Speaker 1: Welcome to Here's to Your Health With Joshua Lane. Here's to Your Health discusses the current thinking and wellness, bringing you the most influential thinkers in beauty, fitness, and longevity. Your host, Joshua Lane, was part of the Doctor and Wigmore team that helped bring wheat, grass sprouts and raw foods to a worldwide audience and now the host of Here's to Your Health. Joshua Lane.
Speaker 2: Welcome to this edition of Here's to Your Health. I'm your host, josh Lane, and my guest is doctor Thomas Leedy. Doctor Leedy is an MD and also a graduate attorney and Doctor Levy has a long history of being involved with wellness issues, including the use of the importance of vitamin C, the problems with root canal, all sorts of issues that today we kind of take for granted as being well. Of course we know that, but when doctor Thomas Levy was discussing this and studying this, this subject was really dismissed. And now it's great that if the information is correct and if you persevere, then people do learn about it. Doctor Thomas Levy, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, glad to be here.
Speaker 2: Joshua very happy to have you on as we begin the show, Doctor Levy, you are a graduate MD, practicing MD, and also you are a graduate practicing attorney. And so where did you receive your academic training?
Speaker 3: Well, I got my biology degree from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, and then subsequently got my medical degree and all of my postgraduate medical treatment, internship, residency, fellowship, and faculty at the Tulane University School of Medicine. And then much later, after I got into a few things that we may or may not talk about, I decided it was that idea to get a law degree too, and I got graduated from the University of Denver School of Law and then passed the bar.
Speaker 2: Wow. Okay, so we know, sir, that you can study. We do know that.
Speaker 4: Okay, very good, Okay, very good. Okay.
Speaker 2: Now now today, actually you have a subject which frankly, I had never even heard about as an issue affecting us, and that is yeah, and we've been working on removing iron filings from fortified foods. Let me just repeat that for the audience, removing iron filings from fortified foods. Now, please, sir, tell me about that. I never heard about that.
Speaker 3: Well, actually it's been going on since nineteen forty one. At the time, it was observed by our public health authorities that there were populations of children and starving nations that had iron deficiency anemia, and they said, well, we can't possibly have that in the United States, so they just decided with a genius move to start putting iron in all food. Well, iron is what I call a toxic nutrient. You absolutely need it at a certain minimal level to function as coenzymes in your body and to build enough of a blood plot. But ironically enough, the way the body works, high levels of iron are also what triggered extreme oxidative stress and program cell death. So basically, the higher your iron level goes beyond what you absolutely need is pure toxicity, increase heart disease, increase cancer, and increased all cause mortality. That's probably your most important statistic. The higher your iron level goes, the sooner you die and the more diseases you have. Problem is, we've been sort of brainwashed since I don't mean to be flipping about this, since the days of pop by the sailor Man, pop by the sailor Man eat his spinach, which was hot. A lot of iron, and because I'm super strong. And actually, since I've started this, I've gotten some really nasty, nasty emails and the texts from people, Why are you trying to take out this important nutrient? Iron should be a prescription item only, and it should be only given when a doctor diagnoses specifically an iron deficiency anemia and then gives you enough iron so that you can to rebuild your blood count. But beyond that is pure toxicity.
Speaker 2: Wow, well I did not. That's just amazing information. Our guest is doctor Thomas Levy. Doctor Thomas Levy is a physic practicing physician, graduate of Tulane and also a graduate attorney. Now about iron is essential, So in other words, you're I'm not putting words in your mouth. Your position is we should eat our iron foods like we should eat spinach and we should eat beats. But really, in your opinion, based on your scientific research, we should not be taking iron supplements absolutely never.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's pre oxicity. And that's why I say, and believe me, Philosophically, I want there to be less and less prescription drugs and more and more supplements available without intervening a doctor. Not the case with iron. Iron is absolutely something that we've been misschooled on, and unfortunately lots of docs don't have the scoop on it either. We actually have so many cancer doctors where people have a chronic anemia, but it's not an iron deficiency anemia. It's a anemia of chronic disease, and they just give iron because they think iron is good for anemia. No, it's only good for iron deficiency anemia. And they actually end up poisoning their patients even more by giving something they don't need that actively increases the oxidative stress inside their body. And we don't have a whole lot of time, but let me just tell you, and this has comes from my most recent book, The only cause of disease, The only cause of disease are things that oxidize. The only things that oxidize are toxins. And when I say oxidation, I mean they go in, they hit a biomolecule, protein, fat, enzyme, and they take electrons away and then they inactivate that biomolecule. So the more toxic you have, the more biomolecules you have inactivated. And it's that pattern of inactivation that comprises every disease. So the whole point and very very simple. What involves a lot of data. Is the key to good health is minimize your toxic exposure and maximize your nutrient antioxidant intake.
Speaker 2: Well, our guest is doctor Thomas Leedy, doctor Levy, is isn't it practicing attorney as many as of experience with wellness? Like to mention this way before people were paying much attention. That is, back in the seventies, doctor Leevy was paying attention to this, doctor Levy. So when we eat beats, which I guess is you know everyone kind of loves steam beats, So is that a good choice we want to eat beats?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Any good balance of fresh vegetables, especially those that are produced organically that not only have less toxins in it, but more nutrients. That's another problem with our health is due to our fertilizers and our lifestyle and external toxins, the actual content nutrient content of wonderful, fresh tasting vegetables is depleted dramatically over the last fifty or sixty years. So no, But the more I'm not pro vegetarian. I think meat is an essential part of the diet to get a full balance of all the amino acids that you need. But whether you're a vegetarian, whether you eat a little bit of meat, whether you eat a lot of meat, it should always be of the purest form. Okay, because our primary sources of toxins are environmental okay, food, air, and water. But even more importantly, and you alluded to this before we started we were just having a chat, the primary sources of toxes that cause all disease come from pathogens. They come from pathogen growth infections or pathogen colonizations. Because all the pathoges do as they multiply, as they produce toxic metabolic products. And then especially in the nose and throat, what you do you swallow them. When you swallow them, you poison your gut. You change the microbiome into a pathogen ridden microbiome. You poison the proximal gut so that it becomes leaky, and just by not addressing the pathogens in your mouth, nose, and throat infections and colonizations, you ultimately turn your gut into a poison producing factory that really exacerbates all diseases they go throughout your body. So it's simple in one way, and it's not difficult to do the right things.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: But I mean you go to the drug store and you see aisles and aisles and aisles of gut products. Okay, constipation, diarrhea, acid, nausea, all these sort of things. That's because nearly everybody has this pathage and colonization that's never been addressed. There's things you can do about it, but when you do address it, these gut things resolve dramatically. I've actually had unsolicited I've had emails for patients who have started doing what's called hydrogen peroxide nebulization that cleans out the nose and throat from these pathogen colonizations. And in one case, a woman's sixteen year old child son, over the course of a month or two, completely resolved his prose disease that he had had for many years and he had been bedridden. Another woman had a family just with black mold disease. They had all been sick for years. They all started doing this that all resolved. Point being is the gut regenerates itself very quickly if you stop poisoning it. Didn't want to go off on a hall attention. It's really a critical factor that plays into all diseases. I mean, I'm not saying a normal gut, everything goes away. But you get a normal gut, everything gets better.
Speaker 2: Right, right, great information are for those just tuning into the show. Our guest is doctor Thomas Leevy. Doctor Thomas Leevee is an MD and also a graduate practicing attorney, and he's been following these ideas on wellness fifty years, which is really only when you get to be older men the way doctor Leevy and I are. Can you actually use it words like fifty years and it's people saying, oh, yeah, okay, fifty years, we get it. You know, you can't possibly notice when you're twenty, doctor Leevy, what the statements just made about problems with the nose and mouth as far as promoting ill health in US. So, if you don't mind, the conversation about root canal has been a topic that I remember when I was a young man, people said, oh, Joshua, go take a hike. Don't talk to me about that. You just have You're just you're an airhead at best, really criminal, but their head at best. And so doctor Leevy at this point, since not only do we have problems with root canal, but the new technology of implanting teeth drilling into the jaw. Can you please talk about root canal and the problems associated with root canal that you have been studying for at least forty years and probably closer to fifty years.
Speaker 3: Well, let me start by making a very dramatic mold and I feel as completely scientifically validated statement, which is, one or more root canal teeth in someone's mouth represents the primary reason for them to either have a heart attack or get breast cancer.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, that is as.
Speaker 3: Clear cutting, straightforward as I can make it. All heart disease in the carinary arteries. You actually find colonization of pathogens in the mouth growing inside the blood vessel of the carinary artery, which causes an immune response to try to get rid of it, and that immune response causes a proliferation called atheroma that ultimately blocks it off. But when you clean out the mouth and get the nutrients and antioxidants up and I'm a cardiologist, incidentally, the board certified cardiologist atheroscrosis not only stops evolving, it resolves the same teeth you chew on them. You express limph into the system and they drain into the breasts and that the primary cause of breast the seats. Why because one percent of root canal treated teeth are chronically infected and have most of the time of detectable abscess at the root tips. Other times the abscess is less apparent, but the tooth is always infected because you rout it out the nerve and pulp supply of the tooth. You cored out a physiology. You took out the connective tissue, the blood vessels, the nerves, and the immune cells. Filled that hollow thing with a filling, and that's your root canal. Well, once you do that, the tooth is not only always infected, but it can't deal with anything else coming in new and you always developed these abscessies. The problem is the only reason the root canal is done is for pain. Somebody gets an acute infection and it really hurts. So what does the deist do the end of DNAs, They go in and they rout out the tooth temporarily drained the abscess, but in routing out the tooth they cut all the nerves. So they eliminate the pain of the infection, but they don't eliminate the infection. So this has been well established long before my time by Western Price in the nineteen thirties. I mean he took root canal treaty teeth from patients that had different illnesses heart disease, neurologic diseases, kidney disease, and you know this might sound a little cruel, or whateverbody had rabbits and he would take an extracted root canal treaty toth, you tuck it underneath the skin of the rabbit, and the rabbit would in a few days die of the same disease that the person had. Not only that, he would take that same root canal treated tooth and tuck it under the skin of thirty or forty consecutive rabbits, and it still had enough potency to kill all of them. So these toxins are enormously potent, and they're especially potent because what also happens at a root canal is you have eliminated the oxygen. A lot of the microorganisms and low grade pathogens in your mouth become phenomenally toxic when you put them in an oxygen deprived or completely oxygen depleted environment. Anaerobic so anaerobic metabolism makes these pathages explode with toxicity like botulism. That's what happens with botulism. And in fact, the toxins that doctor Hal Huggins and doctor BOYD Haley looked at some forty years ago more or more all contained high tox Since that, we're far more toxic than batualism, which traditional mainstream medicine right now considers to be our most toxic substance.
Speaker 2: Our guest is doctor Thomas Levy. Doctor Levy is an MD, has been doing this for many many years on wellness and is really an important figure. Doctor Leevy. These ideas about root canal, which I have been reading about since I guess the seventies, and people were very dismissive. Then is this considered now the information you're offering now, are more and more people realizing, oh yeah, this is a problem or they still say no, doctor Levy, we're not listening to you. Further, not only they're not listening to you, but now they're drilling holes in our jaw to stick in.
Speaker 4: Teeth.
Speaker 2: And again, we all want to look good cosmetically. I mean, I get it, except that you know, we're not statues where real people. You know, we need blood supply. So is the problem worse now or is it better?
Speaker 3: It is better, okay. I mean we're not close to reaching the significant majority of doctors and dentists because it's sort of a collaborative effort, if you will, uh to realize the impact of infections and dental toxins on general health. But we have a number of organizations that have now come up over the past few decades, the iao MT International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology, the IABDM, the International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine. Another group that are going to be talking to an Argentina in a couple months called Biominds and strictly talks about getting doctors and dentists together so that they realize dentistry is not something separated from the body. I mean they they should put dentistry in the medical school and the dentists should be a special in dental medicine. That's what we useduld be doing. But it's not intended to be an insult, but an accurate statement is that the traditional mainstream denis is a pure mechanic. Pure mechanic, I mean there's no consideration of biological impact or infectivity or reactivity to different medals. For a long time, doctor Huggins had a test that was designed to see the reactivity that you had all the different metals that they put in different compounds, and you were able to select things that were least reactive with your immune system. So all of those things come into play. But it is changing, and you combine this little political here as I like to say, there's more politics in medicine than.
Speaker 2: There is in politics.
Speaker 3: The pandemic changed so much in terms I believe of public perception of the type of healthcare people were getting, the type of attitude that their doctors had. I mean, we had so many situations where it was clear the physicians, some of them were being coerced. Some of them were being coerced to pursue treatments that not only were not good, but they were bad for the patient, but they generated money for them in the hospitals. And that really has a lot more people, especially today with our Internet and our artificial intelligence, people can get information just like that. I'm not saying it's always correct information, but you can get lots of different sources of information. And ultimately that's always my message to people is you have to be your greatest health guardian health for your health consumption. I mean, if you just pick a doctor or dentist out of the book and just put your warm body there for them to do whatever they want, odds are you're not going to do well. I say one thing frequently to both the dentists and the doctors that I talked to, and I say that the single worst thing you can do for your long term health is to see and utilize a traditional mainstream dentist. But the single best thing you could do for your long term health is to see and utilize the surfaces of a well trained biological bist.
Speaker 2: Okay, I agree with that great information from doctor Thomas Levy. Doctor Levy is a practicing physician, a former cardiologist, graduate of tul Medical School and also has his degree as a graduate attorney. And we've been discussing removing iron filings from fortified foods and also problems with a root canal which are really quite serious and can cause make it really, really sick. And that information has been around for a while. Maybe people starting to learn that. But doctor Levy, Sir, I do completely agree with you, and I'm so glad you said that The COVID nineteen pandemic. Terrible errors that were made have really changed to pursu sception of many more people than say, six or seven or eight years ago. When you were giving this information. Some people said, well, yeah, we like Tom and we agree, and most people said, now, now he's must be a wacky person. It couldn't possibly be true. So now I'm thinking that many more people understand exactly what you're saying. Not one hundred percent of the American population, but way more than five years ago. This subject actually has become almost mainstream. I'm in California, and maybe here in southern California it's kind of hit mainstream. That means, maybe I'm just guessing at this maybe sixty percent of the American population sees it the way you see it now, whereas five or six years ago, maybe it was thirty percent. And I'm making up these numbers because it was less people. But now people are really alert to these problems, and these are real problems, and maybe now they're being addressed. For those just tuning into the show, our guest is doctor Thomas Levy. Doctor Leevey's is an MD to leave at this juncture, How can listeners have here's to your health. Contact you to find out more about the books you have written, your work on vitamin C and really the fifty years of work that you have been teaching.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for asking. I never hired from the public. My personal email is available to anyone. It's my initials T E last name, lev l e v y and then m D t e l e v y m d at yahoo dot com. And my website that has a lot of information, great articles for people and also links to purchasing my books that people are interested is Tom Levi, MD dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, Actually, so let me give me say better.
Speaker 3: I have an Instagram page, ok at d R Thomas Leevy at doctor Tom d R Thomas Levy at.
Speaker 2: Okay, our guest doctor Toms leave doctor Levy, do me favor give us your email again. Just make sure I got to correct. What's your email?
Speaker 3: T E L E vasn't Victor y d at yahoo dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's t E L e v Y M D at yahoo dot com. And now what about your books, because you have some, you know, really important books on really a variety of subjects. And I'm really so thrilled that you've been writing these books for so many years. I remember after some of your books from the eighties actually, uh, and certainly remember Hal Huggins for sure and Western Price. I say, is a younger man read those books and man, they were important books and those men were really out there on their own with these ideas. So what about your books? Where can we purchase them?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Purchase them from my website tom LYVMD dot com, some of them, not all of them from Amazon. That's another story I could tell you about. And the publisher website which is med Fox pub me e d f o x pub dot com.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, and uh are you teaching? Are you going? Are you doing seminars?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: So what about if people want to hear you speak about these subjects? Where where can we hear you?
Speaker 3: Well, I tell you what. You go to any of the video websites and YouTube and all these other things. And there's really tons of videos there most of the time when I give a lecture, and probably over the last twenty five or thirty years, it's in the five hundred to one thousand range, I suppose, And many of those, with permission, of course, were recorded and then I put up on the site and lots of different subjects, but they all pivot around ultimately the cause of disease being toxins, disease being oxidative stress, and the need to eliminate toxins, eliminate toxins, kelate toxins, detoxified toxins, and bring in nutrients and nutrients and antioxidants to deal with it. So that's the ultimate treatment as it turns out, and it's even worse now with the post COVID we have many people now with persistent spike protein. This is causing an enorm and of course that's another pathogen related toxins. So remember I said pathogens are the culprit, except if you're exposed environmental toxins and accept if you're exposed to a lot of heavy metals. Everything else is coming from pathogens and their metabolism. And this persistent spike protein is continuing to devastate people across the planet now affecting hundreds of millions of people, probably thirty to forty million people in the United States. But we do have some treatments for it that have been quite successful in resolving it at a high percentage level, and those are available at the reared and clinic in which you talk Kansas.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's fantastic. Well, a great interview. Our guest has been doctor Thomas Levy. Doctor Levy's an MD, practicing cardiologis many years ago, also a graduate attorney and Doctor Levy also is a member of the board of Governors of the National Health Federation, organization that I'm very happy to be part of. They did some really great work and we had a great interview today with doctor Thomas Levy. We're going to invite them back to the show again. This is Josh Lane. You're listening to hears to your Health. We take a short break and we'll be right back after these important message.
Speaker 7: Hi friends. Monica Brandt here for all Alife number one in alo Vera. As a professional international athlete for over thirty years between track, Ninja and fitness, I want to remind you of daily exercise plus al Alife my daily wake up to look and feel your best.
Speaker 2: All Alife products boosted.
Speaker 7: Victory for me in twenty sixteen winning first place World's European Union figure Sealolife dot com athletes plus workouts are easier too with Allolife products for digestion, energy and stamina. For success for even dropping weight. It's so easy, friends, to choose a winning team Alo Gold or Detox Plus with certified organic daily greens superfoods by all Alife. Be your own best athlete with all a Life products that work fast. Al alife dot Com for one eight hundred four one four ello. Choose all Alife today, friends, I'm glad I did. This is Monica Brandt, Fitness Olympia champion and fan of al Alife for over ten years. Al Alife since nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 6: The Latest from the Greatest, the best in new music by classic rockers, with your host, the Insane Daryl Wayne.
Speaker 1: This is Alice Cooper.
Speaker 8: And if Daryl Wayne is insane, what does that make mean criminally insane?
Speaker 6: Stick around to find out.
Speaker 4: Many of the artist interviews from the Latest from the Greatest have been captured on audio book. There is a volume one. In volume two, great information and conversations with people in the industry and people surrounded by the industry, and of course the rock stars themselves.
Speaker 9: I'm the Revenue Green and you're listening to the insane? Y'rel Wayne? And I said, Wayne insane.
Speaker 4: You can find it on Amazon or Blackstone Audio Search for the latest from the greatest from Daryl Wayne d A R R E L L wa YM.
Speaker 6: Hello, weird All Yankovic and you of the insane dol Wayne.
Speaker 9: Aren't you.
Speaker 2: Welcome to this edition of Here's to Your Health. I'm your host Josh Laine, and my guest is Scott Tips. And Scott Tips is the president of the National Health Federation, and the National Health Federation, which was founded in the United States in nineteen fifty five, is America's oldest health protection health consumer protection organization. They do great work, frankly on many subjects, and Scott is a regular contributor to the show, so I'm really proud when Scott Tips is on. And Scott is most of the time based in Europe where he goes to Codex meetings which help protect not just the health of the American public, but the health of the public worldwide because so many nations work together now as far as passing up information, I'll use the word codes for health of consumers worldwide. Scott Tips, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Josh, and it's a pleasure to be back on.
Speaker 2: No thanks, I'm really happy to have you on the show. I always enjoy when you discussed with these important ideas about really kind of the legislative approach to ideas, which a lot of people don't realize really how complex the subject this is. Now, you just recently were in Geneva in just you know, in July this month working on some important new ideas. So what happened at the most recent Codex meeting that you participated in with other members of the National Health Federation as well.
Speaker 5: Well, It's kind of funny, Josh, because these Codex meetings are a lot like or you know, a lot of board of nothing happening, just sort of dry detail, and then all of a sudden there's a lot of excitement, a lot of arguments, a lot of debate, a lot of contention, and then that dies away and then it's dull again. So this meeting was kind of like that. It's a week long meeting, it's in a big conference hall in Geneva, Switzerland, and probably there were I didn't get an accurate count, but I'd say about three hundred delegates there total. And n HF, the National Health Federation of which I'm the president and the head delegate, was one of those delegations there. So we're permitted to participate actively in these meetings and to discuss our viewpoint and to criticize other viewpoints. Although they're kind of funny that way, you can't criticize too much. It's deemed to be rude, no matter how weird the other viewpoint might be. So at this meeting, there were a number of things that came up, and one of them, actually that turned out to be a surprise contentious issue was what happens with food labels during an emergency. Well, the industry, represented there by front groups and infiltrators in the country delegations, they want a special exemption in the time of emergencies. What that means is they don't have to put all the essential information on the food label if it's being used in an emergency situation, which sounds kind of okay, right, except for one thing. So you would think during an emergency that people want to rush the product to the site of the emergency as soon as possible. But what the industry wants to do is, oh, wait, we're going to design these labels first, they're going to have less information. We're going to slap them on the product. Oh, and then we'll rush them to the emergency location. That's their idea of dealing with an emergency. So we were pointing this out and saying NHF was saying, you know, if you have time to print a new label before slapping it on a product and shipping it out for an emergency, it's not an emergency. And also the other problem is, you know, this is just a convenient excuse. Emergencies are always convenient excuse for shafting the consumer or the voter, whatever it may be, whomever it may be, and so this is an instance where they'll use the excuse, Oh, it's an emergency. They have an outbreak of mumbo jumbo disease in the congo. So we're going to delude all these people into thinking they're getting a great product when the label doesn't tell them what's actually in the product. So it's just a big scam. And yet, unfortunately, now and keep in mind, this is a proposal for new work. It's nowhere near being accomplished. But what will happen is it will be accomplished eventually because Codex has never met a standard that it didn't like. And what that means is you could have the worst possible standard in the world like the one they did for maximum upper permitted levels for vitamins and minerals, which was a joke, right, you know, and they still want it to be accepted. So this is the problem that was part of what was discussed there. I don't know if you want me to go on.
Speaker 2: Well, for those that tuning into the show, our guest is Scott Tips. Scott Tips is the president of the National Health Federation. The National Health Federation found that in nineteen fifty five, is America's oldest consumer protection association and also involved with protecting consumers around the world. Scott, you mentioned that you at the National Health Federation you have voting rights. I think that you are the only consumer organization actually has voting rights. Other than you, it's all the countries of the world. Am I correct in saying that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I wish we did have voting rights, but we don't. Had we had voting rights, we could have stopped Practope. I mean about ten years ago when it won by one vote. But no, they don't allow I, nngos or even NGOs to have voting rights. But what we have is just as important sense because they only vote on a few issues. Generally they advance the standards and the guidelines and the codes of practice by a process they call consensus, which is basically the chairman or the chairwoman looking around the room saying how many people spoke out against a standard, how many people spoke in favor of a standard, and they kind of weigh everything in the balance, and then they make a mental calculation and decide, oh, we have consensus for moving forward. Well, even though NHF cannot vote, if you speak out a lot, you add to the noise in favor or against a standard. So in a sense you are voting because the sort of the general cacophony of noise is added to. And we're very vocal at these meetings. We speak out a lot. This most recent meeting we didn't speak out as much. There wasn't as much to speak out on. But when you combined our conference room documents that it's our written submissions along with what we usually speak out on, we're really punching above our weight at these meetings.
Speaker 2: And Scott may ask, since you have been now, you've been involved with the National Health Federation for is it what nineteen years now?
Speaker 5: It's been forty years this year.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, forty years but you've been to president for nineteen years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, nineteen and a half years.
Speaker 2: Right, So as a very young man, because you were a graduate attorney right right out you got of law school, so you kind of got involved pretty quickly after you got out of law.
Speaker 5: School, about six years. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Scott, so now that you and I are both really older men. Now, now that we're older men, would you say that, indeed, that the national health iteration and the whole idea of food as a healing tool is no longer dismissed the way it was when you were a much younger man.
Speaker 4: Is there?
Speaker 2: Do we have more stature?
Speaker 5: I would say yes, and certainly more adherents. There are more people out there following our health regimen and that sort of thing. So yeah, I definitely think we have the big problem though. It's the health food stores of olden days are mostly gone. You know, the true believers who belive in your right to health freedom, believed in the products and all that. They've largely been supplanted now by the corporate suits who they could be selling shopping carts for all they care. True, Yes, so that's the big change, and they're more likely to be have that corporate mentality that they don't want to do anything to alarm the government, so they aren't going to take chances risking their revenue stream by bringing out some sort of fantastic product that might heal everyone. But boy raised the ire of the FDA and big farm men doing so right well.
Speaker 2: Our guest is Scott Tips, and Scott Tips is the president of the National Health Federation, and the National Health Federation, founded in nineteen fifty five, is America's oldest consumer protection organization and actually protects consumers around the world. And Scott is regularly in Europe at Codex meetings, which are meetings in which I guess, I don't know. Do all the countries in the world participate in these meetings, Scott, when you're.
Speaker 5: There, pretty much they pick and choose their committees, just like we do. For instance, we don't go to the Import Export Committee hosted by the Australian government because there's nothing in there for us to weren't spending that kind of money to get to Australia to attend a meeting and all of that. So we pick and choose, and a lot of other countries, especially the poorer countries, do the same thing. But the US, the EU, Canada, Australia, they pretty much go to every committee meeting and Scott.
Speaker 2: One thing I always like to mention in these conversations is I guess it was a couple of years ago. Now you at the with the National Health Federation at these Codex meetings were able to reduce the amount of aluminum. Aluminum, which is as you point out, I didn't even know this aluminum is not naturally occurring. Aluminum was actually Boux site. It's got to be refined into making aluminum. But they were using a lot of aluminum in food products and we Americans, and I guess you're as well, we ended up getting toxic amounts or shouldn't say toxic ammounts, but we're getting way too much aluminum that really was not good for us. Can you please just repeat that because people are so shocked to hear that, because they think, hell sometimes they think health.
Speaker 4: Foods are you guys?
Speaker 2: You just guys like to you know, grow your hair along and you know, dance around in fields. They have no idea actually what's really going on. Because the mainstream media manages to make us look dopey. They try to make us look ridiculous, And so what was it about aluminum that was like so shockingly bad, but that the National Health Federation under europe auspices was able to reduce to help us.
Speaker 5: Well, you explain the situation so incredibly well, Joshua. I don't know how much I have to add to it, but having said that, I'll do my best, which is at the Codex Committee on Food Additives, one of the topics that came up for discussion in two thousand and eight was aluminum in spices, herbs, free flowing food products because aluminum, because it's so slick, it makes a good food flow additive. You know, when they have machines and like that are mixing batters and mixing different powders together, the aluminum helps it all flow. Well, a lot of people don't know that in their salt and pepper, especially the pepper, there was aluminum. So we were one of the first, if not the first, to object to this practice. And I still remember years later now that the food industry representative, the Beverages and Grocers Association, but they complained, they said, oh, without aluminum in our food as a free flow agent, the equipment will catch fire. And burn. So my response to that was, you have a ton of engineers on your payroll, pay them to fix the problem so it doesn't start a fire and burn just because you aren't using aluminum anyway. Joined it at the hip in opposing this was the European Union, and together we were able to get removed fifty percent of the products that we eliminated the aluminum and the other fifty percent we got about fifty percent reduction and aluminum content. And that was a big thing in those days because it was really hard to go up against the industry. It's really hard to go up against a standard that was well on its way to being passed, and yet we were able to do it and we won. This was in our Chinese meetings, so these were not cheap trips to take. We had to fly over to China two thousand and eight, two thousand and ten, twelve, and then I think fourteen until we finally won.
Speaker 2: So really, the National Health Federation was an religious position to really reduce the amount of aluminium foods, which I think everyone agrees with is like, okay, that was really a great thing, But I don't remember reading about that in national press here in America. I don't think it got any kind of coverage because I pay attention to food issues and I never remember seeing it, you know, fifteen or twenty years ago. I don't remember any kind of conversation. So again, as far as you know, it received no coverage in the mainstream media.
Speaker 5: I didn't see any either, but there must have been something like in an industry journal or something. The funny thing is that even though we have the European Union to thank for its support in doing this, a lot of times these countries are in this case a region, they're really kind of reluctant to attack strongly another delegation, so that leaves it for me to do that dirty work to make them look bad and rub their noses in the nonsense of what they're speaking about. And this is what happened at the recent meeting too, because when we were discussing the emergency label changes in the Canadian delegate I can't even pronounce his name, but he spoke up and he threw all these platitudes and buzzwords at the assembly. He said, oh, we have capacity building that'll take care of the problem, and this and that. He just used a bunch of nonsense words that made a politician look like a great order. He was so bad and it's just like a joke. I almost laughed out loud because I couldn't believe what I was hearing. But you know, if capacity building was the answer to the many innate problems with emergency labeling guidelines, you know we would use it. But we couldn't. It's not a capacity building is like adding more people on the team, that sort of thing, educating existing people that does nothing to help the consumer at a consumer level, who's purchasing or being given this product? And there's no information on the label. What in the heck does capacity building have to do with that? Nothing? So his answer was a bunch of gobbledy coop.
Speaker 2: Actually, if I can jump in, I'll guess the Scott Tips the president of the National Health Federation, and I want to say this. In preparation for Scott's interview, I went to the website National Federation and I read about Scott's information about his latest trip to Geneva, Switzerland, just really just you know, a couple of weeks ago, and when I saw the term capacity building, I thought to myself, now that is a great bureaucratic term. I had never in a million year I never heard it before. I have no idea what it means, but it does really sound authoritative. But it's just hilarious, Scott, when when you keep saying capacity building, because you do point out the absurdity of it, it seems to not address any issue whatsoever. It's really did the other delicate smirk? I mean, what were what were the other men and women thinking.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a really good question. I don't know what they were thinking. No one spoke up but the Three Breast Milk Consumer Organization, women and me and the National Health Federation, so we were the only ones to really speak out. Oh I'm sorry, I'm sliding. The World Health Organization Codex science officer, she was quite good and she actually gave some of the best arguments against it. So there was her, and I can't believe the chairman just ignored her comments in favor of this word salad nonsense.
Speaker 2: Right, funny. I had to laugh. It's just just funny. Capacity building. I'm going to be using that term a lot now because I just love as a nonsense term.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is, It's like one of their favorite terms now at codex is capacity building and robust. There was a robust study. There was a robust UH report that was given to us. It was a robust this robust that if I had a nickel for every time they mentioned that word, I'd be filthy rich.
Speaker 2: It's actly pretty. For those tuning into the show, our guest is Scott Tips, and Scott Tips is the president of the National Health Federation, America's oldest consumer organization in practice in business since nineteen fifty five, doing great work back in the sixties that helped protect the chiropractic profession, homeopathy, I mean, you name it, and they were there. Things we take for granted now as being like, well that's not a big deal. Well it was a big deal at one time when those organizations were slammed, Like the chiropractice were kicked around worse than kicked around. I'm being kind or maybe foolish they are saying that way. When the chiropractice were treated badly by the medical profession and got away with it for a long time until finally it had to stop. They couldn't get away with it any longer. Same thing with homeopathy. So a lot of important things that we Americans take for granted. Now we only have these rights because the National Health Federation has stood up for us. So I'm really proud. When Scott's on the show, Scott's just juncture. How can listeners, if here's to your health, contact you directly at the National Health Federation, learn more about the important work of the National Health Federation and maybe sign on as members.
Speaker 5: Well, if you mean by that the National Health Federation, then they just go to our website and click on become a member and then just fill out the forum and send in the money and that's it. And then there's also a donation button, which we'd really appreciate as well, because you know, I just did my expense report for going to the Geneva meeting. Geneva Switzerland's really expensive to be at. Food and hotel, lodging, it's incredible, even Airbnb, it's outrageous. So we really could would appreciate that. Now, if you mean by that my personal email address, I guess I could give that as well.
Speaker 2: Sure, whatever, whatever whatever you feels the best contact of nation, please Scott give it to us.
Speaker 5: Well, you can write me at stars end twenty four at gmail dot com. Now, so a little science fiction at stars D S T A R S E n D the number twenty four because I couldn't just get stars in okay, number twenty four at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, and again, you are the president of the National Health Federation. Been president now nineteen years and they've been around National Health Federation since nineteen fifty five, doing great work. And again, so what's the email address for the National Health Federation.
Speaker 5: Probably the best one is contact hyphen us at the T E NHF dot com. So contact hyphen us us at the NHF dot com.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much. Our guest has been Scott Tips almost always very proud men. Scott's on the show, and Scott Tips, the President of the National Health Federation, is a regular contributor to Here's to Your Health, offering us really important information kind of from a legislative approach, which is something that most of us really kind of never think about. We mostly thinking, well, I be eating more beats, I beating more carrots. Should I take more vitamin C? That's what we kind of focus on. I'm not trying to minimize we as consumers, but really we have an organization, the National Health Federation that's looking out for our interest as consumers and we need that. The National Health Federation. This is Josh Laane. You're listening to. Here's to your health. We're going to take a short break and we will be right back after these important messages.
Speaker 8: Rims say goodbye to rough, dry and troubled skin even at the scars big with Allo Life. Skin Jill by allol Life not over process. So look for the dark yellow color like the ancients wrote about that gets to work fast in five minutes to forty five days. Skin Jill for more Beautiful Skin by Alo Life. Call eight hundred four one four a l OE. That's eight hundred four one four Alo an a plus better business bureau company. Skin Jill available at Whole Foods, Clarks Natural Grocers, other quality stores plus Allolife dot Com eight hundred four one four Alo that's eight hundred four one four a l Oe Alo Life ala Vera for you eight hundred four one four Aloe Do something good for yourself. Zoom into the new year. Leaders in health products since nineteen ninety one, Alo Life for a Healthier Life.
Speaker 6: The latest from the greatest, the best in new music by classic rockers with your host the Insane Daryl Wayne.
Speaker 8: This is Alice Cooper and if Daryl Wayne is insane, what does that make.
Speaker 4: Mean criminally insane?
Speaker 6: Stick around to find out.
Speaker 4: Many of the artist interviews for the Latest for the Greatest have been captured on audio book. There is a volume one end Volume two, great information and conversations with people in the industry and people surrounded by the industry, and of course the rock stars themselves.
Speaker 9: I'm the revenue, agreed, and you're listening to the Insane Daryl Wayne, And I said Wayne insane.
Speaker 4: You can find it on Amazon or Blackstone Audio search for the Latest from the Greatest from Daryl Wayne. D A R R E L l w.
Speaker 6: A y n E. Hello, this is weird All Yankovic and you're listening to the Insane darl Wayne, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to the show. If you have suggestions for guests or topics you would like to hear, please email me at Josh Lane Wellness at gmail dot com. That's Josh Lane Wellness at gmail dot com. J O. S H l A n E. Wellness at gmail dot com. On behalf of the cast and crew. I would like to wish you a healthy and safe, good evening,