Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Breaking news out of the Ukraine talks in Saudia Arabia.
Speaker 2: Saudia Arabia. Sure, Saudi Arabia, I wasn't going to correct you.
Speaker 1: US has agreed to immediately lift the pause on military aid and intelligence sharing to Ukraine.
Speaker 2: These This was a pause put into.
Speaker 1: Place after the Oval Office melee, and now that has been.
Speaker 2: Agreed to upon.
Speaker 1: That has been agreed upon in Saudi Arabia again, we've got Marco Rubio over there meeting with the people under Zelenski about some sort of agreement to try to course correct after the mess in the Oval Office between Trump and Zelenski.
Speaker 3: We told you obviously, it's raining in parts of southern California today. The bigger storm is coming in late tomorrow into Thursday. Temperatures in Texas, though, are expected to be so high. They've never seen March temperatures in Texas this high. How high, It's pretty common for it to be hot during the summer, but the current record is one hundred and eight degrees in some location in Southwest Texas for the month of March one hundred and eight degrees, and that came late in March many years ago. They're saying that they could see well over triple digits in many places in Texas in the next week or so.
Speaker 1: All eyes on Wall Street is impossible to separate what's going on with what's going on in Washington.
Speaker 2: It's where we kick off swamp Watch.
Speaker 4: I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar. And when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got The real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 2: The other side never quits.
Speaker 3: So what I'm not going anywhere?
Speaker 2: Now you train the.
Speaker 4: Squat, I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by.
Speaker 2: What has been.
Speaker 4: You know, Americans have always been gone at present. They're not stupid.
Speaker 3: A political plunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 4: Have the people voted for you with na swap watch, they're all Canada.
Speaker 3: Well, it goes back and forth. We've talked about Wall Street. Right now that Dow has recovered a bit, it's still down almost five hundred points. This is after yesterday's big loss as well, the S and P five hundred and the Nasdaq, both in negative territory. These head spinning moves, as it's being described in this latest escalation in the trade war with Canada, they're pretty routine now, unfortunately, which is weird to say, but the only thing that makes Canada sorry, the only thing that makes sense is for Canada to become our cherished fifty first state. That's the level we're at right now with Trump. These tariffs can obviously hurt our economy by raising prices for US consumers and coming up global trade. And even if they end up being less than what was advertised originally, all these moves could create enough uncertainty that you're going to see American companies and consumers in this sort of paralysis about where we are putting our money. And that's one of the things Wall Street hates is uncertainty. And that's where we find ourselves right now.
Speaker 1: Economists marking down their estimates for growth this year. The economy right now appears to be stable, but just over a month ago it was so much different, rights a huge difference from where we were. Stock indexes at a record high, consumer sentiment rapidly improving.
Speaker 2: Remember Trump ran on this.
Speaker 1: He said essentially, if I don't win, it's going to be like the Great Depression around here. I don't remember exactly the quote, but it involved nineteen twenty nine. And so he has said that these are blips what you're seeing on Wall Street, these are just blips. You will find investors to agree with him at this point that yes, they are.
Speaker 2: It should correct itself.
Speaker 1: But for it to correct itself, there's got to be some sort of certainty or at least not this much uncertainty and volatility. So we'll see what happens today and how the dust settles at the end of the week.
Speaker 2: Pretty much. When it comes to the tariff talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's almost it's hard to keep track of where we are with the tariffs. Trump says he's going to respond in kind because Canada put on a surcharge for the export of electricity to the United States. So Trump said he's going to respond with a twenty five percent surcharge on electricity to Canadian electricity that would increase costs even more for US, particularly in the Northern States. Ontario's surcharge is probably going to be about one hundred dollars hit on everybody's bills in those states of New York, Minnesota, Michigan. In addition, Trump said that he's going to levy even larger tariffs on the steel and aluminum that we get from Canada, placing twenty five percent tariffs an additional twenty five percent tariff up to fifty percent now on steel and aluminum. Is there an end to this or are they just continued measuring belts against each other.
Speaker 1: Also on Wall Street, Tesla is seeing well sales are bad for Tesla number one and now plunging stock prices. This, of course is connected to Musk downsizing the federal government at the behest of Trump. He continues to run Tesla as well as SpaceX and X, but Trump's reaction has been to buy a new Tesla at full market price. It could be at the White House this afternoon.
Speaker 4: They don't show support, do they deliver them that fact?
Speaker 3: I guess if you're that guy, they probably deliver it pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Sure, pretty sure he's got.
Speaker 3: An end, because usually he got a wait a week or two, maybe three or four, depending on which one you get. The House is working on a plan to put together a spending bill to prevent a government shutdown.
Speaker 4: Mike Johnson, the Speaker, held a news conference this morning.
Speaker 6: I hope some of them will have a moment of clarity themselves and do the right thing. But it looks like they're going to try to shut down the government. It's a striking new posture for Democrats who have always said they spent apoplectic about the prospect of government shutdowns.
Speaker 3: I mean, he did read quotes from many Democratic House members that talked about how egregious it would be and irresponsible for the House to ever allow the government.
Speaker 1: To shut downs when there was a different person in the White House.
Speaker 4: That's very true.
Speaker 3: Democratic leaders, though, are telling their members to oppose this plan. They said it provides too much discretion to the Trump administration and to doze to drest reduced federal spending. They also claim they can't support it because it does not outwardly protect Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, although those programs aren't actually funded through the appropriations process. There is one member that has said that he would not vote for it, Thomas Massey out of Kentucky. I said that he would not vote for it. But they will take a procedural vote on it at one o'clock this afternoon before it goes over to the Senate.
Speaker 1: More breaking news out of Saudi Why do I keep saying that Saudi Arabia Ukraine now says in a joint statement with the United States that it is open to a thirty day cease fire. Again, Russia is not represented at these talks and has not said how it feels one way or the other, aside from the fact that there are concessions Russia wants in order to come to the table to talk about the C word this hour in a joint statement with the United States that it is opened to a thirty day ceasefire in the war with Russia. As these talks continue throughout the day in Saudi Arabia, Marco Rubio there, the head.
Speaker 2: Of our delegation.
Speaker 3: Remember President Trump wanted to turn on the spigot and bring all that big, cold, beautiful water for the Pacific Northwest water.
Speaker 4: Well, there was.
Speaker 3: A spigot, but it was water that didn't come from the Pacific Northwest and it didn't come to southern California.
Speaker 2: Where is the spigot, secret spigot up there?
Speaker 3: Oh and anyway, there's a memo that proves that even the Army Corps of Engineers was like, are you sure you want us to do this?
Speaker 4: Because it ain't going to do what you think it's gonna do.
Speaker 2: Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: We were talking about the weather. I wanted to play this for you before we get into our water story here. Brooks Garner is a meteorologist with WOFL down in Florida, and yesterday he was on the air live weather broadcast warning people that a tornado was coming. And the tornado hit the building that the TV station was in, and he's on the air while it's happening. The studio apparently has cinder block walls and his tornado resistant. I don't know if it's ever a tornado proof, but that's where he was and you can hear him telling people in the building. If you're in the Fox thirty five studios, it's time to go find shelter.
Speaker 8: Still into breezone. Everybody, get in, every ready, get in the studio. Come on, hey guys, Okay, we got power flickering out. That's a tornado. This is a this is a confirmed tornado. National Weather Serves. If you're listening, this is a confirm tornado. Yeah, this is heading into Lake Marie and Sanford. Right now, get below below the ground level, sorry, get to.
Speaker 2: The Gris design. You mean a Chris Shabel.
Speaker 1: Get somebody in there whose breath remains measured.
Speaker 3: He started by having the antenna cam or tower cam, whatever it was, on the top of their building a few hundred feet up. He was telling the control room to turn the camera to look at this thing as it was making its way towards the TV station.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: And you just see the sky get dark and gray, and then all this debris starts flying around.
Speaker 4: That's why he talked about the debris.
Speaker 3: And he could hear it hitting the roof of the studio, all the stuff that was blown up by this tornade.
Speaker 2: It's a great live report, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Adrenaline? Then that guy must have had here.
Speaker 1: We concern ourselves not with tornadoes, but with water, big water. The President thought that we had big water that could be come in our way if he would just turn on the spigot up north.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: People just do the simple.
Speaker 5: Thing what I really want to have done. I was talking about this with the guys back in the Joval Office. Los Angeles has made massive amounts of water available to it.
Speaker 4: All they have to do is turn the valve.
Speaker 5: And that's the valve coming back from and down from the Pacific Northwest, where millions of gallons of water a week and a day, even in many cases pours into California, goes all through California down to Los Angeles, and they turned it off. It's off. Now the valve goes, it turns toward the Pacific Ocean and all that water goes pouring into the Pacific Ocean. If they did what I told them to do, they wouldn't do it because politically they didn't think it was good. I think it's great. Politically, I think they're dead politically. What they've done, they've destroyed the city.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was January twenty third. On January thirtieth, the Army Corps of Engineers did actually turn on finger quotes the spigot, and they did release some water from Lake Koweya and Success Lake, but the kernel. The commander of the Army Corps Sacramento District, Colonel Chad Caldwell, wrote in a memo that the water that came out of those lakes, those little reservoirs in the Sierra Nevada could not be delivered to southern California directly. That to do so would have actually required several other steps of coordination, not just with the Army Corps of Engineers, but with the state the other federal agencies to transport the water to this connection point that they almost never use. And it became clear that it was impossible to coordinate all of that in such little time. Because the President wanted it done immediately, the White House also instructed the Army Corps of Engineers to make sure that they took pictures of the release of the water going down the spillway or the dam, or however they were releasing it, so that the White House could show see all it takes is a firm know or a firm command from the White House to get this done, and that somehow state and local officials were the ones preventing all of the big beauty water from the Pacific Northwest from coming to Los Angeles. Now, this release of the water did not cause any major flooding, It wasn't problematic in any way, and in fact, some of it did flow into the underground sites that store groundwater for future use. But they said this farmers who do rely on that water at least later on in the growing season. And officials from both parties up and down the Central Valley walked into the White House, I guess proverbially, and.
Speaker 4: Raised their hands and said, what the hell are you doing.
Speaker 3: You don't know anything about how the water system in the Western United States works. There is no giant pipeline from Seattle to la that somehow Democrats have commandeered and won't allow anybody to turn the hose on.
Speaker 1: You think they could get it together enough to come and deer a major water line.
Speaker 2: Nobody can, but certainly not people in government.
Speaker 3: And then the Army corp of Engineers doesn't even have enough time to inform all of the other agencies that are involved when they do these releases, to tell everybody downstream, Hey, just so you know, make sure that this doesn't cause flooding, make sure the debris basins are open, make sure the volume of water is capable, or that your whatever infrastructure downstream is capable of handling this.
Speaker 4: Influx of water that you're not expecting. And then they just went and flushed.
Speaker 1: You have a prompt. You had a prom date? You remember your prom date?
Speaker 4: Yes? That was Becca?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Becca?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I h Hey, guys, do you go to prom with.
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: For that prom?
Speaker 4: Oh? I said no.
Speaker 1: When I when I first went to high school, I went to a different high school than was the feeder school for the Catholics, grammar school I went to. Everyone went to marin Catholic. I went to the public high school. I didn't really know anyone when I went into high school and for the first dance that you know, homecoming comes pretty quickly. It's in the fall, and I really know a lot of people. And a junior boy asked me as a freshman to go to homecoming, and I said yes because that's the polite thing to do, and then immediately started freaking out about it. Like whatever the kids call anxiety today, I had that. And because I was fourteen years old and he was a fully grown man pretty much as a junior to a freshman girl, right, And I remember just freaking out about it, like I don't I don't want to go to a dance with him, Like.
Speaker 2: The idea of it was just terrifying to me.
Speaker 1: And I ended up telling him that I wasn't going with him because I was just terrified.
Speaker 4: I didn't tell him that because you were scared.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know what I made up. I remember calling him, I remember standing in the kitchen telling him I couldn't go. I don't know what I said, but I remember just the fear and the awfulness that went along with that phone call and that feeling the whole thing. And I ended up going with a group of girlfriends, like you should do when you're fourteen years old, because you're ready for that.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Julie's dances with I'm.
Speaker 1: Still feeling awful about it, like five hundred years later, thirty years later, Well, the similar thing happened to this woman. She backed out of her prom date back in nineteen eighty eight. But hell, she's made up for it. We'll tell you how.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We talked about the NTSB providing an update this afternoon about the crash between the American Airlines flight and the black Hawk helicopter at the airport in DC.
Speaker 2: The NTSB is speaking right.
Speaker 1: Now and says that there is an intolerable risk of collisions, that is their verbiage, intolerable risk of collisions at that airport, and urges a ban on some helicopter flights. If you've flown out or in there, you've seen the helicopter traffic and the jetliner traffic, and it's always kind of odd.
Speaker 3: I've flown in there at night, and thankfully it was at night, so I didn't get to see all of that stuff. It's an incredible view of DC as you come and you make your final approach on stuff that is really very cool, but you're lucky it's at night, so you don't get to see how close you are to those other airplanes and helicopters. A strange story out of Pakistan. Armed militants have taken a train hostage. They're calling it a terrorist attack that is being perpetrated by the Balloch Liberation Army has threatened to execute all four hundred and fifty hostages on that plane. Sorry on that train, over four hundred and fifty passengers on board being held by a gunman, according to a senior railway official. The capital of the province is Keta. This has been going on for several hours now. But again they took over a train and so that they will execute four hundred and fifty passengers, if not more. Also a little bit later today, one o'clock is when the House is expected to vote on a stopgap measure to keep the federal government funded beyond Friday.
Speaker 2: Wait wait what one o'clock? That means John gets to have all the government shut down?
Speaker 1: Fun lucky, lucky, lucky pastaredp.
Speaker 4: Me Democratic votes. They hold the majority. Tell a story like it is, brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry I was wrong. Oh wait, no I wasn't. Republicans hold the majority in both the Senate and the House.
Speaker 1: We won the whole damn thing, y'all. So okay, So back to nineteen eighty eight we go. John Moyer has prom upon him, and he asks a girl.
Speaker 4: And she bails.
Speaker 2: She bails on him, thanks a lot.
Speaker 1: I thought it was her that came forward and made good on it.
Speaker 2: It was not. She sucks. She still has.
Speaker 4: Bailed good to us.
Speaker 1: But it was the fill in prom date who has really come through for Sean Moyer all these years later.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Elena Hershey was her name.
Speaker 3: She was a year younger than Sean and in Shawn's brother's class at Dallastown Area High School in Pennsylvania, and.
Speaker 4: She says yes.
Speaker 3: However, no idea that the fact that the first girl bailed on him, and then Elena said yes that she was going to eventually come back into his life thirty seven years later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sean Moyer is a doctor now. He graduated that high school, Dallas Down Area High School there in Pennsylvania in nineteen eighty eight, lost touch with the prom date, Elena, who later moved to Boulder became a teacher.
Speaker 2: Elena did now.
Speaker 1: It wasn't until December of twenty twenty three that the two reconnected. Why did they reconnect? No, it's nothing like that. Get your mind out of the gutter. They reconnected because Elena hears from a mutual friend that went to the same high school that good old Sean. Remember Sean Moyer from Oh Yeah, I went to problem with him. Well, he's on dialysis and needs a kidney, So Elena says, I contacted.
Speaker 2: Him and I offered him my kidney. It wasn't out of the blue.
Speaker 1: Elena became interested in kidney donation about two years ago, researched it extensively, went through the tests, realized it was no longer a question of if I was going to donate a kidney at some point.
Speaker 3: It was when yeah, And she said she'd been approved as a kidney donor summer of twenty three, and she figured it this way. A couple of weeks of down time and a little discomfort on my part, If that's all I need to extend someone's life, it's an easy decision to make.
Speaker 1: Sean was stunned to hear from Elena. He said, I was flabbergasted.
Speaker 3: And Sean has had kidney issues all his life. As a teenager, he had an infection that led his body to reject his own kidneys. And I didn't realize that donated kidneys have an expiration on them. You get about eight years for a kidney that comes out of a cadaver or deceased donor, and about twenty years likely for a living donor. So he got his first kidney transplant when he was a teenager and then ended up with the second kidney transplant. This one would be his third, and now that he's in his fifties, it's a little bit tougher now.
Speaker 1: Did they match? That can be a tough thing to do as well. Slim chances right. Shawn's got Type O blood and can be challenging to find a compatible kidney because the donor must also be Type OH.
Speaker 2: Elena was not.
Speaker 1: She was not a match for him, but there was something else she could do. The National Kidney Registry has a paired exchange program, so a donor can give a voucher to a recipient who will then be prioritized to receive a living donor kidney. So because Elena gave her kidney, then he'd be you know, first step for the OH blood type situation kidney.
Speaker 3: What's interesting is that she did a similar I'm sorry Shawn's wife not the prom day, but the wife did a paired exchange twenty years ago. She wasn't a match for her own husband, but rather than waiting seven to ten years for the cadaver kidney, if the prom date donated her kidney to a stranger and gave her voucher to Sean, then he'd be able to get a kidney from a donor within a year. That's how they were able to save two people in the process. And the way that the way that prom Dada Elena put it on, it's like planting two trees with one seed, so she has her nephrectomy July third, donates your kidney to an anonymous recipient, and within two weeks she's up in exercising again. Said, I haven't even found it. I haven't found any downside to donating. If it's something I can do that I have extra of why wouldn't I want to help somebody?
Speaker 1: Now, if you donate a kidney, if you, at some point in your life are in need of a Kennedy kidney, do you shoot to the top of the list. Since you donated, you already have some goodwill with the people at the I'm just wondering if that, if that's part of it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know either.
Speaker 4: I would hope you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I would.
Speaker 1: Assume there's some sort of vehicle since you, uh, since you gave away one of the working ones.
Speaker 4: Sean.
Speaker 3: Doctor Sean got his much anticipated call just before Valentine's Day from his transplant clinic that a kidney from an anonymous donor was available, and a week later he went in and got his kidney. Said he's very emotional still thanks her. It's this it's coming full circle and the system really works. Surgery went well. He's now recovering at home. He and Elena, the prom date, regularly in touch. Both said that they have they're now bonded for life.
Speaker 4: AH.
Speaker 1: Under the current allocation system put in place in nineteen ninety six, two groups of people needing a kidney transplant receive absolute priority other over otherwise similarly situated candidates. Number one those with very rare blood types who are extremely hard to match, and two prior living donors.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 3: Part of it also is because you've only got one at that point, right, So it's it's.
Speaker 2: A need, but you've also donated, So.
Speaker 4: Yeah you should.
Speaker 3: I feel like, yeah, that'd be like Commissioner Baseball giving you the gold ticket to any game you want.
Speaker 2: Very similar a baseball gamer life.
Speaker 1: Yes, hey, apples and apples, watch it, watch it, watch it.
Speaker 2: That deserves a watch it.
Speaker 4: Watch yourself.
Speaker 1: You watch yourself. How about if I watch your face with my fist? About that?
Speaker 2: Watch that? Yeah about how about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So what did you give your prom date?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? What did I give my prom date? Well?
Speaker 1: I actually still talk to my prom date. His grandmother just died, missus Pisonelli. She was my second grade teacher.
Speaker 4: Well that's not funny.
Speaker 1: Well she was ninety, she lived her full life and late. It just a just a softball out there for you. Yeah, Danny Rosoff was his name? Is his name?
Speaker 2: He's not dead? Yeah I don't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Gary Channing will continue in just a moment.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from kf I am.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, I started Severance. I've just watched one episode.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch this second one today just to see what it's all about. I mean like, I'm kind of it's a wobbler for me. It could be either a misty meaner or a felony so good. Yeah, Keana loves it. Season one though, might like is it?
Speaker 9: It starts off slow, okay, and then it really picks up at the second half.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's so how many episodes is that am I looking at? Before I start picking up the pace here?
Speaker 9: You're on episode two?
Speaker 2: Uh, episode four?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: I just asked Garas this is one of those ones where episode four is going to steal the deal for me?
Speaker 2: Okay, I will I will continue on my track.
Speaker 3: There's there's eight. I'm sorry, there's nine in that first season. Okay, there's nine episodes, so yeah, and the second one just came out the second season. Yeah, and how many of you watched Kiana.
Speaker 9: I Am on I believe episode five of the second season.
Speaker 1: Okay, and it is the second season a lot better than the first.
Speaker 9: Or it almost picks up. It picks up right after, like not even a second after the first season. So then you're just like high tailing it the rest of the second season with all the information that they give you and mysteries you trying to figure out in theories you come up with.
Speaker 2: It's really good in my gosh, okay.
Speaker 4: And it's and the fact that Ben Stiller is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Like I finished the first episode and it's like directed by Ben.
Speaker 3: Stiller, was like what yeah, he does. It's just it's it's really well done.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Gary and shann And Hey, this is David and San Diego.
Speaker 4: David.
Speaker 7: My wife has a donated kidney from her sister. Wow, and she had that forty six years ago.
Speaker 2: Is still going strong forty six years.
Speaker 4: That's a that's a lengthy kidney. That's great.
Speaker 2: I thought the lifespan I thought eight to twenty years.
Speaker 10: Hey, Gary, and Shaman talking about the kidney deal. My sister was a donor to my brother in law and she was not a blood type match to him. But during this procedure they call it a kidney swap, and there was like twelve different patients involved with its six recipients.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was all successful.
Speaker 10: My brother in law's in.
Speaker 4: Health.
Speaker 2: I did a story on that.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it's It was out at UCLA and this must have been.
Speaker 2: What year is it? Many years ago?
Speaker 1: I was one of the first. I mean, yeah, so it must have been like fifteen twenty years ago or there's like a big group of people and it was like a six way swap and it was all successful and wonderful. It was like it was a record breaking for some reason, whether it was the number of people involved or what have you.
Speaker 2: That was a cool story.
Speaker 4: That is a cool story.
Speaker 2: That's a great story. I love that story. What your Jeopardy questions do.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, I want to say this, are you the one that got No, you didn't. I think Michelle got me the daily Baseball Trivia calendar, calendar calendar. I wouldn't remember it would be I'm pretty sure it was Michelle, because you got me the other thing that I put already put together, the microphone puzzle thing that I put together.
Speaker 4: You didn't remember that either, But I love that you.
Speaker 1: Anyway that I spent a solid four minutes shopping for you.
Speaker 3: Four minutes would be a stretch. Four minutes would be if you changed your mind halfway through. Just kidding, I kid, because I love.
Speaker 8: This.
Speaker 3: Baseball trivia calendar asks things like what is the record for most errors committed by a shortstop in the American League a career.
Speaker 2: In the third inning?
Speaker 4: And the answer it's multiple choice. Most of them.
Speaker 3: The answers are between one hundred and two hundred, between two hundred and three hundred, between three hundred and five hundred, between five hundred and nine hundred. That's like, it's the it's the really esoteric questions about it.
Speaker 2: That's baseball trivia for you, though.
Speaker 3: And some of them, some of them are like well if I if I figure it out, Like so a long time shortstop is going to make what he's going to play for what fifteen years?
Speaker 4: Maybe the same place.
Speaker 2: But if he's that good, then how many airs is he really right?
Speaker 4: How many opportunities does he have in a scene.
Speaker 2: A lot that goes in a lot of machinations to.
Speaker 4: Come somewhere between two and five.
Speaker 2: This is a game you won't fail at.
Speaker 4: Oh good it's.
Speaker 2: Pretty non esoteric. The human body, how apropos for six one of those?
Speaker 1: It could take a bit up to a year to fully recover from a break of this longest bone in the body.
Speaker 2: I guess what your You're right, sir boom.
Speaker 4: Anybody has ever broken their femur?
Speaker 2: Football players?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: I had I know somebody who's had surgery on their femurs to extend their legs.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, who? I've only read about these things.
Speaker 3: There was a buddy in high school who had hip problems and one leg was about two inches shorter than the other, so they extended the one leg. I don't know if it worked, but I mean he didn't look out of balance anymore.
Speaker 1: It's a rare injury, at least in the NFL. It's a rare injury for broken femur.
Speaker 4: I can't really imagine what the noise that would make.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, how do you is that like a car crash.
Speaker 4: It's got to be the equivalent of a car crash where you is no.
Speaker 1: I just mean, like, what results in a broken femur outside of playing professional football?
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is rare in football?
Speaker 4: Jumping off of a roof?
Speaker 2: Jumping off of a roof, I almost to have done that a few times.
Speaker 3: But I would imagine your ankles and your knees purpose are probably the weaker portions.
Speaker 4: Of your way. You would think have to be a very specific.
Speaker 2: Why are you jumping off a perfectly good rue?
Speaker 4: Why are we even asking this question?
Speaker 3: Miss any part of this fantastic show. You can always go back and check out the podcast. Anywhere you find your podcast, just type in Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 1: It's wild that we weren't invited to those iHeart Podcast Awards.
Speaker 4: Believe it, nor were we nominated for the Hall of Fame. I'm back right after this. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio Lab