situation hanned out and figured out for Kansas State, I think you're going to see a much more cohesive offense for Arizona.
Speaker 4: All right, So where did Kendrick Muscone come from? I mean, not literally, I know he came from Mississippi, But was he kind of not out of nowhere kind of guy. Did you guys see much of him during preseason camp?
Speaker 12: Yeah? You know, during camp they were able to rotate the running back corps and we did see a lot of him and he showed a lot of good things there. But you know, he's the guy that was a four star recruit coming out of high school. Didn't play much, I think, at all on offense at Mississippi. Only saw time on special teams, So there wasn't a lot that people knew about him in terms of the college level, but obviously a big, physical, bruising back that has the ability to burst one if he gets leverage on a defense. And you saw that against ANAU. Just a very complete back, very physical and bulky as hell. So they got really they got something special there, because when you lose a guy like j Cory krossky merrit and again his eligibility is up in the air, we don't know how that's gonna go Friday night. To have the ability to go to quality Conley and Risano, that's massive because I think in years past, once you go through that number one back not being available and the number two back having to carry the load, you don't really have that number two back in that situation as years past, not last season, but previous years to that. So being able to be that deep as massive, and it really helps, you know, Baber's in the offense kind of you know, settle things down for no fa fida and everybody else.
Speaker 3: So I'm not gonna ask you to be a homer or otherwise. You know, we have two homers in the one and I'm the other guy. But but how how confident are you and I ask just earlier. I'm not sure if anybody heard it in the year, but are you about them competing on Friday? Are doing well enough to compete?
Speaker 12: I think they're going to be very competitive in the game. I think it's going to be a close game. Yes, there's gonna had a lot of issues, but so did Kansas State. And I know Tulane is a completely different animal compared to NAU, but Kansas State's pass defense was horrible. I mean absolutely putrid. I mean, Delane was able to get whatever it wanted in the passing game and no offense to Tulane receivers. But I don't think they'd have a Tetoro and McMillian out there on the football field. It looked very soft. And luckily for Kansas State, their running game got going and you know they're running back. DJ Giddings was very good in that game. I think he had one hundred and seventy seven yards and a touchdown. They were kind of able to control the clock in the second half and put up points. So I think there are a lot of defensive issues for Kansas State, especially in the secondary, that Arizona can take advantage of well.
Speaker 4: And again, you know are Kansas State fans complaining about the fact that they didn't beat De Lane by enough?
Speaker 2: You know, thats just guess what.
Speaker 4: They're two and zero as well, and they're ranked Arizona's ranked. It's going to be a nice game on Saturday. It's certainly going to be fun. And this is, as I said, this is where we start to find out what Arizona really might be. And if you're if you're thinking, or if you're thinking that Arizona should be any better than two and two, then you need to really rethink your thinking, because they might be more better than two and two. They can be better than two and two, but I think the more likely, the bigger likelihood, is that they will.
Speaker 2: Be two and two.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think two and two or three and one, three and one being probably the best case scenario coming out of this two game stretch. But for Arizona, people have to keep in mind after Kim say, you do have that bye week before Utah, which I think will be critical in terms of getting guys healthy, getting something shirt up. And meanwhile Utah is playing Oklahoma State. So it's going to be an interesting three weeks for Arizona. But that three and one market. They can get to that, they're going to be sitting pretty going into the biginning.
Speaker 2: They get to that I'm winning my over eight wins, a lot of people will be happy. So we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Troy hutchessy Cats dot Com.
Speaker 2: Wait, Troy, you say it for.
Speaker 12: Us, Troy hutches whatever that damn thing is?
Speaker 3: I yeah, do you have I don't even know this, and I should know this because I was with you guys for a while.
Speaker 2: Uh the fan boards? Do you listen? Do you have one of those?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, we have much boards covering Arizona football and basketball as well.
Speaker 2: So what's the what's the overlying team? Is there going? Are they going crazy?
Speaker 12: I think one of the main things is concerned with the offense. I think defensively, everybody thinks that, you know, Joyne A Kina is going to figure it out and just give him some time to be the head guy as a defense.
Speaker 13: Coordinator and they'll be fine.
Speaker 12: But offensively, I know there's a lot of concerned When Arizona brought in coach Dino Babers, given that Syracuse offense over the years was very up and down, fans wanted other guys. I forget the names off the top of my head right now. But I think one thing to keep in mind is that at Syracuse you're not getting the same type of offensive weapons or skill set guys that you can get out in Arizona. Given that you're close to Texas, Hawaii, California, where you know northeast, there's not a lot of offensive talent out there in those high schools. So I think it's going to be something similar to when Dino Babers was a wide receiver coach at Beeler or when he was at Texas A and M. I think that's going to be the Deno Babers we see here at Arizona.
Speaker 4: Look, Dino Babers is a really good coach, and I think one of the things that maybe is not being considered enough is that regardless of how talented you are, these guys are all new to each other and and you know there's some break in time, and you know there's still in that break in time, regardless of how experience all of the coaches are, regardless of how experienced the players are, how good they are, there's break in time. And that's what I feel that that's what they're going through. That's why I'm not. Look, I've said before, I was not happy with with what it looked like on Saturday night. But again I got out of the stadium and I'm like, well, they're going two. I mean, they're two and zero. So people just got to relax about this and figure it out. It'll it'll be I'm not going to say we know one hundred percent it's going to be fine, because maybe they maybe they aren't as good as we thought they were going to be, and maybe maybe there's some issues, but there are other things going on.
Speaker 2: As you talked about the issues on the offensive line. I mean, that's a big deal, very much so.
Speaker 12: And you know, it kind of reminds me this in a U game this last week reminds me of twenty fourteen. I was going to finish I believe ten and three and lost in the Piesta Bowl. They went on the road to Utosa and struggled in that game and it was an ugly game. I think they won twenty to seventeen something.
Speaker 2: Like that to get a pick.
Speaker 12: Very next week they yeah, and the very next week they beat number two Oregon in Austin Stadium. So you're working out a lot of kinks during the non conference. You know, people call it the non conference, but in reality, when you look at it from a football standpoint, it's kind of like a preseason. The regular season is your conference season, and these three games are to work out kinks and get things straight and ironed out and ready to go for that nine game conference schedule stretch.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, that again, and that's what That's what I'm seeing. I just feel like everybody needs to just give it time. That happened to have no choice. I want to ask you, Jab if the fan is coming out on you or just you're the no.
Speaker 2: I think. I think the rational reasonable person.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Ryan, you ever heard of that. This is the person I've ever heard of, a rational reasonable just.
Speaker 4: The the you know, big thinker, right kind of the analytic means.
Speaker 3: Roy, are you just still are? Did you fall and tell off your chair?
Speaker 13: I heard him.
Speaker 12: I get what he's saying. I get what he's saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, good, good well, Troy. We appreciate your time, thanks a bunch, and going to the game. Are you going to Manhattan?
Speaker 12: I am not going to Manhattan, but I am possibly going to Salt Lake City that is still up in the air, but hopefully going to make it out to Salt Lake City for Arizona Utah.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, well we'll talk to you. We'll see you soon.
Speaker 12: Have a good one, guys area.
Speaker 2: Thank you Troy from Go Easy Cat. Yeah, and I'm going to and rationally reasonable Jay is going to stay for the rest of this show.
Speaker 3: Holy, I want to meet that guy. I get to get to know him. After five years, I get to know that guy know him. Yeah, all right, okay, this you ready to go to break. Let's try to do this well. If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for newly forty. Now take a look back at the Ludelsen era in my new book, Lessons from Loot. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Lout is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. What one email me at Steve dot Rivera ninety five at gmail dot com Hi.
Speaker 14: This is formal Wildcat Lemanhnely with Arizona Health imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your tie. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space.
Speaker 2: In your life.
Speaker 14: We off a complete line of cardio machines, multi gyms and freeway equipment. I'll certified fitness experts and technicians will set you up with the right equipment and training to get you started to keep you going. Visit our share room today at twenty second in Wilmot. Arizona Health the lead to edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 7: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. Peama Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial aid available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PIMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you.
Speaker 2: Learn how at Pima dot edu. Slash Someday.
Speaker 3: Thank youson Steve rivera heir and I've got a tip for you want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmund Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance. With the Edmund Marcus All State Agency, You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven to nineteen North Tempble or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera and Jay Gonzalez Son Fox Sports fourteen fifteen. Subscribe now to the podcast on the iHeart Rate, just Surgery on the Ball.
Speaker 3: And welcome back to I on the Ball. We're here on Fox fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera, He's jagins Awas and today is Ryan doing a great job.
Speaker 2: Ryan, Thank you very much for this new studio.
Speaker 4: And running this show. Ryan, nothing's broken. We have no idea what hell is going on over Tony. Just keep those training wheels right there.
Speaker 2: I like to set up. It is nice. It's very nice.
Speaker 3: This looks like get comfortable. Yeah, I mean we look like professionals, Tony. I'm not good with change, but here we are.
Speaker 4: Look, we're we're doing okay. Once we got on the air, everything's gone just fine. And again Ryan capably running this board that it looks a little scary, but it's not that much different. The phones are being a little different. So if you you can call in, yeah, we can take your calls five two zero, four, one, six, seventy four to forty. We'll try and answer the calls. Right, Troy got it, Troy got answered.
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so far, so good, Tony, thank you very much. The next hour, if you didn't hear our guests, we're gonna have George Kelly, Empire football coach seven and zero in the last few games from last year.
Speaker 2: Very good team.
Speaker 3: Uh, going one of those veil teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what's going on in Micah, Mountain, Sienega and now Empire.
Speaker 3: Right, right, So we'll talk about that because it's a growing area. You're kind of in that area, but not really not really. You're about far for me. Yeah, you're on the east side.
Speaker 2: That's far from me. Yeah, so we'll talk about what's going on over there.
Speaker 4: I'm technically in the Sabino School district. Okay you never left that area either, No, I'm just still there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, we'll talk more, and so if you want to call again, Like like J said, five to four, we've talked a lot about Arizona football to this point.
Speaker 4: The point spreads bumped to seven and a half. Now, right, wasn't it seven during the show yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yes, well, it was started in the summer nine, it was a nine, dropped to six and a half.
Speaker 4: Now it went to seven, and now it's about it's bounced back up to seven and then Kansas State by seven and a half.
Speaker 3: I'm not touching it. You're probably not touching it, you know. But if I was touching it, well, I'm not kim because I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: A bad thing that happens to me is that I'm sitting at the tailgate and you know, think, and I get all fired up for the game and then I want to throw it down on it. But you know, we're gonna be on We're gonna be on the air in the two hours before the game, right, our show ends a couple of minutes before before the game starts. So you know, I'll be listening to the first in the car.
Speaker 2: Stick with us.
Speaker 3: If you don't want to listen to that pregrowing show, you can listen to us. Have plenty to talk about that day, exactly. Yeah, about the game.
Speaker 2: Try and get a couple of good guests in here who can analyze some stuff like we're gonna have to get the Kansas State guy Thursday, right because yeah, you'll be you'll be getting ready to start start the game. He's not gonna want to be talking to us. Well on Thursday. We'll get him on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay again George Kelly on the other side of this next hour.
Speaker 2: For the next game. So we need a hand signal Ryan if somebody calls us or something like that.
Speaker 12: So just.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess it does, doesn't it. I don't know, No, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's going to tell me that there's a a collar coming in. We have a nice red dump button right there in front of you, Steve, he's in charge of the dump butt.
Speaker 2: I no, I don't. I don't. He's got the dump button. So it's a it's it's much bigger than just I'm a little just intimidated.
Speaker 4: But it'll get to yeah, we'll be comfortably be fine.
Speaker 2: But uh again, you know, going back.
Speaker 4: And I know we were going to beat the hell out of this dead horse, but you know, this game is just a game that we finally start to find out, you know, where Arizona is, and I think we'll learn a lot about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what do you know? Now? We don't know?
Speaker 4: That's right, Well, that's what I'm saying, you know, was what what was what happened with the offense and team at last Saturday?
Speaker 2: And aberration didn't then a you figure something out?
Speaker 4: Did they not try to show very much you know with him after all that he did? Because really on on in the first game, you know, you're trying out some things and they just all happened to work. Right now, you know, you showed that to to everybody who's gonna look at your film. You gotta do some different things and maybe they again, maybe they just did call the plays they needed to call to win.
Speaker 3: So yesterday year you you admitted that you spent a lot of time watching team at great his body always going back and forth, and you're okay with all that. So I found myself looking at uh at u zero God my justin flow, justin flow. I just had his name and I just faced it. Uh, he's a crazy man. Is not special teams is not. He's going and just trying to burrow everybody, anybody and anybody he can.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: The thing is that kicking it.
Speaker 3: Out of the end so and have a chester. But he's he's not a pretty good description. Yeah, yeah, he's out there, sa crazy guy. He wants to play obviously, and then he gets that penalty on the the kickoff or the past punt.
Speaker 2: Wherever getting Oh he ran over he ran over the receiver. Yeah, called a fair catch and he ran him over, right, That was like that.
Speaker 3: And the first thing I'm thinking with the guy, I was watching the game with him, thinking, and that's why he doesn't play. And he has all that ability or he has that ability I'll say ability.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he has a ton of ability.
Speaker 13: He just.
Speaker 4: I guess that the way you put it, he's a lot of control, a little or a lot of out of control.
Speaker 2: A lot out of control. Yeah, they just got And how do you contail that? You don't?
Speaker 4: I don't know because if you if you could tail it, then you lose, you lose, you lose him overall, right, So maybe that's that's why he's on special team because's running around with his hair on fire. And but you again, occasionally he's gonna he's gonna do what he did Saturday night, and he's going to take out a receiver who caught a fair, fair catch on a punt and it's a fifteen yard penalty right now. He didn't hit him hard, but he just didn't stop and he ran him and he ran him over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, no, And that's the one thing that he needs to figure it out.
Speaker 4: We got a call. Okay, we're on the air, right, you're on there and on the ball. Hello, maybe not do we have his mic on? We're so all right obviously figuring this out. Hello, are you there?
Speaker 3: No, Tony, if you can hear us, Tony, come on in. But he's still there, Tell him to hang on. We'll get to Yeah, go ahead and talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gotta yeah, we gotta figure this out. So, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna try and instruct you from here because you the last one with Troy called in, So stand by if you're if you're on if you're on the phone, stand by, we'll get this figured out.
Speaker 2: We're going to take your calls.
Speaker 4: But you know, getting back to to justin flow, I think that what what's what's happened? Is he uh, you know, he's got to he's got to figure that out.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. Maybe this is who he's going to be. Okay, now are you on the air?
Speaker 15: I'm still here.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 12: Test test one too, man, George.
Speaker 3: George, thanks man, thanks for calling in. You're one of the first ones to do that.
Speaker 15: Thanks with your thoughts, right, I just wanted to be I wanted to be one of the first ones.
Speaker 2: There you go, man, we got to It took a while, but we got figuring this out. So how's it going? Given? Tell tell us what's on your mind? God?
Speaker 15: Uh, what do you guys think about us being too?
Speaker 12: And oh?
Speaker 15: I mean, I know you guys didn't like the way it happened.
Speaker 12: But then I also want to.
Speaker 13: Talk about.
Speaker 12: You know, but okay, let's let me let's let's let's go there first.
Speaker 2: First, did you George did listen to us yesterday?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: I guess okay, So we talked a little about that yesterday, trying to get some rulings on what happened through the cops view, right, did you see the research of the videos? No, it was not good. They pulled them out. They pulled them out physically. It didn't look good for both ends. We'll find out who was right. George, what did you see?
Speaker 12: Well, what I thought is what he said.
Speaker 15: Okay, so from what I heard, I mean, you know, I'm listening to guys like you on the radio, and from what I heard is Tyreek said to the cops, Hey, I don't want to like, I don't want to make people famous from letting them take my picture through my window.
Speaker 13: So here's my so, here's my ID.
Speaker 15: Just give me the just please give me the ticket and I'll go away. And that's when the cops started saying, no, you need to roll down your window, and Tyreek's like, no, I don't want to make those people famous. But if you're driving a four hundred million dollars or four hundred thousand dollars McLaren like, okay, you don't want to be famous, but you don't I mean, I mean like, I mean, like, just so then drive a Pinto.
Speaker 2: Or something, you know, what I mean that I had one. I had actually that's why had a man. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: You know, like you can't say you don't want to be in the limelight car.
Speaker 3: So George, knowing what you know, not that this is public opinion, but your opinion, where do you lean?
Speaker 15: I lean that they're that that all of them.
Speaker 16: Are sort of Uh that's what I say, because what he's doing is he's he's being obnoxious by saying, hey, leave me alone.
Speaker 15: I don't want to be in.
Speaker 2: The public eye.
Speaker 15: That's what he told the cops, and the cops said, you're driving that kind of car in the public eye.
Speaker 2: I don't care about your public Yeah.
Speaker 15: Like yeah, so like, uh, Jay, you drive a Lexus, trust me, I listened to the show.
Speaker 12: Yeah you know what I mean, Like, hey, you want.
Speaker 15: To drive a Lexus, people are going to look you know what I mean. So like like if you like, if you want to be that, well then you got then you're that Like you want you want to race the guy from the Olympics, Well then yeah, you're trying to be in the public eye.
Speaker 12: But then when you when.
Speaker 15: The public eye comes to you, then you're upset.
Speaker 12: Well that doesn't that doesn't count.
Speaker 15: You can't do that.
Speaker 4: It looks I think, Yeah, I think to me, it's one of those things. It's going to turn out that there's fault on both sides. Yeah, they both escalated this thing in got it became way much more than needed to be.
Speaker 2: And you know, you just hope it goes away. You know, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I hope it goes away. And I'm not a I'm not a anti copping anyway, and I'm also not an anti athlete. You know, I'm listening to sports talk radio. Yeah, man, I just wanted to call and say hello and just give a little take on whatever that was. Well, thanks, I'm happy for you guys, and.
Speaker 13: You in your new uh your new digs.
Speaker 3: Thanks George, like you were the first. Thank you appreciate it, man, And it took a little while, but the first.
Speaker 12: Have a good dick, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think there's more to come obviously with Yeah, I think both sides are going to be I think the cops gonna be in trouble. Uh.
Speaker 2: The coach.
Speaker 3: The coach had like a five minute little diatribe of you know, we don't know what it is to be black or he does not know what to be black.
Speaker 4: So there right, and you know, and I was listening to conversation that Dan Patrick was having on this this morning, and he was talking about some of his former colleagues at at ESPN. You know, a guy like John Saunders, you know, African American guy who was you know, uh, one of one of their anchors and then one of their producers, both of them who drove very nice cars. They worked late at night, and they were always concerned about getting pulled over because they were black guys in nice cars.
Speaker 2: And they called it d.
Speaker 4: W B and that they had concerns about that, that they were afraid about getting pulled over because because they were driving these nice cars. And then how often were they getting pulled over just because they were black guys in a nice car. Whether whether you like it or not, that's a thing now, you know the the But then on the flip side of that, if you are African American and you do get pulled over, what do you do? You know, how much trust do you have? And if you you know, how much do you comply? Did you comply? You know, you know there's things that you're worried about.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: We could go and open up a can of worms on this, and I really don't want to the problem. The issue is that we don't know, Steve, you don't know. I don't know what it's like to be Tyreek Hill in the three. I think I heard the cars worth three hundred and thirty thousand dollars and you get pulled over by some cops like that.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm very naive to that car. I don't even know what the heck it was three hundred and three. I need that for my retirement.
Speaker 4: Were driving that car? Yeah, just give me the car and I'll sell it. I'm good for I'm good for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: I'll see before Yeah, you won't see me for a few years.
Speaker 4: Wow, all right, we gotta we got to head out. Uh we were at the top of our hour. We're gonna come back. Uh, what's Ryan. Ryan's gonna have some breaking news. There's lots of it, some new stuff on a quarterback that's been in trouble before, and so we'll we'll get into that a little bit.
Speaker 2: So ready, Yeah, all right, let's take our break. We'll be right back