Speaker 1: Alrighty diary, it is the Crell Cast for this Friday, September thirteenth.
Speaker 2: I hope you are safe from Jason Vorheath.
Speaker 1: We are going to be in my kitchen today, and that means I have no idea what the audio is going to sound like, but we're going to be talking about the things in the landfill that are killing it. Uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged.
Speaker 2: It's the cuel Cast.
Speaker 1: Listen daily on your favorite streaming service. It is the Crew Cast. I am Corel, silvery glad you are joining me. I'm not really sure why we're not live on YouTube at the morning at the moment, but we should be.
Speaker 2: God Goodness knows. I hope we are.
Speaker 1: I hope it's just slow on the YouTube. There it goes. Okay, So I'm in the kitchen today. I have no idea what the audio is going to sound like. My biggest fear is that it's only coming out one of your ears. If that's the case, we will fix that for future use. Now though we are in someone's in the kitchen with Chuck Key, and that is you. Because I've got a huge apology to make to some of you, and also we're going to tell you about climate change and how your kitchen and your living room and your TV room and your media room is really playing into it more than you you know, can imagine. So we'll be talking about that. Also, I'll be checking the chat room over here at YouTube dot com forward slash really carrel for those of you that are going to be in there with me. My kitchen which launched over one thousand comments on threads because some people loved the open kitchen, some people said it was too cluttered for their taste. Whatever it might be, it is my kitchen and I love it. So let's start with the first of all, thank you got a new patron yesterday. Also, thank you for listening to We're Not Going Back and liking it and spreading it around. Please keep doing that through the weekend. We're going to hear this afternoon from the campaign. Billboard magazine actually said I could send it off for review consideration, although they probably won't review it because a lot of people see my song as too divisive and political.
Speaker 2: Can you believe that.
Speaker 1: A song about you know, going forward, going into the future, about not going back to a past of hatred without naming names. By the way, they find it too just too much. It's just too too much. So we'll see, we'll see what happens with it. But thank you so much for liking it and for playing it, and remember to stream it on Spotify the Austin We're Not going Back, and also stream it on Apple Music the Austin We're not going back. We need a thousand streams on each to make sure it stays on the platform, so please go and do that. Also, Trump announced yesterday he doesn't want to have his ass kicked again, so meaning he's not going to do another debate.
Speaker 2: How many of you are surprised by that?
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, no, And he's out there saying, well, you know, because a fighter that wins the fight doesn't scream for a rematch.
Speaker 2: It's the loser that does.
Speaker 1: So they're the ones pushing for a rematch, which means they lost and I won. And it's like spin away Donald, you know, at his age, spinning that much probably makes him dizzy, because boy does he like to spin the truth.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: You know, I like to talk about climate change here and hello, Hoover's in the chat room. Rachel Kapper, Rachel, it's a day I chose to be in my kitchen, one of your favorite rooms, and here she is with me. So I owe you all an apology. Let's start with that. Let's start with that part of the show. I recommended this item that you'll see in the wide shot. This item right here is a nut milk maker, as you can see right here, it's by chef Wave and it's.
Speaker 2: One hundred and ninety nine dollars two hundred and twenty nine dollars nut milk maker.
Speaker 1: And the beauty of this nut milk maker right here by chef Wave, so I thought, is that A.
Speaker 2: It makes twenty sols at a time.
Speaker 1: B It heats it so you can make soy milk, because you gotta heat soy milk to make soy milk. And see it's self cleaning, although as you can see, it's not really that self cleaning. I know what this wireless mike. You can also hear my ding ding ding of my grandfather clock, which is six minutes late because I didn't set it this morning. So I recommended this chef Wave on things that I love, and I wanted you to go buy it, and some of you did, and I got to tell you I absolutely hate it now and let me tell you why. So about a year and a half after I bought it, I started getting these error messages fifty percent of the time, and the error message was ER ten.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, air ten means that.
Speaker 1: This weird little tube we'll switch away to'll switch backs to the wide angle lens here for you. Right there, this weird little tube up in here needs to be cleaned, except there's no way to clean it.
Speaker 2: I've shoved a Q tip up and I've done I've taken.
Speaker 1: This machine fully apart, and there's no way to clean that too. So it has a self cleaning function. I would run it before I would make the milk, and fifty percent of the time that would stop the air or ten.
Speaker 2: The error ten wasn't consistent. It did it sometimes, it didn't do it others.
Speaker 1: So it's really annoying because when it did it, you were stuck with all the milk up here and no way to get it out, and if you tried to pour it out, you could scald yourself and make a huge mess. As you can see from the side of this that I've made a huge mess having to pour it out the side. So after about five times of doing that, and trying to clean it. I contacted customer service and do know what they told me. It's out of warranty because it's been a year and air ten means to clean that nozzle. And if that doesn't work, throw the unit away and we'd be happy to have a sales member contact you to get another one. So throw this one away and buy a new one. Now, look at this unit to the glass carafe here. It's got this plastic thing here, it's got this thing here, and it's got all of this, you know, plastic and metal and god knows what kind of chemicals inside, and it's got a little computer up here to you know, choose your your nut, milk and everything. So just trash this, just like, put this whole unit in the trash because fifty percent of the time it doesn't work and the company has no responsibility, like instead of send it back to us and real recycle because Apple, you can bring in your computers at least.
Speaker 2: So first of all, let's before we talk.
Speaker 1: About how wasteful and horrible and how that's destroying the planet. Let me tell you what my solution was. I found a company called Meo mat Okay Meo Mat.
Speaker 2: And Meo, Matt.
Speaker 1: All their controls are up here on the lid. As you can see the lid there. It also makes soy milk. It also heats everything you can make soups and stews and everything right in it. On the top it says raw milk, cereal milk, soy milk, cleaning, creamy soup, chunky soup, porridge, are a smoothie which you can make all in here. This pops off and as you see, there is a blade down there, and then there's this little blade cover which you use for some of the milks and others you don't. It's got its temperature gauge right there to Gaatee's the temperature, and it's got an enormous inside. The chef wave only makes twenty ounces. This makes almost half a gallon, almost sixty four ounces. This takes thirty nine minutes to do soy milk in This only took twenty two. But I will tell you I am so much happier with the meal, Matt. I am so much happier with it. It makes beautiful, creamy soy milk, just wonderful. It doesn't leave that much pulp for you to strain out. It comes with its own little strainer.
Speaker 2: Where is that. It's right here.
Speaker 1: It comes with its own little strainer that and so you just strain it after you do this, and you know, and it does all the nut milks. It does all of them, Macedamia, almond, all of it, recipes for everything. It's smaller. Look at the imprint, you know this versus this. So it's a smaller countertop imprint as you can see. And it does everything this does. But there's no frickin air or ten. There's no self cleaning, there's no mistakes. And it makes more so a because their customer service sucks so bad and said, oh, just throw it away, buy a new one that is not you know, there's a right to repair law in California and other states where you actually can tell the company, no, I want this repair. I couldn't bring this to a shop. There's no repair man in town that can repair this, you know.
Speaker 2: I called.
Speaker 1: There's no one, and if they did, it would be one hundred to one hundred and fifty bucks for the repair.
Speaker 2: And it's a two hundred dollars unit.
Speaker 1: This is so much smaller, there's less working parts, it holds more. It is it is comparably priced. This is like one seventy nine and this is one nine forty nine. But I will tell you the quality of the milk that I'm getting out of the meal mat is already so much better. So I now recommend the meal mat to make your nut milk, and not this horrifying chef wave. But more important, this is indicative of the kind of nation and kind of world we're living in nowadays. You'll have a seventy inch TV. It'll go bad, something will go wrong in it. Instead of calling a repair man, chuck it in the trash and go buy a five hundred. This is only twelve percent of all electronics are recycled.
Speaker 2: Twelve percent. That number, that's horrific.
Speaker 1: It needs to be so much more than that, because fills are filling up and there could be dangerous metals in this. I don't know there could be, but the notion that a company would tell me, oh, I guess what, since it's it works only fifty percent of the time, because it does work half the time without an error. Ten, just chuck it in the trash. Look at this thing. Look just truck this in the trash. How many of you have those pod coffee makers. They can't repair those. You know, we are now making appliances that are not repairrable by there's no text around town. And if you can't send it to the company, they won't repair it. Like I would gladly pay for a repair on this if they offered it, if they'd said, look, it's out of warranty, but for forty nine to ninety five, if you ship it to us, we'll repair it and send it back. If they had some kind of discounted repair. And that's why the law should mandate that any appliance manufacturer have a dis counted repair program for their products. That's what the right to repair law is all about. This company should be forced to repair this if I want it repaired, not oh, just throw it away and we'll have a salesperson sends you. You know, you can buy a new one. Because we are killing the planet. We don't have any more room for landfills. I know, y'all don't think about the trash once you take it out. That's why I save my food. See this is leftover food. My loamy is currently working out in the patio. I have a loamy. It is a food composter. It keeps food out of the trash, because again, you throw away too much food in your trash. The dump is not a place for your food to biodegrade. Loamy makes one and another company called mill makes one. You should be composting all of your organic matter. It's up to you. It is not up to the disposal serve this. It's up to you. And so I am mad at Chef Wade. I'm mad that they don't offer a repair service. I'm mad that they would just tell me to chuck a two hundred dollars machine into the trash after a year. That means this thing costs me twenty bucks a month, you know. And yes, the milk that comes out of it's better than the store. But come on, I am hoping the meal mat lasts a lot longer.
Speaker 2: How about you in the chatroom.
Speaker 1: At YouTube dot com forward slash Really, Carrel, this is so strange, says Rachel. I was going to email you today to get the nut milk maker you own. Oh so surprising. And the almond cow isn't great. No, I don't really like, you know, the almond cow as much as I do like this meal, Matt. I love what I like on the meal mat is that it's got all these different programs right on top, and it's got a better internal system. So I really am liking this over the almond cow. And oh, almond cow does not heat things up. This heats up the milk for almond milk because you have to cook almond milk.
Speaker 2: You have to.
Speaker 1: If you don't, you'll get horrible and testinal bloat and gas.
Speaker 2: And it just won't be good.
Speaker 1: But more importantly, we have got do not buy appliances from companies who don't have a repair program, or if you need to dispose of them, don't help you recycle them. It should just be a law that all companies have to take their trash back. We should be able to send this back to chef Wave and have them do something with it, you know, we really should. My option shouldn't be thrown in the trash buy a new one. There should be a return program all appliances, televisions, everything in your kitchen, everything, every stereo piece, every bit of equipment that you have. They're a microwave, my brava oven, there should be a return program to the company that made it so then they can recycle it. These should not be going in landfills. They simply should. All Right, We've got a lot more to talk about today. I hope you're having a good day on Saturday. On Friday, the thirteenth of September, the weekend is upon us.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you're gonna have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: We'll talk more about so many things when we come back. But remember you have to start somewhere with your climate change mode of life, in other words, what you do for climate change. And one of the things you could do is I am sending this back to chef Way. By the end, I am going to pay the ups to send.
Speaker 2: It back to that company unless vensire with it. If they want to throw it in a jump here, let them. I'm not putting this in a dump. I'm not doing that same. I'll donate it to a risk joy.
Speaker 1: I am not going to accept back a landfille.
Speaker 2: Not going to happen.
Speaker 1: And hey, well, well here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons that Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corel Cast, then please go to patreon dot com. Forward Slash Really Corell. That's Patreon dot com. Forward Slash really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com Forward Slash Really Corell.
Speaker 2: There's so much great free.
Speaker 1: Content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show to Patreon at Patreon dot com.
Speaker 2: Forward Slash Really Corel.
Speaker 1: Thanks from thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can. So the air is future in Las Vegas today because Donald Trump is in town and there's fires, but you know everyone, Like yesterday, we talked about how people really do eat dog and cat in other countries and how if you're a vegan, the notion of eating a cow or a pig or a chicken is just as appalling as if you ate a dog or a cat. However, in Springfield, it's not harmless. Haitians since he said this, have been getting attacked today. Two Springfield schools are evacuated, one is closed due to threats. They're getting vandalized, their cars, homes and businesses are being vandalized, things like dog eaters and stuff being written in paint across their businesses. So you know this has consequences what he says, and the fact that idiots actually believe that Haitians in Springfield, Ohio are eating dogs and cats. And of course this shows how unhinged his group of people are. He is now posting AI generated images of him at a podium saying cats for Trump and the whole audience's cats, and he's implying that animals like him because he doesn't want them to get eaten. This is not only unbalanced, but it's dangerous. I know we're all having a good joke with it, and they're making all these memes and stuff.
Speaker 2: It's dangerous. Two schools have had bomb threads.
Speaker 1: Kids are at home today afraid because of what his supporters. These aren't commalist supporters, These are Trump supporters. This is who these people are. They're hateful, spiteful, petty people who would terrorize schools, terrorize children, They would go in and do harmful things to people's businesses over something that is not true. The Guardian UK said that Trump's headline about eating dogs proves that Maga will fall for anything. The New York Times, which has become a rag, actually said the same thing that this proves how Trump's supporters will fall for anything. And that's how dangerous and that's why he is so dangerous, because they will fall for anything. And that's you know, that is a dangerous, dangerous situation. And so in Springfield today we have Haitians who are afraid, afraid to send their kids to school, afraid to go start their cars, afraid to open their businesses. Why because Maga and Donald Trump are going off on some tangent.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 1: That's why, you know, we have to win this election. We have to, I mean truly, we have to win the election because if these people get in power, their tyranny is.
Speaker 2: Never going to end. You know, it's just never gonna end.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, you got Russia saber rattling, throwing out UK diplomats and such, because we're going to allow the Ukraine to use the missiles that we have given them to attack Russia, which is what they should have been doing with them all along. And so Russia is now like, oh, if NATO supplied missiles attack Russia, whether it's the Ukraine doing it or not, we're going to consider it an active war from NATO. Okay, lad go ahead, run with that. You know what, Vladimir Putin wins and he gets people to listen to him because they're afraid of it. I'm not afraid of Putin and I'm not afraid of nuclear war. You can't live in fear. If nuclear war is gonna happen, it's gonna happen. We all won't die. We'll have to find a way to live through it. I hope that you and me and our pets are all safe, but it doesn't matter. It's better to just let it happen. If it's a fade complete, it's better to let it happen. Then there'll be a new world order afterwards, China and Russia maybe slapped down or gone. You know, we have many nukes and just as many, if not more than Russia than China, and if they want to use them against our major cities, then Moscow will be dust go ahead.
Speaker 2: But see they won't. They'll use them against like the Ukraine.
Speaker 1: He'll bomb the Ukraine and he'll get mad at NATO, but he'll use a nuclear weapon in Ukraine. And then of course we'll retaliate, and there's World War three. Now I'm not saying Donald Trump was right about World War three starting. I am telling you that they start all the world wars have started in these regions, the Balklands and you know, in the Middle East, and.
Speaker 2: So truly there is a risk. But aren't you just.
Speaker 1: Afraid of living in fear? You know, aren't you all just afraid of living in fear? I gotta tell you I thought a lot about fear recently.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I suddenly became aware that in my lifetime I've had too many CT scans. Now, according to science, there's no such thing. They say you can have four a month, and you know there's no uplimit. However, when you further read, there is an increased cancer risk of about twelve percent if you have over more than ten scans. I've probably had thirty in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I was worried about Ember because for a couple she was in the room. But it says they don't live long enough. It takes twelve to twenty years for any cancer from radiation to appear. Dogs don't live that long, so that you know, that's not an important message. But I was very worried, so I did some research this morning. So my risk of developing a cancer is about twelve to eighteen percent higher because of all the scans I've had. However, my risk of developing lung cancer because my parents smoked with me in the house and with me in the car is about forty percent higher than the people who weren't around.
Speaker 2: Second hand spoke for fifty five years.
Speaker 1: I was not a vegan, so my chances of getting colon cancer because I ate meat for fifty five years are forty percent higher than people who don't eat meat. Are you aware that if you eat red meat and or processed meat, you have a forty to sixty percent higher chance of getting colon cancer than people who don't. Well, I'm a vegan for seven eight years now, but before that, I hate meat, so I put myself.
Speaker 2: At risk of So I went through all these things.
Speaker 1: I said, oh God, when I'm on the motorcycle, I have eight hundred times more likely to get into a car crash. There's a one in three chance that if I fall I will die one in three, you know, and I've fallen twice and haven't died, so you know, three might be the charm. So you see what I'm saying. I started going through all these statistics because I was going down the rabbit hole of oh, you've had so many cts, you're going to get cancer. First of all, doesn't mean you're gonna It means that you're about twelve to twenty five percent higher.
Speaker 2: Risk than people who've never had a CT.
Speaker 1: Well, you add in that my parents smoke, to add in that I ate red meat with fat, had high blood pressure, didn't exercise. You add in all this other stuff, and all of a sudden, it just looks like why even go forward? You know, obviously I'm gonna end up, you know, with cancer or crippled or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's fear.
Speaker 1: That's fear that you just you can't live in that. You can't live in that kind of fear. And it's the same thing with Russia. We can't live in fear every day of Vladimir Putin starting a nuclear war because he's upset about Ukraine or whatever. If we believe that Ukraine should be a sovereign nation, then whatever missiles we give, it should be up to them to use how they want.
Speaker 2: And if they.
Speaker 1: Fire them at Moscow, well then glad you're at war with Ukraine. You're not at war with the United States. We're just selling them weapons, you know. But that's not how he sees it. He wants just like Israel wants us to be in a big war in the Middle East, Vladimir wants us in a war.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I know he thinks he'll win because he'll side with China and a few other nations. But I don't think China is willing to risk their entire economy to go to war with the United States. We are their number one consumers. If the United States goes away, if we stop buying things from China altogether, China crashes and xie zingping that he's the emperor of a broke, angry, hungry, out of work nation.
Speaker 2: He didn't want that.
Speaker 1: There's not enough customers in Russia and India and other places for China. We're their number one customer. So if China joins Putin in a war, and we cut off all goods and services from China. China goes down. They don't have the money to afford the war. Very shortly after that would begin. But shortly there's the fear. I am so tired on my whole life. We've been afraid of Russia, be afraid of China. Oh, be afraid of this country, be afraid of Iran, be afraid of Iraq, be afraid of the Saudis, be afraid of the Taliban, be afraid of and then be afraid of cancer, and be afraid of heart attack, and be afraid of stroke, and be afraid of being rob be afraid of being shot in public. Be it my God, no wonder, We're all fucking basket cases. Our whole life is predicated on fear. Some of it justified. You should fear getting shot in public. Republicans don't care about your life, they don't care about guns, they don't care about public safety.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you should fear that.
Speaker 1: There are some rational fears, But you know, fear makes you live in the future.
Speaker 2: We often fear the future.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll get cancer, maybe I'll fall off my motorcycle, maybe this, maybe that we always fear the future, and that rob's the present of any joy that you have. You know, yes, I'm gonna be predisposed to get cancer. My parents smoked. I ate bad for fifty five years. I've had a lot of CT scans. Odds aren't in my favor. That doesn't mean it will be terminal, doesn't mean it won't be treatable, and doesn't mean I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna get it.
Speaker 1: Even if I have, even if I've increased my chances by fifty percent with all of that, it still means I have a one out of tude chance of not getting it. Even if Vladimir Putin gets upset at Zelenski for using missiles from the UK and the United States, that doesn't mean he's gonna launch nuclear war. And if it does, it doesn't mean he's gonna hit.
Speaker 2: Your city or my city. We don't know what it means.
Speaker 1: We have no idea what he would do, but what it would mean as an end to being afraid of him, it would change the world order. All right. It is Friday the thirteenth, and you know, I got a lot of entertainment options out there. If you're like me, you think about going to the movie like speak no Evil as out today.
Speaker 2: It's a Blumhouse film.
Speaker 1: I like horror movies, and it's Friday the thirteenth, so why not go see it?
Speaker 2: Hear it's great?
Speaker 1: But I have to tell you I found a delightful series. It's from a series of books on Apple TV Plus, which is well worth the price, and it's called Bad Monkey, and it's got Vince Vaughn, who I am not a big fan of, but I certainly like him in this and I want a season two of this show, I really do. It was interesting and it had unique characters, and it was comedic in a very dark and funny way. His character, I mean, he always just plays himself, but his character fits as this detective or this cop. I like his girlfriend did it. I like the black woman who is called the Dragon Queen. I love her. I love everything in it. I loved it so much. Over the last four days, I watched all ten episodes. I have Apple screeners. You can only watch six episodes right now and then it posts every week. But I've seen all and they're fabulous. So if you want to check out a really fun, really engaging there's five different storylines to follow, I would highly recommend Saving money and just watching Apple TV plus this weekend if you want entertainment and watch Bad Monkey.
Speaker 2: Really really good series, really good series.
Speaker 1: Also, I do want to talk about going to the movies, you know.
Speaker 2: I like to promote it here on the show because they're gonna look.
Speaker 1: I have just learned through releasing this record, everything about the music industry has changed everything. You no longer seek media and then go to radio. Now you got to make a viral hit on TikTok, on threads, then you got to get views on YouTube, and then they'll pay attention to you. You it's not the same music industry I was in ten years ago. It's just not And record stores are gone. Radio most of us don't listen to you know, So everything has changed. And with films everything has changed too, because you can now buy movies within a week of them being released. You've got seventy inch TVs at home. But today I walked to the park with Ember because of its seventy degrees in the morning for the first thought in a long time, and I brought my camera and I'm posting.
Speaker 2: Photos and it felt.
Speaker 1: Like I was me.
Speaker 2: I guess going to the movie makes me feel like me. You can go to Hi'm Ferelvi.
Speaker 1: You want to be I'm going to hurt you body. Go have fun this weekend movie you feel like you go to the movie.
Speaker 2: Go for a long long take a camera with you. Be yourself.
Speaker 1: It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours.
Speaker 2: Listen daily to the
Speaker 1: CORELL cast on your favorite streaming service.