Speaker 1: And this episode is cool Butterflies.
Speaker 2: What's up, guys, Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 3: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode fifth teen Butterflies and talking about how we feel about it now three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is gonna be super fun.
Speaker 3: It sure will be.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 4: Theblue Podcast dot com, our email address Glue Podcasts at gmail dot.
Speaker 2: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamps so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon for just one dollar a month and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 3: They sure are. They are the best.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that are awesome, we just got done rewatching butterflies.
Speaker 4: My butterflies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Stella, could you tell us what was going on? At the beginning of this.
Speaker 4: Episode, Bandit is hanging up a fabric swing on the tree in their backyard and Bingo was just watching him hang it up, and Blue is playing with a snap bracelet, which he eventually snaps on the Bandit's tail, and while he is still hanging up a swing, Judo peeks over the fence and asks what he's doing, and Bingo explains to her that he's hanging up with fabric swing for them, and she also says that they have them at Bluie's school, and Judo says, yeah, I know that Blue's my best friend and she's just being pretty mean to Bingo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Judo is telling Bingo that Bluey's my friend, not yours, is implied, and of course I know what's going on. She also, I thought it was funny, refers to Bandit as Bluey's dad, right like the Lucky's dad, which that is such a thing when you're a parent. I remember when I stopped being Eric and became Stella's dad and Henry's dad. But you know what, I'll take it. Bennett says he's going to take the wash in, and the girls decide they're going to play a game. Amanda, what are they going to play?
Speaker 3: They're going to play a game called Butterflies, and it's where one of them pretends to be a caterpillar crawling along on the ground, and then they're going to come out of the cocoon as a beautiful butterfly, and they're going to use the fabric swing as the cocoon, and then whoever is the caterpillar the other two kids they will play the butterfly catcher, so once the butterfly emerges from the cocoon, the catchers have a chance to catch it.
Speaker 2: Somebody says they're going to go first, but Judo has other plans.
Speaker 3: Yes, Bingo said she was going to go first, and then Judo cut in and said, no, I'm going to go first.
Speaker 2: Blue tries to make Bingo feel included, and they go hide to be the catchers, and Bingo calls it like she sees it.
Speaker 1: Judo is so bossy.
Speaker 4: Yeah she is.
Speaker 1: He sayn't have anyone else to play with.
Speaker 2: Hearing Blue say that last part about Judo not having anyone to play with made me feel bad for Judo, but it still doesn't excuse her behavior, Henry, what did you think when Blue said that Judo didn't have anyone else to play with?
Speaker 4: I think what Blue meant by this that Judo doesn't have any shiblings and doesn't have that many friends.
Speaker 2: Probably, so maybe she's used to get in her way all the time because she's the only kid at her house. Yeah, before Judo says she's ready, Henry, Bingo sees something. What is it?
Speaker 4: She sees a ladybug and then she starts singing a song about a poor little bug on the wall.
Speaker 2: I thought that was so cute. Have you ever heard that song before?
Speaker 3: I have never heard that song, have you, guys?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't, just on this show when we watched it for the very first time. But yeah, it's super cute and Bingo's singing about it, and I love the perspective they show when she's looking at the bug and doing her thing. She's such a cute kid.
Speaker 3: She has such a cute little singing voice.
Speaker 2: She does, and she's got just such a good spirit about her too. Judo comes out of her cocoon, Henry, what happens?
Speaker 4: Bluey and Bingo run up and they catch her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got her pretty quick, wouldn't you say?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It looked like they were having fun though, Yeah it did. I was wondering if Judo was going to be mad at that point and say no, they didn't catch her, but no, she played along and then Bingo said she wanted to turn Stella. What happens?
Speaker 4: Bingo says that she is going to be the caterpillar now, and Judo tells her that she is too small to be the caterpillar.
Speaker 2: You can tell that bums Bingo out, and you can tell it Bum's Bluey out. But blue is doing a good job. I think of trying to control the situation and keep things moving forward in a fairly amicable fashion. Would you agree, Stella? Yeah? I agree, Amanda. What happens when Bingo's being the caterpillar?
Speaker 3: Bingo's scooting around on the ground like a caterpillar does, and then she goes over to the fabric swing, which is a cocoon, and she is having a hard time getting up into the swing because her legs are shorter than the other girls, and you can see Judo is getting a little impatient.
Speaker 1: Little kids take so long to do everything.
Speaker 4: He's only go little legs.
Speaker 2: I thought it was really cute that Blue was sticking up for Bingo.
Speaker 3: Yes, she was being a good big sister.
Speaker 2: Bingo finally makes it in there and what happens after that?
Speaker 3: Amanda Bingo is in the cocoon and she starts seeing the Little Ladybug song, but Judo thinks she is taking way too long, and she convinces Blue to run away with her. Blue is skeptical about doing it, but Judo runs off, and then Blue says, hey, wait for me, and she runs off with her.
Speaker 2: Henry, did that make you feel bad for Bingo? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I felt really bad for Bingo there.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that happened to me when I was younger, and I would think that I would feel terrible if somebody did that to me. Bingo finally comes out and is ready to be a butterfly, but she realizes that something is a miss. Henry, what's happening here?
Speaker 4: There are no captures at all. Bingo searches the whole backyard. She looks where Blue and her were hiding last round, and then she's looking around everywhere. So since she can't find them, she walks past Dad and goes up to the front of the house and she sees Blue and Judo playing together.
Speaker 2: They're doing this hand thing that kind of reminded me of like Miss Mary Mack when we were kids. Yeah, it went something like not because you're dirty, not because you're clean or something. I've never heard that before, Stella, Are you familiar with it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I'm not well. Right. When Bingo sees them doing that, Judo says, let's split, and she takes off and Blue was trying to decide what to do. Stella, what happens?
Speaker 4: Blue runs off with Judo and we can see Bingo getting really upset, so she runs back to the swing and gets in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's devastated. That poor kid. She's got such a sweetheart and to see somebody do that to her, it really bummed me out. When we cut to Bluie, we see that she feels really bad and wants to go get Bingo. Amanda, what does Judo decide they're going to do?
Speaker 3: Judo decides that they're going to play phones, so Judo calls Blue on her Breton phone and Blue answers, and I think the only word that Blue got out was hello, because after that, Judo is just talking and talking and talking and talking some more, and I think Blue might have said, oh really, and that's about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she couldn't get a word in edgewise. And I noticed that not only was Judo monopolizing the entire conversation, everything she was saying was a complaint about something, yes, about going to the shop and how dare they and do you even know what you're doing? Or you're trying to run a shop here? It was all very negative and very mean.
Speaker 3: It was she was definitely complaining a lot.
Speaker 2: I suspect that she's probably mirroring someone's behavior that.
Speaker 3: She's seen, maybe probably.
Speaker 2: Blue tries to tell Judo that she wants to go and find Bingo, and Judo doesn't even notice. So Bluie makes a decision, Henry, what does she do?
Speaker 4: Blue decides to leave Judo's house, and then she goes over to her house to look for Bingo. She's calling for Bingo and then she finally finds her in the fabric swing and she tells her how sorry.
Speaker 2: She is.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Bingle, I didn't mean to run away from you. You don't make me do it. Well, she didn't make.
Speaker 4: Me do it.
Speaker 1: I did it a bit myself. I'll not do it again, bingn I promise, please, can me play together?
Speaker 2: Bingo didn't say anything to that, and Bluie didn't know what to do with it, so she went and sat down in the grass, and then she got an idea, Henry, what did she do?
Speaker 4: She starts singing the Little Bug on the Wall song and as she kept singing, Bingo joined in. Then they start singing the song together.
Speaker 2: And then they hugged. It was so sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was really nice to see them make up.
Speaker 2: Now we hear Judo stella, what is she doing?
Speaker 4: Judo starts screaming ring ring at the top of her lungs because no one's answering her, and so she starts going around and looking for Bluie and Bingo, and they decide that they had to hide from her, so they get into the fabric swing and start hiding.
Speaker 2: I love that. Bingo goes all in on the game they're playing, ring ring, got your phone on silence?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, good idea, Hey you are.
Speaker 2: I thought it was cute that Bingo thought of that. What did you think, Stella?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought that was cute too.
Speaker 2: Once Judo finds them, she is mad, Amanda. How does that conversation go?
Speaker 3: She was mad at Bluie for leaving her, but then Bingo pointed out, yeah, well you left me earlier, and Bluie said, and you were ignoring me, And Judo says, yeah, I guess you guys are right. And then they get out of the cocoon and they all say sorry and apologize to each other and decide to play together again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they hugged it out, which I thought was great. I also thought it was great that Judo admitted, yeah, you're right, I won't do it again. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought so too. That was pretty big of her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, based on the way she had been acting during the games, I didn't know that she had a dinner to do that. They want to play butterflies, but this time there's a twist, Henry. What happens?
Speaker 4: All of them are playing as catchers. This time in the butterfly they have to catch is bandit. I'm gonna put these clean close away, cut these clean close away, these clean close away.
Speaker 2: Poor panted, and that was the episode. Henry, did we forget anything?
Speaker 4: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 3: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Could anyone tell us? What did you learn today?
Speaker 4: I learned that even if you don't particularly like someone or want to hang out with them, you just still try to make them feel included. Because Judo, she didn't really want to hang out with Bingo, but she shouldn't have acted that way towards her, and she still should have at least tried to make her feel included even if she didn't want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really good. Anybody else, Yeah, I agree with still on this one.
Speaker 4: You should always include people in something.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree try to include people, but most of all, just try to be nice. Nice goes so far and it can make somebody's day so much. We don't have to be mean if we don't want to hang out or play with somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when there's other people involved, you can't just automatically have your way. And I didn't realize this until we rewatched it. Judo just invited herself over. Blue and Bingo were there playing in their yard and Judo came over. It wasn't like Bluie had invited her to come and have a playdate with just her and Bingo was the bonus that Judo wasn't expecting she came in and interrupted them playing and then expected to have her way no matter what, and her coming to the realization that that wasn't cool, like you said before, Amanda was really big of her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't realize that either. What you said about Judo just kind of invited herself over, And especially if you just invite yourself over to that person's house and then be route to them, that's just not cool right in their own yard, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 4: I thought it was really cute how Bingo was seeing a little song about the book on the wall throughout the episode. I thought that was cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's got such a gentle and kind soul. Yeah, she does. For her to notice such a little thing and marvel at its beauty and notice it where everybody else is loud and doing their things, she is seeing things and has like a quieter spirit about her. I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've seen this several other times with her throughout the series, being kind to the little little animals or little bugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's very sweet. What a good kid.
Speaker 4: I wonder if the ladybug made it all the way up the wall.
Speaker 2: That's a great question. I don't know. You're going to have to rewatch this frame by frame and see if you can find out. Because the level of detail the show goes into, I could see them having that in the background, even though they weren't interacting with it anymore, just to see. I really like this episode. One of the things I wonder As the show goes on, we realize that Judo must not be at her mom's house all the time, so when she is there, she's alone and doesn't know nearly as many people, it seems like because she is only at her mom's part of the time. I think when we see them have playdates later, you haven't seen Judo in forever, even though she lives right next door.
Speaker 3: That's true. I never thought about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I wonder if her parents aren't together and she spends part of the time at her dad's and part of the time at her mom's. So, yeah, that would be tough for her if she isn't there all the time. And the thing with her being super negative when she was on the phone. I feel like I've known people like that here and there. But I wonder if Judo is surrounded by that sort of negativity quite a bit, and her attitude during them playing is sort of a reflection of that.
Speaker 3: It might be.
Speaker 2: Because the things you hear her saying are from the perspective very much of somebody expecting their way all the time. The grown up she's emulating. All the things that she was saying all point to, I expect you to do what I want right now. But from a grownup's perspective, it wasn't about playing, It was about all this other stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So she's around somebody like that, and I'm not going to say that her mom, but if she is around somebody like that all the time, it's easy to kind of pick up their habits and talk the same way.
Speaker 2: Right, Because kids, that's how you learn. You imitate what you see, and whatever you're around all the time is your normal. So maybe she doesn't realize that her behavior, she's kind of like a bulldozer, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's definitely a tiny, little controlling person.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh goodness, Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things we think are awesome. Henry, what should we do next?
Speaker 4: The hol outs.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen up.
Speaker 1: Everyone has to clap and go whoa yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it.
Speaker 2: Hooray. We have the best fans in the world, and we're so thankful for you guys. You're the absolute best.
Speaker 3: You guys, sure are. We can do this show without you, and you, guys, you just rock. Thank you.
Speaker 2: We appreciate all of the five star reviews, emails, voice messages, and comments, and we're going to check out the comments on Spotify. We heard from someone whose username is one ex zero eight something something something something. We heard from Gabriella. She is seven. Hi Gabriella, Hi Gabriella. We heard from Emmy, who just turned nine. Happy birthday, Emmy. I think it was just a couple of days ago.
Speaker 3: Oh cool. I hope you had a great birthday, Emmy.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, Happy birthday, Emmy.
Speaker 2: We heard from our friend Daisy Julia Grant VV Alex who's in his weekly report on did you notice this in the episode?
Speaker 3: Lay it on us? Alex?
Speaker 2: He noticed in Takeaway the lady who was running the shop her hair looked a different color. When you see it through the window than when you see her outside.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it could just be an effect of the glass and they did it on purpose, right, it could be a thing. They're like, Oh darn, we forgot to color her in when that was in there.
Speaker 3: We'll have to go back and look at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cool. There are so many things Alex tells us that I think, Yeah, I gotta go back and look at that too. We heard from Sarah Piper, Dude Too, Harper and Ivy, Ella, Hannah, Lilith, and Elisha on Instagram. We heard from Billy she and her son love listening into the podcast and also on Instagram. Our friends at the four Real Life podcast just released their episode for the Sign and their episode was two hours long. But congratulations to them. Their podcast is great. It's two ladies that talk about the show from a grownup's perspective. It's really really cool. We got some emails. We heard from Karen, who's from Japan and loves Stella.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Karen.
Speaker 2: I would love to visit Japan.
Speaker 4: Yuh me too.
Speaker 2: I think that would be awesome. We heard from Sophie, who sent us a video of a whole bunch of quick cuts of blue Images. It was really cool. Thank you for that, Sophie.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Sophie.
Speaker 2: We got a voice message from Rory.
Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Lely. I enjoy your podcast bath Time. Thank you, Ed, Stella, Henry and Amanda. My favorite part of the apisode is the comment my favorite episode is all of them.
Speaker 3: Thank you Rory so much for your message. And you know what, I agree with you. My favorite episode is all of them too, Thank you, Rory.
Speaker 2: We also heard from our friend Teddy. Teddy, thanks for emailing us, guys. Thank you so much for all of the kind words, the voice messages, the emails, the comments, the five star reviews. We read all of them, even the mean ones, but luckily we don't get too many of those.
Speaker 3: Yes, guys, we appreciate you so much and just thank you so much for loving the show and listening and reaching out to us. We just love hearing from you.
Speaker 2: We definitely couldn't do the show without.
Speaker 3: You, guys, that is for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 3: Bye guys, bye bye.
Speaker 2: Once again,