Speaker 1: It's night with Dan Ray. I'm telling you easy Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, I want to talk about the big news story out of Washington today, and this the ten o'clock hour and even perhaps to midnight, talk about what's going on. We're going to go through a very historic transition of power from the Biden administration to the second Trump administration has never been well, it's been done once before, in the ninth late in the nineteenth century. We've talked about that, and so from a historical point of view, I mentioned my civics teacher, mister Daugherty of Boston Latin School back in the Dark Ages. He would he would really be thrilled to talk about this, and I'm thrilled to talk about it. And I know that there's a lot of passions, and passion is fine. We can have passionate conversation, either in favor or against the nominations that the President elect will put forward. But the nomination of Matt Gates was stunning when it was made. It was I guess I will call it an unforced error, an unforced political error. And Gates at least was smart enough, or maybe he was told to be too smart enough. And the president was smart enough to accept his withdrawal, Gates wrote today. Apparently the decision was made this morning, and Gates wrote today on social media, while the momentum was strong, yesterday he spent time visiting Republican senators, which is the first sign I think that he had big problems. He was accompanied by the Vice President elect Jdvans, of course, a senator up until you know the the end of this this term. He's a senator from from Ohio. But it almost looked to me like a duty that if I were JD. Vance, I would have said, Gee, isn't there someone else that could walk him around. I don't know what the truth is about these allegations against Gates, but they're pretty substantial. There have been people who have come out of the woodwork and look, it's a moot point now, because this is what Gates wrote today, Well, the momentum was strong. It is clear that my confirmation was unfairly becoming a distraction to the critical work of the Trump fans transition. He wrote on social media. There is no time to waste on a needlessly protracted Washington scuffle. Thus I'll be withdrawing my name from consideration of service. Attorney General Trump's DOJ must be in place and ready on day one. Well, we're still pretty far from day one. I mean, when you think about it, there are two full months to go before we get the January twentieth. Now, I will admit that, uh, eight years ago, Donald, when Donald Trump was putting his first administration together, he certainly wasn't this quick with his nominations. And many of his nominations, as far as I'm concerned, have been fine. Some of them are going to be a little controversial. The Robert F. Kennedy nomination to be a little bit will be controversial. But I think Kennedy gets through. Heag Chess, the defense guy Fox Weekend host, that could get through, or that could be the next one in trouble. I think Telsea Gabbart is going to get through. I hear all of these these allegations in these rumors, but former Democratic Congressman from Hawaii, so Gas is off the board. I thought initially that Gates might have been a sacrificial lamb, and that he was put out there to be the lightning rod, if you will, that all of the Democrats attention was focused on. Well, I think frankly, if he had stayed, that might have supported my belief. But he didn't stay, and he's out of there. And as a matter of fact, tonight, there is already a replacement nominee, Pam Bondy, who is a young similar in age to Gates, a young former attorney general in the state of Florida. So I don't think she has the baggage, if had whatsoever, that Matt Gates was carrying. But she is probably as ideological, politically and illegally as Gates is. If I had been an advisor to Donald Trump here, and I am not advisor Donald Trump, I would have said, what about someone like Trey GOUDI he seems to be enamored by Fox News personalities. I think Goudy would be an outstanding attorney general if you wanted it, or better. Yet, even John you, former assistant Attorney general who was an assistant a g during George Bush's term in office. You wrote the so called torture memos, you know, dealing with Guantanamo, So he would have been criticized. But he is a first rate intellect professor at UC Berkeley, brilliant, brilliant guy. So I just want to throw it out there, and let's start off with the conversation about Matt Gates. Are you surprised? I don't think anyone is going to tell me this stunned that Gates has withdrawn. But I'd love to hear what you think of some of the other nominees, whether you like them, are you concerned about them, or if you're opposed to them. These are the people that will surround Donald Trump. Normally, they're not. Normally a president picks a cabinet, which most people can't name three or four people in the cabinet. Over time, you get to know some of them, but initially you don't who are these people. Donald Trump has tended to name fairly highly recognizable people. I don't think that's an advantage necessarily, but that's his decision, and he clearly had in mind the people he wanted to surround himself with. So he is ready, and I suspect it's going to be an administration that will be ready to move in whatever direction he wants quickly on January twentieth. A lot of people are going to be pleased by it, and a lot of people are going to be probably appalled by it. And I don't care whether you're going to be pleased or palled. I'd love to know what you think about the cabinet nominees and is there does is does the Gates withdrawal? Does that end it? And do the others all get through? Or are there other members of the cabinet the nominees that you think won't get through? And I still want someone to explain to me what the thought process was behind nominating Matt Gates as Attorney General. If he was going to be a sacrificial lamb, he should not have withdrawn today. He should have been there for like a month so that they could really been on the sacrificial altar for a long time to take the focus off others, so that theory for me goes away. Six one seven two thirty six one seven nine thirty The Trump administration that we will live with for most of the next or the next four years. Cabinets do change, but the Trump administration is beginning to take shape. We have new departments, the Department of Government Deficiency, which is going to be a department that I think is going to end up with a lot of legal challenges to it, but it's going to be interesting and You are more than welcome to call and comment on any or all of it. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. We'll be right back on Nightside. Let's talk a little politics. Politics for the forty seventh president of the United States. I was convinced it was going to be a close election, and we're going to be arguing over whether or not who won. Did Harris win? Did Trump win? That whole series of conversations is off the table. Now. The question is how will Donald Trump govern? And will he be more effective? And more? Do I say to I dare say rational? Has he learned from his first term in office? I guess that's the That is the That's the kindest way I can phrase the question. You have the answers, give me a call, coming back on nights Side.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Way live from the Window World Night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: It's amazing when you realize that the election was just about two weeks ago, two weeks and two days, I guess, uh, And that already President elect Trump has nominated so many individuals. There are a bunch of positions that have not been nominated yet. Labor, Secretary, treasurer, Treasury, agriculture, Housing, those are all big, big departments. But he I think when you go through his group, uh, there's there's there's a lot of women, not a lot. Some some predominantly you know politicians, Uh, A few exceptions. There not a lot of minority representation, to be honest with you, and I think that is a weakness at this point that he needs to address because you want your cabinet and the people who surround you uh to look and reflect the people who supported you in the campaign. Uh. And so I'd just love to know. Look, look for some suggestions and some some nominations, and let's let's have a little bit of fun with it. Gonna started off with Mike and Beverly. Mike, what were you surprised by Gates withdrawing? I assume you weren't agree an exam how I good, sir? What's on your mind now much?
Speaker 3: I I I approve it. That's because the mysteriously that that that investigation, thanks somehow is our person got hacked the night before and leaked out. So that's how he with his thing today.
Speaker 2: Well, either way, either way, Mike, the problem was that this guy a whole bunch of allegations swirling around him. I realized that people in a court of law enjoy the presumption of innocence. However, however, the politics is not a court of law, and as a consequence, I I thought his selection was was a mistake from the beginning. I think of it as sort of the equivalent in tennis of an unforced error. I mean, did he not realize that this this was going to be a flashpoint? MATI?
Speaker 3: How how how many? I only heard Matt gage on one allegation? What the the drug one? And the and the and the and the woman situation? You're right, that's all I heard about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think but they were well they were They was talking about drug usage.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And there was also talking about under girls. Apparently there were two seventeen year old girls who had must have had some proof. I don't think these were people who were making up stories out of thin air. That they that they must have had some interaction with him, And I believe that there was some some evidence, some documents. I haven't read the the House report, but I don't think that report was going to clear him, is what I'm trying to say. And I just think that. I know, when you talk about cabinet officials, why would you nominate someone with a record like that. There are plenty of conservatives that he's nominated. I mean, his vice president is a conservative. He's got you know, he's got a borders ar who was really conservative, Tom Homan, his national security advisor, who's a currently congressman. You know, on and on and on. He's got a lot of conservatives. But Gates, who was a conservative. He was the guy that threw the monkey wrench into the Republican cong.
Speaker 3: The street.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, company, Yeah, so he was.
Speaker 2: He was kind of a bomb toss from from day one. I don't really know that you want you know what I would call a bomb tosser, you know, a metaphorical bomb tosser.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, But I just say that his new pactor, Pam bonnie FFEI as a really good pack. She's no joke. She is no joke. I know that.
Speaker 2: Okay, she'ld be a good pick. I would have suggested John you, I don't know if you know who you is, but not but not Y.
Speaker 3: But he he was a was his first administration. He was Pam was in Trump's the first administration.
Speaker 2: Right. But but I think that he could have been chosen as a you know, at a higher office metter of fact. I'm not sure that you was in his first administration.
Speaker 3: I don't believe Pam he was, Pam wash.
Speaker 2: You no, no, no, right. So she would have been at AL that would have been before she was Attorney General. I don't I don't know enough about all of these characters as to uh, she probably would have been at a lower level. I mean, an administration has hundreds thousands of people, if you will, working in and around the White House and the EO B.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I don't remember her Zach position. I remember that, you know. But just a suggestion, Dan, but not for tonight. But going forward, though, why can't we talk about mar Healey and Michelle Woo not giving up the illegals that are committing crimes in mass juseus and why we can't send them back and why are we still paying them and why she's just gas sighting the Master's people about that situation. That's my problem with it.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll get to all those issues. I mean, you know, there's only one issue or two issues we can a night. We've we've talked about it.
Speaker 3: Yea, I know that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Yeah, thank you for the suggestion. Thank you for the suggestion. We're open to all suggestions. Okay, I'm looking at them. I'm looking at Pam Bondi's bio. She was the Florida Attorney General from twenty eleven to twenty nineteen. I don't think she served within the Trump administration. She certainly knows Donald Trump, there's no question about that. And so she's now she is now the nominee. But I don't think she served in the in the first Trump administration.
Speaker 3: To be to be fun, you was something in that I can't remember. I heard about it earlier, but I can't remember right this minute, I can't remember. With the second I'm Jonathan Blank Sorr. I apologize, but yeah, that's all. But I think you watched some of good facts, you know. I mean, I think you know he's definitely going out very bold, wants this guy going right away. He very crowntive. He's not playing around this time. You know, he has a misspeare he did it the last term. This time he knows some more and about the whole What do you call it having more bilingual people? I guess you call it you know, he got the the ladies share. Is his house is secondary state or something like that. Now I can't think of her name. He was she was just played his Trump as campaign manager anyway. But yeah, I think he's got a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Again, Let's let's just leave it there. Uh. I think that he could do He should bring more people into his administration who represent different constituencies. That's That's all I'm suggesting is, hey, look what he has nominated so far. I think that there is there, there are options that he should exercise. Hey, Mike, hate to do this to you, but I'm flat out of time, right, No, I have a great night, good night, six point seven, ten thirty. You know, here's the thing, folks, I'm kind of a gatekeeper here, and when people throw information out on my show, I feel like I'm a goaltender and I'm trying to stop pucks. Sometimes there's no indication that I could just find that that Pam Bondi worked in the Trump administration. She served as the Attorney General in Florida from twenty eleven to twenty nineteen. What she did after she left the Attorney General's office, whether or not she served at a lower level position. Just don't throw stuff at me like you know it for sure, because it puts me in a position where I try to strive for some accuracy and you know, been people call up and just give me stuff that I'm not sure of my initial instant. I think I'm pretty good. Every once in a while I'm wrong and I'll find out, Oh yeah, Ganz, she did indeed, sir. But you know, give me a break here. I'm a one man person here. I don't have a producer sitting around the table with me, and it's distracting, and it also takes the conversation off in directions that I don't want to go. Okay, simple as that I want to make a recommendation as to topics we should cover. Sure, absolutely, it's ten thirty. I invite you to join me. This is our phone number. Talk radio, by the way, is not a spectator sport. The advantage of talk radio compared to watching television is you can talk to the television, but no one hears you. Okay, you can sit there and tell the talk the host of the talk show, well you're absolutely right, or you know, I disagree with you, don't, But you actually can express your opinions or whatever you want to say on this program where tens of thousands of people will hear what you have to say. That's the beauty of talk radio. It is not a spectator sport. You can participate, you can play. And that's why I give you the phone number. As frequently as I do. I'm always looking for new callers because sometimes I hear voices are the same. I'd like to hear new callers six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. And you don't have to agree with me. I don't want to run a talk show where you think that in order to get on the air, you have to agree with me. Okay, we can have conversations, spirited, passionate conversations in which we can disagree. Make it conversations, though we'll be right back. Those are Those are the rules of the world on Nightside. If they don't work for you, I'm sorry. I hope they do work for you. Feel free to join this conversation. Talking about Donald Trump's cabinet nominations so far, the Matsgates nomination was ill advised, ill considered, and a disaster. Uh And I think that. This is the first time that I can remember seeing Donald Trump quickly tried to correct a mistake. I'm sure that Matt Gates would have piled ahead with this, and that probably President Trump, through intermediaries said to him, she you know it's not going to work. Don't hold yourself out to this situation and be embarrassed. So jump on board. Back on Nightside. You have the numbers.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're on Night Side with Dan Ray on w Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: By the way, a couple of callers called in, which was which is great. I appreciate that. You're more than welcome to come on the air. By the way, Pim Bondi was briefly part of President Trump's impeachment team in twenty twenty. She had finished her term as an attorney general in the state of Florida. She was not part of his administration, folks, she was part of his impeachment team. And that was the point that I was trying to correct Mike from Beverly on. She then went on to head up the Center for Litigation at the American America First Policy So she is a Trump loyalist. As much of a loyalist as as Matt Gates and probably a better lawyer as a former attorney general, but she was not part of his administration, but she is now his second nominee for attorney general in his second administration. Let's go to Bill in Pennsylvania. Bill, welcome back. How are you, sir? Good?
Speaker 5: How you doing Dan good?
Speaker 2: I just think that Matt Gates thing was perfectly obvious, and whoever was advising President LEC. Trump on that did him no favors.
Speaker 5: No, you're right, you're right about that. And but it looks like this this BONDI lady will do good. Hey, I got a scoop for you from down here in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: All right, go ahead.
Speaker 5: It's just a matter of time before the Trump emissaries go out to western Pennsylvania and sit down with John Fetterman and his team and convince John to switch from Democrat to Republican.
Speaker 2: I think you're dreaming on that one. But well, if that happens, Bill, I fully expect you to call me and and take a huge victory lap. I don't. I don't think so. I think I think Fetterman is at his heart a genuine liberal, not quite a progressive, but I think he's a. He's a he's a diet in the world Democrat, and I think you got to respect him for that, and he won election. I think the better thing to watch is this, And what I'd like you to keep an eye on for me is this so called recount or recount in the the Casey re election campaign where Dave McCormick apparently has I don't know, was it a thirty thousand vote lead and there are.
Speaker 5: No case He conceded Dan, he conceded this evening.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that's great, Okay, that's just to put some of these things behind us is great. You know, his dad had been a Democratic senator before him, so he was sort of a sort of a family tradition to represent Pennsylvania in the US Senate. That's good to know. I had not seen that as yet. So that's a real piece of information that is helpful. So that settles the Senate, if I'm not mistaken. Fifty three Republicans and forty seven Democrats.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And the way that went down was kind of weird because Olber and Bucks County, Dan the commissioner over there, it was I.
Speaker 2: Saw that army, I saw the comments she made, which were bizarre She eventually apologized for them, but she basically said, hey, look all is fair in love, war and politics, and if I got to I got a cheat. I've got to cheat.
Speaker 5: After the State Supreme Court, okay ruled in Trump's favor about these you know, the signing and the ballots and the date and yeah, basically, well we're not going to do it like that in Bucks County.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, just unbelievable. Uh, I just don't understand how she she was an elected official, right, yeah.
Speaker 5: I think she was a commissioner. Commissioner.
Speaker 2: Believe that I'm not appointed. I hope that she either resigned. She's she's disgraceful. I mean, she's doing the same thing that Donald Trump was accused of not accepting the results. Trump was saying, look, votes have been suppressed or whatever, and it was he was proven wrong in all those court cases. This woman even wasn't getting that point. She was saying, I'm going to do whatever I have to do to make sure that the Democrat wins here in Pennsylvania by hook or by crook, with an emphasis on crook.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do a lot in the news, and uh now they're now they're all focused on Pete hagg sets Okay, yes, and I don't ask you. Here comes the me too movement. The me too movement is back.
Speaker 2: Dan, Well, they tend to be somewhat selective and where their concerns are. And uh oh, I I remember the Clinton years in the White House. I don't know the me too movement could could take. I think they made their point and I think most people realize that I don't know the circumstances in this headset thing. I've read it, and I've read that there was some sort of dalliance and that there was a payment made, and I don't know, it sounds it didn't sound to me like I guess the police out there did not bring charges. I don't know. I mean, these are.
Speaker 5: Right all my all my Democrat friends. Okay, whenever they whenever they mentioned something like that, I go, I go, yeah, they're saying, well, he paid he paid them off, he paid the lady off to uh, you know, non disclosure and that. And then I remember Paula Jones. You ever hear of Paula Jones eight hundred thousand bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I think that I think that Bill Clinton was ahead of his time where the me Too movement was a little late. I think he could have used the me Too movement and a number of circumstances.
Speaker 5: Uh, if they're really gonna I think maybe John Tenderman. But I guarantee you within the next six months, then there's gonna be there's gonna be some Democrats that joined the Republican Party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you know I had on tonight earlier, and I don't know if I would hope you remember Patrick Murphy, a former Democratic congress fro from Massachusetts. He's very concerned about veteran suicide. Had him on in the first hour, uh, one of our one of our four four guests during the first hour. I've seen him on TV before. I liked Murphy when he was in Congress, and I like him even more now he's out of Congress. But he's doing a lot to help veterans, you know, deal with issues which caused some of them to you know, he said something like one hundred and twenty thousand veterans you know that it's like twenty two a day who have committed suicide. That is an insane number that we can't take. What's that?
Speaker 5: Because I can I ask you a question? Yeah, go ahead, Hey, Now, I don't know if you had them on or not. Seth Molten, Okay, I keep saying I had Seth Moulton.
Speaker 2: On last week. I had Seth Molten on last week.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay. My question was this Now. I heard him say that he has two young, young daughters and he didn't want his young daughters playing sports against any men.
Speaker 2: Well, he said he didn't want to see them run over by some male who was, you know, participating in female sports. If you want to listen to what he had to say, I had him on a week ago tonight during the nine o'clock hour. So if you go to Nightside on demand you can listen. Just go to the nine o'clock hour from Thursday, November fourteenth. But yeah, he's I like Seth Moulton. Seth Seth did several tours in the Middle East. The Harvard guy was in ROTC at Harvard and served honorably in the Middle East and was a top advisor to General then General David Petraeus. A smart guy, really smart guy, and a very decent guy. And he took a lot of heat from the progressive wing of the Democratic Party for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he waited to go after the election to say that, right, he didn't say that before the election.
Speaker 2: We didn't say it before the election. But what he said was that it's issues like this which are costing his the Democratic Party, the support of you know, the middle class voters. I you know, again, if the Democrats had won the election, he probably wouldn't have said it, but he did say it, and he caught quite a bit of grief. Bill, I gotta let you run here because time is time slipping on me here.
Speaker 6: Thanks for calling in your crew up there.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks much, and keep keep calling. And also, if you want to go back and listen, it's there, just go to Night's You going to the computer.
Speaker 5: Well, I got to go up to my daughter's house. She does all that stuff up there.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just saying, you know, she can play Nightside on demand for you. You just roll it back and you go to last Thursday, November fourteenth, nine o'clock and you can listen to what he had to say. We had him on for half an hour. For the first thirty minutes of that hour.
Speaker 5: Okay, hey, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bill, appreciate your call.
Speaker 3: All r.
Speaker 2: I got to take a quick break here six two, five, four, ten thirty, six one seven, nine, three thirty. I'm looking to hear from you as to what you think about Donald Trump's cabinet pick so far. Some of them are controversial, but I think the only one that was doomed is the fellow who resigned today, Congressman, former Congressman Matt Gates. He may, by the way, be able to return to Congress, ironically, or maybe he said that it was his intention to leave Congress. But now the question is going to be what he had won his re election in November. So that's another issue now that comes up. So we'll always have issues to talk about, and I always want callers to express their opinion, whether they agree or disagree. Coming right back on Nightside, you have the number six one seven write him down six one seven both six one seven, two, five, four, ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Back on Nightside Now back to Dan ray Line from the window World.
Speaker 1: Night Side Studios on w b Z News Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones. Back to the phones we go, Brovo. Hope we got pronouncing that correctly. Brovo and Newton Brovo, welcome next on Nightside.
Speaker 6: Hi, Dan Brovo here longtime listener, second time.
Speaker 2: Caller, second time caller. Okay, Brovo, no applause, but appreciate you, appreciate your return appearance.
Speaker 6: What you're taking all this, it's it's been a while. It was when Hillary and Obama were fighting it out for the Democratic nomination.
Speaker 2: And well, if I'm correct on if I'm correct on that, Brovio, it would have been two thousand and eight, and this is right, it's two thousand So that's a mere sixteen years. Brovo. If you don't make the next call for sixteen years, I may not be here. Just be aware of that.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, you know, like I said, longtime listener. So I've been listening, I've been thank you, thank you taking it all in. I think you've got a pretty good perspective and that you know, uh talking about out just you know, delivering the facts and backing it up because I feel like, I mean, you you were around before the digital age and it was different, and you know, people kept their politics to themselves and their religion and we respected each other. But now, just like I hear a lot of callers in there, they sound like they still want to pick a fight, like they want to bring up all the soundbites that they've heard on TV and find fault and what's wrong with the system, rather than what's right with the system and how it can be better. Now, I think I'm just going to spiel for a minute. If that's okay.
Speaker 2: You learned it being staying away for sixteen years. You've earned it.
Speaker 6: I've built it's all built up. But I'm not angry. You know, I'm actually at a great place. And I feel like, you know, everybody who's talking about revenge and retribution, let's just call it. You know, you won the election fair and square. That's the retribution. That's the revenge. Okay, No one's going to be storming the capitals, and you know, let's now we need to make it work because we're in a Really this is the stuff I feared growing up, the Russians, the next door World War three. You know, I dodged the draft by two years. I was too young for the Vietnam War, and but that was part of my thinking growing up, like what am I going to do?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna By the way, Brovio, just factually, you didn't dodge the draft if you were not eligible, you simply weren't drafted. You didn't dodge the draft. The people who went to Canada and refused to serve, they dodge the draft. Don't put yourself in that category.
Speaker 6: If oh, I I no, thank you. I say it facetiously because it's like it felt like a bullet grazed my head, you know, and I feel like, you know, and seriously, I mean, this is nineteen sixty eight meets twenty twenty five again. You know, there's so many similarities with you know, presidents stepping down and vice president's running and Bobby Kennedy is back, and you know, but that was the time well you.
Speaker 2: Know, attempt either assassinations or attempted assassinations.
Speaker 6: That's right. And yet this time he dodged a bullet. He you know, he got hit. But yeah, I mean, think about what would have happened if he got hit, and this country would be in chaos. So in a way, and I look at Trump now, and he's smiling. He seems like a happy guy. You know, he's not like he's angry. And I think with the picks, especially Matt Gates, it's like the loyalists, who you know, will do anything, sell their souls whatever. Sure, Matt you're the guy, here's the job for you. Quit Congress. Matt's stepping down. Well, hey, Matt, sorry, I couldn't help you, and you helped me. But you know, I'm done now.
Speaker 3: He's moving on.
Speaker 6: I think he wants to weed out, like you said, drain the swamp, get rid of the radicals, and you know, come to a meeting place where people can get along. Because Trump could really be the uniter of both parties, you know, because he's well ironically, you.
Speaker 2: Know, his appeal to voting blocks that primarily were overwhelmingly democratic are still democratic. But he's made tremendous inroads, whether you like him or not, with Hispanic voters, Black voters, and I still want to look at I haven't done a real rundown. I believe that he came either pretty close to fifty to fifty or might have even won the female vote after all the stuff that we had heard. It's yeah, it's an amazing, you know return. And I hope that for the sake of all of us, he doesn't do something crazy. I hope that that it's a little bit more orderly this this time around.
Speaker 6: I hope so too. And that's why maybe he's just trying to like weed out the.
Speaker 2: I still couldn't figure out whether this was going to be the sacrificial lamp that would lamb, that would draw all the fire and the other folks would be able to get I don't know, Brabo, I need to get one more in here before the break. But do me a favor. You know, you make so much sense, and it took you sixteen years to come back. I need callers like you, Okay, I really mean them, Okay. In order to make this show work, I need people who are rational. The only thing worse than a than a sore loser is a bad winner. And your admonition to the Trump people to you know, take take the victory with grace and let's see if the president elect Trump can do something to make things better in the country for people. That's what we should be focused on.
Speaker 6: In my that's great, Dan, I love that.
Speaker 4: I'd love that.
Speaker 6: All right. I'll definitely talk.
Speaker 2: Soon, talk soon, and don't wait sixteen years, Brabo eggs.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I'm back in Boston, so I'm not in the time difference.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Bell, appreciate it so much. Have a great one. Good night, all right, good night, let me go, Bill Danvers. I'm going to get you in here under the wire before the day.
Speaker 4: And I like all the pecks, and actually I Pam BONDI was the one I was thinking about before he picked Gates, to be honest with you, because she's been in the Frenches and and you know she's she doesn't have as much flair as Gates, and she has an irritating.
Speaker 2: Dates has no flair. Gates has baggage, I know, but he yeah, well he says fire is you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, look what he did the speaker there, you know. But anyhow, and as far as the women vote, I want to say I'm ninety percent sure he lost women overall by seven points, which he lost to Hillary by fifteen. But he carried college educated women, but women, and he carried UH and she won African American women. So all together it was it was seven that he lost by, but he gained and was ahead with women with non college education. So that's what closed the gap. So that's why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'm going to get some of that during the break here. To be honest with you, Yeah, that I would. I would tell you. I would tell you that a lot of the National posters, the posters We used Dave Paleologus and John Zogby uh and Spencer, Kimball and Emerson. They were spot on. They were spot on. When that's that dumb pole out of Iowa come out and said that that Harris was leading forty seven to forty three. That would have been a poll if it came out in Massachusetts said that Trump was leading forty seven to forty three. It would have been just as ludicrous.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I think I'm almost suspicious to think that that was almost a suppression poll, you know what I mean type of thing.
Speaker 2: Of course it was. There's no question. And by the way, that pollster has now resigned from the newspaper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, there's no way. And and what did he when Iowa I was by fourteen points?
Speaker 2: I think right, No, he woned about ten ers. Well, the last I saw it was fifty five to forty five, which was to Kimball. So the posters that I bring to you, guys, are good posters, not people who are hacked posters, and they're trying to impact the election like this. I think her last name, I forget what her last name is. I don't even want to remember her last name. But that was a hack poll that obviously was badly flawed, and there was should have been a huge mayor copa.
Speaker 4: They're still still still count a few votes out on the West Coast. I look today, he's almost at seventy seven million, which, when you think about it, Dan, is a phenomenal situation. He improved by about two million votes from last time.
Speaker 2: Yet, yeah, yes, he did two million votes. There's a lot of votes. And Barack Obama in his second office now second term, which were consecutive, he went from sixty nine to sixty five million votes. So that's that's interesting as well. Bill, like I got a run, I'll get some breakdown numbers for you the other side. Thanks Man, talk to you soon, Sam and London there you stay right there. I'd like to talk about this till midnight. You decide, we're going to talk about If you don't want to light these lines up, we're going to go open lines six one seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, seven eight one nine three one excuse me, six one seven, nine three one ten thirty and six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty be right back on night. Side