Speaker 1: Son's coming up.
Speaker 2: Coffee is porn strong, It's talkin tigers all morning long, Saints sixceed headlines on the screen, bringing it down with a little caffee.
Speaker 1: Grab Yoma, come on in, let's wake this day and let it begin.
Speaker 3: It's more, It's gone everybody o Coffee's home and the news is gone proople, gold fucking gold stories waiting to be told from bad news.
Speaker 1: Ten lads talking sports and everything between.
Speaker 3: We got smiles. Let's get it all.
Speaker 1: Start your team with Morning sco It's moll in scale, everybody.
Speaker 2: Own coffees hot and the news it's done her both gold blacking goal stories waiting in timmy tones.
Speaker 3: From bathrooms to new lads.
Speaker 2: Talking sports and everything between.
Speaker 3: We got smile.
Speaker 1: Let's get it all.
Speaker 3: Start Morning.
Speaker 1: Where Okay, what's up everybody? Good morning? Welcome to a Monday edition.
Speaker 4: Of Morning Scone presented by Brock the Baton Rouge Or with Peeda Clinic, Parish Construction and Roofing. Remember if you need north Ptist, you got a Brocknny roof You call Perish Unique physic Unique Aesthetics and Wellness.
Speaker 1: Restored Motions, Restored Motions dot Com, Bocock Brothers premium cigars code Matt fifteen Matt fifteen Matt one five fifteen percent off your order and fm O L Health our Lady of the Lake Championship Health partner of LSU Athletics.
Speaker 4: Okay, good morning, y'all. LSU just out there trying to make the whole world hate them. In case you missed a day, Kwon Wright his agents have announced that after being waived by the Cleveland Browns, if he clears waivers, which he will, he will join the LSU football program, which we've kind of been talking about here for quite a while now. There's a couple of components of this. There's the should LSU go this route, and then there's how he impacts the team. So the should LSU go this route is certainly up for debate. I think you know my feeling on it, which is and has been. I've long held that the adults in the room can fix all this. It would be very easy for Wade Ruse, for Josburry Lane Kiffen All to say no, the NCAA's rules you in eligible, you can't play.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 4: Ls who needs tight end help and they got an injunction, and so Daquon Wright is eligible under the injunction, and so.
Speaker 1: They're going to play him.
Speaker 4: Same thing for Junior to Alamaca, same thing for Jack Pieburn, which I think will also happen next weekend after the Bucks final preseason game. Anticipating that Jack will get waived and he'll clear waivers. I've been told he will not sign to a practice squad, so he will rejoin LSU, provided he gets waved and clears waivers, so which I think will happen. So, and I don't think they're done. Told you they'll add more so the twenty twenty two classes Gray, and I think there's still a lot of misunderstanding. Actually did a locked down episode on this last night, so it's live now if you want to go check out. I did an episode on dayquon right specifically, but then I did another episode on LSU and Lane kivin kind of being vilified because everyone's looking at this saying, oh, of course it's Lane, of course it's Lane, And I understand that because this is high profile. But there have been eighteen lawsuits with one hundred and fifty two hundred players involved requesting these tros. Some have returned to their original school, some have transferred to linebacker from James Madison, who transferred to UCLA as Bob Chesney's the new coach there. It's no different than Dayquon Wright following his coach to his new destination, which is not as high profile as Daiquon Right. So the idea of guys who wore an NFL uniform playing in college again makes me a little queasy, like I'm sure it does all of you. I also look at the twenty twenty two class and it's and I get there, are I understand their argument?
Speaker 1: I do? I understand their argument.
Speaker 4: I think the NCAA had the clearest path here to give a blanket waiver to the twenty twenty two class, which they should have done, and instead, now they've got a mess and they're gonna go to court.
Speaker 1: They're probably gonna lose a bunch.
Speaker 4: They might win some, but it's going to be time consuming and expensive and in a mess. Now, on the field, day Kwon Wright is undeniable because you don't have a tight end and you're gonna say, well, traded his greens in All American preseason.
Speaker 1: He is, but he's also a receiver. He's not a tight end. He doesn't play the position traditionally, they're going to move him all over the field and after that.
Speaker 4: Zach Grace did not record a statistic at Oregon a year ago. He is an h back, He's a blocker. J Delafloura, redshirt A. Jay c Anderson's a true freshman. Malachi Thomas. They do not feel like he's ready. He was a depth piece, so day Kwon Wright played four years of major college football too, at Virginia Tech, the last two at Old Miss. He knows this offense. He's plug and play. He had six hundred receiving yards last year. He's six four, two fifty five. Like he's the guy who caught the pass that was ultimately ended the game against LSU last year and when they went forward on a fourth down. If you remember, he's a great player and fits this offense and fills.
Speaker 1: A need that LSU has.
Speaker 4: And I told you last week that even with all the piber and conversation, what I was told is that Kiffen and Weiss really prioritized Daquon right. He was actually he was their number one target. So they got the guy they wanted. And I don't think they're done. Okay, please mass a light, but subscribe to the channel Facebook like The Patriot, The Post podcasts, describing your favorite podcast that greatest leave review, say some good mornings here, Hey Michael, good morning. I feel too confident with our Saints place kickers. Should they bring another tribes before the season begins? Yes, Fabian, By the way, you should. The old adage in the NFL is you're either getting better you're getting worse.
Speaker 1: You're never staying the same.
Speaker 4: So if you're not happy with the position group that you have, go bring in people to compete at that position.
Speaker 1: They did it yesterday.
Speaker 4: They traded Dion Jones to San Francisco for Zamir White. Their payper thin at running back right now with all the injuries. Kamara devinkneel down like you certainly don't want to have trives eighth out the shoulder that load right now. I mean it's preseason, it's training camp. So they traded theon Jones for as Amir White dad running back depth. They got better at a position where they needed help. Yes, they should go out a kicker, Fabian Arno mor To Matt, I gotta love the national hate lsues getting probably means they're doing a great job. Well, what's going to be really interesting, Fabian and I would put this on everyone's radar. I think today you're going to have another big wave of lawsuits nationally, Like, don't be surprised if that happens today, because think of it this way. All Right, we've already seen a path back into college for some of these NFL guys. Friday, Saturday of this weekend, you're going to see a whole wave of people cut from NFL rosters. Well, if they get cut on Saturday, they can't start the process of filing for a tro a week from today. That's the week of the first game, So they're gonna do that now. I mean expect a lot of those lawsuits today and this week. Hey Brian, good morning from Bluffton, Indiana. I love when everybody hates on Elishuko Tigers Seth. Good morning, Steven. Thanks for the Tierra drinking game last night. What's the Tierra drinking game? Devin, Texas Tech moviside. We got this.
Speaker 1: They hate us. People just want an excuse to hate Lane Kiffin.
Speaker 4: Man, he's a convenient target. He's been in the public eye for a long time, and so naturally he's going to be the poster child for what's happening right now, and that's an earned reputation, by the way, Hey, Trivia, good morning, Kevin, Good morning, Curious Cajun, Good morning, King Jaeger. How much worse can the situation and say lawsuits get? Oh, I think it can get way worse because, like I just said, I mean keep in mind, like if you think so, we're everyone's focusing on the LSU, the Louisiana tro right, but Russ Elder told you last week on AFR there's been eighteen lawsuits where student athletes are fouled for tros, involving two hundred players. So you can focus on LSU, but it's it's happening all over and it's going to get way worse today, worse, but whatever, There's going to be more lawsuits to day and this week you can book that that's gonna happen. Christian, Good morning, las US the first team to Tampa with an NFL team, Yeah, sure, Jacob Adam, good morning, Happy week zero.
Speaker 1: I've got LSU finishing in the top three and the SEC have an awesome day.
Speaker 4: Trivia, yes, thank you, please smatch that, like but if you would, Cody never thought I'd see that video title wild Times Brother, Oh Browns to l s U. So I did the episode I did on Locked On of a Daikwon right the the the thumbnail put Browns to l s U. Hey Brad, good morning, Cajun. Why week zero? Here we go? Hey Dad, Good morning, Captain Boudreau. My son Bo says good morning. Well, good morning, Bo. I hope you have an awesome day getting ready for school. I would guess make sure you pay attention to your teachers and participate in class, and be nice to all your friends. And there's probably a kid that's not the most popular kid in class. Be nice to that kid too, especially, be nice to that kid. Hey club, good morning, Hey Bradlin morning. I wonder have we really absorbed the fact that Lane Kiffin is the LSU head coach, one of the top coaches in the SEC. About take the field of LSU's still crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 4: It'll probably it'll really hit when you see him run out tunnel for the first time. Like I remember watching Brian Kelly as the LSU head coach was a little surreal too, you know, And he had the purple DVisor on in the game.
Speaker 1: In the Supernome against Florida State, Like, yeah, that's the thing. Look, Brian Kelly's the coach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure it'll be the same thing when Lane runs out time against Clemson, Jacob. I hope ELSU has enough roster spots. So that's the other part of this to keep in mind as well, is you can't keep adding without cutting, without subtracting, and so I would fully expect that you're the more they keep adding, you will see players no longer with the team, and they'll justify it however they need to. But you know, if it's you know, it's cutting from the bottom basically, and in an era where guys are where like everyone is getting paid, I just don't have as much sympathy for guys getting cut, especially when players have the opportunity to leave every year. So like in a different era, when guys are just on scholarship and you brought them in and you recruited them all that stuff, and then you got right to the start of the season and you were going to cut him, well, that would that would really stink. This is different, just different. If NFL team picks up pieburn on waivers, he has to go no, so well, let me put it to you this way, like if to put in a waiver claim, you have to add the person to your active roster, to your fifty three.
Speaker 1: And nobody's going to do that.
Speaker 4: So so Jack Pieburn will clear waivers. And provided he's waived by Tampa, he will clear waivers. So if you're asking right now, oh, you ask about Pieburn, But if you ask about like da Kwon right, like da Quon Right's going gonna clear waivers, there's no team that's going to sign him to their fifty three. So and I've been told that that will clearly Rosenhaus told you in the statement from Schefter that.
Speaker 1: He's going to go to clear's waivers, is going to go to LSU.
Speaker 4: And I've been told Jack Pieburn will not sign a a.
Speaker 1: Practice squad deal.
Speaker 4: So if he's waived this weekend by Tampa and he is not claimed and added to a fifty three man.
Speaker 1: Roster, that he will be back at LSU.
Speaker 4: Hey, Sylvanian Tierro's with this arisdoffle back of cash, Chris Good more than let me get this right. It's okay when UCLA and Texas do it, but it's a problem in LSU.
Speaker 1: Does it well?
Speaker 4: The one thing about So for Texas, for example, You're right, so Texas resigned one of their offensive linemen who was in camp with the Dallas Cowboys, and the linebacker from James Madison transferred to to UCLA, the two we talked about. But he was also part of the Louisiana last you last week to get the TIERRO. Some people maybe argue that it's not the same because the offensive lineman Texas, Chris Hudson, just went back to Texas. He didn't transfer. So that's the other component of this as well. Greg Sankie's been pretty adamant about the intra conference transfer rule, and I'm sure else she was gonna have to fight that from the league. But does the league actually have the authority to punish or anything like that. That remains to be seen. Hey Buzzman, good morning to Matt and Drew. Much love, thank Man.
Speaker 1: Same to you.
Speaker 4: Hey Donnie, good morning, mister fiel good more than Matt our GPAs and grades I think in college sports anymore or is it just not mentioned? I mean, yeah, you do have to stay eligible, but most players, now I shouldn't say most. There are a lot of players that take online courses.
Speaker 1: Stu.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Mary, good morning. Hey you just got a bad case the Munday's Jack Frost. How will they make roster spots? Yeah, I just kind of talked about that. They are they're going to cut and there are guys on the team right now who are like, let me give you anything. I use this example and lockdown. So I'll give it here. So think about Damian Shanklin for example. And I want to be very clear, I do not know that this is going to happen. I'm just giving you an example of something that could. Okay, so Damian Shanklin, Lane Kifvens said, is not currently with the team. I've been told that that is a discipline issue. Okay, it is not playing time or anything like that. That is a discipline issue with Shanklin. If I can get something concrete, I'll certainly pass it along. As to what that was, I've been working on that for two weeks now. But it is a discipline issue with Shanklin. They could, in theory dismiss him and that frees up a spot. Again, I don't know if they're gonna do that. If they want to do that, so take that for what it's worth. But just as as an example of okay, well, if they had one spot available and they filled that with Junior to Alamaka and now they need a second spot for uh for DAYK one. Right, well, there's an example of how you can do it. All right, hang on one to say it.
Speaker 3: Ver Ris Construction everything that Parish We got you covered.
Speaker 2: From the top of your roof.
Speaker 3: All the way. Then there Ris Construction and risk downs.
Speaker 1: H okay, all right, y'all Parish Construction roof.
Speaker 4: You remember, if you need North Petist, go to Brock locations all over the Greater Baton Rouge area Barortho dot com. They've got all the subspecialists. If you need North Petist, you got a Brock. You need a roof, you call Parish. This the mouse pad here on the laptop has been a little finicky lately. It it's firing off when I don't want it to. Need a roof called Parish. Win are the best roofing company in the best of Baton Us. Perish Built dot com, Unique physique, Unique aesthetics and wellness GLP ones the Aesthetics Clinic as well so laser hair removal, hormone replacement therapy for women.
Speaker 1: Ladies.
Speaker 4: Get your levels checked, especially paramounopausal women and boat Got Brothers. Prettymium Cigars. Code Mat fifteen Matt fifteen at one five fifteen percent off your order. The new football boxes is out. Shout out, everyone's already ordered them. Save yourself fifteen percent by using the code Matt fifteen. I'm thinking about this. Just get a new get an actual mouse. I like using the mouse pad, but I think I'm have to get a mouse. Okay, hey Rocky, good morning. Is there a week zero game you're interested in? Yeah, I mean that one, the North Carolina game. Excuse me, I mean it makes the most sense, right like when you look at North Carolina TCU. That's the game in Ireland. So that's the biggest, most high profile game Southern cal does play this weekend. So San Jose State at USC. I think you have an ACC matchup. NC State is at Virginia. I mean that's a conference matchup in New Virginia was in the conference championship game a year ago. NC State has one of the most dynamic players in the country. You know there are the quarterback is one that flirted with the idea of going in the portal a year ago.
Speaker 1: CJ. Bailey.
Speaker 4: He threw for thirty one hundred yards, twenty five touchdowns, nine picks, and that was a guy who again he flirted with the idea of going into the portal, and that would have been one that LSU would have been interested in whenever they were going through the whole Levitt saga.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, I.
Speaker 4: Think there's some really interesting games. Mostly just watching you actual football can be cool. Hawaii play Stanford this weekend. Florida State is at home Memphis at UNLB. UNLV is a sneaky good game night game on Fox. UNLV could very well be the.
Speaker 1: G five.
Speaker 4: Playoff team. Dan Mullen's got a squad in year two, so want to keep an eye on. Hey, Sharon, crazy world of college football we're living in, Yes, Logan all twenty twenty two players should have same eligibility rights whether they went undrafted and signed preseason contract or at ten minute camp.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the argument, right and again, like as weird.
Speaker 4: As it was to see players play a six and seventh year of college football, COVID gave a lot of guys that opportunity with the blanket waiver, and it's something the NCAA could have done in this instance, which probably would have saved a lot of the headaches. Matt, how long do you think it will take until another judge overturns these tros if ever? Yeah, so, like the NCAA is gonna appeal, but if they have to come to a Louisiana state court to appeal the judges ruling in Louisiana to go to appeals court, like, I don't think the NCAA is gonna win that appeal in a Louisiana state court. Hey, Jerome, good morning, Matt. You always have great insight on the offensive and defensive lineman. I haven't heard you mentioned Solomon Thomas as he injured. You know, it's interesting, Jerome, I get asked about Solomon Thomas a good bit, and it's just one of those things where he's there, he's just not notable. I mean, he's wearing sixty six, he's out there at practice. But that's one where he came in because of his relationship with Alex Atkins.
Speaker 1: You know, Atkins was let go and.
Speaker 4: I was a little surprised Solomon Thomas State through the coaching change, to be honest. But now with all the transfers they have brought in and him buried with the threes. It's just maybe even deeper than that, Like it's hard to imagine him sticking around.
Speaker 1: So you know, I hear you.
Speaker 4: I just it's a perplexing thing because it was such a highly rated kid coming out of high school. But it's just he just hasn't gotten a foothold anywhere with either staff. Hey Clayton, good morning. Playing by the rules and being hated for it, Keep going, Tigers, Cole. I'm not against these kids coming back and playing. But do Donor Fatigue ever said that? Oh that's of course. Why do you think they had the meeting of the Governor's mansion a few weeks ago? That's how they hope to alleviate Dona fatigue. Hey Phil, good morning, Have a great day. Stay cool against the brutal heat humidity.
Speaker 1: It's fifty nine in Ashville, the time of year where it's great to live in Ashville. Hey Brent, good morning. Uh take the shot. Let's see. Do you have an keivin presser today? Yes?
Speaker 4: Lane Kiffin meets with reporters at eleven am, and I am anxiously awaiting that.
Speaker 1: Ben.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Matt. How many roster spots else you have left. I thought there was one spot open, yep. So talked about that a little bit. I did ask a staff member yesterday and was told point blank, there's no concrete answer on that, and we'll do what we have to do to make it work, meaning they will cut I mean, you have think of it this way, and you may not agree with this, by the way, that's fine. If you don't, I'm telling you I do. It's just this is the mentality.
Speaker 1: You've spent. You spent fifty million dollars on this roster already, probably over fifty So.
Speaker 4: Ummm, sorry, Hang one second, you spent over fifty million dollars on the roster already.
Speaker 1: But hang on a second. You've spent fifty million dollars on this on this roster, so you look at it. Oh, dang it. Then that's what.
Speaker 4: Sorry, And so you spend all this money in the roster and you go, Okay, you spend all this money in the roster, and now you have you've had two weeks of camp to look at the roster and see where your deficiencies are. And now you can actually add a guy with forty years of college experience at a place where you're deficient and.
Speaker 1: You can make yourself better. So what if you've already spent fifty million, what's another million, two million, three?
Speaker 4: But whatever it is to push yourself even closer to a championship caliber. Right, that's the mindset Again, I'm not selling it's right or wrong. I'm selling that's the mindset. Hey, Donnie. If we don't take these players, someone else will. It's a special exception for the twenty twenty two kids. At least it should be a one time issue, which is my point all along, which is why the NCA should have given the blanket waiver. It's not like this is some issue in perpetuity. It's just and it's not all the twenty two. It's this subset because the twenty twenty two kids that are still in school still have availgibility. It's the twenty twenty two players that played four seasons and four years and never redshirted. Matt Are there any other teams going after fifth.
Speaker 1: Year pro guys? Are we in this boat alone? Curious? If you know? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean Texas added an offensive lineman who is in camp with Cowboys, So that's kind of the point. It's LSU and Lane Kiffin is high profile and they're going to be vilified. I don't mean this would be a woe is Me thing, It's just true. It's an earned reputation that Lane has from all the things throughout his history with what happened with the Raiders and getting fired on the tarmac and leaving Tennessee after one year and the blow up it will miss You're leaving Alabama before the National Championship game, like all that stuff.
Speaker 1: That's an earned reputation.
Speaker 4: So when things like this happen, people are going to go Lane Kiffen, Hey, Leslie, good morning, Booted to the SIP. Good morning, Bailey. We have a pseudo pro team. Graham, Well, I mean everybody's getting paid. Everybody's pros technically, Graham. Good morning Matt from Alexandria. I'm not as familiar with NFL process and procedures i am with college. All on this clearing waivers process take so a day. I mean everybody, every team can put in a waiver claim if they want, and whoever is the whichever team drafted the lowest, so who would have the greatest need for the player ultimately gets the player on waivers.
Speaker 1: So like if you Like, if the Saints put a waiver claim in they had the eighth pick and they were the lowest drafting team, they would get to the player I get the Saints.
Speaker 4: In the Seahawks each put in a waiverclaim on the same player of the Saints, we get the player.
Speaker 1: True acts. What up man? Good morning?
Speaker 4: Thank you saying to you, Hey, John, good morning. Do you think elis you can or we'll sue for more roster spots? No, Chris, how funny is it Locked on Ole?
Speaker 1: Miss?
Speaker 4: Guy calling LSU a road program? It don't watch Locked On all Miss. I'm gonna be very honest, like, I'm actually kind of tired of hearing people come here and tell me about Locked on Ole Miss it like and it's all it's because you're complaining about it. And listen, I know Stephen, nice guy. I have no beef with Steven Willis at all on a personal level, literally none. But if you don't like what he says, stop watching his show, because watching his show is just giving him what he wants. You're giving him clicks and views and money, Like, stop watching it. Stop, stop stop, Chris, I'm not talking about you specifically, Like, somebody needs to hear that, because too, like too many, you keep coming at me with the is you hear locked on all Miss? No, I've never watched an episode of Locked On Ole miss in my life life ever, not once.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 4: I know Stephen, I've met him. I've literally never watched the show. So stop watching it if it annoys you and you don't like him and he's crazy and all the things people say, stop watching his show. Tyrone, good morning. Do you think Spencer Radler is a true NFL quarterback? I think he's a career backup.
Speaker 1: Mike. Good morning, Jimmy Moon of Matt Lafayette loves you. Thank you, Jimmy. That's awesome. I love Lafayette.
Speaker 4: If I could be completely honest with you, I love my Delta Media family, our Lafayette affiliate RP three. My guy Ray was with him yesterday at the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame. Vote Dlo Mesh the whole crew over there. Great peeps, Kevin Foot I saw him yesterday as well, Awesome peeps. I love Lafayette. Beautiful town, great people, super underrated food scene. I love the downtown area.
Speaker 1: So I love Lafayette too. Hey, Jody, good morning, Corey Good morning.
Speaker 4: Matt, the Browns coach, saying wish he had called Lane back now made me laugh really hard. Lane said two years ago the system was a problem me showing them how. Hey Robbie, good morning. I hope huckstays healthy and I like Rattler and Zach Wilson. I wish Jameis Winston was still with the Saints. B the backup me too, man, especially just when you consider the other options you have. Right now, Jamis looks pretty good, right Hey, Robert, good morning, James, Good morning, Joe Burrow. Next, you're gonna need it. I actually joked in our group our oh I got to go at seven sixteen. I was like in our Louisan Sports in that group text last night because some people were out, and I was like, it's okay, I'm around to handle the Patrick Mahomes to LSU breaking news. You can't do all this to go eat and for it. That's true, Bailey, one hundred percent. With all the investment comes more expectation, no doubt, one hundred percent. Right Hey, Brian, good morning. Cool to see your interview with Nick Saban. Was that your first time getting to talk to him? No, I've gotten to talk to to Nick over the years. I think this is the first time I had him on AFR however, so if that's what you're asking, yes, I.
Speaker 1: Think that was the first. Okay, I gotta go, y'all.
Speaker 4: Please master the light bund, subscribe to the channel, Facebook, like the page, share of the post podcast, subscribing to your favorite podcast app.
Speaker 1: Ratus, leave review.
Speaker 4: All of our great sponsors are linked in the description. On YouTube and on podcast Locked on L Shoes Live. I got two episodes I have that I did yesterday, so please go watch or listen. One episode specifically on day Quon Wright, that whole situation, then another about the whole LSU link, Kiffin being vilified, the whole thing, and a few other tidbits in there as well, So please go check it out. You have an awesome day. AFR three. Locked on L Shoes Live AFAR three, We'll see you.
Speaker 1: Peace,