Speaker 1: Check podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Friday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 3: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 3: And the man wearing Dennis Currn's old number six makes it to nothing.
Speaker 2: With John Taylor.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say underrated egg, deviled egg.
Speaker 2: And Rick Dolly Wall.
Speaker 1: Now are you gonna go on the couch at eight o'clock tonight? Sits down and let's put.
Speaker 3: It in gears.
Speaker 2: Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 3: Ten o'clock in downtown Vancouver run the Paul Karts Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dolly Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man at the controls our director. The voice of God back from vacation down south is Derek Long. How are you.
Speaker 1: Couldn't be better?
Speaker 3: So we wake up this morning, my wife and I we noticed that the chandelier in a small, humble chandelier is a skew.
Speaker 1: It's it's off tilt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we find out, you know, tuning into one of the local radio stations. There was an earthquake at five o'clock. It was at five o'clock this morning, Ryan, something like that. So that's two earthquakes recently in the van. You don't wear this.
Speaker 1: I just got a text that somebody in South Surrey felt it last night. That's my neck of the woods. I didn't feel that. I'm a deep sleeper. I just went right over my head.
Speaker 3: Yeah no I didn't. I didn't. But until I saw the chandelier.
Speaker 1: We went over your head.
Speaker 3: Watched up and it's just a little bit a skew.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I got a job to do later today. What are you shaking your head out over there? Why are you always again? You know?
Speaker 1: Reason another reason why you can no longer reference your North Burnaby broots. You know, because listen to you. My chandelier was like skew. Like the younger sixteen year old Donnie from the rough neighborhood of North Burnaby would be screaming in your face right now.
Speaker 3: You've lost all humble chandelier.
Speaker 1: There's no small Humber humble chandeliers. There's not.
Speaker 3: Do you have one?
Speaker 1: No? Because because I am a light above our dining room table.
Speaker 3: How about that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was it a chandelier, isn't or isn't it?
Speaker 3: Technically there's no crystal involved. It's not like the ones under the gravel street bridge.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that one's there's two, Isn'tyeah yeah. Some chandeliers are.
Speaker 3: Huge, and yeah thanks for that. Some aren't.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it would be fine. Are you guys prepared for the big one then, because you know that subject is coming up today on the local newscast?
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, yeah, exactly. Yeah. Get your canned beans ready to go always. We have a lot of beans in our house. Well, my boys went through a bean stage like that. He was off the bean stage, and as a result, we have a lot of beans.
Speaker 1: Left, like baked beans or like blacks no raw, no, no, no no. But like there's like black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, right like Hind's beans.
Speaker 3: Yeah so that yeah, yeah, yeah, okay. So and then you know your earthquake kit with the flashlight and the flash you have that you have a radio.
Speaker 1: I don't have an earthquake kill a kid?
Speaker 3: Do you have a killed though?
Speaker 1: I have a lot. The flashlight's important, especially when the lights go out. I got tons I want to hear about the earthquake killed killed, but the kid. So you don't have any food, but you got a flashlight. Why do you need that? I don't have an earthquake. Kids should get prepared. Man, mother nature's talking. What if you should be listening. They know you have the cans for the earthquake. Yeah, no, can opener. Put that in your kit.
Speaker 3: You should have.
Speaker 1: You should have a put a can opener in your kilt and get back to me a can open under your guilty.
Speaker 3: You just have to connects with three connects with three days between games as we switch gears.
Speaker 1: Very interesting, three days off?
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 1: Well three days is well, not many days.
Speaker 3: It's strange because it's a condensed schedule, a post four Nations. Here they are with three days between games. So they practiced yesterday, day off today. They don't play again until they have that rematch with and they lost at Anaheim last week. They have that rematch with Anaheim on Wednesday. A bit of a bag skate yesterday.
Speaker 1: Did you know whatice that justifiably sold? Well, I'll tell you one and four on their road trip, and look who they lost to. Not only who they lost to, but they lose to Seattle. They had a second period lead in that game, they're up three to two after the really pretty short handed goal by Dakota Joshua.
Speaker 3: They end up losing six to three. They lost to Anaheim. They had a second period lead there or to nothing for period lead. They win an ot in La of all the teams for them to beat on this road trip, and they gave up.
Speaker 1: They gave up a.
Speaker 3: Two nothing lead in that one, lost in Utah, up one nothing in the second, lost, lost in Vegas. And you'd expect that against the powerful Golden Knights, but they had to lead midway through the second in that game. That's that's bagskate country, But on your Kilton, have a backskate.
Speaker 1: No issues with the bag skate yesterday, Donnie. They scored ten goals in five games on a five game road trip. Yeah, one of four, yeah, I and I know that. And to lose to two non playoff teams Anaheim and Seattle, I mean, come on, well, Utah too, Well, if you sneak into the playoffs, okay where everyone's talking about, Oh, they're gonna get the second wildcard spot, what is waiting for you with the second wildcard spot is a powerful team. What's gonna happen to you if you're if if you're scoring ten goals in five games in a round one of the playoffs.
Speaker 3: On But maybe it would be better if they didn't make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, maybe it'd be better if they sold or sell. A lot of people want to see them sell, but apparently they want to buy.
Speaker 3: NHL Trade deadline on Friday, let's go there. Elliott Friedman was supposed to join us today. He's unable to. He will appear on the show hopefully it is busy for him, of course later this week. But Saturday, in Hockey Day in Canada, he said the Canucks have a situation where they're looking to add to their forward group. Whether it's now or it's later, it's something they're looking at and seeing what they could do. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: They want to add, they want to add, they want to add. Roster, they want to add because the roster can't score. It's one of the lowest scoring teams in the NHL since January.
Speaker 3: First on to one end to make the playoffs, get a couple of home dates pounded in the first round, and you having a lower draft pick, but you.
Speaker 1: Have an owner that loves playoff revenue all owners.
Speaker 3: Do you know what would be really good is to have playoff revenue during a season that you go three or four rounds. Would that be good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, as opposed to just the thought getting beat up in round one. You never know though. But here here's the issue with adding offense, darnie. The prices for offense right now are crazy.
Speaker 3: That's obvious.
Speaker 1: Ok. Hold that a second, it's not obvious.
Speaker 3: Did you say you're saying an example.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you an example. Just let me finish. Goustaf Nyquist is a thirty five year old player. He's got nine goals in fifty seven games. He just went for a second round pick. You are coughing up a second round pick for a nine goal scorer who's thirty five. If the nine goal scorer who's thirty five is getting a second round pick, what is the first round pick? Getn't you? I mean, how are you? How are you going to justify getting like Besterer right now has got nineteen goals. Okay, fine, go ask for a first round pick. But Gustaf Nyquist is thirty five, he's got nine goals. You got a second round pick.
Speaker 3: Playing on a bad team. Yeah, and it's and he's well known in Minnesota. It's a second go round with the Wild.
Speaker 1: Second time there. But like prices, his value, prices are insane right now. They continue to be insane. They continue. But the Canucks have one thing. They got cap space. But if they acquire a player. Don do you want them to acquire a player with term.
Speaker 3: Or just no? I don't want If I'm a connuckt fan, yeah, or if I had some sanity and connect man, I don't want them to acquire anybody, right. I mean, if you feel like, without question you're gonna lose brock Bester, then you have to make a move. I get that one. I get that. But to make a move with the thought of we got to squeak into the playoffs and get pounded by Winnipeg, that's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you sell, there's twenty two games to go, you sell this Friday. How are you going to get an interest fan out for the remaining how many home games? And they could by the way, they got short term thinking. Okay, okay, but they got seven of their next eight at home. Have fun creating interest and getting fans out. If you're gonna sell like everything on Friday.
Speaker 3: So the answer would be to get a good You got to ask you think it's smart for them to add.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'd never said that. What I am saying is I'm looking at the flip side. You go and sell everything, have fun for the remaining twenty two games.
Speaker 3: Have fun. Well they're not all at home.
Speaker 1: Oh I know they're not all at home, but a good time.
Speaker 3: Why can't you have some you know, uh, you know, some long term thinking where if you add assets for the future, because this is not working. What's going on right now is they haven't worked for years. And I've said it before Trump, I don't know, try something different, and I know, maybe not a complete rebuild, maybe like a retoo Trevor Linnon said back in the day. This small r rebuild is something different not working right now. They made mistakes. They made mistakes with the Pederson contract, maybe trading JT. Miller. More on that a little bit later. Just I don't know, just try something different. If if they go out and give up future assets honestly on before Friday, in the hopes of squeaking into the playoffs, and I hope, I'm I'd love to be wrong. I'd love for them to, you know, do that and go on some big, long playoff front. It'd be great for our show.
Speaker 1: And here we are right back.
Speaker 3: It will be some kind of pissed off if that happens. They're tired of this, you know, let's let's squeak in and hope for the best. Just I'm sorry, Uh, you know what are you hearing about, brock Bester.
Speaker 1: They are not close, Donnie. As of this morning, they are not close on a contract. They couldn't cut a deal in eight months. How are they going to cut a deal in five days? Would be shocking to me if they cut a deal in five days. The two sides continue to talk. Besser does want to return, he does. He loves it to Vancouver. He does not want to go. Isn't it interesting, don that Quinn Hughes is up in two years and this guy wants to extend seven eight years in Vancouver like this guy is willing to extent he likes it here. The problem is, only playoff teams want Besser, and most of them are tight up against the cap. Not many of those teams want to cough up a first round pick for Besser. The market for Besser is not as big as some people think it is, simply for that fact. But they're not close. You either, Donnie. You either sign them, trade them, or keep them this week and all three options are available to the Canucks, all three.
Speaker 3: But isn't this the time deals get made? Like I'm saying it, it wouldn't be shocking if he was traded, because now the deals get made when there's pressure pressure, there's a pressure point coming up before it happens, when you're buying a house and somebody else is involved, whatever the case may be. When there's pressure on, that's when deals get made. I go the other way. I think I wouldn't be shocked if he got dealt just because that deadline's coming up. If the Kaducks don't trade him then and I know they can sign him in the in the off season, or at least before the UFA period kicks in, they risk losing him for nothing, for.
Speaker 1: Nothing, for nothing for nothing. Well, but they're going to get a playoff round out of it, Donny, they're going to get a player.
Speaker 3: Don't hurt that.
Speaker 1: Well, Hey, if they make the playoff, there's no guarantee they're going to make the playoffs dot like when they.
Speaker 3: Go out of a playff spot as we squall, and.
Speaker 1: When they come back Thursday, Saint Louis, Utah and Calgary all three could be ahead of him. For all we know, all three could be ahead of them. But back like for Besser, just be prepared. But I ask you eight months, don eight months they've had to sign him, and we're going down to the final five days and I got no progress to report this morning. I am telling you they're not close.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's the pressure is really on right now.
Speaker 1: They signed Marcus Patterson in five days done, and they've been at it with this guy for eight months, Like, come on, there's got to be stuff from there that's a different price point. Though the price point I just the same price, but it's not the same price point. But come on, the guy was here five days and they gave him a long term deal. This guy's been here for nine plus years and they're taking it down with it.
Speaker 3: We still want to be here, even though has some disrespect there.
Speaker 1: Maybe you are correct on that. At times during the negotiations he's felt disrespected. But I was told this morning that he wants to return. He does love it in Vancouver. But it's it's all about term. It's not money. It's not money, it's the term. Connects are at five years and he wants seven or eight.
Speaker 3: Ray Ferro on the show last week saying if it's eight for eight or probably eight times eight, no way does he do. It's all due respect. I don't bro bes injury updates here. We understand Thatcher Dempco is back skating, and you're saying he's back this week.
Speaker 1: I am saying that he skated. That's what you said. What I say to you guys off the air is off the air. But people wants trust me, most of them cannot. You don't want to know what we talk about off the air. All I'll say on Dempko is this, he's gated two, three, four times last week. I would not be surprised to be played this week. Let's see, let's see how it goes. Practice, I practice tomorrow. Let's see if he's on the ice. But uh, you know it's I have not Let's put it this way. I have not heard of a setback.
Speaker 3: It's a back Latius problem. Right, Yeah, I think you're in a bad mood today.
Speaker 1: I'm not like, who Ryan, Oh, yeah, he's been in a bad mood every Monday.
Speaker 3: Quinn Hughes. They're saying it isn't related to the oblique issue what we saw on Saturday where he barely played in the third period for talking said he believes he's day to day. But the way he was moving his body at the bench, on the bench, I saw that, you know, like moving his torso, stretching it out, It makes me think it is an oblique issue. What are you hearing?
Speaker 1: Tweak?
Speaker 3: Tweak, so tweak of the oblique.
Speaker 1: Not the tweak of the oblique. A tweak when you tweak something, Donnie, you go to the gym. I in the gym yesterday, I tweaked something. The same thing. If you tweak something, Donnie, it could be anywhere, anywhere, anywhere. It could be a tweak. But he clearly was in discomfort on the bench for the last nine minutes.
Speaker 3: But it was his torso. It seemed to be as torso as opposed to the lower body. Yeah, right. The way he was stretching, stretching out there and then he sat at the end of the bench still stretching at times made me think it must be a tweak. Of the oblique, but Rick Hackin says no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, he said it's not related to the oblique, but it's tweak.
Speaker 3: Let's get out of here. Okay, here's what's coming up on the show, and we'll see about Quinnie's status tomorrow when they practice again. A day off today DTMs is it just me coming up in the eleven o'clock our Pierre Maguire is going to join us just after eleven o'clock. The name of the podcast that he's the Sick Podcast is it?
Speaker 1: It's the eye Test. It's under the Sick Podcast umbrella of podcasts, but his particular the pod Guys with Jimmy Murphy is the Eye Test Podcast.
Speaker 3: Longtime NHL analyst Rick Hackett and him nineteen ninety two want a Stanley Cup together? Ricka is a player coming over from Philadelphia and Pierre as an assistant coach. Want of Stanley Cup together? In where else? Pittsburgh? Pa big Ry the Twitter guy. Later this hour and up next he covers the Canucks for the Athletic Our friend harm DIALD. Do you know if he's got his karaoke mike with him? Imagine he will? Harm dial is next. Thanks for tuning in folks. I hope you had a great weekend. Donnie and Dolly the team.
Speaker 2: Check Donnie and Dolly. The team is supported by Abelauctions dot Ca. Closing your business we can help.
Speaker 3: Able Auction specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 1: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufact bring auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able auctions dot ca. That's sales at ab l E Auctions dot Ca.
Speaker 1: The Maside Resort is a boutique luxury resort like no other. Nestled on the bluff above beautiful Parksville Beach, this beautiful oceanfront property prides themselves on offering a uncompromising fusion of West Coast authenticity and bespoke luxury. Their guests have come to expect a truly personal experience where all senses are indulged. The setting is gorgeous, the memories last a lifetime. Whether you're looking for a panoramic ocean viewer, an on site fitness center, indoor outdoor pool, oceanfront restaurant lounge, high speed internet access or the perfect play for your next corporate event. The Baseide ownership crop resort. The perfect choice any time of the year. It's called two five zero, two four eight eight, triple three and buck. Your's day today.
Speaker 3: Monday and all of our guests today, including harm Dial standing by sponsored by Basson Motors. Whether you're in need of a new automobile or parts or service for your current vehicle, Bassan Motors is here to assist you with any of your automotive needs. You can tell Ryan wrote just wrote this moments ago. Stop by their dealership located at one sixty three one five Fraser Highway in Surrey, or check them out online at Basson Motors, Basa and T Motors dot com. Connects with sixty five points after sixty games this year at eighty two after sixty last year. Wow, seventeen more points.
Speaker 1: What a great year last year was? It really was not so much. This year seems like ten years away.
Speaker 3: Here to brighten things up. From the athletic he covers the Canucks on a regular basis. Harm and Dial harm Thanks for doing this, sir. How are you?
Speaker 1: Where is it there?
Speaker 4: How are you guys?
Speaker 3: Okay? I thought for a second you didn't have your karaoke mike perfect? Have to perfect? Wow? Okay, hey, let's let's start there. Harm not with the karaoke mike, but it's the first time we've had you on in a while. The difference between this year's team, I know, this personnel changes and last year's team.
Speaker 4: It's been massive.
Speaker 5: I mean, to see this team struggle offensively to this extent. Since January first, they're thirty second in the league for goals.
Speaker 4: Score per game.
Speaker 5: I mean, who would have imagined that they'd struggle to manufacture offense to this extent. Their defensive play has also slipped as of late. They've been and hammered by injuries in the first half, the locker room dysfunction, and all the turmoil leading to the JT.
Speaker 4: Miller trade.
Speaker 5: And I mean the biggest mystery in all of this is is Elias Petterson.
Speaker 4: He's been a ghost.
Speaker 5: He's been invisible offensively for most of this season. He might not crack fifty to fifty five points this season. I mean, had who had that on their bingo card? Heading into this year. I mean Thatcher Dempko's unfortunately been hampered by injuries. It's just been it's as if everything went right for them that could have gone right last season, and everything that could have gone wrong for them this season has gone.
Speaker 3: Wrong harm their analytics. There are traditional stats, but when it comes to LEAs Pederson, he you just talked about what are you seeing on the ice?
Speaker 5: I'm I'm seeing a player that's completely lost his swagger, that's completely lost his confidence across.
Speaker 4: It's not just one skill set where he looks less effective.
Speaker 5: Right one thing, if it's oh, it's just a shot that doesn't seem right, but it's his reluctance to shoot and that lack of killer instinct. It's the fact that when he does shoot, NHL Edge data shows that his shot velocity is down significantly compared to where it was two years ago.
Speaker 4: His skating looks slower than it.
Speaker 5: Was two years ago, which has completely hindered his ability to attack off the rush. And then it's not just the skating, it's also fact that this is a player that I was watching the tape back on every point he scored two years ago, the number of times that he was able to create space for himself in dangerous offensive positions because of his ability to deek and beat defenders that way. Like how many times have we seen him actually ambitiously creatively take defenders on it and create space for himself, So that part of his game is gone as well, we're seeing him double clutch all the time on the power plays. It's maybe the biggest mystery in the NHL right now of how did this guy who was an elite performer in the NHL not just It'd be one thing if there was like a twenty point drop off, if he went from being a ninety to one hundred point guy to all right, we're talking about a seventy ish point guy. But this is I don't know if I've ever really seen something like this outside of Jonathan huberto in Calgary when he first moved there, but those are completely different circumstances where there was a team change involved there.
Speaker 4: Hubertot was much older as well.
Speaker 5: This is completely baffling as far as why Elias Petterson's offensive production has completely fallen off a cliff.
Speaker 1: Harm look ahead to the trade deadline, it's the million dollar question buy or sell? What do you do with Besser, just so many things that play this week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to me, it should be a mix, like a hybrid mode of selling and buying. I don't think it's I don't think you can really categorize them as strong sellers or strong buyers. And really starting with the Brock Besser decision, I like the player, but if you're exploring an extension, it has to be at the right price. And the worry that I have is brock besto scored forty goals last year. I really think that might be an outlier as far as his production moving forward, especially now that in JT. Miller, the centerman that he had the most chemistry with, he's gone. So moving forward, I think Brock's probably closer to a twenty five to thirty.
Speaker 4: Goal guy, which look is still a valuable player.
Speaker 5: It's not as if this team is overflowing with top six scoring wingers. But it has to be the right price, right So if it's let's say eight million times seven years or eight million times eight years, I wouldn't sign that deal if I'm the Vancouver Canucks. If it's something closer to like a seven times seven, which would represent a significant hometown discount, you don't even know if Brock's camp is going to agree to that, then fine, Like if it's a steep discount, you explore that if you're the Canucks just because you're this star for offense, not only now but moving forward and ultimately, to me, the key is, if you come to the realization that you can't come to terms with Brock on a reasonable extension, you have to look to move him ahead of the deadline. You can't risk losing him for nothing at the deadline. This idea of keeping him as your own rental, I just I don't think that's the path this team should should be taking. They don't look like they're capable of going on a deep run this postseason. And the other thing to keep in mind is you can sort of have your cake and eat it too. As far as trading Brock doesn't necessarily mean you're giving up on making the playoffs this year. I mean, look at Washington at last year's trade deadline. They sold Anthony Mantha if Guinea, kuz Netsov, angel Edmondson and they still ended up making the playoffs. And for me, Brock doesn't single handedly make or break this team's playoff chances. He only has three points in ten games since the JT.
Speaker 4: Miller trade. He hasn't found his right.
Speaker 5: Fit in the top nine yet without the centerman that he had the most chemistry with.
Speaker 4: So I think Brock is.
Speaker 5: Too valuable of an asset to where if you can't come to terms with it with an extension, you have to flip him. And the point too, guys, is like I hear some people saying, well, what are the Knucks gonna do with with picks and prospects? The point isn't about you acquire these picks and prospects and you're building to the future. The point is acquire these picks and prospects and then you leverage those assets as trade chips to dress roster needs heead of next season. Right, So for example, this team really needs another high and top six centermen before next season. You need assets to go and get those types of guys. And that's where Brock is a valuable trade chip than in my mind, they need to cash it on if they can't extend.
Speaker 1: Look at the center ice position they ad horvat Miller and Pederson. They're down to Pederson and he's underachieving. Looking ahead to the future, like you can't go far in this league without two good top six centers. Like, what are they gonna do here? I mean, top six centers don't grow on trees. There's nothing in the system, Like what are they gonna do at the center position going forward?
Speaker 4: They have to find a solution on the trader or free Asian market.
Speaker 5: And look, that's difficult, right because there are a lot of teams that are searching for top six centers. And in the fact of the matter is when teams draft and develop quality ones, especially ones that are locked up on reasonable contracts, they tend to tend to keep those guys. It's a competitive market and if anything, that just amplifies that. Okay, if you want to make a pitch, make that big swing for a top six center where there's gonna be competition, you have to hoard as many assets as possible and make sure that going into the summer your stock to make that big swing type of move to if you're gonna pool all I shouldn't say all, but a large a large number of your assets of your your cap flexibility towards addressing one need.
Speaker 4: It has to be for that top six center.
Speaker 5: And again that in my mind only reinforces the need to cash in on bess or at the deadline if you're not going to extend.
Speaker 3: Him and harm Rick Tacket. What's more likely, in your opinion speculating, which we do a lot of on this show, the Canucks letting go of Rick Cockett or Rick Cockett saying goodbye doesn't have a contract at this point for next year.
Speaker 4: It's a good question.
Speaker 5: I mean, it could be both, right, could be a mutual type of thing. Clearly, this season hasn't hasn't gone as planned and and if you're Rick Talckett, I can I can only imagine the frustration of the of having to deal for most of the season with the drama of Miller and Peterson. And yeah, those guys are gone now, But can you imagine as a head coach how mentally taxing that is to to deal with your your two best forwards can't get along with each other and there's a rift here and and this predates talk it, so it's not as if this is solely on him, And why couldn't he find a solution? I can't imagine that that was a fun scenario to to sort of deal with and talk ittt given the success he had with the Canucks last year.
Speaker 4: He is going to be high saw.
Speaker 5: It after There's a reason he was named in an assistant coach for Team Canada at Canada the Four Nations. He's gonna have options, but also from the Canucks perspective, they're gonna have to make a decision as well about is he the right fit for this group moving forward given the team's lack of offensive struggles. Me personally, I don't think he's the primary reason that the team's underperformed this season. I don't think a coaching change which would magically fix this team. I think this core group of players has already had three head coaches, and I don't think it's so the fourth one is gonna be the one to unlock the most out of them. But it could easily become a thing where you reach the summer and both sides just sort of look at it and go. It was was decent run together, but it might be in both parties' best interest to move on potentially.
Speaker 3: All right. Nineteen ninety two, blind Mellon, no rain, go give us some karaoke?
Speaker 4: Oh no chance, you guys got to give me stuff? From twenty ten onwards.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't know any of that, so it's not gonna happen. Rick stuck in the eighties.
Speaker 1: I'm in the eighties. Yeah, eighties, best music ever.
Speaker 4: Compromise early two thousands.
Speaker 3: No, next time you got. I'm holding it to that, all right. I'm going to reduce some research and we'll figure something out. Deal. Harm, thanks for this, my friend, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, good to have you back.
Speaker 3: Harm and Dile the athletic again. The Canucks with three days between games after that unsuccessful one in four road trip, hosting the orange clad Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday. Yep.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And take a look, Donny. They got a lot of teams fighting for that eighth well, the second wild card spot, and the Canucks are right in the mix with three other teams, and the Ducks are coming in down. They're not gonna be easy done. They need points as well. They're trying to get back in it.
Speaker 3: What have you seen the Eastern Conference?
Speaker 1: East?
Speaker 3: Is you know? Seven hundred teams still the Philly Chuck alive? Yeah, in a in a playoff spot. Delandy's okay, tiring, Langley in unsigned from Victoria. Demico's whole season has been a setback everything Lettius, it's not bad. I take a break. The poll question will introduce it the want and dog pole question. Next Donnie Della the team one.
Speaker 1: Jet Our podcast is brought to you in part by birds Nest Properties, Lower Mainlands leader in rental property management, from finding a tenant to collecting rent and property maintenance. Bird's Nest Properties delivers five star property management services with the reviews to prove it. Birds Nest Properties your Vancouver property managers who take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks at Bird's Nest Property as a call today six oh four two six to zero, double nine, double five, or visit Birdsnest Properties dot CA.
Speaker 3: I just brought up Blind Melon seconds ago.
Speaker 1: See this is gonna be a little bit too deep for you.
Speaker 3: Can't con I'll get me explain it.
Speaker 1: It's a horrible song for one but two. No, it's not two. What is this week?
Speaker 3: Trade Confidential?
Speaker 1: It's good job Ricky Trade Deadline.
Speaker 3: This band is rough Trade Trade.
Speaker 1: I need some trade related music for this week.
Speaker 3: Fans don't want a rough trade. By the way, this is a good tune. I don't think it just doesn't fit with the conversation previous second.
Speaker 1: But our poecast is coming up. He's about trade deadline? Is trade deadline week? This is rough trade, So I need some other trade.
Speaker 3: Give me this good lyrics in this song.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is a great song.
Speaker 3: There you go. I know you'd like it. Name of the singer ball hockey?
Speaker 1: What We used to play this on the ghetto glass before the games? What ye in the parking lot? This pumped you up?
Speaker 3: Forget?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Pump pop? Are you a confidential? It's a good song. I'm there, I'm there, Okay, no way in the crossbox ball hockey tournament. So hey again, if there's listeners viewers out there, they know good trade related songs.
Speaker 3: Help us out, help me out? Yehis with the word trade yes in them? Yeah, good song, good song ordeal.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I guess swap Okay.
Speaker 3: There's some movie titles swap Yeah, wadling question. Visit one of Victoria's favorite pumps where you could enjoy twenty taps and twenty screens. Your home, Rick, You've got some movies.
Speaker 1: With the title Swap in your swap radio collects, Red Shoe Diaries.
Speaker 3: You're home for the connection. UFC. Come sit and stay at the dog today we're gonna get fired.
Speaker 1: Go all right here it is the waddling dog up pop pop question, and who's the conduct that is most valuable trade chip wise ahead of the deadline on Friday, And no surprise here Brockbass leading of sixty one percent. Then comes EP forty twenty eight percent, and then Suitor and Carson Sushi at the end there fourteen hundred votes already.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Uh so Brockbess should get you Donnie a first round pick. I I don't know what Peterson can possibly get you done with the way he's played contract to well, the combination of contract and his play. But if you were in on Peterson Donnie before four nations, are you still in on this guy after four nations? I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Just the thought that what was Carolina offering that just don't even want. If you're a Knnoch fan, you shouldn't even you know what it was called to be illegal to bring up that story. It's like, honestly, and that just does not that's cruel to Kannuckt fans.
Speaker 1: And he's been great in Colorado, just great.
Speaker 3: Now, was it you who was saying that Suitor is more valuable than Besser or Ryan?
Speaker 1: It was Ryan. I believe PS Suitor is their most valuable trade chip. A lot of people agree with it's too pronkd. Yeah, I know, but people don't understand me. That's what I deal with him, not that right, it's too pronged. One, I don't think they're actually gonna pull the trigger on a Bester deal, so right there, he's not going to get my vote. And two, that's not the question, but you have to factor that in and you're thinking when you make a vote on the pole question. And two who's been more hot recently heading into the deadline? Pa Suitor is sixteenth goal one, he's got a career high in goals. Plus he's not facing a I'll give you a big ticket contract ahead like.
Speaker 3: Only Pederson's contract the way he's played.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stop you there. You said something incorrect, Pa Suitor. In the Canucks, you're talking contract right now, And as I said on Friday, there there's no progress. They are far apart, like this guy's going from one to six to well over three and well, okay, but old in a second, he's going to do fine on July first there, but he's not going to get eight whatever. Ryan is the most valuable trade as should I would pay PA Suitor eight million, but he is. They are far apart, The Vancouver Canucks and PA Suitor are far apart on contract talks. So I don't know what happens to that guy this week. I don't know. That's an easy decision. What's the what is it? Trade him? This is you can find a PA Suitor every July first, you can't.
Speaker 3: He just said he's an incredibly valuable asset.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's an asset to the Vancouver Canucks.
Speaker 3: To trade him, you're trying to be outrageous. I'm not.
Speaker 1: I backed up my position. I backed up my position. Their center race position is not good right now, right so take a look at the center race position going forward after this summer. But he's PIU, your first line. I'm not saying he's your first second's versatile. He's versatile, absolutely, But I'm just saying the history of this franchise, too often they've let guys that are having the rear years slipp through their fingers that they could have moved on from and a sooner to me, it's a no brainer. That's not a big decision to make the trade.
Speaker 3: The guys see him being valuable to somebody a depth.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Yes for a fourth fifth round pick, whatever you want to say.
Speaker 3: But I think most people would have their eyes on brock Besser. Yeah, short team, short term of the very least. Then you see what happens in the off season. Now speaking, and you wanted to bring this up, this is your.
Speaker 1: J T.
Speaker 3: Miller has been on fire, oh fire since joining the New York Rangers. The Rangers defeat as they push for a playoff spot in that crazy Eastern Conference. They beat Nashville for nothing at Madison Square Garden yesterday, one goal, one assist. Now, just how sizzling hot has JT. Mill since the trade versus other people?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Ryan, do you have a graph here?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Look at that grap And I said, what was it? What what do you guys call it? It's a board? A board, same thing, a graph. A graph would be interesting to see one guy going up, going out, going down. Anyways, look at this since the trade. Six goals, six assists, twelve points ten games for J. T. Miller at least Peterson three assists, eight shots, ten games, no goals, no goals.
Speaker 3: You know what you went over that so far?
Speaker 1: What you want you said? What do you want me to say? Look at this Miller twelve points, ten games, guys, been unbelievable and the coach was raving about him the other day. You saw what asked Austin Matthews said about him at who Austin Matthews said about him at the Four Nations that they just loved him. The coaching staff, by the way, Four Nations loved him.
Speaker 3: In that final game, he got a lot of ice time. I know they're missing players, thank you.
Speaker 1: And he wasn't there for getting points. He was there for a bottom six roll, which he accepted. And you don't pay because we bring this up because you guys missed that here though. Yeah, but you guys have mentioned this. We were told that Peterson was going to take off after Miller. It was gone, they got rid of the problem and it just hasn't happened that way.
Speaker 3: But what's the big stat here? What I feel like a grade sixteen? Yeah, so Miller has more points than Peterson has shots.
Speaker 1: He's gone three games I think in a row without a shot on net, and.
Speaker 3: There was an opportunity on multiple occasions on Saturday take a shot and he double clutched. He was texting with Al Christ Chris Mansion from him Whistler Golf Club and we were you.
Speaker 1: Nailed it, double planing. Just the confidence is in there right now for the shot and they need him to get going. Don like, they cannot make the playoffs with this guy and these stats every ten games. It's just impossible because they don't have a second line center right now. I know he'll your your buddy's doing well.
Speaker 3: But they at least he's noticeable.
Speaker 1: He is at times he is.
Speaker 3: He isn't the second coming of Burray like I thought he was. I'll get. I'll give you that at least I get at least I noticed him on there. I'm telling you, is this going to go down? You know the cardi A Wheel nineteen seventy and Ghilbert Parrot and you know Marcus Nasland on crutches, JJ Daniel and crutches, the Lafayette goalpost, the Neely trade.
Speaker 1: It's just gonna go in there in that category, the trade or the contract both both. We'll see what happens with Don't rule Peterson out. He could have a five game, a five point game on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: And on a bet. You know, we laugh, but it's not funny.
Speaker 1: He could he could break out Wednesday. He could break out on this homestead.
Speaker 3: You don't know that, and pigs will fly. As my dad I used to say in kilts. How are we doing business? A March eleventh, Able action is our title. Sponsor Able Actions wake Up Wreck Jeremy a song by program Able Auctions will sell the contents of a closed wood shop with late model top quality equipment. Highlighted items include a B S clever CNC router, a technoma xt automatic edgebander, a SCM sliding panel saw. Also you had your eye on the middle picture.
Speaker 1: Here, rockets the rockets.
Speaker 3: Also forkcliff paint booth, compressors, happily with the picture said, and a whole lot more. Everything in this well outfitted wood shop will be sold. Speaking of movie titles will be sold to the highest bidder on March eleventh. Well Outfitted wood Shop. For information on this quality woodshop auction good Able Auctions dot to get your woods shop sold at auction, Email sales at Able Auctions dot CA A B L E Auctions dot Ca, Pierre McGuire, Top of the Hour, Big Ride, Next Don on the team on check.
Speaker 1: House of Golf the premier destination for indoor golf in the Lower Mainland. Elegantly designed and powered by industry leading track Man technology, the facility is home to six golf simulators, offers hourly bookings to hone your game, entertain friends and family, and host clients in the perfect social setting. Take your next event to another level, whether it's a birthday, staff party or a quient event. House of Golf is built the host groups of all ages and for any occasion. Cater however you see fit and let us welcome you to the great indoors. Head to House of Golf Dotsia for more information. That is h Aus of Golf Dotsia.
Speaker 3: Just before we get to Big Rye Delaney's okay, Tyron Langley inbox from Port Moody Princess Oh. Regarding Miller, he's on fire because he's behaving himself. Playing well with a new team pretty common. Give him a couple of years and he'll be back to his tank frum like ways. I'm glad he's doing well, though maybe pe D would turn himself around on a new team. Again. That from the Princess of Port Moody, Big Ryan.
Speaker 1: That is just such a bang on submission. Big Rather the Twitter guy brought to you by birds and Nest Properties, your Vancouver property managers. They take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks at birds Nest Property as a call today six oh four h six four two six zero ninety five visit Birdsness Properties dot c A. The Princess could have maybe done that a little bit better. Okay, well we know, uh probably Am I allowed to talk white Caps or no? Oh it's your segment because I was going to and then you said you wanted to talk about eleven fifteen. I don't want to step on anybody's toest here.
Speaker 3: They had a big win yesterday. Feel free. They did take our material, okay.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, okay, well let's mention it white Caps to to one holmost the worst start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to one of your trust me.
Speaker 1: No, it's not home opener yesterday BC play Stadium two to one victory, Caps over the Galaxy to LA the defending MLS Cup champions. Uh so they've got the goal within the first five minutes of the game. Two minutes into be exact, Sam added Kuba. And it's too bad because Sam ended up going down with an injury that looks like he said, be significant.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Galaxy tied it, but with four minutes remaining in the match, the newly signed Brian White resigned. Brian White gets another goal for the white Caps, just a beautiful goal. So another victory for the white Caps. They're now undefeated under Yes Roshrenson, new head coach manager of the white Caps. And uh, I mean it's all positivity.
Speaker 3: Right now, all across all competitions. Speaking of Wish Concer Calf Cup Wednesday against Monterey. Yes, maybe one of the coolest sounding city names on the I just want to go there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Montico Bay. Same thing. Is that a city, Montico Bay? Remember the song? Is that a city? It is a city. Why wouldn't there be a song named after a non city.
Speaker 3: You're getting that right?
Speaker 1: Montico Bay? Is Is that from Cocomo?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, Montico Bay. There was a song in the eighties Montico Bay. It was a good song.
Speaker 3: Okay, we gotta find that.
Speaker 1: I will, I'll find it right now. It is a city in Jamaica.
Speaker 3: Oh, there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay again, you guys never believe.
Speaker 3: Apologize for that, Yeah, I apologize. So and then the white Caps host Montreal on Saturday because it's a six thirty start at BC Place, a lot of fun and.
Speaker 1: Look at I mean look again, with the doom and gloom that was the off season, that this report about them being up well they are up for sale and what the future holds for the white Caps, and then letting go of Vanny Sartini, the very popular manager. There's just it was a lot of doom and gloom and they've answered this season so far. And it's early. The white Caps have tripped themselves up in the middle of MLS seasons before, so we'll see how the season plays out. But the bottom line is they took it. They played really, really well yesterday when it was one one and it was heading towards the end, I thought, hey, you know what.
Speaker 3: Adversity there because of sam Otakoobe's injury. Yes, he could tell they they weren't playing as well after that, and then they picked it up, Yes, doing what Rick Tockin wants to see from the Canucks, playing well through adversity.
Speaker 1: And ending up grinding out getting a full on victory, so props to the white Caps, and.
Speaker 3: Brian White hinted, we're not going to run this clip, but he hinted in an interview afterwards that they're playing with a more pace than they did under Vannie. I'm not gonna sit here pretend I'm a soccer expert, but it was interesting that he said that, and also good on Brian White because it seemed like he was a little upset about the booing of the American nationally. He's American brewing of the American national anthem before before the game.
Speaker 1: I don't love where this is going with the booing of the anthem. It it was a big storyline again in Toronto over the weekend at the WWE event to Pat McAfee ended up taking a shot about Canadians and I just, uh, the anthem is something that it's just I don't know, I sacre territory. It's it's it's icky to me to be doing things with the anthem booing or anything else. I I I think it should kind of stand on its own.
Speaker 3: I will say this, though it's not right. We have more right to boot.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, and I understand now the Americans are going to do it because they're just retaliating. I understand it, but it's just, yeah, I don't know, it's just the headlines it's getting and like I say, it's just cropping up everywhere. And I feel bad for the singers because it kind of indirectly reflects on them, and it shouldn't because most of them do an amazing job and it's a tough job.
Speaker 3: But I thought you would want to do that, that sort of thing, you would want to boo the anthem.
Speaker 1: I've never said that.
Speaker 3: I thought, but you you're anti Gretzky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's a completely separate that. We're not going to go down that path again. I do want to rip somebody, however, which I like doing Rick because he was at it again yesterday. He being the greatest soccer player ever. Liono Messi has stiffed fans yet again. I don't know if you guys saw what happened. The Houston Dynamo had to release a statement on Saturday because they were alerted to the fact that Lionel Messi didn't travel to Houston to take on the Dynamo that was yesterday that game was. Houston's statement, in part said that they cannot control over who plays for their opponent. They went on to say they look forward to hosting everyone tomorrow, which was yesterday, for what will be an incredible atmosphere and celebration of soccer for the city of Houston. They did go on to offer a complimentary ticket to a future Dynamo match this season, much like the white Caps had to do here when Lionel Messi decided not to get on his private plane and fly across the country to play in Vancouver. It is a condensed yet again, they're playing this Cocker Calf Cup match. Uh, Miami is I believe their match? I think is Tuesday, So it is condensed. Much like the excuses we heard, he you knows that well, I was saying before we get to that. All the responses to this, it was almost exactly everything in Vancouver, people saying, man, you gouge just on tickets, and now this is happening. I bought season tickets, and now this is happening. I had a kid and I bought tickets for them, and now this has happening. It's like reading the exact same things that happened here in Vancouver. But this guy has no shame level He just no, and the MLS doesn't get bother him. The MLS doesn't care either. He doesn't care. He never says, hey, sorry for not going to Vancouver. Fifty four thousand tickets all they really feel bad.
Speaker 3: But why not go to Vancouver or in this case, Houston, show up, shake some hands, sign some autographs, kiss some babs.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: You don't have to play. You're there to sell them. That's your your your number one job. Forget about helping Miami win, is to sell the product.
Speaker 1: The product.
Speaker 3: That doesn't help sell the product.
Speaker 1: By the way, sell the product to the people that are paying your salary. I don't care. I had these people respond to me when I took a shot at him on Twitter about well, you know, they call CAP Champions Cup, and there's the World World Club play a tournament over the summer for Argentina. So they gotta mention none of those people are paying his salary. MLS fans and the MLS and Apple are paying his salary. Since he's been in the league, guys, he's gone to LA twice and Kansas City once. Every other game has been in the Eastern time zone. Every game he would he would have thought that out before. No, no, but it also helps. It's Miami, Yes, I mean where where like the city helps as well.
Speaker 3: Wait the city hurts.
Speaker 1: No, no playing in Miami the sunshine.
Speaker 3: There's many later Houston, Houston, Miami is two hours. It's not far fifteen, I think.
Speaker 1: But the bottom line is when he came into the league, Don Garber and everyone else talked about how it's gonna revolutionize soccer in North America, soccer is gonna grow, and no, it's not. No, it's not because can you imagine if the Kansas City Chiefs said, well, we played on Sunday, so unfortunately tonight's game Thursday night, Patrick Mahomes isn't gonna play because you know, our schedule is condensed. It's just not going to happen. It's, you know, like we we talk about in the show, Guys, what load management is doing to the eyeballs of the NBA and how bad that's hurting it. It's one of the reasons why the MLS is never gonna get past fifth place in this in North America. It's never gonna happen because now the biggest star on the planet basically picks and jews. But he is where he wants to.
Speaker 3: Play, tells you what he thinks of the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and and and look at I know he's birth certificate, he's an older guy. I get it. But there's so up. That's the thing that's the counterpoint that nobody can argue. There's no reason why you still can't make the trip if you can't play because your body and whatever and your schedule.
Speaker 3: Understand that being.
Speaker 1: The same, that would just be in the same building to say you saw them. And there's hockey players going to four nations in season. And it's why hockey players are the toughest players on this planet and why soccer players and NBA players are not even close. Careful, Yeah, I was gonna see.
Speaker 3: It's why what Florida Panthers think of that, what he's doing, he.
Speaker 1: Backs up a lot of people's cliche thoughts about soccer and and and the type of exactly and by the way, you just mentioned it, Matthew Chuck confirmed today he's gonna be out probably until the playoffs, uh, for his groin injury. So I mean you could tell he was very banged up. We'll talk more NHL Canucks and much more next with Pierre McGuire first time on this program for peerre we'll talk to him next. It's Donny Dolly the team on Check.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, it's Donnie and Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 1: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast, and on social media.
Speaker 3: We'd love to get involved with your company two five oh eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at Checkmedia dot ca as we try to hook up with Pierre McGuire. All of our guests today are sponsored by Baissant Motors. Whether your in need of a new automobile or parts or service for your current vehicle, Bassant Motors is here to assist you with any of your automotive needs. Stop by their dealership located at one six three one five Fraser Highway in Surrey, or check them out online at Bassan Motors, b as A and T Motors dot com. We got Pier not yet, Okay, well let's do this then, as we wait on Peer McGuire from the I Test podcast, part of the six podcast Umbrella Connects with three days between games they practiced yesterday there was a backscape. They have today off, their practice again tomorrow, and then they host Anaheim, a team they lost to last week Wednesday at Rogers' Arena. Now, speaking of that one in four road trip, Rick talk at post practice yesterday, had this to say, time to put aside the past after that tough five game road trip.
Speaker 6: Well, you just look what's in front of you.
Speaker 8: You know what, you know, you can't worry about what's in the past, what you've dealt with, what's going on. I think you just looked from moment to moment. Right now, we're in a race. I don't even know the standings. I think we're in one point in the playoff spot. And you just can only think about Wednesday night. You think, oh, and the practices we'll have on You know, obviously had a good past day, we have a day off, but the Tuesday's practice. From my experience, you cannot look at the overall pitcher. You know, you start reading stuff. You know everybody's stinks. Every back you start, you start reading that. You can't think of that way. You just got to know how do you get your game better as an individual and then keeping it in the confines of the team concept.
Speaker 6: That's really what comes down to.
Speaker 8: And like I said, you can get confidence back with a good game Wednesday, you really can.
Speaker 3: And there's so many players on that team that need a shot of confidence. Twenty two games left. Time is running out. By the way, that interview that Rick Talckett gave with the scrum, the media scrumb was before the Calgary game last night, so at that time they were in a playoffs boo. But obviously that changed with Calgary getting the single point in a loss in overtime in Carolina. By the way, Amorate in the ladies, Okay, Tarrion Langley inbox. Pierre Maguire was actually a guest on your show July fourteenth, twenty twenty one. This isn't his first time. Would he know that?
Speaker 1: And how would Ryan not know that?
Speaker 3: Well, this is what I'm thinking here is we have to send Amory it some sort of package, the hats and T shirts and whatever the case may be. This is proof and look, we haven't done the research on this, but I'm gonna trust him. This is proof that this guy's been a loyal customer of ours and we should reward him for that. No, no, uh, Pierre, not yet hopefully get him in the next segment. Let's continue with more Rick Rick Talcket and this is just so true. Well, so many things he says are true, but this is Rick on his team, not pouncing, not pouncing on key moments.
Speaker 8: Well, you just look at the games. We're going deep into a game, you know, tighter up a goal. So is that a positive? Yeah, but we're not getting Hockey is about moments. You know we had you know, I don't know. We had twenty one chance. I'm not a big analytic. We had twenty one chance to get I think thirteen. We had a couple of two on ones we had somebody had I think with Hoggy, had an empty vet, hits a guy's skate. Those are moments in the game. We're not getting those moments, bottom line. So playing hard against yeah, you want a team that always plays hard against.
Speaker 6: Can we have another level of playing harder against? Yeah? Can we close on people a little bit quicker and stuff plays? Yeah? So there's a lot of that stuff.
Speaker 3: Purt Moody, Princess Delany's okay, tiring Langley in box two submissions on the show too two and here I am glowing about amried listen to this from Port Moody Princess already a great submission. And what about this just a suggestion Canuck should send Pete Leaves Petterson down to the American Hockey the Davitsford Rick to see if he can get his confidence back, just like Columbus did with Kent Johnson. Now Kent is on fire. Port Moody Brown started his hockey with the Port Moody Amateur Hockey Association. Did Kent Johnson? And she is banging on when it comes to Kent Johnson. Three years in the National Hockey League or probably two years in the National Hockey League. Shouldn't say that because the first season was just nine games, but a full season. Last season played with the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League and ends up with fifteen points in ten games there and this season forty two points in forty six and of course the Columbus winning that big outdoor game on Saturday, which was fabulous.
Speaker 1: I would be shocked if the Canucks sent Peterson of the Miners. Remember when he struggled a few years ago, there was another media guy that said sent him to Abersburg. I just don't see it.
Speaker 3: I don't see it, but you know what, I wonder how well that would have went over in a more hockey heavy market. Yes, well, let the move for Ken Johnson down to the A. It would have been a big It looks like it's paid off for him. We got, we got, Pierre. Okay, we'll go a little longer on this segment. Then join now for the second time on the show by longtime NHL analyst, former NHL executive. Now with the Eye Test Podcast, part of the Sick Podcast. Umbrella does the show with Jimmy Murphy. It's Pierre McGuire. Thanks for doing this, sir. It took a while, but wee gotya. How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm doing fantastic, Don and Rick. Fantastic to visit with both of you. And I do consider Vancouver an unbelievably heavy hockey market, so I know what you thought about with Columbus is a little different. But what a great hockey market thing? Really?
Speaker 3: Oh, I would agree they care a lot about their Canucks. Hey, Pierre, I want to go back of it here. Pittsburgh wins the Cup in nineteen ninety two. Rick Tackett over a point a game player coming over from Philadelphia Pierre McGuire, an assistant with the Penguins back then, is what does coach McGuire remember about nineteen ninety two and the role of Rick Tocket played.
Speaker 7: How tough he was, how smart he was, how much of a selfless player he was, how coachable he was. He was just a sponge for information. Scotti Bowman told me to go pick him up at the airport. He and Schelle sanmus and came in together from Philadelphia, and I picked him up and we went and had breakfast, and you know, the Western hotel is called the William Pennant in Pittsburgh. We had breakfast in the room and we were going over system stuff. Scott didn't want him come to the rink until he thought that they could practice at our level, and did him a deep debrief on our systems and how we run practice. And they both went out that day and had a great day. Rick was just such a critical component to our team, as Waschelle. The thing that Rick brought was instantaneous credibility with our star players. Think about our roster, Joey mull and Kevin Stevens, Mario Lemire, Ronnie Francis, Brian Trotci, All if he said, like you look at it, it's a yarmer, yager, it's a murderer's row of high end players. And if you're not prepared to play with those guys, they can make funny and pretty quick. And you know, Rick came in and instantaneously just was so revered by his teammates. It was amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a risky trade. They won the Stanley Cup the year before. You give up Mark reki In a first rounder and it all worked out. Rick talking doesn't have a contract right now with the Canucks for next year. What's your best guest on his future future?
Speaker 7: Pierre, Well, if they don't sign him, he won't be out of work long. They'll get a job somewhere and he'll be a head coach somewhere else. He's a really good coach. I don't know what went on earlier this year. You men are far closer to it than I am. With Peterson and JT.
Speaker 1: Miller.
Speaker 7: I don't know what that did to the infrastructure of the dress room. I don't know what it did to the infrastructure of the organization. Clearly something wasn't right. I like what they've done as a management team. Droe Connor is going to be a really good player for them. Marcus Petterson's a really solid, shutdown guy in a very good top four guy. I'd say he's more like a three to four than he is a one to two, but still good acquisitions. Jake Debrusk was a good acquisition out of Boston. So I mean, they've done a lot of good things. I just you guys, and Philip Petal's got a chance to be a real good player for you guys. If Rick stays there, in particular, I know that he'll know how to corral that kid, will make him a real good player. You guys know better than I do. But something happened there because this team doesn't look right.
Speaker 3: Pierre. You you clearly don't watch this show a lot. There's no way we know more than you, my friend.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that is true. Pierre, Pierre, you've been in the heat of NHL trade deadline many many times. What should the Canucks do with Besser Brock Besser Pierre out in Vancouver.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, I don't know how many people in Vancouver no what a great person Brock is. He's an amazing person. I'm just going to give you a quick story. My son was playing junior in Penticton for Freddie Harbinson with the V's probably four or five years ago, and there was a young man in their community that I had, Canter, and he and his mother went to the Ronald McDonald house down in Vancouver and Freddie called me up and he said, hey, do you know anybody in the Canucks organization? I said, yeah, I know a kid that's a tremendous kid, Brock Besser. So he says, well, I believe it or not, this young person that's in Ronald McDonald's house and Saber players brought Besser. So I called Brock up and I said, look, there's this young man and he says, don't worry, I got up here. I'll take care of it. He grow right down there with a game sweater, find it. Spent time with the kid, and then went back. I don't know if they're going on a road trip or not, but I know it was a labor for him to do that, and he did it. So I just like brought him like them. Ever since the draft year, I watch him play University of North Dakota. If they can't get him sign, they're gonna have to move them. I mean, that's just it. You can't lose that asset for nothing. So if he can't get signing that they have to move him.
Speaker 1: Pierre, give us your thoughts on Elliots Peterson. I mean, just players like him one hundred point guys just don't fall off a cliff and lose their town. What's going on there? When you watch the Canucks and him play, well.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you one thing. Last night I was really ticked off. And I don't get mad at players very often. I get frustrated, but I'm mad. I was mad last night. I watched him lose that face off clean to Maddy Baniers, and that's his job. He's got to take Maddy Benier's and then Veniers get to tip in, you know obviously from the point shot and Rick, I got to tell you right now, I'm watching that, I'm going, oh, that kid's lucky. I'm not coaching him because he would be in my room and his body language is brutal, his effort level on the face off his brutal. I was really upset watching that. I'm like, whoa you got? You got to compete a little bit there, man, you got to get in the dirt and rode around a little bit. And he didn't do that, and so he would be if I were still working, he'd be in my office. He wouldn't be having a lot of fun with the video machine. I can tell you that.
Speaker 3: What's his biggest issue, Pierre Rick talking talks a lot about him not shooting enough, not moving his feet enough. A lot of people feel his skating isn't strong. What do you think is wrong?
Speaker 7: I wish he'd move his feet more down, I really would like I'm again, I like the player a lot. I don't know the person. I will be totally transparent with you. I do not know the person at all, but I know the player. And when that kid was playing really well, he'd move in his feet. He was tough to defend off the rush. He was very good off the cycle. He's strong in the pocket. He made the players around him better. So part of that Rick is right, He's got to move his feet. But the other part that's frustrating is it's got to be a second and third effort. You know. I remember again, you go grow up in Pittsburgh and you're watching these great football teams playing at Pittsburgh Steelers or the University of Pittsburgh or Penn State. But I remember the late Chuck Knowle was a coach that was there when we were coaching in Pittsburgh in ninety one and ninety two when we won the two Cups, and he used to talk about championship efforts and guy that had championship effort went to the extra mile. Talckett was one of those guys. He was amazing at championship effort. I don't think Patterson's doing that. I don't see that, and he's got to start doing that. He's got to start.
Speaker 3: Off the subject field of the Canucks parody. Pierre, do you have any idea? Who do you have any idea Who's going to win the Cup? Jets, Caps, Stars, Knights, Leafs, Panthers, I'm lightning Oilers. What a season it is so far.
Speaker 7: This is exactly what the league wanted in two thousand and four, two thousand and five when we had the nuclear winter and the salary cap was created. Parody and we have unbelievable parody in the league. And if there was ever two more teams to come in in the league, and I believe there will be, because it's not hockey related revenue. They'll try to get that done before they get a extend on the collective bargaining agreements. We're gonna have. We're gonna have parody like you've never seen for probably fifteen to twenty years. Yeah, no, it's amazing. Usually you have a pretty good idea who the final four will be. I don't think everybody thinks they're an expert, but most people don't tell you exactly who they picked until oh, yeah I had that team. I had that team. After it's done, but they don't tell you before. I couldn't tell you who it's the final four will be. The one thing I say is I can tell you who's trending the right way. I think Toronto's trending the right way. They're winning games and they're not playing well. They're training the right way. They've won five straight. I think the Florida Panthers are starting to trend the right way by the acquisition of Seth Jones. Tampa Bay Lightning are trending the right way. They've won nine of their last ten games. It's pretty impressive. I think Colorado, their general manager, has done a fantastic job. But Joe Sacket is making them better and trending the right way. So there's some teams that are definitely trending the right way.
Speaker 3: Well, I know why we haven't had you on since twenty twenty one. You just said the Leafs are trending the right now. You can't do that on a Vancouver station, Pierre, It's not allowed.
Speaker 7: Oh but you know, I listen. I grew up in Montreal, and Rick knows it's Richmond kind enough to come on our show a lot on and I remember when we used to do a lot of shows together, you and I. Yeah, but I can tell you this right now. This is a first. And I'm Montreal Canadians, proud and everything else. I never worked for the team except doing their media stuff, so I never liked the least. But I can tell you right now, this is the best leaf team I've seen since former Vancouver Canuck and general manager Pat Quinn was there. This is the best team I've seen them have to Pat with there.
Speaker 3: Well, you made good by mentioning Pat Quinn. Yeah, we got to get you back on soon, Pierre. Thanks so much for this, my friend.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, Oh, come on anytime, Rereck. You're such a gentleman when you come on our show, and like I said, I used to do a ton of late nights stuff with don I'll never forget those shows. It was phenomenal. I was really appreciative. He's just starting out, yes, in the business, and you were amazingly kind to me, and I was really grateful for that.
Speaker 3: Nobam mackenzie said to us, you know what, I can't do this anymore, but we got an up and comer here, says Pierre McGuire.
Speaker 1: It all worked out absolutely.
Speaker 7: Thanks Pierre, well, thank you and Rick Dollidwill you are a rockstar at what you do. Man, keep it up.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, Pierre, Tim McGuire, you can come back tomorrow. Checks in the mail, Ryan, what do you think are thanks to We're all messed up here to connect with the Pierre mcguarre. So what we'll do is take a break and update the poll question next. Donnie Dolly the team on.
Speaker 2: Check Dolly and Dolly the Team is supported by Ableauctions dot ca A Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 3: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free comp actual consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email Sales at able Auctions dot ca A that's sale at a b l E Auctions dot CA. Well, Peter McGuire was good, fabulous, Oh the best watt dog pole of course to say that, visit one of Victoria's favorite pubs where you can enjoy twenty taps, twenty screens your home. But the connuction in UFC, come sit in. Sorry to bother you wreck, come sit and stay at the dog today.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go the waddling dog pop pole. Question, who's the most valuable trade chip ahead of Friday's NHL trade deadline? Sixty two percent, say Brockbassard, Then comes Patterson at twenty eight percent. Then at the end is Suitor and Sushi. Seventeen hundred votes already Monday morning. It's hopping, it's popping, it's not stopping.
Speaker 3: Well, the hockey fan of this city and every NHL city pretty excited about what's going to take place on Friday, and the days leading up to it. Of course we can have.
Speaker 1: We could have some uh you know, big news before Friday.
Speaker 3: Well, every year, the people at Tia Sands Sports than anybody who does the marathon. Deadline day shows worries about all the trades made before, like what we saw on the weekend for instance, the Seth Jones trade and all the trades are down. But then you always end up getting what twenty twenty five deals. I could be wrong there, but I'm pretty sure. You know, at the very least, there's there's a lot of minor deals that that that get made. We've got some business. We're a little behind here absolutely.
Speaker 1: Look at this. Looking for a gift for a sports fan, how about an addition to your man cave. Pastime Sports the place to visit check out the largest selection of sports memorabilia, autographed items, trading cards and collectible games in Western Canada. Visit one of four locations in Langley, Metrotown, Guilford Mall and you got inside Capitalana Mall in North Vancrus. Can't visit them in store, you can shop their massive collection online the Pastime Sports dot or you can follow them on Facebook, Facebook or at Twitter and Ryan you gotta you gotta read write and Facebook or or twitter r for the latest infl and car drops and in store signings.
Speaker 3: What happened to bock beer?
Speaker 1: Bock beer? Do you remember that?
Speaker 4: Be?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Remember beer?
Speaker 3: Remember that bock beer? Anybody? No?
Speaker 1: No, how's box spelled? Be?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: What decade?
Speaker 3: It just said? I'm gonna go nineties?
Speaker 1: No, I I I'm out.
Speaker 3: It's ringing a bell here. Ryan has no clue what I'm I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: You remember Texas Pride, Texas Pride in the eighties? I don't, I don't.
Speaker 3: We got that?
Speaker 1: Be okay, Yeah, there's nothing be okay.
Speaker 3: No, okay, that's it. I'm retiring. It's it's over. There was a bock beer, maybe it was b o K laptop? What have we got there? You? I'm not seeing much for I swear to god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's like, okay.
Speaker 3: I'll look it up. You tell us what's in front of the lapell?
Speaker 1: In front of the laptop. I did something.
Speaker 3: This is right here? Bock beer, boh strong German beer, usually a Dirk logger?
Speaker 1: Is it this? Then? Like I got this photo here?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: That's not that? That wasn't the it was lebats or Molson bock Beer. Oh, somebody will back me up. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Hey, hopefully that's a message comes through. Uh no cannuction to Wednesday, right, So decide to do something a little different. Showcase a couple items at pastime sports non hockey today, including on the right there's the Pinnini twenty twenty four most recent NFL cards featuring Super Bowl champion quarterback Jalen Hurts on the cover. And on the left these are like one of Ken's most popular items apparently right now, these are tops soccer cards. Wow, that's a box of soccer cards. Forty four cards in that box, including some of the greats in the world of European football at the moment.
Speaker 3: Did Messi's card show up for this?
Speaker 1: I don't think he's featured in that because I believe it's all the European players. It's not MLS players, not MLS cards, so I don't think he'd be in that.
Speaker 3: So anyway, he's also not European. Molson bach I wasn't imagining things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Molson, I see it right now.
Speaker 3: I don't have the years here.
Speaker 1: Molton stock Ale, I got it. I got it right there.
Speaker 3: Molson back there you go. I'm not losing it. Somebody out there will remember that, along with Shaftberry Cream Ale, which was just a delicious beer. I don't know what happened to it. Maybe it's still around. You've never had a drink in your life.
Speaker 1: No, Pepsi has a retro cream soda out right now. Oh it is very good, like the old school cream soda.
Speaker 3: Never like cream soda too sweet. That's the old.
Speaker 1: Old cream sit Yeah, like not like the pink one now, yeah, the pink Chrish cream soda.
Speaker 3: Not that.
Speaker 1: But no, it's like an old school It's nice, it's smooth.
Speaker 3: It's no buck beer.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously we're good.
Speaker 3: DTMs Academy Awards yesterday, DTMZ next, Donny Dolly the team I check. Don't miss a second of Vancouver Giants hockey at the LC this season.
Speaker 1: Watched the electrifying play of twenty twenty five draft eligible Cameron Schmid as he tears up the ice alongside NHL draft picks Connor Levis, Tyler Thorpe, and Colton Roberts.
Speaker 3: Season tickets are on sale for his lowest seventeen dollars a game or grab a flex pack available in six or twelve game packages for his lowest twenty two bucks a game.
Speaker 1: Head to Vancouver Giants dot com slast season tickets and don't miss out. Hey, it's eleven thirty two on a Monday morning, Donnie Dolly on check TV. Now time for DTMZ brought to you by the world famous Swisser Golf Club. Go see big al out there a great track. Great track.
Speaker 3: DTMC brought to you by the Arnold Palmer Design was the golf club excited to announce online tea times bookings now open for any time during the twenty twenty five golf season. A reminder if you're an organizer of a group of twelve or more, now is the time to lock in your tea times as prime times are filling up fast. Tell us about your group at whistergolf dot com Forward slash groups. They've got bock beer on tap. Back up there in Whistler. Ninety seventh Academy Awards took place Sunday, Dolby Theater, Los Angeles, California. Anora and get this Saturday morning, I wake up, I decide to watch this movie that kind of a Honora became an Oscar favorite. Not for everybody, but boy did I was? I entertained Edgy Beyond Belief Anora, about a young sex worker from Brooklyn who marries the spoiled son of a Russian billionaire one for Best Picture A Nora director Sean Baker Listen to This. He won Oscars for Original Screenplay, Film Editing, Directing, and Best Picture. He becomes the first person to win four Oscars for his work on the same film. Walt Disney won four in nineteen fifty three, but for four different movies. Ryan Mikey Madison of Honora won for Best Actress. Adrian Brody took home the Best Actor prize for his work in The Brutalist, twenty three years after winning the same award at age twenty nine four. Adrian Brody for.
Speaker 1: Pianist, The Pianist. That was a great movie watching Lee. I really liked him in that.
Speaker 3: Emilia Perez, nominated in thirteen categories more than any other movie, won just two Oscars. Conan O'Brien was the Oscar host and he nailed it.
Speaker 4: A complete unknown, a real.
Speaker 1: A real pain. These are just some of the names I was called on the red carpet.
Speaker 4: I think two were fair.
Speaker 3: Oh, he was good, he was funny, not much in terms of political talk, and I think it worked. We're kind of tired of that stuff. Uh did you watch it?
Speaker 1: I was in and out of it.
Speaker 3: Back to Honora Now. Canadian Samantha Kwan born in Vancouver, served as a producer for Anora. She's also married to Sean Baker. They met at a gym in La years and years ago. She made the right choice. Absolutely, I'm giving it the massive thumbs up an Aura, but again, not a family movie. Just just so you know, okay, birthdays, we have eight birthdays. The line is said at seven on this March thirty by Bob Bob's Back by Bob the Wand's Magic Shop and Casino in Wabana, Newfoundland. Ready, you bet you you're gonna like this first one? I got a lot if youre gonna like it, but you should get it. It's from the eighties Canucks GM, when Vancouver created cam Neely to Boston in nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 1: Jake Milford, No, hold the second.
Speaker 3: Herey Neil, herey Neil, Like I said, you should get this.
Speaker 1: Who's j G.
Speaker 3: Who wasn't at the GM for a long time? Jake Milford no, oh, it is sorry, No, it's not Jack. This is sad. It was with the North Stars organization, was their coach in GM.
Speaker 1: He was the Canucks GM, J J What again, j G.
Speaker 3: Jack? Think of the leads sing the late lead singer of the Tragically.
Speaker 1: Hip, Gordon Gordon, Jack Gordon, Jack Gordon. Yeah, but he wasn't here a long time, right.
Speaker 3: But he was, and he was here for a bad time.
Speaker 1: But how long was he here?
Speaker 3: Not long? A couple of years?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wasn't here.
Speaker 3: They went the place their search for the super Boss back when.
Speaker 1: You go to a place for a couple of years, and managed to pull off one of the worst trades in franchise history. That's pretty impressive.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll say that, and I know you tend to, you know, lean towards the negative, but I want to point out this is very much like the nineteen ninety draft here in Vancouver, when everybody cheered the choice of Peter dead Bet and then years low they should have drafted Yager. People were okay with that trade at the time.
Speaker 1: The same thing is happening right now with JT. Miller, the exact same thing. How So, because we're what two a month since the trade and people alway wasn't fighting with another guy, but people already revisiting it. Like oh, I said from the beginning, horrible trade.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, no, but say Barry Peterson, they would go. Well, Cam Neely was a local kid as well, but Barry Peterson was a one hundred point center. The problem that I had was they didn't bring Rick Middleton with him, who was a standing player. And Barry was fine, he is seventy eighty point guy.
Speaker 1: Oh Barry Peters, he wasn't.
Speaker 3: He wasn't Cam. Cam's in the Hall of Fame and he's done on agree.
Speaker 1: And Tom Watt played a role in that too.
Speaker 3: Well, he didn't give He didn't give Cam.
Speaker 1: He didn't give Cam the time up date. He might have given him the time of day.
Speaker 3: Back in the days the people were watching Rangers defenseman who won the Constant My Trophy in nineteen ninety four, retired undrafted NHL defenseman from Quinnell now works as a Seattle Kraken and bank Cerverage Giants. Yeah, Brett Fester, Brett Brett jack Ordon traded him Celtics forward out of Duke. Where's the number zero?
Speaker 1: J T?
Speaker 3: Jason Tatums Tatam actress born in Baltimore. You should get this right, played Claire Dumphy and Modern Family. She also started Happy Gilmore. Yeah, j B think of an Iley off the coast of well Horse, you bay, you take a ferry to get the Julie Blank Island, Julie. That was a bad Yeah example by American actress starred in Seventh Heaven Blade, Trinity and the twenty twelve version of Total Recall. Jessica Bill Justin Timberlake. Jessica Bill, Oh.
Speaker 1: Jessica Bill, Darren got it?
Speaker 3: What's your name? Was it a bad guest? Either? Scottish born Canadian inventor credited with patenting the first practical telephone, Graham Bell, Alexander Graham Bell. Who does you know that? How did you get?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's no way you learned that.
Speaker 3: I never heard.
Speaker 1: You've never heard Graham Bell?
Speaker 3: I have?
Speaker 1: Okay, well you I don't know everybody's heard that. Give me the company named after him that laid us off? Yeah, Bell, horrible company.
Speaker 3: Running back out of Georgia. This is this is your wheelhouse, Georgia.
Speaker 1: Herschel Walker Okay, this is very justin No herschel Walker went to Georgia eight two.
Speaker 3: Heisman Trophy.
Speaker 1: Loved him. Great, great guy.
Speaker 3: Although he did the trade from the Cowboys to the Viking, set up the Cowboys for success for years. Remember, and you know who his old boss is. I believe I got this right. He played with the New Jersey generals of the USFL Trump. Trump would have been his old boss.
Speaker 1: It makes sense now he's endorsed it.
Speaker 3: There you go. Yeah, he was with him for a while. Okay, okay, is it just me?
Speaker 1: He's coming up?
Speaker 3: Chris Martin turned forty eight on Sunday and he had Coldplay gonna play us out May eight and the album Viva Levita or Death and all his friends. This is Coldplay? You got it here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And Viva Levita a check Viva la Victoria on a BC Monday Morning. Is it just me? Next? Canock's posting Anaheim on Wednesday day off today, practice tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Rip?
Speaker 1: All right? Guys? Is this just me? I'm at a point where I'd like to see uh Patterson traded now. It's bringing the team down. At some point in my lifetime, I'd like to see a Canadian and a BC strong hockey team with Quinn Hughes, thank you. That's Chris So I'd love to see more Canadians, more Canadians on the roster. Hey, don't say that, you'll get right upset. And by the way, Seattle twelve Canadians on their roster.
Speaker 3: They beat the Conks and they.
Speaker 1: Beat the just saying, just saying, Ryan, I know you have a big beef with that. Where are they in the standings, It doesn't matter where they're standings. They beat the Canucks with twelve Canadians in the lineup. Ok, stop it, mister pro Canadian. The team against having Canadians on an NHL run. That's not correct. It's only a topic when a team is bad. Meanwhile, the Oilers had more Canadians than the Panthers did last year. And who won the Stanley Cup.
Speaker 3: Mark and ladder Pipe? No Mark and Ladner? Is it just me? Based on his recent performance, eight P forty must be using high school confidential as his bump ups like rick hockey back, rick hockey, Rick dolliwell back in the hockey days, hockey days.
Speaker 1: Ball hockey Smith. Do people have ghettle blasters still?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 1: They were big in the ages. They don't know no, kids, don't you They got everything.
Speaker 3: In there, like JBL, bluetooth speakers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you just get like a bluetooth speaker. These kids have everything in the cell phone so cool.
Speaker 3: We had this big like right now, you know, you go to best Buy or Costco whatever, you see one of those JBL or JBL type speakers with all the bells and whistles and lights. Yeah, I just I always think them. I'm so tempted.
Speaker 1: Just buy it and put it on your shoulder and walk down the street like the old.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't really need one. We have a system in our home. But they're just so cool.
Speaker 1: Rick, all right, uh changes by David Bowie buck on the Island. That is very good, But there needs to be changed though to play it.
Speaker 3: No, if they don't make you're anticipating changes. If they don't, somebody in the National Hockey League will make changes. Right? Is there something about standing pat a song about doing nothing?
Speaker 1: Don't move.
Speaker 3: Nothing from nothing, Billy Preston. If they don't make a move, okay, write it down, put that in your pipe, smoke it. But I'm way behind her. Go Uh.
Speaker 1: Rick asks why would they write a song about a fake place? Two seconds later, Ryan mentions Kokomo, a song the Beach Boys wrote about a fake place. Yeah, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
Speaker 3: PLoP Caden and equivlam. How about money for Nothing, dire Sta The title speaks for a lot of the Kannock players lately.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. I love that, Dar Streets was good. That was a big hit, big hit in the.
Speaker 3: Ure the Kanucks players would love what we just said about that, what he just said about.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, I know. I have no confidence in this management team heading into the trade deadline or what direction they're gonna go in constructing a competitive roster. Add from white Rock. Not a happy camper with management right now.
Speaker 3: Leon kamloops Ryan's segment.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: But Ryan's segment should be re renamed old Ryan goes on a rant. You do come across like an old man every once in a while, very much so. And I just just so you know, that's my.
Speaker 1: Territory being a Canucks fan since nineteen eighty two. The run, in my opinion, the ninety four team is still the best we've ever had. Canucks always seem to find a way to piss you off. So there you go, and I think people are upset. Twelve months ago, Donny, the Canucks were first over on the NHL standings. Where are they today?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But did you notice Ryan what he said there? And you too, because you're on about the eighty two team. He's a twenty eleven love the eighty two team. Ninety four is their best team edge, talent.
Speaker 1: And statistically speaking, the twenty eleven team is much better than the ninety fourteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are they doing? Game seven?
Speaker 1: Are they doing? Game seven? And ninety four? Eighty two caught the imagine?
Speaker 3: It came within one goal on the road. Did they win the NHL?
Speaker 1: Win?
Speaker 3: Rangers a gift of God? Six and seven?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Callen Langley, Donnie? The trade could get worse the first they were talking about the Miller trade. The first round pick for Marcus Patterson could flip over the next year and then maybe become a lottery pick and then become Gavin McKenna. It would be the Canuck way, cal In Langley. Yeah, could you imagine that? Gavin McKenna?
Speaker 1: Kid? Oh, he is going to be good, Donnie, and the defenseman and ever too. There's some good kids coming boy, big time. We've had fifty plus years of mediocracy, with the exception of a few good years. I'm getting tired of hearing oh maybe next year. Built for the future. It seems like the future is never going to come for this team, Scott and Coquitlam.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of submissions like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lot's a good point by Scott.
Speaker 3: Frustrated knuck fans, for many of whom the thought is there that time is running out? Is it just me unsigned my daughter has a fifty dollars chandelier for Ikia. They're not all that super fancy. Oh well, I mentioned that my chandelier got shifted by the earthquake, the two earthquakes we've had it hilt last week, and Ryan, and you've just assumed that I have this real fancy chandelier and it's not like that at all. I think you're still called chandeliers fancy. Okay, a break and then.
Speaker 1: You swing from it. That's when you know it's big, Like in what's the movie or the Road Trading Places?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, War of the Roses. Douglas Michael Douglas, Yeah, and Kathleen Turner. Yeah, he swung from a chandelier. One of them swung from it. It was a divorce. It was it was a divorce. They were in Jewel of the Nile two.
Speaker 3: Yeah Yeah. Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas movies on tomorrow's show. We'll take a We'll take a break right now, wrap up the show in the poll question next, Donny Delly the Team I Check. The Waddling Dog Pop has been owned and operated locally since nineteen ninety one and has since built its reputation as one of Victoria's.
Speaker 1: Favorite watering holes.
Speaker 3: With twenty TV's twenty local and domestic taps and over two hundred seats, The Waddling Dog has something for everyone, including every Canucks game, UFC pay per views, and an unbeatable daily happy hour from four to six. The Dog is your one stop shop, with its attached cold beer and wine store offering up hundreds of local and important products, as well as an extensive inventory of Donnie and Dolly merchandise. Their award winning hotel offers dog friendly hotel rooms that are appointed with antique style furnishings and modern amenities, and only ten minutes from the airport and ferry terminal, there are countless reasons to come, sit and stay at the waddling dog, waddling dog pole question, dog pole?
Speaker 1: Rick, All right, here we go, Ryan, get her up the waddling dog, pop pole question. Who's the connuck most valuable trade chip ahead of Friday's deadline? Well, Rock Besser leading the way of sixty one percent. Then comes Eli's Anderson at twenty eight percent. Sudo a sushi at the end, eighteen hundred votes. It's hopping, it's popping, Mad Doddie, you have some photos first to birthday, to a happy birthday at Arvin, A big D and D fan, So happy birthday to him. I don't know how old he What do you want me to do? And what I can?
Speaker 3: Broadcasting school one on one? All love, smile on your face?
Speaker 1: You want me to sing happy birthday?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Come on, I can't put sugar in my coffee anymore. It makes a big difference to me, Ryan. Where we're going? Where we're going?
Speaker 3: Who is that again? Arvin? Arvin?
Speaker 1: Happy, happy birthday?
Speaker 3: Arvin? There are you happy?
Speaker 1: Now? That is better?
Speaker 3: Geez?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Where we're going now?
Speaker 1: San Diego, Sandyhu, Yeah, okay, look at this. Ken, get it up, Ryan, Ken and Dante Baisik in San Diego, watching the Absford Canucks take Sandy Calls.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, Anaheim's farm.
Speaker 1: Look at this father and son. Great pick. Good guys, Ken and Dante going all the way to San Diego checking an Absford Cannuck Sandygo Gulls game. So we got a second picture too from this trip. So this is the hockey game, second picture. We've got a second picture of that. I didn't see the second the lacrosse game. Oh, San Diego's called the.
Speaker 3: Cross team San Diego Seals.
Speaker 1: There there it is and different Donnian Dolly attire. What's with the hat? The big cowboy hat they were giving them away here. I didn't see the second pick. I only saw the first pick. But anyways, Ken and Dante, thank you for going to San Diego and thinking to Donnie and Dolly, what a great picture, beautiful.
Speaker 3: I can't thank them enough. Yeah, any anything else?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely right? Where we're going on? This is a John Deere Moore. Oh yeah, this is my buddy Big Jay from Chilliwack. I hope you all got your grass cut this weekend? Did mine? With my Donnie and Doll you hat on riding by John Deere? Look at this? Oh, I've never driven. I've never driven a John.
Speaker 3: Dear, thank God for that.
Speaker 1: No, it's a lifelong dream, but I just a lifelong I've always wanted to, but I like to just the regular more. But just look at this and by the way, quickly his son coaches Chiliwak Junior by They're up against Paper Ridge. Yeah, the Jets and Maple Ridge. They got a big series coming up, two of the best teams in the Pacific Junior B League. And what are you laughing at? Donnie knows this league inside out like I do. It's gonna be a great series.
Speaker 3: Suggestion Willie and the Whack for a song? Yeah, going into the trade deadline? Who was the other one?
Speaker 1: You had? What changes by David Bowie? But I put.
Speaker 3: Another David Bowie song. Let's dance.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's dance, Okay, love, Let's dance, negotiating, Let's dance. That could be used for so many different things. That's give me another example, dancing dancing one, give me another fighting, Okay, there's three. You know we can do better. You know what you that that gentleman earlier was bad? You are an old man. I'd rather play changes. We're not getting the last one. We'll shave the third pick. Okay, we'll do tomorrow. We're good.
Speaker 3: How are we doing on the show?
Speaker 1: You have five seconds before going to play the music.
Speaker 3: Okay, and there we're gonna say goodbye. Thanks for tuning in, folks on behalf of Ryan Derek.
Speaker 1: Let's Dance Everybody. Great song, don't cut it down.
Speaker 3: It's a great song, my favorite boy song, but it's one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Are you down the list?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I go deep with the yeah as you.
Speaker 1: And Rick.
Speaker 3: I'm done and you're up to date in the world of sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly Podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dolly for all the latest show content.