Speaker 1: Your summer pocket knife of information.
Speaker 2: It's the only way to stay. For fifty five karc D talk station.
Speaker 1: Coming up on eight six, I pick about PRCD talk station. Really enjoyed the lineup of guests this morning. Continuing the lineup of guests that I'm enjoying this morning, the return of tech editor Colin Madine, tech editor for breit Bart. You can find him online. As I always start out the segment B R E I T B A R T Breitbart dot Com, It's time for the inside scoop. Welcome back, Colin Maydine. It's always a pleasure talker with you, my friend. Happy to be here. Well, you know, we're in trouble here in the city of Cincinnati, and we make national headlines for what happened over the weekend, including the brawl, be the beatdown. I should more properly refer to it as covered on Breitbart as well. I mean, I'm not sure if you know a whole lot about Colin, but I did see that Breitbart covered the situation as well. What's your take on our problem here in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm absolutely aware of it. You know, first of all, I'm a Columbus native, and so I'd be in Cincinnati anytime I wanted to see decent sports teams as opposed to Cleveland. Right, it's great, So you know I did watch it carefully. My first reaction is something you've already touched on. A lot of the media is covering this as a brawl or a fight. All I saw was a beatdown, you know, people getting a mudhole stomped into them. Basically, what I really keyed in on as tech editor is your police chief went out there blaming social media and the media or this, you know, spreading virally and this being the national news about Cincinnati as opposed to something good, right, which we would all hope for, but usually isn't the case. My view is when you look at incidents that go viral, it can go two ways. There are incidents that are caused by social media and made, and then there's influence. There's incidents that happen and then go viral because they have all the right ingredients to go viral. So I don't view this as something caused by social media. When I think of things caused by social media, I'm thinking of TikTok making teenagers do stupid things, Whether it's eating tide pods or destroying their schools, yep, to get viral. That's not what happened here. What happened here is this terrible incident, probably alcohol fuels, and it much like the Coldplay concerts CEO that wasn't caused by social media, but it had all the ingredients to then go viral. You know, there's a lot of people and the reason they go to social media is to see knockouts in this fight whatever you want to call it, brawl, attack, beat down. You know, had these brutal knockdowns, right, and yes, you have a crowd at last I saw the crowd is estimated at one hundred people that was standing around filming it. Many of those people hope to have the video that goes viral because they think they're famous. They want that attention for one minute or ten minutes or fifteen minutes of fame like Americans used to hope for. Yeah, but you know, I disagree with your police chief out there saying it's the fault of social media, and it's the fault of the media for covering it. You have a much deeper problem that's being portrayed in that video.
Speaker 1: Without question, I think, you know, it becomes a social media phenomenon, most notably these these these knockdowns, these you know, random indiscriminate punching of people that really even when there's no altercation. We even had one of those that same roughly the same period of time on Saturday morning. It's you can hear the guy that's recording the video, it's sort of just waiting for this knockdown to happen. It was a setup. He was ready to record it when it happened, and out of nowhere, this guy just cole Cox, this innocent person who was just standing there, and he gets knocked to the ground and then the guy drags him out the middle of the street. People can't believe their own eyes and they see that, and that's why it becomes clickbait. It's like, oh my god, this is like societal breakdown kind of stuff. I can't believe what I'm watching. And then somebody else wants to do it, so they become the next viral sensation.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and you know there's other people out there saying, you know, the race aspect is why this went viral. That's not the reality we live in. Either the fight and the attack is what really gets people, exactly to your point, to just click on things, because you know, we see these types of videos going viral all the time, and it can be you know, it can be all, it can be black on black. We see that with Carnival Cruises, who had to basically go through a marketing crisis because all these videos of fights on cruise ships, certainly large so white people do the same thing. It's not, you know, from my perspective, it's that's not why I win viral? Whyowin viral? Was you had this large group of people. I think there was one nine to one one call according to what I read, exactly, because you get that it's essentially a mini riot, one might say, right, it's the behavior that humans is not I'm going to try to stop this because they'll be the next person beat down. Instead, it's I'm going to try to get famous off this. Because whether you're a social media expert or not, everyone has some concept of what's going to go viral these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, and you know it's it's something that I just can't get my head around, Colin, because okay, I'm going to be sixty in September. Maybe it's my age, But my first reaction is never to grab my phone and start taking pictures of something. I mean, even at family events, birthday parties. I just don't think about it, and so I wouldn't have. I don't think I would have pulled my phone out if I was downtown when that was going on.
Speaker 2: To record it.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't enter my mind. But that's not modern society, and that's certainly not the default position for seemingly most people these days.
Speaker 2: Well, Brian, in your defense, it's not just an age thing. Yes, Certainly older people, you know, as you get into the boomer generation, they don't have that instinct. I'm a tech editor gen X in my forties and I struggle with that too. We have a fox who runs around our neighborhood all day. I saw them and I had to like comically fumble with my phone right for the right camera. But there's you know, millions upon millions of people who are like quick jaw artists, right, like gunslingers with their phone and they're filming Hollywood style angles and lighting on the fly because and some of that is because you know, we have whole generations that are digital natives, people who were born with social media essentially, yeah, or in the you know, in YouTube, and part of it is, you know, it's that struggle of we have people who just they're not thinking the way we would associate with traditional American thinking and values, which is if they see something like that and that's not cysticus. Right, you have people getting knocked out, possibly brain damage. I don't know the condition of those poor people this morning, but you know that's not a fight, that's a that's a life threatening situation.
Speaker 1: With that question, well, you mentioned thinking and critical thinking I think has been an important aspect of my life and thank god I have critical thinking. It served me well in my practice of law. But that's the environment I was raised in, you know, the Socratic method. But pivoting over to artificial intelligence, I see the Teachers Union are teaming up with Microsoft and others thanks to a twenty three million dollar investment by Microsoft, Open AI and Anthropic to incorporate artificial intelligence into the classroom. And my concern about that is the default position for most is I'm not going to engage my own thought process. Is I'm just going to turn to chat, GPT or some other AI inspired to get the answer to whatever question. That's presented in front of me and just regurgitate something without thinking about it. This is a dangerous step, I believe, Colin. What's your take on this direction.
Speaker 2: It is a dangerous step because what you just said, Brian, once again, you're kind of ahead of the curve. It's not just conjecture, it's not just g These people aren't thinking. MIT has done an actual study and in you know, the short version of the result is chet TBT wrots your brain. They do brain studies and people's brains are not firing in the same way when they go to a tool and get an answer. So, you know, the thing that I find very curious about that deal where teachers and teachers unions want to incorporate AI into the classroom is for you know, decades, you could talk to the most ardent leftist teacher and they would have a very similar opinion of Wikipedia that I do, because Wikipedia is, you know, a horror show. It's filled with biased, insane, crazy opinions from the furthest left people. But teachers hated it because students would go to Wikipedia a copy and paste and turn it in as their research homework. They would say, you didn't do your work. You know, how dare you go to Wikipedia? Those same teachers today are saying go to tech GPT and start, you know, and get some answers from them. It's the exact same problem. You're not learning anything as someone who works they in and day out with with writing. The startling thing is when people use chetchipt or any AI tool to generate some written words, they almost never read them. We know that because people will publish things or write letters and they have like horrible mistakes in them, or it does this was written by tech gipt. They don't even bother to read it to remove that colin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a topic that is so near and dear to my heart because there have been any number of articles written about idiot lawyers who rely on chat GPT, which whole cloth makes up case law that does not exist. They don't go bother and check their work to see if there actually is the case there they just recited and presented to the court.
Speaker 2: I mean talk about malpractice. Yeah, I love covering that at Brighte Bartech. And you know you're a lawyer. I'm not a lawyer, but you know, no lawyer wants to make a judge really angry I mean that's rule number one. Can you imagine how angry the judges when they realize and this is not one case that's happened many times Anthropics, which is an AI giant, their own lawyer fell for this, where they, you know, file things with a judge full of fake case citations. So it's brutal, and that's that's what's happening. So you know, for all the parents and grandparents out there, you should punish your kids for using AI because literally they're not gonna think, they're not going to learn, uh, and they're gonna publish wrong information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talk about and even if the information is accurate, the concept of creating a sentence on your own, it's going to be a lost art. It's going to be done for you. You know, the using verbs correctly announced correctally and understanding how to construct this sentence is just that does it for you. I Mean there's there's just no thought process involved, and I find that it's frightening. And then the other component of this is and a couple of corollary stories you have on on Breitbart b R E I T B A r T dot com, book market, we got this guy in New York that used artificial intelligence to build bombs and he planned on detonating Manhattan. And another article you guys posted about chat GPT gave instructions on worshiping molac with blood sacrifices and encourage somebody to cut their wrists with sterile or very clean razor blade. This stuff is downright dangerous.
Speaker 2: It's dangerous, Brian, and you know the problem is it leads people down rabbit holes. There's a term that's been coined called check GPT and douce psychosis because people kind of go crazy. AI has this very dangerous trend of always telling you you're right, always telling you your a genius, and when you start to respond, you know, in an engaged manner on a particular topic, it just feeds you more and more. So to your point. You know, this guy wanted to build bombs, and AI tools taught him better bombs to build his quote, he told the cops, this is way easier than buying gunpowder to make bombs, because it told me just some household chemicals. Like he was thrilled because it helped them make this plan. Luckily, one accillently went off and scared him, so he ended up turning himself in. But you know, whether it's worshiping the devil, which is the other case you talked about, or you know, we had a we had an article a couple of weeks ago, just some guy. He's autistic, you know, so he has some challenges. He thought he has scientific breakthrough on time travel. Chats ABT contends him. He's correct, He's the next Einstein. You know. It sent him down this whole warm hole, and it's the The mental health effects are almost as Dad is. Like the false information and lack of thinking.
Speaker 1: Everyone wants a pat on the back, and everyone wants to be encouraged and told that they're right. And when you can steer someone down a dangerous path because they happen to be on it already, it's just going to make a bad situation worse Colin made. And it's always great having you want to continue to encourage my listeners to book Breitbart dot com and check out the wonderful reporting that you guys do. And you're always ahead of the game on what starts out to be an alleged conspiracy theory actually turns out to be right. And normally you can find out what's right in advance. By reading Breitbart. Colin, look forward to having you back on real soon. Keep up the great work and say hello to the rest of the team for me.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it. Brian, keep going, thanks brother. Take care.
Speaker 1: It's eight twenty. We got the Insights Scoop with Daniel Davis latest on Russia, Ukraine and of course Israel, Gaza and Iran. That'll be coming up next. I hope you can stick around fifty five KRC dot
Speaker 2: Com when my business was taking out