Speaker 1: We'll come back into this later at war at the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's throw a birthday girl in here there.
Speaker 3: Let's do a birthday baby. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Dion Warwick.
Speaker 3: She did the show. We have a liner from her.
Speaker 2: I saw her the other day on CBS Sunday Morning. She was one of the arts. She started, got her started at the Apollo in New York. She's eighty four today. She was one of the first.
Speaker 1: I think, Hey, before I put on my makeup, say a little prep for are you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna talk about Churchill Downs and the our old friend Scott Neil helping out back there. Curly himself, Curly is nickname for a long time, was a radio salesman for a long time and then he got smart and found God. Yes, and we had and radio salesman in God not line up and like.
Speaker 1: We said, we were all sure this is some kind No, no, he's a warrior for the Lord. But we won't bring in Lenny, Uh, my buddy Lenny, who was also part of on over the Championship Kentucky Derby Horse.
Speaker 4: How about that an exciting ride?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of years.
Speaker 3: Ago, Yeah, a couple of years ago. Also, you cheated death.
Speaker 4: Yes, well as a couple of us in this room.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: I had a little spill right after all that, and while I was on the table in the er, blood pressure was sixty over forty dropping.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I just.
Speaker 4: See nothing but bright light. And well, at least I won the derby.
Speaker 3: Did your wife say?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Did your wife encourage you to go to the bright light? Because that's what I would do, she said, quickly as you can.
Speaker 4: She got there right after they brought me back.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 4: So what's funny?
Speaker 3: A hard condition?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a blood pressure issue, went on a medication, they had a water pill attached, hyper sensitive to it and just completely dehydrating.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. Let's turn to my right, pop ol. Is that right?
Speaker 1: You're the head chaplain out at Churchill Down's. Boy, that's a big task, right, because there's all kinds of It's not that there's gambling addiction, there's substance abuse addictions, but the Great Pat Day he's been very influential with the chapel back there, and uh, you're the head of that. How busy do you stay with this? I gotta think that's a busy job, man.
Speaker 7: Yes it is. When especially they are racist. It gets very busy. I'm there almost from Monday through Saturday, from morning all the way till the afternoon. And if there's a jockie who fell off a horse, I'm going to the hospital.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you go learn you heal them?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: You have service every day or once a week? Once a week okay? Church? And how many do you get usually show up for.
Speaker 7: We've been having an average of eighty seventy people.
Speaker 3: How about that? Wow?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, So do some of the horse owners do they take care of you? Knowing how important that is for the trainers and the jockeys and the workers that have that chapel at Churchill.
Speaker 7: Since I'm new, this is my first year, I'm just beginning to get to know the owners and trainers, and so I know that they do, and they will as they continue to get to know me.
Speaker 3: What are you into the service working for the lord? What made you do that?
Speaker 7: That's a very good question. Now, it was something that I wasn't looking for it. My plans was to do business, and I was just looking for what to do here in the US. I'm from Peru and I was just planning to go back. And suddenly I read the scriptures, and this passage from First Timothy chapter to really spoke to my heart. And he was God telling me, this is what I want you to do. I want you to preach the word in season and out of season. So this is this is what I want you to do. And I was Okay, Well, I don't know what I want to do.
Speaker 1: I had I had a similar experience with me that led me into prison and ministry in the penitentiaries of Kentucky. And that first night I was terrified. Man, but I felt like that was put on my heart to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the prisoners got worse. So but anyway, but but thank you for what you're doing. But let's talk about what we're doing right now. Uh, Lenny, something got put on your heart. Let's talk about while we're.
Speaker 4: Here, all right. So my story real quick. In twenty eighteen, my dad a prostate cancer. On his deathbed, he asked me to spread the word about the importance of early detection. And uh, I came with this crazy idea to buy into these very affordable horse syndicates. And every time we informed a racing team and every time we ran run races, I'm always posting about the race and you get your screenings, you know, I mean, and that's what that's all about. We've had a lot of success with it. It just kind of snowballed and with it you talk about divine intervention. It's like, you know, we're doing this calls and then all of a sudden we're part of a Kentucky Derby winter this past year. We won the Pregnus this year, and so it's like and every time these things happen, I get to do these interviews and I'm spreading this message to more and more, thousands and thousands of people. We get letters emails all the time thanking us for what we're doing and how we've helped save lives because of the success my wife carry you know, my wife Phil, she here with this idea about helping the workers of the backside with maybe getting some coats and stuff together, and I thought it's a great idea. So I'm thinking about this and then again divine the intervention. I go check my mail, have a card from Pavel and Pat Day asking if it's a Christmas card, but then it says, you know, would you like to partner with us, uh financially or volunteering, and uh, I thought, man, this is kind of weird that they get this car today. Get on the website. They have a clothing closet. I'm like, this is perfect. I get a whole pobbo and he's like, oh yeah, we've got to do this. So I decide to have a Colt drive starting tomorrow through Christmas, new and lightly used and hopefully something from this decade.
Speaker 1: Yeah h New York Times starter jacket.
Speaker 4: My grandma's from forty years ago. So but anyway, so the baron Knows File two tap House is going to accept the donations. Greg Hoskinson over signs Now he's making a banner for us, uh, free of charge. You know. Everybody's just kind of coming together on this called George Timmering. Oh man, I'll tell you what anything I've ever needed.
Speaker 3: George and Rob Baby, everybody.
Speaker 4: I just they uh And it wasn't. It wasn't. There was no questions like, yeah, let's do it, you know. So that's that's it. And getting hold of you guys. You guys have always been really great to me over the years too, so being on the show was definitely part of it as well. Thank you guys for that. But so you're gonna bring your donations in and Baronos is generously if you when you drop off a donation, you're gonna get like a you can get a free order of small cheese sticks and breadsticks or breadsticks. So going in having pizza and we drop your coats off, and we'll try to code as many of the backside workers and their families as we can. I want to do so many to where we get all the tracks. There's a lot more than just Churchill Day. Yeah, right, all right, so the more you know, just bring them on pop out.
Speaker 3: What did you say you're from?
Speaker 2: I'm from Peru, Peru.
Speaker 1: How many twenty five degree mornings have you had in Peru?
Speaker 3: Is it brunal to adjust? Because I mean I've lived here and I hate it.
Speaker 7: Yes, So I'm from Lima, from the coast and our winter get to fifty five.
Speaker 2: That's winter, Manchu peach you right, Well, that's Cusco. That's yes, that's true. That's a poky man. And what a fascinating story.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been up there? Did you climb it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I have you climbed it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: I didn't, Man, I mean you can hike, but.
Speaker 2: It's too far. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: You got Yeah, I climbed. I climbed it. Piece of cake.
Speaker 2: They haven't a way. I'm getting nerd here, I'm getting nerdy. But they haven't even found most of the civilization. I mean it's still on your jungle. Yes, yeah, it's awesome. You should go, Dwight, I don't know, climb Mount Machu Picchu Mancho. You went to that famous lake, didn't you, Dwight.
Speaker 3: Uh like titty kaka like a swim man.
Speaker 1: It's a wonderful It's a wonderful way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh, it was it.
Speaker 9: Machi man Chichi, Machichi screwed Chichi machichi. You you you got me? That's right, you should go. It's fascinating.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, me.
Speaker 1: I usually stay with pop l when I when I go over there and I said, hey, you know, look at that big mountain. I'm gonna climate listen. Best of luck to you guys on this. I think it's absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 3: What you're doing.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it, and.
Speaker 3: Once again give the details.
Speaker 4: Okay, so starting tomorrow, probably around lunchtime, okay, you can take your coat donations to Baronos five Oho Too tap house in Jaytown that's the only location we're doing this, and bring your donations in there and they will give you probably a voucher. I'm not sure exactly what George has put together, but you will receive a small cheese stick or breadsticks. So get a little appetizer, drop off coat, and have some really good pizza. And we're doing this through Christmas.
Speaker 1: You ever think about taking your Kentucky Derby Horror or you're preating its horse out to like, you know, public appearances for like a grand opening of like a quiz those or something.
Speaker 4: I want to write them around town. They just wild't let me do it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I'm telling you, man. It was ridiculous, all right, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 7: Cissus primarily small and medium and then a few larch and extra.
Speaker 2: Larchep primarily small. And your donations are out.
Speaker 3: You got it? Embarrass me in front of a preacher?
Speaker 2: Man, Yes, is.
Speaker 3: There any way this shoulder is hurting? See where you could just touch this up?
Speaker 2: Okay, fellas for coming in till George we said, hi, I'm so glad you're alive, buddy.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks man, Who do we.
Speaker 2: Have bargain supply East Jefferson Treat that's in the New Low area. All new appliances. That's what should do, and you should if you need to buy one, that's fine. Every single appliance in my house is from Bargain Supply the best. They delivered it and installed it and everything else. Plus they're experts. Make sure you bring the measurements, like the space of whatever you're looking for. Is that if you're replacing the refrigerator, you need to know the height and like the way. Other than that, they can tell you exactly what to do with your refrigerator space with the money that you want to deal with, right, did you tell them here's how much I want to spend and here's the space. They'll go, here's what you're gonna do. If you go do a home depot or Low's or whatever, they're just gonna go, I'm sorry, what do you want? Bargain Supply will take care of you with the appliances. It's again a huge warehouse and they have their own parking lot. So go check them out on East Jefferson in the New Low area. Bargain Supply back after this on news radio forty w s OH.
Speaker 3: I like that sound.
Speaker 2: It's like the sound out here when I leave the studio every morning in your mind like enough enough, and then I'll stop for a little bit. Pose, pout, baby, pout, Get in my car clicking or skip it?
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: It's where we find out how much little information we have about pop culture. Dave Dave drives the bus.
Speaker 6: Hit you with some gossip headlines go with me if we clicking a skipping, go with it headlines. Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco are engaged.
Speaker 2: Click on it. Selena Gomez, she is our girl from only Murders in the building. They are engaged.
Speaker 6: She announced the happy news on Insta late last night, posting a picture of her stunning engagement ring with the.
Speaker 2: Caption Forever Starts Now.
Speaker 6: Benny chimed in on the comments, adding, hey wait, that's my wife. Other pictures in the karausel included Selena gazing at the ring on a picnic blanket complete with a taco bell meal, a picture of an overjoyed Gomez showing the ring off, and one of Benny holding and kissing her. They've known each other for quite a while, meeting years ago when she was first kicking off her music career. It was professional until last July, when they started dating.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 1: The only thing I got out of that is now I want Taco Bell exactly. That's but I do. But I'm not gonna I'm gonna go somewhere better. You know where that is Saucer Rita's Baby, That's really good.
Speaker 2: That's really my favorite.
Speaker 6: High Selsa in the City and Chips Chand's Down and Chips headline Kim Kardashian's off the Market pass. I got the headline in though, don't you want to know who's doing? I mean who she's I mean who she's dating.
Speaker 1: You know what I kind of do. And Tony had to step out, So let's go ahead. I do want to know.
Speaker 6: We won't tell him that we clicked out a Kardashian headline. Let's se who's about to get their heart broken or crushed? She's dipping her toes back into the dating scene after her split from Odell Beckham Junior.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know those two were together.
Speaker 3: I didn't either. Hey, you know what, what, Odell? Nice catch?
Speaker 2: Everyone's caught this one, though.
Speaker 6: A source close to her shared with US Weekly that she started seeing someone new but keeping it very low key.
Speaker 2: Well, then who cares a right?
Speaker 3: So she's not gonna say.
Speaker 6: Never mind, a great story. Thanks, Kim. Should have keistered that one.
Speaker 1: Boy that's a huge were in. He's got immense posterior that woman.
Speaker 6: She does headline Kylie Jenner and Timothy Chalomey spotted on rare public date night pass as I thought so headline Golden Bachelor Jerry Turner received cancer diagnosis before split with Teresa Nist. That's kind of the story, it is, yeah skipping?
Speaker 3: Are we are we holding you up? Tonyedi? Sorry, man, I'm in the Hall of Fame. I could just leave whenever I want.
Speaker 2: We did a Kardashian story while you were going. No, you didn't, it's against the rules.
Speaker 1: I did it because, well, SOA is getting up and leaving because you got a tinkle.
Speaker 2: Well the headline when she was off the market, so we had to see.
Speaker 3: Could you quit using the word tinkle too?
Speaker 2: I had to tinkle.
Speaker 3: Don't don't do it tonight on stage or.
Speaker 2: Having a large prostate. It's called tinkle. I even your prostates in large Christmas.
Speaker 1: I remember when I could tinkle and I was just I know, headlines sometimes air just comes out like you.
Speaker 2: Wanted to come here.
Speaker 3: Alright.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Sorry, dude.
Speaker 6: A source of say Megan Fox found texts from other women on mgk's phone.
Speaker 2: Click on it. I just wanted.
Speaker 3: I don't know what. Who is MGK at your boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Machine Gun Kelly Kelly.
Speaker 3: He's like my gosh abbreviating craft. It doesn't need to be abbreviated again.
Speaker 2: He's a tall, anorexic uh, pale, pale, blonde, sort of albino looking dude with four hundred tattoos. Looks like somehow that's sexy. Looks like a dying mister Jonathan correct.
Speaker 3: I gotta look at it. No machine, Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, So they're done.
Speaker 6: Fox reportedly discovered something upsetting on his phone, and the two haven't seen each other since.
Speaker 2: Now we know what that was other women.
Speaker 6: When they went away for the Thanksgiving holiday, she became suspicious and decided to go through the phone. She apparently found textases from other women and decided that she was done and walked away.
Speaker 3: Well, it looks like every branch on the ugly tree.
Speaker 2: So I just watched her in a movie where she's a robot. So the wife, so it's the old hire, the hot robot made to take care of the kids because the mom is sick, so the mom is all sick, but she's the hot robot. And then she like overrides some of her protocols, so she reduces the sheuces the husband, and then the mom the sick. The sick mom and the and the husband have to get together and kill her. Oh wow, because she's a psycho robot. She's a hot psycho robot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she's basically a toaster. Why would you want to put that there? Really, it's electronic. Watch the movie.
Speaker 3: What's it on?
Speaker 2: What? Netflix?
Speaker 3: Okay? And what's it called?
Speaker 2: I forgot hot Robot? Just go Megan Fox hot robot.
Speaker 3: On the air? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yea hot robot Okay. I was just watching it to heaven in the background of doing some notes and working, and I ended up like stop typing watching it, going God, Megan Fox is so hot.
Speaker 3: I can't play music I could do. I'm shore prepping. It's got to be it, right, Megan Fox Robot headline.
Speaker 6: Taylor Swift reaches out to fans on socials for the first time since her tour wrapped.
Speaker 2: Uh click on it because it's Tata.
Speaker 6: May have said everything there was to say and sing on her tour, but after a few days of downtime. Fans that follow her were thrilled to see her post for the first time since the tour wrapped, alongside a carousel of tour pictures. She captained it with lyrics from her song all Too Well.
Speaker 2: It was rare. I was there. I remembered it heart emoji.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that's what hot robot.
Speaker 2: I told you. I told you, remember, don't dismiss and I know you guys, don't lie. I Dwight doesn't like her because I don't know why. But she gave one hundred and ninety seven million dollars to all the people that were on her, from the catering person to the truck driver to everybody.
Speaker 1: Biff Buyford from Saxon gave four hundred million to everybody that worked on their tour.
Speaker 2: I think he donated blood. Actually it was Oh I thought it was four hundred pennies.
Speaker 1: No, it was four hundred million. And they said that Saxon was the greatest band ever do blood.
Speaker 2: Bifferts doesn't have that kind of money. Biff Bill Bixby doesn't have that kind of money.
Speaker 3: I hate both of you with a passion, no ideas one more, None of.
Speaker 6: You all headline Frank Sinatra's daughter is fine with the Snoop dog AI commercial.
Speaker 3: I want to hear because I have no idea. What's uh? What kind of commercials this?
Speaker 2: Are you ready for?
Speaker 3: This one? No?
Speaker 6: AI is certainly a divisive topic, and AI reps of celebrities that have passed is probably one of the more controversial aspects. Count Tina Sinatra as a fan. However, her reaction to seeing her famous father Frank brought to life along with Sammy Davis Junior and interacting with Drey and Snoop and their still Gin commercial was all positive. She said, to see doctor Drey and Snoop Dogg alongside my dad and sam May Davis Junior in a revolutionary way is both thrilling and surreal. It's a celebration of timeless artistry, breaking barriers and the enduring legacy of collaboration across generally the.
Speaker 1: Only royalty this country has ever had. The chairman of the board Frank Sinat.
Speaker 2: And the Kennedys Uh Drey and Snoop Dogg, two names not involved in this pedophile scheme with.
Speaker 3: Diddy Boy, what is this damn gonna break?
Speaker 2: Beyonce is going to do Christmas Day football halftime show, and they just announced she was going to have extra time. But there are so many stories coming out of parties that she was at and jay Z and I'm like jay Z, So I'm saying, doctor Dre and Snoop are going to be the two guys that are like I told y'all, I told you all were crazy. All right, all guy or air give him a call two four four nine ninety nine two four four ninety nine ninety nine or Louisville Air dot Com if you need any heating and air, they'll take care of it. Plus they're they do plumbing also. But seriously, seventy eight bucks to clean your furnace. It's well worth it because you don't want to do two days in this weather without your furnace. Call Algeier or go to Louisville Air dot Com two four for ninety nine ninety nine. Seventy eight bucks gets the system clean. They might be able to do it today if you call early enough. So two four four ninety nine ninety nine, let's get done. Back after this on news radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 3: Oh my good stuff.
Speaker 1: This is Radio eight forty WHS war founded I think it's nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 3: Let's bring them in right now.
Speaker 1: Uh, Lonnie Jordan and is Jerry Goldstein with you as well?
Speaker 2: Right here?
Speaker 3: Oh you, hey, guys, good morning, how you doing? Good?
Speaker 8: Good? It is morning indeed in California every morning.
Speaker 1: Look, I want to get into this new Christmas song. But plus tour dates. I noticed you're only three dates in the States, and Louisville, Kentucky's going to be one of them. And then after that, looks like you guys are heading overseas, but you'll be playing here in Louisville, Kentucky where we're at on January seventeenth, one of only three dates in the States. I wouldn't miss this one, man. I'm excited to see you. Have you Have you done many dates in Kentucky?
Speaker 8: We have, I believe, if I'm not mistaken right after the lockdown, Okay, if I can remember correctly, But we have been there because I always asked the question about where whiskey was made.
Speaker 3: Well, we got plenty of bourbon here, I promise that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So so I know I've been there.
Speaker 1: I guess this question is for Lonnie, and then I want to get to this Christmas song. Because it's pretty spectacular.
Speaker 3: But I want to talk about Lowrider.
Speaker 1: Because, uh, I think it's fascinating because the story I get is that you guys, you get in the studio or maybe it's the garage wherever it was, and the band lays down a forty five minute track of just jamming and you have you have no idea what to do with it? Is that true? And if so take it from there, well.
Speaker 8: Let me let me say one thing and then I'm gonna give you absolutely Uh, the studio becomes our garage because yeah, yeah, we've been jamming. Uh, that's all we do. That's that's all we've ever done. One of the few seventies jam band back in the days, besides the Grateful Did, we are one of the jam bands. And Jerry Goldstein pushed a what we call what I call back then, the jam button. There's only one button that he would push and it was a damn But Jarry, you take it from there. It's record everything, yeah, including.
Speaker 5: The talking and everything. I just kept recording because you never know what these guys are going to come up with. And yes, it was a forty five minute track which I called Harold and Charles for lack of a better name. And you know, then there was a little there was like an eight minute segment in the middle of it that had like a cool groove, which I thought, which is Lowrider by the way, And I went, you know, guys, we cut a little cassette you know, of that section. I gave it to everybody before they left the studio. And then Charles came in first, and he was a lowrider by the way, and he had a lowritit car, and you know, he came in with an idea for the song. And his idea was like, if you want to do it right, do it in the morning, you know. And I'm I'm not sure if he's putting me on or he's serious, but I went, no, I don't think so. But I said, you know, you're a lowwriter. Let's write a song about list. Maybe this is a low writer song. Maybe we should write about low writers. And then everybody showed up at a different time that day, and you know, put their two cents into the lyrics, into the concept, and before you know it, we had Charles on the mic with a bunch of papers that had lyrics on him and he just started to sing low writer and actually in the next album whut We're putting out or it's called the fiftieth anniversary of Why Can't We Be Friends? There is the eight minute jam of all Withhold and a new mix.
Speaker 8: Yeah. And by the way, Charles Miller, he was the original saxophone player and the band, and he's a lyricist. He's the one who sing Lowwriter, that's his voice. And a couple of other songs that we did in the past, like where was You at uh, a couple of a couple of other songs. Yeah, that's exactly how it happened.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's crazy. I gotta I gotta ask you.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, you had you had success, commercial success, a great success with Why Can't We Be Friends? Spill the Wine, Cisco Kids, so many great songs summer which we're gonna hear kind of.
Speaker 3: Like a redo here in a minute.
Speaker 1: But I gotta think when Cheech and Chong puts this in their movie, there's two songs out of that movie Earache My Eye that everybody loves and then Lowrider Dwarfs that I kind of think it changes your all life almost overnight. With a new influx of new fans in mainstream or or did it.
Speaker 8: In a way it did.
Speaker 5: It took us to another level, you know, like people really would tell us boy like that, you know your song in the Sean movie and also George.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, yeah, that's what I forgot right.
Speaker 8: Six years you know Sitcom, you know, and then and then the Beastie Boys.
Speaker 3: Right and now drug Commercial.
Speaker 5: I just yeah, exactly, and don't forget flow Rider.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about this Christmas song because uh listen, Summer is Summer is another great.
Speaker 3: Uh uh war song.
Speaker 1: But let's hear a little bit of Christmas song real quick if you don't mind check this out. Absolutely, man, such a great sound, it's so unique.
Speaker 3: You guys are War.
Speaker 1: What makes you want to take the song Summer and spin it into a Christmas version?
Speaker 5: Well it's Jerry's fault, Yes, Jerry's Jerry take this.
Speaker 8: Record.
Speaker 5: The record company has been coming at me for years, you know, Rhino Wonner, you know, and they they've been saying, why did you do a Christmas ordering? You know, But we're a jam van and if we feel it, we'll do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you know, we're Lenny and our were in the studio doing something else, and you know, I came up with this, what would happen if we took the track to summer and wrote the Christmas lyric and then the Christmas and then the lyric came in like a half hour was done, you know, and then Lenney went on the mic and sang it, and we put some jingle bells on it, and you know a few of the little things and it sounded great. And I took it back to the work and coming and said, okay, here's your Christmas song, and everybody couldn't believe it. Nobody's ever done that before, you know, nobody's had to take it. I hit song that that was something else and made a Christmas song out of it. But we felt that that was more like our style of what to do than doing something old from somebody else's, you know, hard to put it in all greve. So we did a Christmas song and our groove and I said, you know, and that's us and that's.
Speaker 8: Our our groove and our mood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let me tell you, it worked out quite brilliantly if you ask me, because it sounds great and I want to I want to put Lonnie Jordan under the microscope and on the hot seat real.
Speaker 3: Quick, Lonnie.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, man, messing around, screwing stuff up.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about spill the wine.
Speaker 1: The story I get off spilled the wine is you guys are in the studio and you spill the damn wine. What's the story behind behind spill the wine? Is there truth to that or not?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Unfortunately?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Wait a minute, not only that, but a big bottle of wine.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, did it fry out the mixing board because you spilled it right on the mixing board, right, Okay, can't.
Speaker 5: Hear anything in the monitors, so you can't record, right. So and never told anybody because he was sort of embarrassed that he had done.
Speaker 8: Man, I was.
Speaker 5: And the next thing, and the next thing, it's like, the board is crackling, and we're up in while they hired a studio in San Francisco, and you know, the board is crackling and it crops out in the smoke coming at of it. It's gone, right, and so it's really gone. You can't work there anymore. So the next day while he put us in his new studio, which hadn't even been finished yet. Okay, but we were up there recording and we couldn't use the studio we wanted to use, which is, by the way, the studio that Creedan's Clearwater cut all their hits in, and so we went into this new studio that was really very live and that's why the Spilled the Wine Song is kind of live. And we all were laughing about it, and Eric and you know, like decided that we're going to do just Spilled the Wine Song and we actually put the put the Groove in, you know, and you know, he started to talk about what was going on in his head, you know, and that was spilled the.
Speaker 3: One talking with Jordan's true go ahead.
Speaker 1: True story, Jordan's go ahead, go Aheadny.
Speaker 8: Well, the groove actually came uh from a party that Eric and I were sitting down on the piano. There was one of one of Jerry's old parties with all the every other entertainer you can ever think of that was in one place that could have been the Grammy uh show. They were all there, but they weren't. They weren't in a Grammy mode. They were they were in a gram mode, but not.
Speaker 3: Weak.
Speaker 1: Speaking the party, I hate to end on a downer, but speaking of party too much. You guys were actually with Hendricks at Ronnie Scott's club the night that we lost the great Jimmie Hendricks, the night before we lost them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, he came.
Speaker 3: He came.
Speaker 8: Uh well, actually he was down there two nights in a row. He was down there on Tuesday without his guitar, and I asked him, where'd you geitar? You should be jamming the night, you know, because he knows we're a jam band, you know, And he said, I problemise, I'll bring it the next night. So he brought it Wednesday night and we jammed for a whole I think a whole hour. Uh. The phone called mother Earth by Memphis Slim, and it's ironically that's you know that the mother Earth kept stayed in my mind. And and you know he went back to mother Earth, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: When he always up, you got to go back to mother Earth.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the next night he gone, yeah, earl, last time he played guitar in public, and.
Speaker 3: You guys were with you.
Speaker 5: It was really tragic.
Speaker 8: Yeah, listen, we were at Ronnie Scotts for a week I think it was, and he came down this two nights.
Speaker 1: Well, Lonnie Jordan Jerry Goldstein with War. Thank you for all the years of music. And again I was shocked when I looked only three US dates so far.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, there'll be a whole year. Okay, but you got a preliminary Okay, okay, but.
Speaker 3: You will be here Europe.
Speaker 1: You'll be here jamming on January seventeenth, Paris Town Hall. And let me tell you, guys this new Christmas record.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: It's a spin on summer. Well done, I say, and I hope to see you on the seventeenth.
Speaker 8: And he goes, oh yeah, we'll see you and talk to it all.
Speaker 3: Right, see you guys there you go. Check out the new War song. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 1: Jerry, Lonnie, take care and I'll see on the seventeenth. Jeddy rais Baby, Where would I have been in Mexico without my Shady Rays? I took about Texa down with me. Yeah, it would be in Mexico, but I would be squinting.
Speaker 2: Put fifty cents in. Really, yes, he knows it, he knows it.
Speaker 3: Shady Rays.
Speaker 1: I love the color rush lenses doing Baby Woo. Everything so much more bright and beautiful, even the colors of the yellow lines on the road.
Speaker 3: They just pop out at you.
Speaker 1: You're gonna love your shady Rays looking for the perfect stocking stuff for goings you love?
Speaker 3: Now they got it.
Speaker 1: How about University of Little Fighting, Cardinal Shady Rays or Kentucky Shady Rays. All kinds of different styles to choose from.
Speaker 3: You're gonna love them. If you've got a golfer in your life, they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna love the green Wolf series specifically designed for golfers to track the ball. They have all kinds of great styles and uh lenses to choose from. A shady Raise. And here's the best part. Their idiot proof. And I'm an idiot. If you'll lose them, scratch and break them, or if Debbie from Sales steals them, they replace them. Shady Rays in the Oxmore Center online is Shady Rais dot com. Back to wrap it up in a couple of seconds or minutes, News Radio eight forty.
Speaker 2: W h A s all right, folks, we'll see you tomorrow. No no what we're gonna be at hearties tomorrow with USA cares.
Speaker 1: I know we are, but I want to say something. Finally, A place that you could trust, Oh did you hear me? A place that you could trust when it comes to maintenance or prevent a maintenance on your vehicle. Listen, folks, don't get ripped off. Go with a business that puts pride in their name Tony's break and alignment. Why is it they being family owned so important? Could y'all want to talk louder?
Speaker 3: Or can you? Can you?
Speaker 1: Because I'm sorry, No, I'm just saying I like to tell these folks about Tony's break alignment. Hey, I'm getting addicted tod of fame I'm putting in you.
Speaker 2: That's true. Actually, thank you bad Tony.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: Finally a place that you could trust when it comes to maintenance and prevented maintenance on your vehicle.
Speaker 3: Plus, they don't give you just a war.
Speaker 1: They give you a three year, thirty six thousand mile warranty on every single job they do. Put your mind at rest. Go with Louisville's best, and that's Tony's break in alignment. I will see you tonight at Tony Venetti's.
Speaker 3: What's this thing called again, Dave Coronation, Coronation Dave, I'll see it, Drake's. I'll see you there all right till tomorrow. That's audios, amigos.
Speaker 1: I love your Mob News Radio eight forty whas