Speaker 1: As the United States Senate comes back from its summer recess, it's going to take up a piece of federal legislation called the Clarity Act. And according to Senator Elizabeth Warren, quote, that legislation does nothing to prevent Trump from vacuuming up his next $ 1. 4 billion in crypto profits.
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Because the ethics language in that proposed legislation is weak sauce and dead on arrival.
Speaker 2: So it is a.
Speaker 1: I guess, latest round of a spate of federal legislation that attempts to regulate cryptocurrency. And I'll bet you, not any crypto, that if you were to go and you were to test the basic knowledge of members of Congress as to what cryptocurrency is and why it should be regulated, a lot of them would have.
Speaker 2: No idea what the hell you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Which is why the latest film and the directorial debut of my friend Ben McKenzie's movie, Everyone is Lying to You for Money, is so important and why it is must see viewing for you. Ben has taken up the laboring oar of educating the public about the dangers of cryptocurrency. He's gone so far as to be invited to testify in front of the Senate to be able to explain why we are rolling the dice in an incredibly dangerous way in an industry that is currently bereft of regulation, let alone a basic understanding of what it is. And if we haven't learned our lessons, then shame on us. But for people like Ben and others, the opportunity to be able to introduce you to the world of crypto in terms of understanding what the hell is going on is a win. And so I invited Ben to be able to spend time with me to talk about his film, how you'll be able to watch it, and how being a subscriber of Katie Fang News will actually help that happen.
Speaker 2: Take a listen.
Speaker 1: Joining me now is Ben McKenzie, who I will not say is the star of the OC because I know Ben.
Speaker 2: You've kind of done other stuff since that.
Speaker 1: Although I will say, my friend, that every time I stop and I see some type of meme reel or something from the OC, it does.
Speaker 2: Kind of make me laugh.
Speaker 1: But Ben McKenzie, thank you so much for joining me. Look, I feel like I've been growing up with you in your kind of journey of with cryptocurrency. I had you on my old show on MSNBC when we talked about your New York Times bestselling book, Easy Money, Cryptocurrency, Casino Capitalism, and the Golden Age of Fraud that you wrote with Jacob Silverman.
Speaker 2: Fantastic book.
Speaker 1: And then I was also privy to sit at the Miami Film Festival and be able to watch your directorial debut, Everyone is Lying to You for Money. And so I'm proud of you, my friend, because this is an incredible, incredible film It's entertaining, educational, substantive, real meat on the bone. But I want people who have foolishly not seen it to be able to see it.
Speaker 2: So let people know what this film's all about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely. So this is a 90-minute comedy about how stupid and dangerous cryptocurrency is. I made it as accessible as possible. It is. You saw it for yourself, so you can attest to it. But, you know, audiences are loving it. We have a perfect score from the critics. But for some reason, we can't get a streamer to buy it. Hmm. Wonder.
Speaker 2: Wonder why.
Speaker 3: It might be because I end the film, spoiler alert, on Trump saying, buy Bitcoin, crypto, whatever it is you're playing with. And the song that's playing over the Trump clip, there's only a little Trump at the very end. Don't worry. He won't be in the party with a lot of Trump.
Speaker 2: Sparing people to Trump.
Speaker 3: Gotta spare people to Trump whenever possible. But the song playing over it is joining a cult. And it's about how nice it is to join a cult because you don't have to think for yourself. So The film is fun. Streamer won't buy it, so we're releasing it independently. So it's via a platform called Eventive, but you can just go to our website, everyoneislying.com, and click on Watch, and it'll direct you to where you need to go. And anyone anywhere in the world can watch it. We have subtitles for multiple languages. And not only do you get to watch the movie, but you also can, if you want, watch a Q & A with me and Marina, Marina Bachman, my wife, who's in the movie and very, very funny. Um, and we took questions from the audience. We did this live event on Saturday and it was amazing. I mean, we had people from 40 different countries, um, show up. Um, so it was really incredible. And for your viewers, because I love you and because you're great 50% off, uh, for your viewers, if you enter a code, I think it's.
Speaker 2: We'll put it up.
Speaker 3: We'll put it up.
Speaker 2: That's not a problem.
Speaker 3: 100%.
Speaker 2: No, it's exciting.
Speaker 1: And we're going to get into the details of how people can watch this because, you know, look, the title of the film, Everyone is Lying to You for Money, could apply to everything.
Speaker 2: So let's be clear here, though. You know, the focus is cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: And you've been an incredibly vocal, very forward-facing critic of cryptocurrency. If you had to get into an elevator, what would your pitch be? What would your elevator speech be on why everybody is lying to us about cryptocurrency?
Speaker 3: It's a story that sounds great, but isn't true. It's also the privatization of money. It's taking money from this publicly issued good to this privatized thing. So it's literal corporate money. It's corporations issuing their own money, whether it's World Liberty Financial in the case of Donald Trump. or even Bitcoin, we can go into why. But when you transfer the money's made up, it's trust essentially. And if you transfer that trust from the public sphere to the private sphere, a lot of bad things happen. There's a lot of fraud and manipulation of the markets. And we know this because we've tried it before. We tried it during the 19th century, during what was called the free banking era, the wildcat banking era, banks were allowed to issue their own notes. There was a lot of fraud. So this is a long elevator pitch. Maybe the elevator was going 20 floors, but that's my pitch.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, you mentioned Trump a few minutes ago.
Speaker 1: I want to clock some numbers for people that are tuning in, especially those that are following me at Katie Fang News.
Speaker 2: They know how I feel about convicted felon Donald Trump. But when it comes to.
Speaker 1: Trump and crypto, these are really important numbers, all kidding aside, right? Trump's own official 2025 financial disclosure that came out was hundreds and hundreds of pages. But there was some really important data on his crypto income that I want to highlight. For 2025 alone, Trump's own financial disclosure revealed $ 1. 4 billion with a B in 2025 alone in crypto income. More than $ 500 million from World Liberty Financial, the one you just talked about, the crypto venture he founded with the Suns. more than $ 550 million from World Liberty financial token sales, plus another $ 260 million from the sale of interest in World Liberty financial businesses, and then another $ 635 million from the sale of his Trump meme coins, which means that it's a part of his net worth tripling in his first year back in the Oval Office.
Speaker 2: If it's Trump... And it's something Trump adjacent. It's got to be corrupt. So there we go.
Speaker 1: I've now summarized your film for you.
Speaker 2: But Ben, why is this important?
Speaker 1: Because there's a lot of maneuvering that's going on in D.C. right now by Republicans who I suspect have no freaking clue what they're doing with crypto because they don't understand it themselves.
Speaker 2: They just kind of have a.
Speaker 1: Directive from Trump and this administration to push crypto as hard and as fast as they can.
Speaker 3: They have a directive from Trump, but they also have a directive from the crypto lobby itself.
Speaker 2: And it's a powerful lobby, by the way.
Speaker 3: Extremely powerful. In 2024, crypto and people associated with it spent $ 240 million in our elections. More than any other industry, 40-something percent of all corporate donations in the cycle came from crypto and people. It's just staggering. It's really staggering. Um, right now it's crypto and AI maybe as a toss up in terms of how much money is being spent to manipulate our, our political system. But, um, they've already spent, I think it's $ 180 million in this cycle and we're not even to the general election yet. So there's a lot of money being thrown around, which is influencing, uh, unfortunately legislators from both parties, but particularly the Republicans. And then you're absolutely right because Trump is in on the con. Um, he is doing whatever he can to rip up regulations. that were meant to protect investors. He is cozying up with some, quite frankly, very shady people inside of the crypto industry. We can talk about their ties to crypto companies and also Epstein, which of course is your world. But there's just a lot of really awful things happening. And to come back to the point I was making earlier, this is what happens when you privatize money. When you privatize money, bad people fill the space. And they do all sorts of stuff that sure looks like criminal activity, even from the White House.
Speaker 1: I mean, but Ben, look, you don't even have to be super well-versed in crypto to be able to understand. We've seen people like Sam Bankman Freed in FTX, right? We've seen that in your film, you actually interview him, which is a wild thing. So no spoilers here. Y'all's got, you got to see how artfully Ben navigates this conversation with him. But you know, You don't have to be somebody well-versed in the law, let alone crypto, to see that it's all bullshit. So I'm not quite sure why our federal government thinks that it's a good idea to even be contemplating legislative action when it comes to this.
Speaker 2: I don't even think that they've.
Speaker 1: Settled on whether or not it's actual currency or not, whether or not they're going to treat it as a security or not.
Speaker 2: It's still an open question.
Speaker 3: Yes, it absolutely is. And crypto has thrived in that gray area. where is it a currency? Is it an investment like a security? The industry is terrified of being regulated like an investment because investments, securities have investor protections. You need to know who you're giving your money to and what the F they're doing with the money. And crypto is The industry doesn't want that. Gee, I wonder why. So there's been this whole battle on Capitol Hill over a piece of legislation called the Clarity Act. And I was down in D.C. testifying and we won. The Clarity Act didn't pass. But since then, Trump had the press conference in the White House with the crypto execs. Yeah. and the regulators that are supposed to be regulating them, like the head of the SEC and the head of the CFTC.
Speaker 2: How that seems, there's independence and regulation. I don't see that, but keep on going, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, absurd. And what was the announcement about? The announcement was effectively, yeah, we didn't pass the legislation. And by the way, why did they not pass the legislation? Because the Democrats were insisting on an ethics provision that would keep Trump from making another billion dollars off crypto. And Trump couldn't do that, right? So Trump holds this press conference in the White House after this bill has been defeated and says effectively, doesn't matter. We're going to do it anyway. And sure enough, the SEC has just issued rules that will make it easier to issue crypto assets. The Trump family has got a provisional banking license, a banking license for his World Liberty Financial. Outrageous. This is really bad. What happens is these guys get into the system. They profit massively off of it. And we are creating systemic risk. We are creating the risk of a contagion effect where when crypto crashes again, which it will because it has repeatedly over its brief but tortured history, when it crashes again, it could contribute to the next financial crisis. And we could end up bailing these MFers out again. It is outrageous.
Speaker 1: And we've seen historically efforts to bail out these industries has not helped us. In fact, it's turned out to just fund them to continue to go screw us again as consumers.
Speaker 3: Yes. And we saw in the film, the last crypto crash was 2022. And that's when most of the events in the film take place. I interview Sam and then he ends up, you know, being arrested and going to jail. And I'm called to testify to the Senate Banking Committee in December, just days after his arrest. And I'm asked by one of the senators at the end of our session, What should we think about crypto getting into our banking system? And Kevin O'Leary is testifying opposite me. And of course, he loves it.
Speaker 1: This is Kevin O'Leary, folks, that we talk about to vis-a-vis data centers.
Speaker 2: So he's also been in the crypto world.
Speaker 3: It's going to shock your audience, but he's also on the wrong side of the issue when it comes to crypto as well and profiting off of it, of course, naturally. So Kevin's like, we have to integrate crypto into our banking system. We'll lose the war of innovation. Um, okay. And I say it's, it'll, it's playing with fire. It'll be a disaster if we do it. Three months later, three months after I testified in December and March, three banks failed in the United States, all three tied to crypto. They failed. We had to bail them out. It was a lot of venture capitalists. It was a lot of money coming out of Silicon Valley. And I think it was probably the right short term decision to keep the contagion from spreading, but it's outrageous. that not only have we not remedied the situation since then, it's gotten worse. Now crypto is further into our regulated system already. Trump's trying to do whatever he can to get it even further. What happens when it crashes again? Does it take down the whole system? We don't know.
Speaker 2: Which is a terrifying prospect.
Speaker 1: And look, there's also this other bill that we're keeping our eye on called the Parity Act. It's interesting because it's a bipartisan bill. introduced piece of legislation that would exempt the smaller stablecoin transactions that were under $ 200 from being reported for purposes of capital gains tax. And it would defer taxation on staking rewards for five years.
Speaker 2: Totally separate. I mean, you have these legislators that.
Speaker 1: Are introducing this legislation. And again, Ben, they're not understanding what's at stake. They're just getting lobbied so damn hard.
Speaker 2: That it makes sense.
Speaker 1: But then you do have, and I want to make sure we shout them out, you know, people like Senator Elizabeth Warren, right? Who's like, look, no, this is corruption on steroids.
Speaker 2: By the way, she's very clear.
Speaker 1: She's not anti-crypto. She just wants to make sure that there's guardrails in place that would allow that, you know.
Speaker 2: Real ethics teeth exist.
Speaker 1: Because right now what's been proposed in various things, including the Clarity Act, doesn't really have any teeth. There's really just no way to prevent further corruption, especially by Trump and the Trump crime family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and to be clear, that's what I'm advocating for as well. I'm not advocating for crypto to be outlawed because it wouldn't work. Crypto has existed, you know, in these gray and black markets.
Speaker 2: In some weird space, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on the internet, you know, and you're never going to be able to get rid of it. You shouldn't even try. All it needs to be is properly regulated as securities, as investments. And let's see what happens. Let's see if these investments, which by the way, what are you investing in, right? It's just lines of computer code stored on ledgers called blockchains. There's no real, real world use case for crypto other than crime. That's the use case. The use case is sending something of value instantaneously somewhere in the world, avoiding the banking system. That's why criminals love crypto. That's why the Iranians are using crypto to be paid for their ships passing through the Strait of Hormuz. That's, Trump is in bed with a guy whose exchange was laundering their money, the Iranians' money, this guy named Shengpeng Zhao.
Speaker 2: Oh, the guy who got pardoned? That guy?
Speaker 3: And then Trump pardoned him. And then this guy also invested through an investment firm in the UAE $ 2 billion in Trump's stablecoin business. So this stinks to high heaven. But to your point, I am not saying it should be outlawed. And I am the one trying to protect investors. Elizabeth Warren is the one trying to protect investors. What the industry is doing is preying on its own customers, indoctrinating them into this cult-like situation where they believe that if you criticize crypto, somehow I'm the bad guy, and trying to simultaneously not have regular investor protections for their own customers. If they gave a shit about their customers, they would try to protect them, but they don't.
Speaker 2: Well, because that actually would be an occupational hazard for them, would it not? I mean, it's the whole premise of their commerce, right?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's the whole theory of how they make it work is a presumption that people either are not paying attention or they don't really understand, which is why I bet you a million bucks if you tried to test basic crypto literacy for 99% of Congress, they would have no effing clue what the hell you're talking.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't, and not to be ageist, but there is an age issue there with a certain generation not really understanding things that are native to the internet, not understanding just how much misinformation is out there. So there's that issue. But there's also the issue, of course, again, as we've seen so often in our sort of, I don't want to say broken political system, but certainly deeply flawed, is Citizens United has just opened up the floodgates and the unlimited spending means that the representatives don't really have an incentive to understand it. Like, it's almost better for them, probably psychologically as well. They don't understand. All they understand is the dollars, the real money that's coming in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's coming in to help them.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, you know, it's a very bad situation. But I will say this. When you say 99% of people on Capitol Hill, like the senators, donors, and I think that's probably true, or certainly it's in the 90s, And there are good senators like Chris Van Hollen, like Elizabeth Warren, who are fantastic. But Bernie Sanders. But it's also true that the majority of the public doesn't know much about crypto.
Speaker 1: Which is why your film is amazing. I mean, I'm not bullshitting people because you and I are friends. I mean, your film, you said accessible. And that's such a fantastic adjective because, Ben, it literally explains it. And then it develops your theory on it and improves it empirically through the course of the film. I mean, that is why I think it's important for people to see it. It knocks down the barriers to entry to an understanding of what it is because a lot of people are so intimidated by it that they pretend like they understand it so that they're not judged because everybody talks about it. But in reality, again, people don't understand what it is.
Speaker 3: When I tell people what I'm doing, And I asked them what they think about cryptocurrency, the people that aren't in crypto, which is the majority of the overwhelming majority of the country, 84% of the country has never, ever messed around with this crypto stuff, 84%. And yet we've all heard the word. And so when I ask people what they think of it, they almost always say some version of, I don't know, it seems complicated. Maybe I'm not that smart, but it seems pretty scant.
Speaker 2: Look at that self-deprecation like straight out of the gate, right?
Speaker 3: Well, it's because the end of what I want people to understand is it's not you. You are smart enough to understand it. Does it seem like a scam? Trust your instincts. You're right. Let me explain to you why you're right, how you're right. But the industry relies on convincing. It's the metaphor I use in the book is the emperor's new clothes. is this, it's an incredible story, because it's so true, right, about human behavior. What an incredibly astute observation that the tailors trick people, adults, into believing that these imaginary clothes that they weave are real out of appealing to their ego, out of saying only the smartest people can understand this. If you can't understand this, you're just not smart enough. And so most people go, okay, I guess I'm not smart enough. Leave me alone, weirdos. But for a certain percentage of the public, they get pulled into that. You get sucked into that. And then they believe. And the net result is you have a small portion of the public, very small, like less than 5% that really, really, really believe in that stuff. I think they're in a cult. I really do. Like there's a lot of cult dynamics that happen. And I say that with love, I say that with sympathy, but like, I do think that's kind of what we're looking at. It's like a microcosm of MAGA, but like tucked into this very small niche of like dudes, young guys in particular. Um, and those people, I, I look, I show them in the film. I have a lot of sympathy for them. I talked to a lot of victims who have been scammed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All guys.
Speaker 2: They're very emotional.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But, but I didn't make the movie for them because it's really hard to break through to those guys. I made the movie for the, if you're out there and you haven't bought it, I made the movie for you. Exactly. And if you are like another, say 10% that has kind of like messed around with it, right? Like you saw some celebrities selling and you, put a little money and you, that's fine. Like that's no judgment.
Speaker 2: Wait, let me be clear.
Speaker 1: Several of whom that have been sued because they've been messing around with it and they've been advertising and using, you know, they're backing this stuff and then they got in trouble for it. I mean, let's be very clear about that too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, Kim Kardashian had to pay an over a million, $ 1 million fine. A bunch of the celebrities who shilled for FTX, Sam's failed crypto exchange, Sam Beckman Freed's failed crypto exchange. They're being sued civilly right now. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah, there are consequences. And thank God there are consequences. But the system shouldn't have to devolve into civil litigation. It should. There should be investor protections from jump. Right. That's the way this should work. We just live in the era of Trump where, you know.
Speaker 2: It's because he's gaming. He's gaming the system because he's making so much money off of it. I mean, sure.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: If you're the one who gets to build the rules and the way that the game is being played.
Speaker 3: Yes. And he called Trump called Bitcoin a scam as recently as twenty twenty one. So, you know, just a few years ago, he was saying it's a scam and now he's figured out how to make money on it. So he loves it.
Speaker 1: Trump also used to be a Democrat and been paid in Democratic candidates.
Speaker 3: Not a lot of deeply held beliefs, you know?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think there's anything deeply other than the bullshit with him. So Ben, again, other than being the brooding bad boy outsider, which you kind of are now doing in crypto, by the way, I'm going to say, you've kind of taken that and translated it over.
Speaker 1: Tell people where they should go to learn about the streaming event. It began August 22nd. What's cool is when you actually buy the access and the link is live. You can watch it over the span of what, two weeks, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah. Until September 6th, go to everyoneislying.com, click on watch and it'll set, you'll get set up. Yeah. It's a fun movie. And again, anyone, anywhere in the world, and we have subtitles for other languages and all sorts of stuff. It's been an incredible, we've had people from 40 different countries join us on Saturday. It was really amazing. Um, so I, I think there's a way forward here, you know, not just for my movie, but for a lot of other movies that are unfortunately suffering, you know, we haven't had time to talk about it. Maybe I'll come back on to talk about it at some point, but like the suppression of free speech that's, that's occurring in this country, um, sort of, uh, by these major corporations just being afraid of him. It's sort of a self-censorship where you just don't buy independent movies. Cause what's the, you know, what, the downside's too big, right? Trump could come after you. But the net result is this really chilling effect on our democracy, on the functioning of our democracy. If people don't have access to legitimate information, to the truth, then it's much easier to indoctrinate them. So I do feel like in my own small, fairly stupid way, I've contributed to truth getting out there in the form of everyone's lying to you for money, but go check it out.
Speaker 2: Not small, not stupid.
Speaker 1: And I will say that is why I testified in front of a Senate hearing myself. about this mega merger between Paramount, Skydance, and Warner Brothers Discovery because it's already happening, the silencing and the chilling effect, it's already happening and it'll continue on steroids if we don't help films like yours, frankly, to show how valuable they are with the information that it provides. So Ben, what we're gonna do is we're gonna obviously include the hyperlink to the website. 50% off for my viewers, my subscribers, to be able to watch this amazing film. My best to Marina, who is a long-suffering wife, but incredibly.
Speaker 2: Talented actress in and of her own right.
Speaker 1: Folks, when you tune in, you watch the movie, you'll see exactly what I am talking about. But my best to you, Ben, and to the family. It's good to see you. And I'm so excited and thrilled. And again, very proud of your hard work in this. It's a mission, but you're really shouldering it. And I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Well, I appreciate you for what everything you're doing with Epstein. We didn't even have time to talk about Epstein and Krypton. Oh, it's okay. But what you're doing is truly a public service of incredible import. And I am just very impressed. And it makes me wish I had gone to law school because if I'd gone to law school, I could be helping somehow.
Speaker 2: You certainly are. Ben McKenzie, thanks for being here. I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: All right. Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Katie Fang here.
Speaker 1: We launched the Katie Fang News Channel in partnership with the Midas Touch Network so we could bring you the latest in legal and political news.
Speaker 2: Straight, no chaser.
Speaker 1: So if you're a fellow truth teller, hit that subscribe button and share the word about this channel so we can build a high information America together. So there's a potential big battle that is about to be waged by GOP Chair of House Oversight, James Comer, of all people, and with Leon Black. billionaire investor, founder of Apollo Global Management. He was the chair of Apollo until he was forced out in 2021 after more and more disclosures were revealed about Leon Black's relationship with the pedophile and horrific person Jeffrey Epstein. Now, if you'll recall back in June of There was a transcribed interview. And you know how I feel about these transcribed interviews that take place with House Oversight. I am one of the biggest critics alongside people like Democrat.
Speaker 2: Robert Garcia.
Speaker 1: I mean, a transcribed interview, folks. Yes, there may be a transcription at the end, but it's not under oath. You don't get sworn in. And yes, I will concede making false statements to Congress is a crime. But listen, you know, a penalty of perjury... Because you are under oath is more powerful. It's not videotaped and it's not public.
Speaker 2: I mean, and it's not made pursuant to a subpoena.
Speaker 1: And that's where this conversation really has meat on the bone for today's episode. Because a transcribed interview is done voluntarily through coordination between the witness and house oversight.
Speaker 2: And it's not done pursuant to a subpoena.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of trappings and enforcement and teeth that you would get normally under a subpoena setting. that you don't get in a transcribed interview. And we are seeing it happening now. So back in June, when Leon Black showed up for his voluntary transcribed interview, he walked out after give or take about an hour because he didn't like the questions that were being asked.
Speaker 2: And again, kudos to both.
Speaker 1: Republicans and Democrats on House oversight for pressing Leon Black about Certain things, including the existence of non-disclosure agreements, NDAs, that might have been used to silence victims, witnesses, people with a lot of knowledge about Jeffrey Epstein, Glenn Maxwell, and others. Black said, peace out. His lawyer said, we're leaving. But James Comer, surprisingly, surprising me every once in a while, whipped out some subpoenas and served two subpoenas.
Speaker 2: On Leon Black before he left.
Speaker 1: And those two subpoenas that were served on Leon Black said the following. You're going to roll up for a subpoenaed deposition, not a voluntary transcribed interview. And right now, the negotiated date on that is September 3rd. OK, so that's next week. One subpoena says you're going to show up. The other subpoena says you are to produce with you the following documents. All non-disclosure agreements to which Leon David Black is a party. Number two, all non-disclosure agreements to which Jeffrey Epstein or Glenn Maxwell is or was a party. Number three, all non-disclosure agreements to which Jeffrey Epstein or Glenn Maxwell are referenced or were involved in the preparation, execution, or enforcement thereof. That was served on Leon Black on June 26, 2026. And that is what's going to be dealt with on his upcoming depot, subpoena depot on September 3rd. Now, there is an open-ended question. Will he actually show up? Because of a letter that Comer just sent to Leon Black's lawyers. And this letter is a doozy. Again, I am pleasantly surprised at the chutzpah. that James Comer is showing here. You know, maybe if he had shown that same level of chutzpah from the beginning, maybe we wouldn't be so far down the road with some bullshit from Pammy Jo with the bad hair and the fact that we still haven't heard from people like Todd Blanche and Steve Bannon and others. that would have a lot of information about Epstein.
Speaker 2: But I digress. So here we go. So just a reminder, just a reminder, Leon Black, billionaire investor, knew Jeffrey Epstein from mid-90s. Long ass time, right?
Speaker 1: Because remember, Epstein died mysteriously, 2019 August.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 2: Since about 1995, Leon Black knew Jeffrey Epstein. And when I say knew, I mean knew.
Speaker 1: Super, super personal friends, super professional friends. Black's position is, I paid Jeffrey Epstein $ 158 million over a five-year period from 2012 to 2017.
Speaker 2: Look, folks, if you and I could get $ 158.
Speaker 1: Million over five years, shit. And we know that Jeffrey Epstein wasn't a lawyer, it wasn't an accountant. But Leon Black paid $ 158 million, according to Leon Black, for Epstein's advice.
Speaker 3: Advice.
Speaker 2: On tax, trust, insurance, estate planning, and family office matters. Come and say what?
Speaker 1: The man doesn't have a law license, he's not an accountant, doesn't have formal training, but you're going to pay him $ 158 million for that.
Speaker 2: Type of advice? Hmm.
Speaker 1: Now, Black says Jeffrey Epstein was such a genius that this advice helped him produce between $ 1 to $ 2 billion in financial benefits. So it sounds like everybody in this Epstein elite is making shitpots of money and Jeffrey Epstein is running his child rape sex trafficking ring internationally this whole time. Now, Black swears, not yet, but kind of, that all of this was just above board business dealings. That it had nothing nefarious and there was nothing going on with this money.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, Apollo Global did its own internal investigation and said, yep, it's $ 158 million and there was nothing going on here and it was just for these tax and accounting advice and services.
Speaker 2: Ah, but then, Here.
Speaker 1: Comes Senator Ron Wyden, who was like, I don't think so. I've conducted a multi-year investigation. And we see it here in this. We see it in the report that was generated. But look, this letter dated March 20th, 2026 from Senator Ron Wyden to Leon Black says, I actually want additional information from you. For nearly four years, my staff at the Senate Committee on Finance said, has investigated the financing of Epstein's sex trafficking operation. Specifically, this investigation reviewed an unusual arrangement under which you, Leon Black, paid Jeffrey Epstein $ 170 million between 2012 and 2017 for purported tax and estate planning services. According to a settlement that you, Leon Black, signed with the government of the U.S. Virgin Islands, Epstein used the money you paid him to fund his sex trafficking operations.
Speaker 2: Always read before you sign, people. So that's interesting.
Speaker 1: There's $ 12 million that are unaccounted for. And I'm sure if Ron Wyden got his hands on even more of the information that he's being blocked from getting from the DOJ and others, I bet you we'd find more, right?
Speaker 2: So what's happening here?
Speaker 1: Oh, and by the way, Leon Black also made a $ 30 million loan to Jeffrey Epstein in addition to the $ 170 million that Epstein got for his services, and he never paid the loan back. I mean, this is like Leonard Leo and Clarence Thomas. I'm going to give you the money for this camper thing, and you only have to make the interest payments, and you never have to make the balloon payment, and it's forgiven.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is just some weird stuff, right? Who lends $ 30 million to.
Speaker 1: It sinks to high heaven, but let's get back into what's happening in the immediate sense, because this is really important. Okay. So as we know, Leon Black pieces out, walks out from his transcribed interview and Comer's like, here's your subpoenas.
Speaker 2: Have a nice day.
Speaker 1: Now, a letter that Comer sent that was a doozy on August 19th, 2026, excuse me, August 18th, 2026 says, look, you're trying to You're trying to outline all these arguments why Leon Black, this is between the lawyers, why Leon Black shouldn't be required to fully comply with the subpoena that was issued to him on June 26 for these non-disclosure agreements that are in Leon's possession, custody, or control. In response, Leon has actually turned over only one NDA so far, and he claims it's the only one within the scope of the House Oversight Committee's goals. House Oversight rejects your assertion And reiterates that full compliance with the subpoena issued to your client requires the production of all nondisclosure agreements to which Black is a party.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Comer goes on to say, House Oversight never agreed to limitations on the scope of Mr. Black's interview that were not already articulated in the letter dated March 3rd that said, this is what we are looking to investigate.
Speaker 2: And it was pretty expansive. to house oversight's credit.
Speaker 1: Leon Black demanded to see the exhibits that were going to be used by house oversight in advance of his interview. House oversight said, uh, no, we don't share exhibits in advance with witnesses. That is not our practice whatsoever as we conduct an investigation. In addition, We, of course, were going to get into the topic of Leon Black's payments with Jeffrey Epstein, but because your client walked out, we didn't get a chance to do that. So what does that mean? Well, Leon Black's lawyers are like, well, you never asked our client about the payments and the nature of them. Well, yeah, we already know what he's going to say. I just told you what he's going to say. $ 158 million allegedly vetted by a Decart investigation, that internal investigation by Apollo Global.
Speaker 2: And it's going to say it was for, quote, tax and estate planning purposes. Okay, so fine.
Speaker 1: You know me and my work has me on the go, go, go all the time. So I need trustworthy, durable, but attractive luggage. That's where my Noble Travel All-in-One Carry-On comes in. Noble has a completely removed zipper. It's literally zipper-less. It's a latch lock suitcase. So when it's closed, it's shut tight like a safe. And so I'm not juggling a million things in my hands. It also has a built-in charging port. It's got a front laptop pocket and a flip-out cup holder built right in. And with over 500,000 suitcases sold, it's the highest rated luggage brand in the category on Trustpilot. Did you know over 12,000 flight attendants and pilots already swear by Noble? Even TSA agents say that it helps prevent theft and tampering. Every suitcase comes with a 100-day money-back guarantee and free three-day express shipping. Did you hear me say it's got a lifetime warranty? It's the last suitcase you're ever going to need to buy. So, Noble gives you real travel peace of mind, security, design, and convenience all in one. Head to nobletravel.com for up to 46% off your entire order. That's nobletravel.com for up to 46% off. After you make your purchase, they're going to ask where you heard about them. Please support our show and tell them that we sent you.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. Leon Black.
Speaker 1: Declined to answer questions relating to his personal life. So Black, in advance of the transcribed interview, tried to say, I am limiting the scope of the interview questions that I'm going to be sitting in. And House Oversight's like, nope, we never agreed to this because here's a clear example why we can't agree to limit scope.
Speaker 2: Ready?
Speaker 1: During this limited one hour, excuse me, during this truncated or shortened one hour interview that happened back in June, House Committee members asked the following questions about Black sexual relationship with a woman associated with Jeffrey Epstein. And this woman's name is Giselle.
Speaker 2: Ganieva. Question. Have you ever engaged in sexual conduct of any kind with Ms. Ganieva?
Speaker 1: Black says, I had an affair with her on and off for six years, an extramarital consensual adult affair with her.
Speaker 2: Then subsequently, here was the question to Black. Was Mr. Epstein involved in the negotiations on these terms? Answer.
Speaker 1: He was not involved in the negotiation. He was somebody that I told... I was being blackmailed and extorted to, as well as to my lawyers at Paul Weiss. When the House committee made additional inquiries about this woman and the existence of a nondisclosure agreement between her and your client, your client refused to answer the committee's questions.
Speaker 2: I mean, when there's smoke, there's usually fire, right?
Speaker 1: So Leon Black continues to object to the production of nondisclosure agreements, including questioning about these NDAs, NDAs that were signed by Leon Black with women that House Oversight has reason to believe are connected to Jeffrey Epstein, Ghislaine Maxwell, and others. And the reasoning that Comer puts forth in this letter makes sense. He explains that Epstein, his associates, used a variety of tools to silence and control victims and other individuals in his orbit, including NDAs, non-disclosure agreements. And some of these associates and people have come forward later saying, and said that they were victims and survivors of the abuse, but the NDAs obviously kept them.
Speaker 2: Silent for a while. To conduct a complete and thorough investigation, the committee will pursue all relevant avenues of inquiry. The committee is also aware of the.
Speaker 1: Existence of at least one NDA between Leon Black and a woman who was connected.
Speaker 2: To jeffrey epstein.
Speaker 1: Ultimately it is house oversight not you or your client that will determine the value and relevance of information your client has regarding the committee's investigation into the actions of epstein-maxwell and their associates okay fine so here's where we find ourselves right Apparently, on August 11th, Leon Black's lawyers confirmed with House Oversight that he will appear on September 3rd for his subpoenaed deposition. It will be under oath, it will be videotaped, and it will be transcribed. But now, now it looks like Leon Black's trying to push that into October. So let's see what happens. I mean, you can do reasonable accommodations, but this doesn't quite make sense, seeing how the original interaction between Black and House Oversight was in June. So here's the thing, and you got to love lawyers. During an August 18th meeting, the lawyers for Leon Black said that he would not agree to provide a privilege log.
Speaker 2: And the privilege log would have been a.
Speaker 1: Listing and identification of all NDAs to which Leon Black is a party. And then the committee would review it and then explore whether or not they wanted to continue production of a specific NDA or more. Given Black this opportunity, he said, no, I'm not going to do it. Additionally, Black's lawyers on August 18th said, I'm willing to provide an additional NDA, the existent of which is already publicly known because of pending litigation, in exchange for House oversight agreeing to the following. One, you will not hold Leon Black in contempt relating to either of the two subpoenas. I don't know how you could agree to shit like that in advance. Two, You would change the deposition subpoena to a voluntary transcribed interview. We're back to that shit again. Three, limit the scope of the transcribed interview regarding confidentiality to only the two NDAs that Black provides. Four, you will delay the transcribed interview until late September or early October, as I just mentioned. And five, you will not videotape the transcribed interview.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell no. And what do you think Comer said? Thank you, Comer. He said, no, this offer is unreasonable. And then the piece de resistance on page nine of nine.
Speaker 3: Mr.
Speaker 2: Black's continued refusal to comply with the committee's legitimate subpoenas is unacceptable. If Mr.
Speaker 1: Black refuses to provide the committee with responsive documents or refuses to appear for his scheduled deposition on September 3rd, 2026, the committee will use all tools at its disposal, including contempt. So as I said at the beginning of this episode, we're about to see a battle royale. Leon Black is a billionaire. He has fancy lawyers at Hogan levels that are actually doing this on his behalf.
Speaker 2: But don't you think sometimes the we think.
Speaker 1: Thou doth protest too much applies and pretty greatly so when we're dealing with Epstein investigations? Look, I think one thing I want to underscore here is the importance of the Democrats retaking the majority in November. Because, again, this is credible efforts by Comer. And Leon Black is such a huge part of.
Speaker 2: The Epstein elite.
Speaker 1: And has so many connections over the span of decades with Jeffrey Epstein, it only makes sense. I think Comer would lose even more credibility if he didn't go after and pursue everything he could with Leon Black. But the fact that these haven't been subpoenaed straight out of the gate, what a waste of damn time. We're already at the end of August, folks. This transcribed interview, the negotiations of which, this shit's been going on for months to get Leon Black in the door in June, and now we may see him at the end of September if he doesn't roll up at the beginning of September?
Speaker 2: I mean, come on. Let's do it by way of a subpoena.
Speaker 1: If you have Democrats in the majority, people like Robert Garcia, it's all videotaped, all public, all transcribed, as in like it's there as a subpoena depot.
Speaker 2: You got to put teeth into things.
Speaker 1: And if you don't, why would you ever expect somebody from the Epstein elite to ever comply?
Speaker 2: So we're going to follow this. September 3rd is just next week. Let's see what happens. Let's see if actually contempt happens, right? They make contempt.
Speaker 1: Deferrals all the time for stupid shit out of Congress, but something like this, this type of obstruction, it's a problem.
Speaker 2: It's a problem. Be mad, be outraged, fan accountability. I'm off to rattle some more cages. Katie Fang here.
Speaker 1: We launched the Katie Fang News Channel in partnership with the Midas Touch Network so we could bring you the latest in legal and political news.
Speaker 2: Straight, no chaser. So if you're a fellow truth teller, hit that subscribe button and share the word about this channel so we can build a high information America together.