Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to have a guest joining us today. We're going to talk about the tenth the annual South Dakota Beard Clash. I didn't even know this was the thing. And we've got JB Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Correct, And we're going to chat about this event. It's in September, so we got time to plant and you might even have time to grow out a little facial here.
Speaker 2: If you want, right, Oh, yeah, there plenty of time.
Speaker 1: Yet it's between now and September. I don't know how much I'll be able to grow between now and then, But like, you've got a pretty cool beard going here. How long have you been working on that?
Speaker 2: Oh, I've had I've had a full beard for probably twenty years, Okay, but I want to say about five six years ago. I've always thought about shaving the chin and just having what in the beard competition world they call them natural sideburns or chops okay, and I just we were at a competition. They needed some more entries in the chops class and they had a barber at the competition. It was a big national one.
Speaker 1: You like, sign me up.
Speaker 2: I was like, let's do it.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. So the event is coming up again, the tenth annul South Dakota Beard Clash, presented by Tito's Handmade Vodka. An Honest Amish Beard. What is honest Amish Beard?
Speaker 2: They're a beard care product company. Can they make like you can buy hair care for your hair, they make haircare for your beard.
Speaker 1: Well, that's cool. And it's a fundraiser for Sleep and Heavenly Peace, a South Dakota of nonprofit, which is really a cool thing as well. It's coming up at Bottoms Up in Course in September thirteenth, So you've got some time. But let's talk about these different categories. If people because there might be somebody listening, they could absolutely enter right now, they just didn't know what's happening. So we've got a full beard under four inches, so that says business class. So that's like a trimmed beard.
Speaker 2: And they do the measurements for length that's from the bottom your lower lip. Okay, so anything under four inches we consider that like the business class nice, it's typically more of a more of a cleaned up styled.
Speaker 1: Very nice beard. And I see a full beard four to eight inches, full beard eight to twelve inches, and then a full beard twelve plus. Which category has the most people?
Speaker 2: Usually it's usually the four to eight eight is usually one of the biggest classes very nice.
Speaker 1: And then there's also a full beard styled stash. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: That's where you have a full beard and you can use products to style, like a curl into your mustache.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you have both. Now there's also a go tea. See I just shaved, so I feel like naked here, but I have like just a little bit of a go tea.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: But for the go tea, I'm assuming that's probably people have like a big, a big go tea.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, any go tea there and there's a chance.
Speaker 1: And then chops, that's what you have. And then I see another category called whaler. What in the world is a whaler?
Speaker 2: Whaler is a full beard but no mustache.
Speaker 1: Okay, like an Abe Lincoln kind of can, that's a whaler. And then there's a mustache, natural mustache styled. So the difference between those is the natural is just like a tom Selleck.
Speaker 2: Mustache, just as it lays no no styling aids to help it like hold a curl.
Speaker 1: And then the style would be like the people that do the strong Man in the circus, but the cues. And then we also have a mustache horseshoe. What is a horseshoe.
Speaker 2: Horseshoe is where the mustache extends down. It's like a horseshoe, like.
Speaker 1: A John Rich. Yeah, so it's kind of like a go tea without the chin.
Speaker 2: Yes exactly.
Speaker 1: I did that one time just to see what my wife would say. She was not a fan, so.
Speaker 2: It's surprised we do. Actually not many smaller competition or like town competitions have that class because it's usually not very popular, but we usually do get a handful of people that show up for it.
Speaker 1: That again, mustache horseshoe. Then we have craft beard realistic. What is a craft beard.
Speaker 2: That's for the ladies to be able to get involved. Okay, they for the realistic, they make a fake beard that they put on that looks like a real beard.
Speaker 1: And then there's another craft beard creative. That's one where it's like, you know, wild and crazy.
Speaker 2: Yep. They take whatever crazy thing you want to do and make it look like a beard and put it on.
Speaker 1: Then there's freestyle that's just all bets are off, whatever you want to do.
Speaker 2: That's mainly like where guys style shapes into their beard. There they can get real creative with that.
Speaker 1: And there's a kid's class. Yep, how many kids have a beard.
Speaker 2: It's like the it's like the creative classes, and it's not a not a typical class like the way you do the other ones. We actually have crafts and stuff that when the kids get to the competition they can go that. We'll have a couple of people back there they can help them. They'll make one right there, and then they can come up on stage and talk about their beard.
Speaker 1: I love that. Well, I'm so glad you guys. Send an email to me. I'm looking June. Oh maybe it was the beginning of July. It's been a little bit, but we've been chatting back for trying to find a time to finally get this all put together. I'm so glad that we did this because this is fascinating and I guarantee because you've been doing this ten years. I'd not heard of it. Yeah, I guarantee there's other people right now going I didn't know this was happening. So now we're going to invite you to the tenth annual South Dakota Beard Clash, presented by Tito's Handmade Vodka and Honest Amish Beard. It's happening on the thirteenth of September. So it's a bit it's up up, throw it a bit bottoms up in coursing. Registration is from noon to two and competition starts at two. And if somebody would like to compete, do they reach out ahead of time or they just show up that day with a beard?
Speaker 2: You can on our Facebook page False Facial Hair Foundation. We have a preregistration link. You can preregister if you'd like, or if you'd rather just show up day of more more welcome to do that.
Speaker 1: That is really cool. I'm gonna share this online to make it really really easy to find as well. JB, thanks for coming in, man, thanks for having me. I feel like I shouldn't have shaved ahead of time hair, so I feel a little it's kind of like a poser talking about the falls Facial Hair Foundation. Their website on Facebook is Facebook dot com slash Falls Facial Hair Foundation and I'm gonna throw a link at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Sue Falls Newsy. Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the Gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com