Speaker 1: Oh, we continue on thread Rogan Rodney Pete on AM five to seventy LA Sports. Uh so the Dodgers are well, there may be a roster spot open. Let's just put it like that. There might be a roster spot open, and we will talk about that, I promise coming up later on in this hour, but in our two hour program. Now, let us welcome on our colleague, our NBA insider from the LA Times, Dan Wyking and Dan, thanks for being here.
Speaker 2: Fred. You know, after a big game, there's almost nowhere else I'd rather be A sleep would be one, sure, and then you know, on with you and Rodney's number two.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was going to say, is sleep number one anywhere? Else? Number two? With us number three? But at least we made the list either way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're on. You're on the list, which is like ultimately right, Like it's uh, what did my mother say? Is that that? You know, it doesn't matter what they call you as long as they call you like amen?
Speaker 1: All right, So it's funny, Dan, I watched the game last night. As a matter of fact, now I'm watching all the games because they're exciting and because I care, and I think just acquiring Luca as an overview here has made people care again because I think the Lakers that lost some o their luster, well.
Speaker 2: They're certainly like, Okay, so when you see twenty years of excellence, right, like there's a fatigue to that. You know, like, like what more can Lebron do at this point that is new and exciting territory that he hasn't already done in Cleveland and Miami and Franklin, Right Like this stuff is all you don't want to say it's all old that, but like we've seen it all before and this is an injection of life and excitement and new franchise that is always sort of built to not just embrace that stuff, but really highlighted. Like there's just something about it. And I know I'm going to sound like a Laker fanboy, and that's not if anybody knows me that that's not the case in any real way. But it's just like, you know, there's like something to like seeing you know, Luka Dacic firing behind the back passes out d Austin vis that like it makes you think about Magic Johnson in a way that it wouldn't have happened if he was doing it for Sae, the Charlotte Hornets, like you wouldn't be longing for the days of Kelly Trapuca, you know. Or like basically there's like three or four franchises where it's like, you know, really you can really elicit these types of feelings and Los Angeles is one of them. And Fred, it makes total sense to me that you're locked in like it's it is sort of a you don't know what you're going to see other than you know you're going to see something spectacular, and uh, it's pretty exciting.
Speaker 1: Well it was exciting last night. Looka playing against the MAVs. We'll go backwards Anthony Davis. He got a nice reception, didn't he from the fans?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, And I mean I think, you know, it's one of the weird parts about this trade, right, is that there were no disgruntled parties, like seemingly other than the Mavericks organization and leadership, you know that that everybody else was basically like it is, you know, has good feelings generally speaking about the trade. I think not that Anthony Davis wanted to be traded, but I mean I think, you know, he's excited for the opportunity, not excited that he's not on the court, but but you know, this is a next step for him in a franchise that has you know, some some real some real belief in him and the immediacy. And I think for Max Christie, it's obviously a real opportunity to to do a little bit more than he was going to do in la Uh. For Lukatanachi, it's an opportunity you know, to be a global superstar in a way that he's not, but like, you know, to really focusing on ad Like I mean, I think he's one of those players that you know, like his number will be in the rafters right, like there's no doubt and even though it's like not that many games and stuff like that, Like when you look at like what he did for five year is a Laker, you know, you know, the the pure statistics, they are on par with virtually any big man per game that that's that's played for the Lakers. Like he's in that class statistically, He's won a championship, he'll be a Hall of Famer. He's a top seventy five all time player. Like I thought that moment was really well done. He's hit some iconic shots. I mean, you know, you could argue, and I think it's a would be a fun argument maybe for a later day that like the mamba shot in the bubble is like the biggest Laker shot of the Lebron James era, single biggest shot, you know, And and it wasn't a Lebron James shot. And so I think, you know, he deserves his flowers. I'm always underrated. I think, you know, he's a really really good bass player and a great dude, and I think, you know, I know people were very sad to see him go inside the organization because of how highly people thought of him.
Speaker 1: All right, But and then that brings us to Luca Donchs and he openly admitted it was kind of weird for him last night, kind of an yeah, very are feeling could you sense that in the arena? Totally?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think yea. I tweeted this during the game. But like the line I've been going with is it It reminded me fred of my presidential fitness tests when I was in junior high where you take on the mile and you just hit that for you hit that first six hundred meters a little just kind of what it felt like to me like you're a little guessed up, and you know, you realize you just got a long race ahead of you. And I think like emotionally it felt like that, right, Like, the emotion in the first fourteen to sixteen minutes of that game was so high that it was like it was it was really hard to keep it up. And you could see Luca affected, right, Dallas just swarming him on defense, throwing double teams, totally mucking up the game and doing so really effectively. Right credits Jason Kid credits of those maps for what they were able to do in that game. But you know, I think the Lakers poise, they showed patience, and this is this is one of the real benefits of this pairing, right, is that you know, on a night where Luca isn't his best, by the way, still hasn't absurd what nineteen fifteen and twelve triple double. Yeah, And you know Austin Reeves is really good and Lebron James is otherworldly when it matters and winning time, and you know that's kind of the waves the Lakers can hit you with now. And it's uh, you know they could do it with Anthony Davis too. It's just different when like when you can just kind of run everything through a player, you know, and that that really isn't the case for it, Like they would have to try to make Anthony Davis the hub. Like there's no trying with Luca, right, Like the ball is his, the offense is his, and everybody else is gonna have to figure it out. And and Lebron James Austin Reeves, Lakers have two tremendous players when it comes to figuring it out.
Speaker 1: Nico Harrison was the other general manager, so he can go to road games because he can't go to home games after making that deal, and.
Speaker 2: That's well, they thank them at the road games. They have different chants and.
Speaker 1: Laker fans were very appreciative of Nico.
Speaker 2: Look, I think you know you feel for you feel for people who are in these decitions to have to make these hard decisions. And I'll say, like credit credit to the Garrison. He was not hiding yesterday. He was you know, bright blue suit front and center and pregame. It was very interesting watching people kind of like you know, in some ways like sheepishly approach him, you know what I mean, Like how's it going, Like how you doing? Like kind of like the first time you see your buddy after a divorce or something like that, where it's like, how's how's everything everything, like where you don't really want to know the answer, you know, like those kinds of questions. That's sort of how it felt like. You know, he's a relationships guy around this league, like every team has worked with him. He has particularly close relationships with the Lakers because of his time with Kobe Bryant and Nike, so not surprising to see Lakers people kind of interact with him, you know, I do think right like it is like like Dallas had its reasons. They may not be good reasons, but they had them, And I do think that, Like, you know, it'll be over the next two seasons, you know, which is what the current contract is. I assume there will be an extension. You know, there's more money to come, so over the next five six seasons of this this you know experience with Luka Doncic, Like, we'll see if those reasons manifest in Los Angeles. I think, you know, that should be a real consideration. I just haven't talked to anybody really fred around the league who thinks this is a good idea for Dallas really like that just hasn't like that, you know, almost no matter what you would say that it's still like you. You would just figure it out because the whole point is to get players as good as Luka Doncic.
Speaker 1: You can never give away the Greatstan You just can't do it. You cannot let one of the game.
Speaker 2: They gave away, of the they gave away the best player in the trade and the youngest star in the trade. Two like you, you could envision a world right where the roles are reversed and say, like, Okay, Denver, I'm just making stuff up here that Denver would would have a a you know, a Nicola Jokic sort of consideration because Luka Dati is just four years younger, you know what I mean, Like you could talk yourself into something like that. Maybe it's it's to me, it's just the word that I keep hearing when I talk to people around like you short sighted. This was a short sighted decision from Dallas and the Lakers were are are in the unique position both the benefit benefit from it in the short term and benefit in the long term too. It really they've really been given a lifeline here and it's pretty incredible. They're playing like it.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, given the way they're playing, let's just look at the lake now, they've won fifteen of nineteen, one game behind Denver and Memphis, and the loss column for the number two seed in the West. I think we can agree all of a sudden, they're legit. They're really in the conversation. But now things get tough, Dan, Now the schedule picks up, and are we going to find out who they are right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know, I think the biggest question right is like how real is the defense? You know, so much of it is predicated currently on effort. You mentioned that nineteen game span. We'll kick it back another game to twenty games. They have the best defense in the NBA over the last twenty games in terms of efficiency, which is anybody who watched them, like me, played the first twenty games of this season is sort of laughable, Like that's crazy, Like they were good for like a week to start the season and then they were pretty atrocious defensively, Like that switch is flipped, you know, like they are flying around the court defensively, and you know a lot of it has been effort and energy, Well effort, energy is going to get tested here a bunch at home, because you know it's Minnesota. It's two with the Clippers, you know, like New Orleans will come through. But then it's the Knicks, then it's the Celtics. You know you're gonna catch Milwaukee here soon. You know, the good the good teams are coming right, like really now, I think the promising thing right as you mentioned that fifteen to nineteen stretch, Fred, look at who they've lost to it. It hasn't been the challenges, right, it's been sort of the Snoozers losing the Utah losing to Charlotte, getting waxed by like a third of the Philadelphia seventy six ers. Yeah, you know there's a there's a Clippers loss in there, you know. And the Spurs loss are kind of the the other two and the twenty game span. The Spurs loss was the first game after the Fires. The Clippers, the first Clippers loss, I believe was their first game to into it them like they didn't have Vic Dorian Finney Smith had just come back and and the energy wasn't there for them in that game. But you know, when when they've been able to like put their put their foot on the gas and they've done it when the situation is demanded it. They've been one of the best teams in the NBA, and it is a you know, it has been a big enough sample. Twenty games is like enough of an NBA sample where you start to you start to make real assumptions like maybe that's just who this team is. It is like a really tough, tough, tough nose, you know, defensive minded team that has you know, three just excellent offensive players as well. And if that's the case, that's that's what a contender looks like.
Speaker 1: A real right now, this this is a conversation we would not have had six weeks ago.
Speaker 2: With Anthony Davis. No, right, all right, I was just kind of getting there with them, Fred, like just sort of getting there is sort of like maybe this team has a shot at a deep run. Was kind of where I was at versus Now it's like, oh, no, Like they can go into playoff series credibly and have the two best players on the team on the court on their team.
Speaker 1: Right that thing said when we get to the playoffs, Uh, you look at the West, I'm a fleet. If they're filing on all cylinders, I think now they can win the West, And I didn't think that six weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, you know, like parody cuts both ways, right. I do think that the West sort of feels open. I think that if we like took deep, like real deep Haart looks at four or five teams in the West, we could have sort of similar conversations right about their chances. Really basically everybody other than the Oklahoma City Thunder like involves like some level of speculation. But but I think, you know, I think the the things that I'm seeing right is like, you know, you have a team like Memphis who it sort of feels like they've been there and like they're gonna need to go to another level of the playoffs that they've never really gotten through, right, Like they've sort of had their cracks at this and it flamed out. The Thunder is obviously the ascending team. Minnesota is fighting to be who they were last year. They're not quite the here. You know, Houston has inexperienced, you know, the the Clippers are are kind of a try hard group. You know, we'll see like I mean, the Warriors suddenly seem pretty sneaky and dangerous. But you know, the Lakers have handled them. They haven't handled this version of them. WHI Jimmy Butler. But you know that's that's interesting. They feel like there's a crack like I mean, the Denver Nuggets certainly to me Saturday's game notwithstanding, I feel like a very dangerous team, but not to the not to the level that they were. So yeah, I mean you can kind of see it like it was. It was funny the other day, you know, are Los Angeles' favorite son of one of them? Maggie Johnson tweeted something like this Lakers team has a chance to make the Western Conference Finals, and I was like, whoa magic? Like now all of a sudden, you're you're you're off the hyperbole on the social media, like like why stop at the Western Conference finals with this group? Like like honestly, like, if you think this team can win two playoff series, then you probably think they can win three. And it was surprising to me to see him kind of He's usually a pretty excited guy and certainly reactive to the moment, and I thought like, this was a moment you could really get behind. It's like you watch them just you know, beat the pants off of Denver and in a way, that it's like, wow, it's kind of all coming together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So if you look at it like that and the stars aligned and they somehow can win the West again six weeks ago, this is not a conversation. But if they did, now you look forward and who's there, Cleveland or Boston I meant to win the whole thing or no.
Speaker 2: I mean, we'll see, right, Like, I think those teams have both had better seasons than the Lakers, but like, okay, let's let's let's put on our tinfoil hats here. If you're Adam Silver, you're talking about things like ratings and stuff like that, and I hate going down this road, but like, think about the storylines between either of those two series, Lebron James and Cleveland for an NBA Finals in year twenty one, like twenty two, Like that's crazy, that's nuts. Or you get Luca getting his first taste the Lakers Celtics, you know, you know, yeah, I mean it feels like it's all sort of there for this to be like a real like historic playoff, you know, for the league in general. And I think and I think, look, even if it's not the Lakers, I was on I was on the herd earlier today, and I said this, like, I mean, you know, if it's the Thunder like that feels like a team that's going to be here for a little while, right Like there is a you know, if it's the Warriors sort of last stand, it's really set up for this West to be to be really interesting. And I think there are a lot of teams that have pretty good arguments for a place in this I think the thing that I would say right to your point in the past, you'd really have to squint for the Lakers one, you know, and you can be clear eight about it. Right now, it's it's like the list of things that has to go right for the Lakers to make the conference finals or the finals has gotten much more attainable, Uh, when you have a player like Luka Doncic, because like we just I mean we saw it. That's the most mind boggling thing about the trade to me is that, like we just saw last year, how he can win playoff series. I don't want to say single handedly, but by being the dominant player right by being the unsolvable problem, like we just saw it. And now he's going to enter a postseason with Lebron James.
Speaker 1: All right, nich that's yeah, it is. And I want to thank you for continuing on this season with us because it makes uh, it warms the cockles of our heart.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. All right, I'm glad you added the hard part.
Speaker 1: All right, Dan, thanks for jumping on. Appreciated, right, take care. All right, let's get into the Dodgers now. One question. Apparently it's spring training. Maybe there is a roster spot open for grabs and we'll talk about that next.
Speaker 3: That's right, Rogan and Roddy down the home stretch, two hours show today. Sure, sure it spread, Freddy, all right, let's talk Dodgers. Let's talk them, okay, and you know, everything is rosy. And by the way, for those that say, well, you know, what's their exhibition record, who cares?
Speaker 1: The games don't count. It doesn't matter. It's completely irrelevant, and they're just trying to work stuff out. Okay, Well, if they ask you, fred the regular season doesn't count either, so well, not really. The playoffs count, but certainly, let me put it like this, the regular season counts a little more than the play the preseason, right, fair enough? Okay, So the only question seemed to be who's going to be on the roster the end of the roster. Now, you know, they acquired the second basement from Korea Kim and everybody said he had a magnificent cloth. Apparently that is the case if you look at his highlights on YouTube or you talk to the people at Camelback Ranch. This guy can play defense and the guy can also run. But even when they first signed him, word was he didn't have a great bat. Now the Dodger coaches believe that they can get him to a point where he's going to be a viable big league hitter. But certainly from a defensive standpoint, is not even an issue. Rodney. I mean, he's like a gold glove guy already. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you've seen him watch and he even watched a little bit of highlights, if you've seen spring training, he is he is phenomenal with the glove. Yeah, but that is the question that was a question before they signed him. You know, how would he be at the plate.
Speaker 1: And then of.
Speaker 3: Course there will be an adjustment, you know, going from playing in Korea and the face now facing major league pitching. That's a big adjustment. So there will be a learning curve for him, and you know, we just don't know how long that's going to be and how long it's going to take him to adjust. It used to be, you know, you know, Fred, back in the seventies and eighties, in Major League baseball, if you were playing second base or shortstop, it didn't really matter a whole lot. You didn't have to have a great bat offensively, it was it was secondary to your defense. They wanted you to be an exceptional defensive shortstop or second baseman. And if you you know, if you hit two twenty, that's okay, if you're two ten, that's okay. Nowadays you got to produce on the offensive side of it. So so we'll see, we'll see. I think time will tell. I'm you know, it's it's early for him and he's you know, just getting his feet wet with the major league pitching.
Speaker 1: So we got to give him some time. The thing is, given the fact that he does appear to struggle, and that's a decision now that they've made really quickly. They're floating around the idea, maybe we start him in triple A, you know, let him work on his bat, let him get some confidence, let him get up to speed, and if that happens, there's your roster spot. Now before you go any further, and you go, well, that was stupid for him to trade Gavin Lucks, right, because that's the first thing you would say is, oh my god, they traded Gavin Lucks and this guy can't hit. No, this is a long term play, and they believe Gavin lux had hit a ceiling here at least. So if that's the case, then you know, Okay, now we have an opening at second base. So then the question becomes, okay, Rodney, what do you do because we know Mookie's gonna play short.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you got options. I mean that's the beauty of the Dodgers. You've got a lot of options. I mean, Chris Taylor can play second base, Key K can play second base. You can move Edmund into second base and have Pahz play center field, or Chris Taylor plays center field, Key K plays center field. The Dodgers are built this way that it doesn't matter. They have options, and they have enough guys that can play multiple positions that they're insulated against. Someone may that may have a slow start or maybe struggling a little bit offensively, they can replace that player immediately with guys on that team and on that roster. So if he starts in triple A, which by the way, might not be a bad thing, just to take some pressure off of him and to get him as many at bats as possible early in the season, because at some point I think he will be you know, uh, you know, an important piece to this Dodger team. But but there's no, there's nothing wrong with him starting in triple A. And because if he's he's with the big club, you know, he probably won't play every day, you know, and so he's not going to get the number of a vats that he would get in triple A. So go down there, get as many as the bats as you can, get comfortable, and then bring him up slowly.
Speaker 1: So that means who who's on, who's in, who's not going anywhere? So the name, I think, and we'll have David vass On by the end of the week. How about it. When Rosario m obviously a big league guy and he's played for the Dodgers, and when he did, he looked pretty good. He's kicked around his little bit, but at one yeah, he's having and he's having a good spring. Yeah, could that be the guy if they start Kim and the miners, and if they had him on the roster, I have to tell you I think he would play, because you're right in Rosario. Yeah yeah, I mean, I don't think they're gonna put him on the roster and let him sit there and Wan. Well, here's the other thing. Do you how you know.
Speaker 3: How much are you going to use Chris Taylor? Say Kim does go down? You know what what is that? How often are you going to use Chris Taylor? You're going to give him reps the kid to see if he can get back to form that he had a couple of years ago. Are you gonna let Key k be a regular second basement if you put Kim down? Or are you going to go with what I said? You know, move Edmunds into the infield and now you've got your outfield and you allow Pahz to continue to grow at center field. They've got a lot of choices, a lot of options, and it's a good problem to have, but sometimes it can keep you up at night.
Speaker 1: It's like, what do we do?
Speaker 3: You know we have we brought in Rosario, He's proven he could be effective in Major League World Series MVP and we got to play him, you know, and so it's, uh, it's gonna be tough, but but you know, again, it's a good problem to have.
Speaker 1: It just seems to me, who's gonna play second base? It's that simple, because I don't think anybody's moving. I don't think at the beginning of the year they're gonna start putting Mounsie at second and somebody at third, just moving guys around.
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't think so either. I don't think I think Munsey is your third baseman. I I see it it shifting probably with key k If if that doesn't work, I could see them bringing Edmund in and having him play second base.
Speaker 1: That opens up the outfield.
Speaker 3: So if they decide, okay, we're gonna we're gonna put Kim and start him in triple A and and start working Tommy Edmond at at second base, and then does that open the door for Pies and outman to kind kind of have a shot again because the outfield spot is open at center field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's what it is. When you determine who's going to play second base or how you're going to approach that. If Kim has sent them, then you know, what they're looking for, you know, the guy that they would look for. I still think given the spring Rosario seems to be having I think that's the guy they would keep. I mean, they have options on Pae as an outman, and somebody will get hurt during the year and those guys will come up, at least one of them. But if Rozario's actually hitting the ball and playing well and a veteran and a guy who's been there, I can't see why they wouldn't just just put him on the roster. Yeah. Yeah, we can't forget though. You know.
Speaker 3: The guy that can play multiple positions is Meggi Rote. You know, if they need somebody to kind of hold down second base for you know, a month, month or two or whatever, and they're concerned about defensively, Meggi wrote.
Speaker 1: Can he play second base?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he could play second base. He played some. He played some third base for him last year. But it's certainly he's a tremendous short stole, but definitely he can play second base.
Speaker 1: All right. So that's what's going on with the Dodgers. I mean, everybody's been trying to manufacture stories about, oh, are they as good as they say, and do they have enough pitching? Really, there's not a lot you can say about him till the season starts. Yeah, well it's still some rust, right.
Speaker 3: Look, Uh, you know, you know my man, Blake Snell came in and and you know, he's gonna do what he's gonna do. He's gonna be, He's gonna be. It's gonna be many nice You watched Blake Snell pitch. He's gonna be unhittable, uh, for for for most hitters. And in fact, I think it's it's in his first start, I think he had everybody oh to at one point he walked one or two guys. But uh, and then you know we're gonna have to see what Suzaki too, fred Uh, see how he he shapes up. He's gonna it's gonna be a learning curve for him as well to face major league pitching. I think he struggled a little bit as well.
Speaker 1: He has. I think it's going to be a bigger learning curve for him than it was for Yamamoto. Yeah, and Yamamoto is still learning. Yeah. I think it'll be a little bigger learning curve for him. I don't see him come out in uh, in Tokyo and no hit the cops, although it would be great, but I don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's still got to learn, you know. Again, he's still got to learn and transition to to baseball over here, and it's going to take some time. And you know, I know they were helping them, trying to develop and you know, another pitch and being confident with that. He's certainly got great stuff, but it's going to You know, when a guy has great stuff and he's got a great splitter and above average fastball, sometimes you rely on that. You rely on it a lot, and you get away with it in certain situations. And he probably got away with it a lot in Japan. Guys over here are gonna make you pay. They make you pay, and if you don't have more than two pitches, then they really will make you pay.
Speaker 1: All right, Yankees made a decision long overdue, Highdad. Yeah, we're gonna get to that. Yeah, Freddy, Come on, what you got, Freddie? What you're doing? Nothing? Sucking at something? Stop it? Ronnie?
Speaker 3: Only if you could hear what Ronnie said in my ear, Stop it, Ronnie. Don't you dare You're probably true though.
Speaker 1: Whatever. I don't know what you guys are saying, but maybe it is. Now I'm watching some video somebody shot here at the station this morning. That's all. That's all I'm doing. It's funny. Okay, before we get out of here, and because we haven't been on and our schedule has been kind of wait wait, wait for it real quick?
Speaker 3: Are you are you still he's still busting the bad guys out there, cracking down on Rodney.
Speaker 1: We don't have enough time.
Speaker 2: You get the mayor impeached out there or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is on it. You know what, when we have more time, I'll tell you the story about the guy that came in and brought like his bodyguard enforce or to intimidate me. I'll tell you that story. Why is that doesn't even surprise me. I just could see that happening.
Speaker 3: Rubbed somebody the wrong way so much that they came in with the body guy.
Speaker 1: We don't have time, all right, we'll do it real fast anyway, listen, I'll tell the story. The Yankees are letting people have facial hair now. There. Devin Williams, when he was acquired by the Yankees from Milwaukee, went in and said, I want to keep my beard, and of course they had this ancient rule that you couldn't have any facial hair. Now they're allowing you to keep fatial.
Speaker 2: It has to be a well groomed beard. By the way, we can't come in look like old school Johnny Damon.
Speaker 1: I just want to make sure you point that out. No, you can't do that. That's fair, but you have to have a well groomed beard. I will talk more about it, because now you want me to tell you this story real quick before we get off the air, please. Yeah. So, I antagonize people all the time, all the time, and they don't know how I find out the information I find out, So it's kind of funny. Actually. So I did this story about some money that was being spent by one of the city councils out here, and I pointed out that, my god, this one company seems to get a lot of money from the city council, a lot of money from the city. So I looked at the company's website and it's basically nothing. They're like a consulting in PR firm, but they have no clients. And it just so turns out that the mother of the person that owns the consulting company has been involved with the city political for years and worked on their campaigns. So what does that mean. It's like one time this guy bid for a job and somebody else bid for it. It was the exact same job. The other people came in seventy five percent lesson, they still gave it to that guy, And that's misuse of public funds. I mean, that's how it works. So anyway, I'm telling the story on the air, and I actually mentioned his company and he calls me. He's very upset, very upset. He wants to defend himself. He said, we put a stain on his family's name. I said, well, come on in, come on in, we have an open seat for you. Come on in here. So the guy walks in and he's probably in his late forties and very nervous by the way, when he gets here, and he shows up with this guy who's probably thirty years old, built like a block of granite, and came out of the movie Sprockets. And there's no question in my mind that this guy, you know, is somebody that they employed to go out and kick somebody's ass if need be. So this guy walks in and he brings this person with him and I said, well, who's that and he says, well, he's a consultant. I said, you're a consultant. What do you consult on? And he goes data processing. I said, you're a consultant in data processing, but you came to this meeting because yes? I said, well what else do you do? He goes, well, whatever it is, I do it really well. And he gives me this really dirty look, like you better watch yourself, brother, You better watch yourself. I'm thinking, what is this? Where am I? What is with these people? You better watch yourself, buddy, you better watch That was exactly what you better watch yourself. So anyway, I'm talking now to the guy before we go on the air, and the guy is like terrified, And I said to him, look at me. I'm the most non threatening person you'll ever meet in your life. What are you concerned about? He goes, my family's here, my friends are here, I live here. Everybody here knows me. And if you even make any kind of reference to any wrongdoing, you have to understand what will happen and what will happen to me. I'm like, easy, easy, I said, I'll tell you a solid I'll just loby softballs tonight. The way this works out here, if you upset a certain group of people, they have people follow you home and drive up and down the street, or they call you. They wake people up at three in the morning and hang up to try to scare them. I know a woman and she actually died recently, but she was someone that used to feed me stuff. She got under the skin of people so badly that they called her and said, we want to have a one on one meeting with you. This group of people, we want to have a one on one group of meeting with you. And she goes, I'm not really comfortable with that, and no, no, no, no, we're going to have a meeting. It's going to be at midnight in the desert. Oh my god, midnight in the desert. I'm telling you. It's like she said, she said to me, they were going to kill me. Then I went on, where am I? What do you mean they were going to kill you? And that s what they were.
Speaker 3: Well, Joe Petcy was going to walk around the corner and you can't imagine what in the world is going on?
Speaker 1: What are you doing out there? Frett you know how I am in the show every night now, making new friends every day. I bet you are all right. Yeah, tomorrow on standby for the Dodgers full show on Friday. Ronnie, thank you, Kevin, thank you. Rodney talked to either tomorrow or Friday.