Speaker 1: You've seen the headlines, You've definitely heard the buzz about AI, and maybe you've wondered how those really cool prototypes actually become real world solutions.
Speaker 2: Right, the ones that deliver actual tangible value.
Speaker 1: Exactly what does it really take to move AI from just a concept, like a neat idea to something that actually drives business results. That's what we're getting into today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our mission here is to take you on a deep dive into well productionizing AI. We're using insights from Barry Walsh's guide on delivering AI B to B solutions, specifically with Cloud and Python.
Speaker 1: And we want to cut through the jargon right.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, focus on the essential nuggets, you know, the core ecosystem, the practical steps, the best practices for building AI apps that actually work and succeed out there.
Speaker 1: Because this isn't just about the technology itself, is it. It's more about understanding that whole journey, how AI moves from you know, pure hype to actual concrete return on investment ROI.
Speaker 2: That's the key.
Speaker 1: We want to show you why employers are so focused on these high value AI solutions and how understanding this process can give you some real aha moments about the future of tech and business and maybe you're rolling it too.
Speaker 2: So okay, let's start maybe by demystifying the AI ecosystem a bit and what we even mean by productionizing.
Speaker 1: AI good idea.
Speaker 2: For years, AI felt like it was always just around the corner. But now, well, now it's actually delivering, and things like the pandemic definitely accelerated that.
Speaker 1: Shaw that with chatbots, right, suddenly they were everywhere for customer service.
Speaker 2: Exactly, or deep learning aiding, healthcare diagnostics, even computer vision for remember the social distancing stuff. Oh yeah, these weren't just lab experiments. They became pretty critical tools fast.
Speaker 1: And the really big shift, Walsh points this out, is moving beyond those cool but maybe isolated, standalone AI projects. Companies are now chasing this bigger enterprise AI vision and the market for that it's projected at what three hundred and forty one billion dollars huge.
Speaker 2: It's massive. Yeah, So it's not just one off solutions anymore. It's got to be a broader, integrated strategy.
Speaker 1: Which demands something different. Right, this industrialization of.
Speaker 2: AI exactly, that's the term. It means focusing on reusability, scalability, safety, and this is key building these things in right from.
Speaker 1: The design face, not just an afterthought.
Speaker 2: Definitely not an afterthought. That way, AI becomes a reliable business asset, not just you know, a science.
Speaker 1: Project that makes complete sense. But okay, if it's such a clear benefit, what holds companies back? What are the hurdles they face trying to get this enterprise AI thing going?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: You know, even with all the potential, a lot of companies do struggle. Sometimes it's just a lack of awareness of what AI can really.
Speaker 1: Do, or they're stuck with old tools.
Speaker 2: That too, legacy tools, maybe a general resistance to innovation. And of course you always have ethical concerns or worries about jobs understandable, but ultimately, the best way to look at it, the forward thinking view is augmented intelligence AI designed to solve specific business problems, and often there's still a human in the.
Speaker 1: Loop right guiding it, checking it exactly.
Speaker 2: It's about augmenting what humans can do, not necessarily replacing them entirely.
Speaker 1: That's a really important distinction. Now, Okay, core concepts sometimes terms get jumbled. What we're mostly using in business today, that's narrow AI.
Speaker 2: That's right, machines designed for one single specific task like Google Translate. It's amazing at translation, but you can't ask it about the weather, right.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have general smarts, the sci fi version the thinking machine that's artificial general intelligence AGI still mostly theory, still.
Speaker 2: Very much theory. And within narrow AI, the key techniques we use are machine learning mL and deep learning DL.
Speaker 1: And deep learning is a type of machine learning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically a more advanced subset. It's specifically built for tackling those really complex big data problems, often using structures we call neural networks.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if mL and DL are the techniques, how does data science fit in? Where does that sit?
Speaker 2: Good question? Data science is kind of the big umbrella. Think of it, covering everything the modeling, statistics, programming, plus crucially knowing the business domain, all aimed at extracting real insights and value from data. It's the whole toolkit you need, really.
Speaker 1: And honestly, none of this would scale what it without. The cloud. Cloud computing is just fundamental for.
Speaker 2: AI today, absolutely essential. It's the primary enabler.
Speaker 1: And when we talk cloud, everyone knows the big three Aws, Microsoft, Azure, Google Cloud Platform GCP.
Speaker 2: Those are the main players for sure, though you also have others like IBM Cloud Heroku doing significant work too.
Speaker 1: The key things the cloud provides for AI are basically storage and compute power.
Speaker 2: Right, that's it, storage and compute, And it's worth noting deep learning projects they need a lot of both, huge overhead.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, but machine learning is maybe less demanding.
Speaker 2: Off and yeah, mL projects can frequently run with fewer resources. What's interesting though, a trend we're seeing is companies worried about vendor.
Speaker 1: Lock, being stuck with one provider.
Speaker 2: Exactly, so they're moving towards multi cloud or hybrid setups. Gives them more flexibility strategically, and.
Speaker 1: How do they package these AI applications up to run reliably everywhere? That's a containerization, isn't it like Docker spot on containerization.
Speaker 2: Docker's the big name there. Has pretty much become the standard way to productionize AI apps. Why is that, Well, think of containers like those standard shipping containers. They bundle everything the app needs, code, libraries, settings. It makes them lightweight, portable, and they run in isolated environments.
Speaker 1: So consistent deployment no matter the underlying.
Speaker 2: System precisely really important for getting things working reliably in production.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we have the concepts, the cloud foundation. Now let's dig into the operational side, the blueprint. Barry Walsh really hammers this home data strategy is paramount. He cites the numbers something like eighty nine percent of businesses struggle with data management.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a striking figure, isn't it. And his point is without a solid data strategy, your analytics, your AI initiatives, they're likely doomed from the start.
Speaker 1: That's a sobering thought, it is.
Speaker 2: And to tackle that exact challenge, we have this methodology called data ops.
Speaker 1: Okay, data ops, what's that about?
Speaker 2: Basically merges ideas from DevOps, agile methods and lean manufacturing.
Speaker 1: Principles and data obviously, right.
Speaker 2: The core goal is to streamline your data pipelines, really boost data quality and reliability, shorten that innovation cycle time, cut down.
Speaker 1: Production error, and improve collaboration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, often through things like self service tools. It fosters this culture of continuous improvement, encouraging experimentation, sort of lab based innovation with data.
Speaker 1: Okay, So data ops handles the data flow and quality. Then you mentioneds mlops.
Speaker 2: Yes. Now, a really critical insight here is that AI and machine learning aren't just about code code plus data.
Speaker 1: And the data part is tricky because it changes exactly code development.
Speaker 2: We kind of know how to control that, but data is dynamic, it evolves on its own, and that's a massive challenge. There's this frustrating statistic that less than half of mL models actually make it into production.
Speaker 1: Wow, less than half?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not great, it's not. And that's precisely where MLUPS comes in. It applies all those proven best practices from DevOps and data ops, but specifically to the entire machine learning life cycle.
Speaker 1: So from the very beginning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, data prep, model training, all the way through deployment, monitoring, and that vital continuous improvement. Looplops is really about bridging that gap, that painful gap between developing a model and actually using it effectively in the real world.
Speaker 1: And you mentioned agile methods are key in data ops, same for mlops.
Speaker 2: Absolutely central Agile fosters that collaboration and adaptability you need. AI project teams ideally are really diverse.
Speaker 1: Who's usually on them.
Speaker 2: You'll have business users, data arket, tech solution architects, data engineers, data scientists, mL engineers, IT operations folks, everyone.
Speaker 1: Involved, and they work in sprints typically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, development sprints or product sprints, usually two to four weeks long. This lets them prioritize and deliver features fixed bugs incrementally.
Speaker 1: The benefits seem clear.
Speaker 2: Then more flexibility, definitely faster delivery times too, and crucially, you reduce the risk of building something nobody actually wants or needs because you're constantly adapting to changing requirements as you learn more.
Speaker 1: Collaboration sounds key. You mentioned tools like get and GitHub. How do they fit in?
Speaker 2: They're huge version control, especially distributed version control systems or dvcs like Geit is just invaluable. It tracks and manages changes not just a source code, but also to your data sets as.
Speaker 1: They evolve, tracking data changes too. That's interesting for AI.
Speaker 2: It's a massive benefit. Get helps reduce development time, leads to much higher success rates for deployments, gives you transparent traceability. You know exactly who change what when, and critically the ability to roll back.
Speaker 1: To a previous version if something goes wrong.
Speaker 2: Exactly previous states of both code and data. The getub ecosystem ties it all together. You've got the command line tool get itself, the cloud hosting on GitHub, and a desktop app too. Makes team collaboration much.
Speaker 1: Smoother, and then automating the whole release pipeline. That's CICD right. Continuous integration continues delivery.
Speaker 2: That's the one. CICD automates the build, test, and deployment stages. It lets you push out software updates constantly, reliably with minimal manual fuss.
Speaker 1: How does that apply specifically in the AI data ops world.
Speaker 2: Well, the automation extends even further there. It includes orchestrating your data pipelines automatically. It can even integrate things like data drift detection.
Speaker 1: What's data drift?
Speaker 2: That's when the live data your model season production starts looking different from the data it was trained on, which can really mess up performance.
Speaker 1: Ah, So CICD can catch.
Speaker 2: That, it can trigger alerts or even automated MITL retraining tools like Jenkins makes setting up these CICD environments relatively straightforward. Using pipeline scripts. It just makes the whole D end process much more efficient and robust.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's switch gears slightly and talk about the data itself, because we hear about the data deluge all the time. What was that prediction? One hundred and seventy five zetabytes by twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Something staggering like that. Yeah, a zetabyte is a trilly gigabytes. It's almost impossible to comprehend.
Speaker 1: But the real challenge, the insight for businesses isn't just the volume, is it. It's the messiness.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, raw data almost never comes ready to use. Companies often seriously underestimate the sheer effort needed to turn that raw stuff into clean, valuable data.
Speaker 1: And that's a critical step.
Speaker 2: It can absolutely make or break an AI project right at the start. Many initiatives stumble right there because they underestimate the cleaning and prep work.
Speaker 1: So how do you manage that influx? IBM has this concept the AI Ladder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it outlines a strategic sequence collect, organize, analyze, and then infuse AI. A key part of it is unifying your data, often across multiple clouds, maybe using a data lake.
Speaker 1: Unification is key for getting that complete picture totally.
Speaker 2: And this leads us to data pipelines. These are the automated workflows that move.
Speaker 1: Data around like plumbing for data kind.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, automated series of actions extract or ingest data from sources, transform it so it's usable, and then load it into a data store for analysis. It's that classic extract transform load loop ETL.
Speaker 1: Let's break that ETL down.
Speaker 3: Extraction that's just pulling data from all sorts of places text files, databases, websites, APIs, and increasingly using efficient formats like Parquet or AVRO. Then transformation that's the prep work getting the data ready for whatever system comes next. Involves formatting, filtering out bad data, encoding things, numerically, scaling values, normalizing, maybe splitting data sets lots of steps.
Speaker 1: Potentially, and finally loading, just.
Speaker 2: Putting that cleaned transformed data into its final destination, the data store.
Speaker 1: Okay eto. But then there's another term, data wrangling. How is that different from transformation?
Speaker 2: Good question. Data wrangling is maybe more active, more iterative. It happens after you've acquired the data, but before you start building models. Unlike say, exploratory data analysis, where you're just looking, wrangling actively changes the data to make it suitable for mL or.
Speaker 1: DL, So it's really shaping the data for the model exactly.
Speaker 2: It includes things like deciding how to handle missing values, do you drop the rows, fill them with the average, interpolate. It also means dealing with outliers, encoding, categorical data, scaling, numerical features. It's all about optimizing the data for the algorithm.
Speaker 1: Right, makes sense. So once the data is wrangled, you need somewhere to put it. You mentioned data lakes.
Speaker 2: Yep, data lakes are popular. They're basically a single large repository for all kinds of data, raw, structured, unstructured, semi structured. Great for handling that variety of velocity, volume, veracity the vis of big data.
Speaker 1: But there's a catch.
Speaker 2: There is Without really good cataloging and governance, a data lake can easily turn into a data swamp, just a mess of unusable data.
Speaker 1: Okay, so governance is crucial. What about data warehouses?
Speaker 2: Data warehouses are traditionally more structured, clean organized data, mostly structured, often serving as the single source of truth for reporting and analytics, though modern ones are getting better at handling unstructured data too.
Speaker 1: And data marts.
Speaker 2: Those are usually smaller, focused subsets of a data warehouse, tailored for a specific department or analytical need.
Speaker 1: And there's a newer concept, lakehouse.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The lakehouse idea tries to blend the best of both the flexibility and cheap storage of a data lake, combined with the data management and structure features of a data warehouse still evolving but.
Speaker 1: Promising, and choosing between ETL and ELT. That's a strategic decision too, right Definitely.
Speaker 2: ETL extract transform load is the classic way transform the data before loading it. Often good for structured data or migrating to the cloud. ELT ELT xtract load transform flips it. You'd load the raw data into storage first, then transform it. This is really popular for data lakes and exploratory analysis.
Speaker 1: Why more flexibility exactly?
Speaker 2: Data scientists can access the raw data and decide on transformations later as they figure out what they need. Much more agile for exploration.
Speaker 1: Than the databases themselves. SQL versus no SQL quick rundown sure.
Speaker 2: SQL databases think Microsoft SQL server, my School postgress are relational. They use pre defined schemas prey structured. Great for complex analytical queries. What we call ol app using powerful joints and no SQL, no SEQL like Mungo, DBE, Cassandra AWS, DynamoDB are non relational, often schemeless or flexible schema designed for massive scale, high speed and handling frequent changes like in web apps. Often used for OLTP transactional.
Speaker 1: Data and what if you need insights right now from data that's constantly flowing.
Speaker 2: Ah, then you need stream processing and analytics. This is about querying data streams as they arrive in your real time. Crucial when the data's value drops.
Speaker 1: Quickly, like IoT sensor data or stock prices.
Speaker 2: Perfect examples. Tools like Apache storms, Spark, streaming, flink, COFKA, streams, aws, kinesis. They're all built for this kind of high speed, continuous querying and analysis, getting insights in milliseconds or seconds.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've got the data flowing stored prepped. Let's finally dive into the engine machine learning and deep learning. Starting with mL. Supervised learning, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Probably the most common type. You train the model on data where you already know the right answer the label.
Speaker 1: Like predicting customer churn you have pass data on who left exactly.
Speaker 2: That's a classification problem. Or forecasting customer revenue based on passbending. That's a regression known inputs, known outputs.
Speaker 1: Then unsupervised learning, this is where it gets interesting.
Speaker 2: You don't have labels. The goal is to find hidden patterns or structures in the data itself.
Speaker 1: Like grouping similar customers together.
Speaker 2: Right, that's clustering. Another key technique is dimensionality reduction, like PCA principle component analysis. It helps simplify massive data sets by finding the most important underlying features, making them easier to work with.
Speaker 1: And then there's reinforcement learning. That sounds different.
Speaker 2: Again it is. It's about real time learning. An agent learns by trial and error in an environment, getting rewards or penalties for its.
Speaker 1: Actions, like training a robot to walk, yeah.
Speaker 2: Or gameplaying AI. Google Search Engine uses IT. Autonomous vehicles rely heavily on IT. Robotics. It's powering some really advanced applications.
Speaker 1: Okay, And building on mL, we get to deep learning. This is where the really complex stuff happens. Right.
Speaker 2: Pretty much, DL extends mL using these things called artificial neural networks A and NS, often with many, many hidden layers. They're loosely inspired by the brain structure.
Speaker 1: Why is DL booming now? These ideas aren't brand.
Speaker 2: New, true, the concepts have been around, but it's the massive leap in computing power, especially from GPUs, and huge amounts of data that have made training these deep networks feasible. Think milestones like IBM's Deep Blue beating Caspar.
Speaker 1: Ofv Watson on Jeopardy.
Speaker 2: Image net breakthroughs, Google Deep minds alphag These were all powered by or pushed the limits of deep learning and the hardware behind it.
Speaker 1: And inside deal. There are different kinds of neural networks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, whole zoo of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For image recognition, the standard is convolutional neural networks CNNs. They're brilliant at picking out sparal hierarchies of features in images, treating them as multidimensional grids or tensors.
Speaker 1: Tensors right, like complex spreadsheets.
Speaker 2: Sort of, yeah, multidimensional arrays. Then for sequential data time series language, you have for current neural networks RNNs and a more powerful variant called LSTMs long short term memory models.
Speaker 1: They have memory of past inputs essentially.
Speaker 2: Yes, they maintain a state that captures information from previous steps in the sequence, and then you get into networks. They can even generate new data like auto encoders or variational auto.
Speaker 1: Encoders and the famous JANS generative adversarial networks.
Speaker 2: That's them, the tech behind deep fakes. They learn patterns from input data and can create incredibly realistic synthetic images, text, even music.
Speaker 1: Wild stuff. What tools do people use to build these?
Speaker 2: Python is king here. The dominant frameworks are TensorFlow, which is Google's open source library, and Keras, which is a high level API that makes TensorFlow much easier to use.
Speaker 1: And the other big one.
Speaker 2: PyTorch from Facebook. It's another very popular open source framework known for its flexibility and dynamic approach often preferred in research.
Speaker 1: Building the model is one thing, but getting it to perform well, that's tuning right, sounds complex.
Speaker 2: It's definitely an iterative process, almost an art form. Sometimes you need to choose the right activation functions, deciding how neurons fire, select appropriate loss functions to measure the model's air, and pick good optimization algorithms to adjust the model's internal weights to minimize that error.
Speaker 1: And then there are hyper parameters like dials you can turn exactly.
Speaker 2: Think of them as settings outside the model that control the learning process itself. Things like the learning rate, how many examples you process at once, the batch size, and really important techniques like regularization dropout.
Speaker 1: What does regularization do?
Speaker 2: It helps prevent the model from overfitting. That's where it learns the training data too well, including noise, and then fails to generalize to new unseen data. Dropout is a common way to fight that. Fine tuning these hyper parameters is critical for getting good results.
Speaker 1: You know, thinking back, we've seen so many cool AI prototypes over the years, but historically it didn't a lot of them just fail to make it into actual use.
Speaker 2: Sadly, yes, that was a common story, often due to those operational silos we talked about, or maybe relying too much on niche experts, models being too complex and code heavy, core integration, lots of reasons.
Speaker 1: But it feels like that's changing now, like there's an automation revolution happening.
Speaker 2: I think that's fair to say, and that's where auto mL comes in alongside noload no code low code platforms.
Speaker 1: Okay, AUTOMML automating machine learning pretty much.
Speaker 2: It automates big chunks of the mL workflow, data prep, picking the right algorithm, tuning those tricky hyper parameters we just discussed, even deploying the model takes a lot of the manual gruntwork and guesswork out of it. And the no LO platform these are crucial for well democratizing AI. They provide user interfaces that let people who aren't hardcore data scientists build and deploy AI.
Speaker 1: Solutions, so business analysts maybe exactly.
Speaker 2: It enables a shift from older rule based automation to more intelligent AI infused cognitive Robotic process automation or CRPA, making automation smarter.
Speaker 1: How does auto mL actually work underneath? How does it find the best model?
Speaker 2: It uses clever search algorithms. Simple ones exist like random search or grid search, but the really powerful ones are adaptive like Bayesian.
Speaker 1: Optimization Asian optimization.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It learns from each model it tries based on how well previous configurations performed. It intelligently decides which combination of algorithm and hyper parameters to try next. It's much more efficient than just trying things.
Speaker 1: Randomly, like a smarter trial and error exactly.
Speaker 2: And for coders who want automation, they are great Python libraries too, things like PI, Carrot for low code, mL, Autosklern, Autowaika, even tPOT which uses genetic programming to evolve entire bipelines.
Speaker 1: Beyond libraries, there are full platforms now right enterprise level stuck.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the major cloud providers and others have comprehensive offerings. IBM cloud Pack for data is when it aims to be a unified platform with a data fabric approach, and its AUTOAI feature automates the process and.
Speaker 1: Ranks models and Azure.
Speaker 2: Azure Machine Learning has really strong cloud integration and built in automated mL features. Google Cloud vertex AI again a unified platform tightly integrated with all the other Google Cloud servicesws awsage Maker Autopilot is their main offering for simplifying the model building, often paired with sage Maker data Wrangler for the data prep side.
Speaker 1: And TensorFlow has its own too.
Speaker 2: Yep, TensorFlow Extended or TFX. It's open source from Google, specifically designed for a building scalable production mL pipelines and end to end mL alps. These platforms are really making productionizing AI much more.
Speaker 1: Achievable, and the impact of the NOLO interfaces on these platforms seems massive.
Speaker 2: It really is. They're essential for getting more people involved, broader stakeholder engagement, moving AI out of just the data science lab and into the hands of people across the business. That's huge for adoption.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we've got data models, automation. How do we actually go from concept to a working solution? What's the process?
Speaker 2: Well, the advice is generally to follow an agile approach, start small, but keep that bigger enterprise AI picture in mind.
Speaker 1: Is there framework.
Speaker 2: Wells suggests a kind of seven step process beig a specific well defined problem, develop low fideli solutions quickly, prototypes, iterate, maybe try different related problems, collaborate like on Cagle competitions to learn and always always make sure the solution delivers real measurable value.
Speaker 1: And you need to write infrastructure underneath all this, absolutely critical things like APIs, application programming interfaces, and endpoints.
Speaker 2: These are the standard ways you expose your trained mL models so other applications or UIs can use it, usually as a web service like Arrest API.
Speaker 1: That's how the model gets called.
Speaker 2: To make predictions precisely and to handle big data volumes and lots of users hating those APIs, you need serious processing power distributed processing clusters.
Speaker 1: This is where GPUs come in.
Speaker 2: Yes, GPUs graphics profits units and now TPUs TensorFlow processing units are key because they excel at the parallel computations needed for deep learning. And newer things are emerging too, like DPUs data processing units and FPGA's Field Programmable.
Speaker 1: Data RAYSE and dealing with massive data sets.
Speaker 2: Techniques like sharding are used. It basically means splitting your data horizontally. Across multiple servers, so you can process it in parallel and handle huge volumes.
Speaker 1: So the models deployed via an API, how do users interact with it through user interfaces?
Speaker 2: UIs right, and Python being the main AI language, has great tools for building these UIs quickly like what, Well, there's dash which is excellent for building analytical web dashboards. Flask is a popular lightweight framework good for simpler web apps or API back ends. Django is more of a full featured, batteries included framework for bigger projects.
Speaker 1: And I've heard a lot about streamlet recently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, streamlint has become incredibly popular because it makes it super easy to turn data scripts into sharable web apps with sliders, buttons, charts very quickly, great for prototyping and sharing results.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see AI and action. How is all this impacting different industries?
Speaker 2: The impact is becoming really widespread.
Speaker 1: Take telecommunications, what are they doing?
Speaker 2: A big focus is predictive analytics for customer churn, trying to figure out who might leave based on factors like price, customer service interactions, network coverage issues. They also use real time dashboards and sentiment analysis.
Speaker 1: Using NLP on social media.
Speaker 2: Exactly like analyzing Twitter data using the API to gauge customer feelings about the b or service quality. What about retail again, churn and retention are huge, mining customer data, purchase history, website behavior demographics to build models predicting who might leave and why. Also lots of predictive analytics for online sales trends and customer behavior patterns.
Speaker 1: And banking and finance fraud detection must be a big one.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's kind of the flagship AI use case there, combining sophisticated machine learning with complex rule engines to spot anomalies flag suspicious transactions in real time. It's constantly evolving to catch new fraud patterns.
Speaker 1: Supply chain management seems ripe for optimization.
Speaker 2: Definitely, optimization and prescriptive analytics are key using AI to better match supply with demand, optimize delivery routes, improve planning and scheduling, ultimately aiming to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Healthcare and pharma, we're seeing a lot more chatbots and intelligent virtual assistance ivas being used for patient support, appointment scheduling, even initial mental health screening or support leveraging NLP and NLG Natural language generation for human.
Speaker 1: Like interaction and human resources. Can AI help there?
Speaker 2: Yeah. HR analytics is a growing field using AI for better recruitment, screening resumes, identifying promising candidates, talent management, improving employee experience and employee attrition. Modeling is a big one, figuring out why people leave and how to keep your best talent.
Speaker 1: It seems like it's touching almost everywhere.
Speaker 2: It really is. Manufacturing with industry four point zero predictive maintenance on machines, cybersecurity using mL and DL to detect sophisticated attacks, insurance especially telematics, data from cars for risk assessment and personalized premiums. Even the legal sector for automating research and contract review.
Speaker 1: Wow. And a key trend speeding this all up is using pre trained models, right, not building from scratch every time.
Speaker 2: That's a really important point. It's becoming much more common. Instead of spending months training your own massive model, you can leverage powerful pre trained models offered by cloud providers or others through simple.
Speaker 1: APIs like for analyzing text.
Speaker 2: Yeah, things like the Azure Text Analytics API or Google's teachable machines, which lets you train models easily. Walsh's guide even mentions using models like day L for generating creative images. It massively accelerates development.
Speaker 1: So quite a journey we've taken today, a real deep dive through this well sometimes complex world of productionizing AI.
Speaker 2: We covered a lot of ground, Yeah, from.
Speaker 1: The basic ecosystem, the data strategies, the crucial roles of data ops and emil ups, then into the mechanics of machine learning, deep learning, the automation with AutoML and NOLO.
Speaker 2: And finally see how it all comes together in real world applications across so many industries.
Speaker 1: And I think what's really clear, what stands out is that getting AI solutions delivered successfully it's not just about having a clever model, not at all.
Speaker 2: It's the entire end to end process, robust data pipelines, smart storage, careful orchestration, testing, continuous monitoring once it's live. It's the whole life cycle.
Speaker 1: It really is a journey, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Definitely, And as we've touched on, that journey is full of amazing technical opportunities, but also, let's be honest, some very practical challenges.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So maybe the deep dive for you the listener now is to think beyond just what AI can do think about how it's actually brought to life.
Speaker 2: Consider those hidden costs. Maybe cloud services for development aren't free. Managing data that constantly changes, that's complex.
Speaker 1: And needing the right mix of skills in your workforce to actually pull it all off exactly.
Speaker 2: The real AHA moment might come from understanding those underlying infrastructures, the economic realities, the operational hurdles that make AI really happen, or sometimes surprisingly make it harder than you'd think.