Speaker 1: All right, it's been in Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. During that little music break there, Ben I was talking to people around town on the phone and still talking to people about all this Lucas stuff and this giant mess, and there's so many reverberations and ripples from all this, and it keeps coming back to this raw, emotional just feeling that people have where they want to lash out and they're angry, or they want to be with people that feel the way they do and they want to connect.
Speaker 2: And that's kind of one of.
Speaker 1: The reasons we're doing our deal tonight at Rollertown Beer Works, which is the brewery that you and I are invested in.
Speaker 2: We're going to go there right after the show.
Speaker 1: Celtics mAbs will be on the TV and we'll talk about this in Sports coming up in thirty minutes. But the latest report is that Anthony Davis is unlikely to play. We'll see how that all goes. That he'll make his debut at home against the Rockets on Saturday. But people are still kind of bewildered by all this and want to vent or they want to be around their It's almost like, you know, going to a celebration of life. So we're going to do that tonight at the brewery and watch the game on a ninety eight inch color TV that we're then going to turn around and give away on the Big Game Sunday coming up on Sunday. But we encourage everyone if you're feeling that way, just like Peter Frampton, we're feeling that way too, Yeah, and we want you to come out and drink beer with us and hang out and let's old bond and voice your grievances and make it like a Luca Festivus tonight at the brewery. I think it's pretty cool for you personally, just because you're so close to this to be open to having conversations with anyone and everyone. So like, if you're if you're having a hard time explaining this or understanding it, or just dealing with it, you can come out to Roller Tennensulana and Pickskin's brain and actually have a physical conversation with him about every detail of this, even stuff that we can't really say on the radio.
Speaker 2: You can actually just come have a conversation over a beer.
Speaker 1: I had a thirty minute conversation with a family member that thought for sure some thing was happening one specific way, and by the end of the conversation, goes, man, I'm really glad I had this conversation. Yeah, not saying I agree with it, but like, I think I might understand it a little differently now. And so all we're trying to do And here's the thing, man, you I'm not going to tell you who to pull for. I'm not, but just me personally. I still love Kyrie Irving, I still love Daniel Gaffert, I still love PJ. Washington Junior. There's so many guys on this team that I love. Guys on the coaching staff, guys on the medical staff, guys that work in the business department.
Speaker 2: I mean, on and on.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm attached to these people, so I don't want bad things for them. So I'm not rooting against anybody. I want the Mavericks to go win a championship this year and I'll enjoy every second of it. But it doesn't mean I won't feel bad for Luca because I love Luca too. Man, Professional sports is harsh.
Speaker 2: This is this is like a divorce. Yeah, it absolutely is mom and dad.
Speaker 3: And you know it's like you get to have two Christmases because if Luca does well and we can celebrate that, and if the MAVs do well, we can celebate that to But right now we're just grief stricken because we're not all going to live in the same house.
Speaker 1: Luca just found out the Mavericks were having a threesome behind his back for all these years, and so it's an.
Speaker 2: Ugly it's an ugly thing. But you know, it's just I don't even know. How's Christina doing?
Speaker 4: Christina, No, I mean I told you guys yesterday, I still want my ex boyfriend back, Lucas the boyfriend my dad forced away from me, and screw your dad. Do you want to try to because if we win, you know how mad people are gonna be.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? I think people are gonna.
Speaker 4: Be mad if we win without Luca, I just do.
Speaker 2: It doesn't mean they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna be mad if we lose, if the MAVs lose in mad if they win, I'd either way.
Speaker 1: I'd be happy if we lose, like good cool. I'm not telling you to feel a certain way. I guess what I'm saying is I think by the time the Mavericks win, if they do win, it is very difficult to maintain that level of anger for that many months in a row while something good is happening in your city. So what I'm saying is is, if the Mavericks go win a championship, it's because they're gonna be playing exceptional basketball. You're gonna have to try your hardest to be angry that people that you watched are doing well, like you have to go out of your way. I'm not please understand, Yeah, I'm just talking psychologically. I'm trying to imagine what you have to do to maintain that anger, because if they win a championship, Kyrie Irving is going to be dancing on the NBA.
Speaker 4: And I still love Kyrie right lively as well.
Speaker 2: But it's just but only those two different. It's different.
Speaker 4: We just brought in a d out of nowhere and we're gonna go win a championship.
Speaker 1: Cool, unbelievable how she feels about Spencer Dinwiddie. Her silence says, everything about Spencer was.
Speaker 2: The first two I could think of. Oh, but right now it's time for this moves hot God, I come stay on top in the shovel.
Speaker 1: Whenever you pull up stories on the internet, and then you see the stories underneath it. Has anyone ever clicked on the stories underneath it, you know, just all the trash stories out Sam, Yeah, never, Like, I just wonder about the effectiveness of that out in the world because I'm looking at a TMZ story and then if you start looking at the crap below it, it's like the first thing cardiologists say, a tea spoon on an empty stomach, slims waist from thirty six to twenty two, and then they have this smoke show lady with a ripped you know, abs, and I'm like, who's clicking on that? I mean, that's not even that's an AI person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I thought it when I clicked on it, it was going to be like more information about.
Speaker 2: Her, right, I thought I was gonna get to see other images below her.
Speaker 1: Ways, all right, here's the headline Christina super Bowl halftime show. Not like US decision loom for NFL and Fox Sensors.
Speaker 2: We know what this is. We've talked about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when the whole stadium is going to go a minor or do they want to get to that point or not?
Speaker 1: Because right now Drake is suing. I think Universal Music Group over that song. Really, yes, Now on.
Speaker 2: Did you watch the Grammys? Anybody watched that? You watch the Grammys?
Speaker 1: So they aired it like they had the whole crowd doing what you're saying, and so they're not scared of the lawsuit.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, it might have to look up these lyrics because I don't know what y'all are talking.
Speaker 1: So basically, what the lawsuit is saying is that Kendrick Lamar is calling Drake a pedophile. Okay, and so in no uncertain terms. Okay, So Drake is suing the parent company for unsubstantiated pedophile.
Speaker 4: Now what's funny? My music brain? I thought he was saying the note a minor every time.
Speaker 2: That's what makes it club? Gotcha? Gotcha?
Speaker 4: All right, it all makes sense.
Speaker 1: Now, that's why Kendrick's a genius, is you know the it's a double entendre as it were, so, uh, we shall see.
Speaker 2: He's going to perform it. So today is the day that he.
Speaker 1: Hands in what he's going to do, and then the NFL is to decide if they're going to bleep it out or not. Right, So he's performing the song. It's not a question of that, it's they got to decide if they want to bleep it out, what do you think they'll do? They're going to bleep it out? Do you guys remember the story with m I A. When she performed with Madonna. When's the last time you saw m I A out there in the world. She she was scrubbed from the music world, and now she's a conspiracy's a right wing conspiracy theorist.
Speaker 2: If you want to go find what she's doing. Really mean that lane.
Speaker 3: But you think it was because of that or do you think it she just didn't have much else?
Speaker 1: I think, I mean, based on the stuff that she used to be about. I think she got ran through the ringer And I mean, we have people in our lives that the Internet turned out, you know what I'm saying, Like the internet can if you go through something like that to where I mean, she was a thriving artist. She was big enough for Madonna to put her on the halftime show and the music industry said later. I mean, and basically it was the NFL and Fox. I don't know if it was Fox that carried that Super Bowls for sure is the NFL. They said, oh, your career's over. You signed this thing and you didn't do it. Watch us, watch us bully you, because that's who we are.
Speaker 2: We're bullies. Hell, it's a bully sport.
Speaker 1: So uh, I don't think Kendrick Lamar is like doing anything underhanded. They just have to make the decision do they want to get sued by Drake? You know the interesting thing about that is if you get sued in their discovery.
Speaker 3: Why would they sue them and not? Why wouldn't he sue Kendrick Lamar? And why is he how would he be able to sue the Super Bowl broadcast?
Speaker 1: Because it's like, you know, whenever there's a lawsuit or something like this, you go sue the biggest because that's all the money is.
Speaker 2: As soon as more money gets in the party, that's who you're suing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so it's like, oh, you gave this person a platform to call me a pedophile, I am suing you. You must now prove that I'm a pedophile. You know, I'm assuming, like you know, it's outsider perspective on this. But I'm very excited about the halftime show because I.
Speaker 2: Love Kendrick Lamar, love him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I know Sizza's performing, which makes me think they're gonna do the song from Black Panther. But I haven't seen any other special guests listed of you guys.
Speaker 4: I haven't. Man, I was going to bring up the prop bets. There's just an insane list of people I'm putting.
Speaker 1: I'm putting one thousand dollars down that he's joined by Ozzie.
Speaker 2: I've actually got Slash.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good one out the hat guitar solo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about you?
Speaker 4: Well, if you're gonna throw out Jimmy Page, then okay, see Jimmy Page and he could be promoting becoming ed Zeppelin while he's doing it, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess I just looked at the clock, and we don't have time to get the family few things, so maybe we'll do it next but we do have time. Do we have time for the Howie Mandel apology?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Do you want to set it up real quick?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So Howie Mandel we played the audio last week.
Speaker 1: First of all, about a month and a half ago, Billy Corgan went on a show and claimed that his dad had him as an illegitimate child and his dad was Bill Burr's dad. And then Bill Burr went on Howie Mandel and he was ambushed with Billy Corgan and it was awkward, and Bill Burr said things in a way that very much made it sound like he acknowledged, yes, we're half brothers. So now you're saying, Howie Mandel has apologized.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I was one of those people who I didn't know for sure if Bill Burr was legitimately upset. And here's your answer.
Speaker 2: No, I want to apologize. I feel horrible. I'm sorry Bill, I'm sorry Billy. I only tried to do something good. Bil Burr has not peeped. I texted him and said good episode. Didn't answer.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: I said, is there any Is there anything I can do to further follow up? Right, to follow up? How can I help you? No answer, nothing.
Speaker 4: So Bill Burr legitpist.
Speaker 2: It was real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how he's trying to apologize. But I'm kind of on Bill's side.
Speaker 1: It's a wild ass store, and you know what makes me want to do and probably why Bill is pissed.
Speaker 2: I want to dig further into that family history. But dude, yeah, but they're clearly not friends.
Speaker 3: Howie Mandel tried to use him to get ratings in pub for his show or whatever first podcast and you know, had something very painful and personal to him and used it this content and shocked him and surprised him with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all that, and man, Howie Mandel's stand up sucks. All right, it's submitting Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 2: Thanks for hanging out with this.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, did the Mavericks make a deadline trade deadline deal? Uh, we'll get into all of that. We'll do it with you right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle,