Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty. I remember the.
Speaker 2: Arrest of Zambada and joking Wuzman, Well, Mexico didn't know anything about it, and boy, they are pissed. And it's very interesting explanation that the federal government has come up with, mainly with one finger telling them what they think of them.
Speaker 1: No, not that finger, Andy, No.
Speaker 3: Such a rude gesture. It is.
Speaker 1: Well, that's no.
Speaker 2: That's the government's official statement to the government of Mexico.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, good morning everybody. It's a Taco Tuesday, and man, what a tuesday. We're opening with a lot going on. First the quick hello, and then I'm gonna jump right into what is going like it came down minutes ago.
Speaker 1: First of all, good morning, Amy, Good morning, Bill, and Neil, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Willie wolf Esquire and there's Ann good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Good morning, Bill.
Speaker 1: And Cono good morning.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: It's you know, we should just have those recorded.
Speaker 2: Really, just do a sound drop right, good morning, and then do do do do. Everybody just falls right into place like we do. It's it's hot but it's not a shit's out there all right? Uh hey, Amy, as you were going on the air, and I was looking at who Tim Walls.
Speaker 4: Is because he is uh unknown?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, first of all, he is the unknown. But there's a lot to this decision that he's going to be the VP. Where is the VP nomination? Just before airtime, all we were getting it from was CNN.
Speaker 1: Nobody else came to the table. Is that still the case?
Speaker 4: No other sources are now saying it the AP is confirmed.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was interesting that for several minutes.
Speaker 2: Usually when something like that drops, within seconds.
Speaker 1: The other sources come through and confirm.
Speaker 2: And of course breaking news is everything the newspeople to grab it first, and I mean by seconds, you newspeople. And I'm now looking at Amy live and die by breaking a news story thirty seconds before anybody else.
Speaker 3: Does.
Speaker 4: We love breaking news?
Speaker 1: I know, so you could say breaking news.
Speaker 2: Steve does that a lot, Gregory, he lives for breaking news and in the world of crying, he does that better than anybody else.
Speaker 1: And Amy, in the world of Amy, you do that very well too.
Speaker 2: Although I have absolutely no idea speak vote of confidence.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You're actually you know, it's hard to break stories if you're in the newsroom and you're not out in the field because you're reporting.
Speaker 4: So that here's why I think that CNN had it before everybody else. This is puer speculation. This is not news. This is speculation. Harris's campaign yesterday was putting out tweets and saying, hey, donate twenty bucks and you'll get to know before everybody else who the VP pick is. So I'm wondering if CNN donated and they were on some sort of secret call, like a one that went out to donors.
Speaker 2: Who would not pay twenty bucks to get that story first, she should have said, donate one hundred thousand dollars and I'll tell you who it is, right, Yeah, and she probably would have gotten that for the campaign, all right. So that is huge news that just came down minutes ago. Also, yesterday, Google got nailed by a federal judge declaring that Google is a monopoly man that is earth shattering when it comes to major tech and Google. We don't know what's going to happen as a result of the decision. This is just the beginning of the fight and if it is upheld that Google is a monopoly, now comes the fund part. What are they going to do about it? What is the government going to force them to do about it? And this is a lawsuit that has gone on for years, by the way, where the Feds have come in to try to get the courts to determine that Google is a monopoly, which of course it is. I mean, when I do the story with you, I am going to get and I'm going to do that. I was going to do it at seven o'cock, but we're going to tim walls at seven, so we're going to move everything down. So when I do that at seven point twenty, probably, I'm going to give you some figures as to market share that Google has, which is simply astounding, I mean, breath taking the amount of power and how many people use.
Speaker 1: It to the extent. Well, okay, how about this. I'll just give you a little hint.
Speaker 2: Google as a default and its default on devices all over the world. Google has ninety percent of the browser activity when people go to look things up, ninety percent across the world use Google. Okay, so Google's number one, number two is bing that's six percent. You think you have a dominating force here that controls this market. If it were in any other field, fifty sixty percent would.
Speaker 1: Be deemed a monopoly.
Speaker 2: All right, So, so much going on, and then the Olympics have a flag or people were getting sick, by the way, everybody who's been in the sane, of course, has now gotten sick. And how many people have already died by the way, Amy, Oh, come on, now, let's come up with some people, because it makes the story really good.
Speaker 4: I think it's just two people have gotten sick.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: That's twoer people than the guy who sells crepes down the street.
Speaker 4: But it's bad sick like one of them apparently has E coli.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they're actually referring to that as being insane.
Speaker 1: We're starting with it.
Speaker 5: Come on at six ten, I have to warm up like an old car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, guys, let's do it.
Speaker 2: It is time for handle on the news on this more than auspicious Tuesday, August sixth, Oh, today, very important day today August six which I won't say we celebrate, we remember as seventy nine years ago that Hiroshima was bombed and August ninth, I will also repeat because that means that is the day that we remember Nagasaki being bombed. And I don't know if I ever told you the story. I think I shared with you when I went to Hiroshima and it's a peace park. I mean, if you ever have a chance to go to Hiroshima, I'm going to suggest you do.
Speaker 1: It is extraordinary where.
Speaker 2: Ground zero is that skeleton of the exhibition built. And you see the dome where we only see pieces of the dome there, and that building that is barely standing that was ground zero, that is surrounded by railing and people from all over the world go to see it. And I was there a few years ago and there were two Japanese businessmen that were.
Speaker 5: Does this make me nervous that you're telling a story about this? Yeah, I feel very nervous right now. Why am I feeling nervous.
Speaker 2: Because you have a feeling abou how the story is going to end. And as I turned to the businessman looking at this building that had been destroyed at ground zero, I looked at them and I said, don't screw with us again ever.
Speaker 1: And I didn't use the word screw either.
Speaker 2: They didn't speak any so it was okay anyway, It is it is actually something that is very sobering. All my joking is, I don't know how much of that that was joking, but it is. It's a very sobering song. Bring place the only time when the atomic bomb has ever been used to kill civilians or anybody.
Speaker 1: Actually, all right, guys, let's do it.
Speaker 2: We've got so much to cover, and let's start with Handle on the News with Amy Neil and me lead story.
Speaker 3: Google make Google May.
Speaker 2: So I've got two lead stories that we're going to talk about, and that is Minnesota Governor Tim Walls has just been selected. It's been announced just a few minutes ago that he is the vice presidential candidate under which uh, our Democratic presidential candidate is going to run. So now we have the ticket, Kamala Harris, Tim Walls. I'll talk more about that at seven o'clock. Also, the other major story, number two is Google has been nailed federal judge yesterday rule that Google is in fact a monopoly that is enormous, huge, insane news.
Speaker 1: I'll cover that one at seven point thirty.
Speaker 2: So we simply have a lot to talk about today, all right.
Speaker 5: All right, So President Joe Biden met his senior national security team just yesterday. Of course, this is in regards to the concerns of a possible Iranian retaliatory attack on Israel, and that continues to grow as we speak. So they are now the Biden administration is in preparations to support Israel should it be attacked. Yeah, Secretary of State Anthony Blinken saying that officials were working around the clock to prevent an escalation. But of course if there is one more, hell is going to break loose in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: Oh, there will hold on a minute, sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Oh, there will absolutely be an attack by Iran.
Speaker 1: The point is how how extensive is it going to be?
Speaker 2: The Iatola has already ordered a direct attack on Israel. He has made that order, and he has also said that his proxy military forces, that is Heswela, the Hutis, and the militants, the terrorist militants in Iraq, because there are groups of those under the purview and control of Iran, also will be involved. And now is are they prepared to go into a regional war?
Speaker 1: Israel says, absolutely, you do it, You're done.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, Israel has already told the southern part of Lebanon the Beirut government, the southern part, which was decimating two thousand and six, saying, if you guys attack, we will level that area again.
Speaker 1: There will be no building standing.
Speaker 2: It's and I think you got to take this government from Israel pretty seriously. I do not believe in Natanyahu and this right wing government, pro military government is at all interested in peace at all. I just think they're just everything they can and igniting this fire.
Speaker 1: It's terrible.
Speaker 4: Okay, more firepower is headed to the Middle East. The Defense Department is moving ships and planes across the Middle East to improve US force protection, to increase the defense of Israel, and to make sure the US can respond to basically anything that gets thrown at us. THESS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group, which is based out of San Diego, is headed that direction and will replace the USS Theodore Roosevelt Carrier Strike Group.
Speaker 3: What are they going to do?
Speaker 2: So you have this Carrier Task Force stripe Force, which is not only a carrier, but there's also many ships, cruisers and support ships and submarines that go with it.
Speaker 1: You don't see.
Speaker 2: So let's say Iran goes ahead and attacks Israel, which is probably going to happen in some way or another. Is Israel going to Is the United States going to launch its fighter forces against Iran? Is the United States going to attack Iran? So it's merely a show of force. And I don't know what they can do now. The United States does and will and has loaded military equipment to Israel, but it's not the task the strike force that brings the equipment in.
Speaker 1: That's all logistical. So man, I don't know what's going.
Speaker 2: To happen other than we're just waiting and the world is scrambling. The whole midiefst is scrambling to stop this thing, and they're trying to get the Israelis to calm down. They're trying to get an other time about King Abdullah of Jordan, I mean Egypt. It's just everybody is scrambling, and based on what's going on with Israel and Iran and kamas I and Husbillah, I think we've got a real big issue in our hands. We're gonna being on a lot of bad stuff coming up.
Speaker 5: Speaking of bad stuff, you have the American Red Cross just saying that it is experiencing an emergency blood shortage to the tune of falling to about twenty five percent in July, and they believe that the heat might be partly to blame as these temperatures go up. They say it impacted more than one hundred drives in the last month, and every single state where Red Cross collects blood.
Speaker 1: It's bad. They're starting to use dog blood now to do transacs. Did you know that.
Speaker 3: You have a pig valve innue?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I do, and they're bread for you know.
Speaker 2: The problem is most of the pig bat valves come from boar's head and that becomes really problematic these days.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just move on. I don't know where that went.
Speaker 4: By the way, I have no idea Debbie does damage. Tropical Storm Debbie is expected to bring prolonged downpours and flooding throughout today after it hit Florida yesterday that prompted the rescue of hundreds of people from flooded out homes. They're saying record setting rain has killed at least five people and has caused flash flooding. As we were talking about this yesterday, up to thirty inches possible.
Speaker 1: I know, isn't that? I mean that crazy?
Speaker 2: Yesterday I was saying I'm going to go to you and say, Amy, how many yards of rain came down in that area?
Speaker 1: Thirty inches?
Speaker 2: Also, you saw the video of those people and those dogs being rescued. They always do the dogs being rescued because that's sort of human interest.
Speaker 4: That's the part that kills me.
Speaker 1: What the dog's being rescued.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people can get out on their own, but the dogs they're just stuck.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, then you're one of those people that when you see the rescue teams dog lovers let people drown and go for the dogs. Yeah, you write in and go, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yes, and does AND's thrilled every time she sees a dog rest.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that's it.
Speaker 3: I know, I understand. Okay, well my cat lady's at well what all right?
Speaker 5: Uh Usha Vance defended her husband's childless cat ladies comment as a quip. She had an interview with Fox News, and she says, the reality is he made a quip. He made a quip in service of making a point that he wanted to make that was substantive. She goes on to say, what he really what he was really saying is that it can be very hard to be a parent in this country and sometimes our policies are designed in a way that make it even harder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not quite what he said. Uh, it was.
Speaker 2: First of all, he doubled down and triple down on his equip about childless cat ladies, and he went further that and say people who don't have kids are basically un American. You have to have kids to be a true American. I mean it was. It was pretty out there, it really was. And that the Democrats are anti children, anti family. So therefore, if you're a Democrat and you don't have children, you are anti family, anti American. That's exactly what he said. But no, well, she of course she has to defend him. I mean, how can she not?
Speaker 1: What is she going to do?
Speaker 2: You know, she could be Milania and just not say anything. Yes, just Melania is the best impression of Helen Keller I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: She's just terrific at this.
Speaker 4: Moving on, a guy who's known to partake says there should be no second chances. So gold medal winning Michael Phillips Phillips Phelps, Yeah, easy for me to say, Uh, what is he? The most decorated swimmer of all time, has doubled down on support for tougher sanctions, including lifetime bands for anyone who tests positive for banned substances. And this is all because the World Anti Doping Agency in World Aquatics acknowledge that twenty three Chinese swimmers tested positive for banned substances before the Tokyo Olympics in twenty twenty one, and several of them are competing in Paris in twenty twenty four. China said that the tests were positive because of tainted food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they got away with it. Yeah, and they got away with it. And Phelps is going crazy as well. He should twenties quote, I won twenty three Olympic gold medals, the.
Speaker 1: Clean way it can be done.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We talked about this earlier that when you talk about the Russians and the Chinese and the doping that takes place, the drugs that you're one is not supposed to take that enhance performance. Usually it's individuals or teams that do this, much like Lance arms wrong in the bicycling team. It wasn't the government of France, for example, that was part of the doping of the.
Speaker 1: Of the French team that was involved in the Tour de France.
Speaker 2: Oh no, this is the government of China and the government of Russia that does this.
Speaker 1: Pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: By the way, have you seen when you see the swimmers and the runners, et cetera. Particularly the swimmers, the divers and the gymnasts, you can see the tattoos.
Speaker 1: Virtually every single one of them has the Olympic rings tattooed on their bodies.
Speaker 3: Are those real tattoos?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think they are.
Speaker 2: I think those are real tattoos, which makes sense. I mean, if you are an Olympia Olympic athlete, why.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't you I have a tattoo, Yeah, I would.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I believed in tattoos, I might do that.
Speaker 2: If I were If I believe in tattoos, I'd have a big I'd have a big dollar sign tattooed, or a burrito or something.
Speaker 4: What They exist, Damy, No, I know they exist, but I just can't commit to anything that long, so I don't have any.
Speaker 1: I don't get I don't get the tattoos either.
Speaker 4: You know, they're fine for other people. I just don't want them on me.
Speaker 5: I have one that says I was disqualified for the same reason the French pole vaulter was disqualified.
Speaker 3: And then it has the.
Speaker 2: Well did you see that polevo that Swedish guy who got the world record that he broke yesterday?
Speaker 1: It was it was wild.
Speaker 2: The event was over and then he won the gold medal and he has been his world record after world record, and he went for the last world record. The event was completely over. Not a person left the stadium. Seventy six thousand.
Speaker 1: People waiting for him to break the world record. He had three tries.
Speaker 2: First two he didn't make it, third one he did, and the whole stadium went berserk.
Speaker 3: It's very very good, you know.
Speaker 5: On another note about the Olympics, Kono asked me, he said, man, how much money do you think out he paid to sponsor that?
Speaker 3: And I said, that's the Olympic logo. Bro.
Speaker 5: I just loved throwing him under the bus. Sorry, yeah, that's true. That never happened, all right. Elon Musk filed another lawsuit, basically reviving the lawsuit against open AI and Sam Altman. It was the same thing back in March that he filed. Then he withdrew. The complaint in June. Has to do with and this is in federal court, has to do with him saying that the artificial intelligence company that he helped launch.
Speaker 3: Was supposed to be a nonprofit.
Speaker 2: And it was that's how they advertised it, and then it turned out we're not a nonprofit.
Speaker 1: We're actually making money hand over fist.
Speaker 2: So Elon Musk went one of the most craziest guys instantly. Today's podcast it drops right at the top of the hour when I'm off the air at nine o'clock every Tuesday and Thursday. Today's Bill Handle Show podcast is about Elon Musk. A background of this guy and what he's about, and he is one of the most interesting characters out there. So today at nine o'clock the Bill Handle Show podcast and it's the Elon Musk episode. Available on iHeartRadio app and Spotify and Apple or wherever you digest your podcast. I've always loved that verb, you digest them, don't listen to them.
Speaker 1: That is gross, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah. Does that mean there's like podcast poop.
Speaker 1: Like podcast poop? Yeah yeah. If you listen to mine, certainly there's no issue.
Speaker 3: And all of your corny jokes keep coming back and back and back.
Speaker 4: What welcome back. So Freddie Freeman has been away from the Team Dodgers first baseman for a while because his three year old son's been in the hospital. We found out that he had gian Barret syndrome, which can cause numbness. It's a nerve disorder, even paralysis in his three year old Max's case. So Max is out of the hospital, he's back at home, he's gaining strength. And now Freddy's come back to the team, and he came back last night and on all the lockers the team had made T shirts Oh Amazon Cry that said hashtag Max Strong, and then the team wore it during warm ups last night, and then the fans gave him a standing ovation on his first at.
Speaker 2: Bat so and most importantly, the kid's gonna be okay. He anticipated full recovery.
Speaker 4: I'm not not seeing what his diagnosis is. But he is home from the hospital and he's recovering and he's gaining strength back.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I heard that he's supposed to make a full recovery. Wonderfully good. Is this the same thing that maybe Cono knows thiss that Bieber had? No? What was that that he has something different?
Speaker 1: It's not gaian bar Yeah, he suffers from no talent.
Speaker 4: No he doesn't. Justin Bieber's very talented.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big Justin Bieber fan. That's a syndrome that some there.
Speaker 5: Oh Ramsey Hunt syndrome. I knew Kno would know. He's a big believer. But God blessed Max.
Speaker 3: That is awesome.
Speaker 5: Yes, I love that Fanny May and Freddie Mack are preparing to impose stricter rules and commercial property lenders and brokers. I guess this means that they would have to independently verify financial information related to barrow wars for apartment complexes and multi family properties.
Speaker 3: So it's just.
Speaker 2: Getting tougher and tougher to get loans, and the lenders are being held to standards, making lenders more responsible for lending responsibility. One of the things about well you know lenders, Oh yeah, two thousand and eight, I mean people were getting loans on stated income stated income, which means all you do is say this is how much I'm making. I shared that phone call with you years ago. I got on handling the law. It was a lady who had bought a piece of property, a Trump Tower condo in Las Vegas. She couldn't make the first payment, not the first payment. It went into default, and it was a million dollar property. And she says, what can I do. I want to sue them. I go, well, let me ask you. When you applied for the loan, how much money were you making. She said twelve dollars an hour. And I said, and you bought a million dollar property. Yeah, yeah, no down payment. I was going to flip it because property was going up. She was going to flip it the first month, and all of a sudden it came to a halt, and she wanted to sue them. And she lied about how much money she was making, and she wanted to sue them, and the lenders were going crazy. They would just let anybody buy anything. They were making so much money. So she's gotten stiffer and stiffer and hell more and more responsible. God forbid, We're not going to have them at not like we did, because lenders are actually being you know, their their noses are being held to that grindstone there.
Speaker 4: Okay, Metro is gonna ticket anyone that gets in its way. So La has a plan to use a new automated ticketing system to enforce parking violations in bus line, bus lanes and it bus stops. It's a camera based technology. It'll be on La Metro buses and then it'll automatically ticket you if you're blocking dedicated bus lanes or bus stops with cars. They're expecting it to generate millions in revenue and say it'll pay for itself once it's deployed.
Speaker 1: I believe that, and I'm fine with that.
Speaker 2: You're if you're crazy enough to or if you're rude enough to park in a bus lane and buses have to go around you, no thanks. I think you should get nailed. I think that should. I think if you get caught doing that, that should be ten to twenty that'll stop them.
Speaker 3: Well that goes.
Speaker 1: No one will do it a second No one will do it a second time. I guarantee you.
Speaker 5: Hey, son, I see that dumb ball in your pocket, off with his head, all right. So Louisiana officials unveiled several posters. These are not actual posters, but kind of like, hey, you could do this. These are posters of the Ten Commandments. They could soon be placed in state classrooms, and they feature people like the House Speaker Mike Johnson, late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and even Hamilton creator Lynn Manuel Miranda. And basically they're trying to make these posters hip and fun and say, hey, look, the Ten Commandments can be fun and make it look legal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're trying to figure out a way as opposed to just have the Ten Commandments with Moses sitting up there with his tablets. Actually Charlton Hesting saying I'm not going to get low. You're gonna have to get what was his line? What did Moses say? Uh, the only way you're going to take away these tablets from me if from my cold dead hands.
Speaker 1: Didn't as to say that.
Speaker 5: No, that's you're conflating too different, you know what? Though, interestingly enough, that was the first Moses was the first one to ever download information to a tablet from the cloud.
Speaker 2: Well said, Well said, very nice, very nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, we are done.
Speaker 2: We're gonna leave it at that with Neil with the line Azure very well said. This is KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.