Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. I thought you who's in the ring right now fighting for truth justice in the American way. It's our first guest, Dan Snowberger. He is superintendent of the Elizabeth School District, and they.
Speaker 2: Are fighting hard.
Speaker 1: They're fighting not only for the kids in their district, by extension kids everywhere. As the ACLU tries to force them to put books back on the shelves that we've been having excerpts quoted on this show, etc. That in my view, are obviously obscene and not the type of books that should be on school sholves. And they want a big round today in the intense circuit Court of Appeals. Let's go to Superintendent Snowburger. Welcome back to the Dan Caplis Show. How are you, sir?
Speaker 3: I'm doing well, Dan, Thank you. Yeah, we are definitely very pleased with the outcome today. We had a little step back yesterday at one o'clock yesterday afternoon, the local Denver judge issued a preliminary junction ordering those books be returned by five o'clock on Saturday. That was a very disappointing order because again she refused hearing that would have given the district a chance to actually present its facts and evidence in this case. Again, this judges, now we shoot a preliminary injunction twice without a hearing, which is a little concerning. But at eleven o'clock last night we filed an appeal with the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals and at ten fifteen this morning they issued us stay administrative stay not only on her order, but also on any further action on the part of that judge until they are able to hear this.
Speaker 2: Appeal.
Speaker 3: So we're pleased that this will now actually go beyond the local judge.
Speaker 1: Well, that is tremendous news to be able to get this stay. And as you know, Superintendent, so often these kind of issues, right, these type of issues require fights through multiple levels, as we talked about the other day on this show, you know, sometimes ending in the US Supreme Court, with the US Supreme Court taking a particular interest in cases out of Colorado these days, I think for obvious reasons and almost always that the Colorado plaintiff in your type of shoes prevails. So really appreciate you guys fighting this. How can people support the cause?
Speaker 3: You know, we definitely are working hard to keep this away from our school funding in our kids. So our Elizabeth School District dot org website has a link at the top. We also have a link a little further down on the page for folks to follow this. We have all of our motions and news information about this case a little further down on the page. So folks who are interested in following along, we encourage them to follow that side. But definitely appreciate any donations from folks who are willing to help us. Again, this is a David and Goliath story. We keep repeating that small district David did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my recollection too. I may have to go back and check that, but I hope and I think it's good to be David. Good to Dan.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate the opportunity. And again, this is great news for the children of Elizabeth, And as you said, this is an important case for children across the color right, across the nation. This is unser the law and we do believe this may end up in the spring court, and and if we have to take it there, we certainly are willing.
Speaker 2: To do so well. And I bet if you do, you'll win.
Speaker 1: Superintendent, thanks for the time, Thank you appreciate. Take care of that is our Superintendent. Dan Snowberger speaking of David and Goliath, I saw this yesterday and that just took a picture of it. I thought it was so great, says when God wanted to make a king out of David, he didn't bring him a crown.
Speaker 2: He brought him Goliath.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, right, Ryan, Yes, right, that makes perfect sense. We all need our Goliath and all great I think you look at virtually every great figure in American and world history and they had to overcome their Goliath. And now Elizabeth School District is facing theirs, and just admire them for fighting the way they are, But folks take a.
Speaker 2: Look at helping them out.
Speaker 1: It's an expensive process, but again a victory that needs to be one, and a victory that will benefit so many. But you have to come back to this question, young Ryan, why is the left so determined to sexualized kids? Why is the acl you so determined now to go to federal court and fight through every level they have to to try to force Little Elizabeth School District to keep these books on the shelves.
Speaker 4: It's a great question.
Speaker 5: I think it's a very complicated answer, and I would like to get doctor Rich Guggenheim on dan. He is the leader of gays against groomers here in Colorado. And I am closely affiliated with the log Cabin Republicans who are LGB.
Speaker 4: Pro Republican conservative.
Speaker 5: Voices in this state. And there is an issues not all trans people. I want to make sure to preface it with that, But there's a blurring of the lines when you talk about drag shows for.
Speaker 4: Kids and reading to them.
Speaker 5: And the great point that was made it might have been Alexa one of our textures, why don't they do this in nursing homes for old people?
Speaker 4: You know they got to be with kids. What are they doing with kids?
Speaker 5: And you know you and me both were fierce protectors of kids. They need our protection from these predatory behaviors. But there's this blurring of the lines between what's appropriate what's not. Wins appropriate to sexualize them. They can change their body function organs with surgery and hormones at a certain age, And there's only one explanation to your point, Dan.
Speaker 4: It's sexualizing them.
Speaker 5: And I think it's my opinion this is not a hot take that there are those who would want to add p to LGBTQ in the form of pedophilia predatory behavior on young children.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and that is not where I met my friend.
Speaker 5: But you don't believe there are people out there who want to sexualize should you said it yourself. They're sexualizing children, right, They're making it so they have agency over their own bodies to make sexual decisions.
Speaker 4: Why would they want to do that, Well, there are.
Speaker 1: Lots of bad reasons they would want to do that that stop short of they want to go have sex.
Speaker 2: With the kids.
Speaker 4: So that's what I'm injecting.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not right, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is this, I think there are a lot of bad motives, a lot of bad motives when it comes to this ongoing effort of the left. Now I'm saying the left politically. I'm not labeling gay people, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Labeling trans people.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that there are political actors out there on the left who are pursuing these these political agendas to try to sexualize kids. Now, let me finish this on it. Okay, they're pursuing this agenda as well. In it's kind of hand in hand to try to silence parents, to to criminal not only parents, counselors, others who would try to step in and protect the children and say no, Johnny, you're really Johnny, You're not Jane. And we've been talking about those bills. So I think there are lots of improper motives, including on the part I'm not labeling gay people are trans people, but political action types. I think there's a lot of recruitment going on. I think there's a lot of recruitment going on. I think this effort is also intended to subvert parental rights. It's intended to build a legalized form of censorship into society.
Speaker 2: So I think there are.
Speaker 1: Lots of bad motives behind all the things we're talking about. But I do not believe that the driving force motive is to legalize pedophilia.
Speaker 4: Two points to counter that.
Speaker 5: One, we had an audio clip not that long ago of a professor in Virginia I believe it was who kept using the term minor attracted person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're talking about a creep of pervertence.
Speaker 5: That's not an isolated the other one. Again, this is local, this is statewide in Colorado. George Brockler spoke to this. Why are the Democrats fighting so hard to reduce the punishment and sentences for those who rape children?
Speaker 2: Well, great question, that's a fair question.
Speaker 1: I believe that's because the Democratic Party in Colorado and the left that controls the Democratic Party nationwide is pro criminal in general. I think they are trying to protect criminals across the board, from first degree murder to rape, to child rape to all of that. I think that's the pro criminal thing we have going on in the Democratic Party. And it's obviously it's heinous. But do you really believe, Ryan, do you really believe that other than the straight pervert who latches onto the movement, and again that the movement has a lot of bad motives and I've laid some of those out, but other than the straight pervert, do you really believe that that part of the organized political effort, now we have been opposing right to sexualized kids, subvert parental rights, et cetera, is actually to legalize adult sex with children.
Speaker 5: The permissiveness that they are championing goes to your broader point, but I think it's a specific point as well. They are not as harsh or firm on punishment for child sex offenders, and they want to reduce those punishments. And like I said, it's a very important point and distinction you've made it. I've made it Rich Guggenheim gaze against groomers. The God is groomers. Why are they grooming? What are they grooming them?
Speaker 4: Forward?
Speaker 1: But this goes back to I do think now if you separate this out from from those who now wanted to be legal for adults to have sex with children. And my point is that is not the core of the movement right now that is behind all these awful bills. But as I've said, for some in the organized political movement, is their motive to recruit? Is their motive to get more kids to trans Is there?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I do think for some, and I'm talking about in the political movement, that is their motive. I think you're talking about a different motive there that I don't believe is a core part of that movement. Three out three seven, one, three, eight, two five five. Obviously love to get your take on that text.
Speaker 2: D A. N. Five, seven, seven, three nine, and.
Speaker 4: Now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcasting.
Speaker 1: Wow, I was going to play some sound, but I can't over that. Can't desecrate that song. One of the greatest songs in American history.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Ryan, and meaningful to you personal.
Speaker 1: Oh it is so and to so many people listening, right, but what a what a nice touch on and otherwise kind of Chicago like Friday afternoon. But the difference is it's going to be beautiful here shortly. We'll see the sun tomorrow. How about opening day for the Rockies? All day like that is brutal, Yeah, yeah, but it's still a day, right, so hopefully everybody out there is having fun. Yeah, and yeah, well we'll talk more about the Rockies. I am sure at the moment. So glad you're here. And President Trump coming out today and saying this is a great time to get rich and first caveat and I don't just say this, please take it too hard. Never take stock advice from me, Okay, never I've done fine. I'm just saying I don't want it on my conscience. Never ever ever do anything in the stock market, not that you would. I'm just saying this for my own peace of mind. But my goodness, just looking at this as a guy, I'm no market expert, but I take it seriously, right because I invest our Famili's money, and I obviously in consultation with my brilliant wife, but I take this stuff very seriously. And I look at this right now and I am so angry at myself because I was involved in a very important trial today. This is pre trial trial testimony. Sometimes a witness in this case, a doctor isn't going to be available, so you have to take their trial testimony before trial, you put it on videotape, and then you play it for the jury. And we did that today. So I was tied up in that and did not get to invest before the market's closed it too. So I'm kicking myself because if I had been free, you bet I would have. And because this is this is the craziest thing I've ever seen in my life, because what you've got, this is just my opinion, is you've got a media that is so anti Trump, right, and Trump has been on such a role they just can't they're ready to grasp onto anything to try to rip him. And so you know tariffs, now that's their excuse all this panic and they're driving so much panic selling right now and to me just as a guy, and I'm going to back it up with my own money. Again, I'm kicking myself that I didn't have the time today to do it before too, because I guarantee you, all of a sudden, you get too late in the day to day and the nastag's down about ten percent over the last two days.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, if I had been free, I would have done what for me would be significant, but a significant additional move into the market because wait, when you stop and think about it, I mean COVID, right. I did the same thing during COVID when the market crash during COVID. But that was a little bit scary because you couldn't be sure that what I thought was going to happen was going to happen. But I'm glad we did it because you saw the same kind of panic selling in COVID.
Speaker 2: And then I just sat there and.
Speaker 1: Thought, well, wait a second, it's got to come back, right, I mean, and then you just think it through.
Speaker 2: It's got to come back.
Speaker 1: So we made as a couple of very significant for us in our little world move then and We're well rewarded for it. Glad it did it. This to me is a more obvious no brainer, right because Trump's in control of it.
Speaker 4: COVID.
Speaker 1: COVID, the Communist Party of China kind of inflicted it on the world by not warning people once the outbreak occurred. Out of that lab now here, Trump's in control of this. Trump's in control is he could pull the tariffs any time. Does anybody really think Donald Trump is going to let the economy tank? And if you do, what would make you believe that? What would make you think that for a second? I would bet you this, Ryan, if we had subpoena power and we could put these people under oath, I would bet you that Chucky Schumer and Nancy Pelosi and all these howling at the moon Democrats, they're out there investing right now, They're putting money back in the market. Would be my guests, Well, I have no way to know, but it would be my guest, Well, you do.
Speaker 4: Have a way to know. Oh yeah, you have that way to know.
Speaker 5: You just named two out of the three who absolutely sang from the same hymnal on this issue back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yes, they did it. But here's Here's what I would point out.
Speaker 1: I would just guess that they're out putting money into the market right now totally because this is totally illogical right now, this panic selling because Trump is in control of it now. First of all, I think it's going to work in all the ways we described over the last few days. But if it's not working, he pulls the plug and then what happens to markets? They come right back up. So this, to me is is really illogical panic selling right now driven by a politically motivated media. Not entirely, I understand there's plenty of professional selling going on right now as well, but I just think it's a great buying opportunity.
Speaker 2: Please do not act on that. But I'm going to look.
Speaker 6: I think the President's doing the right thing. China has been taking advantage of us for two decades. They're stealing our intellectual property, which means stealing our good paying jobs. And I, frankly am closer on this issue, not on many but on this issue with President Trump than I was with President's Bush or Obama.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so now.
Speaker 4: I was twenty eighteen, by the way, yeah, right.
Speaker 1: Right, And obviously these problems have only gotten worse since and and so we'll be discussed kind of the broader terror fishing in more depth coming up in these other segments. But but my goodness, yeah, I just think as Trump's right, it's a great time to get rich, and everybody's got to make their own decision based on risk tolerance, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Three someone three eight.
Speaker 1: Two five five text d An five seven seven three nine Dan. Do you hear any appreciable outrage expressed by the OLGBT et cetera groups about sex with minor.
Speaker 2: Steve in Littleton?
Speaker 1: No, But but the reason for that is I don't think that's a front and center issue.
Speaker 2: So I'm not going to sit here and condemn.
Speaker 1: Any politician, any group, et cetera for not coming out and condemning sex with minors, because sex with minors is so obviously horrific and heinous and demonic that that nobody in the right mind could ever be expected to support it. So to me, and if you just joined the conversation, here's why we're off on this tangent because my good friend Ryan surprised me by saying that he believes a driving motive behind these awful radical trans bills that trumple parental rights and harm kids, et cetera, is a desire to have sex with children. I disagree with him on that. I think there are plenty of bad motives behind these bills. I don't believe that's one of them. So that's why we're having this conversation.
Speaker 5: Well, you're connecting dots here that you're only one dot away. Dan, you're asking the question. You're asking the question, why are they sexualizing kids?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, and I am giving good answers. I think your answer is unsupported and way too far.
Speaker 5: I think there is some there, And speaking to Steve's point on the text, yes, there is a group speaking out against that. They're called Gays Against Groomers and the log Cabin Republicans. They are speaking out against what he's asking.
Speaker 1: My only point is, aren't there plenty of obvious bad motives behind these horrible bills? I just think to take that next step and say that's a motive they actually want to have sex with the young children. Isn't enough to say they're trying to recruit, trample parental rights, etc.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Capitla Show.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Boy My Mom, was so wise.
Speaker 1: She taught us very young the key to happiness in life is to understand the true definition of rich, right, And for those who decide it means money, how many of those do you think end up happy versus those who get it right?
Speaker 2: Right? Hey, let's go to the VIP line.
Speaker 1: Welcome our friend, Representative ty Winter, whose assistant minority leader down at the legislature, which would explain all of the bumps and bruises on your head right now, my friend, it has to be like banging your head against the wall of the State Capitol like every day when.
Speaker 2: You show up. But God, love you for doing it. How you doing good?
Speaker 4: Brother?
Speaker 7: It's great to talk to you. And sometimes we equate it to a mixture of Groundhog Day and Rocky three. Up every morning and you fight, club or laying and then you get up and do it the next day all over again.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but thank god you and others are willing to do it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, every day there's something new and even more crazy out of that place.
Speaker 2: But what has you really going right now?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 7: Just the whole issue with Senate Bill three is the first thing that's going to kick it off. I mean, we spent over I mean, the House Republicans sor have been fighting tooth and nail on everything, but we spent over thirty hours between committees and floor work. We held them in nine hours, just in the stage of the beginning. I mean, we didn't need to get out of the committees to run amendments when of course we were done. So you know, we fought really hard on that. And we've been you know, drilling down in committees, trying to fight you know, censure, trying to fight being silence. You know, our motive is being impugned. You know, down here they just live off of emotions and feelings. Facts don't matter so much. So you know, we're fighting all of those things. But we don't mind being in the fight. And we appreciate all the thanks and the prayers, and just know that your House Republicans, we are in the fight and we will continue to fight until the last day, you know.
Speaker 2: Which brings us to I think a really key point.
Speaker 1: And I don't know why I'm quoting my late mom sat Mom so much today, but so many of these issues.
Speaker 2: Just call for it is.
Speaker 1: And I actually went back and I checked this to make sure I wasn't going to botch this because I'm not known as a biblical expert. But it is I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith. It isn't that I won the race, right, because all you can do in a situation like you're in right now is fight as hard as you can. And to me, that's more admirable than people in situations where they're just guaranteed to win, you know, as long as they can fog a mirror. They're in a political situation where they are guaranteed to win no matter what. I have more respect for the people like you who are fighting against these impossible odds. Yeah, we all want to win, right, I mean, you wouldn't be where you are, Nobody listening the show would be where they are if they didn't want to win, and if they weren't winners. But there's extra admiration for those in an impossible position like this who keep fighting.
Speaker 7: That's right. So every once in a while I wake up and I read Roosevelt's Man in the Arena. I think that that's also something that motivates me and is also important. MIGHT have a huge portrait of the saying in my office and there are days I have to come in here and recenter myself with that. And you know, at the end of the day, you know, all God asked us to do is to fight, because we all know we're going to win in the end. He isn't guarantee a win here, but we know in the end we win. So we show up every day and we fight. And that's the commitment we've made not only to the Republicans in Colorado, but the Independence and even the conservative Democrats that want us to fight for affordability, who want us to fight against crime and for safer streets, who want to fight for parental rights and to have them keep their hands off out of our pockets when it comes to Tabor. So we take up those fights every day. And you know, I just appreciate you, you know, talking about the quote that your mom used to use out of the Bible, because that's the stuff that really matters, sir. And when we have good people like you standing behind us, it makes this job a lot easier.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate you saying that.
Speaker 1: Obviously I have the easy job I just talked here, But the reality is that whether somebody I mean you and I happen to share a Christian faith. But whether somebody has that faith or they don't, everybody, I think, just knows that it's a basic obligation of being on this planet that you have to stand up to evil. And there is some evil, evil stuff, you know, coming out of the left in this legislative session. I don't mean the individuals are evil, but there's some evil stuff coming out. I mean this business yesterday trying to make it illegal for a dad to say to his son, Hey, no, you're really Johnny. You're not Jane, no matter what those teachers at school tell you, or a mom to say to her daughter, hey you're really Jane. You're not Johnny. You know, no matter what those people at school tell you, that's now going to be criminalized.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, and that's where it comes to the parental rights fight. I mean, they're always to the extreme on one end, and I mean parents can even take their kids through the process. I mean, I think that they think all parents are closed minds and parents love their kids. But if parents think their kids need to see the priest or a pastor, or if they want them to see a therapist and talk about the issues that these kids are facing. They totally shot that out. If your kid comes home and feels a certain way and you automatically just don't affirm the way they feel, your kids can be taken from you by the state. We're actually hearing that bill on seconds today and we fought for parental rights and we did all day. Unfortunately, we were rule fourteen today all four bills when we start. That means that they limited debate to two hours a piece per bill. So we started this morning, we gabbled in at nine o'clock. They rule fourteen to every bill. Right now, we're on the last bill as we speak, but we were only given two hours. And I mean, you've got twenty two legislators, Yeah, just on our side, and if everybody wants to speak, and then with them speaking, so then they're silencing the voices of our constitutions. Well, that's the unfortunate thing.
Speaker 2: But that just tells you you're right and they're wrong. Right.
Speaker 1: It's just like this garbage in committee where they come out and said, oh no, we're not going to confer with the stakeholders on this new bill that says in a custody fight, it's held against a parent if they tell their boys, really a boy, you know, they say, oh, no, you know, you don't confer with the KKK and civil rights legislation. So that kind of of hateful line garbage is just an admission by them that they can't win a discussion. They can't win an argument, right, they can't win a fair fight in the legislature. So all they can do is say, no, we're not going to engage in discussion because you're the KKK. When they sound like, you know, stupid little kids on a playground. But it's all because they know they can't win the argument.
Speaker 7: Well, you think they'd learned something from the last election cycle. I mean they were a little bit insulated and call Colorado and we did gain three seats back in the House, in the congressional seat. That's great, but they feel insulated and they can't look outside the borders of Colorado and see exactly what you said. The house of cards for that way of thinking is falling all over the nation. And I think that we're going to get to that point in Colorado. I mean, you look at today. We are going to spend from nine in the morning till seven o'clock tonight debating these which we need to have our side heard for our constituents. When we could have been working on affordability, we could have been working on safety, we could have been working on lowering taxes, we could have working about making our streets safer. But that isn't what they're about. There's no money for them to spend this year, so they're just bringing a social agenda. And basically what this is, this is anti Trump language all the time. They don't like Trump, and they're going to make Republicans pay in the state House with some of the most egregious bills that we've seen through here in my three years here. So you know, it's a knee jerk reaction for them, and I just don't think they realize where they're sitting, because I think in the next election cycle, if the people of Colorado that want to save the state get out and vote and vote in force, we're going to be a formidable opponent.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the eight key across the state representative time winner our guest is that people vote their faith. I don't mean Catholics voting for Catholics or anything like that. I just mean people voting for the core principles of their faith. And voting for people who will reflect those in the type of policies they enact. If that happened across Colorado, this thing would flip overnight.
Speaker 2: That's why I.
Speaker 1: Remember when Jared Paulus, the day after he won the governor's office the first time, came out and said people have to keep their faith out of the public square because he knew if people vote consistent with their faith, the left loses.
Speaker 7: That's right, and those are the values that we need to talk about when we're talking to the general public, and we're speaking from the well to the people of Colorado. Is believe it or not, I believe the Republican Party in this House is more aligned with people than they think. And I think more and more people are starting to see the attacks on the nuclear family, parental rights, I mean, their ability to make a living. So I think that the message that we're speaking outside of this building is starting to resonate with people. We see a huge up tick on our social media. Hired everybody to go to the House, Republicans on Facebook, on x all of those platforms, sign up for our Mighty twenty two newsletter, go to our website. Because people are starting to see We've had numerous groups. I mean Representative Calwell just did an interview on the Daily Wire podcast. I mean that's huge. I mean we're being shared by influencers, lives of TikTok. I mean we have David Harris Junior. So like we're starting to get the word out where people are even calling and going, what the hell's going on in Colorado. So Fox News we're starting to hit some of the big news. So the more attention we can bring on the insanity in this building, not only the better it will be for Republicans and people with great values in this state. That'll be good for the electric because they're going to get to see what's going on.
Speaker 2: Amen, do that. Take keep fighting the good fight, my friend, and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Dad, have a good one. Brother, God bless America you too.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Representative Tie Winter fighting really really hard down there.
Speaker 2: And you see, Ryan, I know we.
Speaker 1: Have did this break but the latest and it ties right into this right Obviously, the Democrats in Colorado field are electorally bulletproof because the latest from them they dropped a late bill today. We'll talk about it when we come back, which will change Colorado law to further protect people here illegally. At the same time police is insisting we're not a sanctuary state. We're not a sanctuary state. And some of this stuff they want to do now is beyond mind blowing. You're on the dan Caplas.
Speaker 4: Show and now back to the Dankaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 8: We're the largest consumer market in the world, and yet the only thing we export as services, and we.
Speaker 2: Need to stop that.
Speaker 8: We need to get back to a time of country that can make things, and to do that we have to reset the global order of trade.
Speaker 2: And the other question, well, the.
Speaker 8: Worst thing is to leave it the way it is forever. I mean, this just can't continue. We can't continue to be a country that doesn't make things. We have to be able to make things to provide jobs for Americans.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 8: It's that's simple. China as an example, it's outrageous. I mean, they don't consume anything. All they do is export and flood and the store markets. In addition to all the tariffs and barriers they put in place.
Speaker 1: How does anybody argue with that logic at least about the underlying problem?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: I understand that reasonable and smart people can disagree about the solution, but I think the two things that cannot be disagreed about reasonably are We've got an enormous problem in this country, starting with a national security problem, then a national health problem, and then a long term national economic health problem. And that is that we're not making stuff. We're not making stuff at anywhere near the level we need to. We're not making the stuff at anywhere near the level we need to that this nation needs to live and to function day in and day out. What We're just going to sit here and just just be confident that China and the rest of the world isn't going to turn off the spigot I mean, or that there isn't going to be another pandemic or some other kind of disaster which interrupts those supply mean I mean, no, I really admire Trump for having the guts to stand up and be willing to endure political pain in order to try to change this course that we're on now. In the end, well, tariffs have been proven to be the right move or not, I'm not certain, but I know the status quo isn't And who from either party has had the courage before to be willing to try to change that status quo. But this market thing. I want to get to the phone lines and again, please do the opposite of anything I suggest on stocks. And I'll never suggest anything on stocks. I'll just tell you what I do. And I look at this right now, and I think this is utter madness panic selling.
Speaker 2: I understand institutional investors.
Speaker 1: They've got their algorithms and they've got to sell here and they've got to sell there. I'm not saying any of that's crazy. I'm just saying when you look at this Trump hating media, which sees this chance now to hammer them, and they're so gleefully helping the market drops, so they run all these panic stories and then you have all these hard working people go out there and l in a panic moment. It's madness, right because unlike COVID, which created a great buying opportunity, and I'm grateful we were able to take advantage of that, but but here Trump's in control. COVID there was limited control. Trump's in control here. He could change course at any time. So why would anybody be sitting here thinking that that that Wait a second, this market isn't going to come back up. Let's go to Mike the Millennial, probably a ninety year old guy, but I love the spirit.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show. Welcome Mike.
Speaker 9: No, Dan, you don't remember me. I've called into your show many.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you you are Mike the Millennial.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I thought it was an imposter.
Speaker 9: No, no, unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Now do you go buy that on X two? Are you actually Mike the Millennial?
Speaker 9: Well, it's funny, you know, I've I've listened to talk radio for a lot of my life. I called and used to call into the Jimbo Hannan show before he died, and also Coast to Coast am George Nori over on KOA. But that's kind of what they usually call me on when I call in. But anyways, No, it's good to talk to you again, Dan, and you know, thank you. It's always for your very thoughtful assessments on every show you do. And I just had a quick comment about tarriffs at orright and so yeah. So yesterday Chuck Grassley did something pretty astonishing. He joined with Democrat Maria Cantwell introduce introducing a bill giving Congress the power to stop any and all of Trump's tarots. The measure which was introduced Thursday, would limit the president's power to impose tarriffs. It would require the president to notify Congress within forty eight hours of such an imposition, and the bill also would allow Congress to end any tariff at any time. And you know, I think it's significant because you know, we've seen I think the four other Republican senators join in the issue of tariffs on camp to go with the Democrats. But I think this is significant because this is the first time we've seen an actual Republican senator join a Democrat in introducing a bill to essentially oppose Trump's wishes, right, And I think also, you know, part of what Trump is thinking is going to happen is that all of these countries are going to line up to come to Washington to renegotiate the price of you know, goods that they're selling to the United States. I don't know if that's the reality or not. And so the ends have to justify the means, right, because people are obviously losing money. But now Jones obviously tanked from over forty thousand to into the thirties. So you know, Trump was saying that the last month's jobs report says, it's all working, it's all great, But I don't know if that's going to be enough to justify the continuing tariffs in the long term. Now, Trump is kind of a negotiator, right, He's a businessman, so he wants to negotiate. But I just you know, he tries to force respect all these countries, and you have to realize respect is earned, it's not just getting well you willy willy.
Speaker 1: But eminem, let me jump in here for a second there, in terms of trying to force respect, No, what Trump is trying to do.
Speaker 2: Is to use the might of the United States of.
Speaker 1: America, to use the leverage, because it's easy to forget at times, right, might because of the way the Democrats in their media arm have tried to portray things that we are the greatest country in the history of the world. The economic might of the US is unsurpassed. So as long as we're willing to use that ethically and within the bounds of the law, there is an awful lot that can be accomplished to level the playing field. Now, your excellent point about Chuck Grassley Ran Paul, who I also respect. Seeing these tariffs are disaster. I think This just comes back to a key point, Mike, and that is that any kind of bold move to try to stop this country from going off a cliff is going to run some risk, and it's certainly going to involve some at least short term pain. And there are a lot of people politically who just aren't willing to risk that. Yet the GOP could get wiped out in the midterms if this play doesn't work. So I get the concerns out there, but we know status quo won't work, and Trump's in control here.
Speaker 2: This is going to work somehow, sometime