Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Did you know what beaver slang for?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 2: You did? Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, I did? I did.
Speaker 4: That's why I laughed like a twelve year old. Ah, yep, yeah hey. Edmundton Oilers took Game one of the Stanley Cup Finals with a four to three win in overtime last night against the Florida Panthers. There is nothing better in sports than Stanley Cup Finals games that go into overtime.
Speaker 3: There is nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I excitement. I agree, And if you're there in person, oh, I can't it. Can imagine hard to take it. And that's not even somebody who grew up watching hockey. I agree, or I wouldn't even know how to play. I know what icing is.
Speaker 3: Game two in the Stanley Cup Finals tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: NBA Finals start tonight Indiana Pacers in Oklahoma City against the thunder. The Red Sox came back to meet the Angels eleven to nine in Boston last night. Day off today before the Angels come home and host the Mariners tomorrow. Dodgers lost to the Mets again six to one yesterday. They have about a twelve to thirty first pitch today at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: Looks like we'll be meeting with China to settle this whole tariff mess. At least that's the word out of Washington. That's where we kick off swamp Watch.
Speaker 3: I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar. And when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing that lollipops.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 6: We got the real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 2: The other side never quits.
Speaker 7: So what I'm not going anywhere, so that now you train the squaw.
Speaker 3: I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 8: You know, Americans have always been gone at president, but they're not stupid.
Speaker 4: A political flunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 3: Whether people voted for you were not. Swamp watch, they're all counting on them.
Speaker 4: So this phone call that took place, the United States agreed to hold more trade talks in hopes of breaking this impasse over tariffs. President Trump took to truth social and explained the call. With the call with President she of China, He said, I just concluded a very good phone call with she discussing some of the intricacies of our recently made and agreed to trade deal. He said it resulted in a very positive conclusion for both sides. Said that they had resolved some issues surrounding the exports of rare earth minerals that China had recently stopped sending to the United States. He didn't get into the details about that.
Speaker 1: So the current tariff level on Chinese imports brought into the US is at least thirty percent. Now that's down from the one hundred and forty five percent that Trump imposed until they had that handshake agreement in Geneva last month led to that mutual stand down, remember where everything kind of calmed down a little bit, at least on Wall.
Speaker 2: Street that we could see.
Speaker 1: Saw China reduce its duties there on US imports down to ten percent from one hundred and twenty five percent. And then tensions heated back up again on Friday because Trump accused China of violating this understanding that they came to in Geneva, but no specifics, didn't really show the math there. So then China on Monday levied a similar accusation against Trump. So it's been kind of ratcheting up to this phone call. That again, both sides, as I said earlier, and what I believe is that both sides don't want to admit that they need each other. They're both trying to appear the strongest person in the room before their countries. It's very important for Trump and for Jijinping to appear to be the most powerful guy in the room when it comes to America and China. And so that's why you're seeing this delicate dance between the two. Who invited who to the phone call? Who set up the in person meeting that they're going to plan soon. All of this is very choreographed.
Speaker 4: And then that will extend too whatever you know, lieutenants are involved in this next round of talks, very high level trade representatives on our side and their side as well.
Speaker 3: But then where do they do it?
Speaker 4: Who gets to host it, who gets to claim credit for organizing it in the first place.
Speaker 1: Trump publicly chastise elon muss again today. Of course, this is on the heels of Musk publicly going after the legislative agenda in Washington of Trump and the Republicans, the President was with the German Chancellor, as we mentioned, Frederick Murrs at the White House today and Trump said during this meeting that he was surprised and disappointed by Musk's attacks.
Speaker 7: I've always liked Elon and as ours, very surprised.
Speaker 9: You saw the.
Speaker 7: Words he had for me, the words, and yes.
Speaker 3: I said anything about me that's bad.
Speaker 9: I'd rather have him criticized me than the bill, because the bill is incredible.
Speaker 4: Never said it. Listen to what Elon must wrote on X today. Without me, Trump would have lost the election, Dems would control the House, and the Republicans would be fifty one to forty nine in the Senate.
Speaker 3: Such ingratitude.
Speaker 1: WHOA that sounds like Trump now start to finish even better.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk is using the Trump.
Speaker 4: Style, the style of writing where he's using not just the the sentence fragments to describe your feelings caps. He wrote, whatever keep the EV solar incentive cuts in the bill even though no oil and gas substitute or subsidies are touched. Parentheses, very unfair exclamation point, but ditch the mountain of disgusting pork in the bill.
Speaker 3: Some of those words are capitalized like.
Speaker 4: He's even using the specific social media style that Donald Trump has.
Speaker 1: Has been using fascinating go right after him wow, and I love his classic I Will unveil myself as a fifty three year old whatever right, very popular in the early nineties.
Speaker 4: Musk also denied Trump's claim that he knew the inner workings of the bill better than anybody.
Speaker 3: He wrote false.
Speaker 4: This bill was never shown to me even once, and was passed in the dead of night, so fast that almost no one in Congress could even read it.
Speaker 1: The President said about Elon Musk, he hasn't said anything about bad about me personally, but I'm sure that will be next.
Speaker 2: What's going on there? This is all it's such juvenile, But we knew that this.
Speaker 4: No one can shine by a brighter than Trump in his circle. Once you start getting to a certain level, you become a target.
Speaker 1: But it seems like Musk is the one who broke this all up. And I don't know if Trump likes that. I think that he may miss him. I miss There's those things we don't know as well, not just all about the bill, is it.
Speaker 3: We do not know exactly what's going on with this bill.
Speaker 4: There are a couple headlines in different places that suggest that the One Big Beautiful Bill has technically stalled in the Senate, that there was a report that some members of the Senate have already Republican members that, if that is, have already already said that they would be voting no on it. Mike Johnson, Speaker of the House, said that he was going to be speaking with Elon Musk by phone today in order to at the very least get him to tamp down his very public commentary on it. Mike Crapo, the Senate Finance Committee chair, had said that there are at least two likely no votes against the bill, which means there would just be one more defection and that would derail the whole thing. And they have a still still sticking to that July fourth deadline, self imposed deadline, but the July fourth deadline to get something past.
Speaker 2: Gary and Shannon. We'll continue.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Just to put a bow on our swamp watch.
Speaker 1: About Ukraine and Russia, Trump did touch on that to get again today, I should say peace talks have stalled there and Trump said today it may be better to let Ukraine and Russia fight for a while before pulling them apart, so he's not really.
Speaker 3: Disturbed by the number of deaths in that conflict.
Speaker 4: Okay, we are following a fire that is burning up along I five through the Grapevine. It's called the Fort Fire. They say it's about two hundred and twenty acres. Started just before midnight last night, and there are some traffic impacts up and down I five through through the Grapevine area. At this point, there's a lot of smoke visible, et cetera. But for the most part, just fire truck in the area that you're going to see and probably will be a distraction for most people. We were talking earlier about crazy exes and the stories that everybody has about somebody in their past, and you know, the one instance perhaps that let you know that they are not necessarily stable when it comes to love and relationships.
Speaker 9: Good morning, crew. Just want to let you know one of my exes, she always used to tell me to send her a picture as soon as I got to her house, send her a picture. Wherever I went to a location such as a liquor store or Walmart, Target, you know, all those stores, I would have to send her a picture. With me being there at that time that I said, thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: So liquor store, huh, I love that.
Speaker 3: That was the first thing.
Speaker 1: I don't trust that you're doing something good like going to the liquor store.
Speaker 2: You better send me a picture.
Speaker 4: So obviously that person has the shoes with trust, right, trusting.
Speaker 2: You say what you're going to be where you say you are.
Speaker 4: If my wife had said something along those lines, if she had come to me and said something I wanted something about, like hey, prove that you're where you say you are, that would be a big problem, wouldn't it. Well, that indication that there's something wrong. There's well, she tracks you on your phone. She could if she wanted to. Yeah, well but it's not just she tracks you.
Speaker 1: You you're the family is on each other. Find my iPhone or whatever or whatever the tracking device is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, find my friends.
Speaker 1: I get crap from my girlfriends for not enabling my location, like why why isn't your location on? Why why do you need to know wright? And these are my girlfriends. It's like I'm creeped out by people that need to know where I am whatever, whatever, it's just if they need me feel like I'm in some sort of weird prison arrangement house arrests thing like why do you know you to know where I am all the time?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: And if they needed to know where you were, why couldn't they just call you?
Speaker 1: Is it like a worry thing, you know, like my mom will say call me when you land, to which the first thought I always have when everyone anyone says call me when you land. It's my thought is if there's a plane crash, you know, from Burbank to Oakland, you'll hear about it.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: It's if there's a plane crash in New Deli. It may take a day or two for it to reach you, but if my plane goes down, you're gonna know about it right away pretty quickly, Like you worried that the plane's gonna go down. And when you get the text like I'm landed, is that like, oh okay, good, I haven't.
Speaker 3: Heard anything parents.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe it's a parent thing where no comfort thing but comfort thing, but it makes no logical sense.
Speaker 3: You're right, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just raised Hi, Gary and Shannon. My crazy ex was my crazy ex husband had taken the kids to raging waters out in sandmus. One day he was mad at me for something I don't remember, but probably wasn't important, right, But AnyWho came home and couldn't help but to smell the stench of bleach. Wonder where the bleach was coming from. Walked into the bathroom, opened the shower door, and all my clothes were in their bleach.
Speaker 1: Whoa wait, I thought he took the kids to raging water.
Speaker 3: He did, That's what she said.
Speaker 2: But but who was bleached?
Speaker 4: He bleached the and then came home like brought the kids home and oh, I guess took her clothes and bleached him.
Speaker 3: That's not cool.
Speaker 1: There's somewhere in white, you know. After a labor day Gary.
Speaker 10: And Shannon, I had had enough emotionally, I felt no longer attached and broke off the relationship. Went to blow off some steam later that evening with some guy friends some girlfriends, and she was there stalking me, and later came home. My door was open, only to find that everything I'd ever given to her was in ashes on my bedspread, burning, and even my bedspread hadn't looked like it had caught in fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, burning is a classic go to if you think you're going to get into a fight with your wife or girlfriend and then go have fun somewhere. You are sorely mistaken, Like that's the first mistake, spoken like a true saying person.
Speaker 8: Aagorian Shannon Carol for Morange County. I've got the craziest X story. It involves guns, shooting, oh, getting arrested, getting fired from your job, going to trial. But I'm afraid to say what it is because he was found not guilty technically no anyway, and so I don't want to get sued.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: It's like when we tell you someone in prison they've gone away for something really bad. Most people get away with stuff, and they get away with stuff time and time again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hard to go to jail, it really is.
Speaker 11: Hey Gary, Shannon David and Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Hey David.
Speaker 2: My mom her second marriage.
Speaker 12: She's married to.
Speaker 13: A guy who out of nowhere. One day he decided he thought he was Jesus. Tried to smother my sister with a pillow because he told my mom he could bring her back.
Speaker 3: Luckily, she caught him in town.
Speaker 1: His fine line between a relationship, a close relationship with God and believing your God as soon as that line gets blurry, the red flag shoots up.
Speaker 4: I thought it was interesting that he said it was a decision that the guy made. He decided that he was Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yes, also not how it.
Speaker 10: Works, Hi, Garynon.
Speaker 5: My crazy X story is.
Speaker 6: I had a boyfriend that while we were breaking up, she took me to a restaurant and he gave me his marksmanship metal that.
Speaker 5: He could in the coast Guard.
Speaker 2: Oh said it was the most important thing they ever had.
Speaker 7: You wanted me to have it.
Speaker 14: He also called me and then didn't hang up the phone in the days when the phone would not.
Speaker 3: Just kidding, Ah, that's always fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tell your current girlfriend you're a really good shot.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit.
Speaker 1: I mean it's funny because you know, in a movie or in a book, when someone says I'm giving you this it's my most prized possession or whatever, it's so sweet, But in real life it's always a little like it seems a little manipulative or I don't know.
Speaker 15: I don't know how, I don't know what you would give. You would use your kid's baby teeth and give them my wife and she would immediately throw them away.
Speaker 2: Honey, I love you so much. This is my prize possession of these old baby teeth.
Speaker 4: Oh that's nice, Nintendo switch to out today, Mark Saltzman.
Speaker 2: It's like on.
Speaker 1: Love Hotel when that one guy falls in love with Luanne. You needn't fall in love. It was it was too quick for you to fall in love. You don't know this person, you know. It's like when you give somebody your most prized possession and I think he feels then, I think he wants to have sex with her, like most men feel when they won't say.
Speaker 3: They love you, telling.
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 4: I've never been on the receiving end of those things. So of what men telling me they love me just so they can have sex with me?
Speaker 2: Oh, well, the day is young. We can remedy that real quick.
Speaker 3: Lunch, John Gary Shannon will continue.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am sixty.
Speaker 1: Well, we have talked about all the hype surrounding Nintendo switch to the pre orders, the people lining up today. Finally they have hit the shelves. It's where we start our tech talk.
Speaker 4: The machines are getting smarter.
Speaker 7: This is tech Talk brought to you by Skynet.
Speaker 2: Problem.
Speaker 1: Mark Saltzman Top of the Afternoon to you, sir, and are you a Nintendo Switch guy?
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 12: I have the new Nintendo Switch too in my grubby little hands. Yeah, it came out today. I was in New York yesterday and I saw when I was in the back of my uber, I saw all these people lining up outside of game stops and best Spuys and all that. So, yeah, it looks like it's still in demand. I mean, Nintendo's got that secret sauce. They just they know how to create a system that just gets everybody bonkers. I mean, it's the This is the successor to one of the best selling game consoles in the history of the industry. I think the original game Boy was the biggest, but yeah, so this is the successor. This is it's whatever whatever made the Nintendo Switch eight years ago, so sought after. They've improved everything, in my opinion. So a bigger screen. Oh, first of all, let's just take a step back. It's called the Nintendo Switch for those who don't know, because you can switch between a handheld console and one that you can dock and play on your big screen TV. You get the docking station in the box, so that's why I think it's the versatility is one of the reasons why it had become so popular eight years ago.
Speaker 4: Is there is that way mark to compare that to compare the computing power that's in a Nintendo switch to to what other consoles were in the past.
Speaker 12: So Nintendo tends to not play that game. And that's usually you know, PS five versus Xbox Series X, like, that's the they go for all that processing power that It is true that Nintendo has upped its game pun intended in terms of specs. So it's got twice the resolution for the screen. It's a better looking screen and a bigger screen. This is on the device itself. It's got spatial audio. Now, it's got a fast processor.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 12: They're kind of mom on the deets, like what exactly is the processor and how many hurts is it rendering images and all that, But that's not what Nintendo gamers tend to want.
Speaker 3: They do have twice the.
Speaker 12: Hurts or the response times and measured and hurts where it can. The higher the number, the smoother the gameplay is. So now it's at one hundred and twenty, which doubles the typical sixty frames per second rate that some consoles have. But Nintendo plays you know, they march by the beat of their own drum, and they don't care about what Xbox and PlayStation are doing. And they've got those exclusives like you know, those characters like Mario and Donkey Kong and Princess Peach and Link from the Zelda series. That's what they want.
Speaker 3: What they have at it, and they are playing.
Speaker 2: A bit of catch up.
Speaker 12: Here is is for the first time, I built in microphone so you can chat with people who you're playing with or against, not with you in person. This is something you've been able to do for years on Xbox and PlayStation, but Nintendo has this Jena se Qua. They make it really fun and and almost like a little wink and a nudge nudge, like when you pull up your friends pictures or icons on the Nintendo Switch too. You know, you can see at the bottom of the screen who's like what they're doing at that time, and then you can click and then immediately connect with them. So it's kind of fun, you know, playful, which is very much in line with Nintendo. The Joycon controllers on each side of the screen now magnetically affixed to the console. You don't have to like find I don't know if your listeners are going to know what I mean, but there's With the original Nintendo Switch, there were these little grooves that you had to perfectly align the the game pads in it and slide it in. So now it just magnetically attaches just across the board. They made it so much more fun. And yeah, whether you play with somebody beside you on the same device or on the same TV or online, I think they've hit a home.
Speaker 7: Run with this.
Speaker 4: I mean, time will tell, but Nintendo says they expect to sell fifteen million of these to even I think that's a conservative estimate.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think with the tariffs and all that they were bracing for a higher price. But it's it's it is what they were expecting at four point fifty for the regular console and then five hundred if you want the game Nintendo. It's called Mario Kart Worlds, you know Mario Kart racing where you can throw bananas on the track.
Speaker 3: And all that.
Speaker 12: It's really fun they have. They made it open a little bit more open world, so you can even drive around and not particular you know, partake in a particular race, drive around with friends like in the desert, look for secrets and Easter eggs, and take pictures of one another within the game. So yeah, I think they've they've done a good job. But at the end of the day, it's the games that are the most important. So hopefully there will have it'll have a rich library of games. It's a little sparse to start, but there's some good ones coming and parents will like to know that the Nintendo Switch to plays all existing Nintendo's Witch games, whether it's a digital download or on a little card a little cartridge.
Speaker 4: This is a weird trivia thing that I that I knew about. Doug Bowser is the president of Nintendo America, and Bowser is King Koopa in the Mario series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fascinating.
Speaker 12: So there was a clip of me on The Tonight Show last week where Jimmy, I don't know, I sent this to your producer, but I don't know.
Speaker 7: You don't have to play it.
Speaker 3: It's short, but.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, of course we will.
Speaker 12: So it's it's it's basically Jimmy Kimmel, right, not fallon.
Speaker 3: I always get those two.
Speaker 4: Well, it depends which one. It's Night Show Kimmel, that's Fallon.
Speaker 5: I had.
Speaker 3: Like, alike, I get it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, anyway, Jimmy, Fallon is making a joke about he's he's like kidditzing with the band's leader and says something about how the pope's name something about his name is like pizza or something. And then he said and then the band leader said, and I'm sorry, I forgot his name too, quest Love. He's thank you, he says, what what's next? You're going to tell me that the president of Nintendo of America's name is Doug Bowser because Bowser is of course a character.
Speaker 3: In the Nintendo world.
Speaker 12: And then you see a clip and then and then Fallon says, actually, take a look at this. And then you see me interviewing. I say, we're joined by Doug Bowser, and it is that is the name of the president of Nintendo of America. So it's a funny clip. So all my friends were texting me, going, dude, you're on the tonight show. I'm like, well, pretty really not really, but it's cool. It's funny. Yeah, that's funny clip.
Speaker 3: Great if they gave those individuals.
Speaker 12: From that, yeah, it wouldn't that be nice. That was a big setup for not a huge sort of punch now, And it was fun. It was fine, it was fun.
Speaker 3: You've been on The Tonight Show a whole lot more times than we have.
Speaker 12: I would love to see Gary, Gary and Shannon on the Tonight Show.
Speaker 2: I think that would be awesome.
Speaker 4: That makes one person, But it takes a journey of one thousand miles. Takes one person to make a thing. So the way switch to is four hundred and forty nine dollars. Uh, that is that seems kind of expensive for forty nine.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's inflation. I don't even know how much the original Nintendo switch was. I think maybe two ninety nine, going back, you know, eight years, so it's it's a markup. But PS five and xboxes are not cheap either, especially with what's going on with tariffs. So and some games are going to be expensive. I mean this has been online a lot of people buzzing about this that they could be as much as you know, eighty ninety dollars. We could see one hundred dollars games one day, you know. So times are changing. It's not it's not cheap to be a gamer these days.
Speaker 4: No got out of that business a long time ago unfortunately, So hey Mark, thanks as always appreciate your time. Likewise, thanks Mark Saltzman. Make sure you follow Mark on Twitter on x Marc Underscore Saltsman with a Z.
Speaker 1: Are you ever worried that if you picked up one of these Nintendo switches that you would just be obsessed with it?
Speaker 4: I remember how, Yeah, because I remember playing I remember that games for a long time, right, and how I could go, I could go hours.
Speaker 2: There's different. There's a difference.
Speaker 1: So seeing a twelve year old boy play that, yeah, and seeing a fifty two year old boy play.
Speaker 2: That, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, it's okay for the twelve year old, right, it's expected, it's expect even.
Speaker 2: The twenty six year old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could argue, sure, But when you get to be you know, middle aged, it's different, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I would love to see I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's there's probably tons and tons of I probably know tons and tons of middle aged people that game all the time, and I just don't know about it.
Speaker 4: I would like there to be a consciousness. But the switch, you're out in public with it, right, you can be yeah, yeah, I just.
Speaker 2: Want you to hide it, like if you spend you know, eighteen hours a day gaming. Cool. I enjoy yourself, but I don't know if I want to know about it? Do you? You're looking at me like you do.
Speaker 4: I want each individual person to be aware of what they're doing.
Speaker 3: That's what I would want.
Speaker 2: What do you mean aware of what they're doing?
Speaker 4: I mean there comes in awakening when you're like, wait a minute, what just happened to those last five and a half hours?
Speaker 3: Right? And I didn't even finish the level? Like whatever you were.
Speaker 1: Saying, Like, if you know, Okay, I'm gonna sit down and play for five hours, that's fine.
Speaker 2: But if you lose the day and I see.
Speaker 4: What and then just keep thinking about it? I mean it's literally an addiction for some people. Yeah, that would be That's not a good thing. And I mean even being aware of it isn't enough to change it.
Speaker 3: But it's wow. Sorry, great X.
Speaker 1: Stories and we come back there should do you should produce like an intervention show, but for gamers, no, that sounds awful.
Speaker 2: Think of the smells.
Speaker 3: Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI for.
Speaker 4: The Disneyland and Disney World has impact of about sixty seven billion dollars nationwide, so yes is great and support about four hundred thousand jobs across the United States. Specifically, they say that the Disneyland resort had an annual economic impact of more than sixteen billion dollars here in Southern California. The directly and indirectly support more than one hundred and two thousand jobs throughout the entire Southern California area.
Speaker 3: That's, of course they do. Of course it's great.
Speaker 4: President Trump is again banning people from countries that his administration deems dangerous from coming to America. This travel ban that was issued yesterday is a kind of a repeat of an order during the first administration. This version, though, includes Afghanistan, Me and mar Chad, Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Haiti, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen.
Speaker 1: I love a shout out for Equatorial Guinea. That's always a crowd plaser. You really don't, would you like your Jeopardy questions? Since we're talking about the Earth, I'm going to amend it a little bit because it's so easy. But there's a part of it that is interesting and of note, so I'm just going to change it around Earth Science for four.
Speaker 2: Hundred dollars Earth Science four.
Speaker 1: This type of cloud can weigh more than one million pounds. Think of your types of clouds, cumulonimbus, cumulus, cumulus. Yeah, you went for the for the fancy, you sure did. Cumulus, just straight cumulus. You get nimbus, you get a little lighter, thins out a little bit cumulus, cumulus, nimbus stratus.
Speaker 3: What are some other clouds Cumulo, nimbus.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, okay, it's kind of a cheek.
Speaker 3: And one it looked like dragons.
Speaker 1: But did you know that a cuminus cat way more than one million pounds. I mean, that's why when you fly through them, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Is that what makes them crazy? Yeah? That they waste so crazy. Moisture Shannon.
Speaker 14: I had a next back in the eighties. She was Puerto Rican Colombian, and when we decided to split up, actually I had to split up with her, she was so upset.
Speaker 11: A few days later.
Speaker 14: I had these Colombians at my front door. Didn't answer it, and when they left, they did a dry by and shot at my corvette with a bunch of bullets. So, yeah, that was a terrible experience.
Speaker 1: You can't date a girl that's going to cut you without marrying her, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Really, let's not forget the old adage by the cow. There's a complete disconnect between someone's sanity and their and their ability to love.
Speaker 2: I disagree. I think they can exist together.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that there's a there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of crazy people with an enormous capacity to.
Speaker 3: Know why, and I'm saying that.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying is sometimes the crazier they are, the better they do it.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're talking about sex. No, not necessarily to repeatedly today. Sorry, I'm a dude.
Speaker 11: I had a girlfriend, I had a non girlfriend that wanted to be my girlfriend, and she and her friend toilet papered my trees and that kind of thing. And then she persisted that when I became a teacher, she applied for the job of teacher's assistant, and she got it not by me, but by the district. And she kept it up and ended up marrying her and she was the best thing ever happened to me.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, how about that. That's not crazy.
Speaker 1: That was really how I showed love in high school by tpeeing your house. If I liked you, I did a real nice tepee job on your house. Because I am a small boy. That's how I showed I liked you.
Speaker 2: I was the crazy X.
Speaker 5: And I'll tell you a little quick story as fast as I can say it. Sick all day. Boyfriend was supposed to bring me soup, took off with my neighbor. They didn't come back for hours and hours. Neighbor's wife and I went looking for him. And where did I find him? Had a strip joint and he was sitting.
Speaker 10: There just ooga.
Speaker 5: I and the girls there threw it on him, left, slashed his tires, pull out all the wires, put all this stuff in his vehicle and said bye bye.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, slashing tires.
Speaker 3: That's real.
Speaker 2: You gotta be carefully. You can't get caught doing that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, she was in the parking lot of his strip club. I don't think she cared. Probably not the first time they hit someone time.
Speaker 1: Also, what do you think he's going to be doing in this strip club? Signing up people to work at the charity event.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend, and he's doing free immunizations. I don't know.
Speaker 13: Pigre and Shanna, I'm gonna flip this. I was the crazy X at one point, you know, follow my ex around, seeing who she's with, who she's calling, and all that jealous crap. It took me my wife that I have today to grow up and realize how special she is. Anyways, have a good day.
Speaker 1: It's nice to know that a guy that you would file a restraining order on turns out to be in a nice, healthy relationship in marriage.
Speaker 4: I haven't even better the best one that we have I'll have to play a little bit later.
Speaker 1: Really better than a female KFI host went crazy on my ass.
Speaker 4: Yes, because that was pretty good. Because this one has gone on for decades.
Speaker 2: Ps.
Speaker 1: I've gotten several text messages from people guessing women that have worked here that are not our guests, like people that I had forgotten about that are like go tos for people.
Speaker 3: That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: If you miss any part of our show, please go back and check out the podcast. While you're there, make sure that you subscribe to the podcast. Wherever you find podcasts, type in Gary and Shannon, subscribe, rate the podcast, leave comments on the podcast. Most importantly, share the podcast, and then over the weekends you get access to the Gas Weekend Fix, which is a segment of the podcast that only appears on the podcast, not on the regular How.
Speaker 2: Many times can you say podcasts?
Speaker 1: I love the podcast, look at the podcast.
Speaker 3: I hate it when people say pod.
Speaker 1: Oh me too, It's so lame, lazy. Oh ps. How many pss do you have?
Speaker 2: Did I have? I done a lot?
Speaker 3: I think this is a pps.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was looking at Wired today, Expired, tired, and wired phrases.
Speaker 2: Expired, I bought a Tesla.
Speaker 1: Tired, I bought a Tesla before Elon went crazy. Wired, I bought a Rivian now uh. And then there's there's other things like, let's see here expired buying Alaska, tired, stealing Greenland, Wired California succeeding. And then there's this one expired, watching tentacle porn, tired, having sex with monsters in VR, and wired the thing that's in having sex with monsters on DMT.
Speaker 2: What is DMT?
Speaker 3: It's a drug?
Speaker 2: Oh it is. Yeah, there's drugs I don't even know about.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: See that's what happens when you get old.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Gary and Shannon will continue right after this.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show, you can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap