Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner Clurk get them dives makes the cat backhand sign Dustin off that gold.
Speaker 2: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it. Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 3: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 4: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 2: Come get it.
Speaker 3: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 2: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 4: I got it?
Speaker 2: Best overall, Miss Dan Klass. Padres fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 5: Ring.
Speaker 4: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot. Welcome to Dodgers on Tap. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim kas Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Molrongo Casino, Dodgers on deg Hope you're well on this Wednesday night. Your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers twenty seven and fifteen on this season, first place atop the NL last bot just a half game lead over the Padres in the division. If you talk to the athletics, we're gonna come to town and just roll over for the Dodgers. You were mistaken last night and this series opener against the A's out of Dodger Stadium, the A's surprised a lot of people with a big win over the Blue Tonight, the Dodgers looked a punch back in the second game of this three game series. It's Star Wars Night out at the Ravine. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morago Casino. Dodgers on Deck, We're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. A big day for the Dodgers off the field. Top prospect Dalton Rushing called up from TRIPLEA Oklahoma City. Unfortunately that meant Austin Barnes designated it for assignment. More on that coming up throughout. Dodgers on Deck. David Vas say, we'll join us. We got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sport at La in a just a few minutes, we'll check in with Tim Nefert and Jose Mota out at the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth. Well, last night, it was a sweet homecoming for one player.
Speaker 2: A long night though for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Landing knack up to start, the Dodger right hander win four and two third innings, gave him five runs on seven hits while striking out eight. Nac though got into trouble in the third, giving up a two run home run to Jacob Wilson at a Thousand Oaks High School Athletics. Up two to nothing in the bottom of the ending, though, the Dodgers got back one of those runs as Jacob Wilson had a defensive missque.
Speaker 6: Two oh ground ball to short Taylor's gonna come in and Wilson makes an Era full ball roll right up his arm. Mookie is safe and the Dodgers get on the board.
Speaker 3: It's two to one.
Speaker 1: An air from the shortstop Jacob Wilson on the ground ball for Mookie bets Chris Taylor scored and the Dodgers were down two to one. However, in the fifth, again Jacob Wilson at one thousand Oaks High School with a big blast and his return to la Hey.
Speaker 6: It was big League ready broke camp with the club this year. There goes the runner from first. This Baul swung on it hammered tape to the center field way back.
Speaker 3: It goes and it is.
Speaker 6: Gone, and Jacob Wilson has hit another two run home run. It is now four to one Athletics. Can you believe this kid?
Speaker 1: The second two run home run of the game for Jacob Wilson. Top tier play of the game brought to you by ARCO Quality, top tier gas for less as the Athletics had a four to one lead, later in the inning of the eighth with a two run double from Lawrence Butler to take a six to one lead.
Speaker 2: After that it was pretty much over.
Speaker 1: The Athletics added two more in the seventh, one in the eighth, and then two more runs of the ninth off Miguel Rojas, who was pitching for the Dodgers. Athletics win eleven to one. What a homecoming for twenty three year old Jacob Wilson. Four for five, had four RBI, two home runs, his eighth multi hit game in his last twelve Jeffrey Springs, when seven Indians allowed one run on six hits to get the win for the Athletics. The Dodgers offense didn't do more much, however. Michael CONFORDO will Smith combined to go six for eight. The rest of the Dodgers had to combine two hits. Dodgers also zero for twelve with runners in scoring position. With the loss, Dodgers now twenty seven to fifteen, but tonight a chance to turn things around. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount in game two of this three game set, and with more head out to the Galpi Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Nevern and Jose Mota, guys, Thank.
Speaker 3: You, Tim.
Speaker 6: Beautiful night at Dodgers Stadium once again, Game two of this three game set. Dodgers and the Athletics, well, it was a different outcome than I think a lot of people expected last night, eleven to one in favor of the Athletics. They earned their nickname the swing and A's because that's all they did, especially in the first pitch, and a lot of opposite field hits too from right handed hitters. The's have proven that they can swing.
Speaker 7: The bats, swing the bats. They're smart about making decisions down the first pitch too, because it's not just going out there and saying I don't want to fall behind. And against Landam nag they sold the fastball working out pretty early, and then they found out that he went to a different pattern. But they're like, make sure if he swing first pitch, it's going to be a control swing in your zone. And beyond that, tim every swing was not a pulse swing. I mean they took first pitch swings going the other way up the middle. A very well thought out plan overall from him and first pitch. They hit three fifty eight as a team, and they have now hit twelve home runs on first pitch.
Speaker 5: That tells you everything you need to know.
Speaker 6: Five home runs for the A's last night, the most they've had in a single game this year. Jacob Wilson, the Thousand Oaks product, had his best game as a big leaguer, four for five with a pair of two run home runs. He is the son of former major league shortstop Jack Wilson, and he got the hit gene.
Speaker 7: He's one of those guys and you got to go out there and change the patterns on how he pitched him, There's no doubt in my mind he saw fastball first pitch on nac early and then second time he's looking for that slider and he hung it and made him pay a big price, But he's one of those guys that throwback puts ball in play as of Velosa is out the window, and who cares about that? Right longsangle just out the door? Who cares about that too? But just a complete player and obviously working more than the defensive side. And they're a team that he is the anchor of that short stop position and also the infia, but also a team that you have to pressure more on the defensive side because they have their issues catching the baseball, you.
Speaker 6: Know, So you get the feeling tonight's gonna be a little different for one reason. Otani, Betts, and Freeman were all over last night. It's only the second time this year where all three did not get a hit in the same game.
Speaker 5: All right with you?
Speaker 7: You paw has to that all for thirteen, shohe Molki, Freddy and Ony Paie has and Dodgers met in scoring position in absence all for twelve. They're swinging out of the zone way too often. But as we'd look at probabilities and percentages, we know and then they're gonna make this kid earn it here tonight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just math.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: So Gunnar Hogland and his third major league start. It's been pretty good so far. It's been drafted number one twice, or he should say, in the first round twice. But Gunnar Hogland won to Ero in his third Major league starting. The first guy he'll face will be Sho He Tony.
Speaker 7: Shoho Tommy, I see what he pissed about. This guy can figure out and pitch backwards. That's one thing that he does. And one thing is for sure. He throws a lot of strikes.
Speaker 6: So it'll be Yoshinobu Yamamoto pitching for the Dodgers tonight. Record is four and three, but in a recent MLB dot com poll about the Cy Young Award, he ended up getting twenty two of the thirty seven first place votes, far and away more than anybody else.
Speaker 3: The next closest had four votes.
Speaker 7: You gotta look at so many things with Yoshi and the way he attacks is his zone, and all those numbers now'll tell you that you can win a say Young winning thirteen games.
Speaker 5: We saw with you know, guys.
Speaker 7: Like Corbyn Burns winning not with Layela. Games we saw with Phillip Hernandez. We saw with Jacob Degram. So I'm not surprised that, you know, looking at the numbers inside of the damage that you know, he's done two batters and beyond that, now he's Abitington under two runs of support per nine innings. And think about how much good, how much better you have to pitch just in order to keep your team in the game, knowing that you're not getting a little the us to work with.
Speaker 6: And I'm burying the lead today too with the Austin Barnes now DFA. There's been a lot of talk about that already tonight Dalton rushing, he'll start tomorrow. He'll make his first start with the Dodgers tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Exciting. I mean, you know, haven't been around here for a long time. I've seen so many Dodgers come up through the years with hard decisions have had to be made about players that we're here for a long time. Austin Barrs, no doubt what he did here quite valuable. Put a lot of weight on that developmental pitchers, catchers and all things like that. But it's the future moving forward. Wish all the very best to Austin bars. But now we'll see a kid that has done a lot of homework, especially the way he was putting the spot in spring training. They had to recite so many things about how he would pitch guys, how he would catch guys, which proudny he will take. So the homework's been done, the numbers were there, and the time is now full. Dalton Russian All.
Speaker 6: Right, Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Gunner Hoagland, Dodgers and A's game too, Jim.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your GameDay meal on it. Shakey's Beizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's beats? A chicken at Mojo's right now at Shakey's dot Com. Coming up here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll check in with our Dodger insider David Vatse. We'll dive deeper into this pitchy matchup. The latest on Dalton Rushing getting called up, Austin Barnes designated for assignment. But up next your O Tani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Athletics on Star Wars Night Out at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 2: First bitch coming up at seven ten. I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 1: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunter on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Athletics.
Speaker 1: Game two of this three game interleague series Star Wars Night Out at Dodgers Stadium. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Gunner Hoagland the pitchy matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 1: Well no highlights from show A last night. He was zero for three with a walk. The Dodgers offense really struggled last night, just two hits outside of Will Smith and Michael Conforto for the Dodgers lineup show Hey, Otani's over, snapping his nine game hitting streak.
Speaker 2: Otani now hitting three h two on this season.
Speaker 4: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 1: Hey Kearson now joins us from the stadium. A big day for the Dodgers. Dalton Rushing gets called up. I'm old enough to remember when Lebron James had the decision when he announced he was going to Miami to win not one, not two, not three, but four championships. But today a decision for the Dodgers had to be made, and it did.
Speaker 8: First of all, did you do you don't think I was old enough for that either. I remember when he said he's taking his talents in South Beach.
Speaker 2: You just go listening. You know you are a younger. No, you're right, I got you though.
Speaker 8: But when it comes to yes, today a lot happened. So first of course, the news Austin Barnes be DFA and Austin Barnes has been a huge guy in his clubhouse, this organization final out of the World Series. There are so many big moments that include him. And also just he's a guy. He he brings a different kind of fire, especially when it comes to October, kind of similar to a Keik Hernandez where he is a gamer. I even remember just there have been conversations of you know, if he had to build out your you're starting five on a basketball team playing Kershaw and many other.
Speaker 4: Guys would be like Austin.
Speaker 8: Barnes because he gonna go for some He's going for ankles and knees like he was a fighter till the end. So for you know, this his time with the Dodgers becoming to an end right now. It's it's a tough one. It's a tough spilled pill to swallow. It's it's hard to say goodbye, especially because he is such a great guy in the clubhouse and just a great guy in general.
Speaker 4: So that was obviously unfortunate news.
Speaker 8: Now with that, there is the very exciting news of Dalton Rushing the top prospect of the Dodge for him finally getting his chance, and to get that chance as a catcher. You know, he is a player who we've seen him in Triple A. They've kind of in the and in the miners, moving him around, whether it's in left field, playing a little bit of first. In spring training he was primarily playing some first of course, with Freddie Freeman working back from that ankle injury. So for him to have this opportunity for the organization to say we are believing in you. You have put in a lot of hard work. He's obviously the bat is huge. So for him now to get this opportunity and not just to step in for an il Stint or to step in for you know, a quick little ten to fifteen day stint here. He's stepping in as the backup catcher of the Los Angeles Dodgers. So the organization is saying, we believe in you and we want you to be a part of this future. And so for Dalton, he is he's obviously very excited. He got the call late last night and he just wants to contribute. So Dave said, he'll be behind the plate tomorrow. Maybe he'll be out there in a pinch hit situation tonight or so, I guess if things got out of hand in this one, but it seems like we'll be watching him make that big major league debut tomorrow. So very excited for him.
Speaker 1: Like the old Boys to Men's song, it's hard to say goodbye to yesterday. We say goodbye to Austin Bars, but we welcome in Dalton Rushing the new shiny toy for the Dodgers behind the plate, Kirsten, we appreciate what check with you after the game still to come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We will hear from James Altman, We'll check in with David bes say, we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Athletics on this Wednesday night. It's Star Wars Night and the Force be with you. First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Katson. This is the World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying, yes, it is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Maroango Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Wednesday night, Dodgers and the Athletics Wrong Go Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Yoshi Yamamoto and Gunner Hoagland the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 1: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Evan Phillips on the IL with the sore right forearm. Tiascar Hernandez on the IL with the left growing strain, Tommy Edmund sore right ankle. Both working their way backs very close. Tyler Glass now on the I L with the shoulder inflammation. He's going to start throwing here shortly. Blake Snell waiting for good news on the left shoulder swords so he can start his throwing program again. Clayton Kershaw, We're all waiting for the return for the future Hall of Famer, which comes on Saturday nights. All right, A busy day off the field for the Dodgers. Austin Barnes designated for assignment Dalton Rushing the top prospect called up from Triple A Oklahoma City. Let's head back out to Dodger Stadium here for the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 5: Anything else?
Speaker 3: Questions for Dave, Dave? Can you you just described Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 4: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 9: This was certainly a tough conversation. Austin is a Dodger for life. He helped us win a championship, caught the lost last pitch in twenty twenty in the World Series, and he's done a lot of great things in the community for the Dodgers, for myself personally, and I just think that for us right now, with what Dalton Russian is doing on the performance side, it's an opportunity to challenge him, expand his growth, give him an opportunity to log some major league games and essentially give him some runway.
Speaker 3: How much is as much about Dalton as is about Will sit and just how the past seven years worn down and the offense discussion has gone down In said of the thought by a set as Piers was on the cash you want to.
Speaker 9: See, Yeah, it's more, it's driven. It's a combo, I would say, Dave. I think that I think if you've seen how I've managed Will this year, it's been a little bit on the conservative side, and I think that there is some part of it where I want to make sure I keep him fresh and wanting for more as the season goes on. And then I see some runway for a backup catcher, and I think that, like I said, Dalton's earned this opportunity.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: That's the manager.
Speaker 1: Dave Roberts covering a lot of topics on this Wednesday night leading up the first pitch. As we continue here on Wronggo Casino Dodgers on deck, We'll catch up with David Vase from Dodgers Stadium as we lead up to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Athletics.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kats and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tach on your home for the Blue All Season Law Law.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and Athletics, Yoshinobo Yamamoto and Gunner Hobland. The pitching matchup on this Wednesday night, game two of this three games set.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up.
Speaker 4: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 4: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 1: All right, DV the Big News today, Dalton rushing up Austin Barnes. DFAD Why now why cut ties with Austin Barnes?
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, that's the question a lot of people are asking in that Dodger clubhouse. And Dave Roberts said during his press conference earlier today that this was not something that Dodgers had been discussing for weeks or the last month. This is something that really stood out to them recently, and it kind of points towards that last road trip, especially the last game Barnes cot in Arizona, where he couldn't even get the ball to second base and he threw to second base when the runner wasn't stealing. So it kind of points to the throwing issues that Austin Barnes has had going back to the last three years, but certainly even more noticeable this season to begin it. And look, I'm gonna say this right now, the way Barnes was throwing was not normal. I'm not gonna say he just stopped being able to throw to second base. It feels like there was something physical that he wasn't willing to concede, and it was evident he only threw out two of the seventeen base runners that tried to steal against him this year, and in the last three years he only threw out fifteen of the one hundred and forty one base runners. So I mean, he's a major league player. He can throw. There's got to be something more to it. But the Dodgers just didn't have the luxury of time to wait for that to correct itself, and they needed to give Will Smith more days off, and the time was right for Dalton rushing.
Speaker 1: Dana's driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, its choices, find yours. With the Ford F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this market will be called the F one fifty. David Dalton rushing. We've been hearing his name for the last couple of years, twenty twenty two, drafted out of Louisville, and now h's his time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's been patient, He's been a great teammate even in the minor leagues, and certainly the game is rewarding his hard work and his patience and dedication on trying to become a better player. Even though he's been hyped up quite a bit, he never let it get to his head and certainly a guy that is very excited to be here with the Dodgers. And he spoke to us earlier today in the Dodger Dugout about how he received the news he was getting the call to the big leagues.
Speaker 10: It was a it was a different one for sure. About one am last night, I was almost I was almost a sleep. I was about to put my phone down, stet my alarm, and yeah, I got a call from our manager. Manager beat around the bush for a minute, and then uh, he got to the news and basically like, hey, you need to start packing. So yeah, I got got straight to packing, and uh, it was a quick turnaround.
Speaker 3: With how well you played last year and the way you've played to start this season. How much did you have to fight against being impatient for your opportunity.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's I feel like we've talked about this a couple of times, and it's like, you just understand who you're with, You understand the situation. You understand not not really who you're competing against. I mean, you get to I get to play with these guys now, you know. It's just I guess I understand the situation a little bit and continue to play because I mean, essentially, that's that's what I want to do. I want to come here, I want to play every day. I want to play as much as I can. If I'm in the minor leagues, I still just want to play. That's the biggest thing. Like we enjoy playing, you know, and it's not as much of where you're playing. Yeah it helps when you're playing in the middle of Los Angeles, but yeah, I just want to play.
Speaker 3: And Dalton Rushing will play. Dave Roberts also announced that Rushing will start behind the plate for the Dodgers tomorrow night, and you never know, he may even catch Clayton Kershaw. On Saturday, he caught when of Kershaw's rehabs starts, so they had that familiarity with each other, tim, So that's a great sign. And also the fact that the Dodgers have committed to him as a catcher. They were moving him around the last year to left field, to first base, but he really relishes being a catcher, and he talked about the fact that he is very pleased the Dodgers gave him the endorsement to be a starting catcher or a catcher at the big league level. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, it's a boost of confidence for sure, and it shows you that they believe in your skill. And I think that's pretty special coming from an organization having a guy like Will behind the plate every day. Obviously Will had a starting point and they believed in Will in twenty nineteen. And kind of thinking the same way here as I've said it in spring training. It's my jobs to show up here and one help the team win, but two just make his job as easy as possible, you know, and like he's gonna make my job easy. But it's also there's there's a helping hand that I can give to make his job easy as well.
Speaker 3: All right, that's Dalton Rushing. He spoke to us earlier in the dugout. He is going to start and make his first major league start tomorrow night here at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 1: David, great stuff. Appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Celebrate ninety years of horse Santa Needa Park every Friday through Sunday with millions of payouts every race day.
Speaker 2: Find out more.
Speaker 1: It's Santa Anita dot Com Slash events still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, David, We'll be back with James Outman. We'll dive deeper into this pitch matchup. But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment. It'll go anywhere. Dodgers Athletics first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kase's the world champion in Los Angeles. Dodgers Audio Network you.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Athletics in an interleague series. Game two of this three game set coming up. Yoshi Yamamoto and Gunner Hoagland the pitching matchup. First pitch on this Star Wars Night from the Ravine coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: Without a dog who wants a hot coun It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment pitch Magical presented by hawpe hot tis Well.
Speaker 1: With the Dodgers taking on the Athletics, we go back to Game two of the nineteen eighty eight World Series. A rested Oral Hersheiser went the distance for the Dodgers, allowing just three singles, all three by Dave Parker. The Dodgers got to Oakland starter Storm Davis with a five run third inning, capped off by Mike Marshall on too.
Speaker 4: Deefield back cost part on the track at the wrong come on the no ball to strike count, he hits it out.
Speaker 6: Remember I said that he's one of the guys when he's.
Speaker 2: In the crew.
Speaker 5: You got two strikes, you're.
Speaker 1: In the hall, but you.
Speaker 2: Don't know what he's hun to cow.
Speaker 3: He's that kind of a hitter, certainly undisciplined, but still very impressive.
Speaker 6: And he just burns the up to the talk about riding an elevator. He strikes out in the first inning to the basement, goes to the pehouse with.
Speaker 4: A three run home run.
Speaker 1: Mike Marshall a three run home run part of a five run third inning for the Dodgers, that included RBI singles from Franklin Stubbs and Mickey Hatcher. Dodgers beat the A's six to nothing to win Game two of the nineteen eighty eight World Series and take a two to zero series lead. The Dodgers would win it all in five games. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfey hot Dogs, Local and so great. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with Jose Moda for Lean You Up to Dodgers and Athletics. I'm Tim Kats and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all Season law.
Speaker 1: Lean you Up to Dodgers and Athletics on this Wednesday night, Game two of this three game set. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Gunner Hoagland the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven to ten. Let's head back out to Dodger Stadium. Now standing by with David Vase. He's on the call tonight with Tim Nevert Jose Mota.
Speaker 3: Guys, Yeah, Jose Mota filling in for Rick Monday. He'll return next week when the Diamondbacks are in town. And Jose the big news of the day, Dalton Rushing called up and we'll make us major league debut as a starter tomorrow night.
Speaker 7: Well, the more I found out about Dalton and his call up, the more I see that the time was right for him to come up. It comes a time where you figure out for a young player to come and contribute. You see him checking some boxes. Remember his spring training. One thing he shared with me was the depression that he felt in the morning meetings because there are times where he had to recite sequences and pitches, what he would call against which team, which pitcher, and all those things were just serve as maturation process, serve as a guy that needed to learn more about not just hitting and watching video about hitting, about calling pitches. And he responded with the bat. He hits the ball extremely hard, got a nice short swing. He went down there with a mission of just getting better, and he got better as a player, and here he is.
Speaker 3: It's like many years and.
Speaker 7: Generations of Dodgers, which thankfully I've been here for him so blessed with that. I've seen these happen in clubhouses where he a very popular player, all of a sudden, let's guess, let go. And but you know, because you're doing the right thing. You're bringing a young player that specially contributed most of the times is worked out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, today's not. It's kind of a bittersweet day for a lot of guys in that clubhouse considering how popular and how long.
Speaker 7: Austin Barnes had been in that clubhouse. If you think about Austin Barnes and you never think about what he was hitting, You always think about presence. You only think about who he helped and become a better pitcher, a better teammate, a better communicator, and a guy that will take in personally when things didn't go well.
Speaker 3: He didn't block them off.
Speaker 7: We know that there's some challenges now on the way the games have been played in the stolen basis for him with his generation right. And beyond that is the relationship and understanding that with young pitchers and they come up. He always made sure that they understood that beyond your stuff and personality is relates to your catcher and make sure that they understand your soft spots, your good spots, but make made a lot of guys better by the way he received baseballs, And it is tough. I'm just kind of reminding me a little bit of a Jason Hayward last year. Yeah, when he was let go and Chris Taylor beat activated.
Speaker 3: That club was stunned up even before that twenty sixteen when the Dodgers abruptly traded aj Ellis, who was the fabric of the team. So this is not the first time that club ass has been shaken.
Speaker 7: It's always tough, and I think anytime we talk about baseball business and the business of baseball, we think about money, dollars and cents.
Speaker 5: Is not that way all the time.
Speaker 7: It's also about decisions you have to make where you think it is the right one to make at the right time for a young player to come up, and you got to go and look beyond that. It's knowing that you're not the last team to do it, you know the first team to do it. And certainly you always gauge yourself thinking that the player you brought up is going to be exposed to the big league pitching and big league environment to get better himself, to learn because it's going to be a learning process about how the game's played, how fast it happens, and the fact that catching here is much different than catching the model leagues. All right, really quickly, before we back out of here tonight, Yamamoto coming off one of it his worst performances of the season in Arizona, how does he get back on track with Will Smith catching three pitches that he missed in Arizona on the wall, the hit batsman, then the fastball ride down the pipe on Moreno, that's it pretty much, but the narrative of five day rest, get it out of here, because last year on five days rest, he was five and one a two point nine ERA, So that's out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you for reminding us about both things. It was one inning, that fourth inning that did him in and even some believe he was trying to protect his era pitching a little bit too fine. Maybe now he'll just let it fly, let it fly, all right, Jose, thanks a lot for checking in. We'll talk to you later in the show as Jose will be on the call with Tim Never tonight from Dodgers Stadium. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim All right, Thank you DV. Thank you Jose. That's the Dodgers game plan.
Speaker 1: You've got a game plan, right, Dodger fans, how about starting your future to California Community College. Financial aid's available to help you with the tuition, the books, and yeah, sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 2: It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 1: Waiting for classes can fill quickly, so enrolled today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come Here on Maronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: We got your keys to the game.
Speaker 1: But up next we go Hi and tight leading you up to Dodgers and Athletics first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kakes's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Athletics on this Wednesday night, game two of this three game set, Dodger will looking to shake off last night after getting beat eleven to one. Yoshinobu Yamamoto Gunner Hoagland. The pitching matchup first pitch set for seven ten you're ready to live that Zenchy sweet life. Here's your shot at an unforgettable night in LA for two premium sweet tickets to a game complete with gourmet food, drinks, and preferred parking.
Speaker 2: It's so easy to sign up.
Speaker 1: Just head to the Zench Sushi counter you're the deli at any participating Rause grocery store and scan the QR code. Just enter for your chance to win this once in a lifetime Zench sweet Life again. Find a zen Sheet counter inside your local participating Rause grocery store. Sign up by scanning the QR code. It's free to do so. You can find out more details at ai seventy la sports dot com. Zensch Sweet Life with Zench Sushi, fast, fresh and easy and now what.
Speaker 4: Will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This this high and tight.
Speaker 3: We're with the birthday boy and tonight's starting center fielder, James Outman. Happy birthday, out Man. You really played it cool today.
Speaker 5: Thank you? Yeah, trying to keep it a secret. I like it.
Speaker 3: You're not like these other guys that like to promote their birthdays. Two weeks in advance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I I don't know. I forgot it was coming up.
Speaker 3: To be honest, you forgot your own birthday.
Speaker 5: No, I know my own birthday, but I was like, oh, shoot, it's three or whatever it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know you got a brand new baby or a brand new father. You're married. So how do birthdays? How do birthdays rank these days?
Speaker 11: It's good, you know, you just want to spend time with your family and see your daughter, hold your daughter.
Speaker 5: So they're still good. They're different.
Speaker 3: You know, you're a young father, and a lot of guys that became a father later in their careers say it gave him better perspective in baseball. Do you feel, even at this stage of your career, having a brand new baby girl is giving you perspective on baseball?
Speaker 5: For sure?
Speaker 11: You know it makes the It makes the oh for four is easier to handle. When you go home and see your daughter smiling at you, there's nothing better than that, So I would say so for sure.
Speaker 3: You've been up here now for a little more than a week. What's it like for you this time around?
Speaker 5: It's great. This clubhouse is amazing.
Speaker 11: First of all, your first look, Yeah, first look, first look, it's like a little city in here. But but yeah, no, it's it's uh still Dodger baseball.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Can you take us into the new clubhouse and new batting cages. What are the biggest improvements that stood out to you.
Speaker 11: The biggest improvement is that there's two lanes to hit it now, so it's it's less clogged up at times. But yeah, I mean there's tons of technology and they're very similar to the lab in Arizona, a lot of the same technology.
Speaker 3: Speaking of technology, we've heard these teams, including the Dodgers, having these big screen simulators where you could see that night's pitcher or even Randy Johnson show up and throw their pitch. Is that weird? Does it help? What's been your experience with it?
Speaker 5: I think it's good.
Speaker 11: It's obviously not like the real thing, but I think it's as close as you can get right now.
Speaker 5: But it's they're they're unbelievable things.
Speaker 11: It's it's just good to work on, you know, your timing with whoever the pitcher is, or just pitch shapes and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Have you even considered facing like one of the pictures you grew up watching.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 11: If we have them on there, because I don't know if we had all the the yeah, the track mandate or whatever, so but no, I have not.
Speaker 3: Maybe you should tap in to see if you could face Kershaw.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well I had face Kershaw on some line that bad as before, so I'd rather face the real Kershaw than animated Kershaw.
Speaker 3: And you also played behind Kershaw on this latest rehab stint, right, yes, well, what should we expect? Can you give us a scouting report on this version?
Speaker 5: It looks good.
Speaker 11: Clayton Kershaw is Clayton Kershaw. You know, he's one of the best to ever do it, so you know it's always fun playing behind him. He's a smart pitcher, obviously works efficiently and those strikes.
Speaker 3: James Outman, the birthday boy, is our guest. All right, when you get out there in center field again, obviously you've had experience at the major league level, You've had a lot of success. How much does visualizing that success come into play for you? Now A lot was a deep question, now man, very deep.
Speaker 5: A lot.
Speaker 11: You know you're you're always trying to visualize that day, you know, visualize your at bats, visualized defense, stuff like that. This outfield is one of my favorite outfields to play, So I'm excited to get out there and and track some balls down.
Speaker 3: All right. One of the new young guys got called up today, Dalton Rushing. You obviously played with him at Oklahoma City. What's made him special?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 11: He's just a competitive player, works hard, tough player, and it's really good.
Speaker 3: He seems to understand like Austin Barnes did the Picture Catcher relationship really well?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, I honestly I can't speak too much about that because I'm so far away.
Speaker 5: I'm probably the.
Speaker 11: Furtherest guy away from all that, but but yeah, I know, I can definitely tell you he works his butt off and he wants to improve.
Speaker 5: In every area of his game.
Speaker 3: He's got a very creepy must.
Speaker 11: I haven't noticed. Sometimes they'll grow it out from time to time, but I think he rocks.
Speaker 3: It well, altman. If it wasn't for me, there's a couple of things you wouldn't know today. Number one, your birthday. Number two, that Dalton Rushing's here, and that he's got a mustache. Where would you be? Do you know that you're starting tonight in center field?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, I knew Dalton was here. I just I didn't I didn't get a glimpse of his mustache.
Speaker 3: But if you know it was your birthday before you saw me.
Speaker 11: I didn't know it was my birthday. I just I think you were more fired up about it than I was, to be honest, but.
Speaker 3: Fired up for your birthday.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You're a great guy. Everybody loves Tarzan. Thanks a lot for the time. I got a birthday gift for you. You know you what it is, right. I just don't do interviews. I'm not a taker. I share you with the people. And I also have a pair of Cannon's world best polarized sunglasses for you.
Speaker 5: Out mean awesome. Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Hey, did you know Cannon's lenses are clear, lighter and stronger than other lenses, and are nearly impossible to scratch. Visit Canaan dot com for your pair. Altman Scott one for his birthday. Happy birthday. Let's get some birthday hits and a birthday win today.
Speaker 5: Let's do it. Damn.
Speaker 3: There he is James Outman, my new pupil. I'm his new life coach. We just discovered that today. Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: There he is the man James outman. Tim, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you.
Speaker 1: DV Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. On your way home, getting ready to listen to the game. Already at home, need dinner for the family.
Speaker 2: Was game night? It's Group Knight, It's shakys dot Com.
Speaker 1: Lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Athletics up next. We'll dive deeper to this pitchy match up. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on your home birth LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Athletics, Game two of this three game interleague series.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at seven ten, and.
Speaker 4: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: Present about your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard in play hard at a new Tacoma with an I Force turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today, they make it easy. Gunner Hogland on the mound one and oh at the two thirty eight ERA twenty five year old right hander, former first round pick in twenty twenty one out of Ole Miss by the Blue Jays part of the Matt Chapman deal in twenty twenty two. He was called up just a few weeks ago after six starts and trip Plea where he was really good. He made a start against the Marlins last time out, five and a third innings against the Mariners that have no decision with three strikeouts. This is first time facing the Dodgers. Yoshinobu Yamamoto goes for the Blue four and three. One eighty E R Ray twenty six year old right hander has been really good outside of last time out in Arizona. Five innings, five runs, six hits, four strikeouts, got roughed up in a loss to the Diamondbacks. Making his ninth start Tonight's it's Yo Shinobu Yamamoto, Gunner Hoagland, Dodgers Athletics. We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 2: Key to the game.
Speaker 1: Our next I'm Tim kats Is. The world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck WO on your home for the Blue All Season Law Good.
Speaker 1: Law Dodgers and Athletics, Game two of this three game series. Dodgers looking to bounce back after losing the series opener last night, looking to jump start this offense tonight as well after an eleven to one loss. When the Boys in Blue playing at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, create and maintain defensible space starting at your house. Clear vegetation to your fencing property line or if space allows, up to one hundred feet from your home. Ensure combustible items like firewood or located at least thirty feet away from your home. Remove vegetation or debris from your roof, fence, windows, decks, and gun. For more tips like this and to find out more, visit fire dot CA dot GUB.
Speaker 11: All.
Speaker 1: Right, let's have back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Tip Neveret, Jose Mote, Guys.
Speaker 6: Jim, thanks again, we're getting you ready for the first pitch tonight between the A's and the Dodger is Yoshinobu Yama Moto will throw it one eight his era, and most pitchers would be pretty happy with that, but it was ninety much lower than that before his last start.
Speaker 7: It was and you know, I heard the talk about the five days rests and pitching with that, but last season it was not an issue at all five days rests. Last season for Yama Molto, he was five and one with a two point ninety seven eleven starts, not the once a week deal. And now he's got to go out there and just not allow the first man to get on. He is not a guy that's going to be walking guys, but he was hurt by a walk for a hit bastment. And for Yamma Malta today is also paying attention to what the ads do against first pitches. He's been quite good about that, and first pitches at least at the average is way below.
Speaker 5: Major league abbage. It's three third team uh five for sixteen.
Speaker 7: But yeah, Momota has done a very good job to him fighting down bottle of lineups, which last night here was quite active too.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers would like him to go at least six innings tonight. Gunnar Hogland is mound opponent making his third major league start in this one. It's the Dodgers and a's coming up from Dodger Stadium too, all.
Speaker 2: Right, first pitches next, don't forget afterwards.
Speaker 1: David Massey's got you covered with all the postgame, including Dodger Talk. It's Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers to look to bounce back to night Game two of this three game set. Dodgers Athletics enjoyed everybody. I'm Tim Katsis, the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network