Speaker 1: All right, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Dry time, Monday afternoon, eight minutes past the hour of two o'clock, scorching hot Utah, August day outside, and as it is every single day, it's going to have you along for the ride.
Speaker 1: S bets check. It's back behind the mic. Good to be back. I always say it. I love taking time off. It's always great to leave, but.
Speaker 2: It's always great to be back, certainly this time of year, as we are a matter of days away from college football. That's right, Camp Kyle University of Utah getting ready for their opener. YU still trying to pick a quarterback. Probably nice for you fans not to not have to worry about that dynamic. All six of our in state D one teams have opened up fall camp, and we are high speed ahead to game day. So a lot of college football, not just on the show today, but we're going to start to move a lot of our coverage over into that space. Of course, one eye on the NBA offseason, one eye on the Utah Jazz. Of course, camps have opened in the NFL. We'll keep you up to date on any storylines concerning both pro and college football program. But fall is almost here, as we have officially turned our calendars to August.
Speaker 3: Great to have you guys with us. Thank you for making us a part of your day.
Speaker 2: A lot of options out there, so when you pick us, we very much appreciate it. My name is Spence Check. It's our host this program, Paul Larson producing the show today, and we are back together after some time off sharpening the sword. As they say, a little vacation. That's a Stephen Covey principle. RSL midweek Clash the League's Cup rolls on RSL playing a couple of matches last week, one a penalty kick shootout with the brilliance of their keeper off of Cabral and then lost the second PK shootout with a couple of players sending their PK attempts over the crossbar and a excellent performance from the opposing keeper. RSL back in league's action coming up this weekend in New York. Speaking of soccer, the Utah Royals trade Ali Sentinor, the number one pick from twenty twenty four, who was by far their best player, for a record financial hall, but no players in return. So a club ethos of selling players after they play well continues with the compendium of assets now controlled by the Miller family under that umbrella, So little RSL in the program. Of course, Lukadancic gets his MAX extension from the LA Lakers, celebrates it at a Backstreet Boys concert.
Speaker 1: My guy, my guy.
Speaker 2: Lebron James not present at the press conference, which, of course everybody's up in arms about as well. So some NBA offseason stuff. Darreon Fox got paid today with Spurs four years, two hundred and twenty nine mil. Dame Liller is back in state. He's the new general manager of Weaver State men's basketball. Of course, he still has NBA basketball to play of his own ride as he recovers from that Achilles. He's got a three year contract back with the Portland Trail Blazers. So a little bit of NBA offseason news, but not a ton going on. It's kind of the quiet time on the NBA calendar, So a lot of college football, lot of pro football. Little RSL on the show today. Cam Young a great story on the PGA Tour. Cameron Young wins the Windham Championship, becomes a one thousandth winner of the PGA Tour tournament. Cam is a bright young superstar in this sport. But when it comes to learning how to win golf tournaments, that is a progressive lesson that you have to learn step by step. Twelve top tens and seven runner ups in his I think this is his fourth year on tour and he smoked through the competition at the Windom bogied seventeen and eighteen and it didn't matter. He got an eight stroke lead after having five birdies in a row after bogeying one, Tony fenw Decent weekend for Tony. I don't know that the Ryder Cup will be part of his future. He finished at four under par, which is tied for forty fourth. So little golf, college football storylines, camp storylines. This camp has opened. We'll get to a bunch of that on the program. We have a good guest list today. We'll start things off with Belle Frasier covers the Utah Mammoth for the Salt Lake Tribune. And it was Mammoth Week last week that concluded in Saint George where Clayton Keller was signing autographs for some people down south. So the Mammoth have made a bunch of different editions. A couple of subtractions from that team that a really good year a season ago, So we'll get to some hockey storylines with Bell.
Speaker 3: One of our favorites from the Tribune.
Speaker 2: Josh Furlong, will stop by to talk some Utah football, some camp, Kyle, as we are just days away from an actual game that we'll be able to cover here on your home with the UTSPN seven hundred, we'll play you some sound from some camp.
Speaker 3: One of the things that I was listening.
Speaker 2: To earlier today and I just got I gotta chuckle out of it because a lot of the attentions surrounding the offensive line with a couple of all Big twelve potential players and maybe three or four NFL draft picks coach Wait when asked about he said, well, they better be good because everybody's telling them they're good, including me. So we'll get you some sound from coaches and players. Utah camp coming up. Pablo Mashjoenny will stop by, the head coach of RSL. It's the potentially busiest stretch of the year for our local soccer club, so we'll talk some lead cops the stretch run in MLS and some reinforcements on the way. As Pablo has alluded to on this show quite a bit. Bel Fraser, Josh for Along, Pablo Mastoinny, some camp sound from Utah Football camp, me Spence check its back in the chair, and Porter Larson, who typically lets that music role instead of my dry music bed.
Speaker 3: That makes me feel like I'm lost in an ethos.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. We got to get that opening tip. Sponsor.
Speaker 2: Well, we've got to get our rhythm back. I mean, we haven't done a show together in like ten days.
Speaker 4: This too, you've been I don't know, gallivanting. Galavanting is one word.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so we got to, you know, got a reconfigure. I guess playing a lot. It's like a I don't know, a fall test run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, played a lot of mediocre golf, sat by the pool quite a bit, tried to decompress. Let me ask you this because you took some time off too. When I take time off from doing this radio show, I don't pay attention to my I deleted social media from my phone. I was not on Instagram, I was not on Twitter all week long, TikTok or whatever the hell the kids are doing these days. I turned off alerts from ESPN and Fox and Bleacher report and be like in less a because.
Speaker 3: I was with family all week. It was a family reunion situation.
Speaker 2: Like my cousin was like, Hey, who's going to start for BYU a quarterback mich will tune in next week two to six because I'm on vacation. You can listen to what I have to say next week when I'm back on air. You were off last week for a few days as well. When you take time off, do you pay attention to anything that happens in the sports world.
Speaker 4: No, but not necessarily with by choice. I'm not like, I'm not shunning the sports world by any means, but I'm usually in a deep canyon or at elevation where there is clearly no cell phone service. As you know, Spence, as you have probably gotten used to, if you try to get into with me outside of like normal sports times or showtime, you may get like the send with satellite or something because I'm just I'm not there, I'm not available. And then yeah, when I get down into cell phone service, I usually catch up on a bunch of stuff. This is always funny because it's not just the sports world for me. I will be often spent three, four or five days up in the mountains and then I'll come in back to reality. This happened last summer when a particular government official got shot. Right when you come back down into like a different state of the world or different news or breaking news, it's sometimes quite jarring.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's very regular for me. Here's how out of it I am.
Speaker 2: It took me about thirty seconds to remember which political official you're talking about who.
Speaker 1: Actually was shot. Yeah, but now I remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I came back down into the service and started getting like notifications that that happened over the weekend.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Stuff starts to go crazy and then you see you know, nuclear nuclear talks. That's always fun to come back down into service too as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and it is odd oftentimes I will pull my phone out to send you a text, and it's like you can only contact him via satellite, and I never want to do that because what if it charges me like an extra seventy box to send you a text.
Speaker 1: I think you can do it, Okay.
Speaker 4: I think because I have, you know, opted into being allowing that, I think you can do it.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm not totally sure there, but okay, Well, welcome back.
Speaker 2: First show in ten days, we'll get our rhythm falls right around the corner. It's a great time to be on air, all right, Belle Fraser will be our first guest to talk from you, Tom A Mammoth. I want to let you know that ESPN seven hundred is pleased to welcome Simple Plan. Well only everyone outside of me and me we're not pleased to welcome them. Please stoked you're stoked for Simple Plan?
Speaker 1: Would go?
Speaker 2: Actually, that feels like it could be in your wheel wheelhouse like a Heights school. Porter Larsen, maybe rock into some Simple Plan.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 2: Actually, that was the era where all of these like all pop you know, like punk rock bands didn't have lead singers who could actually sing, so they all just yelled like Dashboard Confessional, Blink one eighty two, Simple Plan, Like none.
Speaker 1: Of them could actually sing. They just yelled about their feelings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just looked up simple I actually don't think I listened to them.
Speaker 1: Well anyway that sphere, Yeah, you're not wrong.
Speaker 2: Everyone besides us on the station as pleased to welcome Simple Plan with bowling for soup.
Speaker 1: And three zero h three.
Speaker 2: There we go to the plaza at America First Field August sixteenth, twenty twenty five. Make sure to tune in with Shaan O'Connell for your chance to win a pair of tickets to Simple Plan Bowling for soup and three zero h three. All right, opening tip style before we get to bell. College football is right around the corner. I'm not one that loves to do deep dives, certainly on the Coaches Poll the Coach's preseason Top twenty five Poll. But again this time of year, while we're all kind of just waiting for game, stuff like this is kind of fun to just kind of banter back and forth about the AP poll is a little more telling. The Coaches Poll, for anybody that's not familiar, oftentimes is filled out by like the assistant sid because I don't think coach Wit or any other coach wants to grind on a bunch of information about all these teams in order to accurately send in a list that really means anything. But we'll dig into it because college football is essentially here. We're going to have our Utah Football Welcome Event coming up next week. We'll tell you guys about that, where you can get some information hoping to give you opportunities to win some tickets, maybe to the opening game, or maybe we'll pick a game that's a little bit better besides cal Poly, I'll due respect. So this morning, the top twenty five ap us A Today Coach's Poll was released. The top kind of caught me a little bit off. Guard Texas is one. Then it's Ohio State, Penn State, Georgia, and Notre Dame. What's kind of weird here is Penn State is favored to win the Big Ten this year, yet they're behind Ohio State in this poll. Georgia, Ford, Notre Dame five, Clemson six. They got two first place votes. Then it's Oregon, Bama, LSU, Miami fill out the top ten. Your highest ranked Big twelve school is Arizona State. They come in at eleven. As we continue to kind of scroll down a little bit, the next Big twelve team is Kansas at twenty. Excuse me, Kansas State at twenty. So the Big Twelve two teams in the top twenty Arizona State eleven, Kansas State at twenty. Iowa State just locked in their coach for a long term deal. Matt Campbell is going to be around there for quite some time. They come in at twenty one. And then kind of interesting BYU at twenty three, Texas Tech at twenty four. So representing the big twelve is Arizona State at eleven, Kansas State at twenty, Iowa State at twenty one, BYU at twenty three, Texas Tech at twenty four. When you go down the list of others receiving votes, if you just kind of do it this way, Boise State twenty five, so Oklahoma would be twenty six, Missouri twenty seven, Louisville twenty eight, USC twenty nine, and the Utah comes in with eighty six points, which would put them at thirty ahead of Baylor right behind them. So I think the biggest takeaway for me was this quarterback situation of Brigham Young does not seem to be really dissuading people from being high on them, and I guess I'm.
Speaker 1: Not all that surprised.
Speaker 2: As we've discussed Jake Rehetz Laugh who has now taken his talents to Tulane. Jake was asked about BYU during his introductory press conference when the media Tulane had their first chance to interview him.
Speaker 1: He said very nice things, very nice.
Speaker 2: Things about his experience at BYU that obviously featured a lot of highs last year as a starting quarterback that led them to an eleven win season and an alimoble win over Colorado, and of course a pretty embarrassing ending to the whole thing. And when I say embarrassing, I'm not putting that on one person or the other. It was just, you know, an unfortunate end to a situation that for a long time was pretty.
Speaker 3: Good for BYU.
Speaker 2: The quarterback competition is something that Kilanie and a Rod have shown that history and data tells us they're good at this, whether it was Zach Wilson, Jaron Hall, or Jerry Bohannon on Jake Retzov a season ago. You know, this is not the first time they've had to decide who's going to be under center. It looks like and everybody's saying the right thing. It looks like it does come down to McKay Hillstead, who has eight starts under his belt at Utah Stay as a freshman. He does know a Rod system. He was in the program a year ago, didn't play, so he does have some starting experience. Not a big kid, had some good moments of Utah State. I believe he is a red shirt sophomore. The Tracon Borgay kid is a red shirt junior. Borgay has kind of the same experience that McKay has when it comes to starting for a group of five schools. He was at Western Michigan for a couple of years, did not play a year ago. Then there's a lot of momentum in the direction of the Bear Bachmeyer kid. He's a true freshman, played his spring ball at Stanford. His name is Bear Bachmeyer and his brother is Tiger Bachmeyer.
Speaker 1: Porter.
Speaker 2: Will you please f Baron Tiger Bachmeyer's mother and father.
Speaker 1: For the program, Just for the explanation.
Speaker 3: I have so many questions. A bear and a tiger. It's a family thing.
Speaker 2: Actually, wait, are there additional children that are also named after.
Speaker 1: Animals like grandparents? I think?
Speaker 4: Seriously, Yes, I saw an interview. I don't know exactly, so I can't tell you, but I did see Bear talk.
Speaker 2: Okay, before you come on air and report something, make sure you're reporting it accurately.
Speaker 1: Pace Okay, thank you, I am so. Will you effort the parents? Yes, thank you. So there you go.
Speaker 2: Those are the three names being bantied about. Of course, on the Utah side of things, it's very very nice that the quarterback position is solidified, you know, and we won't do the revisionist history about Cameron Rising over and over and over as he is now medically retired from football. He's gonna be an offensive coordinator for his high school football team. But certainly it was probably time for everybody to move on. And it's kind of a comforting thing now for Utah fans not have to sweat about who who's going to be the starter and what that quarterback room looks like. Coach Witt on a couple of different occasions, has saying the praises of the bird Fickland kid. And I just have to wonder, because there's always been this interesting kind of conversation around well, Zach Wilson certainly, and of course Isaac, his little brother, Like there is so much natural talent with those kids. Wilson boys can throw a football man, make no mistake about that. I wonder whether or not this kind of what I perceive to be forced conversation about the Fickland kid, is that a message to Zach, like you need to be better than you were a year ago. And I'm not blaming what happened a year ago on Zach he was a freshman quarterback, really thrown into a tremendously difficult scenario, and by his own admission, just wasn't ready. I mean, if you want to give Isaac anything last year, give him credit for his self awareness about the mistakes he was making, the work he has to put into improve.
Speaker 3: You know, you just have to.
Speaker 2: Wonder whether or not when you have natural talent like those Wilson boys have, oftentimes you're able to simply dominate the high school scene, dominate the Pop Warner scene, dominate the youth football scene, to the point where maybe you don't have to put in the work until you realize that you're at the next level. And if you want to continue to take the step up, you've got to combine the talent with the work ethic. You got to show up for film, you've got to study, you've got to be a good team teammate. Let me be clear, I'm not saying Isaac isn't any of these things. But I do believe that qb room is solidified, whether or not it's been announced or not at the University of Utah, and obviously the offensive line is going to be paramount to the success of this team. This year seems like every single preseason publication I read, or every preseason podcast I tune into. The first thing that's talked about with the University of Utah is Jim Hardin's positional group.
Speaker 3: And again, we're gonna let you hear some sound.
Speaker 2: A little bit later on, I got to chuckle out of Kyle basically saying, well, yeah, the offensive line is going to be good. Oh well, they better be good because everybody's telling them that they're good, including me. The one positional group, and Sean and I talked about this during cross talk. They continues to be a question, and Devin's talked about this himself. You'll hear from Devin dan Pier on the show a little bit later. Who's going to catch a football? What does that wide receiver group look like? How ingrained will the tight end be juxtaposed to the way coach Ludd liked to use tight ends. It's a different offense, it's a different feel. I think a lot of you fans are excited for that. Maybe a little bit of a different kind of approach that might be a little bit more wide open and entertaining. And then, obviously, every year and every time there is a switch of the position. We discussed the relationship between coach Wait and his offensive coordinator. How does that work? You know Coach Beck, how much you know cart Blanche?
Speaker 1: Does he get?
Speaker 2: How much freedom does he get to do exactly what he wants to do? And those two have discussed it a little bit throughout the course of the preseason as they've been asked the question. So it feels like the optimism at the University of Utah right now is pretty high. And you'll hear the sound later on where most players who are asked about the dynamic discuss the positive energy in the moment, momentum and the excitement. I mean, it's fun to be back on campus. I'm living close to campus. You can kind of feel the buzz. The school is going to get going here in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully they finish the construction on first. Let me just throw that out there, but the school is going to be here soon. Football is going to be here soon. We've got the USA Today Coaches Top twenty five pool that came out today BYU at twenty three Utah among the teams receiving votes. We will get back to some college football today with Josh Furlong covers the utes for ESPN, or excuse me, covers the utes for KSL.
Speaker 3: We are ESPN seven hundred. He will join us.
Speaker 2: We have camp sound later on as fall camps are underway for all six of our D one teams here locally RSL with a midweek clash coming up for Leak's Cup Action. So Pablo mash Ruddy stops by, but we are going to blink and it is going to be time for the second season of The Utah Mammoth here in our market, and our next guest covers the Mammoth for the saut Lake Belle Frasier on a Monday afternoon.
Speaker 1: Hello Bell, Happy Monday. How are you good?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 2: So any downtime, any vacation. I mean, this is kind of the time of year, Bell, where if you're going to take some vacation, it feels like this has got to be it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no official vacation. I went back to New York and Boston where all my friends and family are for two weeks. Wrote some stories there, but was definitely nice to not be so deep in the Utel Mamus news for a second take a bit of the air and now I'm so ready for the season to start, really counting down the days until even training camp from preseason just so we can get things going for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, Bell, here's where I want to start.
Speaker 2: What gives you the most confidence that next season, that proverbial next step will be taken and we could actually experience Stanley Cup playoff hockey in Salt Lake.
Speaker 7: I think the obvious answer there, and the easy one I guess is you're seeing who they brought in so far this summer, and I think the biggest top six to reinforcement is JJ Peterca, who they traded for from the Buffalo Sabers. You know, they traded Michael Kessing and Josh Stone, who I know people were very sad to see leave, but they didn't have to give up any prospects or for its overall pick. This trade came before the draft, and I know people were nervous that maybe they would have to give up the pick to get someone like the Turka, but they did it. And what's really good about him is his age. You know, he's right in the range of Logan Cooley and Dylan Gunther. He's twenty three, and his ceiling's really high and he is a finisher. He had a thirty goal season, and you know, I've talked to a lot of Buffalo media and they think that he's going to score a lot more throughout the throughout his career and he's going to be happier in Utah. You know, there are reports that he just didn't want to be in Buffalo and he kind of forced his way out of there. So I think the new environment, the new setup, and a team that's really on an upward trajectory for him, that'll give him an opportunity to play top minutes, to be on the power play will be really important for Utah because is that something that they were missing a bit last year, you know, going into a third period being down a goal or not being able to extend the lead. They had trouble scoring. So I think someone like the Turka is important. And then you also just look at the more veteran leadership they brought in Brandon tanneb and Nate Schmidt, the defenseman. Nate Schmidt just won a Stanley Cup with the Florida Panthers and we got in the media call with him and he was hilarious. He has a really out their personality, which I think will be good for the room. He has an edge to him as he plays, so he'll be a good third pair, you know, defensive depths for them. And then brand of tanneb too also has spark to him, and he talked about it. He wants to bring energy to the bottom six and he'll score and he'll do what he can, but he'll hit and you know, he just adds a little sandpaper for them. And then lastly, I think you look at their depths and goaltending. They brought in v tech Fanicheck, who also was on the Florida Panthers last year as you know, second string, third string goalie. But I think that just adds some insurance for Utah. You know, we're not sure when Connor Ingram will come back. So I think they really shored up the areas where they needed one to two more guys they didn't get them. Mitch Marner had a huge names that may be headlined this summer. But they got better in areas that they were lacking last year and now it's just a matter of them building chemistry with those new guys.
Speaker 1: Do you have an update on Connor?
Speaker 2: I mean I was going to ask that as a follow up, And obviously it's a very sensitive information or a sensitive situation, and the information is sensitive too, and the club has of course been great to make sure that he gets the helped and he needs.
Speaker 1: But do you know where we're at with that process now?
Speaker 7: Yeah, last time we talked to Bill Armstrong, he said that Ingram's been in the assistant program, that he's doing well, and that they're hoping for the best for him. You know, we also heard that he was playing in a men's league recently, kind of getting his fitness back, but Bill Armstrong declined to comment on any timeline for his return or you know, the specifics. He said he wanted to keep those within the organization, which is understandable give in the sensitivity of the situation. But you know, it's definitely something from the business side of a team that they had to think about. And I think that shows with how they brought in v Tech Fancheck, because training camp is a month away now and I think they're just making sure that they're ready for any situation. So that's all we have on Ingram right now. It sounds like he's making progress, but there's been no subsistence you know, return.
Speaker 1: Date for him still some money.
Speaker 2: According to the numbers I have in front of me, he's still six million change to potentially bring in other players. Do you think this is the group or do you think that money will be used to add a little depth.
Speaker 7: I think this is probably the group, But I think if they were going to do anything before the season starts, it might be a trade, and I don't think they will. But I think if they were to do something, I don't see them using the rest of their cap space, just because you know, Bill Armstrong is super responsible, and he also has will Big Fooley, who could be up for an extension this year, same situation as Kill and Gunther was in last year, and gun they extended for eight years in September. So I don't think fans should be freaking out that Coolly hasn't extended yet, especially with the cap going up for the next few seasons. Seasons in the NHL, negotiations are probably tougher and he'll still be with the team next year if he doesn't extend. But I think because there are players that they still need to lock up, they'll probably try to keep that cap space. And you know, they also resigned Jack mcdain, who is an RSA for a bit higher than fans or the team probably wanted to, but it's because he would have been a USA in two years, so they had to pay for those years. He got four point two five million dollars on his average annual value. So I think they, you know, they put their money where they wanted it, and I don't see them overspending for something because right now, I mean the internal competition that they have with the players they have right now, their prospects, the guy that Tucson is probably the best it's in for this organization. So they have the bodies that they need, and I don't think there's a glaring pool for them after the moves that Bill has done already.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been a minute since you and I have been able to catch up, and I know you've been asked about the Michael Carcony story, but I wonder for my audience in this space if you could elaborate a bit. I mean, I can remember watching that post game presser when he essentially was like, yeah, it's not going to work. And look, you always want to leave space for people to have emotional reactions and things like making a living in contracts and money make all of us emotional. So no issue at all for the about face. But how did this, how did this play out?
Speaker 7: Yeah? So exit day interviews back in what was that April? I think at the Deata Center, you know, guys talk about who there's seasons when, and usually if you're a UFA or RFA, you aren't as direct as Michael Carconi was. But as journalists we appreciate it, you know, we appreciate him just coming in and speaking his mind. But on that day in April, he said, you know, I love the They're a great group. I don't think there's going to be an answer, a direct quote. He said, I don't think we're going to agree on anything. I spoke to the coaching staff and management, and I think we're going to go in different directions. And we asked, you know why he was feeling that way, and he felt he wasn't given big enough of an opportunity for Utah last year. You know, the year before in Arizona he had twenty goals, and then last year for Utah he was usually the thirteenth forward. He was healthy, scratched a lot when he was in the lineup. He was bottom six, so his numbers went down, but also his games played went down. And I think that was a good problem from an organizational level for Utah because it meant that the younger guys were getting better and forcing their way into the lineup. You look at someone like Josh Jones, who's no longer there, but Dylan Gunster and Jack mcvain and those types of players. But it definitely cost Carconi. So he was going out into the free agent market and nothing had bit, you know, for the first couple of weeks, and on was a couple of week. July fifteenth or sixteenth, he signed a one year contract with the Mammoth for seven hundred and seventy five thousand dollars, which was the same average annual value as his last contract. And when we talked to him after the signing, he said, you know, he didn't want to be taken out of context for his exit day interview. He said that he always wanted to be in Utah, but like you were saying, frustrations run high. He had just talked to the coaching staff, so he kind of walked back on not his want to leave, but his thought that he wouldn't be part of the future of the franchise. I think it's a fine signing for them. I mean, I don't think Carconi is going to have a huge role, but he likes playing with a chip on his shoulder. He said he knows he has a lot to prove coming in in his situation. But I imagine he's probably an extra forward or bottom six player again, just because of his size, his stats last year, and just the guys Utah has coming in. But he proves people wrong. He proved people wrong, and I think a lot of fans would like to see that.
Speaker 2: Any specific takeaways from the schedule release, I mean, I'm seeing that eleven of the first fifteen games are on the road, which is a tough start, but obviously they'll come back around. You play the same amount of road games as you do home games. But as you kind of dug into that schedule release, Bell, what were some of your main takeaways.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's exactly what you said. They have a really tough start to the year. I think it was something like sixteen of twenty or sixteen to thirty or something to start the season or on the road, but you know, they were a really good road team last year. Actually, they struggled at home more so, so you might think it's a good thing for them to find their footing and bond as a team and be on the planes and hotels together and figure out their identity for the team on the road before they come to Delta Center and show off for year two, they start with a three game road trip Colorado, Nashville, and Chicago before coming back to Delta Center on October fifteenth for opening night against the Calgaryes for Lanes be a four game homestand so I think for them it'll test them immediately, which is a good thing. You know, a lot of the players have talked about not having that slump in the beginning of the season like they did last year, starting on time, and like you said, every team goes through hard stretches in the schedule. I don't think you can use it as an excuse for a poor record or poor showing. So I don't think Utah will use it as that at all. And I think you know one game or that people have circled on their calendar, obviously the divisional opponents because those points matter more. And then also I believe November twelfth, the Buffalo Sabers come to town and that will be Josh Jone and Michael Kessing's homecoming as well, So there's definitely, you know, great matchups to start the year. And although it's one of the tougher road schedules, I think it'll probably make the team better and if not, they'll just have to learn from it as every other organization does.
Speaker 2: How much of the road heavy schedule early on has to do with the renovations of the building bill.
Speaker 7: That's what we thought, but they're scheduled to play preseason games at Delta Center. Their last two preseason games, I believe at the end of September are scheduled to be at Delta Center, and those will be the first you know event at Delta Center since the renovations, so I imagine those games won't be the full effect. There will definitely be things that aren't fully ready yet, but supposedly as of now, those are supposed to be at the arena and we haven't gotten you know, any changes on that, so I'm sure it helped the Delta Center crew that they'll be gone for the first week of this season, but I don't think that's because there's any delays or change in schedule for the renovations. I think that's all on track, and you know, this just gives them a bit more time to get everything ready for opening nights.
Speaker 2: So having an interesting conversation. I had a little family reunion last week and chance to catch up with a lot of my family who I don't see very much, who are big sports fans, and we were just kind of pairing the project of the Jazz rebuild to the project of the Mammoth rebuild, and the Mammoth are much further along. I think this is probably year five or six of a rebuild, and the Jazz, I mean, it depends on what their messaging is, which seems to change day to day. Now it's like, no, we actually were tearing it down and the rebuild starts now. So the Mammoth are further along than the Jazz are. And I'm just wondering Bell. Throughout the course of your time here covering the team, talking to players that have been traded to Utah or draft picks that have been drafted to Utah. It's a little bit different when you're a draft pick because typically you're young, and ultimately you work for the organization of the NHL Hockey league, and you have been assigned to the Salt Lake City office, and I feel like you're more inclined just to accept it and be excited. Do you sense any pushback at all for hockey players wanting to come to our market and stay here for quite some time. It's just it's the main thing that the Jazz have run into for a number of years. They've been able to draft, they've been able to develop, but they just can't retain. And if you're going to win trophies, you have to retain. Do you think the manmuth they're going to run into any issues that way?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think there's been a clear shift with the NHL and NHL players and NHL fans perspective on Utah. And I know you're saying how the draft picks don't really have a choice to be in Utah, but I think the narrative around them has been really different for the NHL. And I was actually talking to you know, Andy Larson, our Jazz writer, because it was around the time where all the Ace Bailey drama was happening and then these which got resolved. But these Utah players get drafted and you know a lot of them were saying I wanted to be in Utah. I was hoping I got drafted by Utah. I'm so excited to be here. The mountains are so beautiful, like this is one of the top teams in the NHL. I'm so excited to be in this organization. And it was It's a distinct, you know, change in narrative from what I think has been reported about the Jazz in the past. And we talked about this before free agency open for the NHL that it was going to be really interesting if they had to overpay for players or if they were able to land any players, and they were. I mean, they landed two Stanley Cup champions in Schmid and Banichek, and then Brandon Tannev. Although they'll be you know, bottom six, more debt veteran role, he's a legit NHLer and guys who have been around the league and seen different markets. So I think that's a really good sign for the Mammoth and the fans in front office that guys did sign here during free agency, and a lot of guys resigned as well, you know, Ian Cole resigned, Alex Kurfett resigned, Jack McBain resigned, Dylan Gunther resigned. Those are pieces of your core moving forward. JJ Paterca, although it was a trade, he kind of had to say. He forces himself out of Buffalo and found a team that would work for him. So I think that should be a positive note for Mammoth fans seeing that players are willing to take the chance on Utah. And I think there won't be an official answer until, you know, probably five to eight to ten years, when the team is here and you can actually see a pattern form or real opinions after the first or second year. But I think for the way they introduce themselves to the league and to the country and to hockey fans, players want to be here. And you know, it's only been positive feedback from us as the media. We haven't you heard anything of they don't want to be here or anything of that sort.
Speaker 2: What sort of information can you share with our hockey fan listeners about the new experience in the building Once everything is done once and it may bleed into next season. Anybody who's ever bought a house, or built a house, or a bad construction on anything, quite frankly understands that these things are always delayed. But once that is completely done. What sort of changes are in store? What can you share there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, it's going to be multi year project. I think they're sayings three to five off seasons because since the Jazz and Mammoth are there, they only have the summers to do the renovations. But this year they focus on the lower bowl and just improving site lines for those seats. Then throughout the arena, when it's one hundred percent done, every view will be full. There won't be any blockages like there were last year. But they've blown out the entire lower bowl and they're raising it by three feet I believe I'm pushing it back. So the views that people love for the NBA and the upclose nature of the Delta Center is still there. But the actual like I'm trying to think of the word, but it won't be a seat for hockey fans, so they'll be able to see both goals. There won't be any parts of the ice cut off, so that's kind of the tangible things they're working on. And then in the end of the project, there's going to be a new parking garage, there'll be a downtown plaza, you know, the entire downtown area around the Delta Center is kind of being reinvented, but people are going to have to wait a bit for that. And I think the biggest thing that we haven't even been let in on because it's going to be a surprise on opening night is just all the branding around the Mammoth. It's hard to even remember the Utah Hockey Club branding now, so it feels like this team has been the Mammoth forever. But the new in game activations, the merch, everything on the JumboTron. I think it's going to be really cool to see how they bring this brand into life in an in game situation instead of just the social media stuff we've been seeing for the last few months. So I think that's probably the biggest thing that fans should look forward to.
Speaker 2: You and I were spoiled as young hockey fans growing up going to the Garden, so this question might be a little bit unfair, but I'm wondering Bell, when you took the job, what you were expecting as it pertained to atmosphere and fan participation year one for the Mammoth, and then did the experience meet or exceed those expectations?
Speaker 7: Definitely exceed, I mean I think I had no idea what to expect in the first place, and the players and coaches have said the same thing. But I think I wrote about this in mccolumn, but Opening Night was so special and magical because I think you saw that you tossed those up and Ryan Smith and everyone here had been saying it for years when they finally got the NHL team, and it was true. And that was one of my favorite parts of this entire season, was just watching this community fall so in love with hockey but also be so dedicated. I mean, there wasn't one night at the Delta Center this year where it wasn't sold out or close to sold out and loud, and people asking questions and coming up to us and creating new chants and creating new fan tradition, so beyond the hockey, I think that's been the best part of being in Utah so far, is just seeing how these fans have embraced the teams have embraced the league. And I imagine that just, you know, times one hundred for next season because a lot of people are more excited about it. But yeah, definitely excudd expectations, and I think it surprised a lot of people, just in the NHL and in hockey in general. A pleasant surprise for sure, So it'll be cool to see how that kind of grows the next few years.
Speaker 2: Do you have any inside insight or maybe inside information about how ticket sales are going? I mean, tickets are available, and then in addition to that corporate sponsorships. As far as how this team is being supported, we oftentimes on this show expand that conversation to all of our products here, our sports properties here, and then the potential of the Miller's bringing Major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: I know we're growing.
Speaker 2: We're growing as far as the population goes, We're growing as far as simply economic stimulation goes. Business is moving here and such. But is the hockey team being supported with ticket sales corporate sponsorship the way it needs to?
Speaker 7: It seems like it is. I'm not sure about corporate sponsorships. I mean, I can reach out to SEG about that. That's more obviously corporate. But in terms of ticket sales, it sounds like a lot of people have put in deposits for season tickets. You know, last year when they opened it, before the games even started, they sold out of the deposits. On the very first day, and we interact with a lot of fans on Twitter, and a bunch of people who just had single game tickets last year committed to half season or full season tickets this year. So yes, I don't have you know, exact numbers. I think they'll release those closer to the season when everything is sold out, and we'll get you know, the preseason numbers. But it really seems like the support is coming through in ticket sales, and I think you can just see it in the prices of tickets too. Unfortunately, it's not cheap to get into Delta Center, you know. I was looking at the prices the other day, and for opening night, I think the cheapest ticket to get in the door is two hundred and fifty dollars. So the only reasons the tickets are super expensive out here right now is because of the demand and because there's so few left. So I think that's a good sign. And yeah, like I said, we'll get specifics on that closer to the season, but from the general feel of it, it seems like people are going to fill out Delta Center for year two.
Speaker 2: All right, Bell, before I say you, Louise, tell us about Mammoth Week. I'm kind of learning about this in real time. What did the hockey club? And I'm not saying that as their name. I'm just referring to the Utah Mammoth as a hockey club. So everybody calmed down, Yeah, what what was Mammoth Week?
Speaker 1: What did this entail?
Speaker 7: It was a really cool initiative from the team. It was, you know, a statewide summer event and they stopped in seven locations. It was Logan, Provo, Park City, Cottonwood, Ogden, Enich, and Saint George for like a week July twenty sixth to August twelfth, and they did you know, different merph set ups. They did ball, hockey, street hockey, on ice, affordable clinics, and they had special guests that each stopped from the team. It was a lot of you know, the SEG broadcast team. And then Clayton Keller was in Saint George on August second for the final day. He was taking pictures, signing jerseys, talking to fans and you know, the main purpose of it was to just get hockey and the NHL team outside of downtown and throughout the entire state. And I was talking to Minete Malonell, who everyone knows is to play by play announcer for the team, and he was on a couple of the branches of the Mammoth Week tour and he said he was blown away by the outcome and how many people showed up and how many kids so excited even though they were a six hour drive from Delta Center at the time. So I think it just talks to the team's dedication to not just make it the Salt Lake City Mammoth and make it really a community asset for the entire state. So, you know, that's just one event they did, and you know that's something I've been impressed with for sure. Is all they do on the side of the hockey team actually.
Speaker 9: On the ice bell.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for the time. We're gonna blink in October. We'll be here so hockey right around the corner. Have a great week and be well, Okay, awesome, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 2: Belle Fraser covers the Utah Mammoth for the Solid Tribune.
Speaker 3: Just a phenomenal hire. She's done a great, great job.
Speaker 2: I wonder how long she'll be here at Belle Fraser One is where you find her on Twitter. You can support her at sl trip dot com and subscribe and support our good friends over at the Trip. The Utah Mammoth will begin play with a road heavy schedule starting on Thursday, October and the ninth at Colorado, eleven of the first fifteen games away from out to Center. Their home opener will be Wednesday, October fifteenth against Calgary, and tickets are on sale now. Learn about this new trend of grown people adults carrying around stuffed animals for like security.
Speaker 1: Have you have you have you seen any of this for what?
Speaker 9: For?
Speaker 1: Like? For like security?
Speaker 3: So you know like some people, yeah, some people have like emotional support dogs.
Speaker 1: There's this new trend.
Speaker 2: The Atlantic just did a piece on it where mostly in major cities where maybe some people might be losing it a little bit. Uh, grown adults are carrying around stuffed animals to calm their central nervous system.
Speaker 1: Do you have Do you have any thoughts on this?
Speaker 4: I think you gotta do what you gotta do, Okay. I don't like the trend.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: I Uh, I had a blankie for a while, nothing wrong with that. I had a blanky until I was at college.
Speaker 3: So did you call it blankie until you got to college. Yeah, yep, that's a little embarrassing. Did you ever have a stuffed animal when you were young that you love? Oh yeah, okay. It was a Clifford the big red dog.
Speaker 4: Cliff I love the Clifford the Red dog nephew has it nice and if he's ever like rough with it, I'm like, hey.
Speaker 3: Be nice to Clifford.
Speaker 1: You keep that nice.
Speaker 2: I had a giant bear there you go, with a yellow jersey number thirty three, and his name was Kareem abdul Ja Bear.
Speaker 3: It's a real story. There you go. I love that bear. Emotional support bear.
Speaker 2: Josh Furlong brings emotional support to the program on a Monday. Josh, did you have a stuffed animal that you love? Well, maybe you're part of this trend. Are you currently carrying around a stuffed animal?
Speaker 5: Heck no, And.
Speaker 9: I don't get it, but I did have a stuffed animal till I was what like five or whatever. There's a video of my dad back and so like I beat the crap out of that stuffed animal. And my mom she was a seamstress, and so she would like take it apart and try to fix it. Well, like they she took it apart and I couldn't find it, so I asked him where it is, and he's on video saying he's dead, and I'm just like, oh my gosh, so traumatizing. Yeah, no, I'm not a stuffed animal guy.
Speaker 2: Well, Josh, you can trauma dump on this show. At any point, do you still want to be friends with Porter even though you just found out he called his blanket blanky up until he was eighteen years old?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's that's questionable. I mean, like, I mean, did he take it to his dorms and like sleep with it? Okay, okay, I mean tweet their own you find comfort in once you find it comfort in.
Speaker 2: I guess at least you didn't call it like woobye or something, because blank he's better than some corny nickname. Anyway, let's move on, Josh, and let's talk you tough football your ma.
Speaker 3: I saw that you recorded a pod.
Speaker 2: I'll tune in, uh, certainly later on this week, as I do for all Josh's POD's main storylines. Week one Utah football camp go.
Speaker 9: I'd say, just kind of the optimism around this offense. I mean, it's easy, you know, coming in, and anything better would be optimistic compared to what you had last year. So I don't know that it's crazy, but at the same time, I think there's a genuine belief that this offense is pretty special. Kyle Whittingham talked about how this team came in from the spring. They made progress. You could tell they worked in the offseason and they didn't really take a step back. You know, sometimes when you get into this first day oft fall camp, you know, Kyle will talk about, Yeah, we got to get these guys ready, you know, I got to get them remembering that the football season's up. This was a completely different tone from Kyle, and it just seems like there's this real purpose for the offense, right Like a lot of these guys weren't even on the roster last year, but I think they've bought in two kind of the mindset that whatever happened last year was not good enough. And so you're seeing a team collectively come together wanting to improve, wanting to be better, and at least by all accounts, from the first week of the season, things have been trending in an upward momentum, and I think things are in a positive way right now.
Speaker 1: For the youth wide receivers.
Speaker 2: Josh wide receivers, wide receivers, wide receivers. Where we're at, Where are we at? Give us some names. Who do you thinks could be catching passes from Devin this year?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it's still TVD right, like I mean, until they've proven on the field, it's tough to know. But I think based on kind of what we've heard, Tobias Merriweather and Larry Simmons, two guys that came in after the in the spring portal, so after spring camp, have really kind of embraced their roles at Utah as being kind of the top guys. They both have a great frame to be able to be great assets for Devin Dampier. I mean, if you saw the tweet that Utah made where Isaac Wilson throw it to Larry Simmons, kind of shows the level of effort that that these players are making. But it sounds like they're doing well beyond that. I mean, you have your standard guys in Dandrin Zipper, a guy that's returning, one of the only returners who seems to be having a good camp. You've got other guys like Ryan Davis Whitmore. You know, some of these other guys that have done well. And then beyond that you have Hunter Andrews, You've got you know, Wireman playing Canaday, d and Dale and Bentley got Nate Johnson, JJ Buchanan who's a freshman that just got here, has been doing some good things. So I mean, I think they're at least serviceable, right, Like, we don't know if it's going to be to the level that the UTAH needs to really be effective, but I think they've got enough players that they feel good about that that there's gonna be some some ways to spread the ball around and not just rely solely on the run game.
Speaker 2: There have been youth fans in the past, certainly, and fans are fans, We love them, That's why we have jobs, but have been pining potentially for maybe a little bit of a different offensive approach, something a little bit more entertaining. And that's not entirely true because there have been certain seasons where the offense has been elite.
Speaker 3: We understand that this is a different look. It's a different approach.
Speaker 2: Like entirely tell you fans from a macro level what they're in for for Coach Becks offense.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, it's in the basic terms it's an uptempo offense, no huddles, It's a team that's going to be running, you know, rpo based spread type concepts. I would say there's simplistic in the sense that you know, it doesn't take a Bible to be able to understand what a wide receiver has to do. They don't have to look at the defense, they don't have to scheme against them and try to figure out what they're doing. It's you run this route. You've got probably you know, an alternative route if something blows up. But for the most part, it dialed back in the ways that allows this team to be able to just go out there and play football. In the past, with Andy Bludwig, you could have some complex offenses that were challenging, and if it worked, if you had a guy like Cam Rising understander that understood everything, you could have a beautiful run offense. The problem is very few players could pick that up, and so you're going to have a completely different offense. It's probably more familiar to these kids, kids that played rpo styles, spread style offenses in high school, maybe even younger, and so I think it's just more of a simplistic mindset of being able to attack the game. You know, Utah is going to still try to emphasize, you know, the run game. They're going to utilize that to be able to set everything up, and I just think there's going to be a lot of opportunities available for this team. It can include options. It's going to have some bubble screens, you know, you've got to have some downfield threats, and then you obviously have your run games. So I think it's just much more dynamic in just simplicity, but I think it's it's going to be one that if they can get everything hitting on the right notes, you could do some damage, especially with that offensive line and keeping from tempo, keeping the defensive guessing Devin dan Pere, really making guys on the defensive side and not understand what they're doing. So simple but still still effective in what they're able to do.
Speaker 2: For a fan base that certainly will probably be traumatized for a while about a quarterback potentially being injured when it comes to protecting Devin, I mean, obviously having maybe the best offensive line not just in the conference, but among the best offensive lines in the country will help how much of this quarterback run game will be design quarterback runs. How much of it is RPOs, how much of it is Devin's decisions, how much of it is coach Beck's calls.
Speaker 9: I think it's all of that, honestly. I mean, I think it's it's one of those things where everything's on the table. I don't think it's one of those where they're going to have a designed thing where you say, Okay, we're gonna run at X amount of times from Devon, We're going to have you know, way Shan run at X amount of times. It's it's gonna be dynamic and based on kind of what the defenses are giving you. Devin damp Pier will have designed runs. Those designed runs will also have options off of it. It'll have, you know, a bunch of different looks that are going to allow this team to be able to move. So I don't know that there's like one set thing, but I think you know, you're going to try to put the ball in your best player's hands, and Devin Dampier is clearly one of the best players on that roster, and so you're going to utilize him however you can, whether that's him passing and Jason Beck talked a lot about this last week about he's more than capable in the passing game. They just had, you know, different talent around him that that wasn't able to kind of make it work. So you know you're going to see he developed that. You know, I've heard from a numerous amount of guys that he's one of the best passers that they've seen running, you know, like he can go on the run and he can have accuracy on the run. So you know you're going to see a lot of different books from him. I don't know that it's going to be mapped out entirely in terms of what it's going to be, but I mean, this is a guy that only took four sacks last year, So you know, given the offensive line that he has this year versus last year, you have to at least like the chance that he's going to be protected. The freak things happened and you never really know.
Speaker 2: So wa Sean Parker with a solid season in Wazoo as a freshman close to eight hundred yards over five yards per carry, which obviously is a great number. Does it feel like that he has separated himself as RB one And what does the rest of that room look like?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's he's I mean, something would have to change for him not to be that guy. I mean, he's saying all the right things, he's doing all the right things. You know, he's coming in with a bit of confidence on his side. He thinks he can get to fifteen hundred yards this year, at least across the thousand yard barrier, and I think that would be great for Utah. But I think he's, you know, unless somebody takes it from him, he's the guy, and I don't see that happening right now. But beyond that, you have Nakari Rodgers, who was with New Mexico last year, so he understands the system Waysham was a bit banged up in spring and had to have a minor surgery and so that gave Rogers an opportunity to really kind of hone in and take those first team reps and he did really well with it. So I think you're going to see him, if not on like you know, short yardage situations, third down situations, try to try to move that. You've got Bryce Duke where he came in spring and we didn't get a chance to see him, So I think, you know, there's there's a chance that he pushes I've heard some good things about him and maybe getting that number two spot. But then you have some other guys like Daniel Bray, he's a freshman in spring. Kyle Whittingham talked about it's not really a question of if he'll see the field, it's about where and how. He's more of your gadget guy right now and kind of utilizing him in an off speed type situation, so you're gonna him. And then you also have devinie Green, the UNLB transfer who's going to come in and he had some good showings in the spring as well, So you know, I think there's a good room. I think they've got the potential to be able to mix it up wherever they need to. But I think one that would push them the most right now is the Kari Rodgers and Bryce Duke. But it still remains to be seen kind of where they're at, and I'm really curious to see how they stack up this week, especially when pads get on and kind of how they attack the defense.
Speaker 2: As we have all learned, and it's not just a Utah dynamic pretty much everywhere, you got to have at least a couple of quarterbacks ready to go. If not, sometimes three, maybe sometimes four or five. If recent history shows anything about Utah football.
Speaker 1: Coach Beck was asked.
Speaker 2: Jason Beck was asked last week about the quarterback room and the dynamic of what's going on behind Devin. He alluded to this was Wednesday, said quote, we're not too far away now from starting the game plan for UCLA. We have two scrimmages along the way. By the end of that second scrimmage, we'd really like to have an idea of what we're doing. After asked about the backup quarterback situation, of course, it's Isaac Wilson, who he saw in spot duty, well not justin spot duty. We saw him more than anybody was expecting last year and it didn't look great. And then this Bird Ficklin kid that's getting a lot of love from the coaching staff. Can you give us an idea where we're at in this race for QB two.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Bird has definitely been making a push, right. I think he's pushing Isaac aton He is a true freshman, and so I think there's I don't want to call it hesitancy, but I think you learned a lot last year with Isaac being a true freshman that he has to be hands down the best guy for him to take that QB two spot. I think the potential and the way that Jason Beck is running his offense probably fits Bird a little bit more simply because he's similar to Devin dan Pierre. But I think Isaac has really taken some strides in the offseason. You know, he was saying the right things in spring, talking about how, you know, he needs to be better, how he needs to be better leader. Just he understood all of that in at least, you know, by all accounts, seems like this offense should fit him more. He ran the spread at Corner Canyon, and so I think he understands that. He understands the RPO. You know, he's good in this system, and I think it's more simplistic for him to be able to understand. So I think, you know, if you're going into this, I think it's Isaac's to lose. I think he's got a leg up. I think that one year of experience does a lot. But I he's going to have to build a lot of trust, right not just from the coaching staff, but from the fan base that if he is the true number two. Guy Utah has to really like what he's doing. I don't think Kyle's going to go into this season saying, you know, we're just going to give Isaac that because he's a year older than Bird. I think he has to see something different. I think he has to see that he's matured, that he's willing to take the right steps, that he understands that he made mistakes last year. They obviously didn't put him in a great situation, but you know, learn from that and grow. And I think by all accounts it sounds like that's happened. But you know, only they can show. I mean, I go back to that tweet that I was talking about where he threw the touchdown pass to Larry Simmons. I still has an arm, and he still is able to showcase that he can hit tight window. I think he was just put in a tough position last year to be able to force play, not understanding the offense the way that he needed to not check down get the ball out quickly, and so if he can make those strides, I think he's a good reliable Number two.
Speaker 2: I was away last week and Porter and I were discussing this earlier in the show. In fact, I'll ask you when you take vacation, Like for me, I delete social media from my phone. I delete alerts from any sports outlet. I am disconnected. When Josh Burlong is on vacation, how connected is he to the worlds of sports.
Speaker 9: As I don't know? I mean, like I have to be, I think because I have to edit other people's stories. So I try as best as possible to kind of push it all aside. But there's always something that I'm looking for. I think it's really just kind of finding the right balance for you. For me, you know, I like to at least be in reach just in case something happens on the beat or something else happens with my workers, and so it's just kind of it's maintaining quiet without fully disconnecting. I quite honestly, I'd love to just fully to disconnect sometimes I think it's great. I just haven't been able to do that the last few years. So it's it's, you know, it's a give or take. But I've found a nice little bounce, right. I don't feel overly stressed by it by all means.
Speaker 2: I guess it's different because you actually have people that report to you and rely on you. I am an island porter and I we kind of.
Speaker 1: Do our thing.
Speaker 2: We have nobody that needs to worry about us. We don't need to worry about them, So it's different. But I bring it up because I had heard of.
Speaker 1: This Salissimo kid.
Speaker 2: But when I was kind of re entering in the atmosphere and re you know, installed the social media apps on the phone that you use for information, the story was everywhere, was all over the place. So walk us through this. How close was you taught to landing him? Did they think they had him? And why ultimately did he land at Tennessee.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so early on he was supposed to commit. I believe it was July fifth, and around that time, one of the on three guys, Steve what Olpsong, gave a prediction that said that he was going to commit to Utah and at that time it very much so was leaning and trending towards that. You know, he liked everything about his official visit. He liked everything about staying home, but there was always another team, generally being Tennessee and Tennessee mostly because of the SEC. He really loves the SEC. You know, wanted to play at Alabama wants to be able to have kind of that star power you know behind him. But for the longest time, it really felt like Utah. Now as it dragged on, it seems like, you know, Tennessee was creeping in. But at the same time, these were two teams that were pretty evenly matched in terms of the resources and kind of what they wanted for him, And it honestly just came down to the night before of him him really settling on Tennessee. I you know, I think it's it's definitely a blow for Utah in the sense that you lose the top recruit from your state. Obviously a legacy kid with Ben Moa going to Utah. But I don't like to me like, I don't get into this level where it's just like the end of the world, right, Like, I think it's one kid, and in the age of the transfer portal, there's just so many more proven commodities that you can get immediately instead of trying to rely on or recruit. Now, don't get me wrong, this is a kid that was a consensus five star by twenty four seven Sports. You know, there's a lot of upside. His impact on the field on day one likely would have been higher than most, but I think, you know, it's not a big indictment on Utah. They do need to improve, but I think in the age of the transfer portal, if you can hit on the right amount of players, you're going to be fine. And it seems like Utah has done well. We're really going to see that truly this year with their full offense rebuild from the portal. So it's one player, yes, it's a five star. It's a kid that you absolutely need to get it with him in your backyard. But you know, seventeen eighteen year old kids are going to do what they want and if it means playing in the SEC is you know what is has a drawn him. You know, there's not much you can do at Utah outside of just doubling the money or whatever it is to kind of pull a kid like that.
Speaker 2: And to your point about the transfer portal, it really changes it. You know, it's interesting, Josh on a number of levels, because like it changes the way we cover National Signing Day, National level Letter of Intent Day. They used to be like an all day, you know, uh, covered on the radio, covered on the newspaper, and it's all anybody ever wanted to talk about and now. While recruiting remains a big piece of what you have to do to acquire talent for your program, the transfer portal has also changed the I'll call it the prescient nature of analyzing, you know, these young people who are coming to college out of high school and whether or not they're ready to play college football. It does feel like Brigham Young has made quite the inroads for their twenty twenty six class. From a macro level where we at with Utah for their twenty twenty six recruiting class, yeah, they're.
Speaker 9: They're far far behind, Like BYU is in a top twenty five class in Utah's top fifty, Right have they gotten MOA. There's a chance that they would have been top thirty. But it's it's one where you know, Utah needs some work to do. At the same time, you're coming off of two years that we're disappointing. You know, it's it's not easy to kind of showcase that two kids that have short lifestyle some are short lifespans in terms of college sports, and so you've got to be able to brand yourself as a good team right now and right now BYU is getting a lot of that momentum, Utah still did better than I think many expected based on how the last couple of seasons went. But it's one of those things where you have to you have to maintain good, right like you have to be good, You've got to show it up. You've got to be able to keep that marketability around to be able to make it work. So right now, BYU, not just from an NIL standpoint, but just all around vibes around the team has has taken that, you know, but it's cyclical, right, You're going to get a lot of that that changes. Utah was benefiting a ton because they were in the PAC twelve and BUYU is independent. They had a much better opportunity that way, and so it changes. You know, there's going to be things depending on this year where maybe kids flip or they they change the trajectory of it, and so you know, unless they're you know, one of these teams that have to recruit at a top level to compete for a national championship, I think anywhere above fifty is going to be fine for Utah as long as they are evaluating properly and getting at least at least they're hitting on a majority of these kids. If not, yeah, then it's a disappointment and you're really just trying to catch up on something that is already you know, well out of their range right now.
Speaker 3: From a local standpoint, how is Utah hanging in?
Speaker 2: It felt like for about I don't know, maybe a decade to your earlier point about by Uspoorian into independence and Utah's inclusion into the PAC twelve, and of course, of course Coach went and what he's built, it felt like more often than not for a long time, Utah was getting most any local kid they wanted, including for a number of years the Chase Hanson's and the Britain Covees and the kids it felt like they were BYU tried and true oftentimes ended up in Salt Lake City. What's the dynamic like currently, Josh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think the biggest change there is more around the LDS kids, the kids that you know, you would expect to be BYU that Utah picked up, you know, the Britain Coveyes, the Chase Hansson's. Like you said, these are the kids that BYU kind of whiffed on a little bit, and whether it was they weren't evaluating them the right way, or they just weren't viewed as the better team. You know, Utah was able to pick that up. And so I think you've seen a lot of that this year where there's some kids that have just been diehard BYU fens their entire life and they wanted to go to BYU and you were always not going to get those kids. But I think there's there's some kids recently that that maybe they were you know, waffling a little bit and trying to figure out how it goes and if the religious side of things is top of mind, you know, that kind of pushes them over because now they've got a school that as an upward trajectory. The NIL seems to be in a good situation. The results on the field last year were good, and obviously they're hoping to back that up this year. But it seems like there's a much better vibe in terms of kind of what's happened recently for BYU. But Utah. You know, look, Utah still gets the national respect. They're still going to be considered a top twenty five type team where even though they've had these poor seasons, the stuff that they've done the last few years of building them up, so I think it just it depends on where you pull from, right, and I think each school has their own opportunities to pull from something different. But it's just a matter of kind of the results on the field, kind of being the swaying the vote.
Speaker 2: At the end, it feels like, I don't know, maybe last year because it was Utah's first year in the Big Twelve, and it was also the first year the expanded CFP, it felt like last year there was more conversation, there was more written work, there were more topically prevalent situations regarding whether or not this is coach wits last dance Sean O'Connell on our radio station down at Big Twelve Media Days. I'll let Sean speak for himself, but according to what he's been told, it feels like to him this might be it so curious as to whether or not you have any information, And then attendant to the question what do you think? Like, part of me feels like if Utah was asu last year, Kyle's done, did the thing won, the Big Twelve went to the Cfbok.
Speaker 1: Morgan, I'm handing it off to you.
Speaker 2: I think he would prefer to go out on a different level, and he has certainly earned the right to do that. But are you getting any info as to whether or not this will be Kyle's last dance? And then what do you think has to happen this year in order for that decision to be made.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, I think everything's trending that way. You know, I think the real belief was he wanted to go out with Cam Rising. You know, he and Andy Ludwig, We're going to you know, right out into the sunset. At the same time Cam Rising left. As they go and win the Big Twelve, you get your third conference championship and you know, three different conferences, and you know, you get this opportunity to be able to do something that very few coaches have ever done. And so I think, you know, everything was kind of lending itself to that. And even as it got late in the season and Utah clearly wasn't the team that they wanted to be, there was still this kind of consensus that Kyle was done. But clearly like it didn't work that way. You know, he was much more candid at Big Twelve media days talking about how he just wasn't satisfied with the way he went down. But I think just kind of the vibes around the program and you know, the things the people that I've talked to, it does feel like this year is the final year, assuming that Utah has a successful year, Now what that means, you know that that's questionable, right, Like I obviously a Big twelve championship and getting into the playoffs I think is something that he ultimately wants. I think he would love to end his career having an opportunity to at least play in the playoffs. But at the same time, I think if the Utah can have a season in which that they're contending for a Big twelve title down to the wire, I think that may be good enough. You know, I don't know what that looks like. You know, in the Big Twelve. It could be eight wins, it could be ten wins. But I think at least if they're in contention, that might put him over the edge to at least say, hey, look, you know you're never going to get everything perfect, but at least we were able to go out on a high note instead of kind of what they did last year. So I don't know that there's an exact number sure Big Twelve Championship, playoff birth would be ideal for him to kind of write out into the sunset. But I think if they have a solid season, you know, I think that could put him over the edge. But honestly, it's really going to just come down to how he's feeling at that time, and I don't know that anybody knows, including himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you referenced the naturally the national respect that Utah continues to have. And it's interesting this time of year, we're all looking at previews, we're all listening to podcasts, and you can tell that when it comes to Utah, even if it's a media member or a prognosticator that isn't overly familiar with the program right now, they all say things like, well, they're they're head coach is Kyle Wittingham, so we know what they're going to be, you know, coach with we'll have them ready to play when this transition happens. Do you think that natural inclination that most people have to give this program the benefit of the doubt goes away for a moment before we learn what Morgan is as the head coach.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, I think it'll go a little bit right like, and I think it depends on how Utah finishes when Kyle does retired. I mean, if Utah is still considered a top to your team and they're bringing back you know, let's say he retired this year and you're bringing back Devin damp Here next year, I think that gives you kind of some extra hope that that will help Morgan. But I think you're going to look at it in a way where if Morgan can keep the majority of his staff that he has right now, I think you'll still get some love. But you know, you're going to see it similar to like Alabama with Nick Saban, Like you don't want to necessarily be the guy that follows the legend, and so there's going to be more scrutiny on that. There's going to be you know, maybe some more doubt where they'll still give you that expect and say, hey, we know that Utah is good. It helps that Morgan Scaley's been in the system that he you know, he's you know, Kyle's proteget so to speak, he's been helping run the show that there shouldn't be much of a falloff. But I think until Morgan can truly prove it, and it may not even take that long, I still think there's going to be questions, and I think that's fair, right, Like I think there should be questions. Anybody that knows Morgan understands he understands football. But there's a lot of brilliant minds out there that understand football and don't have success as a coach. So, you know, I think until he can prove it on the field, you know, it's still going to be a question. But I think he's done enough and the you know, Utah it self has done enough that he'll get at least a little bit of the benefits of the doubt.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on Utah's strength of schedule and what are the games that's hand out most to you. According to CBS Sports, they have the Big Twelve strength of schedule like this, Baylor one, TCU two, and then they have Utah three, third hardest schedule in the Big twelve. B YU is all the way down at sixteen. This is CBS Sports. They believe b YU has the easiest schedule. They think Utah as the third hard ist schedule. Does that kind of drive with your understanding? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean you're getting some theft teams, right, like you obviously have to go play Baylor on the road late in the season. You know, Baylor could be you know, hitting on all cylinders at that point, or they could be a shell of what we think they are going to be. But by and large, you do get most of those teams the top teams, so like Arizona State, Texas Tech, you get them at home, and so there are some advantages to a difficult schedule. They also have a six week period where they don't even leave the state, So I don't know if that's good or bad, but at least it gives you an opportunity to kind of stay familiar with where you're at. If things are going wrong, you're not worrying about traveling. So I think despite Utah having a difficult path and teams that absolutely could present a challenge, I think it lays up well enough that, like you know, it's not going to be Murderer's Row by any means. I think there's years in the fact twelve that they face worse, you know, with the UFC, Oregon, Washington in that kind of situation. But I think by and large, the wholesome depth of this, I think it can be a pretty pretty challenging thing for USA. But I think they get a majority of their breaks at home, so I think it kind of weighs out a bit. You know, I don't think it's good or bad. I think it's actually a pretty solid schedule. Maybe that's a vanilla answer, but I don't think it's like the worst schedule that they could have had.
Speaker 2: All right, Josh, before I say you lose, you know, the Coaches poll, the USA Today Coaches Poll, oftentimes you might as well use it as toilet paper because these coaches don't necessarily I'm not saying all of them, but you know, the reputation around this poll. Do coaches really dig in to rank their top twenty five? Is that the assistant sid? Is it an intern? Who knows? But it is early August. We're inching our way towards games, so stuff like this is topical.
Speaker 3: The AP pool, which you are a.
Speaker 2: Voter for, will come out next week BYU at twenty three Utah receiving votes, and if you just go down the list after the top twenty five is done, it puts Utah as the thirtieth team in this poll. Highest ranked Big twelve team is Arizona State, they're at eleven, and then you've got k State at twenty. I always stayed at twenty one, BYU at twenty three, Texas Tech twenty four, and like I said, Utah thirty.
Speaker 1: What do you make of that? Generally speaking?
Speaker 2: Do you think that's similar to what we'll see when the AP is released next week?
Speaker 9: I mean, I think Arizona State will probably be similar. They'll probably be somewhere between eleven to fifteen if I had to guess. But outside of that, you know, it remains a crapshoot. I don't like I think the coach's poll is weighing heavily on the result of last year, well somewhat using kind of the progression of this year. You're putting Texas Tech in there simply because they've gone to the transfer portal and gotten a ton of players, and I, you know, I think that they deserve there. BYU probably get some respection last year, but I think they're probably outside until they can prove some thing. To me, I would say, Baylor, who is you know? If you counted at thirty one, I think they should be in there. I think they finished the season strong. They return an incredible amount of talent back on their roster, so for me, like, I think they sneak into the top twenty five next week. But I mean this kind of goes to the nature of the Big Twelve, right, Like there's just so many teams that aren't contention for a Big Twelve title this year, and so you could put any one of those teams eleven through fifty, and I think you're going to be, you know, pretty close to what it's going to be, just until it kind of sorts itself out. So I don't take too much frustration with it. You know. It's not the way that I would rank it personally, It's not the way that I did rank it. But I think teams like BYU and Utah specifically have a little bit more to prove before they get in the top twenty five. But I wouldn't be at all shocked if either one of them are in the apeopole next next week or in any of these orders or this way. But I do think Baylor should probably be in there.
Speaker 2: Josh, my man, thanks for the time on Monday. Keep up the great work, have a good week. We'll chat soon.
Speaker 9: Okay, sounds great. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Since Josh Furlong covers the youth for KSL always appreciate his time. Stops Bot today courtesy of our friends at IFA Country Stores. Like any good coach, it's time to update the game plan for a healthy green lawn. As the hot weather continues this month, make sure you're using IFA's Step three Summer lawn Food for healthy turf that stays green and every season IFA Step three Lawn Food. It's the ultimate lawn owner power move. With our good friends at IFA, I'm going to bring in Pablo. Pablo Master ready come out up in a bit. Reinforcements on the way for RSL. We'll talk about some of the new players, but Porter we have a trade. In the world of professional basketball.
Speaker 1: We have some breaking news. Hold on Jazz fans.
Speaker 2: The Salt Lake City Stars, the official ge League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, have acquired a.
Speaker 1: Second round pick.
Speaker 2: From the Long Island Nets in exchange reformer for forward Jalen Giney who goes to Mexico City and a three team deal. Gany twenty three games for the Stars last year, three points, four boards, twelve minutes.
Speaker 3: Stars get a second round pick.
Speaker 1: That's what you call a blockbuster. Very season deals.
Speaker 2: Speaking of trades, you're allowed to just not be a Cowboys fan. I think we're there if they screw the Mica Parsons thing up. I think you're officially allowed to pick a new pro football team.
Speaker 4: You know, you would think so, you would think so, But it's kind of just par for the course. Like our guy Martin's been bugging me about the Putt and Micah Parsons thing all off season. I said, dude, it's gonna end poorly and I'm gonna be mad about it. And that's being a Cowboys fan. And well, here we are. It's looking like it's gonna end poorly, and the Cowboys are gonna run back. You know, I think probably a slightly above average team, enough to sell all the merch and all the tickets that Jerry Jones desires, and we'll do it again next year.
Speaker 2: But like, you can't screw it up with that guy, you know, like he's the one guy you can't screw it up with.
Speaker 4: I think the Cowboys have shown that when it comes to like long term deals and extensions and taking care of players that you in your locker room that you want to, you know, keep long term, they can screw it up with anybody, their quarterback, their running backs, their star pass rushers, left tackles, they'll they'll go out on a limb and pretty much make anyone angry when it comes to contract stuff.
Speaker 3: Have you seen Lebron James swing a golf club?
Speaker 1: By the way I have?
Speaker 2: It always cracks me up because I think a lot of people just view golf as something that's pretty easy, like if you've never played it before. Lebron James might be not just the best NBA player of this generation, he might be the best athlete, full stop, period of this generation. And he looks like he's never swung a golf club in his life before. You would think an athlete like that would just have some sort of natural inclination. There's a video going around to Lebron playing golf with Broddy, his son, and every shot he hits is like a flop shot because he can't make full contact with the ball. Now, my man looks like he's having a good time. But I always you see it a lot like if you go up to some of these media tournaments, some of the ex college guys are they are the ex college basketball players that they're the ex college football players are there in incredibly gifted athletes. There seems to be no translation with raw athleticism and the ability to swing a golf club like you would think Lebron would have more of a natural inclination of doing it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have kind of a unique perspective here because I have played golf with my mom, my grandmother. I have played golf with like elite climbers, right, I have played golf with really good basketball players, and I have played around a golf with a literally a guy with a jacket. Okay, so Mark, right, Marcomera, I wasn't gonna name drop, but thank you for doing something.
Speaker 1: I want to play golf with Markomera.
Speaker 4: So I you know, I've seen all the levels of golf. I when people ask me about the sport that you know, maybe aren't playing it or not super into it, I tell them it is the easiest sport to play, the hardest spart the hardest sport to master or be good at, because you can literally just like pull up in a golf club, step one foot out of your cart and smack that thing, and hey you might get a good chot every once in a while. It's very easy just to go out and play. But if you want to be good, if you want to master it, it takes more reps and more practice and more like attention to detail then maybe any of the other.
Speaker 1: Like major major covered sports.
Speaker 2: Michael Jordan himself the hardest game he's ever played. Update just for you. I have set the over under for club breaks this year at one point five. I'm allowing one club break this year, same as last year. No no, no, no, no no no no no no no no. We well, if I recall correctly, we may have set the over under a one point five and everybody smashed the over and everybody won money. Okay, at some point there's an economic factor. These golf clubs are not cheap. And I am happy to report that we have turned our calendars to August and there have been zero club breaks.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you got some cushion. Zero club breaks.
Speaker 2: I cannot say in good conscience there have been zero club throws. Fine, there have been a few. There are a few last week last week. I have not No one gives a rip about this. I know I have not played well in like a month and it's really starting to grind on me. So the driver was chucked into a tree that demanded a little climbing. Okay, I also had to go this. This really pissed me off. Okay, this last week really pissed me off. So par three, I know, nobody cares. We'll get back to football. Hold on par three, about one hundred and seventy eight yards, I hit a pure eight iron that was headed right for the pin, lands on the green, rolls back into like the fescue, like the horrible rough that was right in front of the green, like love. It did not get any release, got a little backspin. Didn't really realize this, but an older gentleman was sitting on his deck witnessing this entire thing. I take one hack out of the fescue. The ball barely goes two feet, take another hack, doesn't move at all. Then swing as hard as I can and just skull it, you know, over into the other fairway. And this dude starts cackling and laughing so hard, and I turn around just chuck my sixty degree so angry. He's like, yeah, golf's got of a tough game, and started. I wanted to walk over there and put my sixty degree up.
Speaker 3: You know what, Yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 1: It's I find of love.
Speaker 3: No, you can do not sit in your ivory tower and look down on golfers having a tough time and then mock them.
Speaker 1: What kind of human does that.
Speaker 4: It's better than the guy at the Park City Municipal Resort that I think has twice tried to fight me on the golf course.
Speaker 1: Why because he lives in a like listen, you try not to hit the ball into the house. You just try. That's pretty clear. I'm not trying to.
Speaker 4: But my buddy, you live on like a dog leg to the left and you look right on the corner there. He apparently he causes issues with Like, there's probably people listening who have at the pond at the Park City MUNI had an issue with the guy on his back deck. I'm telling you there's people who text in if you.
Speaker 3: Have you know what hole we're talking I love.
Speaker 1: I haven't been there a long time. Okay, but I hit this ball.
Speaker 4: He comes out, Hey, learn how to golf right, And then my buddy steps up. He hits the ball and it doesn't just like go over there. It hits this guy's deck. While the guy's standing on the deck, and he gets like aggressive about it.
Speaker 2: So it went back to back. He had two balls. But brother, yeah, yeah, you're not wrong. Hey, yeah, you're.
Speaker 4: On the tea box. There's some cowboys that are trying to play some golf.
Speaker 1: Be patient.
Speaker 4: If you're out there like heckling, I'm okay with it. Just don't try to fight the golfers. You live on a golf course, I'm sure you have insurance.
Speaker 2: You cannot be the person that buys the home on the golf course and that shock that your house is getting hit by golf balls, especially due respect at a Muni course. Okay, and look you're talking there. You're talking to Bonnie. Okay, you're talking. You're talking to a guy that's grinding at Bonnie and Mountain Dell every weekend. I'm not some country club snop and PC Muni is a wonderful course. But if you're going to buy a house, certainly on a dog leg where my guess is you know you're probably faders right, you're probably slicing it into his home, which is the most natural flight path for amateur golfers. You have no business being upset when your house get hit gets hit by golf balls. Anyway, I digress. The video of Lebron playing golf going around was pretty interesting. Poor are typically you know you're producing, you're getting things done. So you know, when I'm interviewing Josh for long for a while or starting the show off with some Utah football, oftentimes we can, you know, run out of a segment without getting your take. So I wanted to bring you in a couple of questions that I asked Josh. First of all, I was talking about this with shondering crosstalk. I think he set the over under for a wide receiver something like seven hundred yards. It does feel like and as we've discussed throughout the course of the show and certainly topically throughout the course of fall camp, we'll continue to keep an eye on Provo and Byu with that starting quarterback job. It doesn't feel like there are a ton of question marks for Utah entering the season this year. Certainly a couple here there, but the biggest one has to be wide receiver.
Speaker 3: And you know, there's a list of five or six names that we could kind.
Speaker 1: Of go over a little bit.
Speaker 2: Are you hearing anything about this group and how it's coming together? It just feels like it is the one glaring question concerning a positional group at Utah, and if that's the only positional group we're worried about, it's probably not a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you want to zoom out.
Speaker 4: I also want to learn quite a bit on the depth at de tackle right. A lot of faces we haven't seen yet, and we know that's a rotation that Kyle and co. Likes to go six seven deep sometimes cornerback as well. We know the departures, we know the faces that are there. We also know there's some transfer ins that are going to make that conversation interesting. But Jess, the big question going into fall camp is who's Devid Dempire going to throw to on a night to night basis tight end.
Speaker 1: We have a good idea there's some bodies there.
Speaker 4: I think the loss of Land and King leaves some opportunity for some young guys at the tight end position. But yeah, man, it's going to be by committee at wide receiver. And we asked Micah Simon, the wide receiver coach, last week, you know what that hierarchy is looking like and he kind of declined to answer, which I think tells you tells you what we're working with. There's gonna be have to be someone that you know, I don't think you need a number one guy. We look at the Darren Carrington, we look for a thousand yard receiver. I don't think Devin Dampier and this offense are going to need that. But man, you're really gonna want someone to show out in fall camp to give you a feeling that there's at least the ability in that room to make a lot of plays.
Speaker 1: Who it's going to be.
Speaker 4: You know, there's Creed with more, There's a bunch of transfers. There's players there that I think that this staff is confident in, but they're even on the hill kind of declining to tell us that anyone's.
Speaker 1: Distancing themselves in any sort of way. Zach Williams was thought to be the number one.
Speaker 2: He's off to Southern Cal after a really good performance in the spring. Five new transfers for Utah at the wide receiver position. The Tobias Merriweather kid looks the part. He's six', five one ninety. Five Ryan davis comes in From New, mexico obviously familiar with Coach beck And. Devin tobias played At cal last, year but sparingly he only. CAUGHT i think eleven, Passes Larry, Simmons southern Miss, Justin Steve Stevenson wyoming and As porter Reference Creed whittemore as. Well so even If zach didn't, TRANSFER i, mean he wasn't all that. Proven this is a positional group THAT i think leaves a lot to be desired at least.
Speaker 1: Learning more about.
Speaker 2: THEM i do Wonder, porter AND i always hesitate to, say, well youth fans want, this and all youth, fans you, KNOW i think there have been some grumbling in the past about maybe a little bit of lack of creativity on offense and maybe wanting something a little bit, Different and that's not entirely fair because coach lud had some of the best offenses in the history of the school and obviously won a couple Of pac twelve championships to, boot do you feel like the what is perceived to be a more entertaining approach with no huddles and you, know the ability to spread the field and a dynamic. Quarterback do you think the offense will be more entertaining this year to you?
Speaker 1: OFFENSE i. Hope.
Speaker 4: So, right there's a lot of context, there and part of it is that this offense. Was it wasn't even What Andy ludwig wanted it to.
Speaker 1: Be last. Year he was dealing with.
Speaker 4: Obviously a rash of injuries and a whole bunch of a whole bunch of stuff off the field that you just can't really plan. For and you, know when you're you're dealing with your third string, quarterback you're in your fourth string running, back your your playbook gets. Tight, man the operations that your, freshman your red, shirt your fourth string quarterback can run, through they're pretty limited in a lot of. Ways and we heard that from the. Staff so, yes this offense will be more. Entertaining DO i think it's going to look exactly like the offense of What New mexico did? NOW i think there's going to be an element, of, hey this is still A Kyle winningham coach. Team Morgan scalley still has the. Defense on the other. Side we're not going to, necessarily you, know throw The harlem globetrotters out, there but we are going to try some things that you maybe haven't. Seen that is part Of Jason beck's, identity that's kind of how he's built a name for, himself is you're going to see. Motions you're going to see guys moving in ways that sometimes looks silly on a football, field but they're meant to do. Things they're meant to get The mike linebacker looking in the opposite. Direction they're meant to get you a safety down the middle of the field just to turn his hips for a quick. Second there are little intricacies of his offense that somewhat similarly To Andy, Ludwig you're going to see that you have not ever seen. Before that's going to be fun For utah fans learning about, that identifying those things and figuring out how some of these players fit into an offense that, is, YES i think going to be quite a bit more entertaining than last.
Speaker 2: YEARS i also like the dynamic of the opening game at The Rose BOWL.
Speaker 1: Ucla it is a late.
Speaker 2: Kick that's nine O'clock mountain time On fox On august the, thirtieth so we are just twenty six days away from. Kickoff and when you look at The Bill connley, stuff THE smp That bill uses to predict, conferences he has let's SEE ucla number fifty one in the, country AND i think only, Yeah Michigan, State Northwestern Maryland purdue are the only teams That bill has BELOW, Ucla SO i kind of like the dynamic of an opening game against A p four team out of The Big, ten but a team that you really should be able to handle and get a. Win devin gets to experience what it's like to go on the road and play a. TEAM i don't know What UCLA's fan base is looking like these. Days they had a pretty down year last, year but they're not thought to be, great but They, ucla so they will have athletes and good football players for an opening.
Speaker 1: GAME i actually kind of like this.
Speaker 2: ONE i think a landing spot where you you should go on the road and get a. Win you will experience one of the greatest stadiums in all of college football and a football team that can at least provide some. PUSHBACK i always hate THE Fbsfcs week. One it's gonna be seventy to. THREE i don't think that does much for, you and maybe that's the deal with Cal, Poly but opening DAY ucla kind of like that.
Speaker 1: One i'm with.
Speaker 4: You, obviously it's a Former pac twelve opponent in a storied, venue so there's just a little extra FLAIR a little extra excitement.
Speaker 1: For a game in The Rose.
Speaker 4: Bowl regardless of the, situation regardless of the. Context but like you, said it also gives you taugh an opportunity to knock the rust off without like playing down to competition or having to adjust the way they. Play you're gonna have, to you, know bring your a game to BEAT ucla On week. One you're going to have to work through a few. Things you haven't been able to play live full reps so far this. Year so that's gonna be big for the youths to get off on the right. Foot and here's the beauty of. It say it's not pretty week. ONE a new offensive, coordinator a new, quarterback a group of coaching staffs that are going into their first game as a tandem. Unit if it's not, pretty you Play ucla year zero and, one it doesn't, matter because you're now in The big. Twelve you have an opportunity to kind of right those wrongs in a way that before the expanded. Playoff you, know you lose To, ucla you used to lose to a comparable team In week, one and that does a lot more damage than maybe it did, two, three four years.
Speaker 2: Ago ucla returned sixty seven. Starters that second last in The Big ten only To. Purdue they returned sixty seven, starters they have sixty seven transfers and, recruits and as far as the projections, go, Yeah conley has them as the fifty first ranked team in the. Country Only Michigan, State, Maryland, northwestern And.
Speaker 3: Purdue we're below them in The Big. Ten so That's utah's first.
Speaker 2: Opponent coverage Of utah Football, Camp kyle has brought you in part By Big, Willies Beer, bar The, Advocates Baskin, Robbins Big O', tires Mountain Land Power, equipment advanced window, products and. Others as we are high speed ahead to game dates right around the, corner just over three weeks, away so stay tuned for that eight real. Quick we're gonna let you hear From Devin Dan. Pierre we're gonna let you hear From Jason. Beck If tom, allows we'll get to some other. Sound have you tinkered at all with the either for you algorithm or following algorithm On?
Speaker 4: TWITTER i kind of gave up on the scroll part of, that so not really not, really definitely no.
Speaker 1: TINKERING i still see it every once in.
Speaker 2: A WHILE i feel like every time you move over to the for you, portion it's like high school kids fighting in.
Speaker 1: Bathrooms, yeah, yeah you get a lot lot of. That that's kind of WHAT i was alluding. To it's really.
Speaker 3: Weird it's really strange. Anyway maybe that's just.
Speaker 1: What i've you, know How I've i've brought my algorithm to.
Speaker 2: Me i've never intentionally clicked on a video of two high schoolers fighting in a.
Speaker 3: STALL i didn't think. Sothing it's really weird. Anyway all, right we're gonna bring In pablo Mash.
Speaker 2: JOHNNIE rsl has a midweek tilt and they're back at action AND mls leagues play coming up On. Saturday but before we do, that it is that time of year where we have a little bit of access To utah football players and coaches As Camp kyle is. Underway so in case you missed any of, it we'll start with the NEW qb one for the.
Speaker 3: Utes Here's Devin. Dampier, devin how was it out?
Speaker 6: There it was?
Speaker 1: Fun it was. Fun glad to be with the. BOYS i, mean you, know this is what you dream.
Speaker 11: For so getting closer to the, season we've got high expectations during these, practices AND i think we made a good impression towards.
Speaker 6: That it don't seem like in.
Speaker 10: Spring there a good amount of energy of trying to get after.
Speaker 1: It how different is it involved there's a.
Speaker 12: Game, yeah you, know we practice in a way that's very, safe but at the end of the, day you, know we're still going one hundred. Percent so it's definitely the way we have the Structured we're still allowed to go one hundred percent whilst having to take practices Of, YEAH i, mean practices are.
Speaker 13: Real, Davin do you have to take a different approach with your leadership and being more assertive now that it's fall camp in the season is right around the.
Speaker 9: Corner, yeah you.
Speaker 11: KNOW i try to be the same person throughout the, year but you, know obviously we have new people that just got, here so just to be able to get.
Speaker 6: In that impression and get them hot.
Speaker 11: On they got a shorter amount of time to go with the, Program so just to make sure we're emphasizing that that's the leadership That i'm are right.
Speaker 14: Now is there anything that's really kind of the change revolved about coachbacks offense coming From New?
Speaker 10: Mexico good, AREA i mean just the smallest.
Speaker 11: Weeks Coach beck is the coach that you, know he looks for the best out of his player and you know he finds a way to get them in their best. Situation, so, uh you, know different guys can do different, things and you, know we we explore those.
Speaker 15: Talents you have a lot of new, receivers, Obviously tobias And larry are. There what have you kind of done to help bring them, along get the, maclimated The utah and so.
Speaker 6: Forth, yeah just the extra work.
Speaker 11: Summer you, know we're not allowed to be with the, coaches and just to tell those guys they let's go outside and. Work AND i mean they were there every day that we did those type of, practices so you know they're willing to.
Speaker 14: Grind do you have anything specifically that you want to work on during the next few next leading.
Speaker 6: On your first?
Speaker 1: Game, yeah just.
Speaker 11: CONTINUED i mean you're never gonna be one hundred, Percent you're never gonna be, perfect so just continue to learn the game and right, now just connection with the.
Speaker 1: Receivers though again we got to do a bunch of.
Speaker 11: New, guys so just be able to make that connection right.
Speaker 1: Now what's your first impression Of Mary.
Speaker 11: Well, Uh tobias is a. Guy he came out here and obviously he stood out. Today so you, know here's kudos of. Him but he's gonna be ready at u c L a for.
Speaker 2: Sure All, RIGHT i gotta do. IT i GOT i gotta do, it AND i only do it once a. Year, OKAY i only do it once a, year BUT i gotta do. It you have to my, Guy Paul, kirk my guy whoever else is up, there to all of my dear friends WHO i love and respect in the door at The university Of utah football. Program stop conducting interviews while the jugs machine is. On please please just, studiase maybe just while they're doing the, interviews just chill with the jugs.
Speaker 3: Machine you.
Speaker 1: Can you can turn it off for five to ten. MINUTES i know that you.
Speaker 8: Can.
Speaker 4: Yeah i've been doing those scrum interviews for long enough THAT i almost kind of think that it's part of the. Deal it's like ALMOST i don't Know edict's down from the, top, like hey throw them over. There BUT i digress BECAUSE i have mentioned it how many. Times, right we're not on. Video we rely on. Audio we are a radio and you, know Whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm tempted to write a strongly worded email To Taylor.
Speaker 2: Randall oh to rand to the. President you said it might come from the. Top i'll go to the, top. MAN i Know, TAYLOR i Know, teresa his assistant word for us AT. RSL i might write a stroke and you know. Me in my relationship with, email it does not.
Speaker 1: Exist, yeah you don't do too much. Email, NO i.
Speaker 2: Actually just cleaned out my email from the entire TIME i was.
Speaker 1: GONE i didn't look at it. Once good for.
Speaker 2: You so both the Personal gmail and THE espn email there Now i'm caught up love it got some new. Sponsors good news, there shout OUT dj checked out that email mostly just spam on The gmail. Side but, look it's not that. Hard and it's been going on. Forever do you know when this? Started when did we start being forced interview these players and coaches right next to the jugs?
Speaker 4: MACHINE i MEAN i have been covering the team since twenty, sixteen twenty, seventeen and it's been that.
Speaker 3: TIME i can't tell you about. Before but all, right well are the other? Interviews are?
Speaker 4: WE i got some sound for you with. It no, jugs no. Jugs you, know we walked. Inside okay to the, Media.
Speaker 1: Yeah can we just do that from now?
Speaker 3: On and we interviewed the coaches in this nice comfortable, environment so we'll play some of that.
Speaker 2: Now all, Right we'll let's you hear from the new offensive coordinator for The university of You.
Speaker 1: Tah Here's Jason.
Speaker 13: Beck spring ball is, about you, know installing the. Offense what is the next phase In paul camp in terms of your offense and getting it integrated with the.
Speaker 14: Guys you obviously need to be ready for all the situations that are going to be coming, up and it's really identifying who are the trustworthy, guys the playmaker. Guys when you put those eleven guys, together all doing their different, roles you know who can you depend on and count.
Speaker 6: On so it's a matter of finding.
Speaker 14: Consistency who showed up every day consistently getting their job done so we know we can count on him to put him out there for the. Game so that's where you're trying to develop that and tease that out of who to count on when you put him out.
Speaker 15: There the last six, Months devn's really taken some time to establish his full and, LEADERSHIP i guess heading into fall, camp as the offensive, coordinator and just what are you looking for him to continue to make steps and establish himself in the offense and and so.
Speaker 14: Forth, yeah just continuing to lead both first by example through his play and that real consistent playmaker doing the right, things and then being a good, teammate which means if you.
Speaker 6: See, something you, know you're not their, friend you're their.
Speaker 14: Teammate and whether that's positively reinforcing what they're, doing or whether that's whether that's asking him to live up to a different. Standard and so dev shows up every day and work charm and he leads by, example and so just continue to do that and then and bring everybody else a long and develop the chemistry with all those score.
Speaker 10: Guys when it comes TO qb two, spot what are you looking for and how quickly do you want to try to establish?
Speaker 14: That, YEAH i mean you're not too far away now from you start game.
Speaker 6: PLANNING ucla and.
Speaker 14: In the seasons here and so we have two scrimmages along the, way and by the end of that second, scrimmage you would really like to have an idea plan of here's what we're doing the same. Thing it's all, about, man who can you. Trust who can you depend, on who's being consistent and in that role when their numbers, called their opportunity comes, up who's going to be ready to take that.
Speaker 13: On Tobias merriweather And Larry simmons were the two receivers that you brought in during the spring. Portal how important are these next few weeks and getting them up to speed with the offense and their chemistry with damp.
Speaker 6: Hair, oh it's.
Speaker 14: Really important to see what they can bring to this team to help this often score points to win games and so them you, Know Bryce duke running back has experiences in so, yeah it's really the next two. Weeks you, know you're not making huge judgments right away because it's going to take a little time to settle in and get their rhythm and get. Going but once you kind of see that thing turn of now you're looking at that feedback of how are they, contributing what can we count on them for and to know how we can use many?
Speaker 13: Offense what led to your interest in your pursuit of? Them what qualities do they possess that you think translates?
Speaker 14: Here you, know we're looking for guys who can consistently, win get open catch the. Ball the more they can stretch the field or be versatile play both outside and inside is, great but it's all about who can consistently, win make plays catch the ball to help move the chains and score.
Speaker 10: Points kyle talks about this off it'll be pretty similar to what you ran At New. Mexico how similar to? That and kind of what are you trying to do that's maybe different or are you trying to get in from?
Speaker 14: There you, know we're still in that process of that playing. Out for, instance when we Started New mexico last, year we had five six skilled receivers that we thought were going to be some of our better. Players and as we headed in that first, game.
Speaker 6: That was kind of the trajectory we were.
Speaker 14: On, well as we got early in the, season some of those guys were struggling to consistently make, plays and our running backs were way rising up and what they were, doing and so that thing, shifted you, know in that, course and there became two receivers and a tight end that we really relied, on and then it was all these running back, guys and so the offense kind of molded more that.
Speaker 6: Direction so you, know.
Speaker 14: The devin and the on line that's the most predictable right. Now it's the other spots that are more the what direction is this going to? Take with the dependable, playmaker guys you trust and kind of the offense molding shifting the.
Speaker 8: Direction we're fans that haven't seen it.
Speaker 6: Yet how would you kind of describe your offensive?
Speaker 14: Philosophy, Man we really just want to put the right guys in the right places to make. Plays we want to adapt to what our strengths are and play to those. Strengths you, know real like eye. Test you know we're gonna go not at a fast, tempo but we're going to a. Huddle we're moving guys, around you, know kind of. Spread you, know THE qb reads and RPOs are in.
Speaker 6: There but.
Speaker 14: Year to year that thing always shifts to who are your who's your, personnel and what are their.
Speaker 6: Strengths in some years that's more, passing some years that's more.
Speaker 14: Running so you know that thing will vary because we want to play to our.
Speaker 13: Strengths when you have a our receiver or star running, back it's pretty easy to feature them in the. Offense it seems like you've got two star offensive. Tackles how do you go about featuring your offensive line and their strengths as.
Speaker 14: Players, yeah you, know we look at the quarterback, first and we look at the old line second of what they can. Do and the old line is obviously a strength specifically with the. Tackles, man they're, athletic so you can do things with your tackles where you utilize that athleticism that you may not do with other. Guys, so you, know getting them out on the edges and screens to block in, space having them pull in the run, game you, know to add to your run.
Speaker 6: Scheme so using their.
Speaker 14: Athleticism to block the second, level.
Speaker 6: To block them the perimeter is something you want to take advantage.
Speaker 16: Of you guys move autot at a tight end towards the tail end of. Spring you know what kind of led to that change and what are you looking for him to? Do you, know as Fall campie's ready to.
Speaker 14: Open, yeah he's kind of this high brid guy that's has good size and he's you, know two twenty and he's a, big strong. Receiver so we know the flexed out in the slot outside stuff is going to be natural for. Him so we, thought let's move him to the tight end room so we can develop more of those things that he's not as experienced that knowing from that room we can always, flex mount and do, stuff but to have him in the outside receiver room and then try to move him inside to do things you.
Speaker 6: Know a little. Different so so that was.
Speaker 14: Just the kind of have him in that room as a home base to expand his versatility and how he can help the.
Speaker 15: Spring in the, spring you Said waishan was. LIMITED i guess where's his health at and do you expect him to be.
Speaker 14: Full go For, Yeah, yeah he's, Healthy he's had a really good summer and.
Speaker 6: Yeah bringing to.
Speaker 10: Go, yeah how Much Doesne johnson change this office for?
Speaker 6: You, well that's going to be part of this.
Speaker 14: Discovery of how consistent, playmaking what is he bringing at a high, level because he definitely.
Speaker 6: Has you, know some juice speed and can do unique.
Speaker 14: Things so we definitely want to utilize, that take advantage of it and discoverment how much and in what ways and all of those things that we can count out at the, high high level more than just kind of a gimmicky.
Speaker 9: Thing here or.
Speaker 15: There, well Season devin ran what and also passed a? Lot is there the development that you're looking for maybe to have him be more passed first or maybe more run.
Speaker 6: FIRST i, mean walk me through your thinking on.
Speaker 14: THAT i, mean he'll as just him, Individually he'll continue to progress and develop and.
Speaker 6: It is really.
Speaker 14: Capable so this is not a thing where we were running them more because he was not capable as a.
Speaker 6: Pastor it was just.
Speaker 14: And he'll continue to develop that. Way it's really just the pieces around him and what we could do let the him and being more.
Speaker 6: Involved in the run.
Speaker 14: Game certain times in the season we had some critical injuries and so he became you, know if it's fourth and, two who do you trust most to get this? Thing with a couple you, know there's a spot where in the car was out with the high ankle spring and a.
Speaker 6: Couple of those.
Speaker 14: Games, no you absolutely Knew devin would get you the, first so you called.
Speaker 6: His number a little.
Speaker 14: More so it's just kind of dictated by you, know the matchup hell of you, know all those.
Speaker 6: Things you two more.
Speaker 15: Here he talked a lot about dev talked a lot about.
Speaker 6: Just improving his decision.
Speaker 15: Making you, know now that he's been here for six, months have you seen any improvements in that and just turn over.
Speaker 6: Ratio or just how he's reading the. Offense it's you.
Speaker 14: Know it's hard to put a total thing on that right now because spring was so.
Speaker 6: New with all the skill guys get on the same.
Speaker 14: Page so we'll kind of see where it picks, up you know in fall Campra but, no that's that's what it's all, about Right it's all about being a dynamic, player being a playmaker and protecting the ball because that dictates winning in such a high.
Speaker 6: Range so just going forward.
Speaker 16: That, way we talked about What Larry anderviz brings to the wide receiver. Room what Does bryce bring to this running back room.
Speaker 14: Now that he's joined based off the, film you, know it'd be great to see him and get. Him but based off the, film he brings an element catching the ball out of the. Backfield you, know he's proven where he's done that in the. Past and then his running skill set he can you, know he has some, juice so he can pretty good quickness and spring. It so being able to put him in situations to, Use, YEAH i wouldn't say he's quite half running back slot, receiver but he has a little more of that receiving quality than the typical running back.
Speaker 6: Does and so being able to see what he can do with those skill.
Speaker 2: Sets all right, there you got want to remind you this time here a lot of you might only be interested In utah football as we're less than four weeks away from game. One one stop SHOP espn seven hundred sports dot com and of course when we have access to, it will play it for you both During sean's show and then my show in the.
Speaker 1: Afternoon The drive Was spence Check.
Speaker 8: It time to hit the pitch on The. Drive THE Rsl insider today and every day is brought to you by Beer Bar Head downtown for watch parties and game day shuttles to the stadium more at BEER barslc dot com.
Speaker 3: Till FOR rsl this, week it potentially is the busiest stretch of the entire. Season after a little bit of a kind of Light june Into, july we've gone and the, lads as we say here for the lads.
Speaker 2: Have really turned the, page unbeaten in eight of their last. Nine It's Leagu's cup action coming up On wednesday before they. RETURN mls play In New york On, saturday and the head, Coach Pablo Master money on A monday, Afternoon Happy, Monday, pops how.
Speaker 1: We doing doing, Great, bud appreciate the time as.
Speaker 2: Always so it comes to The League's, CUP i know you guys prioritize.
Speaker 1: EVERYTHING i, KNOW i know you want to win.
Speaker 2: Trophies what sort of dynamic or challenge that is a little bit different does this tournament kind of face you as the? Manager and then intertwined in the question when it simply comes down to how busy the schedule, is how are you guys balancing this?
Speaker 5: Out, Yeah SO i think the way they format a determament this year has been actually pretty good where they the first leg of, it the first three games are you, know within ten, days and so you know what you're up, against so you can really just focus on the first stage of The League's. Cup SO i think that's a big improvement from from last, year which was pretty which was intertwined with league. Games so here we've just taken ten games to focus in on our three, opponents and SO i think that part was. Good SO i think the biggest balance is again you, know we run a best forward in these tournaments and we, won we run the risk of really putting our players in precarious situations from the just fatigue, perspective which then increases the odds of injuries and and. Performances and SO i think that's been the toughest thing because these games are coming thick and fast and we want to keep. Running you, know a group that's been doing really well the last you, know seven eight weeks and building that chemistry and and that, connection but but you just run into you, know it's it's you, know it's really difficult from that. Perspective but but the guys have been you, KNOW i think we've been having. It we've found a good balance with the groups that we've been. Playing the guys have been doing really. Well but you, KNOW i think for this, game we're gonna have to give a couple of guys breathers and give other guys an. Opportunity AND i think that rotation has worked pretty. Well but, uh you, know we got one game left and, uh you, know we want to make sure we ended on the right.
Speaker 3: Now is it LEGA mx or Lega MkIS you got to help?
Speaker 1: ME i hear it, Right you're.
Speaker 5: Both, uh it just depends on you. KNOW i think for us it's LEGA. Max for them it's.
Speaker 2: Legs, well did you just throw a third option at me, geez, yeah.
Speaker 5: Because the thing IS m In spanish is m the, right but they say it really, fast so it sounds like m ekis, okay so it's it's m.
Speaker 1: Akis, yeah, okay all, right fair.
Speaker 5: Enough however your tongue feels on the, day if you want to roll, it you, know if you want to just let it, go it's league.
Speaker 2: Amakis i'm going league at Max. Pops i'm Just that's that's How i've always. Rolled that's How i'm That's i'm gonna continue to. Roll so let's let's talk about the first two. Matches The Club, america who massive. CLUB i think they finished second in this tournament before and obviously very. Famous it almost felt like a road, game so Many Club america. Fans And i'll tell you, what MAN i we'll get, to you, know the unfortunate ending with The San luis. Game The Ratha cabral performance was a Little romando ish when it came to the you, know him stepping up and saving those must have been a great. Moment what'd you like most about your team's win Against Club.
Speaker 5: America, well you, KNOW i think the biggest thing was the way the guys competed against the big. Team you, KNOW i think we've you, know we've we've done them in the league in the last recent. Weeks but going up against The juggernaut to start this, COMPETITION i thought the guys put their best foot forward and play the heck of a game on both sides of the, ball and you, know to concede with whatever it was like fifteen seconds left of injury. TIME i think it was a gut punch for the top of performance we. Had and then then penalty. Kicks rock stepped up and and you, know carried the team and and and and did what he's capable of, doing and that was. Fantastic so that was that that was a really good performance WHERE i felt, like, man it was just it was the last play of the game AND i knew we just had to make sure that we were you, know on. Point but to be fair to, them you, know rots and the tape, BACK i, mean there wasn't much where they could go with that, ball and in the little space that guy had to, SHOOT i mean he crushed. It so you, know tip your cap off to, them but felt got it for the.
Speaker 2: Guys and then moving over to the second game you played In League's. Cup it was another really good. Game The San luis game they got you IN. Pks what stood out?
Speaker 5: Most, YEAH i think, AGAIN i think this is where we ran into a bit of. Fatigue there's a few guys out there that have been, going you, Know Saturday wednesday for a month, now AND i think there's a bit of tired. Legs early. ON i think the first goal we conceded was, uncharacteristic a bit of sloppy play with the ball that transitioned into you, know sloppy playing about the. Ball and you, know they, they you, know they they tied up the game and then went on to take the, lead you. Know AND i think the interesting Thing spence, is you, know we had an opportunity to go to one and we didn't capitalize on A pk and and then momentum swung their. Way they scored a goal and. Minute you. Know but but in both, games the way the guys have responded from really tough, moments you, know being able to keep their heads in the in the, game after conceding in the last play the game Against america and winning THE pks and here conceding a goal late but still staying in the. Game and tying it up, LATE i think are really good examples of the mentality of the group and and and how we've come a long way from the start of the. Year and then obviously THE pk was the pks were, unfortunate not you, know PK's are a lot like a. Game you, know if you start with big, momentum whether it's a goal or a, save it just makes you, know it just makes it a lot easier for the next next guy's. Going if you miss on the first, one that goal sprinks a little bit and the goalkeeper gets a lot. Bigger so BUT i think we took a lot of important moments in that. Game we digested that as a group today spent probably a good half hour and change, on you, know managing moments to bring the game under our control a little bit. More and the guys were really. Receptive and so now we have correctro in this next, game which will be again another tough game and one that hopefully we can take experiences from the Sun least game and applying to this next.
Speaker 3: Game, okay what are you up? Against On?
Speaker 2: Wednesday and you, KNOW i started reading through the tiebreaker scenarios and THEN i decided to go on and live my life instead of. Continuing SO i can't sit here and tell you That i'm extremely well versed on exactly what you need to do to get. Through can you get through if you go get all three On wednesday and and tell me about this side that you're playing.
Speaker 5: Against, yeah so there's still a slim possibility that we can get. Through we need to take all three. Pks even the two points in pks is not an, option and then we're gonna need quite a bit of, help. RIGHT i think we're gonna need the help from four or five different. Teams and it is. Competition it can definitely. Happen so instead of worrying about all that, stuff just you, know put put a great group up there that's ready to win the game and then let the chips fall what they. May and as far as, correctro they're a team that you, know they haven't done well in this, tournament but the decent in the last turn in the last league. Play and, AGAIN i think when you come to this third, game it's really a battle of. ATTRITION i, mean because you, Know i'm talking to the coaches from The mexican teams and they're saying like this is. Impossible we don't even have a day to, prepare And i'm, saying, well, yeah it's not like we have an extra day. Either we're on the same. Thing so SO i, think you, KNOW i think players will be running on. Fumes and it's really about this is a mentality game for. Me obviously we're going to freshen it. Up but the expectation is is a team that wants it, more that digs, more that believes, more will be the team that wins the.
Speaker 2: Game, how if at, all do those dynamics shape the eleven, selection because it sounds like slim chance to. Advance you have put yourself back in the middle of THE mls playoff chase and we'll get. There but also you want to win and you hope that everything kind of falls your. Way so when it comes to all of those, dynamics it feels like, pops it could go either. Way you want to rest your guys for the playoff, chase or you want to go all in and get.
Speaker 1: Three how do you on that?
Speaker 5: Out, yeah that's a great. Question you, KNOW i think there's one, way and it's it's it's it's it's a bit of a damble and AND i think where you know that that That i'm willing to take it is have a few prescribed subs at have time so that you can get your best players on the, field but you can also manage their. Load, right we got. It we got a bunch of guys that are running in the. Red but if this we're going to be a league, game a midweek league, game which we're taking it as a midweek league, game you know our our our toughest day of the week of training would be would Be, wednesday and that equates forty five, minutes equates to our training session, load not the emotional, impact not all the other stuff which is which is also a, load but it's from just a physical output, perspective you, know having some prescribed changes at halftime to keep the group, fresh but also have your your your best players available to compete in this. GAME i think as a as a good middle. Road and where where it might where you might get caught with that is obviously if you need to make some if someone gets injured lat in, games you might be under. It but BUT i think you know the guys that the guys that we're playing the majority of the minutes are have have been, rested are robust and feel like it's a it's a calculated risk that we're willing to take to put ourselves in position to both get our best players on the, field but also that put them through the grinder AS Mls league play continues. THEREAFTER i know.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit of yesterday's. News, HOWEVER i was out of town last, week and SO i haven't had a chance to talk to you on air about the return Of Chi sho and what that was, like and also getting a win over a really Good San jos a team which is more important than than. Anything but what was it like to Have Chia cho back in the building and give me your thoughts on that?
Speaker 5: Win, yeah it was. Strange it was almost, surreal you. Know you, KNOW i Think Chie show having been in that stadium all over last year and in the, sea you, know his connection with with the, fans it was really. Peculiar AND i think for me seeing him across the field and knowing that he's cable, of you, know scoring goals from, nowhere was was Obviously, yeah you, know it gave me a bit of. Nerves but the guys just really handled themselves really. Well that played a great. Game they knew what the what they're up against. Him he's got a lot of friends in the locker room, still and so for, me it was always always interesting to see the dynamic when a player of his magnitude comes back to the, club how those players are going to, respond because obviously he was the man when he was, here and those players looked at him like the leader and the, captain and so sometimes there's just almost subservient field when when that player comes back in a different. Team but you wouldn't have noticed That chicha was with our group last year because these, guys these guys played fantastic and and they didn't take their foot off the gas from, minute you, know from the first minute to the. Last so really proud of that. Performance and then from as far as the, collective you, know obviously gave us a big three points because they're they're they're right around where we are on the. Table and so again another big psychological hurdle for, us you, know starting and second to last in The west and then kind of marching up and so we got really good momentum going and it was really good to get that result against you, know a dynamic a team Like San jose and against our old teammate And.
Speaker 2: Chicha did you have an opportunity to catch up with them at, all and if, so what were those?
Speaker 1: Conversations?
Speaker 5: Like, Yeah, no he was really, gracious you, know he, says you, know obviously he, misses he misses not being here with the, group you, know with the, fans the, stadium like it brought back a lot of old. Feelings but he was really grateful for the time that he spent here, with you, know with with his teammates and the, staff and it was kind of a welcome, back and you, know it was it was a really Strange it was really, strange but you, KNOW i Think chicho he's he's a real gracious human being and and shared that with not only myself and the, staff but also with all his. Teammates so it was it was good to see you show, back And i'm grateful that we were able to give it three.
Speaker 2: Points tell me what you've seen both in training and then during matches From diego since he came. BACK i, mean he got the goal the other. Night it was the first goal for you guys Since. May it was a little bit of a poacher's.
Speaker 1: Goal do you.
Speaker 2: RESPECT i, Mean i'm not calling him that we know how good he. Is is is there a little? Fatigue is there a little like? Adjustment tell me where you're seeing From diego right?
Speaker 5: Now, YEAH i think you hear the nail on the, head you, KNOW i think you, know going into this last, Game Diego luna has played fifteen matches in the last seven, weeks, Right and that is obviously What i'm talking. About when when when the players are playing in the red from a physical load, perspective like and then you'd taken all the, travel you, know they played some friendly games before The Gold, cup played all The Gold cup games, here and then obviously he went to THE Ms All Star. Game all those little things add up and it doesn't let the body reset in the way that it needs. To and AND i think the other part too, is you, KNOW i think he, feels and we've been talking with a lot about this that you, know he's sometimes he's got to do more than what he needs to with our. Group AND i, mean and you, know in my message to him as this group was coming when you were, gone and all we need you to do is just recover the right, way get your feedback and then just play play as you. Have then you don't need to do any anything more other than just do your job as the best of your. Ability and if you can do, that you're you're going to get back into not only you, know helping the team, win but continue on this trajectory of development and growth that has been incredible from the start of the.
Speaker 2: Year so ultimately we and we'll get to the new, additions but before you get, there you, KNOW i didn't know much About lachlan when he was, acquired felt like he had some moments early. On why ultimately do you think it didn't work out With lachlan as he's he's now moved.
Speaker 5: On, yeah you, KNOW i think every you, know it's that's a great, question AND i think locklom would probably have the best answer to. THAT i think for, me you, know it's not an easy league to assimilate. To it's and if you're not getting the playing, time it's really hard to get those wheels, turning and and and and and to commit to your craft away from home is very difficult as. Well SO i think there's a lot of there's a couple of things going on away from the field that were that were difficult for, him and then he wasn't getting the type of reps and and so you, know one of the THINGS i always talk to young players about is everyone wants to know what they need to do to play On saturdays the big. Games And i'm saying the most important days Are tuesday Through, friday and until you're the best player On tuesday Through, friday it's going to be very difficult to get a crack On. Saturday and so that's why it has to be a real commitment to to your, profession Right it's it's it's the days that nobody cares. About no one's gonna write it out your training session On wednesday on social. Media you're never getting, likes no one. Cares but however they're the most. Important AND i feel like it establishes a great foundation for young players to understand that, this this, commitment this training, session sharpening the tools is the only way forward. Forever and then once you do start playing On saturdays, regularly you got to double down on The tuesday Through. Friday AND i just don't think he ever got up to speed and performed at a level throughout the week that would give him more opportunities at the weekend and so unfortunately it just didn't work out for. Him but, hopefully and And i've heard this quite a few times spent over the course Of mike you, know my my years coaching is, uh you, know four or five years later runningto players and they're, like NOW i know what you. MEAN i didn't you. Know and AND i Think einstein has a quote where it's, like you can't fix the problem in the same place that it. Occurs sometimes you need separation from the experience or from you, know the words that you're parents give you or you, know mentors give, you and you need to go out and with that experience and then and then it'll make sense to. You so you, know hopefully you know sooner the randolum, later you, KNOW i understand that it's it's really about being a master of your, craft and that only Happens tuesday Through, friday and then we can talk about the games and all that other.
Speaker 2: Stuff and also and, LOOK i want to be, CLEAR i have zero inside information about what happened With, lachlan BUT i find.
Speaker 1: It i've always found this.
Speaker 2: Fascinating, pablo any, sport whatever it, is the the the art of analyzing talent combined with the necessary knowledge of whether or not the talent is also a. Professional and that's that's an intangible. Thing it's really really hard to identify because, ultimately AND i say this all the, time just get me the, talent then we'll figure it. Out you, KNOW i don't care if there's redundancy Between diogo And. Diego they're both. Awesome figured. Out give me the talent's figure it. Out how do you go about AND i know it's a. COLLABORATION i know It's kurt his, Staff, Jason tony and then you and your, staff how do you go about the best way possible to understand whether or Not, okay we like the, talent but is he is he a? Pro does he know what to do to be professional every? Day how do you do?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 1: Then how quickly do you notice whether or not that's going to be an?
Speaker 5: Issue, YEAH i think that's the toughest, Thing, Spence and and to be, fair you, know we can extrapolate a lot of information from like has this player travel a? Lot you, know has he has he been To europe? Before has he left his country? Before because that's a big that's a big thing for us because if he's done. That that means he's got the capability of living away from family and still. Excelling, Right SO i think that's that's a big, thing.
Speaker 13: You.
Speaker 5: Know and then and then it's really zoom zoom calls and conversation and our leadership Coach Grant barge is on these calls of us and it has a bunch of great questions that hopefully will disseminate some some personality, things right like is he is he a does he have a growth mindset versus a fixed? Mindset like some of these questions can give you this, way but at the end of the, day it's all it's all the roll of the. Dice AND i say that because the human being is so. Complex in other, words the problems that you'll face here won't be like the issues that you face. Elsewhere or if you're going through some kind of personal stuff, now, well the interview we did six weeks ago has nothing to do with what you're going through. Now and we're all feeling beings and so if we're not in a good way off the, field it's going to be very difficult to have the player that we thought we Had because you're going through some stuff off the, field and so there's so many factors that go into the person being able to be the best. Professional BUT i think we do a wonderful job of asking the right questions of getting to, know you, know looking at body language on the, zoom, right is he slumped? Over does he look engaged or you, know is he? Upright he is he? Motivated you? Know BUT i also had a player WHEN i was In colorado and it was almost like someone gave him the cheat sheet to me and he, says listen because this guy he scored a ton of goals in his. League And i'm, like how are we get this? Guy, like this guy's a big time. Player and he gets on the zoom and he, SAYS i work every, day, COACH i, Will i'll like do his study the soccer AND i work every day AND i work every, day And i'm, like oh, man this is my. Guy and he gets there and it was like the complete opposite of what you. Said and THEN i went back to the coaches and they're, like, yeah he works. Hard, yeah but he works hard for that league over, there, Right and so then there's a subjectivity as to what you, know a professional and a hard worker looks like so there's so many there's so many variables that go into, it and really what we want to see is, Like, okay now you're, here who are? You you? Know and unfortunately sometimes that means it doesn't always. Work and you, KNOW i think lafc is we've seen this in two players this. Year one they grabbed a you, know A turkish international and they bought him In january and they just let him in the. Summer and this is a guy with a long, resume right scoring goals and all kinds of different, leagues but it just didn't work. Right and then you Have, jeru who every you, know one of the best strikers of our, time was here for a year and it didn't work. Right so even if you know, everything if if you've seen them play ON tv And Champions league And World cups and all these different, things sometimes it's just not the right. Thing and it could be the, place it could be the way they, play but it could also be there's a there's there's there's a life outside of the game that has a huge impact on how these players behave once they're on the.
Speaker 1: Ground what's gotten In? Ojeita what's going on?
Speaker 2: HERE i mean one goal in like eighty games and now three in the past, Three like.
Speaker 3: What and what sort of? Look everybody likes to score.
Speaker 2: Goals it doesn't matter what position you, play what what sort of jews can that give?
Speaker 5: Them, well it's IT'S i think ironically it brings him a lot of confidence and all the other little things that we're asking them to do from pivot. Position, RIGHT i can answer. QUEST i think he's watching a lot Of RONALDO messi. Highlight uh it's it's, yeah it's out of His you, know he doesn't score a lot in. Training he just does his job and does a really good job at that and facilitating the ball from the back to the front and keep you, know and. Pressing but you know he's he's got a hot. Hand and you know the crazy thing is is once once you believe your goal, scorer, uh you're you're going to be scoring, goals whether it's on set pieces like he did at the, weekend or if that second goal he, scored he whipped it in and found the back. Post you, Know so like these things start. Happening and the same thing with the strikers or players that feel like they can't score, it they just won't you, Know so we're gonna we're gonna keep riding him and keep asking him to do what he's been, doing because he's been a huge. Catalyst AND i, think you, know for our group that's been struggling to score goals this. Year you, know we talked with The pivots quite a bit and, said, hey, guys, LISTEN I mecha got forored and in the last game and combined nicely at the top of the, box AND i Think johnny got the foul for A. Pk so like they're getting more involved in the attack AND i think that's what we need in order to be a more dynamic.
Speaker 2: Team well and as we say here today With mecha and by the, way would you characterize A mecca as one hundred percent?
Speaker 5: Yet, No, NO i think he's still about sixty minutes. Fit and it's so tough in the middle of the season to go from out six weeks then ramping him back. Up But i'll tell you. Spent you, know the performances that he's had have been really really, sharp really sharp coming into games and really changing you, know the games that he. STARTED i thought he's played really. Well so he's. Close he's just not he's not all the way. There he will continue to build up his minutes in lieu of a strong push towards the.
Speaker 2: End, well it's interesting as you kind of look at this a little, bit BECAUSE i Thought ruiz Against Club america was, dynamic and you've got A mecha coming back healthy and Suddenly ojita's on. Fire like that positional group you have with that central holding mid is so so strong and certainly a. Lynchbin are all three of them good enough where maybe you look at some sort of way to get all three of them on the, field even if one of them has to play in a different.
Speaker 1: Spot, well you.
Speaker 5: KNOW i think we've built Such it's taken so long to get the attacking group, going AND i feel like they're doing a great, job you, Know, Diego diogo and That gozo and then obviously we have some new players in camp now that you, Know for as much As i'd like to do, that we also have to remember that in order to have a good, run you're gonna need. Death anything happens to these, guys we'd have no replacement for what they're capable of, doing and so you, know the rotations would be really important to keep them all engaged in it all, sharp so it won't be like just two guys. Playing it'll be a good. Rotation and what it allows us to do is look at our. Opponents, Right so if opponent's playing a really high line and want to play us really, Tight Pablo ruics has to be in that. Game if you, know if there's gonna be space between their their front line and their back, line we can use A mecca And oheita because they're both really good with driving with the ball and breaking lines on the, dribble and then any other combination will work as. Well so you, KNOW i think it lends itself to having a really good combination of those, three which will be, critical and we can now keep them. Fresh for last, year you, know A mecca And ojeda played every almost every minute of every game and and towards the end they're, running they're running on. Fumes and SO i think the three of these guys playing at the level that they're playing off playing at give us not only great options in the short, term but will allow us to keep them fresh as we progress with the.
Speaker 2: Season All, right with a few remaining, minutes let's talk about the new toys you have to play. With we've been waiting anxiously for some reinforcements and.
Speaker 1: They're on the. Way so. Wrong Rawan cruise has been on the ground for a.
Speaker 2: Week i'm told to twenty four year Old Brazilian, pablo AS i always, Say i'm not gonna lie to. YOU i have not been grinding On botafogo. Tape SO i don't know much about this young. Man but in your limited, experience what sort of player is?
Speaker 3: He what sort of person is? He and when you think we'll.
Speaker 5: See, Him, yeah he's a fantastic. Individual he's got a really he's got a big heart and and just always a smile in the. Space a little bit Like Anderson julio as far as the energy gives, off is really really. Positive as far as his, play he's kind of like a nine and a half type player where he's got the he's got the defensity to, stretch but he's got really really soft feet to combine as, well and so a player that can play on the highest line but also dropping into the space between the, lines being able to combine with teammates running off of them and or turning and going with the. Ball so fantastic technically and he's good in front of, goal and he's can hit the ball with both, feet so a really dynamic. Player AND i think it's going to help some of our younger play players because What i've seen in you, know the four training sessions that we've had with, him is the way he brings and makes makes the teammates around him better as. Well so he's been a he's been a, great, uh you, know great player to have him with, camp and obviously we'll see. More we haven't been able to see him over big spaces, yet but obviously we have a lot of tape and looked at it and he does a lot of things that we need for our. Team SO i think he'll be a great pick for our for our.
Speaker 2: Group, finally before say you, LOSE i also have not been dialed into The Czech First league. Lately, However Victor OLATUNJI i believe is on the ground and we'll await his, visa, medical all those things to get. Done but he is the other reinforcement addition on the. Way same, question what kind of, player what kind of? Person when do you think we'll see?
Speaker 7: Him?
Speaker 5: Yeah another, uh he's a voracious, reader is what we learned when we did the. Zoom he's really well, spoken it speaks Perfect, english has travel to so many different places In. Europe and from a physical, perspective you, know he's he's he's a big, body, right you. Know you Know hamison a, lave you, know and he's probably one of the biggest GUYS i. Know AND i would say he's Like hamison A lave on, stilts. Right he's six foot, four a towering figure who does a great job stretching the back line and getting into good goal scoring positions in the. Box and SO i you, KNOW i think it does a couple of. THINGS i, think you, know our team is relatively a small, team a short, team so his size and his ability to hold hold up the ball and run behind, defences along with getting in the box for for guys Like diogo And, diego combining at the top and or crossing. Balls NOW i think we have a real a real option With alatunji With victor to be a real. Threat so both these both these players who want And VICTOR i think will make us a much, deeper a much more dynamic team in the.
Speaker 3: ATTACK i think any other additions before that window, closes you.
Speaker 5: KNOW i talked To kurt. Today he, says there's there's there's a couple there that may or may not come. Through so you, KNOW i think these were these were our primary targets and uh and we were able to secure. Them so that's that's. Awesome and then you, know if we get, one, one one or two more it would be it'd be a. Slam So i'll keep my fingers. Crossed but but more, IMPORTANTLY i think these guys are. Well we'll take up a lot of attention to really focusing on and and acclimating them into the. Group so really, excited AND i think a, couple you, KNOW i think both of them may be available for The Red bulls, game with maybe a cruise being available for the game On. Wednesday SO i really, excited uh in this next week to get these guys into the group and and start cracking on there we.
Speaker 2: Go, well it's been fun to see the forum turn around and be excited to see what you do with these new. Pieces thanks for the, time, BUDDY a good.
Speaker 5: Week, okay Thanks, nane appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Much Bablo Master Ronnie.
Speaker 2: Arsa with a midweek tilt In League's Cup, action they need a miracle they need to win without going TO pks and then they need six different results.
Speaker 6: To go their.
Speaker 1: Way so you, know we'll see how that.
Speaker 2: Goes back To league play coming up On saturday Against New york and Then charlotte is the week after. That they're back home next on the twenty third Against. Minnesota go TO rsl dot com for single game. Tickets brought to you today by our friends At Advanced Window, products where you can get twenty five hundred dollars off when you buy ten windows or. More it's a Local Salt lake company operated by a, Guy Nate, orchard the mayor of Sac Lake.
Speaker 3: City of, course his Friend Jake.
Speaker 2: Weber we've done a bunch of business with, them a bunch of remotes with.
Speaker 1: Them you are in good, hands.
Speaker 2: Local company connected to our, community committed to making good business for, you whether or not you're buying or selling a. Home if you want to replace the, windows you can do it right now and save twenty five hundred. Dollars if you've noticed that your house is super hot because others, warm you might need new. Windows so if you need new windows right, now give them a call to save that twenty five hundred.
Speaker 1: Dollars when you buy ten windows or.
Speaker 2: More but if you're anticipating maybe buying or selling a homecome fall when the school season. Starts the nice thing about this deal is that if you call them, today you can lock in that savings twenty five hundred dollars excuse, me twenty five hundred dollars off when you buy ten windows or more and just give them a call at eighth one eight five zero ninety one. Hundred that's eighth one eighty five zero nine one zero, zero all.
Speaker 1: Right saying good night for A monday edition of the.
Speaker 2: Show great to be back after a little time off sharpening the. Sword Stephen covey would, say last week high speed ahead of college FOOTBALL nfl right around the, corner and we're gonna blink in The jazz and The mammoth will be back as, WELL rsl with the midweek tilts On wednesday In League's cup action by you looking for a, quarterback you tak camp rolls. On Cam young finally gets a win in the Windhom championship over the, weekend the one thousandth winner on the Tour Tony fenal minus, four which is good For tide for forty. Four tony needs to play a lot better very. Quickly if he wants A ryder cup. Spot not sure that's in the cards for him this. Year i'm kind of obsessed with this story of grown ups carrying stuffed animals around for. Comfort and there's another another HEADLINE i saw and you click on pictures and these are adults looking like they're going to work carrying like a stuffed elephant or.
Speaker 1: Something you want to bring my blanky?
Speaker 7: In?
Speaker 3: Please do you still have?
Speaker 4: IT i have, It it's in. STORAGE i don't sleep with it, still BUT i couldn't bring myself, to, like. Listen it got to the point Where i'm not going to donate it because it's like ripped, up it's like falling. Apart it's probably. Gross i'm not going to donate my, blanky so kept in its.
Speaker 1: Story did that affect you? So for our listeners that may have missed it?
Speaker 2: Earlier porter admitted on the show that he kept Why he kept his blanket all throughout college and continued to refer to it as his blank.
Speaker 1: Ye did that affect your dating life in?
Speaker 2: College if you know a prospect would come over and you'd be, like, hey don't sit on my blanky, please.
Speaker 1: KA i think it came up for, Sure, okay but you KNOW i own it.
Speaker 2: Whatever, well and for my, PART i had a giant bear that had a yellow jersey on with the number thirty three and his name Was Kareem Abdul.
Speaker 1: JABAR i think it's. CLEVER i think it's.
Speaker 2: Cute it it also explains how OLD i am because he was literally still playing WHEN i had that.
Speaker 1: Bear kareem was playing for The.
Speaker 2: Lakers so, again the official stance of the show is whatever you need to make yourself feel more safe and, secure please do. That, yeah as long as you're not harming other.
Speaker 1: People, yes, okay.
Speaker 4: You, know and, hey if it's a beanie, BABY i don't, know it's not going to protect. You i'll just Be I'll i'll just go. There the Beanie baby's not going to do. Anything but if it helps you feel, better, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah in the instance of an, attack the stuffed animal will not be. Helpful that's the.
Speaker 4: Like an emotional support, pet, right even if it's not in a more like let's say it's it's a pethic can sense it an anxiety. Attack they usually like do things. There they go alert someone or press a button or. Something i'm not sure The toys r Us isle is gonna do much for. You, hey, again whatever you need to, do what you gotta.
Speaker 2: Do Little League World series going, On Major League baseball trade deadline is coming, gone So pennant. Races if you're looking for something to tune into tonight on the sporting side of, things that's kind of your only, option all, Right, Porter before we say good night for This monday, show what do we have coming up on A tuesday edition of the.
Speaker 4: Program, yeah don't don't forget about The Great lakes region of The Little League.
Speaker 1: World so, obviously, yeah tune.
Speaker 4: In but first tomorrow we'll talk To Kyle Bonnet kura of course college football and maybe a little soccer With kyle as, well a little offseason catch up with. Him we'll chat With Spencer, linton check in with our guys down, South Richard Smithy smith stops by to talk a LITTLE nba off. S he's maybe some golf you can do whatever With smitty AND i, BELIEVE i believe we're gonna chat with One dave bar, two one of our favorite Football, well hard to tell where it goes with One dave bar, two but hopefully it'll be.
Speaker 2: Fun that means we're getting weird on A, tuesday so join us for that special thank you Today Belle, Frasier Josh, furlong And Pablo maaster Or. Honey we also played some sound From, Devin Dan pierre And Jason. Beck if you missed any of, it WEBSITE espn seven hundred sports dot, com download our mobile app and take us on the. Go THAT espn seven hundred app is available in The App store The google Play store for. Free and, then, finally for what we do in our, space specifically for four hours every.
Speaker 1: Day we have a. Podcast it's Called The drive With.
Speaker 2: Spence check It's it's available wherever you get your, Shows so, subscribe, rate, review say nice things in the, comments give us all the. Stars it. Helps Reporter I'm spen saying. IT i great to be. Back thanks for your. Ears have a Great monday. Night we'll talk to you on A tuesday edition of the. Program as, always you can find it right here ON espn seven hundred ninety TWO. Nfm we are proud to be part Of UTAH'S Espn radio.
Speaker 1: Network