Speaker 1: Time for rock news on one oh one one double JRR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynch Hintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One O one one double u jr R.
Speaker 2: So I'm thinking we go ahead and start with some Metallica related rock news.
Speaker 1: Oh the donation possible.
Speaker 2: One hundred thousand dollars Metallica strokes a check from their All All Within My Hands Foundation to help Hurricane Helene Victims Foundation. You know, always stepping up in all sorts of different situations. That's just the latest. I suspect I would venture a while. Guess you might see him doing the same thing after a Milton gets done doing whatever Milton's getting.
Speaker 1: Well, let's not assume, but yeah, props on that they do, as Pat says, so many great things with that foundation.
Speaker 2: Scott's Stapp will make his debut at the Grand Old Opry Nashville. Really yeah. He will perform at the Grand Old Opry on October twenty thirty. It'll be his first time inside the circle there in the first live performance of his first ever duet, If These Walls Could Talk featuring Dorothy so that'll be cool.
Speaker 1: That's a trip.
Speaker 2: In somewhat related news, Creed who We Know, is doing Gangbusters on their reunion tour and we'll be here in Orlando in December at the Kia Center have announced three more special shows to close out the twenty twenty four leg of the show. We thought the last state was going to be here in Orlando.
Speaker 1: Three more where are we talking?
Speaker 2: They're going to go out to Vegas and guess who they're gonna partner with on three shows, including one on New Year's Eve. They're good buddies, yes, yeah, remember both those bands JR favorites back in the day. They both kind of hit it the same time.
Speaker 1: And they, yeah, they get along very well. They're all tight. So that's awesome. That's good news. If you're a stamp collector, this is kind of cool. If you're a fan of The Who. The Who have their own stamps now issued in UK to commemorate the band's sixtieth anniversary. That's that's that's awesome. Look who this letters from? Who?
Speaker 2: Roger Dalton, who sent me a post. Ozzie is back on drugs. He's he's smoking a little weed to give himself some relief. From his various ailments that he has, including you know Parkinson's. He's quote he goes, I'm tempted to return to stronger drugs too, Ozzie.
Speaker 1: I don't, don't. Don't go that far. Oz gait Way, Come on, I always say, don't do it, ozz Just stick with your weed for pain relief. I totally get it.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Ozzie is campaigning hard to get Billy Idle inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Those two are good buddies, and Idol has been eligible since two thousand and seven hasn't even been nominated despite his career. Billy is going to be part of the entourage that will be celebrating Ozzie's induction as a solo artist coming up later this month at the Rock and Wall Hall of Fame induction ceremony and at Rocket Mortgage field House in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: I swear I thought you were gonna say Billy Eilish when you go Billy, I I'm like, no way. Ozzie's smoking way too much pot. If he's doing that, maybe he did start the harder drum.
Speaker 2: Yeah this I hate seeing this as scammer posing as deep purple guitarist Richie Blackmore stole nearly two hundred grand in a pretty despicable fraud scam. Valerie Horwood is a terminal cancer patient and former classmate of Blackmoor's. The scammer contacted her through Facebook and convinced her to this sound familiar to send nearly one hundred and eighty four thousand dollars in Apple gift cards over a three year period. The scam was finally discovered when Horwood's children learned her life savings had disappeared. She's eighty one years yars old, still can't believe it was a scam when they told her. The police in the UK are investigating and a fundraising page has been set up to help her. She's zero money to her name. Now, that is so weak taking advantage of her. Somebody's got the hell chip for that, no doubt. What else do I want to get in here? Let's see a tough week for the Flaming Lips, the band here they took a they got on social media yesterday trying to find one of the band's band member's missing daughter. News broke that Nel Smith, seventeen year old musical prodigy who had collaborated on an album with them, had died in a car accidents Sunday night. A couple of examples of songs she did with the Red Red Right, Red, Right Hand and the Weeping Song. Stephen Drudd's daughter is sixteen. Her name Charlotte Drowsed and she's been missing since around eleven thirty Saturday. Seen on a mono al in Seattle near the Space Needle. As for Nelsmith, she was working on her first solo album to be released in twenty twenty five. So a double whammy of bad news for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were just here. They just opened up for who they open up for, Billie Eilish, No, no, no, I can't believe I just drew a blank on that anyway show a couple of weeks ago. Not surprised by this little Deezer Weezer, thank you Okay Weezer deal at Kia Center Top Southern Rock Songs of All Time? I get the top ten here, the top ten dominated and rightfully so by songs from the Alvin Brothers and Leonard Skinner.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, what do you think came in at number one? In this The Ultimate Southern Ultimate Classic Rock put up the ultimate Southern rock songs of all time.
Speaker 1: It's got to be sweet Home. All of them are. No.
Speaker 2: They came in at number three, We're Skinner, number two, free Bird from Skinnered. I would have thought Freebird would have been one, but the one that they had, it's hard to argue. They got Whipping Post from the Almond Brothers Band at number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: Also in the top ten, Midnight Rider from Greg Almond, Ramblin' Man another great Almond tune, Lagrange from Zzy Top Dixie Chicken from Little Feet Cane, you see the Marshall Tucker Band, Give Me Three Steps from Skinnered, and simple Man from skinnerd rounding out the top ten all time greatest Southern Rock tunes.
Speaker 1: I still would have put Skinnered at the top the first one, but it's just can't go wrong with any of those songs.
Speaker 2: So there's your rock news for this week. On the iHeartRadio app, This is JR R