Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Hittaebilly Horror Stories podcast. We're going to get right into this week's episode here in just a second. First, I just want to apologize for the access amount of ads on last week's episode. I forgot to go in and change the ad settings. I watched rusch and I got sloppy for that. I apologize. I know how annoying that can be, and usually they show up at the least convenient time. So, as Jerry would say, let's get to the meat and potatoes, shall we. This week's episode, Jerry and Tracy discussed Jerry's experience growing up in a haunted house and favorite members were special Gifts, Enjoy you.
Speaker 2: Don't fail right down, toad Ram and wholesome is questionable time but you just can't let it.
Speaker 3: Goldie through right here.
Speaker 2: Put it on the show with paving normal over low, with Southern hospitality, Haunt and murder may have him one discuss the immortality lowcases with a dark pass his to read it comes to light few village with a knack, poor heavy thing. He goes on big night. Hoh, but thank you to be my dumpy too?
Speaker 1: What have you turned off the light?
Speaker 2: Fixing in a little comedy to make sure that all fifties just right.
Speaker 3: Hey, we'll come to a new billy or story.
Speaker 2: Now here's your whole Jerry break all tender's, golf's nieh.
Speaker 3: And sometimes they're tent pready, but.
Speaker 2: Never the ferrets.
Speaker 3: Tracy.
Speaker 4: As usual, we want to thank all of our military and civil servants all over the world, no matter which country you represent, as long as you're one of the good guys, we just want to say thank you for what you do for us every single day.
Speaker 3: To the men and women and service animals out there.
Speaker 5: Continue prayers for you guys. Thank you for keeping us safe. Always always, always praying for you all. Thank you for all you guys do for us.
Speaker 4: Tracy's It's been another one of those weeks where we've talked to a lot of people that are struggling going through some things. We just we want to make sure everybody realizes that the group is a safe place. I've seen a couple of people post because they felt like there was no other place that they could post with whatever situation they had going on, and I'm glad that people feel that way. I just want to make sure that everybody realizes that it is a safe place. Obviously, you can contact myself with Tracy, or you can you know, if you need a professional service. There are professional services out there obviously, places like Betterhelp, who've been sponsors on the show in the past, and Tracy what else could they do?
Speaker 5: You can call nine eight eight the crisis hotline. You can also text is seven four one seven four to one. We love you guys, and just reach out to us please.
Speaker 4: All right, Welcome to episode sixteen of Hillbilly Horror Stories. I am joined by my lovely co host Tracy. Hey, everybody, and tonight we're gonna do something a little bit different. Typically, we tell you some long stories about some phenomenons or some hundred houses or attractions or what have you. Tonight we had a little bit of a different take. We had some situations early in the week that kept us from doing the research that we would normally do. And we want to give you, guys every bit the show you deserve, and if I can't do the research on it to give you the full facts of what we're gonna be talking about that night, I'd just as soon do something a little bit different and pick up next week.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna do a show for you tonight.
Speaker 4: But we're gonna do a lot of personal accounts because people tend to write and say they like it when we talk about the personal stories and things that have happened, and that's what we're gonna do tonight. So I thought it'd be fitting to just be kind of brought in with a little mister Toby Keith.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about me.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about I want to talk about Mama, wan mean mind what to think?
Speaker 4: What I like?
Speaker 3: Want to know what I want to see.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about me.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Toby. I didn't actually know Toby or anything. I just played that off of YouTube. So he's not actually here in case she was if you were wondering if he was actually here, but he's not.
Speaker 5: That would be awesome if he was.
Speaker 4: Let's get into this a little bit. I've mentioned on the show several times about some of my experiences. I mentioned I've grown up in a haunted house, but we've never really touched on any of the subjects that happened other than the demon story that I felt like outside the window that day. Uh So we've talked about some other personal experiences with having somebody come to me to say that they were sent there by my mom, which was one, and some situations where some people passed away close to me, and it's like I got in an electronic message through either of the st or something like that blaring in the middle of night, to let me know that those things have happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's what's really crazy.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Tracy can can speak for some of the situations that happened. Both of the situations we've had happened from friends passing away. She was actually there to witness the situations, Like the one of my friends passed away at about the same time, same night, we had to surround sound go off in the living room. It was like, you know, something like midnight, one o'clock in the morning, nobody's in the house and it just starts blaring.
Speaker 3: And you know, that was one.
Speaker 4: In any other situation, we had a TV kept cutting itself on and off to the point where we had to unplug it. So she got the witness you know, both of those happened.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that really scared me a lot because I'm like, I didn't I have really never experienced anything like that before. So and sadly to say that as soon as the stereo thing happened, Jerry totally just like looked at me and said, oh my gosh, somebody's passed away or something. And I'm like, well, well whatever, that don't make no sense to me, and sure enough they did. So it was a wide of wackeding experience, to say the least. So I'm kind of excited to hear what Jerry has to say about his past. I don't know everything that happened in his past, you know, of course, before we met, So I'm gonna let him continue on.
Speaker 4: Well, I come from a very long, I guess list of family members that I will say have certain gifts, each one kind of different. My grandmother had a unique gift. Great grandmother, I should say, she had a unique gift. And you you know, like I said, people can believe what they want to believe. I can go by what I see.
Speaker 3: But she had a gift to heal people of like burns and.
Speaker 5: What have you.
Speaker 4: I can remember one time I burnt my hand on a griddle, the wrist part, and it was burnt pretty bad, and she would like, take take your hand, and she would just like mumble some stuff, kind of whisper some stuff that you never really understood what she was saying. But she was Cherokee O. She was like three quarters Cherokee Indian and this is where she got this stuff, I mean. And literally my hand healed up in like two days. No way, nothing nothing there, not a scar, not a blister, nothing from probably the best I can remember, probably a second degree burn. And this was when I was about nine years old.
Speaker 5: So no way, Well they're lucky then, yeah, because she had that the only experience I had with the sun, well, it was actually a really bad sunburn, and to this day, I still haven't figured it out. I got like so burnt that I had this elderly lady come up to me. She said, honey, I know how to fix that. I'm like what, and I swear not two seconds later, she pulled my arm out and she spit right on my arm and then rubbed it in and I was like, what the heck are you doing? She said, no, I'm telling you that it's gonna take the sting right out of that burn. Well after I was disgusted and like you're crazy. But anyway, it worked. It seriously did work.
Speaker 3: I've seen some movies like that, but it usually wouldn't you know it sunburning?
Speaker 5: Well I don't really want to know about that, but yeah, it was. It's so funny though, the things that people do, the things that people say, and it's just amazing that they do work. I just didn't interrupt you, but I was just like that just popped in my head, and that happened when I was a little kid as well. I just thought it was so gross.
Speaker 4: Well it is gross, Actually it's amazing. I mean, I'm my great grandma. She had those gifts to where she could kind of heal people. It didn't necessarily have to be burns, but that was kind of like her specialty, so to speak.
Speaker 3: And that's awesome. My grandma.
Speaker 4: I don't necessarily know that she had anything because it was never really talked about with her, and she was somebody I didn't really care a lot for, so it didn't really matter matter so whatever. My mom, on the other hand, she actually had the ability to kind of see stuff. Good example, I had a friend come over. He had lost something that was really important to him, and she said, there and she's kind of read his palm a little bit, and she told him to go home and check in the hall closet on the top shelf, and he went home, checked on the closet on the top shelf, and sure enough, that's where he was looking for. And he had combed the house over for like three or four days looking for whatever it was. And you know, little things like that she was able to do. She was she was really good at like reading poems and what have you. And so to me, I guess part of what I got. I won't say. I won't go as far as to say I have a gift by any means. I will say I'm open to stuff. And I think when you're open to stuff, everybody's got a little bit of psychic ability if you're open enough.
Speaker 3: Things happening with me.
Speaker 4: I've always been able to stupid stuff like I'm super into music, so I can kind of tell you a song that's getting ready to come on the radio, or I can just flip the channel and say this songs on and flipping it'll be on.
Speaker 5: And I have witnessed that too. It is the weirdest thing. He does it like all the time. I don't know how he does it, but he, I mean, he is on it.
Speaker 3: It's just crazy.
Speaker 4: I know some people would say oh, well, you know, this song gets played thirty times a day. It's probably a pretty good guest. But I'd like to give you an example. When my wife is from a little town called dry Ridge and they've got up radio station. It plays like this super old country stuff that most people today, if you're under the age of fifty, you probably don't know any of these songs. And one day we were riding and I just happened to look at her and I said, have you ever heard of a song called Running Bear Loves Little White Girl? I said, it was a song I used to listen to, you know, years ago, And don't you know, like five minutes later, this guy came on and played that song. I mean, this is a song that I probably haven't heard in thirty years, and me mentioning it, and then it was on the radio within like five minutes.
Speaker 5: I mean, and it's absolutely the truth. It's like I just all I can do is look at.
Speaker 3: Him, like, what in the heck.
Speaker 4: So I've had situations like that, like like I had one time. To give you a further example of things like that, I can since sometimes when there's a problem. The way back when I first got out of high school. This is definitely pre cell phone days because I'm forty eight, so we're talking thirty years ago. I was over a friend of mine's house, me and another friend, and we're over there and we're playing cards and stuff. Whether my parents didn't have a clue where I was. I was typical teenager running around and we were over having fun, and all of a sudden, we hear this loud boom and coming from their laundry room and a big thing of laundry detergent had fell off a top shelf. Now they weren't doing laundry, so there was no vibrations or anything going on. It fell off the top shelf onto the washer, and immediately I looked at my friend and said, I got to get home.
Speaker 3: Something's wrong.
Speaker 4: That was just the initial reaction that I had, And it was like there was no reason for that thing to fall, but it was almost like something, let me know. So I get to my dad's house and which was only about literally seven eight minutes away. I get this house and they're like, we've been looking all over for you. Your uncle has gotten into a major deal. He's got some guy sucker punched him. He came here trying to get your dad's gun, was going after him, and your dad was going with him to go try to calm the situation down, and everybody was in an uproar. But that's a perfect example of something that just I had a notion something happened a me an ocean something was wrong, and sure enough, something was wrong.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: But to get back to the haunted part of the house, we're gonna have to go back. I was telling you about my great grandma, the one with the burns, her husband, which was my grandpa Troy, great Grandpa Troy. They pretty much raised my mom. She wouldn't raise by her mom. Her mom was not there very often. She was kind of an alcoholic and ran the streets, and she left them to be raised by her grandma and grandpa. And she loved these people to death. And her grandpa passed away. I was about thirteen years old. We had just moved into this house. I mean literally probably been there less than three months.
Speaker 5: Are you talking about the house in Fardell Because my.
Speaker 4: Parents, my dad's lived there since my mom passed away ten years ago. My dad's lived there now for going on thirty five years. And so you know, we're in the house and my mom. One of the things she.
Speaker 3: Hated was because we moved decent ways away.
Speaker 4: It was about thirty minutes away from where her grandma on grandpa lived, and that was always one of her concerns because we were always literally right around the corner from Yeah. And so he had cancer and he passed away, and it devastated my mom at this point in time. And you'd have to know how my mom was. My mom was one of these people that she was kind of a free spirit. I mean she'd just pick up and grabbed the kids and we'd all take a trip down to Mammoth Cave, which was like an hour and a half away, and you know, that's the way she was. Let's just get up and go do something. Let's go, go, go, let's have fun. After my grandpa passed away, she literally was so devastated to the point to where physical illness came on.
Speaker 3: I mean she got to where she.
Speaker 4: Developed esophagitis real bad, to where she couldn't eat anything but baby food because her esophagus, the stomach acids and stuff coming up just she couldn't swallow anything else what I getting choked. So she was she had to go on like a baby food diet for like six months, constant depression. I mean, it just completely changed the type of person that she was. And I can remember and this is this is the first time that anything happened in the house. We were sitting in the living room. It was just myself and her the television. We had one of those old console televisions. And I don't know if you've seen these or not, but on top of the television we had it was like a chair.
Speaker 3: It looked like a chair, but it was a pincushion.
Speaker 4: It was for people who did sewing to where like the just picture like a dollhouse chair, but it was made of a fabric and the little chair where the seat was it would lift up and you could put your sewing thread and stuff like that. But the whole thing was designed you could just stick needles all over it and that's the way it was designed to be. So we had this thing sitting on the television. She was well, it was just it kind of looked like a decoration. That's what she used it more was for the decoration. And because she had the little couch and the chair set up there, they were cute. Anyways, we had just got through doing some work to the house, so we took the house numbers off, big metal numbers, uh, and they were laying there. These metal numbers were laying on top of that chair. This thing was weighted down, and there was also a bottle of Elmer's glue. This is so this was thirty five years ago, but it sticks out so much that I remember every detail.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Now I'm sitting back on a chair.
Speaker 4: She's sitting on a couch next to me, So the chair and the couch were kind of next to each other, and she's watching the seven hundred Club, which if you're unfamiliar to seven hundred Club, it's.
Speaker 3: A religious show. And they tell you there's a prayer line of stuff to call.
Speaker 4: So she calls this prayer line and as she's talking to whoever on there, this chair weighted down with these three different metal house numbers, and this glue pops up about two feet off of the chair and just lands on the floor and everything just scatters out of it.
Speaker 1: What the heck?
Speaker 4: And we just looked at each other. I mean, she dropped the phone and she looked at me, and I looked at her, and I was like, oh my god. I was like that just happened, so that that was the very first thing that happened. So I go to bed that night. She comes in here and wakes me up. It's probably one o'clock in the morning. She says, I'm hearing noises upstairs in the attic. Can you come in and sit with me? So I came and sat with her, and I was in there for probably thirty minutes, not a sound, didn't hear anything.
Speaker 3: So I go back to bed.
Speaker 4: About two or three nights later, she wakes me up again. I'm hearing those noises in the attic again. Can you please come in the living room. So I go in the living room, not expecting anything, and sure enough, it was just a few minutes later there was scratching and scooting around. It sounded like somebody was moving heavy furniture, because you could tell, like if you've got a floor that's not carpeted and you got a heavy capture something you scooted across the floor, you get that, you know, squealing, squeech treation kind of sound.
Speaker 3: And that's what it sounded like.
Speaker 4: Now, our attic had no hardwood floors or anything up there. I mean, it was literally just the boards going across and the insulation, so there was nothing could be scooted across. There's no it's a low attic, so there's no walking around up there. If you go up there, you have a hunch over and just kind of reach around. So there's there's no moving around up.
Speaker 3: In that attic.
Speaker 4: It's strictly for storage. No clue what this could It was too loud to be rats or mice or what.
Speaker 5: If it was at that Oh my god, that would have been.
Speaker 3: A huge You would rather it be a ghost or a demon than a rat.
Speaker 5: Yes, I would be totally moving out of that house. I will take a demon.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I don't really. I don't like mice.
Speaker 5: Is this is the thing I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: I hate them? All right? Go ahead.
Speaker 4: At this point, I was kind of believing or something there. Well, we talked before on the episode where I talked about thinking there was a demon outside. I said that there was a stereo right by my bed and it was there for a reason, and that reason was I used to hear voices through our ventilation ducks. What you could just hear it sounded like whispering, and sometimes you could tell the difference there would be two or three voices, one would be female, two different guys, but you.
Speaker 3: Could hear voices, but you can make out what they were to make out what they were saying. But it was just kind of a whispering. I'd be so scared and it would.
Speaker 4: It did scare me, and it scared me to the point to where I bought a stereo to cover up the noise, and I put it there to play. And then if I woke up and I heard noises, I could just turn the stereo on just to try to cover it up. So that was the whole purpose. I had a stereo next to me. Oh my gosh, it was to cover that up. And we would have situations. Sometimes it was playful things. I mean our house. You would have to know how this was set up. But when you walk into the living room this house, there's one bedroom off to the right, and then there's a little bitty I won't.
Speaker 3: Even say a hallways.
Speaker 4: It's just a landing where you can go one of three ways, straight into the bathroom, right to a bedroom, or left to the kitchen slash dining room. And those rooms all have doors that lead to the other, so you can make a complete circle. So you go into the bedroom, there's a door leads to another bedroom. There's a door leads to a third extra room, and then a door that leads to the launder room, and then straight to the kitchen.
Speaker 3: You can make it. You can make a complete circle.
Speaker 4: So the way the house was set up, if you went to the right, that was my sister's bedroom, and then you opened a door, and then it was my bedroom, and then you opened the door again, and there was a built on room and that we kind of used it as a just to catch all extra room and we kind of made it like a little TV room. Well, needless to say, one day I left and went into my sister's room to go out because everybody was out of the pool. We had up pull in the backyard, and I went to go out and I tripped over a toy don't remember exactly where, a stuffed animore or something. I picked it up, I put in a toy box. I went out there and I talked to the people. You know, my family was in the pool. I was there talking about something. I come back in, went right back to my room, and that toy was right back in the same room.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: No, from that point in time.
Speaker 4: I shut the door and I put a console TV that I had in front of that door, and that door until I moved out, which was like six years later, never was opened up again.
Speaker 3: I complete gal was not going to I would go back the other way. Now.
Speaker 4: The other thing was And this was the scariest thing. And I got two sisters that were vouch for this. We were in that little TV room one night. It's kind of kind of funny, but kind of wouldn't. So we've got the TV room and you get the laundry room and there's no door separating it's just a big open space, so you know, you could but there was carpet in that little extra room, the TV room, and in the other the dining room was like linoleum, and we had a couple of those strow rugs.
Speaker 3: You know those things can be slippering.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. And we were sitting there watching TV one night and all of a sudden, the shadow comes up on the wall and we all noticed it at the same time. And there's no light except for the TV which is facing us, so there's nothing that could be putting the shadow on the wall.
Speaker 3: And it looked like the image of a devil with horns get out of here with that. So we all just kind of looked at each other and we're like, are you seeing this? And they're like yeah, And then.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden, it's like the shadow turned sideways, like instantly turned sideways. As we're just sitting there with nothing to make the shadow. My sisters both jumped up and went to run out of the room, and of course, as soon as they did, one of them hit the the throw carpet and probably and slipped and fell going around the refrigerator. The refrigerator used to be right there where the pantry is, and it was like, oh my god. It was just like but I mean, that was one of the scariest things that had happened. I mean, it was something that three of us all saw at the same time.
Speaker 3: You have night tonight. No, I'm so used to it. It got to the point, in all honesty, because.
Speaker 4: We're going to wrap this show up a little bit earlier to night, but it got to the point to where it's the noises started happening, like the whispers and stuff. I would just say, hey, I need you to keep it down because I'm trying to sleep or this, and that and it literally would stop.
Speaker 3: And I felt like that. I felt like that.
Speaker 4: I really felt like for the most part, there was nothing bad in the house, but you know, push comes to shove. Considering some of the other stuff, there might have been two or three other things going on. But there was some theories as to what happened in the house. We had some psychics come in from U of L and actually do some stuff. And oh, we used to hear a baby cry all the time. We would kind of hear it, like right there in the between where I said there's a split for the three different rooms.
Speaker 3: You would kind of hear a baby cry right there.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: And the other thing is over on the right side of the house. The land always seemed a little bit lower there, and we really couldn't get a whole lot to grow over there. So these cycists come in. We don't really tell them much of anything. Yeah, we just said, hey, what do you see. They told us that back in the pioneer days, a dad basically had his daughter, was pregnant by a guy and had a baby at a wedlock. He killed all of them and buried them on They said they buried them on the side of the house.
Speaker 3: Oh crap, and then or he.
Speaker 4: Said that he said that he buried the baby and the wife on the side of the house and then he died, or he buried the boyfriend. They got her pregnant in the back where that TV room was, So that's kind of what they said a deal. So without us telling them anything, they said something about a baby, they said something about people dying, and that might have answered why the nothing was over on the side of the house where they were supposedly buried, where everything was a little bit lower.
Speaker 5: So could you guys, like, could you guys look that up somehow?
Speaker 3: Probably? I mean you're talking thirty years ago, thirty five years ago. It really wouldn't any Internet or anything out of that is.
Speaker 5: The craziest thing I've ever heard. Now I'm gonna I'm gonna have nightmares.
Speaker 4: Probably, So we're gonna wrap this show up. We do want to say that next week's show is going to be awesome. We're putting a lot of effort into this one. It's gonna be on the Amityville horror. But we're not going to talk about the same old Amnityville horror that everybody talks about. We're not gonna do with the movies based on and the Lutzes and everybody, everybody knows that story.
Speaker 3: What we're going to talk about is Ronald Defael.
Speaker 4: He's the guy that actually killed his whole family right before the Lutz has moved in, killed six people. And man, there's some freaky stuff that went on with that guy. There's even some conspiracy stuff that maybe he didn't do it by hisself, even though he's the one that took the rap for all of it. But we're gonna get into all that, and uh, I think you're gonna really find that show interesting.
Speaker 5: I just want to say that I really thank you guys for all. We appreciate y'all so much listening to this podcast. I mean, I mean, we get so excited just to look to see how many listens we've got and just you know, the really nice comments that we have and everything. It really really does mean a lot to us, guys, So we hope you all continue to listen. And you know, I know this is a kind of a creepy podcast, but it's really interesting. But we all are full of love here. We're not, you know, I don't know, it's just something that really interesting to talk about. But you know, I just want to let you guys know we really do appreciate y'all so much.
Speaker 4: And one thing you guys can do to help, besides spreading the word, which you obviously have done, if you have an iTunes account if not, sign up for one, find us on iTunes and give us a rating. The hire the rating and the good reviews, the more easier it is for people to find us on there. And that's something I'm just now learning more about. So if you guys can do that, we would greatly.
Speaker 5: That would be awesome. Yes, it would be honey.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys so much, and we'll see you next week. All right, bye, guys. They would like to thank you folks for kind of dropping in.
Speaker 1: We're all invited back next week for.
Speaker 3: This locality to have a heapen helping of their hospitality. Kild it that is.
Speaker 1: I'll come back now here