Speaker 1: Hi, Hello, and welcome to a Brands Baking herete interview.
Speaker 2: I'm Dylan.
Speaker 3: That's pat great to be here. Permission to come onboard, permission granted? Joining us today? Is our favorite chef. She is our favorite chef and she is Are you calling her Z?
Speaker 2: I just did that as a little short, like, hey, we're friends, so I can come up with my own name for you. I'm okay, you shouldn't give me permission to do that.
Speaker 3: Okay, That's what I was wondering, like if if that is her nickname, and if if you.
Speaker 2: Call well let me I'll clear the air. Okay, let's clear the air, Karna?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Okay? If I occasionally call you Z or a really better question, does anyone call you Z?
Speaker 4: Loads of people call me zor T T Bag T Pain?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well let's welcome T Pain. Chef's Areena aka Z. What's going on? Girlfriend?
Speaker 4: Oh? I'm just in Florida right now, hence while I'm looking like a pink thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, head over page at another below deck podcast to see the video so you can see her looking like a.
Speaker 3: Gay that's right, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, So listen, we have so many cues and that's short for questions, and we have so many other things that we have to get into.
Speaker 2: I'd like to start off by saying, this is an amazing season.
Speaker 3: Bravo to Bravo. You know, you guys are really bringing it. The cast is bringing it. How was I know we can't talk about the future of the show, but how how did this kind of like season feel? Did it feel like below decky, because it's feeling very below Deckie.
Speaker 4: I felt like the beginning of it didn't feel like below deck and then almost as soon as Anthony left it was it felt like below deck again, right like watching it, but in it it just felt like a anxiety, stress full of am I going to survive this?
Speaker 2: Right? Having him there on the show was horrible for you. It was a wild time for us as a viewer and.
Speaker 4: Wait for the viewers, and I hope they enjoyed it, But I also I don't think it was good for him either. I don't think he enjoyed being there.
Speaker 3: Well, we have a lot of fan questions, but let's start off with the giant British elephant in the room.
Speaker 1: Anthony.
Speaker 2: He seemed.
Speaker 3: Well, let's let's ask you what were your what was the overall experience like for you, and then we'll dive deeper into it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just it was just very uncomfortable for me because I knew that I really needed someone, but the person that I had just I felt like was on purpose making it harder for me. But yeah, it's it's a tough one because I think that because he comes from bigger boats that he's used to being a su chef where they basically do the head chef role. The head chef is in the office. So I think coming onto a smaller boat, he just didn't understand what his job role was. And I've said to other people as well, like Google soux chef and sixty meters yacht, and I was asking him to do exactly his job title, and I think there's just confusion, and watching it back, I'm like, damn it. I should have just at the time realized that and gone on Google and showed him like, you know, when you're on a smaller yacht, this is what your duties are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hindsight's always twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: I just don't know what he was thinking once he took the position, because clearly, I mean right out of the gate. I mean, you guys were bumping heads when you did that impromptu employee uh questionnaire in which you asked what basically you Generally, I have to say.
Speaker 1: Any one, let's get to know each other. What the fuck is your problem?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? That's right? I mean to be fair, those questions are generally when you're hiring someone that's going to sell software for you, like what's your favorite animal? And how will that make you a better coworker?
Speaker 4: But do you enjoy walks on the beach at sunset?
Speaker 2: But he was a complete dick about it, So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I need to tell the truth, Like I just need what I said by like straight strengths and weaknesses. If he says, my ice cream's amazing, but my bread shit brilliant, Well I've been making ice cream. You do know what I mean? Like that's all I needed to know, right, right, you know, so I know what section to put him on.
Speaker 3: Right So when I watch him, I he strikes me as not a an open water chef. He strikes me as somebody who wants to be in the adderall fueled hustle and bustle of a traditional kitchen environment. Is that that where he came from and what he was trying to bring to the boat, because that's not the way that these kitchens run.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that, like you know him saying as well, I think like he's worked in mission and Star restaurants. We like his age, he would have just been chopping carrots in the corner, right, you know, like I did the same when I was younger at Mission and Star restaurants. I always said it was the worst experience I ever had, Like, unless you're a head chef and a sooux chef and a mission of star restaurant, you're not really doing or learning much. You're literally just an item there to do a job, right, right, But yeah, I feel like I actually only feel like one day, you know, because he is an incredible chef at what he does, you know, but once he gets older and he learns how to, you know, be around people and manage people properly, because you can't go in as a head chef for that much confrontation, that I actually feel like he would be able to run a really good kitchen one day. It's good, Like his food is so good. You are obviously a few slip ups here and there, you know, but everyone makes mistakes.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't busting open a soouv bag is a little rookie.
Speaker 2: But this is how I know I can pick a side and think that you were in the right and he was in the wrong with all this, What could you have possibly done to get him to stay on that boat? And the answer is nothing.
Speaker 4: Nothing. I think the only thing I could have done is said, okay, do you want my role and I'll b c shift.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that you know, another elephant in the room. You know, let's just talk about you know, let's just call it what it was. I mean, I think that he had a fair amount of pushback, and you tell me, with you being a woman, I think that if you came down on him harder and maybe put him in his place, it might have worked if you had a penis.
Speaker 1: But I don't think that there was really any way to now.
Speaker 2: Make this successfully with that.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like there was any kind of misogyny coming from him?
Speaker 4: I think it was on the last three days. That's kind of where I thought it was coming from. And I think it's just because I recognized it in my surfer treat we hired a male chef, and I had to bring in my old two chef to basically help manage him, because any time I said something, he wouldn't listen to me, and I basically had to turn to my mate and be like, can you tell him this, because he listened to you, and it actually felt really similar, you know. And I did feel like I never want to like go and run up to like daddy Jason to ask for advice and help. But there were times where I'm like, could you just ask him, you know, because he just I think I don't know if it's a woman thing or just a full lack of respect.
Speaker 2: I think he might have just been a complete asshole. Yeah, and he's what was he twenty two years old? You know? Yeah?
Speaker 4: He was young, you know, young, fun, full of come and I think that, you know, I just I just don't think it was the right fit. But for the audience it was brilliant. Yeah.
Speaker 3: When Pat says it was wild watching him, it wasn't. I mean, it was wild, but he means it was really fun.
Speaker 2: Great. I'll tell you why, because a lot of the fun from it if the show is the kitchen, in the food preparation and seeing if the chef can pull it off and just adding an extra element of the drama within the galley. I mean, it only took Bravo eleven years to fucking figure this out. Bravo is great, you know, right, we love.
Speaker 3: Bravo does some good seasons and then some seasons you know, far a bit. But yeah, you know it's a lot of it has to do with the cast and and you know that's that's production.
Speaker 4: I have to admit, like working this season was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Like every single element for it was always like, God, that's the first, Like God, I've haven't fucked up that much before. Like, oh, that's another first. Like every single day I basically wake up and be like, we better get that Emmy. We better get that Emmy, like everything here, Like if we don't get that Emmy, I'm gonna be pick.
Speaker 2: If ever she froze, I'll talk about she FROs if ever there was a season where I feel that the show deserves it, Emmy, it's definitely this season. We might if you know, Zerio is still there, Yeah, she's got more questions if less still it has more to kind of wrap round out the Anthony drama. How many actual days were you guys working together?
Speaker 4: Oh god, I don't even know. It just felt like one long nightmare. I think it was probably just under a week. I think, because it have been two charters, and then when he began the next one, he was it was the first morning, wasn't it? And then I had two charters alone.
Speaker 2: That's about right. Lastly, have you spoken with them since the show aired?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 4: Que? No, not not really, not since it's aired. I think I think maybe him watching it back was you know, maybe quite a lot for him, and he's probably taking some time for himself.
Speaker 2: Do you mind if you have had communication though after the filming?
Speaker 4: Not yet. After filming we did like just a few memes here and there and everything.
Speaker 2: Do you think that was his way of trying to make nice?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know, to be honest, it's so far in the past now. And like I have a rule that I don't let like toxic people full into my energy.
Speaker 2: Well no, not.
Speaker 4: Really, like he pain back for me and then we would be blocked each other after the breakup.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're we're gonna where you have. You have good boundaries and that's important. You know, if you imagine your life force like you have a hula hoop around around you. For people to get in there, you gotta you gotta seriously pass some mustard, you know, And that's why everybody should live. Anyways, we have a lot of questions to get into about the entire season.
Speaker 1: The fans are voracious, barn have many questions.
Speaker 2: I want to start off by saying most of the questions today were submitted by the Barnacles, and I'm not gonna sugar crowd it ze. The Barnacles are rude, crude and ill mannered. Yeah, I believe most of them are incapable of existing in polite society, but alas Below Deck is one of their favorite shows. Yeah, so it is what it is. So should we begin with the questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's to be again with the questions, And I'm gonna pop in and kind a snipe and ask questions that I remember to ask every once in a while.
Speaker 2: Now. I know nothing about cooking, and I actually like this next type of style of food, so I had no issue with it, but of course I think quite a few people did. And we'll clear the year here. Michelle Henley and Melissa Baddock want to know, what's with your obsession with soup.
Speaker 4: Oh well, so on the preference sheets, which I follow perfectly, they kept saying that they wanted to like traditional saft Shellian food, which is curry soup. And so I'm a climate and basically every single chart guess that's what they were asking for because they wanted something traditional to the sey Shelles. And like, it got to the stage where I was like, if I get one more preference sheet saying this, I'm going to actually explode.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to make it wasn't like, you know, the style of food and stuff I exactly wanted to do. But the one thing I will say, and this is why all the guests like my food, is that I follow the preference sheets until I, you know, fucked them up with a vegan that I've forgotten about or something. But when I write my menus, it's like takes me so long because I'm literally giving them exactly what they asked for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's probably a pretty good idea to do that, just because they're paying for it.
Speaker 1: Quick question from me. You know you and Jason had a little bit of a quarrel episodes back where Jason was you know, essentially asking you to just feed the sea rat scraps.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Really too sure why you had such a robust issue with that. Just throw it on the floor and move on. I don't know what the problem was with you, what was going on there.
Speaker 4: At that stage. I like, since the beginning of the show, I was only running off four hours sleep at night. Yeah, there's a heavy charter for me with sleep and with the nights out, Like we don't often get our meals on the table to nine or ten o'clock at night, and so if I'm feeding them breakfast, the crew aren't going to eat till that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I was just like, we can't get alcohol in us and not have a heavy lunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: And it's just me more concerned about crew members. But also with Jason and I, like, it's sorry with Captain Jason and I, it's so difficult to have this boundary because it's like, you know, since filming the first season, like we've we've become really good friends, you know, so then you know, when we're in you know, I'm in Bali together or in Florida together, whenever, you know, I can talk back to him like that. But you know, when we're back at work and he has this captain hat on and I'm that tired, it's just like, you know, I want to be like, mate, like, don't, don't fucking do this, you know, because I'm just used to being able to talk to a friend like that. And then I was like, gosh, I mean like, you've just spoken to your captain like this, like he's your captain. He's your captain, he's not your friend. And getting into that mentality was really difficult for me.
Speaker 2: Why is a blurred because you guys all hang party with each other when you're not on the show. Yeah, I get that. Yeah, Jenny Fitzgerald wants to know did a bigger kitchen make the job harder or easier?
Speaker 4: Oh? That kitchen was horrible. Nothing worked on it. And I don't know if any of the public can see, but I only had two hobs. The other back hobs weren't really working and they were the wrong way round. So I was basically cooking for that many people just on two hobs. The oven didn't work half the time, my bottom oven didn't work, the steamer didn't work, and I felt like I was actually camping. And then also because the boat stabilizers didn't really work when you slowly rock like this. I used to have to wait to be able to open the big fridge door because if we're facing down, I just have to stand there until we're tilted that way so I can open it. Then when I'm inside, wait for it so I can open and close the door. And it just made everything so time to assuming and I kept saying, I wish I had the last shit galley. At least it kind of worked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I was a little confused as to why there was this Sioux chef position this year the same amount of gas, because.
Speaker 4: You know it's by Laura on a boat that size.
Speaker 2: Oh it's by Laurana about that side. I used to know this industry has laws, Yeah, but it's.
Speaker 4: More like you know with maritime, when you're over a certain amount of like heaviness ton wise, you have to have a certain amount of crew and stuff. And they did cut off. I don't know what I'm had to say about this, but yes, some of the boat was cut off because obviously cabins aren't being used, so there was like a level cut off that wasn't news. So it's less guess, got it?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you but you still needed the sous chef aboard okay. Libby Jenna asked a great question. When you guys first came on the boat and you entered the galley, it was an absolute mitigative disaster. So who's that fault for that?
Speaker 4: The chef before he needs his license taken away? He shouldn't be allowed to that. That was I've seen small infestations before that. I've had to navigate around and clean out and do the right steps to get rid of them in my whole career. You know, I've been a chepherd seventeen years. I've never in my life seen something like that. And that shot me back like two days as well, and I never felt like I could like track for myself.
Speaker 2: Was it weavils?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Weavils. So they're like these bugs that get inside like plaster packs and rice and flowers stuff, And if it's a bad infestation, like you can tell because the whole bag of sugar or something will be moving and they just that they basically populate so quickly and they can nibble through the little bits of plastic and cardboard and get in there and just mate and make loads of them.
Speaker 3: So strictly Jesus good, nice god man plan, Hey serena planet Earth, tod.
Speaker 2: Let's get to some more question. Sure, if you could make this is a Shelby Zeyder. She's been with us forever. She wants to know if I shall be If you could make guess your guest dinner without using any of their preferences, basically you get to make it. What would you make them?
Speaker 4: Dore's order of them? McDonald's probably have a brain delivery or uber eats you call it here. Oh good, I don't know. I well, I specialize in nutrition on Middle Eastern food, so they'll probably just get loads of healthy Middle Eastern food.
Speaker 1: Done with them, right, So Kebob's.
Speaker 4: Nicely done and got friendly.
Speaker 1: All that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, digress back to Anthony again. I'm just fascinated. Melissa mccantz says, can you confirm rumors that that quote unquote job Anthony left the boat for his new job that actually didn't pan out?
Speaker 4: No, it didn't happen. I think he's just using it as.
Speaker 2: An excuse to go, oh, he's a liar.
Speaker 1: What that didn't That wasn't a real job.
Speaker 2: Well, I allegedly, I.
Speaker 1: Holly smoking, Oh wow, that's a really dodgy little character. Yeah, he was a pretty dodgy little character, though, I would.
Speaker 2: Say, yeah, that's allegedly. Who knows. Are we going to get to.
Speaker 4: We have we?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we'll get to him, all right, we got to get to the book man and Serina's love for the Wei man.
Speaker 2: Uh annadl Sack and Pat wants to know was he sending mixed signals? I mean, clearly, I just saw the episode that hasn't aired yet, but clearly there's an understanding. I don't want to, well this is released after that episode. Uh, you basically haven't understand that he's understanding that he's a fucking player and you don't care it.
Speaker 4: Was given shit. I think you know, there's the twenty four hours to the day and do you guys see probably like thirty minutes of it. But Vianna and I were like more like I don't know, like without the sex, like kind of fuck buddy types, you know, just like playful, funny and also like with no sleep until locked like in a kitchen or day and he's locked outside in the heat, Like sometimes you just need some oxytocin and someone to give you a hug and be like flirty just to make yourself feel good. And I think that we were those people for each other, like just start like craving, just like some sort of affection. And I think we kind of had that same understanding of like, you know, well, you know whatever, let's just use each other a little bit, you know.
Speaker 2: Barnacle Ashley straight. I can't read her question because it's so rude. Let me reword it, but basically she wants to know because she hasn't seen the newest episode where that's clearly laid out. You have an understanding with Van, but with Elephant Bone Man, you clearly had romantic feelings for him. Have you heard from Elephant Bone Man, oh, Shuell Joell.
Speaker 4: Yeah. He actually, for the first time on a different number because we hadn't spoken since I guess like two years. He on a different numbers sent me a message just when Watch What Happens Life came out, so I guess like five six weeks ago, say thank you for being so nice about what you said about me, and I was like, cool, okay, but we haven't spoken on the phone or anything or properly like message back and forth, it was just very much like thanks for that.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know how much you listen to our podcast, but I don't. Are you familiar with the Seirat sad scale? No, okay, so the Sea Rat sad scale. You know a lot of people in below deck have really really tragic and almost made up stories that are extremely traumatic.
Speaker 1: And Juow's was I think Rank's number two. Were you Were you aware that his family was tied up and his mother was hit with an elephant bone.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you're gigging in the background giggling.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's sad. That's really sad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, yeah, I know all of that, but it's I know this is going to sound really terrible to say. I'm probably gonna be probably hated for this, but I don't know, Actually a South African with a story that isn't.
Speaker 2: Like that, Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Like even like my best mates and married couple they had to move to Palmer because they were that them and their parents were tied up with their armed burglary and like guns to their head and everything.
Speaker 2: So it's tough. It's tough, but to be fair, I did give it a three on the sea right sad scale.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean, I think this is why there's sony South Africans in the yachting industry, because they're really trying to run away to give their family, like a better.
Speaker 2: Life, got it, you know?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Cape Town looks strong.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's amazing, though.
Speaker 4: You do have to go to Cape Town. It's one of my favorite places.
Speaker 3: I want to I want to eat bunny chow. It just looks it looks really good. I want to try bunny chow.
Speaker 4: You need bill tongue. That's what you.
Speaker 2: Need bill tong Katie Louzinder wants to know.
Speaker 1: Would you know what bill tong is?
Speaker 2: What is it? You know?
Speaker 1: Like you do you eat jerky?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I hate your You hate jerky?
Speaker 4: You like biltongue?
Speaker 1: Is it bad on your tummy? Or you just don't like it?
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't. You don't try No, I'm trying to be a vegetarian. Oh that's right. Yeah, And last night I learned these cocktail drinks I've been making and drinking in a can. There are two hundred calories of can. No wonder, my fucking face looks like a basketball. Yeah. Well, I'm going to quit those starting now.
Speaker 3: I could have told you that I think you need to go back to light beer. I mean, you know it's it's yeah, yeah, I mean it's okay. So anyways, we've got sorry for those. We just had to have a porum with each other.
Speaker 4: It's fine, fine, it's not.
Speaker 2: Would you rather be alone in the kitchen or have a suit?
Speaker 4: I mean I love having a sea chef because I normally feel like the ones that I pick an interview I have incredible relationships with, and I actually learned so much from my sea chefs, you know. And also being alone in the kitchen makes you go a bit crazy.
Speaker 2: But you have to popping in all day.
Speaker 4: Well not really, you do have hours and hours and hours on your own.
Speaker 3: Let's just take a let's just extend the pause for a little bit. Let's just have a moment of silence and just sit in the silence.
Speaker 4: I think the connection went. Did you ask me another question?
Speaker 2: Three more questions? No? No?
Speaker 3: Can I jump in with uh with with an inquiry? I want to get to like some some food stuff with you. But when I see you and Johnny together, I see I see a notebook like love. I see uh, I see that he's you know, we see later on in the season that he's violent towards cabinets, and he was kind of an asshole in the first episode. But Johnny has really really warmed up and he's a very very sweet guy. Was there any like romantic temperature of any kind with Johnny.
Speaker 1: Because he seemed so sweet and he was he's so doting to you.
Speaker 2: I'm spending a lot of time in the kid washing dishes. He seemed like he liked you.
Speaker 4: I don't think he liked me like that. I mean, he is just one of those really nice people, and I think he saw me like his weird older sister, you know, like you know, like like oh it's okay, like we love her, that sort of thing, like you know, don't talk to you, do you know what I mean? Yeah, he's the gorgeous guy, my lord, like, so so handsome and so nice, and I think I actually had my most laughs with Johnny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He really really seems like a really really sturdy Greek.
Speaker 2: Who did you have a strongest, the strongest relationship with as far as the interior goes.
Speaker 4: I mean probably Bri. I still talk to Brie a lot, but I feel like this season, like I was in that galley for twenty hours a day and I didn't feel like I could properly connect with the crew and the lights out because I was so tired. So it was actually a very lonely season for me for friendships. And I was trying to, like, you know, put so much into that gaddy because I did struggle with it. I'm not going to say I'm an incredible chef and I can handle any kitchen and all of this, like it was, it was a tough season for me work wise, so I don't actually feel like I had real time to like bond and get to know friends and relationships like I did my first season. Just isolated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, well let me can I get into some some stir some ship real quick?
Speaker 2: Of course, you give her, she's our friend. You're gonna give her hard time.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not going to give her a hard time, Laura, when I want to talk about your guys relationship, because you seem very friendly towards her, she seems kind of cold and friendly, distant to you. When she did her talking heads about you luring men into your cabin with treats, I was a little grossed out. I thought that was a scumbag move on her part. What is your guys relationship? Because she seems to be a little bit mean girly towards you, and we're just a little bit protective of you.
Speaker 4: God, I don't know how much I've I had to say. Yeah, I mean, I'm seeing the comments come out, making me feel really naive.
Speaker 2: You know, you're talking about the voiceovers that she did that we see that you didn't know that she was saying those things about you.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know like a lot. I mean, the whole weird Barbie thing, like fucking brilliant. I'm going to make that my merchandise. Thank you for making me some money. But it's like the the lurying because you know that for me in particular, kind of hurt a bit. And the boy, actually I prob can't say his name, but I screenshot the messages just in case people said said anything about it. He messaged me after watching the episod so being like like what the hell because we were all in the crew mass and I was like, Oh, should I go and do this? And she was like, Oh, I'm going to go get the candy. This would be hilarious. And my sou Cheherd was like, okay, then we can tie. And it was like a really funny thing that her turning it into like this malicious thing because I was actually in a relationship with the boy on the boat next door and just like messing around making jokes and stuff. And I was like, you've made me into being like I get my claws into people when I'm actually like, I know you. It doesn't really come across this way on the show, but like you know, I've been single for a very very long time, you know, and I keep myself to myself. I keep everything with like dating and stuff very much out the public eye. And making me not like a predator. I was very taken back, especially because on my first season I was like such a voice for anti vat, you know, and I've kind of felt like she was trying to take that away from me.
Speaker 2: Someone, Oh sorry, I interrupted. You go ahead.
Speaker 4: I know it's fine, but yeah, I think there's going to be more bumpy things coming out that I need to kind of prepare myself for. But items like.
Speaker 2: A hard worker, detailed, very detailed person, also very cold and kind of shut off to me.
Speaker 4: At least, which I don't understand because we had been friends for so long, and like even before going on, like I think it's like a few weeks before she had cooled me up, going I'm so excited we're going to be the best dream girl team, Like I love you so much, Like I'm just so glad that we got to do this together and like really pumping me up, like I love you, I love you and all of this to come on and instantly be like m And I was like, who's this person? You know? It was a shock for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, well Laura, if you'd like to come on, we'd love to talk to you, I mean respectfully.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll let you go, all right, Mary, this could be very telling.
Speaker 1: We all just do MFK. Are we going to ever retire this or no?
Speaker 2: This is part of their show that we implement in our show. Okay, okay, they always play this game in the night, right right, Okay, Yeah, this isn't so dodging to get to talk about sex, all right, Harry Johnny Vhan Mary f killed.
Speaker 4: Oh I probably married Johnny.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, not Harry. Huh. That's the that's the one I thought was a coin flip.
Speaker 4: But the thing is, I've probably kill him because he's like a younger brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah. It's a tough it's a it's a real choice. But you have to kill Harry.
Speaker 3: But that means you either have to have sex with Harry or killing Yeah, I know, she doesn't want to have sex with Harry.
Speaker 2: It's a little brother, you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, like he really is like my my brother brother. Like I would anyone laid a finger on that boy.
Speaker 2: I'm mental, Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: I love Harry with that.
Speaker 4: With that boy, Okay, it's yeah, he's he's a good one. But yeah, so then obviously fuck Hen because I mean I have eyes and a body and I want to stosta and cream at the.
Speaker 3: Moment, right right right, Yeah, No, he's He's quite a little butt plug of muscle and blonde.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have some fun here if I threw out Johnny and I put hot Captain Jason on it and Harry, oh.
Speaker 4: And v Hen, I mean, why would you do that with Jason line? Because I feel like I don't I don't know if I just want one light with him or like the rest of my life. I felt like.
Speaker 2: That's why question.
Speaker 3: I want the rest of my life with Jason too hot ass Captain Jason.
Speaker 2: I didn't like him in that commount now he looked ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you don't have to answer that, can I ask you? Can we go through some like.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: So I was just at a restaurant that did first come, first serve. So when you walked into the restaurant, there was no matre d there was no weight staff of any sort. It was a kind of anarchistic, fend for yourself restaurant, and it drove me insane and kind of made me rethink what humanity is capable of?
Speaker 2: Dylan, Now, can you explain because you've used that first come, first serve most chain restaurants, for example, like a subway is in fact first come, first serve. Yeah, so like a subway is first come, first serve.
Speaker 3: Right, If there are tables filled, then and you want to punish yourself and indulge in self hatred and eat under those fluorescent lights, and the tables are taken, you form a queue and you wait, and it's kind of a you know, everybody's fend for themselves, but when you go to a nice restaurant, it's usually not like that, right, because that's fucking insane if you went, like, what are some of your pet peeves when it comes to restaurant trends or culinary trends out there, because there are a lot of crazy ones cropping up.
Speaker 4: I mean, I am very much like I'm just very happy if I don't have to cook myself. Yeah, you know, but for me like that, I wouldn't say it's any trends and stuff because I don't really go to many trendy places because I've been very much off the grid for like a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like Jesse Ventura.
Speaker 4: Especially venture, but yeah, I My big thing is this service. Yeah, Like I have a rule in Europe because you know, Spain is renowned for having terrible service, that if I answered the bill and they haven't bought it within forty minutes, I just walked down the road and they can chase me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you sing in Europe like everything the service is like okay, And then you get to the end of the meal and then people just disappear and you're like, I'd like to This is the part where I.
Speaker 2: Think that's because there's no tipping there.
Speaker 3: This is the part where you you did all that work for this moment and now you've.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but also I think like tipping an American now just getting a little bit too ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Well, at the at the first Come, first Serve restaurant, they did expect a twenty percent tip.
Speaker 1: Oh one hundred percent. Least favorite foods.
Speaker 3: You have foods that you just find absolutely discussing, won't touch, won't cook.
Speaker 4: She has something really weird last night, and I don't know this is this because I'm like neurodivergent and it's like a texture thing for me, but it's I got this chocolate milk and I went to have a swig of it out the bottle and it was like almost like a thick pudding.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Sure, sure it was horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, ninety eight percent fat.
Speaker 2: Udy'll do you mind if I roll through a couple quick? Yeah yeah yeah yeah. Anna Andleseck wants to know because she doesn't follow you on Instagram. She wants to know what do you do to follow me? All right? Follow her? How do you find how she'll find her?
Speaker 4: Well, she pressed, sollow, it's quite communicated.
Speaker 2: It's chef Terina. She wants to know what you do off season? Do you just come back to land? Are you always working on these sea vessels?
Speaker 4: Well? No, I've just taken a year off yachts. I actually had I kept it all out the public eye, but I had quite a insane surgery in September.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were talking about that last time we saw you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I had to I had to do another surgery basically. So I've just been really focusing on my health and not are.
Speaker 2: You feeling Are you doing okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I'm actually doing okay. My hormones are still like crazy, and I've had migraines for like four months cool, which has been really annoying. But I'm actually feel like I'm just coming out of it. I just got a new doctor for my hormones and everything. I feel like slowly. The only weird thing is that my tits hurts.
Speaker 1: So much mine too, girlfriend, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And but I'm hoping it's growing pains. Has I've been waiting thirty three years for tips the year?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Two are questions, chefs Arena, Is there a blowdeck cast member that you'll never work with again?
Speaker 4: I can think of what I can think of too. I just don't know which one's worse. Yeah, probably Anthony.
Speaker 1: Oh really, oh wow that bad?
Speaker 2: Huh? Okay, well we saw it play out.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Lastly, what's the craziest thing you've ever seen happen on a charter?
Speaker 4: Probably on below deck with just.
Speaker 2: Off off in general, craziest. I can't believe I just witnessed this.
Speaker 4: I did see because my owner got a load of prostitutes on and they were all in the hot tab and they didn't actually light it, but they put a fire work up, but which, Yeah, that was a bit disturbing. And then I went up because because apparently they like asked for food or something, so I got out of bed and came up as like, what the hell is happening? But then the worst part about it is that in a month's all these naked prostitutes in the in the hot tub. I saw my captain's bold head pop up.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it? Got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Now we asked that question to uh, to everybody, and it usually has something to do with rich men hiring sex worker.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: I wonder what like they get paid and stuff, because I'm thinking, like they just have to do that for one or two nights a month probably, and they get paid the same amount as me and in the industry. Hopefully these takes coming and I can start.
Speaker 3: No, you're a chef, but I I got to tell you, I've been thinking about it too. Not a market for it, but you know, we'll see yourself sure. Chef Serena, thank you so much for joining us. We love seeing you on the S Show. Next time you're in Los Angeles, we will go out and make another salami rose.
Speaker 1: Tell people where they can find you.
Speaker 4: Oh, I deleted my TikTok so chefs Arena on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Go follow, hit the follow button. The color will change. That's how you know it'll uh. It has worked, Serena. We will talk to you soon and viewing you the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Thanks Serena, it was really good talking to you.