Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to be with anybody else before Game one of the NLCS, A proud new papa, and also a guy that has been a big part of the Dodger bullpen so far in October and this regular season, the one and only Blake Trining.
Speaker 2: I'm not lying. This is how I feel.
Speaker 3: I'm grateful for the nice introduction you just gave me, But can you be authentic one time?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? That's how I feel?
Speaker 4: Not one other person in this world you'd rather talk to right now?
Speaker 1: Well, I got a hug for Mookie Bets and now I'd rather talk to you right now.
Speaker 3: See the moments on it. The real person wants to talk to people's mookie Bets. But don't we all be You all have to settle for me.
Speaker 4: We'll make it work.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, you were a hard man to find. After that clinching victory, everybody wanted a piece of Blake trying.
Speaker 4: No, they didn't. I was. I was trying. I was trying to be out here with my friends and family.
Speaker 2: I saw you on National TV.
Speaker 4: Maybe don't I don't know what this? Hey? What questions you got? Let's go, Dan? What do you got? I'm I'm glad I'm here with you. Let's go. Let's it's a hot take. All right, this a serious five minute question. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Since you are a football fan, you always hear about group beings of football teams, special teams off defense. Is there such a thing as that on a baseball team? Is the bullpen a different like group of the rest of the team that embodies everything else? I mean, it feels like you guys are different down there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's units. You know.
Speaker 3: It's like I kind of view it as like you know, the military, there's different branches and we're all pulling on the same rope and going to war for the same common goal. So you know, we're our own unit in the bullpen, but we're still pulling the same string as like our position players and our starting pitchers. So you probably can say there's your core three yea.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know. I don't know if guys who come off the.
Speaker 3: Bench on a regular basis versus you know, everyday starters, if they're the ones that are kind of viewed as like the bullpen of the dugout or.
Speaker 4: I don't know how they view it, but like I just viewed it all as.
Speaker 3: Like offense, and then we've got our starting pitchers and us and we all just collectively try to pull together, but we have our own things we need to focus on so that we can be the best version of ourselves.
Speaker 2: How would you describe that group of relievers?
Speaker 4: Dogs? Dogs?
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of dogs, a bunch of dogs. So yeah, trying to be loud there, nos yeatly, we're a bunch of warriors down there.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: We've had a lot of guys that have gone through some stuff throughout the year. Obviously, there's no perfect stretch or very seldom is there a perfect stretch of a full season for a picture. I think Vessie is probably the closest that we had this year, but everybody else has picked each other up. Hudson, what he did this year, coming back from you know, two knee injuries over the last year and a half or two years really since twenty two, right, so, and having the year where he posted and put up sixty plus appearances and innings, and Evan, you know, being Evan, you know he's been he faces the heart of the lineup every time he's out there and does such great things for us, swinging miss stuff, and can't be a comfortable at bat and then Banda, Banda being a great, a great acquisition for us, and you know learning learning a new slider here is really taken off in his ability and lively. Arm is obviously speaks for itself and when's accomplished this year with us too. So having all those guys, you know, I got to speak about Brazier. We We've got some old guys down that have been around Brazier, Joe Kelly, but it's been it hasn't been like a consistent unit when it comes to faces all year.
Speaker 4: There's been guys who have gone through some stuff.
Speaker 3: Have myself included where you know I was, I was away for a short period of time. There was you know, Joe's going through some stuff and then you know, Brazier went through some stuff. Evan went through some stuff, Bando went through some stuff. You know, Yarborough's not here right now, but he was huge for us in the first half and can't forget about him. And so yeah, just I think as a whole we down there have done a great job.
Speaker 4: You know, in Bardo talking to.
Speaker 3: Us about it is when our name is called trust, our preparation and don't try to be careful, go out there and just be uh, you know, on on the offence, like try to try to enforce your will.
Speaker 4: And your game plan.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I think we believe so much in each other that there's an accountability that is rarely seen as deep as it is down there, Like from top to bottom, everybody holds each other accountable.
Speaker 4: So that's what's.
Speaker 1: Nice trying in is our guest in front of first pitch of the NLCS. So much attention has been given to you guys now, but we've seen it all regular season long. How much pride did you guys take and what all of you accomplished in game four and what's ahead of you in the NLCS.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we're really just you know, satisfied with you know, not giving in that last series. You could have easily, you know, taken a turn for the worse when the Padres had a really good offensive output against.
Speaker 4: Us, and was it game two, game two?
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, you know, they answered, they answered back after you know, we had a really good team winning game one. It's not easy staring down a you know, a ten to two win or whatever it was and or a loss for us. But uh, you know, I think the biggest thing is, you know, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how you win, or it could be a one run, one run victory or you know, a ten run victory, but the end of the day, as long as we have more wins than they do at the end of the series, that's really the goal. So not getting caught up in that, I think our team did a great job of, you know, going right back to what we do best, and that's focusing on the next day and attacking each situation.
Speaker 4: That we have.
Speaker 3: And we didn't. We didn't let you know, having a loss like that dictate the momentum.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And you know, they did win the next game, but you know, it was one inning that really kind of bid us. And that's really the one inning outside of Game two that they they did anything.
Speaker 4: And that's a really talented team.
Speaker 3: So for our guys to stay focused and and lock and lock in and execute on the pitching side of things, starters, relievers, and uh, the game game plan prep from our you know, our our game planners. It's a pretty pretty cool overall team like series win because that's a very talented team and it's gonna be a dog fight for the division for probably the foreseeable future.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's a fun series.
Speaker 2: Blake Trenton is our guest.
Speaker 1: I mentioned at the beginning that during this playoff run, the Trnon family added one more. It grew by one during the off day of the last n l DS. Uh, this has got to be such a special month for you. How did you balance all of that?
Speaker 4: Well, even even before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we welcomed Quinn to the world on the tenth and it was really special. I mean, the more kids you have, I feel like the more you you just appreciate those little moments. Early on, you're just trying to survive and figure out life as a parent, and.
Speaker 4: The more you have, you're like, oh, it's not like I can I can enjoy these moments a little better. My wife and I just have kind of laughed about.
Speaker 3: It because she's such a sweet little baby, and our kids are so enthralled with being involved. Just only two or three days into it now, and like, hoe, what is today's date? The thirteenth? Yeah, okay, so yeah, day three of it. You know, like our whole family is just enthralled with being either big sis, big brother, and Katie just you know, soaking up the moments of being a mom again so well again, but like I'm a newborn, so uh yeah, And you know, I just grateful for my family and having the opportunity to view with them. You miss them a lot when this game has so many like cool moments that you that you live for, that you that you prepare for and you get to experience by the grace of God, it's been it's been a fun year. But you also, family is the most important thing when it comes if you just choose between baseball and family, family needs to be number one. And I'm grateful for the opportunity to have been able to get back. You know, the Dodgers that really really blessed me with uh you know, finding into good like kind of getting everything navigated for me to get home and because i mean I'm so focused on baseball and you know, we've got a great team in the front office that kind of helped figure that out for me. And so I'm grateful for them for that and that way I was able to get home and get back and not really miss anything game wise, and uh and not not.
Speaker 4: Missing any thing from a family perspective.
Speaker 3: My wife, I gotta give my wife credit. I know I'm long winded here. I'm sorry, but I gotta give my wife, you know, a huge shout out. I hate saying shout out. This is such a more endearing term that I'm looking for. But she, you know, has was so great at just saying, you know, go go be a part of the playoffs. Thank you for being here, and thank you Dodgers for letting my husband come back, because she should be focused on our family and celebrating the life of our daughter and not so much baseball first.
Speaker 4: And it's a hard thing as a husband to see.
Speaker 3: But you know, we've we kind of understand the lifestyle a little bit, but we're grateful that it worked out in the best way possible.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering, how many hours did you have to spare before the baby was born? Were you there three hours ahead of time? Were you there right when labor started? How did you and then you show up and you close out game five. I mean, there's not many guys that can do that.
Speaker 3: Not many people have probably had that opportunity. So I'm not going to say that I'm like I had.
Speaker 4: This superhero scenario.
Speaker 3: It was just it's what we were dealt and we made the most of it, and you know, as we got to witness a mini miracle and our daughter being born healthy.
Speaker 4: And my wife being healthy, and and then.
Speaker 3: God blessed me with an opportunity to finish the game the next day. So but yeah, your question about hours, we had a scheduled, you know, induction for that day and we went in at six am, and so I I got back at like one in the morning and then slept for about four and a half hours and.
Speaker 4: Went in and then I was there all day. And then it's weird. You get to go home and be with your kids.
Speaker 3: So I got to sleep in our bed because we can't have the kids in the room. So I went home and was with the kids, and then got up the next morning and went in and was with Katie and Quinn, And.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was there for a few hours, and then I had to get a flight and come back here. So it was nice.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Katie Trnnon for being a great mom and also a great woman, all star mom to be able to handle all that and support her man to be able to come out and help the Dodgers win a world series. Blake Trannon, I love sharing who you are. I really do appreciate sharing who you are. You're a great guy. You're an amazing person to be able to focus on your family but give everything you have during this time of baseball. So congratulations and a blessing to you guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks man.
Speaker 3: I mean, Dodgers invested me and my family and we just want to do the best we can.
Speaker 4: To out bless them, you know.
Speaker 3: So They've given us a lot and we're trying to outdo it for them and the fans and my teammates.
Speaker 1: So yep, just doing what I can, doing all he can, striking out guys, delivering babies and all in while keeping his hair perfect and that goate soul patch immaculate.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, Blake, Thanks for making it awkward.