Speaker 1: Dirty hands means clean theology.
Speaker 2: Can you dig it?
Speaker 1: What? What? What? What?
Speaker 3: What is going on on my local guys and gals and long distance pals.
Speaker 4: We are back, fast sing sing, I'll.
Speaker 5: Step in and be ben.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 5: Whoa, I'm listening to y'all show. I know that's what we're now.
Speaker 4: Brian, Brian, pull up one of them really deep voices on your on your box there and do what We're back for us.
Speaker 2: And we can't inspired.
Speaker 5: These voice loaded into that it's right there.
Speaker 2: Fired well.
Speaker 4: Today, I'm pretty excited. We got some some good friends of ours from the Vessels podcast with us today. We're going to have kind of a good free flow discussion, but I guarantee it's going to be a lot about faith, God and the world that we're living in right now. But before we get going, we as always, we want to jump in. We want to get a good prayer ahead of time. I don't know, justin, are you feeling up for it?
Speaker 3: I think we should lie one of our guests, you know, it would be only fitting.
Speaker 4: I do like that. We got a volunteer man.
Speaker 5: I'll jump in here. Father, I just thank you for this time that we have all together and Lord, I thank you for these two men from the Big Bible podcast, Justin and Stephen. I thank you for what you've done through their podcast. And my hope is that you'll continue to do that and they'll continue to reach listeners. And Lord, we just actually look over this episode. God got our hearts, got our minds, got our spirits, got our words. Lord keep us patient with the distractions we've had going on, and Father, we just thank you for everything in Jesus name.
Speaker 2: Amen, Amen, Amen.
Speaker 4: Well, like I said, these two gentlemen here are from the Vessels podcast. Look it up. It's there's a big ship. Pirate looking ship is the logo. Uh, it's driving me nuts. But they got a it's a it's an awesome show. These guys go into real life. They're very, very vulnerable. In their show. They talk about things that are going on in their lives, the things that are affecting them. And and and to be honest that we've talked about this before, but you know, we talk about witness and testimony. Witness is seeing what God does in your life, and testimony is showing other people, look, look, this is what God did for me. And that's why our testimony is so important, and these gentlemen on their podcast and it is it is an excellent show. Really speak to that and really really show, like I said, a very very vulnerable side of themselves. And I know they're going to help a lot of people out there, but I strongly recommend you guys listening to them. It's it's an excellent show. So thank you guys for coming on with us today.
Speaker 2: Man, thanks for those kind words.
Speaker 6: It's hard to have beef with somebody when they're just like complimenting you so hard.
Speaker 4: Man, Oh, we got beef. There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: No, don't get it twisted, you know. Okay, all right, So.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you listen. I told Sean, where there's smoke, there's fire, buddy, you.
Speaker 2: Better okay, Okay. I love it.
Speaker 3: And the thing I love about your show honestly is, uh, you know, it's like not just deep diving in scriptures. It's just really just a real schmortgage board because you're you're talking about scripture, but you're talking about moral lessons, life lessons, and it's just a lot of good words of wisdom and camaraderie with the show, and you guys have fun with it. And it's nice just to be a fly on the wild to hear your guys' discussions and basically just life lessons and things that you're going through and how it applies to the Bible and being imagers of God. It it's just a really good show. And and for those that don't know, these guys are professionals that they record, make films and do audio and stuff for a living. This is how they make their living. So this thing is top notch as far as the production goes. You guys do a really amazing job.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I mean it. It is kind of hard to have beef, but not really for me because I got all these dogs going on. So I'm going to channel all the frustrations from the background noises. I'm going to dick room completely at Steven. Nobody else in here. They're all going towards Steve here. But yeah, we appreciate it. Guys. You know, our show was kind of birth just from we were having after church Sunday conversations. We've said it a ton on our show, never on here, but Brian and I became good friends through work. We met on the set of a music video that he was shooting. I was actually in the video. I was producing music at the time. And we've just from day one made all of our resources open for one another. And through that, you know, I've been blessed to have Brian as a mentor, as a friend, as a brother. He's been he's been present in my life through a lot of the really low lows, and he's helped me, you know, get back up on my feet a million other times. And you know, we were having these conversations anyway, we have all the gear to do this, so we just kind of constructed what is now The Vessels Podcast, And if anything, I appreciate what you guys are saying, for sure, but it's almost for me. It's it's like free therapy sessions that we have on our show. You know, it's like an unlimited better Help subscription, you know, but it's with one of my closest friends. Brian's always been somebody that's been super honest with me when I couldn't be honest with myself. And we try to keep the show that way too, you know, for better or for worse or whatever it is. You know, we don't want to hide behind any kind of mask a lot of times in a Christian walk. You know, there's a lot of people that hide behind, you know, the idea of that everything's just all good all the time, or you know, something like that, and that's just we know that's not the case. I mean, all of us sit in here have our own trials, we have our own things that stand in opposition of us. And you know, I've been doing some mentoring with our pastor at our church, guys, and you know, one of the best pieces of advice that I've ever heard anybody give me is you can't preach what hasn't been preached to you. You can't. You can't speak on things you don't know. So you know, I'm glad that the show resonates with outside listeners that same way, because yeah, we just try to keep it one hundred percent saying.
Speaker 6: Authentic absolutely and to jump in on that. You know, I think that you you guys, were clearly a huge inspiration for the set up, because I remember Sean mentioning it all the time when we would have our after church conversations. You know, He's like, man, they're trying to do this, you know, trying to show them a little bit how to go about this and editing, and then you know, I know that it sparked that interest in Sean. It was like, why are we doing that? Well, don't we just go ahead and do that? Just I mean, the only thing we weren't doing was turning on a camera and hitting the record button. And yeah, I mean, it's been an interesting thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: For the longest, I tried to avoid ownership of the podcast. I'll keep it one hundred percent I did. I was like, this is your show, my boy, you know, because I was like, I'm not trying to edit. I ain't gonna do it. Bro, I ain't gonna do it. I got the time, man. And and every time he'd be like, I don't care what you say.
Speaker 2: This is you too. I'm like, huh okay, I guess, you know.
Speaker 6: And then you know, just continuing on to the conversations that we have to even you know, even having you on there, you know, Stephen to you know, eventually hopefully having you directly on there too, Justin and everybody else, like, just to have these conversations. It's so it is powerful because we may just be in the moment discussing things, and it's therapeutic for us, but we don't. We don't even sometimes consider how it can be so much more for someone else. Right, And like even with y'all for your show, man, like I love the deep dives, I do like to the different topics of every like I mean, you you go on that YouTube page of theirs, you look at all the different things that they're covering board. It's a little bit of everything, you know, And I love that aspect of it because I mean, how many things have we all been curious about the Bible? From all the stories, from all the things that are out there, man, and from all the guests that you guys have had on that show too. Man, it's incredible. But now you guys are very much a big inspiration. I appreciate anytime as I see if we said too, like we're having church on here, right, we are all the pastors on here too. And I love that aspect when you brought that to me, like, Okay, I'm listening. I like it. It's good to have this, man, and it should be more common. And hopefully we keep instelling that all of us keeping stealing that for more and more people, because we need more discussions about God, We need more conversations like this because there's too much mess out there. Otherwise, it's easy to get distracted in this world. So we need the right word being discussed, renewing our minds daily.
Speaker 5: Right absolutely, there goes, don't know, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was just gonna say for those that don't know that that has followed us for a while. Sean was the man that got us into video because we were just strictly audio and we actually come through and got a big name. We got Tempty Alberino on the show, and we were like, we have to get this on video for YouTube, and Sean's just like, hey, I got you guys. So he showed up with all of his gear and showed us how to do all this video things. So if you guys ever seen that Timothy Alberino video, that was all Sean. Sean was the man with the cameras and recording and doing the editing for us, and so that was our big introduction into video.
Speaker 4: There was I gotta go back. I'm sorry, Brian, I know, and if justin if you don't catch this yet, Brian cannot take a compliment without giving one. He physically is inca. No, you just can't you can't help Listen. I tell Sean stuff like this all the time. Man, I tell them all the time. I said, listen, God is doing something from you. Don't sell it short. Just because you're the one doing it it's amazing, doesn't mean that God's not behind it. So take a compliment and deal with it. I tell you know, I tell that to my wife all the time. I'm like, listen, I said, you just take a compliment and deal with it. Just you just got to deal with it. So man, like I said, you guys, like I said, you know, you you inspire us, like Justin said, You've inspired us with the video, You've inspired us with just you know, the talks I've had with you, Sean a lot of times, like just it it's it's helped me. It's helped me grow a lot in my faith, just to sit down have those conversations. You know, Justin We've had a couple of those deep, deep, deep talks where you know, you get that real vulnerable side of that person. And you know, I don't I don't do that with many people. I don't show that side with many people. And honestly, we really were supposed to because how else do you show that, you know, look at I'm broken too. I'm I'm I've been you know, decimated. I have been on the floor on my knees, just like what's next, Like just the hits keep coming. But yet God always picks us back up. And if we don't talk about those times, if we don't if we're not open about the things, the struggles that we've had, if we can't reach out to people, people exactly what you guys said before, think, oh, look, these guys are Christian podcasters. They got it all together. And guess what, that ain't the truth. That ain't the truth at all.
Speaker 5: So I feel like I don't have it together more than I ever have it together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just the truth. Yeah, and it's I think that's all of us. The minute that you think you know it all, the minute you think you're on top of your game is when you get taken down a peg.
Speaker 5: We call that mess around and find out, and uh, I'm I've got a couple of pH ds and mess around and find.
Speaker 6: Out happens to me all the time? Happened right before here, right I was talking and missing the chat. I was like, I'm gonna do this podcast by myself. I'm little, did I know I'm in the whole wrong platform, sitting me talking to myself.
Speaker 2: I'm just talking you here, mess.
Speaker 6: You might have to do it by yourself if you don't show up to the I would have really done a podcast all by myself over there.
Speaker 5: Now it is real, you know, I feel like there's so well I can speak. You know, before I knew the Lord, I would I would talk to people. Actually had a lot of resentment towards talking to people that had found the Lord, that had been saved.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I have the earliest memory, I know, I was in an elementary school. So yeah, somewhere between one and fourth grade. I remember a girl came in and she was like, oh I got saved this weekend. And I was like, what happened? Your house on fire? And like somebody run in and grab you? What happened?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: So it was even at that point, you know, I kind of resented people that had found the Lord that had what you know, they had Jesus when I didn't have Jesus. It wasn't because he wasn't available to me. It's because I wouldn't accept, you know, that call. And at large you know, it's easy to get caught up in that. We see. We see a ton of people, right. We live in a world where social media, the Internet is so dominant in everybody's lives, and it's so easy to get swept away into comparison, and you know, that person has this, this person has that. Maybe I'm not praying enough, maybe I'm not saying the right words when I pray. You know, I've not read enough Bible, I've not memorized enough things. And I think, you know, from my perspective, I think that that keeps people away from pursuing more than it, you know, gets them to a place to where they want to pursue. So my goal is that. Yet sometimes I think probably with everybody you know in the podcast right now, I've probably said to you at some point in time, I'm probably an oversharer. I will share my entire life with a stranger. But it's not because I just want to put my business on front Street. But if it feels appropriate to let that person know, Hey, I'm going through these things as well, and there's still salvation after that, there's still a pick me up after that, there's still things after that. So I very much don't have it all together. But that's not the point of this walk anyway. The point of this walks not to have it together. It's to learn from the times where you're broken into pieces. It's God displays his glory through our weaknesses, and you know, he gets us to a point where we're so weak that we either get to choose death or we get to choose life. And that's that's the walk, that's the true walk in my opinion. You know, nobody has it one hundred percent together. I don't care if you knew some of the people around you's deepest, darkest secrets that they're not talking about, you would find out how much they don't have it together. And I just don't ever want to personally be one of those people that somebody thinks has it all together. And because that's what I portray, I make Jesus an unreachable thing, because he's very reachable. He's very available to all of us. And yeah, you can't, you can't not tell the truth. That's what we're all chasing down right. We want to tell the truth about these things. The Bible is full of truth, and the Bible is a heartbreaking story that is all true, but at the end there's victory, you know, And for me to paint my life like it's anything different would be you know, it would be wrong, it would be hypocritical. And that keeps How many times do we know somebody personally that you know, wow, I don't go to church because it's full of hypocrites. And you can be mad at that, you know, But also we have to acknowledge that the church at large walks around kind of being hypocritical. Right. They're not telling the whole truth, They're not telling nothing but the truth. And I'm included in that. I'm not hold myself above it. There's times where you know, I try to cover up, I try to mask, I try to you know, deflect what's going on in life to paint this picture for somebody. But you know, I just try to get myself pulled back the center as quickly as possible and start telling the truth as much as possible, you know, right when I notice those things. So we have a responsibility, all of us in here, because we know the truth. We have to we have to tell that truth at all costs, whether it be that we're an overshare, whether it believe you know that somebody knows our deepest, darkest secrets. It doesn't matter. You know, whatever's done in the dark's coming to the light anyway. And that applies not just with God, but it applies to the people around us, our family, our friends, our brothers. It just it is what happens. You can't keep this stuff in the dark.
Speaker 4: So I'll go to that same point that you just said though, is you know God, God uses those things in our life for us to grow. Yeah, for sure, a one hundred percent. But you know there's that's the first step. The next step is that you see other people going through those things in your supposed to reach out and and you're supposed to lead by example because people are supposed to see Christ through you. So when you're going through, you think about Peter and a couple of other disciples. You know, they get they get pulled into the temple by the high priests. They're like, you need to stop talking about this Jesus guy, and they're like, no, not today. And guess what, they get flogged and they leave celebrating that they were they were deemed worthy enough to suffer for Jesus in Jesus name. They were they were that they were ecstatic about getting flogged. It wasn't for them, It was to show the people around them the joy that they had, even in their suffering, even in their despair, even in when it would be the worst possible thing you think could happen to somebody. They're celebrating. They're sitting there going, thank the Lord that I got whooped. I mean, you can't say much more than that when you talk about the the stuff that we go through in life, like if if, if you look back to those disciples, those people, those true witnesses of what Jesus did, and then even people afterwards like Paul, and you go further down the line, like Timothy, like Silas, Barnabas, all these people. They are sitting there. They just saw what God did in their life and they're trying to get that to as many people as possible. And it's those struggles you have, those things in life. I mean, how many times did Paul get stoned? How many times did you know? These guys get their lives almost taken and guess what, they get up and dust himself off. And Paul actually walks back into the city that he just got thrown out of in Stone. He gets up, dust himself off, walks back in like.
Speaker 5: Just because he wanted to let him know what was up.
Speaker 4: That's it. But that's how we should all be in our suffering.
Speaker 1: And it is. It is very.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, is Steve from the dig Bible podcast. I really hope you guys are enjoyment. But also the sound quality, it's drastically improved since I handed that duty over to the Handcrafted Audio. If you've enjoyed the quality of the show and have any audio or editing needs, reach out to Jason at the Handcrafted Audio at gmail dot com and as always, keep digging. Well, You're easy for us to say, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: There was a there was a turning point and I've never shared it with you, Steve or you justin you know, in in my walk as a Christian where I realized how how important being open was. You know, I've kind of always been that over share. I don't try to keep a ton away from the people I'm close to, And now it's like I don't keep a ton away from even a stranger. I just met Walmart and they probably be like, man, he's crazy. He just told me his whole life story. Uh. But there was a turning point, and I won't bring up the subject or anything, but there was a turning point where I had spoken with Justin and was kind of advising him on some stuff, and Brian, you were there because you'd already advised me on the same thing. You know, I was just carrying over and Justin looked at me, and Steven was in there, and Justin was like, so you're going through that right now too, And I was like, yeah, dude, I wouldn't advise on something I don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's not saying that I know the complete right way to do things, but I'm giving you the same advice that I'm giving myself. I'm I'm asking you to follow what I'm following too, And you know, whether it be for right or wrong, it's the best that I know what to do with it right now, you know. So since that point that we had that, I mean, I just you know, kept on keeping on, keep on sharing those things, keep on using the things in my life that are sent to destroy me, and I speak life into other people. You know, God has been gracious enough with me to use me in that way. You know, more than a handful of times, so I don't I don't pull back from that, you know, I want people to know that you can get back up on your feet. I want people to know that you can keep on going. And yeah, you go look like Rocky Sometimes the whole face is gonna be swallowing shot. You's got to beat half to death. But you still crawled back, you know, because yeah, there's not a bell. I'm not stopping until I hear that trumpet. Period.
Speaker 3: It was an amazing thing for me too, man, because honestly, that was one of the biggest moments in like beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind, the biggest spiritual warfare episodes of my life. And to know that you were going through that too, because like you said, you don't even mean to, but you put up this for lack of a better word, facade. You know, Hey, yeah I'm doing this and everything's smooth sailing, bro. I got it all figured out that that's how you appeared the outside world. So someone like me that was going through that situation, I dared approached you with it because it's like it would as a man, it would make me feel weak, inefficient and things like that.
Speaker 5: So when you you.
Speaker 3: Brought that out, it was just like, whoa, you know, Uh, he doesn't have it all figured out, you know, so I need to confide in this man and pick his brain and try to figure out how he mapped that certain situation. So I was definitely appreciative of it all the.
Speaker 5: Same here, man, I'm going to apologize to your guys's listeners until somebody else gets home this whole dog thing. You just pray for, y'all, pray for the dog because after the show at the door.
Speaker 2: The poor representation of vessels.
Speaker 5: Right now, it's actually one hundred accurate to the show. It's actually right on.
Speaker 6: Par Let's have a conversation about let's get our dogs in line, Okay, let's talk about what the Lord leading us there to do.
Speaker 2: I agree, like I actually.
Speaker 6: I can give you give you as a perfect example of doing that right now. And actually, even where I do mentor others, right I have another person that is connected to it. So I have a good, longtime best friend that unfortunately, you know, going through the process of divorce currently. And there for a while, you know, I was working with him. He was saying, he's doing his work, he's getting into his Bible. Right, he's staying focused on the word like he needed to.
Speaker 2: And you know, me being a human that I am.
Speaker 6: Uh, I got busy with work, didn't check in as much like I did. Right, four months goes by and I happen to be out in his neighborhood checking out a property. So I reach out to him because that's kind of my way of doing things. Right, when I'm in that moment, I think of you, I'm sending something. I don't need to wait until later in that day. I'll just send it randomly. Right, And he's gone down the complete opposite path. Now, Unfortunately, it's it's his depression talking, it's the it's it's God's fault, it's this and that. And one of the first things I reminded him of I was, I was like, let's not get mad at God when we have our free will here.
Speaker 2: It wasn't God that caused her to do these things.
Speaker 6: You know, we're trying to put Blaine where it doesn't belong and simply, you know, trying to make this long story shorter.
Speaker 2: Is that.
Speaker 6: Seeing him in a distract place of mind, right, he was getting borderline rude with me, treating me almost as if I'm the problem, But I understand when you're not in the right frame of mind. When I'm no longer talking to that person, I'm talking to their depression, I'm talking to their emotions. I'm talking to that lost person that's just ran away from God. And I chose patience in the past. Let me tell you, boys, you say something crazy to me, I'm in your neighborhood and I got some baby powder on me. I will surely stop on, but I'll pause my schedule for the day.
Speaker 2: I will make.
Speaker 6: Some time to come talk to you. And you know I've learned obviously that does no good. If I'm to be more like a lord, you know, walk with compassion and show love, that's my job.
Speaker 2: Love my neighbor.
Speaker 6: Right and outside of even he and I, I have another person I mentor that knows him, and it's part of his development where he was scared to reach out, he started reaching out to that same mutual friend, check and see how he was doing and get over his uncomfortable side of thinking he's just bothering people. Well, the guy I'm currently mentoring has made a lot of progress in that world. And I actually literally had the conversation with him where I reinstated when you have worked through something, God has helped you in every step of that way. You see your ally over there on bended knee, struggling, you go right there with him. You choose to pick him up and not just leave him out there. It may not be on your terms, you know. It could be that he becomes rude, and he did. He got rude with even him right and I had to call him again and remind him. Is that Listen, we're not talking to the same person right now. We're talking to somebody who's in that emotion. He's believing in the heart being so deceitful to him right now. But no, let go of that, let go of yourself, right What does God want you to do here? Do you leave this man alone because he's just angry and hates everyone and everything? Or do you be patient something even if you're not the most patient person. Be compassionate, even if you just don't want to be compassionate. And that's what we're supposed to do. When we've worked ourselves and gotten passed through these things. That experience isn't just only meant for you. You take that information. You see your brother slip and falling whatever. Hey, this is what's going on. This is what I can still struggle with with it. This is how I got past it. And this is where I'm gonna hold you accountable at too, if you want to get past it as well. But I love you and I won't let you sit there. But I believe we definitely inherently have that resptponsibility to do those types of things.
Speaker 4: So I tell you, I'm gonna tell you that you think about this like like I think it's spiritual warfare first of all, right, if heesian six twelve, we fight not against flesh and blood. We're fighting against evil powers, dark and dark places. You know, this is all stuff, depression, all these other feelings that that we have of you know, in adequacy, all these things. This is a demon whispering in your ear. This is not God, this is nothing. This is the world. This is all the demonic forces in this world. We're sparing here telling you you're not good enough, telling you you're not you know there. But what you're saying, Brian to me is the way I look at it as a is a dodgeball game, right, It's us against the bad guys. And if your buddy is one on one with the bad guy. If you step in, you're on his team. All of a sudden, it's two against one, much better odds, right, if you got somebody at your back, that's there, that's gonna be speaking that that that you know, the Gospel speaking Jesus speaking God over you, that that dodgeball game that just swung in a positive direction. So I think it's really important to to Like you said, I think you know you have two choices there. You're just gonna leave alone, say eh whatever, or are you gonna step up to the plate and be that you know, the guy that jumps in and say I'm on your team, buddy, I'm here, you know. And I'd say the same thing to every one of you guys. And I've said I say this to a lot of people, but you guys, ever need me, I'm there, you know. I say that to people I meet. I say to people that I barely know you need me, I'm there. Because the things that you're going through, that's not you, that's not God. That's that's first of all, there's sin, but there's demonic things in this world. The things that go through your head, those evil thoughts those things that happen. This is this is such a fight that people don't understand that if we could see the spiritual realm around us, you probably you'd have a heart attack and die because you could not handle the sight of what you would see. The demons that are surrounding us, the evil that surround us. And if we don't have God on our team, if we haven't asked Jesus to step in and be on our team, then we're leaving ourselves extremely exposed. And on top of that, if you have it in you, you're stepping into a role to try to help that person next to you. We don't want to leave anybody on the island. We want to get on that island with him and say, hey, you know we're here for you. Let I want to help you. I want to get you to that next step, whatever it may be. But no, I think that's spot on. I think that's I mean, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, amen, agreement. I mean it is something that will always do. And you know, I know we talk about this on the show, but like I know, Sean says that I help him out a lot, but like you know, there's several times he helps me out. Like that's the thing. God's provided us with so many resources. I see when I have your phone number, I could call you up if I have any kind of question.
Speaker 2: I know you'd be there for me. I don't have a doubt in the world.
Speaker 6: Like God doesn't allow me to cross paths with certain people and not have that ability to And the only time I'm getting away from God is just like we've talked about millions of time, I'm just not focusing and using my resources. And it's human human aspects. We get too over encumbered by you know, what we watched on TV or YouTube or you know.
Speaker 2: We're just doing the wrong things.
Speaker 6: We're drinking too much, we're trying to just get far away because we want to follow the emotions, and you know, you're right. I mean, we're trying to just not even acknowledge it's a demon. That's we're just not willing to fight anymore. We're just saying, go ahead, just run it. Let's just be depressed for a week. We'll be fine again afterwards. And that was one of even one of the messages he sent me. You know, it was like, I I've worked through this before. I was like, yeah, you did, but you know, to do it all by yourself. I mean that doesn't sound like the best idea. I mean I try to do so many things by myself because I thought I had no other choice.
Speaker 2: I had choices every single time.
Speaker 6: I'm just an idiot, and I now know that I have several and so many resources that like, I know, people tend to view me as somebody that doesn't. It's just now, I just don't call the same people for it. I call the specific person I know they can help me with that information that I'm looking for. And if you happen to be that person I'm calling, I got no shame in my game.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm an idiot. Can you help me with this?
Speaker 6: And if we can all and it's tough when the demon's whispering in your ear. Depression, man, I'm sure we've all had a taste of it, right it is. It is one of the just craziest things that it seems so sweet in the moment to just give in, let it be, just feel the feelings. But staying there is only making everything you're worried about with your depression become actually real. All the problems that you're so actually deathly afraid of you're doing the action to make sure that that is what really comes to play instead of just doing the work. When the work, well, it's the word, right, the word work doesn't mean you're just sitting around waiting. You're just waiting for somebody to come. Put the resolve right directly in your palm, and now you're good to go. You've got to go work. And when you're working, that's the real blessing. You get to see everything. Your eyes are so much more open, you can pay attention to the details. And now when those moments come again, you remember those things. It's like you build your own scrapbook in your head that helps you just remember. Okay, well listen, we've been here before. This is somewhat similar alters. Yeah, one hundred percent, man, And you can keep going because, yeah, I still get knocked down plenty of days. You know, I'll go so hard I or I neglect something or you know, whatever.
Speaker 2: It could be. I can still falter.
Speaker 6: And man, I if I ever run into somebody that says I got.
Speaker 2: It all figured out, I'm good. I don't need anything. I'm gonna find like some holy water and throw it on them. I'll put a cross on their foread and just see if it burns. I expect to.
Speaker 3: Fill run away, run from those people behind me, Satan No, because that's lie man.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be around those kind of people.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: Ever, once you get to a certain point, when you think you have it all figured out, you get dangerous with that ego. I know, because me and my ego are close buddies, but we can't hang out. You know, we're clothes buddies, but we can't hang out. And the times that we do hang out, we just that guy gets me in trouble every single time. And you know, speaking on depression and things like that, it's just growing up, I never heard about anybody being depressed.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I think that the older generation before us, they just thought that you could beat depression out of somebody, right, just you know, if a kid's acting sad, just the I mean, you know my kids, Papa mean, it's any problem in their life, that's the answer, whoop them, you know what I mean. And it's like that doesn't really work. But what does work is to be open. And you know, like I'll use myself as an example today, even being open, it's not being vulnerable just to other people, right, It's it's having a vulnerable prayer life. It's having a vulnerable walk with the Lord, you know, because not only do we try to keep things away from the people that we know, but we try to keep things away from God, you know. And how foolish of us to think that that's gonna work out anyway, But we do it. We absolutely do it. And this morning, you know, I just went I've just had a week, man Like, it's been a lot of work, it's been a lot of just other crazy bs stuff going on. It's just like out of nowhere, you know. And this morning, I ain't gonna lot of y'all. I woke up, I doom scrolled on my cell phone until noon, and I told myself, every ten minutes, I'm gonna do my Bible study. In ten minutes, I'm gonna do my Bible study in ten minutes. And I'm just Instagram just having me wrapped up. All the videos were good. I just couldn't get away. And I finally taught myself. I was like, nah, you're being a loser. We gotta get to this Bible study. You know, sometimes you gotta have some mean self talk. You gotta keep it real with yourself and open the Bible up. I read. I read like three sentences. I'm just super distracted, and so I just go to prayer, you know, and I prayed. I just told God openly, what do you want me to pray about? Like, I don't even know how to form the words to express it to you? What is it that you want me to do with this? You know, I'm not trying to get out of this. If this is where I need to be, so be it. Let your will be done in my life. But I'm asking you for endurance. I'm asking you for extra vision so I can see what it is that I need to see right now to I need to hear what I need to hear right now. I need to make sure that in this moment, I'm just the only thing. You know, you don't want to just leave out of a moment like this and the only thing that you have is a defeat. You want to come out victorious, and not just for yourself, but above all things. You want to come out victorious because that glorifies the Lord and your struggles. And I'm asking him, what is it that I need to do to to to be able to get back to where I know I need to be at. And anyway, I just I just prayed myself in circles, right like, I feel like God just had to listen to me ramble for five or ten minutes, you know, And you know, praise praise the Lord that the Holy Spirit steps in and intercedes on our behalf and makes sense out of our our our rumblings and all of our bramblings. But you know, I opened my eyes from prayer. I look back down at my Bible and I'm studying Matthew right now, and I look down and your scripture nerds can tell me where. But the next verse that I'm going over is Jesus saying, you know, all you guys that are burdened and heavy laden, come to me and I'll give you rest, you know. But without just that open conversation with the Lord and saying here, I am like, what do you? I don't even know what to say to you. That's how far disconnected I feel today. I don't even know what to say to you. And the answer is always, you got to come back to Jesus, right like. You have to do that. That's the only rest I've ever gotten in my entire life, and I wholeheartedly believe it'll be the only rest that any of us ever get. You know, and I'm not talking about the kind of rest that you go to sleep and you have a good night sleep. I'm talking about the rest and your spirit. You know, there's an unrest when you're in those places that I don't care if you hit a billion dollar jackpot lottery, that won't give you the rest from that. You're just tormented until you get yourself back there. And you have to be open with God. You know, a lot of times when I was a brand new, fresh baby Christian, you know, I didn't want to go to God with any problems, right because I'm like, I'm not trying to complain, Lord, I don't want to complain to the Lord, complete opposite of what we're supposed to do. And I promise, like, the more open you are, it might be a complaint at first. You keep talking, you keep praying, those complaints will work themselves right into gratitude. He will show you where to be grateful. He will show you how to flip that complaint into being triumphant over whatever it is that you're complaining about. But man, when you try to keep that away from him. You're on your own that you're in a full long game of mess around and find out you get to face all the bosses. You're gonna get stomped out, every one of them. Ain't no extra lives nothing, You're just done. You just playing a losing game. And you know, I would encourage anybody, everybody, you know, be open with the Lord, no matter what it is. You know, it's we're supposed to come to the Lord. You know just how we are, So why do we try to change that before we come? You know, it's like it's we're working the opposite way, and we you know, humans just like to keep things in the dark. We're ashamed of everything that goes wrong in our life. And it's like we're under a magnifying glass right now in the age of social media and all that, where it's like you better not slip up and fall, because what will everybody think? Who cares what anybody except for Jesus thinks of me? You know I do in certain times, but truly, who cares? And why do we spend our time defending that? Why do we spend our you know, we we want so much to be in the light that we turn the dark. We turn the lights out? Yeah, why why do we do that? You know what I mean, it's we turn the complete opposite direction, you know, Brian, Just like you were saying about your buddy. It's like you get fired up, you get fired up, you get fired up. But I mean, let's keep it real. Sometimes we just get fired up until we don't get what we want and then we act like babies.
Speaker 6: So lack of patience for sure. I mean, that's all whatever really boils down to God. I prayed, God, I prayed God, I asked. You said, that's all I had to do. Hold on, you know, hold up, bud, Yeah, pray, ask, but you still got to get to work, you know. To you know, I call, you know, prayer for just a full blown, well, prayer for anything. I wouldn't even say just a miracle, right, Just prayer and asking for things without work is also just known as delusion. To sit there and only pray and do nothing behind it. Be on that further like that, that's that doesn't make sense to me. You know, if if I'm restricted and I physically can't go do some work I have no capability, then yes, I'm going to pray. But that's because you know, if I'm a quadriplegic or something to a degree and I've lost all my limbs, i can't get up and go to work, I'm gonna pray. I'm gonna go hard with that, but there will still be something that I can do, because, uh, you know, I believe heavily in that we are to get to work, and we typically become impatient because we're not working. It's easy to sit there and just say I want the outcome. And when we take a break, why isn't the outcome here yet? You just you just did thirty minutes worth of work and you just expected it's gonna fall in your lap now, Delusion.
Speaker 5: Spiritual Labs and you guys, I mean, you know Justin and Steven. You know, I've had the pleasure of knowing both of you guys for a while now and having good conversations with both of you. And you know, a big accolade that I would give you guys is you've been a great example of no matter what's happening, you guys have kept your eyes on the prize with your show. You know, you guys have went through you know, plenty of life stuff, you've went through internal stuff. You guys have been through all that, and none of your listeners wouldn't know it all, you know, And I thought about that the other days. I'm just like getting molly walked out here. We've not uploaded I've not uploaded an episode in like two weeks. I'm like, you know, look at yeah, I mean, it's really something to focus on. You know, it's inspiring to me for sure. You know that you guys, despite all the obstacles that life throws, you've made sure that you've at least got you know, a bunch of episodes stacked up, scheduled, ready to go. You guys have persevered through it all, through it all, you know. So you guys are carrying that same torch, you know, And I would be curious to ask, you know, how do you get through those things? You know, your show's face plenty of challenges. How what have you guys put into practice? What do you? Obviously you lean on the Lord, but that sentence is very vague, you know. I when when people that are trying to come to know the Lord come to somebody and they're like, just give it to Jesus, It's like, yeah, Okay, I hear you, but land the plane, Like, what does that mean? How do I do that? Give some instruction and some insight? And you guys have done that. I mean, you know, just I mean your channel speaks for itself. Look at the consistency. What have kept you guys consistent in the game with your head straight? What is it that you're doing.
Speaker 4: I think that's funny because you you think about this, and I'm going to tell you right now, I'll tell you what's kept us in the game. And his name starts with a J. That's all I'm gonna say. Because he's been consistent, he's been on fire, he's he's gone after this stuff. But I will tell you that it's just like what was talking about.
Speaker 5: We talk about Jesus or Justin here.
Speaker 4: No, Ben has a silent Ben has a silent Jay at the beginning. No, but Justin and all serious, I mean it is it is ultimately for Jesus, obviously, but Justin has been you know. So when God sets you up with something right, if God has a plan for you, he's going to give you the tools to get something done. And I'm not calling Justin a tool, but what I am saying is that you know, He's put us in a place, in a in the way that he set this up, the way this show started. This isn't there's no glory to us and this at all. But what he did is he put a couple of people together where we can lift each other up. We have disagreements, Believe me, we have disagreements. Me and Justin both have talked about walking away from the show. I'm not that I'm being very vulnerable open right now. We both have said at times like I'm I'm done. It's it's you go through so much spiritual warfare when you're especially when you're doing what God's calling you to do, You're gonna be under more attack than you've ever been before. And I tell you what, You're gonna go through it. You're gonna go through it. And the whole point is, you know, it's that build your rewards up in heaven because right now, the suffering that we go through, you know, the suffering that we have on this planet, when it's for when it's for God, when it's for the right reasons, then you know God sees that God wants us to persevere through those things because our faith and what we do. The reason we do these things is not for us. I mean, I'm not saying that it isn't cool to get behind a microphone and do these things. It's not something I ever thought I do. But I'm not saying it's not cool to do that. But in the end, when you get done, you know, there's I say this about anybody else out there that's listening to this, just like what you guys said about before this, you guys had talks. What was the difference, Well, you bought a microphone. Right, There's a lot of people out there that are way, way, way more qualified than I will ever be to be in this seat, way more qualified. The differences. I bought a microphone. I listened to what God told me to do. Justin listened to what God told him to do. And even when we get down on the dumps, even when we sit there and men, you know, we've been through and I mean and I don't in our own in different ways, Me and him have both been to Helen back through this quite literally, since this started, we've both been to Helen back. And I'm not being even remotely facetious. The things that Justin's have gone through have been on a very real physical world level. And I've gone through the hardest spiritual warfare stuff that has happened in my life since my actual conversion when God actually called me for real. This has been the heart this time in my life the last two years. It has. There's just no way around that. So when you can go through those things and knowing that God's got your back, when we have each other's back, when we can lift each other up, when you got that other guy in your dodgeball team to sit there and say, don't listen to the nonsense. We got to keep We gotta keep on pace with what God wants us to do. That's what you do. It's the same thing that you guys do. You guys did it before you were doing it as a podcast. You were doing it just to do it with each other, to lift each other up, to help each other through those tough times. And it's it's God gives you those resources, ei those tools. I mean, Brian, I know you are huge on the resources, but people are resources. I hate to say it that way. It doesn't sound. It sounds like you're using them, but it's not using them. God puts somebody in your life that will help you. A resource is something that helps you. And man, Justin has helped me in my walk and in my life more than I can ever repay him for what he's done. Just to have this a show, just to have this time, Sean, You've helped me in ways I can't even tell you. I told you before. I look up to you. You're like ten years younger than me. I look up to you, you know, Brian, I have only met you a couple times, but you are an amazing human being that I'm already learning things from. Not only that, but through the stories that Sean tells me, I'm learning from you through Sean. How about that? So the whole point is that in this space, anybody, and not just doing a podcast, but I'm talking about in the Christian realm, you need. This is why church is important, because you need people around you that have a faith. You need people around you that are gonna help you when you trip and fall, and God puts those people in your life, and you gotta be you gotta be open to understanding that when you're broken, God's gonna God's gonna pick you up, but He sometimes is gonna use somebody to help you.
Speaker 1: Up and man with me too. As far as like Boots on the ground is.
Speaker 3: Just consistency and showing up, saying yes, you know, just leaning in and just putting your nose to the grindstone. There's days, you know, like for those that go to the gym, you know, there's plenty of days that you wake up and you're like, man, I do not want to go to gym today.
Speaker 1: And the same thing.
Speaker 3: I've even applied church sometimes sometimes church can be like the gym.
Speaker 1: You know, you're tired from work and at.
Speaker 3: Eight o'clock alarm clock goes off and you're like, man, I just love to stay in bed today. But when you force yourself to get up and go, Like, I love how Brian his theology lines up perfectly with mine. I always say that, yes, God looks out for those and answers prayers and blesses people. But he's a god that rewards work. He's a God that meets you in the middle. You know, you have to step out and meet him halfway, and if you do that, he's going to meet you there. And so when you do go to church or when you do go to the gym, and after you walk out, you're just like, there's the reward. Man, I feel so much better. Man, I'm so glad that I went. So it's like days that you're going through spiritual warfare, or you look at those downloads and there's nobody watching, and you just feel discouraged and you put in all this work and you're like, well what for? You know, you have all these things that go on in your head. It's just like, you know, you have to tell yourself get up and go to work. It's a daily thing just to lean in and go. And honestly, God knows when to to give you those dividends. And I mentioned once before, but I'll mention it again because it was so profound to me. Like Steve said, we had many times. You know, we never talked to each other about it until just one day at that conference we just recently went to. But I had moments that I was like, man, i's got too much going on. I'm just gonna have to quit. And Steve said the same thing himself. But we both I think made a choice in our brain that no, we're showing up to work today.
Speaker 1: No, we're leaning in.
Speaker 3: And at that conference we had this woman and man, I'll never forget it was so profound to me.
Speaker 1: It was a reassurance.
Speaker 3: It was God showing me, Hey, all those days you woke up and didn't feel like going to work and you did.
Speaker 1: This is why.
Speaker 3: But this woman comes to our table when we were set up selling shirts and stuff at this conference, and she's kind of shy, and we just thought she was shy, and she's just kind of meekly looking around, and we gave her some stickers and stuff and she just got out of there. And well, the next day she shows up and looks like she'd been crying. Her eyes are swelled and a little watery, and she's like, guys, I want to apologize for yesterday. And we were like, you know what for? And she was like, I was just so nervous yesterday. And she said, after listening to, you know, all these shows and reading these books and hearing hearing these speakers, and to actually be here in person, to you know, to listen to your heroes and the people that you look up to and listen to, it's just kind of surreal. And me and Steve, of course, when't even thinking of ourselves. We were thinking of La mar Zouli and Derek Gilbert and these big name guys in our head. And I made a comment. I'm like, oh yeah, I said, Derek and La. You know all these guys they're they're great and they're down to earth people. Man, they'll talk to you. They're just great. We're we're even still like that to this day, even though we talked to them, you know, several times a year. It's still like the excited group you backstage at moments for us too.
Speaker 1: And then she said, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not talking about them, she said, I'm talking about you guys.
Speaker 1: And then she just started crying.
Speaker 3: Man, and I got up and I went around the table and I just hugged her, man, and she just cried on me, and she said, she said, I love you guys.
Speaker 1: She said, I listen to you guys all the time. She said, she sad.
Speaker 3: Just inspire me to read my Bible, and you bring me closer to God, and you've renewed my faith. And man, that was just a powerful moment for me. And she said, you guys are part of my family. She said, you do the laundry with me, you wash dishes with me, you come to my table at dinner, and we have discussed about you guys and what you're discussing in the topics you're talking about. And she said, I just wanted you guys to know that, and it was just like if nobody listened, and that one person listened, it made all the work worth It.
Speaker 2: Is beautiful, Amen.
Speaker 5: And we often get so wrapped up in all of our own things we forget that, Hey, other people are going through those things too, you know. And I'm glad you got a golden buzzer moment. I imagine that's what it felt like. Just boom and you see all the confetti and it's like, yeah, when you go through this war, you know, God is very gracious and who knows how long that we'll have to fight this war?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I'm I think about it a lot when I go through things in my life, different trials, different obstacles, and I'm probably even going to say the wrong book of the Bible that this is in. But you you guys, you guys definitely have the scripture Nerd audience. I don't know that Brian and I do, but you guys definitely do. But I think about I think it's an exodus. And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, you know, read it, find it. But you know. H yeah, I'm sure somebody somebody knows it better than I do, and that's fine. I'll still land the plane here. But you know, Moses was a lot of it. I just it's funny. I just had this brought up to me. I was I was actually with my father in law and he was he was just telling me. He was like, you know, you're like Moses for those forty years in the wilderness, you know, and you're not listening to God. And I'm like, well, that's not how it went. Moses was just leading a bunch of Israelites that wouldn't listen to God, and Moses got to pay for them being idiots. You know. So definitely didn't apply to me in that way, but it was profound he said it because it made me think about it. You know, Moses was headed toward the Promised Land for forty years in the wilderness, and you know, the Bible talks about the wilderness not really in a good way, right, Like, the wilderness is where we go. That's where Jesus went to be tempted by Satan and the Holy Spirit let him there, and that's where Moses and the Israelites they were going through the wilderness forty days, you know, or forty years, sorry, not forty days, forty years. They're going through this, and you know, Moses is headed toward the Promised Land, and we're all headed toward the Promised Land for sure. So we are like Moses in that way, but in the Bible. And you guys correct me if I'm I don't know that, I do want you to correct me. I think maybe I'm okay with living and being wrong about this because it's just I think about it so often. But Moses never got to step foot on the Promised Land. He only got to see it. And you know, God walked him to the top of that mountain, all the way from the lowest valley. He put him at the top of the mountain, and he got to see the Promised Land. He got to see the israel Lites go ahead and walk on to it, you know, before he passed, you know, his time here on Earth was passed. And I think that's what we have to keep our sights set on, is that no matter what is going on in our lives there, God has made us a promise, and no matter what, we have to continue to walk toward the Promised land, And we can't get upset when our prayers aren't answered and when God says no, and when we've went for forty years or forty days or forty minutes. It's different for everybody. When we lose our patience, we can't get upset that if all we get to do is look at the Promised Land and see everybody that God spoke to through us or through our actions or whatever we did, that they all got to go and we only got to see it. Because even if we just got to see the Promised Land, wouldn't that be worth those forty years out in the wilderness? And I'm sure, and I'll ask Moses one day, was it worth it? And you know, I think very similarly to what you just said, justin I think it'll be worth it. I think you come to a place in life. And it took me a long time to get here where I realized that me I don't matter. I just don't matter. But if I will allow God to work through me, that matters. And to be able to give somebody some hope and to be without fail. When I've given somebody some hope, my hope was restored. When I've given somebody some strength. My strength was restored. You know, when I've given somebody some truth, they've gave me some truth back. It's without failure. So it sounds really easy, you know that it's better to give than to receive, But truly it is, you know, because we're only here for a little while, and everybody has a different expiration date and the biggest thing that you could ever do with your life, the biggest call that you could ever answer, and I think it's what God caused us all to do. Point somebody towards the promised land, show him who's there, you know, and do that at whatever capacity that you're able to in that moment. You know. I know, Brian mentors a lot of people. I have times where I'm mentoring people and you just have to give them the direction. And there's no better feeling in the world when they start walking that way and when you get to see God give them those little prizes along the way, those treasures along the way, and then you go on to watch those people and you know, I know, eventually in my life, you know, and even with Brian and our conversations have changed drastically throughout the years. You know, when we first started talking. Brian has been a pillar of strength for me when I didn't know what else to do, you know, where I didn't know where else to go. I was watching Brian, and I was watching Brian when he didn't know that I was. And I watched Brian go through trials and tribulations. And I've even told him before, Bro, you're are you have you check? You're all lately you're a robot, bro Like you just keep going and keep going and keep going. And our conversations have shifted, and you know, it's been rewarding for me on one end of my end to say, like, well, I'm glad that Brian and I can finally have conversations to where it's just like I'm not on the phone completely losing my mind trying to figure out where I'm supposed to go, and then we can have these conversations together about how to you know, point other people in that direction. And you know, I'm sure for him, you know, it's rewarding when you see somebody go that way. And you know, we had a Brian and I got to just baptize one of our closest friends, you know, and just to see that, I mean, he gives us the accolades for everything. I mean, every time I see this guy, shout out Chris because he'll listen to it. He calls me if I'm not uploaded enough. You know, every time I see this guy, he just talks to me like I am the coolest thing, the coolest person in the world.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: He makes me feel like that, And I'm like, man, all I've ever done is answer the phone. That's all I've ever done is answer the phone and tell him the truth about stuff. But we just don't realize what an impact that we make in other people's lives. And you know, you guys, I'm glad that somebody told you. But there's there's a million more people that feel that way about you. Guys. I'm one of them, you know. I watch how you got. You know, I live in the same town as you, guys. I get to watch what you guys go through, justin I've watched you go from somebody so green behind a camera that had no idea what they were doing with any of this stuff. And I've watched you just work and work and work and work and work. I continue to see it. That makes me want to work harder. I remember there was a time with these cameras and stuff that I ain't know what I shot everything. I'd send Brian stuff, he'd be like, wrong frame rate. I'm like God, I go back out hungry, and you know you, there's times where you lose that along the way, and you know so, I've seen you do stuff and just jump out of the woodwork and be like, okay, well yeah, it build a fire back up underneath me, and you didn't have to have a conversation with me. I watched your walk and you know, Steve, and I watched you. I've watched you work through things where you're you know you, sometimes you a little bit of a Dubton Thomas. You know this, And I watch you just defeat that and defeat that and defeat that, and you know what, sometimes I'm a little bit of a Doubton Thomas. And then I, without failure, here comes Steven. Give me a phone call. He's so wired up, he's ready to choke me out if I won't take a compliment or do this, or do it sparks that flame backup in me in times where neither one of you guys had known it. None of you guys, you call and you say these things, and it wasn't your words that picked me back up. It was your walk. And y'all have picked me up out of some valleys, you know. And just the same with me, just the same with Brian, just the same with all of us. It's none of us are special, you know, but there's we're all called to preach. All of us have spiritual gifts, and we preach in different ways. And there's somebody watching you right now. We talk about that a ton on our show. Somebody's watching everything that you do right now, and you're deciding whether or not God is good to them. And so I just applaud you guys for your walk, you know, and keep doing just that. And Brian, you're included in that. Your walk is in my opinion, unmatched. I still don't. I still think you got to check that old that transmission fluid. Whatever is going on. You're just on it every day. And I think about all of you guys almost on a daily basis where I'm like, man like, I don't know how they're doing it, but it makes me want to do it more.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 6: I don't think it can make sense for any one of us. And I mean that because if if we really tried to look at everything we do. There's so many things that we ourselves have no idea how we did it.
Speaker 2: It's just God. It's just God.
Speaker 6: So I don't try to understand, and I think that we all do. And I appreciate the kind words, but again, I'm gonna do it anyways. I don't care.
Speaker 2: It's my turn talk. Let me talk, man. We just we're.
Speaker 6: All doing it because we're all right here. We've all it's it's in the evening time. We could go relax and chill, but here we are, you know, for a couple of hours doing what we need to do. Listen, boys, I'm tired, man. I just got back from Orlando last night. I have been on every side. I feel like in East Tennessee, or was down the sweet Water, North City, Jacksboro, back to Herriman, to Knoxville, and did all kinds of shoots. And I'm tired right now. But I'm here, and you know, I can't explain where the energy comes from.
Speaker 2: You know, I just know it's God.
Speaker 6: I just know I keep my conversation going with him, just like you have all done when you're in those moments and the reception of it that is cool, But you know, I just want God to have that glory because it's only because of Him that we're able to do it. But we're all capable of that, and you know, the more that people can witness that great I want that. I want to see everybody be aware of what God is capable for themselves, because it's a lonely, desolate life without God. But you know, if people can just get in their their head that He didn't like Christ didn't die for perfect people. He died for us, messed up, stupid, ignorant sinners, you know, So thinking that church is just full of all these upity people, Hey, listen, some of them are, and definitely some is I been talking about. Eh, you go with the hymn book opinions, Hey, straight up, man, But.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I'm just throwing her name out there.
Speaker 6: Actually does playing, you know, end of the day, you know, stop worrying about the perception of these people, because I mean, you guys touched on it earlier. Can't tell you how many people I know that say they don't go to church because of somebody else in that church. I just like, well, you know there's other churches, right, you don't got to go back to the same one that they're at. You're actually more than welcome to go to anybody. You come to my church, they ain't there, you know. So we have a limitless amount of excuses. But let us not focus on being perfect. I'm just I'm not going to be Jesus. My goal with helping others is not to just be praised and and be considered to be Gus. I'm not the alphab nor to Megan, I'm not none of that. I'm Brian. I'm trying to do the work that I need to. I'm trying to do the work that I would want somebody to be able to do for me, you know, And like I know that we're all doing that because just like you were talking about just when that lady came to the table to talk to you about that, like you're with her and I don't even realize that a lot of the time and stuff that I do that, you know, like he's talking about Chris, I love that dude. He calls us up man, Like I'm sure Sean's had a million times he's like, I remember when you said this and then I started doing and it.
Speaker 4: Just was man, it was great.
Speaker 2: I'm like, cool, Bud, I didn't think much of it, you know, but cool. I'm happy for you, man.
Speaker 6: But like you know, we just may not think about it as much because we're wrapped up and doing the work, and we just stay focused on that work, everything else will fall on. And it's like you said again too, justin just each of his one person that makes it completely worth it.
Speaker 2: I know, when I gotta go.
Speaker 6: And talk about what I did here, I'm going to know that that's on that list. All the other dumb stuffs on that list too, though, but uh, you know, I got that one.
Speaker 4: I think you got to look at this if you look at kind of what everybody's just talked about here in the past little little bit is we see that how we act, how we respond to situations, affects people around us. Like I look at each of you guys, and there's times when it's been a word, something you've said, something you've you know, directly told me that has made a difference. But there's so many other times, and I would say a lot more times that I see something in your walk, I see something in the way that you handle a situation. I see something I see God come through you. That's the whole point. You know, we're imagers of God. We're supposed to show God at you know, christ like in everything we do. And when I see that in people with their walk, how they present themselves, how they how they you know, just come off to people around them. I see that in you, guys, and it makes a huge difference. And that's something that I think we all, I mean, we all fall short. Like you said, we're not Jesus. Like you said, Brian, we're not Jesus. But our whole goal is to be as close to that as we possibly can. We don't want to ever have our actions or something we do, or the way that someone perceives us pull them away from Christ pull them away from God. You know, we always want to be able to tell people this is you know, this is you know, they look at you in a certain way and they see, man, why what's different? Why you know? What do you have that I don't. I mean, that's the whole point, right, is that you want people to see something different in you. And that's something different is that you have g just living inside you. That it it literally is something that can physically see in you. That's the whole point and you say, you know, you you talked about it justin which just that that girl. We meant at the conference you, I mean, you guys talk about how we do it for each other. I had a story I told I've told this before, but I had a person one time. I work in the medical field and I was working with I didn't work with this actual patient, but this patient was just in the hallway and I just one day stopped by and just said, Hey, how you doing. And the person, you know, just like what we would all say, even though we're eating up on the inside. We said, oh, we're doing great, We're fine, blah blah blah. That's what we all say, right that. I know, you love that I'm fine thing, Sean. But you know the person, the person says, but this this lady, she says, oh, I'm fine, And you know, I'm like, you know, that's that's that's great. I'm glad you're doing okay. But this person, I didn't realize the time was as down and out as they could come. You know, they had just gotten to this facility. They were going through something. They didn't know how long they were going to be. I mean, they were you know, at the pits of despair for lack of a better word. They were down about three weeks later. And I never worked with this person. But three weeks later they were getting ready to go home. That same person stops me in the hallway and they say, hey, do you remember three weeks ago when you said hi to me in the hallway? And I'm like, I mean vaguely maybe, Well, she says, She looks at me and she goes, you know, that's the one thing that got me through all this, just a smile and asking me how I'm doing. How simple is that for us to do? For people? Talk to people that you see on the street, say hi to people, wave, shake hands, kiss babies, be out there, show Christ and everything.
Speaker 1: That you do that sounds residential.
Speaker 4: Well this is, I mean, it's just the truth.
Speaker 1: Listen watching bullets?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you got my vote? Though?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you I think that's what.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about that earlier when he said the dodgeball reference.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was registering here too.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I feel like that's how God plays dodgeball. If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball. Smack. You know, Like there's a couple of teeth busted out.
Speaker 4: Six.
Speaker 1: That's not necessary. Is it necessary to drink my own urine? No? But it's sanitary and I like the taste.
Speaker 5: That's the game most of us are playing, just for a bunch of ridiculous comments.
Speaker 4: Actually, movie, just so everybody knows, that's not actually Justin in my you don't know, that's true. That's true, that's true. I guess I'm gonna leave that one alone.
Speaker 5: Though, I've never I'll say it like this, I've never seen a jugg of you'urine and Justin in the same place. So there's something to be said now. But that's I mean, I mean, that's really powerful.
Speaker 2: Justin.
Speaker 5: You know that you brought that story up because and I'll speak to you specifically right here, because I relate so much, you know, and Steve, Steve gave you the flowers of you know, you're the producer of this show, and The Dig's not the only show that you're involved with. You have Prometheus Lenz, which is also another incredible show. And boy, oh boy, dude, Brian and I know what it's like to sit up in that editing space all by yourself for hours and hours and hours and you work on something and you pour every bit of what you have into it and then you put it out and people are like, that's pretty cool, and they just keep up, you know. So God is very gracious in those moments where he lets us see like it's not all for nothing. It's not all for nothing, and we get those reminders, you know, And I think it's important to know that he doesn't, you know, with prayer and stuff. He's definitely not going to give it to you all at one time. I mean, I just don't know anybody in the Bible or in my real life that got it all at one time except for Jesus. Jesus got it all at one time. He is God, you know, and that I would imagine God gives it to himself, you know, all the way, all the time, because that's what God does. The rest of us we need those we need those signs along the way that you're headed in the right direction. You know, you have to keep on walking, and every now and then you'll run across the sign that says this way. You're like, yes, I am going in the right direction, and you know I can't that lady. I hope that she hears this podcast because I know for a fact, because I've had those moments in my life. She changed your life forever, and all the while she thought that you changed hers. That's what's really hilarious about this is because we don't know, you know. We think that other people look at us and they're like, oh man, you're doing so good, and we think completely different. It's like, no, I'm doing I'm doing really really bad. If you only knew how bad I was actually doing, you wouldn't let that leave your.
Speaker 1: Mouth hanging on by a thread over here.
Speaker 5: And then somebody comes along and changes your entire life, you know, and they don't even know it, you know. So I hope that she hears this. I hope it's a full circle moment for the both of you, that she knows that she changed your guys' life forever. You know, there won't ever be a day that you guys aren't alive that you don't think about it. And those moments are super important, and you don't get those moments by sitting still. You don't get those moments by just you know, I always say like, I wish I could pray, you know, when people just say I'm going to pray on it I'm gonna pray on it. I'm thinking, man, if I could just pray on how to get this mortgage paid, whether there be a check in my mailbox, there just won't be. You know, now, I have had moments where I needed financial support far beyond how I knew that I was going to get it, and when I stepped in, faith boomed. There they are. I had to step first. You know, the camera that you're seeing come out this as a product of me taking a step. And if I'd have took this step two years before I took it, I'd have had a camera right then too, you know, because I had a direction, I felt something pulling at me, and you know, you just kind of we stifle those things down like it can't happen. And I had talks with both of you guys, I mean, y'all know, I mean, from the first time that I encountered your podcast, I've been trying to get both y'all to quit your jobs. And I'm like, if you guys will just do it, you'll laugh because you'll see that it all just works out. And Brian did that to me for like, I don't know how many times he texted me walk out that hole. I mean it was for years, every single day, walk out that hole and I'd be like, bro, I gotta have insurance walk out, man, I'm gonna have somebody walk out. Man, I gonna walk out. And it wasn't until I walked out that boom. Life changed forever. And here we are, you know, in business five six years later. And I had no idea how to do it when I walked out, and I have no idea how I'm doing it now. All I know is God keeps making a way for me to do it. And that's that's what I need to show up and do. Is just wake up and go do it, whether you feel like doing it, whether you don't feel like doing it, whether you know. And the most important thing is is like, dude, for so long, I didn't take a step toward christ because I didn't know how to do it. I didn't know how to be a Christian. And everything that I had heard sounded like way more than I could accomplish. And guess what it's because it is it was already accomplished. It was accomplished at Cavalry. There was nothing that I could conjure up or do, or come up with or walk, or anything that I could do that could accomplish what had already been accomplished, what was already there for me, what was already mine. That's the promise. So you know, we sit around and well I don't know how to do. It doesn't matter. It's already been paid. You're paid in full. Just start walking because now your walk is going to further accomplish that for someone else. It's eternal, It lives. That's why the word lives. That's why Jesus is alive and living. I see it every I see him, every day, I see God do stuff. It was a mirror. I don't care what you say, if you were inside my head today, it's a miracle that I'm sitting in this seat right now. I didn't want to get up out of my bed. That's a miracle. And I taketed our pastor and told him it was a miracle because they're still happening. We just want to downplay what God's doing and we you know, it's we want to look around, and you know, the Bible shows all these crazy things that we think can't happen. They happen every single day. God brings people back to life every single day. He has revived me from being totally in the pits of death more than one time. I've seen it happen. I've seen it happen in your guys's life. It happens every single day. But if you're trying to figure out how to do something, you're already lost. Nothing you can do, you know, but show up. God will do the rest. If you show up every single time. You know, not one of you guys can say anything different. If you do, I'll argue with you until my camera battery dies. Hold on, it ain't gonna die. It's plugged.
Speaker 4: We got till Sunday.
Speaker 5: Right, I got time, I got hard drives like you wouldn't believe.
Speaker 2: Got time.
Speaker 5: I ain't arguing with you, and I'll tell you know, don't confuse fellowship with friends that agree with everything that you say. Those aren't your friends. If your circle of people around you never just boy. I mean, Brian's literal name on Riverside is Brillo because I started calling Brello pad boy. Yeah, it's just if all your friends.
Speaker 1: Are quias, you need a new circle of friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, fellowshipping is not coming together with a bunch of people that agree with you. If you want to do that, get on Facebook. It's a whole different f word. Fellowship and Facebook are different, and neither one are your real friends. You know, if they agree with everything that you have to say more than a handful of times. Man, I've hung up the phone with Brian and I look like Kevin Hart when his mom just whipped him in front of his friends. Will you go through to me? Look up from my friend. I'm packing up, I'm believing I'm going, you know. And he never did any of that, just because he's like, man, I can't wait to pischean off today, like I can't wait to do it. But he's done it. Well, maybe he's been a few times. He's fleshy too, you know, so maybe he did. But maybe either way it worked. You know, you're going to run across people in your life, and those are the most I don't care how they make you feel. Boy, if they're if and listen, If they disagree with everything you say and they give you advice and you see him doing something totally different, those aren't your friends either. But the ones that walk it like they talk it, and they tell you how it is despite of your mental state. Despite of how depressed you are, despite of how sad or mad or happy you are. I mean, there's also been times, man. I remember one time I caught Brian. I had the biggest retainer client ever. I might celebrating in my head that I'm going to land in this thing. He's like, Nah, that's not enough, You're not charging enough. And I'm like, what, Like, I worked so hard to bring that number. But because he challenged me, guess who come out with a bigger number? I did because I considered it. I considered that he's seen something I couldn't see because I was emotional, you know, And he didn't let me settle for what my emotions were telling me. He just told me the truth. And you know why he's able to tell me the truth, because that man brings big numbers. So I'm gonna listen, you know, So don't crowd you know. And Stephen, you do that to me justin me, and you have done that.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 5: I would rather disagree until I'm blue in the face. If we can get to a point where we all agree that's what it is right. We all agree that Jesus is worth us taking this walk. We all agree on that. So everything else we disagree with after that sweep out on the rug, it don't matter. We'll get somewhere on that. We all have the same goal, the same vision, the same place. We're all headed towards the promised Land. But I promise you, you know that's toxic. You know there's gonna be some people that listen to this right now, and I hope I challenge you on your circle of people. Look around. If the people that you talk to every day don't get you, like that Kevin Hart scene where you're just packing up your stuff and you're running away, maybe so mad. It's not the right people. It's not the right people. They're not telling you the truth. You are screwing up somewhere in your life. You could be doing something better. Somewhere in your life. There is a decision that you do need to make. There is something hard that you need to go do, period. And if the people around you aren't telling you those things, they don't care about you, And you know what, you might need to turn around and start being that friend of embrace and tell them they don't care about you, because you'll figure out when I'm like that with people, it's when I don't care about myself. You know, I'm letting myself have those allowances. But boy, if I talk to one of y'all and I call you on something, I check you on something, best believe I'm only doing it because I already had to check myself. That's why I'm doing it, you know. So don't get fellowship confused with the thing that we do inside church, right, Like, y'all ever went to church and you know pastor cause for fellowship time? Do you ever run into somebody that's just like if things have been real, real bad, everything's horrible. No, everybody's smiling. They just got their belly full of donuts and free coffee and we're shaking hands and everything is all good in the world. That's a lie. That's not the right type of fellowship. When you can sit down like this and you can have a talk and people can be honest and open and hey, I'm broke. I'm broke, too cool, let's figure out how to let's figure out how to piece ourselves back together and hold each other a caountle. There's something real, real special in that, and you know we've gotten to see it. I've gotten to see it a lot in my business walk with Brian, and the whole time I thought this man was teaching me business and he was just teaching me how to walk with the Lord. Because if God hadn't put someone like him, that would be abrasive with me. Because listen, I'm as hard headed as hard at y'all mean concrete up here. And God put somebody in my life that would challenge me like that, and that I had enough respect for that I would submit to that. And because he helped me develop and hone that skill. Boy, if you can't submit to the idea that you might be an idiot, the walk with the Lord is gonna be fun for you for a little while.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: If you can't, if you can't practice submission and you can't practice you know, different viewpoints of things, this gospel is gonna.
Speaker 1: Be hard humility.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, bro, I'm telling you. It's just I've sent him some videos some of the things I thought were the best in the world, literally, and he'd be like, uh, frame rate's wrong. I go back and look at it, shattered, But you know what, I ain't missed that frame rate again. Yeah, well, just the white balance, but the white balance is even set right now as you guys, you know, orange is going on back here. But it's you know, the there's just a whole lot that you know, as we talk about our shows and we talk about our walks, and you know, we discuss all of these things, it's just so so important that what we do pay attention to is the picture that we're painting for people. And we don't need to paint the mona lise and be like, look at how pretty all the while behind behind the monalyse. So there's it's just fake you know, jump off of social media, jump off, you know, jump off all that stuff. Have a real conversation with somebody, you know, go and you know, just like you said, Steve, go talk to that person, say hello, say good morning. So many cool conversations out there to be had. But you can't go in reserved, and you can't go in thinking that you're not wrong, you know those when you go in with that attitude like it or not. If you're somebody that's listening right now, if that's how you if you feel like you're so far along in your walk right now that you're in a higher position than anybody else that you're sitting in that building with You're part of the problem. You're part of the reason that somebody is saying, well, I don't go to church because all the hypocrites they're not just talking, they're not talking.
Speaker 3: An intellectual level too. So I see that a lot in this space. It's like people read and learn all this stuff and acquire all this knowledge, and they get so pompous in their you know, their view of themselves, and they'll get in discussions and arguments with people on Facebook and they won't even listen to what anybody has to say because they have it all figured out. And it's like, man, no, you know, we all have pieces of the puzzle and we need to listen to each other and take pieces from everybody and put this mosaic, you know, full life picture together because nobody's got it all figured out. You know, like Brian said earlier, if you find that guy that says he's got it all figured out, you know, as I run from those.
Speaker 5: People, get the powder out. Well, you know, it's and you guys have experienced that real life thing justin I can't tell you, and it's your fault that I see it, but it's fine. I can't tell you how many times somebody has criticized your show because you smoke cigarettes. Yes, completely discount and discredit the amount of time and work and study and just I mean, get all that out of the way, the life experience that you've went through. They literally have to set their beer down to type their comment about you smoking cigarettes. That's a part of the problem, you know. It's not just hypocritical to oh, well, they leave church and they say cuss words, they leave church, and they do this, they leave church. It's it's not about that. It's that they have to sit next to somebody that makes them feel less than when when we get in front of Jesus, we're all nothing. So it's a level playing ground. Nobody is better than anybody. And you don't have it any more figured out than I do. And if you know, I would challenge anybody you want to have that conversation with me, give me like thirty minutes on the phone with you. Give me, let me have like five backs questions, and I'll show you that you don't have it figured out. I do it with anybody, you know, and we can't be a part of that problem, you know, myself included, you know. So just so everybody I don't feel like I don't belong in that camp. I most definitely do. And when I first found the Lord Son, I bet I did that to everybody. I mean, I was like, oh, yeah, it's because you're not reading your Bible a haha. But I read mine in an hour a day. What are you talking about. I'm still a piece of crap, you know what I mean, Like past forward, all these years, I'm still struggling. I'm still going through it, still hitting my head on the same walls I've been running into for months years. You know, we don't have it figured out. I don't want to do that, but I know the guy that has it figured out. I serve the god that's got it figured out. I serve the god that has never ever missed, He's never ever failed, he's never done any of that. It's always us that think that, oh, well, we have it so much more figure And we do that because we don't get what we want. We're a bunch of spoiled brats. And that's just it, myself included, you know, So anybody listening, you know, don't be a part of that problem.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: Like I cannot tell you, guys how much it meant to me that, and it's one of your ex podcasts. Me, it's so crazy how everything's so intertwined. You know how much it meant to me to have a friend that just walked me down the aisle at church when I didn't feel I felt like when I step in there, I'm going to bust into flames, you know. And I can't tell you how much it meant to me. When the pastor gave me a key to the church. I think I even told you about that. I was like, holy, me me because I had to break I later found out everybody had the code for the key at the church. It wasn't just me. It made me feel special at the time, but I didn't have it figured out that like, oh, we're all the same. We're all the same, and we're all broken and we're all struggling and we're all going through it. So when you get there, you know, don't feel so special in that, and definitely don't hold it back because the darkness that you feel can be the light that pulls somebody else out of theirs. So when you go to the valley, remember that God said, come to the valley and I'll speak to you there. When you go there, you're not going to be captured by that darkness. It's already. There's nothing you could do to pull yourself from that point except for go back to the feet of Jesus. If you can make it back there. I don't care if you have to crawl. I don't care if you're bleeding. I don't care if you're a quadrantplegic, like Brian said, and you have to roll your way all the way to Calvary, you better get there. You better get there because that's going to be the only place that you have any piece. You'll figure out that it's a level playing ground. You'll learn humility, you'll learn patience, you'll learn all that. You know. When I have to learn how to be patient, it's because I've been so unpatient with somebody and I'm eaten crow from it. Now I'm gonna be a little bit more patient when I'm not being humble at all. Brian puts a video out on Instagram so fired, and I'm like, Okay, let me get back to work. You don't got to figure it out at all. You will. I barely even know how to turn this thing on. Next to that, you know, when I see you guys. And I'm podcasting. I'm like, oh, man, podcast is doing good. We got thirteen listeners. I flip over y'all's YouTube channel, Humble Boom Humble, you know, and it's those are such great moments. But man, it's just poisonous when you think that you're in a competition with anybody, you're not. God has us running our own race, and guess what we worry about who's going to finish ahead of us, only to figure out that we might not even make it to the same destination because we've been so distracted with everybody else. It's a part of the problem, you know. So it's a level playing ground everybody that's listening right now. I don't care how many years you read the Bible. You know better than me and I know better than you. And we've got something to teach one another. And that's what we need to spend our time on, is you know, where what what can we learn from one another? What is it that we can take from each other resources? And you know, Steve, and I think you said it earlier. You know, maybe it feels bad to say we're using people, but now everybody uses everybody. It's only bad when you use them to get your leg up. When you use them just to crush them underneath you. That's when using people's bad. Listen, I'm gonna use every one of y'all. Every one of y'all, I'm gonna use you, but I'm gonna use you because I'm gonna get to it. If it propels me. I got my arm out pulling you up with it. It's just how it's gonna go. Because we're all the same, We're all the same headed to the same point. So it's just people get lost in the sauce with that's a big ramble. I apologize, but I just you know, it's what I'm feeling. Yeah, let me reel it in FORO. I just go hell, fire and brimstone on everybody.
Speaker 4: Y'all going to hell.
Speaker 3: Everybody uses that race analogy, right, Well, well, look at race horses. Race horses have those blinders on because if they're looking at the person running beside them losing the race, they're looking ahead, and that's you know, everybody likes to use that race analogy. But we need to apply the tactics of a race horse. We gotta have our blinders on and not be looking to everybody else worrying what they're doing and comparing ourselves to them, and we got to run our race and be looking ahead.
Speaker 5: It's a good example. Bro Here, I am talking about running a race. I had no idea. That's why those things are on those horses. I thought it was just I thought the horses had to be dressed as stupid as the people riding them. That's what I thought. Look, I'm learning now. I appreciate that. Yeah, I'm humbled. I had I had no idea.
Speaker 4: I want to thank you guys very much for taking the time to come on with us. I want you, I want everybody out there listening to if you enjoy this kind of free flowing conversation, real life talk, like working through our relationship with Jesus. That's what this is all about. That's what these guys are gonna They're gonna talk about real life stuff. They're going to talk about, you know, just their walk and the struggles they have. And this is something that we'll speak to a lot of people. This is their witnesses, their testimony. I think it's important, So jump on listen to the Vessels podcast. I know they can listen to you. What you guys are on YouTube. You guys are on Spotify. I don't know where else you guys are at all, right, fair enough, they're out there. Look for the vessels pot.
Speaker 5: I know we're on Spotify, YouTube, Amazon Music. I think that's what you use, right, Steve.
Speaker 4: Apple, Amazon, all those things.
Speaker 5: No, I'm talking about. Where do you listen?
Speaker 4: I listen to you on on Apple.
Speaker 5: I think it's okay. So we're on Apple too. I think we're on Amazon.
Speaker 4: We're out there, so listen, listen in you'll enjoy the show. And just as always, justin. We talk about this every time. You know, it is important for us to be in our bibles. It's important for us to have that walk. But it is always important to.
Speaker 1: Question, keep dig, We steal the.
Speaker 7: Fisil, not to rude, not terrain, just to see through smoke and heroes and call Beace my name. They say the truth will cost you fans. Confid be somebody as the same rewas a softer face, swim fires.
Speaker 2: Let us be