Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family.
Speaker 3: Let's not play one on Tom.
Speaker 4: Let's I love writing me these guys after the show.
Speaker 3: So just thank you, give me are.
Speaker 5: Your attention, your fire a piss. This is world champion, Dodger, world champion. Put a small soft time. They get up people what they want to die too? In a row two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache. One of a con. This ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 2: Hell time go to the sun, grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven and go to the show.
Speaker 5: And now your host of Dodger Talk, David Basse, Welcome the Dodger Talk David bas Say live at Dodgers Stadium. After the Dodgers fall to the Nationals by a final score of seven to three, we're with you until eleven o'clock tonight eight six six nine to eight seven two five seventy. There were a lot of home runs hit tonight at Dodgers Stadium. These two teams combined to hit eight home runs, five by the Nationals and three by the Dodgers. The one that James would hit. Wow, that went very far. Four hundred and fifty one feet estimated distance, the longest home run hit at Dodger Stadium this season. And he may say, well, what about Otani home runs? What about the one that went on the concourse there in right field. Well, no, that was about three feet short according to statcast. But nonetheless, the Dodger pitching staff giving up five more home runs tonight, including two to Nathaniel Lowe. And the Dodger pitching staff has given up one hundred and two home runs this season. Last year they gave up one hundred and ninety eight. So those numbers could be skewed at times, especially when it's not your high leverage relievers. But the reality is the Dodger bullpen has given up more home runs than any other team in baseball. The Dodger bullpen has given up forty five home runs this season. That's not a trend or distinction. You want to have. Eight six, six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number we will hear from Jose Moda coming up in about twenty minutes. You will hear more from Mike shild who just won't let it go. Won't even let go of the nlds last year. So we'll let you hear what he had to say. But we want to get to this game and just what's going on with the team right now. First and foremost, Michael Confordo again gets another starting left field. Last night, he was oh for four. Tonight he's zero for two. He's now hitting one sixty three with an ops of five sixty six. This is starting to be hard to ignore as we are in the twentieth of day of June. Not sure when this is going to turn around, if it will turn around, but it's becoming harder to ignore. And Michael's a great guy. He's a better player, I keep saying this than what he has shown so far this year. But let's see how long the Dodgers continue to stick with him, even in matchups they believe that are favorable for him, instead of putting maybe Keke Hernandez in center or Hayes on Kim and center and sighting Paez to left field. Also, it is a little surprising is Freddie Freeman's June gloom. Freddy had an incredible month of May where he hit four oh nine and in the month of June. Now Freddie is hitting a buck ninety seven. That's seventy one at bats, and Freddie Freeman is hitting one ninety seven. I have said this time and time again. Great players don't all of a sudden become bad players for no reason overnight. There's got to be something ailing Freddie Freeman that he just will not give into and say, you know what, maybe the right ankle's not feeling great right now, or the quad that I aggravated in San Diego is compounding that, or you know, whatever it may be. But Freddie Freeman, even on his worst days, is not a one ninety seven hitter healthy. I mean, we saw what he did the first two months of the season. He's much better than this, and you just hope there is nothing physically wrong with him that he's not given into. And also what's shocking is eighteen strikeouts and only seven walks. This is all not Freddie Freeman. Let's head downstairs right now to hear from the future Hall of Famer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I can't speak for anybody else, but for myself. I haven't been very good for a while, so just trying to figure it out. Did the net drill many many times the last few days, but still not clicking. But a couple better swings to night, so hopefully I can build on that. It's sort of the same thing Q sixteen times over again in the last six weeks, so just waiting for it to click.
Speaker 1: How much responsibility does the top three in this lineup take?
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean, we've got a really good team top to bottom. Obviously we can get going at the top and makes it makes it a little bit tougher to pitch to our land. But you know, it's been a little bit of a grind for us the last few weeks, but I think we all believe in ourselves. It's obviously a little frustrating, but we'll get going. Is that first I've had like one of the good swits? No, that was a very good That was a push to the left field of just happened to go somewhere.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: The challenge with Irving, Oh, I don't man so in my head about my swing, trying to think about things right now, I don't know. I had fasts and curveballs, swing some changes below his own. I think it's true enough pictures to not hit.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: Clearly frustrated.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been frustrated about six weeks now, so it'll click at some point. Just keep grinding that. Yeah, swing's still in Arizona. I think.
Speaker 1: You still doing with the quod problem.
Speaker 6: No no aches, no pains. Only ache and pain is a swing.
Speaker 5: I don't believe you, Freddy. Your aches and pains have got to be affecting your swing a little bit. You're too good for hitting a buck ninety in any month of the season, but he's human and still with a buck ninety type of batting average. In the month of June, Freddy still has the second highest bat average in the National League, second only to his teammate Will Smith, who, after two more hits tonight, including a home run, is hitting three twenty eight. Shoho Tani also in a little bit of a funk in the month of June. He was zero for for tonight with two strikeouts. He seems to be trying to swing for the moon again, and when he does that, it doesn't work out well. And a guy that has been for the most part, very ordinary all season long offensively is Mookie Betts. I mean, everybody keeps on focusing on the defense of Mookie Bets. But the offense hasn't been there. The defense has been fantastic, but the offense has been very average. Mookie's only hitting two fifty five this season. His ops is very average two seven thirty two. So you know, out of the three MVPs, Mooki has been the most ordinary. And you kind of feel like he's been playing uphill ever since he had that stomach illness in Tokio where he said he lost somewhere between fifty and twenty pounds. He just looks not as strong as we saw him last year. So it might be a blessing in disguise that he may not be on the All Star team this year. And if I'm the Dodgers, I'm hoping he's not on the All Star team so he can regroup at the All Star break, get some rest, maybe be able to get some of that weight back on, and be fresh and ready to go the second half of the season. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number Dodgers fall to the Nationals tonight, seven to three. Let's go out to the phone, So Colin, can you punch up Manuel and Sam Bernardino for us? Please?
Speaker 4: Yo, davy.
Speaker 5: Yo, what's up Manuel, just trying to get this game.
Speaker 9: You know today, whatever happens today is over with tomorrow. We got a little TONI you know, I'm looking you know, you know I'm a little with you know, we kind of save our bullpen the last couple of days, so maybe we have someone to back them up tomorrow for maybe a possible win for Otani, maybe first winter receison. I don't want to sell a little far fitched, but what.
Speaker 8: Do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't count against that, especially against one of the worst teams in baseball. Probably Ben Casparraus will be lurking after Otani like he was the last time he pitched. We haven't seen Ben since then. So yeah, everybody's super excited that Otani is pitching. But you know, again, I don't want this to become just about Otani. It's about the Dodgers, and I know that's what he's about, and I know the focus we'll be on him on the days that he pitches. But it's not just about Otani. It's about the guys in the bullpen. It's about the guys on the field. It's about the other starting pitchers as well. So you just want it all to come together and not compromise every other day that he's not pitching. And I'm looking forward to seeing what he's got tomorrow after getting his feet wet, pitching in a major league game for the first time in what almost two years, So we'll see what he's got tomorrow. I would imagine that since he went one inning and twenty eight pitches in his first start, this can go to two to three innings and be somewhere between forty five and fifty pitches. That's usually the progression. Let's go out to Mission Viejo. Bill, you're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 7: Bill, Hi, thanks for taking my call. Yeah, that's seven home runs in the last two games they've given up to the Nationals, so hopefully that can improve. As you're describing the bullpen's allowance of home runs and the starters, and I'm wondering, is Otani a little bit in a slump himself. We're mentioning Freddie and Mookie, but it has been a home run in a while. Again, is it just did the ebb and flow of the season.
Speaker 5: Well, a, yes, it is the ebb and flow of a sea. He's in and Yeah, he's been in a little bit of a funk uh recently as well, So it's it's part of it. But you have to, uh, you have to give kudos to the rest of the lineup because it is a lineup. Not always are the same guys going to be hot. And the seven eight nine hitters really carry the Dodgers during the Padres series, along with Will Smith and Max Munsey. I should say the sixty seven eight nine hitters because Munsey was a big part of that as well. Thanks for the phone call, Bill, appreciate it. Eight six six eight seven two five seventy Dodgers fall to the Nationals seven to three tonight. Let's go out to Westwood ssan. You're on Dodger Talk with David Vasse.
Speaker 10: Hey, Dave, I just had a quick question. It was just about Mookie Betts. I know you mentioned he's been slumping this year.
Speaker 7: My question is I.
Speaker 5: Didn't say slumping. I said he's been average.
Speaker 10: He's been average. Yeah, sorry about that. I mean to put words in your mouth, but was it Would it be an overreaction to consider putting someone like Will Smith, Randy pa has betting second until MOOKI really figures it.
Speaker 3: Out this season.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it, all right, thank you for the phone call. Well, I'm curious to see where sho Heo Tani is batting tomorrow. Is Otani going to lead off again tomorrow with him going a little bit deeper in the game, or is Dave Roberts going to keep him as the leadoff hitter. That'll be part of it. And the reason why I bring that up is I wouldn't be opposed to having Mookie Betts lead off on those days because maybe he becomes more aggressive. I thought Mooki had really good at bats, but not a lot to show for it in San Diego because he was aggressive early in the count and he was trying to pull the ball for power. So I thought in that series in San Diego, he looked like himself, but unfortunately didn't have the results to show for it. And Mookie's again that needs to see results, as we all do if you're playing sports. So hopefully he's not getting down on himself because that tends to happen when he's not getting results. And maybe I need to record that hype video for him that we were talking about. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk when we continue more of your phone calls at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. I have an update on Alexis Dias on Tyler Glass now and also Mike Shilt, the Padres manager just won't let it go. Still very salty. The Dodgers beat them in the NLDS last year. We'll let you hear what he had to say, uh before yesterday's game as well. Dodgers fall to the Nationals tonight, seven to three. More Dodger Talk on the other side right here on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy, online LA Sports dot com and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger Talk with David Bassi. Here comes the pitch, swung on and drilled to center and teap this Paul heading back to the wall. This Paul is gone home run. Will Smith dead center field. That's his ninth of the season and it is three to two. Will Smith one of three Dodgers to homer tonight. Smith, Pajez and Tioscar Hernandez all went deep for the Dodgers, but they fall to the Nationals, who hit five home runs tonight, seven to three. The final score eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number that was Smith's fourth home run this month. He is hitting two ninety one with an ops of nine fifty seven. After a red hot May he hit three seventy and an ops of one thousand. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast go to AM five to seventy. LA sports dot Com used the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number I mentioned. I had an update on reliever Alexis Diaz, the former All Star closer with the Reds just two years ago, who the Dodgers acquired for basically nothing. And Alexis Diaz has now made two scoreless appearances for Oklahoma City, including tonight closing out the ninth inning for his first save with Oklahoma City. So that's great news. And obviously, you know it looked like the pitches had some life on him and movement on it. So he must be doing something right to get back on track. And I would expect to see Alexis Diaz if he continues to pitch this way with the Dodgers in the next couple of weeks. Speaking of Oklahoma City, Tyler Glass Now is going to be making his first rehab start since going on the IL for Oklahoma City tomorrow. That is great news for glass Now and the Dodgers. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. We'll get back to your calls in a moment, but I want to share this with you because Mike Shilt just won't let it go. He won't let it go and keeps answering questions about Dave Roberts and him, not about the Dodgers and Padres, more about him and Dave Roberts. Here is what he had to say yesterday before the game when he was asked whether or not it's personal now between him and Dave Roberts. Take a listen.
Speaker 1: Has have become personal like me and him or the Padres versus Dodgers. Yeah, another good question, you know, I'm competing for our team. You know, there's some history that's very public, you know, with what happened last year with Manny that I took exception to, and so you know, I handled that very privately. This got to be more public, and it's ultimately about you know, the defensive of our team and anybody that is gonna, you know, take the steps.
Speaker 11: That I feel are inappropriate against our team, then then I will, uh, I will take action. But you know, I don't not a personal guy. You know, I don't take any I'm not a grudge guy. But I am a foxhole guy.
Speaker 5: You will trust in many situation with thought privately as human doctors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was public on his side, but you know, listen, that's what earned the bridge and and you know I handle my things privately.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Mike's just said two things that contradict his actions and his words. He said he's not a guy that holds grudges, but he's still talking about Game two of the NLDS last year. But he doesn't hold grudges, but he's still bringing it up now in twenty twenty five. Explain that to me, Mike Shilt, You're not a guy that holds grudges, but you're still bringing up something that happened last October out of the blue. And you're a guy that you know, doesn't they take things personal. It sounds like you're taking things very personal, very personal, and that's fine. It is personal now between the Dodgers and Padres, and when August fifteenth rolls around, this is not going to go away. They're not just going to forget about it there. It is going to be high intensity. And what Mike Shilt is referencing between Doc and Many Machado is the fact that Many Machado threw a ball towards Dave Roberts, who was standing in the dugout here at Dodgers Stadium in Game two of last year's NLDS, and before Game three I asked Dave Roberts about it. Here's what he had to say, Dave, last night, did the ball that Machado threw into your dugout almost hit you? And did you feel like that should have been an ejection because Trip Gibson went over there right away to try to intervene, But that seemed to be what sparked the giwing between Flaherty and Machado. Did it almost hit you. Well, did you know that? I didn't know.
Speaker 12: I didn't notice it at the time. I really didn't. I didn't notice it. I did see the video and it was it was unsettling. Obviously I have a relationship with Manny from from years past. There was intent behind it. It didn't amost hit me because there was a net and that was very bothersome. It's it's if it was intended at me, i'd be very it's it's it's it's pretty disrespectful. So I don't know his intent. I want to speak for him, but I did see the video and the ball was directed at me with something behind it, So but I don't know what led to that. I didn't see it in real time, but I did see the video.
Speaker 5: Did you feel after seeing the video he should have been ejected for that?
Speaker 12: I don't think they should have had a little arm around each other conversation. If players can throw balls out of opposing managers.
Speaker 5: You know, Yeah, who was putting his arm around Manny Machada? Was it old friend Trip Gibson, who was at third base that night? Yeah, Trip Gibson. There's a reason why LA knows his name really well. Anyway, is that why Mike Schiltz upset because Dave Roberts answered a question that was asked to him in a press conference. I mean, I was surprised when I asked him that question. Nobody else did before the end of the press conference, and that's when I felt compelled to ask Dave Roberts that question. So Mike Schildt says he doesn't hold grudges, but he's bringing up things that happened last October, which clearly tells us that he's still stewing over the fact that the Padres blew that NLDS and the Dodgers took it from them to win the World Series. And also, Mike shild after the other night said that he's an old school guy, believes in old school baseball. Well, if he's an old school guy, then he would realize that you only get one shot to retaliate against one of the best players in baseball, and that's not what Randy Vasquez did. It took him two tries to hit sho Heo Tani. And if Mike Shilt's an old school guy, he would realize that old school baseball unwritten rules say when you're trying to intentionally hit a batter. You don't go close to the head. And that's exactly where Robert Suarez went. So a lot of contradictions coming from the Padres manager these days. Can't wait to see him in August. Eight six six nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers fall to the Nationals tonight seven to three. Let's go out to Darryl in Palmdale. You're on Dodger Talk with David Vasse. I mean, did I miss anything there, Darryl?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you win something, you lose some. But the Big Three, the Big Three days, you know, they got a game, they got up. Uh, they need to move them, move them around a little bit. Mookie, he can lead on so that show, hey won't be getting all the breaking stuff, you know. But uh, all right, now I think you didn't hear them a bit.
Speaker 5: I thought we were listening and we were just talking. And now you're just going back to three really good players in a little mini slump. Now goodbye. Eight six six nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. See, that's when somebody just talks at you. Nobody's listening. You're just talking at me, all right, let's go out to Agora. J T. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, Mike, Mike shilt he just he's gonna lose his job. It's just so he's just fighting to keep his job. If Dave Roberts continues to own him, you know, with the season series and in the playoffs coming up, he'll be gone, just like all the other managers in the West once they faced the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: So, but uh, yeah, that was a great invidrey managers. How many managers have the Padres had since Dave Roberts has been the Dodger manager for ten years, Andy Grain, Jase Tingler, and I'm now Mike Schiltz. So they've gone through three managers while the Dodgers have only had one. Maybe they that might be some sort of a tip that they are so emotional on trying to find anything that works to beat the Dodgers and it's only worked once and they lost in the next round. Anyway, go ahead, JT.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 8: Dave Roberts has a really great opportunity right now at this point in the season. I think you made a great point earlier. I do think that there should be an adjustment. I know what you're saying, it's only on show Hayes pitching days, but I think show Hayes batting two twenty seven with runners in scoring position this year, I think he needs to be in more opportunities to drive in runs and so an adjustment to the lineup might be important. And also I think the manager needs to have a little bit more of a say in show Hayes workload. What I mean by that is show hay never takes a day off. And I know that's because I know that's because he's a DH, but like when you're preparing mentally to pitch, maybe he gets a day off before pitching, you know, or maybe he gets there's a day off. They could get him once in a while. He never sits. But also Conforto I think needs to go. As much as he made a great play in the field yesterday, he failed against the Mets, his old team, and against the Nationals. You think that because you know this, You think that he would do well against teams that he faced over and over again in the NL East. But he is just not making you know. Something's off with him.
Speaker 5: Something is off with him because he doesn't even resemble the guy we saw with the Giants last year, and he wasn't even that great with the Giants last year. He was much better away from Oracle Park. He was solid. I mean, he hit twenty home runs last year. But something's going on with him as well, and corrections and retractions. It's been four managers for the Padre since Dave Roberts has been the one manager for the Dodgers the last ten years, Andy Green, Jase Tingler, Mike Shilt, and before Shilt, it was Bob Melvin who jumped ship for the Giants. That's how bad he wanted out of San Diego, the best city in America. He wanted out to go manage the Giants. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Long Beach. Alex. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Alex?
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm doing fine. I just wanted to talk about.
Speaker 5: I catch you off guard, Alex because you called me.
Speaker 4: I know I've been on hold for a little bit, but I'm on guard now.
Speaker 5: Okay, great, Okay, wait, I wanted to.
Speaker 4: Talk about Dustin May. Is that okay with you?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 5: That is?
Speaker 4: I just wanted to say, Okay, cool, He's hitting a lot of batters, he's walking a lot of batters, he's giving up a lot of home runs. Why are we putting up with him? He's a lousy pitcher this season.
Speaker 5: See, I knew you were going to have a very condescending attitude when you called in and you weren't ready to speak right away to the people of La Number one. Do you realize Dustin May and Yama Modo are the only two Dodgers starters that have made every start this season on their turn? Do you realize Dustin May has gone into the sixth inning nine out of his fourteen starts, including going six tonight. Availability is a big thing these days, Alex. And it's not like he's been horrible. The most runs he's given up in one start this year is six. Outside of that, it's been basically somewhere between two and four.
Speaker 4: What's his era?
Speaker 5: Is era coming into the game today was three forty seven and tonight he only gave up two runs? Is that there's two runs too many for you in a start that goes six innings?
Speaker 4: Right now? I think it's over four, isn't it like four point five?
Speaker 5: It is four forty six.
Speaker 4: Now, well that's not great.
Speaker 5: It's not great, But here's a guy that wh would you Okay, since you have all the answers, Alex, you want to just say Dustin May thanks a lot for being available for every one year starts and keeping the Dodgers in the game. You're you're out. Go to Oklahoma City, maybe even Tulsa. If Alex was Andrew Friedman, who is taking his spot in the rotation.
Speaker 4: Well I'm sure he could find another guy that has a four point five.
Speaker 5: Tell me who it is, Tell me who it is, really, tell me who you want to please multiple people. This conversation's over. Should have known you weren't ready and you're not ready for the big leagues either, Alex. Come back when you have some answers instead of just disparaging guys that have been out there every single start since the beginning of the season and have hung in there. I'm not saying he's been fantastic or great or any of that, but there's something to be said for being available and being available and pitching effective. He must be doing something right if he's pitching into the sixth inning nine different times this year. And I love Long Beach. I love the people of Long Beach. Eight six six two five seventy is the phone number. Let's cleanse our palate with the great Jose Mota. It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota. All right on the heels of that fantastic positive phone call, Jose, Maybe you why don't we, uh, why don't we put into context Dustin May's season? How would you put it into context?
Speaker 2: A couple of things. Number one, for Dustin I remember he had never made these many starts of the season. Okay, that that's the main thing. It's not excused he has not done it. Dustin May has been a bullpen saver, okay. Dustin May has given the Dodgers five inuties every single start minimum, okay, and then out he's like tonight where he doesn't get run support. Look a little worse because he gave up some home runs. It's gonna happen to the best of them. I mean, go ask Kurt Shirley about home runs. And in other words, I mean, this guy is just threading water that he has not been with his Velocity's fine, maybe the lots of the faust is not the same, but man, you got to tip your head anybody that goes out there in modern day baseball six innings, three runs allowed to four and a half ERA. But it's more than acceptable because Zadgier's offense is going to score a lot of runs when they don't though obviously he needs to make better pitches. But I think one thing, one thing he's learning right now, Dave is pitching as the lineup turns around. There's way more information on him than ever before, more innings, more stars than ever before. But the stuff is allowing you to stay in games, and he continues to eat up some innings for you.
Speaker 5: And when you look at it, a quality starts six innings and three earned runs or less, and that equals out to a four and a half R. So I would say Dustin May is doing a pretty good job.
Speaker 2: He's railway needs to be considering that the guy had a live scare number one that's surgeon esophagus and then a couple of innovations in his arm. And we see a guy that battles and he's very emotional. He got a big jam today and he is the one picture also and not gonna put Yama Malta in that start too. And that line has found a way to almost relieve himself, meaning he's he's your best reliever when he needs to out there and know it. As the season goes along, he needs to keep an eye on what teams were doing second time, you know, hopefully some time around because as when you have to make the biggest suggestment. And one thing I love or Hershawdzer years ago was is a sinker ball pitcher and somebody that's it's more of a you know, a running fastball than a sinker has some tilt to it. But he is going to find a way to say, you know what, sometimes less is better and that ground ball can get early in account is going to be better. He does need the bottom of his zone. There's no doubt he needs a bottom of a zone for that fire fast will be effective. But nonetheless, I'll say it again, this guy's given you every chance to win every time out and he is allowing you to say some arms out of that bullpen.
Speaker 5: Jose Mota is joining us after the Dodgers fall to the National seven to three. Jose, you know I was around Adrian Gonzalez for all of his Dodge your career, and you know he was a tactician. As a hitter, he knew himself really well. And when I hear Freddy Freeman talk and he's talking about his swing and he's sitting over three twenty something and obviously having a struggle this month, he reminds me of Adrian in the fact that they are so hard on themselves even when they're going good.
Speaker 2: That's why they're so good, because they're never satisfied. And listening to Freddy, he has been so consistent since his based in Atlanta, when he would just tell himself, I'm getting the hits, but I'm not I'm not there yet. I mean, there's no better way to ask that he doesn't get fooled into results. He wants to see the process both of the way he should now Freddy, it's also a guy who likes to play every day. He takes a lot of pride in that Freddy likes to play defense and he doesn't just stand there and wait for the ball to get there and have no rich He plays defense hard and he runs a base is hard. And I think from what I'm seeing is yes, he mentioned his swing, which is as he said as rotational. Obviously is not his swing, but we said a lout this. You know the way they're pitching to him when you're letting out there. There's no doubt in my mind, and I've seen so many years that your your swing get is affected and the ankle and the quad. Even though he doesn't he says there's no pain, there's no bother. I mean, at some point you don't think about it because you're treating it. But maybe strength wise, reactionis a quick twitch is not there and it doesn't affect you. But Freddie has done it before. He's a guy that does not use a lot of loading up or like kicked and things like that, and that's why his legs are even more important from other guys. But it's gonna take a couple of bloopers going the other way from just find that swing again because he just knows himself and he's way too good and understanding that he's honest with his evaluations, making even more dangerous because we know it's going to be there all right.
Speaker 5: Hose Tomorrow afternoon show, hay Otani is going to make his second start as a Dodger pitcher, a two way player, second time on the home stand. That fans are going to be able to see that what do you believe is a real, realistic expectation after one inning the first time? Do you feel like three innings is realistic at all?
Speaker 2: According to our show, he does the first couple of innings. I'm gonna say the first inning, mainly because obviously he was way amped up. The twenty eight pitches. He made one trick swing that would didn't go his way. That's water into the bridge he left the run. But even though he hit a lot of movement on that fast but which he's been working for so long, I like to see more for seamers tomorrow. I'd like to see him just get a feel for command of that four seamer both sides of the play, especially the loveside where he was yankee pitches. What is yankee meaning? You were throwing to throw it so hard, to be so perfect that you end up throwing across your body too much, and even though the ball moves, it's just not where you wanted to go. So I'd like to see that four seamer get established tomorrow and just forget about velocity, forget about anything else but just getting through innings with quality pitches and allow your defense to work for But I know that he is shooting. He really wants to go up and get three an the dogar no doubt.
Speaker 5: Would you expect him to lead off tomorrow, Dave Roberts left the door open. As this continues to progress, he may, you know, consider moving Otani down in the lineup to give him a chance to catch his breath.
Speaker 2: I I see him leading off. I don't see any changes coming just because of this or what happened the other time. He's done his entire career pretty much, and at this point I'll see why change. It could happen. It would be great, but I'm gonna affect it to happen, Dave.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jose can't wait to see you. Tomorrow should be another fun day at the ballpark with Otani on the mound.
Speaker 2: Okay, how he got the Thomas I got.
Speaker 5: Though, when else not? Chez Jose part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast. And by the way, I paid my bet today. I did bring the tacos for Pepe and Ingas. I placed them right where he sits, and I let him decide whether or not he was going to share with Jose and Luis Cruz and his producer engineer Ephrin. But Pepe, the great guy teammate that he is, he shared with everybody, and it seemed like Cochito was very happy with the tacos. I mean he was. He was asking me for the tacos. I said, Hey, I didn't make the bet with you. I made it with Pepe. It's up to him to decide if he's gonna share anyway. That'll do it for us. Tonight on Dodger Talk Tomorrow, Otani on the mound for the Dodgers. Enough said right there, going up against Michael Soroka, He's three and five with an ERA of five zero six. Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at noon tomorrow with first pitch at one ten. Tim Kats will be hosting Dodger Talk on Getaway Day. I'll be on the sidelines Dugoutside for Sports Net LA. Kirsten Watson will be in studio, and we hope you join us here on a five seventy LA sports and Sports Net LA for what should be another fun, eventful day at Dodger Stadium. Show Aotani the two way player on the mound for the second time this homestand thanks to Colin ye back at our Burbank studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodgers Stadium, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show or our pregame conversation with legend the comment hey song Kim, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. Once again. The final score tonight from Dodgers Stadium. The Dodgers fall to the Nationals seven to three. Have a great rest of your night. We'll talk to you tomorrow. See ya.