Speaker 1: Come on, now here we go, big show, big show, that act. Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, rhyme.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go, let's go. It's gonna be busy, busy, busy today.
Speaker 2: Fog again today, guys, I mean wicked, thick outside dense fog advisory, Please be careful. Fifty percent chance of some scattered thunderstorms that comes along with some clouds a little bit cooler.
Speaker 1: Highs of around seventy five today.
Speaker 2: Fresh shot of bed head to Head Tournament of Champions.
Speaker 1: Three games left to.
Speaker 2: Go, Birdman takes on Cody Winter plays on Friday. Last game of the year. T XU Energy presents Zoo Lights. It's that time of year, Houston, Zoo Man amazing. We've got tickets for you on the fun Fact Flashback. The Pumpkins Spice Price is right. Last episode of that. It is episode eight of the season. No, it's game nine actually, and that's it. We're gonna We're gonna put a cap in this. Pumpkins spice Price is right. Pipeman joins us. Winner receives Deftones tickets at seven to twenty, Monster Jam tickets.
Speaker 1: At eight twenty today for the Saturday, February first Show.
Speaker 2: Buzzfest tickets early in the nine Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets on no The Show. It's all Big, Big Stuff Today, Big Things Today on the Show.
Speaker 1: All Right, Good morning Tessa. One of Houston's headlines, Hey.
Speaker 3: Good running Rod, You'm running a home room. Honda and Nissan are reportedly talking about a possible merger. The Nika financial newspaper reports that Japanese automakers are considering the move to help them compete better in the EV market. According to When You Report, Honda and Nissan would operate under a single holding company and would consider bringing in mister Bichi to form one of the world's largest auto groups.
Speaker 4: Here in Houston, Marya.
Speaker 3: John Whitmeyer met with Union Pacific president Beth Witted on Tuesday to address rail safety concerns. This is all following the death of a Milbley High School student who is hit by.
Speaker 4: A train last week. Don't get this.
Speaker 3: Union Pacific announced immediate operational changes, including halting train activity near Broadway Street during school drop off and during school pickup time. The company also plans to extend sidewalks near the crossing as part of its collaboration with the city on a long term safety solution and community outreach.
Speaker 4: That's tremendous news.
Speaker 3: Taco Bell announced they're adding chicken nuggets to their menu tomorrow. They're gonna be available nationwide for a limited time. They're called Chrispy Chicken Nuggets. They're coated with bread crumbs. They're also coated with some crush up tortilla chips. That's what makes some Taco Bell, that's what makes it Mexican.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: They tested them in Minneapolis last year. Then they actually tested them in the Houston market and they said they tried out more than one hundred dipping sauces and settled on three.
Speaker 4: So we've got the press release.
Speaker 1: It's gonna come with.
Speaker 3: Bell sauce that has like tomatoes, chili, and garlic, a hidden valley fire ranch, et cetera. Okay, Actor Tom Cruise is being given the highest civilian honor by the US Navy. Cruz was honored yesterday with the Distinguished Public Service Award from the Navy after what well He played Maverick in both Top Gun films that were set in San Diego, and those movies are really credited with increasing military recruitment It's basically.
Speaker 1: The Navy said, hey, thanks for making.
Speaker 4: Us look really cool. We appreciate that.
Speaker 3: The Federal Trade Commission is banning hidden fees on ticket sales. Yeah, according to this new rule, it would ban the surprise junk fees on those types of transactions for like live events, tickets, hotels, including those listed as convenient fees or resort fees.
Speaker 4: You know those ones they hit you with that check out. So that's great news.
Speaker 3: And as we told you already, Kid Rock meeting with Trump's attorney general so they can open a candle wolf aass on concert ticket industry.
Speaker 4: Their words, those are Heast headlines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all on the music blog page today. All right, what you got over there?
Speaker 5: The Milwaukee Bucks are NBA Cup champions.
Speaker 1: They beat the.
Speaker 5: Thunder ninety seven to eighty one last night in the championship game.
Speaker 1: You honest attended.
Speaker 5: Kompo had a triple double in that one to help the Bucks past the Thunder. Rockets back in action tomorrow night when they host the Pelicans at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: It's both season in college football.
Speaker 5: Last night, Memphis held on to beat West Virginia four two to thirty seven in the Frisco Bowl. There's two more games tonight. At four thirty, Western Kentucky is gonna play James Madison in the Boca Ration Bowl and at eight UNLV plays California in the Art of Sport La Bowl. You can watch both of those games on ESPN. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you. Here we go, four hours of pain. You want the first phone call? Come get it, open up these lines, let's go.
Speaker 1: What do you want to talk about? How do you want to get the show going today? Seven? One three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: The most interactive show on the radio.
Speaker 1: Starts right now. Ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz Red jumpsuit apparatus faced out and we are off and running.
Speaker 1: Four hours of pain. Wildcard Wednesday. You're wild? Yeah the wild Card.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: That's our Instagram feature that's on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot Com. I sent Hilly a lot of stuff today. Happy Uh answer the phone like Buddy the Elf day?
Speaker 1: Thank you today. That is probably the most scific day out.
Speaker 4: Of all the national days of the entire year.
Speaker 2: But yeah, hi, Buddy the Elf. What's your favorite color? That's what today is I believe it or not, so we might squeeze in a couple of those fresh shout of mad had you had Tournament of Champions Birdman Cody Winner plays on Friday for the whole thing this year, fresh out of bed, head to head sponsored by Planet Fitness. So winner gets a one year membership and one thousand dollars cash. You know what, the price, it's a great price, it's an awesome price. It's just it's such an afterthought for this particular game because people just want the bragging rights. Is it gonna be somebody brand new like Birdman or Cody or you know, you got the guys like the Goat and Adam and Komp that are floating around.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. It is awesome.
Speaker 2: Zoo lights in homeroom, you're getting those on the fun fat flashback the last episode of the Punkins. Spice price is right, that's how you're gonna win your Deftones tickets.
Speaker 1: Closer to around seven to twenty.
Speaker 2: Now, we got that dense fog advisory and it's bad out there.
Speaker 1: It's really, really thick.
Speaker 2: We have a fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms coming along with that today, so high today of around seventy five if you're looking for Buzzfest tickets while Ticketmaster has them still, but we'll give you some free ones and we will hook you up at around nine ten.
Speaker 7: Today, it's not time for the first phone column.
Speaker 1: The name Devin. Hey, Devin, good morning, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Devin.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite color? Love? Happy?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: Answer the phone like it's not even Buddy the Elf Day.
Speaker 2: It's answer the phone like Buddy the Elf Day, super, I mean uber specific, Devin, How are you?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: What's going on? My favorite color is purple, by the way, go ahead, Oh nice, nice, Well.
Speaker 6: Today I am closing on my first house ever, and I'm just excited to share that.
Speaker 1: Don't do it, don't listen to her. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: Congratulations.
Speaker 2: The American dream. It's still the American dream. I don't know why it wasn't. It was the American nightmare for Tessa for some reason. But everything's we with her on that.
Speaker 1: On that front. Where is your house that you're closing on?
Speaker 6: I'm in inwood West, Virginia.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mountain Mama.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm the coasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah. How long you been on? Because you lived here for a while, right, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I lived there until I joined the Coast Guard until it's twenty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we just.
Speaker 6: Moved from Hawaii recently. So we've been in hotels and airbnbs for the last five and a half months, me and my two kids and my wife.
Speaker 1: It's been rough.
Speaker 2: While that's rough, that's brutal. That's absolutely brutal. So you close on the house in how long did it take you? I mean how long had you been actively looking?
Speaker 1: Was that a build?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a build. So I came out here in March to do the planning and then they started building in July and we were supposed to get in last month but it was delayed. But we're finally moving in right before Christmas.
Speaker 2: That's the one thing I haven't done is I haven't built a house. I've always I haven't built yet. My sister built her house and she loved the experience, but she said there was so much pressure. You're you're picking, like where every outlet is. Yeah, you know, you're yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean if you.
Speaker 2: The mint, you're you're just you're just trying to think of everything because there's things that about the build that if you.
Speaker 1: Didn't come up with it. It's on you that you didn't think. Damn you.
Speaker 2: Why didn't I think of that when I was building, you know, or put more of these things into that.
Speaker 1: So did you feel stressed?
Speaker 2: I mean did you Did you enjoy the experience of having a house built or was that stressful?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 10: I think that.
Speaker 6: I think the builders are ready for me to be done coming to.
Speaker 1: The house there day, did you have your house?
Speaker 6: I wouldn't pick everything, and I'd be there and he'd be like, oh, hey, there you are again, Like, look, it's on my way to work. Of course I'm gonna come by and make sure you're not screwing it up.
Speaker 1: Good for you, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: Anything like specific that you wanted done in the house, like since you were building it, Like, did you get any like did you do anything that was just like for you.
Speaker 1: Like super customized? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Not really.
Speaker 6: Again, this is the first build, so our big thing was like the kitchen. You wanted the kitchen to be perfect, the granted the countertop, everything.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, you know what.
Speaker 5: I like?
Speaker 1: This is something that it came up with.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's two things that if I had a house built, their bathroom related related one, I would have a huge piece of plywood where the toilet paper roll is so that you don't try to like you could put it anywhere in that area, because mine's been ripped out of the wall three times. Okay, my kid ripped it out of the wall, and then you're kind of like using anchors. You're trying to put it into the dry wall, and you're thinking, oh, this is.
Speaker 1: Good, Like put a huge piece of wood.
Speaker 2: There so that it could go anywhere. Okay, easily patchable. It's never going to rip out that way.
Speaker 1: Number two.
Speaker 2: Number two, why is there only in my shower, big shower, there's only one little square to put a couple like to put one bar of soap and to put one like.
Speaker 1: Put four of those in there. Yeah, you can't put a beer as big as a window.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, just put those are just like indents in between two by fours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put three or four women in there. Yeah, making the whole wall. I don't have to put anything on the.
Speaker 3: Floor or like like by all these attachments like this hangs on your shower head. Like, no, dude, I'm good. I'm just like an optimal amount of stories.
Speaker 1: Let me guess.
Speaker 2: Devin in your shower. All you have is just one little indented square.
Speaker 6: No, actually we have three little shells they built into the shower.
Speaker 5: Good for you, bro, going one of those showers with like the bench built into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the problem is with the bench. You still need the things in the wall because you don't want to be stacking.
Speaker 1: No products on the bench, nothing on the bench. You want to keep the bench open for me. Yes, your hangover days, it's probably awesome to just lay in one of those you know, a bench in the shower is boss. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Apartment had one.
Speaker 1: Not about this, but I venture be great. Devin, congratulations, dude, that's awesome. Man.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you guys very much.
Speaker 1: Testa, Hey, thanks so much.
Speaker 4: Have a good one.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas, Devin. Let me take a short break. Let me come back on a rec check for you will find out what's trending.
Speaker 2: Then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of Bad Haattoo Head Tournament of Champions.
Speaker 11: Houston's Alternative and Home at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four, The.
Speaker 2: Busy four or five, the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Welcome back, it is wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Oh she just sent me a picture of her bathroom. She's not in it. Don't worry. Jamie's listening. She's like Rod.
Speaker 2: During our bathroom rebuild, they tried to build out a tiny cubby.
Speaker 1: That was just one little cubby.
Speaker 2: Meeting when I'm talking about designing a house, if I never get to that point. But even my shower at my house, I'm a beautiful home. My shower it's got one little square in between the two by fours and you can put two bottles of shampoo in there, and that's it. It's tiny. She's They were doing the exact same thing in her rebuild. She said, uh uh. She cut the studs. It's four wide, four studs wide. She has like a huge shelf inside of her inside of her shower. Way to go, Way to go. Get excited about home remodel pictures getting sent to me.
Speaker 1: Boys, my life changed.
Speaker 2: Dense fog advisory fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today, Hive seventy five.
Speaker 3: What's trending herschel Walker in the headlines Donald Trump tapped him as ambassador to Bahamas.
Speaker 4: So he's trending on the X and he's trending on Google.
Speaker 1: You paid for those jobs. I have no idea that the Foyle check.
Speaker 2: Right, but that gfoil chick, she just got what grease the ambassador to Grease. There's an ambassador for every nation out there.
Speaker 1: I didn't know all of that. I do not want to be like the ambassador to Iraq, like that would suck. Yeah, there has to be that thought that to somebody you don't like, you can do it. I'm believe in you. I want to be the ambassador of Costa Rica.
Speaker 3: Donni also trending Stewty toilet fortnite. So there's a YouTube series called Skimmity Toilet and it's soon going to appear in Fortnite. There's gonna be some sort of a collab and people on Google are talking about it. Is Qbity Toilet has proved wildly popular on YouTube. It's a leaked to the rest of internet. To the rest of the Internet, there are fan animations, there are memes. Yeah, scubbity toilet something. So I like regret knowing this now.
Speaker 1: And then Cody.
Speaker 3: Billinger's number one search is it because the Yankees acquired him from the Cubs. So as soon as we sent Kyle Tucker over to the Cubs, now the Yankees are getting their player from the Cubs. So some baseball, some baseball talk. It is the top search right now on Google. That's what's trending on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The buzz I see him, They're ready to go.
Speaker 2: Who we got playing today?
Speaker 1: Everybody?
Speaker 10: It got you're fresh out of bed head to head Hall of Famer No.
Speaker 1: Fifteen. I just took out Autum to advance to the final four.
Speaker 9: I guess you didn't rule quite as much as.
Speaker 12: She thought she did.
Speaker 10: Oh that's two in down to go join me on Wednesday, December eighteenth, when I play either Sean Connery or Cody and punch my tickets to the finals.
Speaker 1: He goes, Scotty knows, bitch is well, we do know now who he is going to be taking on good.
Speaker 9: Morning, everybody. Is this the first time Hall of Famer? Tody take you in the first round of the bracket? I told you I was coming in a killer in the grade eighth, and that's just what I did, taking out double oh seven Sean Connery.
Speaker 1: So that puts this first.
Speaker 9: Time Hall of Fame in the final four. Birdman, I'm coming for you on Wednesday, because I'm taking it all.
Speaker 2: This is I think it's a great matchup. I think it's some fresh faces, Cody, first time.
Speaker 1: Guys. We got four minutes, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 12: Happy Holidays from The Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Four five, The Buzz before five, the Buzz right hot Chili members can't stop. Nope, won't do it, won't do it. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: Hope you're off to a great start to your wildcard Wednesday. Please be careful out there on the roads. It really really foggy, dense fog advisory. Again, It's been that way all week. Fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms coming along with all the other nonsense today, cloudy skies, highs of around seventy five.
Speaker 1: Let me make sure they're there. They are there. Anybody want to play a game, And now.
Speaker 2: It's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 12: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: No drops, no nothing, no changing up the music. This is easy, right, this is easy. Hey Cody, Hey, good morning, run first.
Speaker 2: Time Hall of Famer claims to be a killer, and you have acted that, you have acted that way, you have acted you. Sometimes guys come to you they say they're killers, and they're not. They just like to say that I feel like you said it and you have been killing it.
Speaker 1: Dude. How you feeling killing good? Yeah? Two more to go, two more to go?
Speaker 2: Right, So you win today, you play on Friday, you could win the whole damn thing.
Speaker 11: Birdman, A games in one week.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what he said.
Speaker 2: He's like, he doesn't want that to happen now, Birdman, Scotty knows is in your way.
Speaker 1: Birdman, good morning, good morning, good morning, Birdman.
Speaker 2: How you feeling this guy said? Cody says he's a killer and I kind of believe yea, yeah, you know what again, just said he was a killer, acting like a killer. I'd be worried if how are you?
Speaker 1: Two men entered? One man's about to leave? Birdman, how many times in the Hall of Fame for you?
Speaker 2: Three? This is three times? And then Cody's the first time Hall of Famer. Okay, all right, the table's been set. Anything else? Am I missing anything?
Speaker 1: Birdman? Cody, are you ready? I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Ready, shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Cody and Scott is what you are listening for?
Speaker 1: Again? The winner plays on Friday, the last game of the year.
Speaker 2: Question number one, what do you leave out for Santa A log Scott, Scott.
Speaker 9: Along way, let's go it.
Speaker 1: Milk Tessa's last week, same old Shenanigans.
Speaker 2: Cody, what do you leave out for Santa along.
Speaker 1: With the milk? That was a fifty correct answer in the tournament. You're gonna do that speed. You're gonna speed in the tournament?
Speaker 4: Got all right?
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. Question number two Cody and Scott. Cody's on the board.
Speaker 1: What part of your body are the retina?
Speaker 4: Cody?
Speaker 1: Cody, I.
Speaker 2: Damn, first time ever in the fresh out of bed head to head Hall of Fame, claims to be a killer.
Speaker 1: And he's playing like a killer.
Speaker 2: He's playing like a kill birdman, three time Hall of Famer, dude, thanks for playing again.
Speaker 1: Yep, no problem, Cody, go all the way man. Okay, damn, I.
Speaker 3: Mean you guess you guess cookies instead of milk. That's a different game. This is insane.
Speaker 2: What part of your body are the retina and iris located inside of your eyeball?
Speaker 1: Killer, Cody, You're in the last game of the year. Let's go and to do it in that fashion.
Speaker 2: I don't think Adam or Josh the goat should feel very comfortable right now.
Speaker 1: I really don't, especially coming off.
Speaker 2: Of your even your last game, Cinderella Story, some might be saying that I just did I just did Cinderella Story.
Speaker 1: What are you?
Speaker 2: What's your take on this? You got Adam and Josh the Goat, would you care.
Speaker 9: To be the best?
Speaker 1: You care to make a bold prediction on tomorrow's game.
Speaker 9: I have not got to hear a lot of their games so far, but I mean, hope, I want to be the best. I gotta beat the best.
Speaker 3: Now you're talking Josh the Goat just in his own lane, in his own lane.
Speaker 2: Now you're talking Josh the Goat. To be the best, you got to beat the best. He's the best, he's the best ever. He's in the final four.
Speaker 1: I know you'd be listening. You're gonna be listening to that game tomorrow. Absolutely yeah, I would think so.
Speaker 2: All right, dude, great job, and you know Goat and Adam the Cop are listening.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear what they think. This guy is coming in.
Speaker 2: As hot as you possibly can into the last game of the year.
Speaker 1: Don't cool off tomorrow. You have a you have a day.
Speaker 2: You're not back until Friday, so keep up that killer instinct bro great game today.
Speaker 13: Right right, celebrating twenty years ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five the Buzz four or five the Buzz.
Speaker 2: I'd like to go on record as saying, I love this stupid game that we play every morning.
Speaker 1: So good one. I love it. It's so simple. It's just a simple thing. But I am following along in this whole tournament of champions thing. I get it.
Speaker 2: I don't really lose my mind in March Madness and the basketball. I lose my mind during this. I mean, I love these I love these competitors. I love people trying to get into this tournament. We thought we were gonna have like a really really short tournament and we ended up getting sixteen in there. Perfect. I am so here for this every morning, guys. Thank you, fresh out of.
Speaker 12: Bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody. It's Killer Cody punching his sticket to the last game of the year. And this first time Hall of Famer said it to be the best, you have to beat the best, So you know who I'm looking forward to on Friday. Either way, it's the year of the first time or baby, and this killer is gonna take it.
Speaker 1: All in twenty twenty.
Speaker 9: Four or.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: What does Josh the Goat say to that is?
Speaker 3: He is?
Speaker 2: He is?
Speaker 1: He on his way into work, pounding his chest, saying, Okay, you want this, You're gonna get this. I have Rodney. I'm so excited. I can see that. I'm so excited.
Speaker 5: I'm excited.
Speaker 14: You've made this exciting.
Speaker 1: Adam excited. So Adam checks in.
Speaker 2: He's like, dude, you're right, Adam's playing them all. Adam has never won the whole thing. He's a six time Hall of Famer. He said, Cody is a killer. He had one of the best runs coming into the Hall this year. And then he said, Tessa strikes again.
Speaker 4: Two more days for me to create my havoc.
Speaker 2: A little bit of a racket, a little bit of a speed trap there on that question.
Speaker 1: Miss Santa Claus plays fifty.
Speaker 4: You gotta guess right.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, All right, let's go.
Speaker 13: It's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart, Bunny, your buddies. This the Fuga to the day.
Speaker 2: Hal join me for some fun facts, do it? Electric Christmas lights invented by Thomas Edison. Yeah, him and his business associate. They created the first strand of electric lights hung them outside his laboratory in Jersey during the holidays, all the way back in eighteen eighty that's.
Speaker 14: Better than putting candles on the tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's I think that used to be a thing now that it would burn down fast.
Speaker 2: Two years later, eighteen eighty two, that partner of Thomas Edison, he handwired eighty red, white and blue light bulbs strung him together around a tree in front of a window in a street, powered by a generator. These two guys did it all all that mess you're making, Clark Griswold, thank you Thomas Edison and his associate or Johnson.
Speaker 1: Sloths. Sloths are very famous for being slow.
Speaker 2: They have a like a lazy appearance about them. Super fast when it comes to sex. Average sloth sex lasts about six seconds. That is, guys, you're slow at everything.
Speaker 1: What do you I would just speed up on that one thing.
Speaker 2: Let's just stay in the in the trash, all right.
Speaker 1: This is smart though, this is good, This is good knowledge.
Speaker 2: Directs Condoms got their brand name from a combo, like a collab of three words durable, durability.
Speaker 1: You there sex, no duracious, Go ahead, go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, just keep throwing it out.
Speaker 1: No durable, durable sex, extra comfortable. I don't know, Hey, you have any durable sex things more durable and sex.
Speaker 2: Durability, reliability, and excellence, excellent.
Speaker 4: That's not the word that comes to mind.
Speaker 13: It's the fuck back to the day we make you look smart, bodies. It's the fu to the day.
Speaker 2: The durable sex thing is funny, though other durable sexy would make sense.
Speaker 1: What are you giving away?
Speaker 3: Okay? I have the four pack of tickets to TXU Energy Presents Zoo Lights running now through January fifth of the Houston Zoo, celebrating its thirteenth year as one of Houston's most well loved holiday traditions.
Speaker 1: It's your fun. I took more crap for this yesterday.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: This fish inflates by sucking in water. This fish inflates by sucking in water and not air as I thought. Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with captain cash.
Speaker 2: Come on, I just I don't know. I guess I didn't think it through hell, that's okay. How do you do on how'd we do on Wall Street?
Speaker 1: Yesterday? We didn't think it through.
Speaker 14: Gave a little back that that was down two hundred and sixty seven points. Kick off this morning at forty three thousand and four forty nine nastack down sixty four to twenty thousand, one hundred and nine bench mark ten year treasury. It's trading at a four point four percent in oil stands at seventy dollars fifty one cents a barrel. Two of the most actives the big studs Jane j Coca Cola and Nike, the big duds United Health, Goldman Sacks and Salesforce.
Speaker 1: On the economic calendar.
Speaker 14: This morning we will get numbers on housing starts, also building permits for November right now, futures looking good and they're on the upside. Hang on to this sea pause opening right here on Wall Street. That's it, Matt here. This is how lim I need you director with Ramy James party for the ride Ride show from Aramy James on San Felipe and Augusta.
Speaker 1: Noificat to always for rockout with your stock.
Speaker 7: Out Man's Express are those of all Land and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates Income Ever NYC AS, IBC, I Art Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security.
Speaker 1: Refer to your end.
Speaker 7: This programs are educational and informational. Nervous on the studs of dots are based on movement, as reported.
Speaker 2: By Young Finance ninety four or five of the bus Good Morning, rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: Come on, it's your Is this justin?
Speaker 11: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: How are you today?
Speaker 5: Feeling great?
Speaker 1: I'll look to you.
Speaker 2: I took a little crap yesterday. I'm feeling better about it. But still.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: This fish inflates by sucking in water and not air, a puffer fish. I mean, if you were to puff your lips out right now, if you were to puff your cheeks out, how would you do it using air?
Speaker 1: Because we're on land, okay, so we have it available to us.
Speaker 4: Is it's here?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Josh Tree wants to know if if I knew that hot air balloons are filled with air and not water.
Speaker 4: Okay, Josh, he's been on your artist about this.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. Yes, I know, that now, asshole. All Right, you win, Justin. Congratulations, I really took some crap yesterday. I really took a lot of crap on that I don't know, I don't know, I never thought about it. Congratulates. What are you giving this guy?
Speaker 14: Justin?
Speaker 3: I'm going to give you a full track of tickets Tatias Energy Presents z Lights.
Speaker 4: Have the best time here.
Speaker 1: Okay, all rightie, thank you, all right, Merry Christmas. Just first time ever on the show you won something.
Speaker 9: Actually, first time I've ever got I'm an over ten year listener, first time i've ever I've got through maybe two times trying to be colored ten and.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, for ict or something. But yeah, but you made it on today and you get the prize.
Speaker 2: Dude. Congratulations man, have a great time at the Zoo Lights. And again, Merry Christmas, Thank you, thank you, Thanks, great job. Justin.
Speaker 1: Josh the Goat is listening.
Speaker 4: Okay, what do you say?
Speaker 2: Well, I already read you, Adam. He said that Cody was a killer. Josh is also playing tomorrow. The Goat kind of got called out during Cody's victory speech. Says, I'm in my office. Of course, I'm listening to the show. My only focus is on Adam the cop right now, that's it.
Speaker 4: It's not your office, not your job.
Speaker 1: He doesn't trash talk. No, yeah, right, not wrong.
Speaker 4: Well I hope your employees, your employers can't hear this.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go, let's go here. Pumpkins spice price is right next hour. Dens Fog advisory now fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms high seventy five.
Speaker 1: What are Houston's headlines? Please?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: The deadline to avoid at least a partial shutdown of the federal government is Friday night.
Speaker 4: You know how these deadlines always kind of sneak up on us.
Speaker 3: Congress is expecting to adjourn for Christmas Honica on New Year's holidays, so a vote is expected to come quickly, possibly tomorrow. So Congress released a short term bill just before the shutdown deadline so they could kind of get away for the holidays. Meanwhile, in Space News, the two astronauts who have been stuck on the ISS.
Speaker 4: We'll have to stay there through March. Guys, this is.
Speaker 1: Insane to me.
Speaker 3: Sunny Williams and Butch Wilmore flew to the ISS on Boeing Starliners. Shaky first test flight in June. They were only supposed to be in space for a week before they came back, but that'll end up being closer to nine months. NASA has repeatedly pushed back the launch of SpaceX craft that will be used to bring them home.
Speaker 4: Also, just some drone information, a little drone update.
Speaker 3: A classified briefing was held on Capitol Hill yesterday and really it.
Speaker 4: Brought more questions than answers. All right, let's talk about.
Speaker 3: Wrapping those presents around the Christmas treet. Okay, a lot of people could use some help wrapping presents this time of year. We are asking people on the Rod Ryan Show, how good are you at rapping presence?
Speaker 2: I am awful at it? I am awful at it? But do I not just put in the time. I don't know. My wrapping hasn't improved since about third grade. And that's where that's where I maxed out on my handwriting. To Okay, my Christmas wrapping or present wrapping and handwriting is of a third or fourth grade.
Speaker 3: That really surprises me because someone who like is organized, like the highlighters and the clean house.
Speaker 1: It doesn't translate for those.
Speaker 3: Things I thought it would. I'm and on the opposite end, I'm rather good at gift wrapping.
Speaker 1: Like I can do the bows and the tinseil.
Speaker 3: You do need time to do it, which is why you've never received a lovely gift from me.
Speaker 4: And the bow and with everything.
Speaker 2: The best at it on the planet, Captain Cash is why I was meant.
Speaker 4: To say, someone in here is why.
Speaker 2: But yeah, okay, so but the bows and everything like, I wouldn't even know where to begin with the stuff that she does. Okay, well, she's the best at it. So we have a poll question up today.
Speaker 3: Somewhat bad and good both have thirty seven percent.
Speaker 4: Of the vote.
Speaker 2: Here, guys, so four percent of people out there that listen to the rod Ryan showing that they're very very good at rapping gifts, thirty seven percent say good. And then we're all kind of just we all rest of us suck at it.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the National Film Registry in the Library of Congress. Why well, because movies like Beverly Hills, Cops, Spy Kids, and Star Trek two The Rathacon are among this year's crop of movies that are joining the registry. There are total twenty five movies that have been selected for preservation. That brings the list to some nine hundred films. Other films that made the cut this year are pretty iconic. They include Dirty Dancing, No Country for Old Men, and The Facebook or Origin Story, The Social Network.
Speaker 2: Ohoh a Chili's Gonna Be Happy, Cheech and Shongs. First movie. I did see that up in smoke. I used to watch that with my grandma. That is okay, and she used to laugh for ass off at that. We used to watch it because she had like cable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me, I watched that movie.
Speaker 2: We watched it with my grandma and here they are smoking. We need the whole movie so funny.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk about Slipknot because Sean clown Crahan says the band has more albums in him. He was giving an interview you, and he says the ongoing twenty twenty fifth anniversary tour has been really emotional for him. He says it's bringing back memories of late bandmates Joey Jordansen and Paul Gray, the former drummer and bass player for the band. As to new music, Sean said, there's something happening between the nine of us right now.
Speaker 4: That is really fun. A lot is floating around, and he.
Speaker 3: Says, we probably have several albums in US right now, pretty interesting stuff.
Speaker 4: We'll starting the music blog page jozerh heuston deadlines.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If everybody writes two songs, that's eighteen new songs. Right. There's just slip not guys everywhere. What's going on? The Milwaukee Bucks are NBA champions.
Speaker 5: They beat to Thunder ninety seven to eighty one last night in the championship game. Yiannis at ten Tocombo had a triple double in that one and let everyone in scoring with twenty six points in that game. Rockets gonna be back in action tomorrow night when they host the Pelicans at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: It's bowl season in college football.
Speaker 5: Last night, Memphis held on to beat West Virginia forty two to thirty seven in the Frisco Ball Tonight, there's two more bowl games. At four thirty, Western Kentucky plays James Madison in the Book of a Time Bowl, and then at eight un LV takes on cal in the Art of Sport La Bowl.
Speaker 1: You can watch both of those games on ESPN. That what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Pumpkin Spice price is right next hour to win Deaftones tickets. We'll get to that at around seven twenty. Monster Jam tickets at eight twenty, Buzzfest tickets at nine ten.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am, the Bus four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, White Stripe seven Nation Army. All right, welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you for just joining us. Wakey waky, hands off those cupcakes. We got the pumpkins. Spice price is right to coming up. Our last game of the year. Deaf Tones, Mars Volta tickets on the chopping Block March sixteenth, Toyota sid there.
Speaker 1: If you're looking for Buzzfest tickets, we.
Speaker 2: Got them nine ten Trans Siberian Orchestra December twenty sixth we got tickets for you on know the show. The fog is wick and thick. Be careful out there, it's nasty. We got fifty chance now of some scattered thunderstorms throughout the day. Cloudy, it's gonna keep it a little cooler out there. I've been wanting to wash my car since before Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just no is anybody washing their car. You can't. You can't.
Speaker 4: God, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: You can't do it. There was a beautiful rainbow yesterday. Did you see it?
Speaker 4: Did you happen to see it?
Speaker 1: I happened to see it.
Speaker 4: Isn't it wasn't that nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What time?
Speaker 4: We're probably around three thirty.
Speaker 3: As I was driving in back from k p Arrici too because my family's in.
Speaker 1: Town, I was making a liquor run. Ah, getting ready for the holidays. Ah.
Speaker 2: I made the mistake of going to a liquor store on a weekend.
Speaker 1: Was I don't know if it was last weekend before lights on the height I don't remember.
Speaker 2: The worst possible decision ever going in on a weekend, going in on weekend for the holidays.
Speaker 4: In the heights. Yeah, you don't want to light on lights in the heights weekend?
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably not. You got to go to a liquor store. Now, you have to go during the week you have to.
Speaker 2: Go early, you have to go pre four o'clock and it's still packed.
Speaker 1: But you know what they're having. What they have free.
Speaker 2: Sample tasting, free samples everywhere, Yeah, everywhere.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, ah, I know it just likes it just lights a fire in me. Yeah. Yeah, I passed on the free samples.
Speaker 5: Too, And I think like they set them up in the worst locations where it's like right where you're trying to get by, and it's always crowded around there, because then you have like the five people like, yeah, I like a shot, I'll do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a shot.
Speaker 1: It's moved, dude.
Speaker 2: I don't really want to try. I don't want to sit around. I don't want to I want to talk about it. I don't want to sit about some vodka. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: But man, that eggnog, oh yeah, Daddy.
Speaker 4: Wanted some of that is pretty elite these days.
Speaker 5: I bring my Nagasaki in for Fridays. What's eggnog and saki?
Speaker 14: I did.
Speaker 5: Sandy Muneid came out. I've had it before. It's not that bad, Okay.
Speaker 3: I love soaky and I love eggnog. I'm happy they're getting married.
Speaker 2: How good or bad are you at wrapping gifts, Alex, You're a.
Speaker 5: Bad guy to say if you were giving me out of ten, I'm zero maybe negative?
Speaker 2: Just do you not possess the skills or do you not have the patience to do it?
Speaker 1: Both? Okay?
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm I feel like I'll allow that because I feel a little bit of that.
Speaker 1: I also have a wife.
Speaker 5: It's very good at rapping, so that I can be like, hey, yeah, what do you need to do? You help me out with this.
Speaker 1: That's the best. That's the best shill I was. I was trying to work a deal to get a rap. You guys, president work a deal. I love it.
Speaker 2: You see Friday, you know, we do like a gift exchange on this show. And it's been a long standing tradition forever on this show. And it's really really fun and.
Speaker 1: It's going to be fun again. But you'll see just like bags and stuff everywhere, and then.
Speaker 2: You'll just see these beautiful this this pile of beautiful gifts and it's the ones that Hal brings in because Mama Cash took time to the win.
Speaker 1: And sometimes the bows are like double layered with gold and some kind.
Speaker 4: Of keep the bows.
Speaker 3: I try to repurpose the bows.
Speaker 1: I have kept her bows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you feel like you can.
Speaker 2: Put them on other things. They're perfectly done. It's insane how good she is at it. How good or bad are you at rapping gifts? The bag thing has kind of taken over right. It's nice when a gift is wrapped and it's in the bag. You do you just feel like once it's in the bag, that all you have to do is covered up with some toilet paper and you're done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, I'll buy a million tissue papers and just throw.
Speaker 1: All those bad boys in there.
Speaker 5: That's that makes it seem like I did way more, especially if you get the multi colored one.
Speaker 1: This is red angry.
Speaker 2: That was another reason why I saw the rainbow because I was out waught some bags. Yeah, booze run yesterday bought some bags. How good or bad are you at rapping gifts? It's the cutting, and then there's a thing. There's a difference in the quality of wrapping paper. Everybody has worked with cheap wrapping paper before, where it's like here I am, I'm bending it over the corner and I'm it rips them the corner and everything like where did I get this dollar store wrapping paper?
Speaker 4: That's the worst when it won't cooperate with you, but also.
Speaker 1: One when it's too thick, it's completely unmanageable.
Speaker 3: Like glitter heavy duty. I'm like, what did I get myself into?
Speaker 2: I almost feel like you know, they have like wrapping paper, but they have numbers on sandpaper, like what the grip is. There should almost be a scale of wrapping paper like you know industrial and then you know dollar store.
Speaker 1: There should be like a number that comes along with it.
Speaker 2: Because I've never I'm looking for the perfect wrapping paper that's easy to use, wrapping paper for dummies.
Speaker 1: Maybe that we come up with that. Yeah, you know, and it's perforated. You don't need scissors.
Speaker 5: It's perforated anywhere box and it's like get this here, put this here.
Speaker 3: You're done sheets the way parchment paper is like you pull it out. I know you need different sizes, but like most things, you need like an average size.
Speaker 4: Like what if you just yeah, and it's like cut in a perfect square.
Speaker 2: It needs to be self ripping, you know, self ripping or just don't wrap them.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's.
Speaker 11: What you're saying.
Speaker 1: All right, How good about it you wrapping?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: For almost five percent of our audience says they're very good. Thirty six percent of our audience says they're good at rapping.
Speaker 1: I'd like to see you wrapping. If you think you're good.
Speaker 2: I believe them. I believe people when they say they're good somewhat bad. I'm going to put myself in there. Thirty five percent of our audience is somewhat bad, and then twenty three percent say very bad. If you're very bad at wrapping gifts, you're doing it quickly and you don't have any patience. Because I feel like anybody that's very bad could easily, with a little time, get into that somewhat bad category.
Speaker 1: You're very bad because you don't care. You're very bad because you just don't care or eat, or you were in a rush. I'm giving you a damn gift, all right, don't the wrapping y you want the gift because if you want to on the rapit, I'll take you back finish. We're talking about this in my union meeting your naxt Szimma down, Teamster, simmer Down.
Speaker 4: He's a teamster.
Speaker 1: Something just triggered the orphanage would love this guy. Good point. Nobody should be very bad at repingdifs. What I like.
Speaker 5: Einstein didn't learn how to tiest shoes until it was like ten.
Speaker 2: Don't even letter in my mind, guys, the things it for one more week.
Speaker 1: The sweeping sensation.
Speaker 2: That's sweeping the Nation, The Pumpkins vice, Bryce is Right is coming up? The hype Matt will be joining us in studio Alex last game of the season.
Speaker 1: Come on, fake union meeting.
Speaker 2: Whoa, there's no union meeting the week before Christmas?
Speaker 1: Break go on strike?
Speaker 2: You don't even know you don't work for Amazon, jackass, not yet.
Speaker 1: There's no radio rightenership coming up? All right, we'll be looking for you to come on down and play. Winner's gonna get some depthtone tickets coming up, Don't go anywhere, Rock Houston's.
Speaker 11: Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rot Ryan Show, Wild Card Wednesday, Yip Pumpkins spice, price is right, Yeah, that's coming up. Den's fog advisory until nine fifty percent chances scattered thunderstorms today.
Speaker 1: On top of that highs them around seventy five. What's trending?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: Apparently there's gonna be like a Karate Kid Legends movie, and I guess people got their exclusive first look yesterday at unites like Jackie Chan Ralph Macchio. The name Ben Wang is getting thrown around, and some people are upset because Jaden Smith is missing from the Karate Kid Legends movie trailer, So lots of Karate Kid talk on the interwebs today.
Speaker 1: Man, you guys love this whole universe thing.
Speaker 3: I just loved karate when I was little and there was a karate movie on. I'm like, oh, we're doing karate all over the house.
Speaker 8: Dog.
Speaker 2: But Jackie Chan played Miyagi in the Jaden Smith one. And then you got Ralph Macchio. Somebody's gonna say, well, Rod, you don't know how the universe works. The Karate Kid is a universe and they're all there. And then you got Finos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Atman stones on his hand. I don't know how that works. Yeah, exactly. I love that for you guys.
Speaker 3: Also, on a sad note, did you hear Reef, a beloved tiger at Houston's Downtown Aquarium.
Speaker 4: Passed away.
Speaker 1: I did not know.
Speaker 4: He was twenty years old.
Speaker 3: His quality of life was declining due to his age, according to the aquarium, so they had to make a tough decision to put him down.
Speaker 4: A white tiger very rare.
Speaker 3: They noted that he lived beyond beyond his life expectancy, which is roughly ten years for this species in the wild, because you know, they're white tigers, so they kind of stick out, kind of makes them vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and definitely getting Rudolph.
Speaker 3: So I personally didn't know we had a white tiger at the aquarium. I am sad that I never got to see Reef and rip rip, sweet sweet Reef King. And then the deadlines are approaching to get holiday cards and packages in the mail in time for Christmas.
Speaker 4: The deadline to send first class mail.
Speaker 3: Or to you, or to use the US Postal Service ground advantage is today, guys, it's today. The Postal Services Priority Mail should go out by December nineteenth. Priority Mail Express should be sent out by December twenty. First, get your asses in there and send your stuff today. This is your final and only warning. That's what's trending on ninety four five the.
Speaker 13: Bus guys, the last one, Alex, it is the last one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just stick around. Pump I got this. It's my last union meeting of the year. It's always on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Pumpkins Spice price is right twenty twenty four. And with that, the Pumpkins Pines Rice is Right twenty twenty four comes to a close.
Speaker 1: Hype. It's the last one, dude. It's fun you should stick.
Speaker 4: Around for it, dude, Come on please, I'm leaving. Its been a lot.
Speaker 1: Stay here to one.
Speaker 2: HiPE Man's going to join us in studio. I need three of you to all in now. Seven one three two, wine two five nine four five. I need three contestants to come on down and you'll be bidding on an actual punkin Spice item available.
Speaker 1: On retail shelves this year.
Speaker 2: So if you'd like to play the game seven one, three, two and two five nine four five now.
Speaker 1: Old here have some eggnog?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 1: How about now?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 12: Merry Christmas. From The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five, The.
Speaker 2: Buzz Morning Rod Ryan Show, Equbus and Stellar Smack dead in the middle of the week December eighteen, as soon as I do have to get something.
Speaker 1: In the mail. Ugh, I'm miserable thinking that I have to go and do that today.
Speaker 11: You need to do it.
Speaker 4: It's a deadline. I don't know if you heard trending.
Speaker 1: I did, and I'm it's gross to me.
Speaker 2: It's the it's such a miserable there's just hopeless faces.
Speaker 3: First class mail or United Postal service. The ground advantage is today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the people already that work at the post office. They've had enough. It's December eighteen.
Speaker 2: They've had enough, like they're kind of they're kind of crusty in May. Okay, let alone December eighteen plus the tack on a dense fog advisory fifty per chance of scattered thunderstorms.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's go, man, Hey, hike, man, how are you right? Hellidays?
Speaker 2: Heavy holidays to you see Alex in the hall?
Speaker 1: I did chili? Make union need chili?
Speaker 2: Make sure you got three lined up to play? Okay, please, here we go. It's the sweeping sensation that's sweeping the nation.
Speaker 1: It's time to play the pumpkin spice. Ruy right.
Speaker 2: Where you've been on actual pumpkin spice items available in retail shelves this fall season.
Speaker 1: I'm a careful things. We're gonna pass out after that. Let's meet who's going to be playing today? All the big game? Blake, Come on down, Blake Lake. Oh, how's it going?
Speaker 2: Brother? R Just going great? I'm a little out of breath, Blake. You're gonna be bidding first today on the pumpkin spice.
Speaker 1: Price is right, dude, wait to get through man, hang on for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, next up, is going to be Amanda, Come on down.
Speaker 4: Do you think you can get less funny?
Speaker 1: Amanda? Are you there? She's boycotting. She doesn't want to be called Amando. Amanda. Can you hear me here? You can hear Amanda. Are you playing this game or not?
Speaker 4: I am okay, I can hear you.
Speaker 1: Good. Good to have you on, Amanda.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be bidding twice. You're gonna be bidding in the second slot today on contested road. It's good to have you on today, Amanda.
Speaker 1: Stay sharp, next up? Can you help me with your name? Good morning?
Speaker 9: Hi, good morning, Hi, Hiphiro.
Speaker 2: That's her Namephiro, but her name is Zaphiro.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be severa Zaphiro? Hey, good morning to you. How are you today?
Speaker 2: You're going to be bidding a third today on the pumpkins spice price is right?
Speaker 1: So I hope you know how the game works.
Speaker 2: The hype man is going to describe to us an actual pumpkin spice product, and then the three of you, Blaco, Amanda and Zaphiroiro, you guys are all going to be giving your bid on what you think that thing costs.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, okay.
Speaker 2: Very good, Okay, Blake, Amanda, it's a firo.
Speaker 1: Sit tight.
Speaker 2: Because it's it's time that you've been waiting for. Here we go, hike man, please tell us about today's item up.
Speaker 1: Forbid well Rode.
Speaker 2: Today's item is Williamson's Pumpkin spice fruitcake.
Speaker 3: Christmas is right around the corner, so it's the perfect time for the cake nobody wants.
Speaker 1: I'm talking fruitcake.
Speaker 5: It'spade using all fresh ingrid ants like cherries, pineapples, raisins, nuts, and of course a little pumpkin spice.
Speaker 1: Or something like. All this sounds like you just went through the ingredients ingrid ants. They have ants in the fruitcake.
Speaker 4: There's no angry and that's what fruitcake is not good. It's that ants and use just as you'll kind not fire ants, ingrid air.
Speaker 1: You just listened the ingredients. No ingrid ants.
Speaker 4: Oh there are a breed of ants.
Speaker 1: Gotcha breanut exactly? You get it? Wow? Okay, you can get it at rooin temperature or toasted for a warm winter train.
Speaker 5: You'll be the top of your holiday party when you show up with one of these, because you'll be the weirdo that brought the fruitcake.
Speaker 1: You know what they say? Gang.
Speaker 5: People will leave fruitcake to be nice unless it's fruitcake with pumpkin spice.
Speaker 4: It's a twenty hos.
Speaker 2: Podcast by fruitcake from the five Folks at least.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, well there you have it.
Speaker 2: That's what you're gonna be bidding on, kids, all right. So many things were correct in there. You said Christmas was around the corner.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: You said it was a perfect time for this sort of thing fruitcake.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: You listed the ingredients which sound delicious.
Speaker 5: Which include ingrid ants which are in the fruitcake.
Speaker 1: Will that make it more or less expensive? I don't know, Hey, Blake, Christmas is around the corner. He was right on that.
Speaker 2: Contested Number one, Blake, what is your bid on the Williamson's twenty ounce pumpkin spice fruitcake?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Blake, let's go with forty five dollars. Forty five dollars?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, you never know what these things are.
Speaker 1: You know, it could be five bucks, it could be eighty. It does happen with ingrid ants. I already said this. Well, thank you, hype man, Amanda, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Contested Number two, what is your bid on this pumpkin spice fruitcake?
Speaker 3: It's twenty ounces, say nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: Nine, nineteen nine going to say.
Speaker 1: I know you said you were going to say something, but we can't hear it. What were you going to say, Amanda?
Speaker 4: Nine?
Speaker 1: Did you say? Nineteen ninety nine, I'm sorry?
Speaker 11: Nineteen nine?
Speaker 4: Okay, nineteen nine nine?
Speaker 1: Is it nineteen nine?
Speaker 4: One more time, Amanda, nineteen ninety nine?
Speaker 2: Thank you all nailed gotcha nineteen ninety nine. Yeah, we did get that nailed down finally.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then last but not least, the Phiro, the Phiro Good Morning contested number three. I got a forty five dollars bid. I have a nineteen ninety nine bid. It's wide open. What is your bid on the twenty ounce pumpkin spice fruitcake from the fine folks at Williamson's.
Speaker 1: It's aphiro.
Speaker 10: I want to say, forty six.
Speaker 2: Forty six dollars. You just don't know, and clearly nobody knows. One guy knows, I know.
Speaker 1: One guy does know. Someone has to.
Speaker 2: Hi, man, If you can tell us the actual retail price, we can wrap up this game for the season.
Speaker 3: Well, right, The actual retail price of Williamson's Pumpkin Spice Fruitcake is.
Speaker 4: Exactly nineteen dollars and ninety ants.
Speaker 1: Whoa Amando? Of course I gotta bring Amanda on.
Speaker 4: We can't hear her the worst.
Speaker 11: It's Amanda.
Speaker 1: She's the one trick we can't hear on the game. Amanda, you won. I don't believe it. I do believe it.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, you're the winner on the Pumpkins spice price is right as a matter of fact, last game of the year and absolutely stone cold nailing the price.
Speaker 1: What are you giving her?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you a pair of tickets see deft Tons and the Mars Volta Toyota Center. Congratulations you don't I'll even throw in some anger to ants with that.
Speaker 1: I don't know anger dance. Those are ingredients.
Speaker 2: Comet, Blake, Zaphiro and Amanda. Amanda, Merry Christmas to you.
Speaker 4: I thinks me christmasness. She was speak a worst phone.
Speaker 1: Thank you ninety four or five the buzz bad.
Speaker 2: Omens and just pretend Rob Ryan show me that the dense fog advisory.
Speaker 1: I just went out. I didn't go outside. I just I left the room for a second. Uh huh, Wan's to go get my coffee a coffee drink or not?
Speaker 4: Yeah, big time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ually around this time.
Speaker 2: That's when I get my cup of coffee, cup of coffee, cup of.
Speaker 4: Coffee, copy coffee, am.
Speaker 1: And I saw a dense fog advisory.
Speaker 2: Yet still very very foggy here in the in the Galleria area for sure. Fifty percent chances of scattered storms. Highs up around seventy five. Guys, I'm still gonna hook you up with some Monster Jam tickets. Those Monster Jam tickets coming your way at eight twenty uh Buzzfest tickets at nine ten Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets.
Speaker 1: On Know the show today. Man, we just feel like we're just getting started.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Lincoln Park. What I've done, dens fog advisory for your wild card Wednesday, Be careful out there.
Speaker 1: December eighteen, tic tik tik tik tict tick tick getting close to the big day.
Speaker 2: Fifty percent chance of scattered with understorm's highs of around seventy five. Can I talk Monster Jam next hour. We've got a four pack of passes. We got three Monster Jams coming up, all in February two back to back weekends.
Speaker 1: One of the weekends is two shows.
Speaker 2: I'll kind of run through the whole schedule with you. We'll give away a four pack of tickets with pit passes for the February first show. I think that's the Saturday show, So that's coming up. Buzzfest tickets hit nine ten. Right now, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Honda Nissan are reportedly talking about a possible merger. The knee k financial newspaper reports the Japanese automakers are considering the move to help them compete better in the EV market. According to the report, Honda Nissan would operate under a single company and would even consider bringing a Misubishi to form one of the world's largest auto groups. Here in Houston, John Mayer Whitmeyer met with Union Pacific president Beth whited on Tuesday to address rail safety concerns. This is all following the death of a Milby High School student who was hit by.
Speaker 4: A train last week. Union Pacific announced.
Speaker 3: Immediate operational changes, including halting train activity near Broadway Street during school drop off and pickup times.
Speaker 4: The company also.
Speaker 3: Plans to extend sidewalks near the crossing as part of its collaboration with the city on long term safety solutions and community outreach. Taco Bell announced they're adding chicken nuggets to their menu tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh whoa, whoa. I thought we're supposed to stay in our lane here, do what you do?
Speaker 3: Well, Okay, So they actually are called Crispy Chicken nuggets, and they are their breadcrumbs are like crushed up tortilla chips.
Speaker 4: So I guess that's like, I don't know how they're making it Mexican.
Speaker 1: It's their space.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, it's like, okay, like we have these stale tortilla chips, right, why don't we just coat some chicken in them?
Speaker 2: You know, the last time this came up was this is a long time ago, when Phyllis was here. She brought in those damn when they said they were gonna try doing French fries.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I never.
Speaker 2: I've never been since. I never, I've never. I don't remember the last time I went. When she brought in those Taco Bell French fries.
Speaker 1: They were so good. Do they still have those? I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know, cet, I asked the question, I don't want to know what's over there. But so you're talking about these new things that come out tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Chickens christpe Chicken nuggets will be available at Taco Bell. Houston was actually a test market for this, and then they had to decide on dipping sauces as well. So Bell sauce is made with tomatoes, Chila's and garlic and then halapeno honey mustard. There's a hidden valley fire ranch that has some of the fires Taco Bell sauce mixing.
Speaker 1: With regular ranch. Just do ketchup and barbecue.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that's more Windy's.
Speaker 3: Their press release says the nuggets will be available while supplies last, and we do have a blog page up for this.
Speaker 4: You guys want to go check it out food blog page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's headlining the food blog page. Right, you're right.
Speaker 3: Tom Cruise is being given the highest civilian.
Speaker 4: Honor by the US Navy.
Speaker 3: Cruise was honored yesterday with a Distinguished Public Service Award from the Navy. Why well, if you didn't know this, even living under a rock, Tom Cruise played Maverick in both Top Gun films. The set was in San Diego, and these movies are credited with increasing military recruitment, so obviously the Navy is very grateful for that. Tom said, quote, I admire all of the servicemen and women I know in life. Something that is very true to me is that to lead is to serve.
Speaker 4: And he knows that to his core, and he.
Speaker 3: Says he sees that in the Serviceman.
Speaker 4: I'm to get out of the story before that part.
Speaker 8: Okay, look, Dan Zone to the Danzone.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll also be honoring Ron Ryan soon for his standing commitment to this song.
Speaker 1: All right, get out of it. So you should be singing on the show.
Speaker 4: That's what I was thinking, but I didn't want to say I want to.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to damp your shine over there, like you love to sing.
Speaker 4: You're not that good at it.
Speaker 3: Alex very good at singing, Jackass, Nope, doesn't want to do it.
Speaker 2: You should be singing like that.
Speaker 1: That's something at least I try. He does try that.
Speaker 4: You need at least say that.
Speaker 3: The Federal Trade Commission is banning hidden fees on ticket sales.
Speaker 4: Great news this morning.
Speaker 3: So if you've ever bought a live event ticket or booked hotel or rental and paid way more than you were expecting, the Federal Trade Commission finalized a new federal rule yesterday to try to stop that. It would ban surprise junk fees on those types of transactions, so you know, like the convenience fee, the resort fee that hits you boom right when you go to check out. It's like you've accepted, like, Okay, you're gonna pay for this. Whatever price you see is a price you should be paying at the end. Now, this is a rule that should take effect around April, and according to this it'll save consumers and estimated fifty three million hours in time wasted trying to find the actual total price of what they're buying and around eleven billion in savings.
Speaker 4: Over the next decade.
Speaker 1: I mean, is this some of the most wonderful news. If it's true, it's really good news.
Speaker 5: I felt they're just gonna work around and they'll be like, well, now they're not hidden because we showed you them.
Speaker 1: So she's just know this price. But now you just know this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you're not going to do something, so they're not going to lose money. But there's the transparency of this story. And then there is the Kid Rock angle where he's meeting with this incoming attorney general. I believe yes, and he said, I will work with her and anybody that wants to come to the table and help out with this. Let's sit down and work on how rediculous ticket prices are right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah his words, Kid Rocks, whoever is in charge, wants to help fix this.
Speaker 4: Hit your ass to the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I do think that he wants to get involved. So this is his area of expertise. Laugh all you want, but Kid Rock might be able to make something happen here. So it's a two folded story, which is great so much so many of our audience and us included. You buy concert tickets and then stinks it's on hand.
Speaker 1: Those are Hoostin's headlines.
Speaker 2: Rock and roll Jesus, that's what Chili calls him.
Speaker 1: He's our savior. What do you got? Well? The Milwaukee Bucks are NBA Cup champions.
Speaker 5: They beat the Thunder ninety seven to eighty one last night in the championship game. Jannis Attentacumpo had a triple double in that one. Rockets are gonna be back in action tomorrow night when they host the Pelicans at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: It's bowl season in college football.
Speaker 5: Last night, Memphis held on to beat West Virginia forty two to thirty seven in the Frisco Ball.
Speaker 1: We got two more Bowl games tonight.
Speaker 5: At four thirty, Western Kentucky plays James Madison and the Boca Rattan Bowl, and then at eight U n l V takes on cal in the Art of Sport La Bowl. You can watch both of those games on ESPN. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Now, Kim, not your mom. Kim told me that the fries are still available. I said, I don't want to know. I don't want to know that now. You know, just when you were doing that taco bellsar, I'm like, I wonder if the fries are still available.
Speaker 4: You were a potato love and mother I am.
Speaker 1: I had a baker. I had a baked potato last night.
Speaker 4: What did it have on it?
Speaker 2: Just butter, sour cream and uh. I bought just because of the influencers. I bought that Dano's seasoning.
Speaker 1: You ever catch it a couple of cooking videos.
Speaker 2: All the dudes dan O's Okay, yeah, the Danos dan Oh. Oh, you don't know the reference that it sounds like something that the hype man would say, but oh, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Union meetings. So what I put on my baked potato you were asking? I put cheese? Anding cheese. It's good.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Rod.
Speaker 7: Ryan Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: That's Marcy Playground, Sex and Candy. We're at the halfway point of the show.
Speaker 2: Peh, fifty percent chances of scattered thunderstorms. We got Cloudy's guys today, it's gonna keep a little cooler out there.
Speaker 1: His up around seventy five. We hit eighty yesterday.
Speaker 2: The dense fog advisory for this hour, it's going until they're gonna keep until nine. For now, let me know how you're making out out there, and do we still need to keep talking about that? It does look a little foggy here in the Galleria area.
Speaker 1: Now what now?
Speaker 2: What rod Chad mc so, what does the hype man do now for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: He nates.
Speaker 2: He seemed pretty happy that this was going to be his last.
Speaker 1: Time that it would be on the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the hype man. That's it, right, Just pumpkin spice price is right?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: That's it? He seems under it. Just like that, that's.
Speaker 2: It, and just like that, the hype Man's done for twenty twenty four. Yo, it does seem underutilized, Like.
Speaker 4: He needs another uh nigger game.
Speaker 1: Nine weeks, we played nine games. Can we afford? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Can we have to get him into your right?
Speaker 2: Eric says, dude, that's how you finish the Pumpkins Spice Prize. Is right, in true radio fashion, the chick who we can barely hear wins it and nails it.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, Eric, you guys are like.
Speaker 1: In on the joke that we number one.
Speaker 2: This show is torturously live, okay, like it's not pre recorded at all, and you know we're out there, we're on the high wire.
Speaker 1: There's no net.
Speaker 2: Of course, the check that you cannot hear at all on the phones is going to.
Speaker 1: Be the winner.
Speaker 3: So I went in just I was like bothering Alex about the union meeting, and I just want to go get some coffee.
Speaker 4: And I said, you know, let me meander over to Chili let me go, let me go see what Chili Dog's up to.
Speaker 1: And he's on the phone.
Speaker 4: I was in there for a minute and a half.
Speaker 3: The people trying to get trying to wrangle people to get them ready for this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that chick with the.
Speaker 3: Phone that was going on twenty times worse. If you could imagine that being worse many times worse.
Speaker 1: You're in the booth.
Speaker 3: Chili's like, hey, take your phone off, Boots, because he wants to get the right person in there. If you're callar ten, you know your collar ten. It doesn't you don't say you're not caller ten.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, we gotta be able to hear you. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Chili's like, he's like, man, this is what I'm going through right now. And I'm like, okay, Like I'm sorry for even walking any year. Turn on your radio, take your phone off, Boots. It's just I feel for you today. I got a little peak of what goes on in the Chili Bowl, and you you.
Speaker 1: Just build different, dude. One of our joshes.
Speaker 2: Subject game suggestion, Rod, I don't care how you do it. There needs to be a danger zone game on the show in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're people calling and do this. I mean, I don't know how to make it a game. I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, who can send like the biggest idiot. I win, I know it, I know, I win. I can't say.
Speaker 4: I kind of want you to hear how it sounds.
Speaker 1: I mean, I would like you to be on the other.
Speaker 4: End, on the receiving end of this.
Speaker 1: Right now, Radio Wizard is calling us on the hot line.
Speaker 2: Absolutely no Canny Loggins Danger Zone game? No, I mean, is there a game there?
Speaker 5: Alex.
Speaker 1: You don't like you already.
Speaker 2: It's because you're such a singer, because you're such a song No. No, no, it's because it's because you're a songbird that you do not like the Chris Isaac game.
Speaker 1: It's just well documented because you can sing. No, everyone else loves it that can't sing. No, it's because you games you do.
Speaker 2: You have a gift from God that goes unused every day on the show.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts? Just it's one of our josh Is says, there's got to be a Kenny Logins Danger Zone game. Is there anything to work with there? I would rather it be. I'm all right into the Kenny Loggins game sound effects? All right, Well, this show has done dumber things. I'll just say that. Okay, who's stepping that soup? I ever heard of it?
Speaker 2: This show has done dumber things than a potential Kenny Loggins danger Zone game.
Speaker 1: We never si soup.
Speaker 4: This season, and we never chewed chips.
Speaker 1: We really out.
Speaker 4: I love chewing chips. You know I love chewing chips.
Speaker 1: I love chewing chips. I am writing it down. Remind me of it, and we'll see.
Speaker 3: Listen, Dad, listen, I know what we'll seem.
Speaker 1: Put a pin in it.
Speaker 2: When I say we'll see, there's a there's a there's a good chancer we will never see.
Speaker 1: But when I say we'll see, there's a glimmer of hope.
Speaker 2: I don't mind telling people no, that's the dumbest game idea I've ever heard, because you can't.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we should do it.
Speaker 1: I can't determine that yet.
Speaker 4: Right now, right now, who plays the dumbest game ever?
Speaker 3: Not ruling Ryan, We do, we do the work.
Speaker 2: Let's let's just we should take a break, is what we should do. Fine, we're gonna come back.
Speaker 1: We're gonna tell you what's trending.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give you some Monster Jam tickets. We'll work on this Kenny Loggins idea.
Speaker 11: We'll see rock and alternative.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz Good.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan's show eight twenty two. That's a monster jam. Tickets coming up for you in just a moment.
Speaker 1: Den's fog advisory until nine.
Speaker 2: At least it's still nine for now fifty percent chances of scattered thunderstorms. His today of around seventy five, what's trending?
Speaker 3: Happy sixtieth birthday to the one and only Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Speaker 1: Oh, there were some other big birthdays.
Speaker 4: Bottom line for me.
Speaker 2: So he didn't make the He didn't make the looking at girls blog page, but Christina Aguilera did.
Speaker 1: How old is.
Speaker 4: Christina forty seven?
Speaker 1: Forty four? And oh my god, Trish.
Speaker 4: Stratus Stratus Okay, in the wrestling.
Speaker 1: World, your Stratus faction is guaranteed with this Stone Cold sixty, she's got to be.
Speaker 4: Fifty forty nine. I was gonna say fifty two.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but I'm looking at girls blog page is celebrating some birthdays, so good look at.
Speaker 3: A girls blog page doing well, as is the wild Card Wednesday today, So get over to links and guests to check that out.
Speaker 4: Stone Cold Steve Auston just my number one Yeah, I love that guy.
Speaker 3: Also, grub Hub is paying twenty five million dollars to settle accusations at SLED customers about the cost of their delivery.
Speaker 4: So the FTC man, they're coming down hard.
Speaker 3: Also accused delivery service of misleading drivers about how.
Speaker 4: Much they could earn.
Speaker 3: So yeah, another big case kind of flowing around Walmart testing employee body cameras. Just just some just some news in the in the trades there, But that's what's trending on ninety four to five.
Speaker 2: To the buzz, there are going to be three Monster Jams coming up in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: The first one we have tickets for right now.
Speaker 2: It's Saturday February first, Sunday February second, and then the following Saturday, whatever that is. I don't have the calendar in front of me, but yeah, those three of them, two weekends, three shows, and tickets are available now through ticket Master locations. The Rod Ryan Show Monster Jam Truck is going to look the best, maybe the best HiT's ever looked. I'm so excited to I haven't shown or previewed the truck yet.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm gonna get a mock up before the week.
Speaker 2: Is out, I'll ask, but I have a four pack of passes right now, a four pack of passes for the show, and it will get you down to the pit so you can come down and get a picture with the brand new truck, all right.
Speaker 1: Seventy one three two Oh Christmas.
Speaker 12: From The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five, ninety four five the buzz, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan's show is Papa Roach and getting Away with Murder of Papa Roach is going out on tour with Rise Against next year, and we'll have more tickets before that show hits.
Speaker 1: Trust me. This is the last.
Speaker 2: Week and then we're off for Christmas and then for New Year, so we'll come back strong with some tickets for that for sure. Dense fog advisory until nine the cloudy Sky, Scattered thunderstars a fifty percent chance high seventy five. You know what I thought was funny, Tessa yesterday you madjor announcement, and so you got to understand somebody's gonna hear this for the very first time.
Speaker 1: Right now. Testa announced that Friday's going.
Speaker 2: To be her last show here with The Ryan Show, and and you talked about it yesterday, and most people have probably either heard by now or saw the posts, you know, on on social media. The station kind of picked up and ran with it and put it all over the place. I cannot believe how many people remember it had to be in your first month, that pumpkin spice spam.
Speaker 4: It wasn't my first month.
Speaker 8: I think it was like my first day of the first week, not your first day first week.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was early.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe how many people remember that.
Speaker 3: That's death death of Dareddyce. You maybe you guys to bring it back, have some fun.
Speaker 2: Brother ro fun stuff Patrick, brother Ron is dared Eyce coming back when the new chick gets here. Let the new chick know there's no whimping out on spam.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe how many people brought that up. It's just it was.
Speaker 2: It was one show, and it was so early on, and I probably heard about it from I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, maybe like eight people yesterday when they were talking about.
Speaker 2: It, like make you eat the you know, the spam before you leave.
Speaker 1: No, don't, well, I'm not even considering that.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying Alex bringing a skillet fried up, how happy he was that day? Yeah, and then how upset he was after and I didn't do it.
Speaker 4: You went on a whirlwind.
Speaker 2: There was a very funny video too, thinking about that when I don't know if you spit it out and Alic like she.
Speaker 1: Just spit out the whole thing. Like he was so upset because I think he went I bought the.
Speaker 2: Spam, but he brought like the hot plate and the pan and everything to heat it up in the room and.
Speaker 1: It was it happy.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the first air dice, but it was. It was the last air dice probably, I can't I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Doing it since then we did the chip with Chili.
Speaker 5: Well that's just chili participate in Okay, Oh, it's.
Speaker 1: The same thing.
Speaker 4: I ate an eat it either, But people don't remember that.
Speaker 2: I just ran into a couple of fellows at the Gross store and they said, Rod, I heard your very first show when you got lost, and I just I'm like, no, you didn't. Maybe you heard about it, but you didn't. Nobody was listening to this morning show. I'm sorry the guys that were on here before me. It's twenty one years ago.
Speaker 1: When they were courting me to come here.
Speaker 2: The show was in thirteenth place and like a demographic that they should have been number one in the show was in thirteenth place.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? No one was listening?
Speaker 2: So when I got here for my first show on January second, two thousand and four, it was worse than thirteenth place because it.
Speaker 1: Just got done with the holidays, so it was worse.
Speaker 2: And the fact that people just last week, a couple of dudes at Kroger, you know, came up to me and we're talking, which is great, and I love all that, I really do love it, but they're talking about, dude, I heard that first show and you got lost.
Speaker 1: I go.
Speaker 2: Now every time I meet somebody that says that, like, Okay, now I've met every single person that listened, because there wasn't that many. There just wasn't. But I couldn't believe how often, Yes, you did this yesterday at seven o'clock with your announcement.
Speaker 3: Ma, can I believe tagged in spam? Over five over the five years, I've probably been tagged.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know this was an ongoing thing with you.
Speaker 3: Every pumpkin spice, spam, anything relating to spam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you get tagged in.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, Okay, that's my rep my spam reputation.
Speaker 2: To get her to eat the spam before she leaves, like, yeah, that's what I want her, that's what I want her. Exit thought of us is waterboarding her with we know spam. Good morning rob Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this Hey, Tanner?
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm doing good? Awesome? Would you like some Monster Jam tickets?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Most definitely.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Manner. It's a four pack, it's pit passes. Come on down and join us.
Speaker 2: Let's get some pictures. We got pictures, I know, but come down. Say hi to us again.
Speaker 1: My fun, my sexurel. He's gonna be it's.
Speaker 2: It's this is the Saturday February first show, so six years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can handle a pit and the show. And yeah he'll be fine. He'll be fine. Oh yeah, perfect, all right, Tanner. Merry Christmas to you, Bro, Merry Christmas. Thank you guys, thank you.
Speaker 13: Twenty years of Mayhem in the Morning with The Rod Ryan Show only ninety.
Speaker 2: Four ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on. I'm ready for some new Glorious Suns music. I know alex Is too. I love that band.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there. You know what, they might have some new stuff out right now. They're constantly constantly.
Speaker 2: We talk about this when we talk about Glorious Suns, the lead singer, he is just such a prolific songwriter.
Speaker 1: They constantly put out songs.
Speaker 2: And we were around and they were talking about him, like during the pandemic, I think he was putting out a song a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was writing and making it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was writing a song and putting it out every single day during the pandemic for a long period of time. That's how like it just comes to him. He just just it spills out of him.
Speaker 4: So doing a couple of festivals.
Speaker 3: They're all in Canada, though. The closest they come to like the US is they're doing a ship Rocked cruise out of Miami in January.
Speaker 2: So f yi, ship Rocked is awesome too. That's one of these rock cruises. Man, I'd love to go on that.
Speaker 1: He'll be awesome.
Speaker 2: I help. You're off to a great start to your morning. Chili's been working out like he's getting a jump on everybody. Everyone's going to be talking about getting fit and in shape. You know, January, you know we're going to be talking about it on this radio show, Chili. He's been hitting the gym every time I talked to he was like, all right, dude, I'm out of here, going to hit the gym, Chili. My question for you is what is the average length ha ha of your workout? Look at him scrambling, It's like my headphones. He's plugging in his headphone.
Speaker 1: Why are they unblocked?
Speaker 2: He's just like completely, It's like catching somebody with their pants off.
Speaker 15: Hey hey, hey, hey, hey, Now what was her question?
Speaker 2: I know you couldn't hear me because he didn't have man was talking, all right, what what's the typical workout for you?
Speaker 1: How long do you think it takes? I'm doing two hours? Two hours. Yeah, you're working out for two hours when you leave here?
Speaker 15: Yeah, what do you do? So I'm working out like two body parts a day. So I'll do like so today I have to do shoulders and bicyps and you just go right in.
Speaker 3: The shoulders and biceps when you get in the gym, or do you.
Speaker 15: Warm up or well, yeah, I'll go to the I'll go in, you know, do like a couple of warm up sets for whatever. Like if I'm doing shoulders, lightweight shoulders, warm them up, stretch them out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll get them like walking okay.
Speaker 15: Now, and then you know, I'll do a front shoulder press, rear shoulder press.
Speaker 1: So is it just waits? Like she asked about, like is there you? Is it cardio? I mean two hours? Sometimes I do.
Speaker 15: Sometimes I do, like about twenty minutes of the treadmill, okay, but I put her like when a twelve incline and maybe get to like seven, we'll just speed.
Speaker 1: I want to lose all that new muscle mass you're building. Yeah, you know that's an incredibly long time. Two hours.
Speaker 2: That is a really long I wasn't expecting that the average a typical workout takes your average person here in the US forty seven minutes.
Speaker 1: That sounds about right to me. I turned it like I'll go in.
Speaker 3: I'm like, let me just go in for twenty If I'd say just do it for twenty minutes, I'll end up saying for like thirty five forty.
Speaker 1: I don't just twenty minutes just the treadmill or stairs.
Speaker 3: No, So I that's the other thing. I don't do the same thing every time. So like I'm kind of all over plate, like we there's nice go out and run. If my friends want to play tennis, okay, we'll go play tennis.
Speaker 2: But like if I'm going to the gym out, so I'm saying this is specifically workout.
Speaker 3: Like if I go to the gym, yeah, I just lift some ways, I'll say, go get like ten heavy squats in three sets of that, and then yeah, do.
Speaker 4: Some other weighted, weighted workout.
Speaker 3: And I usually end up saying there for about thirty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Thirty five yeah, okay, forty seven is the average. Now, they say, when people are talking about that regularly work out, they say the whole thing. And this is where I don't want to scare you. Way, if if you're thinking about working out.
Speaker 1: They say, it's it's two hours.
Speaker 2: If you if you are driving to the gym and you got a shower.
Speaker 1: Afterwards, you gotta drive.
Speaker 2: They say, that's the thing that I think scares people away, Like you don't have if you don't have time, they say, it's it's an hour and a half, two.
Speaker 1: Hours, like for everything. But there is a lot of monkey business that goes on. I mean, even if you're just if you're timing out your pre workout, drink and everything.
Speaker 2: I mean they're like looking at everything. Okay, not who's making a who's designing a workout every day?
Speaker 1: I mean I'm not.
Speaker 15: I mean, you can do you can do a forty five minute forty five minute, but if it's like high intensity workout, you know.
Speaker 1: I go from one thing to the next, to the next to the next. I want to get out of there.
Speaker 4: So that's like a high intensity workout.
Speaker 15: You you go and you get your reps in, then you move on to the next, and then you move to the next.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be there. I'm not hanging out making calls. I'm not just hanging like people just get on a machine and they hang like.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that that.
Speaker 15: I had to wait for a guy the other day that was just sitting there doing a rap and looking at his phone, and I was trying not to be that guy that went like, hey, dude, you need to move it or you know, so I just kind of waited, which slowed my workout of way, which kind of pissed me off. But you know, sometimes that's just what it takes.
Speaker 1: You filming yourself. You filming yourself. Nah, you know you're not A funny thing is influencer.
Speaker 15: One day I grabbed my, uh like a tripod that I had at the house, and I was going to bring it for a year. And the first thing Christina says, Oh, now that you're working out, you're gonna be one of those idiots, the person you know what, I'm gonna drop this. It made me so mad because I was like, you know me better than that.
Speaker 1: The score has, miss Christina. One chili nothing, yeah, nothing for Christmas? All right, chilli? Two hours. Good for you, bro Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 12: The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 7: Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for having us on. We better move right into Joss headlines over here.
Speaker 2: I got Buzzfest tickets for you early in the nine o'clock hour. Also Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets. Next hour. Dens Fog Advisory. Just heard from somebody down in Dalveston. They said it's wicked thick down there, so man be careful. Looks like it's still a problem.
Speaker 1: Got a fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today.
Speaker 2: Hie them around seventy five. All right, let's go one final time. Tessa Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Well, the deadline to avoid at least a partial shutdown of the federal government is Friday night, and with Congress expecting to adjourn for Christmas, Honkah, and New Year's holidays Friday, they're expecting to vote really quickly, possibly tomorrow. So Congress released a short term funding bill just days before that shut down deadlining.
Speaker 1: Have you been talking about this all morning?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: Why did it just hit me? Don't we have something for this?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: We do? It just hit me and I just looked at the kid. I went, don't we have something?
Speaker 2: You've been talking about a possible government shutdown on this show?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: Sorry, the deal has been reached to avoid a government shutdown.
Speaker 1: You got anything?
Speaker 3: So the funding deadline has been moved from December twentieth to March fourteenth. It buys time for the next Congress and incoming president to work out how the government should be funded for the incoming year.
Speaker 4: Again, I'm talking about a government shut down.
Speaker 1: Oh that this makes me happy to hear what you have on in a secret location.
Speaker 3: Run down to the basement and pull this track out of the vault when it's shut down. No, we have to pass a bill to get this out of the vault.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, if the word government shutdown is being said on this show, you know I'm gonna call for that, all right.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: The two NASA astronauts who have been stuck on the International Space Station will have to stay there through March.
Speaker 4: Sodiye Williams, Butch Wilmore.
Speaker 3: You know, they flew to the ISS on Boeing Starliners first test flight in June. The test flight was shaky. I think they were only supposed to stay in space for a week.
Speaker 1: Well, my question is are they getting like overtime paid? Dude?
Speaker 3: They better get be like triple time, triple time and a half, triple time and a half.
Speaker 2: I mean, and you're up there, you can't spend any money. There's no there's no shopping for it, you know what I mean? So maybe Amazon, I yes, you could probably online shop, but nobody's going to.
Speaker 1: Deliver it to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't like get it.
Speaker 1: So go home. I mean, oh, they're missing Christmas. What is the compensation? What is the compensation package? Nothing?
Speaker 4: What do you have?
Speaker 3: My family's moved on without me to have a different life. There's a new wife, like what what do you? My kids have a stepmom now they're happier without me.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking there's some kind of there's a there's an assumed risk when you go and do these types of things. So I'm not talking about suing them, but are we taking care of them financially?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Being about being compensated for your life?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's god worth. What's worth whatever you were going to make?
Speaker 4: Like quadruple it at least I don't know.
Speaker 3: NASA's repeatedly pushed back the launch of the SpaceX craft that would be used to bring them home. So we're supposed to be there for a week. It'll be closer than nine months. Nine months, guys, I.
Speaker 4: Could have cooked a kid, cooked a kid in that, But I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to work the rest of my life. All right, that's what kind of money I'm looking for?
Speaker 1: How good or bad? How good about it?
Speaker 4: You're at wrapping gifts?
Speaker 3: A lot of people could use some help wrapping presence this time of year. I love the places that are like, oh did you want us to give wrap that for you?
Speaker 4: You just made a purchaser?
Speaker 1: Oh did you did you want.
Speaker 4: Us to give? Yes?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I would love a professional to do it. Sometimes it's not always easy and it kind of can be time consuming. So the people most likely to admit that they're terrible at rapping presents are men. Let's be honest, it takes practice to get really good at it. But there's no skill in being geese and at it. It's just like being willing to make the effort to wrap the gifts.
Speaker 4: How's our poll going?
Speaker 1: All right? Poll question brod Ryan schro on the X. Eight percent of our audience says they're very good at wrapping gifts.
Speaker 2: Okay, thirty seven percent of our audience says they're good.
Speaker 1: At rapping gifts. I really gave you a lot of options here.
Speaker 2: Thirty six percent say you're somewhat bad at it, and then almost twenty percent of our audience is very very bad at it, which means you just number one, you don't like doing it. Number two, you don't put in the time. If you put in just a minimal amount of effort, you can be bad at it.
Speaker 1: But to say that.
Speaker 2: You're just very bad at it, it's not that hard of a thing. I just I am not good at it because I don't put it in the time.
Speaker 1: I hate it. It's a waste of time.
Speaker 4: It's oh, I is time to get the gift of joy.
Speaker 2: And it's just as soon as I make one bad fold on the whole thing, like I will once I have a piece of tape in there.
Speaker 1: Whatever happens after that is staying where it is.
Speaker 4: I was looking at.
Speaker 3: Some of these videos that are supposed to help you, like be good at making bows, Like they take you step by step, but they move too quick.
Speaker 4: They're like, oh, look here's a hack, just loop, swoop and pool, and you're like, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I would say the opposite about every other video. Get to it.
Speaker 4: No that the trickery on the bows kind of hard, okay.
Speaker 3: Beverly Hills, Cops by Kids in Star Trek two, The Wrap of Connor among this year's crop of movies joining the National Film Registry in the Library of Congress. A total of twenty five movies were selected for preservation.
Speaker 4: Bringing the list to some nine hundred films.
Speaker 3: Other films that made the cut this year include Dirty Dancing, No Country for Old Men, and the Facebook origin story the social network Cheech.
Speaker 1: And Chong up in Smoke?
Speaker 4: Did you Say that? Got in there? As well?
Speaker 1: It did amazing it did.
Speaker 2: That's Cheaing Chong's first movie. That's why going back to the seventies. But I mentioned it because I don't really love Cheach and Chong. That movie is my uncle's love. This movie, oh, movie is so great.
Speaker 1: It's so great.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Slipknot because Sean Clown Crahan says the band has more albums in them.
Speaker 4: They've been ongoing on their twenty fifth anniversary tour.
Speaker 3: He says it's been really emotional bringing back the memories of his late bandmates Joey Jordanson and Paul Gray, was the former drummer and bass player for the band for Slipknot, but he says there's something happening between the nine of us right now. He says a lot is floating around. We probably have several albums in us right now. Said nothing is said in soon, but it does sound like music is on the way, new music on the way. He also said that the band's lost album Look Outside Your Window is still coming and it's out of my hands now.
Speaker 4: Okay, those are Houston Deadlings.
Speaker 1: Take it Alex Well.
Speaker 5: The Milwaukee Bucks are NBA champions. They beat the thunder ninety seven to eighty one last night in the championship game. Yiannis Attenda Compo had a double in that one, and he led everyone in scoring with twenty six points in the night. Rockets are gonna be back in action tomorrow night when they host the Pelicans at the Toyota Center. It's bowl season in college football. Last night, Memphis held on to beat West Virginia forty two to thirty seven and the Frisco Ball. There's two more bowl games on the schedule tonight. At four thirty we got Western Kentucky taken on James Madison and the Boca Ratan Bowl, and then at eight o'clock, UNLV takes on cal in the La Bowl. You can watch both of those games on ESPN. That is what's going on in sports. Come on to bus Rock and ALTN Rod.
Speaker 12: Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: I'm six to ten AM, ninety four.
Speaker 2: To five, the Buzz, look at Part breaking the Habit, Welcome to the nine o'clock hour or fourth and final Hour together. Yes, I'm gonna get the Busfest tickets coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 1: The Big Show going down Saturday, May twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: Woodland's Pavilion tickets are still available through Ticketmaster locations.
Speaker 1: Look, I just looked.
Speaker 2: At it yesterday. Tickets remaining for the show. Okay, a lot of the seats are gone. Most of the seats.
Speaker 1: Are gone from when I looked yesterday. That Den's fog advisory is supposed to be done.
Speaker 2: Some of you are telling me you still have dealing with some pesky fog this morning in your area. So, okay, that might be slowing you down just a little bit. There's a fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today.
Speaker 1: Highs today of around seventy five.
Speaker 2: You know, I saw the Cheech and Chong headline, and I thought, first, I know that Chili loves Cheach and Chong.
Speaker 1: I love that movie too. I love that movie.
Speaker 2: The other one's Nice Dreams, And there was a couple of other ones that Cheech and Chong did. It never really captured the magic of up and smoke. It's old, nineteen seventy eight, and I remember my grandma had cable before we did. Had a guy go up on the Yeah, my uncle had a guy go up on a telephone poll and do something. And she had some box on her TV. She had MTV and HBO and stuff. We used to go over there and watch TV. I got to go to my grandma's house to watch MTV in the early days. But Cheach and Chong was one of those HBO movies that was always on that and because my grandma loved him, she thought.
Speaker 1: It was funny.
Speaker 2: Blues Brothers my grandma, my grandma who wasn't like overly cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, she was mean and all these people are mean that I come from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she loved the Blues Brothers too, like we would watch those movies with her. So Cheach and Chongs Up in Smoke is officially being added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry.
Speaker 1: I don't know much about this. I don't know what's all involved.
Speaker 2: There's twenty five films that are being inducted for what they call preservation, so I had to go look it up. To make the registry, a movie must be at least ten years old. This clearly clears that the cheating showing up in Smoke is from Like I said nineteen seventy eight, it's gotta have some sort of cultural, historical, or esthetic significance. I don't know who judges these things, who who puts it in there? Pride to the Yankees. Is a movie from the forties that's going in Texas. Chainsaw Massacre is going in this in this group of twenty five movies, the Original, the original from seventy four, Beverly Hills Cop. I mean, like, these movies are all over the place, so it's it's gotta have some sort of cultural, historical or esthetic significance. Dirty Dancing, Spy Kids, No Country for Old Men, the movie The Social Network.
Speaker 1: There's no rhyme or reason to any of these movies. They don't all hit one thing.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, it's somebody that is put in charge of the Library of Congress.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it's just a list of their favorite movies.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Just what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Just that job.
Speaker 3: You're like, I'm gonna get all my movies in done.
Speaker 1: Spy Kids is another one that's going in.
Speaker 3: Like I could have gone my whole life without that going in the registry, and I'd been like, no snub.
Speaker 1: But then here we are when it goes in. Is there a spot that it's in.
Speaker 4: Is there a library the Spy Kids spot?
Speaker 1: Is everything digital?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Is it in the cloud?
Speaker 2: Is there an actual library of these movies? So I really I'm not being I'm not.
Speaker 1: Doing a bit. I don't know much about this at all to get rid of another movie. Whenever they bring in new movie, I think, once you're in, you're in. I kind of like it.
Speaker 2: It's like it's sounds like you're gonna bring in new Hall of Famers and then kick out an old Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: But the Library of Congress has so much stuff in it, Like does it?
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got all kinds of stuff. So like when my brother was in high school, he wrote an essay and it won an award and it went into the Library of Congress. Okay, so like my brother's essay's in there with these movies.
Speaker 4: Is that what you're telling me?
Speaker 1: I don't know. My kids.
Speaker 2: My kids just like with construction paper, made a snowman this year. Can I submit that to the Library of Congress?
Speaker 1: It like put it in. I think it's I think it's perfect.
Speaker 3: Nominate it and have to win an award. People have to vote on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, well that's the story. Uh, Chillie, are you a fan? I mean Cheach and Shawn. I get it.
Speaker 2: The cultural significance I understand I talk about that movie. I know that there's some other ones. I remember Nice Dreams. I feel like was the follow up movie.
Speaker 1: Did you ever like.
Speaker 2: It's such a long time ago. Did you ever watch their stand up?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 15: The reason I got into it was because I got to see first I got to see Born in This La, which.
Speaker 1: Was just cheat. It was cheach.
Speaker 2: It was There was a song that was on Speaking of MTV, Born in East LA. It was a it was a play on Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so it's a parody song.
Speaker 4: That's the only reason I do.
Speaker 15: And then when I was in high school, I mean in junior or high is when I got to see uh up and Smoked Awesome because of their My cousin had the soundtrack and I listened and I was like, all the songs, yeah they were musical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were musical, like Cheech Chong, they were like they they had a band, yeah maybe yeah, yeah.
Speaker 15: Something like that. So that's the only reason. But I I didn't get to see their stand up or anything like that.
Speaker 2: That's how they started, I think, you know, work in the clubs and then yeah and doing like weed humor back in the day.
Speaker 15: Mexican Americas don't like to wake up early and answer to the telephone.
Speaker 1: That's one of his businesss. And it's funny.
Speaker 2: I can tell you specifically what my grandma laughed about what she thought was the funniest thing.
Speaker 1: It's like they're.
Speaker 2: Smoking a huge doobie in that car that Lowrider, right and the song Lowrider, and there's smoke and.
Speaker 1: The guy goes, wow, man, this is some good s. Or cheach cheek says this is some good s. What's it?
Speaker 2: And Chawn said, well, it is s and his dog ate his stash and he was chasing around his dog picking up all his dog poop and still rolled joints out of it.
Speaker 1: My grandma thought that was the funniest joke ever because he said he laughed ass off. He said what kind is and he says it's labrador labrador? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 15: I forgot about it mixed with a little bit of South Hells.
Speaker 2: My grandma thought that was the funniest thing ever, that they were smoking dog poop.
Speaker 15: My favorite part of that is when he goes hey, when the cop pulls him over, and then he's like, what's your name?
Speaker 1: And he throws up and he goes his name.
Speaker 2: Is Rah, Yeah, yeah, And then he asked him for his license and he goes, yeah, it's on the back of the car.
Speaker 1: All right, let's give away some tickets here.
Speaker 3: What do you got, I've got a pair of tickets to Buzzfest recently announced.
Speaker 4: Uh, Saturday, May twenty fourth is when this goes down.
Speaker 3: We know the place, Woodland's Chavelle Marilyn Manson bl October Pod Evans Blue Sleep Theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll take call her ten seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock, Houston's Altering it have all day and the Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five to the buzz Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show. Hey, scoring on the funds. Here, every phone line ringing good morning, good morning, every phone line ringing, You're on one of them.
Speaker 1: You're on one of these lines. Who is it, miss Rick? Rick? Your callor ten two man? Congratulations you made it through. Oh, well, punched it through.
Speaker 10: Fantastic first time. Well, no, first time getting through anyway. They had a long time listener to you guys or sich you began twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: Wow, I want to say someone else that won something from us today said it was the very first time. It was the guy that won the zoo lights in homeroom. He said that he had never even been on the air before. He's been called six or two from time to time, but never been on the air and he finally won something today.
Speaker 1: So something's in the air. Rick, I'm glad you made it through.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes it is.
Speaker 1: And I'm man.
Speaker 10: I'm listening to you guys every morning like a kid, a long time listener.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 10: I listened to you guys six to sixteen m everybody. You guys rock man. I really appreciate gays, which I'll do.
Speaker 2: Nobody is more deserving of these Buzzfest tickets. Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion. Rick, you got a pair of tickets, Man, I'm happy for you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Thank you, brother Rod, and you're all you Alex and test all you got. Appreciate you, guys.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you.
Speaker 13: Rick.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas Online Kid's.
Speaker 12: Alix Online ninety four five The much.
Speaker 1: Okay, what you're doing today?
Speaker 2: You said you were doing old Christmas themed websites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, apps or whatever you do.
Speaker 5: You're having a little snowball fights. Yeah, you can't really do that in Texas. Yea snowing, But on today's AOL, you're going to fight a bunch of Santadels with snowballs. You use your space, your space bartiflow snowballs, and you use your arrow keys. You're left in right arrow keys to move to go get an elf or to avoid being hit by snowballs.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty simple. Do you remember? It was really old school?
Speaker 2: I think it might have come via an via an email and it was like, hey, you've been invited to the snowball fight. You would get an email and it would it would link to.
Speaker 5: So you could play you could play other Yeah, I do remember.
Speaker 1: That's old right, Yeah, that's way way back.
Speaker 2: Was there was there another one where you had to keep adding lines and somebody kept skiing and you add line line rider?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Was there a school? Was that a snow version?
Speaker 5: Well, he was like he was always wearing a hat, and then I think for Christmas they'd put the little Santa hat on it. Yeah yeah, yeah, ski line rider, yeah, line writer.
Speaker 2: I'm having like all these flashbacks the snowback in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the snowball fight sounds fun. Mom, we'll go check it out.
Speaker 5: Have a little snowball fight today instead of working at the world Finished Rod Yan showpage of the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 12: Ryan Show on ninety four five of The Buzz.
Speaker 1: It's so good. Why do you only do that on this one song? It's just another one hidden talent, get crazy. I should really do that more often. I want you to sing more, and I'd like you to shred like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, there, it's like you're good at that stuff.
Speaker 2: I want you fade out on your shred fine, don't stop cold though, fade out ninety four bus. That's the Beastie Boys, No sleep till Brooklyn and that's uh Alex shreddon in the background.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, I heard a rumor that people were going to be coming in and busted in, and it looks like people are.
Speaker 1: In fact coming in, busting in, busting in. There's the.
Speaker 2: Fun Squad, there's Mark Sherman, all the big names, all the big stars here at iHeart Houston, h Tessa. I think they wanted to do some sort of a shot for me.
Speaker 1: Is it always a shot?
Speaker 6: Guy?
Speaker 1: I don't know you shot? There's radio Wizard, don't all right? Wizard who organized this Sylvia organized this Tyba.
Speaker 4: Why always a shot?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're known for?
Speaker 3: It's radio, that's what we.
Speaker 2: Do, okay, right, I mean when in Rome, I guess I can't.
Speaker 1: Take the pink one?
Speaker 4: No, dude, take it is good?
Speaker 1: That's the all right, I'm not taking the pink one? Is it fire rules?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: Boy?
Speaker 1: I wish?
Speaker 3: Just was it the eggnog one?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think. Are we doing this on Friday?
Speaker 4: I don't know quick? So this salespeople are crazy.
Speaker 2: Tell me, tell me nobody from sales is going to be here on Friday. Without telling me nobody from sales is going to be here on Friday. Well, I might Wednesday. I'm saving mine for Friday. I mean, I'm gonna drink with you guys. Uh am I saying the stuff you should?
Speaker 1: What is?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What am I gonna say on Friday? Yeah? You saying? What am I going to say?
Speaker 8: You hardly knew?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and here you are.
Speaker 16: When you came to us, you were so green and you're green today.
Speaker 1: You're wearing green. Anyway.
Speaker 16: Well, I don't know what to say. I mean, nothing planned. We just wanted to drink. And so that's why we're here and we're all drinking, so we know you like to drink. So there is there's a there's a lattice of coincidence in there somewhere. So cheers to you.
Speaker 1: Best to you. It's not too late to change your mind, all right, Tessa. Cheers Tessa, lots of love. We will see the best Friday, yes we will. And Thursday. Maybe I'm only drinking if you drink. I just say more nice things on Friday.
Speaker 4: Now you ran out, You ran out of thing?
Speaker 1: Did you drink?
Speaker 2: You didn't get the pink one either? All right, cheers to a wonderful five years.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Those are full shots. That's a Wednesday, right, there's a fireball. Those are full shot?
Speaker 4: Why no, thank you, it's your shot.
Speaker 1: You take it. Give it to Chili. Did Chili get one? He's working out for two hours later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll do a nice buzzed workout.
Speaker 1: He's working out for two hours later. The show stills happening. We're in the show. Oh yeah, we're on the air.
Speaker 4: We don't have to know the show yet. It's my thing coming up?
Speaker 1: Why fire? Why fire? Paul?
Speaker 2: Every time they all I heard was they wanted to come in they meaning we.
Speaker 1: Thought I thought that, like, yeah, it seemed like they had something planned.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought that.
Speaker 1: She shot shots are planned, goes, we have.
Speaker 4: Something for you.
Speaker 1: Was that the thing instead of words, let's just drink? I think that's the thing. That's what you're getting a shot? What are you drinking now? Chasing cold brew?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, cold bottle of cold b Well.
Speaker 2: I didn't have a lot lot left speaking of so Friday show, it's never really talk. We don't ever talk about this but Friday. You know, we would do like a little gift exchange for nine o'clock hour. It's loose as a goose around here.
Speaker 1: Uh, Chillian, did you hook up? There's a guy that wants to bring us food. Let's let him in. Have you spoken to with Yeah? Yeah I did.
Speaker 15: I emailed him back yesterday and I told him he wanted to be here like in the six o'clock hour, and I was like, hell no, bro, that's like the craziest hour for the show myself. Yeah, So I told him if he could do it like at seven, and he thankfully he said yes. Okay, so we should be expecting him in the seven o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: What kind of him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, still bring it in a charcuterie board. Does you guys still want that? I have one.
Speaker 1: I would save it.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's gonna be easy to made a lot of food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at I'm trying to get it. I'm trying to get his name right now. Well, we'll figure it out. I mean he reached out. He reached out to me. He's been wanting to bring us in some food. And you know that that.
Speaker 2: Opportunity comes up a lot. And I just don't want people bringing us food. I know you guys don't want to hear this. I just don't want people bring us food all the time.
Speaker 4: Doesn't want you.
Speaker 5: We would be very we would all be very overweight if we let everybody bring food in it.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest with you, Okay.
Speaker 2: It's a real hacky morning show thing to just get food all the time. There was a producer on a morning show here years ago, and I would jokingly call her the food and beverage director of that morning show. I don't think she booked anything as far as an interview. All she did was get them food every day. And she was like, where can I get free food from? And I don't like that it's a real it's a super hacky mining show thing to do. But occasionally, obviously we've had different people come in and bring U stuff and it's always great when it happens. A lot of times it's great sponsors too that want to, like, you know, they want to come buy and do some stuff for us.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so well, shout out to Jason Scobelo from Smoke Barbecue and Caterine.
Speaker 1: He's going to bring us some.
Speaker 2: He's been he's been beating me up to kind of bring us some food for a while and then and I say, you know what, listen, I appreciate it, You're awesome, but you know you don't have to do that.
Speaker 1: He's like, I really really want to.
Speaker 2: And I said, okay, well listen, where we do kind of want some food is usually the last show of the year. I said, if you're interested, then that would be cool.
Speaker 1: And he's like absolutely because he wanted to bring it last week the week before, And I said, how about the last show.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we got food covered. Are you bringing in champagne? Do I need to bring in some sort of Are you bringing eggnog like Nagasaki?
Speaker 4: Nagasaki?
Speaker 1: Okay, bring I don't. We've never talked about this.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have too much mood. Okay, I'm not gonna don't plan it.
Speaker 2: Talk too much about it street in order listen.
Speaker 1: It's not a house party.
Speaker 4: Keg No, you know what, helsaid. Housaid, he's bringing in twelve bottles of tequila.
Speaker 1: I said, why would you do that?
Speaker 4: He said, so we can drink them. I don't know. No, no, he said, to drink and then to.
Speaker 1: Take I'm getting dropped off. I'm getting dropped off. Let's get all work done. I gotta catch I gotta catch a flight after the show on Friday. I'm gonna let you do. What are you giving away to know the show?
Speaker 4: Shot fireball pair of tickets to ooh, this just one shot waiting for It's a.
Speaker 3: Warm Trans Siberian Orchestra on the Lost Christmas Eve Tour going down at Toyota Center in December twenty sixth.
Speaker 4: This is an awesome show. I gotta think of a question. That's hard to think.
Speaker 1: We will have a question for you on the flip of this break.
Speaker 11: Easton's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 7: The Rod Morning Show six to A ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five ninety four five the bus, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Let's go come on, La.
Speaker 17: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: All right, time for the show trans Siberian Orchestra, December twenty sixth.
Speaker 1: There's two shows that day. Question, that's your question going.
Speaker 4: To be, Well, Alex isn't gonna know this, but everyone else might.
Speaker 3: What kind of ants were in the fruitcake?
Speaker 4: The pumpkin spice fruitcake that was the product for Harkness Spiced Price.
Speaker 3: Isn't that yet a certain kind spory special?
Speaker 2: You had to be listening carefully for that seven one three two one two.
Speaker 1: Five nine four five. But it's a great prize, so come get it very Christmas.
Speaker 12: From The Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: On ninety four five, The Buzz, ninety four five, The Buzz, it's a puddle of mud. Last time we were talking about them, they lost.
Speaker 1: On Throwback Thursday. I was I was voting for them too. All morning long, Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Getting ready to wrap up a wild card Wednesday, fifty percent chances, scattered thunderstorms throughout the day, cloudy high of seventy five.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 12: It is now time for know this show on ninety four five.
Speaker 7: La La la la la la la la La La La la la la.
Speaker 17: La la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning. Well hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: Hi?
Speaker 2: This Kathy?
Speaker 1: Hello Kathy? How are you?
Speaker 12: I'm good?
Speaker 2: Great, Tesla? What's your question? I know the show, Kathy. She's calling in. She must know it.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kathy, what kind of ants were in the pumpkin sized Price is Right product?
Speaker 4: Today? Were they called it in the commands? Wait?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Thank you? By?
Speaker 1: Say it again for us? I don't think so you say indigo ants?
Speaker 4: What are you saying indycome? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, You're talking about a real ant? Okay, obviously you think hype man was being serious.
Speaker 1: Robert, good morning. All right, hello Robert, welcome to know the show test. So what's your question, Robert?
Speaker 3: What kind of ants were in the pummy sized Prices Right product?
Speaker 10: That would be ingredient the ingreedy ants?
Speaker 5: Okay, ingredients, ingredients ingreedy ants found like I'm hungry ants.
Speaker 2: Kathy actually knows a little something about ants, and she doesn't win.
Speaker 1: She knows your aunts. And on this dumb show, science gets you on this dumb show when you actually know something and you're smart. You don't win.
Speaker 4: You get hung on.
Speaker 1: Us when you hear some idiotic joke.
Speaker 2: Then you win on the show. Apparently, Robert, you're the winner. What are you giving them?
Speaker 1: How does that work?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Poor Kathy, fare ticket to the Trans Siberian Orchestra.
Speaker 1: They belong to you. You know the show.
Speaker 4: You know your ingreedy ants.
Speaker 1: And all right, trans Iberian Orchestra, those are yours? Poor Kathy.
Speaker 2: She was like, yeah, I've heard about these ants. These are real problem, a big problem with fruitcake. Cody is a killer. Cody was unbelievably lights out. He's been lights out in the tournament. He's the first time Hall of Famer. He took out the Birdman, he took out Sean Connery, he took out the other Sean.
Speaker 1: He's like a Sean killer. He's in the last game of the year.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow is the second last game of the year. It's Adam the Kop taking on the Goat. The winner of that game plays on Friday. Wow, you gott to join us at home room, guys. It's fun, all right, thank you. Wild Card Wednesday was our number one link today. Hype Man with his ingredy ants.
Speaker 1: Hype man. That's it. He goes away.
Speaker 2: We got to find a way to use him some other time. I just can't. I can't imagine him not being on the show until next year.
Speaker 1: November already. I mean, come on, what does the union say?
Speaker 7: Alec?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I haven't enjoying yet, but I might hit him up. Chilli works out for two hours? Yeah, all right, working out.
Speaker 4: It's like either working out our sleeping.
Speaker 1: Everyone needs to step up there.
Speaker 2: Everyone needs to step up their game when it comes to wrapping gifts. Not very many people are great at it. I found that out in our poll question today on Twitter or on the X at rod Ryan's show, all right, uh, do make or eat pumpkin spice spam before she leaves? The amount of emails I will riot Tomorrow's throwback.
Speaker 1: Thursday, Tomorrow's read my lips? Who's playing me?
Speaker 3: And out?
Speaker 1: You know me? And yeah?
Speaker 4: Me and Alex?
Speaker 3: Okay, one time, one last time, Alex, just for funny Tom.
Speaker 1: Jerry's got the non stuff noon coming up.
Speaker 2: He's got pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour at rod Ryan's show on All Socials.
Speaker 1: Okay, test us on Houston Life at one o'clock. Don't bother calling Shelley. He'll be working out two hours. I'm not working out for two hours.
Speaker 2: Today, guys. We're on a twenty hour break. Two more shows that go before the end of the year.
Speaker 17: AMS, Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 12: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the
Speaker 8: World famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.