Speaker 1: Ryan Reno. Five months into the round war, when does the oil renewed?
Speaker 2: Very direct, so the Iranians close the Straight of Formos, that is a waterway that's responsible for about twenty percent of global or hydrocarbons or let's say crude oil and related products. And so far they've been letting some friendly forces through. Saudi Arabia has been able to redirect a lot of their capacity through the bab El Mandeb Straight of the Red Sea. Those things have started to come undone because now the Hoofies have closed that straight and it's looking like a moment of crisis. It's been a quiet week in the market, but not a quiet week in the action.
Speaker 3: On the ground.
Speaker 2: We saw hits on a Yamboo port, which is the port that the Saudis have been directed through their back up pipeline. We've seen hits on refineries on Saudi soil, and just today there was a hit on ab Cake, which is the biggest it's basically the most important refinery in the world. It turns the Saudi sour crude into sweet crude, which can actually be transported. So there are so many disruptions in the oil market. We can get into the details but that's the.
Speaker 3: Well so far.
Speaker 1: What seemed remarkable throughout this I mean, oil has spiked obviously, but I think by no, if you know, if you back five months and said it would drag out this long and Iran would close the straight I mean, it was real worst case scenario stuff in terms of how US war planners have war gained a potential conflict with Iran. But you know, even though as Trump said, he's like, yeah, you know, the oils has gone up, we actually expected to go up more. I mean, I think, you know, when you look at the situation now and now with the refinery has been hit in Saudi Arabia, you know, at the same time as there's a huge targant of refineries in Russia during the Ukraine War, it seems kind of incredible to me that we don't even have higher oil prices. That's not like one hundred and fifty dollars a barrel plus. I mean, is this just markets kind of in denial. Are they're just holding out for a dealers around the corner or what really explains.
Speaker 2: This well, market is a very short term, especially now and the way Trump has positioned himself being able to talk markets in the direction he wants. There's a psychological barrier to not oppose the trumper gender, especially in you know, months that are further down the future's curve. So there's a big difference between physical barrels of oil and paper barrels of oil that are traded on a futures market, and I think there's just a big absence of real trading in the months into twenty twenty seven, for example, and in the current year. It's possible to keep the oil price at a reasonable level by releasing strategic reserves. So the IEA coordinated strategic reserve release. Europeans released a lot, Americas were released a huge.
Speaker 3: Amount of their own reserves.
Speaker 2: And what surprised a lot of people was China was able to dip into their their own massive reserves. They have one point five billion barrels.
Speaker 3: In reserve.
Speaker 2: They were able to dip into that. They've actually they're a their energy is quite fungible and they're able to make synthetic fuels from coal as well, and they just decided to not refine using these what are called teapot refineries using discounted Iranian oil. So when the MoU was signed, the oil price really came down to a shockingly low price, and you know, these big American banks started creating target prices for twenty seven sixty five dollars, you know, seventy dollars, things like this, And I think a lot of those expectations are basically false because we have just lost so much of global supply already and it's looking as though that will continue to get worse.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, So the background to where we are knowing the Iran war is the m r U, which I mean, when it came out, it seemed like pretty much a capitulation to Iran. I mean, there was an acknowledgment that Iran, alongside Doorman, would control the straight of hormose traffic and would actually be able to tax it, that they were going to get hundreds of billions in compensation, basically war reparations. I see you smile, and you did call you did you did suggest that that should be the Iranian demand at the beginning of the war.
Speaker 3: It was in the first couple of weeks I.
Speaker 1: Think even got the number roads. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I said they should demand four hundred billion dollars and it ended up being three hundred billion. That they were talking about in the mu Yeah.
Speaker 1: All they got negotiated down for four hundred.
Speaker 2: Though maybe they were reading my tweets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's just so influential as show as. But yeah, I mean a lot of people were shocked because you know, obviously there's been all sorts of copes throughout this right, you know, there are the people that see Trump doing no wrong. I think this was an enormous success. And I've been arguing with some of these people throughout this war, and you know, typically they point to how many missiles have been launched, how many Iranian leaders have been taken out, how much of their missile capability has been destroyed, which was massively exaggerated. But the entire time, I mean, you know, there there was an operational success for the US in a limited sense, but I mean strategically, it was clear very early on, i'd say in the first week of the war that this was a failure because when they took out the Aetola and other senior members of the Uranian government, I mean, it became very clear there wasn't going to be a regime change in the way they imagined. And I think Trump probably was led to believe by the people around them, that the Uranian people were ready to rise up, that this regime, you know, it just needed the door kicked in. He does seem to believe, as far as I can tell, these basically propaganda numbers that were going around. A body ran killing thirty forty thousand protesters last year. But yeah, at that point, there was no Plan B, you know, and Pete Hagsat was going out saying that the purpose of the war was to take out Iranian ability to launch missiles, which is, you know, clearly an impossible goal. Rubio was saying something else. Trump was saying something else dependent on the day he promised regime change. Then he turned around and said it was two or three days of limited strikes. At one point, he said, a couple of days into the war. So the justification has constantly been changing. But yeah, it was a real kick in the teeth for some people when they started. Actually, the US was willing to see these major Iranian demands that you couldn't have imagined prior to the war, right, you couldn't have imagined it would be in a situation, you know, in a year's time. If you said last year, where Iran would be freely able to tax global commerce going through the strait of hormones. But that's what this military action has led to is the creation of Iran as a great power. And Trump was surprisingly frank in that he said, yeah, we we you know, we're signing us because the alternative is we're going to run out a fewel in four weeks and there'd be an economic depression. So it was a remarkably frank moment, and it was kind of it was kind of surprisingly so because it felt like we're at the point where Trump's kind of ego and narcissism won't let him back down and kind of acknowledged failure here. But that's what it was starting to sound like. But then, of course, the the MoU collapse.
Speaker 2: Well, let's cast our minds back to about this time last year Twelve Day War launched by Israel. It seemed as though they were trying to degrade Iran's missile launching capability. It seemed it seemed as though at the time they had been quite successful in that they.
Speaker 3: Had already had huge successes.
Speaker 2: With taken out Nasrulla, the pager bombing operation. It seemed like they had stacked another w Trump sent the B two bombers said everything had been destroyed, called it a day, and frankly, I thought that would satisfy Netna Who's.
Speaker 3: Ambition.
Speaker 2: And then, you know, towards the end of last year, there was a blockade on Venezuela, there were the demands to take Greenland for the United States, and there was very much an air of an assertive American empire. Aggressive American empire again that common in Maduro being picked up by you know, American helicopter just flying into Caracas. You know, people were praising it as an incredible military operation. There was talk of Palenteer being able to shut down Antier and you know, doubtless bribing other officials. And then once they'd you know, done that, Iran came back into focus. The you know, Zionist news outlet started talking about, you know, all these protests in Iran and how unpopular the regime was and this was the moment to take it down. And Resa Pavlavi, he was doing you know, these podcasts. Even Patrick David said he'd been contacted to take over Iran, and Trump said, oh, you know, we want to make a deal, and we weren't sure, you know, how it was going to go down. You know, I bet on the IDOLO to survive on poly market.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't think they were pull the trigger.
Speaker 2: And then on twenty eighth for February, it'd been blown up by about thirty bombs dropped on his presidential palace and bunker, including you know, these jade ams that can penetrate some of the deepest you know bunkers in existence. And yeah, then there was this expectation that, you know, Iranians were just going to march into the street and kill the IRGC or whatever and have this you know, democratic revolution, and I just never saw that happening. But yeah, what was your take around that time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I do remember soon at the time, just based on how we've observed how Israel and the US have behaved, especially in the last two three years, saying that they're going to they'll do the war at the start of Purim, right, because they always seem to time it with these highly symbolic things. And yeah, when you know, it became the pure war of twenty twenty six. At the same time, I was still surprised. I didn't I didn't expect to see full scale war like this. For to drag US as long as it has. You know, Trump really did pull the trigger on it. I think one of the things that hasn't been discussed enough, it was reported at the time in in you know, mainstream media by fairly respectable outlets, is the negotiations that came to lead up to this because for a time, you know, and this is why I thought maybe we want the war. You know, there were there were positive sounds coming from the negotiations right advance at the time was saying a deal was just around the corner.
Speaker 3: I believe it was.
Speaker 1: A leader from Oman was one of the main delegates, and he was coming out saying that they were reaching a historic deal. This was about to be signed. Some interesting details came out since so of course Trump appointed Jared Kushner and Steve Whitcoff as head negotiators for the US but Jewish, of course. Witkoff is this guy with a background in real estate, and I remember he was one of the first appointments of Trump and he was meant this post that Trump created special Envoy to the Middle East. You remember thinking that's only going to go one way. And obviously we know about Kushner, but yeah, the reports that came out about the negotiations was that Witkoff and Kushner had no real knowledge of nuclear enrichment, nuclear weapons, any of the things required for US, that they didn't take advisors that would have been necessary for an understanding of this. Witkoff apparently had little to know knowledge of the previous agreements between Iran in the US and the history there of frameworks that have been established, and what the redlines were and so on. And worst of all, that they took Iran's demand to retain research facility in Tehran that was actually gifted to them by President Eisenhower in the fifties, and that is actually incapable of enriching uranium for weapons purposes, that actually can only be used as a research reactor, that Iran wanted to retain this as part of the deal that would have led to them given up their enriched uranium, and that Kushner and Witkoff mistakenly, as it was reported in these mainstream reports, but mistakenly read this as Iran said that it was an absolute demand that they were going to proceed with enriching uranium for weapons purposes. And Trump repeated this at the beginning of the war. He said that Whitcoff came back to him and said, essentially, the message from the meetings was that Iran was going to push ahead with a nuclear bomb again, you know, as far as people verify that, you know, vance again. Days prior to breaking down, it said, this has gone. Well, the other delegates, the neutral delegates that were there, none of them reported that Iran claimed this, that they were making this demand that we're going to go ahead with in Richmond. So it seems very clearly you can say misunderstanding by Witkoff and Jared Kushner. But either it's a profound misunderstanding and an ignorance and a failure of them to bring the necessary expertise and do the necessary research, which is just a you know, incredible profound incompetence, or it's it's it's treason, right, it's it's unintentionally misleading Trump and the American public to to force this war. But you know, that to me is incredible, And like I said, it doesn't seem like that's that's really been discussed a whole lot since then. But I mean, you know, think of the implications of that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean, Kushna let's remind people. I'm sure they know is Trump's son in law, and Kushna and Netanya, who sleep at each other's houses, have an incredibly close relationship. So it's it seems as though Israel can call the shots directly using American delegates. But you know, in that period leading up, people thought that the American administration would see sense and be able to reject this path. But you know, Trump sacked various generals and you know, even the likes of Hillary Clinton and people, you know, senior politicians said this was a terrible idea. You know, every geopolitical strategist basically agreed the same thing, that you can't just take down an Iran that's been preparing for, you know, this kind of event for decades and had built their entire defense architecture with cheap drones, ballistic missiles and the likely help of Russia given the pressure they run that and the alliances that have been been made. So yeah, once again the little set and calling the shots.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think once the MU was signed, I think people probably expected it to last a bit longer than it seemed like. We were pretty quickly back to we'd been raped forward. What do you attribute that to as far as the main cause of the breakdown, I mean, obviously there are two sides with objectives that there's obviously no way of resolving them. I mean, this is going to go one way or the other. It seems clear it's going to turn into a U strategic defeat and they're basically prolonged and the inevitable. But why the breakdown of the initial m or you Well.
Speaker 2: It seems very clear to me that the main issue of disagreement was Hesbelah. And you know, all throughout this campaign, Netanyahu was literally appealing to the Israelis saying, I have made us a regional power. You know, Israeli stock market's been rocketing all these victories they had, and you know, Natanyahu's got an important election for him personally in October because he's also under investigation, so he seems to be able to avoid his legal problems whilst he's at the HELM and the way he'll be marketing his election campaign is making Israel the hegemon of the region. And you know, using America to fight their wars was you know, part of that strategy. So I never expected the m I U to hold I think what Israel broke the terms on like day one, and the Iranians were saying, you know what, what's this?
Speaker 3: We this this was part of the agreement. And then there was this big.
Speaker 1: Dispute over whether Lebanon was included. And then Trump said he was going to demand that Israel stop while they figured this out. And yeah, it very quickly deteriorated. One of the interesting reports was that like as far as kind of what concretely ended it was when they stopped the hormones traffic again, one of the reports was that that was an IRGC led thing, somewhat against the wishes of the Uranian government, and it kind of suggests that, you know, the RGC itself maybe has sway over the direction of Iranda didn't before. And obviously, the the idea of doing these decapitation strikes was, you know, take out these hardline is the most militant leaders. Something somewhere is going to emerge, right, just organically, of course, because every country wants to be a liberal democracy, there will be some moderate opposition somewhere, you know, totally totally ridiculous idea of Iran. But it actually seems like what may have happened is they may have brought in more hardline figures, and I mean, you know, you can even just think concretely, I mean, some of the people that are there now, they've had multiple family members, colleagues killed in these strikes. I think, you know, the equivalent of like a third of you know, their National Congress has been killed in this most of their senior military leaders, Supreme Leader obviously, but there was no reason to expect that whoever was going to be replacing them was going to be more moderate. I mean, you know, you look at the previous Supreme Leader. I mean, you know that whole group, like these are boomers that have been at the Helm for a long time, and as great as the cultural differences are and so on, they're still boomers, right. But it seems like the younger types far from being reformers. I mean, they've grown up in this state of conflict with the US and Israel, they've experienced these aggressive wars from outside. They've probably moved more away from the kind of Islamic fundamentalism that originally came with the Islamic Revolution in Iran and moved more towards a kind of Iranian nationalism. Part of that is just you know, the forces of modernity kind of undermining that generally. But then also a lot of these people are coming through a military milieu, and like I said, they have this constant specter of the US and Israel trying to undermine their influence in the region. And at the same time, one of the reasons Iran Dian collapsed from the strikes is it turned out they had a very decentralized command structure where even as US strikes did, they could take at multiple layer after layer after layer of commanders in the RGC and the military, and the strikes from Iran continued on about it. It had virtually no impact, and the US was increasingly baffled by this and as it hit military sites and missile installations and so on, but it didn't seem to have any effect on Uranian launch capability. And part of that is because Iran has been prepared for this so long that they've made it extremely decentralized. The decentralized cells that can basically operate the military in one region or province outside of any supreme command, even if that goes dark, and that makes it very difficult one for the US to deal with and to take out by striking centralized targets. But then two, in a case like this with Harmuz, where you know the RGC can say, well, you know, we're taking the initiative and kind of exercise and video bur on this that it may actually make it harder to get a deal with Iran in the future.
Speaker 2: I'm sure part of it is a theory of mind failure, where Westerners assume that, you know, the citizens of another place will think exactly like them and want liberal democracy. And you know, Iran is not the most religious place, particularly in the urban centers. But they did kill the Ayatollah and why and his granddaughter, you know, various lines of his family during Ramadan three years before Purim, so you know there is a religious significance to that. And I'm sure the hoofies and the militias that operate in Iraq are probably more on the religious side, certainly Hesbala as well, because you know they were originally recruited because where she is, you know, in the south of Lebanon that have lived there for a very long time.
Speaker 1: The majority of Iranians do support the Islamic Republic. Like there haven't been a lot of studies on that. Obviously, it's it's somewhat difficult.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: You can say, well, if you ask anyone in Iran, they're going to they support the regime. Right, But there have been some at least one major study that I know of that that attempted to get at this neutral and was not seen as part to them one way or the other. But it did find based on poll in thousands of Iranians that support for like the Islamic Republic itself as an idea as the form of government Igran is eighty to ninety percent, right, So maybe people have problems with individual leaders.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: There were protests in Iran. There wasn't a response and that killed forty thousand people. But there were protests mostly over economic frustrations and inflation.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: But as far as you know, the people that want to over traw the Islamic Republic and have you know, a liberal democracy and change the flag and so on, it's probably under fifteen or ten percent in Iran.
Speaker 2: I didn't know it was the support was that high, but I definitely knew the West was exaggerating the unpopularity of the regime, which you know, I think it is interesting that a platonic state emerged out of Western imperialism, you know, fifty years ago, and now they're able to you know, have a dedicated guardian class that will fight wars for the state, you know, in Iraq, in Syria. That's that's quite interesting for quite a high Iq population in modern times. I mean, you look at the West now and its western countries, like five six percent of men say they'd fight for their homeland because they just don't agree fundamentally with.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think her rounds, especially high i Q country. I think the.
Speaker 2: Well, it was exaggerated by trs as one of the smartest in the world, but you know their average is what low nineties, and it's a population of ninety million, so.
Speaker 1: I've seen like, yeah, like eighty five to ninety. But it's such an ethnically diverse country. You know, the would certainly say, like the kind of Persians that make up the elite class there seem to be you know, quite different ethnically from say like the these areas that live in the country and so on.
Speaker 2: I mean, ninety million people, they've got enough geniuses among them to you know, be nuclear physicists and scientists. They have a very high rate of edgecation. You know, even including women. You know, they were they were strong force. They're you know, they're not the same as these you know tinpot desert countries that you can run over in a few weeks. And that was you know, long stated by smart people. But you know they've been in the crossheads for for a very long time. And yeah, people like BB saw this is their their chance to go for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean again, one of the things people got really wrong about this war was you know, an older theory of like strategic air dominance, where just by taking out their ballistic missile capabilities and wiping out their air force, you know, Israel have an air superiority that that would be enough to remove around.
Speaker 3: As a tread.
Speaker 1: But of course, people that have been studying the action this has gone for a long time have been saying Iran poses this enormous trending kind of asymmetric warfare capabilities now and especially their drone production. Right this shah Head drone has become something very known to people now and they were producing tens of thousands of them for Russia's use in Ukraine. But now with the straight up home as closure, I mean, they basically have check mate like between their ballistic missiles, their short range missiles that they can fire from the coasts, and then their drone production. There's really no charunter to it, bar ground invasion just destroying the production of these because the factories are massively dispersed throughout the country. It's mixed up with civilian infrastructure and factories used for udder things. And it seems like they can produce I've seen a number that at one point they're producing five and a half thousand drones per month, but that was I think even before the peak of hostilities here, so probably well beyond that. You know, they can be hidden anywhere in the room this size, they can be launched very easily off the back of the truck. So there's really no counter for this. And again, you know, people that got this wrong had this older theory of warfare. I remember when the war started, right, you had people coming out making these very confident pronouncements that this was some new age of warfare and of geopolitics where the US could just you know, strike leaders and take them out and then just keep doing that until they get someone they like.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Richard n Ennia was saying that Iran had vindicated Trump's leader to capitation strategy, which is maybe the least vindicated prediction about geopolitics of any commentator, and he was saying that it had proven that the theory of blowback was nonsense. Right, just probably wrote that a couple of days before they closed the straight But yeah, I mean, essentially, it doesn't seem like there's any counter to this, and it also seems like it's a sign of a new age of warfare we're entering. When at the same time this is happening, you know, like I said, Grain is striking deep into Russia's territory up to thousand miles with drones. We're seeing these attacks on Saudi oil refineries now by the Jutis, and so it seems like a very very significant shift in warfare. It's like something like the invention of the machine gun and trench warfare, the you know, the kind of technological revolutions that that led to Blitzkriagan World War two. The fact that there's this huge advantage for asymmetrical attackers now that groups like the Huthis could potentially cripple a massive state like Saudi Arabia with technology that is inexpensive, easy to transport, easy to hide it easy to use, and that's usually significant. Well, I think that's a lot of the reason. And Yaho is so desperate to clear Hesbala out of southern Lebulon because of the emergence of Joe warfare. They had a lot of success last summer using the their various defensive rockets to take down the the ones that the Iranians sent with, you know, with the help of the likes of the RAF and you know, whoever, whoever else promised to help Israel. But yeah, it's it definitely feels like a you know, the dawn of a new type of warfare. The Iranians correctly changed strategy this time. They decided to hit America where it hurts, which is financially shut the straight. They know that, you know, They're only if they shut the straight for long enough, they can spike the price of oil, they can create inflation, they can put pressure on bond markets, and then they can back it up with these cheap drones as you say they can. They can hit a tanker with even a shot head I think is capable of immobilizing a tanker if they hit it in the right spot. And they've got seven thousand drone and missile factories spread across the country. Half of these are privately owned, and it appears that the Chinese are giving them precursor materials, and the Russians have given them satellite coordinates. And you know, the golf has been basically shut down, or at least the eastern side of it has, you know, caused untold damage to the likes of the City of London, who can't ensure ships anymore, who don't get the you know, the the money flowing back into their capital markets, and you know, Europe especially is on the brink of running out of fuel. I mean, I think we'll go through these the numbers in more detail in a in a moment.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's quite remarkable. And the fact that they have all these missiles means there are only one desalination tank strike away from crippling a place like Dubai. I think they hit Kuwait desalinization. They hit a base in Kuwait. They got a direct hit on a base in Jordan very recently. Now the hoof Is are sending cruise missiles to Yamboo. The the militias in Iraq got well, we don't know the damage at the time of recording, but they got a hit on Abcake, which is such crucial refinery. And yeah, this is a massive decentralization of military power, and you know, small groups of men are able to you know, collect collect these type of munitions from a factory attached to warheads and just send it.
Speaker 3: To a target.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it doesn't look as though there's any way America can break the stalemate. They'll probably have to back down again because you know, the lack of oil supply is going to cripple the world economy.
Speaker 1: It's hard to keep track of all the stop start periods of the war, but the most the most recent escalation. You know, Trump of course was talking big, and he was saying that they were going to start to striking one civilian bridge or power plant for every day. Round didn't make a deal, and there was all this kind of tough talk, and then there were a couple of weeks of pretty intense strikes on Iran, and I grand didn't seem to be retaliating to the same degree. There was a strike that killed I think for US nervous members, and then very quickly it seemed like there was a cessation of hostilities again. And now we're in this kind of frozen situation again. I mean, you know, I want to embarrass you with the predictions you were making them at potentially catastrophic things that could have happened this week with the way it was escalating, but then suddenly it was frozen again. But what I wonder if that if that is you know, the US aversion to losing military personnel, like it seems like Trump. I mean, his approval has really collapsed over this. I think only a third of Republican Trump supporters now are in favor of this war. Most wanted to come to an end. I saw one poll twenty percent of people that voted for Trump in the last election. I think things will be better as regards energy prices with a Democrat and power. So a lot of people are regretting their vote, and it's really hurting him coming up to these mid term election. But you know, so far, there hasn't been a lot of military personnel loss, and that was kind of the direction the US was going in of Okay, like the I think the US public has great trauma over Vietnam and the kind of sync that turned into in terms of the constant escalation, and then you know, soldiers coming home in body bags and how damaging that was for especially Lynda B. Johnson as president, and then I Rack in Afghanistan, same thing. There was this real hatred of the idea of foreign interventions and sacrificing lives for it. And so far Trump has been able to avoid that, you know, with Venezuela, his strikes on Syria, the previous strikes on Iran in his first term that took out Solemney, and then the strikes on the nuclear sides. But he's always you know, the people will have this idea that he has this there's this new kind of US intervention where you can hit people from a distance, maybe you can use proxy forces, you can do these these very specialized targeted operations like happened in Venezuela. But as someone like Jadi Vance would come along and sell this, right, we're not like the neocons, we're't like the previous people because we're not sending in US troops and you know what they would call nation building. But it seems like once there's any kind of escalation in US troops, Diane, that public opinion could really shift. And I mean it's already against the war but at that point it becomes really damaging for Trump that hey, you're seven months into this, we don't even know what the point of this is. Energy prices are going up. You know, he's insisting it's going to get better and it's going to end and the cost is relatively small. But I think they're really averse to losing US lives, and Iran did make that threat that every Iranian life that was lost that we're going to take an American life in kind. I don't know how much they can they can follow true on that, but you know, I have to do. You think that's maybe be a part of the reason that Trump back doones so quickly on that.
Speaker 2: Well, Trump Trump has his own elections later this year. Of course, aside from the fact that US bases are running out of interceptors, I think all of Trump's threats fell flat because Iran promised to retaliate on the Gulf. That that's become a trump card for them, and I wonder why they didn't do it sooner. To be honest, if they get a direct hit on desalinization on a place like Dubai, they would just have to clear the entire city because you can't live without water. I mean they're probably running short because of the lack of food even coming in. So you know, the UAE are probably wondering why they got into this. You know, the likes of Farage of Reformer UK was supporting this war. He's been having meetings in UAE, and it makes you wonder if there was some Zionist influence that was telling them, oh, yeah, this will be fine, we'll just take out the Iranians. But yeah, Ivran has serious cards to play, and I think the way they've run this war has been well measured, with perhaps a small criticism that I feel that they let a lot of friendly oil through when perhaps they should have been a bit harsher on that because they didn't spike the oil as much as they might have wanted to. I mean, we could go through how much oil has been lost in this in this whole period.
Speaker 1: We have Faras definitely hurt himself with that, and I think I think Reform pretty quickly tried to walk that back a little bit. But this has become politically so toxic, and that's an unfortunate aspect as well of this kind of new saber rattlan international policy approach of the second Trump administration is you know, there was a lot of excitement and solidarity from European nationalists with their American counterparts when Trump get elected as far as you know, mass deportations and so on, and the vibe shift. But in the second Trump administration, I mean, the Maga movement and the American right has become so hostile to Europe, you know, I think, almost too interrational degree. I mean, the during the Greenland stuff, it was just, you know, it was crazy stuff like and you you have these mega influencers that we're talking about Europe as this kind of civilizational enemy, and you know Greenland because it's controlled by Denmark. You know, Denmark is going to be taken over by Muslims and there's going to be like a Sharia state that's going to control Greenland. It's like, you know, and okay, I mean the demographic problem is pretty bad in Europe, but it's like, you know, Denmark is literally like has a leftist government that's well it's actually it's a truly important people and enforcing like ethnic minimum percentages on cities so they don't become minority day and you know, this is a country that's probably minority wide already are pretty much close to it. And these people are using this kind of you know, this like racialist way of attacking European countries and getting behind you know, tearing up basically international and the international order and treating Europe especially as like a permanently hostile actor that they should undermine in any way possible. And of course this makes collaboration between American nationalists and European nationalists very difficult. I mean, if you're a political mover in the in Europe now, I don't think you can support or be seen to be supporting Trump, trump Ism or anything to do with this administration. I mean, THEFD has distanced itself a lot. It's come out in favor of Germany getting nuclear weapons, and that is largely as a result of this trump Ist US led policy making the international order so unstable. You know, but even look at like something like SEAPAC was in Hungary this year, and you know, there are many people that would kind of fashion themselves as dissidents and as leading patriot nationalist organizers in their country. And you know, because this is is kind of intersects, you know, as SEAPAC does with you know, like the American right, the kind of Zionist magaled right.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Originally they were going to have Benjamin Netnia, who as a speaker he canceled. I think his son spoke instead, and so you've you know, you've got these people on stage with net Nyahu's son. They played the American national anthem, which which people were standing for and observing, and like, at the same time this is going on, Europeans are experiencing runaway infleation and an energy shock and you know, turning on their televisions and seeing that the US is striking a girls' school to begin the war that killed over one hundred children under the age of ten. You know, I mean talk about you know, talk about optics and talk about trying to frame yourself, you know, on the side of the people. So like it's it's the MAGA movement. And this Trump's administration has framed itself as like structurally hostile to other people's nationalism, to nationalism itself, to the self determination of European countries, and so it's like in its essence almost toxic for for European nationalists to be associated with that now. And it's all necessary because you know, it's just it didn't have to be that way. That's what's unfortunate about it. There was no reason for this, this extreme hostility. But you know, Trump does these things. It's a very kind of haphazard approach to foreign policy. We want to be strong, we want to be powerful. He gets a whim that he wants to take Greenland that no national security advisor or major military figure or anyone had had ever said was necessary or in their strategic.
Speaker 3: Interest.
Speaker 1: That you know, the existing treaties and use of the island they had at that point was insufficient. But he gets this whim and then you know, of course the MAGA commentators have to come out and defend it, and you know, people like Scott Career and a think piece about how you know, Denmark is going to turn communists and support Red China. So that's why this is actually necessary despite no one else except you know, him and Trump and a handful of others seen it. And then you just get this hostility to Europeans for wanting to have some minimum of respect for their sovereignty and for European integrity. So it's just become this extremely hostile movement and at the same time that nothing is being accomplished really on mass deportations. The majority of the American right has basically accepted minority status in the US, and so it's a weird thing where they're becoming increasingly jinguistic while accepting that the demographic question is kind of finished. Like they will still push against illegal immigration and so on, but there's obviously a recognition of the limitations there. So the US is becoming this kind of Brazilified multi racial state. It's having a foreign policy that is increasingly just blatantly self serving and attempting to be exploited of of their countries. And then you know, when it's traditional closer allies like Europe necessarily pushed back on that, it leads to hostility from the nationalists or right wing or conservative supporters against Europe and against Europeans. And in the same way, you can see like Russians have this kind of Eurasianist identity where they see themselves as hostile to the West, and they may even lie with kind of anti white, non white forces. You know, similar things seem to be happening to white Americans where they're getting this intense hostility and it's not just to you know, European leaders or the European Union or something, but was increasingly to like Europeans and the idea of Europe. So it's a really unfortunate thing that has come out of the Trump phenomenon.
Speaker 3: Dad.
Speaker 1: It's not something I think that you could have predicted ten years ago. You know, maybe you could have been not with any certain people. It didn't seem like it had to be that way.
Speaker 2: And Trump elects Supreme Court judges who uh, you know, make a judgment for birth Rice his scitorzenship. So what was he actually achieved in terms of his national populist agenda. I mean that his rhetorica has been become more and more disgusting, more and more threatening.
Speaker 3: You know, he threatened the end end end, the civilization of Persia.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know how he addressed it, but Persian civilization, Iran or whatever, just just disgusting stuff. And you know, because he always made these threats and backtracks, he became known as attack president. But in time, in terms of Europe, and you know how Europe is, you know, stands to lose out of this adventurism is the lack of fuel making it to European shores now, so if you go through the numbers of what's happened in the last five months, the Strait is responsible for about twenty percent of global crude. The closure hasn't been always strictly enforced. There was the MoU period where activity went up quite a lot, and friendlies have been being allowed through. And also the back up pipeline that goes through the Red Sea has been carried about five million barrels a day. But you can reasonably oh, also there were rumors of transponders being turned off and the American Navy escorting ships out. But it's a little unclear, but we can reasonably assume that two hundred and fifty million to three hundred million barrels have been lost per month. So you know, that puts us you know, maybe one and a half billion barrels lost. There doesn't seem to be an end in sight now. The the midpoint for when this might be concluded on polymarket is in late December, so that would that would put us up to something.
Speaker 3: Like three billion barrels lost.
Speaker 2: And also things have got worse because the hoofies of you know, shut bab El Mandeb yamboo has been hit. So in terms of you know, crude supply. You know, that's severely restricted. And before the war started we had about seven and a half billion barrels globally above ground on tankers in strategic reserve, and we might be in a situation where half of that has been lost by the end of the year. And you can't just take the strategic reserve to zero. There is a point where you can't take any more out and twenty percent has to be left permanently in those reserves. So by spring next year we could literally be running dry. And that's not to mention the refinery problems. Ukraine has had a lot of success targeting Russian refineries. They've taken about taken out about forty percent of that capacity. They've recently hit the Black Sea, hit tankers, they've hit load you know, loading ports. They took out the Kazakh ability to export crew through the Black Sea, which goes to Europe. And because of ESG and environmental regulations, refinery capability has been shut down in America in Europe, so refined product, actual usable diesel, actual kerosene for flights, you know, that's in very short supply. Diesel has gone up fifty and jetfil has almost doubled, and you can only assume that's going to get worse. And you know, places in East Asia have been rational in their fuel use.
Speaker 3: China's been.
Speaker 2: You know, using the different techniques to lower their demand. But if this doesn't get resolved extremely quickly, you know the economic damage is going to you know, going to be extreme. You know, there's already spikes and inflation. Central banks are having to raise rates, The bond market is starting to run away in a lot of places. The UK bond market has had a torrid time this year because you know, not only as the City of London dependent, but the the fuel price inflation. There's food inflation because of the growing season that got missed and all the fertilizer, and you know, from every perspective, this is just complete strategic defeat, a complete idiocy. And you know the tale of Netanyahu and his liquid nicks waving the American doc and bad times ahead. But the public hasn't really gripped with this because the media has been so quiet about it, and people don't really know how supply chains work. So I strongly expect that fuel will be very elevated next year. These reserves will presumably have to be rebuilt and supply can't meet demand. I mean we're told by these energy agencies that demand has peaked, and China's electrifying and everyone's electric cars means demand has peaked. I don't think that's true. We just had record aviation flights in the last week. You know, everywhere around the world wants fuel. And the environmentalism of the last ten or twenty years, I think people have started to believe believe in it.
Speaker 3: More than they should, and.
Speaker 2: There's a disconnect here and the economic damage is going to be sore.
Speaker 3: Well, what do you.
Speaker 1: Think then just to finish up will be the end of the conflict itself. I mean it's very hard to say, but like, especially since the breakdown to MU, it seems like there's so many steps between where we are and where they need to go to have some lice and agreement and trust has broken down so much, especially among the Iranians, and really nothing the Trump administration has done since coming to power has done anything that would that would help on that front. So, like, what is the walk down here? Because either it's it's an escalation trap that's unwinnable for the US, which Trump has shown some hesitance toward you know, he's he's always said that he didn't want to preside over a damage in war or an economic catastrophe, and it seems clear that he knows the connections there with the Rand War Bass and what he said about the MoU. You saw with the MoU he was willing to basically acknowledge, like, we have to do this because the oil is running out. But then it also seemed clear that that was just basically to buy them time. But yeah, I mean, there are at least signs that Trump isn't just determined to win or take the whole world down with him, that he's willing to walk back. But I guess what is the off ramp there.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'm not sure, because the Iranians want compensation. They've been disrespected in a monumental way. You know, there was talk about a three hundred billion dollar payment, and you know, the cope was that, you know, the Gulf countries are going to pay for it, but I think it ended up emerging that America was, you know, on the hook for it, but the Israelis aren't going to accept that. I don't know what the walkdown is. I think America will have to settle because the rest of the world is going to blame them for causing this. People want, you know, the business always rules. You know, money needs to be made, and if it's not settled, then the global economy is going to break down. So I guess there will have to be some kind of step down by the Americans, and Trump will probably have to cover up how much of a disaster it has been as best he can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we didn't even cover half of what we were thinking about on this topic. And of course, you know, if we start talking about the way the other geopolitical conflicts, most notably Reshure cranefort into this, and how that's going to affect all of all of this and the economic consequences, it becomes an even more bleak picture. And then there's the fact that the US economy is so much popped up by the eyebubble and how that feeds into it. And when you start combining all of these things together you get a potentially very bleak picture. But yeah, that's all for now. Thanks for tuning in everyone. Take care,