Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Fudday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 3: And the man wearing Dennis Currn's old number six makes it too nothing With John Taylor, I was just gonna say underrated egg, deviled egg.
Speaker 2: And Rick Dolly Wall.
Speaker 1: Now are you gonna go on the coach at eight o'clock tonight? Sits down and let's put it.
Speaker 2: In gears Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 3: Ten o'clocking Downtown de Grouper bron the Paul Carson Studio effects for tuning in, Folks, It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dolly Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man of the controls our director. The voice of God is Derek Won.
Speaker 1: How are you Lovely? Couldn't be better?
Speaker 3: Canucks at Minnesota Tonight. The Minnesota while number one in the National Hockey League, leading the NHL overall standings. Meanwhile, the Canocks hot on the road trip. They're ending the six game road trip four and one. On this road trip, coming in. We'll talk more about that in a bit. So much talk over the last twenty four hours regarding JT. Miller, and we're going to try. I don't think we'll be successful to get some clarity on this whole situation with JT.
Speaker 1: Miller.
Speaker 3: Not that long ago, Arthur Staples. We'll start here. And by the way, just to preface all of this, JT. Miller has been out for personal reasons since November seventeenth. I think I've got that right against the Nashville Predators. He got benched in the third period, hasn't played since. Arthur Staples covers the Rangers for the Athletic. He reported that the Rangers recently reported the Rangers had called regarding JT. Miller's availability, And you say that is correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is Rangers. And I believe a couple of other teams called to see if he was available. They were told, no, this is not And I said this, Donny, the Canucks are not the ones calling teams about Miller. Teams are calling the Canucks about Miller and saying, hey, if this guy becomes available, is he available, and you know, keep us in mind. Kind of like that not surprising, right, No, it's not because teams check up on good players all the time, whether they're healthy, they're injured, or they're in a situation like this. Teams are always looking and calling. Not surprise teams or maybe they're not happy.
Speaker 3: We don't know. We don't know. When it comes to J. T. Miller yesterday, all sorts of activity on Twitter, on social media, tweets, whether they're reliable or not, talking about how J. T. Miller wants out of Vancouver.
Speaker 1: Just just wrong on so many levels of people tweeting Miller wants a trade. It's not true. He's on a leave of absence, folks, So why don't you let the guy just be on a leave of absence and he's trying to work on the issues that led to his departure now, But Donnie, we live in a world. This is sad. It's a sad world sometimes. But until he returns sadly, the rumors in the speculation won't end. He doesn't want out, He's he's working hard on trying to fix his issues. The last thing on his mind would be a trade request. It would be a situation where he sits, get me out of Vancouver. He's working on currently, the things that led to his departure. So it's just sadly Twitter is a vicious animal. Let's just let's throw anything out there, Let's see if it sticks. Let's throw anything out there, and then you got these guys that just love this, eat it up, retweet it, and they just love let's get let's get it going.
Speaker 3: Regarding his family situation, right after he was nouncement came out that he wouldn't be playing for a while. No basis to them.
Speaker 1: No, we live in a national inquiry world where people don't wait for facts. On Twitter, anybody can throw something out and people believe it. They don't want to wait for evidence. They don't want to wait for facts. They don't They want the national inquir stuff and they want it now. But here's the problem, there's no clarity in this situation. So it's an easy target to just make up stuff and throw it out there because there's no clarity.
Speaker 3: Well, the people I always talk about how the number one currency on the planet right now is attention and people want it your nail tension, and you know, like they probably think it. There's a fifty percent chance I'm going to be right here and I look like a genius at the end. Andy Strickland is out of Saint Louis. He's a reporter slash podcast a host. He hosts the Cam and Strict podcast. A lot of people, a lot of people listen. Okay, yep. He tweeted out yesterday. This is further to your report from yesterday that USA Hockey, fully, I don't know if we have this right USA Hawkeky, thank you, fully expects j T. Miller to be available for the upcoming Four Nations tournament in February.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And it's exactly what I said yesterday that I think that JT. I believe j T will be on the US team. They're announcing it tomorrow. Yes, it'll be him and Hughes and Peterson and Lincoln and who represent the Canucks at the Four Nations thinking it for Finland for Finland and Peterson for the Swedes. I what happened with his leave of absence has not altered the Americans view on JT. I've told everyone this from the start.
Speaker 3: J T.
Speaker 1: Miller is going to be a big part of that American team. They love him, They need that absolute what he brings to the table. They love that he's going to be a big part of that American team.
Speaker 3: Now, the reason we're showing this tweet from Andy Strickland is that the subject of J. T. Miller came up yesterday on the with the Cam and Strict podcast. Yeah, okay again a lot of people listen much more like Donnie and Dolly, all right, And and here is Andy Strickland. This is this is out of Saint Louis. And you saying, everybody I know said Andy Strickland's wired in and he's out of Saint Louis, close to NHL issues, close to the American team. But this is and this is speculation, but this is from a guy who knows a thing or two, who's dialed in, as they say in the business. This is Andy Strickland on the Cam and Strict podcast yesterday. Ryan, That's right, that's right, Cam and Strict podcast. I'm not speculating on J. T. Miller's current absence.
Speaker 1: My thing is about J T.
Speaker 3: Miller. I just wonder.
Speaker 4: He's always had a reputation cam being very hard on his teammates. I mean borderline like abusive, you know what I'm saying, Like like some of those I'm sure Nathan McKinnon is similar you know what I mean, right, Like you don't see what goes on behind the scenes between periods, after games whatever. You don't get the puck up, like I'm the wide open, you don't move the puck. I'm sure he's hard on those guys, and he got benched by Rick Tocket and J. T. Miller is so intense and we all know how good he is. But like he's not going to be afraid of anybody. I'm not saying he shouldn't be afraid of Rick Tocket, but he's probably you know, he doesn't give it man, Like he knows who he is as a player, how important he is to the team. He's got a belief system, and I'm sure for some people it's hard to accept how he goes about handling it sometimes and maybe he does cross the line. So I don't know what happened here, but maybe the team told him, Hey, you just need to step away and get a handle on some of these issues that maybe you have. Because it doesn't appear to be substance abuse. There's no release from the league that says he's entered the substance abuse program. So I understand when people say I give him credit because he's away, and I know you don't want to hear that he makes a lot of money.
Speaker 3: But he makes a lot of money.
Speaker 4: There's a dad out there with four kids, five kids, two kids, three kids, who gets up at four in the morning every day, who doesn't want to who's brinding it every single day, who's got his own issues, you know what I mean, And he doesn't have a choice. So to me, this is not a bravery situation. And you can't come out and to say he's being brave without knowing the information.
Speaker 3: See, when I hear that, it makes me think. And again we're speculating here, and we apologize for that, but we're having a discussion. Yep, that's what you do on a talk show. When I hear that, I automatically jump to it sounds like the team asked him to take a break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what he's insinuating there that it was the club who said JT. You need to take a break, you.
Speaker 3: Know, versus yeah, some other issues that's been out.
Speaker 1: There, that it was either the coaching staff or you know, you know, somebody asked him to take a leave of absence. And again, you know, the only people that know what's going on. Don are JT his agent in the Canucks upper brass.
Speaker 3: That's it, But there's so much noise out there. That's why we thought we tackle literally.
Speaker 1: Rangers calling, absolutely Rangers calling, and now Strickland and now there's another bogus he wants to trade report again. You know, it's just but here, here's what I can tell everybody with honesty. All sides in this matter are hoping he gets back soon. All sides forget about the trade and the dumb trade requests rumors and all that stupidity. There's a guy dealing with something. Let him deal with it. You know. But when I when I said to somebody, why are the Rangers calling? Knowing he's dealing with the leave of apps since I was told hockey team's down. When it's a good player, they will call twenty four to seven every time, whether he's injured, he's healthy, or he's dealing with JT. They're trying to feel out the market and if he becomes available, they're basically telling the.
Speaker 3: Company they're they're doing their job.
Speaker 1: They're doing their job.
Speaker 3: Like I don't blame them for a second. If they feel that they can acquire a player of JT. Miller's value maybe at fifty cents on the dollar, whatever the case may be. It's their job to try to do it. You know, if he's not happy in Vancouver. If that's the case, I don't blame I don't blame the Rangers for trying to reacquire JTM.
Speaker 1: And they weren't the only team, so and so I get that. But this situation, sadly is going to continue until the day JT. Miller comes back. And then J T. Miller stands in front of a microphone and explains what happened. We live in Canada. We got this thing called Twitter. It's vicious animal and you can throw stuff out. Remember the Corey Perry Bdard rumor just absolutely nonsense, and half the people believed it because that's the society we live in. We're just gonna believe what people on Twitter throw out.
Speaker 3: That's well, But part of it is curiosity too. You can't curiosity.
Speaker 1: How about waiting for the evidence, don But how about waiting.
Speaker 3: For you You're not curious at all, You're not nobody out there is curious. Well, okay, I'm not saying it's right to put out tweets like that, but people. People are curious. Look at this strange situation you've got. You've got one of the one of the great players, and he is. He's one of the great players of the National Hockey League. His team's coming off a very good season, he was playing well, and all of a sudden, he's gone. And there's really no explanation. Look, I can understand why people are curious, and we're bringing it up today because there's been so much noise over the last twenty four hours on social media, on podcasts, things like that. Don't I don't blame people are curious.
Speaker 1: I still will maintain it's a reset, physical, mental, Whatever led to the reset is debatable because there's no clarity. But I am convinced there's nothing sinister here. Is just a guy needs a break. And whether the team told him to take the break or he took the break, he's taking a break.
Speaker 3: Well no, but Rick, maybe it's the team that needs a break from him. Yeah, Well that's that's what That That what Andy Strickland had to say there makes me think that.
Speaker 1: He's he's basically saying the Canucks told him that, Look, you know, it's time to take a break.
Speaker 3: Okay, lost to talk about today that take a break. How are you today? All right?
Speaker 1: You were in a very bad, bad mood this earlier last morning over preparing for the show. Very bad. No, I'm fine.
Speaker 3: You and I argued for about half an hour yep.
Speaker 1: Yep, forty five minutes. I sat back, I listened. I don't think the Canucks communication on this has been all that great.
Speaker 3: That's a problem. But that's what I It's kind of been a running theme A little bit sure, But who's written the book on this one? It is a strange situation, like like there's nothing about Annie Strickland just talked about the NHL, NHLPA, you know, a substance. You know, we don't hear about injuries, which we normally would. I'm not sure what we're you know, what book has been written about how to how to handle this?
Speaker 1: I just I just wonder, like.
Speaker 5: I don't want to speculate too much, but not the guy, but if he but if he was if he was suspended by the team, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. I'm just saying then, like were they afraid to say that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: Were they was this the mutual way? It's kind of like, you know, when guys, get Trevor Lindon. Will we amicably parted ways?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: We just both went our separate ways instead of saying you were fired right. This is the kind of the buzzphrase. Now left do you want to make it as as good for both sides as possible? And I wonder if in their effort to try and do that, have you now just left it because you guys talked about this the day it happened. Show me another example, Show me another example in the National Hockey League of a player just taking a reset, just taking a break without having an NHL.
Speaker 3: Saying where's the book? Are you saying it? No?
Speaker 5: But I'm saying but I'm saying though because of that, that's why you're adding on this speculation. If that, if that's n even by the Canucks came out and ten seconds later the NHLPA sent something out about him being in some kind of program.
Speaker 1: That's it. It's over. Yeah, nobody's talking.
Speaker 3: About that that the fact is not the case here.
Speaker 1: But because it's been left open ended, what.
Speaker 3: Do things always come down to? I always say this that they come down to business. JT. Miller is one of their best players, arguably their best player, you could argue that, well, Quinn, he's the best player, but he's right up there. If the Canucks come out and say we've asked this guy to take a hike for a while, how do you think people would feel about that? You're you know, you've bucked up big time for this team as a season ticket holder, as anybody's even about one ticket, and you're telling me you've you've asked one of your best players to take a take leave of apps.
Speaker 1: But is this better?
Speaker 5: Well, this percolating speculation going on almost daily, and most it's not gonna stop.
Speaker 1: Rick's right, most of its garbage. It's starbage most because it's not gonna stop till the day he cry back, and he's not gonna it's not gonna stop.
Speaker 3: I get why people are curious, though I don't think he should tweet out things that aren't true that you that you know that aren't.
Speaker 1: Fast And the report that he wants the trade didn't come from Drager, Friedman or Lebron. And I always tell people when you're speculating about trade rumors and firings on Twitter, if it's not Freedman, Drager or Lebron, just don't believe it.
Speaker 6: But the problems to the problem the rick is every now and then, but they haven't every now and then you get a rogue somebody on Reddit or something that breaks something two hours before, and so then now people forever ago, well maybe this could be.
Speaker 3: Legit, Ryan, Those people can get lucky to throw something out and uh, twenty four hours later, I am now I'm not almost classified as a reporter. That's not that's not the case. They just got lucky.
Speaker 1: We let the guess who. Let the guy deal with what he's dealing with. He's dealing with something and the last thing on his brain is I want out of Vancouver. He wants to deal with what he's got and then come back to the Canucks and resume playing. Where would his thoughts process be to be asked for a trade.
Speaker 3: But nobody's saying anything from the team, Like Ryan says, you can understand why people will nobody.
Speaker 5: We heard from Alvin on the road trip, right, Well, yeah, and he's the one by the way that opened the door to saying he was getting help.
Speaker 1: And I've talked to people close to the situation who say we are hoping that he gets back soon. That doesn't sound like a guy that wants to trade or that the team wants to trade him, or the team wants to move him. They don't. But this we're gonna have to deal with this because there's that's Canucks Twitter.
Speaker 3: I guess the whole thing. You make it sound like everybody's wrong in this whole situation. You do the same stuff.
Speaker 1: I try my hardest to have two to three sources. You don't throw stuff out for the hell of it. Absolutely, but you don't throw it.
Speaker 3: People are curious and they want to know, okay, and they a lot of them love the Vancouver conocs yea where they're coming from. We doesn't mean I agree with you. You shouldn't speculate and throw things out on all speculation. I get that, But throwing stuff out on Twitter as though they're fact, that's wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can't believe every thing every Tom Dick and Harry says.
Speaker 3: Except on this show. Yeah, here's what's coming up, DTMZ Is it just me coming up? In the eleven o'clock hour, Craig Button is going to join. It's just after eleven o'clock. We'll see what he thinks of the first place, Minnesota, first place overall, Minnesota Wild Connection in Minnesota. Later today, I believe at five o'clock puck drop, Big ride for the guy coming up later this hour and up next the Seattle Seahawks coming back to beat Aaron Rodgers and the Jets. On the weekend, he also covers the Kraken Ian Furnesse KGr Sports Radio. Thanks for tuning in, Folks, It's Donnie Dolling the team Onet Donnie and Dollie.
Speaker 2: The team is supported by Ableauctions dot CA. Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 3: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business.
Speaker 1: And sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner. Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, Please email sales at able Auctions dot ca.
Speaker 1: That's sales at a b l E Auctions dot Ca.
Speaker 3: Tuesday and all of our guests today are brought to you by our friends at Pastime Sports and Games. Just before we get to Ian FRENASKGI Sports Radio, de Landy's Okay, tiring Langley inbox. I'm along the same lines as Ryan. Very unusual situation. This is from white Rock Troy. I think this is more what I was saying. But he's giving you credit for some reason. Trice, Come on, come on, t I don't think I've ever heard of it in forty plus years of watching hockey where a player takes a reset. That is very unusual. That's me, That's definitely me. It's an unusual situation in the Canucks. Maybe aren't handling it all that well, I get it. I'm back in the Canucks here. Yeah, that doesn't happen very often.
Speaker 5: No, you just said they're not handling you really well. Come on, I must set up a pole question in the next segment. But you also vouch for Peterson on the pole.
Speaker 1: You're changed man today. Oh wow, A in a positive way, by the way, positivity pills taken today, and I think that was me.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at it closely. Here we're joining now by Ian Frens, kg OUR Sports Radio and the Crack and Hockey Network, Seahawks over the Jets twenty six twenty one on the weekend. You're riveted listening to this. How are you sir, always riveted.
Speaker 7: I'm good. How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Lovely?
Speaker 3: Very good. Let let's talk just before we get to talk some football. Wouldn't you love to have the soap opera down in Seattle with the kracking that we've got up here with the Cauducks. All due respect to everybody involved in the situation.
Speaker 7: What's your soap opera right now? Because I can't keep track of them. It feels like there's a new one every day.
Speaker 3: Well, the whole JT. Miller absence. So there's that, Yeah, right on the road.
Speaker 7: We don't know why. We don't know why.
Speaker 3: Right, No, But as often the case, believe it or not, on talk radio slash a show like this, there's some speculation out there. Sure you're familiar with it.
Speaker 7: That never happens. Do you want to get into the cracking right now? Because we have a little drama?
Speaker 3: Go hit.
Speaker 7: Rick this. By the way, I got nothing on what you sent me to today, buddy, Okay, but this is the So the morning skate just finished in Carolina for the first game of a four game swing. The Kraken are gonna be without ryk or Evans Knight. He got banged up the other day where we're worried about his shoulder. That that wasn't a surprise. That's not the drama. The drama is this Dan Bilsma has not messed around this season. Uh, if you're not performing, and you know, sometimes he doesn't matter what the numbers look like, the underlying numbers. If you're not performing and the score sheets doesn't reflect it, you might sit. We saw that with last year's All Star Oliver york Strand earlier ty Krha was kind of collateral damage because they weren't going to set sit two veterans that night, but they sat him. They sat Shane Wright for three games, by the way, in the three In the three games since Shane Wright's come back after being a healthy scratch, He's got five points on a couple of goals, three goals and to assist. So that worked for him, worked for all Oliver, He's played well. Your friend Daniel Sprung is a healthy scratch again tonight. But the big one is Andrey Burakowski is scratched tonight. Oh, healthy healthy scratch for the Seattle Kraken tonight in Carolina. That's and that's one that we've all been kind of waiting to see. Like like how it's one thing to scratch aw York strand that was that was kind of got some guys. One thing to scratch a Shane Wright he's twenty years old, or a ty Cartier Andrey Berakowski is a healthy scratch tonight.
Speaker 3: Wow, not bad, I'm bad. You know. There's some controversy there.
Speaker 7: Not Vancouver, not Vancouver controversy. But I'm telling you that those of us that actually cover the team and that that one, that one's a good one. That's that's that's juicy for you guys.
Speaker 3: Nine points in twenty five games. Yeah, one goal in twenty five games.
Speaker 7: One goal, and the one goal came off his backside, by the way, like he didn't snipe it by any means. I mean, it's you know, sometimes you get the greasy one and then it opens the floodgates. Right, that didn't happen.
Speaker 3: We'll stick with the crack and you get to the seahocks in a pit. But what do you make of all the fuss being made over Joey Decord? He's American, he's Canadian, he's he's Swiss. When it comes to the Foreign Nations event.
Speaker 7: Is he Swiss or finished? I forget which the third one Wish said is Swiss. Okay, maybe, yeah, we were talking about is there a difference? Let's uh, we were talking about this internally a little while ago, like probably a few weeks ago. I know, I think it became a big thing on the thirty two Thoughts podcast or something. But you know, like everyone assumed Joey was American because you know, he's from Boston, you know, and played American college hockey, you know, wasn't part of the c HL or anything like that. And then you know, a little digging and we found out a few weeks ago we got the duel at least with Canadian alternative. And we all know that Canada doesn't have goalies right now, I mean, right, I mean, and I can I say this honest. I'm going to say this with due respect to the ongoing proceedings and what may have happened allegedly happened. I mean, Carter Hart was probably going to be that guy right on the on the upcome over the last few years. With him out of the mix, Canadian goaltending isn't an all time low. And you know, the Americans have at least three guys probably ahead of him, so, I don't know. We see this in soccer all the time. If I'm team Canada, I'm all over Joey to Cord right now. You want him on your team. You want him on your hockey team for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to your Seahawks Ian defensive tackle Leondard Williams. I wish someday I could move as fast as he did on that ninety two yard touch.
Speaker 3: You have to do is gain one hundred and fifty pounds.
Speaker 1: That it is seventeen miles an hour.
Speaker 7: Look at this, Yeah, what is that? Clicks by the way, seventeen miles an hour? What is that? How fast is that up north.
Speaker 3: Of the border? Just under thirty?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was flying, he was he was humming along. Man. He has been a revelation when he was acquired last year. We talked about it a year ago.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 7: There were people here that were like, upset, this is our You know, we have Seahawks. You have canuckstrama and soap operas. We have seat we have Seahawks soap operas. I mean all the all twenty two guys and all the nerds that think they know the game and start losing their mind over things, and you know Leonard Williams this, and why would you get they gave up a high draft pick because it was a salary cap situation that they had to They had to maneuver around that, not just last year, but this year as well, and so maybe the compensation wasn't what they wanted. But they also had full, full intentions to re sign him long term, which they did. They loved the player he's and they loved him under the Pete Carroll defense, by the way. Uh, but Mike McDonald has a similarity to Pete Carroll. I believe in that he's able to take players that don't maybe fit in the box, like like when you think of like Ricky kind of mentioned defensive tackle, they might listen as a defensive end. They've used him as an outside linebacker in terms of pass rush situations. He's got such a big frame. It's a different type of frame than than you know is the norm. He's a lot of times you want those guys to be like six three six ' four and three hundred and twenty pounds or what have you, or maybe a little sleeker build and a little quicker the off the hoof. But but he doesn't fit that, but they found a way to use him and Mike McDonald, much like Pete Carroll did back in the day with you know, players that kind of had great talent but didn't fit the you know, the specks of like six, four sixty three, whatever it might be. They found a way to use him. He's been impactful all year. He's been impactful the last two weeks, and honestly, I don't know if I'd go as far as to say he saved the season, but that pick six, they could have gone up twenty eight to six or whatever it would have been. Now, that might have been ballgame right there. It was a massive play by him, and.
Speaker 1: They didn't allow any points to the rest of the way. I got to ask you this about Russell Wilson, because we've all ripped Russell on this show, including Union. But he's doing some fine work in Seattle five and one, four hundred and fourteen. No, in Pittsburgh, he's doing some five work there. He's five and once it's taken over for four hundred and fourteen yards over the weekend. What's going on here?
Speaker 7: What's going on? Donnie Donney looks like he's about ready to like lose.
Speaker 3: I've been fighting a cold for two weeks. I gave it to dolliway, no, I got it. Now we're both fighting it. But you know he's not fighting it is Russell Wilson.
Speaker 1: What's going on to Wilson?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Good guy, right, good guy, Russell Wilson, good guy. Really, he's playing for a contract, playing for a contract. What do you want from me? I think what you found is a good fit for him. He's not making fifty million from the Steelers. He's making high thirties or forties from the Broncos who are paying him. He's making league minimum.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 7: Came in there with not a lot of pressure, and I, from my understanding with I've got a couple buddies that work in Pittsburgh and have been there for a long time. Initially we saw the same old Russell act for a while. The entourage is on the field, hanging around during practices and stuff, and that stuff doesn't fly in Pittsburgh, man, Mike Tomlin, that doesn't fly. You buy in or you're out, And right now he's buying in. There's never been a question of his talent, and I always kind of didn't like it when people were saying, Oh, he's lost a step, He's not as fast. He was never sprinter speed, but he was built in a way that he was elusive. He could outrun a lot of guys and he was fast enough, and he was football fast enough. You've seen that on display. Not many guys in the league. Maybe Matthew Stafford. I'm just trying to think Allen perhaps throw a better deep ball than him. He's just playing at a high level right now. And it's an offense that fits him. They want to run the ball first, and they want to run the ball second, and then they want to take a shot down the field. And that's why they're doing it. Fits him like a glove. Now, is it sustainable. We'll see, because the next step in the process is wherever it ends for Pittsburgh this year, what do they do with Russ next year? The problem isn't with Russ on the field. A lot of times, the problem is when team Russ decides what they want to know what they want on the back end, and I will expect him to want big bucks again. Uh, and Pittsburgh sometimes won't play that game unless they feel like they've really found the quarterback. And but but you cannot deny the production right now. He looks like you know Russ from a few years ago.
Speaker 3: For sure, what's fifty kilometers an hour in miles? So how dare you put us on the spot there with the conversion?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 7: Is it sixty one hundred sixty miles an hours? One hundred is one hundred clicks? Isn't that right now?
Speaker 3: I'm asking you. You gotta don't ask guys. We're not that smart place on the spot.
Speaker 7: A little in my car, I got a little speedometer thing. So if I do ever, you know, if I'm allowed to cross the border ever again, then I can just kind of figure it out from there. All I know is all I know is I can I can pretty much figure out. My mom from from Saskatchewan taught us early that when you go to Celsia, so it's double the number and add thirty, yes, right for Celsius to Fairnight roughly within a few degrees, right, So you know, like today, let's see what is it for you guys there today? And uh and in the in the coup what is it up there?
Speaker 3: This is the low point of the show right here.
Speaker 7: No, it isn't.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do I'm gonna do.
Speaker 7: I'm doing radio and TV. Okay, right now, where I sit, it's thirty two degrees so right, so if I what would that be? That would be like two degrees right, one degree up there? Zero zero zero, Oh yeah, double the number A thirty Well yeah, rough one rough, it's roight one plus one is to add thirty donning, that's it's one degrees up there.
Speaker 3: Oh that's way too much for us.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: If we can't add that, get out of here.
Speaker 1: We're over time.
Speaker 7: I went to wazoo, man. I didn't take math about that. I counted in six packs.
Speaker 3: At least you went to college.
Speaker 7: Well, we'll call it that. I guess see boys.
Speaker 3: Thanks yan In for an s KGr sports radio a Seahawks. She mentioned the Kraken versus Carolina Tonight Seahawks in Arizona on Sunday. When I was a kid, okay, and they were converting Canada was converting from you in nineteen fifty miles too kilometers. This is this is stuck with me. There was a there was a PSA and ad on television and it was a jingle twenty gives you thirty, thirty gives you fifty fifty gives you eighty A commercial. Yeah, in kilometers and it's stuck with me to this day.
Speaker 1: Right, get that commercial.
Speaker 3: I want to hear it.
Speaker 1: Eight.
Speaker 3: Do you know how I said the low point was about forty five seconds ago? That was the low point. Just ah, all right, what's next? Whole question, we'll introduce it next, don and to only the team. Why don't you?
Speaker 1: The Maside Resort is a bootique luxury resort like no other. Nestled on the bluff above beautiful Parksville Beach, this beautiful ocean front property prides themselves on offering an uncompromising fusion up West Coast authenticity and bespoke luxury. Their guests have come to expect a truly personal experience where all senses are indulged. The setting is gorgeous, the memories last a lifetime. Whether you're looking for a panoramic ocean view or an on site fitness center, indoor outdoor pool, ocean front restaurant, loud high speed internet access, or the perfect place for your next corporate event, the base Side ocean Front Resort the perfect choice any time of the year. It's called two five zero, two four eight eight triple three and fuck your stay today.
Speaker 3: Paul question Waddling Dog poll question his one of Victoria's favorite pubs, The Dog where you could enjoy twenty taps, twenty screens. You're home for the Canucks in UFC. Come sit and stay at the Wattling Dog today. All right, here we go with the Waddling Dog pup poll question. Who as being the Canucks MVP on this road trip? Lancing and Hughes to Bruss Patterson?
Speaker 1: Forty seven percent say Lank and then a very good reason, but Hugh's not far behind a thirty five percent. Then come to Brusk and down to the bottom is Peterson.
Speaker 3: And I pushed to get Peterson on this poll. People know well, and so many people referring to eleas Petterson and our Delaney's okay, tiring Langley in box as eleven six. Now, I don't know who started that, but you have to stop it right now. Peterson has eight points on this road trip Nebrasco's seven.
Speaker 1: Goals, Nebrasco's red hot right now.
Speaker 3: And Quinn uses Quinn used, he's got nine points.
Speaker 1: By the way. The guy that I wanted on the poll and you guys shot me down was Connor Garland. I think in the Buffalo game.
Speaker 3: You didn't even bring it up. I brought up, brought a second, I said, Garland, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. We were talking about the poll question, and what did you do my first You went to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Okay, forget about that trip, yeah, I said Guarding. Minutes later he said sooner, Yeah, said Garland said sooner. Oh see, this is what happens before the show.
Speaker 3: He's not gonna win that all anyway.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Garland has been great. Nineteen twenty twenty one minutes and he had twenty three at Buffalo, scored the goal. He was great. He's fabulous and I love that guy.
Speaker 3: Man. You sounded like Don Cherry there. Hey, he's gonna there's a lot of candidates. You mentioned suit or two. He's Suitor's got nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nine. Garland's world.
Speaker 3: Over the course of the season, on the road trip.
Speaker 5: Not on the road doough, but over the road trip, he took the team lead until the Breath stole it away with the hattie.
Speaker 1: The hattie also called the hat trick.
Speaker 3: Where are we right now? What are we gonna do? Vancouver?
Speaker 1: What are we doing? Are we gonna do? Able? Auctions. You also got something.
Speaker 3: Just do some business. Then we'll talk about the wilds.
Speaker 1: You want me the golf? Yeah, really excited about this? All right?
Speaker 3: Look at this.
Speaker 1: Welcome to our newest podcast sponsor house, The Golf House. The Golf is the premier destination for indoor golf in the Lower Mainland. The facility is home to six golf simulators and offers hourly bookings to hone your game, entertained friends and family, or host clients in the perfect social setting. We need a graphic here, Yeah, we need cut running you know, want to look at my bald head?
Speaker 3: Look, come up, we will we will have it.
Speaker 1: How you have nothing ready? We we we we don't. They have a building. You can show the building or the logo they have they have what.
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 1: Just show it? Oh what a beautiful logo. How do you not love that? Okay, head to Hawes No, head the House of Golf for more information. That is h A U S of Golf dot c A. Oh look at that.
Speaker 3: Television one o one.
Speaker 1: I love those things where you can just walk away at those of the ball and get it golf too. Yeah, no, but it shows you how far the ball goes. It's it's just great. It's track Man technology.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and it's pronounced House of Golf, but it's yes, but h a u s.
Speaker 1: But House the golf. It's right by my place. In language, that's the low point, Rick Hare, It's not you're getting a deal. You're going there and getting I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'll talk to Jared's Eve can come by. You guys could too if you want.
Speaker 3: Jared is the contact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, Jared, good guy, Jared, Jared Hawes Jared Jared.
Speaker 5: No, no, I wonder if somebody's last name is somebody must have the last name of House right.
Speaker 3: House the house, Rick House running Hu Winnipeg, winnip Winnipeg h a u s. So you don't think anyone's got a last name house. Come on, he just told you there was a Winnipeg Blue Bomber running back name House Rick House, naties your era, that's right.
Speaker 1: I love the eighties.
Speaker 3: Ever, we'll get to Minnesota Vancouver in a second. Will by the time the show ends, we will get to it. But BM and Pentecton, Delaney's okay, tiring Langley in box. They have houses there. Donnie sixty five sixty six Roger took ten days in the middle of the season to reset, came back and took the Wings to the final, winning the con smythe this is uh. This is in his autobiography, Roger Krozer, Daredevil Goalie. I always uh, I remember, was a fan of Roger Krozer. I'm a left handed person. He's a left handed goalie much like much like Tony Esposido and Gregson Grant fear Frank Mahoblis did the same thing too, with the leafs and punching. Imlac was getting on him and I remember. So there there is, there is prece I said. There wasn't president for this, so there's not much of a book to be written on this. But there are players in the past who've done this sort of thing. Now, it hasn't happened in a long long time from what I know. From what I know, so connection Minnesota Cooks four and one going into the final game of the six game road trip, ten and two on the road, and we've definitely gone on and on about them, But what about the Minnesota Wild first overall, and it's legitimate. You look at their their their lineup. Caprisov is leading NHL in points. Gustason has amazing numbers in goal Like I said, first overall and deservedly and deservedly.
Speaker 1: So Yeah, and uh, the goaltender is the best goalie in the league.
Speaker 3: They filled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's playing tonight. By the way, Uh, Donny, they've allowed the fewest schools in the National Hockey League. Yeah, okay, Uh, there's a lot to love about this team. Uh, they've won three straight. Top team in the league, playing really well. The Canucks got a bit of a break tonight, Dawn metres out.
Speaker 3: Sure, but then look at who's out for the Canucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm just telling yourelas out. I'm not telling you why he's out, Donny.
Speaker 3: Telling you before he got hit in the groin area.
Speaker 1: He's got a ruptured testicle. He took a shot from Chris Faber.
Speaker 3: And I know you want to laugh about it. Chris Faber.
Speaker 1: I heard no, not Brock Favor, Brock Favor, Brock favorite. Anyways, I heard Brough and love Brough and Rough. You're hot, you are listen. It's Chris Favor is a Canucks on the IR he's listed with favor nor testicle. He took a shot. His cup got contented it was. It was just a bad situation all around.
Speaker 3: It's amazing that doesn't happen more. Speaking of J. T. Miller, was it against the Islanders?
Speaker 1: There was not a confirmation. We believe they had have skate to the bench. There was confirmation the way he skated he bent over, you know what. He took it right there, you know that.
Speaker 3: And then he came back.
Speaker 1: We all did and road hockey back in the day.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, nothing ruptured though. Yeah, it's a cold day. This is on a cold day. With that orange hockey ball, you take one in the that area, the groin area.
Speaker 1: Even the tennis ball done he had hurt, Like.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, yeah, I don't know what type of ball wouldn't hurt. Pingpong I guess wouldn't hurt. Right, he get one there, you're okay, Probably medicine ball. You've got a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it would be coming it. You're so slow, Like, how would you not get out of the way of that. There's some throws it at you.
Speaker 3: It's like, what was the purpose of the medicine ball?
Speaker 1: So workout?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess so, but it goes way back. Yeah, but what are you are you throwing it to somebody. The dodgeball. We played dodgeball in the school good movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't you work out like you can pass it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess so. I guess that was part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's for your upper body, on your core.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm playing soccer with it.
Speaker 1: Was tough, Yeah, exactly, anyway, all the best.
Speaker 3: I strained my knee ligaments. How I was playing soccer with the medicine ball.
Speaker 1: Chris Faber, nice shot.
Speaker 3: Chris Faber injured his testicle playing medicine ball with a friend of his. Okay, all right, we're moving on. Oh ab Auctions. They're proud. Today December seventh, Able Auctions will sell the lifetime work of a major Vancouver collector, medicine balls. Get a shot of a medicine balls just us shure us several jukes, jukeboxes, including a Seaberg one hundred select Omadic juke signed by Red Robinson and a classic rock hole jukebox in amazing condition. Also gas pumps, oilcan signage, and a lot more. And we'll throw it in a medicine ball. All but I want this, this guy looks too good. I want the old school guy with the medicine ball. Okay, apparently they're still around. That guy looks too good.
Speaker 1: Go to the eighties medicine ball. No, we're talking thirties and forties, black and white, right.
Speaker 3: Old school gym, We got that. For information on this major collectible auction, go to We're back with the gas pump probably. For information on this major collectible auction, go to able Auctions dot ca to get your collections sold an auction and turn into cash. Email sales at able Auctions dot Ca, sales at a b l E Auctions dot ca. A A break, a shot of an old school medicine ball and big ride the Twitter guy next and Dully the team on check.
Speaker 1: Our podcast is brought to you in part by birds Nest Properties, Lower Mainlands leader in rental property management for finding a tenant, to collecting rents and property maintenance. Birds Nest Properties delivers five star property management services with the reviews to prove it. Birds Nest Properties your Vancouver property managers who take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks at birds Nest Properties a call today six oh four two six to zero, double nine, double five, or visit Birdsnest Properties dot Ca.
Speaker 3: Big Rye the Twitter guy, Big.
Speaker 1: Grab the Twitter guys.
Speaker 5: Brought to you by Bird's Nest Properties, your Vancouver property managers who take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks at birds Nest Properties a call today six oh four two six zero ninety nine fifty five or visit birds Nest Properties ca.
Speaker 1: A first of all, on update to what we.
Speaker 5: Announced yesterday regarding the hat that is currently on my head, brand new sports page hats and two different colors are on our online store now. You can see both of them there gray addition on the right Navy edition which is the one I'm wearing on the left, So you can order them online. There's the link there. You can also get the link on our Twitter account as well as the check website. Our page on the check website as well if you want the online account.
Speaker 1: And we should mention I mentioned yet well.
Speaker 5: First of all, these hats were hotlight them according to Moreno yesterday when I checked in with them. But also with the Canada post strike, the merch orders are being careered out. But still if you have any interest at all before Christmas, orders sooner rather than later.
Speaker 1: You just get as much time as possible with everything.
Speaker 5: Going on, and hopefully this strike is over soon and we can kind of resume things. But for now, if you're gonna buy these for Christmas gifts, make sure you order sooner rather than later.
Speaker 1: So as a hot item, hot, very hot looking good. Okay, let's go to Calgary. Some news out of Calgary.
Speaker 5: Former Canuck news out of Calgary, that is Andre Kuzmenko scratched confow tonight. Pat Steinberg, who's been on this program before, tweeted out, andre Kuzmenko is indeed getting healthy scratched tonight versus Columbus. He's working late after an optional morning skate. Tyson Barry is also sitting. Not a former Cannuck, but connection to this part of the world. He's also gonna sit tonight for the Flames. But Kuzmenko sitting tonight for the Flames.
Speaker 1: One goal on.
Speaker 5: The season, I believe in twenty five games something like that. Twenty something games, one goal for Andre Kuzmenko. So it's just it's one of these things. And you know, we saw the success he had early on here in Vancouver, fell out of favor, got healthy, scratched for your Vancouver by Rick Talkett moves on to Calgary as part of the trade last year, was that then Lindholme for the Lindholm trade, right, yeah, yeah, part of Lindham trade. Now he's getting scratched for the first time this season by Ryan Huska in Calgary.
Speaker 3: It's amazing to fall from grace thirty nine goals and look what's happened to him now. And look, it looks like the Nils Hooglander situation is he's going to end up much the same way. Now. Maybe he goes somewhere else and ask success versus what Kuzmenko was going through. But initially with Calgary they thought he was God's gift on what a big steal, similar to the situation in Vancouver where initially you think you're thinking to yourself, man the Canucks because there was a bidding wharf from him and they did well by getting him. But Rick Talckett really makes mistakes.
Speaker 1: His contracts up. He's making five to five thanks courtesy to the Vancouver Canucks.
Speaker 3: Back to Russia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if he doesn't get going here, he's going to have a tough time because Husker's telling him exactly what Tackett told him. You're playing without the pucket. Isn't good? Not move your feet for check? Better boy? If he doesn't get going, he might have to go back because it's going to be a tough, tough Well, he's gon take a big salary cut. Yeah, of course, I mean the other why he's on pace for four goals. Yeah, you know, I mean that's not good if your a goal scorer.
Speaker 5: The interesting thing I remember last year when he got sent to Calgary and he had that kind of bump and everyone kind of went, yeah, okay, well look everyone.
Speaker 3: Fell in love with his personality, which is easy to.
Speaker 5: Do of course the charismatic, but also Calgary was out of the playoffs last year, right he gets sent there.
Speaker 1: It's kind of care free hockey in a lot of ways. Look at the Flames this year.
Speaker 5: The Flames were in a playoff spot at American Thanksgiving last Thursday. They've been a surprising story. I think they're playing a tighter game. Teams are You're playing different teams, are not taking you the same way they did at the end of last year. And look at because Meko was getting the same thing that happened in Vancouver. Game got tight. You had to you had to rely be more relied on for defense, much like in Vancouver.
Speaker 3: And now there's gon take his way too good. There's no way you're stealing that from somebody.
Speaker 5: No, I just thought about it as Rick was saying, because both you were saying, because I remember the love affair. When he went to CALGreen, it was like, look at this guy scored. He did score fourteen goals. Yes, he's scoring this.
Speaker 1: And they love them. They loved him personal.
Speaker 3: It's a great personality, like had all sorts of great response. When he went to Past Time Sports twice.
Speaker 1: There was a line up around the block. Yeah, big time. Speaking of the lineup around the block, you guys.
Speaker 3: See what wonder is that?
Speaker 1: Is that for Billie Eilish is tonight?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is that?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: That's not Taylor Swift? No, that's the general admission Taylor Swist.
Speaker 5: What do you mean there's a lineup where there's a general admission line outside Rogers Arena, which is already around the corner by the Team store, and her show is tonight at Yes, why up general admission? You want a good spot on the floor, you got to line up early. What what do you mean?
Speaker 3: What do you mean they're they're getting their tickets now then they go back home and come back.
Speaker 1: No, you line up your general admission, right, so Jen love that.
Speaker 3: That's old school.
Speaker 5: No, you have a ticket, you bought a ticket. You're not buying tickets. But if you haven't shot on the rights, did.
Speaker 3: Anybody have a chant?
Speaker 1: No? Well I didn't see any I don't think no.
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking like back in the day, and the old timers out there will remember at the box and by the way, people do remember that metrics song. I was talking one person. Well, no, there's two okay. But back in the day, conuct tickets would go on the sale for playoffs. The boys would be out there and girls out there at the coliseum outside. Derek remembers, yes, with the.
Speaker 5: We have a photo of a couple. This is them outside waiting for that. They are there.
Speaker 1: With the medicine ball. Yeah, this work in the lineup.
Speaker 3: This is what they did all they were trying.
Speaker 1: So that's something to do. That's the medicine ball that you like from back of the day.
Speaker 3: What if I liked it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But how heavy?
Speaker 3: Well you'd have to ask him.
Speaker 1: It depends on that. You could you could.
Speaker 3: Pick Yeah, you're fascinated by this.
Speaker 5: How you never worked out with the medicine ball ever, everybody did that.
Speaker 1: They're not all well he was.
Speaker 3: You know what now that I've looked at pictures, man, you know, we look through some images on Google. Yeah, okay, that's a good workout. But back in the day, they just kind of sat in the corner. Yeah, bit nobody did anything with you.
Speaker 1: No, Jim, Nobody touched him.
Speaker 3: Yeah you did when no one was around and you got expelled.
Speaker 1: Rick medicine a cosm hockey. I was the guy.
Speaker 3: We have a shot of that, don't we. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, this was said this. This was Rick early on working out with the medicine ball. No, that's not me. Thanks. Christ is serious. He's very serious, this guy ball.
Speaker 3: So do some twists.
Speaker 5: I found many more photos of medicine ball usage. We'll use throughout the remainder of the show.
Speaker 1: Plays commercial. I want to I can't find it. If somebody can find it, send it through. What was it again?
Speaker 3: Thirty thirty gives you fifty fifty eighty?
Speaker 1: So why were they playing this though?
Speaker 3: Because the Canada was converting.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I see, I see.
Speaker 3: So we were converting to metric, So that was wanted to get. It's weird the way it is right now. You can watch a Canadian Football League game one hundred yards and nobody says anything. Or even when you're doing a project around the house, it's still inches feet yards. Yeah, well, I know you've never done one.
Speaker 5: But you know what bugs me is the NHL heard the shot data and it will be a Canuck game here in Vancouver, and yet it's in miles.
Speaker 3: Well okay, so this is what I always wonder about that. I get it, but do you. I mean you're a lot younger.
Speaker 1: You know it's hard.
Speaker 5: I mean I I like, if somebody says one hundred miles an hour, I go, wow, that's really all. Yeah yeah yeah, but it's just it should be kilometers because it should be it's a Canuck game in Vancouver.
Speaker 1: But I mean, but I.
Speaker 3: Find even to this day, even though I went through the conversion, not that conversion, but the conversion to metric, Yeah, I still think in terms of miles an hour interesting And yet on the road, remember I was talking about the low point. We've had about ten of them coming up next to us.
Speaker 5: Director of Scouting Craig Button joins you guys, as he does on every Tuesday.
Speaker 1: It's Donnie Dolly the team on Check.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, it's Donnie and Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 1: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast and on social media.
Speaker 3: We'd love to get involved with your company. Called two five ozho eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at Checkmedia dot CA.
Speaker 1: House of Golf is the premier destination for indoor golf in the Lower Mainland. Elegantly designed and powered by industry leading track Man technology, the facility is home to six golf simulators and offers hourly bookings to hone your game, entertain friends and family, or host clients in the perfect social setting.
Speaker 3: Give the gift of golf this Christmas with a ten percent bonus on gift cards over one hundred dollars and at twenty percent bonus on all cards over two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Head to the House a Golf dots for more information. That is h A U S Golf dot Ca a.
Speaker 3: Tuesday and all of our guests today, including Craig Button, standing by, brought to you by Pastime Sports and Games, boring them later, but joined now by TSN Scotting director Craig Button. Craig, thanks for doing this, sir. How are you?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm doing good. What was your pastime, Donnie? What what pastime did you have?
Speaker 3: Pastime? I'm still looking for one. I've played a lot of sports as a kid. There's that lacrosse. I played a lot of lacrosse hockey certainly, how about you?
Speaker 8: Uh, you know what, I loved flag football like I love playing it, and I wish you know, I know I played tickleball and paddle and all those things now, but I wish I could get into a pickup flag football league.
Speaker 1: You sure not that I am.
Speaker 2: I'd beat a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I played flag as well. Had a whole lot of fun doing that. And Craig, we of course remember you know one part of your pickleball career and you show you showed up with a black eye on that one day about a year or two ago.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I did. It was it was right at the beginning of the well whatever twenty one, I believe it was. But yeah, I fell, I fell, I fell and my sunglasses cut me. So it wasn't a pickleball accident per se. It happened while playing pickleball. But I turned, I fell, And it's a good thing I had my scheme in place, in my scheme mentality, because once I realized I was going down, stop, drop and roll. Don't put out your wrists because you could snap a wrist. So the face took the brunt of it, which is less valuable than my wrists in my hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those sunglasses move fast, Craig, you got to watch out for them. All right, there's some advice for your skiing. Is not a bad last time. Hey, Cannucs at Minieluva too, It's fabulous. If my knees were better, I could do it more. Cannucks at Minnesota tonight. Uh the wild just for regulation losses in twenty four games on top of the overall standings. What are the keys to their success?
Speaker 8: Number one, Philip Gustison. I think that he's been He's been tremendous in the net for the Minnesota wallet. Connor Hellibuck and Gustuson just seemed to be the top two goaltenders right now, not seen to be. They've played the best in the NHL. In my view, like you know, start start to this point in time, their defensive player is really good. If you haven't watched Brought Favor play, this young guy is a stud on the blue line, and they signed them to a long term contract. Here's here's the thing that I think people should be paying attention to when it comes to the Minnesota Wild. They bought out Ryan Soter and Zach Peeze a couple of years ago and they're still in the throes of that cap hit next year. It's on and they got lots of really good young players and they're gonna be a team that's going to be that can be really aggressive and free agency this summer to presoft. You know, he's right in the MVP conversation. They are a team that is not only up there in the standings, they have more lift in their sales, so to speak. And I think this is a team and Billy Garren's aggressive. He just traded for David Yirchev. This is a team that I would say watch out. They're moving into Stanley Cup contending. I'm not just talking about this coming year or this current year. I'm talking about in the years to come.
Speaker 3: What is you mentioned him, David Yurachek going to do for the Wild.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know if he's going to do it right away. He might just need a little bit of more kind of getting his game in order, knowing how John Hines wants to utilize them. David's a really good solid player. I always thought he could be like Adam Morrison, that type of a big, strong second pair right show. I don't think he's going to be a big offensive player. You know, a lot of players, we see it happen again and again and again and again. You know, they end up in a spot and they might not be ready to contribute to the team. The team and you know gets to points of oh my lord, we need him a little bit quicker than he's ready. The players he's ready, he's not getting a chance. And you get these types of trades, you get these types of departures. I think the departure of David Yeerchuck leaving Columbus is a real boom for the Minnesota while I think that he'll be just a really solid second pair of right shot defense.
Speaker 1: Hey Craig, the Canucks a really bad injury Philip Baronic, He's going to be out a while. You know, J T. Miller still out, dem Goo still out. On the trade front. If you're the Canucks, you can make a panic trade, Craig, or you can still be patient. What would you do right now with the Canucks because they are making calls?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, I mean you're gonna make calls.
Speaker 3: I mean you want to.
Speaker 8: You watch your team battle, you watch your team compete, and the Canucks have played well and certainly found a way to win some games. But you know, and Patrick Delvin and Rick talking know that you know, the more you stretch that that that rubber band, you know, the more chance it could snap on you. So you're trying to find those reinforcements. There is no need for the Vancouver Canucks to do anything panicky. It's not like they're well blow of five hundred. They're in a good spot right now. They know what the situations are. But if they can find some reinforcements and listen, you're not replacing JT. Miller, You're not replacing thatcher denco or you're not replacing volgarone. But what you want to do is get some players. It can just take some meaningful minutes and contribute, not so much that that you're expecting lots. You're just trying to ease the bird on the rest of your players, and I think that that's probably where the calls are being made. But there's no need to do anything panicky right here because the Canucks are not in the bats, not on a bad twice.
Speaker 1: Craig. Last year we were raving about Hoglander, including you twenty four goals. The kid's got two goals this year. He is stapled on the fourth line, not getting a lot of ice time. His name's now out there for trade rumors. Are you surprised? And they just signed him Craig weeks ago to three times three and weeks later he's on the market and it's just gone downhill for the poor kid.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, like I think, Rick and Donnie, we've talked about this for a lot of years.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: I really like Nills Oldlander. I like his energy, I like his spirit. I think he's a really strong skater that can be disruptive. I think last year was an aberration in terms of the goals. I never thought he was going to be a big time goal scorer. But I think that, you know, I think Ritt talking as tall, I don't think I always talked about this with Nils. It says like, know what your game is. If Nils is going to start with a skill mindset, he's going to struggle. If he starts with that will and that catalyst and that destructive mindset, the skill will follow. And I think he can contribute to offense, maybe not himself, but in the way he plays the game. I think Nils has gotten away from his game and I think that, you know, as a young player, and he shouldn't be there in my view, because he just got the long term contract and he's paid well, just won't plan and do what you're doing help the team. To me, he's got to reverse that, get out of the skill mindset and get back to the will mindset. I think the goals will come, and I think the happiness with the coaching staff with him will also arrive as well.
Speaker 3: Craig before you that you go quickly if you don't mind, But I've been watching you and Mike Johnson doing your roster projections for the four Nations Team Canada. Is Connor Bernard going to be on Team Canada?
Speaker 8: I don't think so. I'll be straightforward with you. I don't think he deserves to be on Team Canada. His play hasn't warrant him being on Team Canad. Listen, he was under consideration, as he should have been. But basically this is not about, oh, get him ready for the Olympics. This is about a tournament the four nations faced off that Canada is trying to win, and quite frankly, Connor Bandard isn't ready to help them win.
Speaker 3: Craig, thanks so much for this. We appreciate that. To get back on the pickle a pickleball court sooner? Can you do that in Calgary these days? I don't even know indoors indoors.
Speaker 8: We got two feet of snow here, so there's no right now done?
Speaker 3: All right? All right, well go to it. Watch out for those sunglasses. Thanks for this, Craig, appreciate it. Thank you, guys, Craig button TSN scouting director. I guess they would have endured pickle ball courts socially. How much pick a ball snow?
Speaker 1: Donnie? Yeah, goodness.
Speaker 3: Five goals in twenty five games for Connor Bandard, fourteen assists, nineteen points in Toronto last night, and you hear a lot of the reporters out of Toronto and they said zeros across the board for him, he wasn't noticeable, you know, and you know a lot of it has to do with things sophomoreging wise, being he's very frustrated there. Yep, yep. He's used a whole lot of success and it's not there with the black Hawks right now. Okay, we'll take a break. Update the poll question next, Donnion tell you the team on check Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 2: The team is supported by able Auctions dot Ca. Closing your business we can help.
Speaker 3: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 1: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, Please email sales at able auctions dot Ca.
Speaker 1: That's sale at a b l E Auctions dot Ca.
Speaker 3: Man, you were in such an arguing mood today, like with you.
Speaker 1: Cranky, Rick and I are veterans.
Speaker 3: You have to listen to the things that we say. Ryan, we pot produced waddling up North, Wattling Dog pole question. Visit one of Victoria's favorite pubs, The Dog, where you can enjoy twenty taps, twenty screens. You're home for the Canucks in UFC. Come sit and stay with the medicine ball at the Dog today.
Speaker 1: Right, get her up the waddling Dog pop pole question. Who has been the Canucks MVP on this road trip? Lancoln And Hughes, Debraska, Patterson No surprise, lancoln And leading at forty seven percent and the six hundred and ninety four votes, and what won't go ahead?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: I Ryan started laughing, So lancoln And leading, no surprise? Why are you laughing?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Well? Can you What do you want me to do?
Speaker 1: I told you and leading, Hughes next to thirty five, Then Nebraska and your buddy is dead last.
Speaker 3: I fought for to be on this poll. You didn't want him to be on it.
Speaker 1: Your buddy is dead last, dead last?
Speaker 3: Okay, eight points in the road trip, he's been great.
Speaker 1: And we didn't mention this Lancanning, which obviously should get the start time. Donnie Dempko didn't play on the trip, and there was number A report two weeks ago minute close. He didn't play on the trip, and simply because the Canucks played four games and six nights, he got no practice time, he got no shots, and he's not ready. He needs more practice somewhere on this homestand you should see thatcher.
Speaker 3: Dem weren't weren't you hearing about Columbus on Friday?
Speaker 1: Columbus somewhere on the homestand I heard.
Speaker 3: But Columbus Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a six game of homestead if it's not Columbus, five other.
Speaker 3: Gamesa Tampa Sunday.
Speaker 1: But he simply can't get enough practice time and enough shots, so he's not ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then there's the thought that that, yeah.
Speaker 1: This is what Depko needs to fix the tight what's it called populatias popolotius he needs?
Speaker 3: Don't take that guy's working on a populatias.
Speaker 1: Where is this guy? I can't see as populatias.
Speaker 3: It's wow under the knee, right, I don't think you're supposed to. Yeah, right, get gay to this guy if it's right under the knee, popular guy. Okay, populatius guy? Now, where are we? Where are we? What are you doing here? Okay? I know what we're doing before we talk more about the Canucks. BC Lions have trimmed down their head coaching possibilities, Rick, what are you hearing?
Speaker 1: So they did face to face meetings yesterday, Donnie, Mike benavidees are our good friend, Mike good pal, my good friend, Mike Benavides, And.
Speaker 3: You're a good friend. You saw him one day in subway. I'm a subway in a tank top.
Speaker 1: I didn't recognize him, No, because and.
Speaker 3: You were you were fascinated by his bicep.
Speaker 1: How about if you how much, if you've known a guy all your life and you see him in a tank top, are you gonna recognize him right away? No? I had to do a double.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 1: Ryan, cut out the meetings documents and balls.
Speaker 3: Cut out the medicine balls from subway?
Speaker 1: Ryan, you wanted the lines update and now you keep showing us medicine balls?
Speaker 3: And what was why was the medicine ball? There problem with the glutes?
Speaker 1: Okay? Can I tell the Lions you guys cut me off? Uh? My buddy, Mike Benavidi's and Buck Pierce got interviews yesterday face to face. Uh So, look, I think we should get a Lion's decision here on one of those two guys soon.
Speaker 3: Jordan mcsimmick, while rumors are defensive coordinator for the one. He's going to go to Edmonton, right, So Mark Killum is the new head coach there. Mark kill time to Rick Campbell going there.
Speaker 1: They took the flavor of the month Mark Killam in a respect for Mark Killum. Yeah, and he was in the Lions final four to two. Mark Killim so but anyways better.
Speaker 3: He's the longest serving assistant coach in the CFL. He's been Calgary for two decades.
Speaker 1: He was the flavor of the month. Everyone wanted to talk to him. Look it's down at Benavide's a weaker of the month, the flavor of the month. Don you have never heard that phrase before? My goodness? Anyways, Buck Pierce, Mike Benavidi's Line's gonna pick one of the two.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, go Mike Mike good pile the by. I'm not going to root for him.
Speaker 3: Cannocks at Minnesota tonight, ending the six game road trip there, four and one so far, just to see Minnesota on top of the overall standings, and they are. They've played fewer games than Winnipeg, same amount of points. But I have you been to Minnesota to see a game Excell Energy Center whatever they call it these days, it is. It is a great atmosphere there. Obviously great hockey fans there. They've produced so many outstanding hockey players. Here's one of them.
Speaker 1: Here's a former Minnesota north Star in nineteen eighty two. Oh it's Greig Hartsburg.
Speaker 3: Bobby Smith.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but Diino system.
Speaker 3: But they've been around since two thousand and you know they've won. And look, I don't have to, you know, talk about disappointment and you know, underachieving to Vancouver hockey fans, but just play four playoff series wins since two thys thirteen series losses them in the playoffs a whole lot. They missed the playoffs last year. Boy said, you look at the top four or top five of the NHL standings. You know, New Jersey's up there. They missed the playoffs last year. Minnesota missed the playoffs last year.
Speaker 1: I didn't see this.
Speaker 3: Carolina's up there, not that they missed the playoffs, But what I was going to say is that one of those playoff series wins, unfortunately for Vancouver Canuck fans, was a really, really frustrating year for them. Two thousand and three. Yes, and the Canucks, I thought the way was paid for them. This is the three one West Coast Express, Marcus Nasland, Mark Crawford era. They were up three to one in that series second round against the minneso A, while Minnesota comes back with Cliff Ronning strangely enough in their lineup, forces a game seven in Vancouver. The Canucks have a two nothing lead at home in Game seven, but they end up losing that game and Minnesota goes on to play Anaheim. Anaheim wins that series and it loses to Jersey in the Stanley Cup Final. But I just like you looked at that and you thought the way was paved, right, would they have beat Anaheim? I'm not so sure. Jays Shage was outstanding, but that was that was really frustrating. They had it at the very least, and those guys Will Bertuzzi NASA will tell you they should have at the very least got to the Western Conference Final.
Speaker 1: What was that the game at seven where Naslyn took the microphone at center and said, we blew it. No, okay, that wasn't that okay? No, or good memories though he said something about we uh yeah.
Speaker 3: We choked.
Speaker 1: That was a game.
Speaker 3: That was a game against the Kinks.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kings. Yeah, oh it was the end of the regular season.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, right, but trip down memory lane with rig Tullywall Okay, so Canucks and Minnesota tonight in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: What else he got anything?
Speaker 1: Uh No, that's it and uh they got a good zu Cerela's not playing a rupture text testicle, rupture testicle. Brock favor this kid, watch him tonight, Donny one of the best young defensemen in the National Hockey Lea.
Speaker 3: I know what I was going to say here, Okay, uh the situation, Craig touched on it here when it comes to Zach Paris and Rylan Soon. Yeah, the Minnesota is doing this with all sorts of dead money. What is it? Sixteen fourteen million dollars and as far as next season goes, it's reduced. Craig said, it's completely gone. It's not completely eight but eight hundred grand each. Ryan Suitor has also been bought out with the Dallas Stars. Got two biots going and he's playing for the Saint Louis Blues another contract there. He's my idol.
Speaker 1: He's got money coming from three there were teams, three different teams. You know, the Canucks are gonna really gonna have a headache next year, Donnie. The Oel money goes over four million. But can you imagine Minnesota fourteen million in dead money this year and they're number one of the NFL.
Speaker 3: Well, there's inspiration for the Canucks. We that the wild can be where they are, and yet they've got all that dead money. I mean, in the in the moment that those contracts were signed, everybody went.
Speaker 1: Three million each. It was ridiculous. And Canucks are gonna have close to five million on dead money next year. They're gonna have to find a way to move and maneuver around that.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. Look at this. Looking for a gift for a sports fan, how about an addition to your man cave pastime sports the place to visit the next pastime Sports in store signing Saturday, Langley conduct Forward keep for Surewood will be in attendance December fifteenth, and Neils Hoglander he'll be at Caplana Mall February six Kaduck Legend Trevor Lindon he's gonna be there. Wo wow, that's gonna be at the Langley store. He had the Pastimes had the past Time Sports on Facebook or Rex or visit Pastime Sports DOTSI a laptop.
Speaker 5: So I know you guys are gonna say that I forgot, but I didn't because you can't know. Ken told me featured item he'd like it up there for a couple of So it's the I showed you yesterday again. If you want a Christmas gift, they've got these really cool card puck combo.
Speaker 1: Plaques at Pastime Sports.
Speaker 5: This one we're showing today is the Carnival gard one featuring his upper deck National Hockey card, Dave Rookie card from last season, and a Blackhawks puck alongside. But like I said, there's plenty. There's cannocks versions, lots of different teams, so check them out of Pastimes stops great item, good yeah, DTMG NEX Donnie tell you the team on.
Speaker 1: Check score Big with Surrey Mitsubishi, your local family owned dealership.
Speaker 3: The November Shootout is here and the Savings are hitting harder than a slapshot match a big ride.
Speaker 1: When you buy the last of the twenty twenty four Outlander pgvs and get pricing so good they can only tell you in person.
Speaker 10: But hold on to your stick Dolliwalp because for our listeners, Surrey Mitsubishi will give you a whopping three thousand dollars over market value for your trade when you purchase any new Mitsubishi only in November.
Speaker 1: Visit them online as Surrey Mitsubishi Dots or in store at thirteen eight twenty one oh fourth Avenue in Surrey for the November shootout while supplies last. It's eleven thirty on a Tuesday morning. Donnian Dahlia on check TV. Now time for DTMZ, brought to you by the world famous Whistler Golf Club. Go see big l out there. Great track, Great Track.
Speaker 3: DTMZ brought to you by the Arnold Palmer designed Whistler Golf Club. Keep your game Sharpness Glinner with the sim their state of the art golf simulator, hence the name SAM. Play the world's best courses or work on your game with track Man Technology, book your simulator, play or practice at Whistlergolf dot com. I wanna talk to Taylor Swift here. What do you think nobody else is? Man? It's just just out of control, I will say, this. It's It's a phenomenon. It really is. I'm not necessarily saying, oh I'm not I'm not a fan of her music at all. I watched the Eras tour video.
Speaker 1: I still can't believe you did that.
Speaker 3: I was bored. You know what. I can't say, well, I didn't watch at all. It was just it was boring. But apparently I'm not the target audience. I get that, But I mean, have we seen a phenomenon like this. You can say what you want about you know, big bands of you two or Michael Jackson or whatever. This is. This is like the Elvis and the Beatles. It is, it is, it's the whole posters all over town. Just amazing the money she generates.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, friendslink on veil.
Speaker 5: All these extra services they're doing on the weekend special Saturday West Coast Express.
Speaker 1: I think it's just Saturday. It might be two, might be Surday Sunday.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and and ticket parking prices rather one hundred.
Speaker 1: And fifty Yeah, okay, we get this in the box. Where is that? I didn't see that. Where is that one hundred and fifty bucks to park? Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I ask how much we pay every day when we go to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 3: I have to talk to mister check about that. But yeah, I just there's one story out there, and saying that at least one story one hundred and fifty bucks to park, that's before you enter the stadium. Yeah, well, if you pay the one to fifty for parking, you don't get into the building.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, how ridiculous. Oh, you paid for parking, you can go in. How do you I need proof on that?
Speaker 3: Also, no tailgating, you call it taygating, t a y l gating every other city across How are you going to stop the tailgating because the city is they're not allowed to in this city. It's your buddy, Ken sim.
Speaker 1: It's your mayor buddy there.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's going to bring in Taylor Swift an estimated economic impact of one hundred and fifty seven million dollars to Vancouver this week final three concert dates of her eras tour. It's a record breaking tour. This is according to Destination Destination Vancouver. The tourism bodies said it forecasted. Its forecast included ninety seven shmell in direct spending on items including accommodation, food and transport. Does that seem low to you? One hundred and fifty seven million across the weekend? Yeah? Or I guess you look at it and people here early, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well the Great Cup? What did the Great Cup do the I'm not sure. Yeah, they did a really good number two.
Speaker 3: They did, but it was one hundred and fifty seven. It's just it's just amazing. Three nights BC Place, all the posters around town BC Place. You know, they've eliminated the White Caps and lines posters.
Speaker 1: At least I saw that this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Taylor's with posters over top of them. They will be removed.
Speaker 5: They see one hundred and twenty five million for the Great Cup Festival the long, right, versus this, I'm not I'm taking the under on that. I'm taking the over on one fifty too, because you're right, that seems low.
Speaker 1: So you're saying the Great Cup didn't you didn't one hundred and twenty five million, Well that's with everything, Uh, Ryan, that's a whole week hotels. Yeah, no, I know, I know, Yeah, that's what the Great Cups do. It's a week long festival.
Speaker 3: Didn't get the birthdays here, so bottom line, Taylor Swift, despite the fact that I didn't like the Eras movie, you.
Speaker 1: Guys should wear the Oh I forced you to watch it. You guys should wear the bracelets on Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll get on that.
Speaker 1: You know there's beaded bracelets. Yeah, I guess I know them BFFs or whatever you want to play.
Speaker 3: I think she's like, Okay, the Beatles and Elvis have lasted forever. Do you think that'll be the case with her?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, because her music hits a No, I'm not the demo.
Speaker 3: I'm tweeting like I think Elvis and the Beatles hit a lot of them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I still do Elvis. Yeah, still to this day. I still love Elvis. I still love Elvis.
Speaker 5: But Ian Donny, you're gonna see You're gonna see everyone over the weekend, And Taylor Swift, No, you're.
Speaker 1: Not everyone you see? Are you going?
Speaker 3: No? See you?
Speaker 11: You know you're not going. It's for young girls, is it not exactly? I mean, yeah, I guess, but that's it. I mean, you see dad, dad and their daughter or something.
Speaker 1: But that does Yeah, Okay, Dad's going because of the daughter. The daughters didn't Trudeau go to one of the one of them in Toronto, Toronto.
Speaker 3: He's dancing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was doing the bracelet thing.
Speaker 5: I just love the fact that she chose Vancouver to end instead of Toronto.
Speaker 3: Like we want geographically and makes take a look at a map.
Speaker 1: Yeah, soul, she lives in New York.
Speaker 5: It's that doesn't make She should have ended in Toronto then and then gone home to New York.
Speaker 1: That's your wine. That is in Toronto. We won up Toronto for once. That's I'll give it to you.
Speaker 3: I'll give it to you. Let me get to birthdays here? Do we get any artwork for this? Many chances?
Speaker 1: Not that I saw. Where's Pete and Calgary or Mario and Richmond?
Speaker 3: December third? Seven birthdays? We have five seven birthdays. The line is set at five by Slappies Tambourine Warehouse and Casino in Botwood, Newfoundland. And you know, we joke around with the name Slappy, but he has played the tambourine so much Old Slappy there that he's got carpl tunnel syndrome. So all the best is Slappies Slappy. Here we go, Rock and roll, Russian Center, Hold on, here we go. Wait, do you got a Taylor swift song cute No Russian Center, taken in the eleventh round two hundred and fourteenth overall by the Canucks. In nineteen eighty five, joined the Canacks along with fellow Russian Vladimir Krutov for the online Yes Egra l ariana Black Sabbath lead singer, Rick, that's not my cup of tea, It is your cup of tea.
Speaker 1: Black Sabbath.
Speaker 3: His wife's name is Sharon Double. He didn't know he was Black Sabbath singer. No, not a Black Sabbath gay actor.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, you are.
Speaker 3: You just don't know it. You know there's they're.
Speaker 1: Too hard for him, think about it?
Speaker 3: No, he he would like that.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: The red pickup listening the eyes without a face of whatever the hell?
Speaker 3: What bill I okay? I listened to Billie Idol.
Speaker 1: He Rebel Yell is my favorite album.
Speaker 3: Actor born in Indiana to Canadian parents. One of best actor Oscar for his work in The Whale Oh also starting the Mummy trilogy.
Speaker 1: Initials hold on b F. Brendan something I've never seen him. Mummy episode of a movie. He was the Mummy guy in Mummy. Mummy Guy. He wouldn't even what about Halloween? Yeah, and I remember the money those movies. Apparently he's a good actor, that good movies.
Speaker 3: But I never saw Oscar winning red headed actress actress, Rather Julian Roberts. Julia rod is not a redhead.
Speaker 1: She's not She's not a redhead? Are you sure? Why would you let him finish?
Speaker 3: When I say when I hear redhead an actress or comedian, the first person I think of is Lucille Ball.
Speaker 1: Oh Lucy, I love Lucy, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Nine hundred years old. Was Oscar winning redheaded actress born in North Carolina? Julia Roberts.
Speaker 1: Dude, she is a that's Roberts, that redhead? Whatever? Mat Yeah, but she did that for a movie. That's it. No, like most of her photos, he's not a natural.
Speaker 3: Help me out here. What do you think, Juliet.
Speaker 1: Roberts, She's not a redhead?
Speaker 3: Not not at a brunette.
Speaker 1: That's for a movie or not?
Speaker 3: I don't know more.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyway, go on, it doesn't matter. It's not a birthday.
Speaker 3: Play the music. Do you have a shot at her with a medicine? Ball Oscar winning redheaded actress born in North Carolina and Ralph moulf Too, Happy Days, Redhead, made porn Star, Amber Waves and Boogie Knights.
Speaker 1: Oh I know this she she was in Squamish a few years ago. Oh she's good, really good actor. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: American actress played the mermaid Madison in the movie Splash. Married to Neil Young. She had a boy man's first.
Speaker 1: Tara Hannah, also known as Han No. I was in the neighborhood, Derek, the neighbor Han I I knew her, I knew it was.
Speaker 3: At German figure Skater had a lunch with somebody we know. Women's singles gold medalist at the eighty four and eighty eight Hinter Olympics, moch He.
Speaker 1: Only brought it up once a week.
Speaker 3: Comedi no, no, get me a w Caterina wit yea caterina wit Mojes had lunch with there ones. Yeah, America. Everything was the high point of Moji's man the opposite for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: American entrepreneur, co founder of Napster, first president of Facebook, portrayed by Justin Timberlake in the Social network.
Speaker 1: Sean Palmer, No, Sean, what's it?
Speaker 3: There's this street in Burnaby, sp Derek. I can't believe you don't know this Curtis turns into Parker.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 3: Yes, there you go, Sean Parker, John Parker. That's like the worst clue I could have given. Yeah, have to be a heavy duty burn because it was one of those movies. And I feel the same way about about Moneyball that I'm like, how are they gonna make a movie out of this? And it was just tremendous to twists.
Speaker 1: The twinkle loss twins or whatever the hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they ended up laughing. They had a case though. No, there weren't a lot of good people in that.
Speaker 1: No, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a good point. Ozzy Osbourne and is it just me is coming up seventy six years old. He's gonna play us out August nineteen seventy and the album with the same name, This is Ozzy and Black Sabbath and Parada. You know this rack? Oh I checked playing songs that hit number one in Denmark and Germany on a BZ Tuesday morning. Is it just men? Don't miss a second of Vancouver Giants hockey at the LAC this season.
Speaker 1: Watched the electrifying play of twenty twenty five draft eligible Cameron Schmid as he tears up the ice alongside NHL draft picks Connor Levis, Tyler Thorpe and Colton Roberts.
Speaker 3: Season tickets are on sale for his low As seventeen dollars a game, or grab a flexpack available in six or twelve game packages for his low As twenty two bucks a game.
Speaker 1: Head to Vancouver Giants dot com slouse season tickets and don't miss out. House of Golf is the premier destination for indoor golf in the Lower Mainland. Elegantly designed and powered by industry leading track Man technology, the facility is home to six golf simulators and offers hourly bookings to hone your game, entertain friends and family, or host clients in the perfect social setting.
Speaker 3: Get the gift of golf this Christmas with a ten percent bonus on gift cards over one hundred dollars and at twenty percent bonus on all cards over two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Head the House of Golf dot Ca for more information. That is Haus of Golf dot CAA.
Speaker 3: Is It Just Me? Also brought to you by Slappy St. Tambourine Warehouse and Casino in Botwood, Newfoundland. Go rick all right?
Speaker 1: Is It Just me hear to the Ridge Meadows Flames deserve a shutout for snapping the Chiliwack Jets twenty four game winning streak over the weekend in Chiliac. That's Austin and Alberta. Why is a guy in Alberta telling us about a game and he's got a kid playing, He's got a kid on the team. I know guys on both those teams. Good guys, Darryl Tumbert, Derek bnard on, Good guys on Ridge Meadows. Way to go there, guys.
Speaker 3: Is it just me Dave and Cedar? Is it just me that believes Mike Benavitez uses a medicine ball for his daily biceps routine? Do you ever get his secret? Rick? He just works out a lot of curls.
Speaker 1: Huh. I just it was summertime. I didn't expect to see him in a tank top, big pipes, big pipes. Is it just me? I'm gonna speculate eleven six out of hissy fit and cry. Alvin the GT was hard on him, starting to hate the Canucks and all the bs that seems to follow them. Three put chain. We're seeing a lot of Peterson heye today about the Miller situation. I don't think the Peterson has anything to do down with what's happening with Miller. I don't get that, ye know, things between him and Yeah, it's between him and the team.
Speaker 3: The team, Yeah, more the coaches and management again respeculating, Yeah, Ryan in Parksville. Is it just me or the Wilds climb up the standings makes Besser signing in Minnesota the so offseason that much more likely you think about it. Ye, what did we talk about earlier that a lot of money is going to be freed up with Suitor, with those big contracts, those buyouts out of the way for the most part, Suitor and preseason buyouts out of the way. Besser will be a UFA Ryan in Parksville. Putting two and two together. And you know, those best of Minnesota rumors have always been out there. That's where he's from, right.
Speaker 1: And when Besser's agent had permission to talk to teams about a trade eighteen months ago, Minnesota was in there. Bill Garon loves best Bill Garan. You don't think Bill Garan tried to get Bester when he was available. Sure he did, but he had cap issues. Sure, that's why he couldn't get him on the roster. If brock Besser becomes a UFA July first, you can bet signing in his hometown probably the number one on.
Speaker 3: His list connections in Minnesota tonight, and what the wild are doing is all that more exceptional given the situation they've gotten with their cap and all that dead money. Maybe inspiration for the Caducks going next year when Oel's buyout hurts a little bit more. Fireman Mike, is it just me? Or is Dolly extra ornery today? He forgot to shave as well. He needs his fuzzy socks and blanket. He been in a feisty moute today.
Speaker 1: I'm not as feisty as Ryan. Ryan has been fighting since the moment he got here eight o'clock. Are you kidding me? I've been a happy I'm in a gay mood. I'm in a happy mood as the taxi driver over here in Victoria. Yeah, I heard on the news this morning that Uber is tripling their fares for Tamar Swift, a clear example of what a ripoff is Big Jewels of Vegas. Here in Victoria. How many people are going to try to make an extra buck with her in town don just everyone. So we talked about the parking hotels are going to be just oh oh, Ryan, you're.
Speaker 3: Saying you heard one story about the one hundred and fifty million dollars parking cost one.
Speaker 1: Hundred and fifty fifty million to park.
Speaker 3: I think that's what she's going to make here.
Speaker 1: Is that on the moon.
Speaker 3: But one hundred and fifty dollars to park? But that surprise you? I don't think it would surprise anybody. No, given what they're charging of. What's you know, we've just heard about the uber drivers, but they're charging for everything else? Yeah, they being the general they what else?
Speaker 1: Is it just me? Or should the Canucks be kicking themselves? Seeing Dante fabreau play first pair of minutes and Columbus along, Yeah, Zach Wrensky fabre the kid from the Burnaby coquit who went to the Brinaby Winter Club. Three goals, six points, nine games in Columbus. Thank you Sandy and Nova Scotia for pointing out how great Dante Fabreu has played in Columbus since he got picked up on WA and good for him? Is it? Nice cap a great kid?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a nice family, Dwight, Is it just me. But I think of Carol Burnett when I think of red haired comedians or actresses.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ryan's first thought was Julia Robert.
Speaker 1: Julia Roberts, well, yours you were bang on and Lucio Ball, Well, if you're nine hundred years old, Lucy, I love Lucy. Show was a must, Donnie. We watched it all the time. It was a beauty. You don't like that, you don't. You don't think much of Lucy Ball, which makes me mad, But she was great.
Speaker 3: It makes you mad.
Speaker 1: I didn't think she was that funny. She was just she's one of these It was a great show.
Speaker 3: Dot. We've hit a lot of low points. Yeah, yeah, absolutely. Desier Senior doesn't like Lucille Ball because I thought she was one of these comedians back in the day that was just loud, just just loud.
Speaker 1: She was wonderful, beautiful, beautiful Lucio Ball.
Speaker 3: Let's take your break. We'll finish off the show and the poll question next, Donnie Dolly the team on check. The Wabbling Dog Pub has been owned and operated locally since nineteen ninety one and has since built its reputation as one of Victoria's favorite watering holes, with twenty TVs, twenty local and domestic taps, and over two hundred seats. The Waddling Dog has something for everyone, including every Canucks game, UFC pay per views, and an unbeatable daily happy hour from four to six. The Dog is your one stop shop, with its attached cold beer and wine store offering up hundreds of local and important products, as well as an extensive inventory of Donnie and Dolly merchandise. Their award winning hotel offers dog friendly hotel rooms that are appointed with antique style furnishings and modern amenities, and only ten minutes from the airport and fair terminal, there are countless reasons to come, sit and stay at The Waddling Dog.
Speaker 1: Doug Paul, Rick, Ryan op Waddling Dog pop pull question. Who's being the Canucks MVP on this road trip? Lincoln? And obviously he's going to lead this. He's ten, as obvious, but Donnie's ten and oero on the road in the playoffs. It's to an NHL history.
Speaker 3: Ram that this is on this particular trip. He's four and oh and he's got a shut out of this.
Speaker 1: Even in a lot of these games, the Canacks on the average nineteen twenty twenty in Buffalo the ro outshot thirty three to twenty two. I think he was great, really good.
Speaker 3: You know, I wouldn't have an argument with any of these four.
Speaker 1: And we know what happened.
Speaker 3: They be better.
Speaker 1: We know what happens when the Canucks don't get good goaltending done.
Speaker 3: They don't win.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: You've got some business or photos?
Speaker 1: What are we doing with photos?
Speaker 7: Ryan?
Speaker 1: Where we go? We're going to the Maldives, Kudoo, Kudoo, Maldives. Yep, wrapping my D and D bucket on Kudoo, Maldives, watching clips, listening to the pod while I'm away, uh and Ryan, get off X and uh less it's less toxic here on Blue Sky. And anyways, who is this? Patrick Patrick? Man? Look at this?
Speaker 3: Pat Patrick?
Speaker 1: Look at the water, Look at the water, turquoise. I like your shirt too good good combo? Yeah looking good, Patrickstricks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think so. Where we're going now? I think we're going? Is this overseas? It's not overseas. It's on Vancouver Island.
Speaker 3: Ryan, it's overseas.
Speaker 1: It's not overseas, it's over water. Ryan, look at this. Had a great weekend in Nanaimo visiting a couple of buddies from high school. That's Eric and Dave in front. I'm in the back with the D and D hoodie. This was on a hike to jack Point. Lots of seals and.
Speaker 12: Lots of seals and sea lions and Vancouver media members. Oh you gotta me rattled with the anyways, heading back to Tawas and no, that great view of the fairy heading back to Towason.
Speaker 1: See you cut me off. You shouldn't have done that. This is Adam and Maple Ridge. What a great photo. Look at the ferry in the background.
Speaker 3: Who the other two gentlemen?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 3: Eric?
Speaker 1: No, Eric and Dave and they're on Jackpoint.
Speaker 3: Okay, anyway, business go?
Speaker 1: No? Yes?
Speaker 3: Which one?
Speaker 1: Check drive through? Oh? Yeah, look at this. The check and the Salvation Army are teaming up for the thirty first seven drive through happening on December sixth at Checkpoint. Okay tune in from five to seven. Check will be broadcasting live from three locations of Victoria, West Shore and Nanaimo. Over thirty five locations are accepting toy donations from now until December sixth. If you can't make it in person, you can always make a cast donation to the online cattle get all the details at checknews dot Ca slash drive through.
Speaker 3: We have several people in the Delaney's Okay tiring Langley inbox. They are going to work their hardest, unlike Ryan, to find that Canadian conversion to metric song that I talked about. It Lee was in the seventies. You sure put that in your pipe and smoking.
Speaker 5: Sure was visual and not just like an audio radio ad.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sure it was visual. But even if it was a radio ad, it might show, it might appear too or somewhere.
Speaker 1: Gonna be honest, I'm gonna spend too much time on it this afternoon.
Speaker 3: You can look forward to that folks conduction a while tonight. We'll have highlights and postgame interviews and discussion on tomorrow's show. Thanks for watching, behalf of Ryan, Derek Rick, everybody here at Oh Boy and Check. I'm done and you're up to date in the world of sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly Podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dolly for all the latest show content.