Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray on WBS Boston Radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much to Coole. As we work our way through I guess what might be eventually a stormy Wednesday night. If you are out there driving, please be careful. The roads are getting still icy. And then is slip and slide, and we don't want any of our listeners on Nightside slip, slide and away. My name is Dan Ray and the host of Nightside, hence the appropriately named Nightside with Dan Ray. Rob Brooks, the producer of this program, is back at Broadcast Central in headquarters. No one knows exactly where that is, but it's a place that Rob controls and runs the whole program from, and he will put you on the air if you call after nine o'clock. This hour, we have four interesting guests and four different topics. We're going to talk about Valentine's Day scams, the scamsters are out there, going to talk about minting pennies or not minting pennies, going to talk about Boston's most romantic spots, this being Valentine's Week. And also we're going to learn about energy healing. Sounds interesting. We are going to talk with an energy worker and healer. And during the program tonight at nine o'clock, we're going to talk with a principal of a local high school, Westwood High School, the principal, Amy Davenport, and a financial literacy teacher, Breon Mahegan. They teach. As a matter of fact, it's a requirement for graduation to pass a financial literacy course at Westwood High School, so good for them. They also teach civics there. Then at ten o'clock tonight, we'll talk about this whirlwind twenty four hours for President Trump. He is certainly squarely back on the international stage. Watts to talk about today. Lotts has accomplished all of its seeming for the good, and we'll talk about that tonight beginning at ten o'clock. But first I want to welcome back PAULA Fleming, the chief marketing and sales officer for the Better Business Bureau of Boston, of the Boston Better Business Bureau. That's another way to prove to say it. And paulin welcome. You're going to talk to us tonight about Valentine's Day scams? What's going on here?
Speaker 3: Good evening, Yes, we are going to talk about that. Well, we want to make sure that scammers don't end up breaking your heart or your bank account this Valentine's Day week. So we want your listeners to be aware of some scams that are happening surrounding Valentine's Day and finding love.
Speaker 2: So who's who? Are they who? The scams just focusing on all of us or are they laser focused on one group of people?
Speaker 3: No, no, it is actually all of us. And we're talking about everything from romance scams to fake florist scams. So it does really touch upon potentially anyone, whether you're purchasing flowers for someone you love or you're seeking to find love of It really can touch anyone and it's sad. But with a staggering twenty seven point five billion dollars projected to be spent by the National Retail Federation this Valentine's Day season, we want people to make sure they're spending it wisely.
Speaker 2: Okay, so how does it work and others? Are you going to get a phone call, You're going to get an email? I guess they probably are coming at you in a lot of different directions.
Speaker 3: They are exactly yes, well one of them is an imposter website. So scammers are creating fake websites that actually mimic legitimate businesses. So for example, jewelry stores, dating sites. What they're doing is stealing logos, photos and even real, real sale promotions that appear to be authentic to the eye. But these sites, unfortunately are offering they are scams. They are offering incredibly low prices, and that's a red flow that we want people to be aware of.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you open up your email or you open up your teas message and there's some florist that you've never heard of, or some jewelry store that you've never heard of. Uh, they tried to do they try to Are they imitated? I mean how sophisticated are they? Meaning if we live in the in the New England area and you get an email from some florist that seems to be local, they use a local address Boston or Providence, I guess that makes it a little more credible. At the same time, a sophisticated person could double check and see if that, uh that that a store, that that company actually exists or is it kind of one of these order flowers from one eight hundred, which you know are more generic.
Speaker 3: No, you know it's actually they're even using legitimate business name, so it's really hard to tell. But what I can say is you should be wary of requests for payment through cash transfer apps or cryptocurrency. Always check the customer service contact information, so if it's missing, or if you dial the phone number there's no answer, you obviously want to steer clear. We obviously want people to enjoy Valentine's Day, and if you're purchasing jewelry or uh, you know, flowers, we want to make sure they get to the person you're trying to order for the fake for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the rule of the would be use a florist that you have used before. Or if you're going to buy jewelry for someone, go to a jewelry so legitimate supposed Yeah, I mean literally a store that you would know, so you can see the see the jewelry, uh and you know, and purchase it. Obviously, if they say to you you can, we could get you a you know, a diamond ring for twenty five dollars. As your mother used to say, if it sounds too good to be true, it obviously.
Speaker 3: Is exactly Well, yeah, ask for a credit.
Speaker 2: Card, because I assume a credit card is just as dangerous as you know, asking you know, for crypto or some other more.
Speaker 3: Well, I always, I always encourage people to use a credit card when making a purchase because it is an extra layer of protection. Then what I mean by that is, oftentimes you if you are stammed or if you are not happy with the product purchased or the service, and you use a credit card, then you can actually dispute the charge through the credit card company, and you're much more likely to recoup your funds. And should you say, use a debit card and automatically withdraws from your bank, it's very difficult to recoup the funds in regardless.
Speaker 2: To if you use a credit card, then they got a lot of information. They got your credit card number because they can. Yeah, but I'll tell you so. The bottom line is, I think literally anything that comes to you over your telephone, comes to you over your internet connections, Uh, in any way, shape or form, ignore it. I mean, that's that's you need to.
Speaker 3: Be extremely cautious.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would say just ignore it. What I mean, particularly for older folks who you know, who maybe aren't as Again, I know there are a lot of older people who are great, very computer literate, but I just think that this it has just gone so far beyond unless you're dealing I'm not the Beta Business Bureau, but Dan's advice is unless you're dealing with a company you know or that's legitimate, and there are legitimate companies, don't fall for anything. If you think it's a good deal, you're probably going to end up regretting it.
Speaker 3: Well, you did say Dan's advice is good advice, So what you already mentioned, be wary of deals that are good too good to be true. Research before you buy, so go to BBB dot org check out those reviews and complaints. Never ever give personal information to strangers or your credit card information if you're not one hundred percent sure on who is on the other end, don't rush into relationships what I mean by that, take your time getting to know someone online, and never send money to someone you haven't met in person. Obviously, these scammers prey on emotions, targeting people who are vulnerable due to a recent breakup or a hardship, so they want to build relationships quickly, gain trust, and fabricate a SOB story to ask for money. So you're trying to find love and they're trying to bamboozle you for some funds, so we want people to be cautious there. And as I mentioned, secure payment methods are important. Avoid using cash transfer apps. Please don't venmo or pay how anyone any type of funds for online purchases. Or if you think that you found the love of your life and you're trying to help them out of a jam.
Speaker 2: Oh, those are the ones that are so sad. I mean, those are the ones you have no idea who you're dealing with unless you've met that person at a minimum. That's what doctor Dan's advice is for the love on It's easy to be lovela and keep your money in your own bank account that it is to send it off to some scamster in out of Bulgaria or something like that. Paula Lovely as a guest, you know that, and I love the advice.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: People are listening tonight. Paula Fleming of the Boston Beta Business Bureau and Paula, if folks want to get in touch game or information, give us the website one more time.
Speaker 3: BBB dot org, BBB dot org couldn't be easier.
Speaker 2: BBG, BBB, BBB dot org. As always Paul Valentine's.
Speaker 3: Day, same to you. Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, when we get back, we're going to talk about something that actually makes sense that the government is doing. The US mint mince pennies. It cost them two cents to mint a penny. Maybe it's time for the pennies to go the way of the horse and buggy. We'll talk with Bill Dendy, CPA and financial strategist with Raymond James right after this break. My name is Dan ray. This is Nightside. To listen w BZ, Boston's news radio ten thirty and your am dial.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray Line from the Window World.
Speaker 4: Nightside Studios on WBZ the news radio.
Speaker 2: All right with me is Bill Dandy. Bill is a CPA and financial strategist with Raymond James. Everybody knows about Raymond James Stadium down in Tampa, Florida. But tonight we're going to talk about pennies for a long time. Bill. First of all, welcome Bill, Welcome back to Nightside.
Speaker 4: How are you man?
Speaker 1: I'm great, and it's good to be with you. And it's kind of funny. I've been corrected several times. The United States, we don't literally have a penny. That's the UK term. We have a one cent piece, but it's a penny to the rest of us. So, yes, we're gonna talk about pennies. I hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, they call it over the don't they call it a pence or something like that. I mean, you know, we know, so you've confused me here. We have pennies, we call them pennies. Flip a penny and you know I found a penny on the sidewalks. So who's who's tried to who's tried to divest you with that term pennies.
Speaker 1: A lot of people have said on the penny, we don't say it's a penny, it's a one cent piece. Because I early on we got many pennies, we said pennies was a UK term and we rejected pence and pennies that went with it. But we all still call them pennies.
Speaker 4: And what these people need to do.
Speaker 2: Those people need to get a life bill.
Speaker 1: They'll argue about the number of angels on the pen head of a needle, but we know.
Speaker 2: It's seven, right, No big deal. Okay, let's talk about pennies. It's costing two cents to make a penny and it has cost more than a penny to make a penny for a long time. And apparently Donald Trump has signed an executive order to stop producing pennies.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of funny problem They say it's actually like three point seven to four cents per penny. Donald Trump underestimated the cost by about half. But I'm kind of interested. That's the excuse that he says, no more pennies. We're not gonna make them going forward. And that's got a lot of people unhinged because we like our pennies.
Speaker 2: Well, they weigh you down in your pocket. I still keep pennies, and you know, I don't throw pennies away. A lot of people throw them away, but hey, they're they've Let's assume they stop making pennies today. Any idea how many pennies are in circulation in America at this point? There must come on of pennies.
Speaker 1: Last year we made over a billion. Already there are billions of pennies. But what's funny, as soon as we tell the world that we're not going to make anymore, the average American is going to start hoarting pennies. They already are. They've got penny jars they've got drawers of pennies. They're changed, they're weighs and down, so they throw it on a dower and they never go cast those things in. But if you know they're not going to make any more new pennies, you're not going to spend your old penny. And so that's going to cause a shortage of pennies, which will probably cause a lot of retailers to say, when we're doing with cash, we're going to round up to the nearest nickel because we don't have the pennies to make change with, because they just aren't enough of them in circulation, which is going to have an interesting impact.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I got a history question for you. During World War two, I think it was in nineteen forty two, we made pennies of another. They weren't made of whatever pennies are made of, copper or whatever it is. They made inexpensive pennies because I guess that was more important. They were kind of gray collared. Do you remember those? You have seen any of those in circulation.
Speaker 1: You know what's kind of interesting is we quit making pennies. They're no longer copper pennies. There's two point five percent copper. The other ninety seven and a half percent is now zinc, and so they had done entirely. I think it was zinc pennies at the time. Now they're copper plated zinc pennies. And the nickel is no longer made mostly of nickel. It's made mostly of copper with a nickel plating. So we kind of downgraded our currencies. And a really weird thing that's probably gonna happen is if we round up to the nearest nickel, we're not gonna have enough nickels in circulations. So we're gonna have to p and make more nickels. And if we meant more nickels, they cost like fourteen cents each to make, and so that's gonna be even more expensive than pennies. But it kind of makes sense to get rid of a unit of currency that is so small that people won't even bend over in the street to pick them up. People throw away their pennies.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, I.
Speaker 2: Still pick up pennies. Let me tell you, I'm I look at it not only as a penny, but it's also I look at it as my lucky day. You know, it's gonna it's an home.
Speaker 4: Of a good shoe.
Speaker 1: It is turned the right side, it means something. My twenty two year old son gave me grief for picking up a quarter and he's like, man, we got to pick up quarters off the street. It could have cooties on it. I'm my son, I'll pick up a penny off the streets. I said you you wouldn't pick up money if you found it, And we had to get up to one hundred dollars bill before he had chase it down and he wouldn't go very fast, very far.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you welcome to the world. Don kid. Look, My kids laugh at me on things I do too, so don't feel badly about that. So this executive order, are they shutting it down? Is there any way that Congress is going to turn this around or is this a done deal?
Speaker 1: No, Congress is supposed to have the right to do our currency and the Treasury is supposed to mint our coins as needed for circulation. But if Trump says no more, it'll probably stand up to judicial to lawsuits that we haven't. So it's probably going to happen as they push it. And don't worry, It's already happened in other countries. Canada got rid of theirs.
Speaker 4: I mean, it didn't.
Speaker 1: Cause the country to spiral into hyperinflation, it didn't cause things to melt down. It does cause people to quit spending their pennies and hoard them, but then they're going to realize later that they're nies don't have a real value other than metal value, which is probably two or three cents instead of one penny. So maybe that's where these pennies all end up down the road. But it's not going to ruin our lives. However, for those who pay in cash, who have lower incomes, if we round up to the nearest nickel, it might more adversely affect them than those who deal with larger denominations.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the simple solution in the short run is anything that's you know, ninety nine cents just becomes a dollar, simple as that. I mean, that's you know, that's that's the easiest deal way to deal with it. Bill. I love your passion, Love love having you on as a guest. How can folks get in touch with you if they're looking? You know, everybody comes on and there's always got a website or got a new book coming out? What what? How can folks get in touch?
Speaker 1: Well, website is kind of a weird one. I name my own the firm based on my eleven year old daughter's recommendation, and I I'm probably positioned just fine for those eleven year olds when they grow up. But it's Alicorn al I c O r N.
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Do you even know what the alcorn is?
Speaker 2: I have no clue, to be honest with you. I think there was a defensive back for the Steelers back in No no, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no Aliorn. See that's the problem in the world of a question. Yeah, my little pony, the unicorn is special. All horses are special, but the unicorn is very special. A pegasus is very special. But the most special of all is the flying unicorn, a peggancorn or an alicorn, and that is Alicorn Investment Management Aliicorn ali c r N Alicorn Investmentmanagement dot com. And hopefully people will understand that someday that a person that does tax, legal, insurance and investments all in one is kind of an Aliicorn out there. And that's what we try to do.
Speaker 2: I learned something every night on this show, no matter what Bill Dendy, thank you so much, we'll talk to one that's a great one.
Speaker 1: Always a pleasure, care about you.
Speaker 2: Coming up at right after the eight thirty newscast, we're going to show you or tell you about Boston's most romantic Spot's going to talk with Mike Dean, he's an Axios Boston reporter. And then later on tonight we'll talk about energy healing, exactly what energy healing is. And then later on this evening, we're going to talk about financial literacy as a requirement for high school graduation in Westwood. And we're going to talk about a very active day by President Trump and the Trump White House. Tomorrow night, by the way, at nine o'clock, we will have a longtime frint of this program, CPA Mark Misselbeck talking about your taxes. I hate to remind you about this, but April fifteenth is just around the corner. It's like two months from now. Folks got to pull that taxit. Materials together will help you to start the process. Tomorrow night at nine o'clock. My name's Dan Ray. This is Nightside.
Speaker 1: It's night Side, Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Well following along on our Valentine's Day theme interviews this week, we're going to talk with Mike Dian. Mike is an Axios Boston reporter and they have been running a poll on Boston's most romantic spots. First of all, Mike, some folks might not be familiar with Axios, which is a new news website. Give us a little bit of information. You guys have opened an office here in Boston. I think you've been here, what six or eight months at this point.
Speaker 4: No, only three years in June. Actually we've been five fly I know, I know, it's since twenty twenty two. And thank you for asking Dan, and it's yeah, it's good Actos. It's a national news organization. You've probably seen some of our reporters on cable TV or gotten some of the national AM and TM newsletters as they're known, and the Boston newsletter that I write is part of the national network. We're in thirty two thirty five cities right now, kind of trying to take some of the methods and formats that's worked force nationally and apply them to local news. And you can find it at xios dot com slash Boston. It's Axios and thank you for bringing it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, just perspective you are a digital news side. It's not as if you're producing a newspaper. And I assume you have digital content as well as some visual and audio content as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not so much on the audio. It's definitely the newsletter that you'll get. You know, it's an email newsletter, I should be clear, is kind of a mini publication in and of itself, if I kind of think of it as almost the front page of a newspaper as far as the selection of stories you're going to see in the kind of diversity of news, lighter, fair, harder news, that kind of a thing.
Speaker 2: And I will ask you at the end, but in case I forget, can people subscribe? What can we generate a little business for you here?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Please do. Yeah, it's free three for everybody. Axios dot com slash Boston or if you just google Axios Boston, it's the first thing that comes up. Yes, putting your email address and you'll start getting it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is going to be a real good question. How do you monetize this If it's.
Speaker 4: Free advertising in the old fashioned way, that's great.
Speaker 2: That's great. That's great. Okay, So let's talk. So you have been running a poll for a while about Boston's most romantic spot. Okay, for me, Boston's most romantic spot is obviously Fenway Park, and that get knocked out by the swan Boats early on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, easy to understand that one. But you know, I think a lot of Fenway diehards might feel the other way. But yeah, that was that was sixty five percent in favor of the swan Boats.
Speaker 2: It was so tough he for the Red Sox and that So, so where do you stand at this point? And and when is the final Is the voting still open?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We actually were going into the championship round. We're down to our final two. That's going to be in tomorrow's newsletter and voting actually, voting is open now. And I can tell you that's going to be between our top two finishers, where the Public Garden Bridge and the Arnold Arboretum, which I think are two pretty romantic spots. I don't think two people will be too surprised by those two as the finishers. The Public Garden Bridge beat out the Charles River in a boat I wanted to specify failing on the Charles River, and uh, they it was. They got to the final four and the Arboretum beat out the Esplanade.
Speaker 2: You had some other competitors in here. You had Boston Common, which I thought had possibility, Rose Wharf, Childs River in a boat. As you said, I don't know what Pammies is. That was one of the entrants. What is Pammies. I've lived in Boston a long time. I've never heard of Pammies.
Speaker 4: Pam Yes, it's a restaurant. It's a restaurant in Cambridge. It may have been one of the restaurants we talked about the last time I was on your show. Yeah, it's a popular restaurant Cambridge. I think a lot of people may have had first dates there or you know, maybe some proposals. It's a cozy little spot. It definitely ranks as far as one of the more romantic restaurants on the list. While we asked our readers to make suggestions, it's how we came up with the sixteen places that you made up the tournament bracket to begin with. Pammies was the only one that got multiple votes as far as being a restaurant. So there aren't that many spots other than I think that the top of the hub slash who what's now known as a View Boston was the only other restaurant on the list there, but pretty much the other ones were all kind of natural or park type of well, you know, you go back here.
Speaker 2: The Public Garden edged out the top of the Hub, edged out the Isabella Stewart Gardener Museum, uh, and edged out Charles River in a boat as you said, uh, And Arnold Arboretum edged out Park Street Station. They talked about the MBTA station is being a romantic place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they're.
Speaker 2: Talking above ground. I hope.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of romantic moments happened when a couple may be waiting for the train, or especially on that Redline platform where you might have one train going one way and the other going the other way. I can tell you yeah, sometimes that puts a little pressure and can lead to some moments. So I see what people need.
Speaker 2: Okay. So but so the Public Garden says, we're trying to give that. We gave who the Public Guard beat out just to give him sense of Arnold Aboretum, uh, beat out the Esplanade, beat out the Swan boats, and beat out Park Street Station. So it's it's interesting and this will when will the results be announced I assume to be announced on Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: Well, it's going to be on Friday. I think that's the last time we publish. Oh, you're right, it is right the fourth. I was thinking it was Saturday. The Yeah, so on Valentine's Day, our lead story in the newsletter is going to be who the winner is either the public garden bridge or the Arboretum.
Speaker 2: That's good. Well have you done this before? Is this the first time? I mean it's it's it's it's the sort of thing that will generate some reader interest, which is good. Or is this the first week you've done this.
Speaker 4: It's the first time we've done this romantic spots thing. But we've done other brackets in the past, some of substance and some quite silly. I think some of the other popul ones. We did Best Local Athlete. I think Bill Russell ended up winning that one. In the end, we've done best coffee shop. We've done I think Best Boston Movie. I think Goodwill Hunting won that one. You know, it's kind of local flavor, just things that are on people's minds.
Speaker 2: Sure, best best coffee job has to be Duncan.
Speaker 4: Right, probably, Yeah, I know well it was. That's that's my volume. Yes, I think that that's undeniable. But yeah, it was one of the ones downtown on Tremont Street.
Speaker 2: But so so yeah, you couldn't have put Duncan in there against these local coffee shops because that would be a little unfair. I assume always Duncan in there. Did Duncan get beat out by some coffee shop?
Speaker 4: I think it well. I think Duncan was in there and got beat out when it got to more of the premium barista type places. We were going for, you know, best kind of cafe atmosphere. It wasn't exactly h Duncan would have been best at but you know, they were very well represented and we definitely had you know, we had a lot of entries about it. But I think most people when they submitted some comments, they were like, of course I love Duncans, but if you're asking about actually best coffee shop, it's going to be something else.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, I'm Duncan's all. I'm Duncan all the way. It's as simple as that. When you go in there for a long time, you feel you what you were Duncan here.
Speaker 4: I was a honeydew man for a long time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, well now they have lay sticks. That's the best. Yeah, they had play sticks much better than honeydews. It's more subtle. But no, to go to an in duncan. You can sit in there and there's there's people in you know, in business suits, and there's there's a blue collar guys, and there's MBTA workers. I mean, it gives you a sense of the city, uh, as opposed to some of the places where you know, if you're not dressed to the nines, they really don't encourage you to stay. Let me put it like that. That happens to me a lot thrown out. Why haven't been thrown out of a duncan? And which is why I have an affinity for it.
Speaker 4: I hear you, Mike.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you a Boston guy originally. All right, well, that's great. It's great to know that that the journalists working for Axios are actually folks who know the city. And thank you for being with us tonight. We'll have you back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he should have said Mary Lose And now I think about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mary Lou's was good for a while. It's funny. What was the other one, the one that came in those those those Duncans that came in, not the Duncans with the donut chops that came in from the South a few years ago. They were just like sugar highs Frisby Creme.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Yeah, that was something else.
Speaker 2: Two or three of those, and you know they put you on a resuscitator and put you in handulets.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, thanks Mike, Hey, thank you to We'll get back.
Speaker 2: We will explain what energy healing is and and how it might help you. We're gonna talk about the gentleman by named Timothy Sprigs. He's an actual energy worker slash healer back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 4: Now im back to Dan.
Speaker 2: We're live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio. All right now, my question is what is energy healing? And I can't think of anyone better capable of answering this this burning question and my guest Timothy Spriggs. Timothy, welcome to Nightside. What is energy healing?
Speaker 5: Thank you? Dan. Yeah, I'm excited to be here to kind of describe some things here.
Speaker 2: And Timothy, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna bet you here I bet you on a speakerphone, right.
Speaker 5: Oh I can okay, hang on.
Speaker 2: Not good for that because it sounds it sounds like you're down the end of uh you know, a tunnel or something like that. So we want to know, we want to hear what you got here, So go right ahead. Okay, so much better, Timmy. There's a rundo applause for Timothy here. That's that's excellent. That is, when you listen to this tomorrow on night Side and Demand, you'll be able to listen to the interview that will be on and you will see how much better you sound. Right now, go right ahead. I'm sorry to have interrupted. Okay, you'll say, okay, go.
Speaker 5: Ahead, okay. So, energy healing is a it's a form of alternative medicine that aims to restore balance and prove well being by manipulating the body's energy. And it's based on the belief that the vital force or energy flows through the body and can be affected by you know, physical, emotional, and spiritual factors.
Speaker 4: And one of the.
Speaker 5: I don't know, there's a quote from Albert Einstein and he says that everything, absolutely everything has energy, So the walls, the floor, the people, everything is energy is just going at different frequencies. So that's I think partly why people start exploring some of this.
Speaker 2: And I have an Einstein quote for you. Einstein is said to have is reported to have said, I have no special talent. I'm only passionately curious. That's me. I'm I'm really curious about this, uh, this energy healing. So let's it's funny that you mentioned Einstein because I ask questions of people all the time and I learned I have when I said what is it? I I have an idea what it might be, but I have no expertise. So who who benefits from energy healing? You're not a doctor, obviously, but you are an energy worker and an energy healer. How do you become an energy healer? Have to take some courses? Or do you learn from from other energy healers?
Speaker 5: No? There are well in at least the modality that I use I use both for reiki as well as belief code, body code and emotion code, and all those require certifications, is.
Speaker 2: Like almost a kind of not a massage, but like a light massage touching. Correct if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 5: Well, Ranky's actually you might have some light touching, but it's usually pretty you're pretty close, they're not usually touching, and it's more than I'm channelling channeling energy basically from the universe to the person. And then I'm the hard part is I'm not supposed to have any kind of agenda. I'm supposed to say as neutral as possible, and then the energy kind of knows where to go and what to do for that person. And so it's it's a little nebulous yus and it is a very suddle kind of energy work. And once I found this other modality about the you know, emotion code, body code and belief code, I that's what I've been looking for for so long because it actually allows you to go in and be very specific and remove lockages because just like acupuncturists, they believe that, you know, if you get the energy flowing properly, then your body knows how to heal itself. And that's pretty much the same concept here, except I'm not using needles or anything. I go in. There's a template that I use, and I use muscle testing, and I'm sure if everyone's familiar that with that or not, but it muscle.
Speaker 2: Testing the only time I do muscle testing is at the gym, so I'm not exactly. Let me come to what you got here, motion code, body code, and belief code. First of all, this is not something that you do remotely. So if any of my listeners I'm not sure where you are, I don't think you're in the New England area? Correct? Where are you're from?
Speaker 5: Actually I can do it remotely. I actually do it remotely.
Speaker 2: Is it a zoom call or is it a phone call?
Speaker 5: It can be either, and I can even do like if someone sends an email or a text, I can do it without even talking to the person.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, Okay, I'm going to give you a chance to give some good contact information in a couple of minutes. But I want to give you just a couple more minutes to explain this. So when someone contacts you, whether it's in person zoom or over the phone or whatever or through email, what did they do tell you something about themselves which then allows you to channel energy to them, which allows them to release things that are giving them problems, that are trapped in either their physical or emotional sphere. Is that I'm trying to make sure I understand if from the money is to understand it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so yeah, I asked them to come up with three to five items that they're having issues with, and it actually is a really broad range. You have, you know, physical pain, emotional issues, relationship issues, even goals that seem elusive to the person. Okay, if they don't.
Speaker 2: Have let's do a hypothetically. Let's assume someone says, you know what, I've got a pain in my lower back. You know, I can't get rid of it. I went to chiroproactor, acupuncture, whatever. What do you do to them? What do you do with them to help them get rid of that pain?
Speaker 5: All right? So I basically I use bustle testing to connect with them, and I ask yes or no questions basically to find out what's causing that pain. And there's usually a good sized group, usually like thirty to fifty items that are attributing to that issue. And then I have to identify each and every one. So I can't just say, okay, I have this blanket and I get rid of the whole thing at once. I have to go through one at a time. And there's things called trapped emotions. That's one thing, one kind of blockage, and that's when you know throughout life, you have you know, everyone has emotions. Well, sometimes you have several in and some you put on the back burner and you never get back to, so they don't actually get normally processed, so they get actually trapped in your body somewhere, and then that can start causing issues down the road, because.
Speaker 2: That could be that emotion, could be the loss of a job, loss of a loved one, a relationship that went south, something like that.
Speaker 1: I assume, yes, yes, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: So usually usually.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty good idea.
Speaker 2: I think you've given us, in short order, pretty good idea about what you do. How can folks get in touch with you if they if they would like to avail themselves of themselves of your services.
Speaker 5: The best way is to go to my website which is Wellness Revival dot net, so not dot com but dot net.
Speaker 2: Perfect, okay, And.
Speaker 5: I do have a free discuss call, yes, wellnessurvival dot net, and I have a pre discovery call, so if they want to schedule appointments, fifteen minutes and we can talk all about it and have any questions they have and then we can go from there.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds great, Timothy. I appreciate you taking the time tonight. You've explained to me and I understand now this concept which I had no concept, no idea of, and I wish you best of luck and preps. We'll have you back.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you very much, great, Thank you so much. Dan.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. You're welcome. We got the nine o'clock news coming at us, and as soon as that is over, I shall return and we're going to be talking with the principal of Westwood High School and also a financial literacy slash math teacher. There a really innovative program that if you have kids in high school, your high school should have this program as well. In my humble opinion, back on Night's side, right after the nine