Speaker 1: It's time to get rambling. What is up, guys, Welcome back to the Ramblin About Wrestling podcast. I'm your host, Nick Pearl, and I'm pissed off. This road to wrestle Mania has been very sucky. There's really no other way to say it. There's been some great builds like Opa Femi and Brock Lesner that should be the main event, but it's gonna open night too instead, which is fine, it's gonna get people to want to watch the show. But looking at the build and I have the card pulled up for each day and these are probably the most pixelated graphics you would ever see. On paper. The card looks fantastic, it really does. Cody Rhodes versus Randy Orden's a great match. Stephanie Vuker Lived Morgan another great match, aj Lee Becky Lynch Gum through seth Ronalinds. Matches on Night one are great. Then Night two Sammy's a and Shrick Williams a sleeper pick to steal the entire weekend. By the way, uh Dean and Finn Balor and Dirty Dom Roman Reigns see them punk. These matches all on paper look fantastic, but what about the build. Look at this ladder match. They just kind of threw people in there, and it's like, all right, we had qualifying matches on main event over the last two months, So you're gonna tell me that Penta, before he had the championship, decided that he was gonna have a ladder match with a bunch of random people. Nana, That ain't that ain't right. But we could talk about the build for all these other matches a whole nother time, and we will on the WrestleMania round Table this year. But my issue is with the celebrity involvement. WWE has done a good job at having other celebrities like Bad Bunny. Bad Bunny's been great. Everybody loves Bad Bunny. He came into the company kind of people were rubbed the wrong way. He sung his song Booker t at the Royal Rumble, then he had a great performance at WrestleMania. He showed up in the World Rumble, and he had a phenomenal matchup against Adamian Priest at Backlash. Bad Bunny cares. Therefore I care about Bad Bunny. Think of like even Logan Paul was an outsider and now I may not necessarily like the guy. I think he's turned over a new leaf and I can respect the work that he's doing. Good on you, logan, Paul, But this is WrestleMania. This is not the super Bowl. When you want to watch the super Bowl, you know that, Oh, we're gonna have some celebrity involvement. We're gonna have some people performing in the in the halftime show, We're gonna have some people shown in the crowd, stuff like that. You know when you watch the super Bowl, you're going to see celebrities. So WrestleMania is like WWE super Bowl. I don't have a problem with that. They've had celebrity involvement for years, but they were their own separate thing. Or it was like a one night let them interact and that'll be like a Kevin and Owen's power bombing machine gun, Kelly, that happened. You remember it because it was a one off and it didn't really change things. Pat McAfee, we'll talk about him first, because this is the big issue. I like Pat McAfee. He is great in the WWE. He returned, but I don't want to see him return this way. This man's about to pull up a chair if we'll. Hardie just got here, so maybe he'll join in the podcast because he's got no other choice. Good guy, Blardy, Welcome to the podcast, Fallardi. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Stuff?
Speaker 1: All right? Fix fix that side, make sure it's make sure it's right. It's not right. Oh this is the switch too, but my switch to down. Oh okay, anyway, yeah he could PLoP down exactly what I figured you were gonna do. So, Ballardi, we were just about to talk about Pat McAfee and his involvement in the WWE Championship story line at WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: So what do I love Pat?
Speaker 1: Yes? I was just saying that I love had to.
Speaker 3: I always say I want him to return. I want him to return. He should not have returned for this, not this way, not this way. Maybe if it was a surprise he was a commentator. Yeah, they jumped him and then he low blowed Cody during the match as a commentator. Maybe, but having him directly involved it this much is just please buy tickets. We haven't sold any tickets.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the other thing. He had this big announcement for SmackDown, building it up all week. You know what it was twenty five percent Well, Night one tickets. Night two sucks. Don't buy tickets for that night, buy them for Night one.
Speaker 2: It's the one one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look see how bid these graphics? Yeah, he looked look at this graphic and even on the T shirt and stuff he's on the which is it just looks atrocious.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about a good T shirt right now?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the one that we got last year in Vegas. It's a great T shirt.
Speaker 2: The one I might get another one of this year.
Speaker 1: You're not going to Vegas? Are you? Anyway? We don't. I like how Pat McAfee is involved so much. Celebrities should not be involved in big time storylines like this, Pat McAfee, I like the guy. You like the guy, not like this. This is a few Cody Rhods and Randy Orton that has been I guess in the making, like twenty years in the making. Yeah, at least so when you have all this history to touch on with Dusty Rhodes, cowboy Bob.
Speaker 3: Orden Coddy literally getting fired because he couldn't beat Randy.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's make Pat McAfee the one that was in Randy Orton's here this entire time telling him. You know, this is how you should do it. This is how you should do things.
Speaker 3: It could be a twist, it could be as Black was in the background, and yeah, this is something getting the storyline Cross should have gotten. Yeah, and I feel like he might have been the puppet master and he's playing both of them.
Speaker 1: See, that would be something very interesting. But I would not do it. They're not going to do it, and I wouldn't have had him in the background for the first time this week. The other thing, they don't forget so many different pieces in this puzzle for how they're gonna have the story come along. You got Pat mac if you got Randy Worden, you got Coody Rhodes, Alista Black. You can't forget about the most important one. Jelly Roll. Oh, he was like, where is he going with that one? Jelly Roll has been in the most segments out of anybody on it, most of the smackdowns, and I mean he does bring name recognition, right.
Speaker 3: Not my favorite one because of the storyline too, because of the World Cup song.
Speaker 1: But that's that's what happened with the World Cup.
Speaker 2: It's not a good World Cup.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, jelly Roll obviously, I was saying before how bid Bunny. He cares about the business. He put on great.
Speaker 2: Matches people, but he was in the match. Everyone loved it.
Speaker 3: Yes, And we want to notice how once a storyline was done, they didn't try to force him down our throats.
Speaker 2: He took time off. He's back touring the world. Welcome to America.
Speaker 1: Please come to Yeah, please come back, bed Bunny.
Speaker 2: But you can't just throw like random celebrities in and say, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not every he's gonna be the biggest storyline of the year. You're gonna be the cause of it. Does It just doesn't make sense. They built Bunny up. Well, we love the guy Jelly Roll. He did have a match as SummerSlam and he took the pin because he is a very kind person. He said, you know what, I'm not gonna win. I'll take the loss.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 1: He's not one and one in wrestling matches. He beat Kit Wilson on an episode of SmackDown. Did you know this?
Speaker 2: It's very toxic.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you shouldn't have your top one of your top storylines of what should be your top storyline with all this celebrity involvement, is what I'm trying to say, And it's not just Pat McAfee. It's not just Jelly roll you have with Trick Williams. Who's the guy with Trick, Liliatti? Do you like Lily Yacht?
Speaker 2: I like this gave me a lot of good memories back in middle school.
Speaker 1: But like, I think it's cool that he's coming out with Trick, but it actually pisses me off when he's coming out and they're chanting, whooped that Trick. He's like, I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 2: It's not for me, Maybe it's not the only one person could do that.
Speaker 1: It's true, but like Little YACHTI is a guy that yes, it's good for It's good exposure for both of them.
Speaker 2: Li Yacht doesn't need the exposure.
Speaker 1: He doesn't need the exposure. But there is this a Trick were to win the United States Championship at Wrestleming is just gonna be standing in the background, just like Travis Scott. He's Little YACHTI is gonna be in the background of the trading card of all the pictures of Trick winning this belt, and then if something goes wrong down the line, they're gonna have to try and erase them. It's like Travis Scott was there when he Seena turned heel. He was there when Sina won the title, and what did Travis Scott do? Nothing? That's it. I gotta change it's still my alarm. I don't know. I just haven't changed it. I mean, oh, Speed, how do we forget about his Speed?
Speaker 2: He's doing good.
Speaker 1: Speed is doing good.
Speaker 3: It is a good example of how to book a celebrity. But then again, him Logan Paul, they're freak athletes.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to stop talking for two seconds. Okay, back to spoo.
Speaker 3: Him Logan Paul. They're freak athletes. You put them in whatever show you want and they'll perform amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I don't have a problem with this. And they only put this match up together like the six Man's tag with Speed, well, yeah, because of Dan Hausen. And he's been doing great stuff too. He's been the highlight of like every show he's on. He doesn't even do much.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 1: Anyway, and Curse Speed and La Night are taking it upon themselves to build this match on social media. That's what Speed's major thing is. And he's also been a wrestling fan. Speed was also in the World Rumble and he had one of the best spots in recent Rumble history. Taking that spear from Rodbrey, any eliminated otis he had an elimination in the Rumble? Do you remember half? It counts. It counts to the record books.
Speaker 2: If you were one of the twin many people it took to eliminate a big show. Does that still count?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I would say something whatever. Whatever. Speed is like a bad bunny where we appreciate him. You know, they love it. I'm all for it, like a Logan Paul. I don't know about je I mean Jelly Will, Yeah, but Pat McAfee, it's just he loves it. He cares about it. He's great at what he does. He's a great commentator. But he was the last time he saw him, he was just getting beat. We saw him get choked out by Gunther at WrestleMania. After WrestleMania, sorry.
Speaker 2: Orton did come back to Jordan.
Speaker 1: Ye're not talking about Orton, but yeah, it's true he did atle Bit. There could be a bit of a connection anyway, whatever, whatever, Yeah, and then he lost to Gunther at whatever pay per view that was. And then now he's back all of a sudden as a heel. I just don't think it makes much sense. And the way that they're trying to build this is McAfee's the company guy, backing one of their It's like all they're doing the authority all over again, and nobody liked the authority. Yeah, that's it. He has yet to punch somebody. All we wanted last year Owens, that's all we wanted. It was gonna happen, and then you know, unfortunately everything with with the Owens happened. Do you think it's gonna be a good match. Do you think they're gonna overbook it?
Speaker 3: They're gonna overbook it, but knowing Randy, he'll try to still put the match on his back.
Speaker 1: Well, I think Orton's gonna try really really hard, and it's just not gonna work because they're positioning Ordon as a heel and if you remember last year in Vegas, it's.
Speaker 2: A natural hell. You can't force him as a heel, that's yes.
Speaker 1: And they're trying to force it. And then with McAfee taking center stage with all the beatdowns and stuff, he's cutting the promo, Orton just beating up. It's just a really weird visual. But I just do not like how well the celebrities are just on television more than a bunch of the wrestlers. Yeah, it's terrible. Tko is horrible. That's my thoughts on the state of the celebrities in the WWA. We could go on and on and on, but quite frankly, the more we talked, the more pissed I'm gonna get. And it's just a shame, it really is. Maybe WRESTLEMANI, you'll still be good. Like I said, on paper, I think it's good at Fallardi. On paper, it looks like a good show.
Speaker 3: Looking at the graphics, yeah, looking at other than them being pop out mcafeel a little bit, Yeah, crop out.
Speaker 2: For a belt because they both deserve it.
Speaker 3: Actually should have been in the w W champions trade because she doesn't I like Jade.
Speaker 1: I think that that actual surprise.
Speaker 3: Change trick versus Sammy to Sammy can't win at any cost because no one wants to see Sammy Hogan hold the belt for another two seconds you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And they're going to do a double turn, which they didn't need to do, because yeah, I like that choice. But again, this is not the wrestling your Round table. We'll be having that very soon. I've been your host, Nick pel this has been the guy Vallardi making appearance halfway through the episode. And we really don't like celebrities in.
Speaker 2: The w w A I basically, we really don't celebrity appearance.
Speaker 1: You did, welcome, Thank you for coming in. All right, we'll catch you guys on the next one. Let's keep rambling everybody
Speaker 2: Now they now have none at