Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We're going to do something fun today. Oh.
Speaker 1: I haven't figured out what it is. Oh, but it's going to be super fun. What's our flashback Friday.
Speaker 2: Year two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm surprised it's not nineteen eighty nine, so we could relive when the Menanda's brothers shot and killed their parents.
Speaker 2: Fired up about that, Well, there was.
Speaker 1: An article about what's different in the way we think between nineteen eighty nine and twenty twenty five, and our different thought patterns, and what we are sensitive to, what we the way that we see family units, and all of those things differently now than we did in nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's still still amazingly illegal to kill your parents.
Speaker 1: I mean back in nineteen eighty nine, I was left alone for hours after school to go through the lomapria at earthquake, and it was completely fine.
Speaker 2: Nobody bat it an eye.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you leave a nine year old in the house today and basically CPS come and collects you and kills you.
Speaker 2: Put you to a foster care facility, some sort of disaster.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just very different the way you look at things than you did back then, in a variety of ways.
Speaker 2: But anyway, what year again? Is there a specific reason? No, it's just what's wrong. Nothing, everything's fun. No, you seem disenchanted today.
Speaker 3: I do believe that this is the sucks, the whole cloudiness. It's late, it's late April. I also feel awful for people who are going to Coachella this weekend.
Speaker 2: Do you feel awful for them? Yeah, my heart breaks for them. Think about the outfit changes. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I mean you were expecting fun and sun and now you've got to account for the wind and I got to wear the pope's puffer jacket. No, I don't think a puffer jacket's necessary.
Speaker 2: Why not, it's gonna be cold and windy. I don't know if it's gonna be cold, is it. It's gonna be colder than it should.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got an update out of Florida State University. We told you the story as it broke, Yester. Now we're hearing it was a deputy's child who got access to mom's weapon and went on this rampage.
Speaker 4: At approximately eleven fifty am Thursday, April seventeenth, a gunman opened fire on the main campus of Florida State University in Tallahassee, shooting multiple individuals in the vicinity of the student Union building. FSU police responded immediately engaged, neutralized, and apprehended the shooter. Two victims of deceased are deceased, and five individuals have been transported to a local hospital with gunshot wounds. The shooter has also been transported to a local hospital. The two deceased are not students. The shooter is believed to be a current FSU student.
Speaker 3: That is Jason Trombauer, the FSU police chief. The Leon County Sheriff's Department was also involved. This is the sheriff, Walt McNeil.
Speaker 5: The shooter is twenty year old Phoenix Eichner, and he's a son of a Leon County sheriff deputy. Our deputy Deputy Eidner has been with the Leon County Sheriff's office for over eighteen years. She has a tremendous job that she's done for service to this committee has been exceptional.
Speaker 2: We don't know a whole lot about this kid.
Speaker 3: There are some stories going around that he was espousing white supremacist views, that he would say things like Rosa Parks was in the wrong, that the blacks that live in his neighborhood are bringing down his neighborhood, to the point where people in his political science classes said he stood out because he would say those things in class, and he would talk flag. He would talk about the guns that were in his house. Some people had said, Yeah, if there was ever an opportunity to use a red flag law, this would be it. But Florida doesn't have the strongest kind of red flag laws like we would see here in California, for example.
Speaker 1: Well, be interesting to see if anyone even tried to alert anybody. Yeah, I mean that is something that is to see something, say something, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm over the whole. What was this kid?
Speaker 1: Like? What was this person into? Its mental illness is what it is. You shoot up a school, it's mental illnesses of kind. It's not like you're wooed into this by somebody you meet online.
Speaker 2: There's a wiring issue in your brain. Period. End of story.
Speaker 1: Sam Schwartz told the Tallahassee Democrat everyone started freaking out. He was working on a project with a group in the basement of the student union, says students heard about ten shots. So he used trash cans in plywood to barricade themselves in a corner. And the thing is is, we've said it before, said it for years. Students these days know what to do. It's second nature to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that when the alert goes out. We talked about it.
Speaker 3: It was right about this time yesterday when the alert had gone out throughout the emergency system that Florida State has to tell people to not just to shelter in place, but that there were reports of an active shooter and that they knew how to react.
Speaker 2: What would we do? I mean, we're not in that same I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean it's flabbergasting to me that this is where we are as a society, that this is something that happens and that kids know how to defend against it. We had we had fire drills, we had earthquake drills in school.
Speaker 2: We didn't have active shooter drills.
Speaker 1: Right, were you still in school when the Cold War alert situation was going on?
Speaker 3: So I vaguely remember air raid siren posters like there were different It was a bell schedule or whatever. It was like, this is what sounds the this is what the fire alarm sounds like, you know, three long rings of the bell. The other one was this is what the earthquake drill sounds like. And it was you know, quick shots of the bell. And then the air raid siren or the air raid notification was a long bell, short bell, long bell, short bell. I remember that sign, but we never did it as we never did it as kids. We never did any air raid side, but it was there in the schools that I went to. They were old enough to still have some of those posters up. There's a lot going on about this kid's family. The sheriff did mention that his mom is a sheriff's deputy. The gun, at least one of them that he used, happened to be her personal weapon. It was originally issued to her as a service weapon. The sheriff's department upgraded. They gave the opportunity, if you like your gun, you can buy it from the sheriff's department. There is also a biological mom apparently in the picture, and she is spilling secrets about the family, suggesting that dad and the sheriff's deputy stepmom, may have been very abusive, may have been very crazy, may have been trying to drag out the custody battle.
Speaker 2: This is when the ugliness begins. Yeah, what a mess.
Speaker 3: So at this point, the only we do know that one of the two victims has been identified, Robert Morales, was a worker within the dining room there in the student union.
Speaker 2: At this point, that's all we know.
Speaker 3: The sheriff did say, and if police chief did say that the two deceased were not students. So there's one of them happens to be one of the cafeteria workers, all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, Secretary of State Marco Rubio said that the US could move on from its involvements in peace negotiations to end the war in Ukraine, further distancing itself from Ukraine. It seems the administration is doing. We'll tell you what we know when we come back.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty Nash and this is Day from Torrens. Yesterday, my wife and I were in the car listening and you mentioned somebody driving erratically.
Speaker 2: I think is what you meant to say, but you.
Speaker 7: Said erotically, so I think you had a Freudian slip yesterday, but I've been saying that for years.
Speaker 1: I think erotically clearly, because when I think about people driving in LA I think about eroticism.
Speaker 2: Eroticism.
Speaker 3: Marco Rubio says, hey, we can't do this forever when it comes to Ukraine and Russia.
Speaker 2: But we're not going to continue with this endeavor for weeks and months on end.
Speaker 1: So we need to determine very quickly now, and I'm talking about a matter.
Speaker 3: Of days whether or not this is doable over the.
Speaker 6: Next a few weeks.
Speaker 3: Jd Vance had a I wouldn't say a similar message, but this is his message on Ukraine and Russia.
Speaker 8: I want to update the Prime Minister on some of the negotiations between Russia Ukraine and also some of the things that have happened even the past twenty four hours. We think we have some interesting things to report on, of course in private, so the negotiations, I won't prejudge them, but we do feel optimistic that we can hopefully bring this war, this very brutal war, to a close.
Speaker 1: Well, jad Van just said nothing. For the longest I've heard someone say nothing for quite a long time.
Speaker 2: It was eighteen seconds. My goodness, he was at this meeting.
Speaker 3: That was from the comments from yesterday when they were at a meeting with the Italian PM, Georgia Maloney. It's not clear what the plan going forward is. We do know that there is supposed to be another meeting between American and Ukrainian and Russian negotiators. I believe it's supposed to be in Paris, and I believe it's supposed to be on Monday.
Speaker 2: We don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: We don't know what's going to come out of this thing, and we don't know where we stand on all of this. This is one of those sort of the White House either playing it close to the vest, like they know what they're going to do and we don't know yet, or they simply don't know what they're going to do yet.
Speaker 2: We don't know how to read this thing.
Speaker 3: He said, Did Marco Rubio if there is no prob in the coming days that we the United States will simply move on from trying to negotiate any sort of peace deal a new meeting, like I said, oh so it's going to be in London, not in Paris. But he said that that needing could be pretty decisive in determining whether the Trump administration continues its involvement. How do you, I don't know. I don't know how to read this White House anymore. I don't quite understand exactly what They're.
Speaker 1: A little too close to Russia for my comfort, little to hide what Russia is doing. I mean, what Russia is doing is awful. If you have a stomach for it and you dig into the headlines of what Russia has done since this inception, it's it's awful. Well, and I'm not a fan of committing to long term financial support of a country, especially when there's no you know, you look at the Middle East and there's no easy solution, there's no short term it's going to be a mess for our.
Speaker 2: Entire lifetime work. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: We're looking for the short term solutions to problems that have existed for in Russia's case, for a couple hundred years and in Middle East for a couple thousand.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like bringing democracy to a rock, you know. I mean, it's just there's going to be some parts of the world that are going to do what they do, and Ukraine and Russia are always going to fight over land. If there's any way we can stop the atrocities that are going on, I'm all for it. But this long term financial commitment when we're screwed here, so it's not like we have no problems left and we can just pass out money to the rest of the world. And I understand the value of alliances, and I understand NATO and the value of that.
Speaker 2: I get it, but I don't know what are we doing here. We're just printing money. So what do we do.
Speaker 3: Do we put pressure on Ukraine to come to the table and make these alliance, to make these concessions to Russia in terms of geographical space that they would give in the eastern part of Ukraine, Or do we put pressure on Russia to knock it off, stop throwing drones and missiles into these apartment complexes.
Speaker 2: That's just gonna do what Rush wants to do, right, Well, that's the thing. So then why don't we punish them for anything?
Speaker 3: Yes, I know we do have sanctions that have been levied against them, but we're still treating them as if they have some some intrinsic value.
Speaker 1: This administration likes Vladimir Putin, He just does. Trump likes putin all the atrocities aside. He enjoys the fact that Bouton is somebody who can just off people who disagree with him.
Speaker 2: He loves that. He thinks it's great. You think he would do it if he had the opportunity. I don't know. I'd like to think not. Yeah, I was gonna say I would hope not.
Speaker 1: But I think he gets a kick out of it. I think he's far enough or move to like, look at this guy. You can just poison people that disagree with him. That's great.
Speaker 2: There have long been rumors.
Speaker 3: I kind of agree that there's long been rumors that the Pentagon always, always, always makes new war plans. Name a country. We have a plan for you guys.
Speaker 1: This is proof that people in Washington listen to this show.
Speaker 2: We will talk about.
Speaker 1: Because who was talking about Space Wars ten years ago other than us probably we started talking about Space Wars maybe eight years ago.
Speaker 3: The production company that made the movie back in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: No, no, no Space Wars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the movie with mister bumber Puss, oh and Biractar. What are you talking about? There's only one Space Wars? Are you seriously being that ridiculous? Obviously, the biggest Space Wars is not that stupid movie that was made in two thousand and seven or whatever. Do I not remind you enough about Space Wars?
Speaker 2: Ow? It is very You're very aggressive right now. Well, I'm I'm a little hurt. Well, I just I just want you were you not here when we birthed Space Wars? Look, I do remember the cleanup.
Speaker 1: Yes, all the milestones that we have sat here and watched Space Wars go through, the evolution of mister bumber Puss.
Speaker 2: That's not a very Friday face.
Speaker 3: Just so you know, that's we'll talk about the US Space Force talking about space war fighting.
Speaker 1: You guys. I'm just saying they took a page from our books.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: What am I saying? I just I feel like that's just a curious thing. That is definitely that's one way to put it. Sure curious. It'd be like if you were never in an eating contest. What a waste?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I get it, I get it, a trash eating contest. We'll do Terror in the Skies coming up later this hour. We got some wellness stuff to talk about including it. Everybody talking about protein, how much protein you should.
Speaker 1: Be either, Oh yeah, like it's everywhere. You got to wake up and have thirty grams of protein. You got to have thirty grams of twenty grams of protein with every meal. It sounds like a lot of protein.
Speaker 3: That actually came up in the John Ham show Your Friends and Neighbors. Oh yeah, the breakfast.
Speaker 2: That the guy was making. Did you happen to see that episode? Sure, I'm sure I did. I saw all two. There's a third, Oh there is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I saw Hacks a third or the fourth last night.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, that's what we watched.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize the Friends and Neighbors show was coming out. We watched Hacks and I was like, well, it's a forty five. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Probably go to bed. I thought that was coming out today. I did too, That's why I didn't even notice it.
Speaker 1: So, and then Farmer Wants a Wife has a new episode out that one I haven't seen.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, it's kind of crazy hearing you talk about kids knowing how to react to active shooters now, because I was in an armed robbery and I knew how to act because of earthquake drills. So I saw the gun and I just ducked and covered and didn't move and just kind of meditate it and got through it a lot calmer than the other people in the bank. Pretty wow.
Speaker 2: That good for you.
Speaker 1: I would not hear Jay Shetty's voice if I saw a gun during an armed robbery.
Speaker 3: No, And we've talked about it before. We've talked about what would happen, because every time we do a story like this, there's I think a lot of us would go through the process of Okay, well, if something did happen in my place.
Speaker 1: We like to believe we would act a certain way, but it's one of those things where you just don't know until you're in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good morning to the Dynamic Duel. This is I Desert Mighty Mike Man. Gary, you sure pissed off? Shannon, have a good dick, He's like, good luck with that. That's what I did. It's still early, Gary, what's wrong?
Speaker 7: A long week? What the hell's wrong with you? Anybody that listens to the show and you hear space Wars, you know, mister bumberpuss. Anyone knows that you sit next to it. Her for how many years? Can you blank out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Shame on you?
Speaker 2: Yeah blank out?
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See it wasn't just me that's upset. It's a whole space for space wars family.
Speaker 3: United States Space Force has published what they say is a blueprint that lays out some basic principles strategies for fighting.
Speaker 2: Someone in space.
Speaker 3: They call it space war Fighting, a framework for planners.
Speaker 1: I wonder what planet the designs are about, like, if it's about the forest planet or the water planet?
Speaker 2: Pretty sure it is.
Speaker 1: Do you think that they call you Biractar and mister bumber Puss when they're putting this together.
Speaker 2: For just consultation on it? I doubt it. Do you even remember that mister Bumberpuss is half man, half cat? How could I forget? The song is stuck in my head? Do we have the song? Probably?
Speaker 3: The US Space Force described its plans to defend space capabilities and maintain the joint forces, long range kill chains, and global power projection to achieve short, mid, and long term space superiority.
Speaker 1: Did you remember that Biraktar is half alien because his mother was Alien and his father was Ukrainian.
Speaker 2: Ukrainian? Yes, you don't remember that?
Speaker 1: That's how he got his name, Biraktar, the Ukrainian war cry. You don't remember Biraktar the song?
Speaker 2: Well yeah I remember, but it wasn't all like. It wasn't Biractar, that was an hour No, but it's what he was named after. I don't miss having been half cats.
Speaker 11: He's cat swagged that so Cutcha with this horta his mom he used to do hist He's just tag of that. He's got to move to Kagger.
Speaker 2: He's got the perfection mist.
Speaker 11: He's the start of the show.
Speaker 1: I mean, that is a freaking banger. Is that what the kids still say?
Speaker 2: Probably not. Amy's smiling. I think she believes it's also a banger. Amy loves mister bumber Puss. I do, yeah, Amys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, particular space and cat and feline cat, half man, half cat.
Speaker 2: What's not to love the man part? Well, that's what makes.
Speaker 1: Him stand upright, It's what makes him such a great fighter. Also the feline personality trades make him a great fighter as well. But it's the half man, you know, That's why he smokes what I want to smoke? Why did Space Force publish this to get everybody ready for Space Wars? They wanted to our capabilities. I mean, I'm assuming it's not all of that. At this place where we like to show our capabilities. We saw some of our capabilities right on the table there in the Oval office. Remember the new the new plane, the new fighter jet we have. We're in this Kim Jong un realm of showing our capabilities right now. You don't want to mess with us. We've got lots of big, biggest capabilities.
Speaker 2: I don't like to.
Speaker 1: I know, because you and I believe in this. You prefer to just let your capabilities speak for themselves. I feel like when you're showing your capabilities too much, you're hiding something.
Speaker 2: Drive for show and putt for dough Like.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means. Oh, I see, like on the golf course. So you got to do both. You got to you gotta drive and.
Speaker 2: You gotta putt.
Speaker 3: It's clear that we can drive, but the putting is the part that will kill a lot of people.
Speaker 2: This is true, This is true. I mean a lot of golf games, not a lot of human beings, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can buy a great driver, sure and put on a show, but do you know what you're doing.
Speaker 2: On the green?
Speaker 3: You gotta get it. I don't be Okay, yeah, I think we're in the same page.
Speaker 2: We should go home, we should have never.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 1: So should we just do a whole show on Space Wars? Nope, because I was thinking of doing something fun and then it kind of presented itself.
Speaker 11: Hmmm, done up the show, mister bus yump the top of the town. Everybody's catching onto your cool need.
Speaker 2: Okay, he really is the hero we all needed.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine the marketing and the branding opportunity if you had mister bumber Puss involved with Space Force and Space Wars, like on a national level, Like, how many kids would grow up it would be like the Miami Dolphins, you know what I mean? Like how many kids would grow up knowing nothing about the Space Force but just fall in love with mister bumber Puss like the kids do when they fall in love with the dolphin. I mean, he's so lovable, he's so cool, and his capabilities are vast.
Speaker 2: Wait what you mean that people like dolphins.
Speaker 1: Sometimes kids gravitate to the Miami Dolphins because because of the dolphin, because of the dolphin and the colors, and they don't know what they're talking about. But the Dolphins benefit. We as a country could benefit from mister bumber Puss attracting a whole lesion of fans into space force.
Speaker 3: Just imagine damn people not getting called by the Dolphins and be like, yes, I love those colors.
Speaker 2: Well, the kids aren't calling Dan Marino.
Speaker 3: No, the Dolphins called Dan Marino. Never mind tearing the skies when we come back.
Speaker 1: I always thought he was going to be back at a super Bowl, you know what I mean? Everybody everyone that he'd be back.
Speaker 2: What a tragedy.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI A M six forty.
Speaker 2: It's time for terror in this guy.
Speaker 11: Flight is zero Nier York, lay for day off, Roger, get off my plane, Rogerick Rogers. What's our victor? Victor?
Speaker 6: No, isn't I have handed to put these muncky pipe snakes on this money? It's Gary and Shannon's Terror in the Skies on KFI.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a couple of good ones.
Speaker 3: Passengers on the Frontier Airline's flight from Orlando to San Juan, Puerto Rico Tuesday got a little scared. Their plane suffered a hard landing when it went down. Flight thirty five oh six managed to touchdown at Luis Marin International Airport after a second attempt.
Speaker 1: I remember, I think it was my first year working for the Chargers, and we had really bad turbulence and on the way on the landing, I was just I was out of control. And one of the linemen he was a rookie at the time, but he's three hundred and seventy pounds and.
Speaker 2: He's like, we're all going to die. It was like almost famous. It was that moment. I mean, we all knew we weren't going to die, but he didn't. And you didn't walk up and slap the three hundred and seventy five.
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't because he's also a child yourself.
Speaker 2: Twenty one two. That's a good point. Yeah, think about that part of it.
Speaker 3: Another one Southwest Airline's flight into Houston's William Hobby International Airport on Thursday. The Airports in Houston Fire Department had to meet this plane when it landed. I had to turn around and make an emergency landing back in Houston, and then the passengers got to stop safely on the taxiway, but slides on the aircraft were deployed so that everybody could evacuate safely. That's another one of those I don't want to say it's a bucket list item because I don't want to do it. But that's one of those things that you could put on the list of things you've done that no one else has, like no one in your circle.
Speaker 2: And I can't even say.
Speaker 3: I can't even say, for example, I'm the only one I know who has flown supersonic and a fighter jet, because my father in law has done it, and I know plenty of people who've served in the military that have also done the same thing.
Speaker 2: But I don't know anybody.
Speaker 3: I don't know anyone you has had to evacuate an airplane on an inflatable slide.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say something and it's not going to be popular, and I already regret it. But you're kind of like Katie Perry, go.
Speaker 2: On, oh I'm not. I totally agree. Oh good, I absolutely I'm not.
Speaker 3: When I say I piloted a fighter jet, I always do the finger quotes in my head.
Speaker 2: I'm under no, yeah. The other one, and this is the weirdest one.
Speaker 3: This was Sunday, the engine on a United flight caught fire after a rabbit.
Speaker 2: A rabbit baffle, and right before Easter.
Speaker 3: Found itself on the runway as the airplane was departing Denver International.
Speaker 2: Then, you guys, a little bunny got sucked into the engine.
Speaker 3: What I don't quite get is I'm assuming the the suction into the front end of that engine is so great that it's gonna scoop up a little critter like a bunny.
Speaker 2: But then what comes out the other side? I mean nothing. They're such a minuscule baby bunny. Look at it, suspect, I don't know if it's a baby. Do you want to see a bunny I saw outside my door the other day? I took a picture. Sure, let's see. Where is it?
Speaker 10: Where's the picture of the bunny? Photos? Okay, where's the bunny. There's a sheep, there's a dead whale, there's a squirrel.
Speaker 2: Where that bunny?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: There it is here. It is a wildlife on that phone. Look at that bunny. Bunny? You did you keep him? Did you feed him? Did you know he ran away? He's a wild bunny. He's not home bound home bound bunny? You know what I mean? All right?
Speaker 3: Well, nineteen eighty nine versus two thousand and five thirty six years since the Menendez brothers did their deed. Why has our attitude changed as much as it has?
Speaker 2: Oh? Boy, do you know I wish you would have just seen that.
Speaker 10: What was it?
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 3: Okay, doctor Oz just took over for the centers for Medicare and Medicaid and they just hid this event at the White House. There was a little girl. I don't know if it was a family member of doctor Oz or something like that, a little girl, probably ten twelve years old. Mom was ushering her out of the Oval office with her hand over the little girl's mouth like she had just thrown out.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't know if that was in fact what happened. Oh, that's so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so embarrassing. I remember one time when I projectile vomited a cowskate on my birthday. I was about twelve on the rink. No, I think it was a line for Okay, that's better, because you ever, brink Man, Do you ever projectile vomit and you're on roller skates? No, and you're trying to get to the bathroom and you're vomiting.
Speaker 2: It was awful.
Speaker 3: More on that story, when we come back you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap