Speaker 1: Now one of your pudding. I got a string going on here, something just because my dog. Something killed your dog, my dog. We're flying through the air over the tree. I don't know how it did it, Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and he was dead. And once you hit the ground like, I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat what are you putting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was or was it was? Standing enough. I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside. Jesus Quice, you better hello, get somebody out here. Quote on aunt. I've thought of a bit of about Secon four nine. I don't know easy announter, Yeah right, all right?
Speaker 2: How many amazing speakers can we have in a row? I'm nervous to go later. I don't think I can hang with this cruise. I love it. Yeah, there are many reasons why we count of these right. The main is how close can we get to the truth. And for those of you that are on the fence about Bigfoot, come up and talk to me after and be like, listen, I was not sure, but now I'm highly intrigued. And what is one of the most wonderful things we can carry through our life and never lose, and that is curiosity? Right, Curiosity leads us into the most wonderful places. And Bigfoot is this beach dive that I think we all deserve nature's greatest secret unless we talk about the oceans and what happen.
Speaker 3: Anyway, there's more to coon. So in this section that we had now it.
Speaker 2: Was supposed to be all about that the FRO is everyone feamiliar with the VFRROW Okay, so good we know about it.
Speaker 3: Mary Anne runs. I think it's three states that she actually covers.
Speaker 2: So if any of you are actually interested in the VFROROW and what they do and how they professionally approach the subject, okay, Like for a lot of us to go camping, we have fun, we're hoping for an experience, But there are some people that are taking it as professional as possible, like Shane, like Mary Anne, and so when they go out, if you were to go out with someone like that, it would be like you were going out with an investigative journalist.
Speaker 3: Field reporter. They document everything.
Speaker 2: Last night at the VIP event, people were asking what's the best taffer, the best thing you could take.
Speaker 3: Into the field, And all the answers are wonderful. There is no wrong there.
Speaker 2: But arguably, if you're gonna bring anything, bring a journal and document everything, all the details. Because if there's anything in David and all the ex police officers that are in here that are rocking the big field now would tell you is over time, I don't care how sharp you.
Speaker 4: Are, you begin to lose some detail, you begin to add some things.
Speaker 3: You know how it is.
Speaker 4: You remember back in school, you're telling somebody one thing, and by the time it came around, you were married to Bigfoot and you're like, what I said, I want fishing.
Speaker 3: So you got to keep that in mind when you're doing.
Speaker 2: Your research and the greatest way to protect yourself. But also I think everyone should keep a journal. How hard is it to look back what you did just four months ago, never mind four years ago, never mind fourteen years ago, And.
Speaker 3: Isn't it really nice?
Speaker 2: That's one of the nice things I like about social media, where I can go back through and.
Speaker 3: See all the relationships that I fail that but.
Speaker 2: I can go back in the second you see the picture or you read the little thing, it's a war and you're right back there. And some of those places are beautiful, and we want to go back there. So YouTube, gentlemen. Not to point you out, but you came here with.
Speaker 3: The greatest question ever. I want to get into it.
Speaker 2: I want to invest the state Marianne's sitting in the beautiful gray hair wearing the leopard skin coat.
Speaker 3: Chie is your best entrance into this.
Speaker 2: I would argue, just start going out, just start falling in love with the woods, which you guys probably already are. But you're gonna start right away professional, which I think is wonderful.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: You're gonna bypass all the little mistakes the rest of us make along the way trying to figure it out.
Speaker 3: It's I going to tell you how many times. Here's a little sill good advice.
Speaker 5: But when you go bayfooting, before you even shut the car off, before you even pull in to wherever the area is the habitat, you turn your damn cameras on, you turn your damn recorders on, you shut the music off, and you are in the zone.
Speaker 2: Because I promise you you're gonna pull in you're gonna hear knock doot dock silence for the rest of the night, and you are gonna kick your own butt for not being more prepared. I've made that mistake more.
Speaker 3: Times, and I'll admit it because I'm a foolish guy. It's all good, and you will learn how to do it perfect.
Speaker 2: Right out of the gates, and you'll be better at it right away than the rest of us us a long time plus.
Speaker 3: In this field, just like any discipline, there are a lot of journeys.
Speaker 1: They just are.
Speaker 3: It's just the way that and I don't judge anyone. We're all going through different things.
Speaker 2: We're at different points of our life, and I think the amazing thing about being a human being is at some point in your life you're gonna be the hero, at some point you're gonna be the villain, at some point you're gonna be the sad one, and at some point you gonna be the happiest person in the room.
Speaker 3: But if you can go and start with people.
Speaker 2: That aren't gonna break your heart, that aren't going to betray you're not gonna stab you in the back of the seri stuff that wants you to have an experience, even.
Speaker 3: If that means they don't. That's the place in my hard parts that we should all be starting, and Miriam will provide that for you. Now.
Speaker 6: I am not a member of the.
Speaker 3: BFRRO, but I know a lot about the BFR ROW.
Speaker 2: And I had the honor of working on finding Bigfoot forever.
Speaker 3: So whose voice is this?
Speaker 4: Well, I see all you big footers are here today the worship at the throne of Matthew Moneymaker.
Speaker 3: Now the fun of matt Moneymaker.
Speaker 2: As much as I can brag about him, okay, I'll give you a little detail about him that most people don't know.
Speaker 3: So there's lots of different levels of courage when you go into the woods. I spent a lot of time in the woods, and I think one of the main things keeping us from having interactions with forest people is fear.
Speaker 2: I don't think any of us really know just how scared we are to be in the woods, especially alone, even holding a guy, because there are things that can still take you down, big cats, scared of crap on it.
Speaker 3: I don't know of anything else in the woods.
Speaker 2: I'm not very big coup even humans which are scarce, but a large cat and you guys probably heard that story. X Army ranger living remotely, big cats coming in killing his chickens.
Speaker 3: Is I'm the apex predator here.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take care of this problem in the snow, goes out, tracks it, tracking it for hours.
Speaker 3: At some point looks behind him and realizes this thing has been.
Speaker 2: Within fifteen feet behind him and stocking him the whole time.
Speaker 3: They call it a specieism.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't be a secious specious is approaching bigfoot or anything.
Speaker 3: As you're the smartest, you're the best thing in the room. It's just not true here on some level, it's not true. That cat stopped one of our greatest warriors. And I know what he did. He went back and he just re armed that chicken coop to the highest degree and said, I'm not bessing with that animal anyway.
Speaker 2: So to be off our ound, Matt Moneymaker, he is one of the bravest people I've ever seen bigfooting.
Speaker 3: Okay, just to tell you a funny little story. We're in Lafayette County, Okay, in Pennsylvania. It's a lot of masks going on there.
Speaker 2: It's very drug, very dangerous area, and we pull We're in a caravan we drive we're secret ages, and we pull into this driveway and it's a long looping driveway that goes around like this.
Speaker 3: I'm driving, Matt.
Speaker 2: Moneymakers sitting there and we have the producer and somebody else in the back.
Speaker 3: And the second week pull in this.
Speaker 2: Woman wearing just a shirt, holding in one hand a chain dog that had to have been one hundred and fifty pounds some more while I just walking and like it could have broke her arm, but and just dragged and in her other hand.
Speaker 3: You ever see the Batman movie.
Speaker 2: Where the Joker takes out the longest magnum you've ever seen, and.
Speaker 3: She's come out of the sky. She's got that dear. I don't know how she's holding. I do.
Speaker 4: She's an drives and she's coming down the driveway and like trying to lift this thing up, get.
Speaker 3: Dog off myty.
Speaker 4: It was literally like a zombie coming out there. And so I'm driving, So I'm in charge of the talent and everyone, and.
Speaker 3: I'm a big footer.
Speaker 2: I don't want to die big footing, right, It's not worth it that much to me.
Speaker 3: So I'm sitting there and of course I'm like, we gotta go. The second I go to go, I ain't this the truth.
Speaker 4: Suddenly there's traffic and there's this car, after the car, and now the.
Speaker 3: Producer in the back. He hit puberty all of a sudden, he's going, we gotta go, we gotta do. I want to proof, and I'm like, I'm trying. I'm fring.
Speaker 2: So the three of us are freaking out. It's palpable, it's scary, and she's get closer.
Speaker 3: And Moneymaker. I look at him, calm and as cool as a.
Speaker 2: Cucumber, not even sweating, more focused on how beautiful his hair is.
Speaker 3: And he did have beautiful hair and the reason he grew his hair out long.
Speaker 2: Guess why because James Bobo Fey had long hair and he was more popular than kid.
Speaker 3: She was trying all the things. See, maybe it's the hair, maybe it's the beautiful mare. So he and I don't know why, but I was liken't put the window down like that was gonna help the bullet not pull my head off. And he looks at me. He goes, madam, do you know who I am? Literally the scariest situation has been a big one. I'm not Moneymaker. Do you watch? She probably doesn't know the TV look at the state of her like saying that, and we're have you seen finding face? And you see this woman just drug craze coming. She just stops. Why you he.
Speaker 7: And she goes, oh, never mind, dad, this clears.
Speaker 2: I pull out and I get pushed into the other end of the driveway and you can just hear it coming dark.
Speaker 3: Dart gut I had to jump in front of a car, almost get into an accident because he was about to get out of.
Speaker 2: The car to explain to her why she should be cool with him being in the drive This is no lie, This is no I've seen him when we're out there and there's activity in front of us, and the only thing we've gotten on our fleers is a large path moving around or just in the area.
Speaker 3: Not socking, but definitely curious.
Speaker 2: Why I write t habitat activity in the bushes, full sprint to the bushes at it.
Speaker 3: And remember he's telling it's like going you gotta keep an eye. He said, wow, man into.
Speaker 2: The bushes and we're all looking at it because nobody was going in those bushes. But that was not moneymaker, right. He had a fearlessness. Now it goes with anything. Why is someone being a jerk? Why is someone a good person? Why is anything? You got to understand their paths. And here's an interesting thing about Matt that most people don't know. When he was younger, he got into the most horrible moket accident you could where he got hit and from the left lea down his shin split open, mangled like.
Speaker 3: Something that if you saw happened to yourself or anyway, he'd he'd just pass out. He dealt with that.
Speaker 2: So he has experienced pain, discomfort, and horror at a level where he's not afraid.
Speaker 3: He's not afraid. I'll give you num one cut to the Amazon. We're in the Amazon jungle. Okay, we're in the Rio Negro where.
Speaker 2: The Amazon splits in the water becomes this dark, muddy murky You wouldn't even dare go in this water.
Speaker 3: Okay, just at dust wish. I'm not an idiot. You're not an idiot. Matt's not an idiot. That's the time when thing's hut, dusk.
Speaker 4: And dumb one right, So it do the rion Negro, his dark thing with anacondas large reptile, all sorts of things.
Speaker 3: I get a knock on my doork. This is beast, Like, what's going on? Dude? The one man get to sleep in? You have to come out. You have to come out next see not good? Next seat.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh what mister, the heavy round round And I'm like, oh, moneymaker. And I'm like with the hair and with the hair, and I come out and i'd so I'm following him and half the ways and I.
Speaker 3: Get to the edge of the boat. We rented this cool yacht.
Speaker 5: Dude, I honestly I hope for all of you that you go on the best stick putting adventures.
Speaker 2: Seriously, save your money, find your tribe, find people, pull it together, and do cool stuff like this.
Speaker 3: And so as long as you survive.
Speaker 4: So I come up to the boat, I come up to the battle of the boat and I'm staring there and once again I'm just dumb crowded by the bravery and the stupidity of this man.
Speaker 3: In this water.
Speaker 2: He is swimming and literally like he swims funny, he's just waving.
Speaker 3: He's gonna full. What suit this suit brought? What was it?
Speaker 2: It was like nine or ten toes on our adventure. All of us have one suitcase, one carry on nine toes. Come to find out he never wore the same offit twice. He was just sending them all back for his wife to clean him and send it back to us. But that's a different story. So he's there and he's.
Speaker 7: Just swimming around and I look at him like, man, you can't damn little water.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get eaten, and he goes, nothing can get me. They don't want anything to do with me. Are humans on the food chain? I'm like, no, what they're gonna be? And he's the boss of you and I'm like, technically, I guess you are. But so we wouldn't get on the water.
Speaker 8: He was having a beautiful tarn being a merman, just in these dangerous waters, slowing around with his slippers, kicked it and tossing his hair. And the only way we could get him out is we had to get the drone guy wake him up.
Speaker 3: And we were buzzing him with the drone and we literally and he's h nah. So he finally he does swim to the boat.
Speaker 4: He swims to the far shore, gets out, pegs us off, and then goes over the other side. So we're like, what's he doing there? Are these not called crocodiles anything the Amazon. Yes, so there's these Caymans lined up, So you have Caymans and then like thirty forty feet down you have.
Speaker 3: A moneymaker, some baby. And I will never get that out of my head.
Speaker 4: Just slip your Unzich, the golden bronze body, the hair, just landing there on the beach, the best time in the Amazon. These stories with Matt. If you were all a little bit older, I would tell you they're really crazy one.
Speaker 3: But I just go back to the point that some.
Speaker 2: People are fearless and maybe in bigfooting you need that, you need a little.
Speaker 3: Bit of that.
Speaker 2: Well, what you also need are people that love it as much as you and that are as passionate as you.
Speaker 3: And that is what Marianne is.
Speaker 2: And there are people within the BFRO that are extraordinary researchers. And I hope you guys been like uh, I hope you guys find the people.
Speaker 3: That are the best people to mentor and to ease to the next level.
Speaker 2: And don't ever think that you aren't all as important to the research as worthy and that your theories don't matter or don't count, because anyone worth their weight in gold and bigfooting will tell you there are no experts. We are all just giving it our best shot, and eventually somebody's gonna figure it out.
Speaker 3: So any of these series.
Speaker 2: You hear today, any of these amazing things that people tell you, run with its, run with it. And then all I would ask is, if it's something I say and it says O shay or anything, reach out.
Speaker 3: If you take it that one step further and.
Speaker 9: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see, we'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: And culture really in a way pits us against each other and makes it seem like we're all going to do it on our own and everyone's out to get you, and everyone's ane's gonna steal it, give.
Speaker 3: It that shit to the curve.
Speaker 2: If we team up, if we actually had healthy Bigfoot community, I think we're one year away from solving the mystery.
Speaker 3: And then the real problem becomes, because this is a question you probably all struggled with yourself. What do you do if you find out what the truth of this is?
Speaker 2: What do you do with that with Because as were I standing right now as a researcher in a man that might be it for me.
Speaker 3: I will tell my close friends who I know would love that and would protect it with me. But for the most of it, I wouldn't say shit. And that's a neat thing. Ask yourself, what do you do? Because yeah, you've got the next Patterson's going to come. If you came upon a nesting.
Speaker 2: Site or saw a family and were able to document it for some reason, they didn't beat the crap out of you, what would.
Speaker 3: You do with it? Anyway? I leave that with you. I guess I have fifteen more minutes.
Speaker 4: If there's any questions that I can answer about the bfr bfro O, if you have them, I will.
Speaker 2: If you have just any questions about anything, I would gladly answer them.
Speaker 3: Yes, ma'am, Oh you want to both stuck.
Speaker 2: Okay, one of my first days on the job working with Bobo.
Speaker 3: First of all, here's Bobo walking into a restaurant.
Speaker 2: Okay, when you walk into a restaurant, there are people who have finished eating and their.
Speaker 3: Plates are on the table. And this is the old.
Speaker 2: James Bobo Fay walks chicken fingers well hammer and even if they're still sitting there but they're done and they're writing their check, they just look up at them and were like, you're not eating it, and.
Speaker 3: Then you just came from it, and he's one.
Speaker 2: That's the way that you get the maxim amount of calories you need without having to pay too much. And if you don't have any money, RPG, which I know you don't because you're a four PA, then that's the way you eat. And that was some of the wisdom that James Kay gave me. But I remember one of the first days that I worked with him. Everybody remember Monkey, his dog, which should have been in the series the entire time. But we can talk crap about corporate America and their ideas and what a good show is some other time. But but yeah, monkeys, so we saw all right RPG used to do. Now, Monkey, if you remember, had one bad leg. They had been on some adventures to go. Let's just say Monkey used to go surfing in big wave surf with him and they had a few crashes. We almost side, but one leg was like a chicken lesh, so it didn't work. So the business a tripod dog and I used to let the scratch the little hank until she got off and she turned me.
Speaker 3: I'll be like what what? So he goes she got a bad leg RPG. She's getting older. Do not throw the ball too much. Throw it for half hour and that's it.
Speaker 2: And at the end of the parking lot that is a ledge that goes down and drops down like a hundred feet.
Speaker 3: If that ball goes over that and she dies, you got And I said to him, I grew up in the country. I know dogs. I can hand. They'll throwing a ball for a dog go to work, all right. So he lumbers off. It's big shade down, bigfoot that he is.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, all right, you want to kick the ball, and she was I also hope everyone in here owns a dog at some.
Speaker 3: Point, and that dog stares in their eyes and they understand you, and you know that they love you.
Speaker 2: Any research has actually been found that inside the dog's brain there's a section of it that lights up when it sees you. It actually experiences pure joy, sure bless. It loves you like you love your babies, which is really interesting.
Speaker 3: So I'm staying there and I'm like, all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: So first row, I just it was one of those rubber balls that bounds, so I just leave it a little. And now I'm in front of the hotel and there is nobody around they and the ball just did do and the dog was incredibly fast.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, okay, cool.
Speaker 2: I'm like, so I throw it a little bit harder, and wouldn't you know that thing goes boing boying, and my eyes started getting wider, boyt and it goes right over the ledge and this is you could go down it, but you do, like my bariness, right, You've gotta give me that hundred.
Speaker 3: And the dog doesn't stop, look and go down.
Speaker 7: Monkey launches like she's been juggling whisky and she was like, get that ball.
Speaker 2: She launches over the edge, and I just watched my life flash before my eye. I know I'm not only gonna be dead, but I had one of to lose, the greatest job I have ever had, getting need to travel and look for Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: I wish that for all of you. It is amazing. And so I'm sitting there, my heart's just and.
Speaker 2: Then before I can even figure out what to do, take a step, she's falling back up.
Speaker 3: And I look around and look in every window, every car, everywhere. Nobody saw. Nobody saw it. So we only even played for a little bit. Warmer whatever, don't even think anything of it.
Speaker 2: Next day on my door RPG and I'm like, what he's you ran her too hard.
Speaker 3: She can't even get out of bed.
Speaker 7: She's sitting there. She's gonna to a cute chicken a leg. You're never throwing the ball for her again. And I remember just going, oh, I didn't know that was too much. I'm sorry he should be And then he walked up. Because James Bobo fey, how do I explain it?
Speaker 2: You want the biggest guy in the room to be the defender of everyone else in the room, the bully killer.
Speaker 3: I watched that guy in Colorado.
Speaker 2: There was a gay couple outside of a club being accosted by these rednecks and not I'm a red nack.
Speaker 3: Not difference. Before we were just driving by and slowing.
Speaker 2: Down to the stoplight, and the door was opened, he was out, and he was throwing a punch and knocking one of them out before the lead producer before we.
Speaker 3: Could even react. So once again, God report COLI saidything, my executive producer gets out of the car. Now, James Bobo fake foot.
Speaker 6: He grew up.
Speaker 3: Rowing with some owens.
Speaker 2: He's like the only white dude if you have my theory on him, his dad was experimented on it in the military, like super Soldier program.
Speaker 3: Because his dad was like this tall and could fight bigfoot. That's and he's the only one I could do it. They called him Fireball.
Speaker 2: So imagine if a man with a super soldier serum as a baby because he was this pig.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you it's his fake. And James Bobo Fay was a halthy max so he was at his head es. He was three m PR, so big boy.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so he's beating the crap out of two to three dudes and the producer comes out and he goes up the fourth guy.
Speaker 3: You can't fight. So if I'm flat with the stag's face and I'm in the car trying to part, trying to.
Speaker 10: Enjoin him defending those dudescause right on and try not to laugh at my boss and cannot fight this even listen. If they would have allowed us to record what we were doing behind the scenes and all these other things, it would have been the greatest reality TV series of all time.
Speaker 2: Say that, Yeah, oh, we went to all and we said we would we should do this, we should be filming it but I will just leave it at this. There was a golden age of Hollywood where you basically have a lot of people that are fully functional addicts in some way.
Speaker 3: And I say that with the greatest respect. A lot of us have survived times of drinking. I'll just say that myself.
Speaker 2: A lot of people, and people usually don't speak well at this, but I'm gonna speak well for a second. But some of us are able to have an addiction and give it up hundred percent at the same time, and that is without giving an But that's basically what we were doing, all of us, and we still fill on that show. We still made it the most successful thing ever. We still all survived. But yeah, we were wild. We were as wild as a big book. We saw all right, ladies and.
Speaker 3: Gentlemen, we'll come back from left. I hope it was awesome.
Speaker 11: I didn't want to get back up and start us up again because everyone was having such a good time talking and lying. I love seeing everybody be in good community with each other, sharing stories, buying some good merch, interacting beautiful smiles like yours. So hopefully everyone got something and if not, for those of you that are fasting, I'll just.
Speaker 3: Tell you owe something about that. People ask how should I go into woods? How should I find Bigfoot? And there are a few hats life hats you can.
Speaker 2: Do where you can make yourself more present, even if you're not quite ready to or not.
Speaker 3: And one of those is the fact you do.
Speaker 2: A twenty four six forty eight hour fast and you go in the woods, and.
Speaker 4: I promise you you are going to be more observant than you have ever been in.
Speaker 12: Your life once you get beyond the hunger, which by the way, is addiction. But that's another talk we can have privately and feel those hunger paints. Last is a sinay like.
Speaker 2: But if you go out you fast, you will help put you into naturally into a meditative state. Then if you were to take your shoes off and to actually walk around, then you start rounding and connecting to the earth.
Speaker 3: And all I can tell you is try it.
Speaker 2: Get beyond your smile, get beyond your office is ridiculous, and see what happens.
Speaker 3: It's going to be amazing for you. So that to get anyway without further ado, I have a new friend.
Speaker 2: There is a new awesome intelligence driven extra police officer, which once again who less current.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, See, these are the people that I respect. You ask like, how hard is it to get into this?
Speaker 6: How hard?
Speaker 2: And we were just talking a second because there are gonna be some people that are gonna try and bump you out of this, and we need David in this space for those of you that I'm sure we lost so many good people this year.
Speaker 3: Mel's room makes you emotional, so we won't even go there.
Speaker 5: But even Jane goodall like these are powerful things, and just talking with David and it's I know you're a strong, powerful man.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I know you doubt that. You're like, why why am I doing this? People aren't going to invite me in, They're not gonna be warm. But we need you. I'm just telling you we need you in this space. We need you so hopefully you hear that.
Speaker 10: Don't make me get down on my knees in beg But yeah, ladies and gentlemen, we met on the stage.
Speaker 2: And we had one of my most favorite and pathful moments ever where I got to.
Speaker 3: Learn from him.
Speaker 2: And I hope at some point in your life where you're already there, you're open to mentorship because everyone, even the people sitting next to you could probably teach you a thing or two about this beautiful thing called life.
Speaker 3: And David taught me something and I'm gonna be forever grateful. So without further ado, Zigan David I got. That's the first part. My god his last name right now. Literally I'm scared to say it because I don't want to mess it up. Lazy David is the game that is often time again, thank you, Okay, So that was an awesome intro. I feel that I deserved that.
Speaker 6: However, for those of you who have no food.
Speaker 3: Who I am?
Speaker 6: I am currently assigned for crimecy units in the North Petrol planet area. I am certified crimesy Investigator, certified like ing of Friends examiner.
Speaker 3: I've been to the National Forensic.
Speaker 6: Academy, and I didn't have to help to the National Forensic test so many years ago. I started specializing in not just the dermal ridges of fingerprints that I was desigating, but how they actually what happens during that distortion of in the ground, all the cars.
Speaker 3: What's happening.
Speaker 6: I've been past just sharing how to hype ay things, and that's honestly, when we're going we're having to put those fingerprints into context.
Speaker 3: And not just I found anything of friends and now I.
Speaker 6: D so what happened was is I started surfing coming back off how I got into this.
Speaker 3: I'm a ext turkey hunter. I still go out and stop them and.
Speaker 6: Find them for some of my friends, all right, I basically dropped the pin and say here they are.
Speaker 3: I enjoy the search.
Speaker 6: Walking through the words, I had two rather unique things that happened to me. And once you find where they're roosting, you could throw that long walk off. Walking through the woods at ninety years and in the beginning it was just three hundred eighty three acres.
Speaker 3: I knew the.
Speaker 6: Woods very well, very comfortable with all the sounds, knew all the animals I only carry.
Speaker 3: I looked back one I thank god, we're so souping. But I had a little red flashlight.
Speaker 6: That I would turn on and just leave on my pack, and I'd follow my little trail.
Speaker 3: Back and just enjoy the nights.
Speaker 6: I was walking on a rich a.
Speaker 3: Little bit ways down a ridge on a game trail.
Speaker 6: I heard what kind of like set happened to my right, and I thought immediately it was my friends messing with me. A bunch of other police officers out there in the field and like the typical stupid thing that you turned around and you say, that's a good way to get shot guys, and that kind of thing. There was no answer, so I thought maybe it was a thing to.
Speaker 3: Be Bob was messing with our STU cards, some of our cameras.
Speaker 6: We kept having cares that were out and a lot of activity for deer and turkey.
Speaker 3: We kept having no pictures coming up on their trail papers.
Speaker 6: And it made no sense, so we assumed that there was somebody messing with our someone out there poaching, and we caught someone coaching before, and we thought maybe they were deleting the pictures stuff like that. About that time I looked down into the valley and it wasn't a large valley. Was that time when you set up the deer standing to seek the bottle, so it's not more like a hob And at that time I saw my very first red lights moving very slowly down in the bottom of this little valley, and for a brief home it had me. I was distracted, and then I panicked because I realized that I had forgotten about the steps that were happening. Sat over so my right Telly what do you do with that? So my first instinct was, all right, I'm going to do what.
Speaker 3: A turkey car does. I'll back up into a shadow, up against a tree, and I'm just gonna sit this some like.
Speaker 6: I looked back down the red lights. Gard had heard me think at twenty minutes. I sat against that tree for twenty minutes and I started to walk in. There's those steps again, and it's it's a typical story where you hear something distracted. It was clearly two feet. Can I say it has anything to do with place with No, I can not in my role. I just know there was two feet following all of that camp. It is a mile and a half and it was a weird red light that happened to go with I don't know what that means. My friends didn't believe me.
Speaker 3: One did.
Speaker 6: This is where the big Foot. They started sitting around the camp in a Darsville, Georgia watching finding Bigfoot on our table, drinking beer around the fire. The good news is they were police.
Speaker 3: Piles that I've been through things with. I knew they were.
Speaker 6: Making fun, but I could tell us something. Agree They were believing me a little bit.
Speaker 9: And stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 6: The very next time, it was about a year later, my brother brought his son to go camping at the exact same place.
Speaker 3: We decided we would set up a big char tent for him to make you feel comfortable.
Speaker 6: His son was only ten years old. He literally he said, Uncle David was that? And I turned and looked, and there's that same dang red light floating through the trees.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what to do with those sides of things.
Speaker 6: And the one other experience is a same guy sitting around the fire, same place.
Speaker 3: I had a friend of mine leaning forward to say, hey, fucking points behind us.
Speaker 6: And I had tripped my head, like I don't know, I don't hear anything, and he said yes, and then he did that thing that everybody doesn't want to happen.
Speaker 3: He said one, two, and he said threep and turned around and started running. I was like thanks, So I turned.
Speaker 6: Around and started running with him, and legit, you could hear the two sets running through the leaves. We were right behind it, shot.
Speaker 3: In our flashlights and it felt like we were back out on the street again, chasing someone.
Speaker 6: And I knew what he meant when he said, yeah, what the hell again, what they are? And I knew what he meant because our life should be shining on right where we were seeing these sets like we could. It should be right in front of us, but we couldn't see it.
Speaker 3: And then out of nowhere, the sets stopped and it sounded like a.
Speaker 6: Car door shut in the middle of the woods. But he just stopped, and he said, what the He goes, check your phone, check your phone. I was like, check my phone for what? And he says the road. I said, there's no roads here. You've been hunting here forever. There's no road here.
Speaker 3: He said, no, check it. There's gonna be one close thine, maybe it's down the hill. So I check it. I'm like, look, there's nothing here.
Speaker 6: So those are three experiences that I can't say have anything to do with Thickfoot, But what they did do is say open the door to the possibility.
Speaker 3: For someone like me to say the line to say that bigbook doesn't make this if I've had these experiences myself. So then what I decided to do was, Hey, I've been doing.
Speaker 6: This study and studying how the distortion happened to people step into things or touch things. Just set on a wheel and let me look up some thickfoot stuff. Let me see if I could find some dermal regions on thickfoot. It turns out that is really hard to find. So I'm scrolling through the Internet and I'm looking at all these different pictures, and what I see is a bunch of pictures that looked like they could be something, but they weren't taken a while enough for someone want me to take notes zoom in. It would be bored and be taken at an angle from the side.
Speaker 3: Nothing for someone in my.
Speaker 6: Area of expertise that would make me stoppage. And then it dawned on me that as I'm scrolling and skipping through these pictures, what if I actually have scroll paths, an actual.
Speaker 3: Big put in the pressure and it just wants a document the proper.
Speaker 6: So I don't get to get out of the field as much as everybody else so much as the shaming over here has spend a lot.
Speaker 3: Of time out there. So I'm still technically behind that desk a lot.
Speaker 6: It's doing a lot of analysis going out and actually doing prime scenes.
Speaker 3: We're homicide and sexual assault last week. I don't get to do it.
Speaker 6: But what I'm hoping is that if I can impart some type of knowledge on how to maybe collect this evidence a little better, so maybe some people in my field may actually look at it and stop and take notice. Maybe some things can start to change, because shame said things need to change. We've been doing the same thing over.
Speaker 3: And over for sixty something years now and nothing is really changing.
Speaker 6: Luckily, we have people that are now already going to say, hey, this is an arguing we need to start produce something slightly different.
Speaker 3: At least try it.
Speaker 6: I like the open mindedness up the infrasound. That's a novel approach. Maybe we need to set up some experiments and get out in the field to pend some equipment out and start measuring these things see if it actually exists. If not, maybe we can exclude it and move on. So one of the things that we do that I am lucky to be a part of is to silence those other things. I'm also a part of a cold case task force and a conviction Integrity unit for Fulton County down in Atlanta. We get to look at old cases figure out if there was a problem pentically or law wise and say, hey, are there any issues here. One of the first things that you'll find that you do having the new knowledge is the new ways of doing things. Is you want to immediately critique or be a critic of.
Speaker 3: The way things were done.
Speaker 6: But you have to remember there is this different mindset at the time, different ways of thinking, different tools, different technologies, just done different So it's easy to say, hey, they should have done this, should have done that, but something they did do well.
Speaker 3: So I'm not saying that we need to immediately just leave and start doing.
Speaker 6: It a whole new way, but we just need to keep that in mind as we move forward, because things do need to change.
Speaker 3: So what might be some of.
Speaker 6: The things that we need to revisit and watched forgotten tasts? We have famous tasts that we are looking to as exemplopers, and an exemplar is something that we say is this is the Bigfoot pass. This is what represents the Bigfoot repression. So we're going to measure all the other rooms that we find later against this particular one. I'm here to tell you that I've been lucky enough to get my hands on some of those famous tasts of Barrickman syns them to me. I do analysis almost in the back, and I have found some major issues with something. The context is important though, when remember I'm talking about different time periods. I'm not saying you were intentional by trying to host. You don't know what the intent is. You can only say, hey, I bound the posits because you either have someone who used such the impression before it was task or at the time using claster not dental sow.
Speaker 3: It sets picture class.
Speaker 6: At the time, setting longer, pulling it up too soon, and mishandling it inadvertently putting fingerprints or marks on it. So that's something else to keep in mind and not immediately go to this person with the hopes of just different time periods, different ways of collecting.
Speaker 3: Evidence early field refors file up a long time.
Speaker 6: Ago, not really looking at it. We've got some people are using it for content for YouTubers, different channels, things like that, but too hard to separate. Having shame alluded to it a little bit, it's getting it hard to separate between entertainment.
Speaker 3: And some of the true research that's going on, and sometimes that muddies that water.
Speaker 6: They might actually be showing you a real, actual reports that we need to be paying attention too, but it's on a particular show that may not always be telling real research, so we gets harm. It's all the difference. So I think, what needs to happen, Just like in.
Speaker 3: The cold cases, we need to go back.
Speaker 6: And start re looking at some of the older evidence along with changing the way that we're doing things to happen. So this is an example of looking back at some of the older casts. I thought it was hilarious because remember I only been doing this for a year.
Speaker 3: And a half.
Speaker 6: So I'm looking at this and going, I don't understand why everybody is debating around this particular cast. And if you don't know what the debate is, there's a rock. Somehow the flesh just wrap itself around the rock, and that's what everybody seems to be centering. Now I've looked at the pictures and I have, so what we're not seeing is that rock is actually fairly leveled with the grounds.
Speaker 3: So my big contention is one of the first things.
Speaker 6: We do is we get a cast, we look at the pictures and we try to do a reconstruction. Is the cast actually come from this impression? There's your side by side. If you'll notice what's happening here is we're actually missing the top portion of that poe. Now in Krantz's paper, he will writes a squi little blurder that just says missing. Tough.
Speaker 3: That's it. No one addresses it, no one goes any further.
Speaker 6: And it's crazy because everyone's focusing on the bottom and not the missing. So that goes into it. You know, at the time, we need to be very careful about what we're looking at. We have a piece of evidence in front of us. Are we going to be passing it properly? How do you missus pose?
Speaker 3: And you're passing something that we may be change the world.
Speaker 6: That's a big deal with The other issue that I have that's not mentioned anywhere that I can find.
Speaker 3: Is in the missing tup.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you can see it, but right underneath that yellow circle there is another intention. This particular cast is actually a double step. You can see what looks like a giant large toe on the cast on the right, but on the left you can actually if you're paying attention, you can see where there's two large bows on us. At the time in the early eighties when this was happening. Everybody was looking for the next big thing. We need to publish something, we need a pictures.
Speaker 3: Here Russian the judgment.
Speaker 6: We were publishing things really fast, trying to get I'm the next big guy. And they were sipping sets within the first community, and that happened a lot within the anthropological side. And this particular trackway, there's another one the full left. This opposedly has dermal ridges in it, and it's called displayed if that's what they call it, but it's not.
Speaker 3: It's actually a bear. And I'm going to go to the far side really fast. I know people.
Speaker 6: The first thing people say is bears don't have thermaltages, So I know this can't fee a fair.
Speaker 3: So when I first started doing all of this.
Speaker 6: I needed to know how to differentiate what is a bear what is not a bear.
Speaker 3: So for the last nine months I've been working with some major zooms sanctuaries.
Speaker 6: I've been able to go with part Take and they put the bears ever for medical surgery.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that.
Speaker 6: I get to go and photograph and doctum every bear falls.
Speaker 3: So it turns out that during.
Speaker 6: Certain cycles of the bears called pad life, that some of their dermal pathway actually form in rows that can mimic sometimes human dermal origins. Am I in any way saying that people could accidentally mistake a bear trap for a human trap.
Speaker 3: Note, but on some of those really.
Speaker 6: Bad tracks that you can't really see anything and they happen to have dermals in them.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it's something to keep in mind. But a while that there were some people that were taking a few liberties.
Speaker 6: Oh with that information, I'm not really share Chrotocols aren't born from success, They're born from the stakes.
Speaker 3: So I get to get up here and say that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have all these expertise and talk like I know what I'm talking about, and I'm here to tell you I've made some big ones.
Speaker 3: I have tripped over dead people.
Speaker 6: I've dropped a camera filter into a pull of Like ironically, I put this up thinking that was from three years ago, and I did it last week. I didn't follow one of my own procedures because I got the places. Usually when I take out my camera my truck, I take the build through off the new stap off, poss it on the front seat so I could find it. This I literally dropped it in the pull of blood right next to the bio. So we all make mistakes, and the key behind telling you this, or the reason behind is you have to own your mistakes. You don't get to try to fix them, cover it up, try to hide it. So for me, unfortunately, I went ahead and photographed the entire scene with.
Speaker 3: That camera lens cover sitting right there in the book. Did not remember.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be embarrassing at especially in my credentials. I get to testify the extport witnesses Ulton County all the time, and now I'm gonna have to go before it and say, yeah, I did that.
Speaker 3: But if you thought I was going.
Speaker 6: To remove it and leave some kind of weird mark in that blood because it was startingming co jail and then try to come up with a reason of what that mark was, that's a surefire way to ruin my integrity, my credibility, and never be taken seriously again. So we all make mistakes, we all do stuff. But the point is we learn along the way, and that's the biggest thing. We don't get to just start off going all right, I have this checklist, I know what I'm doing, follow it down. Boom, I'm just it's nice.
Speaker 3: I still work from a checklist, but sometimes you get ahead.
Speaker 6: Of yourself, you get tunnel vision, you get excited. I've been doing this forever, and you make mistakes.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're all going to do it. You just have to own it, document it.
Speaker 6: It's just that easy. So this is what I was hitting at earlier about I'm mainly in the last and out of crime scenes. I'm working full time and doing this as a side hobby.
Speaker 3: But you guys are the ones going out there.
Speaker 6: So I have to ask you can truly believe it's an undiscovered crimate or interdimensional being or even something stranger, and you're standing in front of physical evidence, how seriously are you treating it?
Speaker 3: Think about it.
Speaker 6: We're talking about something undiscovered, not yet proven. Shame was alluding to it. It's a big deal of that. Think about what it means for the world scientifically. If you were able to actually show some real evidence, some real proof, it's a huge deal. So why detracts matter? The big new thing is e DNA going after DNA.
Speaker 3: Why detracts matter? Number one?
Speaker 6: It's the main foot it's the main piece of evidence that we're finding length and will we haven't really established a known length and WI. Sometimes we assume things are juvenile because of the length and whip. Sometimes we make a lot of assumptions. Right now, we don't really have the No One stamus. But if we're collecting the data regularly like we should be, then we can actually start to develop pattern and we can review look at those paths and I don't know.
Speaker 3: It seems simple, right, but it's not really happening. It's happening like.
Speaker 6: What RPG alluded to. A lot of us are holding on to our research. We're holding onto our information and we're not sharing it. And that's calibered upper and it goes against everything to do with science.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't be paying to download a paper. They do it within my own field. It's horrible.
Speaker 6: I publish a paper and then some other company bis it next thing. You know, if you want to read it, you're having to take it butts to subscribe to the company. It's ridiculous. But we have a choice here where we don't do that because we're not pure reviewing or even publishing papers. But we do have an opportunity to use the start that we have to share that information. But we have to be transparent about how we got it. You have to be transparent about how we measured it, how we photographed it.
Speaker 9: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these.
Speaker 6: Messages, so all those things that we can get. So going back to the photograph that I initially saw, Hey, this might actually be something, but I.
Speaker 3: Just moved on. One of the key things that.
Speaker 6: We do when photographing the sub crime scene is is we live by three cendents, overalls.
Speaker 3: Mid ranges, can closet up.
Speaker 6: How many people have seen this particular kind of photo and it just said I saw there's on the trailer.
Speaker 3: The other day. It literally gives you nothing. There is nothing there. It's close.
Speaker 6: So I made that image on the top and then within thirty seconds with the free program, paint erased my fight tracks, my shoe impression and made it just as a point we show you I can make those thirty seconds and post it all on. We have to start questioning.
Speaker 3: Things, and the things that I'm seeing in this community is it's almost like a forbidden thing to question, and that's not cool.
Speaker 6: You should be allowed to question something without being ostracized, called a non believer or yelled at or I believe there's possibility.
Speaker 3: There's I know there's something out in the woods. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 6: I haven't had the pleasure of having that experience, but I do know that you have to start questioning things and being more discerning, especially with the development of AI.
Speaker 3: The reseconds on a free program of how you can change images.
Speaker 6: So the first thing, and again Shane alluded to it. He deluded to a lot of things. He can basically teased me up. Really nice, we have tunneled it.
Speaker 3: We find a track, Oh my god, there's a track.
Speaker 6: What are some of those things that we need to do before we start passing, before we start ruining other evs. It's just like a crime scene.
Speaker 3: If I find a foot there, I think is they put almost.
Speaker 6: Treat it like there's a body in the woods, and I'm going to address it that way because I may.
Speaker 3: Find something really cool.
Speaker 6: And I get to say when someone questions me and asks me every question they possibly can, I get pretient like I'm in court and going no, I did it the right way and this this and this is why. So you have to secure the area. And one of the first things you do when you get television, and when you find that footprint, you start screaming, oh my god, everybody, I found.
Speaker 3: A footprint premiere and everybody comes running from all directions to.
Speaker 6: Come look at it and trample over all this other possible evidence that may be there, because what you haven't figured out yet is what direction the track layer came from when it made that impression of the ground. You don't know where it came from. It could have come in hurt, and now you have everybody trampling around all that evidence. The first thing we do is check the weather. What kind of time do we have? Is it getting a rain anytime soon? Or a strong winds coming? Do we need to start setting up something to block this wind that may be coming, or set up something to.
Speaker 3: Stop this rain.
Speaker 6: There's so many different questions you. That's the first thing we ask. And then what are my resources? And when I mean by resources, i'm talking about equipment. You'll have a passing material. Do I need to send somebody to go get more casting material while I start to document everything else? Because we're on the timeline, is there a better track if you only have limited resources, Say you only got that two pounds of ultrapow or perfect pass left, and you have to make a decision which your task if I gotta do and how do you determine that which one has the best details? We create a marked tas we'll actually widen out the area, take it all and we'll actually create a path with flags or tape or something, and that's how we come in and out until we decided otherwise if you have to sometimes slow down. It was just like Shane said, you got to slow down. And I have legit walked around the corner and been surprised by seeing at twenty two years in, I walk around a corner and every once in a while I go, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, like this is that thing is slowly back out. I'm like watching where I'm walking.
Speaker 6: I know I have to get out, pre plan, think about what's gonna happen next, but I'm always tatting it on where I'm stepping, and it didn't come naturally at first. Now I can tell you what finger touch something, what foot touched something, where it was. It's a hard thing to do, but it takes time. So this is starting to be on the right track. Okay, so this is how we begin our documentation on a single track, and even with a single fingerprints, we would literally write I put a marker here giving it an item number, and this is in case I find some other evidence later, then I can get that an item number, and that an item number.
Speaker 3: Because I'm actually going to write a report, I'm going I'm gonna refer.
Speaker 6: To these idel numbers as we go, so you can't really see it, but right here as a flag, this is where I'm going to start taking all my overall photographs putting this print into context. You need to be able to tell how many times have you seen a footprint online and you're asked.
Speaker 3: Where was it? It's just simple question everybody.
Speaker 6: Asks and you don't even have to go by their word instead of the pictures that show you where they found this. So what you do on these overall photographs, you take a series of three hundred and sixty degree photographs is overlap one another. So in the end you basically lay out all these photographs and you can see everything.
Speaker 3: Around up there is no doubt.
Speaker 6: Of where this particular location wants and something else. People like to censor their impression in the photograph is not necessary. As long as it's in the photograph, it's not necessary. Sometimes you can't. You're on a trail, small you're on the trail, you're on a small dirt road.
Speaker 3: You need to move around.
Speaker 6: And get this three hundred and sixty three overlapping photographs. So you're not gonna always be able to put it in the center. As long as it's in the photograph, it doesn't matter. So now see you're starting to get an idea of where I was, and it's very important. So now what's happening is I'm actually starting to move in to some of those emit range shots. So before when you have the overall shots, you were getting surrounding area. Now what you can see. If this was more detailed, it had a better monitor, you would starting to see like deer tracks, some coniority tracks. You're starting to see other things in the environment that may be a value later. It can be a painstaking process, it really can't, but it's necessary. So when someone starts asking you questions, it puts things into context. I'm gonna keep saying the word context.
Speaker 3: Over and over. You can see other animal tracks right there in the ground. Is answering a lot of questions. So where were they going?
Speaker 6: We'll do this a lot right before we move into the actual close up photographs of the ground.
Speaker 3: I'll get down and show you what direction where were they going.
Speaker 6: You can I chose this particular spot because deer we're running through right here, and you can see that in the brush right there was getting.
Speaker 3: Pulled apart right here, and.
Speaker 6: Where are they coming from. It's all helpful information and it might not be and it's one.
Speaker 3: Of the things that go back to the cold cases.
Speaker 6: We look at those cold cases and I think, I wish they would have got this.
Speaker 3: I wish they would have documented that.
Speaker 6: So we moved more into a we're going to document everything. We're gonna take everything that we can because we don't know what may be valuable later. We don't know what another expert that's in a different field may be looking at our stuff and say, hey, I see something you didn't have to see, something that was not of your specialty, and I understand something else that's happened here.
Speaker 3: So it's really important that we document everything.
Speaker 6: So now we move into the close up and then you can see there is a problem.
Speaker 3: It's evening time. The sun's capting the shadow and we have a problem.
Speaker 6: I have the scale and that the picture is now parallel to the ground. The camera's parallel filling up the frame. That's really important. So here's an example of problems with not taking the.
Speaker 3: Pictures parallel to the ground.
Speaker 6: You can see it's the exact same fingerprint, just taking at different angles. It's changing the appearance at that and the same thing happens when we're taking pictures of footprints in the ground. So why does it have to be parallel. Here's a little experiment. We use this software called image jet. It's three online software. Most of the science people are using it for like precise measuring. It can go out to like submillimeters.
Speaker 3: Right here, I have a picture that looks very close to being parallel.
Speaker 6: On the right at my scale data, I measured ten millimeters at the top and the yellow ten millimeters.
Speaker 3: It's avolve and.
Speaker 6: The rest, and then I measure the distance. Those two distances are the same according to that program, I'm getting two different measure at the top the red line as this five hundred and sevent eighty nine millimeters almost three eighty six. But I have a scale on the ground and I measured out ten millimeters on topim ten millimeters on the bottom. But because the camera angle is sewed, one looks longer than the other. That's why it has to be parallel. Because if I'm going to get in and start looking at thermo ridges measuring the width of zum to see if they look all human, look like something.
Speaker 3: Else, then I'm going to need to be able to measure it properly. So it has to be parallel.
Speaker 6: The only thing that's really good for having to scale there and taking it not in parallels to give you an idea of the lengthen it and approximation, but it's not going to be precise. Here's the example of Now it's parallel, so you see here it says seventeen point eight or one inches or familiar four or fifty three versus see it's actually somewhere in the minute, so it makes a difference. Tips for dealing with the sun. I have this cool umbrella that goes on your head. We use actual umbrellas with arms at work, with actually long handles, but they come in very handy for protecting the case it's raining wind while we're doing something else.
Speaker 3: I can cover that. One fits in my pack and it's only a bit no big long handle. I can pull it out.
Speaker 6: And just drop it right on top and protect it from wind, protect it from any rain that might be starting.
Speaker 3: To happen while I handle some other side.
Speaker 6: Very helpful. I also can create shade. I have provase taking pictures of that right now because there's a shadow being.
Speaker 3: Cast over top of it. But if I take this little.
Speaker 6: Handy device, there's just nothing more than a little mechanic slash light with a long led on it. Like, so I can create a shade and be able to take it now, So now you can start to see the inside.
Speaker 3: It makes a difference, it really does.
Speaker 6: So what you're seeing now is the one on the left is just a shadow with the picture, and then the one on the right, and start to bring out the details a little more with what we call holy flighting.
Speaker 3: It's lighting being shot from the side, and then we get closer.
Speaker 6: So nowadays, honestly, this is where everyone used to stop when we were taking pictures of footwear impressions.
Speaker 3: Now we actually do a little more in detail.
Speaker 6: We'll actually map out the inside of that footwear impression, and you take more close ups on the inside of that footwear repression, and then we're able to map it out, put it together and take high resolutions. So just so you know, I know everybody talks about not being able to afford a DS all our camera, We've done entire crime scenes with our home. The phones are more miraculous tools. They take awesome, great pictures, some of them are better, better than some of the older DSRs.
Speaker 3: And one thing I would caution you again, So there's two things.
Speaker 6: One is leaving it on that automatic optimization where it basically creates all this extra contrast for you and tries to make a picture a look better.
Speaker 3: It'll end up that picture.
Speaker 6: If you try to zoom in, it'll create contrasts, and when it creates that contrast, is adding information to that image to create that contrast, and sometimes it covers over some.
Speaker 3: Of those details.
Speaker 6: The other thing is don't pension zoom with your phone to zoom in and take pictures. All that's doing is it's a digital zoom. It's not actually zooming. It's just taking the original photo and make it a bigger So when I go to zoom in, I'm just going to see a bunch of pixelations. I'm not going to actually see the image. So you just have to bring the phone in closer to the ground. If you're going to be taking those kind of shots, those will be the two biggest issues that I see when people are using their.
Speaker 3: Calls, And if you're aware of that, you can avoid it.
Speaker 6: Your goal is we've done forget the best card around, right, so use the phone, and it ended up being beautiful. Just knowing those shortcomings with the phone and knowing how to work it, it actually is very valuable. Cool. So if you're going to start doing this again, it's three hundred to sixty degrees, moving all the way around with that lighting, because what's happening now is you're creating shadows, and those shadows can actually go over top of some of that information. So you could be creating but there's a rock in your impression and you hit it. You could cast a shadow over top of some dermal ridges.
Speaker 4: And you miss.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna have to move those life.
Speaker 6: All the way around and take another series of three hundred and sixty degrees. I realized this scens get really boring. But when we talk about bringing this information into an analysis and actually trying to do something this work and furthering this work scientifically, then you're gonna have people like me start looking for these pictures, and if I don't have them, I'm gonna move on. Then I'm gonna go try to find something else. It's tame stacking, and it hurts my heart when people know they have something and they bring it to me and they say what do you think? And my first thoughts is all the crowd.
Speaker 3: You may have something, but it's not good.
Speaker 6: I don't want to say that to anybody, because some of this can get emotional. People have emotional experiences, unfortunately.
Speaker 3: And I don't want people to take this the wrong way.
Speaker 6: But I don't get to have emotions in this investigation. Stock It is what it is. I hope people hate that. I hate period it, but when I'm looking at evidence, it either is good enough or it's not. There's nothing I can do about it but bore you with how to try to get it right. So examples of regular sunlight versus shadow, with sidelining versus the moving in and getting some more detail. This is what marcut he was talking about, scam versus versus reconcrete d We are going to address the light are really quick because there is a misconceptions here.
Speaker 3: Scan verse is a great act.
Speaker 6: We attended to try to use it in the lab as a short cuts that there's no shortcut, so it only works well with the iPhone using line. If you have an Android and you're trying to use scam a verse, don't even boller.
Speaker 3: Don't try to do any kind of scanning with nanders. You have to have the light ar on the Apple.
Speaker 9: Phone and stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 6: And then something else people are forgetting when it's shooting the light are up. It's shooting those raids out like it's coming out what your color, But farther away you want from that object, the less precise the measurements are gamped, so that means when you're scanning, you're gonna have to take up a lot of their ring and a lot of time very close to scanning her objects. And even then, Scanner.
Speaker 3: Verse is not working in the court system right now. It's not allowed.
Speaker 6: Not a thing riconcree D however, has been tried to test it in the court systems.
Speaker 3: It's a pay for play.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, like all good things, that is where it's at for light arc Scanner versus is good for maybe making a few souvenirs. Our problem with it is when we put it on a flat surface and put a scale down next to a cast.
Speaker 3: We tried to do it.
Speaker 6: The cast looked wonderful because the cast is all bumpy, so you can't see the irregulars.
Speaker 3: Now what it did due to our scale that was laying next to it is it.
Speaker 6: Made it weed. The points on the mesh may have been like close to being accurate, but not accurate enough for actually conducting any true manorance. The photographmetry that went along with it was so car made it look off at weed, so we immediately had to abandon it. We found reconcrete.
Speaker 3: D agency said no, you keep using your giant scanner, which is cumbersome. We have sixty thousand dollars for you scanner that we can use, but.
Speaker 6: It's like this thing.
Speaker 3: It's a pain anyway.
Speaker 6: So now we cast it awesome footprint.
Speaker 3: What comes next? Honestly, before we.
Speaker 6: Cast, we'd have to make a decision, right and I was talking with christ this, We have to make a decision before we cast.
Speaker 3: Are we going to attempt to try to collect any DNA from within this impression? Are you going to go for a DNA it's something you have to make a decision about. The question was how do you decide where to take it from?
Speaker 6: And if you've done everything properly, and you've already have gone around looking for detail with that side lighting and looking for you definitely don't want to touch the toes, right, But if you find a nice place that looks like it's messed up, even a rock that's in there, take a rock, take a little tongue press or stoop out some stand or dirt or soil. But what you are going to have to do what I did with the cap to the camera. You're gonna have to document the entire process. You're going to actually have to show yourself with one photograph. Taking example, this is where it came from. Item number, it came from here, labeled the bag. Label Whatever you're doing, it's going to have to match up with that. And then after you've cast it you're game.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to label that compression. You're gonna have to photograph.
Speaker 6: Labels that if this intention comes from the rock iron mood trying to get you in it. It is that kind of painstaking process that's happening right now because we're looking at stuff. I'm going, Yes, you didn't document it, didn't have, didn't document it, didn't have I hear that all the timing cook and I know we're not enforced, but we are definitely coming under scrutiny for trying to move forward in big Foot research.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna have to up our game. Then. I know it's a pain. It's boring. I get bored.
Speaker 6: Sometimes doing this, especially the reports that after write later I get to.
Speaker 3: Go have the phone in the field, and then I go back and spend two days writing about so what comes next? You're not done.
Speaker 6: You've made the cast. Now you're doing You've done the cast? Where is it going? Where are they coming from? You have so many more questions you have to start asking yourself writing down OURPG talked about freeing in your notepad, your notebook.
Speaker 3: Your journal.
Speaker 6: Guess what it's time While that past is drawing, it's time to start answering some of these other questions. There's so many, and it just keeps going on and on. Now I carry five different forms, one for hair, one for a footprint, one for blood, one for I just goes on and on and they're like eight pages long. But I want to be able to if I were to actually find something. I don't want to miss anything. I got it down for my crime scenes, I don't have it down for I'm in the woods that I just got excited because I'm found a footprint. I think maybe in a discovered priming, I may not remember some stuff because.
Speaker 3: I'm now super excited. Because I've been doing this for a long time.
Speaker 6: I've got foured a couple of times, and I see myself getting very excited about something in the wood, so i'd see the backing off and going to get my form.
Speaker 3: I gotta do this right, So take your time and learn some new things as you go.
Speaker 6: Because while I was doing those notes and pretending like I was going through the scene for that particular footprint that I made, I saw that these passion flowers were everywhere, and I thought the fil here, I said, I don't want to cut over you.
Speaker 3: Here because there was a bunch of fun impression.
Speaker 6: So I know why they were there. That turns out, now, dear, do not like the passion bar for me your times up? I thought for sure, No, it was just a good place to hide as a good cut for it. So what happens after you've done all this morning craft. We did follow the walk through our second walk through it. It's horrible. We basically take our checklists and we go back into the scene after we think we're done, and we go through the entire thing all over again to make sure we didn't miss anything and we didn't actually stick.
Speaker 3: The set because once we release the scene, once we leave, it's old.
Speaker 6: You can come back, but now your chain of custody of your scene is gone. You don't know what could have come through and changed it after you were gone.
Speaker 3: You can't come back and say, oh, I found this, I missed it. No, you did.
Speaker 6: Maybe that happened later and it's too late. So it's a painstaking process, it really is. But it's something that's necessary.
Speaker 3: Oh. By the way, I put this up for Shane.
Speaker 6: When I was earlier, he was talking about how the foot could sometimes press off. This is a book by William Bozziak. It is like between a bookwear specialist. He wrote this book in nineteen ninety. This is a page from it that I thoughttioned with like because it shows him just talking about how the soil or substrate's changing while someone's walking and creating exactly what he was talking about, which is something that could be interpreted as a mid partial break depending on the substrate the soil, so that was pretty possible to me. I have a quot that I originally wrote for a CSI roll, and each chapter was about how to cast a footwear impression and each type of soil and substrates. So each chapters are mud or sand or it's different types of substrate plotcat and the first half of it is basically what I just got to be talking about.
Speaker 3: On how to document it, and then it's some sequent chapters on how to actually do the cast. You've got no solo on the substrate.
Speaker 6: If he alluded to it when he was talking about Chhane was talking about the different soil and substrates, it actually does matter. We found that doing it the same way every.
Speaker 3: Single time when you're casting the foot.
Speaker 6: Repression in the ground is not always conducive to getting the best details. So where you have like a nice money thing that's like the great thing of money impression that.
Speaker 3: Is not all that valuable yet it's starting to hard be able like perfect, it still has all the details.
Speaker 6: And then you would on the sand where you buy that impression, you can actually call some vibrations and fall sen Sandard when you can fall down.
Speaker 3: Into the details.
Speaker 6: There's so many things you can do to prepare each type of soil and substrate before you even put the casting material in.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 6: Also how to prepare that particular casting material cool with different.
Speaker 3: Types of substrates.
Speaker 6: So whether you're going to put it in a little thicker for whether it's like a super wattery money, or you're gonna go a little thinner because you know that this particular impression, you can would stand that pressure and you can get all the details. There's different ways, but it takes practice. It was basically a little field mammal that I wish I would have had when I was first starting when I was passed that we basically had to be played with an excur but luckily my agency had allowed us to exper They push us to right punish though. That's actually really cool. If anyone has any questions about anything.
Speaker 3: We're welcome task. Yeah, sir, you guys had to use or will try to use. I know the nixty sixty cameras now everywhere like plight for documenting a frack team. No, we have what's not the Pharaoh three D scanner. It's the standard that sits on top of trypod.
Speaker 6: We operate the far away with a map and it actually sends around on top of this tripod and it shoots out the light art. And while this is doing that, it's also pick the pictures that it will overlay on top of those measurements and it gets down to some millimeter. So for indoor scenes that are big like that or outdoor scenes like that, will use that particular scan.
Speaker 3: Is what it enables us to do is we can actually walk through, but we're walking through the scene and now we're using.
Speaker 6: VR headsets for the jury where we can actually move you through the scene and we don't have to map and measure anything anymore because a lot are doing it for us. So literally on the screen, I can take my cursors from my moms and clip the butt of a gun drag and wherever I stop, that point gives me the precise measurement to the military. Yeah, and that's what I'm saying. It's it's sixty thousand dollars piece of equipment. It takes about twelve minutes per scan and what we do is we as long as we move it through the entire house and they take twenty sees and then we can start evidence suction in the communication, so we can actually do an entire thing and make it look three D and I can walk you through the entire thing. That's a great idea.
Speaker 3: What you said. Absolutely, But we're lucky enough to have that us of equipment. Yeah, so it's a little of what you're talking about. You can talk about from ridges of footprints. Where about fingerprints? A lot of times you can't cast those. So how would you go about getting a fingerprint or are you happy? No, that's actually my special finger a fingerprints side. So we do it the same way.
Speaker 6: Basic, it's basically the same mindset. So to say I found a fingerprint on the side of a door on a car, I would take pictures of the entire car. I would take pictures of where the car was. Then once I find that that fingerprint, I.
Speaker 3: Actually go up and I scale. I picked a scale, give it a night or remember, and then I back up and I'll take like a.
Speaker 6: Whole profile side of the car to show where that scale is, because not that scale tell you where that fingerprint from.
Speaker 3: Right, So now I have the item number written on it, and now I'm going to like enough to photograph this. If I haven't use power yet, I'm going to tip the photographs without power. If I have to use powder, it's just a enough for me to photograph it.
Speaker 6: So back in the day, it was all about putting powder on, putting capon, lifting it, and the evidence the fingerprint was on the fingerprint color.
Speaker 3: So now it's the photograph. We're working from PHOTOO. We're processing it for the photograph, which is usually much less power. For that power. Once we get a little bit on, we're actually working with the flash light and shining on the front from the side. As we put the powder on, you see it start to develop. Once it starts to.
Speaker 6: Develop this side, and then you'll control the lighting and you photograph that again parallel.
Speaker 3: To the surface with the scale, try to make it as thag as you can.
Speaker 6: And then we'll even add powder afterwards, because we know that was not enough powder being to show up.
Speaker 3: The card, so now we'll add it. And the only reason we.
Speaker 6: Even take cards now is because the Fulton County government where I work, they think that the handheld physical something is the evens which is in.
Speaker 3: The cress the law states is what is the most fair.
Speaker 6: And accurate representation of the ovens, and that would be the photograph the most detailed before I destroyed.
Speaker 3: It more by putting more finger from how they're on it the lift to get on. So yeah, that's basically how you do it.
Speaker 6: It's the same way as finding thus but we're basically trying to set it up for the photograph and you run across the stain issues when you're photographing that evidence of.
Speaker 3: The windshield member. You've got the reflections. I see a lot of that frole.
Speaker 6: People are taking that camera and they're moving it to the side trying to get that better photograph, and that's the exact opposite of what you're supposed to be doing. You should keep it parallel and you control the light on the window. So one of the things that we do for that issue is we'll take something black and we'll take to the back.
Speaker 3: Of the window to help deal with that player and.
Speaker 6: Then use that side lighting and then makes it pop and stand out like nobody's business. But there's no reason ever why you should be moving the cameras should always be parallel, because now I can't even.
Speaker 3: Put it into the end of database if it's not the correct measurement. When I put it in, it's not going to return, so we have to be.
Speaker 6: Very careful about taking pictures of making sure that we're on plank will coste R.
Speaker 3: Yeah. In terms of fasting media, they always two pet use your p vision.
Speaker 6: Any of the level freer, level four dentle cells, they all have different name brands that they're all dentle Cells, like I prefer Perfect pass it's.
Speaker 3: A name round.
Speaker 6: I just don't have them all because it comes free packages in two pounds and four pound bats, and I happen to know two pounds is about the average size of my footprints, and four pounds maybe big.
Speaker 3: Enough for a back foot Ultra Top thirty that everyone seems to use.
Speaker 6: I know that became very popular. It's really no difference. I just chose nine over passages.
Speaker 3: But there's no reason really one name ran.
Speaker 6: Over another as long as it's the simplest song, and level three or higher. Level four is almost like no reason to ever have it. It's just overcoin and it doesn't really change the results. It's just and I think it's just a hardness issue.
Speaker 3: But it's hard to break, but.
Speaker 6: It is good enough to get fingerprint level decals like really good fingerprint level details. Right, So I only choose perfect cast because of the bags that comes in easily, soable, and they're nice, sick the bags, and I can throw them around and they're not.
Speaker 3: Going to break down to me and the other one's coming these giant boxes.
Speaker 6: Having these giant bags and tactically that's that are icelines, right.
Speaker 3: But I like to throw my stuff around and be okay with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can throw the two times on my backpack would be good to talking about what happened in footprints show.
Speaker 3: We have to help to convince how many do we mean? Well, how many?
Speaker 6: I mean?
Speaker 3: The problem isn't the amounts. It's not even the quality.
Speaker 6: It's about how how transparent were we when we collected it? What would your process urticulation? How legit can go out and take how took I've been working with bears. I can go find a bear impression, pick my shoe off and take it down and make it into a good footprint, cast it and go look what I've got. I've found a big book. Now you're going to go off my credibility on whether it's real or not. That's what we've been doing lately. We've been going off people's credibility on whether these things are dealing dots the evidence that were presented, right. So, I mean, I think that's the biggest problem for the science people because you're like, I found all these tasks, look at all my trasts. I'm like, do you have all the pictures, everything that goes with it to put into context so I can see how you found it? Did you photograph it before you cast it? And I see all these things, and unfortunately, you're right, there may be some crap trying a real cast out that someone from my side will dismiss because I don't have the other information to go with it.
Speaker 3: I have, without a doubt that's stuff exists. It's out there without the other stuf. I can't write about it, I can't publish it.
Speaker 6: I can't take it to peers and have a peer with you because they're going to ask all the same questions I wanted to ask originally.
Speaker 3: So that I think that's the big issue. Stop tik for more questions, if anybody, if anybody's anymore, Yeah, that's typical.
Speaker 1: All right out.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 6: I can't
Speaker 1: Count I can