Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 2: It is time now for our community can action right here on K one, the one you trust, and it's a thirty three and joining us from Eldercare. Jennifer Ennis, how are you, Oh, a wonderful time?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: Well? You know what, it's a beautiful day today, and you know it always is about this time of year. I mean, just love the fall. But you know something, we've got some great things coming up here because we're Halloween's past, Thanksgiving coming, Christmas is on the way, and we've got tons going on. First things first, there are folks who are entering Medicare, maybe some for the first time, others get need a refresher on this. But Eldercare provides great services by appointment to kind of.
Speaker 1: Clear the clutter.
Speaker 3: We vision.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it can be so confusing for like you said, for those coming into medicare, those who have been on it for a while.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of information out there.
Speaker 4: You probably are getting a ton of if you're at that age, you're getting lots of emails or maybe you're getting physical mail, and so it can be confusing.
Speaker 3: So what we do is we always kind of make sure we have some staff on site that.
Speaker 4: Are trained and kind of understand the process and can answer some of those questions. And one of our things that we're doing right now is Medicare party appointments, and so that can be confusing for some people and they're like, is this about my whole plan?
Speaker 3: What is this? What do you mean? And what we mean is your prescription drug plan.
Speaker 4: So open enrollment for that is always October fifteenth through December seventh, and so what everyone should do is say, hey, I need to go in and if I have a drug plan, I need to look at it and make sure it's.
Speaker 3: Still works for me.
Speaker 4: So every year, if hopefully it's not a surprise, insurance companies formularies are going to change, so what they're covering, how they're covering certain prescriptions are going to change, and what you may have had last.
Speaker 3: Year could be different with that company.
Speaker 4: And so it's important to say, Okay, here are all maybe the medications I'm on. Does that company I had last year still cover it the way it did?
Speaker 3: Has that changed?
Speaker 4: Is there a better option for me with moving to a different company? What would that look like? How does my out of pocket going to feel we're all a little worried about our pocketbook, and we're also worried about access and making sure we have what we need. And so you can call us and make an appointment to come see one of our counselors and we will help you go through your medication list, get it into the website and show you what your options are for the best coverage for your drug prescriptions for next year. And then if you say, hey, I love this, it's going to save you money or they're going to cover more than I was getting covered and you need to make a switch, we can kind of help you walk through what the how do you do that?
Speaker 3: How do you make that switch so.
Speaker 4: That you're ready to go when that period closes and you are are you know, set for twenty twenty five And so we always recommend get look at that every year because you will be surprised sometimes that maybe a prescription that was covered under a certain plan is not covered the next year or not covered at the same way that it was covered, and you may need to move in order to make sure that things you need.
Speaker 3: Are really your best option.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 4: Those costs nothing? Tom like no many to come th that they are free. There's just one stipulation, which is you can't walk in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to make an appointment.
Speaker 4: We would, and so those appointments happen on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so we have three.
Speaker 3: Days a week we can make you an appointment. All you have to do is give us a call.
Speaker 4: A launda at our front desk will take your information get you an appointment made. Then what we do is we send you out a packet in the mail to fill out, so you kind of have all that stuff ready to go when you come in.
Speaker 3: Makes a little easier.
Speaker 4: You can mail it back to us or bring it with you and then we sit down and answer all your questions.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you.
Speaker 3: So we do have appointments open still they fill it really quickly.
Speaker 1: So how do we get a hold of you there and a elder care?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can call us at nine one eight three, three six eight five zero zero.
Speaker 3: Doesn't mean you can stop by too if you want to. And so if you.
Speaker 4: Happen to be over at Walmart and you're like, hey, it's time to time to make that appointment, you can just drive right around the corner to twelve twenty three Swan Drive come walk in and want it and help you that way too, But we'd love to get appointments for you kind of help demystify some of the questions that you might have and what does this mean and how is it changing?
Speaker 3: And honestly, what is my what is my.
Speaker 4: Pocketbook going to look like next year with my prescriptions and can help you get a picture for what that might look like.
Speaker 2: Very good. We also have a thing that with a Daybreak. Now, Daybreak is a wonderful thing for folks who just really kind of hang out and have fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely so Daybreak it's our activity center for adults, so people come throughout the day to do all kinds of activities. They'll get breakfast, lunch, and a snack. We can help with medication, So if you come with us and you have medication you need for the day, we help administer that while you're there, so you don't have to worry that you're not going to be at home for what you might need. And so it's a wonderful program. In fact, I just have to kind of backtrack. We're gonna go back to the Halloween comment that you made. Okay, we decorated our entire building for Halloween and our Daybreak program won that decorating contest nice and it did a phenomenal job rating their entire hallway like the hocus Pocus movie, kind of from the beginning of it all the way to the end. And so those are the kind of things that kind of the cool kids.
Speaker 3: They are kind of the cool kids.
Speaker 4: We're trying really hard to all match up to the cool kids.
Speaker 3: But it's a really fun place to come.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, well, very good and Daybreak Services.
Speaker 2: Just make sure you go to the website about thecare dot com or give a call and you'll answer just any question you got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Tom, let me tell you about something that's going to happen over in Daybreak.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes you were. You kind of gave me a little bit of the secret, but we got to share with you.
Speaker 4: We do gotta have to share it with it. So, as you mentioned, it's a wonderful time of year. We've pollowing his past. Thanksgiving is coming, I'm ready for some turkey, but Christmas is going to be knocking on our door before before you know it. And sometimes are our Daybreak participants when they kind to us, we love to shower them and make sure that we all have this really wonderful holiday experience, and so our community will have an opportunity to kind.
Speaker 3: Of come in and be Santas Helper with us.
Speaker 4: And what this means is in our lobby starting on the eleven, so that should be Monday, there's gonna be a table out and it's gonna have some stockings, and with those stockings is kind of a list of suggested things to purchase to fill that stocking full of goodies. And so that stocking could have socks, maybe.
Speaker 3: It's got puzzle games.
Speaker 4: Maybe you're talking about some slippers or some gloves, just some things. We're gonna give some ideas of what you could maybe put in this shop. And the goal is to kind of come in, take a stocking, fill it full, bring it back to us, and then we're going to use those as gifts for our participants in Daybreak and some of our other clients who you know, we think we can lift some spirits year, and so we're just gonna encourage you, if you'd like to be sant As a little Helper this year, to come buy our building, check out our stockings, pick one up, fill it.
Speaker 3: Up with some goodies.
Speaker 4: So we provide that stocking for you. You don't have to try and go find a stocking or anything.
Speaker 1: Remember the walmarts right around the card.
Speaker 4: There is and there's lots of wonderful small businesses in town.
Speaker 1: Visit them too, Visit them.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, when you look at the suggested goodie idea, it is just a suggestion. But like cocoa packets or stress balls or fun little treats, do you know how many small businesses have those delicious maybe some nuts or chap cloths. They have wonderful little gift things that maybe you kind of peruse around and you're like, hey, it's not on the list, but this would be really really great.
Speaker 3: And so idea starters, Idea starters. That's absolutely true.
Speaker 4: And then we just asked that if you take a stocking for one of our our little our being a scant As Helper, that you get it back to us by December, and that gives us time to kind of get it all organized make sure that we can deliver before Christmas.
Speaker 3: But we're really excited.
Speaker 4: We've we've had some really wonderful community support where we've had years where people drop off gloves and hats and all kinds of things for our participants in clients, and so this year we're just kind of focusing in a little bit so give some more suggestions and kind of make it a little easier because we get some calls and say, how can we help? Is there something we can do? And so if you want to be seeing as helper, we encourage you to come on by or give us a call.
Speaker 3: Again. That's nine pin eight three three six eight five zero zero, and we.
Speaker 4: Got to walk you through that process and come Monday you can pick up us stocking and make someone's spirits fright.
Speaker 1: Very good, very good.
Speaker 2: Well, I tell you one thing that's going to be a spirit brightener is a blitzen Bingo that's coming up here.
Speaker 1: Tell us a little bit.
Speaker 3: About that glitzen Vingo.
Speaker 4: All right, So our goal is always to kind of think about how.
Speaker 3: We can connect with people. And so I don't know, some of.
Speaker 4: Us have big families, some of us have lots of connections and lots of things.
Speaker 3: We know.
Speaker 4: What is going on in our holiday series is sometimes we're kind of looking for ways that we can be with our neighbors and be with our friends and family. And so blitz and Bingo is a fundraiser for elder care.
Speaker 3: So it is a fundraiser.
Speaker 4: We always like to say that you're going to help raise funds for our programs. But what you're gonna do is you'll purchase a ticket. That ticket's gonna include three Bingo cards and in those we're gonna play music bingo right here with the radio.
Speaker 1: Station all right right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, KYFM, and we're gonna stream holiday music bingo.
Speaker 1: Oh how fun is that? Yeah, this is gonna be a blast.
Speaker 3: It is gonna be a get the whole family.
Speaker 4: Get the whole family involved. You can do it from the comfort of your home. That way, Sunday evening, December eighth, at six o'clock.
Speaker 3: You don't have to go out anymore. You can put your slippers on.
Speaker 4: You can take a cup of cheer that comes with your Bingo card, and that's gonna be a cup of hot cocoa that we're providing for.
Speaker 3: You to enjoy during the event. You'll be able to get you in the mood. You're gonna sit there. You can tune your radio in to the right station.
Speaker 4: I know you guys have an app to listen to it, and just take two hours to slow down listen to some great Christmas music, have some fun, raise some money.
Speaker 3: For a great cause. Do you think people know what music bingo is?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, you're quite familiar with it. I always a lot of well, yeah, a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: So for those listeners who maybe don't know what it is is, We're not gonna call normal Bingo numbers.
Speaker 3: There's no there's no be nine coming your way.
Speaker 4: What we're gonna do is play fifteen twenty seconds of a holiday song and you're trying to guess what that song is, and if that song is on your Bingo card, that's how you market. So it's kind of a surprise a little bit. You have to know if you know the song. If you don't, you have to maybe google it or well it's one of those gaps.
Speaker 2: You have fun, you get to use the great matter and you help raise money for elder care and the whole thing is just fun.
Speaker 1: It is goes back to the basic it's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So we're just encouraging everyone, get your friends together, make a listening party at your home on a Sunday evening. Maybe you have a family member who you know won't be able to come over, you.
Speaker 3: Can do it. Simultaneously. You can do it.
Speaker 4: You get the cards, well, you purchase them, and then you're going to pick them up at Eldercare the week before the event. So the first week of December, you'll come by Eldercare and anything you purchase, we will have your name on it right there.
Speaker 3: You'll have it right there.
Speaker 4: There's gonna be rules inside of it, so you know, just in case you forgot how it works, you'll know how it works. You'll have kind of an idea of how the game's gonna work. And then you'll go home and just tune in on to say number eighth at six pm.
Speaker 1: Wow, that sounds great. Eldercare. How do we find you on the world Wide Web?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're gonna visit about eldercare dot org. You're gonna find out resources about all of our programs on there. You're gonna find a link to the Blitzen Bingo, and you can purchase tickets online. There are gonna be posters here around town. Shortly you can scan that QR code and purchase right online. You can also find our events calendar, extra resources.
Speaker 3: It's a great way to kind of get to know us.
Speaker 4: If you've never you don't know much about us, you can peruse our website again it's about Eldercare, so you can learn about Eldercare.
Speaker 3: I see what you did, we know exactly what we did.
Speaker 4: Or give us a call at nine one, eight three three six eight five zero zero.
Speaker 3: We're a very chatty bench.
Speaker 1: So it's good. It's all good.
Speaker 2: It is all good, Jennifer, thank you for coming in today, Thank you for sharing all this great information about Eldercare. Yeah, absolutely, what one thing before, really, folks, Eldercare is not a residential facility.
Speaker 1: Now, no, we do quite the opposite.
Speaker 3: We do so no one lives with us at elder Care.
Speaker 4: All of our services are targeted up making the aging process easier, and so we're there to support seniors and those who in that aging process for physical therapy. An adult day health center, so we say day center because you're just gonna come eight to five, you're not gonna neither. Every night we come into your home and we help in your home, whether it's through case management or housekeeping.
Speaker 3: And then our biggest thing is we provide resources.
Speaker 4: So it is that phone call to say I don't know where to start, or I don't know what I'm doing. Can you give give us some information and we'll talk with you and make sure that you know your questions are answered, or connect you to the resources you might need.
Speaker 2: If it's not us, very very good, Thank you Jennifer for coming in.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. Tom