Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six fortys us.
Speaker 2: Lisa Lou the oldest person ever to get a star on the Walk of Fame, and she turned it down in nineteen sixty the first time around. I think she's ninety eight or something, because she didn't want people walking over her name. Neil, you remember the first time I was offered the star, I said no too, because I didn't want people ping on my name. And then I figured, you know, I don't care.
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news, Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: KFI AM six forty Bill Handle. It is a hump day, Wednesday, May seventh. As we start the show, Wow news, Trump news, yes, of course, other news, Yes, of course. Conclave started this morning as the cardinals walked in. Some of them old if enrmous people at the Catholic Church. We're talking about bishops and cardinals and popes are old. They last a long time. Presidents last a long time. The thought of in the the old saw. You know president's age very quickly. In the White House. You can see pictures of them. They all last to their nineties. Jimmy Carter, how old was he? One? Hundred and forty when he just died. They last a long time.
Speaker 3: Well, if you have, you know, secret service around you twenty four to seven, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, and the food is good. Yeah, you have the medical care is okay. You don't have to worry about rent. You're taken care of. You don't have to dress yourself. I think they have someone that wipes your butt, the official butt wiper in the White House.
Speaker 3: Oh, you have something in common with the president.
Speaker 2: Yes, sure, sure I do. All right, Good morning, everybody. Handle here. That's Neil, Morning, Neil. And Cono. That's Cono, good morning, good morning. Yeah, he was nodding, and I was about to say, this is radio. They actually have to hear you. Cone, Will Coleschwreiber morning, good morning. Hey. You know you're wearing horizontal stripes here we go. You know that makes you look fatter. I mean, if you really want to go there, Will and yesterday I did you know, if you're gonna wear stripes, why don't you do you know, perpendicular stripes up and down, they're not slimming. You don't think what the stripes that go at crego. You look like a bee that's rotted because it's sort of gray.
Speaker 4: Wow. Wow, a bee that rotted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, bumblebee that's sort of rotting away, you know, gray, just the sort of a charcoal. Good morning, Heather, Good morning Heather. Going to a funeral today?
Speaker 5: Yeah, clearly all in black?
Speaker 2: All in black, although you're not wearing pearls, which is.
Speaker 6: That the traditional clothing or accessory for funerals.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I you know, I don't think so. I don't think I love funerals because you look at the pana play around funerals and just you know, around the world, the way different cultures do funerals. We've done that before. It's a great topic, hugely entertaining and good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning Bill.
Speaker 4: Green and Black.
Speaker 2: What I don't know what that means?
Speaker 5: What are you wearing a Root sixty six shirt?
Speaker 2: I am really wearing I'm wearing. You have the audacity to talk about other people and what they're wearing. I'm wearing my Root sixty six Hawaiian shirt. Yeah, you know, I mean take a pick.
Speaker 3: So was the last time he actually got his kicks?
Speaker 2: You know what? I'm like? These are old? Yeah, I mean seriously old. I'm you know what, I'll do later on is when Lindsay gets up, I'll have her take a picture, or maybe I'll take a selfie and then send it. Yeah, that's what I'll do, is send it to Neil and he can put it up Root sixty six handle makes fun of everybody else. Kno is dressed, of course, in his normal you know, members only kind of jacket, you know, black, and his baseball cap. Well, I have a members I have a members already.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure you're the last member, Bill, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then Neil with his little Mickey T shirt. I thought, I'm doing a fashion show this morning, okay, And that is sort of grayish and it's sort of.
Speaker 3: Yay very call it a very very old and it looks like it's faded away.
Speaker 2: All right. Oh, just to let you know, tomorrow I am leaving early at seven thirty. I have foot surgery. Tomorrow. I have toe surgery, so I'm going to be out till Monday. So i won't be here on Friday either. And I called Jim yesterday, Jim Keeney, and I said, since i have such a low thraine, such a low pain threshold, and I'm basically a panty waste, do you think I can get my doctor to give me a compound. You know they do compounded medicines at compounded pharmacies comprising of fentanmyl Ketaminelah did and demarroll, do you think I can do that? And he said he'll probably tell you to take a couple of tile and all and ice your foot. And I went, this is very bad, very very bad. And he said it's gonna hurt like hell. Have a nice day. This is why I love Jim already. Yeah, I know Jim is a horrible, horrible human being. He sounds like me. All right, guys, ready to do it. Let's do handle. On the news, Heather and Neil and me. Lead story, Smokey Robinson, who doesn't look like he's had more work. He looks like he's been exhumed and then he has just a bunch of makeup on. Geez exhumed by a plastic surgeon, Geez Louise. Anyway, He's been accused of sexually assaulting four women, have filed a lawsuit multiple occasions, failed to pay them for hours worked, and his wife, Francis Robinson, berated these women and knew all about this, So lawsuit was filed yesterday, La County. Have you seen what he looks like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he looks rough.
Speaker 2: I mean, good God.
Speaker 6: There's a big trend right now of older men getting these facelifts, and he's not good.
Speaker 2: No, you know how what a plastic surgeon does. A plastic surgeon advertise bad facelifts and people line up to go there. Anyway, he's accused of sexual assault.
Speaker 5: How old is he eighty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh, he doesn't look eighty five. He looks like he's been embalmed. All right, let's move on.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 6: US and Chinese officials are holding what's kind of being dubbed an icebreaker meeting. US Secretary Treasury Secretary Scott Descent and Chief Trade negotiator Jamison Greer are meeting with China's top economic officials. They're going to talk about the escalating tension because of the trade wars that's going on between the US and China, and their meeting in Switzerland, of all places.
Speaker 2: This thing is going to end. I mean, there's no question that the tariffs will be reduced. Trump will call it a victory no matter what. Trump will portray it as the Chinese coming crawling to the United States. But the tariffs will even out coming up at seven twenty. I'm going to tell you how businesses have found an end around in terms of these terrifts goods coming in from China, and that's exactly what my business is doing. And I'll share with you what we're doing to do and end around. Hopefully it works and if the tariffs are reduced, were in good shape except we have one we have one container coming in right now from China and we're going to properly have to pay the full tariff, not just one hundred and forty five terra and just one hundred and forty five percent. Add another twenty percent because the goods are made out of stand with steel.
Speaker 3: Wow, we were all worried. We've been passing the hat. Buddy, I'm glad to hear that. Thank God, get a second elevator. India launched military strikes on Pakistan today and Pakistan claimed shot down five Indian Air Force jets, So the escalation begins. Puts India and Pakistan their neighbors and they have a history for a long time of conflict, but it continues to ramp up and the international community is going we don't need another conflict slow it down.
Speaker 2: You've heard of Kashmir as in Kashmir sweaters and coats. That is that is a province between Pakistan and India, and they have been fighting for it since Pakistan and India were created. I think it was nineteen forty eight when India declared its independence and also Pakistan was created out of that.
Speaker 6: President Trump says he just wants to be friends with Canada. Prime Minister Mark Carney says, We're not for sale, won't ever be for sale. So I don't know what that means for the friendship between the two nations. But they had a meeting this week that seemed to go well, at least on the surface. But Canada was pretty clear. Mark Carney was pretty clear that Canada is not for sale.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You saw them in the White House in the Oval Office, sitting in the chairs in front of the fireplace. Very nice, friendly conversation. The President's saying, well, you're basically going to be the fifty first state. Carney saying, no, that's never going to happen. The President says, don't say never. Carney says never. And they're smiling through this with gritted teeth. That was Carnee was president basically saying, oh, Canada wants to be our fifty first state the people want to be and Carnee is sort of just.
Speaker 3: Shaking his Catholics loved me dressed as the Pope. Canada wants us to take them that The best part is that one that you just pointed out where Trump says never say never and Carney mouthed, he mouthed never like ever times.
Speaker 6: It's just like it's that guy that's like, you know you want this, baby, come on, you know you want this, and Canada is like, we don't want it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rose, Yeah, well there it is lost. The law does say no means no, no means no wow.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: International arrivals in California down by eleven percent in March, So California has recorded a significant decline in international arrivals.
Speaker 4: At its major ports of entry.
Speaker 3: So this appears at the global community is reconsidering visiting us here in California. Among the biggest drops is Canadians ever ever ever visitors, which by volume is the biggest international market for California tourism.
Speaker 2: So how many people voted for Trump? Are people in the tourist business, in the work building cars, just in the agricultural business in the construction business. Of those people are saying, boy, that was a good move.
Speaker 6: Well, I think a lot of agriculture people are not willing yet to admit that maybe there might be an issue or might be a problem. But a lot of other people, I think are saying that there are.
Speaker 3: The independents are going to be the ones that go first, the die hard partisans. You know, they will make excuses on either side of the aisle.
Speaker 5: They're standing by their man.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, isn't that why Newsome has been running this ad specifically geared towards Canadians, like California still likes you come see us.
Speaker 4: Have you seen that we have beer.
Speaker 5: A yeah, yeah, we still love Canadians.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have a great medical system. Just come down and oh Canadian.
Speaker 3: You know what Canadians will tell you they do come here for service.
Speaker 2: Yeah they do. No, there's no question. Canada is one of those places where for elective surgery you wait, For example, you wait fourteen months for an abortion. I understand that it takes a while.
Speaker 3: Used the kids like, where are we going, mommy?
Speaker 4: That's yeah rough?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: Moving on, So we haven't felt the full impact yet of these tariffs. But I think we're about to hear in LA the first boats carrying the Chinese goods with one hundred and forty five percent tariffs will be arriving in LA in the coming weeks. But the shipments are cut in half. So some people are saying, we're going to expect some shortages on some goods.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'll tell you more about that at seven twenty.
Speaker 3: You know, something simple but interesting. The other day, I do buy certain hardware and little things like that for my shop because I do like fabrication. And I looked on TEAMO and I'm like, something doesn't look right. It just looked like it's too much. So I went to Amazon. Amazon was half the price from going directly to China Team.
Speaker 2: Of course, we'll talk about that to Timu. That used to be under the deminimous exception, which they can't. You know, when I found out in terms of Chinese good Uh, have you gone to Panda Express Their orange chicken has tripled in price?
Speaker 4: No it hasn't, Yes it has No it hasn't.
Speaker 2: Yes, go there find out.
Speaker 3: It's now it's now yellow chicken. They can't afford the extra red dye.
Speaker 2: No, you know what they can't do is they can't afford the process said, so it's chicken with feathers.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say, my mom is addicted to TIMU. So I'm excited to hear what you have to say about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you can buy the local is the key they you. You got to look if it says local, that means it's coming from American warehouses and you won't get hit.
Speaker 4: That's the key right now, All right?
Speaker 3: Supreme Court allows Trump's ban on transgender troops. They cleared the way for Trump administration removed thousands of active duty members of the military because they are transgender. The Court issued this brief order, didn't explain its reasons, and of course the three liberal justices dissented.
Speaker 2: Love it. It's not and it's not because the court, the conservative members of the court hate transgender people or somehow feel there's something morally wrong about transgender, which I'm convinced they actually are. Not the people being transgender morally wrong. The court, the conservative members of the Court thinking that there's something wrong with transgender. But it's a question of how much power does a president have, how much does he have to say in overseeing the military of which he is commander in chief, and this entire issue, that's the main issue that's going down with the Trump administration and the courts. How far does a president's power go?
Speaker 3: You know, we talked about this some time ago and I was bath, I'm like, why would anybody care if if an American wants to serve, why would we care? And I got a lot of kind intelligent response, not like you're an idiot, but a lot of military guys said, because of the medical the pills transgenders are on and the like that often they are excused.
Speaker 4: From certain duties.
Speaker 3: And these people said they have to take up the slack, and so there's a resentment and igstration.
Speaker 2: I have heard that. I haven't heard that. That's not okay, No, I understand me. On the other side, it was as to me. You know, one of the stories that's coming out is there's a lieutenant commander I think, and she flew fighter jets fifteen hundred hours in flighter fighter jets, sixty combat missions and she's being tossed.
Speaker 3: Because she used to be he and understand that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't get it either.
Speaker 3: Everybody who wants to fight for this country, No kidding, okay.
Speaker 6: Tesla sales are taking a no nose drive nosedrive.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'm not drinking it. Not bad, not bad network nose dive across Europe.
Speaker 6: They are down sharply as of April in the UK, and they're down here in the United States as well. So we don't know what Elon Musk is going to do, but we know that a lot of people think it's linked to his politics and work with Doge.
Speaker 2: There are plenty of shareholders of Tesla out there. Even though Musk owns by far the biggest portion, there are still shareholders and I'm surprised there aren't shareholder lawsuits that are flying people that own Tesla shares because the sales of Tesla, not because the cars aren't doing well, aren't decent cars. I bought a Tesla and I got rid of it in two weeks. I wasn't happy with it, but it's and there's competition out there. But because of the police situation to go on social media find out how many people are embarrassed they have Tesla's by I wonder what the value of used Tesla's are right now. We know sales are down.
Speaker 3: The best thing I saw. It wasn't a bumper sticker, but it was a vinyl cut lettering on the back of a Tesla said we bought this before we knew he was a cret.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've seen that.
Speaker 3: Yes, but he hasn't even sued in the past for by state holders before.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know things that he tweeted or Yeah, maybe it was sued because of the lawsuits that hit Tesla because of the misrepresentation the self driving really wasn't self driving, and there were people that sued Tesla who had bought it, and therefore shower holders sued Tesla for decreasing the value of their share value of their car. So yeah, I mean, and does he care. He's the wealthier, he's the wealthiest guy in the world. Does he care?
Speaker 5: I think it acts like he cares.
Speaker 6: I'm always surprised at how many Tesla's I see on the roads here in La. Every time i'm driving, I'm behind a Tesla.
Speaker 2: So come to Orange County, the Tesla capital of the world.
Speaker 3: Everywhere they're beautiful cars and they're really incredibly y.
Speaker 2: If you liked, if you like to see car after car keyed, Yeah, they're gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's because the idiots key someone's car because they believe different than you. Stupidity agree. They don't have how keyed your car would be handled.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I actually have already keyed it before it just after I bought it, because it just it was gonna be there anyway.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, Travelers who haven't obtained their real ID that have been flocking everywhere, have you seen the DMVs and the lines out there. They'll still be able to fly, so says Homeland Security. The reality is your you have IDs that are real IDs, like your passport, you can still use that. Christy Nome told a congressional panel that eighty one percent of travelers already have.
Speaker 4: IDs that comply with the real ID requirements.
Speaker 3: You will have to probably go through additional identity checks, but you're looking at some time before they actually cut you off seven fifty.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do a segment on that, and I'm going to give you some dates of the real ID that may surprise you. I don't know if you've been to a DMV. There are two lines one line or three lines one line for people have made an appointment to go see the DMV at a given time. The other line people just walking up and they want to change their red registration. They want to register a sale of a car, you know, stuff the DMV. And then there's one line that goes around the block that's just labeled morons and people who waited until now to get their real ID. Again, I'm going to give you some stats at seven point fifty and one. Uh yeah, I'm going to reinforce the fact that we you are morons. Uh And just what's going on about this? Because there's a whole story here, all right, all right? Moving on.
Speaker 6: This sixty two year old company that has revolutionized dieting for millions of people around the world, weight Watchers has filed for bankruptcy.
Speaker 5: Why did you give me this story? Bill? Should I be offended?
Speaker 2: I didn't give you this story. You can have no no, you can you know, could have gone to me ALB could have gotten to me, and it doesn't make any difference.
Speaker 5: I'm just teasing you, all right.
Speaker 2: Could have gone to Will.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, wow, shots fire.
Speaker 3: You you want to hit me up, knock yourself out. We have thirty years and I bagged on you when you were three hundred plus, which Will and I have never been three hundred pounds, I guarantee will smaller than I am.
Speaker 4: So hit on me. You can take I do.
Speaker 2: I do. By the way, Heather brought that up. Heather brought that up.
Speaker 5: I didn't never know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that wasn't me. That wasn't me, all right.
Speaker 6: So weight Watchers announced that they are entered. They've gone to chapter eleven and.
Speaker 5: It's the no.
Speaker 6: I guess nobody's going to weight watchers anymore. Everybody is on the ozempic, they're on the Trazeppetide and some of glue tide weight watchers or you.
Speaker 2: Want to take a pill, yeah, you know magic. Yeah. I went to weight Watchers and I misunderstood. I thought I was paying money to watch my weight as it was going up.
Speaker 5: I thought you were going to say I was being paid to watch fat people. Yeah, that's what I honestly thought you were.
Speaker 2: There's that too. So here I am at weight Watchers going up five pounds a week. Yeah, and they look and I go, I'm watching my weight. This is what I'm supposed to do. Right there, it goes Okay, that sort of worked, didn't it. It was kind of stupid. Yeah, that's kind of that's kind of dumb.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what makes it better though, talking about it.
Speaker 3: US Navy FA eighteen Super Hornet fighter jet, beautiful piece of machinery by the way, lost at C. Sixty million dollars that fell overboard from the USS Harry S. Truman aircraft carrier while it was being towed on board. But this is the crazy part US officials set. Initial reports from the scene indicated that the Truman made a hard turn to evade hoothy fire, which contributed to the fighter jet falling overboard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just turned really sharply and the jet goes right over. Oh, Harry S. Truman. You know what the S stands for?
Speaker 4: Chaka?
Speaker 2: Yeah close, look it up and nothing. It's just an S. Hey sirih you're just what does the S and Harry S. Truman stand for? Does not stand for anything?
Speaker 5: How great would it be? Serious?
Speaker 2: It would be the best. But I just wanted to point that out.
Speaker 5: Okay, I just googled it myself, and you are correct.
Speaker 2: That's correct, all rights. A stupid factory that nobody cares about it.
Speaker 5: But you know what, some people like that.
Speaker 6: Some people are probably driving to their car going huh, and they're going to go to work and they're going to share that with somebody and the joy of this knowledge will continue.
Speaker 3: Well there you yep, Bill doesn't even have a middle name.
Speaker 5: All right, gofund me, that's go ahead.
Speaker 4: No you don't. What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Wolf is my middle name?
Speaker 4: Now? But your your name was wolf handle.
Speaker 2: Handle it was, and then and then when I became naturalized, I took on William and I now have a middle name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you made it. That's fake.
Speaker 2: No, not the wolf part. The William part is fake. No, the William part is fake.
Speaker 5: So your name is William wolf Handle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now, but not when he was born.
Speaker 2: Now, I was wolf Handle when I was born. All right, we can we actually have time for another story.
Speaker 6: Guy for you go fundme. Just turned fifteen years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go fund me.
Speaker 6: I guess you know. It's a pretty big milestone. This is they've raised forty billion dollars since they've started this go Fundme operation to help people who need money for various things. I don't know anybody who hasn't at least one time over the last fifteen years had some sort of gofund me for something, or a family member who's had to go fund me.
Speaker 5: So it's made quite an impact on people's lives.
Speaker 2: How much does GoFundMe charge? What percentage do they take? And I don't know the answer to that any idea three? Is it three percent?
Speaker 4: Five percent? I don't know?
Speaker 2: Is it five percent? Do we know? Because the story is not forty billion dollars. The story is how much of the forty billion dollars does go fight B take.
Speaker 3: Maybe if you kicked out stupid trivial knowledge like the s.
Speaker 6: And three percent, they take three percent two point nine percent to be specific.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's call it three percent. A forty billion. Is that forty billion and you're the four billion, it would be ten percent, one percent maybe one. We got four billion dollars for four hundred million dollars.
Speaker 5: I can't do math this early in the morning, but it's a lot.
Speaker 2: I can't either.
Speaker 4: I can't either. Bigger than a red box.
Speaker 2: All right, we're done, guys.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 3: Lastly, the State bar of California suing the vendor that had visited the February bar exam bill disastrous rollout. They said they also were suing because you passed it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did. Higher than a kite on cocaine. First, time out all true.
Speaker 3: Wow, do you ever speak at schools? That's really I used to inspirational.
Speaker 2: I used to, and then when I would be asked, you know, what do you do? How do you study for the bar? And I would say lots of cocaine. Then they asked me not to. We're done, guys. This is KFI A M six forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app